本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
好的。
Okay.
看。
Look.
鱼肉玉米饼。
Fish tacos.
我就说这么多。
That's all I'm saying.
来自美国公共媒体,这里是市场计划。
From American public media, this is Market Plans.
在洛杉矶,我是凯·里扎尔。
In Los Angeles, I'm Kai Rizal.
今天是星期三。
It is Wednesday today.
这个是2月4日。
This one is the February 4.
很高兴大家一如既往地陪伴我们。
Good as always to have you along, everybody.
我们今天周三,像往常一样,来看看经济日程。
We begin on this Wednesday as we are won't to do from time to time with an eye on the economic calendar.
劳工统计局今天早上告诉我们,原定于周五发布的1月失业报告将推迟到下周三公布,这很好。
The Bureau of Labor Statistics no longer shut down told us this morning that the January unemployment report originally due on Friday will now show up on Wednesday next, which great.
但在当前这种充满不确定性的时刻,我们试图寻找其他方法来衡量劳动力市场,难道不值得理解吗?
But at this point, can you blame us for trying to find other ways to measure the labor market at this fraught moment?
薪资处理公司ADP今天早上表示,1月份经济仅增加了2.2万个就业岗位。
The payroll processing company ADP said this morning the economy added just 22,000 jobs in January.
市场观察员萨布里·贝内肖尔一整天都在解读这些劳动力市场的蛛丝马迹。
Marketplaces Sabri Benechor spent his day reading those labor market tea leaves.
克拉伦斯·克鲁43岁。
Clarence Clue is 43.
他是自己的老板。
He's his own boss.
他长期以来在纽约从事公关工作,现在觉得是时候拓展新的方向了。
He's worked in PR in New York for a long time, and he is thinking it is time to branch out.
我看出这个行业本身前景堪忧。
I see the writing on the wall for the industry in itself.
企业仍在摸索人工智能的应用。
Businesses are still figuring out AI.
预算被冻结了,所以他正在寻找各种职位。
Budgets are on hold, so he's looking for all kinds of positions.
我们周围的世界正在迅速变化。
The world around us is changing rapidly.
我认为我们也应该开放心态,与时俱进。
I think we should be open to evolving as well.
说起来容易做起来难。
Easier said than done.
我现在对市场感觉如何?
How do I feel about the market right now?
说实话,我觉得有点吓人。
Honestly, I think it's a bit terrifying.
克莱斯并不是唯一有这种感觉的人。
Clue's not alone in feeling that way.
消费者情绪仍然低迷。
Consumer sentiment is still depressed.
话虽如此,就业市场至少看起来是稳定的。
That said, the job market looks to be at least stable.
职位仍在增加,但速度要慢得多。
There's still jobs being added, but it's at a much slower rate.
马克里斯·威尔金斯是美国总承包商协会的市场洞察总监。
Macrina Wilkins is director of market insights at Associated General Contractors of America.
目前很难确切判断,因为政府没有发布官方数据。
It's hard to tell for sure right now because the government isn't releasing official data.
因此,经济学家们正在关注其他指标,比如工资处理机构的报告。
So economists are looking at other things, like what payroll processors are reporting.
一月份,小企业增加了37,000个就业岗位。
January, we saw 37,000 jobs added by small businesses.
这正好与过去一年的月均水平相当。
That's right around the monthly average for the past year.
安德鲁·钱伯林是Gusto公司的首席经济学家,Gusto是一家为五十万家企业提供服务的人力资源平台。
Andrew Chamberlain is chief economist at Gusto, an HR platform serving half a million businesses.
我们没有看到任何迹象表明小企业招聘市场出现了崩盘。
We don't see any evidence of any, like, bottom falling out of the small business hiring market.
事实上,钱伯林持谨慎乐观的态度。
If anything, Chamberlain is cautiously optimistic.
薪酬处理巨头ADP报告称,根据其观察,2024年至2025年间就业增长速率下降了一半,但近期已趋于平稳。
Payroll processing giant ADP reported that from what it sees, the rate of job growth fell by half between twenty twenty four and 2025, but it's been leveling off.
医疗保健行业仍然表现良好。
Health care is still doing well.
钱伯林表示,美联储去年实施的降息措施将开始在就业市场上显现效果。
And Chamberlain says those interest rate cuts the Federal Reserve made last year are gonna start showing up in the job market.
借贷成本正在下降。
Borrowing costs are going down.
如果你和任何小企业主聊聊,他们会用贷款来支付工资和日常运营开支。
And if you talk to any small business owner, they use loans to cover payroll and, like, basic day to day operations.
因此,较低的利率对希望增长的小企业来说就像氧气一样重要。
So those lower interest rates are oxygen for small businesses that wanna grow.
还有其他线索。
There are other clues too.
过去几个月,申请失业保险的人数一直在下降。
The number of people applying for unemployment insurance has been ticking down the past few months.
乔纳森·平格尔是瑞银的首席经济学家。
Jonathan Pingle is chief economist at UBS.
劳动力市场看起来并不在快速增长,但我们预计在1月报告发布时,就业增长将表现良好,并且失业率将下降十分之一个百分点至4.3%。
It does not look like a rapidly growing labor market, but we are expecting decent job gains when the January report is released, and we would expect the unemployment rate ticks down a tenth to 4.3%.
平格尔表示,官方数据确实无可替代,但整体情况还算不错。
Pingel says there really is no substitute for the official numbers, but things are looking okay.
求职者们,坚持下去。
Job hunters, hang in there.
在纽约,我是Sabri Benashore,为您带来Marketplace的报道。
In New York, I'm Sabri Benashore for Marketplace.
今天早上我们获得了一些非政府的官方数据,特别是来自供应管理协会的数据显示,这被称为服务业PMI。
We did get some nongovernmental official numbers this morning, specifically from the Institute for Supply Management, something called their Services PMI.
这是采购经理指数,用普通人能理解的话说,就是衡量经济中服务业健康状况的指标,也就是经济中很大一部分。
That's a Purchasing Managers' Index, which in regular person speak is a measure of the health of the services sector of this economy, that is to say a big chunk of this economy.
具体数字是53.8。
The absolute number is 53.8.
任何高于50的数字都意味着服务业在增长。
Anything above 50 means services are growing.
周一公布的制造业PMI显示,今年一月制造业的扩张幅度是自2022年以来最大的。
The manufacturing PMI, which came in on Monday, showed manufacturing expanded in January by the most it has since 2022.
所以这一切都很好。
So that's all good.
对吧?
Right?
我认为在过于兴奋之前,我们还需要再等等看,如果可以这么说的话。
I think we need to to wait and see before we get overly excited, if I may.
外面有足够的逆风因素,我认为谨慎是必要的。
There's enough headwinds out there that I would be I I'd say caution is warranted.
哦,那是娜达·桑德斯。
Oh, that's Nada Sanders.
东北大学供应链管理教授莫妮卡·戈尔曼也在那里,她是科尔全球顾问公司的管理董事。
Professor of supply chain management at Northeastern University, Monica Gorman there as well, managing director at Kroll Global Advisors.
好的。
Alright.
所以他们持谨慎态度,但为什么呢?
So they are cautious, but why is that?
是的。
Yes.
这相比上个月有了大幅增长,但这是一月。
This is a a jump compared to the previous month, but this is January.
我们刚结束假期季节。
And we're coming off of the holiday season.
我们通常处于补货阶段。
We're typically in a time of reorders.
因此,一月出现一些增长并不完全令人意外。
So it's not not totally surprising that we're seeing some uptick in January.
好的。
Okay.
还有别的吗?
What else?
我们还看到建筑行业的扩张,而这显然是建设数据中心所必需的。
We're also seeing expansion in construction, which, of course, is required to build data centers.
啊,对。
Ah, yes.
人工智能。
AI.
但话说回来,到底有多少人实际在这些数据中心工作呢,各位?
But, also, how many people are actually working in those data centers, gang?
有一点非常明确的是,就业率似乎并没有随之上升。
Of the things that is really clear is that, the employment rate, has not does not seem to to be following.
我认为,如果你看一下就业情况,比如,我们仍在看到就业人数的减少。
I think if you look at employment, for instance, we're continuing to see contractions in employment.
这就是人们会感受到的。
That's what people are gonna be feeling.
正如我们之前说过几次的,我认为新闻头条固然重要,但真正重要的是人们在日常生活中对经济的感受。
As we have said a time or two, I do believe headlines are great, but what really matters is how people are feeling about this economy in their day to day.
我认为我们需要继续观察,看看接下来会如何发展。
I think we're gonna wanna watch and see, where this goes from here.
这是一个趋势,还是在经历了多年低迷之后的一个短暂波动?
Is this a trend, or is this a blip in what has otherwise been a a bit of a downturn for a number of of years?
等着看吧。
Watch and see.
我们会的,而这正是今天华尔街没有发生的事情。
We shall, which is mostly what did not happen on Wall Street today.
科技股领跌。
Tech stocks led the way down.
等我们核算完数据后,会提供详细情况。
We will have the details when we do the numbers.
前几天我早上通勤时绕了个路,停在了南洛杉矶一栋两层楼的亮蓝色和黄色建筑前,就在南加州大学旁边几个街区的地方。
I took something of a detour on my morning commute the other day and stopped at a two story bright blue and yellow building in South Los Angeles just a couple of blocks from the University of Southern California.
好吧。
Alright.
我们到了。
Here we are.
梅尔卡多·拉帕洛玛。
Mercado La Paloma.
这里什么都有。
There's all kinds of stuff in here.
里面是个美食广场,有不少餐厅,还有一些零售店。
Inside, it's a food hall of sorts, a bunch of restaurants, some retail too.
左边第一个摊位是Holbox。
And one of the first spots on the left is Holbox.
这是一家墨西哥海鲜餐厅,拿遍了所有餐饮大奖,包括米其林、詹姆斯·比尔德奖、《洛杉矶时报》和Yelp的奖项。
It's a Mexican seafood restaurant that's won every culinary recognition going from Michelin and James Beard to the Los Angeles Times and Yelp.
一个塔可大约7美元。
A taco cost you around $7.
每周有两个晚上,他们会提供八道菜的品尝菜单。
Two nights a week, they do an eight course tasting menu.
我让你先把那把大刀放下,然后我再跟你握手。
I I'm gonna let you put I'm gonna let you put that big knife down, and then I will shake your hand.
跟厨师聊天,这大概就是职业风险吧。
Occupational hazard, I suppose, when talking to a chef.
早上好。
Good morning.
很高兴见到你。
Good to see you.
我是凯。
I'm Kai.
你怎么样?
How are you?
我很好。
I'm doing great.
吉尔伯托,欢迎来到市场。
Gilberto, welcome to welcome to the Mercado.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我刚说真遗憾我还不是很饿,真的吗?
I was just saying it's a it's a pity I'm not hungry yet because Really?
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
我刚吃过东西,
I just I just ate,
这有点奇怪。
which is weird.
我们得走够久,
We're gonna have to go long enough
让你饿起来。
to make you hungry.
这是我自己的愚蠢决定。
Stupid move on my part.
跟大家介绍一下你自己,还有我们现在在哪。
Tell folks who you are and where we are.
我的名字是吉尔伯托·塞菲纳。
So my name is Gilberto Sefina.
我是位于南洛杉矶拉帕洛玛市场内的Holbox餐厅的主厨和老板。
I'm the chef and owner of Holbox here at Mercado La Paloma in South LA.
Holbox自2017年开业以来,但吉尔伯托厨师来到这个市场的时间要早得多。
Holbox has been open since 2017, but chef Hilberto has been coming to the Mercado way longer than that.
他在这里还拥有一家第二家餐厅。
He owns a second restaurant here.
那家餐厅叫奇琴伊察,最初由他的父母创办和经营。
It's called Chichen Itza, originally opened and run by his parents.
十年前左右,当父母退休后,吉尔伯托接手了这家店。
Hilberto took over when they retired ten or so years ago.
所以我的整个烹饪生涯,而且我认为,这是我第一次敢称之为职业。
So my entire cooking career, and I think for the first time, I'm comfortable calling it a career.
是的。
Yeah.
你配得上这一切。
You've earned it.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
它一直位于拉帕洛马市场的这栋建筑里。
It's been here in this building at Mercado La Paloma.
看。
Look.
就在那里,奇琴伊察,我们当时在
Like, literally right there at Chichen We were at
奇琴伊察,距离霍尔博克斯大约二十英尺远。
Chichen Itza, which is about 20 feet away from Holbox.
我应该让你来描述一下这个地方。
I I should have you describe this place.
是的
Yeah.
给那些看不到的人描述一下这个场景吧。
Give give it give it the radio description for people who can't see it.
所以,Mercado La Paloma 是南洛杉矶一个美丽的社区中心,你走进去,会看到六家独立经营的餐厅。
So Mercado La Paloma is this beautiful community center in South LA where you walk in, and there's six independently owned restaurants.
有四家商店,二楼则是非营利组织。
There's four shops, and then there's nonprofits on the 2nd Floor.
我认为 Mercado La Paloma 的独特之处在于,这些地方都真实地反映着某个人的故事。
And I think Mercado Paloma is unique in that all of these places truly reflect somebody's story.
奇琴伊察是我父母一生梦想的实现,而霍尔布克斯则是我的梦想。
Chichen Itza is the culmination of my parents' lifelong dream, and Holbox is mine.
跟我讲讲你的父母吧。
Tell me about your parents.
我的父母。
My parents.
唐吉尔伯托和唐娜布兰卡。
Don Gilberto and Dona Blanca.
来自尤卡坦,我也是。
From Yucatan as as am I.
我们第一次移民到美国是在1985年。
We immigrated to The United States for the first time in 1985.
我当时五岁。
Was five years old.
和大多数移民一样,我们来到这里是因为墨西哥的生活很艰难。
And like most immigrants, we came because things were tough in Mexico.
他们为我和我姐姐寻找更好的机会。
They were looking for better opportunity for my sister and myself.
而且,和大多数移民一样,我父母做过很多不同的工作。
And, again, like most immigrants, my parents had lots of different jobs.
我父亲专注于餐饮工作,把烹饪传统尤卡坦美食当作副业,做着自己热爱的事。
My dad focused on culinary jobs and did his passion, which was cook traditional Yucatecan food as a side hustle.
最终,这个副业让我的妈妈、姐姐和我都参与了进来。
Eventually, that side hustle got my mom involved into it, my sister and I.
我们是那些小帮手,负责在周日教堂礼拜后为玉米粽撕鸡肉,用于销售。
We were the little helpers shredding chicken for tamales for Sunday sales after church.
哇哦。
Wow.
我父亲是我唯一有过的厨师导师。
My dad is my only chef mentor that I've ever had.
他非常擅长与顾客建立联系,通过食物讲述自己成长经历和烹饪根源的故事。
He was really great at connecting with customers and telling his story of his upbringing, his culinary roots through through food.
我学会了这种力量有多强大,这正是我们在Holbox努力去做的。
And I learned how powerful that was, and that's really what we try to do at Holbox.
我稍后会谈到Holbox,但我想起来,这其实是一场关于地方的访谈和故事,至少是我的故事。
I I get to Holbox in a minute, but but it occurs to me it's this is kind of an interview and a story, yours anyway, about place.
字面上是关于尤卡坦,但也关于这个地方。
Literally about Yucatan, but also about this place.
是的
Yeah.
拉帕洛玛市场
Mercado La Paloma.
还有这个地方,南洛杉矶。
And and also this place LA, in South LA.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我是不是在胡说?
Am I making that up?
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
这正是这个故事的核心。
That's really what the story is about.
Mercado La Paloma 对我所经历的一切都至关重要。
Mercado La Paloma is instrumental in everything that has happened to me.
那是我父亲唯一能开餐厅的地方。
It was the only place my dad could open a restaurant.
他并不是在其他选项中选择了 Mercado Paloma。
He didn't choose Mercado Paloma amongst other options.
这是一个由非营利组织 Esperanza 社区住房发起的项目。
This was a project started by a nonprofit, Esperanza Community Housing.
他们的想法是:让那些通过食物有故事可讲、却缺乏资源的人加入进来,帮助他们实现梦想。
And the idea was let's bring people that have something to tell through their food, but don't have the resources to do it, and let's help them out.
因此,这个非营利组织帮助了我们家人,提供了贷款、小企业培训、基础会计等我们原本没有且无力承担的支持。
So the nonprofit helped us out, my family out, with loans, small business training, basic accounting, these things that we didn't have and were outside of the reach of our resources.
他们为贷款做担保。
They cosigned loans
真的吗?
Did they?
为了我爸爸购买设备。
For my dad to buy equipment.
所以这意义重大。
So it's huge.
而且它建立了一段非常牢固的关系,我们至今仍在延续。
And it formed a really strong relationship, which we continue to to to carry.
这个地方是你仍然留在这儿的原因吗?我的意思是,你取得了巨大的成功。
Is is place why you're still here, I mean, you're having amazing success.
你可以开连锁店。
You could franchise.
你可以去纽约。
You could go to New York.
你可以去几乎任何地方。
You could go to I mean, almost anywhere.
对吧?
Right?
凭借你的名声和你所建立的一切,你却依然留在这儿。
On the strength of your name and what you've built, and yet you're you're still here.
我计划继续留在梅尔卡多拉帕洛玛。
I I I plan on staying at Mercado La Paloma.
我喜欢这样的想法:Holbox 在这个地方诞生,它的整个生命周期都留在这里。
I love the idea of Holbox being born here in this place and that its entire lifespan be here.
这并不意味着我不会接手新项目,但这些项目不会叫 Holbox,也不会在洛杉矶。
That's not to say that I won't take on new projects, but they will not be Holbox, and they will not be in LA.
让我认真一下,问你关于这个国家、你和你的社区当前所面临的挑战。
Let let me get serious for a second and and ask you about this moment in this country, and you and your community and the challenges that you're having.
是的。
Yeah.
这是免费的。
That's a freebie.
这是个送分题。
It's a it's a softball.
我们正经历着这个国家非常艰难的一刻,老实说,我从未想过我们会走到这一步。
We're going through a very difficult and quite honestly, a moment in this country that I I didn't think, I didn't I I could have never imagined we would go through.
看到一个人的肤色、出身、语言和在家吃的食物竟会引发如此大的分裂,令人心碎。
It's heartbreaking to see that the color of your skin, where you come from, the language that you speak, the food that you eat at home is so divisive.
多年来我一直以为,我们生活在一个更能接纳和包容差异、甚至珍视差异的国家。
I was under the impression for many years that we lived in a country that was a little more accepting and tolerant of differences and and and that actually embraced it.
我认为,这一直是美国的美丽之处。
And I I think that's the that's always been the beauty of The United States.
对吧?
Right?
你能带着梦想来到这个国家,只要做对事情、足够努力,就能实现梦想。
That you're able to come to this country with dream, and if you do things right and work hard enough, you're able to achieve it.
已经发生了一种系统性的变化。
There's been a systematic change.
我的意思是,我不回避这么说。
I mean, I won't shy away from saying it.
这个政府正在对这个国家做的一些事情,需要很长时间才能恢复。
This administration is doing things to this country that is gonna take a really long time.
我认为需要一代人的时间才能扭转,这真的令人心碎。
I think generational to revert, and it's really heartbreaking.
你在你的生意中看到这种情况了吗?
Are you seeing that in your business?
你发现上门的顾客变少了么?
Do you see fewer people in the door?
你是否很难找到愿意为你工作的人?
Are you having a tough time getting people to work for you?
对吧?
Right?
因为为你工作的人大多来自这里,南洛杉矶。
Because people who work for you come from around here, South LA.
特别是我们,在梅尔卡多拉帕洛玛的霍尔博克斯奇琴伊察,我们处于一个极其幸运的位置。
We, in particular, here at Holbox Chichen Itza here at Mercado La Paloma, we're in an extremely fortunate position.
在过去三年里,Holbox 所获得的本地和国家级认可,使我们即便在如此艰难的环境下依然能够蓬勃发展。
The amount of recognition local and and national that Holbox has had in the last three years specifically has made it so that we have been able to thrive despite everything that's happening.
话虽如此,洛杉矶的餐饮业正遭受严重打击。
That being said, the food industry in Los Angeles is suffering greatly.
从街头 taco 摊贩、小型家庭餐馆,到大型获奖餐厅,全都举步维艰。
Taco vendors, small mom and pops, all the way to large award winning restaurants, they're all having a really hard time.
我们绕一圈吧。
Let's take a lap.
我想让你每家大概用三十秒介绍一下这六家左右的地方。
And I want you to give me like the thirty seconds on on each of these half dozen ish places.
所以
So
我们先从 Chichen Itza 开始。
Let's start with Chichen Itza.
咱们去店里吧
Let's let's go the house
这里的品牌。
brand here.
Chichen Itza 是 Mercado La Paloma 的原始摊贩之一。
Chichen Itza, one of the original vendors of Mercado La Paloma.
今年是他们在这里经营的第二十五年,依然生意兴隆。
Twenty five years this year, we will be here and still going strong.
Taqueria Vistermosa 是另一家店铺。
Taqueria Vistermosa is the other store.
原始摊贩。
Original vendor.
哇哦。
Wow.
Taqueria Vistermosa 专营米却肯州的美食。
Taqueria Vistermosa specializes in food from Michoacan.
塔可阿尔帕斯托是
Tacos al pastor are
我们继续在市场周围逛了一圈,经过一家泰国餐厅、一家零售店,以及各种运动服饰,主要是道奇队和南加州大学的。
We continued our lap around the Mercado past a Thai restaurant, a retailer, and all kinds of sportswear, Dodgers and USC mostly.
然后这就是Comal。
And then this is Comal.
哦,原来如此。
So Oh, there you go.
是的。
Yeah.
这是厨师法蒂玛·恩孔拉多的项目。
Chef Fatima Enconrado's project.
对。
Yep.
我的意思是,你看看它。
I mean, just look at it.
就连墙壁看起来都像玉米。
It just screen even the wall looks like corn.
对吧?
Right?
我可以确认,确实不同深浅的黄色瓷砖造就了这种效果。
I can confirm it does indeed all different shades of yellow tile make that happen.
吉尔伯托某种程度上是卡马尔的主厨法蒂玛·胡雷斯的导师。
Gilberto was sort of a mentor for Kamal's chef Fatima Juarez.
她曾在奇琴伊察和奥尔布克斯工作,实际上至今仍为它们提供玉米粉。
She worked at both Chichen Itza and Holbox, still supplies their masa, actually.
卡马尔于2024年开业。
Kamala opened in 2024.
我们造访当天,法蒂玛主厨刚刚被提名詹姆斯·比尔德奖的新兴厨师奖。
On the morning we visited, chef Fatima had just been nominated for a James Beard Award, actually, for emerging chef.
现在他们成了我们的威胁,因为他们取得了巨大的成功。
And now is a threat to us because of the massive amount of success they've had.
我为他们感到无比自豪。
I'm so proud of them.
我真的很为他们感到骄傲。
I'm really proud of them.
不过我们得说,希尔伯特那天也被提名了他第三个詹姆斯·比尔德奖,这次是杰出厨师奖。
Hilbert, though, we should say, also nominated for his third James Beard Award that morning, this time for outstanding chef.
所以我们将在赫尔·博施结束。
So we're gonna end at Hull Bosch.
我们在赫尔·博施结束。
We end at Hull Bosch.
我来这里的时候,该点些什么?
When I come down here, what should I have?
我不会具体说某个菜品。
So I'm not gonna say specific menu item.
你来这儿的时候,找个吧台的位置坐下。
When you come here, find a seat at the bar.
好。
K.
最好坐在靠近龙虾缸的那一侧。
Preferably over on the side next to the lobster tanks.
好的。
Alright.
并不是说非要跟龙虾聊天什么的,但那里正是做酸橘汁腌鱼的厨师们工作的地方。
Not specifically to, like, have a conversation with the lobsters or anything, but that's where the cevicheros are working.
哦。
Oh.
坐下后问问他们:今天推荐吃什么?
Sit down and ask them, what should I get today?
明白。
Okay.
我们的菜单每天都会重新打印,因为每天都会变化。
So our menu we print the menu out daily because it changes daily.
因为这正是我个人喜欢去墨西哥的原因。
Because that is what I personally enjoy about going to Mexico.
你去一个沿海小镇,吃当天捕获的任何东西。
You go to a little coastal town and you eat whatever is being caught.
但是,是的,点一份鱼生腌,听从鱼生腌师傅推荐的鱼生腌。
And but, yeah, order the ceviche, whatever fish ceviche is is recommended by cevicheros.
好的。
Alright.
然后问他们,今天的海胆评分从1到10能打几分?
And then ask them, one to 10, how are the sea urchins today?
他们说只要超过7分,你就必须点。
They say anything over a seven, you have to get it.
好的。
Alright.
成交。
Done deal.
谢谢你,Shibouto。
Shibouto, thank you so much.
我
I
非常感谢
really appreciate
不客气。
it.
荣幸之至。
Pleasure.
谢谢。
Thank you.
马上来。
To come.
这下好了。
This is now alright.
我来了。
I'm coming.
坦白说,我还没回去过,但你知道的,很快就会去。
Full disclosure, I haven't been back yet, but, you know, soon.
你本该留下来吃点东西的。
You should have stayed and eaten.
马上就来。
Coming up.
这个场景更像是些普通的坏人在盯着卡车。
This one was kind of more just plain old bad guys watching trucks.
外面可是西部荒野啊,伙计们。
It's the wild west out there, gang.
但首先,我们来看一下数据。
But first, let's do the numbers.
今天道琼斯工业指数上涨了260点。
Dow Industrial's up 260 points today.
涨幅百分之零点五,达到49,501点。
That's a half percent, 49,501.
纳斯达克下跌350点,跌幅1.5%,报22,904点。
The Nasdaq dropped 350 points, one and a half percent, 22,904.
标普500指数下跌35点,跌幅0.5%,报6,882点。
S and P 500 down 35, a half percent, sixty eight and eighty two.
杰夫·贝佐斯个人拥有的《华盛顿邮报》今天裁撤了300多名记者,正如你们所知。
The personally owned by Jeff Bezos, Washington Post laid off more than 300 journalists today as you have heard.
《纽约时报》今天的财报表现参差不齐。
The New York Times had a kind of mixed earnings report today.
股价下跌了6.3%。
Shares down six and three tenths percent.
顺带一提,亚马逊当天下跌了2.4%。
Amazon, just for the heck of it, slid 2.4% on the day.
债券下跌。
Bonds down.
十年期国债收益率。
Yield on the tenure.
Teynote上涨了4.28%。
Teynote rose 4.28%.
您正在收听《市场》。
You're listening to marketplace.
这是《市场》。
This is marketplace.
我是凯·里兹达尔。
I'm Kai Rizdal.
在进入下一个故事之前,有两个数据点。
Two data points on the way to this next story.
第一,一个名为全球能源监测的非营利组织报告称,2025年美国境内新建天然气发电厂的提案数量较前一年增加了三倍。
Number one, there's a nonprofit called Global Energy Monitor that reports proposals for new natural gas burning power plants in These United States tripled in 2025 compared to a year earlier.
第二个数据点是,能源数据公司CleanView的报告指出,这一增长的很大一部分原因是人工智能数据中心正在自建天然气发电厂。
Data point number two, a report from the energy data company CleanView says much of that increase is because AI data centers are building their own natural gas power plants.
《市场》的梅根·麦卡蒂·卡里诺现在为您详细报道数据中心电力需求的这一趋势。
Marketplace's Megan McCarty Carino has more now on that data center electricity demand curve.
根据全球能源监测机构的研究分析师珍妮·马托斯的说法,美国计划建设超过250吉瓦的新型天然气发电能力,足以为全美所有家庭供电,还能再多供应约一亿户家庭。
The US is planning more than 250 gigawatts of new natural gas energy, enough to power every home in America and about a 100,000,000 more, according to research analyst Jenny Martos at Global Energy Monitor.
她追踪那些已经宣布和正在建设中的项目。
She tracks projects that have been announced and those already under construction.
现在正展开一场竞赛,我们看到的是石油科技基础设施的扩张。
There's a race going on, and what we're seeing is a petro tech build out.
科技巨头正在投入数千亿美元建设人工智能的基础设施,并希望尽快投入运行。
Big tech is spending hundreds of billions of dollars to build out the infrastructure of AI, and they want it up and running ASAP.
因此,天然气在短期内成了唯一切实可行的解决方案。
So natural gas has been, like, the only real solution in the near term.
安迪·斯潘格罗斯为商业地产公司世邦魏理仕追踪数据中心的发展情况。
Andy Spangros follows data center development for commercial real estate firm JLL.
他说,从当地公用事业公司获取电力正变得越来越困难,等待时间最长可达五年。
He says getting energy from a local utility has been getting harder with up to a five year wait.
因此,许多数据中心选择绕过电网,直接在场内自建发电设施。
So a lot of data centers are going behind the meter, building their own power plants on-site.
超大规模企业正在投资小型模块化核反应堆等清洁能源解决方案。
Hyperscalers are investing in clean energy solutions like small modular nuclear reactors.
那得是七到十二年以后的事了。
That's seven, ten, twelve years out.
而天然气发电可以在那段时间的极短比例内启动。
Natural gas generation can fire up in a fraction of that time.
当然,前提是你能弄到所需的涡轮机。
That is if you can get your hands on the required turbine.
交货周期已经飙升至长达五到七年。
The lead time has exploded to as long as five or seven years.
迈克尔·托马斯是CleanView市场情报公司的创始人。
Michael Thomas is the founder of CleanView Market Intelligence.
他分析了数十个数据中心发电设施的许可和施工计划。
He analyzed permits and site plans for dozens of data center generation facilities.
大多数设备都是天然气驱动的,许多开发商正想方设法尽快投入运营。
Most of the equipment was natural gas powered, and many developers are getting creative to get online as quickly as possible.
我们发现了数据中心开发商计划将燃气发动机和涡轮机安装在半挂卡车上的方案。
We found plans of data center developers that are gonna strap gas engines and turbines to semi trucks.
我们发现了使用原本为喷气式发动机、某些情况下为军舰、其他情况下为游轮设计的涡轮机的计划。
We found plans to use turbines that are built for jet engines and for, in some cases, warships, in other cases, cruise ships.
圣母大学可持续能源政策副教授艾米丽·格鲁伯特表示,这些是从一种本身并不清洁的燃料中发电的低效方式。
These are less efficient means of generating power from a fuel that is not the cleanest at baseline, says Emily Grubert, associate professor of sustainable energy policy at the University of Notre Dame.
与煤炭相比,它的温室气体排放强度较低,但仍然足够高,如果我们认真对待气候问题,它也需要被淘汰。
It is less greenhouse gas intensive than coal, but it's still greenhouse gas intensive enough that if we need to take climate seriously, it needs to be phased out as well.
她说,即使数据中心未来转向清洁能源,也会有人在未来几十年内收购这些过剩的天然气发电能力。
She says even if data centers switch to clean energy in the future, someone's going to buy up that surplus natural gas capacity for decades.
我是市场频道的梅根·麦卡蒂·卡里诺。
I'm Megan McCarty Carino from Marketplace.
零售盗窃,业内称之为损耗,形式多种多样。
Retail theft, shrinkage as they call it in the trade, comes in many forms.
可能是暴力抢劫,也可能是自助结账时的小花招。
A smash and grab perhaps, a little sleight of hand at self checkout.
但目前对公司的影响最大的犯罪行为发生在任何产品到达商店货架之前——那就是货物盗窃。
But the crime that's perhaps affecting companies the most right now happens before any products make it to store shelves, cargo theft.
有人偷走卡车上的托盘,甚至整卡车的货物,从电视到龙虾,无所不包。
People stealing pallets off trucks or even a whole trucks full of stuff, anything from TVs to lobsters.
正如Marketplace的克里斯滕·施瓦布报道的那样,美国卡车运输协会表示,去年可能是有记录以来货物盗窃最严重的一年。
As Marketplaces' Kristen Schwab reports, the American Trucking Association says last year was likely the biggest for cargo theft on record.
这些货物是在印第安纳州、肯塔基州和俄亥俄州装车的。
The cargo was loaded in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.
卡车上满载着Oculus头盔、Bose音箱和美体小铺的产品,目的地是全国各地的仓库。
Trucks full of Oculus headsets, Bose speakers, and products from Bath and Body Works, destined for warehouses all over the country.
但它们从未到达目的地。
But they never made it there.
当司机停车吃饭、睡觉或加油时,窃贼便趁机行动。
When drivers took breaks to eat, sleep, or refuel, thieves swooped in.
他们偷走了拖车,显然还更改了拖车上的识别标记。
They stole the trailer, obviously changed the identifying markers on the trailer.
展开剩余字幕(还有 62 条)
然后将货物开到佛罗里达州进行转售。
And drove the goods down to Florida to be resold.
印第安纳波利斯的联邦调查局特别探员蒂莫西·奥马利表示,在十八个月的时间里,一群男子监视仓库并跟踪司机。
Timothy O'Malley, a special agent at the FBI in Indianapolis, says over eighteen months, a group of men staked out warehouses and tracked drivers.
总计,他们偷走了十多辆卡车。
In total, they swiped more than a dozen trucks.
这些偷窃行为不像你在电视上看到的那种戏剧性劫案。
Now these are not like the dramatic heists you see on TV.
奥马利说,货物盗窃通常都不是。
O'Malley says cargo thefts usually aren't.
没有戴滑雪面罩。
No ski masks.
没有使用武器。
No weapons.
这次更像是一群普通的坏人盯着卡车,然后等待机会偷走货物。
This one was kinda more just plain old bad guys watching trucks and then waiting for an opportunity to steal those loads.
2021年至2024年间,货物盗窃案增加了90%以上。
Cargo theft increased more than 90% between 2021 and '24.
运输资产保护协会主席斯科特·科尼尔表示,这种犯罪的性质已经发生了变化。
And Scott Cornell, chair of the Transported Asset Protection Association, says the nature of the crime has changed.
从以前由父亲、儿子、叔叔、表兄弟、兄弟组成的团伙,变成了如今庞大的国际犯罪网络。
It went from fathers, sons, uncles, cousins, brothers, all making up the crew to now massive international crime rings.
随着物流技术的进步,窃贼的技术也在提升。
As logistics technology has gotten better, so have thieves.
每次货物交接时,都会产生盗窃的机会。
And every time goods exchange hands, it creates an opportunity to steal.
因此,货物盗窃在主要物流枢纽附近最为常见,比如拥有港口和仓库的加利福尼亚和德克萨斯。
It's why cargo theft is most common near major logistics hubs, places with ports and warehouses like California and Texas.
窃贼们偷的东西五花八门,从药品到牲畜,无所不包。
And thieves, they steal really anything and everything from pharmaceuticals to livestock.
科尼尔表示,最常被偷的是食品。
Cornell says the most popular category is food.
冷冻鸡肉上没有条形码。
There's no barcode on frozen chicken.
冷冻肉类上没有序列号。
There's no serial number on frozen meat.
更容易出售,也更容易隐藏。
Easier to sell and easier to hide.
证据被消耗掉了。
The evidence is consumed.
大多数被盗物品最终出现在第三方销售平台上。
Most stolen goods end up on third party selling sites.
比如eBay和Facebook Marketplace,或者被运往海外。
Think eBay and Facebook Marketplace, or they get shipped overseas.
通常,幕后主使在国外在线操作。
Often, the big boss is somewhere abroad operating online.
货运经纪公司Total Quality Logistics的风险与合规总监大井大卫表示,这种被称为战略性盗窃的犯罪行为正变得越来越普遍。
David Mitsui, director of risk and compliance at freight brokerage Total Quality Logistics, says this kind of theft, called strategic theft, is becoming more common.
我们有一个承运商。
We had a carrier.
那是一家我们雇佣来运输这批货物的正规承运公司。
It was a legitimate carrier that we contracted for a load.
司机受雇运送一整车的铜材。
The driver was hired to move a truck full of copper.
但在路上,他收到了一封邮件,发件人自称是Total Quality Logistics的员工。
But while on the road, he got an email from someone he thought was from Total Quality Logistics.
他们说,嘿。
They said, hey.
我知道这趟货原本是要运到X地的。
I know that this load is supposed to be going to x.
但别去那里了,我们让你改道去一个离你现在位置很近的仓库。
Instead of delivering there, we're gonna have you take it to this warehouse that's really close to where you are right now.
这些铜材最终被找回了。
The copper was eventually recovered.
但即使在这种最理想的情况下,也仍然会有后果。
But even in this best case type of scenario, there are consequences.
很多时候,如果是食品饮料,即使货物被追回,你也必须销毁它,因为你已经失去了货物的保管链。
A lot of times, if it's food and beverage, even if you recover, you you you have to dispose of it because you've lost chain of custody.
所有这些当然都要付出代价。
All of this, of course, comes with a price.
在过去两年里,三井的反盗窃团队已经从四人扩大到了四十人。
Mitsui's anti theft team has grown from four to 40 in the last two years.
供应链和物流咨询公司马什的珍妮尔·格里菲斯表示,许多案件并未上报,部分原因是很难确定由哪一方——仓库、货运代理还是卡车公司——来提交保险索赔。
Janelle Griffith at Marsh, a supply chain and logistics consultancy, says a lot of cases go unreported, partly because it's hard to decide which party, the warehouse, the freight broker, the trucking company, should file an insurance claim.
这是盗窃吗?
Is it theft?
这是欺诈吗?
Is it fraud?
这是网络入侵吗?
Is it a cyber intrusion?
谁该为此负责?
Who was the one at fault?
格里菲斯表示,保险索赔仍然在增加,这意味着保险成本也在上升。
Griffith says still, insurance claims have increased, which means so has the cost of insurance.
我遇到过一些承保人说,如果这种情况继续下去,货物很可能将变得无法投保。
I've had underwriters that have said, if this continues in this vein, it very well might be that cargo becomes uninsurable.
归根结底,所有这些成本都会转嫁到消费者身上,体现在比如巴特与博迪工坊的香草糖蜡烛等商品的价格上。
And at the end of the day, all these costs trickle down to consumers baked into the price of, say, a warm vanilla sugar candle from Bath and Body Works.
我是克里斯汀·施瓦布,来自《市场》。
I'm Kristen Schwab for Marketplace.
今天最后补充一点,算是对近期大量关于人工智能报道的一个总结性标点。
This final note on the way out today, a punctuation mark of sorts on a lot of the AI coverage that has been out there lately.
谷歌今天公布了季度利润。
Google reported quarterly profits today.
表现不错。
Did fine.
赚了数十亿美元。
Made billions of dollars.
重复一遍:涂抹、冲洗、再重复。
Lather, rinse, repeat.
你懂的。
You know the drill.
但关键是这里。
Here though is the kicker.
该公司表示,今年将把资本支出翻倍,其中绝大部分将用于人工智能。
The company said it is going to double its capital expenditures this year, the overwhelming majority of which is going to AI.
他们打算将支出增加到1750亿至1850亿美元之间。
They're gonna double them to somewhere between 175 and 185,000,000,000 American dollars.
我们的媒体制作团队包括布莱恩·艾利森、约翰·福克、蒙大拿·约翰逊、德鲁·乔斯塔德、加里·奥基夫、查尔顿·索普。
Our media production team includes Brian Allison, John Focke, Montana Johnson, Drew Jostad, Gary O'Keefe, Charlton Thorpe.
我是凯·里斯代尔。
I'm Kai Risdale.
我们明天见,各位。
We will see you tomorrow, everybody.
这里是APM。
This is APM.
还想了解更多《市场》内容吗?
Want even more Marketplace?
订阅我们的编辑团队每周提供的理财建议,助你更好地管理资金。
Sign up to receive weekly tips from our editorial team to help you make the most of your money.
此外,你还将第一时间获知《市场》独家周边商品和本地活动信息。
Plus, you'll be the first to know about exclusive Marketplace merchandise and local events.
发送短信‘Marketplace’到80568即可订阅。
Text Marketplace to 80568 to sign up.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。