本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你正在收听卢克的英语播客。
You're listening to Luke's English podcast.
如需更多信息,请访问 teacherluke.podomatic。
For more information, visit teacherluke.podomatic.
又在收听卢克的英语播客的另一集。
Listening to yet another episode of Luke's English podcast.
我现在不太确定这已经是第几集了。
I'm not entirely sure how many this is now.
我不确定这一集是第几集。
I'm not sure which number episode this is.
我觉得可能是在六十几集到七十集左右,差不多吧。
I think it's probably in the sort of late sixties, early seventies, something like that.
哇。
Wow.
我一直在继续制作它们。
I I keep doing them.
我一直在继续制作。
I keep doing them.
我还没有停止,当然也完全没有停止。
I haven't stopped yet and certainly haven't stopped yet.
我知道我刚刚说了‘还’这个词,这可能会让人以为我打算停止。
I know I I've just said the word yet, which might suggest that maybe I'm going to stop.
但我目前没有任何停止的计划,不过你知道,我相信我最终总会停止的。
But I haven't got any plans to stop, but, you know, I'm sure I will stop eventually.
我的意思是,一切都会结束,不是吗?
I mean, everything stops, doesn't it?
我的意思是,总有一天,我不再能继续做这件事了,主要是因为我终将死去,你知道的。
I mean, in one day, won't I be able to do this anymore, you know, mainly because probably I will be dead, you know, eventually.
但只要我还活着,尤其是现在,我会继续做下去。
But while I'm still alive, certainly now, I'm gonna keep doing them.
对吧?
Right?
那很好。
So that's good.
你应该希望,我猜你对此感到高兴,除非你才刚开始听这个。
You should hope I expect you're happy about that unless you're someone who's just started listening to this.
也许你刚刚在互联网上发现了这个,心想,哦,好吧。
Maybe you maybe you just discovered this on the Internet and you thought, oh, alright.
哦,卢克的英语播客。
Oh, Luke's English podcast.
哦,我想我来听一听,也许会挺有趣。
Oh, I think I'll have a listen to that and that might be interesting.
然后你听了之后,发现只是我在自言自语,你就觉得,这太烂了。
And then you listen to it and then it's just me doing this and you're like, that's rubbish.
他是谁?
What who is he?
也许你就是这么想的。
You know, maybe that's what you think.
在这种情况下,正如我之前说过的,别担心。
And in in which case, as I've said before, you know, don't worry.
干脆别听了。
Just stop listening.
也许你可以做点别的,比如把脑子清空,类似这样的事情可能不错。
Maybe you can do something else, like maybe sort of flush your head down the toilet, maybe that kind of thing could be a good idea.
在上一期节目中,我给自己设了一个挑战,就是尝试不间断地讲45分钟。
Now in the last episode, I set myself a challenge, which was to try and speak for 45 without stopping.
我觉得这一期,因为上一期效果不错,而且似乎很受欢迎。
And I thought that in this one, because that proved to be quite successful, that seemed to be quite a popular episode.
我收到了很多听众的留言,说他们喜欢那一期。
I got quite a few messages and things from people who said, I liked that.
那期挺好的。
That was good.
于是我想,不如再做一期。
Then I thought, might as well do another one.
这对我来说很不错,因为这意味着我不需要坐下来花很长时间写详细的计划,比如如何教你们一些词汇,然后规划整个内容,花上好几个小时去做这些事。
And that's quite good for me because it means I don't need to sit down for ages writing big plans of, you know, how I can teach you some vocab and then planning the whole thing, spending hours and hours doing it.
我可以就坐在这里这样随意地说话,这还挺有趣的。
I can just sit here and talk like this, and that's kind of fun.
我为什么要做这件事呢?
Why why am I doing it?
嗯,我不太确定。
Well, I I don't know.
给自己设定挑战是好事,要多思考。
It's good to set yourself challenges, think.
给自己设定一个挑战是好事。
It's good to set a challenge for yourself.
我之前在想,像这样随意地说话是不是因为我喜欢听自己的声音,我一直在思考这个问题。
I was wondering before if just speaking like this means I like the sound of my own voice, and I was thinking about that.
事实上,我认为这并不真的成立。
And as a matter of fact, it's not I don't think it's really true.
我其实并没有那么喜欢自己的声音。
I don't really like the sound of my own voice that much.
有时我回听播客节目,感觉相当糟糕。
Sometimes I listen back to episodes of the podcast, and it's pretty horrible.
我听着自己的声音就会想,天哪。
I just listen to myself, and I think, oh my god.
要知道,我觉得自己有些话重复得太多了。
You know, I I say I say certain things too many times in my opinion.
我是说,你知道得太多了。
I say, you know too much.
我在思考时会这么说,你知道的,类似这样的情况。
I say that when I'm thinking, you know, you know, things like that.
我刚才就这么做了,你知道的。
I did it just then, you know.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
而且,还会说一些类似的话。
And also, say things like as well.
你知道,这是一种在不知道说什么或想什么时,用来填补空白的表达方式。
You know, which is a a way of sort of saying something, saying a word when you don't know what else to say and and think.
所以就会脱口而出。但如果你听过专业演讲者或电台主持人这类人的讲话,他们很少这样,对吧?
So it just comes out as, But if you ever listen to kind of professional speakers or radio presenters or that kind of person, they rarely go, do they?
真的吗?
Really?
我的意思是,你上次听到巴拉克·奥巴马说'你知道'是什么时候?
I mean, when was the last time you heard Barack Obama going, you know?
你知道,他不会这样说话,因为他是一位出色的演说家,杰出的公众演讲者,他不太可能在句子中间说'你知道'。
You know, he doesn't do it because he's he's a brilliant speaker, brilliant public speaker, and he's unlikely to go, in the middle of a sentence.
那样听起来可不好。
It's not gonna sound good.
如果他一直这么说,他不可能再次当选。
He won't get reelected if he keeps saying, all the time.
你知道的?
You know?
你能想象吗?
Can you imagine that?
所以人们决定制定一些新政策,你知道的?
So people have decided to, make some new policies, and, you know?
是的。
Yeah.
所以请投我一票。
So please vote for me.
你知道,他不会那样做,因为他很专业。
You know, he's not gonna do that because he's professional.
而我只是个普通人,我只是个男人,我只是个凡人,所以偶尔说一两次或许可以接受。
And since I'm I'm just a person, I'm just a I'm just a person, I'm just a man, I'm just a human man, then maybe it's okay for me to go from time to time.
总之,这一集里,我要给自己设定另一个挑战,那就是连续讲话三十分钟。
Anyway, so in this episode, I'm gonna set myself another challenge, and that is to speak continuously for, let's say I'm gonna say thirty minutes.
我没有上次那么有雄心了。
I'm not as ambitious as I was last time.
也许是因为我觉得四十五分钟有点难。
Maybe that's because I feel like forty five minutes is a bit of a challenge.
说实话,我真的没有四十五分钟。
Actually, to be honest to be honest, I don't have forty five minutes.
今晚我时间有限,原因我就不说了,因为有些事情我还是想保留一点隐私。
I've just got limited time tonight because of reasons, okay, which I'm not gonna tell you about because there are certain things I do like to keep private.
明白吗?
Okay?
但我已经给自己设定了三十分钟的时间。
But I'm gonna I've got I've given myself a thirty minute window.
是的。
Yeah.
我在等一个电话。
I'm expecting a phone call.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以如果电话响了,我就得接。
So if the phone rings, then I will have to answer it.
清楚了吗?
Okay?
但基本上,这里的规则——这期播客对我的挑战规则是:我必须连续说上30分钟,并且要保持内容有趣。
But basically, the rules here the rules for this podcast for me, my challenge is I've just got to keep speaking for thirty minutes and I've got to keep it interesting.
对吧?
Right?
现在我决定再增加几条规则。
Now I've decided to add a few other rules.
第一,必须连续说满30分钟。
One, gotta speak continuously for thirty minutes.
明白吗?
Okay?
除非接到电话,否则我必须说满三十分钟才能停。
I can't stop until it's thirty minutes unless I get a phone call.
如果电话响了,我可以暂停,通话结束后如果想继续可以接着讲。
If the phone rings, I'm allowed to pause and then continue after the phone call if I want.
我的意思是,这取决于通话时长。
I mean, it depends how long the phone call is.
可能会是个很长的电话,那样的话我就先睡觉,晚点再继续这个。
Might be a long call, in which case, I will just go to bed and then continue doing this later on.
那是我的选择。
That's that's my that's my choice.
这是我的特权。
It's my prerogative.
明白吗?
Okay?
那是我的决定。
That's my that's my decision.
这是我的权利。
It's my prerogative.
对吧?
Right?
权利。
Prerogative.
是的。
Yeah.
贾斯汀·汀布莱克经常谈到这一点。
Justin Timberlake talked about that quite a lot.
这是我的权利。
It's my prerogative.
对吧?
Right?
那是贾斯汀·汀布莱克的模仿。
That's Justin Timberlake impression.
对。
Yep.
特权就像是你的权利,就像你拥有做某事的权利。
Prerogative is like your your right to be it's like the right you have to do something.
明白吗?
Okay?
这个词其实不太常见。
Not that common a word.
可能美国人用得比我们多。
Maybe they use it in America more than we do.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我刚才说到哪儿了?
So where was I?
刚才在讲规则。
Was talking about the rules.
必须连续说三十分钟不能停,除非有电话打进来。
Gotta speak for thirty minutes continuously without without stopping unless I get a phone call.
第二条规则是我得尽量让内容保持有趣。
Second rule is I have to try and keep it interesting.
这个嘛...这个应该会很有趣的。
This should just this should be interesting.
我不希望这只是一堆平淡无奇的自我重要式废话。
I don't want this to just be a collection of mundane self importance of nonsense.
我想趁灵感涌现时,尽可能提出一些观点。
I'd like it to I'd like to make a few points as they occur to me if I can.
所以内容必须要有趣。
So it has to be interesting.
话虽如此,我对此还有个附加条件:允许自己谈论一个平淡的话题。
Now saying that, I have a kind of condition to that as well, and that's that I'm allowed to talk about one mundane topic.
但如果我谈论一些平凡的话题,比如我选择牙膏的理由,那么之后就必须转向更深刻、更有意义的内容。
But if I talk about something mundane, for example, if I talk about this my choice of toothpaste, for example, then I have to move on to something more profound, more meaningful.
所以我不能连续讨论两个平凡话题。
So I can't do two mundane topics in a row.
我得先谈些日常琐事,再接着探讨深刻而有趣的内容。
I've got to do something mundane, followed by something profound and very interesting.
如果我能成功阐述一个深刻有趣的观点,就可以再次转向日常话题,比如皮质材料相比塑料的优势,也就是为什么皮质比塑料更好。
And if I've managed to make a profound and interesting point, I can move on to something mundane again, you know, like, for example, the benefits of leather against plastic, you know, why leather is better than plastic.
这完全是我刚才临时想到的。
That's just just something that came to me off the top of my head.
对吧?
Right?
所以我得连续说三十分钟。
So I've got to speak for thirty minutes.
其实我已经讲了七分钟了,必须承认进展相当顺利。
I'm already I'm actually already seven minutes in, so this is going quite well already, I must admit.
你可能不同意这个说法。
You you may beg to differ.
你可能会觉得这已经无聊得可怕了,但那是你的权利。
You might think this has already become horrendously boring, but that's that's your prerogative.
那是你的权利。
It's your prerogative.
对吧?
Right?
所以,是的。
So right.
让我再重新总结一下规则,以防你没听清楚。
So let me recap the rules again just in case you haven't got them.
也许我完全可以花三十分钟只重复这些规则。
Maybe I could just spend thirty minutes just recapping on the rules.
我 probably 可以这么做,但那样就有点奇怪了。
I probably could, but that that would be just a bit weird.
所以三十分钟内,我会不间断地讲三十分钟。
So thirty minutes, I'm gonna speak for thirty minutes without stopping.
明白吗?
Okay?
不能停顿,不能去上厕所,也不能出去透透气。
No pausing, no no kind of going to the toilet, no sort of going out for a breath of fresh air.
我不能去给自己泡杯茶。
I can't go and make myself a cup of tea.
我不能停下来写点什么。
I can't just stop and write something down.
比如,如果我犯了错,说了什么后悔的话,我也不能暂停、回退、修改,然后再继续。
I can't for example, if I make a mistake, if I say something stupid that I regret, I can't pause, go back, edit, and then carry on.
不行。
No.
我必须不停地讲满三十分钟。
I've got to just keep speaking for thirty minutes.
除非我接到电话,否则一切规则都作废。
And unless I get a phone call, in which case, all bets are off.
我可以做任何我想做的事。
I can just do whatever I want.
明白吗?
Okay?
如果电话响了,我就停了。
If the phone rings, I'm out.
对吧?
Right?
就这样了。
So that's it.
三十分钟,有电话就停,另一个规则是不能停顿。
Thirty minutes phone call, and the other one was no pausing.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以我不能长时间暂停。
So I can't pause for a long period of time.
如果出现长时间的停顿,我不知道该说什么,那就失败了。
So if there's an extended pause where I just don't know what to say, I fail.
明白吗?
Okay?
如果失败了,我就停在那里,把能完成的部分尽可能发布出来,直到我失败的那个点为止。
And if I fail, I just I will stop there, and I'll post as much as I as I managed to do, okay, up until the point where I failed.
你知道吗,我有点担心这个播客。
You know, I'm I kind of worry I I worry about this podcast.
我总体上想得太多了。
I worry too much in general.
我觉得它必须完美。
I think it's got to be perfect.
它必须包含我要传授的内容。
It's got to be I've got to teach things in it.
但我白天确实会这么做,你知道的,我整天都在教一些词汇。
But I do that during the day, you know, I spend all my day teaching bits of vocabulary.
那是我的手机。
That's my phone.
我刚听到我的手机在响。
I just heard my phone ringing.
那就是是的。
That was yeah.
我的手机在响。
My phone is ringing.
你可能听不见,但它确实在响。
You probably can't hear it, but it is.
我要暂停一下了。
I'm gonna pause this.
我其实已经在作弊了,但我并没有真的作弊。
I've I'm already cheating, but I'm not cheating actually.
这是一个从句。
It's a clause.
我回来了。
I'm coming back.
明白了吗?
Alright?
我的手机在响。
My phone's ringing.
好的。
Okay.
我已经打完电话了,现在回来了。
So I've had my phone conversation and I'm back.
我回来了。
I'm back in.
我又回到了矩阵里。
I'm back into the matrix again.
那么,这些规则是什么?
And so right, what are the rules of this?
我真不敢相信我一直在喋喋不休地讲这些规则。
I can't believe I'm going on and on and on about the rules like this.
我希望你们在听的时候觉得这挺有意思的。
I hope that you're finding this interesting if you're listening.
但不管怎样,规则是什么?
But anyway, what are the rules?
第一,我得讲满三十分钟,现在还剩大约十分钟左右。
Well, one, I've got to talk for thirty minutes and I've got about ten twenty of those minutes left.
第二,除非我的电话响了,否则我不能停下来,对吧?
Two, I can't stop for any reason unless my phone rings, right?
而且我已经在前面用过这个情况了。
And I've already sort of used that condition there already.
所以这就是第一条。
So that's one.
第三,我不能长时间停顿,因为根据这些规则那算是作弊。
Three, I am not allowed to like pause for a long period of time because that's cheating based on these rules.
好的。
Okay.
第四,我必须继续说话。
And fourth, I am obliged to keep talking.
即使这意味着,好吧,我可以谈论一些日常琐事。
And even if that means, okay, I'm allowed to talk about something mundane.
但如果我那样做,就必须开始谈论一些深刻的话题。
But if I do that, then I have to start talking about something profound.
只有在我谈论了深刻内容或尝试探讨深刻主题后,才能重新回到那种无聊的日常话题,如此循环。
And only after I've said something profound or tried to talk about a profound topic, then I can go back to a sort of boring mundane topic, and so on.
第五点可能有点野心勃勃——我必须尝试做出总结。
And five, this might be a bit ambitious, I have to try and conclude.
最后我需要某种结论或信息,或许可以作为本期节目名称的基础。
I have to have some sort of conclusion or message at the end, which perhaps I can use as the basis of the the the name of this episode.
所以这些就是当前的规则。
So those are the rules in place.
我们现在已进行了十分钟,那就开始吧。
And so we've got we're we're now ten minutes in, so here we go.
我们开始吧。
Let's get started.
好的。
Right.
你很可能正在听这个,实际上你就是在听这个。
So you're probably listening to this well, you are listening to this.
如果你真的在耳边听到这个,那就意味着你在听,对吧?
If you're actually if you're hearing this in your ears, then that means you're listening to it, really, doesn't it?
你或许听到了声音,但未必是在认真听。
Well, you you may be hearing it, but you might not be listening to it.
你当然有所察觉,你大概听到了声音,但你真的在认真听吗?
So you're certainly aware you you probably hear the noise, but are you really listening?
我希望你是的。
I hope you are.
作为这段内容的听众,你很可能正在学习英语,这样的话你可能会想:天哪,他说得有点快,而且没什么条理。
And being a listener to this, you're probably a learner of English, in which case you might think, Christ, he's speaking a bit quickly, and he's not making much sense.
嗯,我只是在尽力完成这个任务。
Well, I'm just trying to complete this task.
好吗?
Okay?
我只是想连续说上三十分钟。
I'm just trying to speak for thirty minutes.
你们的任务就是尽量跟上节奏。
Your job is just to try and keep up.
努力理解我在说什么就行。
Just try and understand what I'm saying.
尽力跟上就好。
Just try and keep up.
就像我在上一集说的,你得试着留意我使用的任何语言片段。
And like I said in last, the last episode, you've gotta try and notice any bits of language that I'm using.
在上一个任务中,我请在线收听的听众注意一些词汇,把它们打出来并添加到网站的评论区。
Now for the last one, I asked people online who listen to this to perhaps notice some bits of vocab and type them and add them to the comments on the website.
现在有一位听众真的给我发了邮件,这位出色的听众给我发来了一份整集内容的完整文稿,她说她仔细听了整集内容,手写记录下来,然后全部打字整理了出来。
Now one person actually emailed me, one amazing listener emailed me with a whole script of the entire episode written out, and she said that she listened to the whole episode and typed and and wrote it all, transcribed it all by hand, and then typed it all up.
这太了不起了。
That's incredible.
这是一集四十五分钟的节目。
It's a forty five minute episode.
她一定花了很长时间。
It must have taken her ages.
但她表示,第一,这非常有趣,因为她非常认真地听,竟然理解了大约99%的内容。
But she said, one, it was really good fun because she listened really carefully and managed to understand, you know, like, 99% of it.
她听得很认真。
She listened really carefully.
其次,她说这非常有成就感,因为这让她能清晰地专注于我说的每一句话。
Secondly, it was very rewarding, she says, because it really made her focus clearly on absolutely everything I said.
所以这对她的英语来说是非常好的练习,她建议每个人或你们所有人都应该尝试这样做。
So it's really good exercise for her English, and she recommends that everyone or all of you should try and do that.
试着听其中一部分,然后逐字逐句地把它写下来。
Just try and listen to part of this and try and write it all down word for word.
你可能无法记下每一个词,但你可以尽你所能。
You probably won't be able to get every word, but you can just do your best.
她实际上通过电子邮件把这份材料发给了我。
She actually sent that to me by email.
所以我会把它放在上一期节目的页面上,这样你们就能阅读了。
So I'm gonna put it up online on this page for the last episode, and then you'll be able to read it.
我想我需要对它做一些修改,但你们迟早能读到它。
I think I need to make a few corrections to it, but you'll be able to read that at some point.
所以对于这一期,也许有人可以听一下,试着把它全部写下来,然后发给我,我也会把它发布在网上。
So for this one, maybe someone out there can listen to this and try to write it all down and then send it to me, and I'll post this online as well.
这对网上的朋友们会非常有帮助。
And that'll be really useful for people out there on the Internet in Internet land.
明白吗?
Okay?
对。
Right.
好吧。
So okay.
我得开始说话了。
I've gotta speak now.
我得决定要讲什么。
I've gotta choose what I'm gonna talk about.
我不能花太多时间纠结选择。
I can't spend too much time just choosing.
我得选一个话题。
I've got to pick something.
对。
Right.
说到选择,我刚在我的桌子上发现了一样东西。
So talking of pick, I've just found something here on my desk.
我现在手里拿的是一个吉他拨片。
Now what I've got here is a guitar pick.
明白?
Okay?
吉他拨片就是一种拨子。
A guitar pick is a a plectrum.
明白?
Okay?
拨子是一种用来拨动吉他弦的工具。
A plectrum is something that you use to strum the guitar with.
拨动,意思是用手或者某种工具敲击琴弦,发出声音。
To strum, I mean, to kind of hit the strings with your with your hand, you you know, hit the strings with something to make it make a noise.
我来给你示范一下如何拨动吉他,因为我把吉他带过来了。
I'll give you an example of strumming a guitar because I've got my guitar here.
哎呀。
Whoops.
这就是拨弦。
That's the strum.
这就是拨动吉他。
That's strumming a guitar.
好的。
Okay.
我应该演奏一些音乐。
I should probably play some music.
也许在我说话的时候,我可以顺便弹一点音乐,这样可能会为播客的整体氛围增添一些效果。
Maybe when I'm speaking, I can play a little bit of music on this, and it might somehow add to the general sound of the podcast.
也许这是个好主意。
Maybe that'll be a good idea.
这可以为内容增添节奏感,带来一种有趣的视角,或许听起来有点像一首歌,让整个节目显得稍微有趣一些。
It could punctuate the thing, give it like an interesting angle, maybe maybe sound a bit like a song and give the give the whole thing slightly interesting tone.
这可能是个好主意。
That might be a good idea.
我不知道这样做会不会影响我集中注意力,但我不确定。
I don't know if it's gonna stop me from being able to concentrate while I'm doing this, but I don't know.
也许我根本就不会在弹奏时说任何话,但也许我会说。
Maybe maybe I'm just not really gonna say anything at all while I'm doing this, but maybe I will.
所以,总之,我这儿有把吉他。
So anyway, here I've got the guitar.
我会在说话时弹奏一些音乐片段。
I'm just gonna play bits of music while I'm speaking.
这是个有趣的想法。
That's an interesting idea.
尽量别让吉他碰到麦克风。
Try not to hit the microphone with the guitar.
这通常是个好主意。
It's generally a good idea.
对。
Right.
哦,我差点停顿了。
Oh, I nearly paused there.
我差点停顿了。
I nearly paused.
我当时那一下至少停了两秒。
I was that was like at least a two second pause.
现在,我得避免这样做。
Now, I've have I have to avoid doing that.
我在同时做几件事,你知道的。
I'm multitasking, you know.
我在同时做几件事。
I'm multitasking.
这正是我在做的事情。
That's what that's what I'm doing.
我正试图同时做两件事。
I'm trying to do two things at the same time.
我正试图说话。
I'm trying to talk.
我正试图完成这个挑战,同时还在弹吉他。
I'm trying to do this challenge, and I'm also trying to play the guitar at the same time.
现在人们常说,女性经常认为男性不会 multitasking,但事实真的如此吗?
Now they say that women women say often that men can't multitask, but that's not true, is it?
这不对,因为男性其实一直在同时做多件事,对吧?
That's that's not true because men multitask all the time, don't they?
我的意思是,想象一下,比如一名战斗机飞行员。
I mean, imagine imagine, for example, a a fighter pilot.
对吧?
Right?
战斗机飞行员必须同时处理多项任务,以确保自己不会在空中丧命。
Fighter pilots, they multitask, so they have to multitask to make sure that they don't, like, get killed in the sky.
对吧?
Right?
所以他们一直在同时处理多项任务。
So they're multitasking all the time.
当一名战斗机飞行员很难。
It's difficult being a fighter pilot.
你真的必须同时处理多项任务。
You really have to multitask.
想象一下,一个战斗机飞行员有了女朋友。
Imagine a fighter pilot with a girlfriend.
对吧?
Right?
现在,他不仅要专注于驾驶飞机,还要完成驾驶飞机所需的各种任务,避开空中的子弹等等。
Now he not only does he have to concentrate on flying the plane and doing the multitude of tasks required to fly the plane effectively, avoid the sort of bullets in the sky and all that kind of thing.
他必须在驾驶飞机的同时努力活下来,还要想着他的女朋友。
He has to actually try and stay alive while flying the plane, and he's gonna be thinking about his girlfriend.
想象一下,一位战斗机飞行员正被另一架飞机在空中追击,同时他还有个女朋友,情人节快到了,女朋友的生日也快到了。
Imagine a fighter pilot who's being sort of chased by another plane in the sky, and also he's got a girlfriend, and it's nearly Valentine's Day, and his girlfriend's got a birthday coming up.
他得同时思考三四个不同的事情。
He's gonna be thinking about, like, three or four different things at the same time.
他得想着,怎么开这架飞机才能不死?
He's gonna be thinking, how can I fly this plane so I don't die?
我该给女朋友买什么生日礼物?
What am I gonna get my girlfriend for her birthday?
情人节来临时,我们该做些什么?
And what are we gonna do on Valentine's Day when that comes around?
你说他这不是在同时处理多件事吗?
Tell me he's not multitasking.
这人 multitasking 的水平简直像互联网一样。
That man is multitasking like like a thing that multi like the Internet.
是吗?
Yeah?
他就像谷歌浏览器一样多任务处理,或者说像iPhone 4s那样多任务处理。
He's multitasking like Google Chrome or, you know, he's multitasking like an iPhone four s.
iPhone 4s,显然这款产品刚刚被苹果公司正式发布。
IPhone four s, apparently, that's just been that's just been, announced, actually, by Apple.
他们在伦敦科文特花园的办公室举行了大型新闻发布会或某种新闻活动。
They had some big, press conference or some sort of a news event at their offices in Covent Garden here in London.
现在说到苹果公司,天啊,他们真的很受欢迎,对吧?
Now Apple, like, god, they are popular, aren't they?
每个人都对苹果着迷。
Everyone's into Apple.
嗯,很多人都这样。
Well, a lot of people are.
而且有很多狂热的粉丝非常喜爱苹果。
And you got a lot of obsessive fans out there who love Apple.
我不是说那种你能吃的苹果,你知道的,因为显然苹果非常受欢迎。
And I'm not mean I don't mean apples, you know, that you eat, because obviously they're very popular.
我认为作为食物的苹果可能比作为电子产品的苹果更受欢迎。
I think probably apples as a source of food are more popular than than apple as electronic products.
我不这么认为吗?
I I wouldn't don't you think?
我觉得是的。
I think they are.
我认为消费苹果作为食物的人数,可能比使用iPhone和iPad的人还要多。
I think probably more people consume apples as a food source than they do things like iPhones and iPads.
我确实希望如此,因为苹果是一种非常好的营养来源。
I certainly hope so because an apple is a fairly sort of source very good source of nutrients.
人们常说一天一苹果,医生远离我,对吧?
And they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, doesn't it?
所以,苹果作为一种水果可能更重要,这大概是好事。
So it's probably a good thing that just apples as a fruit are more important.
但苹果电脑也同样非常重要。
But also Apple computers are very important as well.
不重要。
Not important.
它们其实并不重要,对吧?
They're not really important, are they?
嗯,如果你有一台的话可能就重要了。
Well, maybe they are if you've got one.
你知道,如果你是个上班族,有一台苹果电脑,那对你来说相当重要,对吧?
You know, if you're if you're like an office worker and you have an Apple computer, that's that's pretty important to you, isn't it?
因为你会想,哦,如果我桌上没有苹果电脑,我就没法工作了。
Because you're gonna think, oh, if I don't have an Apple computer on my desk, I'm not gonna be able to do my job.
我就没法发邮件了。
I'm not gonna be able to send my emails.
我也没法收邮件了。
I'm not gonna be able to receive emails.
没法收到老板的邮件,这倒是好事。
Not gonna be able to, like, get my boss's emails, and that's a good thing.
你什么时候喜欢收到老板的邮件?
Because when do you enjoy getting emails from your boss?
我想知道。
I wonder.
因为刚才我又停了一下,为了一个和弦。
Because oh, I paused again for a bit for a chord.
我要把吉他放下了。
I'm gonna put the guitar down.
我知道你在想,哦,你在想,我喜欢吉他,卢克。
I know you're thinking, oh, you're thinking, oh, I like the guitar, Luke.
我不知道你用什么样的语气说这种话,但卢克,我喜欢你的吉他。
I don't know what kind of voice that you use when you speak like this, but, oh, Luke, I like your guitar.
真不错。
That was nice.
哦,哦,我头疼。
Oh, oh, I've got a headache.
我不知道你为什么这么说,但这真有趣。
I don't know why you'd be saying that, but that's just funny.
我想知道你听的时候是不是觉得卢克生气了。
I wonder if you're listening to this thinking Luke's mad.
他疯了。
He's lost his mind.
他脑子里出问题了。
Something's gone wrong inside his head.
但你试试连续说三十分钟不停顿,这很难。
But you try just talking for thirty minutes without pausing because it's hard.
你最后会说出一些后悔的话。
You end up saying stupid things that you regret.
但管他呢?
But what the hell?
展开剩余字幕(还有 290 条)
总之,我刚才说到哪儿了?
Anyway, where was I?
苹果。
Apple.
对吧?
Right?
苹果,是种很好的食物。
Apples, they're good good food.
对吧?
Right?
但苹果电脑,你知道的,虽然很不错,但也没那么重要。
But Apple computers, you know, they're great and everything, but they're not that essential.
现在,他们 apparently 宣布了新款手机 Apple 4s 的发布。
Now, they've just apparently announced the the launch of a new phone, the Apple four s.
我不知道它有什么不同,除了多了一个 s。
I don't know what's different about it, except that it's got an s.
也许就是这样。
Maybe that's it.
这就像是,好吧,行吧。
That's just like, well, okay.
所以我们即将推出我们的新款苹果手机。
So we're gonna launch our new Apple, mobile phone, smartphone.
这太棒了。
It's amazing.
这改变了所有一切。
This changes everything.
但你到底给手机增加了什么?
And it's like, well, what have you actually added to the phone?
增加了什么功能?
What functionality is added?
嗯,主要是,我们加了一个字母。
Well, mainly, we've added, an an a letter.
手机背面多了一个新字母。
There's a new letter, on the on the back of the phone.
新字母。
New letter.
哇。
Wow.
这太棒了。
That's fantastic.
所以你们给字母表增加了一个新字母?
Well, you've added a new letter to the alphabet?
你们是不是革新了字母表?
Have you you've, like, innovated the alphabet.
这太惊人了。
That's amazing.
不过,我们最近并没有革新字母表。
Well, we haven't recently, innovated the alphabet.
我们刚刚在手机的名字上加了一个新字母。
We've just added a new letter, onto the the name of the phone.
哦,哦,好的。
Oh, oh, okay.
对。
Right.
所以你的意思是,是这样的。
So you mean it's sort of, yeah.
你加了一个新字母。
You've added a new letter.
是哪个字母?
What which letter is it?
我们加了字母 S。
Well, we've added s.
所以是的。
So yeah.
我们基本上是加了字母 s。
We we basically, we've we've added the the letter s.
所以你明白了。
So you've okay.
你加了一个字母 s。
You've added a letter s.
那是什么?
What is it?
苹果?
Apples?
苹果?
Apples?
比如,苹果四?
Like, apples four?
这是不是说,你买的时候会得到多个之类的?
Is that is that you know, do you get more than one or something when you buy it?
不。
No.
不。
No.
就是 Apple Four s。
It's it's just apple Apple four s.
Apple Four s。
Apple Apple four s.
那那是什么样子的?
So what what's that like?
Apple fours。
Apple fours.
那么,你能得到多少个?
So well, how many of them do you get?
我的意思是,Apple fours,是不是像,有16部手机之类的?
I mean, Apple fours, is that like, sick was that 16 phones or something?
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
你仍然只得到一部手机,但我们给手机的名字后面加了个字母s。
You you still get the one one phone, but we've added the letter s on the end of the phone.
就这样吗?
Well, that's it?
这就是唯一的区别?
That's the only difference?
是的。
Yeah.
差不多吧。
Pretty much.
是的。
Yeah.
我们我们我们认为我们的消费者们,他们想要从智能手机中获得更多。
We we we figure our our our consumers out there, they want more from their smartphone.
你知道,他们想要在手机名称末尾再加一个字母,他们认为这将是对他们目前使用的苹果四代手机服务的巨大改进。我相信你会同意,苹果四代已经是一款不可思议的硬件,绝对是每个人都必须拥有的。
You know, the they want another letter, on the end of it, and they think that's gonna be a vast improvement on the the current service that they have from their Apple, four phone, which, I'm sure you'll agree is already, an incredible piece of hardware and an absolute must have for, any human.
好的。
Okay.
所以你的意思是,你们只是把苹果四拿过来,在末尾加了个s,就觉得这足以成为邀请大家来考文特花园的理由。
So what you're saying is that you've just taken the Apple four and you've just added an s on the end, and you think that that's that's enough of a reason to invite everyone here to Covent Garden.
你知道,我们很多人为此错过了晚餐,就为了听你们宣布在手机名称上又加了一个字母。
You know, a lot of us missed out on our dinner because of this just so that you could announce that you've added another letter on the phone.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,你知道,这款苹果4s还涉及其他功能。
Well, you know, there are other functions, involved, in in this Apple four s.
这将是一个巨大的进步。
It it's it's gonna be an a major step forward for forward.
我真没办法用美式口音说出这个词。
I can't really can't really, say that word in an American accent.
向前迈进了一大步。
For forward, a huge leap, in in that direction.
我的美式口音正变得越来越糟糕。
My my American accent is slipping, quite dramatically here.
我想这是因为我对新的苹果4s太兴奋了。
I think it's because I'm just so excited about the new Apple four s.
它真的非常了不起。
It it really is incredible.
好的。
Okay.
明白了。
Right.
谢谢。
Thanks.
非常感谢。
Thanks very much.
我想我已经听到了所有需要知道的信息。
I think I've I've heard everything I need to know.
我想,今天在考文特花园大概就是这个样子。
That's probably what it would be like at at Covent Garden today.
我的意思是,他们可能给苹果四增加了一些其他功能,以便合法地称它为苹果四S。
I think I mean, they they probably have added some other functions to the Apple four in order to, you know, legally be allowed to call it the Apple four s.
我的意思是,S代表什么?
I mean, what's s?
是超级的意思吗?
Is that super?
是卓越的意思吗?
Superb?
我不知道。
I don't know.
你看,我是以一个不知情者的身份在说话。
You see, I'm speaking as someone who's not informed.
我只是不太了解情况。
I'm just not well informed.
我相信这个s肯定有某种含义,可能有些苹果发烧友能告诉我这个s代表什么,并且能详细说明苹果4s究竟好在哪里。
The I'm sure the s means something, and there are probably some, like, Apple fanboys out there who can tell me what that s means, and who can also tell me in great detail exactly why Apple four s is that much better.
我的意思是,确实如此。
I mean, it's yeah.
他们本可以称之为苹果BS或者苹果四BS,也许吧。
They could have called it Apple BS or Apple four BS, maybe.
那样可能更贴切一些。
That's that would have been more appropriate.
BS,你知道的,那是胡扯的意思,对吧?
BS, as you know, that stands for bullshit, doesn't it?
但不,我确信iPhone 4s好很多。
But, no, I'm I'm sure that the Apple four s is a lot better.
他们可能让它更快了,而且你大概现在用它刷Facebook会顺畅很多。
They've probably made it faster and they've made it a lot you know, you can probably, like, browse Facebook a lot more easily using it now.
这是一件好事,对吧?
And that's that's that's a good thing, isn't it?
是的。
Yeah.
所以是的。
So yeah.
Facebook。
Facebook.
Facebook。
Facebook.
Facebook。
Facebook.
我今天在想,好吧,我不会用吉他说话,因为那样太俗气了。
I was thinking today, okay, I'm gonna I'm not gonna speak with a guitar because that's cheesy.
是的。
Yeah.
确实挺俗气的。
It's pretty cheesy.
但你知道吗?
But you know what?
你知道吗?
You know what?
我喜欢这种俗套的风格,因为你知道,我就是喜欢做个俗气的人。
I like being cheesy because, you know, I I I love to be cheesy guy.
那是我的黑莓手机发出的声音。
That was my BlackBerry making a noise.
我是个俗气的人,你知道,有时候我就喜欢抱着吉他坐在这里,像这样弹几个和弦,这能让我进入恰当的情绪状态。
I'm a cheesy guy, you know, and I just love to sit here with my guitar sometimes and just play a few chords like this and, you know, it just puts me in the right kind of mood.
所以我想就把吉他放在这儿吧。
So I'm gonna just have the guitar here, I think.
真是太俗气了。
Very fucking cheesy.
所以是这样。
So yeah.
所以这个苹果的事情。
So the Apple the Apple thing.
是的。
Yeah.
现在是Facebook。
Facebook right now.
每个人一直都在用Facebook。
Everyone's on Facebook all the time.
它一直在增长。
It's growing all the time.
它变得越来越大、越来越大、越来越大。
It's getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
我今天对Facebook有了一种顿悟,那就是我意识到我现在明白Facebook的用途了,我想。
I had a kind of revelation today about Facebook, and that was that I realized that that that I know now what Facebook is for, I think.
而且,我认为Facebook实际上并不是用来写那些关于你在做什么的无聊评论的。
And and it's not for I don't think Facebook is for writing boring comments about what you're doing, actually.
不是的。
No.
对我来说那已经不重要了。
It's not about that anymore for me.
以前确实是为了那些。
It used to be about that.
以前是为了让朋友们知道我要去烧烤之类的,或者让朋友们知道我刚刚学会了杂耍什么的,你懂的,又或者是让朋友们知道我正要吃一个美味的三明治。
It used to be about kind of letting my friends know that I was going to have a barbecue or something, or letting my friends know that I just learned how to juggle or something, you know, or letting my friends know that I'm just about to eat a lovely sandwich.
哦。
Oh.
就是那种马上要吃一块美味的奶酪火腿三明治的感觉。
You know, like, sort of, just about to have a lovely cheese and ham sandwich.
很兴奋。
Excited.
哈哈。
LOL.
就是这类事情。
That sort of thing.
不。
No.
现在不是这样了,因为很多人对Facebook颇有微词。
It's not about that anymore because people do kind of bitch quite a lot about Facebook.
他们抱怨说,天啊,这些无聊的状态更新。
They complain about it and say, god, you know, oh, these boring status updates.
我才不在乎你的三明治呢。
I don't care about your sandwich.
人们就是这么说的。
That's what people say.
对吧?
Right?
所以我不再想在Facebook上写那些无聊的内容了。
So I I don't wanna write those boring things on Facebook anymore.
不过话说回来,我明天可能会忘了自己说过这话,然后发个类似‘我刚喝了一杯美味的卡布奇诺’这样的动态。
Although saying this, I'll probably tomorrow forget I've said this, and I'll put on something like, oh, I've just had a lovely cappuccino or something like that.
所以,是的,现在不再是为了写那些无聊琐碎的事情了。
So, yeah, it's not about writing those boring mundane things anymore.
而应该更多地分享内容。
It should be instead about sharing content.
对吧?
Right?
这就像一种让你分享在互联网上发现的东西的方式。
It's like a way for you to share things that you found on the Internet.
这样,如果我们大家都这么做,那就会成为一种很好的方式来筛选互联网,你知道的。
And that way, if we all did that, then it would be a really good way of just filtering the Internet, you know.
所以你可以想象一下,你登录Facebook后,就能直接看到朋友们推荐你去看的内容。
So if you can imagine, you log on to Facebook and then you can just see what your friends suggest that you you look at.
比如,YouTube上有太多的视频了。
There are so many videos on YouTube, for example.
要决定看哪个根本不可能,你知道的。
It's impossible to decide which ones to watch, you know.
选择太多了。
There are so many choices.
所以我只是想,不如上Facebook,如果你的好朋友找到了一些有趣的视频或什么内容,他们可以在Facebook上发布出来。
And and so I just think, well, go on Facebook, and if your friends, you know, your good friends have found some some interesting videos or something, then they can post them on Facebook.
然后你可以浏览所有朋友分享的视频和内容,这就像是电视一样,你知道的。
And you can just have a look through all your friends' videos and all the content, and that is like TV, you know.
它会变成一种由朋友们挑选出来的电视节目。
It just becomes like TV that your friends have chosen.
与其回家打开电视,直接看BBC选的内容,虽然我觉得BBC真的很棒。
Instead of going home and switching on the TV and just watching what the BBC has chosen, although I do think the BBC are brilliant.
我觉得他们的内容非常出色,做得很好。
I think they have some really good, content and they're great.
但与其让一群你不认识的陌生人来决定你看什么,不如回家登录Facebook,看看你的朋友觉得哪些内容对你有趣。
But instead of just allowing, like, a group of strangers who you don't know to decide what you're gonna watch, you could go home and just log on to Facebook and see what your friends have decided might be interesting for you to look at.
这样很好。
And that that's good.
如果你在YouTube上发现了一些有趣或搞笑的视频,也可以把它们发布到Facebook上。
And if you find something on YouTube that you think is funny or interesting, you can post it on Facebook as well.
我认为,这是一种筛选互联网内容的好方法。
And that's, I think, just a good way of filtering the Internet.
互联网上的内容太多了,根本不可能看完,也不可能全部找到。
There's so much stuff on the Internet that it's it's impossible really to to to see all of it, to find it all.
我的意思是,你可能会花上一辈子在Google上不停地搜索,你知道的。
I mean, you'd end up spending your whole life on Google just googling things, you know.
我我我完全可以做到这一点。
I I I could easily do that.
我完全可以浪费掉生命中的几年时间,就用来搜索各种东西,你知道的,想到什么就搜什么。
I could easily waste sort of a couple of years of my life just googling things, you know, whatever they come into my mind.
比如,你知道,就是些随机的有趣事物,像是海洋里最大的鱼是什么?
Like, you know, just random randomly interesting things like sort of, what's the biggest, fish in the ocean?
嗯,我知道其实是蓝鲸...不对。
Well, I know it's actually the blue no.
不是蓝鲸,因为它不是鱼类。
It's not the blue whale because it's not a fish.
所以别想糊弄我,差点就被你骗到了。
So don't don't you nearly got me there.
你差点就骗到我了。
You nearly got me.
你差点以为卢克连鲸鱼是什么都不知道,但我可是知道鲸鱼的。
You nearly you nearly thought, oh, Luke doesn't know what a whale is, but I know what a whale is.
它不是鱼。
It's not a fish.
它是哺乳动物。
It's a mammal.
海洋中最大的鱼实际上是鲸鲨。
The biggest fish in in the sea is actually the whale shark.
是的。
Yeah.
你看,这有点令人困惑,因为名字里有‘鲸’字,但鲨鱼确实是鱼。
See, it's a bit confusing because the word whale whale shark, but a shark is a fish.
它叫鲸鲨是因为它体型巨大。
It's called the whale shark because it's massive.
它的体型像鲸鱼一样大,但其实是一种鲨鱼。
It's like the size of a whale, but it's actually a shark.
它不会伤害你。
It won't kill you.
但它不会吃你,因为它吃的是磷虾。
It won't eat you though, because it eats it eats krill.
我不知道你是否知道磷虾是什么。
I don't know if you know what krill is.
我觉得它们吃磷虾。
I think they eat krill.
磷虾就像小小的微小生物,基本上是 tiny 的虾。
Krill is like little micro sort of tiny little shrimp, basically.
鲸鲨吃的就是这个。
That's what a whale shark eats.
所以海洋里最大的鱼是鲸鲨。
So the biggest fish in the sea is a whale shark.
是的。
Yeah.
所以你可以随便在谷歌上搜索这类随机信息。
So you could you could just Google sort of random information like that.
海里最大的鱼是什么?
What's the biggest fish in the sea?
如果你想观看或了解这个,或者只是随便问问,比如野兔和兔子有什么区别?
If you wanted to watch that or if you wanted to find out what that was or, you know, just random questions like, what's the difference between a hare and a rabbit?
野兔和兔子。
A hare and a rabbit.
野兔不是兔子。
Well, a hare is not a rabbit.
它只是更大一点的兔子,类似这样的东西。
It's just a bigger kind of rabbit, that sort of thing.
网上有大量你可以搜索的内容。
There's loads of stuff on Google that you could just search for.
你可以,比如说,搜索女王多久挖一次鼻孔。
And you could, for example, search for how often does the queen pick her nose.
你知道,网上很可能有关于这类事情的信息。
You know, there's probably gonna be something on Google about that sort of thing.
所以,你可能会把生命浪费在谷歌上查找各种东西。
So but you could waste your life just just finding things on on Google.
那为什么不让你的朋友们在脸书上给你分享一些内容呢?
So why not let your friends just sort of show you some things on Facebook?
这个主意挺不错的。
Quite a good idea.
这样脸书上就不会再有那些无聊的废话了。
So no more mundane crap on Facebook.
我觉得我们应该主要用它来分享YouTube视频之类的。
I think we should just use it to basically share YouTube videos and things like that.
是的。
Yes.
这是个好主意。
That's a good idea.
人们经常抱怨现在人们的交流方式,对现在的沟通方式有很多不满。
People complain a lot about what you can people complain a lot about the way we communicate these days.
你常听到人们抱怨Facebook,说它太无聊了。
You hear people complaining about Facebook saying things like, oh, Facebook's so, you know, so dull.
我讨厌所有这些。
I hate I hate all these.
这就像在简化人们彼此交流的方式。
It's like reducing the way that people communicate with each other.
现在人们连拼写都不规范了。
It's it's people don't spell properly anymore.
这真的在降低我们相互交流的水平。
It's really dumbing down the way we interact with each other.
但你知道,至少我们还不是老鼠,对吧?毕竟老鼠是用自己的粪便来交流的,不是吗?
Well, you know, at least we're not, you know, at least we're not mice, you know, because mice actually communicate using their own poo, don't they?
是的。
Yeah.
还有尿液。
And pee.
它们实际上通过粪便进行交流。
They actually communicate through poo.
所以你看,有时候你看到小老鼠的粪便,那就像是它们在Facebook上的状态更新。
So, you know, if like, you you see sometimes little mice mice poo, that's those are like their little status updates on Facebook.
老鼠的粪便就像是它们的Facebook状态更新。
Mouse poo is like status it's like Facebook for mice.
你明白吗?
You know?
所以我们至少不是老鼠。
So at least we're not mice.
情况可能更糟。
It could be worse.
想象一下如果人类也那样做。
Imagine if humans did that.
想象一下人们用粪便互相交流。
Imagine if people communicated with each other using poo.
你知道,你去酒吧时,朋友们会说,嘿,卢克。
You know, you kind of go to the pub and your friends say, hey, Luke.
你最近怎么样?
How are doing?
你会说,嗯,你自己去发现吧。
And you'd say, well, you know, find out for yourself.
你知道的,就这样。
You know, there you go.
然后他们说,哦,好吧。
And they go, oh, okay.
嗯,我看你去度假了。
Well, I see you've been on holiday.
好吧。
Okay.
哦,是加勒比海。
Oh, the The Caribbean.
真棒。
Lovely.
我看出你很喜欢当地的鲶鱼咖喱。
I see you enjoyed the the local catfish curry.
看起来你玩得非常开心。
Looks like you had a fantastic time.
就是这种事。
That sort of thing.
那会很奇怪,不是吗?
That would be strange, wouldn't it?
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
确实会。
It would.
对。
Right.
所以我认为我已经大概达到了三十分钟的时长。
So I think I've probably, I've reached the thirty minute mark.
我已经达到了三十分钟的时长,但感觉根本没多久。
I've reached the thirty minute mark, and that didn't feel like much at all.
所以我觉得我应该做个总结。
So I feel I should conclude in some way.
让我想想。
Let's see.
我能在这里提出什么样的总结呢?
What kind of conclusion I could could I bring forth here?
既然我一直在谈论Facebook,那我们就来做一个总结吧,我认为在Facebook上,你必须努力传达一些有意义的内容。
Well, since I've been talking about Facebook, let let's let's let's bring some sort of conclusion here, which is, I think on, on Facebook, you gotta try to communicate something meaningful.
不要只是随便说点什么,不要仅仅试图引发别人对你生活的兴趣。
Don't just say something, don't just try and, don't just try and attract curiosity about your life.
所以别试图让你的生活看起来比实际更有趣。
So don't try and make it look like your life is more interesting than it is.
因为如果你说一些像‘哦,我今天发现了一种新茶’这样的话,人们只会想:你为什么要写这个?
Because if you say something like, if you say just something like, oh, I I found a new kind of tea today, then people are just gonna be like, why did you write that?
所以,你应该在Facebook上做些有建设性的事情,或者至少分享一些你觉得有趣的东西。
So instead, you need to try and, do something constructive on Facebook or at least, share something that you found that you think would be interesting.
这个结论够好吗?
Is that a good enough conclusion?
我不确定。
I'm not sure.
我不确定这个结论是否足够好。
I'm not sure that is a good enough conclusion.
我觉得上次的结论更好,你还记得吧。
I think last time, it was a better conclusion, you remember.
我说过我们应该互相请对方吃冰淇淋。
I said that we should all just buy each other ice cream.
我们吃点冰淇淋,开心一下吧。
Let's just eat some ice cream and be happy.
对。
Yeah.
嗯,老兄,这真是个不错的主意。
Well, man, that was a pretty good one.
所以,让我来总结一下这个话题的结论。
So let's say, okay, here's the here's my conclusion for this this one.
如果音乐是爱的食粮,那就继续奏乐吧。
It's it's, if music be the food of love, play on.
明白吗?
Okay?
这些话不是我说的。
Now those aren't my words.
这些话是威廉·莎士比亚说的。
Those are that's William Shakespeare.
这是他一部名为《第十二夜》的戏剧开篇台词。顺便说,我得感谢我的父母,在我和弟弟小时候带我们去看莎士比亚戏剧。
The first lines of one of his plays called Twelfth Night I have to thank my parents, by the way, for, like, taking me and my brother to Shakespeare plays when we were children.
这教育了我,也教育了我们俩。
It educated me, educated both of us.
我算不上学识渊博。
I'm not massively literate.
我不记得多少戏剧或书籍里的名言,但我知道这一句,而且觉得它很棒。
I don't know that many quotes from plays or books, but I know that one and I think it's a good one.
倘若音乐是爱情的食粮,那就奏响吧。
If music be the food of love, play on.
这是戏剧《第十二夜》的开场白。
And that's the the the beginning of this play, Twelfth Night.
这个角色大概是爱上了某人,他正在思念她,思考着如何能赢得她的芳心。
The character is I think he's in love with someone, and he's he's kind of thinking about her and thinking about how he can how he can get her to love him.
这时有人正在演奏音乐,他便说道:倘若音乐是爱情的食粮,那就继续演奏吧。
And so someone is playing some music, and he says, if music be the food of love, play on.
这意味着,如果音乐是爱的粮食,那就继续播放吧。
Which means if music is the food of love, then play on.
对吧?
Right?
所以,如果你播放音乐,它就能帮助滋养爱。
So if you play music, then that helps us to it helps to feed love.
也许它能滋养世间的爱,或者帮助你赢得别人的爱,也许是爱的燃料。
Maybe it helps feed love in the world or it helps to make someone love you or it's it's the fuel for love, maybe.
这真是个俗气的播客。
That's a cheesy podcast.
我想我要把这一集叫做‘奶酪集’,因为实在太俗气了,你知道的,这种音乐什么的。
I think I'm gonna call this one the cheese episode because it's been pretty cheesy, you know, this kind of music and stuff.
‘如果音乐是爱的粮食,那就继续播放吧’听起来有点俗气,但实际上非常深刻。
And if music be the food of love, play on is sounds a bit cheesy, but it's actually very profound.
我刚才聊了点关于老鼠的事。
And I've talked about mice for a little bit.
所以,我们就叫它‘奶酪集’吧。
So, the cheese episode, that's what we call it.
我的意思是,结尾时放一点音乐就好。
I mean, just play a little bit of music at the end.
这就像是《办公室》那一集中,大卫·布伦特带着吉他走进办公室的场景。
This is like that episode of The Office where David Brent brings a guitar into The Office.
有点像那样。
It's a bit like that.
如果你不知道我在说什么,我指的是由里奇·盖文斯和斯蒂芬·默切特创作的优秀情景喜剧《办公室》。
If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the TV show The Office, which is a brilliant sitcom written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
《办公室》。
The Office.
它原本是一部英国情景喜剧,设定在办公室里,讲述办公室生活如何既尴尬、无聊又搞笑。
And it's a it was originally a British sitcom, a comedy show set in an office, and it's about how life in an office can be really embarrassing and boring and funny.
后来美国人也拍了自己的版本,同样非常成功。
The Americans then made their own version of it, which is also very successful.
但我觉得英国版才是最好的。
But the British one's the best one, actually, I think.
就这样吧。
So that's it.
这集到此结束了。
That's the end of this episode.
这集就叫‘奶酪集’吧,因为整体来说真的挺 cheesy 的。
And it's gonna be called the cheese episode because it's been pretty cheesy in total.
就这样吧。
So that's it.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
感谢收听卢克的英语播客这一期。
Thanks for listening to this episode of Luke's English podcast.
如需更多信息,请访问 teacherluke.podomatic.com。
For more information, visit teacherluke.podomatic.com.
如果你喜欢这期英语播客,不妨订阅卢克英语播客高级版。
If you enjoyed this episode of English podcast, consider signing up for Luke's English podcast premium.
你将定期收到我的高级节目,内容包括故事、词汇、语法和发音教学,以及一贯的幽默与乐趣。
You'll get regular premium episodes with stories, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation teaching from me, and the usual moments of humor and fun.
此外,通过您的订阅,您将直接支持我的工作,使整个播客项目成为可能。
Plus, with your subscription, you will be directly supporting my work and making this whole podcast project possible.
有关Luke's English podcast高级版的更多信息,请访问teacherluke.co.uk/premiuminfo。
For more information about Luke's English podcast premium, go to teacherluke.co.uk/premiuminfo.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。