本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你正在收听卢克的英语播客。
You're listening to Luke's English podcast.
如需更多信息,请访问 teacherluke.podomatic.com。
For more information, visit teacherluke.podomatic.com.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
欢迎回到卢克的英语播客。
Welcome back to Luke's English podcast.
这只是一个简短的播客。
This is just a quick podcast.
我仍在谈论天气,因为关于天气有太多可聊的内容。
I'm still on the subject of weather because there's so much to talk about when it comes to the weather.
我希望你们喜欢我之前做的那一期,那是关于英国多变的天气以及它如何时刻变化的。
I hope you enjoyed the last one I did, which was about the crazy British weather and how it changes all the time.
是的。
Yeah.
希望你喜欢刚才那段。
Hope you enjoyed that.
我们来看一下。
Let's see.
所以在本集播客中,我要播放一段我与一位有时一起踢足球的男士的采访。
So this in this podcast, I'm gonna play you an interview which I did with a guy who I play football with sometimes.
现在,在我工作的学校,每周三下午我们很幸运能有整个下午的空闲时间。
Now at the school where I work, on Wednesday afternoons, we're lucky enough to have to the to have the afternoon free.
所以我们中午12点45分就上完课了,下午所有人都有空。
So we we we finish our lessons at 12:45, and then everyone's free in the afternoons.
大多数老师会利用这段时间备课,处理他们必须做的行政工作。
Most of the teachers spend that time preparing their lessons, doing all the administrative work that they have to do.
而学生们呢,他们只是在下午自由安排,做各种愉快、放松又有趣的事情,我相信是这样的。
And the students, well, they just they just spend the afternoon at their leisure doing all kinds of lovely, relaxing, and interesting things, I'm sure.
但我们中的一些人会去学校拐角处的当地公园踢足球。
But some of us go to the local park, which is just around the corner from the school, and we go and play football.
通常会有一些老师和学生一起来踢足球。
And usually, there's a few teachers who play football, and a few of the students come too.
这有点像我们学校的一种传统,每周三下午踢足球。
It's kind of it's like a school tradition that we play football on Wednesday afternoons.
当然,我们周三踢的足球赛常常受天气影响。
Now, of course, the the the games of football that we play on Wednesdays are usually at the mercy of the weather.
如果天气特别好,阳光明媚,那我们就会玩得非常开心。
And, obviously, if it's a really nice day, if the sun's out, then we have a really, really good time.
但有时候,天下雨,我们就会被淋湿。
But sometimes, you know, it rains and we end up getting wet.
但你知道的,这就是英国的生活。
But, you know, that's life in The UK.
你不能指望情况会有什么不同。
You can't expect it to be any different.
所以,就像我说的,有我们学校的老师和学生来踢球,但当我们去公园时,也会遇到一些住在附近的本地年轻人。
So like I said, there's teachers and students from the school who play football, but also when we go to the park, we meet some of the local lads who live nearby.
我想他们也去附近的一所大学。
And I think they go to a college as well in the local area.
我猜他们大概十八九岁,或者二十岁左右。
I reckon they're probably around 18, 19, 20 years old, something like that.
他们就是典型的西伦敦小伙子。
And they're just kind of fairly typical lads from West London.
他们人很好,很友善,我觉得对学生来说,能认识他们是非常有趣的事情。
And they are they're kind of nice friendly people, and it's really interesting, I think, for the students who play football to come and meet them.
这是一个很好的机会,让他们接触母语为英语的人,听他们说话,和他们交流。
It's a, you know, it's a good opportunity for them to meet kind of native speakers of English, listen to them speaking, talk to them.
这是一个真正与人见面并交谈的好机会。
It's a good opportunity to to actually meet and speak to people.
每周通常都会来一个人叫克里斯,我决定采访克里斯,因为他很喜欢说话。
One of the people who is usually there every week is called Chris, and I decided to interview Chris because he he likes to talk.
说实话,他是个话匣子,在足球场上说得很多,有时可能说得太多了。
I'll be honest, he's he's a bit of a talker, and he does quite a lot of talking on the football pitch, possibly a bit too much sometimes.
其他一些小伙子抱怨他话太多,没有专心踢球。
Some of the other lads complain that he talks too much and he's not concentrating on the football.
但他是个好人,你知道的,他非常喜欢踢足球,所以我决定采访他。
But he's a nice guy and, you know, he loves to play football and so I thought I would interview him.
但我采访他的话题却是天气。
But I interviewed him about the weather.
其实,我几个月前就做了这次采访。
Now I did this interview a couple of months ago, actually.
那时候正值盛夏。
And at that time, it was the middle of summer.
我们经历了一天典型的多变天气。
And we, you know, we had a typical day of changeable weather.
如果我没记错,那天挺热的,但云很多,时不时还下点雨。
If I remember, it was quite hot, but there was quite a lot of cloud, and it sort of it was raining occasionally.
所以基本上就是阳光与阵雨交替。
So we had it was basically sunshine and showers.
我们有几缕阳光,一些蓝天的 patches,然后时不时下几阵雨。
We had a few bits of sunshine, some patches of blue sky, and then, you know, a couple of showers every now and then.
所以我决定采访克里斯关于天气的事。
So I decided to interview Chris about the weather.
我的想法是,我只是跟一个典型的英国人聊聊,问问他们对英国天气的看法。
The idea is that I just speak to a typical English person and just ask them about what they think of the British weather.
好吗?
Okay?
所以我要给你们播放这段采访。
So what I'm going to do is play the interview to you.
这次采访分为三个部分。
The interview is in three parts.
好吗?
Okay?
所以我先给你们播放第一部分。
So I'll play the first part to you.
大概只有一分钟长。
Just it's about a minute long.
所以你只需听一下,试着理解,然后我会解释克里斯说的每一个小地方。
So you can just listen to it and try to understand, and then I will explain each little thing that Chris says.
接着我会播放第二部分,然后解释第二部分,再播放第三部分并加以解释。
And then I'll play part two, and then I'll explain part two, and then I'll I'll play part three and explain that.
就是这样。
So that's it.
这个播客就是这么回事。
That's all this podcast is.
这只是和一位母语者的一次简短访谈。
It's just a little interview with a native speaker.
明白吗?
Okay?
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
嘿。
Yo.
什么?
What?
什么?
What?
什么?
What?
好吧。
Alright.
让我告诉你这个功能。
Let me tell you about this feature.
这是一个与母语者的访谈。
It's an interview with a native speaker.
如果你觉得很难,我会提供
And if you find it difficult, I'll give
你一把。
you a hand.
最后,你会完全理解
And then in the end, you'll completely understand
他们说的每一个词。
every single word they said.
不错。
Nice.
哦,对了,克里斯用的第一个词是一个脏话。
Oh, by the way, one of the first words that Chris uses is a swear word.
脏话就是粗鲁的词。
A swear word is a rude word.
显然,人们经常说脏话。
Obviously, people swear a lot.
你知道,人们每天都说脏话。
You know, that people swear every day.
你知道,你可能在英语课上学不到这些脏话,但它们非常常见,尤其是像克里斯这个年纪的人在足球场上。
You know, it's you probably don't learn the swear words in your English lessons, but they are very common, especially kind of people of Chris's age on the football pitch.
我认为在足球场上使用脏话是可以接受的。
I think on a football pitch is a is an acceptable place to use swear words.
所以克里斯确实会说脏话。
So Chris does swear.
他说了那个‘S’开头的词,你马上就会听到。
He says the s word, which you'll hear in a moment.
总之,这是克里斯。
So, anyway, here's Chris.
嗨,克里斯。
Hi, Chris.
嗨。
Hi.
你觉得今天的天气怎么样?
So what do you think of the weather today?
这太糟糕了,毕竟现在是夏天。
It's so shit considering it's summer.
对。
Right.
那么,通常都是这样吗?你觉得呢?
So is it normally like this then, do you think?
在我们国家,天气非常不可预测,因为最近很多时候,本该是冬天的时候我们却迎来了夏天,本该是夏天的时候反而成了冬天。
Well, ending in this country, it's very unpredictable because sometimes actually, most of the time recently, we've been getting summer in our win in summer when we're meant to have winter and winter when we're meant to have summer.
所以,你知道的,你根本没法预测英国的天气。
So, you know, you don't you can't tell about the weather in England.
对。
Right.
好的。
Okay.
那么你平时在
So what do you normally do when
天气就这样吗?
the weather's like this then?
其实,不是这样的。
Actually actually, no.
在你回答这个问题之前,你觉得今天的天气怎么样?
Before you answer that question, how would how would you describe the weather today?
简而言之,非常非常沉闷。
Very, very dull, to put it to it in brief.
好的。
Okay.
好吧。
Alright.
天气这么沉闷的时候,你通常做什么?
And what do you when do the weather's dull like this then?
嗯,我还是会踢点足球,因为没下雨。
Well, I still play a bit of football because there's no rain.
但大多数时候我会做些别的事情。
But most of the time but I do different things.
所以
So
给我举个例子,其中一件别的事情是什么。
Just give me an example of one of those different things.
放松一下。
Relax.
有时候我会踢足球。
Sometimes I play football.
是的。
Yeah.
有时候我会去电影院。
Sometimes I go to cinema.
好的。
Okay.
都是不同的事情。
All different things.
好的。
Alright.
非常感谢你,克里斯。
Well, thanks very much, Chris.
不。
No.
你还有什么想对来自世界各地的我的学生们说的吗?
And do you have anything else to say to my class of students from there from all over the world?
有什么评论吗?
Any any comments?
如果你想学地道的英语,来找我。
If you wanna learn decent English, come to me.
好的。
Okay.
好吧。
Alright.
所以你们是第一个听到这个消息的。
So you heard it here first.
他们到哪里能找到你,克里斯?
Where where can they find you, Chris?
拉德布罗克格罗夫。
Ladbroke Grove.
拉德布罗克格罗夫。
Ladbroke Grove.
好吧。
Okay.
那又怎样?
So what?
他们直接去拉德布罗克格罗夫,然后问克里斯就行?
They just go to Ladbroke Grove and just ask for Chris?
拉德布罗克格罗夫、乐购超市,然后我在那里见他们。
Ladbroke Grove Ladbroke Grove, Sainsbury's, and then I'll meet them there.
好的。
Okay.
非常感谢。
Well, thanks very much.
再见。
Cheers.
好的。
Okay.
这是小克里斯访谈的第一部分。
So that's part one of the little Chris interview.
这是一个简短的访谈,不是‘小克里斯’。
It's a little interview, not not not little Chris.
我的意思是,嗯,实际上,克里斯个子挺小的。
I mean well, I guess, actually, Chris is quite little.
我的意思是,他在足球场上并不是最高的那个人。
I mean, he's he's not the tallest guy on the football pitch.
但当我提到‘小克里斯访谈’时,我不是指和一个身材矮小的克里斯进行的访谈。
But when I said that little Chris interview, I didn't mean an an interview with a little Chris.
我只是想说,这个访谈本身很短,很明显。
I just meant that the the interview was little, obviously.
所以这是第一部分。
So that's part one.
我不知道你听懂了多少,因为克里斯说话确实很快。
And I I wonder how much of that you understood because Chris does speak pretty quickly.
你知道,他说话相当快。
You know, he's he's quite a fast speaker.
所以我要再给你播放一遍访谈的这部分,但我会暂停并解释他具体说了什么。
So what I'm gonna do is just play that part of the interview to you again, but stop it and then explain exactly what he says.
好吗?
Okay?
对。
Right.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
这是第一小段。
Here's the first little bit.
嗨,克里斯。
Hi, Chris.
嗨。
Hi.
你觉得今天的天气怎么样?
So what do you think of the weather today?
这么热的夏天,天气却这么差。
It's so shit considering it's summer.
好的。
Okay.
所以他才说,夏天这么糟糕。
So he said, it's so shit considering it's summer.
shit 是个粗俗的词。
So shit is the rude word.
shit 是个粗俗的词。
So shit is a rude word.
明白吗?
Okay?
别重复它。
Don't repeat it.
别用那个词,因为你只会惹恼所有人。
Don't use don't use that word because you'll just upset everyone.
明白吗?
Okay?
对。
Right.
所以如果你用了这个词惹上麻烦,别怪我。
So if you use that word and you get into trouble, don't blame me.
明白吗?
Okay?
这不关我的事。
It's not my fault.
我提前警告过你了。
I warned you in advance.
别用‘shit’这个词。
Don't use the word shit.
这是一个非常粗鲁的词。
It's a very rude word.
好吧?
Alright?
你可能会在电影里听到这个词,但别用。
You might hear it in movies and stuff, but don't use it.
当英语学习者使用脏话时,听起来总有些不对劲。
It always sounds somehow wrong when learners of English use swear words.
我知道学习者常常试图用英语说脏话,因为他们想听起来更自然,但说脏话其实很难掌握得恰到好处。
I know that often learners try to swear in English because, you know, they want to sound natural, but swearing is kind of a a difficult thing to do right.
我认为如果你正在学习这门语言,说脏话听起来就是不对的。
And I think if you're learning the language, it just doesn't sound right.
如果你说脏话,听起来会很别扭。
It doesn't sound good if you swear.
所以我的建议是,你应该避免使用脏话。
So my recommendation is that you should avoid swear words.
但你知道,理解这些脏话仍然有帮助,因为人们确实经常使用它们。
But, you know, it still helps to understand them because people do use them quite a lot.
对吧?
Right?
总之,克里斯说的是,考虑到现在是夏天,这真是太糟了。
So, anyway, what Chris said was, it's so shit considering it's summer.
所以,基本上,'shit' 意思是糟糕、差劲、可怕、极坏。
So basically, shit means bad rub bad, awful, terrible.
明白吗?
Okay?
考虑到现在是夏天,这真是太糟糕了。
It's so shit considering it's summer.
所以,他基本上是说,既然是夏天,情况本该比这好得多。
So basically, he's saying that it should be better than this because it's summer.
天气应该好得多。
The weather should be much better.
考虑到现在是夏天。
So considering it's summer.
所以,考虑到……
So considering.
想到现在是夏天,你就觉得,这天气真的太差了。
So thinking about the fact that it's summer makes you think, actually, this weather is really bad.
好吧?
Okay?
对。
Right.
好的。
Okay.
接下来是这一部分。
Here's the next bit.
对。
Right.
那么,你认为平时都是这样吗?
So is it normally like this then, do think?
在这个国家,天气非常不可预测,因为最近大多数时候,本该是冬天的时候我们却迎来了夏天,本该是夏天的时候反而成了冬天。
Well, in in in this country, it's very unpredictable because sometimes actually, most of time recently, we've been getting summer in our win in summer when we were meant to have winter and winter when we're meant to have summer.
好的。
Okay.
所以他说明天是不可预测的。
So he said it's unpredictable.
不可预测。
Unpredictable.
这意味着你不知道接下来会发生什么。
That means that you don't know what's going to happen next.
你不知道接下来是会下雨还是会出太阳。
You don't know if it's going to rain next or if the sun's going to come out next.
你无法预测接下来会发生什么。
You can't predict what is going to happen.
这是不可预测的。
It's unpredictable.
所以我们不仅仅用‘不可预测’这个词来谈论天气。
So we don't just use the word unpredictable to talk about weather.
你可以说任何事情都是不可预测的。
You can say anything is unpredictable.
你知道,你可以说一个人是不可预测的。
You you know, you can say a person is unpredictable.
如果你遇到一个有点疯狂的人,你可以说他太不可预测了。
If you meet a kind of crazy person, you can say, he's so unpredictable.
我根本不知道他下一步会做什么。
I just don't know what he's going to do next.
明白吗?
Okay?
对吧。
Right.
所以是不可预测的。
So unpredictable.
然后他说,本该是夏天的时候我们却经历了冬天,本该是冬天的时候我们却经历了夏天。
Then he says that we've been having winter when we are supposed to have summer and summer when we are supposed to have winter.
所以我认为,克里斯真正想说的是,最近我们的夏天一直很冷,冬天却很热。
So I think, really, what Chris is trying to say is that our summers have been cold recently and our winters have been hot.
嗯,这在某种程度上是对的,但他真正想说的是,夏天的气温没有预期的那么热。
Well, it's kind of true, but what he's saying really is that the the summers are not as hot as they should be.
最近几年夏天的天气比以往要凉爽一些,而且在本该炎热干燥的时候,我们却经历了更多的降雨和寒冷天气。
The the weather recently in the summer has been a bit colder than in previous years, and that we've had a lot more kind of rain and cold weather when we should be having hot weather and dry weather.
然后他说,我们在本该过冬天的时候却经历了夏天。
And then he says that, we've been having summer when we are supposed to have winter.
这是因为近年来我们的冬天比过去暖和多了。
And that's because our winters these days or recently have been a lot warmer than in the past.
所以,我的意思是,冬天里当然不会真的像夏天,但我知道他想表达的意思。
So, I mean, it it it's certainly not like summer in the winter, but I know what he's trying to say.
他想说的是,现在这个时代很奇怪,因为我们的夏天比平常凉爽,而冬天却比平常温暖。
He's trying to say that, you know, it's very it's a strange time because our summers are kind of colder than normal, and our winters seem to be warmer than than normal.
明白吗?
Okay?
接下来是这一部分。
Here's the next bit.
所以啊,你根本猜不透英格兰的天气。
So, you know, you don't you can't tell about the weather in England.
对。
Right.
好吧。
Okay.
你根本猜不透英格兰的天气。
You can't tell about the weather in England.
我们用‘猜不透’这个词来表示‘看看情况如何’。
Well, we use the word tell to say let's see.
‘猜不透’是什么意思?
What does tell mean?
你猜不透。
You can't tell.
意思是无法识别或判断某事。
It means you can't recognize or identify something.
所以你无法预测天气。
So you can't tell about the weather.
这就像说,要准确判断天气会是什么样子非常困难。
It's like saying you you you it's very difficult to identify what the weather will be like.
是吗?
Yeah?
所以我们用‘tell’这个词来表示识别某事物。
So we kinda we use the word tell to mean identify something.
比如,如果我给你看一张某人的模糊照片,然后问:‘这是谁?’
So for example, if you if if I show you like a a bad photograph of someone and I say, who's that?
而你根本看不清脸,所以无法认出这个人。
And you can't really see the face clearly, so you can't identify the person.
你可以说:‘我实在看不出来,因为照片太差了。’
You could say, well, I can't really tell because it's such a bad photo.
我认不出这是谁。
I can't tell who it is.
克里斯说,你真的无法预测天气。
Chris said, you can't really tell about the weather.
所以他只是想说,因为天气不可预测,你无法准确判断会是什么天气。
So he just means you can't really identify what the weather will be like because it's unpredictable.
对吧?
Right?
好的。
Okay.
接下来是这一部分。
Here's the next bit.
那么,天气这样时你通常会做什么?
So, what do you normally do when
天气像这样时呢?
the weather's like this then?
其实,不是这样的。
Actually actually, no.
在你回答这个问题之前,你会怎么描述今天的天气?
Before you answer that question, how would how would you describe the weather today?
简而言之,非常枯燥。
Very, very dull, to put it to it in brief.
所以他说天气非常枯燥。
So he said the the weather's very dull.
如果你听过之前的播客,听众们就知道这是什么意思了。
And just if you listen to the previous podcast, you'll know what that means, listeners.
对吧?
Right?
枯燥意味着有点压抑、灰暗、多云、阴沉。
Dull means kind of depressing, gray, cloudy, overcast.
对吧?
Right?
所以他说,简而言之,天气非常枯燥。
So he said it's very dull to put it in brief.
所以如果你用简要的方式表达,意思就是用几个词或以简单的方式来说某事。
So if you put something in brief, it means you you say something in a few words or to say something in a simple way.
比如,你可能会说,简单来说,或者简而言之,或者简短地说。
Like, just you might say, to to put it simply or to put it briefly or to say it briefly.
对吧?
Right?
他说‘简而言之’。
He said to put it in brief.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以他只是想用简单的方式表达某事。
So he just means to say something in a simple way.
对吧?
Right?
接下来是这一部分。
Here's the next bit.
不。
No.
你还有什么想对来自世界各地的我的学生们说的吗?
And do you have anything else to say to my class of students from there from all over the world?
有什么评论吗?
Any any comments?
如果你想学像样的英语,来找我。
If you wanna learn decent English, come to me.
如果你想学像样的英语,来找我。
If you want to learn decent English, come to me.
像样的英语就是优质的英语、标准的英语、像样的英语。
Decent English just means good quality English, proper English, decent English.
我想克里斯可能是在暗示,他比我教得更好。
I think what Chris might be suggesting there is that he's a better teacher than me.
这相当大胆,不是吗?
That's quite that's quite cheeky, isn't it?
尤其是他根本没有资格,也完全没有经验。
Especially since he's not qualified and he's got absolutely no experience.
总之,他说,如果你想学地道的英语,就来找我。
Anyway, he said, if you want decent English, come to me.
对。
Right.
好的。
Okay.
让我们听听他接下来说了什么。
Let's hear what he said next.
好的。
Okay.
好吧。
Alright.
所以你是第一个听到这个消息的。
So you heard it here first.
克里斯,他们到哪里能找到你?
Where where can they find you, Chris?
拉德布鲁克巷。
Ladbrooke Grove.
拉德布鲁克巷。
Ladbrooke Grove.
好的。
Okay.
那又怎样?
So what?
他们直接去拉德布鲁克巷,然后问克里斯就行?
They just go to Ladbrooke Grove and just ask for Chris?
拉德布鲁克,拉德布鲁克是地点,我会在那里见他们。
Ladbrooke Ladbrooke stays the reason, and I'll meet them there.
拉德布鲁克巷只是伦敦西北部的一个区域。
Ladbrooke Grove is just a a part of Northwest London.
它离诺丁山非常近。
It's it's very close to Notting Hill.
实际上,诺丁山狂欢节就在这里举行。
It's where the Notting Hill Carnival happens, actually.
所以克里斯来自拉德布鲁克巷。
So Chris comes from Ladbrooke Grove.
所以,你知道,我问他,他们在哪里能找到你?
So, you know, I said to him, where can they find you?
他说,拉德布鲁克巷,对吧?
And he said, Ladbrooke Grove, Right?
但这并不是一个很具体的说法。
Which is not a very specific thing to say.
但不管怎样,他住在拉德布鲁克巷。
But, anyway, he lives in Ladbrooke Ladbrooke Grove.
然后他说拉德布鲁克巷的桑斯伯里超市。
And then he says Sainsbury's in Ladbrooke Grove.
森斯伯里是一家超市。
Sainsbury's is a supermarket.
所以这么说其实挺搞笑的,你知道的。
So it's kind of funny thing to say really, know.
直接去拉德布罗克巷的森斯伯里超市,问一下克里斯,我会在那里跟你碰面。
Just come to Sainsbury's in Ladbrooke Grove and ask for Chris and I'll meet you there.
对我来说,这听起来不像上英语课的理想地点,但我懂什么呢?
Doesn't sound like the perfect place to have an English lesson to me, but what do I know?
Anyway,现在我想播放我们采访的第二部分,因为当我采访完他后,克里斯突然决定还有些别的事要说,一些他认为对收听这个播客的世界公民们非常重要的事情。
Anyway, now I'd like to play you the second little part of our interview because once I'd finished interviewing him, Chris suddenly decided that he had something else to say, something very important that he wanted to say to the citizens of the world who are listening to this podcast.
现在克里斯的观点开始显现了。
This is where Chris's opinion starts to come through now.
明白吗?
Okay?
好的。
Right.
那我们来听一下采访的第二部分。
So let's hear that second part of the interview.
克里斯意识到他确实有一些有趣的话要说。
Chris has realized that he he does have something interesting to say.
所以你还有额外的话想告诉大家吗?
So you got something extra to tell everyone?
是的。
Yeah.
就关于天气的事。
Just about the weather.
我觉得人们在这里对天气抱怨太多了,尤其是外国人。
I think that people complain too much about the weather over here, especially especially foreigners.
问题是,问题在于,像西班牙和澳大利亚这样的其他国家,它们到处都是沙子,因为那里不下雨。
Problem is the problem is, yeah, that in all the other countries like Spain and Australia, they they are full of sand because they don't get any rain.
所以英格兰才显得这么美,因为英格兰有雨。
That's why in England, they get this the England looks so nice.
它绿意盎然,根本不像沙漠。
It's got loads of green, and it's it's it doesn't look like a desert, basically.
好吧。
Okay.
因为我们这里有一定的热量和适量的雨水,让植物生长,同时热量也能让水分稍微蒸发掉。
Because we get we get a certain amount of heat and a certain amount of rain to for the for the plants to grow and for the heat to dry down a bit.
好吧。
Okay.
所以你是说所有外国都像沙漠吗?
So are are you saying that foreign all foreign countries are like deserts?
大多数。
Most
它们都是。
of them.
是的。
Yes.
有些国家不是大多数,但像西班牙、阿拉伯国家、中国和印度这些炎热的国家,它们基本上到处都是沙子,因为它们根本不懂什么是下雨。
Some not most of them, but, like, the hot countries like Spain and and Arab countries and China and India, they're all they're all basically full of sand because they don't know what rain means.
这对植物也不好。
And that's not good for and that's not good for the plants.
对它们来说也不好,因为你知道,他们根本没法踢足球,因为太热了。
And that's not good for them either because because, you know, they can't ever play football because it's too
热。
hot.
好吧。
Okay.
克里斯,你是认真的还是在开玩笑?
Are you serious or are you joking, Chris?
你知道的。
You know?
我是认真的,但带着点开玩笑的意思。
I'm I'm I'm serious, but in a jokey way.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
所以我们开始更多地了解克里斯对世界其他地方的看法,以及他自以为知道的东西。
So we're starting to learn a few more things about Chris's opinions about what he thinks he knows about the rest of the world.
顺便说一句,如果你来自西班牙、澳大利亚或中国,而克里斯对你国家的描述是满地黄沙,我向你道歉。
I do apologize, by the way, if you're from either Spain or Australia or China, and Chris has made some sort of broad generalization about your country being just full of sand.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我认为克里斯可能没去过中国,我敢肯定他没去过中国。
So I think perhaps Chris hasn't been to I'm sure he hasn't been to China.
我猜他也没去过澳大利亚。
I expect he hasn't been to Australia.
他可能去过西班牙。
He might have been to Spain.
展开剩余字幕(还有 447 条)
但无论如何,他似乎认为这些国家大多都是满地黄沙,没有任何绿色植物之类的东西。
But, anyway, he seems to think that, most of these countries are just full of sand and that they don't have any green plants or anything like that.
它们就是一片片全是沙子的沙漠。
They're just deserts full of sand.
好了,让我们来听听他说的一些话。
Anyway, let let's let's listen to, some of the things that he said.
我意识到,我在这里对克里斯的态度有点居高临下。
I realized that I'm, you know, I'm being quite patronizing about Chris here.
但说实话,我觉得他不会介意,因为当我们一起踢足球时,我们在球场上经常会互相开玩笑。
But to be honest, I don't think he would mind because when we play football together, you know, we we do sort of make fun of each other when we're on the football field.
所以,如果我只是在这里稍微调侃他一下,我想他应该不会介意。
So I don't think he'll mind really if if I kind of just make fun of him a little bit here.
他不会介意的。
He won't mind.
我肯定他不会介意。
I'm I'm sure he won't mind.
总之,我们来快速听一听他说的几句话,以确保你们完全理解。
Anyway, let's have a little quick listen to a couple of the things that he said just to make sure that you definitely understand them.
这是第一部分。
So here's the first little part.
克里斯意识到他确实有一些有趣的话要说。
Chris has realized that he he does have something interesting to say.
所以你有什么额外的要告诉大家吗?
So you got something extra to tell everyone?
是的。
Yeah.
就关于天气的事。
Just about the weather.
我觉得这里的人,尤其是外国人,对天气抱怨得太多了。
I think that people complain too much about the weather over here, especially especially foreigners.
好的。
Okay.
所以人们在这里对天气抱怨太多,尤其是外国人。
So people complain too much about the weather over here, especially foreigners.
这话说得有点争议,但他意思是,他认为外国人对英国天气的抱怨太多了。
And that's a slightly controversial thing to say, but what he's saying is that he thinks foreign people complain about British weather too much.
他其实可能有点道理,因为在我工作中遇到的很多外国人,确实对英国天气没什么好话。
He might have a point, actually, because, you know, a lot of the foreign people that I meet in my job, you know, they don't have many nice things to say about the British weather.
但你知道,英国的天气有时候确实有点烦人、让人沮丧。
But, you know, British weather is, you know, a little bit annoying and depressing sometimes.
不过,克里斯认为外国人对此抱怨太多,其实不该这样,原因如下。
But anyway, Chris thinks that foreign people complain about it too much and that they shouldn't, and here's why.
问题是,问题在于,像西班牙和澳大利亚这样的其他国家,到处都是沙子,因为它们根本不下雨。
Problem is the problem is, yeah, that in all the other countries like Spain and Australia, they they are full of sand because they don't get any rain.
好吧。
Okay.
所以像西班牙和澳大利亚这样的其他国家,不知为何,到处都是沙子,因为它们根本不下雨。
So all of the other countries like Spain and Australia, for some reason, are just full of sand because they don't get any rain.
我不确定这是否是澳大利亚或西班牙等地沙子更多的原因?
I'm not sure if that's the reason why there is more sand in places like Australia or Spain?
我也不确定那里沙子真的更多。
And I'm not sure that there is more sand.
我认为克里斯真正想说的是,英国的地质特征与西班牙和澳大利亚不同,也许这是因为英国降雨更多。
I think what is but, basically, I think what Chris is trying to say is that the geological characteristics of Britain are different to Spain and Australia, and that maybe this is because Britain has more rain.
我们的气候更湿润,因此地面的颜色也略有不同。
Our climate is wetter, and so we have a slightly different sort of color to the ground.
你知道,英国这里的土地是深色的。
You know, the ground here in The UK is a kind of dark color.
泥土是深色的,而且我们到处都有茂密的植被。
The mud is is dark, and we have lots and lots of greenery everywhere.
也许克里斯认为,西班牙和澳大利亚没有像我们这样肥沃的深色土壤。
And maybe Chris thinks that in Spain and Australia, that they're they don't have rich dark earth like we have.
他们有的是沙子。
They have sand.
我不认为这是真的。
I don't think it's true.
我去过西班牙和澳大利亚,那里并不是到处都是沙子。
I've been to Spain and Australia, and it's not just sand everywhere.
但不管怎样,这就是克里斯的想法。
But, anyway, that that's what Chris thinks.
好吧,可以理解。
So fair enough.
这就是为什么英格兰看起来这么漂亮的原因。
That's why in England, they get this the England looks so nice.
那里有大量的绿色植被。
It's got loads of green.
英格兰看起来真漂亮。
England looks so nice.
那里有大量的绿色植被。
It's got loads of green.
对吧?
Right?
好的。
Okay.
有趣的是,单词'nice'的发音是一种伦敦口音。
It's quite interesting that the pronunciation of the word nice, it's a sort of a London pronunciation.
这只是伦敦那种俚语式的说'nice'的方式。
It's just that sort of slang London way of saying nice.
不是'nice',而是'nice'。
It's not nice, but nice.
Nice。
Nice.
所以,你知道的,伦敦就像绿色又nice。
So, like, you know, London's like green and nice.
对吧?
Right?
而我没有什么强烈的口音,所以我只是说 'nice'。
Whereas, I don't have a very strong accent, so I just say nice.
但克里斯说 'nice',这和克里斯这个年龄段的许多伦敦人说话方式非常相似。
But Chris says nice, which is really similar to, like, how a lot of people of Chris's age speak in in London.
总之,接下来是这一部分。
Anyway, here's the next bit.
因为它根本不像沙漠,好吧。
And it's it's it doesn't look like a desert basically Okay.
因为我们获得了一定的热量和一定的降雨量,让植物能够生长。
Because we get we get a certain amount of heat and a certain amount of rain to for the for the plants to grow.
它看起来不像沙漠,因为我们获得了一定的热量和一定的降雨量,让植物能够生长。
It it doesn't look like a desert because we get a certain amount of heat and a certain amount of rain for the plants to grow.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
嗯。
Yeah.
英国看起来不像沙漠,但我不确定。
Britain doesn't look like a desert, but I don't know.
西班牙看起来像沙漠吗?
Does Spain look like a desert?
我猜西班牙有些地方的土壤颜色要浅得多。
I guess there are parts of Spain where the the the color of the earth is much lighter.
我猜西班牙的土壤质量与英国的不同。
And I guess that the the quality of the earth is different in Spain to to in The UK.
澳大利亚当然更是如此,因为那里阳光充足、气温高,全国许多地区都是沙漠,尤其是中部地区。
And certainly in Australia because they have so much sun and so much heat, there are large parts of the country which are like deserts, especially in the middle of Australia.
那里无法居住,因为那是一片广袤的沙漠。
You can't live there because it's just a big desert.
所以我不确定。
So I don't know.
也许克里斯说得对,我们确实会经历各种不同的天气,这使得大量的绿色植物和树木到处生长。
Maybe Chris is right, you know, with the we do get sort of a range of different types of weather, which means that the that we get lots of green plants and trees growing everywhere.
当然,英国是一个非常绿意盎然的岛屿。
Certainly, Britain is a very green island.
我认为这是它的一个优点。
It's that's one of the nice things about it, I think.
让热度稍微降下来一点。
And for the heat to dry down a bit.
好的。
Okay.
所以你是说所有外国国家都像沙漠吗?
So are are you saying that foreign all foreign countries are like deserts?
四五个?
Four or five?
大多数都是。
Most of them.
不是大多数,但像西班牙、阿拉伯国家、中国和印度这样的炎热国家,基本上都是沙子遍地,因为他们根本不懂什么叫下雨。
Some not most of them, but, like, the hot countries like Spain and and and Arab countries and China and India, they're all they're all basically full of sand because they don't know what rain means.
好吧。
Okay.
我不太同意这个说法。
I'm not sure I agree with that one.
他说大多数国家都像沙漠,但接着他又说不是。
He said that all most countries are like deserts, but then he said, no.
不是大多数国家,这倒也没错。
Not most countries, which is fair enough.
那不是他的本意。
That's not what he meant.
他的意思是,像中国、印度和澳大利亚这样的很多国家到处都是沙子,因为它们根本不懂什么叫下雨。
He meant that a lot of countries like China and India and Australia are just full of sand because they don't know what rain means.
现在我不确定了。
Now I don't know.
我喜欢这个观点,但其实并不赞同。
I like that, but I don't agree with it really.
我认为其他国家的人是知道什么是雨的。
I I think that that people in other countries do know what rain means.
但不管怎样,我想他想表达的是,这些地方的降雨量没有我们这里多,所以土地状况不同。
But anyway, that what I I guess what he's trying to say is that they just they don't have as much rain as we do, and so the earth is different.
对吧?
Right?
土地的颜色,地里的水分没那么多,尤其是在印度的大部分地区。
The color of the earth, there there's not so much moisture in the ground, particularly in large parts of India.
它们比英国干燥得多,但他做了过于笼统的概括。
They're a lot drier than in The UK, but he he is making generalizations.
我的意思是,中国和印度都是如此庞大的国家,你不能简单地说中国全是沙子,大部分是沙漠,因为这并不真实。
I mean, China and India are such big countries that you can't really say that just China is just full of sand and that most of it's a desert because it's not true.
我认为中国降雨量其实不少,印度也有很多绿色植被。
I think I mean, there's that you get plenty of rain in China, plenty of greenery in India.
总之,我不该过多取笑克里斯,这不公平,对吧?
Anyway anyway, I shouldn't be not you know, I shouldn't make fun of Chris too much because it's not fair, is it?
如果我这么做,有点刻薄。
It's kind of nasty if I do that.
嗯。
Yeah.
所以,总之,这还挺有趣的。
So, anyway, it's kind of funny.
克里斯是个有趣的人。
Chris is a funny guy.
和他一起踢足球很有趣,因为他总说些有趣的话。
He's fun to play football with because he says loads of funny things.
大家有时都会因为他的话笑起来,但其实只是在逗他玩而已。
Everyone sort of laughs at what he says sometimes, but they're just, you know, pulling his leg, really.
好了,我们来听下一段吧。
Anyway, let's hear the next bit.
这对植物也不好。
And that's not good for and that's not good for the plants.
这对它们也不好,因为天气太热了,它们根本没法踢足球。
And that's not good for them either because because, you know, they can't ever play football because it's too hot.
好吧。
Okay.
所以这些国家的人因为太热而永远没法踢足球。
So the people in these countries can never play football because it's too hot.
我不认为这是真的。
Well, I don't think that's true.
我的意思是,显然世界杯就证明了世界各地的人都能踢足球。
I think that I mean, obviously, the World Cup is evidence of the fact that people around the world can play football.
你看巴西就知道了。
You know, I mean, just look at Brazil.
巴西是个非常炎热的地方,但他们的足球水平却是世界第一。
Brazil's a very hot place, but they're the best footballers in the world.
嗯。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
你是认真的,还是在开玩笑,克里斯?
Are you serious, or are you joking, Chris?
你知道的。
You know?
我是认真的,但带着开玩笑的语气。
I'm I'm I'm serious, but in a jokey way.
好的。
Okay.
所以他是在开玩笑中带着认真。
So he's being serious in a jokey way.
我不太明白那是什么意思。
So don't know quite what that means.
我认为他的意思是,他真的相信自己所说的话,但只是以一种幽默的方式表达出来。
I think he means that he what he really believes what he says, but he's just doing it in a sort of humorous way.
这实际上是一种典型的英式说话方式。
It's a typically English way to speak, actually.
就像你其实很认真,但说话的方式却有点幽默。
Like you you're being serious, but the the way you speak is kind of humorous.
讽刺。
Ironic.
类似这样的东西。
Something like that.
不管怎样,这跟英国人的幽默感有关。
Anyway, it's it's something to do with the English sense of humor.
好吧。
Okay.
我意识到我一直在评论克里斯和他所说的话,却没有给他机会回应这些。
I realized that I'm kind of making comments about Chris and the things that he said, and I'm not giving him a chance to reply to the to this.
所以这不公平。
So it's not fair.
但我还是会继续这么做。
I'm gonna keep doing it anyway.
希望当我解释他的一些话时,你能更好地理解。
And hopefully, you're understanding a bit more when I explain some of the things that he said.
我得把这段录音放给克里斯听,给他机会回应我所说的话,这样他可以改变看法,或者说出不同的想法。
What I will have to do is play this to Chris and then give him the opportunity to respond to to to the things that I've said so that he can change his opinion or say something different if he wants to.
所以下次见到他时,我会告诉他这件事,并让他听一下。
So next time I meet him, I'll I'll tell him about this and ask him to listen to it.
Anyway,他还说了别的事情。
Anyway, he did say, something else.
他还有第三点说法,我想现在放给你听。
There was a third, thing that he said, so I'd like to play that for you now.
给你听。
Here you go.
哦,在我播放这段之前,我和克里斯说话的时候,我们正在踢足球,然后开始下雨了。
Oh, before I play this to you, what happened, when I was speaking to Chris, we were playing football and then it started raining.
然后克里斯想再说点别的。
And then Chris wanted to say something else.
所以,这就是他说的话。
So, this is what he said.
好的,克里斯。
Okay, Chris.
看到了吗?
See?
这正是你不知道英格兰天气会怎么变化的完美例子。
A perfect example of you don't know what the weather's gonna be like in England.
这就是为什么这个国家如此特别。
That's why it's so special, this country.
一分钟还阳光明媚,下一分钟就像现在这样倾盆大雨。
One minute is sunny, the next minute is raining like now.
但有些人会说这是坏事,因为雨下得太多,这不好,你知道,下雨时你会淋湿,而淋湿并不健康,对你也没好处。
But some people would say that that's a bad thing, that it's rain it rains a lot, that that's not good, you know, because when it rains, you get wet and, you know, it's it's not very healthy, not very good for you if you get wet.
那为什么雨下得多反而好呢?
So why is it good that it rains a lot?
这有什么好的?
What's so good about that?
雨并没有下得很多。
It doesn't rain a lot.
只是在正常的时间下雨而已。
It just rains at the normal time.
人们只是不明白,如果全年都闷热,会有多无聊。
People just don't understand that it gets boring hot if you have hot weather throughout
一整年。
the year.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且,你知道,让你每天醒来的是什么让你感到敏感呢?
And, you know, what's sensitive forward to you that you got you wake up every day.
你每天醒来,哦,今天太热了。
You got you you know, you wake up to us, oh, it's too hot today.
今天太热了。
It's too hot today.
每一天,你都知道天气会是什么样子。
Every single day, you know what the weather's gonna be like.
是的。
Yeah.
相反,在这里,我们醒来的时候。
Instead, in in here over here, we we wake up.
我们不知道天气会怎样,反而充满期待。
We don't know what it's gonna be like, we look forward to it.
我们做好准备迎接它。
We get we prepare for it.
好的。
Okay.
所以这让你的生活变得有趣吗?
And So it makes your life interesting?
是的。
Yeah.
这让生活变得有趣。
It makes it makes it interesting.
但你真的期待下雨吗?
But do do you really look forward to rain?
下雨。
Rain.
你需要下雨来降温。
You need rain to cool you down.
好的。
Okay.
你需要刮风天来降温,但当你在炎热天气下感到热的时候,你就没法凉快下来。
You and you need the windy weather to cool you down, but you and and when you're hot when it's hot weather, you know, you can't you can't cool down.
好吧。
Okay.
你根本没法冷静下来,你总是心烦意乱。
You can't you're always you're always agitated.
你总是会感到,我不知道怎么说。
You always get you always get I don't know.
所以如果你因为高温和潮湿而感到压力,你就会变得焦躁不安。
So if you get stressed because the heat is so you know, when it's humid and hot, you get stressed out.
是啊。
Yeah.
一旦下雨,一切都会凉快下来。
And then when the rain comes, everything cools down.
对。
Yes.
所以
So
你可以放松一下
you can relax a
更多一点。
bit more.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
而且,你知道,尤其是下雨的时候,你就能在家里放松了。
And, you know, you look forward especially when when it's and when it's raining, you get you get to relax indoors.
可以待在家里放松,看会儿
You get to relax indoors, watch a bit
电视,或者做你自己的事,随便你做什么。
of TV or do do your own thing, whatever you do.
嗯。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
但我认为这里的人们应该更加珍惜这一点。
But I think people need to be more grateful of that over here.
他们抱怨得太多了。
They complain too much.
啊,好的。
Ah, okay.
行了。
Alright.
非常感谢你分享这些有趣的见解,克里斯。
Well, thanks thanks very much for all of your interesting comments, Chris.
我相信我的学生们会对英国人的真实想法非常感兴趣。
I'm sure that all my students will be very interested to learn what English people really think.
而且
And
我希望他们能考虑到我
I hope they take into account what I
刚才说的关于天气的事。
just said about the weather.
好的。
Okay.
非常感谢。
Thanks very much.
好的。
Okay.
谢谢。
Thank you.
再见。
See you later.
好的。
Okay.
所以,你知道,我希望你已经考虑到了他关于天气的说法。
So, you know, I hope you have taken that into account what he said about the weather.
对。
Right.
所以最后,我打算挑出克里斯说的几句话,复述给你听,然后加以解释。
So just finally, I'm gonna pick out just a couple of things that Chris said, repeat them to you, and then explain them.
明白吗?
Okay?
所有这些与克里斯的访谈内容,我都会转录并发布在网站上,也就是 teacherluke.podomatic.com。
All of this that the the interview with Chris, I'm going to transcribe and put on the on the website, which is, of course, teacherluke.podomatic.com.
好了。
Alright.
所以,以下是克里斯说的几句话及其解释。
So here's just a couple of things that Chris said there with an explanation.
好的,克里斯。
Okay, Chris.
看到了吗?
See?
这正是你不知道英格兰天气会怎样的完美例子。
A perfect example of you don't know what the weather's gonna be like in England.
这就是为什么这个国家如此特别。
That's why it's so special, this country.
一分钟阳光明媚,下一分钟就下起雨来,就像现在一样。
One minute is sunny, the next minute is raining like now.
但好吧。
But Okay.
这是个不错的表达。
That's a nice expression.
一分钟下雨,下一分钟晴天,再下一分钟又下雨了。
One minute it's rain one minute it's sunny, the next minute it's raining.
我们用这个表达方式:一会儿这样,一会儿又那样。
And we use that expression, one minute it's doing something, The next minute, it's doing something else.
我们用这个表达来形容事物变化很多。
We use that expression to just describe how things change a lot.
对吧?
Right?
它们变化得很快,或者变化很大。
They change really quickly or change a lot.
你不仅仅用这个来描述天气。
You don't just use that to describe weather.
你也可以用它来形容一个人。
You could use that to describe a person.
比如说,你可以讲,一会儿他特别友好开心。
You know, you could say, one minute, he's really friendly and happy.
下一刻他又非常生气。
The next minute, he's really angry.
对吧?
Right?
他真的很难预测。
He's really unpredictable.
所以他用的这个表达很不错。
So that's a nice expression that he used.
如果全年都是炎热天气,会很无聊。
It gets boring, hot if you have hot weather throughout the year.
如果全年都是炎热天气,会很无聊。
It gets boring if you have hot weather throughout the year.
“throughout”是个不错的词。
Throughout is a nice word.
它只是意味着一整年或整个期间。
It just means through the whole year or during the whole year.
如果全年都是炎热天气,会很无聊。
It gets boring if you have hot weather throughout the whole year.
所以另一个使用‘throughout’的例子是:他在整部电影期间都大声地吃爆米花。
So another example of using throughout might be, he was eating popcorn really loudly throughout the whole film.
这真的很烦人。
It was really annoying.
明白吗?
Alright?
好的。
Okay.
这是克里斯说的另一小段话。
Here's another little bit of what Chris said.
下雨。
Rain.
你需要下雨来降温。
You need rain to cool you down.
好的。
Okay.
你需要刮风的天气来让你凉快下来。
You and you need the windy weather to cool you down.
但当你热的时候,在炎热的天气里,你就是没法凉快下来。
But you and and when you're hot when it's hot weather, you know, you can't you can't cool down.
好的。
Okay.
所以,这是一个短语动词,比如‘凉快下来’,雨水能让你凉快下来,风也能让你凉快下来,而天气非常热的时候,你就没法凉快下来。
So, that's just a a phrasal verb to cool down or the rain cools you down, the wind cools you down, and when it's very hot, you can't cool down.
它的反义词是‘加热’或‘使变暖’。
The opposite of that is to warm something up or heat something up.
把它加热。
To heat it up.
对吧?
Right?
好的。
Okay.
降温,加热。
To cool down, to heat up.
好吗?
Okay?
好的。
Okay.
你总是无法平静下来。
You can't you're always you're always agitated.
你总是会,我也不知道。
You always get you always get I don't know.
你总是心烦意乱。
You're always agitated.
心烦意乱是个好词。
Agitated is a good word.
它只是意味着烦躁、生气、沮丧。
It just means irritated, annoyed, frustrated.
对吧?
Right?
当然,这个国家,我想如果天气长时间保持炎热潮湿,你确实会开始感到烦躁。
Certainly, this country, I guess that's true if if the weather stays really hot and humid for a long time, you do start to get agitated.
你会因为炎热的天气而变得有点烦闷和沮丧。
You get kinda annoyed and frustrated with the hot weather.
我在日本就有这种感觉,因为你知道,那里有两个月持续的闷热天气,我真的开始变得非常烦躁。
I felt like that in Japan because, you know, you have two months of solid hot humid weather, and I did start to get really agitated.
我无法降温,感觉就是根本受不了。
And I I couldn't cool down, and I felt like, you know, I just couldn't handle it.
我受不了那种炎热的天气。
I couldn't handle that hot weather.
最后,我病倒了。
In the end, I got sick.
你知道,我被它累垮了。
You know, I got exhausted by it.
但不管怎样,就是烦躁。
But anyway, agitated.
对。
Right.
所以你会因为高温而感到压力,你知道的,当又湿又热的时候,你会变得压力很大。
So you get stressed because the heat is so you know, when it's humid and hot, you get stressed out.
是的。
Yeah.
然后当雨下起来时,一切都凉快下来了。
And then when the rain comes, everything cools down.
是的。
Yes.
所以
So
你会稍微放松一点
you relax a bit
更多。
more.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
而且你知道,尤其是下雨的时候,你就能在家里放松一下。
And, you know, you look forward especially when when it's and when it's raining, you get you get to relax indoors.
可以在家里放松,看会儿电视
You get to relax indoors, watch a bit
看看电视,或者做自己的事,随便你做什么。
of TV, or do do your own thing, whatever you do.
是的。
Yeah.
下雨的时候,你就能在家里放松。
When it's raining, you get to relax indoors.
能够做某事就意味着你有做这件事的机会。
To get to do something just means that you you have the opportunity to do it.
对吧?
Right?
所以,说实话,我认为外面是不是晴天并不重要。
So, I mean, to be honest, I think that it doesn't matter if if it's sunny outside.
你仍然可以在室内放松。
You can still relax indoors.
但他说的是,天下雨时,这只是给了你一个待在室内、做些放松和其他事情的机会。
But what he's saying is that when it rains, it just gives you an opportunity to just stay in and do relaxing things and do other things.
对吧?
Right?
所以,能够做某事就意味着有做某事的机会。
So to get to do something means to have the opportunity to do something.
所以你可能会说,让我们看看。
So you might say, let's see.
让我看看。
Let me see.
让我看看。
Let me see.
好的。
Okay.
奇怪的例子。
Strange example.
但当我还是孩子的时候,我坐飞机飞往美国。
But when I was a kid, I was flying flying to America on a on an airplane, of course.
我有机会进入驾驶舱。
And I got to go into the the pilot's cabin.
空乘人员对我说:嘿。
The air hostess said to me, would you hey.
你想去看看驾驶舱吗?
Would you like to see the pilot's cabin?
所以我当时就说,好的。
And so I was like, yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
是的,请。
Yes, please.
所以我得以参观了驾驶舱。
So I got to see the pilot's cabin.
太棒了。
It was amazing.
有很多按钮,还有三个飞行员。
Lots of buttons and, like, three pilots.
他们为什么需要三个飞行员?
Why do they need three pilots?
也许是为了以防万一,你知道的,如果其中一个晕倒了,另一个就能接手飞行。
Maybe it's in case, you know, if one of them passes out, the other one can start flying, maybe.
但我觉得这里的人们应该更加感恩这一点。
But I think people need to be more grateful of that over here.
他们总是抱怨。
They complain too
太多。
much.
啊,好吧。
Ah, okay.
心存感激其实就是心怀感恩。
To be grateful really just means to be thankful.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以他觉得外国人应该更加感激我们国家的天气。
So he thinks that foreign people should be more thankful or more appreciative of the of the weather that we have in this country.
所以他们不该总是抱怨该死的英国天气。
So they should stop complaining all the time about the bloody English weather.
好吧?
Okay?
因为你知道,我每天都会遇到来自其他国家的人。
Because it you know, every day, I meet people from other countries.
我同意克里斯的观点,因为我每天都会遇到来自其他国家的人,他们确实对天气抱怨太多。
I do agree with Chris because every day, I meet people, you know, who are from other countries, and they do complain about the weather too much.
你知道吗?
You know?
我都听腻了。
I've I've heard it all before.
对吧?
Right?
所有那些话,哦,总是下雨啊什么的。
All of those, oh, it's you know, it rains all the time.
得了吧。
Come on.
别抱怨了。
Stop complaining.
实际上,我觉得克里斯说得对。
I think Chris is right, actually.
我认为人们应该接受天气,别再抱怨了。
I think people need to just accept the weather and stop complaining.
好吧。
Alright.
非常感谢你所有的精彩评论,克里斯。
Well, thanks thanks very much for all of your interesting comments, Chris.
我相信我的学生们会对英国人的真实想法非常感兴趣。
I'm sure that all my students will be very interested to learn what English people really think.
而且
And
我希望他们能考虑到我刚才关于天气的说法。
I hope they take into account what I just said about the weather.
好的。
Okay.
非常感谢。
Thanks very much.
好的。
Okay.
谢谢。
Thank you.
再见。
See you later.
好的。
Okay.
就这样了。
So that's it.
这便是与克里斯的访谈的结束。
That's the end of the the interview with Chris.
我希望这很有趣。
I hope that's interesting.
请一定要告诉我你对这些播客的看法,因为你知道,我一个人在这里做这个,有时候我不确定别人对这个播客有什么想法。
Just do do let me know what you think of these podcasts because, you know, I'm just alone here doing this, and I sometimes I don't know what people think of the podcast.
我确实收到很多邮件,说他们非常喜欢,喜欢我的声音之类的,这让我自我感觉很好。
I do get quite a lot of emails from people saying that they just love the they just love it and that they like the sound of my voice and things like that, which is very good for my ego.
对吧?
Right?
但我不确定。
But I don't know.
当我做这些访谈时,你觉得这是一次有趣或有用的访谈吗?
When I do these interviews, I mean, was that an interesting or useful interview for you?
我觉得可能确实如此。
I think it probably is.
你知道的?
You know?
我的意思是,听母语者说话是个非常好的主意。
I mean, I think it's a very good idea to listen to native speakers.
你可以从他们身上学到很多东西,而像这样的播客正好给了你机会去聆听英语母语者,尤其是如果你在本国根本没有机会接触任何英语母语者,你可以通过这类播客来‘认识’他们。
It's a you know, you can learn a lot from them, and it's a certainly, a podcast like this gives you the opportunity to listen to native speakers of English, especially if you never have the opportunity, if you never get to actually meet any native speakers in your country, you can use a podcast like this to meet them.
所以这应该是有帮助的。
So it should be useful.
这应该也很有趣。
It should be interesting.
所以,总之,请告诉我你对我的每一个播客有什么看法。
So, anyway, do let me know what you think of each podcast I do.
因为你们给我的信息越多,我就越能改进和提升播客的内容。
Because the more information I get from you, the more I can develop the podcasts and make them better, basically.
对我来说,保持这些播客简短非常困难。
It's very difficult for me to keep these podcasts short.
实际上,这真的很有挑战性。
It's really challenging, actually.
我得试着去做。
I I've gotta try to do it.
我话太多了,但我想这正是你们在听的原因,因为你们想听人说话。
I talk too much, but I guess that's why you're listening because you want to listen to someone speaking.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
另外,我做这些播客时总在想的一点是,我希望它有趣。
Also, thing I'm I always think about when I'm doing these podcasts is that I want it to be funny.
我希望你们听的时候能享受。
I want you to enjoy listening to it.
所以实际上,我其中一个目标不仅仅是为学英语的人做播客。
So kind of actually, one of my kind of ambitions with this is not just to do a podcast for people who are learning English.
所以这不仅仅是一个英语学习播客,同时也是一种娱乐类播客。
So it's not just a learning English podcast, but it's a kind of entertainment podcast as well.
这只是一个梦想,我能真正制作一种娱乐类播客,而不仅仅是学习类播客。
That's just a kind of dream that I can actually do some sort of entertainment podcast, not just a learning podcast.
我不知道它到底是有趣,还是只是有用。
I don't know if if if if it is entertaining or if it's just useful.
我希望它有趣,所以告诉我你的想法。
I hope it's entertaining, so let me know.
你可能已经注意到,我开始录制片头音乐了。
You you've probably noticed that I've started recording jingles.
我以前在其他播客里也提到过片头音乐。
I I've mentioned jingles before in other podcast.
片头音乐是一种通常在广播节目中听到的小段音乐,用来衔接节目的不同部分,这就是片头音乐。
A jingle is like a little piece of music that you get usually on a radio show, and they use the bits of music to link parts of the show together, jingles.
所以我制作了自己的片头音乐,而且开始制作更多的片头音乐。
So I make my own jingles, and I've started making more jingles.
它们本来就应该很搞笑。
They're supposed to be funny.
明白吗?
Alright?
所以如果你听到这些广告曲时感到困惑,或者觉得它们听起来很蠢,别担心,它们本来就不正经。
So if you hear the jingles and you you you just get confused or you think they sound stupid, well, they're not supposed to be serious.
懂吗?
Okay?
它们就是要搞笑。
They're meant to be funny.
你知道吗,其实我不该解释这个。
You know, actually, I shouldn't explain that.
我不该这么说。
I shouldn't say that.
我不该说它们本来就是要搞笑的,因为这么说反而会削弱它们的效果什么的。
I shouldn't say that they're supposed to be funny because it somehow takes takes the impact away or something.
不过,我一直在制作广告歌,而且我会继续做下去。
Anyway, but I've been making jingles, and I'm gonna keep making jingles.
希望你们会喜欢它们,觉得它们有趣。
Hopefully, you'll like them and find them funny.
显然,我谈的就是这种类型的广告歌。
I obviously, I'm talking about jingles like this one.
这是我最近为我与母语者进行访谈时创作的新广告歌,听起来是这样的。
This is a new one that I did for when I have an an interview with a native speaker and it sounds like this.
哟。
Yo.
什么什么什么?
What what what?
好吧。
Alright.
让我跟你们说说这个功能。
Let me tell you about this feature.
这是一场与母语者的访谈。
It's an interview with a native speaker.
如果你觉得困难,我会帮你。
And if you find it difficult, I'll give you
一把手。
a hand.
最后,你会完全理解
And then in the end, you'll completely understand
他们说的每一个词。
every single word they said.
不错。
Nice.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
什么什么什么什么什么。
What what what what what.
好吗?
Alright?
所以这就是我那种像母语者说的嘻哈广告曲。
So that's my sort of like native speaker hip hop jingle.
对吧?
Yeah?
尊重。
Respect.
嗯。
Yeah.
我做过一些其他的广告曲。
I've I've done a few other jingles.
所以听的时候注意听。
So listen for the listen out when you listen.
当然。
Of course.
听的时候要认真听。
Listen when you listen.
这是个不错的建议,对吧?
That's a good bit of advice, isn't it?
听的时候要认真听。
Listen when you listen.
看的时候要用眼睛看。
Look when you look with your eyes.
当你在看的时候,别忘了真正去看。
When you're looking, don't forget to look.
好吗?
Okay?
当你说话的时候,也别忘了真正地说出来。
And when you're speaking, don't forget to actually speak as well.
好吧?
Okay?
嗯。
Yeah.
我想我现在要停止这个播客了,因为我快疯了。
I think I'm gonna stop this podcast now because I'm starting to go insane.
总之,希望你们喜欢这些间奏曲。
Anyway, I hope you like the jingles.
而且,那些从头到尾完整听完播客的人,你们在结尾处得到了一点特别的彩蛋。
And, you know, those of you who listen to the listen to the whole podcast, listen from the start to the finish, you're just getting that little extra special bit at the end.
就是我专门为你们精心准备的那段特别间奏曲。
Just that little special jingle that I've carefully prepared just for you.
我猜不是每个听的人都会听到最后。
I expect that not everyone who listens to this listens all of the way to the end.
所以,如果你是这些特别的人,你们就是我最喜爱的听众。
So if you're one of those special people, you're my you're my favorite listeners.
你知道吗?
You know?
那些从头到尾听完整个播客的听众,你们很特别。
If the the the listeners who listen to the whole podcast all the way to the end, you're special.
你们是非常特别的人。
You're a really special person.
作为给你们的额外惊喜,我会为你们录制一段特别的片头曲。
And just as a extra treat for you, I'm gonna record a little special jingle just for you.
我想给你们取个名字。
I think I'm gonna give you a name.
你们要叫什么呢?我的特别听众。
What are you gonna you're gonna be called my special listeners.
对吧?
Right?
我的特别听众是那些听过播客不止一次的人。
And my special listeners are the ones who listen to the podcast more than once.
所以,如果你是特别听众,你很可能已经听过两三次了。
So if you're a special listener, you you probably listened to it twice or three times.
如果你是特别听众,你就是那种会从头到尾听完每一集播客的人。
If you're a special listener, you're one of those ones who listens all the way to the end of each podcast.
如果你还给我发邮件,告诉我我有多棒、你有多爱我,那你就是更特别的听众。
And you're an extra special listener if you also send me emails and tell me how great I am and how much you love me.
如果你真的为我的辛勤工作给我一些经济回报,那你就是超级特别的听众。
And you're a super extra special listener if you actually send me some kind of financial reward for all my hard work.
我说的当然是钱。
I'm talking about money, of course.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯,别太担心钱的问题。
Well, yeah, don't worry about the money too much.
你知道的,我对钱并不太在意。
You know, I'm not crazy about money.
我有足够的钱。
I've got enough money.
我有工作。
I've got a job.
我很开心。
I'm happy.
我很满足。
I'm satisfied.
我能买得起面包、牛奶和所有其他必需品。
I'm able to buy bread, you know, and milk and all the other essential things.
总之,这只是给所有特别听众的额外消息。
Anyway, so this is just a extra message for all the special listeners out there.
你们真的是很棒、很棒的人,我专门为你们录制了这段下一段小曲。
You really are wonderful, wonderful people, and I've recorded this next jingle just for you.
我爱你们。
I love you.
非常感谢。
Thanks a lot.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
你是一个独特的人,一个品味高雅、精致的人,一个会从头到尾收听卢克英语播客每一集并给我发邮件和打钱的人。
Are a unique person, a person of refined and sophisticated taste, a person who listens to each episode of Luke's English podcast from start to finish and sends me emails and money.
所以,不妨泡个舒适的热水澡,吃一些浓郁的黑巧克力,记住你确实是一个非常特别的人。
So why not indulge yourself by running a lovely hot bath, eating some rich dark chocolate, and remember that you are a very special person indeed.
我看不到别人,只看得见你。
I can't see anyone but you.
如果你喜欢这期英语播客,不妨订阅卢克英语播客高级版。
If you enjoyed this episode of English podcast, consider signing up for Luke's English podcast premium.
你将定期收到我带来的高级版节目,内容包括故事、词汇、语法和发音教学,以及一如既往的幽默与乐趣。
You'll get regular premium episodes with stories, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation teaching from me, and the usual moments of humor and fun.
此外,你的订阅将直接支持我的工作,让整个播客项目成为可能。
Plus, with your subscription, you will be directly supporting my work and making this whole podcast project possible.
有关卢克英语播客高级版的更多信息,请访问 teacherluke.co.uk/premiuminfo。
For more information about Luke's English podcast premium, go to teacherluke.co.uk/premiuminfo.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。