本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
医生。
Doctor.
马克斯·巴特菲尔德,欢迎来到节目。
Max Butterfield, welcome to the show.
克里斯,谢谢你邀请我。
Chris, thank you for having me.
请叫我不,我
Please call No, me
医生。
Doctor.
马克斯·巴特菲尔德,你真棒。
Max Butterfield, you rip.
我非常喜欢你的内容。
Absolutely love your content.
我觉得你太出色了。
I think you're so fantastic.
哦,我真的很感激。
Oh, I really appreciate it.
每天有人告诉我这些的时候,我都感到震惊,因为我觉得自己根本无名无姓,你知道吗?
I am shocked every day when somebody tells me that because I'm nobody, you know?
过去一年里,我每天都在向人们讲述真实的自己,渐渐地,似乎开始有人认可了。
I just have been telling people who I am every day for the last year, and it kinda started to take hold, I guess.
是的。
Yeah.
真正基于证据的情感建议者非常少,尤其是在社交媒体的短视频形式中。
Mean, there's very few people doing evidence based relationship advice, especially on in short form on social media.
所以,你做得这么好,我一点也不意外。
So it it it it doesn't surprise me that it's going well.
拥有实验心理学博士学位,临床心理学硕士学位,实验心理学硕士学位,心理学学士学位,还额外研究过宗教、法律和语言。
PhD in experimental psychology, master's in clinical psych, master's in experimental psych, bachelor's in psych, and some additional work in religion, law, and languages.
就只是几件小事。
Just a couple couple things.
我真的,从小学一年级开始就喜欢上学了,决定再也不离开学校。
I really you know, in in first grade, I decided I liked school, and I was never gonna leave.
所以三十年后的今天,我依然在这里。
So still here thirty years later.
好的。
Alright.
我马上要让你对一件事做出反应。
I'm gonna get you to I'm gonna get you to react to something straight off the bat.
挪威冬季两项运动员,斯特勒·霍尔姆,成绩垫底。
Norwegian biathlete, Stirler Holm, lay grade.
你看过这个吗?
Have you seen this?
是的。
Yep.
非常好。
Very good.
这位28岁的男子在赢得男子20公里冬季两项铜牌后,选择在奥运会这个场合通过一段走红的帖子向他的前女友表白。
This 28 year old guy chose the Olympics as a place to shoot his shot with his ex after he won the bronze in the men's 20 kilometer biathlon in a viral post.
赢得比赛后,在采访中,这位男子承认自己背叛了生命中的挚爱,并透露她在他一周前坦白后与他分手,而他声称自己正在经历社交性自杀,希望借此挽回她。
After his win, in the interview, this guy confessed to cheating on the love of his life, revealing that she dumped him after he came clean a week ago and said he was committing social suicide in the hopes of winning her back.
似乎他的计划适得其反,因为他的前女友(身份一直保密)据称告诉挪威小报VG,即使在全世界面前公开表白,也很难原谅。
Seems like his plan backfired since his ex, who has remained anonymous, reportedly told Norwegian tabloid VG that it's hard to forgive even after a declaration of love in front of the whole world.
所以对于还没看过这段视频的人,迪恩现在就放出来。
So for the people that haven't seen it, Dean will cut it in now.
六个月前,我遇见了我生命中的挚爱,这个世界上最美妙、最棒的人。
Six months ago, I met the love of my life, the world's most beautiful, wonderful person in the world.
三个月前,我犯下了人生中最大的错误——背叛了她。
And three months ago, I made the biggest mistake of my life and cheated on her.
正如你所见,这位男子很可能利用了他职业生涯中最辉煌的时刻。
As you can see, that guy used probably the crowning moment of his entire career.
也许是他整个人生中最辉煌的时刻。
May maybe his entire life.
对吧?
Right?
你从小就开始为这件事努力。
You've worked from a child to do this thing.
冬季两项就是滑雪加射击,我
Biathlon's the rifle shooting with the skiing thing, I
觉得。
think.
我想是的。
I believe so.
是的。
Yeah.
在感情方面可比在冬季两项上专业多了。
Way more of an expert on relationships than on fucking biathlons.
好吧。
Okay.
他选择了那个时刻,那个巅峰时刻。
He chose that moment, the crowning moment.
当他接受采访的时候,本可以感谢他的母亲,本可以感谢上帝,本可以感谢所有辛勤的努力,利用这个机会去这么做。
As he gets to do the interview, could have thanked his mom, could have thanked God, could have thanked all the hard work, used it as the opportunity to try and do that.
请从科学的角度为我分析一下这件事。
Dissect this from a science based lens for me, please.
发生了什么
What's going
呢?
on?
是的。
Yeah.
我的第一反应是,这是事先计划好的吗?
Well, I mean, the first thing I wanna know is, was this planned?
你知道的,他有认真考虑过吗?
You know, did he think this through?
因为对我来说,这非常不同。
Because to me, that is very different.
如果他只是说,好吧。
If he's like, okay.
我知道我要做什么。
I know what I'm gonna do.
我要试着把她追回来,他是理性地,你知道的,有一些理由;还是说这纯粹是,嘿,我在镜头前,特别兴奋,不知道该说什么,也不知道怎么控制自己,干脆就随口说出来了。
I'm gonna try to get her back, and he's rationally, you know, got some reasons, or if this was just like, hey, I'm in front of the camera, I'm all excited, I don't know what to say, I don't know how to regulate myself, let me just let this fly.
我觉得结果不管怎样都会一样,但我会给他的反馈会大不相同,取决于他究竟是不是在
I think the results are going be the same regardless, but the feedback I would have for him would be very different depending on whether he did this on on
把两个单位都给我。
Give the me both units.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,如果他是在即兴情况下这么做的,那从今往后,我不知道你该怎么挽回局面,首先这一点。
Well, I mean, so if he did this on the fly, I would, you know, going forward, I don't know how you walk this back, first of all.
我的意思是,就像你说的,他在全世界面前亮出了自己的态度。
I mean, like you said, he shot his shot here in front of the whole world.
这是他的巅峰之作。
This is his crowning achievement.
实际上,他在多次出手之后才最终这么做的。
He shot his shot after shooting many shots, actually.
这正是我脑子里正在想的。
That's exactly what you know, I'm going through my head.
就像射击运动员一样,就专注于你的50米就好,不管是什么项目。
It's like, biathlete, like, just stick to your 50 meters or whatever it is.
在这种情况下,我们不该打出这种一击,对吧?
Don't let's not shoot this kind of shot in this situation, right?
我会对他说的话。
What I would tell him.
我认为在很多方面,你得用幽默来缓和与这个人之间的紧张局面,因为他真的毁了自己的生活。
I think in a lot of ways, you've got to use humor there to diffuse the situation with the individual because he just blew up his life, really.
因为这不仅仅会影响他和这位女性的关系。
Because this is not just going to affect his relationship with this woman.
现在全球的每个女性都会想:这家伙是个渣男。
Now every woman on the planet is like, Oh, this guy's a cheater.
好吧,行吧。
Okay, cool.
但我想你并不希望这种说法流传出去。
And that's not the message that I don't think you want that out there.
再说一遍,我会直接告诉他:听着,老兄,我们有两件事要做,第一是修复损害。
And again, this is what I would tell him, just straight off the cuff is like, look, man, we've got two things to do is one is repair the damage.
第二是,我们该怎么做才能帮你调节情绪,思考未来该怎么做?
And then the second is what do we do for you to help you regulate and think through what going to do in the future?
如果他是事先策划好的,那我就会问别的问题了。
Now, if he planned this out, I would ask questions instead.
我第一个问题会是:你当时在想什么?
And my first question would be like, what were you thinking?
你脑子里到底在想什么?
What was going through your head here?
因为说实话,我真的不知道。
Because I don't know, honestly.
我想,他可能有一种强烈的愿望,想告诉她、告诉全世界:不,我是个好人。
I think there is this desire probably to tell her and tell the world that like, no, I'm a good guy.
我正在努力做正确的事。
I'm trying to do the right thing.
我希望最终他是想做正确的事,并且感到内疚。
And that would be my hope here is that ultimately he's trying to do the right thing and he feels bad.
那种在出轨后会产生的羞耻和内疚感,会驱使人竭尽全力去修复和挽回。
And that kind of shame and guilt that you would feel after cheating is going to motivate people to great lengths to try to repair and restore.
所以,如果我们思考:这个人是个好人吗?
So if we're thinking about, is this guy a good guy?
他可能其实是个很好的人,只是犯了个错误,也可能是个傻瓜。
He might actually be a really good guy who made a mistake, or he might be an idiot.
所以我不认为我们能轻易下结论,得问更多问题才能弄清楚,我根本不认识这个人。
And that's why I don't think I think we'd have to ask more questions and find out, and I don't know the guy.
所以想象他是傻瓜挺有趣的,但同时又觉得他真的很可怜。
And so it's fun to think about him being an idiot, but at the same time, it feels so bad for him.
听我说。
Look.
我明白,但这里确实有点开始变成一部糟糕的浪漫喜剧的味道。
I get it, but there is a bit of there's the beginning of a potentially shit rom com going on here.
百分之百。
100%.
我觉得
I think
哦,百分之百。
Oh, a 100%.
当我们审视浪漫题材中的陈词滥调时,尤其是那些关于笨拙主角或配角的电影,奇怪的是,只要光线合适、剧本稍好一点,这可能就成了这个男人一生的巅峰之作,而他则把这份成就献给了那个女人。
When we look at sort of the cliches in romance, especially romance films and stuff where there's a a clumsy protagonist or a guy on the side and all the rest of it, it's strange how with the right lighting and a slightly better script, this could be the beginner know, either crowning achievement of this guy's life, and he sort of lays down this this accomplishment at the feet of this woman.
我认为大多数人感到怀疑的一点是,如果他利用这个机会在分手后挽回她,并说‘我意识到我犯了错’。
I think one of the things that most people get skeptical around is if if he'd used that opportunity to win her back after he'd broken up with her and said, I realized I made a mistake.
是的。
Yeah.
这和他缺乏道德、信誉低下的那种隐隐作祟的感觉很不一样,那个可能没错的男人。
That feels different to the the sort of rumbling of his lack of virtue, this sort of low credibility man potentially Right.
我确实看到有个人说,这是一种情感操控。
Who is sort of using I I I did see one person say that it was emotional manipulation.
我认为,如果真有人被情感操控了,那也是他自己在操控自己。
I think if anybody is being emotionally manipulated, it's him by himself.
我觉得他可能是在进行情感操控,还是说只是单纯地惊呼:‘天啊’。
I think that he is doing he may be is it emotional manipulation, or is it kind of just, holy shit.
我搞砸了。
I fucked up.
也许我是个坏人,也许我不是,但我就是拼命想重新和这个人建立联系。
And and maybe I'm a bad guy or maybe I'm not a bad guy, but I'm just like, I'd I'd clambering clambering to get back into connection with this person.
我完全失控了。
I'm so dysregulated.
我只是需要一些东西。
I just need something.
如果她看到我几乎把人生中最伟大的时刻献给了她——话说回来,他和她交往了六个月。
And if she sees me basically dedicating the greatest moment of my life to her that being said, he was in a relationship for six months.
他在三个月时出轨了,一周前才告诉她。
He cheated three months in and told her a week ago.
我看着。
I I I look.
如果你要当奥运选手,那就给我老老实实忍住六个月,伙计。
If you're gonna be an Olympic athlete, fucking keep it in your pants for six months, dude.
你为这个目标努力了这么久,至少四年了。
You've worked toward this for a long at least four years.
天啊。
Holy shit.
而且,我觉得你说得对,他很可能情绪失控了。
Well, and and not to mention I I think you're right on point there in terms of he's probably dysregulated.
他可能在那种状态下不理智,什么都想试一试。
He's probably trying anything and not in his maybe right mind in that way.
当一段关系破裂时,人们常常会做任何事、尝试一切,这正是常发生的情况。
And that's what happens is often when a relationship fails, people, they'll do anything and they'll try anything.
他们把精力用在了错误的事情上。
It's like they're allocating their effort to the wrong things.
这种情况下,你不需要更努力。
So this is not a situation where you want to try harder.
这种情况下,你需要做得更好。
This is a situation where you want to try better.
对他来说,与其在国际电视上说:‘嘿,我出轨了。’
And for him here, rather than being like, you know, on international television, hey, I cheated.
嘿,我搞砸了我的感情,我只想对梅琳达或不管她叫什么名字说声抱歉,你懂吗?
Hey, I messed up my relationship and I just wanna say sorry to Melinda or whatever her name is, you know?
而这种重新调整是至关重要的,因为更努力尝试是行不通的,它解决不了问题。
And that kind of reallocation is essential because it's not trying harder is not gonna it's not gonna do this.
事实上,更努力地尝试往往会把别人吓跑。
Trying harder, in fact, often chases people away.
这个观点很有意思。
That's an interesting one.
跟我聊聊,浪漫思维会告诉人们用哪些方式来试图修复分手,而那种受地位驱动、稍微更理性的思维对此有些反感?
Talk to me about some of the ways that the romantic mind tells people to try and fix breakups, that the sort of status driven, slightly more rational mind has got a bit of an aversion to?
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,我认为在很多方面,我们根本不知道在人际关系中该怎么做。
You know, I I think in many ways, we have no idea what we're doing in human relation.
没人知道,在人际关系中,因为我们都是动物,而且我们非常容易冲动反应。
Nobody does, you know, in human relationships because we are animals, and we are very reactionary.
但感觉上并非如此,因为我们拥有更高阶的认知能力,这种能力看似合理,并试图让我们相信:我这么做是有特定原因的。
But it doesn't feel like it because we have this higher order cognition that makes a lot of sense and it tries to convince us that, no, I'm doing this for a very specific reason.
因此,人们在理性化自己的行为时,无论从内部还是外部来看,都会觉得这种行为是合情合理的。
And so as a result, people rationalize what they're doing at a level that is always going to feel like it makes sense from the inside and from the outside.
截然不同。
Very different.
让我给你举个例子。
So let me give you an example.
在人际关系领域,有一个概念几乎没人谈论,但学习理论家却非常熟悉,那就是趋近-回避。
There's this concept out there that nobody's talking about in terms of relationships, but learning theorists know it really well, and it's called approach avoidance.
这种回避并不是我们讨论人际关系时通常所说的那种回避。
And it's not the kind of avoidance that you would talk about when we're talking about relationships.
比如,这个人不想和我谈恋爱,所以他是回避型的。
Like this person doesn't want a relationship with me, therefore they're avoidant.
我要说的是,有时候令人害怕的事物也令人向往,而有时候令人向往的事物也令人害怕。
All this is to say is that sometimes scary things are also desirable, and sometimes desirable things are also scary.
换句话说,我想追求这段关系,但我知道自己可能会受伤。
So in other words, I want to pursue this relationship, but I know I might get hurt.
这导致我时而向前迈进一步,时而又退后一步。
And what that causes me to do is take some steps forward and then take some steps backward.
分手也是如此。
And same with a breakup.
这件糟糕的事已经发生了,你可能需要面对一些残酷的真相,才能挽回这个人,或者改变自己,不再做个出轨者,等等。
This bad thing has happened, and you might have to deal with some hard truths to get this person back or to fix what's going on in yourself to not be a cheater anymore or whatever.
这很难,也很可怕。
And that's hard and that's scary.
所以你会前进一步,再退后一步。
And so you take a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back.
而且。
And
当我们试图挽回某人时,这种情况也同样适用。
this also applies when we're trying to get somebody back.
所以假设你和某人分手了,你愿意做任何事来挽回他。
So suppose you broke up with somebody and you'll do anything to get them back.
这是一个缓慢的过程。
That is a slow process.
人们以为隆重的举动才是正确的做法。
And people think that grand gestures are the way to go.
其实并不是。
They're not.
隆重的举动,比如你有一只受惊的猫躲在车底下,它已经在你 neighborhood 生活了很久。
Grand gestures, like suppose you had a scared cat under a car, and it's been living in your neighborhood for a long time.
它饿了。
It's getting hungry.
它状态不好,你想把它从车底下哄出来,于是你决定直接钻到车底,抓住它的尾巴把它拽出来。
It's not doing well, and you want to coax it out from under the car, and you decide you're going to dive under the car and grab it by the tail and pull it out.
如果你没抓住它的尾巴,你就再也见不到这只猫了。
You're never going to see that cat again if you miss the tail.
这通常就是我们在分手时所做的事情。
And that's often what we do with breakups.
当我们真的很喜欢一个人时,通常也会这样做——钻到车底,做出一个盛大的举动,猛地一抓。
That's often what we do when we really like people is we dive under that car and we make this grand gesture, this big grab.
但你真正需要做的,是非常缓慢地靠近那辆车。
But really what you need to do is very slowly approach that car.
也许连续几天你都这样做,提供一点食物,放上水,让你成为一个安全的人。
Maybe days, for days you do this and you, you know, offer that piece of food or you put out that water, you show that you're a safe person.
这是一种投入。
That's an investment.
这需要很多时间,并且要求延迟满足。
And that takes a lot of time, and it requires delayed gratification.
不幸的是,成年社会中我们缺乏延迟满足的能力。
We don't have a lot of ability for delayed gratification in adult society, unfortunately.
如果我们失去控制、感到害怕和焦虑,确实就更做不到这一点了,而且我们知道,我们当前试图修复的依恋创伤,其具体形态和大小,正与那个人的存在完全吻合。
We certainly don't if we are out of regulation and scared and anxious, and we know that the attachment wound that we're currently trying to fix, the exact shape and size of it is the same shape and size that that person is there.
如果我能抓住他们,把他们安置好,我的所有痛苦就会停止。
And if only I could get them and slot them in, all of my pain would stop.
我越快做到这一点越好。
And the quicker that I can do that Right.
我就能越快恢复平静。
The more quickly I'm gonna get back into regulation.
所以,越是宏大的举动,他们就越能感受到我有多重视他们、有多在乎他们。
So therefore, the grander the gesture, they will see how important and impressive and how much I care about them.
我刚在冬季两项比赛中获得了铜牌,我一定会做到。
I just got the bronze medal in the biathlon, and I'm gonna do it.
天空会为之裂开,我的失衡状态就会被修复。
And the the sky's gonna part, and then my dysregulation's gonna be fixed.
她会看到这个举动有多盛大。
She's going to see how grand of a gesture this is.
替一个出轨的人辩护,这确实是正确的做法。
It is it on his to kind of defend a guy that's cheated as Right.
尽管我做得不够好,但这种宏大的表白方式,首先听起来确实很浪漫。
Poorly as I can, the sort of grand gesture thing, first off, does sound romantic.
其次,我认为这种宏大的表白方式至少是出于好意的——当然,我不是说‘我是个骗子’那部分。
And secondly, I think it's it's coming from a good place, at least the grand gesture thing, not the fucking I'm a cheater thing.
这种宏大的表白方式源于善意,那就是我想尽我所能向你展示我有多在乎你。
The grand gesture thing is coming from a good place, which is I want to just try my best to show you how much I care.
但被忽略的是,一种几乎存在于所有人身上的动态:尤其是那些刚刚受到伤害、或对你要做的事毫无接受意愿的人。
And what is being missed is unfortunately a dynamic that exists in pretty much all humans, especially humans that have just been slighted or someone that's not feeling particularly receptive to whatever it is that you're gonna try and do to them.
他们就像一群难搞的单口喜剧观众,坐在那里冷眼旁观,等着看你能不能逗他们笑。
They're a kind of a bit of a tough standup comedy audience that are sort of sitting back like, go on, make me laugh.
你越显得黏人、越顺从、越情绪失控,情况就越糟。
And the more cloying that you are, the more pliable that you appear, the more dysregulated you are.
嘿,我们刚刚经历的那件事,对我来说是极度不安全的。
Like, hey, the situation we just went through was one that was highly unsafe for me.
对吧?
Right?
你做了一件事,让我感到不安全。
You did a thing that made me unsafe.
你和我分手了,或者你出轨了,或者你虐待了我,或者你做了什么别的事。
You broke up with me, or you cheated on me, or you did some you you mistreated me, or you did something.
现在你带着自认为浪漫的盛大举动冲进来,但对我来说,这只是一种更严重的失衡。
And now you're steaming in with what to you feels like a grand romantic gesture, but to me just feels like more dysregulation.
你只是在向我倾倒你的不安。
It's just you're spewing your unsafety at me.
所以,对于那个试图挽回的人——至少在我看来——最重要的是要踩下刹车。
So it's important for the person, the protagonist person that's trying to do the winning back, at least as far as I can see, to fucking pump the brakes.
要这样想:好吧。
To be like, okay.
发一条短信,说:我最近想了很多。
A text that says, I've been thinking a lot.
如果你愿意的话,我很想和你聊聊。
I'd love to speak if you'd care to.
是的。
Yeah.
哦,有时候保持冷静真的很重要。
Oh, and it's so important to just be chill sometimes.
即使你内心并不这么感觉,也要展现出这种自信,同时——
Even if you're not feeling that way on the inside, to project that kind of confidence, but also-
等你冷静下来再处理。
Take it until you regulate it.
哦,天哪。
Oh, oh my gosh.
对。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
就像是,嘿,你想一起去喝杯咖啡吗?
And it's like, Hey, do you want to grab coffee?
我一直在想你。
Been thinking about you.
很简单。
So simple.
你给人们这个建议,他们会说,我怎么就没想到呢。
You give people that advice, and they're like, I don't know why I didn't think about that.
这是因为你的思绪太纷乱了。
And that's because your mind is going so many different places.
这就是情绪失调的表现。
That is what dysregulation is.
你处于战斗或逃跑的状态。
You're in this fight or flight mode.
你的状态并不是说,你只是要去喜剧秀逗大家笑,而是你正被一只熊追着跑。
You're not, I mean, if you just had to go to a comedy show and make people laugh, but you're being chased by a bear.
好吧,祝你好运。
Okay, like best of luck to you.
当你在追求一段恋爱关系但进展不顺时,就是这种感觉。
And that's how it feels when you're pursuing a romantic relationship and things aren't going well.
你处于战斗或逃跑的反应中,像被熊追一样,同时还要去追求别人,那你看起来会像个疯子。
You've got this fight or flight response, you're being chased by a bear, then you're trying to chase somebody at the same time, you're going to look like a maniac.
当然,这肯定行不通。
And of course it's not gonna work.
因此,自我调节是你需要做的第一件也是最重要的事:学会如何调节自己的情绪。
And so self regulation is the very first primary endeavor that you need to undertake, is figure out how to regulate your own emotions.
这部分不错的地方在于,这些都是可以学习的技能。
And that's the nice part, is these are skills, and they're skills that can be taught.
但遗憾的是,甚至在二年级时,也没有这样的课程。
And unfortunately, don't there's no class, even in like second grade, there's no class.
你该怎么让自己平静下来?
How do you calm down?
但应该是有这么一门课的。
But there probably should be.
对于正在经历情感动荡关系的人,如果他们觉得我真的需要学会情绪调节,你会给出什么建议?
What would be your prescription to somebody who is going through emotionally turbulent relationship stuff, and they're thinking, I really could do with regulating.
这段分手经历让我内心翻江倒海。
This breakup is is turning me inside out.
我停不下来地想他们,诸如此类的事情。
I can't stop thinking about them, whatever whatever.
科学上怎么说人们应该如何从分手中恢复?
What does science say about how people should recover from a breakup?
人们通常会采取几种不同的方法。
There's a couple of different approaches that people take.
对我而言,我的方法是转移注意力。
And for me, mine is distraction.
我认为转移注意力非常重要,是一种健康的转移方式。
I I think distraction is very important, healthy distraction.
所以,不要用酒精来分散注意力,比如。
So, don't distract yourself with alcohol, for example.
喝一杯,没问题。
One drink, fine.
你知道的,没什么大不了的。
You know, no big deal.
但健康的分散注意力方式是去工作。
But healthy distraction is go to work.
全身心投入其中。
Pour yourself into it.
去上学。
Go to school.
全身心投入其中。
Pour yourself into it.
健康的分散注意力方式是和朋友一起出去玩。
Healthy distraction is hanging out with your friends.
加入一个新的娱乐联盟,玩踢球游戏,什么都行。
Join a new rec league, play kickball, whatever.
你知道的,我不在乎。
You know, I don't care.
但无论你对什么感兴趣,如果是电子游戏,那也没问题。
But whatever you're interested in, if it's video games, that's fine.
这就足以给你一个机会,让你真正冷静下来。
That is enough to kind of give you a chance to literally calm down.
而且你不想迷失在这些事情里,但能有几个晚上睡个好觉真的非常重要。
And you don't want to get lost in those things, but just having a couple of good nights where you sleep is really important.
所以,如果你能通过举重、跑步,或者踢足球之类的活动让自己疲惫,从而睡个好觉,你的身体就会开始以之前无法做到的方式自我修复。
So if you can tire yourself out by lifting heavy, by running along, well, you know, whatever it is, playing soccer, and so you sleep as a result, your body's just gonna start taking care of itself in ways that it just was unable to before.
是的。
Yeah.
我学到的另一件有趣的事是,人们的负罪感几乎总是与他们被抓住的可能性直接相关。
Another interesting thing that I learned is people's sense of guilt is almost always directly correlated with the likelihood that they're going to be caught.
所以这是一种进化理论,完全合理的是,如果有人做过某事,比如开车时一个说唱歌手从车里冲出来,当时风特别大,把他吹走了。
So this is an evolutionary theory, and it makes complete sense that if somebody's ever done something, they were driving down a road and a rapper came out of the car and there was super strong wind and it blew away.
然后你会想,我肯定找不到,也不会有人知道。
And you're like, I'm never gonna find no one's ever gonna know.
那是在半夜发生的。
There was an it was in the middle of the night.
或者你在人来人往的社区里做这件事,很多人看得清清楚楚,他们会想:那个说唱歌手刚才是不是从那辆车里出来的?
Or you do it in the middle of a busy neighborhood and tons of people can see, and they're like, did that rapper just come out of that car?
是那个Instagram上的马克斯·黄油菲尔德医生吗?
Is that doctor Max Butterfield from Instagram?
像这种人,我真的超讨厌。
Like, the the likely I hate that guy.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我和我男朋友分手是因为他。
I broke up with my boyfriend because of him.
你被抓住的可能性与你内心的愧疚感成正比。
The likelihood of you being caught is directly correlated with the amount of guilt that you feel.
每当我看到有人在压力下,比如现在正有大量关于爱泼斯坦文件的法庭案件。
And I just every time that I see situations where someone is under pressure being there's there's all of these court cases going on at the moment about the Epstein files.
对吧?
Right?
人们被不断质询、盘问,或者不管怎么说。
And people are being poked and prodded and and and cross examined or whatever.
我觉得这事儿可不小。
And I'm looking this is big shit.
对吧?
Right?
这绝对是目前世界上最大的案子,可能在相当长一段时间内都不会有比这更大的了,而他就是历史上最恶劣的人,等等等等。
This is really fucking this is the biggest case in the world right now and probably the biggest one that'll happen for quite a while, and he's the worst guy in history and so on and so forth.
我看着这些人,观察着他们,心想:这个混蛋怎么还能呼吸得这么慢?
And I'm looking at these people, and I'm watching them, and I'm thinking, how's this motherfucker breathing so slowly?
对我来说,这只有几种可能。
And it's to me, it's one one of a few things.
要么就是个练瑜伽、搞呼吸法的人,神经系统像玻璃湖一样平静,是的。
Either goat meditator breath work practitioner with a fucking nervous system like a glass lake Yeah.
他没做过,而且重要的是,他不认为自己会被冤枉,没错。
Didn't do it and and importantly, didn't do it and doesn't think that he's going to be falsely accused Sure.
因为他根本没做过,所以既没有做坏事的快感,又背负着内疚的所有负担,却连真正逃脱惩罚的好处都得不到。
Of having done it because didn't do it and still might do it is all of the disadvantages of guilt without any of the benefits of actually having to get away with the fucking thing.
是的。
Yeah.
或者第三种情况,他根本不在乎自己会不会被抓,不管他有没有做这件事。
Or the third one just straight up doesn't think that he's gonna be caught regardless of whether he did it or not.
所以,是的,这很有趣,尤其是看着一个自己承认了罪行、或者可能已经被抓的人。
So, yeah, that I just it's interesting, especially watching somebody who did it, announced it themselves, or maybe he got caught.
他并没有真的说清楚,或者说他告诉过她。
He didn't really say, or he says that he told her.
这种事后内疚的感觉对我来说特别有趣,因为显然所有的证据都已经公开了。
This, like, retrospective guilt thing is real interesting to me because obviously all of the evidence is out there.
他早就把一切都说了。
He's already said it all.
对。
Right.
而且,你知道,还有另一种可能性,那就是毒品。
And, you know, well, there's another possibility as well, and that's drugs.
你知道吗,当你服用β受体阻滞剂时,比如,我不确定你是否了解β受体阻滞剂,但它的作用是阻断身体感知焦虑的能力。
You know, when you take beta blockers, for example, I don't know if you know about beta blockers, but basically it it blocks the ability in your body to detect that you're feeling anxious.
它们原本是用于其他用途的,但如果你要参加台球比赛,不想手抖,或者要进行重要演讲,你也可以服用β受体阻滞剂。
And they're meant for something else, but you know, you could take them if you have a, you're going to go into like a billiards tournament and you don't want shaky hands, so you take beta blockers or you have a big presentation.
它们是处方药,所以你必须去看医生才能拿到。
And they're prescription only, so you have to go to your physician to get them.
但这些β受体阻滞剂本质上会降低你的心率、呼吸频率和血压,所有这些指标都会下降,同时还会让你产生脱节感。
But these beta blockers essentially lower your heart rate, lower your respiration rate, lower your blood pressure, like all that stuff, but they also disconnect.
所以你不会感受到心跳加速的感觉。
So you don't feel that sensation of the beating heart.
因此,任何人均有可能使用。
So, you know, there could be any, anybody,
我见过有人用增强表现的药物,他们在打鸡血。
I've seen files are using performance enhancing They're juicing.
就是这样。
That's what it is.
他们在使用兴奋剂。
They're juicing.
但说真的。
But come on.
如果我跟你说,他们去看医生,说我要去法庭,必须保持冷静,你会感到震惊吗?
If I said that to you, would you be shocked if the, know, they went to their doctor and they said, I gotta go to the courtroom, and I have to I have to maintain calm.
那你怎么办?
Like, what do you do?
β受体阻滞剂。
Beta blockers.
搞定。
Done.
老兄。
Bruh.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
你大概不知道,你正在帮助人们调节情绪,让他们能够应对关于参与史上最糟糕阴谋的盘问。
Little do you know that you're helping people regulate their way through being cross examined about being a part of the fucking worst conspiracy in history.
那个,我们直接剪掉这段吧。
That let's just let let's cut this.
拜托,老兄。
Come on, man.
你得帮帮我。
You gotta you gotta help me out.
好的。
Yeah.
明白。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
分手的哀伤和亲人去世的哀伤,在神经层面如何相似?它们对我们的依恋系统的影响有何相似之处?
How similar is grieving a breakup to grieving a death, like, neurologically in terms of the way that it it sort of impacts our attachment system?
我认为在很多方面,它们是相同的。
I think in many ways, it's the same.
是的。
Yeah.
我们的调节系统非常粗糙。
We're we're very we have very blunt instruments in terms of our regulatory systems.
比如战斗或逃跑反应。
And it's like fight or flight, for example.
被熊追和和妈妈吵架,会激活同样的系统。
The idea that we're being chased by a bear is going to activate the same systems as getting in a fight with your mom.
也许程度不同,但这就是一个系统,要么开启,要么关闭。
And maybe not to the same degree, but it's just one system and it's either on or off.
在很多方面,我认为悲伤也是如此。
And in many ways, I think grief is the same.
因此,任何形式的失去——无论是失去你的狗、你的祖母,还是你的恋爱伴侣——
And so as a result, any kind of loss, whether you lose your dog or your grandma or your romantic partner.
我们只有这些非黑即白的粗糙机制。
We just have these blunt instruments that are kind of on or off.
本集由Gymshark赞助播出。
This episode is brought to you by Gymshark.
你在健身房时希望看起来和感觉都很好,而Gymshark生产着全球最好的男装和女装健身服饰。
You want to look and feel good when you're in the gym, and Gymshark makes the best men's and girls' gym wear on the planet.
坦白说吧。
Let's face it.
你越喜欢自己的健身装备,就越有可能去锻炼。
The more that you like your gym kit, the more likely you are to train.
他们为男性设计的混合训练短裤是世界上最好的男式短裤。
Their hybrid training shorts for men are the best men's shorts on the planet.
他们的徽标连帽衫和浅灰色是我每次出行时必带的装备。
Their crest hoodie and light gray is what I fly in every single time I want a plane.
GeoSeamless T恤是我健身时的必备单品。
The geoseamless T shirt is a staple in the gym for me.
基本上,他们生产的每一件产品都剪裁绝佳、品质超群。
Basically, everything they make, it's unbelievably well fitted, high quality.
价格还很便宜。
It's cheap.
你享有30天免费退换、全球配送,以及全站9折优惠。
You get thirty days of free returns, global shipping, and a 10% discount site wide.
请访问下方描述中的链接,或前往 gym.sh/modernwisdom。
Go to the link in the description below or head to gym.sh/modernwisdom.
结账时使用代码 modernwisdom10。
Use the code modernwisdom10 at checkout.
那就是 gym.sh/modernwisdom,结账时使用代码 modernwisdom10。
That's gym.sh/modernwisdom and modernwisdom10 at checkout.
为什么我们总是反复思虑这么多?
Why do we ruminate so much?
反复思虑的作用是什么?
What's the role of rumination?
关于这一点有多种理论。
There a variety of theories about that.
你之前提到过进化理论,其中一种观点是,反复思虑能防止你将来再犯同样的错误。
You know, you mentioned evolutionary theory before, and one idea is that rumination will prevent you from doing this in the future.
这是一种适应性机制,随着时间推移,那些倾向于反复思虑的人实际上会犯更少的错误。
So this is an applied mechanism that over time, people who tended to ruminate would make less mistakes actually over time.
这只是其中一种理论,他们也更有可能生存下来。
You know, just kind of one theory, and they'd be more likely to survive.
比如说,有一天你不小心用石头割断了手指,或者撞伤了什么的。
So you accidentally cut off your finger with a rock back the day, and you know, you smash it or whatever.
这其实就是最基本的学习。
That's just kind of basic learning.
别再这么做了。
Don't do that again.
如果你一直担心,别砸到手指,别砸到手指,记得上次我砸到手指的事,你就更不可能再砸到自己的手指了。
And if you're constantly worrying, don't smash my finger, don't smash my finger, remember that time I smashed my finger, you're a lot less likely to smash your finger.
分手或其他事情也是一样的。
And it's the same with breakups or anything else.
所以这是一种理论。
So that's one theory.
另一种理论则更贴近你当下的生活。
Another is much more local, kind of present to your own life.
它在当下对你起到某种作用,那就是你反复思考时,实际上会从中获得某种回报。
And that is it serves a function for you in the moment, which is you ruminate and you get in some ways rewarded by that.
它会给你带来某种刺激,无论是多巴胺还是其他东西,这种反复思考本身具有奖励性,尽管它同时也是一种惩罚。
It creates maybe stimulation in you, whether it's dopamine or anything else, and that rumination makes it's rewarding, even though it's punishing at the same time.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
再者,这种观点认为,有时候惩罚性的事情反而让人感觉良好,比如五年级的那个小丑,被老师训斥时,其他学生却都在笑。
Again, this idea that sometimes punishing things can feel good, like that class clown in fifth grade that gets yelled at by the teacher, but all the other students laugh.
这种惩罚在很多方面实际上起到了强化作用。
That punishment is actually reinforcing in many ways.
所以另一种理论是,反刍思维是我们陷入的一种循环。
So that's another theory is that rumination is this loop that we get stuck in.
这当然让我们感觉糟糕,但同时也可能自我延续。
That certainly makes us feel bad, but also it can be self continuing.
因此,不同的人对理解它有不同的方法。
And so, different people have different, you know, different approaches to understanding it.
对我来说,当我给人们提供建议时,我更关注的是:这种行为对你有什么作用?
For me, that's what I like to look at when I'm advising people is what function is this serving for you?
大多数人会说:你在说什么?
And most people say, what are you talking about?
这根本没什么作用。
That's not serving any function.
这就是为什么这种情况不断发生,因为我们缺乏这样的洞察力,即它实际上是在起作用。
And that's why it keeps happening, is because we don't have that insight that it actually is doing something.
所以我们必须弄清楚它的根源。
And that's why we have to get to the bottom of it.
里克·汉森和他的儿子福雷斯特合办了一个名为《Being Well》的播客。
Rick Hansen has a podcast with his son, Forrest, called Being Well.
他们做了一整期关于反刍的节目,而这是我发现最有趣的内容之一。
And they did a full episode on rumination, and that was one of the things that I found so fascinating.
他鼓励人们问这个问题。
He asked gets people to ask this question.
你的反刍给你带来了什么?
What are you getting out of your rumination?
你的反刍到底给你带来了什么?对,就是这个。
What are you getting out of your what what is it that Right.
它在为你做什么?
It's doing for you?
你说得对。
And you're right.
当你第一次想到这个问题时,你会想:你这话到底是什么意思?
When you first think about that question, you go, what the fuck do you mean?
如果我能把这种想法从我体内驱逐出去,如果我能彻底清除它,我当然会这么做。
If I could exorcise this out of me, if I could expunge it from myself, of course I would.
我不希望再去想那些过去的事情,或者昨晚晚餐时我说过的那句蠢话,或者那个我很喜欢的人可能不喜欢我,或者担心她不喜欢我,又或者担心我女朋友会发现我出轨了。
I don't wanna be thinking about this thing from the past or the this stupid sentence that I said at dinner last night or how that person that I really like probably doesn't like me back, and I'm worried that they don't or whatever, that that my girlfriend's gonna find out that I cheated on her.
但事实就是这样。
But it is.
确实如此。
It is.
有几点见解,至少我觉得它们有一定道理。
And a couple of things a couple of insights that that I think at least hold a bit of water.
其中之一是,人类的头脑极度厌恶不确定性。
One is that the human mind abhors uncertainty so much.
模糊性和不确定性正是焦虑的温床。
Ambiguity and uncertainty are kind of one of the seats of of, like, the germinators of anxiety.
当你面临模糊和不确定性时,你宁愿想象一场灾难,也不愿面对这种模糊。
And if you've got ambiguity and uncertainty, you would rather imagine a catastrophe than deal with ambiguity.
因为发生了什么、将来会怎样、这会对未来意味着什么, somewhere 存在一个未完成的循环,而你正在把它闭合。
Because what happened, what is going to happen, what this means for the future, there is an open loop somewhere, and you're closing it.
你正在将它压缩简化。
You're collapsing it down.
但由于我们有负面偏见,你压缩后的结果可能是某种极端糟糕的情境,甚至违背了宇宙的物理法则。
But because we have a negativity bias, you're collapsing it down to perhaps a situation so bad that even the physics of the universe couldn't allow it to.
比如,你已故的奶奶复活了,看到你欺骗了女朋友,然后整个宇宙——我的意思是,这家伙居然让全世界都知道了。
You know, your fucking dead grandmother comes back and she sees that you cheated on your girlfriend and then the entire universe well, I mean, this guy's managed to make the entire world see.
你正在将所有不确定性叠加态压缩成某种确定的结果,这充分说明了人类多么厌恶模糊和不确定性,宁愿想象灾难也不愿接受未知。
You are collapsing down the superposition of all of the uncertainty into something, And it just goes to show how much humans abhor ambiguity and uncertainty that we would rather imagine a catastrophe than deal with not knowing.
对。
Right.
我觉得这是一个相当不错的见解。
I think that's a pretty cool insight.
而且,这方面另一个因素是,我们的大脑也是。
Well, and another element of this is that our brains are also.
认知上的吝啬鬼,它们倾向于选择阻力最小的路径。
Cognitive misers, they want to take the path of least resistance.
它们只想做最容易的事,所以如果你形成了一条路径,这实际上是在很大程度上忽略了许多细节。
They want to do the thing that's easiest, and so if you wear in a path, this is, you know, very much kind of glossing over a lot of details.
但如果你形成了一条路径,这条路径就会被反复使用,一次又一次。
But if you wear in a path, that path is going to get used again and it's going to get used again and again.
所以,如果你有一次反复思虑,下次再反复思虑的可能性就会增加。
And so if you ruminate once, you're a little more likely to ruminate again.
如果你再次反复思虑,你就知道这会走向哪里了——这并不好。
And if you ruminate again and you see where this is going, this isn't good.
因此,如果我们天生就有反复思虑的倾向,而这种倾向由于认知结构本身具有自我强化的特性,那么一旦这种反复思虑开始,我们很大程度上就陷入困境了,除非有干预。
So if we have an evolved tendency to ruminate and it can serve a function for us and it's self reinforcing just because of cognitive architecture, we're kind of doomed in a lot of ways once that rumination starts, unless there's intervention.
而干预措施,我的意思是,治疗可能有帮助,但还有其他干预方式。
And interventions, I mean, therapy can be helpful, but there are other interventions as well.
只是打破你的日常习惯,去别的地方,做点别的事情。
Just breaking your routine, going somewhere else, doing something else.
并不总是非得靠治疗。
It doesn't always have to be therapy.
治疗对一些人有好处,但对其他人来说,你可以在不进行这种昂贵而严肃的干预的情况下做到这一点。
Therapy's good for some people, but for others, you can do this without, you know, this serious kind of costly intervention.
就是去做点别的事。
It's like do something else.
想点别的事。
Think about something else.
是的。
Yeah.
看起来你是在暗示,在经历困难时期之后,你的想法内容非常重要——如果你想要走出当前的困境,给自己一些新的思维空间。
It it it seems like you're suggesting that the content of your thoughts after a difficult period are are pretty important that if you want to get over whatever it is that's happening, giving yourself some fresh territory to inhabit.
该死。
Fuck.
我真的、真的讨厌这样:每当我的伴侣出去玩了一晚上,第二天早上我就开始担心他,担心有没有收到他的短信。每天早上我醒来,都会想到那个女孩,想着她怎么还没回我消息之类的。
I I I really, really hate the way that if my partner's been on a night out, that I worry about them the next morning and whether I've got a text or the I I every morning, I wake up and I think about that girl and hasn't she hasn't texted me back or whatever.
好吧。
It's like, okay.
也许你可以尝试做一些不同的事,因为你的想法总是和你习惯的行为模式绑定在一起,比如一醒来就立刻看手机,或者一醒来就去房子的某个地方吃早餐。
Well, maybe if you do something different because your thoughts are attached to the patterns that you've been behaving, the fact that you get up and look at your phone straight away or the fact that you get up and go to that part of the house in order to get breakfast.
也许你可以一醒来就直接去咖啡馆,这样就打破了你原有的行为模式,从而也会改变你的思维方式。
Well, maybe if you got up and went straight to a coffee shop, that pattern's already disrupted the way that you operate, and therefore it's going to disrupt the way that you think.
没错。
Exactly.
你知道吗,如果你一醒来就立刻查看手机,那就把手机放别处。
You know, if you wake up and you check your phone instantly, put your phone somewhere else.
把它放在车库里,或者睡觉前放在车里。
Put it in the garage, put it in the car before you go to bed.
这不需要那么复杂。
It doesn't have to be complicated.
只需要稍微改变一下。
It just is switch things up a little bit.
我认为人们往往想得太复杂,尤其是那些容易反复思虑的人。
And I think people over complicate, especially people who tend to ruminate.
他们觉得,一定得对。
They're like, Well, there has to Right.
有个复杂的
Be a complicated
如果我有反复思虑的问题,就让我思虑吧。
Allow me to ruminate if I have my rumination problem.
是的。
Yeah.
不,正是如此。
No, exactly.
没错。
Exactly.
而且我觉得有时候,你只需要和自己争论一下,一点点地反驳,你不必完全证明那些反复思考的念头是错的,只需要一点点地削弱它。
And I think sometimes also just arguing with yourself, just chipping, you don't have to completely prove the rumination wrong, but just chipping away at it.
不久前我和一个人聊天,他担心和他分手后,那个女人正过着最好的生活。
I was talking to a guy a while back, and he was worried that this woman he broke up with was living her best life after they broke up.
这个念头在他脑海里一遍又一遍地冒出来。我对他说,你怎么知道她今天没有踩到口香糖呢?
And he just had that thought just kept popping into his head over and over and over And I said to him, how do you know she didn't step in gum today?
他可能会想,我不知道,也许她确实做了。
He's like, I don't know, maybe she did.
也许她确实做了。
Maybe she did.
你知道吗,有时候只需要一点点可能性就够了。
You know, and that's all it takes is just a little bit of possibility.
你也可以对自己这样做。
And you can do that to yourself.
就跟自己辩论一下。
Just argue with yourself.
我不想说这只是一个简单的解决办法。
And it's not, I don't want to say that there's just a simple solution.
你只需要停止这样想就行了。
All you have to do is stop thinking that way.
完全不是这么回事。
That's not it at all.
这必须是有意为之的。
It has to be very intentional.
你真的需要采取行动。
You actually have to take steps.
把手机放在车里,出去吃早餐,一点点化解。
Put your phone in the car, go out for breakfast, chip away.
也许她真的踩到口香糖了。
Maybe she did stepping gum.
而这些小事日积月累,影响真的很大。
And those things really add up over time.
我很喜欢把反复思考看作是一位老师的这个想法。
I love the idea of rumination being a a teacher.
我喜欢这个想法的原因是,我觉得很多人在处理第一层情绪时就有问题,对吧,比如感到悲伤。
And the reason that I like it is I think a lot of people have a problem with their first order emotions, right, feeling sad.
但真正的问题其实在于第二层和第三层情绪。
But it's really the second and third order emotions.
这是他们对自身悲伤的沮丧,以及随之而来的对这种沮丧的苦涩感。
It's their frustration at their sadness and then their bitterness about their frustration about their sadness.
但如果你陷入这种对自身所做或自认为所做的一切荒唐事,或是本应预见却未预见之事的无尽自我鞭挞循环中,一个很好的解决方法是再次思考:这究竟对你有何益处?即便我们此刻从进化视角探讨的是终极结果而非直接后果。
But if you've got this infinite regress of self flagellation about all of the bullshit that you've done or think that you've done or how you should have seen the thing that you're going to do, a nice way to work out, again, how is this serving you even if it's an ultimate as opposed to a proximate outcome that we're playing with now from an evolutionary lens.
有趣的是,你会意识到:哦,它是在试图保护我。
What's cool is you go, oh, it's trying to keep me safe.
它是在试图教会我些什么。
It's trying to teach me something.
我经历了一段非常艰难痛苦的时期,这让我不断思考它。
I went through this very difficult, painful situation, and it's making me think about it.
然后我又因为自己总在想这件事而觉得自己是个傻瓜。
And then it's making me think about how much of an idiot I am for thinking about it.
接着我又因为自己竟然如此纠结于这件事而感到沮丧。
And then it's getting me frustrated at how much of an idiot I think I am for how much I'm thinking about it.
所有这些其实都是在试图调动防御机制,确保我安全,并让我的未来生活顺利。
And all of this is just trying to marshal defenses to make sure that I'm safe and make sure that my life goes well moving forward.
所以谢谢你。
So thank you.
谢谢你们,数百万年进化来的本能,还在努力保护我。
Thank you, many million year old programming, for trying to keep me safe.
我觉得至少这能帮助缓解人们对这种反复自责所持有的评判态度,
And it just I think it at least helps to it's a solvent that helps to dissolve a little bit of the judgment that people have around That that
这种自我评判实在太普遍了。
kind of self judgment is so prevalent.
我真的很羡慕那些不总爱想东想西的人,你知道的,他们能说停就停,去跑步,或者关掉思绪看看电视,或者做他们想做的任何事。
And I really envy the people who don't think, you know, who just can turn it off and go for that run or turn it off and just watch TV or, you know, whatever it is that they do.
但那不是我。
Because that's not me.
我认为大多数人对自己苛刻地评判,不仅评判他们做过的事,更特别评判他们没做过的事,那些他们本可以采取的其他选择。
And I think most people find themselves really harshly judging, not just what they've done, but especially what they haven't done, what they could have done as an alternative.
现在有很多新的研究,我们实验室也做了一些相关研究,探讨同情心与自我同情之间的区别。
And there's a lot of new research out there about, and we do some of this in our research lab, about the difference between compassion and self compassion.
有趣的是,假设你像这个家伙一样作弊了,他确实应该为此感到内疚。
And what's really interesting is if so suppose you cheat like this guy, and he should feel guilty for that.
别误会我的意思。
Don't get me wrong.
他确实应该为此感到非常内疚。
He should feel very guilty about that.
但话又说回来,我更容易对自己说:你知道吗?
But that being said, it's much easier for me to say, You know what?
每个人都会犯错。
Everybody makes mistakes.
往前看吧。
Move on.
也许下次别在奥运会上再提这件事了。
Maybe don't mention it at the Olympics again next time.
但原谅自己往往要困难得多。
But to forgive yourself is often much more difficult.
因此,研究人员最近一直在关注这种差异。
So there's this disparity that researchers have been targeting recently.
为什么在别人身上,我们很容易知道何时该施以同情?
Why is it that it's easy to know when to apply compassion to someone else's life?
而在我们自己身上,却对那些本可以做、没做或本该做得不同的事充满内疚和羞愧。
And in our own case, we have a lot of guilt and shame about what we could have done or what we didn't do or what we should have done differently.
这会引发后续的问题。
And that creates problems downstream.
你如何建议人们培养更多的自我同情?
How do you advise people to develop more self compassion?
这还是研究的前沿领域,目前还没有很好的干预方法。
It's such the cutting edge of research that there is not a good intervention right now.
有一些方法,有一位名叫克里斯汀·内夫的研究者,可以说是这方面的权威。
There are some, there's this researcher named Kristin Neff, who is kind of the guru of this.
她指出的一种方法是,像给朋友写信那样给自己写一封信,这会非常有帮助。
And one of the things she shows is that kind of like writing a letter to yourself as you would to a friend can be really helpful.
即使只是写一封信给朋友,建议他们在同样情况下该怎么做,也会很有用。
Even just writing a letter to a friend, advising them if they were in the same situation, here's what you should do.
所以,很多关键在于自我反思,意识到我们对待自己和对待他人的方式是不同的。
So a lot of it has to do with self reflection and just being aware of this fact that we're treating ourselves differently than other people.
但说实话,研究人员目前正在寻找有效的干预手段。
But truly, researchers are looking for interventions as we speak.
我们的实验室也在做这方面的研究,因为这是一个普遍存在但最近才被识别出来的问题。
We're doing it in our lab as well because it's such a prevalent problem that only recently has been identified.
太酷了。
Very cool.
跟我谈谈高拒绝敏感性。
Talk to me about high rejection sensitivity.
我之前对此有些感觉,但直到开始研究后,我才第一次听到这个正式术语,是的。
I'd had an inclination about this, but I'd never heard it as a formal term before I started looking Yeah.
在你的
At your
拒绝敏感性基本上就是:你喜欢被拒绝吗?
So rejection sensitivity is basically, do you like rejection or not?
大多数人不喜欢,所以不喜欢被拒绝是正常的。
And most people don't, so it's normal not to like it.
但它对你的后续影响有多大?
But how much does it affect you downstream?
有些人的情况是,他们对被拒绝如此敏感,以至于即使根本没有被拒绝,也会察觉到被拒绝的迹象。
And some people, what happens is they are so sensitive to being rejected that they see signs of it even when they haven't been rejected at all.
所以你发短信给我,我没有立刻回复。
So you send me a text and I don't respond instantly.
如果你有很高的拒绝敏感性,就会想:哦,他讨厌我。
If you were high in rejection sensitivity, it's, oh, he hates me.
可能他再也不想和我说话了。
And probably he never wants to talk to me again.
你知道吗?
And you know what?
我再也不会跟他说话了。
I'm never gonna talk to him again.
我会让他好看的。
I'll show him.
这样一来,它就会制造出这些动荡的社交环境,让你现在看到的是一种无处不在的拒绝视角。
And so what that does is it creates these turbulent social environments, where you are now seeing, it's a lens that you see rejection everywhere.
即使情况只是模棱两可,比如有时人们没有立刻回短信。
Even when it's just ambiguous, sometimes people don't text right back.
因此,拒绝敏感性在某些方面与神经多样性有关。
And so rejection sensitivity has been associated with neurodivergence in some ways.
所以你偶尔会在自闭症患者或注意力缺陷多动障碍患者身上看到这种现象。
So you occasionally see it in people with autism or people with ADHD.
在人格障碍患者中,这种现象的发生率要高得多。
You'll see it in people with personality disorders at a much higher rate.
其原因并不一定是它导致了这些障碍,而是它是多种行为、生活方式以及看待世界方式中的一部分。
And the reason why isn't necessarily because it's causing those disorders, but it's part of a constellation of behaviors and kind of ways of living and lenses of viewing the world.
是的。
Yeah.
那你能不能谈谈,你希望更多男女知道如何表达兴趣的方式?
What about what talk to me about some of the ways that you wish more men and women knew how to signal interest.
因为我觉得现在网上越来越多地出现这种情况。
Because I think this is something I'm seeing more of online now.
也许这是后#MeToo时代的一种产物,男性被教导的不仅是‘不就是不’,而且任何不够明确、不够强烈的‘当然愿意’都可能意味着‘赶紧离开我’。
Maybe this is kind of the progeny of a post me too world where men have been taught not only that no means no, but that anything short of a really, really obvious hell yeah is probably get the fuck away from me.
对。
Right.
他们不想让女性感到不适,不想越界,害怕卷入类似#MeToo的事件,而且他们本质上都是好人。
And they don't want to make women feel uncomfortable, and they don't wanna blow through boundaries that aren't there, and they're scared of being a part of some me too, and they're just good people generally.
所以我看到越来越多这样的情况。
So I'm seeing more.
有个视频里,一个女孩谈到在纽约,女性正在偷金融界精英们的沙拉。
There was a video of a girl talking about how in New York people women are stealing Finance Bros salads.
我见过这种情况。
I've seen that.
是的。
Yeah.
完全正确。
Absolutely.
有个女孩在中央公园散步,胸部相当丰满,没穿上衣,也没穿内衣,她说,看我的皮肤在发光,但没有一个男人会过来跟我搭讪。
There's a girl walking through Central Park with, like, pretty big boobs and no top on no top on, no bra on, saying, like, no my skin's glowing and no guy's gonna come up and talk to me.
还有另一个视频,一个女孩穿着长裙,就是那种派对连衣裙走在街上,配文大概是:我等不及要出门,然后在酒吧里没有一个男人来搭讪我。
There's another one of a girl walking in a maxi dress, this party dress down the street, and the caption's something like, I can't wait to go out and have no guy come up to me at the bar.
你希望更多男性和女性了解如何表达兴趣?
What do you wish more men and women knew about how to signal interest?
是的。
Yeah.
这比你想象的要简单得多。
It's much simpler than you would imagine.
你不需要什么技巧。
You don't need tricks.
最简单的方式就是直接说,嘿,你很可爱之类的。
The easiest way to do it is to say, hey, you're cute or whatever.
我不知道人们会怎么说。
I don't know what people say.
就是普通人,正常人类,你懂的。
Normal people, human beings, you know.
但你可以随便说点什么。
But you could say whatever.
你可以说,嘿,我喜欢你。
You can say, hey, I like you.
或者,嘿,你的靴子太帅了。
Or hey, that's a killer boots.
这是个很棒的说法。
That is a great phrase.
没那么危险。
Not super dangerous.
你知道,我认为调情和表达兴趣的危险在于你可能会太过分。
You know, that's the danger I think with flirting and signaling interest is that you can go too far.
你绝对可能会过头。
You can absolutely go overboard.
比如评论别人的身体,大概就不要这么做。
And commenting on people's bodies, for example, probably don't do that.
评论他们的衣服属于身体相关行为,因此也可能有风险。
Commenting on their clothes is body adjacent, and so that can be dangerous as well.
比如,
Like,
身体相关。
Body adjacent.
是的,确实如此,你知道的。
Yeah, it really is, you know?
就像,哦,这件上衣挺紧身的,你知道的,比如
It's like, Oh, that top is pretty tight, You know, like
对。
Yeah.
所以你确实需要小心。
And so you do have to be careful.
调情本质上就是模棱两可的。
Flirting by its very nature is ambiguous.
这就是为什么这样很好。
That's why it's good.
人们在很多方面已经失去了调情的能力,这并不是因为#MeToo运动,而是因为我觉得人们在职场和学校里把调情过度化了,结果我们不得不告诉他们:好了,别再这样做了。
People have lost the ability in many ways to flirt because, not because of me too, but because I think people took flirting a little too far in the workplace, in schools, and as a result, we had to teach them, Okay, stop doing that.
别再评论别人的身材了。
You know, stop commenting on people's bodies.
在某些情况下,这是不受欢迎的。
That's not welcome in some cases.
但我认为,坦率直接是有帮助的,但这也很难,因为你必须主动展现自己。
But I think that's why being forthright is helpful, but it's hard because you have to put yourself out there.
而调情则不同,它像是:也许我喜欢你,也许我不喜欢。
Whereas with flirting, it's like, oh, maybe I like you, maybe I don't.
所以如果你根本没有明确表达出喜欢我,我就无法拒绝你。
So you can't reject me if I haven't actually signaled that I like you.
但我觉得这种情况已经持续很久了。
But I feel like this has been going on a really long time.
大概八年前,我教课的时候有过一个瞬间,那时候交友应用——我不会说它们是寻找伴侣的主要方式——但确实变得比以前普遍多了。
I had a moment when I was teaching a class probably eight years ago, and this was when apps were, you know, they were, I wouldn't say the dominant form of dating apps of finding people, but they had become much more prevalent than they used to be.
班上有个我挺喜欢的男生,一个学生,我教过他几门课,他收到一个女孩的短信,不知道该怎么回复。
And there was this guy who I really liked in class, a student, and I'd had him for a couple courses, and he had gotten a text from a girl, and he didn't know how to respond.
当时班上有大概15个人同时给他出主意,教他该怎么回短信。
And there were in class, probably 15 people giving him advice on what to text back at once.
而我内心的反应是:哦,不。
And my reaction was, in my head, was, oh, no.
比如,他们争论的都是一些非常基础的东西。
Like, this isn't they're debating things that are so basic.
他们脑子里想得太多了。
They're in their head so much.
这些可怜的孩子根本没有机会。
They don't have a chance, these poor kids.
所以我认为在很多方面我们必须回归基础,而这在社交媒体上是非常困难的。
And so I think we have to get back to the basics in many ways, and it's very difficult on social media.
通过短信交流非常困难,因为你没有那种一来一往的互动。
It's very difficult through text because you don't have that back and forth.
如果我当面跟你开玩笑,稍微逗你一下,那会明显得多。
If I tell you a joke in person, I tease you a little bit, that's much more obvious.
但如果我发条短信,对方就会想:他是在讽刺吗?
But if I send a text, it's like, Was he being sarcastic?
他那么说是什么意思?
What did he mean by that?
而这些都是他们反复争论的问题。
And those were all the questions that they were debating back and forth.
比如,我该怎么回复那条消息?
Like, How do I respond to that?
所以部分原因在于我们沟通方式的局限性。
So part of it is just the limitations in the way we communicate.
另一则消息是,Shopify为美国10%的电商公司提供支持。
In other news, Shopify powers 10% of all ecommerce companies in The United States.
他们是Gymshark、Skims、Allo和Neutonic背后的推动力,这就是我与他们合作的原因。
They are the driving force behind Gymshark, Skims, Allo, and Neutonic, which is why I partnered with them.
因为当涉及到将浏览者转化为买家时,他们是最出色的。
Because when it comes to converting browsers into buyers, they are best in class.
与其它领先的电商平台相比,他们的结账流程平均提升了36%的转化率。
Their checkout is 36% better on average compared to other leading commerce platforms.
通过Shop Pay,你可以将转化率提升高达50%。
And with Shop Pay, you can boost conversions by up to 50%.
他们还提供获奖级别的支持,全程为你保驾护航。
Got award winning support there to help you every step of the way.
你看。
Look.
你创业不是为了学习编程、建网站或管理后台库存。
You are not going into business to learn how to code or build a website or do back end inventory management.
Shopify帮你处理所有这些事务,让你专注于你真正该做的事——设计并销售出色的产品。
Shopify takes care of all of that and allows you to focus on the job that you came here to do, which is designing and selling an awesome product.
升级你的业务,使用我和Neutonic在Shopify上相同的结账系统。
Upgrade your business and get the same checkout that I use with Neutonic on Shopify.
现在,你可以通过点击下方描述中的链接或访问shopify.com/modernwisdom(全部小写)来注册每月1美元的试用期。
Right now, you can sign up for a $1 per month trial period by going to the link in the description below or heading to shopify.com/modernwisdom, all lowercase.
访问shopify.com/modernwisdom,立即升级你的销售方式。
That's shopify.com/modernwisdom to upgrade your selling today.
把发短信的任务外包给关系中的人,这叫众包或众筹。
Crowdsourcing or crowdfunding your text back to someone in a relationship.
我的意思是,现在人们都会直接用ChattyPT。
I mean, now people would just use chatty p t.
你看过那集《南方公园》吗?里面所有男生都把发短信的任务外包给女朋友,是的。
You've seen that South Park episode, right, where all of the guys outsource their texts to their girlfriends to Yeah.
ChattyPT。
Chatty p t.
而他们的女朋友都过得很开心,男生们却纳闷:‘你怎么这么温柔?’直到他们发现,原来所有人都把短信外包给了大语言模型。
And all of their girlfriends are having such a lovely time, and the guy's like, how are you how is she so and then they realize that it's because everyone's fucking outsourced it to an LLM.
对。
Right.
你提到了人们的穿着。
You mentioned people's outfits.
科学对女性为什么打扮有什么说法?
What does science say about why women dress up?
关于这个问题有很多不同的观点。
There's a there's a lot of back and forth about that.
从进化心理学、文化心理学,甚至个性角度,都有各种论点,你知道的,多种多样的解释。
And, you know, there's arguments from evolutionary psych side, cultural psych, maybe personality, you know, a variety of things.
总而言之,我认为科学并没有给出明确的答案。
All that to say, I don't think science says anything.
我认为人们只是有各种理论。
I think people have theories.
我认为各方面都有一些证据。
I think there's evidence in one way or another.
但在我看来,最有说服力的证据是,这取决于具体情况,取决于具体语境。
But in my opinion, the evidence that's most persuasive is that it depends, and depends on the context.
所以在很多情况下,女性打扮是为了给彼此留下深刻印象,而不是为了取悦男性。
So in many cases, women dress up to impress each other more so than to impress men.
这似乎有违直觉,因为她们为什么要这样做呢?
And that seems counterintuitive, because why would they do that?
但人们想要这样做,背后有很多原因。
But there are a lot of reasons why you might want to do that.
女性与男性一样,也存在社会等级结构,她们不希望自己的伴侣被抢走。
Women have a social hierarchy in the same way that men do, and they don't want their mate to get poached.
因此,你不仅要向男性展示你是个有魅力的人,还要向其他女性表明:别来招惹我,你是在浪费时间。
And so you have to show not just a man that you're an attractive person, you have to show other women like, don't mess with me, you're wasting your time.
所以,就我个人而言,我觉得这个解释、这个证据相当有说服力,但并非所有人都这么认为。
So personally, I find that explanation, that evidence to be pretty persuasive, but not everyone does.
是的,这个观点很有意思。
Yeah, it's an interesting one.
我的意思是,我见过太多不同的研究了。
I mean, I've seen so many different studies.
有一个很棒的研究,我是从……不是乔伊斯·本尼森,也不是坎迪斯·布莱克,也不是科里·克拉克那里了解到的。
There was a great one that I learned about from, not Joyce Benninson or Candace Blake, not Corey Clark.
另一位进化心理学领域的女士教给我这个很棒的研究,他们有一个主角,就是研究中那个……他们怎么称呼那个参与者来着?
Someone else one of the one of the evolutionary psychology ladies taught me this great study where they had a protagonist, this what what do they call the the person that's the actor in a study?
叫什么来着?
What's it called?
实际上,我通常不太确定。
Typically, I don't know, actually.
我通常用Target的压缩粉饼。
Compact I usually use target.
不是压缩的。
Not compact.
用
Use
把目标人物当作个人。
target an actor personally.
好的。
Okay.
好吧,不管那个人是谁。
Well, whoever that is.
这项研究的一个版本,同一位女性出现了两次。
One version of the study same same woman twice.
这项研究的一个版本,她穿着相当暴露的服装。
One version of the study, she's wearing quite revealing clothing.
这项研究的第二个版本,她穿着比较保守的服装。
Second version of the study, she's wearing pretty covered up clothing.
有两个人以为自己即将参与这项研究,正等在外面——经典的‘你以为还没开始,其实已经开始’的情境。
And two people who think they're about to go into the study are waiting outside the classic it's begun before you think it's begun thing.
对。
Right.
主角走上前,向他们问路,然后他们进行了声音分析、微表情追踪、肢体语言变化等等。
The protagonist goes up, asks them for directions, and then they did vocal analysis, sort of microexpression tracking, body language changes, and stuff.
而同一个女人穿着更保守的衣服,显得相当友善,只是从她身边经过或随便说点什么。
And the same woman in much more conservative clothing that sort of quite kind and pass her on the way or just say whatever.
我认为他们反正也不知道需要把她指引到哪里去。
I don't think they know where they need to to send her in any case.
而在另一个版本中,有一种上下打量的眼神,然后问'你看到她要去哪儿了吗?'
And then in the other version of it, there's sort of this like, this sort of look up and down, and then did you see what she was going?
不对。
No.
不是。
No.
不。
No.
没有。
No.
所以我认为,男性可能会注意到她穿得更暴露,但我觉得这并不是因为衣服本身。
So I don't think I mean, guys might notice the fact that she was more revealing, but I don't think that it would be from the clothes.
我觉得他们并没有那么在意。
Don't think that they're paying as much attention.
我认为这就是女性不理解男性如何看待女性的地方。
I think this is the thing that women don't understand about what guys notice about women.
对。
Right.
我的意思是,你之前提到过那个关于阿玛尼西装的很棒的研究,那项研究到底是关于什么的?
I mean, there was that great study you you you talked about what was that study to do with the Armani suits?
是的。
Yeah.
这是一个经典的研究,探讨了女性之间的竞争,即同性竞争。
It's a classic classic study in just this idea that there is competition, intrasexual competition, competition among women, and between each other.
研究显示,如果让同一个男性穿上阿玛尼西装 versus 汉堡王的制服,然后问女性们。
And so the study shows that if you put guys in Armani suits versus Burger King attire, wear, the uniform, whatever, and you ask women, same guy.
所以,你穿着汉堡王的制服,你穿着阿玛尼西装,然后问女性哪个版本的克里斯。
So like, you have you wearing Burger King, and you have you wearing Armani suits, and you ask women which version of Chris.
但你不会这么说。
Now, and you wouldn't say it that way.
你会问:你觉得克里斯有吸引力吗?
It's like, do you think Chris is attractive?
而穿着阿玛尼西装的克里斯,人们会说:是的。
And the Armani suit Chris, people are like, yeah.
而穿着汉堡王制服的克里斯,女性则会说:不。
And in the Burger King uniform, people are like women are like, no.
是同一个人,只是衣服不同。
Same guy, just different clothes.
你有没有觉得,他有魅力?
Are you know, is he attractive?
他有魄力吗?
Is he powerful?
他是那种你想约会并共度一生的人吗?
Is he somebody you'd wanna date and mate with?
不太算。
Not really.
不是。
No.
但如果你对女性做同样的测试,男性们会说,是的,她很性感。
But if you do that with women, the guys are like, yeah, she's hot.
不管她穿什么,不管是那种有权力感的商务装,还是汉堡王的制服,都没关系。
Doesn't matter what she's wearing, whether it's the powerful, you know, business attire, whether it's the Burger King uniform.
这项研究已经被重复了很多次。
And this study has been replicated many, many times.
这项研究最早在90年代就被提出,此后一直以各种方式被持续研究。
First kind of discussed in the 90s, and it has continued to, you know, be investigated in many, many different ways.
所以我看到这个,就会谈论它,并说,是的,女性和男性一样都是渣男。
And so I look at that, and I talk about that, and I say, yeah, so women are pigs, just like men.
你明白吗?
You know?
我的意思是,这很像,我们有自己的领域,没错。
I mean, it's very like, we we have our own domains Correct.
在好色这方面。
Of being a pig.
是的。
Yeah.
它们略有不同,指向不同的方向。
They're slightly they're slightly different, and they're pointed in different directions.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为在某种程度上,这有点可悲:女性投入大量精力,以为存在某种男性法官或暴君,一个类似全景监狱般的神一样的人物在审视她们,评判她们的美貌标准,而实际上这种评判很大程度上来自内部。
I think it's it's kind of tragic in some ways that the amount of effort that women go through thinking that there is some sort of male judge or tyrant that's kind this Panopticon fucking godlike figure looking over them to judge their beauty standards when the call is very much coming from inside of the house.
而且,如果所有女性都不喜欢被强加的美丽标准,我觉得如果她们能以某种方式实现上帝视角般的协调,一致地说:好吧。
And if if all women didn't like the beauty standards that were being enforced, I feel like if they were somehow able to do god's eye coordination and all say, okay.
那我们为什么不一起尝试留短发、剪短指甲、不穿高跟鞋、不晒黑,还有其他那些东西呢?我们可以一起把市场需求降下来,男生们 probably 根本不会注意到。
Well, why don't we all try and have less long hair and less long nails and less high heels and less tan and all the rest of the stuff, we can kind of bring the market down together, and guys are probably not gonna fucking notice.
你上一次听到哪个男生说:‘你看到她的指甲了吗?’是什么时候?
Now when's the last time you heard a guy say, did you see her nails?
老兄,这太疯狂了。
Dude, it is wild.
我的意思是,珠宝这类服饰,大多数男生我猜根本不会在意。
I mean, that's the other thing that jewelry is a sort of area of attire that most guys I don't think really pay any attention to.
一个50美元的包和一个1万美元的爱马仕包,或者路易威登包之间的区别,还有街头品牌鞋子和一千美元品牌鞋子之间的区别。
The difference between a $50 bag and a $10,000 Birkin or a Louis Vuitton bag or something, the difference between this brand of shoes from the high street and this brand of shoes that's a thousand dollars.
我们根本搞不懂。
We have no idea.
你是说,谁会
Like, who do you who do you
觉得这些是为谁准备的?
think that this is for?
但同样的情况,完全相同的动态机制是成立的。
But the same thing, the same exact fucking dynamic is true.
哥们,你觉得那个女人对你宝马M3里的Recaro运动版座椅了解多少?
Guys, how much do you think that woman knows about the specific sporting cup edition Recaro seats that you've got inside of your BMW m three?
比如,哦,这是限量版,因为车尾有双排气管,还有黑色的饰件,中间是Alcantara材质的座椅,而且配备了其他版本的iDrive系统,不,不是的。
Like, do you oh oh, but this is a limited edition because it's got the the twin tip exhaust at the back, and they're the black the and then there's the Alcantara seat in the middle, and it's actually got the iDrive with the other like, no.
她不仅不知道,也不理解,更不在乎。
Not only does she not know, she doesn't understand or care.
没错。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
这其实关乎你如何分配精力,而不是一味地放大这种努力,你知道吗?
And it's, again, it's it's about allocation of your effort, not this amplification of that effort, you know?
无论是在说,我要改装我的车,让它成为一辆完美的车,最终吸引到我的真爱。
And whether it's like, hey, I'm gonna tweak my car so that's a perfect car that will finally attract the love of my life.
这太蠢了。
That's that's stupid.
你知道,这不会奏效的。
You know, that's that's not gonna work.
那么,你把精力用在别处能去哪儿呢?
So where can you put that effort instead?
直接去跟一个女人聊天吧。
Literally go talk to a woman.
这会是个艰难的挑战。
That would be tough one.
方向比速度重要,伙计。
Direction over speed, dude.
对。
Right.
方向比速度重要。
Direction over speed.
是一个男人说你太优秀了,配不上我,还是说你高攀不起我?
Is is a man saying you're too good for me or you're out of my league?
那是个危险信号吗?
Is that a red flag?
我看到有人说过,这是个危险信号。
I saw someone saying that that's a red flag.
我不这么认为。
I don't think so.
我的意思是,让我稍微解释一下。
I mean, well, let me let me back that up.
这有可能吗?
Can it be?
是的,但不能脱离上下文。
Yes, but not out of context.
你得想想他为什么这么说?
You have to consider why is he saying that?
所以,如果你把它当作一条笼统的建议,不,那并不是一个危险信号。
So if you give that as blanket advice, no, that is not a red flag.
它可能是一个积极的信号。
It could be a green flag.
这可能表明了一种谦逊的态度。
It could indicate humility.
但现实情况是,我们没有更多关于那个男人为什么这么说的信息。
But the reality there is we don't have more information about why did that guy say it?
所以这关乎投入,而不是制定这些规则。
And so this is about investment rather than creating these rules.
人们想要快速见效。
People want it fast.
他们就想这样,好吧,这家伙说了这话,所以他是个好人。
They want to be like, okay, this guy said this thing, therefore he's a good guy.
是的,这就像个魔法咒语。
Yeah, that's like a magic spell.
而人际关系并不是那样建立的。
And that is not how relationships are built.
它们需要时间来培养。
They're built over time.
它们是通过逐渐了解他人而建立的。
They're built by getting to know people.
而且,我的意思是,确实没有捷径可走,虽然确实有少数几句话说出来可能算是危险信号。
And there's just no way of, I mean, there are a few things people could say that would be a red flag.
比如,嘿,我要杀了你。
Like, Hey, I'm gonna murder you.
但即便如此,我刚才只是随口一说,也许这不算断章取义。
But even then, I just said it, and that's not out of context, maybe.
现在,你把这段剪出来,就会变成,哦,博士。
Now, you clip this, and it's like, Oh, Doctor.
巴特菲尔德在追求什么。
Butterfield is after.
他盯上了克里斯。
He's after Chris.
这可真是大麻烦了。
This is big trouble here.
但你知道,这就是为什么语境如此重要。
But, you know, that's why context is so important.
没有捷径可走。
There's no shortcuts.
我觉得这在很大程度上是你内容中的一个核心主题:如果我们从关系情境中截取非常短暂、脱离语境的片段,然后从中推导出普适性规则,最终就会陷入各种麻烦。
I think this is sort of much of the meta theme of what you're doing with your content, which is to say, if we take very short, out of context pieces of relationship situation and then apply a universal rule from that, we end up getting in all sorts of trouble.
这简直太棘手了,因为是的。
It's so super fucking squirrelly because yeah.
我的意思是,如果一个地位很高、自信满满的男人说‘你太优秀了,我配不上你’,这其实是个不错的赞美,而且可以表达得非常可爱、撩人。
I mean, you're too good for me is if said by a guy who's quite high status and self assured, actually quite a nice compliment, and it can be done in such a cute, flirty way.
没错。
Right.
你就是太优秀了,不适合我。
You're just too good for me.
我怎么会遇到像你这样的女孩呢?
How how have I ended up with a girl like you?
你知道吗,听到这样的话其实挺好的,尤其是当它不是出于卑微的讨好,而是真正发自内心的目光。
You know, that's a that's a nice thing to hear, especially if it's done from a place of not sort of pliable simping, but it's it's it's genuinely done out out of a look.
我们都清楚彼此很适合,没错。
And we both know that we're good for each other, but Right.
这很棒。
That's cool.
当你看着你的约会对象走进来时,即使是第三次约会,你也忍不住想:天啊,你简直高攀不起。
And to to look at your date as she walks through, even on the third date, and you go, dude, you are so out of my league.
天哪。
Holy shit.
这真的很棒。
Like, that's that's cool.
我觉得这样挺好。
I I think that's good.
对。
Right.
这正是浪漫喜剧的写法。
That's the rom com writing right there.
没错。
Exactly.
好吧,行。
So well, okay.
真的存在所谓的危险信号吗?
Are there things such things as real red flags?
除了那些明显的迹象,比如我会吃了你然后把你的骨头埋在花园里,还有哪些人们应该注意的危险信号?
And so beyond the obvious shit of, like, I'm gonna eat you and and bury your bones in the garden, what about red flags that people should pay attention to?
我觉得确实有一些,你知道的,重要的信号可能不在于说了什么。
I think there are certainly some, you know, and big ones are maybe not what's being said.
可能是他们正在做的事情。
They could be what's being done.
你知道,行为比人们说的话重要得多,因为让我退一步说,行为和意图之间存在差距。
You know, behavior matters a lot more than what people say, because people, let me back it up and say, there's a behavior intention gap.
我可能很想为某人做很多美好的事情,但如果我从不付诸行动,那这就是一个警示信号。
And so I might want to do a lot of really nice things for someone, but if I never do that, okay, that's a red flag.
而关键在于,长期来看,我是否能说到做到?
And that's a pattern over time is do I follow through or not?
这一点很重要。
And, okay, that's important.
无法调节情绪。
An inability to regulate emotions.
我们之前已经讨论过这一点。
You know, we talked about this already.
这是一个主要的警示信号。
That's a major red flag.
如果你看到这些愤怒的爆发,即使只是轻微的、不经意地流露出来,比如出了点事就砸墙。
If you see these outbursts of anger, even if it's just minor ones leaking out, you know, something goes wrong, you punch a wall.
是的。
Yeah.
这值得引起注意。
That's that's worth looking at.
我不是说我在13岁的时候砸过墙,你知道吗?
And it's not I have punched a wall when I was 13, you know?
所以,那时候那算一个警示信号吗?
And so, like, was that a red flag back then?
对。
Yeah.
我当时情绪上还没完全成熟。
I wasn't fully emotionally developed.
你13岁的时候,人们本就不该和你约会。
People shouldn't have dated you when you were 13.
没错,他们确实没有,让我告诉你。
Right, and they didn't, let me tell you.
塔尔·埃普斯坦。
Tal Epstein.
没错,是的。
Right, yeah.
那是个危险信号。
And that's a red flag.
人们在秘密掩盖下都在做些什么?
What are people doing under the cover of secrecy?
他们到底在做什么?
What are they doing?
如果你发现,他们声称自己在做的事和实际做的事不一样,那就值得留意。
And if you find out that, again, what they say they're doing is different from what they're actually doing, that's worth looking at.
所以对我而言,简而言之,你问题的答案是关于一致性,以及关于监管。
So ultimately for me, I guess the short answer to your question is it's about consistency and it's about regulation.
那么,行动是否与意图一致?
So do actions match up with intentions?
他们是一个冷静的人吗?
And are they a calm person?
当他们情绪失控时,能否恢复冷静?
And do they have the ability to become calm when they get dysregulated?
因为我们都会情绪失控。
Because we all get dysregulated.
没错。
Exactly.
我本来就想说,确实如此,不是每个人都能保持冷静。
That I was gonna that's exactly what I was gonna say that not everybody is calm.
所以你并不一定需要一个总是冷静的人。
And so you don't necessarily want somebody who is always calm.
对。
Right.
其实,做一个充满激情的人还挺酷的,也许在某些情况下,尤其是为你挺身而出时,发怒反而是有帮助的。
It's actually kinda cool to be someone who's excitable and and and maybe actually there's a useful time for them to get angry, especially if it's on your behalf.
但前提是,是的。
But it's if yeah.
如果你赶飞机迟到了,但最后还是赶上了,这会毁掉整个假期吗?
If you're late for the flight and you just make it, does that ruin the entire holiday?
对。
Right.
或者当飞机降落时,大家是否都已经平复了情绪?
Or by the time that the flight's landed, has everybody been able to sort of burble their emotions back down?
对。
Right.
没错。
Exactly.
另外,本集由RP Strength赞助播出。
In other news, this episode is brought to you by RP Strength.
这款训练应用在过去两年里极大地提升了我的健身成果和健身体验。
This training app has made a huge impact on my gains and enjoyment in the gym over the last two years now.
它由迈克·以色列医生设计,包含超过45个预设训练计划、250个动作教学视频,通过为你提供每场训练的详细步骤计划,彻底消除了制定理想举重方案的猜测过程。
It's designed by doctor Mike Israel and comes with over 45 premade training programs, 250 technique videos, takes all of the guesswork out of crafting the ideal lifting routine by literally spoon feeding you a step by step plan for every workout.
它会指导你精确的组数、次数和重量,更重要的是,帮助你完善动作姿势,确保每一次重复都最大化训练效果。
It guides you on the exact sets, reps, and weight to use, most importantly, to perfect your form so every rep is optimized for maximum gains.
它会根据你的进步每周调整重量,并提供30天无条件退款保证。
It adjusts your weights each week based on your progress, and there's a thirty day money back guarantee.
所以你可以购买它,使用29天进行训练。
So you can buy it, train with it for twenty nine days.
如果你不喜欢,他们会全额退款给你。
And if you do not like it, they will give you your money back.
现在,通过点击下方描述中的链接或访问 rpstrength.com/modernwisdom 并在结账时使用代码 Modern Wisdom,你可以获得 RP 增肌应用最高50美元的折扣。
Right now, you can get up to $50 off the RP Hypertrophy App by going to the link in the description below or heading to rpstrength.com/modernwisdom and using the code Modern Wisdom at checkout.
网址是 rpstrength.com/modernwisdom,结账时使用代码 Modern Wisdom。
That's rpstrength.com/modernwisdom and Modern Wisdom at checkout.
是的。
Yeah.
这个,我是说,这是大卫·巴斯的观点。
The, I mean, that's from David Buss.
他说这是在伴侣身上最值得关注的首要特质,即情绪稳定。
It's the number one trait that he says to look for in a partner, which is emotional stability.
在经历某种情绪波动偏离常态后,你的伴侣需要多长时间才能恢复到正常状态?
How long after some sort of emotional perturbment that takes you away from baseline does it take your partner to get back to baseline?
这个恢复时间越短,就越好。
And the shorter that that window is, the better.
为了公正起见,我可能就是从大卫那里学到这一点的。
And what that And to give credit where credit is due, I probably got that from David.
大卫就像是我的研究导师。
David is like my research grandpa.
他有个学生叫莎拉·希尔,她曾是我的论文指导老师。
So he had a student, Sarah Hill, who was my engaged adviser.
不可能。
No way.
你师从莎拉吗?
You studied under Sarah?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
天哪。
Holy shit.
没错。
Yeah.
所以,这就是那种经典的学术传承。
So, you know, so it's that classic lineage.
两年前,我曾在她的H BEST研讨会上发言。
I spoke at her H BEST symposium two years ago.
真的吗?
Did you?
是的。
Yep.
是的。
Yep.
哦,那是当时房间里学历最低的人,还是唯一一个拥有硕士学位的人,而周围全是博士、双博士、博士后和教授。
Oh, was that's by far the least credentialed person in the room or the only person in the room with a master's level education surrounded by PhD, double PhD, postdoc, doctorate.
该死的唐·图比也在场。
Fucking Don Tooby was there.
这发生在约翰·图比去世之前。
This was before John Tooby passed away.
所以,该死的约翰·图比就坐在前排,听我做那十五分钟的演讲。
So fucking John Tooby sat in the front row as I'm speaking my fifteen minute.
这时候你就需要服用β受体阻滞剂了。
That's when you need the beta blockers.
你知道吗?
You know?
那就是
That's
老兄,我真的想感受这一切。
Bro, I I wanted to feel all of that.
那真是太棒了。
That was it was fantastic.
是在棕榈泉。
It was in Palm Springs.
那是个很棒的地方。
It was this great place.
所以,是的,莎拉很棒。
So but, yeah, Sarah's wonderful.
她让我了解了另一项出色的研究。
She taught me about another one, this great study that was done.
你可能对它很熟悉,是关于排卵期转变假说的,或者也可能是克里斯蒂娜·杜兰蒂的研究。
It was you'll probably be familiar with it, to do with ovulatory shift hypotheses, or or maybe it was Christina Duranti.
是两者之一。
It's one of the two.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
And Yeah.
同一个人,一个版本是穿着皮夹克、抽着烟、发型很酷、超级有型;另一个版本则显得书呆子气得多,穿着类似针织背心的东西,几乎像是《生活大爆炸》里的漫画形象。
They had the same guy dressed in leather jacket, smoking, super cool with his hair done, or another version where he was much more nerdy and he was wearing a sort of sweater vest type thing, almost like a Big Bang Theory caricature.
在这项研究的两个版本中,都有女性参与进来。
And in both iterations of the study, women went in.
但其实是同一个人。
One it's the same guy.
对吧?
Right?
绝对是同一个人。
The absolute same guy.
女性进去见第一个男人。
Women go in and see the first guy.
女性进去见第二个男人,但被告知他们是双胞胎。
Women go in and see the second guy, but they're told that they're twins.
所以她们不知道两次见到的是同一个人,但被告知他们是双胞胎。
So they don't know that it's the same dude both times, but they're told that they're twins.
所以有两种不同的版本。
So there's two different versions.
我太喜欢了。
I love it.
她们进去后,和他聊天,只是被要求模拟一下约会场景,看看初次见面会是什么样子。
And they go in, and they have a conversation, and they're just told to sort of talk about sort of play out what dating might be like, what the sort of meeting would be.
她们问那个叼着香烟的男人,他则说,你知道的,也许我们可以出去约会,或者,你知道的,也许不行。
And they're asking the dude with the cigarette, and he's like, you know, like, maybe we could go out or, you know, maybe not.
我不知道,你懂吗?
I don't you know?
随便吧。
Whatever.
比如,那样会很酷之类的。
Like, it would be cool or something.
比如,也许,你知道,我可能会见你。
Like, maybe, know, maybe I'd see you.
也许你不喜欢,我外面有摩托车,诸如此类。然后和另一个家伙在一起时,他更加顺从,以及其他种种。
Maybe you're not like I got my motorbike outside, whatever the And then with the other guy, he's much more pliable and all the rest of it.
然后她们被问到。
And they're asked.
他们追踪激素周期。
They track the hormone cycles.
她们在排卵期窗口期间处于什么阶段?
Where are they during the ovulatory window?
那些正在排卵期的女性,会认为那个疏离、抽烟、明显表现出更典型男性特征的家伙,其实和另一个家伙是同一个该死的家伙。
The women who are ovulating see the guy that's detached, smoking, obviously signaling sort of more classically masculine traits, but is the same fucking dude as the other one.
甚至连女同性恋者都认为他会是个更好的父亲。
Even lesbians rate him as a better father.
问个问题,你觉得谁会是更投入的父亲?
To ask questions, who do you think would be a more invested father?
你觉得谁会是更好的父亲?
Who do you think would be a better father?
我的意思是,我知道你正在经历排卵期变化。
And that I mean, you've I know ovulatory shifts going through this.
这是真的吗?
Is it true?
不是吗?
Is it not?
可重复性危机说,然后我所有的朋友都说是,我有点想支持他们。
Replication crisis says and then all of my friends say yes, and I kind of wanna back them.
但我认为,这件事最终会水落石出的。
But I this will come out, I think, in the wash eventually.
但我他妈觉得那些研究真是太棒了。
But I fucking that stuff is so good.
那个关于女性更可能在排卵期投票给奥巴马而非罗姆尼的研究是怎么回事来着?
What was that one about women were more likely to vote for Obama over Romney Right.
是因为奥巴马显然比罗姆尼健谈得多吗?
When they were ovulating because Obama's evidently way more chatty than Romney was?
太棒了,老兄。
Brilliant, dude.
太棒了。
Brilliant.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,这正是我真正喜欢进化论方法的地方,你知道,无论这些研究最终能否被复现,它们都催生了非常有趣的假设。
Well, and that's what I really like about the evolutionary approach is that, you know, whether these studies turn out to replicate or not, they drive very interesting hypotheses.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。