本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你正在收听卢克的英语播客。
You're listening to Luke's English podcast.
更多信息请访问teacherluke.podomatic.com。
For more information, visit teacherluke.podomatic.com.
嗨,大家好。
Hi, everyone.
我是卢克。
This is Luke.
感谢收听本播客。
Thank you for listening to the podcast.
今天的播客会非常简短,因为我没有时间做完整版。
This is a very quick podcast today because I don't have time to do a full one.
我实在太忙了,所以这次会非常简短。
I'm very busy, so this is going to be a very quick one.
在本节课中,我将教你12个实用的短语动词。
And in this podcast, I'm going to teach you 12 useful phrasal verbs.
好吗?
Okay?
现在我希望你们做的是听我接下来要读的这段短文。
Now what I'd like you to do is listen to this short text I'm going to read you.
你们能找出文中的12个短语动词吗?
And can you find the 12 phrasal verbs in the text?
所以请仔细听,你们能找到这些短语动词吗?
So listen carefully, and can you find the phrasal verbs?
明白了吗?
Okay?
那么现在开始读文章的开头部分。
So here is the beginning of the text.
这个铃声表示开始。
That's a bell to show that's the beginning.
那么现在开始。
So here's the beginning.
我最近还没抽出时间做新一期播客。
I haven't got round to doing another podcast recently.
我并没有故意拖延。
I haven't been putting it off.
只是最近被其他很多事情缠住了。
It's just that I've been caught up in a lot of other things recently.
我并没有放弃,也不是没有灵感了。
I haven't given up on it, and I haven't run out of ideas.
只是目前所有时间都被其他事情占用了。
It's just that all my time is being taken up by other things at the moment.
希望你们没有对我的播客失去兴趣。
I hope you haven't gone off my podcast.
也希望你们在期待下一期节目。
I also hope you're holding out for the next episode.
你们只需要再耐心等待一下,新节目很快就会上传。
You'll just need to hold on a bit longer for the next one to be uploaded soon.
别忘了告诉我你对这个播客的感受。
Don't forget to let me know how you're feeling about the podcast.
如果你因为我最近没更新而有点恼火,发封邮件告诉我你的想法吧。
If you're a bit pissed off that I haven't uploaded a new one recently, just send me an email to let me know how you feel.
别把情绪憋在心里。
Don't bottle up your feelings.
这对你非常不好。
That's very bad for you.
有什么意见尽管告诉我,我会非常高兴。
Just tell me any comments you have, and I'll be very happy.
我喜欢收到你们的留言。
I like getting your comments.
这些留言总能让我振作起来。
They always cheer me up.
好了,又一声铃响,表示文本到此结束。
Well, that's another bell to say that's the end of the the text.
好吗?
Okay?
你找到那12个短语动词了吗?
So did you find the 12 phrasal verbs there?
我想知道。
I wonder.
现在让我告诉你我用的12个短语动词。
Now let me tell you the 12 phrasal verbs I used.
好吗?
Okay?
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
好的。
Okay.
那么第一个,'to get round to doing something'(抽时间做某事)。
So number one, to get round to doing something.
这意味着你终于有时间去做一件因为忙碌而搁置已久的事情。
This means that you do something you haven't been able to do for a while because you've been busy.
明白了吗?
Okay?
举个例子,你可以说:我的厨房里堆了很多脏盘子。
So for example, you could say, I've got lots of dirty dishes in my kitchen.
我还没抽出时间去洗它们。
I haven't got round to doing them yet.
懂了吗?
Okay?
或者你可能会说:我终于抽空洗了盘子,或者我昨天终于把堆积的碗碟洗了。
Or you might say, oh, I finally got round to cleaning the dishes, or I finally got round to doing the washing up yesterday.
盘子太多了,花了我很长时间,但我最终还是处理完了。
There were so many plates that it took me ages, but I finally got round to it.
所以我在长时间没洗后终于把这些堆积的碗碟洗了,因为之前一直很忙。
So I did the washing up after not doing it for a long long time because I've been busy.
对吧?
Right?
第二点,拖延某事。
Number two, to put something off.
明白吗?
Okay?
拖延某事。
To put something off.
意思是因为不想做而避免做某事。
This means to avoid doing something because you don't want to do it.
对吧?
Right?
我说过,我并没有在拖延。
I said, I haven't been putting it off.
我并没有拖延录制另一期播客。
I haven't been putting off doing another podcast.
所以如果你拖延某事,意味着你其实不想做,于是你说'哦,不行'。
So if you put something off, it means you don't really want to do it so you you say, oh, no.
我现在不打算做那个。
I'm not going to do that now.
我晚点再做。
I'll do it later.
我就先放着,等会儿再说。
I'll just put it off until later.
对吧?
Right?
比如洗碗这件事,如果厨房水槽里堆满了脏盘子,我走进厨房。
So for example, with them washing up, if I've got lots of dirty dishes in the in the sink in the kitchen, I go into the kitchen.
我看到所有脏盘子。
I see all the dirty dishes.
我想'哦,不要'。
I think, oh, no.
我现在不想做。
I don't wanna do it now.
我会把它推迟到以后再做。
I'll just put it off until later.
我稍后再做。
I'll do it later.
我会把它推迟到以后。
I'll put it off until later.
对吧?
Right?
第三点,被某事缠住。
Number three, to be caught up in something.
被某事缠住。
To be caught up in something.
这意味着你一直在做某件事,导致你无法做其他事情。
This means that you've been doing something which has stopped you from doing something else.
对吧?
Right?
举个例子,我最近被很多事情缠住了,所以一直没机会录制新的播客。
So for example, I've been caught up in a lot of other things, so I haven't had a chance to record another podcast recently.
是吧?
Yeah?
被某事缠住。
To be caught up in something.
第四点,放弃某事。
Number four, to give up on something.
放弃某事。
To give up on something.
你们都知道'give up'这个词。
Now you know the word give up.
它很常见。
It's very common.
很多人都知道'放弃'这个词,但这里指的是'放弃某事'。
Lots of people know give up, but this is to give up on something.
真的吗?
Really?
意思是说,你停止做某事,选择退出,因为你认为它不会成功。
It means that you it means you you stop doing something, you quit because you feel that it's not a success.
明白了吗?
Okay?
好的。
Alright.
举个例子,如果我想成为著名摇滚明星,但没人喜欢我的音乐,我可能会放弃成为摇滚明星的梦想,因为坦白说这不可能实现。
So for example, if I'm trying to become a famous rock star, yeah, but nobody likes my music, I'd probably give up on on becoming a famous rock star because frankly, it's not gonna happen.
我的唱功不够好。
I'm not a good enough singer.
对吧?
Right?
所以我打算放弃那个目标。
So I'm gonna give up on that.
明白吗?
Okay?
好的。
Okay.
第五个表达,'点子用尽'。
Number five, to run out of ideas.
我说我还没到江郎才尽的地步。
I said I haven't run out of ideas.
'用完某物'意味着你消耗殆尽,手头一点不剩。
To run out of something means that you you you use all of it up and you don't have any left.
举个例子,比如说...
So for example, if you let's see.
如果你香烟抽完了,就意味着你吸光了所有存货,一根不剩。
If you run out of cigarettes, it means you smoke all your cigarettes, you don't have any cigarettes left.
你需要再买一些。
You need to buy some more.
如果我江郎才尽,就意味着我用光了脑海中所有的创意点子,再也无法制作更多播客节目了。
If I run out of ideas, it means I use all of my ideas in my head until I don't have any ideas left and I can't do any more podcasts.
不过我现在还没到山穷水尽的地步。
Well, I haven't run out of ideas.
我脑海里还有很多创意,笔记本里也记满了点子,未来都会做成播客节目,所以完全不用担心。
I still have plenty more ideas in my head and lots of ideas in my notebook, which I'm going to turn into podcasts in the future, so don't worry about that.
我猜你们肯定都特别担心吧?
I'm sure you're all very worried, aren't you?
讽刺语气。
Sarcasm.
刚才那句话就是典型的讽刺。
That was just an example of sarcasm there.
如果你不知道什么是讽刺,建议查字典,拼写是s-a-r-c-a-s-m。
If you don't know what sarcasm is, I suggest you check it in a dictionary, and it's spelled s a r c a s m.
讽刺。
Sarcasm.
是的。
Yeah.
总之,我想我们现在该说第六点了,来占用时间。
Anyway, I think we're on to number six now, to take up time.
在这种情况下,我说,我的时间被它占用了,或者说我的时间已经被其他很多事情占用了。
Now in this case, I said, my time is taken up by it or my time has been taken up by lots of other things.
所以如果某件事占用了你的时间,基本上就是说它消耗了你的时间。
So if something takes up your time, it basically means that it's it uses your time.
比如说,你知道,最近工作占用了我的全部时间。
So for example, you know, work has been taking up all my time recently.
意思是我把所有时间都花在工作上,没时间做其他事情。
It means that I've been using all my time for work, I haven't had time for other things.
明白了吗?
Okay?
如果某件事占用了你的时间,或者说你的时间被某件事占用了。
So if something takes up your time or if your time is taken up by something.
明白吗?
Okay?
第七个,'对某事物失去兴趣'。
Number seven, to go off something.
对吧?
Right?
我说,希望你没有对我的播客失去兴趣。
I said, I hope you haven't gone off my podcast.
'对某事物失去兴趣'意味着你不再喜欢它了。
To go off something means you stop liking it.
懂了吗?
Okay?
举个例子,比如说...我觉得一个很好的例子可以说明什么是'对某事物失去兴趣'。
For example, you might you know, if you're I think a good example of going off something.
是的。
Yeah.
如果,比如说几年前,你非常迷恋布拉德·皮特,女士们,如果你们在听的话,你们懂的?
If if maybe a few years ago, you really fancy Brad Pitt, like, ladies, if you're listening to this and you you know?
也许十年前,布拉德·皮特还是地球上最性感的男人。
Maybe, ten years ago Brad Pitt was, you know, the sexiest man on earth.
对吧?
Yeah?
但如今我觉得他已经没那么有魅力了。
But these days he's not quite as attractive anymore, I think.
这是我一些女性朋友告诉我的。
That's what some of my my female friends tell me.
我很多女性朋友都说,哦,我已经不喜欢布拉德·皮特了。
A lot of my female friends say, oh, I've gone off Brad Pitt.
我不再喜欢他了。
I don't like him anymore.
对吧?
Right?
这意味着她们已经对他失去兴趣了。
That means that, yeah, they've off him.
就是说她们过去喜欢他,但现在不再那么喜欢了。
It means they just they used to like him, but now they don't really like him anymore.
我已经不喜欢这个了。
I've gone off it.
是吗?
Yeah?
所以我希望你们没有对这个播客失去兴趣。
So I hope you haven't gone off this podcast.
希望你们依然喜欢它。
I hope you still like it.
我猜你们之前也是喜欢这个节目的。
I'm assuming that you you liked it before as well.
对吧?
Right?
总之,我希望你喜欢这个播客。
Anyway, I hope you like the podcast, basically.
希望你没有对它失去兴趣。
I hope you haven't gone off it.
好的。
Right.
第八个表达:坚持等待某物。
Number eight, to hold out for something.
坚持等待某物。
To hold out for something.
如果你坚持等待某物,意味着你在等待它的到来,并且你非常非常想要或需要它。
Now if you if you hold out for something, it means you you're waiting for something to come, and you really, really want it or really, really need it.
明白了吗?
Okay?
举个例子,我一直在期待——比如如果你是某个电视节目的忠实粉丝,正在等待该节目的下一季播出,明白吗?
So for example, I've been holding out for you know, if you if you're a big fan of a particular TV program and you're waiting for the next season of that program to come on television, You know?
你一直守在电视机前等待节目开播。
You've been waiting by the television waiting for it to come on.
你可以说,我一直在等待《火线》的下一季播出。
You could say, I've been holding out for the next series of The Wire, for example.
或者,希望你们一直在等待Luke英语播客的新一期节目。
Or, hopefully, you have been waiting for the next episode of Luke's English podcast.
对吧?
Right?
如果你一直在等待最新一期播客,那可能意味着你一直守在电脑前,每天刷新网页,每隔五分钟就查看一次iPhone。
If you've been holding out for the latest podcast, then it might mean that you've been, you know, waiting by the computer, checking the Internet every day, checking checking your iPhone every five minutes.
他上传新节目了吗?
Has he uploaded a new one yet?
新一期播客什么时候发布?
When's the new podcast coming out?
你知道的,给朋友们发邮件。
You know, emailing your friends.
卢克的英语播客有什么新消息吗?
Any news on Luke's English podcast?
我等不及想听下一期了。
I can't wait for the next one.
我真的翘首以盼。
I'm really holding out for it.
对吧。
Right.
当然,这是个非常现实的场景。
Very realistic situation there, of course.
对某事物翘首以待。
To hold out for something.
第九个短语是‘坚持住’。
Now, number nine was to hold on.
对吧?
Right?
我说了稍等一下,我很快就会上传新内容。
I said just hold on, and I'll upload a new one soon.
‘Hold on’就是等待的意思。
To hold on just means wait.
对吧?
Right?
所以它不像‘hold out for something’那么强烈。
So not quite as strong as to hold out for something.
‘Hold on’就是等待的意思。
Hold on just means wait.
比如说,当你打电话时,你知道的,铃铃铃响着。
So for example, if you, you know, if you make a telephone call that, you know, ring ring ring.
喂?
Hello?
是的。
Yeah.
你好。
Hello.
请问我能和约翰通话吗?
Can I speak to John, please?
好的。
Yeah.
当然。
Sure.
稍等。
Hold on.
我这就去看看他在不在。
I'll just check if he's here.
对吧?
Right?
所以'hold on'就是'等一下'的意思。
So hold on just means wait.
好的。
Okay.
第十条。
Number 10.
这个稍微有点粗鲁,'to be pissed off'(非常生气)。
And this is a slightly rude one, to be pissed off.
'To be pissed off'。
To be pissed off.
在美国他们说'to be pissed',但在英式英语中我们说'to be pissed off'。
In America, they say to be pissed, but in English, we in British English, we say to be pissed off.
这是个稍微有点粗鲁的表达。
And that's a slightly rude expression.
明白了吗?
Okay?
这有点像是脏话,所以用的时候要小心。
It's kind of a swear word, so just be careful with that.
这有点粗鲁。
It's a bit rude.
如果你说'pissed off',意思是你生气了、烦了或者被惹恼了。
If you're pissed off, it means you're angry or annoyed or irritated.
明白了吗?
Okay?
你可能会说,知道吗?
So you might say, you know what?
我已经等了12天,就等着Luke的英语播客更新下一期,结果到现在还没上传。
I've been waiting for twelve days for the next episode of Luke's English podcast, and it still hasn't been uploaded.
你知道吗?
And you know what?
我现在真的很恼火,因为我太喜欢Luke的英语播客了。
I'm just really pissed off now because I really love Luke's English podcast.
说实话,我需要卢克的英语播客。
And, you know, to be honest, I need Luke's English podcast.
如果他每周不上传一期,我就会生气,因为我已经订阅了他的播客。
And if he doesn't upload one every week, then, you know, it just makes me angry because, you know, I've subscribed to his podcast.
我甚至给他发了邮件。
I've even sent him an email.
他知道我在听,但他已经十二天没更新了。
He knows that I'm listening, but he hasn't uploaded one for, like, twelve days.
这真的让我很恼火,比如说。
It just really pisses me off, for example.
明白吗?
Okay?
我希望你没有生气。
I I hope that you're not pissed off.
我估计你没有。
I expect that you're not.
我不认为如果我不上传播客人们会生气,但谁知道呢?
I don't think people will get pissed off if I don't upload a podcast, but who knows?
也许世界上真的有人因为我没更新而非常生气。
Maybe maybe there are people out there in the world just really angry because I haven't uploaded a new one.
实际上,我希望如此。
Actually, I hope so.
我希望当我不上传播客时人们会生气。
I hope that people get angry when I don't upload a podcast.
这可能意味着他们真的很喜欢它。
It probably means that they really like it.
对吧?
Yeah?
如果你因为我最近没发布播客而生气,给我发封邮件。
If you are angry that I haven't posted a podcast recently, send me an email.
就在这里告诉我你的感受吧。
Just let me know here how you feel.
好吗?
Okay?
因为这让我们来到第11点:压抑你的情感。
Because that brings us to number 11, which is to bottle up your feelings.
压抑你的情感。
Bottle up your feelings.
不要压抑你的情感。
Don't bottle up your feelings.
如果你压抑情感,意味着你把情绪藏在心里。
If you bottle up your feelings, it means you keep your feelings inside.
所以你不告诉别人你的感受。
So you don't tell people how you feel.
你不表达你的情绪。
You don't express your emotions.
你不说出你的感受。
You don't say your feelings.
对吧?
Right?
相反,你把它们藏在心里,有点秘密的感觉。
Instead, you keep them inside kind of secret.
你不告诉别人。
You don't tell people.
举个例子,如果你对某事非常生气,你不会告诉所有人。
So for example, if you're very angry about something, you don't tell everyone.
你把情绪憋在心里,就像装进一个瓶子里。
You keep it inside like it's in a bottle inside you.
对吧?
Yeah?
所以憋住情绪就是压抑自己。
So to keep it to to bottle something up.
举个例子,如果你因为我最近没更新播客而非常生气,你可能不会选择告诉朋友和家人。
So for example, if you're really angry that I haven't uploaded a podcast recently, you know, you might not choose to tell your friends and family.
相反,把情绪压抑在心里。
Instead, keep it bottled up inside.
最终会发生的是,你会变得非常紧张、愤怒和焦虑,因为内心积压了太多怒火,最终会爆发。
And what happens is eventually, you get really stressed and you get really angry and nervous because you've got all this anger inside, and eventually you explode.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以不要压抑自己的情绪。
So don't keep your feelings bottled up.
不要把情绪憋在心里,因为这对你不好。
Don't bottle your feelings up inside because it's bad for you.
这会让你压力很大。
It makes you stressed.
懂了吗?
Okay?
第十二条,最后但同样重要的一条,第十二条:让某人高兴起来。
Number 12, last but not least, number 12, to cheer someone up.
这是个相当常见的表达。
And that's quite a common one.
你之前应该听过。
You've heard that before.
如果你cheer someone up,意思是你让他们开心起来。
If you cheer someone up, it means you make them happy.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以基本上,如果你喜欢这个播客并给我发邮件,那真的会让我很开心。
So, basically, if you if you like the podcast and you send me an email, that will really cheer me up.
懂了吗?
Okay?
就这样。
So that's it.
以上就是今天12个实用的短语动词,也是本期短播客的结尾。
That's the 12 useful phrasal verbs for today, and that's the end of this short podcast.
希望你们没有因为我最近没上传内容而生气。
I hope you're not pissed off with me for not uploading one recently.
别忘了给我发邮件。
Don't forget to email me.
别把情绪憋在心里。
Don't bottle up your feelings.
给我发邮件,地址是luketeacher@hotmail.com。
Email me, luketeacher@hotmail.com.
如果你给我发邮件,真的会让我很开心。
And if you if you send me an email, you'll really cheer me up.
好吗?
Okay?
所以请给我发封邮件吧。
So send me an email, please.
随便告诉我些什么都行。
Just tell me something.
让我知道还有人在关注着我。
Just let me know that there's someone out there.
好吗?
Okay?
太好了。
Great.
就这样吧。
That's it.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听Luke的英语播客。
For listening to Luke's English podcast.
别忘了你可以访问teacherluke.podomatic.com下载并收听所有往期节目。
Don't forget you can download and listen to all the old episodes by going to teacherluke.podomatic.com.
如果你喜欢本期Luke的英语播客,可以考虑订阅Luke的英语播客高级版。
If you enjoyed this episode of Luke's English podcast, consider signing up for Luke's English podcast premium.
你将定期收到包含故事、词汇、语法和发音教学的高级节目,以及一如既往的幽默与乐趣。
You'll get regular premium episodes with stories, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation teaching from me, and the usual moments of humor and fun.
此外,你的订阅将直接支持我的工作,使整个播客项目得以持续。
Plus, with your subscription, you will be directly supporting my work and making this whole podcast project possible.
欲了解更多关于Luke英语播客高级版的信息,请访问teacherluke.co.uk/premiuminfo。
For more information about Luke's English podcast premium, go to teacherluke.co.uk/premiuminfo.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。