本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
来自脑力背后的脑力,现在是回答那些让你惊呼的问题的时刻,
From the brains behind brains on, this is the moment of Answering those questions that make you go,
我
I
我以前很喜欢睡觉时间,但最近我总是做噩梦,一些真的很可怕的梦。
used to love bedtime, but lately I've been having bad dreams, some real doozies.
有一次,我梦见自己在树林里,被浣熊包围了。
One time, I dreamed I was in the woods surrounded by raccoons.
它们用小小的浣熊爪子敲着邦戈鼓,吟唱着:我们要把你变成
They were playing bongos with their tiny raccoon hands and chanting We're going to turn
汤。
you into soup.
我们要把你变成汤。
We're going to turn you into soup.
还有那个梦,我在滑冰场滑旱冰,突然地板变成了沙子,我掉进了臭烘烘的鱼缸底部,拼命躲避巨大的黏糊糊的气泡。
And then there's the one where I'm skating at a roller rink, and suddenly the floor is sand, and I'm at the bottom of a stinky fish tank trying to avoid giant slimy bubbles.
我希望我能像用遥控器换台一样控制自己的梦境,当事情变得可怕时就能切换掉。
I wish I had a way to control my dreams like a remote control to change the channel when things got scary.
康纳也一直在思考这个问题。
That's something Connor was wondering too.
你好。
Hello.
我叫康纳,来自特拉吉卡纳。
My name is Connor from Tragicanda.
我九岁了。
I'm nine years old.
我的问题是,我们能控制自己的梦境吗?
And my question is, can we control our dreams?
你好。
Howdy.
我可以帮你解答这个问题。
I can help you with that.
你是谁?
Who are you?
你为什么在我卧室里?
And why are you in my bedroom?
你为什么戴着
And why do you have
一顶牛仔帽和一把吉他?
a cowboy hat and a guitar?
别担心,安娜。
Don't worry, Anna.
你已经睡着了。
You've already drifted off to sleep.
我只是你想象中的产物。
I'm just a figment of your imagination.
你可以叫我菲格。
You can call me Fig.
我戴牛仔帽是因为我把三明治放在帽子下面,我带吉他来是为了教你一种叫作清醒梦的东西。
I have a cowboy hat because I store my sandwiches under it, and I brought along my guitar to help me teach you something called lucid dreaming.
我还带来了一个科特马·保罗医生的梦境版本。
I also brought along a dream version of doctor Kotema Paul.
他是一位研究昼夜节律的科学家,研究我们的大脑如何在睡眠和清醒时控制梦境。
He's a scientist who studies circadian rhythms, the way our brain controls dreams when we sleep and when we wake up.
医生,我们能控制自己的梦境吗?
Doc, can we control them, our dreams?
当然可以。
Absolutely.
你完全有可能控制自己的梦境,这种状态我们称之为清醒梦。
It's possible for you to control your dream, and that's a state we call lucid dreaming.
我的名字是科特马·保罗。
My name is Katayma Paul.
我是整合生物学与生理学的教授。
I'm a professor of integrative biology and physiology.
我的专业领域是睡眠和昼夜节律,我在加州大学洛杉矶分校工作。
My area of expertise is in sleep and circadian rhythms, and I work at, University of California, Los Angeles.
清醒梦在技术上是指在梦中意识到自己正在做梦。
Lucid dreaming technically is the ability to be aware in your dream and to know that you are dreaming.
但有些清醒梦不仅让你意识到自己在做梦,还能让你对梦境产生一定的控制。
But there are types of lucid dream where you gain not only gain awareness that you're dreaming, but you gain some control in your dream.
你能够在梦中做决定,影响梦中的结果。
You're able to make decisions in your dream, you're able to affect outcomes in your dreams.
巧合的是,大多数研究发现,清醒梦多发生在青少年和年轻成年人时期。
And coincidentally, most lucid dreaming in the studies that have examined age occurs during adolescent and young adult years.
但只有在清醒梦结束后立即醒来,你才会记得它。
But you only remember that if you wake up right after the lucid dream.
因此,很可能很多人曾经做过清醒梦,只是记不起来了。
So it's likely that many people have had lucid dreams, but don't remember them.
我年轻时,记得有一段时间我在清醒梦中主动控制梦境,并且越来越擅长了。
When I was younger, I remember there was a period in my lucid dreams where I was actively controlling my dreams and I did get better at it.
我做过一些梦,其中最让我着迷的是在梦里飞翔。
I had dreams where I was actually my big thing was flying in my dreams.
那时候我大概十七八岁。
So this was around the time when I was in 17 or 18.
我会让自己飞起来。
I would make myself fly.
西娜,医生说你可以成为自己梦境的驾驭者。
Sienna, Doc says you can be the driver of your own dream wagon.
清醒梦的秘诀在于,在梦中意识到自己正在做梦。
The trick to lucid dreaming is to realize in the dream that you are dreaming.
一旦你明白了这一点,就可以开始控制各种事物。
Once you know that, you can start to control things.
现在,这里有一个方法可以帮助你分辨自己是醒着还是在做梦。
Now here's something you can do to help tell you whether you're awake or dreaming.
假设你身处森林中,浣熊正在你周围打转。
Let's say you're in the forest and the raccoons are circling.
你知道那个浣熊的梦吗?
You know about the raccoon dream?
哦,对了。
Oh, right.
是的。
Yep.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
你住在我脑子里。
You live in my head.
是的。
Yeah.
那个可真是个大场面。
That one's a humdinger.
所以,用一只手的食指,触碰另一只手的掌心,然后用力推。
So take the pointer finger of one hand, touch it to the palm of the other hand, and push.
如果你在做梦,你就感觉不到你的手掌。
If you're dreaming, you won't feel your palm.
你的手指会直接穿过去。
Your finger will push right on through.
如果你看到这种情况发生,你可以对自己轻声唱点什么。
If you see that happen, you can sing to yourself a little something like this.
我把我的梦送到另一个地方,比如热带海滩或太空中的一艘火箭。
I'm sending my dreams to a different place like a tropical beach or a rocket in space.
我把我的梦送到另一个地方。
I'm sending my dreams to a different place.
谢谢,菲格和医生。
Thanks, Fig and Doctor.
保罗。
Paul.
我要去云朵般的枕头上和一些小鸭子一起玩。
I'm going to go hang out with some baby ducks on a cloud of pillows.
好太多了。
So much better.
晚安。
Good night.
如果你喜欢这一集,请花一秒时间在你收听播客的平台订阅我们。
If you like this episode, take a second to subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.
如果你想了解更多关于睡眠大脑的科学知识,不妨收听《BrainZone》播客,我们有一整集专门讨论梦境。
And if you want to learn more about the science of a sleeping brain, check out the BrainZone podcast where we have a whole episode all about dreams.
如果你有任何问题,我们很乐意帮你解答。
If you have a Moment of question, we'd love to help you answer it.
请访问 brainson.org/contact 给我们留言。
Drop us a line by going to brainson.org/contact.
下次见,明天见,每个工作日都见。
See you next time and the next day and every weekday.
在此之前。
Until then.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。