本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你正在收听卢克的英语播客。
You're listening to Luke's English podcast.
如需更多信息,请访问 teacherluke.co.uk。
For more information, visit teacherluke.co.uk.
你好,听众们,欢迎回到卢克的英语播客。
Hello, listeners, and welcome back to Luke's English podcast.
这是一个面向全球英语学习者的播客。
This is a podcast for learners of English all around the world.
如果你是英语学习者,并且身处世界任何地方,那么欢迎你。
If you are a learner of English and you are around the world, then welcome.
这是卢克的英语播客2025年的最后几期之一。
This is one of the last episodes of Luke's English podcast for 2025.
事实上,这甚至可能是今年的最后一期。
Could even be the the final episode of the year, in fact.
我不确定。
I'm not sure.
我们走着瞧。
We will see.
但不管怎样,再见了,2025年。
But, anyway, goodbye 2025.
你好,2026年。
Hello 2026.
新年快乐。
Happy New Year.
祝你万事如意,四季安康,诸如此类的祝福。
Best wishes, seasons, greetings, and all those things.
今天在这期播客中,已经是连续第四年,到了一年一度的世界新闻测验时间,嘉宾是来自《Simple English News Daily》播客的史蒂文。
Today on the podcast, for the fourth year running, it is time for the annual world news quiz with Steven from the Simple English News Daily podcast.
那就是SEN七播客,你很可能也在听。
That's the SEN seven podcast, which you may well listen to.
这次测验将围绕今年新闻中的事件展开。
This is going to be a quiz about events that were in the news this year.
我的嘉宾史蒂文将担任问答主持人。
My guest, Steven, is going to be the quiz master.
他已经准备好了问题。
He's prepared the questions.
我会回答这些问题,但听众们你们也可以和我一起参与。
I will be answering the questions, but you can play along with me, listeners.
你们能答出来吗?
Will you know the answers?
我会知道答案吗?
Will will I know the answers?
你们能理解这些问题吗?
Will you be able to understand the questions?
我能理解这些问题吗?
Will I be be able to understand the questions?
我能否超越去年的表现,希望这并不难?
Can I beat my performance from last year, which hopefully won't be difficult?
也许最重要的是,你能赢过我吗?
And perhaps most importantly, can you beat me?
这次问答环节你能得比我更高的分数吗?
Can you score more points than me in the quiz this time?
这就是今天这一集要讲的内容。
That is what's coming up in the episode today.
不过,我们先向史蒂文打个招呼吧。
Let's say hello to Steven, though, first.
你好,史蒂文。
Hello, Steven.
嗨,卢克。
Hi, Luke.
那是一段非常棒的介绍。
That was a fantastic introduction.
我太喜欢了。
I loved it.
嗯。
Yeah.
能回来真好。
It's great to be back.
能回到卢克的英语播客真是太好了。
Great to be back on Luke's English podcasts.
英语播客的鼻祖。
The OG of of English podcasts.
能回来参加2025年世界新闻测验真好。
It's, great to be back for the 2025 world news quiz.
我非常期待开始,看看你能否超过去年的分数。
I'm excited to to get going and see if you can beat your score from last year.
希望我能做到。
Hopefully, I will.
我们会提醒大家去年、前年以及更早年的分数,看看我能否——其实超过去年的分数应该不难,但我们会看看我能否超越自己的平均分。
We'll we'll we'll remind everyone of the scores from last year, the year before, and the year before that and see if I can sort of well, beating last year's score shouldn't be too difficult, but we will see if I can beat my average score.
史蒂文,首先请你提醒一下我们你的播客是什么样的。
Steven, just, remind us about your podcast, first of all, if you would.
当然可以。
Absolutely.
《简易英语每日新闻》。
Simple English News Daily.
这是一档时长七分钟的每日新闻节目。
It's a seven minute long daily news show.
所以是每周一到周五每天更新。
So it's every day, Monday to Friday.
在七分钟内,我们会环游世界。
In seven minutes, we go around the world.
有人曾经把它形容为一次世界直升机之旅。
Somebody described it once as a helicopter tour of the world.
我非常喜欢这个描述。
I I love that description.
这不是我的。
It's not mine.
如果你是说了这句话的人,谢谢。
Thank you if you're the person who said that.
很好。
That's good.
这可能吗?
Is that possible?
坐直升机环游世界可能吗?
Is it possible to fly around the world in a helicopter?
只是好奇。
Just wondering.
也许如果你有很多加油点,一直有其他直升机为你加油,而且有足够的补给支撑你一整年,那可能是可行的。
Maybe if you, had loads and loads of refueling stops, you had, like, lots of other helicopters to keep refueling you the the whole time and, you know, supplies to last you for, a year or something.
这也许是可能的。
It might be possible.
这要花多长时间?
How long would it take?
不管怎样,这是一个旁支问题。
Anyway, this is a side question.
这其实是对‘那到底是什么’这个问题的旁支。
It is a side question to the question of what it is anyway.
是的,所以在七分钟内,我们会讲几个发生在欧洲的故事、几个发生在非洲的故事、几个发生在亚洲和大洋洲的故事,以及几个发生在美洲的故事。
Yeah, so in seven minutes, we say a couple of stories of what's happening in Europe, a couple of stories of what's happening in Africa, a couple of stories of what's happening in Asia and Oceania, a couple of stories of what's happening in The Americas.
我们努力让你感觉仿佛了解了当天世界各地正在发生的事情。
And we try and make you feel like you know what is happening on that day, everywhere in the world.
这是为正在学习英语的人设计的。
And it's designed for people who are learning English.
所以,语速比BBC新闻之类的要慢一些。
So everything is a little bit slower than it would be in, know, the BBC news or something like that.
用稍微简单一点的词汇表达,大致是中高级水平的英语。
Said in slightly more simple terms, kind of upper intermediate style of English.
还有,Simple English News Daily,也叫SEN7,万一还有人没意识到,它的全称是‘七分钟简易英语新闻’。
And yeah, Simple English News Daily, also known as SEN7, which just in case anybody hasn't realized yet stands for Simple English News Daily in seven minutes.
你可以在你最喜欢的播客应用里找到它,或者你现在收听Luke的英语播客的方式都能找到。
And yeah, you can find it in your favorite podcast app or however you are listening to Luke's English podcast right now.
好的。
Okay.
非常好。
Very good.
在开始之前,我还有一个问题。
Another question for you before we begin.
你还在像往常一样喝马黛茶吗?
Are you drinking your mate tea as usual?
每当我做世界新闻测验时,拿出马黛茶已经成了一种习惯。
It's become a bit of a a bit of a a tradition that when whenever I'm doing the the world news quiz, I get out the mate.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
所以。
So
和往常一样,史蒂文正用金属吸管喝他的马黛茶。
As usual, Steven is drinking from his cup of mate through the metal straw.
这是阿根廷的做法,对吧?
That's an Argentinian thing, right?
是的,没错。
Yeah, it is.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
这实际上是葫芦的下半部分,它属于南瓜科,类似于我们这里叫什么的植物?
This is actually the bottom half of a gourd, which is like a kind of, it's from the pumpkin family as more similar to, what do we call it here?
南瓜属的葫芦瓜。
Butternut squash.
而且,你实际上可以买到由这种瓜的两半制成的马黛茶杯。
And, you can actually get mates that are made from both sides of them.
但这个马黛茶杯是用较大的那一半做的。
But this mate is made from the, from the bigger half.
我还有另一个,是较细的那一半在上面。
The I've got another one, which is the thinner half on the top.
如果你能想象一个葫芦瓜这样竖起来的话。
If you can imagine a butternut squash coming up like that.
是的,而且马黛茶杯里的那种绿色草料—— yerba,我认为只有阿根廷生产。
Yeah, but, and the mate, of course, all of the yerba, the green stuff that goes inside is I think it's only made in Argentina.
如果我记错了,抱歉。
Sorry if I'm wrong about that.
也许巴西也有少量生产。
Maybe there's a little bit made in Brazil or something.
所以这全是进口的。
So it's it's all imported.
所以,瞧瞧,就是这样。
So, hey, there you go.
这就是我的航空里程。
That's my air miles.
这才是好东西,对吧?
That's the good stuff, isn't it?
对吧?
Right?
这才是好东西,正宗的阿根廷马黛茶。
That's that is the good stuff, the proper Argentinian yerba mate.
这是一种茶,据说对身体非常好,能让人保持精力充沛。
It's a kind of tea, and, apparently, it's very good for you and keeps you keeps you going.
向所有其他喝马黛茶的朋友们致敬。
So shout out to all of the other mate drinking lepsters out there.
团队,马黛茶。
Team team Yerba Mate.
没错。
That's right.
大家在评论区里打个招呼吧。
Get in the comments section, everyone.
好的。
Okay.
所以,是这样的。
So, right.
看。
Look.
我们得开始测验了。
We need to get into the quiz.
但在那之前,我得说几件事。
But before we do that, I do need to say a few things.
听众们,大家好。
Listeners, everyone, hello.
在开始测验之前,我只需要说几句话,就几句。
I just need to say a few things before we start the quiz, just a few words.
我认为此时此刻,史蒂文也乐意让我替他发言。
And I think Steven actually at this point is happy to let me speak for him as well here.
这样可以吗,史蒂文?
I'm not is that okay by you, Steven?
我想你们知道我现在要简要讲些什么。
I think you know what I'm gonna sort of talk about briefly now.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以去年,我们决定在开头做一个小小的提示,我想你就要做这个了。
So last year, we decided to make a little, like, notification at the beginning, and I think you're about to do that.
所以,是的,我同意你即将说的每一件事。
So, yeah, I I agree I agree with everything you are about to say.
好的。
Okay.
对。
Right.
那么我们开始吧。
So here we go.
所以,我的播客听众们,你们知道,这个节目旨在为全球的英语学习者提供娱乐。
So my podcast listeners, as you know, is intended to be an entertaining show for learners of English around the world.
一般来说,我努力保持这些集的轻松幽默基调。
And, generally, I do try to keep the tone of these episodes quite lighthearted and humorous.
你可能已经注意到了。
You you've probably noticed that.
我的意思是,有时我也可以很严肃。
I mean, I can be it can be serious sometimes.
而且,我确实非常认真地帮助每个人学习英语。
And, obviously, I am serious about helping everyone with their English.
但总的来说,我尽量保持轻松的语气,节目中会有一些笑话之类的内容。
But, generally, I try to keep the tone quite light, and there are jokes and things like that.
而今天这一期节目也正是本着这种精神,做一个有趣的年终新闻小测验。
And that is the spirit in which we're doing this episode today, a fun news quiz to end the year.
但当然,2025年世界各地发生了许多令人不安的事件。
But, of course, 2025 has seen plenty of very troubling events in many places around the world.
当然,我们一直看到并继续看到许多地方因各种原因发生的令人痛心和震惊的故事。
Of course, we have seen and continue to see some very harrowing and disturbing stories happening in many places and for many reasons.
我们经常在新闻中看到和读到这些故事。
We see and read about these stories in the news all the time.
史蒂文在他的播客中全年都在谈论这些内容。
Steven talks about them all year round on his podcast.
不过,史蒂文和我决定今年的测验中不包含专门涉及这类事件的问题,因为我们觉得,考虑到本节目的基调——正如我所说,它本应轻松愉快——这样做确实不太合适。
And Steven and I have decided, though, not to include questions in the quiz this year that deals specifically with stories of that nature because we feel it just wouldn't really be appropriate considering the the tone of the episode, right, which, as I said, is supposed to be quite lighthearted, really.
因此,我们在这次测验中不会涉及这类内容,但我们也不想忽视这些严肃的问题,所以在正式开始测验之前,我们想先提及一些相关事件。
So we won't be covering those sorts of things in this quiz, but we don't want to ignore serious issues, and we would like to mention some of them now before we start the quiz prop before we start the quiz properly.
重要的是要承认并铭记这些事件,记住那些因今年众多悲剧性、灾难性和令人震惊的事件而遭受苦难乃至持续受苦的人们。
It's important to acknowledge and mention these things and to remember people who've suffered and continue to to suffer, terrible hardships as a result of so many tragic, disastrous, and appalling events this year.
在这里,我主要指的是各种战争与武装冲突、自然灾害与气候事件、事故以及基础设施故障等,这些都给许多人带来了灾难性的影响。
Mainly here, I'm referring to things like the various wars and armed conflicts, natural disasters and climate events, accidents, and infrastructure failures, and more, all of which have led to, catastrophic impacts being experienced by many people.
所以,我打算像去年一样,直接朗读维基百科2025年条目的前三段内容。
So the way I'm gonna do this, is exactly what I did last year, and that is simply to read the first three paragraphs from the Wikipedia page for the year 2025.
我选择这个维基百科页面,是因为它为我们提供了对这一年重大新闻事件的清晰概览。
I've chosen this Wikipedia page because it gives us a pretty clear overview of the year's major news events.
这当然不会涵盖所有事件,而且只花几分钟,但它确实涵盖了2025年发生的许多最严重、最重要的事件。
This is not gonna include absolutely everything, and it will only take a few minutes, But it does cover a lot of some of the most serious major events that happened in in 2025.
所以,让我打开维基百科。
So let me just open up Wikipedia.
那么,再次强调,这是维基百科2025年条目的前三段内容,我们开始吧。
So, again, the first three paragraphs of the Wikipedia page for 2025, here we go.
2025年是当前年份,为格里高利历的平年,始于星期三,是公元纪年的第2025年,也是第三千年的第25年、第二十一世纪的第25年,以及2020年代的第6年。
2025 is the current year and is a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the twenty twenty fifth year of the common era, and anno domini designations, the twenty fifth year of the third millennium, and the twenty first century and the sixth year of the twenty twenties decade.
今年见证了重大武装冲突的升级,包括始于2022年的俄罗斯入侵乌克兰,期间曾有弗拉基米尔·普京与唐纳德·特朗普参与的和平谈判,但尚未就该问题达成任何具体协议。
The year has seen an escalation of major armed conflicts, including the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which began peace negotiations involving Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump, although they have not yet yielded any specific agreements on the issue.
事实上,今年远程导弹和无人机袭击的数量有所增加。
And in fact, this year saw an increase in long range missile and drone strikes.
此外,还有加沙战争,包括饥荒和人道主义危机,以及苏丹内战。
Also, the Gaza war, including a famine and humanitarian crisis, as well as the Sudanese civil war.
这两场冲突在全年持续进行。
Also, they both continued throughout the year.
亚美尼亚、孟加拉国、保加利亚、刚果民主共和国、厄瓜多尔、法国、格鲁吉亚、德国、海地、秘鲁、索马里和韩国的内部危机也延续至今年,其中韩国局势导致总统尹锡悦被逮捕并免职。
Internal crises in Armenia, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, The Democratic Republic Of Congo, Ecuador, France, Georgia, Germany, Haiti, Peru, Somalia, and South Korea continued into this year with the latter leading to president Yoon Suk Yul's arrest and removal from office.
今年还爆发了以Z世代为主导的大规模抗议浪潮——在英式英语中称为‘Generation Zed’,简称‘Gen Z’,其中尼泊尔和马达加斯加的抗议甚至导致政府倒台。
The year has also seen a wave of protests predominantly led by generation z, or is that generation zed in British English, Gen z, with some like those in Nepal and Madagascar resulting in the overthrow of governments.
年中,一些长期紧张局势引发了短暂冲突:5月印度与巴基斯坦、6月伊朗与以色列、7月柬埔寨与泰国爆发冲突,其中涉及泰国总理巴育·占奥差的一通泄露电话通话。
Several brief conflicts out of long standing tensions emerged midyear, India and Pakistan in May, Iran, Israel in June, and Cambodia, Thailand in July in which a leaked phone call involving Thai prime minister Pathangan Shinnawatra no.
这不对。
That's not right.
帕通·坦·辛纳瓦。
Paitong Tan Shinnawatra.
请再说一遍。
Say it again, please.
帕通·坦·辛纳瓦,我想是的。
Paitong Tan Shinnawatra, I think.
谢谢你,史蒂文。
Thank you, Steven.
这就是他在这里的原因。
That's why he's here.
帕通·坦·辛纳瓦与柬埔寨参议院主席洪森的通话导致前者被罢免。
Paitong Tan Shinawatra and Cambodian senate president Hun Sen resulted in the removal of the former.
在经济和商业领域,唐纳德·特朗普重返美国总统职位,引发美国对全球征收一系列关税,严重扰乱了全球贸易。
In economics and business, the return of Donald Trump to The US presidency ushered in a series of tariffs levied by America on the rest of the world, significantly disrupting global trade.
除了重新点燃中美贸易战外,科技行业还因DeepSeek聊天机器人的发布而受到冲击,这款中国大型语言模型与ChatGPT形成竞争。
In addition to reinvigorating the the China United States trade war, the technology sector was additionally hit with the release of DeepSeek's chatbot, a Chinese large language model which competes with ChatGPT.
今年航空和航天领域也发生了事故,包括印度航空171航班在印度艾哈迈达巴德坠毁。
Aviation and aerospace also saw accidents this year, including when Air India flight 171 crashed in Ahmedabad, India.
太空探索领域也取得了多项进展,包括首次载人极地轨道飞行,以及私营公司首次成功实现月球着陆。
Several advances in space exploration were made as well, including the first crewed polar orbit spaceflight and the first successful landing of a spacecraft on the moon by a private company.
所以,这就是情况。
So there you go.
这只是维基百科2025年页面的前三段内容。
That's just the first three, paragraphs from the Wikipedia page for 2025.
该页面随后按时间顺序列出了该年度发生的其他一系列重大事件的更多细节。
The page then goes on to list more details in chronological order about the various other significant events that happened throughout the year.
当然,当我们想到其中许多报道时,就会联想到普通民众的苦难,尤其是在许多情况下包括儿童。
Now, of course, when we think of many of the stories that are mentioned there, we are reminded of the suffering of ordinary people, including, in many cases, children.
我们阅读这些消息时,会感到一种绝望。
We read these things, and we feel a sense of despair.
但有些事情是我们可以做的。
But there are some things that we can do.
其中之一是支持人道主义援助工作者,他们尽最大努力接触受苦的人们,尽可能提供医疗援助、食物、衣物和其他形式的支持。
One of those things is to support humanitarian aid workers who do their best to access people who are suffering and simply help them as much as possible with medical assistance, food, clothing, and other forms of support.
正在做这类工作的一个组织是无国界医生,法语中称为MSF。
One organization doing work like this is Doctors Without Borders or in French, MSF.
他们的工作重点是为受冲突、灾难、流行病和社会排斥影响的人们提供医疗救助。
What they do is focus on bringing medical care to people affected by conflict, disasters, epidemics, and social exclusion.
无国界医生是一个独立的组织,其行动完全秉持中立原则。
Doctors Without Borders is an independent organization, and it acts with complete impartiality.
这意味着他们向所有人提供帮助,不论其国籍、种族、政治或宗教信仰,或其他任何区别。
This means that they provide help to people irrespective of nationality, race, political or religious ideology, or any other distinction.
这就是为什么他们被称为无国界医生。
This is why they are called Doctors Without Borders.
他们向所有人提供帮助。
They offer help to everyone.
这种行动的独立性源于其资金来源,2024年其资金的99.7%来自私人捐赠。
This independence of action is rooted in its funding, which was 99% 99.7% privately funded in 2024.
我想我们还没有2025年的数据,因为这些数据可能尚未公布。
I guess we just don't have the the the figures for 2025 yet because they're probably not available.
但无论如何,2024年其资金的99.7%来自私人捐赠。
But, anyway, 99.7% privately funded in 2024.
因此,我们的支持至关重要,因为这种直接的财务支持方式有助于他们保持独立性。
This is why our support is so important because this direct method of financial backing is what helps them stay independent.
我们通过捐款直接支持无国界医生组织,使他们能够继续运作,不与任何政府或其他政治实体产生关联,从而专注于为需要帮助的人提供援助,并确保绝大多数捐赠资金直接用于有需要的人群。
Our direct support for Doctors Without Borders through donations allows them to continue to operate with no associations with governments or other political entities, allowing them to focus only on providing help to those who need it and ensuring that the vast majority of the funds donated to them goes directly to people in need.
例如,去年他们89%的资金被直接用于社会使命。
Last year, for example, 89% of their funding was allocated directly to social missions.
这显然不是100%,但已经非常高了,对于这种慈善工作来说实属罕见。
That's obviously not a 100%, but it's very high, which is rare for this kind of charity work.
因此,请考虑向无国界医生组织或MSF捐款,以帮助世界各地需要帮助的人。
So please consider donating to Doctors Without Borders or MSF in order to help people around the world who are in need.
直接访问 doctorswithoutborders.org 并点击捐赠。
Just go to doctorswithoutborders.org and click donate.
或者,你也可以在谷歌或其他搜索引擎中搜索 MSF,同样可以找到正确的页面。
Alternatively, you can find it just by searching on Google or whatever for MSF, and that will take you to the right place as well.
你可以在本集的描述中找到相关链接。
And you'll find a link, in the description of this episode.
所以,这正是我想在本集开头说的内容。
So that's just what I wanted to say at the beginning of the episode.
现在,让我们把注意力转向史蒂文准备的测验。
Now it's time to turn our attention to the quiz, which Steven has prepared.
史蒂文,今天给我准备了什么内容?
Steven, what's what's in store for me today?
和去年一样,顺便说一句,你刚才说的那番话非常重要。
Well, just like last year, and I should say excellent start, by the way, that was really important what you said there.
不过,和过去几年一样,我们准备了20个问题。
But, yeah, just the same as we did we have done for the last few years, there are 20 questions.
所以我建议,如果你在散步之类的时候,可能有点难,但如果你在家,不妨拿张纸,试着记录一下你的得分。
So I would recommend, you know, if you're walking along or something like that, maybe it's a bit more difficult, but if you're at home, maybe just get a piece of paper or something and try and keep track of your score.
所以每答对一题,你可以给自己打个勾,比如一分、两分这样。
So if you get one right, you can give yourself a little tick, you know, but something out of one, something out of two.
在每道题之后,我会尽量记得今年说一下卢克目前得了多少分,从一分到二十分累计。
And after every question, I'm going to try to remember this year to say how much Luke has got so far, how many points Luke has got so far, going from one to 20.
我记得你之前说过,你其实查了过去几年的得分。
I think you said that you've actually found what you got for the last few years.
对吧?
Right?
你想要说一下吗?
Did you wanna say that?
我查过了。
I checked.
我查了,看到了我以前的分数。
I've checked, and I I've seen my previous scores.
所以目前的情况是这样的。
So here's how it's this is the current state of things.
在2022年我们第一次做这个测试时,我得了15分满分20分,我觉得75%是一个不错的分数。
So in 2022, when we first did this, I got 15 out of 20, which I considered to be a respectable score of 75%.
顺便说一下,我其实已经整理出了一套评分体系。
By the way, I've worked out I've kind of come up with a a sort of grading system.
总的来说,以我的标准,60%就是及格线。
So, essentially, 60% is the pass mark as far as I'm concerned.
对吧?
Right?
低于60分就是不及格。
Anything less anything less than 60 is is a fail.
我不知道不及格或及格会有什么后果。
I don't know what happens if you fail or pass this exam.
我不知道。
I don't know.
你基本上会被发射到太空中。
You get you get basically fired out into space.
你不再被允许生活在地球上。
You're not allowed to live on Earth anymore.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以如果你得分低于60%,你就会被射向太空,因为你对地球上的事情一无所知。
That's the way so you get less than 60%, then you will be shot out into space, you know, for not knowing what's going on on Earth.
但你肯定有一次得分低于60%。
But but you you must have got less than 60% on one of them.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
很抱歉这么说。
I'm sorry to say this.
我敢肯定有一年你的得分低于
I'm sure there has been one year that you've got less than
60%。
60%.
那年我得了75%,相当于B。
Year, I got 75%, which gave me a b.
对吧?
Right?
所以,60%到69%是C,70%到79%是B,80%到89%是A,90%到100%是A+。
So if 60 to 69% is a c, 70 to 79 is a b, 80 to 89 is an a, 90 to a 100, that's an a star.
明白吗?
Okay?
这就是评分标准。
That's the rate.
如果你的成绩在五十几分,那就是D。
Anything less than that in your fifties, it's a d.
再低的话,基本上就是F。
Anything less than that is an f, basically.
对吧?
Right?
差不多就是这样。
Something like that.
这个系统太模糊了。
This is a vague this is vague system.
所以第一年,我得了15分(满分20分)。
But so first year, I got 15 out of 20.
2023年,我确实进步了,得了16分(满分20分),似乎超过了去年的成绩。
2023, I actually improved, and I got 16 out of 20 and beat my previous year, it seems.
但去年我表现糟糕,只得了8.5分(满分20分)。
But then last year, I dropped the ball, and I got only eight and a half out of 20.
所以我认为这已经低于50%的一般尊严线,进入了F等级。
So I I and I consider that to be dropping below the general dignity level of 50% and into the f range.
这当然低于60%的及格线。
So that is certainly less than the 60% pass mark.
我被弹射到了太空中。
I was fired out into space.
我设法使用了《星球大战》中莱娅公主的技巧,是第几集来着?
I managed to use the princess Leia technique from, star wars episode what?
我记不清了。
Is it I can't remember.
《星球大战》第八集?
Star Wars episode eight?
那种有争议的莱娅公主原力太空飞行技巧——她即使被冻住,也能用原力从太空中飞回来。
The controversial princess Leia force spaceflight technique where she manages to fly back from space using the force even though she's frozen.
总之,熟悉《星球大战》系列的人会明白我在说什么。
Anyway, people who's people who are familiar with the star wars franchise will know what I'm talking about.
其他人只会觉得我疯了。
Other people will just think I've lost my my my mind.
有点儿。
Slightly.
是的。
Yeah.
只是稍微有点。
Just slightly slightly.
或者不管怎样,我能做到吗?
Or anyway, so can I do that?
我过去三年的平均分是13.1666666667,基本上四舍五入到66%。
My average score over the last three years is 13.1666666667, which basically rounds up to 66%.
我想努力超越66%这个平均分。
I wanna try and beat 66% my average.
如果我得分低于8.5%,我就又会被扔回太空,得想办法自己回来。
If I get if I get worse than 8.5%, then I'll I'll be fired back out into space again, and I'll have to find my way back.
希望我能通过。
Hopefully, I will pass.
希望我能至少拿到12分,但咱们走着瞧吧。
Hopefully, I'll get at least 12, but let's see.
但最重要的是,听众们,当你们答对的问题比我还多时,你们能超过我吗?
But the main thing, listeners, are you able to beat me when you get more questions right than I am?
我想我们真的该开始测验了。
I think we really need to start the quiz now.
嗯。
Yeah.
我们开始吧。
Let's do it.
拜托了,天哪。
Like, come on for crying out loud.
什么时候开始啊?
When's it gonna start?
好的。
Okay.
和往常一样,你会留一点小小的空档,这样你就不会立刻说出自己的答案,给听众一些思考和记录答案的时间。
And as usual, you're gonna leave a little little break so that you don't say your own answer straight away so that the, there's some breathing room, thinking room for, the listener to jot down their answer or just think their answer and
嗯。
Yeah.
等等。
Etcetera.
嗯。
Yeah.
如果各位听众不介意的话,我会试着大声说出我的答案。
I if you don't mind, listeners, I mean, I'm gonna try to, say my answers out loud.
我会试着,我的意思是,我会把我的思考过程说出来。
I'm gonna try I mean, I'm gonna say out my my thinking.
我会边想边说,所以在得出答案之前,我会稍微啰嗦一下。
I'm gonna think out loud so I will ramble a little bit while thinking before I actually arrive at the the answer.
如果各位不介意,我也要拿一张纸。
I'm gonna get a piece of paper for myself as well, if you don't mind.
好的。
Okay.
给你。
There you go.
现在是大家拿纸的时候了,如果你有的话。
That's your time to grab some paper, everyone, if you're so.
好的。
Okay.
我们都准备好笔和纸了。
We've all got our we've got pens and paper ready.
好的。
Okay.
我们开始吧。
Let's do this.
好的。
Okay.
我们开始了。
Here we go.
所以我们从一月开始,这一年正是从一月开始的,而且我们是从美国开始的。
So we're starting in January as the year does start, and we're starting in The United States.
唐纳德·特朗普在一月第二次当选总统,并邀请了他朋友、世界首富埃隆·马斯克来管理一个新政府机构。
Donald Trump became president for a second time in January, and he roped in his friend, the richest person in the world, Elon Musk, to run a new government agency.
这个新政府机构的目标是为美国政府节省大量资金。
The aim of this government agency was to save the United States government lots of money.
那个新政府机构的名字是什么?
What was the name of that new government agency?
对。
Right.
好的。
Okay.
我想我知道答案。
I think I know the answer.
我很高兴我能以一个良好的开端开始这个测验。
I'm I'm I'm relieved that I'm gonna start the quiz in the in the in a good way.
所以,听众们,你们知道埃隆·马斯克设立的这个政府机构叫什么名字吗?
So, listeners, do you know the name of the government of of, the government agency that Elon Musk set up?
这其实也是一个网络迷因的引用,就是那个互联网上人人都爱的狗狗,它有个搞笑的名字。
It's also kind of like a meme reference, a reference to a meme, isn't it, of that dog that dog that everyone on the Internet loves so much, which is it's got its own funny name.
所以,这是个缩写,对吧,听众们?
So it's an acronym, isn't it, listeners?
你们还记得这个缩写吗?
Do you remember the acronym?
是‘人人部’、‘政府效率部’吗?
So it's department of everyone, department of governmental efficiency?
是‘政府效率部’还是‘政府性效率部’?我想我会说‘政府效率部’,简称DOGE。
Is it department of government efficiency or department of governmental I think I'm gonna say the department of government efficiency or DOGE for short.
干得好,卢克。
Well done, Luke.
你答对了一道题,满分。
You have got one out of one.
是的。
Yes.
太棒了。
Excellent.
干得好。
Nice one.
太棒了。
Excellent.
就是这样。
There we go.
第一个完成了。
That's the, first one done.
是的。
Yes.
DOGE,d-o-g-e,政府效率部。
DOGE, d o g e, the Department of Government Efficiency.
没错。
That's right.
它是由埃隆·马斯克在今年早些时候,根据特朗普总统的命令设立的,目的是节省大量资金。
It was set up by Elon Musk under the orders of President Trump early this year with the aim of saving lots of money.
马斯克最初表示,他希望削减2万亿美元,找到2万亿美元的节省额度。
Musk said originally that he was hoping to cut $2,000,000,000,000, find $2,000,000,000,000 worth of savings.
但他没能做到这一点。
He didn't manage to do that.
而且要确切知道他最终到底节省了多少,真的很难。
And it's a bit it's really difficult to find how much, he did actually manage to save in the end.
但美国国税局——也就是负责征税等事务的政府收入机构——
But the IRS, who is the government revenue service, they're the people who collect taxes and things like that.
他们发布了一份报告,称DOGE的整体影响实际上可能会让美国损失一些资金,因为所节省的金额相对较小,但因削减而导致的收入损失却相当可观。
They actually made a report saying that the overall effect of Doge was actually probably going to cost The US a bit of money because the savings that it made were relatively small, but there was actually gonna be a lot of revenue lost in the form of of cuts.
所以你可别说是从我这儿听说的,但国税局——也就是税务部门——就是这么说的。
So you didn't hear it from me, but that's what the the the IRS said, the tax people.
以削减形式的收入。
Revenue in the form of cuts.
我是说,减税。
I mean, tax cuts.
是的,我认为是这样。
Yes, I think so.
没错。
Yeah.
所以,他们在减税方面获得的金额,无论如何都会被削减。
So the amount that they get in, in tax cuts, would be cut or something like that anyway.
好的。
Okay.
国税局表示,Doge的整体影响实际上是略微负面的,而非正面的。
The IRS said that the overall effect of Doge would actually be slightly negative rather than positive.
天哪。
Oh gosh.
有点奇怪。
A bit weird.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
有意思。
Interesting.
是的。
Yes.
一比一,卢克。
One out of one, Luke.
精彩的开局。
Brilliant start.
到目前为止是100%。
100% so far.
好的。
Okay.
我们坚持在一月份。
We're sticking in January.
如果你查过的话,维基百科的条目本可以帮助你解决这个问题。
If you were, the little Wikipedia entry might have helped you with this one.
不管怎样,我本来也不知道这个。
Anyway, I didn't know that anyway.
同样在一月份,一款中国的人工智能聊天机器人以其出色的表现震惊了业界。
Also in January, a Chinese artificial intelligence chatbot surprised the industry with how good it was.
而人工智能科技股损失了数十亿美元,尽管此后已经回升。
And AI tech stocks lost billions of dollars, although they've come back since then.
但那个中国人工智能聊天机器人,或者开发它的公司,叫什么名字?
But what was the name of the Chinese AI chatbot or the company which creates it, which has the same name?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
那么,那个聊天机器人的名字是什么?
So what is the name of that chatbot?
那个让世界震惊的中国人工智能聊天机器人,或者创建它的公司,但它们的名字是一样的。
The Chinese AI chatbot, which surprised the world or the company which creates it, but it's the same name.
所以听众们,你们很可能已经知道答案了,但如果你仔细听了,我在前面那段冗长的开场白里已经提到过。
So listeners, of course, you may well already, know the answer, but, if you were listening carefully, I said it in my little rambling, monologue intro earlier.
是的。
Yeah.
这是一个以非常深入的方式搜索信息的聊天机器人。
So the it's this is a chatbot that searches in a very profound way for information.
它是一个大型语言模型。
It's a large large language model.
它是ChatGPT和其他大型语言生成式AI模型的竞争对手,包括谷歌的Gemini等。
It's a rival to ChatGPT and other large language generative AI models, including Google Gemini and stuff.
它是DeepSeek。
It's DeepSeek.
它的名字叫DeepSeek。
DeepSeek is the name of it.
完全正确。
That is absolutely right.
两题全对。
Two out of two.
哇。
Wow.
你表现得太棒了,卢克。
You're flying, Luke.
真不敢相信。
Can't believe it.
两题全对。
Two out of two.
到目前为止,起飞相当成功。
Takeoff has been reasonably successful so far.
让我们看看我能否保持这个轨迹,冲上测验大气层的高层。
Let's see if I can keep this trajectory going and blast up into the upper levels of the quiz mousphere.
测验测验大气层。
Quiz quizmosphere.
那就是测验的氛围。
That's the atmosphere of a quiz.
我不知道自己在说什么。
I don't know what I'm talking about there.
但我刚刚又编了一个叫‘新闻欢乐测验大气层’的东西。
But I just made up just made up a news merry quizmous as well.
嗯。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
对。
Right.
我们继续吧。
Let's move along.
第三题,这是最后一个基于美国的问题,以防有人在想,为什么他总停留在这里?
Number three, this is the last United States based question just in case anybody's thinking, why is he sticking there?
不。
No.
我们马上就要环游世界了。
We're going around the world in a minute.
但在整个一月,美国一个沿海城市发生了大规模野火,摧毁了大量住宅和商业建筑,超过18,000栋房屋和建筑物被毁,造成的损失估计达500亿美元。
But throughout January, there were massive wildfires which destroyed homes and businesses in a coastal city in The United States, destroying over 18,000 homes and buildings and causing an estimated $50,000,000,000 worth of damage.
这些火灾主要发生在哪个城市?
Which city were the fires mostly based around?
对。
Right.
加利福尼亚的听众们,你们一定在报纸上看到过这个新闻。
California City listeners, you must have seen this in the newspapers.
在报纸上。
In the newspapers.
他们还做报纸吗?
They don't do they are there still newspapers?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我买所有卖出去的报纸。
I I I buy all of the newspapers that are sold in yeah.
我是唯一还读纸质报纸的人,卢克。
I'm the only person that still reads physical newspapers, Luke.
是的。
Yes.
它们还在继续。
They're still going.
不。
No.
它们还在继续。
They're going.
是的。
Yeah.
它们让我维持生计。
They're keeping me afloat.
公平地说,当我回到英国时,我特意在超市里停下来翻看报纸,感受一下英国报纸的头条新闻。
To be fair, when I do go back to The UK, I make a point in the supermarket of stopping by the newspapers and just having a good look at them, just getting my feel of newspaper British newspaper headline.
如今它们存在的主要目的就是如此。
Mostly what they exist for these days.
就是为了像你这样的人走过报纸区,看看封面,然后离开。
It's just for people like you to walk past the newspaper section, look at the front covers, and then then walk off.
但,没错。
But, yeah.
其中总有一张凯特·米德尔顿的照片。
There's always a picture of Kate Middleton on there on one of them somewhere.
《每日快报》?
The Daily Express?
是的。
Yes.
通常是。
Usually.
嗯。
Yeah.
那不就是他们的主要卖点吗?
That that's that's their main stock in trade, isn't it?
就是刊登凯特的照片。
It's just publishing pictures of Kate.
Anyway,我们跑题了,问题是美国西海岸哪个沿海城市发生了野火?
Anyway, we're getting distracted from the question, which is Which wildfires in which coastal city on the West Coast Of The United States?
在加利福尼亚。
It's in California.
我表亲住在那里。
My cousin lives there.
那是洛杉矶。
It's Los Angeles.
完全正确。
That is absolutely right.
就是洛杉矶。
It is Los Angeles.
干得好,卢克。
Well done, Luke.
干得好。
Well done.
第三。
Third.
干得好。
Well done.
到目前为止,你赢得了三连胜,这让别人很难与你竞争。
You're making it quite difficult for people to to compete against you so far because you got three out of three.
但话说回来,也许有些听节目的人也取得了三连胜。
But hey, maybe some people who are listening have got three out of three as well.
但再谈谈那些洛杉矶火灾,这些是那些在火灾中失去家园的人。
But to say something else about those Los Angeles fires, these are some of the people who lost their homes in those fires.
梅尔·吉布森、杰夫·布里吉斯、比利·克里斯托、帕里斯·希尔顿、安东尼·霍普金斯、尤金·列维、亚当·布罗迪,还有很多非常有名的人物。
Mel Gibson, Jeff Bridges, Billy Crystal, Paris Hilton, Anthony Hopkins, Eugene Levy, Adam Brody, there are loads of really big names.
那些火灾让我深受触动的一点是,你只会想,如果这种事情能发生在他们身上,那也可能发生在任何人身上。
One thing that really struck me with those fires was that you just think if if it can happen to them, it can happen to anybody.
这真的让你重新审视自己的生活,思考你所拥有的所有物品和类似的东西。
It really makes you kind of put put your life into perspective of all of the, objects that you own and, and things like that.
而且在自然灾害的情况下,往往受到影响的是穷人或没有钱的社区。
And often in in the case of natural disasters, it's like kind of like the poor people or the communities with no money that are affected.
是的。
Yeah.
你可以看到,像这样的气候灾难会影响每一个人。
You can just see the, you know, climate catastrophes like this just affect everyone.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
我想也许只有那些极其富有的人,比如那0.01%的超级富豪,他们拥有好几处位于马里布的房产,即使被烧毁了也不会受到太大影响。
I guess maybe except, like, the very like, the super rich, like, the 00.1% who who are so rich that they can have, like, a couple of properties in Malibu burned to the ground, and they're not that badly affected by it.
但没错,这真是可怕的事情。
But, yes, it's it's terrifying stuff.
所以,我表亲住在洛杉矶,幸运的是,他们的房子没有被烧毁。
So, yeah, my cousin lives in Los Angeles, and luckily, their home didn't burn.
但他们不得不疏散,不得不逃离这座城市,当时部分城区着火,空气中到处都是浓烟。
But they had to evacuate, and they had to escape the city, you know, with parts of it on fire, lots of smoke everywhere in the air.
一定非常吓人。
Must be very frightening.
是的。
Yeah.
被烧毁的区域非常大。
The the area that was burned was just was huge.
我的意思是,那么多房屋,那么多地方,一切都消失了,这真是令人惊讶。
I mean, so so many homes where just and so many areas where everything was was gone, which was just so surprising about it.
而且看到,正如你所说,富人基本上流落街头,或者至少不得不找地方避难,这种景象非常罕见。
And seeing well, yeah, as you say, like rich people basically out on the streets or not on the streets, but, you know, having to take shelter somewhere, which is such a rare thing to to see.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
但是
But
但你表弟还好吗?
but he was alright, your your cousin?
幸运的是,他和家人在家中安然无恙。
Thankfully, him, his family were absolutely fine in his home.
是的。
Yes.
他们从火灾中幸免于难。
Was saved from the fire.
他们正好位于两场大火之间的一个区域。
They were just, like, between two of the fires in an area just between.
幸运的是,火势没有向那个方向蔓延,两场火都没烧到那里。
And just luckily, it didn't spread in that neither of them spread in, that direction.
但对他们和孩子们来说,一定非常可怕。
But it must have been terrifying for them and his kids.
你知道,他有年幼的孩子。
You know, he's got little kids.
是的。
Yeah.
所以,是啊。
So Yeah.
太可怕了。
Horrible.
是啊。
Yeah.
绝对。
Absolutely.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
对。
Right.
第四个问题。
Question number four.
我们现在直接跳到四月,但4月28日,为什么西班牙和葡萄牙的火车上的人必须疏散?
We're jumping all the way ahead to April now, but on the April 28, why did people have to be evacuated from trains in Spain and Portugal?
4月28日,为什么西班牙和葡萄牙的火车上的人必须疏散?
On the April 28, why did people have to be evacuated from trains in Spain and Portugal?
火车。
Trains.
只有火车吗?
Only trains?
嗯,我知道,我们仍然处于与气候相关的灾难范畴内,我想,除非我搞错了方向。
Well, so well, I know that they're again, we're still in the sort of area of climate related catastrophes here, I think, unless I'm barking up the wrong tree.
我知道西班牙发生过一些环境灾难。
I know that there were some environmental disasters in Spain.
如果我没猜错的话,这同时也包括了葡萄牙的部分地区。
I guess it's if I'm right, then this also included it also included Portugal, parts of it.
我想,如果我在想洪水的话,人们一定从很多地方被疏散了。
I I suppose people were must have been evacuated from a number of things if I'm thinking about floods.
洪水肯定也会让人们从家中撤离。
Surely, floods would make people evacuated from their homes as well.
但我很难想象,洪水怎么会让人从火车上撤离呢?如果洪水来得这么快,火车被困住甚至被水包围,那可能是多列火车。
But I can imagine how how could how could a flood make people evacuated from a train if the floodwaters came in so quickly, the train got stranded or even surrounded by water, trains, multiple plural trains.
我觉得是洪水。
I think it's the floods.
我觉得我该说是洪水或泛滥,但我也不太确定具体是怎么回事。
I think I'm gonna say floods or flooding, but I'm not quite sure how.
老实说,我对这个事件的细节并不完全了解,但我还是选洪水这个答案。
And I to be honest, I don't know all the ins and outs of the story, but I'm gonna go with the answer of flooding.
哦。
Oh.
不对。
It's not right.
不。
No.
我们错了一个。
We've got one wrong.
我们错了一个。
We've got one wrong.
一下子从100%跌到了75%。
Dropped from a 100% to 75% in one, in one swell foop.
突如其来。
Fell swoop.
突如其来。
Fell swoop.
就是这样。
That's the way.
swell foop。
Swell foop.
我喜欢这个。
I like that.
不,恐怕不是这样。
No, I'm afraid not.
并不是洪水。
It was not floods.
实际上,虽然你说得对,今年西班牙确实发生了许多火灾,但也不是这个原因。
It actually, it actually, although you're quite right that there were a lot of, fires as well in Spain this year, it wasn't that either, actually.
特别是4月28日,第二天还有一点余波,但在4月28日当天,西班牙和葡萄牙几乎完全断电。
There was on the April 28, in particular, hangover a little bit on the next day, but on the April 28, there was almost complete power cuts in Spain and Portugal just for that day.
影响了伊比利亚半岛几乎所有的地区。
And affected virtually everything on the whole Iberian Peninsula.
哇。
Wow.
因此,你不得不从地下地铁站、地铁列车和地面列车中疏散人员,这就是为什么我选择以列车为切入点,让情况变得稍微复杂一点。
And so you had, people who had to be evacuated from the, underground metro stations, metro trains, overground trains, which is why I stuck to the trains idea to kind of make it a little bit, a little bit more complicated.
当然,当时交通信号灯也无法工作。
And, there was, of course you didn't have traffic lights working.
所以街上必须有警察指挥交通,处理各种状况。
So you had to have, people in the streets, police in the streets, navigating all of the traffic and things like that.
为了准备这个问题,我试着查找停电的原因。
And do you know what, in preparation for this question, I was trying to find what the cause of the power cuts were.
但到目前为止,这似乎仍是一个未被完全理解的问题。
And it's it just still doesn't seem to be a fully understood thing.
似乎是在某个特定地点发生了故障,引发了一系列连锁反应:电力 surge 传到下一个地方,导致它断电,接着又引发下一个地方的 surge 和断电。
It seems to be a bit of a random event that there was something went wrong in one particular pace place, and it had a bit of a domino effect of, like a surge in power going to the next one, which knocked that one off, which surged the power to the next one and knocked that one off.
最终,这场停电蔓延到了整个西班牙和葡萄牙,甚至波及了法国东南部的一小部分地区。
And it eventually went spread to the whole of, Spain and Portugal and a little bit of the Southeast Of France as well.
因此,第四个问题的答案很简单:停电。
And so, the answer to question four is simply power cuts.
所以,如果你回答类似‘电力下降’、‘停电’、‘断电’或‘大范围停电’这样的说法,都能得分。
So, or if you said something like a drop in electricity, power cuts, electricity cut, something like that, blackouts, that will get you the point.
所以,你现在要赢过卢克,你得答对第四题。
So for you to be beating Luke right now, you need to have, have have got number four.
就是这样。
There you go.
停电之类的。
Power cuts or something like that.
卢克,你没听到吗?
Did did you miss that, Luke?
你不知道发生这件事了吗?
Did you did you not know that that happened?
我想这解释了4月28日伊比利亚半岛播客收听数据的下滑,斯蒂文,你在查看播客数据时不可能没注意到。
Well, I suppose this explains, the dip in podcast listening statistics for the April 28 in in the Iberian Peninsula, which you can't have you can't have missed, Steven, when looking at your podcast stats.
这一天的数据怎么突然归零了?
What happened here on just zero for this particular day?
我这是在开玩笑的。
I'm joking there, really.
我没注意到。
I didn't notice.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我不知道那件事。
So I wasn't aware of that.
但话又说回来,我确实听说那个地区发生了一次大规模停电。
But having said that, I I did hear I did hear about a massive power outage, in that area.
我只是没把那件事和那个特定的日期联系起来。
I just hadn't quite placed it on that date on that particular date.
你说他们到现在还不知道确切的原因。
You say that they they still don't know exactly what caused it.
我想那就只有一个可能的答案了。
I think there's only one possible answer then.
肯定是外星人干的。
It must be aliens.
嗯。
Yeah.
对吧?
Right?
当我们……时,这是唯一的合理结论。
That's the only logical conclusion when we
这是唯一合理的假设。
It's the only reasonable thing to assume.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
我也这么想。
I think so.
确实很对。
It's it's Quite right.
嗯。
Yeah.
外星人试图阻止我们所有人,或者阻止我们认识到地球是平的这个真相。
Aliens trying to prevent us all under or or trying to stop us from realizing the truth that the earth is flat.
我认为这就是正在发生的事情,很明显。
I think that's what's going on there, obviously.
就是这样。
That's what it is.
说到外星人,第五个问题。
Speak speaking of aliens, question five.
外星人知道吗?
Do aliens know?
好啊,哦,该死。
Good oh oh, damn.
我还以为这是要自然过渡到关于外星人的问题了。
I thought that was a genuine transition to a question about aliens.
是的。
It is.
有一半是。
It half is.
问题五。
Question five.
四月,还发生了一次由杰夫·贝佐斯的私人航天公司蓝色起源运营的全女性太空飞行。
Also in April, an all female spaceflight took place using Jeff Bezos' private space company Blue Origin.
谁是这次飞行的流行歌手?
Which which pop star was on board?
四月,还发生了一次由杰夫·贝佐斯的——是叫贝佐斯吗?你怎么念的?
So also in April, an all female spaceflight took place using Jeff Bezos' is it Bezos or how do you say that?
杰夫·贝佐斯。
Jeff Bezos.
贝佐斯。
Bezos.
如果是所有格,那就是杰夫·贝佐斯的。
If it's if it's possessive, Jeff Bezos's.
对。
Yeah.
杰夫·贝佐斯的私人航天公司蓝色起源, onboard 的流行歌手是谁?
Jeff Bezos's private space company Blue Origin, which pop star was on board?
不。
No.
我知道这个。
I do know this.
这就对了。
There we go.
亲爱的。
And, dear.
我觉得,老实说,他们有点让自己出洋相了,因为她下来后,拍了一个Instagram视频之类的,说:‘我做这一切是为了世界。’
I think, to be honest, I feel like they made fools of themselves a little bit because she came down, and then she made this she she did this video on Instagram or something where she was talking about how, oh, I just this I did this for the world.
我这么做是为了全世界的人。
I did this for everyone in the world.
你的意思是,你乘坐了一次极其昂贵的太空飞行,消耗了成千上万吨的火箭燃料,将大量排放物倾入大气层,污染了整个地球,只是为了能升到太空边缘看看地球——甚至都不是真正的太空,我觉得。
You mean you took an incredibly expensive, flight into space that burned up, like, however many, kilos or tons of rocket fuel, pouring all of the emissions into the atmosphere, polluting it all for the world's population so that you could go up and see the Earth from the edge of space, not even full space, I think.
然后她告诉我们,她这么做是为了我们。
And then she told us that she did it for us.
这怎么可能是为了我们呢?
How is that for us?
我不明白。
I don't understand.
这让我很反感。
So it annoyed me.
这让我很反感,正因如此,我才记得是凯蒂·佩里。
It annoyed me, and and that's why I remember, that it was Katy Perry.
对。
Yeah.
就是凯蒂·佩里。
It was it was Katy Perry.
你精准地抓住了这个问题,也准确指出了她从太空回来后人们对她的主要批评。
And you have nailed this question, and you've also nailed the main criticism that people had of her when when she came down from that.
没错,完全正确。
Yeah, exactly right.
当时观众对她的反应似乎负面远多于正面,她不仅飞上太空,还在途中和返回时唱歌。
There was it seemed to be much more negative than positive, the the, audience reaction to her going up, into space, singing on the way and singing on the way back.
但那确实算太空,因为她飞越了那个特定的界限——我现在想不起名字了,这意味着他们确实进入了太空。
It did count as space though because she went above that certain, barrier, which I can't remember the name of now, which means that she they did go into space.
但没错,就是这样。
But yeah, that's right.
那是和杰夫·贝佐斯的公司,还有他妻子——我记不起她名字了——以及几位其他人一起的。
It was, with Jeff Bezos' company with his wife that I can't remember the name of, and a few a few others.
给你。
Here you go.
我本该知道这些事的。
I should know these things.
对吧?
Right?
但嘿,我确实不知道。
But, hey, I don't.
嗯。
Yeah.
干得好。
Well done.
干得好。
Well done.
那就是凯蒂·佩里。
It is Katy Perry.
就是这样。
There you go.
所以你答对了五个中的四个。
So you've got four out of five.
所以你是对的。
So you're right.
卢克,为什么?
Luke, why?
表现得很好。
Doing very well.
很好。
Very well.
那是80%吗?
Is that 80%?
是80%。
It is 80%.
是的。
Yeah.
五分之四。
Four out of five.
80%。
80%.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
让我们看看能否保持这个水平。
Let's see if we can keep that up.
第六个。
Number six.
所以,除了伊比利亚半岛电力崩溃之外,4月28日还发生了另一件事。
So another thing that happened on the April 28 apart from the Iberian Peninsula power collapse.
同样在4月28日,加拿大举行了大选。
Also on the April 28, Canada had a general election.
自由党领袖贾斯汀·特鲁多几个月前已经辞职,因为他的自由党在民调中远远落后于保守党。
Liberal leader, Justin Trudeau had resigned a couple of months before and because the Liberal party, his Liberal party was way below the Conservative party in the polls.
然而,不知怎的,自由党最终反弹并赢得了这次选举。
However, somehow the Liberals did come back and win that election.
接替贾斯汀·特鲁多并现任加拿大总理的人是谁?
What is the name of the leader that took over from Justin Trudeau and is today Canada's prime minister?
哦,这个我真的没法靠猜测来得出答案。
Oh, see, this is just one where I'm not gonna be able to speculate my way towards the answer.
这属于那种你知道那个人的名字,或者你不知道的情况。
This is a you know the person's name or you don't know the person's name.
坦白说,听众朋友们,我不知道那个人的名字。
And, frankly, listeners, I do not know the person's name.
加拿大总理叫什么名字?
What's the name of the Canadian prime minister?
现在还是总理。
Still the prime minister now.
对吧?
Right?
到现在还是。
Still today.
是啊。
Yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
所以这绝对是我不知道的,但我应该知道的事。
So this is definitely something I should know.
世界上西方主要国家之一的总理,你知道的,世界主要国家之一的总理。
The prime minister of one of the Western world's, you know, major nations, one of the major nations in the world.
我不知道,史蒂文。
I don't know, Steven.
我真的不知道。
I don't know.
我丢了一分。
I've I've lost a point.
该死。
Damn it.
你确实丢了一分。
You have you have lost a point.
我猜如果我告诉你他曾是英格兰银行的行长,你可能还是不知道,对吧?
And I suppose if I tell you that he was formerly the, governor of the Bank of England, that's probably not gonna help, is it?
英格兰银行的行长?
Governor of bank of the Bank of England?
是的。
Yes.
还有加拿大,不过是在不同时间。
And Canada as well, but, yeah, at separate times.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
这对我没有帮助。
That's not helping me.
这不会有帮助。
It's not gonna help.
这不会有帮助。
It's not gonna help.
好吧。
Okay.
他叫马克·卡尼,加拿大总理。
His name is Mark Carney, prime minister of Canada.
马克·卡尼。
Mark Carney.
马克·卡尼。
Mark Carney.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
关于这件事最令人惊讶的地方在于它的发生方式。
The the thing that was so surprising about about this was the way that it happened.
贾斯汀·特鲁多的支持率出现了明显下滑。
There was this real dip in support for Justin Trudeau.
贾斯汀·特鲁多担任加拿大总理大约十年左右。
Justin Trudeau was Prime Minister of Canada for about ten years or something.
他在去年年底和今年年初变得非常不受欢迎。
And he became really unpopular at the end of last year and the beginning of this year.
因此他退位了,马克·卡尼接替他成为自由党的领导人。
And so he stepped aside and Mark Carney came in and took his place as the leader of the Liberal Party.
但保守党在民调中遥遥领先。
But the Conservative Party was so far ahead in the polls.
然后在二月到四月这短短两个月内,他们彻底失去了支持。
And then within the space of two months of between say February and April, they just lost it completely.
自由党卷土重来。
And the Liberals came back.
情况大概是,原本几乎有一半的人打算投票给他们,结果支持率跌到了20%、30%左右。
It was something like, you know, they went from almost half of the people wanting to vote for them down to 20% or some or 30% or something like that.
而自由党却逆势而上,最终赢得了选举。
And the Liberals did the opposite and actually ended up winning.
这背后有好几个可能的原因,但其中一个主要因素,你先说吧。
And there's a few different factors that this could be attributed to, but one of the main ones go ahead.
我本来想说,如果你允许的话,我想推测一下这些因素。
I was gonna say, I'm just if you can let me speculate on the factors.
请说。
Please do.
嗯。
Yeah.
你说保守党之前领先很多,但到了二月到三月再到四月,他们的民调突然大幅下滑。
You're saying that conservatives were were way ahead, and then February into March into April comes along, and suddenly they there's their their their polling dips dramatically.
没错。
Exactly.
是因为保守党在天冷的时候表现特别好吗?
Is is it that the conservatives do very well when there's when it's cold?
而当天气变暖、雪融化时,大家就开始想,你知道吗?
And when the when the weather warms up and the snow melts, everyone's like, you know what?
我感觉舒服多了。
I'm I'm a bit more comfortable.
我觉得我该投自由党了。
I I think I'm gonna vote liberal.
这是原因吗?
Is that the reason?
加拿大降雪量和保守党支持率之间有相关性吗?
Is there a correlation between snowfall and support for the conservative party in Canada?
基于我有限的知识,这是我能想到的唯一原因,但你马上就要告诉我们其他可能的因素了。
That's the only thing I can think of based on my basic knowledge, but you're about you're gonna tell us what the other factors could be.
我正等着你这么说呢。
Expecting you to say that.
我得说,我本来以为你要提到那几个真正相关的观点之一,但不,这个并不在其中。
I've gotta say, I I thought you were about to say, one of the couple of ideas that that that genuinely, are, but, no, that that is not one of them.
不过,也许你该做个政治分析师,开始把气候和政治投票联系起来。
Although, maybe you should become a political analyst and start, right, you know, mixing the, the the climate and the and the politics political voting in there.
气候正在驱动一切,史蒂文。
Climate's climate's driving everything, Steven.
确实如此。
It is.
某种程度上是的。
It is in a way.
也许没那么直接,但是
Maybe not quite as directly as that, but
嗯。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我刚才说的,你提到的更像是天气而不是气候。
I've I've been what you were talking about was slightly more weather rather than climate.
如果只是 day to day,比如今天稍微暖和一点,我可能还是会投自由党。
If it's just a day to day, you know, or a bit bit warmer today, maybe I can vote liberal anyway.
不。
No.
总之,那不是我要说的。
Anyway, that was not it.
不。
No.
我就觉得是这样。
I thought so.
当时有几件事。
There was there was a few there were a few things.
我的意思是,一方面是有新面孔,但部分原因可能是,大多数分析人士都同意,这与唐纳德·特朗普谈论加拿大成为第51个州、对加拿大加征关税之类言论有关。
I mean, one thing is just having a fresh face, but part of it was probably, you know, for most of analysts seem to agree that it was the way that Donald Trump was talking about Canada becoming the fifty first state and putting tariffs on Canada and things like that.
当时出现了强烈的反弹,加拿大民族主义情绪复兴,而这实际上有利于自由党——也就是不被唐纳德·特朗普支持的一方,因为特朗普希望保守党获胜。
And there was this backlash, this kind of revival of of Canadian nationalism, which happened, which actually benefited the party which was, well, liberal, you know, the the the side which was not supported, by, Donald Trump, who Donald Trump wanted the conservatives to to win.
而保守党领袖皮埃尔,发现很难与特朗普划清界限。
And the conservative, leader, Paulievre, he found it quite difficult to distance himself from Trump.
而且他还需要那些喜欢特朗普及其类似想法的人的选票。
And also he needed the votes of people who did like, like Trump and that kind of idea.
因此,有一种观点认为,特朗普正是通过激发这种民族主义情绪,间接帮助自由党赢得了那次选举。
So so there is this kind of way of seeing it where you can actually say, that, Trump actually helped the liberals to win, that election in that way by driving this this this nationalism, which actually helped the, Liberals.
事实上,我不太想过多宣传我的播客,因为我在本集开头已经提过了。
And in fact, I I I don't wanna plug my podcast too much because I already did that at the beginning of this episode.
不过,你之前是不是请过布里做过嘉宾?
But with, Brie you've had Brie on on here before, haven't you?
是的。
Yes.
我们谈过如何让孩子成为双语者。
We we talked about, raising kids to be bilingual.
哦,真好。
Oh, lovely.
布里·艾西。
Brie Aisy.
嗯。
Yeah.
布里·艾西。
Brie Aisy.
嗯。
Yeah.
她几周前上过《简单英语每日新闻》,我们当时聊过这个话题。
She was on, Simple English News Daily, a few weeks ago, and we spoke about this.
这是一份非常非常好的分析。
And, it's a really, really good analysis.
所以她能比我更好地描述当时发生的事情。
So she can describe it much better than than I just have of what happened.
Brie说,她一生中从未在加拿大见过这种民族主义的兴起,而这种兴起正是由这件事引发的。
And it was really interesting to see this rise in, in Canadian nationalism, Brie said she hadn't seen in Canada during her lifetime, and it was kind of caused by by this.
就是这样。
There you go.
我本该猜到的,因为显然,特朗普上台对全世界各国都产生了深远影响,尤其是对加拿大,毕竟我们是邻国,而且他们还说加拿大是第五十一个州,发表了各种极具攻击性的言论,甚至还谈到了格陵兰。
I should have guessed that because, obviously, Trump coming in had profound effects on everyone, you know, in terms of nations in the world, but certainly on Canada because, obviously, next door neighbors, but also that they said that Canada was the fifty first state and making all of these sort of very, what's the word for, aggressive statements, and also talking about Greenland.
你知道,他们谈论占领格陵兰,自然地,加拿大人看到这些后会想,我们以前觉得他像个小丑,但如今他权力大增。
You know, talking about, occupying Greenland and just so naturally, of course, the Canadians, they look at that and they think, well, obviously, we used to see him as some sort of clown, but he's a lot more empowered these days.
也许他其实是认真的。
Maybe he's actually serious
嗯。
Mhmm.
考虑到他所做的一些事情。
Considering some of the things that he's done.
我们必须认真对待这一点。
We need to take that quite seriously.
因此,自然地,这促使了对保守派的迅速反击,正如你所说,他们曾受到特朗普的支持。
So, naturally, that caused a rather rapid move against, the conservatives who, as you say, were kind of backed by Trump.
是的。
Yeah.
你可以想象,加拿大人会如何几乎惊慌失措地远离这一选项,转而选择更具有加拿大特色、更偏向加拿大的方向。
You can imagine how how the Canadians would run essentially run screaming from that option towards, you know, something a lot more, Canadian you know, Canada oriented.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
就这样了。
That's it.
总之,好吧。
Anyway, okay.
所以这是第六条。
So that was, number six.
所以你已经完成了六条中的四条。
So you've got four out of six.
所以我们只剩下66.66666了,我想。
So we're down to 66.66666, I think.
是吗?
Yeah?
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
That's right.
我刚刚高于及格线,目前还算安全,但我们还有14道题要回答。
I'm just hovering above the pass mark here, but I'm still safe at the moment, but we've got 14 questions yet to come.
没错。
That's right.
好的。
Okay.
一切皆有可能。
Everything to play for.
一切皆有可能。
Everything to play for.
第七题:根据联合国的数据,哪个亚洲城市超过了东京,成为世界上人口最多的城市?
Number seven, which Asian city overtook Tokyo to become the most populous city in the world according to the United Nations.
联合国最近调整了统计方式并进行了新的调查,宣布世界上人口最多的城市已经不再是东京。
So the United Nations did a new well, they slightly changed their way of counting and did a new survey, and they have declared that the most populous city in the world is not Tokyo anymore.
这是亚洲的另一个城市。
It's another city, which is in Asia.
是哪个城市?
Which city is that?
对。
Right.
让我再稍微绕开问题一点,让听众思考一下。
So let me again, let me just talk around the question a little bit while the listeners think.
是的,东京确实非常庞大。
So, yes, Tokyo, certainly massive.
我曾经住在那附近,也去过东京市中心的摩天大楼。
And I've been you know, I lived near there and have been up skyscrapers in the center of Tokyo.
当你站在东京市中心一座非常高大的建筑顶端俯瞰时,放眼望去,到处都是建筑和混凝土,直到地平线。
And you look out from the top of a very tall building in the center of Tokyo, and all you can see is sort of just built up area concrete, if you like, until the horizon in some directions.
你根本看不到绿色植被。
You know, you don't start to see greenery.
你根本看不到任何东西。
You just don't see any.
放眼望去,城市一直延伸到地平线,而你正站在一座非常高大的建筑顶端。
It's just city all the way to the horizon, and you're standing at the top of a very tall building.
这个大都市延展得令人难以置信。
It's quite unbelievable how the metropolis stretches out.
它包含了其他城市和城镇。
It incorporates other cities and towns.
这真的太不可思议了。
And just it's just unbelievable.
但显然,它已不再是世界上人口最多的城市了。
But no longer apparently the the most populous city in the world then.
但我想,我知道,因为我读过这方面的内容。
But I think well, I know because I read about this.
我做了一些功课。
I did a bit of homework.
我正在读那篇维基百科文章。
I was reading that Wikipedia article.
它是印度尼西亚的雅加达,印度尼西亚的首都。
It's Jakarta in Indonesia, the capital of Indonesia.
雅加达现在据联合国称是世界上人口最多的城市。
It is Jakarta, which is now apparently the most populous city in the world according to the UN.
是这样吧,对不对?
Is that that's right, isn't it?
没错。
That is right.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
干得好。
Well done.
干得好,卢克。
Well done, Luke.
那就是雅加达。
It is Jakarta.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
印度尼西亚的首都。
The capital city of Indonesia.
是的。
Yeah.
根据联合国最新的数据,雅加达现在是世界上人口最多的城市。
Jakarta is now the most popular city in the world according to this new United Nations data.
事实上,根据这份数据,东京甚至已经不是第二了。
And in fact, Tokyo isn't even second anymore according to this.
现在第二是孟加拉国的首都达卡,第三是东京。
Second now is Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, and third is Tokyo.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
但前三个城市都在亚洲。
But they go they're they're all in Asia, are the the top three.
是的。
Yeah.
就是这样。
That's it.
干得好。
Well done.
干得漂亮,卢克,作业完成得真不错。
Nice, nice homework doing there, Luke.
你答对了七个中的五个。
You've got five out of seven.
是的。
Yeah.
我表现得还不错。
I'm doing okay.
我表现得还不错。
I'm doing okay.
听众们,你们进展如何?
Listeners, how are you getting on?
你们在计分吗?
Are you keeping score?
如果你们在计分,肯定有人已经得了七分。
If you are, there'll be someone out there with seven.
某个聪明的人。
Some some clever person.
有位听众送了七,所以他得了七分,这位听众得了七分。
Some a a listener to send seven has got seven, And the listener's got seven.
你看,七就是送七。
You see seven is send seven.
所以我得了七分。
So I've got seven points.
我们喜欢数字七。
We love the number seven.
我们来看看你能不能拿到八分。
Let's see if you can get to eight, though.
嗯。
Yeah.
因为这不是送八的播客,对吧?
Because it's not send it's not the send eight podcast, is it?
不对。
No.
不是。
It's not.
不是。
It's not.
好的。
Okay.
5月8日,教皇利奥在教皇弗朗西斯去世后被选为新教皇。
On the May 8, Pope Leo was chosen as the new pope after the death of Pope Francis.
嗯。
Mhmm.
关于教皇利奥,以下哪一项不正确?
Which of these is not true about Pope Leo?
那么,以下哪一项不正确
So which of these is not true
关于听众,他要给一些有
about Listeners, he's gonna give some There's
四个选项。
four options.
四个选项。
Four options.
其中有一个是不正确的。
One of these is not true.
你需要选出哪个是不正确的。
You've got to choose what's not true.
他是第一位来自美国的教皇。
So he is the first pope from The United States.
他是第一位拥有秘鲁国籍的教皇。
He is the first pope to hold Peruvian nationality.
嗯。
Mhmm.
他是第一位出生于美洲的教皇,或者他是第一位以现代英语为母语的教皇。
He is the first pope born in The Americas, or he is the first pope with modern English as a first language.
其次,如果你能包含一种古老的英语版本。
Second, if you could include an old version of English.
我打算再把所有这些说一遍,因为这相当复杂,尤其是如果你面前没有笔和纸的话。
I'm gonna say that all of those again because it's quite complicated, yes, especially if you're not got a pen and paper in front of you.
所以我会再读一遍所有这些内容。
So I'm gonna read all of those again.
关于教皇利奥,以下哪一项是不正确的?
Which one of these is not true about Pope Leo?
我会用A、B、C、D的方式来表述,这样更清楚。
So I'll say it in the a b c d, make it easier.
A,他是第一位来自美国的教皇。
A, he is the first pope from The United States.
B,他是第一位拥有秘鲁国籍的教皇。
B, he is the first pope to hold Peruvian nationality.
C,他是第一位出生于美洲的教皇。
C, he is the first pope born in The Americas.
或者D,他是第一位以现代英语为母语的教皇。
Or d, he is the first pope with modern English as a first language.
其次,如果你包含古英语。
Second, if you include old English.
哦,好的。
Oh, okay.
因为曾经有一些古老的教皇使用的是古英语。
Because there have been some old popes who had old English A
一千年前。
thousand years ago.
真的吗?
Really?
好的。
Okay.
有可能。
Potentially.
有可能。
Potentially.
所以最后一个选项是第一位以现代英语为母语的教皇。
So that last option is the first pope with who speaks modern English as his first language.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
好的。
Okay.
我以为你要说,我以为他会是第一位会飞的教皇。
I thought you're gonna add an I thought it was gonna be he he's the first pope who can fly.
他是第一位拥有超能力的教皇。
He's the first pope who who has been who's got superpowers.
那我们来看看。
I'd so let's see.
我们来看看。
Let's see.
他出生在美国,各位听众。
I he was born in in The United States, listeners.
他出生在美国。
He was born in the in The United States.
出生在美国。
Born in The USA.
他确实如此。
He was.
所以他出生在美国。
So he was born in The USA.
对吧?
Right?
我们都知道这一点。
We know this.
第一位来自美国的美国籍教皇。
First first American first pope from The US.
但他有秘鲁血统。
But he's got Peruvian roots.
我猜他的父母是秘鲁人,所以他可能拥有秘鲁护照和秘鲁国籍,同时也来自美国。
I guess his parents are Peruvian, so I guess he has a Peruvian passport, Peruvian nationality, as well as being, from The US.
而且他必须会说现代美式英语。
And he's gotta speak, you know, modern American English.
所以,你提到他是第一位出生在美洲的教皇,这确实是事实。
So it has to be the fact that he's you said first pope born in The Americas.
但当你说到‘美洲’时,这包括了美国。
When you say The Americas, though, that that includes The United States.
所以这是正确的。
So that is true.
那么怎么能,怎么能
So how can how how can
所以我们正在找那个不正确的说法。
So we're looking for the one which is not true.
没错。
Exactly.
所以如果他出生在美国,那么他也出生在美洲,因为美国就在美洲之内。
So so if he was born in The USA, then he then he is also born in The Americas because they're that's the same USA in The Americas.
我要不要再把它们全部读一遍,以便你澄清一下?
Shall read shall I read them all again just to so you can clarify this?
好了,开始。
Here we go.
它们都以‘他是第一个’开头。
They they all start with he is the first.
哦,第一个。
Oh, first.
对。
Right.
所以是三个。
So it's it's three
他是第一位出生于美国的教皇。
He is the first pope born in The United States.
B 是第一位拥有秘鲁国籍的教皇。
B is he is the first pope to hold Peruvian nationality.
C 是第一位出生于美洲的教皇。
C is he is the first pope born in The Americas.
D 是第一位以现代英语为母语的教皇。
And d is he is the first pope with modern English
对。
Right.
以英语为第一语言。
As first language.
我认为他是第一位来自美国的教皇,第一位拥有秘鲁国籍的教皇,但不是第一位来自美洲的教皇,因为显然我们之前有过其他教皇。
I think he's first pope from The US, first pope with the Peruvian nationality, but not first pope from The Americas because, of course, we had, we've had other popes.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。