本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
经营企业却不考虑做播客?
Run a business and not thinking about podcasting?
再想想吧。
Think again.
听播客的美国人比听Spotify和Pandora广告支持的流媒体音乐的人还多。
More Americans listen to podcasts than ad supported streaming music from Spotify and Pandora.
作为排名第一的播客平台,iHeart的规模是紧随其后的两家公司总和的两倍。
And as the number one podcaster, iHeart's twice as large as the next two combined.
了解播客如何帮助你的企业。
Learn how podcasting can help your business.
拨打844844。
Call 844844
你知道罗尔德·达尔。
You know Roald Dahl.
他创作了《查理和巧克力工厂》和《好心眼儿巨人》。
He thought of Willy Wonka and the BFG.
但你知道他曾经是一名间谍吗?
But did you know he was a spy?
在新播客《罗尔德·达尔的秘密世界》中,我会讲述这个故事以及更多内容。
In the new podcast, the secret world of Roald Dahl, I'll tell you that story and much, much more.
什么?
What?
你可能也不会相信。
You probably won't believe it either.
这是在他写故事之前吗?
Was this before he wrote his stories?
一定是的。
It must have been.
好的。
Okay.
我不认为这是真的。
I don't think that's true.
我跟你说真的。
I'm telling you.
因为我曾经是个间谍。
Because I was a spy.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您常用的播客平台收听《罗尔德·达尔的秘密世界》。
Listen to the secret world of Roald Dahl on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
市政厅大楼内开了十枪。
Ten ten shots fired in City Hall Building.
这种事情怎么会发生在市政厅?
How did this ever happen in City Hall?
有人能告诉我吗?
Somebody tell me that.
杰弗里·胡德。
Jeffrey Hood.
一场令人震惊的公开谋杀。
A shocking public murder.
这是纽约市政治史上最具戏剧性的事件之一。
This is one of the most dramatic events that really ever happened in New York City politics.
我大喊:趴下,趴下。
I screamed, get down, get down.
那是枪声。
Those are shots.
这是一场如今已被遗忘的悲剧和谜团。
A tragedy that's now forgotten and a mystery.
这可能或
That may or
可能并非政治事件。
may not have been political.
这可能
That may
是关于性的事。
have been about sex.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《Rorschach:市政厅谋杀案》。
Listen to Rorschach, Murder at City Hall on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
现在是金融素养月,播客《穷着吃》带来关于金钱、成长和构建未来的真实对话。
It's financial literacy month, and the podcast, Eating While Broke, is bringing real conversations about money, growth, and building your future.
本月,你将听到顶级主播佐伊·斯宾塞和风险投资家莱基莎·兰德鲁姆·皮埃尔分享她们从起步到升级的历程。
This month, hear from top streamer, Zoe Spencer, and venture capitalist, Lakeisha Landrum Pierre, as they share their journeys from starting out to leveling up.
社区繁荣离不开经济因素。
There's an economic component to community thriving.
如果社区里缺乏资金和创业活动,它们就会失败。
If there's not enough money and entrepreneurship happening in communities, they failed.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听来自黑人影响播客网络的《穷着吃》。
Listen to eating while broke from the Black Effect Podcast Network on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
赚钱的人,最近怎么样?
Earners, what's up?
看。
Look.
金钱是我们每个人都需要面对的问题,但财务素养能帮助我们将收入转化为真正的财富。
Money is something we all deal with, but financial literacy is what helps turn income into real wealth.
在《Earn Your Leisure》这个播客的每一集中,我们都会拆解你需要理解金钱、投资和创业的对话。
On each episode of the podcast Earn Your Leisure, we break down the conversations you need to understand money, investing, and entrepreneurship.
从股票和房地产,到信贷、商业和代际财富,我们的目标很简单。
From stocks and real estate to credit, business, and generational wealth, our goal is simple.
让财务素养对每个人来说都触手可及。
Make financial literacy accessible for everyone.
因为当你理解了这个系统,你就能开始在其中构建自己的未来。
Because when you understand the system, you can start to build within it.
打开你免费的 iHeartRadio 应用,搜索 'earn your leisure',立即收听。
Open your free iHeartRadio app, search earn your leisure, and listen now.
我曾反复思考,我未来的孩子们将要成长的世界会是什么样子。
I thought a lot about what I would feel about the world my future kids would grow up in.
我的最高使命,就是不要用人工智能毁掉这个世界。
Like, my highest order of bit is to not destroy the world with AI.
如果真的那样做了,其他一切都无足轻重。
Like, it doesn't matter how good everything else is if we do that.
今天,我想带你们去看看萨姆·阿尔特曼的家。
Today, I wanna take you to the home of Sam Altman.
他是OpenAI的首席执行官。
He's the CEO of OpenAI.
当我抵达那里时,我被四周的绿意深深打动了。
Now when I traveled there, I was struck by how green everything was.
那里有起伏的山丘,背景中鸟儿在鸣叫。
There were rolling hills and birds chirping in the background.
我们开车进去的时候,路边还有牛在吃草。
And as we were driving in, there were cows grazing by the road.
我描绘这幅画面,是因为我觉得这对一场关于科技革命的对话来说,是一个非常有趣的背景。
And I paint this picture because I think it's a really interesting backdrop for a conversation on the tech revolution.
在我采访萨姆之前——他是我过去十五年来一直采访的一位创始人——我的团队和我坐下来讨论了一番。
And before I interviewed Sam, who is a founder that I've interviewed for the last fifteen years, my team sat down with me.
当我告诉别人我要去采访他时,人们的反应非常强烈。
When I told people I was gonna come interview him, it was there was such a visceral reaction.
有些人觉得太棒了。
It's either people were so amazing.
这太酷了。
That's so cool.
或者,天啊,这太可怕了。
Or, man, like, that is so terrifying.
告诉他别这么做,告诉他别这么做。
Tell him not to do this and tell him not to do this.
每个人都关心。
Everyone cares.
每个人都似乎对人工智能很关注,这有很好的原因。
Everyone seems to care about artificial intelligence, and there's a good reason why.
因为人工智能将影响我们每一个人。
And that's because it's gonna impact every single one of us.
它将影响你的孩子。
It's gonna impact your children.
它将影响你的父母。
It's gonna impact your parents.
它将影响你。
It's gonna impact you.
它将影响每一个人。
It's gonna impact everyone.
我认为这一切的原因是,他担任CEO的这家公司如今已成为世界上最重要的公司之一。
And I think the reason for all of that is because this company that he's the CEO of is now one of the most important companies in the world.
OpenAI所研发的技术将影响我们生活的方方面面。
And the technology that's built at OpenAI will impact every facet of our lives.
对此人们充满恐惧。
And there's a lot of fear around that.
但也充满希望。
There's a lot of hope.
但我们正处于这样一个令人不安的时期。
But it's really this uncomfortable period that we're in.
我认为萨姆·阿尔特曼非常代表了我们在经历技术革命时所发生的情况。
And I think Sam Altman very much represents what happens when we're going through a technological revolution.
有很多问题,因为这感觉至关重要。
And there are a lot of questions because it feels really high stakes.
当下的时刻显得尤为重要,因为我想要去见那个我认识了十五年的人,看看他曾经是谁,以及他将在这一刻如何立足。
The now of this feels really important because I wanna go see the person that I've known for fifteen years and look at who that person was and how that person is gonna stand in this moment.
萨姆,我们认识多久了?
Sam, how long have we known each other?
比如
Like
将近二十年。
Almost twenty years.
但我们认识已经很久了。
But we've known each other a really long time.
所以我很高兴在这个时刻与你坐下来交谈,因为我一直陪伴着你的整个职业生涯,见证了你各种不同的阶段。
So I'm excited to sit down with you at this moment because I sat down with you throughout your career, and I've seen all sorts of iterations of it.
我认为这是你坐过的最重要的位置。
I would argue this is the most important seat you have sat in.
当然。
For sure.
这里的风险真的很高。
The stakes feel really high.
我们正处在一个关键时刻,不确定这项技术革新是会造福所有人,还是只造福一部分人。
We are in this moment where we're wondering if this technological innovation is gonna be incredible for all of us or incredible for some of us.
你有这种感觉吗?
Do you feel that?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我们显然正进入一个阶段,人工智能将成为塑造未来社会的关键因素之一。
I mean, we are clearly entering the phase where AI is gonna be one of the high order bits of how our future society gets shaped.
我认为人们同时感受到了所有的兴奋、恐惧、焦虑、希望和紧张。
And I I think people feel all of the excitement, fear, anxiety, hope, nervousness all at once.
我很想回到2010年我第一次见到你的时候。
I'd love to go back to when I met you, like, in 2010.
那是在ChatGPT发布以及人工智能融入世界之前很久的事了。
This is long before the release of ChatGPT and AI's integration into the world.
我记得我当时只是一个新手记者,对一种叫初创公司的现象着迷,而那时人们很少谈论这个话题。
I remember I was just a cub reporter and I was obsessed with this thing called startups that people weren't really talking too much about.
当时,搭陌生人的车——也就是Uber,或者睡在陌生人家——也就是Airbnb,都不是正常的事。
It wasn't normal to get into a stranger's car, that's Uber, by the way, or sleep in a stranger's home, that's Airbnb.
那是一个非常有趣的时刻,iPhone刚刚推出,App Store刚刚上线,你有了一个想法,就能把它编码成产品,直接送到数百万人的手中。
And it was just this really interesting moment where the iPhone had come out, the App Store had launched, and you could have this idea, and you could code it into the hands of millions of people.
那时的感觉和今天的科技完全不同,它反体制、有点朋克摇滚的味道,所以我只是想回到那个起点,我就是在那个时候遇见你的,对吧?
It didn't feel like tech feels today, it felt anti establishment, it felt a little bit punk rock, and so I just want to ground this, and I met you at that moment, right?
我是在一个随机的长椅上遇见你的,第一次把你拍进镜头,你当时有一个叫Looped的地理位置应用,那是一个特定的时刻,你还没有庞大的公司,没有公关团队,就只是你,我猜还有几个伙伴在开发这个项目,是的。
I met you on a random bench to put you on camera for the first time, you had a geolocation app called Looped, it was a moment in time, you didn't have a massive company, you didn't have PR people, it was just, it was like, you know, you, I assume like a handful of folks building out this thing Yeah.
你认为这可能是未来。
That you thought could be the future.
在我们谈到现在这个截然不同的时刻之前,告诉我那时的你是如何描述自己的。
Tell me how you would describe yourself then in that moment in time before we get to this moment now, which is just so incredibly different.
世界真的改变了。
The world had really changed.
你可以开发移动应用,一种全新的创业潜力已经释放出来。
You could make mobile apps a whole new kind of startup potential had unleashed itself.
用‘朋克摇滚’来形容确实不错,但实际上是混乱、无组织、不专业的,我们大多数人其实都不知道自己在做什么。
And it did feel kinda like punk rock is a nice way of saying it, but, like, chaotic, unorganized, unprofessional, like, most of us didn't really know what we were doing.
而现在,这一切变得更加系统化了,初创公司感觉完全不同,它们一上来就筹集大量资金,迅速扩张,已经形成了一套成熟的模式。
And, you know, now it's been more systematized and startups feel very different and they raise a ton of money right away and they grow really fast and there's there's like a playbook that's been figured out.
但那几乎就像是前范式阶段。
But it almost felt like that was like the pre paradigm stage.
那感觉真的很有趣。
And it felt really fun.
感觉我们都搞不清楚自己在做什么,但显然有些事情正在奏效。
Kinda felt like we all didn't know what you were doing, but clearly something was working.
所以我回望那个阶段,充满了愉快的怀旧之情。
So I look back on that phase with like a very pleasant nostalgia.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,当时的压力感觉很低。
Also, the stakes felt so low.
这点也很不错。
That was nice too.
我想,当我坐在这里,想着今天来见你的时候,我一直在思考这一点。
I think that was something I was thinking about when I was sitting here thinking about coming to to meet you today.
我曾在你职业生涯的多个阶段采访过你,但感觉现在 stakes 真的太高了,让我们回到我上一次采访你的时候。
Like, I've interviewed you at many points in your career, and it just feels like, I mean, the stakes are so high You let's go back to the last time I interviewed you.
那是2020年。
It was 2020.
当时你是OpenAI的CEO,但那时你们还没有推出ChatGPT。
You're the CEO of OpenAI at the time, but it's before you guys had launched ChatGPT.
你曾经对我说过一些话,我觉得现在回过头来听特别有意思,我想快速放给你听听。
You said something to me that I think was really interesting to hear back now that I wanna play for you real quick.
我可能错了,但我真的相信,我们将创造出一种比人类历史上任何技术都更具变革性的技术,而几乎没有人注意到或谈论它。
I may be wrong, but what I actually believe is we're gonna create this technology that is more transformative than any technology humans have ever created, and almost no one is paying attention or talking about it.
我真心认为,这将以前所未有的方式改变世界。
I really genuinely believe that this is going to change the world in unrecognizable ways.
它将让我们之前讨论过的iPhone带来的变革显得像热身一样,我们必须谈谈这一点。
It's gonna make what we talked about happening earlier with the iPhone look like a warm up, and we gotta talk about that.
好的。
Okay.
我觉得你说得对。
I think you were right.
我的意思是,是的。
I mean Yeah.
这相当准确。
It was pretty accurate.
我觉得这相当准确。
I think that was pretty accurate.
那我们快进一下。
So let's fast forward.
令人惊叹的是,这六年
The the the thing that's amazing is, like, just how that six year
那是六年前的事了。
That was six years ago.
其实并不算长。
So much that's not very long.
是的。
Yeah.
而且当时,我想这听起来可能像是个疯狂的说法。
And, like, so and at the time, I think that probably sounded like a crazy thing to say.
那是在GPT之前的事了。
That was, like, pre GPT.
我的意思是,也许那时候已经有GPT-3了。
I mean, maybe we had GPT three.
这要看那是在一年中的什么时候。
It depends when in the year that was.
但确实如此。
But Yeah.
很多事情都迅速发生了。
A lot has happened very quickly.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我想你谈到的正是这种加速发展的速度,这也是你提到风险的原因。
I mean and I think that's what you talk about with the rate of acceleration and which is why you talk about the stakes.
我们谈到风险如此之高。
We talk about the stakes being so high.
所以,比如现在到了2026年,OpenAI据称估值已达一万亿美元,你已经从非营利组织转变为营利性公司,并正在构建人类历史上最强大的技术之一,这家公司变得极其有价值。
So, like, now this 2026, OpenAI is reportedly valued at like $1,000,000,000,000 you're now for profit, no longer a nonprofit, and you're building one of the most powerful technologies in human history, and the company is incredibly valuable.
你之前稍微谈到了我们目前在人工智能领域所处的位置。
So, you talked a little bit before about where we are in AI.
你提到过,根据当前的发展趋势,我们可能仅距一个世界两年之遥——在这个世界里,数据中心内的认知能力将超过外部世界的总和。
You said something, you said that based off the current trajectory, it's possible we're only two years away from a world with more of the cognitive capacity in the world inside of data centers than outside of them.
我的意思是,告诉我这会带来什么影响。
I mean, tell me the implications of that.
是的。
Yeah.
说我们马上就要迎来超级AGI、超级智能,这很容易,但那只是说说而已。
It's it's easy to say, oh, we're gonna have super AGI here, super intelligence here, but the there.
但我之所以这么说,是因为如果你只是说‘AGI很快就要来了’,人们就会觉得:哦,好吧。
But the the reason I try to say things like that is I think if you just say we're gonna have AGI soon, people are like, okay.
我其实并不清楚那意味着什么,也不知道该怎么去理解它。
I don't really know what that means or how to think about it.
如果你说,人工智能将完成比人类更多的思考工作,这种说法能在某种程度上更直观地传达出正在发生的事情的规模,至少对我来说,这比单纯说‘AGI很快就要来了’更让人有切身感受。
If you say, like, the AI is gonna do more of the total thinking than people are, that kind of, like, gets across the magnitude of what's happening in a in a way that, to me, at least, I feel differently than just saying, like, AGI is coming soon.
什么意思呢?
In what sense?
我不是那种长期来看会担心失业的悲观者。
I'm not like a long term jobs doomer.
我相信我们会找到新的事情去做。
I think we'll figure out new things to do.
我觉得我们一直都能做到。
I think we always do.
但在短期内,我认为可能会。
But in the short term, I think it may.
再说一遍,我们并不确定。
Again, we don't know.
它可能以各种不同的方式实现。
It could work in all different ways.
我认为,如果世界上更多的智力资源都集中在GPU上,这很可能会对大量现有工作造成巨大冲击。
I think it may and likely will be quite disruptive to a lot of the current jobs if more of the intellectual horsepower in the world is GPUs.
而且我认为,如果这种情况真的发生,我们现在就必须开始讨论如何设计一个对所有人都公平的经济体系的原则。
And I think, like, right now, we've got to start talking about the principles for how we wanna design an economy that works for everybody if that's gonna happen.
但这一趋势也有积极的一面。
Now this trend is upside too.
如果你身处这样一个世界,你也可以想象疾病将被极其迅速地治愈。
If you have that world, you can also you could imagine curing diseases extremely quickly.
我这周最酷的一次会面,是遇到一个非专业人士,他用ChatGPT为他的狗设计了一种定制的mRNA疫苗来治疗癌症。
The coolest meeting I had this week was a guy who was not an expert that used CHAT GPT to make a custom mRNA vaccine for his dog's cancer.
哇哦。
Woah.
这简直不可思议。
And it's just incredible.
这太疯狂了。
That's crazy.
这太疯狂了。
It was crazy.
他每周都参加这样的会议吗?
And he's like meetings like that every single week?
不知为什么,这个事深深触动了我。
For whatever reason, this one hit me.
只是听他讲述这个故事,他就从澳大利亚飞过来,为了这只狗经历了这么多,还做到了这些事。
Just hearing him tell the story, he flew in from Australia and, like, what he went through for this dog and what he was able to do.
不仅仅是搞清楚怎么制造疫苗,他还建立了与教授们的联系,一旦他告诉他们序列和该怎么做,这些教授就帮他完成实验。他用CHAT GPT全栈式地完成了原本需要整个研究机构才能做到的事,救了他家的狗。现在他正试图为其他人的狗也这么做,这简直不可思议。
Like, not just figuring out how to make the vaccine, but developing the relationships with the professors that had to, like, do the work for him once he told them, like, here's the sequence and here's what to do and this the the way he was able to use CHAT GPT full stack to, like, do what would have taken a full research institute and save his dog, and now he's trying to figure out how do this for other people's dogs, is so incredible.
所以你看,只要有充足的算力,你就能做所有这些事。
So there you know, abundant compute, you can do all of these things.
前提是,如果我们能正确构建这个新世界,让每个人都能受益,而不是只有少数人拥有访问权限和资源来做这些事。
Assuming we get the the new version of the world right in a way that this works for everybody, and it's not just like a small number of people have the access and the resources to do this.
你知道吗,我也听到一件事,让我惊叹:那个男人治好了他狗的癌症。
Well, you know what I also hear where I'm like, wow, the guy, he cured his dog's cancer.
太神奇了。
That's amazing.
然后我想,等等,如果他能做到这一点,难道没人能去制造一种病原体吗?
And then I'm like, wait, if he could do that, like, couldn't someone just build a pathogen?
对吧?
Right?
比如,制造病毒怎么办?
Like, what about building out viruses?
所以,像往常一样,我想你们肯定经常思考这个问题,尤其是关于这些开源模型。
So it's like, as always, it's it's, you know, I imagine that's something you guys think a lot of, like, a lot about when it comes to especially these open source models.
是的。
Yeah.
鉴于生态系统的发展,我们对安全性的看法已经发生了很大变化。
Our thinking around safety has evolved quite a bit given the way the ecosystem has developed.
我们仍然认为过去所有想法都依然重要。
We still think everything we used to think is important.
你知道,你仍然需要构建并对齐这些模型,让它们按照你期望的方式运行。
Know, you still have to build you have to align these models to get them to behave in a way you want.
你需要建立多层安全防护机制。
You have to build many levels of safety defense.
但正如你所说,现在出现了一种新情况:世界必须能够应对来自不同人的大量AI,而并非所有AI都会遵循相同的安全限制。
But as you said, there's this new thing going on now, which is the world has to be resilient to lots of AI from lots of different people, and not all of it will have the same safety restrictions.
因此,如果有人真的制造出这种有害病原体,我们必须尽一切努力阻止他们制造或释放它。
So if someone does build that bad pathogen, we should do everything we can to prevent them from building that or releasing it.
但我们也需要具备应对它的能力,包括快速响应的治疗方法和疫苗,以及更早发现疫情的能力。
But we also need the ability to defend against it, have rapid response treatments and vaccines, have the ability to detect pandemics earlier.
这是我特别担心的一个领域。
This is a particular area that I'm nervous about.
我们之所以开始讨论AI韧性这个概念,至少在我个人看来,最初让我意识到需要调整我们方法的,正是疫情这一问题。
And the reason we've started talking about this whole concept of AI resilience, at least in my own head, the thing that first got me thinking that we needed to evolve our approach was this pandemic point in particular.
当你提到韧性时,具体指的是什么实际含义?
When you say resilience, like, what does that mean in in practice?
比如,社会如何
Like, can
才能迅速应对新的威胁。
you take for society to rapidly defend against new threats.
我们该如何做到这一点?
And how do we do that?
这取决于威胁的类型。
Well, it depends on what the threat is.
但仅凭说‘世界上有三家前沿实验室’是不够的。
But for this example, it's not enough to just say like, hey, three frontier labs in the world.
不要让你的任何模型被用于开发新病原体。
Don't let any of your models be used to develop a new pathogen.
再过几年,当某个开源模型具备这种能力,而恐怖组织或其他人这么做时,
In a few more years when some open source model is capable of it, and a terrorist group or someone else does that.
你们这些前沿实验室今天能做些什么,来帮助我们为那一刻做好准备?
What are you doing today, Frontier Labs, have an advantage to help help us be ready for that moment?
是的。
Right.
是的。
Right.
会不会有一种集体努力的方式呢?
And there could be like a collective effort, you think?
我认为也需要不同层面的措施。
I think it has to be different levels too.
你提到疫苗,没错。
You know, mentioned vaccines Yep.
之前的回应。
Earlier response.
说实话,我原本希望新冠疫情之后,世界会为这种情况做好更充分的准备。
I honestly, I hoped out of COVID, the world was gonna be more ready for this.
我不会说我们一无所获,但确实没有达到我期望的进展。
And I won't say we learned nothing, but we did not make the progress I was hoping.
我想今天聊聊OpenAI,以及你最重要的优先事项是什么。
I wanna talk about OpenAI today and what your biggest priorities are.
Codex对我们所有人来说都令人惊叹,自从ChatGPT发布以来,这是我第一次感觉自己真正用上了未来的技术。
So Codex has really been amazing for us all to watch and use, and it is the first time that I feel like I have gotten to use the future since ChatGPT launched.
体现在哪些方面?
In what sense?
我会从积极和消极两个方面来说。
I'll say the positive sense and the negative one.
积极的一面是,我想到的任何想法,任何我想要的软件,我都可以在第二天早上醒来时就让它建成。
The positive sense is I any idea I can come up with, any piece of software I want, I can have built, you know, by the time I wake up the next morning.
我用它来做有趣的事情,也用它来做正经的事情。
And I use this for fun stuff, for serious stuff.
我非常感兴趣的是,如何主要通过自动化或大幅增强来改变我的工作。
I'm, like, very interested in what it means to mostly automate or heavily augment my job.
与其请别人帮我开发东西,我能自己构建这些工具,这真是太棒了。
And, you know, it's rather than, like, ask someone else to build stuff for me, the fact that I can build these tools myself is amazing.
这简直太惊人了。
That's like, wow.
当人们能够使用大量计算资源时,任何他们想要的东西都能被创造出来,这就是未来的样子。
This is what it's gonna be like when people get to use a huge amount of compute, and anything they want, they can create.
这简直就是科幻未来。
Like, this is the sci fi future.
这太棒了。
This is awesome.
而我对Codex的负面感受是,我有一堆想做的副项目。
And then the negative I had with Codex was I had this list of side projects that I wanted to build.
在过去几年里,由于OpenAI一直忙于其他事情,这些项目始终被搁置。
And for the last, you know, few years OpenAI has been so busy, things only ever got added to it.
是的。
Mhmm.
我一个都没完成。
I never did any of them.
我一个都没做出来。
I never built any of them.
我把列表完成了。
And I finished the list.
我想不出新点子了。
I ran out of ideas.
我耗尽了所有副项目的想法。
I ran out of side project ideas.
而且模型还不够好,或者至少我当时还没弄清楚怎么用它们来帮我产生更多点子。
And the models are not yet good enough, or at least I hadn't figured out how use them to help me come up with more ideas.
那你可以用你的大脑啊。
Well, you can use your brain.
是的。
Yeah.
但我已经用大脑为这个列表想了很多了。
But I had, like, used my brain for this list.
所以就在几周前的一个周五,我突然有了个奇怪的想法:今晚我要上床睡觉,不运行Codex了,因为我实在想不出还有什么别的东西可以做了。
And so then I had this, like, weird thing one Friday a few weekends ago where I was like, I'm gonna go to bed tonight without Codex running because I don't have, like, another idea of things to build that.
那种感觉真的很奇怪。
That was, like, a strange feeling.
但Codex变得如此强大,这真是令人惊叹。
But but it's really amazing what is happening with how good Codex has gotten.
我的意思是,我们亲眼见证了它的使用量在不断增长。
I mean, the the, like, we just watched the usage of this expand.
等到下一个模型推出时,我敢肯定它的使用量还会再次飙升。
And with the next model, I'm sure it'll explode upwards again.
现在人们能够构建如此复杂的东西,这彻底改变了我们的工作流程。
The fact that people can now build such sophisticated things, it's totally changed our workflow.
它也改变了众多公司的运作方式。
It's changed the workflow of many companies.
它真正改变了个人能够做到的事情。
It's really changed what individuals can do.
而且,你知道,我们之前讨论过这种一个人的初创公司。
And, you know, we've talked about these one person startups.
这可能会让人感觉像是朋克摇滚时代重现。
That may feel like the punk rock era again.
探索这一点一定会很有趣。
That's gonna be fun to explore.
然后,从长远来看,我们一直谈到两个主要的方向,我们将朝着它们努力。
And then on the super upfront, historically, we've talked about two major kind of priorities that we're gonna work towards.
一个是自动化研究员,即我们拥有能够独立进行科学研究、包括AI研究的系统。
One is the automated researcher, where we have systems that can do scientific research, including AI research on on their own.
另一个则与这种初创公司概念相关,那就是自动化公司。
And the other, which touches on this kind of startup thing is, you know, automated companies.
不是字面意义上完全自动化的公司,而是通过AI极大加速公司运作——AI不仅能完成编码工作,还能处理运营公司所需的大量事务。
Like, not literally fully automated companies, but where you can so accelerate a company because the AI can do not just coding work, but huge amounts of what it takes to run and operate a company.
世界将能拥有更多东西,我们可以创造出更好得多的产品和服务,而且更多人将能够参与其中。
World The can have much more stuff and we can create, you know, way better products and services, and and it'll be accessible to way more people to do that.
但有一件事我们讨论得不多,并不是因为我们不兴奋,而是我们不确定它会如何体现,那就是当你将这种能力交给个人,只是说:帮帮我,让我的生活变得更好。
But then, a thing that we didn't talk as much about, not because we weren't excited about it, we just weren't sure how it was gonna manifest itself, was when you take that level of capability and give it to an individual and just say, you know, help make my life better.
OpenCLaw 真的为我们指明了这条道路。
OpenCLaw really, I think, showed us a path there.
我讨厌‘超级应用’这个词,但我们正在构建的这种综合个人代理。
And the I hate the phrase super app, but the the combined personal agent that we're building.
我的梦想是,当我对系统有足够的信心和信任时,我只需说:嘿,去查看一下我的电脑。
The dream that I have is I get to a point where there's, like, enough robustness and trust I have in the system where I just say, hey, go look around my computer.
替我上网,读我的消息,你可以听我的会议,帮我处理各种互动,然后开始为我做些有用的事情。
Go use the web for me, go read my messages, and, you know, you can just you can sort of, like, listen to my meetings and, you know, my just intermediate my interactions for me, and just start doing useful stuff to me.
我不需要动脑思考。
I don't have to think.
我不需要问你问题,但我已经把我的副项目清单上的事情做完了。
I don't have to ask you questions, but I've run out of stuff on my side project list.
然而,你可以了解我生活的方方面面。
However, you can know everything about my life.
开始建议我更多该构建的东西,然后帮我把这些事情做完。
Start suggesting more things I should build, and then, like, help me do them.
所以我对这一点非常期待。
So I'm really excited for that.
这很有趣。
It's interesting.
你知道,现在流传着一个想法:下一个十亿美元的公司,会不会是由一个独立创业者和AI代理共同创造的?
You know, there is this concept that floats around of could the next billion dollar company be created with like a solo entrepreneur and AI agents?
我相信这件事已经发生了。
I believe that has happened.
我答应过,不会在他准备好公布之前透露细节,但我相信这件事已经发生了。
I promised I would not share details until he's ready to announce it, but I believe that has happened.
你能透露一些相关细节吗?
Can you give us any details around the details?
据我所知,这确实是一个由单个人创造的十亿美元级别的项目,当然,我并没有审查过他的财务数据。
It is a legitimate single person billion dollar as far as I can tell, I mean, I have not, like, reviewed the financials.
我的意思是
I mean
但我认为这已经发生了。
But I think it's just happened.
我认为听到这些的人会想,AI 看起来如此难以接近,但我们现在正进入一个无需硅谷人脉的世界。
I think folks listening to that would think, this is AI can be so unapproachable, but the idea that that we are entering a world where you don't have to have Silicon Valley contacts.
你不必属于这个圈子,也能创建公司并获得估值。
You don't have to be able to be in this club to build out a company and have a valuation.
我认为 OpenCLaw 是一个非常有趣的例子,尤其是对那些不了解 OpenCLaw 的人来说。
I think OpenCLaw is a really interesting example for folks who don't know what OpenCLaw is.
它就像是一个能做所有事情的 AI 代理。
It's kind of this like AI agent that just does everything.
任何事情。
Anything.
当然,这带来了许多安全问题,我想这么说。
Which of course had lots of safety issues, I I would say.
我的意思是,如果你要给它访问所有东西的权限,这简直是最硅谷的做法。
Like, if you're gonna give it access to everything, I this is the most Silicon Valley thing.
我看到每个人都这么做,我就想,能出什么问题呢?
I just see everybody doing this and I'm like, what could go wrong?
你确实得非常小心这方面的安全问题,但你作为创始人,最终加入了这家公司。
You do have to be very careful about the security of this, but you, the founder, ended up joining the company.
是的。
Yep.
所以我不确定这是否算是一次收购型招聘,或者你愿意怎么称呼它,但皮特是用AI代理构建了这个东西。
And so I don't know if this was like an acquihire or whatever you want to call it, but Pete built this with AI agents.
对。
Yeah.
我猜他
I imagine he
他曾经是Codex最顶尖的用户之一。
He was like one of the top users of Codex of all time.
所以他用Codex构建了整个东西,效率高得惊人,单凭一个人根本不可能达到这种程度。
So he built this whole thing with Codex and was just like unbelievably productive in a way that no single person could have been.
你认为他是最早一批能够通过AI实现退出或创办公司的人之一吗?
Is he one of the early examples you think of of someone who was able to, you know, exit cell or, you know, have a company with AI?
一个人就能成功创办公司。
Successful company with one person.
这让你感到惊讶吗?
Does that surprise you at all?
不惊讶。
No.
我觉得这太棒了。
And I think it's awesome.
我的意思是,正如你刚才说的,当一个人不必依赖硅谷的社交网络,不必认识那些可以雇佣的人、那些能说服的投资人时,个人能力得到了极大的提升。
I mean, the the the individual empowerment that happens, as you were just saying, when you don't have to be part of the Silicon Valley network, you don't have to know all these people you can hire and these VCs that you can convince to give you money.
你只需要让AI帮你把一切构建出来就行了。
You can just, like, just have AI build it for you.
我觉得这太棒了。
I think that's awesome.
我认为我们现在在科学和其他许多领域也看到了同样的情况。
And I think we're seeing the same thing now in science and a lot of other fields too.
这不仅仅是初创公司的事。
It's not just startups.
是的。
Yeah.
我想聊聊关于这家公司及其专注方向的问题,你们到底在做什么,又不在做什么。
I I'd love to talk about, as we're talking about the company and the focus of it, it's what are you doing and what are you not doing.
很显然,你们不再做Sora了。
And so apparently, you're not doing Sora Yeah.
不再做了。
Anymore.
你们已经决定停止这个项目了。
You you guys have made the decision to shut it down.
带我去房间吧,萨姆。
So take me to the room, Sam.
大概是三个月前,OpenAI 与迪士尼达成了协议。
It's like three months ago, OpenAI signed a deal with Disney.
这个协议在很多方面都具有里程碑意义。
This is like a landmark deal in so many ways.
迪士尼将授权使用200个角色,包括皮克斯、漫威、星球大战等,人人都对此有看法。
Disney's gonna license 200 characters, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, everybody has an opinion on this.
主导这项协议的鲍勃·艾格是这么说的,不是我:我们将迪士尼标志性的故事和角色与OpenAI突破性的技术结合起来。
Bob Iger, who led the the deal, he said this, not me, we're bringing together Disney's iconic stories and characters with OpenAI's groundbreaking technology.
他们将投资十亿美元。
They're gonna invest a billion dollars.
三个月后,OpenAI 关闭了Sora。
Fast forward three months later, OpenAI shuts down Sora.
这背后真正的潜台词是什么?
What's the note under the note here?
我们历史上曾几次意识到,某件非常重要的事情正在顺利进行或即将取得巨大成功,以至于我们必须暂停其他许多项目。
We have a few times in our history realized something really important is working or about to work so well that we have to stop a bunch of other projects.
事实上,GPT-3 刚诞生时就是这种情况。
In fact, this was the original thing happening with GPT three.
当时我们有一整套不同的研究方向。
We had a whole portfolio of bets at the time.
其中很多都进展得不错。
A lot of them were working well.
我们关闭了许多原本进展良好的项目,比如之前提到的机器人项目,以便集中我们的计算资源、研究人员和精力,投入到这件我们认为非常重要的事情上。
We shut down many projects that were working well, like robotics, which we mentioned, so that we could concentrate our compute, our researchers, our effort into this thing that we said, okay.
有一件非常重要的事情正在发生。
There's a very important thing happening.
我三个月或六个月前根本没想到,我们会走到今天这一步——下一代模型及其能驱动的智能体即将再次带来重大突破。
I did not expect three or six months ago to be at this point we're at now, where something very big and important is about to happen again with this next generation of models and the agents they they can power.
但我真的很喜欢 Sora。
But I love Sora.
我喜欢生成的视频,也喜欢我们与迪士尼的合作,我们正与他们紧密合作,寻找一个他们仍能创造惊人成果、而我们也能提供帮助的世界。
I love generated videos, and I love our partnership with Disney, we're working hard with them to find a a world where they can still do something amazing and we can help with that.
但我们需要将计算资源和产品能力集中到下一代自动化研究者和公司上,
But we need to concentrate our compute and our product capacity into these next generation of automated researchers and companies and
这背后真正的潜台词是关于计算资源的问题。
It's like the note under the note is it's about compute.
这始终都是关于计算资源的。
It's always about compute.
真想当个墙上的苍蝇,听听那场对话。
God, to be a fly in the wall for that conversation.
你亲自给鲍勃·艾格打电话说了吗?
Did you call Bob Iger and tell him personally?
当然。
Of course.
是的。
Yeah.
那感觉怎么样?
How was that?
迪士尼是一家非常出色的公司。
Disney is an amazing company all around.
新任迪士尼CEO乔什第一次跟我谈话时说的话,让我觉得特别糟糕。
And the like, the very first thing that the new Disney CEO, Josh said to me, and I felt like terrible.
我当时就想,嘿,我明白你的意思。
And I was like, hey, you know, it's like, I get it.
但总是让合作伙伴、用户或团队失望,而他们都在做着了不起的工作,这真的非常令人难过。
But it's super sad always to disappoint a partner or users or a team, all of which are doing incredible work.
作为CEO,有很多艰难的部分是别人不会给予同情的,这很合理,但其中之一就是你必须做出许多艰难的资源分配决策,很多不错的事情因此被牵连,因为它们并不是最重要的。
And the I mean, there are, like, many hard parts about being a CEO that you don't get sympathy for understandably, but one of them is, like, you have to, like, make a lot of, like, very tough resourcing calls, and a lot of good things get caught up in that because they're not the most important thing.
经营一家公司,却不考虑播客?
Run a business and not thinking about podcasting?
再想想吧。
Think again.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
听播客的美国人比听Spotify和Pandora广告支持的流媒体音乐的人还多。
More Americans listen to podcasts than ad supported streaming music from Spotify and Pandora.
作为排名第一的播客平台,iHeart的规模是紧随其后的两家公司总和的两倍。
And as the number one podcaster, iHeart's twice as large as the next two combined.
因此,无论你的客户听什么,他们都会听到你的信息。
So whatever your customers listen to, they'll hear your message.
此外,只有iHeart能将你的信息扩展到广播电台的受众。
Plus, only iHeart can extend your message to audiences across broadcast radio.
你觉得播客能帮助你的业务吗?
Think podcasting can help your business?
想想iHeart。
Think iHeart.
流媒体、广播和播客。
Streaming, radio, and podcasting.
拨打844844开始吧。
Call 844844 to get started.
那就是844844
That's 844844
你知道罗尔德·达尔吗?他是《查理和巧克力工厂》《玛蒂尔达》和《好心眼儿巨人》的作者。
You know Roald Dahl, the writer who thought up Willy Wonka, Matilda, and the BFG.
但你知道他也曾是一名间谍吗?
But did you know he was also a spy?
这发生在他写故事之前吗?
Was this before he wrote his stories?
肯定是的。
It must have been.
我们的新播客系列《罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界》,将带你踏上一段穿越他非凡而争议人生中隐藏篇章的奇妙旅程。
Our new podcast series, the secret world of Roald Dahl, is a wild journey through the hidden chapters of his extraordinary controversial life.
他的工作 literally 是勾引有权势的美国人的妻子。
His job was literally to seduce the wives of powerful Americans.
什么?
What?
而且他
And he
非常擅长这个。
was really good at it.
你可能也不会相信。
You probably won't believe it either.
好吧。
Okay.
我觉得这不对。
I don't think that's true.
我跟你说真的。
I'm telling you.
我曾经是个间谍。
I was a spy.
你知道吗?达尔曾与罗斯福家族关系密切,跟哈里·杜鲁门一起玩扑克,还与一位国会议员有过长期婚外情?
Did you know Dahl got cozy with the Roosevelts, played poker with Harry Truman, and had a long affair with a congresswoman?
然后他带着才华前往好莱坞,与沃尔特·迪士尼和阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克合作,之后创作了一部畅销的詹姆斯·邦德电影。
And then he took his talents to Hollywood where he worked alongside Walt Disney and Alfred Hitchcock before writing a hit James Bond film.
这位秘密特工是如何成为有史以来最成功的儿童文学作家的呢?
How did this secret agent wind up as the most successful children's author ever?
他隐秘的过去中,有哪些黑暗元素渗透进了我们童年时读到的故事里?
And what darkness from his covert past seeped into the stories we read as kids?
这个真实的故事比他写过的任何情节都更离奇。
The true story is stranger than anything he ever wrote.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您收听播客的任何平台收听罗尔德·达尔的秘密人生。
Listen to the secret world of Roald Dahl on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
十发子弹射出。
Ten ten shots fired.
市政厅大楼。
City Hall Building.
现场缴获了一把银色的.40口径手枪。
A silver 40 caliber handgun was recovered at the scene.
由iHeart播客和Best Case Studios出品,这是《勒索者:市政厅谋杀案》。
From iHeart Podcasts and Best Case Studios, this is Rorschach, murder at City Hall.
这种事情怎么可能发生在市政厅?
How could this have happened at City Hall?
有人能告诉我吗?
Somebody tell me that.
杰弗里·胡德干的。
Jeffrey Hood did it.
2003年7月,市议员詹姆斯·E·戴维斯带着一位客人抵达纽约市政厅。
July 2003, councilman James e Davis arrives at New York City Hall with a guest.
两人均携带隐蔽武器,不到三十分钟,两人都将死去。
Both men are carrying concealed weapons, and in less than thirty minutes, both of them will be dead.
议会大厅里所有人都趴下了。
Everybody in the chamber's docks.
一场震惊公众的公开谋杀。
A shocking public murder.
我大喊,趴下。
I scream, get down.
趴下。
Get down.
那是枪声。
Those are shots.
那是枪声。
Those are shots.
趴下。
Get down.
一位富有魅力的政治家。
A charismatic politician.
你知道,他只是
You know, he just
总是无视规则。
bent the rules all the time.
我仍然有武器,可以射杀你。
I still have a weapon, and I could shoot you.
还有一个拥有秘密的局外人。
And an outsider with a secret.
他声称自己是被彻底压垮的受害者。
He alleged he was a victim of flat down.
这可能有政治因素,也可能没有。
That may or may not have been political.
这可能与性有关。
That may have been about sex.
收听《Rorschach:市政厅谋杀案》,可在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你常用的播客平台收听。
Listen to Rorschach, Murder at City Hall on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
我总觉得这有点难以置信,直到我真的开始赚钱。
I feel like it was a little bit unbelievable until I really start making money.
现在是金融素养月,播客《穷得吃土》正在带来关于金钱、成长和构建未来的真实对话。
It's financial literacy month, and the podcast eating while broke is bringing real conversations about money, growth, and building your future.
这个月,听听顶级主播佐伊·斯宾塞和风险投资家拉基莎·兰德鲁姆·皮埃尔分享她们从起步到成长的历程。
This month, hear from top streamer, Zoe Spencer and venture capitalist Lakisha Landrum Pierre as they share their journeys from starting out to leveling up.
如果我和父母在外面,看到很多人过来找我合影,我会想:这是什么情况?
If I'm outside with my parents and they're seeing all these people come up to me for pictures, it's like, what?
现在当然完全是这样了。
Today now, obviously, it's like 100%.
他们什么都信。
They believe everything.
但一开始他们只是说:你得去找份正经工作。
But at first it was just like, you gotta go get a real job.
社区的进取心背后有经济因素。
There's an economic component to community striving.
如果社区里缺乏资金和创业活动,它们就会失败。
If there's not enough money and entrepreneurship happening in communities, they fail.
我说的失败,是指人们连买食物的钱都没有。
And what I mean by fails, they don't have money to pay for food.
他们无法养活自己的孩子。
They cannot feed their kids.
他们没有住所。
They do not have homes.
如果没有资金在社区中流动,社区就无法运转。
Communities don't work unless there's money flowing through them.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您收听播客的任何平台,收听来自 Black Effect 播客网络的《穷得吃不起饭》。
Listen to eating while broke from the Black Effect Podcast Network on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
嘿,厄尼斯特。
Hey, Earnest.
最近怎么样?
What's up?
看。
Look.
金钱是我们每个人都需要面对的问题,但财务素养才能帮助我们将收入转化为真正的财富。
Money is something we all deal with, but financial literacy is what helps turn income into real wealth.
在《Earn Your Leisure》播客的每一集中,我们都会剖析你理解金钱、投资和创业所需的关键对话。
On each episode of the podcast Earn Your Leisure, we break down the conversations you need to understand money, investing, and entrepreneurship.
从股票和房地产到信贷、商业和代际财富,我们将复杂的金融话题转化为每个人都能理解的通俗对话。
From stocks and real estate to credit, business, and generational wealth, we translate complex financial topics into real conversations everyone can understand.
因为事实是,大多数人从未被教导过金钱究竟是如何运作的。
Because the truth is, most people were never taught how money really works.
但一旦你理解了这套系统,你就可以开始在其中构建自己的财富。
But once you understand a system, you can start to build within it.
这意味着拥有资产、更聪明地投资,并为自己和下一代创造机会。
That means ownership, smarter investing, and creating opportunities not just for yourself, but for the next generation.
如果你想学习如何积累财富、理解市场并以所有者的心态思考,那么《Earn Your Leisure》就是为你量身打造的播客。
If you want to learn how to build wealth, understand the markets, and think like an owner, Earn Your Leisure is the podcast for you.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你常用的任何播客平台收听《Earn Your Leisure》。
Listen to Earn Your Leisure on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
我想回到2月27日。
I wanna go back to February 27.
特朗普政府曾与Anthropic达成一项协议。
The Trump administration had a deal with Anthropic.
他们正在重新谈判这项协议。
They're renegotiating the deal.
Anthropic的首席执行官表示,他不会允许云服务被用于自主武器或监控美国公民。
Anthropic CEO said he's not gonna allow cloud to to be used for autonomous weapons or to surveil American citizens.
当时发生了激烈的公开争论,甚至连对AI一无所知的人都在报纸头版看到了Anthropic的新闻。
There was a big public back and forth, people who didn't even really know about AI were seeing anthropic on the front pages of the paper.
他们被给予了下午5点的合规截止期限,但他们并未同意。
They were given a 5PM deadline to comply, they didn't agree.
特朗普政府指责他们是叛徒,将他们列为科技供应链风险,并命令联邦机构停止使用Anthropic。
The Trump administration accused them of being traitors, labeled them the tech a supply chain risk, and ordered federal agencies to stop using Anthropic.
因此,数小时后,OpenAI宣布与国防部达成协议。
So hours later, OpenAI announces a deal with the Department of War.
这是个错误吗?
Was that a mistake?
我会把我们做了什么、为什么这么做,和我们推出的方式区分开来。
I'll separate what we did and why from the way that we rolled it out.
我们决定不与政府合作处理机密网络。
We had decided not to work with the government on classified networks.
这并不是不重要。
It's it's not that it's not important.
只是Anthropic已经全力投入这个方向,我认为他们相当注重安全,也在那里做了不错的工作,而我们则忙于其他事情。
It's just that Anthropic had gone hard in that direction, and I think they're, you know, reasonably safety minded and were doing good work there, and we were busy with other things.
我认为我们的政府,尤其是军队,必须能够接触到先进的AI模型,这非常重要。
I do think it's very important that our government and our military in particular have access to advanced AI models.
我认为如果没有这些模型,他们将无法完成国家安全任务。
I do not think that they will be able to carry out their mission for national security without that.
我也认为我们之前谈到了社会正在发生的变革。
I also think that we talked about kind of the changes happening to society earlier.
未来一年,世界必须回答的一个最重要问题是:AI公司和政府,哪个更强大?
One of the most important questions the world will have to answer in the next year is, are AI companies or are governments more powerful?
我认为政府必须更强大。
And I think it's very important that the governments are more powerful.
比如,世界的未来以及关于国家安全最重要事项的决策,应当通过民主选举产生的过程以及由此任命的人来做出。
Like, the the future of the world and the decisions about the most important elements of national security should be made through a democratically elected process and the people that have been appointed as part of that process.
而不是我。
Not me.
我不是其他任何实验室的首席执行官。
I'm not the CEO of some other lab.
然而,有些领域法律尚未跟上。
However, there are areas where the law hasn't caught up yet.
这是一种新技术,立法需要一些时间。
This is a new technology, and it's gonna take some time to legislate it.
在这段时期内,我认为公司有理由说:嘿,我们对这项技术有一些了解。
And during that time period, I think it is reasonable for the companies to say, hey, we understand something about this technology.
它还不适合用于自主武器。
It is not ready yet for autonomous weapons.
关于防止国内监控的规则,是在没有超级强大人工智能的世界中经过深思熟虑制定的,但尚未适应这个新环境。
The rules about protecting against domestic surveillance were well thought through for a world without super powerful AI and are not yet adapted for that.
因此,在这类领域,我认为可以说:我们得放慢脚步,而我们确实这么做了。
So in areas like that, I think it's reasonable to say, hey, we just need to go slower on this, which we did.
就像,这正是我们合同中写明的一部分。
Like, that was part of our contract as it's written.
这属于我们的安全机制的一部分。
That is part of our safety stack.
这些是我们所秉持的共同原则。
Those are we share the same principles.
我认为Anthropic在这些原则上是正确的。
And I think Anthropic is right on those principles.
据我所知,他们几乎就按照这些原则达成了和我们类似的协议。
And as I've heard, they, like, very nearly got a deal done like ours with those principles.
在我的理想世界里,他们会继续与政府合作。
In my dream world, they would have just kept working with the government.
我认为,对我们这个行业来说,说这是人类有史以来最强大的技术是行不通的。
I don't think it works for our industry to say, hey, this is the most powerful technology humanity has ever built.
它将成为地缘政治中的关键因素。
It is going to be the high order bit in geopolitics.
它将成为世界上有史以来最强大的网络武器。
It is going to be the greatest cyber weapon the world has ever built.
它将成为未来战争与防护的决定性因素,而我们不会把它交给你。
It is going to, you know, be the determinant of future wars and protection, and we are not giving it to you.
我们不会让你拥有它。
We are not gonna let you have it.
我们会做出一个决定。
You know, we're gonna make a decision.
我们会在这里做出决策。
We're gonna make the decisions here.
如果我是政府官员,或者作为公民投票选出政府代表,我会说,这真的不可接受。
If I were the government or if I were, you know, a citizen voting for representatives of my government, would say, like, that's really not okay.
我当时就想,现在也这么认为,如果我们没有与政府合作,情况可能会迅速失控,因为政府当时在威胁要动用《国防生产法》。
And I thought, and I still think that had we not gotten involved with the government, things could have gone fairly off the rails pretty quickly where the government was saying, like, you know, they were making DPA threats.
他们发表的言论比那还要强硬。
They were making some stronger statements than that.
所以我们必须表明:我们不会抛下你们。
So we needed to say, hey, like, we're not gonna leave you.
作为产业界,我们不能在没有达成任何协议的情况下离开美国政府。
We, the industry, can't leave the US government without something here.
只要我们能保留住我们的底线,我们就会继续合作。
We will, as long as we can have something that respects our red lines.
我希望我们当初能以完全不同的方式宣布这件事。
I wish we'd announced it very differently.
我的目标其实是降低紧张气氛。
I think, like, my goal was to lower the temperature.
但显然,事与愿违。
It clearly had the opposite effect.
我觉得我了解到人们对政府的看法,以及行业内人们多么想讲述一个具有竞争力的故事。
I think I, like, learned something about how people feel about the government, how much people wanna tell, like, a competitive story in the industry.
所以我相信我们下次会做得更好。
So I'm sure we'll do better next time.
但就政府需要美国公司支持以实现国家安全使命,而我们有必要回应这一号召而言,我感觉很好。
But on the merits of like the government needs support from US companies to carry out the mission of national security and we need to answer that call, I feel good.
难道不是细节决定成败吗?
Isn't it also the devil's in the details?
对吧?
Right?
你知道,如果我们看看人们的感受,我们现在正处在一个充满争议的时期。
You know, if we look at how people feel, we're in a contentious time.
完全正确。
Totally.
你知道,人们对移民与海关执法局、伊朗战争的国内审查正在加剧。
You know, there's increased domestic scrutiny over ICE, the war in Iran.
那么,你会怎么回应那些人,他们说:‘你们已经被划了红线,但萨姆,你的具体红线在哪里?既然你知道事情可能会出错,知道这些技术可能被用于你无法控制的方式,你们如何判断自己已经接近悬崖了?'
So what do you say to folks who say, okay, like, you're redlined, but you, Sam, like, exactly, like, is your red line and how will you, knowing that things can go awry, knowing that these technologies can be used in these ways that you might not be able to control, what is your process for knowing when we're too close to the cliff?
是的。
Yeah.
而且,你们能执行这些红线吗?
And also, like, can you enforce your red lines?
对。
Yeah.
有人会问,如果政府将人工智能公司国有化,你们还能执行任何红线吗?
I mean, one question that people say is if the governments nationalize the AI companies, can you enforce any red lines at all?
说实话,在那种情况下,你完全可以想象一个世界,那时我们确实再也无法做到了。
And I'll be honest at that point, probably we you know, like, it's you can imagine a world of that happening where where no, we couldn't anymore.
作为一家独立公司,而且在我们与政府的互动中,他们一直非常坦诚地表示:‘我们理解这些问题。'
As an independent company, and certainly in our interactions with the government, they have been really great about saying, hey, you know, we understand these issues.
你们会通过合同来落实。
You will do it contractually.
你可以在那里构建系统。
You can build systems there.
现在,再说一遍,我不知道,也没人知道未来几年会变得多么奇怪。
Now, again, I don't know nor does anybody else know how weird the next few years are gonna get.
我希望政府不要将人工智能实验室国有化。
I hope the governments don't nationalize the AI labs.
不过,你不认为这是有可能的吗?
You don't think that's a possibility, though, do you?
我从不否认这是有可能的。
I would never say it's not a possibility.
我认为这不太可能
I don't think it's
你有没有就这个问题进行过讨论?
Have you had conversations about that?
我认为这不太可能发生,但我想说,如果我们希望这种情况不要发生,那我们最好找到与政府合作的方式。
I don't think it's likely, but I like, I will say that if I want if we want that not to happen, then I think we better find a way to work with the government.
如果我们不这么做,这种情况似乎更有可能发生。
Like, if we're not doing it, it would seem more likely.
我以前说过,现在依然坚信,在一个治理良好的社会中,人工智能的发展本应是政府项目。
The I've said before, and I still really believe that in a in a well run society, developing AI would have been a government project.
曼哈顿计划就是一个政府项目。
Manhattan Project was a government project.
阿波罗计划也是一个政府项目。
The Apollo program was a government project.
就连艾森豪威尔高速公路系统也是政府项目。
Even the Eisenhower Highway System was a government project.
但感觉我们现在已经不再处于那样的时代了。
But it doesn't feel like we're in a time like that anymore.
感觉政府无法有效推进这件事,但我认为这确实有必要发生。
It doesn't feel like the government could effectively do this, and I think it does need to happen.
你知道,人们普遍假设联邦机构都依法行事,但历史表明,实际情况可能并不固定——比如爱德华·斯诺登曝光的监控项目,当时是经由秘密法庭授权并被视为合法的,但一旦公之于众,后来在改革中被裁定为违法。
You know, there's this assumption that federal agencies operate within the law, but history shows that it can be fluid, that surveillance programs exposed by Edward Snowden, essentially, they were authorized by secret courts and considered legal at the time, but they were later ruled unlawful in reform once they became public.
我认为这就是为什么我会回到你提出的那些红线:很多事在理论上听起来都很美好,但当我们审视我们所处的现实世界时,你该如何定义这些红线?如果无法收回,又会发生什么?
And I think that's why I go back to your red lines of a lot of these things sound great in theory, but when we look at the current reality of the world that we're living in, how do you define these red lines, and and what happens if you can't pull them back?
这里有两点。
So two things there.
第一,这也是我最重要的收获之一:有很多人。
One, that was also one of my biggest takeaways is there are a lot of people.
我不确定这是否是具有代表性的样本,还是只是网络上喧闹的那部分人,但确实有一群在网上非常吵闹的人,他们根本不信任政府会遵守法律。
I don't know if it's a representative sample or just the loud people online, but there is there's at least a group of loud people online who really don't trust the government to follow the law.
这对我们民主制度来说似乎是一个非常糟糕的信号。
And that feels like a very bad sign for our democracy.
我大部分时候是信任的。
I mostly do.
我的意思是,我明白政府并不完美,有些事情难免会出错,但我认为我们有制衡机制,所以我总体上还是信任它的。
I mean, I realize they're not perfect and some things are gonna get screwed up, and I think we have a system of checks and balances, but I mostly trust it.
正如你所说,现在这个时代,人们看到各种事情发生,却只是说:‘别为此感到不安。’
As you said, this is, like, a time where people are looking at things happening and saying, just, you know, don't feel bad about it.
也许我对此感觉不太好。
And maybe this is I don't feel good about it.
也许现在是一个特别糟糕的时期,以至于企业的爱国责任不是支持政府,而是不与政府合作。
And maybe this is such a uniquely bad time that, like, companies' patriotic duty is not to support the not to work with the government.
我对这一点完全不同意。
I totally disagree on that.
我认为,根据我所看到的未来趋势,如果我们不帮助政府应对国家安全问题,这不仅仅是指传统的战争。
I think, again, given what I see on the horizon, if we don't help the government with national security and it's not just wars in the traditional sense.
如果我们不帮助他们保护美国的网络基础设施,不帮助他们应对我们之前谈到的生物防御问题,我认为情况会非常糟糕。
If we don't help them with, you know, defending the cyber infrastructure of The US, we don't help them with the biodefense we were talking about earlier, I think it's really bad.
我认为我们必须与政府合作,但我对当前强烈的不信任情绪估计不足,现在我理解其中的一些原因了。
I think we have to work with the government, but the the intensity of the current mood of mistrust, I was miscalibrated on, and I understand something there now.
一位联邦法官刚刚下令对五角大楼对Anthropic的行动发布临时禁令,称该政府的行为似乎是报复。
A federal judge just ordered a preliminary injunction against the Pentagon's actions on Anthropic, calling the administration's actions what appears to be retaliation.
所以我想听听你对此的看法。
So I'm curious for your response on that.
我们一直明确表示,无论是公开还是私下,都强烈认为政府对Anthropic采取任何类似SCR或威胁DPA的行为都非常糟糕。
We said all the way through that we thought, like, publicly, privately, loudly, that we thought the government doing anything like an SCR or a threat of a DPA against Anthropic was really bad.
我们当时试图帮助提供一个退出的途径。
We were trying to help provide an off ramp there.
我认为这是一件非常糟糕的事情。
I think that's like a very bad thing.
你对Anthropic和政府方面的人有什么建议?
What would be your message to the folks at Anthropic and the government on it?
双方都停止这些行为,停止升级,找到合作的方式。
Stop the stuff on both stop the escalation on both sides and find a way to work together.
我一直在思考我们2020年的上一次对话,有一个故事让我印象深刻。
I was thinking a lot about our last conversation in 2020, and I was struck by a story.
你告诉我,你知道,这算是一个个人故事,但我认为它
You told me that I I you know, it's a kind of a personal story, but I think it's
说吧。
Go for it.
你提到你小时候在密苏里州上高中时,是为数不多的公开出柜的同性恋学生之一,你还曾在全校集会上发表演讲,
You talked about how you were one of the only openly gay students at your high school growing up in Missouri and how you essentially gave a speech in front of
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
向大家讲述这件事,让其他人也开始谈论它,不管他们是否喜欢你,或者是否认同你的观点。
In front of an assembly to talk about it, to put it out there so other people would start talking about it, whether they liked you or not, you said, or whether they, you know, they felt this way or not.
我认为这个时刻有些特别,因为其中充满了愤怒与关注,我感觉你再次站在了聚光灯下,人们正在问你代表什么。
And I think there is something interesting about this moment and the anger and the interest because I feel like you're under the bright lights again and people are asking you what you stand for.
而且,老实说,作为一个认识你十五年的人,我也想弄清楚同样的问题。
And honestly, if I'm being totally honest with someone who's known you for fifteen years, I wanna know the same thing.
你知道,现在这是一个不寻常的时刻。
You know, this is a moment where things aren't normal.
所有那些科技界人士常说的‘我们可以这样做、那样做’,但我们的操作手册已经不同了。
All of these things that tech folks say of like, okay, we can do this and this, but we're this playbook is different.
对。
Yeah.
这不一样。
This is different.
那么,你代表什么?
And so what do you stand for?
我认为这项技术必须实现民主化。
I think this technology has to be democratized.
我可以想象这样一个世界:这项技术要么被集中在少数公司的手中,从财富和未来掌控权的角度来看,由他们来做决策。
I can see a world where this is either something that is concentrated from a, you know, perspective of wealth, but also power over the future in the hands of a small number of companies who wanna make the decisions.
无论他们多么关心我们所有人,将我们对未来的自主权和集体意志交给少数公司,这让我无法接受。
And no matter how much they care about all of us, the idea that we would like trade off our agency and our collective will over the future to a few companies doesn't sit right with me.
我认为我们需要让人民掌握这项技术,并由我们的政府决定社会将如何演变,经济体系将是什么样子。
I think we need to empower people with the technology and have our governments decide how society is going to evolve, what the economic system looks like.
人们需要拥有这项技术。
And people need to have this technology.
我认为我们曾经提出的最重要的理念之一,就是迭代式部署。
And I think one of the most important things that we ever came up with was this idea of iterative deployment.
我们要尽早且频繁地将这项技术推向世界,让人们自己摸索哪些有用、哪些没用,感受它的影响,并由社会来决定未来该何去何从。
We're gonna put the technology out in the world early and often and let people figure out what works for them and what doesn't and get a feel for it and society to decide what should happen.
对这个观点的批评是,我们大约三年前就开始这么做了。
Now the criticism of that idea is we started doing that a little over three years ago.
社会尚未做出我所期望的太多决策,但至少人们已经对即将发生的事情有了些感知。
Society has not made a lot in the way of the decisions I was hoping for, but people at least do have a sense for what's coming.
所以,这种民主化理念是一个非常重要的主题。
So that's that that theme of democratization is a big one.
我认为,赋权与此密切相关。
Empowerment, I think, goes closely along with that.
但我们之前谈到了许多例子,说明人们如何被这项技术真正赋能。
But we talked about a bunch of examples where people have been really empowered with this technology.
是的。
Yes.
我们应该共同决定该如何设置边界,让民主政府继续保持强大权力,并尽可能加强民主制度。
We should all collectively decide what the guardrails should be, and we should, you know, have democratic governments continue to have a lot of power, and we should strengthen the democracy where we can.
我们也应该这样做,我认为这是美国根深蒂固且非常有效的价值观。
We should also and I think this is like a deeply held American value that has worked very well.
我们应该真正赋予个人力量。
We should really empower individual people.
你知道的?
You know?
我们应该设定一些宽泛的规则,然后让人们自己去探索如何为他们的狗治愈癌症,如何创办一个人的初创公司,或者如何设置OpenClaw来自动化生活中一些令人惊叹的事情。
Like, we should set some broad rules and then let people go figure out how to cure cancer for their dog or figure out to make a one person start up or figure out how to set up OpenClaw to, like, automate something amazing in their life.
这会让人们感到不安,因为个体将拥有如此大的权力。
And this is uncomfortable for people because individuals are gonna have so much power.
但我认为民主化和赋权这两点密切相关。
But I think the democratization and empowerment pieces are linked importantly.
富足是我非常关心的一个议题。
Abundance is something that I care a lot about.
如果我回顾我的职业生涯、我所关注的事物,以及我对创造更美好世界所需条件的信念,如果只能选一个词,我会选‘富足’。
If I look at my career and the stuff I've been interested in and kind of what I believe about what it takes to have a better world, and I could pick only one word, I pick abundance.
我认为你希望创造大量的资源、机会,让人们能够拥有精彩的生活,并以各种各样的方式去表达它。
I think you want to just create huge amounts of resources, opportunity, the ability for people to have, like, an amazing life and to sort of express it in all kinds of in all kinds of different ways.
而这就是人工智能。
And that's AI.
它是能源。
It's energy.
未来还会包括机器人之类的东西。
It'll be things like robots in the future.
当然,也要确保我们建造足够的算力来实现这一切。
It's certainly making sure that we build enough compute to make all of this happen.
但这是我真正希望推动的方向。
But that's a place that I, like, really wanna drive towards.
安全问题已经发展或被加入进来,但这一切个人赋权的代价是,一个人也可能造成巨大的伤害。
Safety has evolved and or been added to, but that's another thing that I like the the trade off of all of this individual empowerment is that one person could do a great deal of harm.
因此,建立必要的保障机制来防止这种情况发生,让我们对这种局面感到安心,至关重要。
And so building up guardrails in the world to prevent that, and where we can feel okay about this, is critical.
我列出了若干原则。
I named a bunch of principles.
我还想列出更多,比如公平分享这项技术带来的所有收益、话语权、自主权和决策权,这一点是我几乎不可能改变立场的。
There's more I'd like to name, you know, like fairly sharing all of the upside, and the voice, and the agency and the decision making of this technology is that one seems like one that would be very difficult to ever change my mind on.
是的。
Yeah.
但其他方面,比如安全与自主权之间的权衡,可能会出现某些时期,我们必须说:这项技术的发展方向与我们原先的预期不同。
But other things like maybe the trade off between safety and agency, there'll be periods where we have to say, oh, this technology went in a different way than we thought.
我们非常希望赋予人们力量,但不能以毁灭整个世界为代价。
We really love empowering people, but not at the risk of destroying the whole world.
因此,我们需要在一段时间内采取不同的做法。
So we're gonna have to do something differently for a while.
我们会不断与这些原则进行博弈,我可以说,随着技术的进步,我们必然需要做出调整。
So we will wrestle with these principles all the time, and we I would say with some certainty, we'll have to make changes as the technology progresses.
我不认为人们喜欢听到这些,但这就是事实。
And I don't think people like hearing that, but it is the truth.
一个名叫维拉斯的人,他负责麦戈文研究所。
A man named Velas, he runs the McGovern Institute.
他提了一个问题,我认为这个问题很重要,因为如今当创始人与我们刚开始讨论这项技术时的情况已经大不相同了,那时候感觉更反体制、更混乱。
He asked a question, and I think it's an important question because to be a founder now is really different than it was back when we started talking about this, when it felt a little more anti establishment and chaotic.
现在,似乎有了另一种不同的操作方式。
Now, there's kind of like a different playbook.
所以他问了你该如何应对这个问题。
And so he had a question about how you navigate it.
好的。
Okay.
我们中的许多人成为创始人或建设者,是因为我们想创造一些有用的东西。
Many of us became founders or builders because we wanted to make something useful.
过去,关键在于对产品的狂热专注:打造卓越的产品,并将其交付到用户手中。
It used to be about a fanatic focus on the product, building something great and getting it into people's hands.
但过去几年里,创始人的职责似乎发生了根本性的变化。
But the job of a founder seems to have fundamentally changed over the last few years.
现在,尤其是在人工智能领域,成为一名创始人可能意味着必须筹集主权资本,或在公开场合与国家元首并肩而立,甚至支持政治立场。
Now, especially in AI, being a founder might mean having to raise sovereign capital or stand next to heads of state at a public meeting or endorse political statements.
这可能意味着做出重塑劳动力市场、影响数十亿人生活的决策。
It might mean making decisions that reshape labor markets and affect billions of lives.
这些决策过去是政府的专属领域,需要的准备与开发产品截然不同。
They're the decisions that used to be the domain of governments and required a very different kind of preparation than building a product.
所以,萨姆,作为典型的创始人,我想知道,这是否就是如今成为创始人的含义?
So, Sam, as a quintessential founder, I'm curious, is this what it means to be a founder now?
如果是的话,当创始人做出这类决策时,他们该向谁负责?
And if so, who are founders accountable to when they're making those kinds of decisions?
我们该如何培养他们来承担这份责任?
How are we preparing them to hold that responsibility?
我不认为这对大多数创始人来说意味着这些。
I don't think that's what it means for most founders.
我认为,如果你是那种一两个人或小团队用人工智能创业的公司,现在的感觉比以往任何时候都更接近我们之前提到的2010年时期。
I think, you know, if you're one of these one person or small team companies building with AI, it feels the closest to that 2010 period we were talking about that it's ever felt since then.
我的亲身经历不幸更像是一位政客。
My own experience, unfortunately, does feel more like a politician.
什么意思?
In what sense?
我必须做这些事情。
I have to do those things.
我得去跟政府谈判交易,四处飞行,与世界领导人交谈,处理那些涉及土地和电力以扩大数据中心的交易,而这些原本是政府该做的交易。
I have to go, like, negotiate deals with governments and fly around and, you know, talk to world leaders and work on these deals for land and power for data center expansion that are kind of the kind of deals governments used to do.
这并不是我的自然环境。
It's not my natural environment.
说吧。
Say
继续。
more.
你刚才说的那些。
Was what you were saying earlier.
我的整个生活一直围绕着那种车库创业者的模式。
Like, I I like my whole life has been around kind of the garage version of founders.
是的。
Yeah.
在过去几年里,我穿的西装比之前一生穿的加起来还要多。
I've I've worn a lot more suits in the last couple of years than I've worn in my whole life put together before.
而且感觉 stakes 也高多了。
And and it also feels like the stakes are are much higher.
你所处的场合和以前完全不同了。
You're in very different rooms than you used to be.
你从中学到了什么?
What have you learned about that?
适应这种转变的过程容易吗?
Has it been an easy process to to kind of to to lean into that?
不容易。
No.
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
完全不是。
Not at all.
这听起来显而易见,但普通政客和普通创业者之间的技能、性格和世界观差异,我一直知道它们非常不同。
This sounds obvious, but the difference in skills and temperament and worldview between the average politician and the average founder, I kind of knew they were crazy different.
它们的差异比我想象的还要大得多。
They're crazier different than I could have ever imagined.
我觉得我在生活中,随着权力、地位等不断提升,反复学到的一课是:每个人都以为我始终认为房间里有个成年人在掌控一切。
A lesson I feel like I've learned repeatedly in life at higher and higher levels of power and status and whatever is that everyone thinks I always have thought there's, like, some adult in the room.
你总会遇到最终的Boss。
You always get to some final boss.
总有人是有计划的。
There's someone with a plan.
有人清楚自己在做什么。
There's someone who knows exactly what they're doing.
世界上那些领导者也同样不确定、缺乏安全感,他们尽了最大努力,却没有答案,也许这样,也许那样,反正我累了,随便怎么决定都行。
And the leaders of the world are also, you know, uncertain and insecure and trying their best, but don't have the answers and, like, maybe this, maybe that kinda gonna make a call while I'm tired either way.
经营企业却不考虑播客?
Run a business and not thinking about podcasting?
再想想吧。
Think again.
听播客的美国人比收听Spotify和Pandora广告支持的流媒体音乐的人还多。
More Americans listen to podcasts than ad supported streaming music from Spotify and Pandora.
作为排名第一的播客平台,iHeart的规模是第二名和第三名加起来的两倍。
And as the number one podcaster, iHeart's twice as large as the next two combined.
所以,无论你的客户听什么,他们都会听到你的信息。
So whatever your customers listen to, they'll hear your message.
而且,只有iHeart能将你的信息扩展到广播电台的受众中。
Plus, only iHeart can extend your message to audiences across broadcast radio.
你觉得播客能帮助你的业务吗?
Think podcasting can help your business?
想想iHeart吧。
Think iHeart.
流媒体、广播和播客。
Streaming, radio, and podcasting.
拨打844844开始吧。
Call 844844 to get started.
就是844844。
That's 844844
你知道罗尔德·达尔吗?他是《查理和巧克力工厂》《玛蒂尔达》和《好心眼儿巨人》的作者。
You know Roald Dahl, the writer who thought of Willy Wonka, Matilda, and the BFG.
但你知道他也曾是一名间谍吗?
But did you know he was also a spy?
这是在他创作故事之前的事吗?
Was this before he wrote his stories?
一定是的。
It must have been.
我们的新播客系列《罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界》,将带你踏上一段探索他非凡而争议人生中隐藏篇章的奇妙旅程。
Our new podcast series, the secret world of Roald Dahl, is a wild journey through the hidden chapters of his extraordinary controversial life.
他的工作本质上就是勾引有权势的美国人的妻子。
His job was literally to seduce the wives of powerful Americans.
什么?
What?
而且他在这方面非常在行。
And he was really good at it.
你可能也不会相信。
You probably won't believe it either.
好吧。
Okay.
我不觉得这是真的。
I don't think that's true.
我跟你说真的。
I'm telling you.
我曾经是个间谍。
I was a spy.
你知道吗?达尔曾与罗斯福家族关系密切,跟哈里·杜鲁门一起玩扑克,还与一位国会议员有过长期恋情。
Did you know Dahl got cozy with the Roosevelts, played poker with Harry Truman, and had a long affair with a congresswoman?
然后他把才华带到了好莱坞,与沃尔特·迪士尼和阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克合作,之后还写了一部成功的007电影。
And then he took his talents to Hollywood where he worked alongside Walt Disney and Alfred Hitchcock before writing a hit James Bond film.
这位秘密特工是怎么变成史上最成功的儿童文学作家的?
How did this secret agent wind up as the most successful children's author ever?
他隐秘的过去中,有哪些黑暗元素渗透进了我们童年读过的那些故事?
And what darkness from his covert past seeped into the stories we read as kids?
真实的故事比他写过的任何情节都离奇。
The true story is stranger than anything he ever wrote.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你常用的播客平台收听《罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界》。
Listen to the secret world of Roald Dahl on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
十发子弹射出。
Ten ten shots fired.
市政厅大楼。
City Hall Building.
在现场缴获了一把银色的.40口径手枪。
A silver 40 caliber handgun was recovered at the scene.
由iHeartPodcasts和Best Case Studios出品,这是《罗夏:市政厅谋杀案》。
From iHeartPodcasts and Best Case Studios, this is Rorschach, murder at City Hall.
市政厅怎么会发生这种事?
How could this have happened at City Hall?
有人告诉我吧。
Somebody tell me that.
杰弗里·胡德做的。
Jeffrey Hood did.
2003年7月,
July 2003,
市议员詹姆斯·E·戴维斯带着一位客人抵达纽约市政厅。
councilman James e Davis arrives at New York City Hall with a guest.
两人均携带隐蔽武器。
Both men are carrying concealed weapons.
不到三十分钟,两人都将死去。
And in less than thirty minutes, both of them will be dead.
大家
Everybody
在议事厅的走廊上。
in the chamber's docks.
一场令人震惊的公开谋杀。
A shocking public murder.
我大喊:趴下!
I scream, get down.
趴下!
Get down.
那是枪声。
Those are shots.
那是枪声。
Those are shots.
趴下。
Get down.
一位富有魅力的政治家。
A charismatic politician.
你知道,
You know,
他总是随意违反规则。
he just bent the rules all the time there.
我仍然带着武器,我可以开枪打死你。
I still have a weapon, and I could shoot you.
还有一个带着秘密的局外人。
And an outsider with a secret.
他声称自己是彻底失败的受害者。
He alleged he was a victim of flat down.
这可能有政治因素,也可能没有。
That may or may not have been political.
这可能与性有关。
That may have been about sex.
收听《Rorschach:市政厅谋杀案》,可在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你常用的播客平台收听。
Listen to Rorschach, Murder at City Hall on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
我一直觉得这有点难以置信,直到我真正开始赚钱。
I feel like it was a little bit unbelievable until I really start making money.
本月是金融素养月,播客《穷得吃土》带来关于金钱、成长和构建未来的真实对话。
It's financial literacy month, and the podcast eating while broke is bringing real conversations about money, growth, and building your future.
本月,你将听到顶级主播佐伊·斯宾塞和风险投资人拉基莎·兰德鲁姆·皮埃尔分享她们从起步到成长的经历。
This month, hear from top streamer Zoe Spencer and venture capitalist Lakisha Landrum Pierre as they share their journeys from starting out
到实现跃升。
to leveling up.
如果我和父母在外面,看到这么多人来找我合影,我就想:这是什么情况?
If I'm outside with my parents and they're seeing all these people come up to me for pictures, it's like, what?
现在当然完全是这样了。
Today now, obviously, it's like 100%.
他们什么都信。
They believe everything.
但一开始,他们只是说:你得去找份正经工作。
But at first, it was just like, you gotta go get a
一份正经工作。
real job.
社区繁荣离不开经济因素。
There's an economic component to community thriving.
如果社区里缺乏资金和创业活动,就会衰落。
If there's not enough money and entrepreneurship happening in communities, they fail.
我说的衰落,是指人们连买食物的钱都没有。
And what I mean by fail is they don't have money to pay for food.
他们无法养活自己的孩子。
They cannot feed their kids.
他们没有住所。
They do not have homes.
如果没有资金在社区中流动,社区就无法运转。
Communities don't work unless there's money flowing through them.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您收听播客的任何平台收听《黑人效应播客网络》的《穷困时的饮食》。
Listen to eating while broke from the Black Effect Podcast Network on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
嘿,厄尼斯特。
Hey, Earnest.
最近怎么样?
What's up?
你看。
Look.
金钱是我们每个人都需要面对的问题,但财务素养才能帮助我们将收入转化为真正的财富。
Money is something we all deal with, but financial literacy is what helps turn income into real wealth.
在《Earn Your Leisure》播客的每一集中,我们都会拆解那些你需要理解金钱、投资和创业的对话。
On each episode of the podcast Earn Your Leisure, we break down the conversations you need to understand money, investing, and entrepreneurship.
从股票和房地产到信贷、商业和代际财富,我们将复杂的金融话题转化为每个人都能理解的日常对话。
From stocks and real estate to credit, business, and generational wealth, we translate complex financial topics into real conversations everyone can understand.
因为事实是,大多数人从未被教导过金钱究竟是如何运作的。
Because the truth is, most people were never taught how money really works.
但一旦你理解了这个系统,你就可以开始在这个系统中构建自己的东西。
But once you understand a system, you can start to build within it.
这意味着拥有资产、更聪明地投资,并为自己乃至下一代创造机会。
That means ownership, smarter investing, and creating opportunities not just for yourself, but for the next generation.
如果你想学习如何积累财富、理解市场并以所有者的心态思考,那么《Earn Your Leisure》就是为你量身打造的播客。
If you wanna learn how to build wealth, understand the markets, and think like an owner, Earn Your Leisure is the podcast for you.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《Earn Your Leisure》。
Listen to Earn Your Leisure on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
我想稍微转向一个我认为我们都关心的话题,但我觉得这可能是我所能想到的最具挑战性的事情——在这个人工智能时代为人父母。
Doing kind of a hard pivot to something I think we both care about, but I think is probably like the most high stakes thing I could think of is being a parent in this era of AI.
我们都在抚养年幼的儿子。
We're both raising young boys.
我想我之前跟你说过,我们都在抚养年幼的儿子,但从某种意义上说,你也在抚养我的儿子。
And I think I said this to you before, like, we're both raising young boys, but in a sense, you're raising my son too.
你所构建的技术将融入我儿子查理生活的方方面面。
Like, the technology that you build will be integrated into every facet of my son Charlie's
我希望你别让他现在就用。
I hope you don't let him use it yet.
我绝对不让他用。你打算什么时候让你儿子用?
I am absolutely not letting him use When are you letting your son use it?
还不行,得再等等。
Not for a while.
你有具体的想法吗?
Do you have an idea?
人们经常问我,比如,你现在有了孩子,或者将来还会再要孩子,你是否觉得更有责任,不能用人工智能毁了这个世界?
You know, people ask me all the time, like, oh, now that you have a kid or gonna have more kids, like, do do you feel more responsibility about how you don't destroy the world with AI?
你呢?
Do you?
不。
No.
我的首要任务是不要用人工智能毁掉这个世界。
Like, my highest order bit is to not destroy the world with AI.
如果我们做到了这一点,其他一切都无足轻重。
Like, it doesn't matter how good everything else is if we do that.
所以我早就知道我会当爸爸。
So I knew I was gonna have kids.
我知道自己会反复思考,我未来的孩子将要成长的世界会是什么样子,而且我曾经每天晚上都给他写一封信。
I and I knew that I thought a lot about what I would feel about the world my future kids would grow up in and, you know, that I I used to write my kid a letter every night.
律师们最终劝我别再写了。
The lawyers eventually convinced me to stop.
但这确实是一件很美好的事,因为每当我回家很晚,刚好在他睡觉前,我会抱着他哄他入睡。
But it was a nice thing to do about just because I when I would, like, put him to bed, I would just sort of I get home late, like, right before his bedtime, and I'd, you know, be rocking him.
他需要一些能和孩子聊的话题,所以我就会跟他讲我一天的经历和正在发生的事。
He needs something to talk to a kid about, so I would just tell him about my day and what was going on.
而且,你知道,一个四五个月大的婴儿根本不会理解这些事。
And, you know, obviously, a five month old, four month old baby is not gonna understand these things.
所以我就想,嘿,不如这样吧?
So I was like, you know what?
我把这些写下来。
I'll write them down.
等以后再给他,因为那确实是个特别的时期。
I'll give them to him later because it was sort of interesting time.
但写这些信的一个有趣之处在于,你根本无法掩饰任何事。
But an interesting thing about writing those letters would be like, you can't really hide anything.
你会成为最真实的自己,写下给孩子的每一句话都反映着你当下的决定。
Like, you will be the most honest version of yourself and the decisions you're making in the thing you write to your kid.
所以我真的很喜欢做这件事。
So I really loved doing it.
这就像我每个周日晚上的例行公事:梳理这一周遇到的难题,解释我为什么做出这样的决定。
It was like my every Sunday night ritual about, like, here was the hard stuff that came this week, and here's why I decided and why.
还有,你知道的,这是我担心的事情。
And, you know, here's what I'm worried about.
但以这种心态写给你的孩子,让他们在
But the, like, the mindset of writing that to your kid to read in
是的。
Yeah.
十五年或二十年后阅读,真的很有趣。
You know, fifteen or twenty years, very interesting.
但不会。
But no.
关于不要让人工智能毁掉这个世界,我始终立场坚定。
On the, like, not destroy the world with AI, always very set on that.
有一件事发生了巨大变化,就是我对算法推荐、以及让幼儿接触iPad之类东西的看法。
A thing that has changed hugely is how I feel about algorithmic feeds and iPads in small children's hands and stuff like that.
当我看到比我孩子大一点的孩子,根本离不开iPad,一直盯着那些短内容看,不管他们在看什么,我都对此感到非常强烈。
And when I watch kids just a little bit older than mine that you cannot take the iPad away from, watching this sort of, like, short you know, watching, like, whatever they're watching, that I feel very strongly about.
所以我不知道什么时候会让他和AI交流,但我宁愿在合理范围的后期再这么做,而不是早早地就让他接触。
So I don't know when I would let him talk to AI, but I'd rather be on the late end of what's reasonable there, not the early end.
当然,我觉得这很棒,他会长大在一个计算机比他更聪明、能完成他任何需求的世界里。
Of course, I think it's, like, great, and it'll he'll grow up in a world where computers are smarter than him and do anything he wants.
但你知道,我现在更想让他去玩泥巴。
But, you know, I wanted to, like, play in the dirt for now.
有意思的是,你提到了这些算法世界。
Well, I mean, what's interesting is you talk about these algorithmic worlds.
作为妈妈,我也会经常思考这个问题。
I think a lot about this as a mom too.
这些科技人士,他们自己创造了一大堆东西,却送孩子去学校时根本不让用iPad。
Like, oh, these tech guys, they're just gonna create all this stuff and then send their their children to school with, like, no iPads.
对吧?
Right?
所以我会去思考,会去琢磨人工智能,还有这款产品的影响力到底有多大。
And so I think about like, I think about AI and how powerful this product is.
毕竟它的个性化程度非常高,永远在线,无时无刻都在你身边。
I mean, it is highly personalized, it's always on, it's always there.
现在已经有人整天和人工智能聊天,变得越来越脱离现实了。
You have people who are becoming increasingly delusional by talking to AI all day.
我们已经出现过多起人工智能引发精神病的案例,还有人因为AI伴侣最终选择了自杀。
We've had issues of AI psychosis, people ending their lives because of AI companions.
我很好奇,你应该是不希望人工智能变成下一个社交媒体吧。
I'm curious, like, you don't want AI to become the next social media.
那想想都太可怕了。
That is terrifying.
但如果没有恰当的约束措施,这个世界就真有可能发展成那样。
But we're in a world where that could be a possibility without the correct guardrails.
我们要在不断了解人们会和人工智能建立怎样的关系的过程中,为大家用好人工智能提供便利。
Just as we learn more about the relationship people are going to have with AI, we should make it easy for them to succeed.
我们应该让他们更容易建立健康的关系,同时给予成年人更多的自由。
We should make it easy for them to have the healthy relationship, and then give adults a lot of freedom.
但孩子和青少年,我认为他们需要在AI周围设置很多保护措施。
But kids, teenagers, I think they will need a lot of guardrails around AI.
这是一件如此强大且全新的事物。
This is this is such a powerful and such a new thing.
你提到过,我们打算如何送孩子去上学。
You mentioned, like, sending how we're gonna send our kids to school.
在这里,有一个我非常期待的未来版本。
There is a version of the future here that I'm very excited about.
新的学校正在涌现,每天可能只有几个小时是与AI进行高强度的个性化一对一辅导,然后你可以根据学校设定的主题,自由探索自己想做的项目。
These new schools are popping up where you have, you know, like, maybe a couple of hours a day of intense personalized one on one tutoring with AI, and then you kind of explore project based on the school, sets up whatever you wanna work on.
这听起来很棒。
That seems great.
这种情形正是我能够完全想象出来的。
That's the kind of thing where I'm like, I can totally imagine that.
但你也可以想象许多事情走向错误的世界。
But you can also imagine a lot of worlds where it goes wrong.
在你看来,AI 在孩子成长过程中,会在哪些方面带来巨大的价值?
And what world do you see AI being a very huge value add to the way our children grow up?
所以我认为,目前关于 AI 在教育中的作用,可以讲两个故事。
So I think there's like two stories you can tell about AI in education right now.
一个是,人人都在用它来作弊。
One is you can say everybody's using it to cheat.
他们并不是真的在用它来学习。
They're not really using to learn.
他们,而且学校让孩子们手写论文,因为他们还没能找到如何设计一套允许学生使用 AI 的课程。
They're and, you know, schools are making their kids, like, write essays by hand because they have not been able to figure out what how to teach a curriculum where people can use AI.
另一个说法是,世界以前也经历过类似的转变。
And the other is you can say, well, the world has been through transitions like this before.
我们曾经对计算器感到恐慌。
We freaked out about calculators.
我们曾对谷歌感到恐慌。
We freaked out about Google.
我们曾对电脑感到恐慌。
We freaked out about computers.
这需要一点时间。
And it takes a little while.
才过去了三年。
It's only been three years.
但我们确实会找到方法,教人们以更高的水平思考和成就,学会使用他们成年后在社会中将拥有的工具。
But we do figure out how to teach people to think and achieve at a higher level and to work with the tools that they will have as an adult in society.
你知道,我确实遇到一些孩子和老师,他们说:好吧。
And, you know, I definitely meet kids and teachers who are like, okay.
行吧。
Fine.
我教不了人。
I can't teach people.
我再也无法像以前那样很好地评估论文了,我觉得孩子们也没有以同样的方式学习写作。
I can't, like, evaluate an essay as well anymore, and I think the kids aren't learning to write in the same way.
但很可能成年人在未来也不会以同样的方式写论文。
But probably adults won't write essays in the same way in the future either.
真正重要的是,你是否教会学生思考、创造和探索,激发他们的思维,去发现和拓展想法。
And what really matters is, do you teach the students to think and create and figure out, you know, stretch their brain and come up with, like, explore ideas.
然后我看到有些人正在做的,比如学生们正在构建完整而复杂的软件和世界,去理解非常困难的新概念,这些难度远超我在学校时需要解决的任何问题。
And then I see what some people are doing where, like, students are building entire new complex pieces of software and worlds and, you know, figuring out very difficult new ideas, much more difficult to figure out than anything I had to figure out in school.
我预计我的孩子们高中毕业后,会比我聪明得多、有能力得多,大脑也发展得更加充分。
And I assume my kids, they finish high school, will be, like, wildly smarter and more capable and have, like, developed their brain much more than I did.
作为一位母亲,我无法停止思考关于‘摩擦’这个概念。
I can't stop thinking as a mom about this idea of friction.
对吧?
Right?
跟一个科技从业者说这个可能有点奇怪,但人类本身就是混乱的。
Like this is a weird thing to say to a tech person, but like humanity is messy.
脆弱感很奇怪。
Like vulnerability is weird.
亲密感很尴尬。
Intimacy is awkward.
这一切都很混乱,但正是在这片混乱中,我们找到了意义,也培养了力量。
It's all a mess, but it's in that mess that we find purpose and we build strength.
而我们现在所交互的AI系统在许多方面都令人惊叹,它们提供的是毫无阻力的体验。
And AI systems we now interact with are so incredible in so many ways, and they are a frictionless experience.
因此,想到我儿子的成长,我在想,会不会有捷径?
And so I wonder, thinking about my son growing up, like, will there be shortcuts?
如果我们不够谨慎,他会不会缺少必要的阻力,无法成长为他本可以成为的那个人?
And if we're not careful, will there not be the friction for him to develop into the person that he could be?
我和阿里经常讨论这个问题。
Ali and I talk about this a lot.
就像就像
Like like
Ali是你丈夫。
Ali's your husband.
是的。
Yeah.
我可能会称之为逆境,而不是摩擦。
I would maybe call it adversity, not friction.
但也许‘摩擦’这个词更好。
But maybe friction's a better word.
对一个人来说是逆境,对另一个人来说是摩擦。
Adversity to one person, friction to the other.
但我觉得我学到的很多东西,都来自于混乱和困难之中。
But, like, so much of what I think I learned was in the messiness, in the difficulty.
甚至包括无聊。
Actually, even in the boredom.
对,没错。
Like Right.
你和我是最后一代在无聊中长大的孩子。
You and I were kind of the last generation of kids that grew up bored.
是的。
Yeah.
那时候,我讨厌这种感觉。
And at the time, I hated it.
现在回头看,我觉得它以各种奇怪的方式带来了巨大的价值。
Looking back, I think it was just like super valuable in all of these strange ways.
我在郊区长大,经常在购物中心的停车场闲逛。
I grew up in the suburbs hanging out at mall parking lots.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
现在回想起来,我只想说:老天保佑我。
Back on it, I'm like, god help me.
也没有手机。
Also No phones.
我们那时候没有,就是你
We didn't have we just, you
没有手机。
No phones.
但那种感觉确实有一种魔力,虽然我并不想对引领AI技术革命的人怀旧,但那种体验确实塑造了今天的我。
But there was a certain, not to be nostalgic with the person leading the tech revolution of AI, but like there was a magic to that that I also think made me who I am.
完全对。
Totally.
所以我不想过于留恋过去,但我确实想弄清楚,我们该如何保留那些美好的部分,以及需要创造怎样的环境,让孩子们成长时还能拥有类似的经历。
So I don't want to like hang on to the past too much, but I do want to find out, like figure out how we don't throw out the good parts of of that, and and what it's gonna take to create an environment for kids to grow up in that still has some of that.
我觉得我的直觉是,这非常重要。
I think it my intuition is it's very important.
我想播放一段贝基医生的音频。
I wanna play a little sound from doctor Becky.
你知道贝基医生是谁吗?
Do you who doctor Becky is?
好的。
Okay.
贝基医生对此说过一些话。
Well, doctor Becky said something on this.
我上周刚采访过她,她对这个问题有自己的看法。
I just interviewed her, like, last week, and she had a thought on this.
如果我了解一件事关于在AI时代成长的青少年,那就是他们会面临很多棘手的、混乱的情况。
If I know one thing about tweens and teens growing up in an AI age, they're gonna have a lot of tricky situations, a lot of messy situations.
我最近对我14岁的孩子说,如果你正走向一个城镇,想到达那里,突然出现了一条捷径,你会走吗?
I said to my kid recently, my 14 year old, you know, if you were walking to a town and you wanted to get there, and all of a sudden there's a shortcut, would you take it?
他回答说,是的。
He was like, yeah.
这是个陷阱问题吗?
Is this a trick question?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。