本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嗯,你好。
Well, hello.
我叫马克·麦克雷,你现在收听的是《Man Listen》播客。
My name is Mark McCray, and you are now listening to the Man Listen podcast.
这是一个探讨身为有色人种男性在这个世界所承受的压力、痛苦与意义的地方,任何有色人种男性都知道,这并不容易。
This is a place where we unpack the pressure, pain, and purpose of being a man of color in this world, which any man of color knows it ain't easy.
我先说明一下,这个播客是关于心理健康的,但我个人,马克·麦克雷,并非医生或执业医师,也没有资格对任何人进行分析、诊断或治疗任何心理问题。
I will get started by saying that this is a podcast about mental health, but I personally, Mark McCray, am not a doctor or physician, and I am in no way qualified to analyze or diagnose anybody or treat anybody with any sort of mental health issue.
如果你感到自己正经历危机,我强烈建议你寻求专业帮助。
If you feel like you're having a crisis, then I strongly urge you to seek professional help.
然而,这个播客的结构旨在提供一个安全、纯净的空间,进行一场非临床式的真诚对话,讨论有色人种男性所面临的、可能对心理健康产生负面影响的困境。
This podcast, however, is structured around the idea to give a safe, clean space and have a genuine conversation that isn't extraclinical to talk about the struggles that men of color have that could in fact affect our mental health negatively.
这就是我们做这件事的原因。
That's why we're doing this.
而这正是这个播客的全部意义。
And that's the whole purpose of this podcast.
顺便让我介绍一下自己。
Let me introduce myself, by the way.
再说一遍,我叫马克·麦克雷。
Again, my name is Mark McCray.
我有三十多年广播行业经验。
I'm a thirty plus year broadcast veteran.
我一生都是黑人。
Been a black man my entire life.
一天都没错过。
Ain't missed a day.
我明白作为一名黑人,在 navigating 美国、这个世界时会面临怎样的挣扎。
And I do understand the struggles that being a black man can be each and every navigating, you know, America, the world.
在某些场合,我会不会感到某种情绪?
Do I feel a certain way in certain spaces?
当然会。
Absolutely.
我感受到种族隔离吗?
Do I feel segregation?
是的。
Yes.
我感到被误解吗?
Do I feel misunderstood?
一直都有。
All the time.
如果你也有同样的感受,那么你可能会从这里有所收获。
If you feel the same, then maybe you'll get something out of this.
这里不是让你抱怨和发牢骚的地方,这不是重点。
This isn't a place for you to be bitching and complaining about, it's not about that.
这仅仅是关于发泄,而发泄确实也算是抱怨和发牢骚。
It's just about venting and and and I guess that is bitching and complaining.
但更重要的是,这是一个安全的空间,让你的感受或许能得到认同。
But this is more about just, you know, a safe space to kinda have your feelings perhaps validated.
或者学会一些东西,让你意识到:我可能不该有这种感受。
Or maybe learn something that kinda goes, I probably shouldn't feel that way.
所以,我们接下来要讨论的几件事,就是作为黑人男性,社会对我们有一种期望,要求我们忍耐。
So, couple things we'll be discussing in here is just how we as black men, there's an expectation of us to pretty much suck it up.
很多时候,我们从小就被这样教导。
A lot of times we're told that as a young person.
如果你成长于一个文化告诉你‘男子汉要坚强’、‘别哭’、‘自己扛着’的环境,那么这里就是适合你的地方。
If you grew up in an area or at a time where the culture's told you man up, don't cry, handle it, like all that kind of stuff, then this is the right place for you.
完全正确。
Totally.
因为我觉得我们都经历过这些期望和压力。
Because I think we've all experienced that and the expectations.
如果你觉得,自己被不公平地要求去平息局势,或者让非有色人种感到舒适,我们也会在这里讨论这一点。
If you feel that it is your responsibility unjustly to de escalate a situation or to make other people that aren't of color comfortable, we'll be talking about that here as well.
这里为你提供一个空间,去表达、确认并肯定你自己的人性。
So space for you to assert it out, validate and affirm your own humanity.
我们会谈论父职、倦怠、崩溃、情绪和悲伤。
We talk about fatherhoods, burning out, crashing out, emotions, grief.
这个播客中我们会邀请各种人参与,包括治疗师、像你一样的普通人、父亲、兄弟、理发师、艺术家、医生、律师、垃圾清运工,任何背景的人都可以。
We will have people on this podcast that are therapists, that are people just like you, dads, brothers, barbers, artists, doctors, lawyers, garbage men, anybody, any walk of life.
这将是一场非常棒的对话。
So this is going to be a really good conversation.
这只是个开场,让你大致了解我们接下来要讨论的内容。
And this is just an intro to give you an idea of the kind of stuff that we'll be talking about.
我们还会探讨很多其他话题。
We'll also talk about a lot of topics too.
一些可能会引发你思考的事情。
Things, that may get your mind going.
甚至是一些你可以与兄弟们分享并询问他们的内容。
Maybe even things that you can share with the other brothers and ask them a question.
我们也会讨论这些方面。
Like, we'll be talking about those things as well.
非常期待能和你一起踏上这段旅程。
So excited to go on this journey with you.
再次强调,这只是个开场,让你了解我们将要讨论的内容,也希望我们能在途中帮助到一些人。
Again, this is just the intro to give you an idea on what it is we're talking about, and hopefully we can, you know, help some people along the way.
但我同时也鼓励你,让我们放下偏见吧。
But I also encourage you, and let's let the stigma go.
如果你觉得需要找个人倾诉,那就不要犹豫,去寻求心理健康专业人士的帮助。
If you feel that you need to have someone to talk to, then don't hesitate to seek out a mental health professional.
这并不会让你变弱,不会让你不再是男人,也不会让你不再是黑人。
And that doesn't make you weak, doesn't make you less of a man, doesn't make you non black.
这些说法都是无稽之谈。
All that stuff is nonsense.
去寻求帮助吧。
Seek it.
你会从中学会很多,收获很多。
You could learn a lot, and you could gain a lot from it.
那么,让我们开始这段旅程吧。
So let's get this journey started.
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。