本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
Netflix正在收购华纳兄弟探索公司。
Netflix is buying Warner Brothers Discovery.
流媒体大战终于要结束了吗?
Are the streaming wars finally over?
《Motley Fool Money》节目现在开始。
Motley Fool Money starts now.
每个人都需要钱。
Everybody needs money.
这就是为什么它被叫做钱。
That's why they call it money.
这里是来自Fool全球总部的《Motley Fool Money》节目。
From Fool Global Headquarters, this is Motley Fool Money.
欢迎收听《Motley Fool Money》。
Welcome to Motley Fool Money.
我是特拉维斯·霍伊。
I'm Travis Hoye.
与我一同参与节目的还有卢·怀特曼和杰森·莫泽。
I'm joined by Lou Whiteman and Jason Moser.
伙计们,我们得从今天的新闻开始说起。
Guys, we gotta start with the news of the day.
那就是Netflix收购华纳兄弟探索公司,至少是华纳兄弟探索公司的一部分。
That is Netflix buying Warner Brothers Discovery or at least part of Warner Brothers Discovery.
他们将剥离WBD的全球网络业务,包括Discovery全球频道。
They're gonna be spinning off WBD's global networks global their Discovery Global.
这些是传统的电视台,比如CNN、TNT之类的。
That's the the old TV station, CNN, TNT, stuff like that.
但Netflix将总共支付827亿美元。
But Netflix is gonna pay $82,700,000,000 in total.
华纳兄弟探索公司的股东们,如果你是股东,你将获得每股23.25美元的现金和4.50美元的Netflix股票。
Warner Brothers Discovery shareholder, if you are a shareholder, you're gonna get $23.25 worth of cash, $4.50 in Netflix stock.
Netflix还将举债590亿美元来为这笔交易融资。
Netflix is also taking out $59,000,000,000 worth of debt to finance this deal.
有58亿美元的分手费。
There's a $5,800,000,000 breakup fee.
这里有很多事情在发生,Lou。
There's a lot going on here, Lou.
但你的第一反应是什么?
But what is your first reaction?
这则消息是在周五早些时候传出的,我认为坦白说这很令人意外,因为Netflix看起来并不像是领先的一方。
This news came out early on Friday, and I think it was frankly surprising because it wasn't Netflix that seemed like they were in the lead.
是派拉蒙、派拉蒙圣丹斯和Skydance。
It was Paramount, Paramount Sundance, and Skydance.
我总是念不对这些名字。
I can't get these names correct.
Skydance。
Skydance.
然后突然Netflix就成了赢家。
And and suddenly Netflix is the winner.
2013年,Netflix的联合CEO泰德·萨兰达曾说过,目标是要比HBO更快地成为HBO,而不是被HBO同化。
So in 2013, Netflix co CEO Ted Saranda said the goal is to become HBO faster than HBO can become us.
剧透警告还是什么情况?
Spoiler alert or what is this?
这是个意外结局还是类似的情节?
Is this a surprise ending or something like that?
他们将以一种奇怪的方式变成HBO。
They are going to become HBO in a weird way.
但是,我的第一反应确实是‘哇’。
But, yeah, I mean, I mean, the first reaction is wow.
我觉得这很合理。
I think it makes sense.
我不禁要开个愚蠢的玩笑,25年前有个定义市场的交易,目标公司名字里带华纳。
You know, I can't help but make the stupid joke about twenty five years ago, there was a, you know, market defining deal where the target was had Warner in the name and it marked the top.
不过我认为这次不同,因为AOL当时可能出于绝望。
I think this is different, though, because I do think that, you know, AOL might have been coming from a place of desperation.
Netflix在这里看到了机会。
Netflix sees an opportunity here.
我认为Netflix看到了一个绝佳机会,可以在一个因各家竞品涌现而授权内容日益困难的世界里,获取一个优质内容库。
Netflix sees, I think, an amazing opportunity to get a great content library in a world where it's getting harder for them to license because everybody has a competing product.
现在没人愿意再把内容给Netflix了。
Nobody wants to give Netflix their content anymore.
确实。
Yes.
债务负担很重。
It's a lot of debt.
没错。
Yes.
风险很大。
It's a lot of risk.
是的。
Yes.
我们看看监管机构会怎么说。
We'll see what regulators have to say.
但这确实有道理。
But this makes sense.
而且我认为,作为一个消费者,我可能也喜欢这个结果。
And I think, I I I think as a consumer, I probably like this outcome too.
所以这里有很多令人惊叹的地方,但也有很多值得喜欢的地方。
So there's there's a lot of wow here, but I think a lot a lot to like.
Jason,你看到这笔交易时有什么想法?
Jason, what were your thoughts when you saw this deal?
我想这让我觉得Netflix的年度涨价可能还会更进一步,因为他们现在确实占据了顶级流媒体地位——要知道,我已经有十多年没用有线电视了。
I guess it made me think these annual price increases for neck Netflix probably even gonna go a little bit further because they now really take that top position of, you know what, if you have streaming I I haven't had cable for, I think, over a decade now.
Netflix基本上成了没有有线电视订阅时的必备服务。
Netflix is kinda one of those you have to have if you don't have a cable subscription.
我同意。
I agree.
这几乎是每个家庭必备的基础流媒体订阅服务。
It's a bedrock streaming subscription for virtually every household.
而我...我认为这样的交易只会让这种情况更加明显。
And I I I think that only becomes more the case with a deal like this.
有趣的是你看到特德·萨兰多斯说:我知道你们中有些人对我们达成这笔交易感到惊讶,对吧?
It's funny you saw Ted Sarando saying, I know that some of you are surprised we made this deal, right?
我们...我们通常更喜欢自己打造内容而非购买,但他们认为这是个独特机会,就像卢刚才说的那样,能够获得一批极具价值的IP资源,对吧,那些他们知道用户喜欢的内容。
We we tend to like to build things rather than buy them, but they just view this as a unique opportunity, as as Lou went as Lou said there to to go ahead and get a a catalog of of just some very valuable IP, right, some very valuable content that they know customers like.
看看Netflix,大约有3亿订阅用户,而HBO Max所有这些加起来还不到它的一半。
You look at Netflix, around 300,000,000 subscribers there and and with HBO Max and all of this, that's a little bit less than half of that.
所以他们将会增加一些订阅用户。
So they're going to add some subscribers.
显然这里存在一些重叠用户,但他们也会带来一些新用户加入。
There's clearly some overlap there, but they're gonna bring some new subscribers into the mix there.
更重要的是,他们还将因此获得大量新增内容资源。
And and more so, they will have just a ton of additional content that comes with it.
我认为有一点,你知道,我对这笔交易并不那么兴奋。
I think the one thing, you know, I'm not as excited about the deal.
我理解他们为什么这么做,但这也让我对我们之前讨论的内容感到有点紧张,特拉维斯,就像迪士尼的角度那样。
I understand why they're doing it, but it also makes me a little nervous from what we were talking about earlier, Travis, like the Disney perspective.
我的意思是,你想想这个,对吧?
And and what I mean by that is you think about this, right?
迪士尼目前的市值约为1860亿美元。
Disney has a market capitalization today around $186,000,000,000.
那是9410亿美元的收入和123亿美元的净利润。
That's on 94 and a half billion dollars in revenue and $12,300,000,000 in net income.
嗯。
Mhmm.
另一方面,Netflix的市值约为4350亿美元,收入略高于430亿美元,净利润为105亿美元。
Netflix, on the other hand, has around 435,000,000,000 market cap on just over $43,000,000,000 in revenue and 10 and a half billion dollars in net income.
我认为过去几年真正拖累迪士尼的因素之一——其实是几个因素之一——就是他们在流媒体领域入场太晚。
And I think one of the things that's really held Disney back over the last several years, one of of I think a few, I think they relate to the streaming game better late than ever.
但是,对吧,那次收购福克斯的交易,我觉得让他们有点倒退,因为那是个非常庞大的承诺。
But, right, that Fox acquisition, I think kinda set them back a little bit because it was such a large commitment.
所以我从Netflix的角度担心这一点,因为它确实是个非常重大的承诺。
And so I just worry about this from from Netflix's perspective in that it is such a large commitment.
这可能需要一些时间才能真正体现在财务报表上并显得合理。
It could take some time to really flow through the financials and make as much sense.
不过总的来说,我理解这个举动。
But generally speaking, I do understand the move.
如果说有哪家公司能执行好这个计划,我认为是Netflix,所以我明白他们为什么这么做。
If there's a company that's gonna be able to execute this, I think it's Netflix, so I get why they're doing it.
确实如此。
Definitely true.
不过我想说,买什么很重要。
I I would say, though, it matters what you buy.
所以我确实认为沃纳...我在这里看到了更多逻辑。
And so I I do think that Werner that that I I see more logic here.
我是说,我告诉过迪士尼和福克斯,我明白他们的意图,但我确实认为目标很重要,而且目标更优质。
I mean, I told Disney, Fox, I see what they were doing, but I do think the target matters and the target's better.
特拉维斯,关于定价问题,作为一个消费者,我只想指出,如果你真的想要这些内容,我怀疑Netflix会把月费提高11美元。
Travis, on the pricing thing as a consumer, all I'd note is is that if you actually do want this content, I doubt Netflix raises their price by $11 per month.
而华纳兄弟流媒体用户的最低消费就是每月11美元。
And the minimum to be a Warner Brothers streaming customer was $11 per month.
所以我认为这说明了其中的选择性。
So I think I I think that speaks to the optionality here.
我觉得,你知道,制片厂的一些不满在于——电影还会在院线上映吗?
I think, you know, some of what the, the studios are upset about, you know, that will will movies go to the theaters anymore?
这类问题。
Kinda some of those questions.
我认为Netflix可以在这方面轻松让步,或许
I think Netflix can kind of give in on that pretty easily and maybe And
他们已经承诺过会继续推出院线电影。
they have made some promises that they're gonna keep keep having theatrical releases.
但同时也是泰德·萨兰多斯说过,他们基本上不关心影院。
But all also Ted Sarandos was the one who said that, you know, basically, we don't care about theaters.
所以这笔交易中确实存在一些天然的紧张关系。
So this is there is some natural tension in the deal.
很多时候这类交易的情况是,你做出承诺或保证,但五到十年后就逐渐淡忘,也没人真正
And a lot of times what happens with these kind of deals is you make a a promise or a commitment, and five or ten years from now, you kind of forget about that and no one's really
跟进落实。
following up.
不过让我们看看
But but let's look
这个
at the
另一方面。
other way.
或许我过于乐观了,但大型制片厂的加入,是否意味着将影院作为另一个收入来源在经济上更具合理性?
And and maybe I'm being too Pollyanna here, but does the bigger studio presence mean that it makes more economic sense to sort of lean into that as another into the theater as another source of revenue.
是的。
Yeah.
背负着590亿美元的债务,或许你们需要考虑这个问题。
And with $59,000,000,000 in debt, maybe you need to think about it.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
嗯,不过就这样吧。
Well, but that's it.
我会提供新的解决途径。
I'd offer new ways to to tackle that.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我认为有很多种可能性可以展开。
I think there's a lot of ways to play out.
关键点在于,迪士尼这些年来既有优秀的管理层,也有不尽如人意的管理层。
The one thing and, you know, I mean, that that not I mean, Disney has had good management and less good management over the year.
我还想说,如果要押注骑师,我会押注Netflix的管理团队能解决当前的一些问题,理顺这些症结。
The one thing again I would say too is is that if you're gonna bet the jockey, I'm gonna bet on Netflix's management team to work to work through some of the wrinkles, iron out the wrinkles here.
我也不确定。
And I don't know.
我不想表现得过于乐观。
I I don't wanna be too positive.
就像我说的,我仍然怀疑它能否顺利通过,尤其是在全球范围内涉及反垄断的情况下。
Like I said, I still wonder if it gets through, especially globally, with antitrust.
但我确实认为,天啊,你们让一群极其聪明的人来掌管更多优质资产。
But I do think that, man, you're putting a really smart people in charge of even more great assets.
作为投资者,这家公司有很多值得看好的地方。
And as an investor, there's a lot to like about that company.
我也觉得这完全合理。
I I think that makes perfect sense too.
而且,考虑到他们引入的所有这些资产,事情可能有两种走向,但很可能会看到Netflix推出更多订阅层级。
And and, you know, the other thing to think about too is because of all of these assets they're bringing in, and then this could go one of two ways, but there's a distinct possibility we will see more levels for subscriptions coming from Netflix.
你觉得会有Netflix Plus吗?
You think there's gonna be a Netflix Plus?
Netflix Plus。
Netflix Plus.
也许吧。
Maybe.
让我们再发挥点创意。
Let's get a little bit more creative.
对吧?
Right?
不过你大概明白我的意思了。
But, I mean, you're kinda getting my you're catching my drift there.
对吧?
Right?
我是说,想想Netflix早期,其成功的关键之一就是简洁明了。
I mean, it could be I mean, think about Netflix in the day, it was it one of its keys to success was simplicity.
对吧?
Right?
它就是很简单。
It just was easy.
随着时间的推移,随着流媒体领域竞争加剧,他们不得不开始提供更多订阅层级,以吸引不同消费者,并逐步实施价格策略。
And as time grows, as the competitive jockeying heated up in the space, they had to kind of start offering some more levels of subscriptions to to be able to attract various consumers and exercise that pricing power sort of incrementally along the way.
所以,如果他们通过此次收购推出更多订阅层级,我一点都不会惊讶。这对消费者可能是好事,但也意味着选择最适合的层级会变得更复杂。
So I mean, it wouldn't shock me at all to see them offering some more levels of subscriptions with this acquisition, which could be good for consumers, but it also means it's going to be a little bit more convoluted or difficult to figure out exactly which level you really want.
但这或许能让他们更隐蔽地施展定价权,可以这么说。
But that might give them the opportunity to flex that pricing power a little bit more under the radar, so to speak.
我想谈谈其他竞争对手,因为我认为Netflix这笔交易至少带有一定防御性质才可能达成。
I want to get to some of the other competitors here because I think the other piece that we have to think about with Netflix is I don't think this deal gets done if it's not at least a little bit defensive.
意思是,Netflix现在可以主动出击了,你知道吗?
Meaning, Netflix can now play offense, say, you know what?
我们要成为最大的平台,买下这家大型工作室,不让它落入康卡斯特、孔雀平台和派拉蒙天舞的手中。
We're gonna be the biggest and we're gonna buy this huge studio, and we're gonna keep it away from Comcast and Peacock and Paramount Skydance.
杰森,当你看到这种情况时,这些公司现在该如何生存?
Jason, when you look at that, how do those companies survive now?
我...我是说,我认为这就是Netflix的...你确实拥有Netflix。
I I mean, I think that's where the you you do have Netflix.
他们目前是遥遥领先的最大平台。
They're by far the biggest.
迪士尼的流媒体业务现在已经盈利。
Disney is now profitable in their streaming business.
他们有着相当明确的战略。
They have a pretty clear strategy.
迪士尼+主打儿童内容这一块。
You have Disney plus with kind of the kids stuff.
Hulu则负责更多面向成人的综合娱乐内容。
You have more adult general entertainment is under Hulu.
ESPN,虽然我们没有他们具体的流媒体用户数据,但显然他们将会通过体育内容吸引各类观众。
ESPN, it I don't I don't know how we we don't have numbers behind how many streamers they have, but it seems clear that that's gonna be the they're gonna be pulling in all kinds of stuff with sports.
而其他这些公司规模太小,无法成为必选平台。
Then you have these other companies that are they're just not big enough to be the must have.
当你考虑要取消哪些流媒体订阅时,如果Netflix真能做到这一点,取消这些小众服务的概率似乎会更高。
And they and if you're looking at what you're gonna cancel on your streaming bill, it seems like the odds of canceling those even goes up after this if Netflix actually pulls this off.
嗯,我认为你说得对。
Well, I think you're right there.
所以回到卢的观点,你会怀疑这笔交易能否真的通过监管审查,因为这确实会让强者愈强。
And so to to Lou's point, you kinda wonder if this thing actually does make it past the regulatory side, because it is really a big deal where the strong only gets stronger.
目前这个领域的主要竞争者基本就是迪士尼和Netflix,其他都是陪跑。
I mean, we're looking at pretty much the incumbents in the space at this point are Disney and Netflix, and then there's everybody else.
而且这些流媒体资产非常分散碎片化。
And and it's very fragmented with all of those different streaming properties.
这让他们的运营变得极其困难。
It makes it very, very difficult for them to operate.
他们可以继续维持现状,但这并不意味着从投资角度看有吸引力,除非具备某种差异化优势,否则他们永远无法行使同等的定价权。
They can kinda keep on doing what they're doing, but that doesn't mean it's going to be attractive from an investing perspective, and they're not going to ever really be able to exercise the same level of pricing power unless they have some kind of differentiation.
要知道,早些时候我可能会说孔雀台的直播体育赛事或许是差异化优势,但我们已经看到了...
You know, a time ago, I would have said maybe that was live sports with Peacock, but we're already seeing.
对吧?
Right?
我是说,你有迪士尼。
I mean, you've got, you've got Disney.
现在又有Netflix真正试图进入直播体育领域。
You've got now Netflix really trying to enter that live sports space.
别忘了还有亚马逊及其流媒体业务。
I mean, let's not forget about Amazon and and and their streaming business as well.
所以我认为这个由迪士尼、亚马逊和Netflix组成的三巨头,与其他玩家形成了鲜明对比。
So I think you look at that trifecta with Disney, Amazon, and Netflix, and then there's everybody else.
我认为对其他人来说,竞争格局已经变得更加艰难了。
I think the competitive landscape has just gotten a lot more difficult for everyone else.
你知道吗?
You know?
也许是因为我过去的银行业背景,但我认为每个问题都能通过交易解决,伙计们。
And maybe it's maybe it's the banking in my past, but every problem gets solved by a deal, guys.
你懂的。
You know that.
每个问题都能通过交易解决。
Every problem is solved by a deal.
Peacock需要更多交易。
Peacock more deals.
顺便说一句,
By the way,
这笔交易可能一年半内都无法完成。
this deal isn't gonna close for a year and a half potentially.
对。
Right.
不。
No.
但我觉得,听着,现在有两类平台,而且我认为版税就是版税。
But I but but I think, look, there is two tiers, and, and I think, you know, the royalty is royalty.
其他平台必须联手合作。
The the rest have to team up.
孔雀和派拉蒙应该互相联系。
Peacock, Paramount call each other.
我认为这笔交易是合理的。
I think that deal makes sense.
我觉得至少能打造出一个更有竞争力的二级平台。
I I think it it would make at least a stronger second tier player.
真正的问题在于各方的自尊心。
Real question there is egos.
我不认为埃里森家族会愿意放弃控制权。
I don't see, the Ellisons wanting to give up control.
而且我认为康卡斯特很乐意参与这场竞争。
And I think Comcast likes having a horse in this race.
所以我不确定该如何构建这个结构才能让各方都满意。
So I don't I don't know how you structure that so that everybody is happy.
但假设Netflix被允许收购华纳兄弟探索公司,如果孔雀电视和派拉蒙合并,事情可能会变得更容易,因为那时你可以说,看——
But that assuming Netflix is allowed to buy Warner Brothers Discovery, and maybe it becomes easier if Peacock and Paramount are together because then you could say, look.
这是另一个你可以尝试向监管机构提出的论点。
This is another you could at try and make the argument to regulators.
但我确实认为,如此大规模的行业进一步整合是必然结果。
But I do think that further consolidation is the natural result of something this big.
这让人不禁怀疑,那些较小的竞争对手是否正在幕后悄悄联系亚马逊、迪士尼和Netflix,说:'嘿,伙计们'。
Makes you wonder if those little the smaller competitors aren't maybe, like, sort of, behind the scenes knocking on the doors of Amazon, Disney, and Netflix and saying, hey, guys.
你们也想收购我们吗?
You wanna buy us too?
那该多有意思啊?
How fun would that be?
另一个问题是,你们还有这个没怎么受到关注的拆分业务——有线电视网络。
Here's the other question is you also have this spin off that isn't getting much attention, the the cable networks.
我相信康卡斯特仍然计划做同样的事情。
I I believe Comcast is still planning to do the same thing.
卢,这是否可能是另一笔交易,
Is that another deal, Lou, that could potentially
同样的回答。
Same answer.
会发生吗?
Happen?
是的。
Yeah.
同样的回答。
Same answer.
康卡斯特的有线电视网络正试图通过扩大规模来维持运营,分摊销售团队的压力。
The the the the Comcast TV networks for the it's trying to tread water with a little more scale to spread out over the sales team.
是的。
Yeah.
我...我认为这类东西实在太多了。
I I I think there are too many of these things, period.
无论是作为消费者还是企业,整合/淘汰——我认为整合更有可能,因为它们确实都拥有某些价值。
As a consumer, as as a business, consolidation slash failure, I think consolidation is more likely because they all do have something of value.
我认为在这笔交易之前,世界本就朝着这个方向发展,但大交易往往会搅动局势并引发其他交易。
I think probably that's the way the world was going before this deal, but a big deal tends to shake things up and cause other deals.
确实如此。
So yeah.
谁是最大的赢家?
Who is the big winner here?
这将是我的最后一个问题。
This will be my final question.
卢,你先说。
Lou, you go first.
如果只能选一支股票,你会选哪支?
If you gotta pick one stock, which one is it?
老兄。
Man.
你知道的,我明白你想让我说迪士尼?
You know, I dig you want me to say Disney?
我可能会说迪士尼
I may say Disney as
迪士尼什么都不用做就已经是赢家了。
Just by not doing anything, Disney is the winner.
嗯,看涨的观点是,我们讨论过的。
Well well, the bull case is, you know, we talked about it.
迪士尼之前在他们的一些做法上确实存在问题。
Disney had some issues before with some of what they did.
至少,你也把最大竞争对手的戏剧性事件带进来了。
If nothing else, you're bringing your biggest competitor drama too.
对吧?
Right?
所以某种程度上,你是在把他们拉低到你的水平。
So so so you're kind of bringing them down to your level.
而且,是的,我确实认为迪士尼的那些问题,终有一天会变成先发优势。
And, also, yeah, I do think that Disney, maybe all of that issues will one day look like a first mover advantage.
对吧?
Right?
但我...我认为...我还是觉得Netflix才是这里的大赢家,因为——我再次强调这一点。
But I I think them I still think Netflix Netflix is a big winner here because, again, I go back to this.
也许我太乐观了,但你给房间里最聪明的人更多优质资产。
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but you give the smartest people in the room more good assets.
作为投资者,我愿意押注这个。
And as an investor, I I'll take my chances with that.
杰森?
Jason?
卢,你抢了我的答案。
Lou, you stole my answer.
房间里最聪明的人。
The smartest people in the room.
我正想说,我我我认为,如果有哪家公司能有效执行这类收购,那很可能就是Netflix。
I was gonna say, I I I think that, again, if there's any company that's going to be able to execute this this type of an acquisition, effectively, I think that Netflix is probably it.
他们显然拥有辉煌的成功记录,公司里有很多非常聪明的人。
They just clearly have a tremendous track record of success, some very smart people in the business.
而且我认为这个品牌如今已成为家庭娱乐领域的基石。
And, again, I think a brand that is just a bedrock of of the the home entertainment landscape today.
实在看不出这种优势会消失。
Just don't see that going away.
广告回来后,我们将讨论本周另一大新闻:Meta削减元宇宙开支。
When we come back, we are gonna get to the other big news of the week that is meta cutting spending on the metaverse.
您正在收听的是Motley Fool Money节目。
You're listening to Motley Fool Money.
嘿,各位傻瓜们。
Hey, fools.
我们将短暂休息一下,插播今天节目的赞助商信息。
We're gonna take a quick break for a word from our sponsor for today's episode.
房地产。
Real estate.
它世代以来都是财富积累的基石,但也常因凌晨三点的维修电话、租客纠纷和房产税问题成为投资者的主要困扰。
It has been the cornerstone of wealth building for generations, but it's also often been a major headache for investors with three AM maintenance calls, tenant disputes, and property taxes.
现在有Fundrise旗舰基金——一个价值11亿美元的地产投资组合。
Enter Fundrise's flagship fund, a $1,100,000,000 real estate portfolio.
旗下拥有超过4000套阳光地带社区的单户住宅,330万平方英尺的高需求工业设施,全部由经验丰富的专业团队管理。
With more than 4,000 single family homes in the Sunbelt communities, 3,300,000 square feet of in demand industrial facilities, all professionally managed by an experienced team.
旗舰基金汇聚了房地产最具吸引力的特质:长期增值潜力、通胀对冲能力,以及超越股市的多元化投资。
The flagship fund taps into some of real estate's most attractive qualities, long term appreciation potential, a hedge against inflation, and diversification beyond the stock market.
确认,再确认。
Check, check, and check.
完全无需复杂的文书工作、巨额首付款和令人心力交瘁的房东职责。
All without the complex paperwork, massive down payments, and soul sucking landlord duties.
访问fundrise.com/fool查看投资组合,查阅历史回报率,了解房地产投资能变得多么轻松。
Visit fundrise.com/fool to explore the portfolio, check out historical returns, and see just how much easier investing in real estate can be.
投资前请仔细考量Fundrise旗舰基金的投资目标、风险、费用及支出。
Carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the Fundrise Flagship Fund before investing.
该信息及其他详情可在fundrise.com/flagship的基金说明书中查阅。
This and other information can be found in the Fund's prospectus at fundrise.com/flagship.
此为付费广告。
This is a paid advertisement.
欢迎回到Motley Full Money节目。
Welcome back to Motley Full Money.
Meta本周宣布将削减约30%的元宇宙投资。
Meta announced this week that it's cutting investment in the metaverse by about 30%.
我们目前还不清楚具体细节,比如元宇宙和人工智能各自占比多少,但这是马克·扎克伯格在VR和AR领域投入的巨大赌注。
Now we don't know, like, the exact details, what's the metaverse, what's AI, but this was a massive investment that Mark Zuckerberg made in trying to build out VR, AR.
他们甚至为此改了公司名。
They even changed their name.
那么卢,你觉得前Facebook公司搞元宇宙这件事是不是个错误?
So, Lou, is this whole metaverse thing been a mistake by the former Facebook?
顺便问句,我们还能把原名要回来吗?
By way, can we get that name back?
是啊。
Yeah.
或者干脆改名叫AI平台公司?
Or change it to, AI platforms?
我也不知道。
I don't know.
对。
Yeah.
听着,伙计们,我真不知道该作何感想。
Look, guys, I I don't know what to think.
我实在拿不准是该在这里称赞扎克还是要批评他。
I can't figure out if I am going to praise Zuck here or or bury him.
因为,你看,从某种角度来说,这是一支能赚大钱的成长股。
Because, look, in one sense, this is a growth stock that makes a lot of money.
你希望这些CEO能做出大胆的赌注。
You want these CEOs to be making big bets.
Meta的广告业务就像一台印钞机。
Meta has a money printing machine in its advertising business.
我并不想只是在那里支付股息。
I don't necessarily want to just pay a dividend there.
你希望这些现金能投资于企业,用于实现宏大的构想。
You want that cash to be invested in the business for big ideas.
但另一方面,你评判CEO的标准是看他如何明智地使用这笔资金。
On the other hand, you judge your CEO on making good choices with what to do with that money.
这不仅仅是把钱往墙上扔那么简单。
It just isn't a matter of throwing money at the wall.
而是要做出明智的投资。
It's let's make good investments.
事后诸葛亮容易,但有没有那么一刻我们中有人想说,嘿,扎克。
Easy for me to say in hindsight, but was there ever a moment where any of us wanted to say, hey, Zuck.
你为什么不烧掉770亿美元把我们全放进电子游戏里呢?
Why don't you burn $77,000,000,000 to put us all inside of a video game?
那倒是挺有意思的。
That would be cute.
对吧?
Right?
现在看看。
And now look.
是啊。
Yeah.
我认为,他们很大程度上是想投资人工智能。
A lot of this, I think, is they wanna invest in AI.
无论是好消息还是坏消息,AI会让那770亿美元看起来像零花钱。
Either good news, bad news, AI is gonna make that 77,000,000,000 look like pocket change.
所以,你看,我们又来了。
So, you know, there here we here we go again.
但是,扎克,我真的不知道该怎么想。
But, yeah, I don't I I don't know what to think here, Zach.
你知道吗?
You know?
是的。
Yes.
大胆尝试。
Take big swings.
但归根结底,人们会根据你投资的质量来评判你。
But at the end of the day, you will be judged on the quality of the investments you make.
我始终没真正理解他们为何押注Meta,对股东来说,这简直是解脱。
And I don't I don't ever really understand where they were going with Meta and probably for shareholders, good riddance.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道,我...我觉得Lou说得对。
You know, I I I think Lou's right.
两方面因素都有一些。
There's a little bit of both.
对吧?
Right?
你既想称赞他,又忍不住想为这事责备他几句,因为这显然不是明智之举。
You wanna praise him and and maybe kind of chastise him a little bit for this because, I mean, it was clearly not the right move.
只要回顾过去两年,现实实验室部门就累计亏损近400亿美元。
I mean, you just look back over the last two years, that has chalked up close to $40,000,000,000 in operating losses in the reality lab segment.
但显然,AI才是未来的机遇所在。
But clearly, AI is the opportunity going forward.
所以很高兴看到扎克至少承认了这一点。
So it's good to see Zuck at least acknowledging that.
作为投资者,当事情进展不顺时,事实变了,观点自然也要跟着变。
I mean, as investors, right, when things aren't working out, you just sort of you change your mind when the facts change.
很明显,我已经关注这个领域好几年了。
And clearly here, I mean, I followed the space for several years.
虽然AR和VR有一些有趣的潜在应用,但这个元宇宙概念确实没有像他预期的那样发展起来。
While there are some interesting sort of implications of AR and VR, right, this metaverse sort of concept just hasn't really developed, I think, as he would have hoped.
这并不是说它未来不会成功。
Now it's not to say that it won't in the future.
也许会的。
Maybe it will.
也许要等到我们都不在了才会实现。
Maybe it'll be well after we're gone, guys.
谁知道呢。
I don't know.
但这让我从谷歌或Alphabet的其他赌注部门的角度进行了思考。
But, you know, I do this made me think about Google or Alphabet from the perspective of their other bets segment.
当你观察其他赌注时,是的,那个部门也亏损很多钱。
And when you look at other bets, yeah, other bets, that that segment loses a lot of money too.
但如果你只看过去两年,它的亏损大约是Reality Labs的四分之一,而且亏损也是多元化的。
But if you just look over the last two years, I mean, it's basically it it's it's losses are a quarter of what Reality Labs is It's diversified losses too.
这正是我接下来要说的重点。
And that was gonna be my next point exactly.
它包括Calico这样的生物技术企业,Gfiber等业务。
It includes businesses like Calico, which is biotechnology, Gfiber.
对吧?
Right?
还有健康科学领域的Verily。
You've got the what Verily in health sciences.
还有Waymo。
You got Waymo.
他们有Wing,做无人机配送的。
You got Wing, which is drone delivery.
他们还有X,别跟以前的Twitter搞混了。
They've got their x, which don't mistake that for the old Twitter.
X是Alphabet的登月工厂,也就是那个研发中心。
X is Alphabet's moonshot factory, which is that research and development facility.
所以说到你的观点,没错,那是个非常多元化的其他业务。
So to your point there, yeah, that's a very well diversified other bets business.
我认为市场一直对此给予了高度认可。
And I think the market has always given it a lot of credit for for that.
Facebook,Meta,不管他们决定怎么称呼自己。
Facebook, Meta, whatever they decide to call themselves.
是啊。
Yeah.
本质上还是广告业务。
It's still an advertising play.
这并不是件坏事。
That's not a bad thing.
他们在这方面做得非常好。
They do that very well.
但要找到下一个迭代版本、下一个范式,结果证明这比我们预想的要困难一些。
But trying to figure out that next iteration, that next sort of paradigm, turns out that's a little bit more difficult than perhaps we thought.
另一件与发布内容相悖的事情,或者说与元宇宙裁员信息相矛盾的是,他们聘请了来自苹果的艾伦·戴。
The other thing that kind of goes against what the release was about or the information that came out about these these cuts at the metaverse is they hired Alan Dye, who's coming from Apple.
他曾是苹果的设计高管之一。
He was one of their design executives.
他以参与Apple Watch和Vision Pro等项目而闻名。
He is known for things like the Apple Watch and the Vision Pro.
所以当你审视他们在增强现实领域的雄心时,他们有了能感知你手部动作的腕戴设备。
So when you look at something like their AR ambitions with the glasses, you have that wrist device that senses what you're doing with your hand.
还有显示技术。
You have displays.
所以这里有很多重叠之处。
So there's a lot of overlap there.
这看起来几乎像是他们要从元宇宙的概念转向全力投入他所描述的——他将负责运行配备人工智能的消费设备。
It almost seems like they're shifting from this metaverse idea to going all in on what he he it was described as he's gonna be running AI equipped consumer devices.
那么我们只是把元宇宙改名为AI宇宙吗,卢?
So are we just renaming the metaverse to AI verse, Lou?
改名,我不确定,因为我确实认为两者是有区别的。
Renaming, I don't know, because I do think there there is a difference.
你知道吗?
You know?
你必须通过眼镜等设备与现实世界保持连接。
You you have to stick in the real world with a lot of with the glasses and stuff.
你无法进入卡通世界。
You don't get to go into the cartoon.
不过,是的,我认为很明显——如果我们想给扎克一个更善意的解读,他确实预见到了未来我们将体验各种增强现实,就像现实+的场景。
But, yes, I think it's pretty clearly If if we wanna give Zuck a more charitable read, he did see that in the future, we are gonna be experienced augmented all sorts of just like reality plus scenarios.
或许他在虚拟游戏世界的判断有误,但在AI增强现实方面可能没错。
And maybe he was wrong on the video game world, but he may not be wrong on the AI assisted reality.
所以这更像是一次战略转型,而非简单的‘我们错了’。
And so it is more of a shift than it is just a we were wrong.
他们如何运用那笔巨额资金肯定会很有趣,毕竟AI研发确实耗资巨大。
Definitely gonna be interesting to see what they do with all that cash because AI is costing a lot of money.
他们虽缺乏明确战略,但显然正投入重金吸引人才来解决这个问题。
They don't have a clear strategy there, but they're obviously spending a lot of money to pull people in to try to figure this out.
看来扎克伯格的长期声誉将取决于未来五到十年的表现。
And so we it seems like Zuckerberg's, long term reputation is gonna be determined over this next five to ten years.
广告回来后,我们将进行‘无坚不摧vs岿然不动’的环节。
When we come back, we're gonna play unstoppable force versus immovable object.
您正在收听的是Motley Fool财经节目。
You're listening to Motley Fool Money.
欢迎回到Motley Fool财经节目。
Welcome back to Motley Fool Money.
今天我们要玩一个'势不可挡的力量vs无法移动的物体'的游戏,这股势不可挡的力量就是那些年复一年持续增长和复合发展的颠覆性公司。
Today, we're gonna play unstoppable force versus immovable object, and the unstoppable force is these disruptive companies that it seems like just keep growing and compounding year after year.
想想亚马逊或网飞这样的公司。
So think about Amazon or Netflix.
这些公司会在我们即将讨论的某些行业中长期获胜吗?还是那些看似原地不动的既得利益者——'无法移动的物体'会胜出?
Do those companies win long term in some of these industries we're gonna talk about, or is it the immovable objects, the incumbents that just kinda don't seem to go anywhere?
那我们开始吧。
So let's start.
杰森,从你开始。
Let me go with you, Jason.
电动汽车是汽车行业势不可挡的颠覆力量吗?
Is are electric vehicles an unstoppable force of disruption in the auto industry?
还是说我们已经过了那个阶段,'无法移动的物体'将会是底特律、大石油公司以及当前的政治环境?
Or have we gotten past that and the immovable object is going to be Detroit and big oil and sort of the current political environment?
我们是否正在取消一些针对电动汽车的激励政策,甚至可能回归到那些高油耗SUV的时代?
Are we taking away some of these incentives for electric vehicles and, you know, maybe going back to the big gas guzzling SUVs?
展开剩余字幕(还有 273 条)
我认为从长远来看,电动汽车是不可阻挡的趋势。
I think that longer term, I think the electric vehicle is the unstoppable force.
就像大多数技术进步和科技浪潮一样,人们往往对其抱有过高的期望,认为变革会来得更快。
I think like with most things, with most sort of tech advancements and tech waves, there's a lot of hype and a lot of expectation in that things will happen a lot more quickly.
历史一再证明,这些发展往往比我们希望的更为缓慢。
History just shows that they tend to develop and evolve a little bit more slowly than we had hoped.
比如现在突然有人开始说,也许我不想要燃油车了。
Know, for example, we're seeing folks now all of a sudden saying, well, maybe I don't want a gas vehicle.
也许我想要混合动力车,可能是插电式混动,也可能是普通混动。
Maybe I want, like, a, you know, a hybrid, like a it could be a plug in hybrid or just a regular hybrid.
他们正逐渐从我们传统的用车方式转向新的选择。
And they sort of start making that shift away from what we've done traditionally through the year.
所以我认为,当你用正确的时间维度来看待这个问题时,电动汽车绝对是势不可挡的。
So I I think that when you're looking at it through the right time lens, I think electric vehicles are absolutely an unstoppable force.
而且,如果你关注这个领域的股票,特斯拉显然是首选。
And, you know, I mean, I I guess if you're looking if you're looking at stocks in the space, mean, Tesla is is the obvious name.
考虑到埃隆·马斯克的资源实力和他持续调配与积累资源的能力,很难押注他会失败。
And given given Elon Musk's resources and ability just to continue allocating and accumulating resources, it's it's it's hard to bet against him.
我知道他反复无常,容易让人情绪激动,但特斯拉确实感觉会成为未来多年我们经济中举足轻重的公司。
I I know I know it's mercurial and kinda gets people worked up, but it sure feels like Tesla is gonna be an important company in our in our economy for for many years to come.
卢?
Lou?
郑重声明,我爱我的混动车。
For the record, I love my hybrid.
我这辈子再也不会买混动以外的车了。
I will never buy another car other than a hybrid, but Yeah.
但我还没准备好买电动车。
I'm not ready for an EV.
所以这很合理。
So it makes sense.
杰森说得很对。
Jason's spot on.
这个叙事方向并没有错。
It would the the narrative wasn't wrong.
只是这个叙事发展得太快了。
The narrative was just going too quick.
我认为电动汽车是不可阻挡的趋势,就这样。
Electric vehicles, I think, are an unstoppable force, period.
只是需要时间而已。
It'll just take a while.
对我来说,要押注这个趋势(不只是为了讨好主持人),关键在于如果转型比你预想的要慢,那么燃油车市场的存续时间也会比你预想的更久——但我们终将走向电动化的未来。
For me, the stock to play on that, not just kiss up to the host is that if this is gonna take longer than you think, so there is a market for ICE vehicles longer than you think, but we are heading towards an electric future.
通用汽车既有投资未来的资源,又能满足当前市场需求,我认为这是支能反映现实而非炒作的好股票。
General Motors with the resources to both invest in the future and still supply today, I think that's a pretty good stock to just play the reality, not the hype.
顺便说,很多人没意识到美国第二大电动车制造商其实是通用汽车,他们现在利润率已经和特斯拉不相上下了。
By the way, the number two EV maker in The US, a lot of people don't realize that GM is actually actually pretty big, and they've got similar margins to Tesla at this point.
所以如果看重盈利能力的话,通用汽车其实表现相当不错。
So if making money matters, GM's actually pretty good at that.
好的。
All right.
接下来是风能、太阳能、电池和可再生能源。
Next up, wind, solar, batteries, renewable energy.
在美国新建产能中,这些能源已占到70%至90%的份额。
This has been between 7090% of new capacity being built in The US.
随着我们迈向人工智能时代,若需要更多电力,这些领域似乎正是发展方向。
As we move to artificial intelligence, if we need more power, that seems like where we should be going.
但现有基础设施如同不可撼动的堡垒——政治游说、关税壁垒、以及可再生能源作为间歇性能源的实际问题总是浮现,尤其在AI相关讨论中。
But you have the immovable object of the existing infrastructure, the political lobby, tariffs, the reality of renewable energy being an intermittent energy source, which always seems to come up, especially with these AI discussions.
那么如果未来五到十年AI确实会推动能源需求激增(目前看来趋势如此),风能、太阳能和电池这些可再生能源技术会成为赢家吗?还是传统能源会继续主导,Lou?
So if we do have an energy boom driven by AI over the next five to ten years, which it seems like we're going to, are wind, solar, and batteries, these renewable energy technologies going to be the winners, or is it just gonna be kind of the old guard, Lou?
我想先听听你的看法。
I'm gonna have you go first.
好的。
Yeah.
更不用说这里还有一点:传统能源仍然更高效。
Not to mention the other thing here is the old guard is still more efficient.
我是说,燃烧化石燃料对环境不好,但它仍然是最高效的能源获取方式。
I mean, burning dinosaur fossils, it's not good for the environment, but it is still the most efficient way to get things to go.
不过,是的,我讨厌把可再生能源称为不可阻挡的力量,因为我不知道可再生能源将如何或何时终结化石燃料,但我确实认为它们是整体解决方案中重要且将持续的一部分。
But, yeah, I think I I hate calling renewables an unstoppable force because I don't know how or when renewables are going to end fossil fuels, but I do think they are a big and important part of the overall solution that will continue.
所以绝对是股力量,但可能并非不可阻挡。
So definitely a force, maybe not unstoppable.
我猜这里特斯拉也很诱人,但我们已经提到过特斯拉了。
I for Tesla's tempting here too, I guess, but we already mentioned Tesla and Tesla.
他们,你知道,他们只做某些事情。
They, know, they they only do some things.
我想在这里分散投资,因为只押注一个风电项目甚至一个太阳能项目或试图赌在单一事物上让我害怕。
I wanna play the field here because it scares me just taking on one wind or even one solar project or trying to bet on one thing.
布鲁克菲尔德可再生能源公司(BEP)就是所有这些的集合体,可以顺势而为而无需挑选赢家。
Brookfield Renewable Partners, BEP, just a collection of all of this and kind of riding the trend without having to pick winners.
我认为这是一股不可忽视的力量,而且我认为这是一支值得投资的股票,可以从中受益。
I think that this is a force, and I think that is a stock to invest to sort of benefit as this happens.
某种程度上是一家披着新技术外衣的老牌企业。
Sort of an old guard company with newer technology underneath.
是的。
Yes.
杰森,你怎么看?
Jason, what do you think?
对。
Yeah.
我是说,我认为可再生能源是未来的发展方向。
I mean, I I I think renewables are the way of the future.
我的意思是,我们明显正朝着那个方向前进。
I mean, it just we're clearly headed in that direction.
再次强调,这完全回到原点——只是还需要一点时间才能完全实现。
Again, it kinda goes back to it's just gonna take a little while to fully get there.
我是说,外面的世界很大,但你知道,这很有趣。
I mean, it's it's a big world out there, but, you know, it's funny.
假期时我去了乔治亚州,开车去莫尔特里看望父母,沿途看到很多太阳能农场,那里有大量太阳能电池板在发电,周围还有很多农田。
I was down in Georgia for the holidays driving to my parents' house down in Moultrie, Georgia, and just along the way, saw plenty of like solar farms out there with a lot of solar cells out there generating electricity, a lot of farmland down there.
所以我们甚至看到农业也开始采用这种太阳能思维。
And so we're seeing even, you know, agriculture starting to adopt that solar mentality.
而且你知道,那里阳光充足。
And, you know, there's a ton of sunlight out there.
对吧?
Right?
所以我想从几个不同角度来谈这个。
And so I think I'm gonna take this a couple of different ways.
首先,我知道我们愚人圈里有很多人喜欢第一太阳能公司。
One, I know that we've got a lot of folks in our foolish universe who like First Solar.
我认为第一太阳能是个很有吸引力的概念。
First Solar, I think, is it's a, you know, a compelling idea.
我是说,这并非没有风险。
I mean, it does not come without risks.
我认为整个太阳能行业确实非常、非常艰难。
I think the solar space in general is just really, really difficult.
再次强调,我认为归根结底,这实在是不可错过的宝贵资源。
Again, I think ultimately, it's just too great of a resource to pass up on.
但另一方面,我又想到亚马逊和杰夫·贝佐斯几个月前谈到的构想。
But then the flip side of that too is, I go back to Amazon and what Jeff Bezos was talking about a few months ago.
关于太空数据中心的问题,特拉维斯,对吧?
With data centers in space, Travis, right?
太空数据中心的妙处在于拥有无限能源,因为你就在太阳旁边。
And the beauty of having the data center in space is just unlimited power because you're up there with the sun.
不过具体由谁来提供能源生产,我想还有待观察。
Now, who actually is providing the generation there, I guess, remains to be seen.
或许第一太阳能公司会参与其中。但更可能是另一家尚未起步的企业。
Maybe First Solar will be a part of Probably, it will be another company that has has yet to even start.
但我觉得这能让你以更长远的时间视角来思考问题。
But but I think it just makes you think of things through the appropriate time lens.
如果你能构想太空数据中心,那么你绝对也能理解可再生能源将成为未来的主流方式。
If you can conceptualize data centers and space, then I think you can sort of conceptualize the idea that that absolutely renewals are gonna be the way
这听起来像是在为Jason Moser的风投基金做宣传,投资那些可能还要十到十五年才能实现的太空项目。
This seems like a pitch for a Jason Moser VC fund to to, you know, space projects that probably won't happen for another ten or fifteen years.
我们节目结束后再联系。
We'll connect after the show.
你比我年轻些,如果我们合作,或许你能亲眼见证并最终收获成功。
You're a little younger than I am, so maybe if we partner up, you can be there to watch and succeed eventually.
我想听听你对当前医疗领域发展的看法。
I wanna get your thoughts on what's going on in health care right now.
这个领域似乎比过去二十年出现了更多的创新。
This seems like an area where there's much more innovation than has happened over the past twenty years.
我有年幼的孩子,所以能直观感受到医疗体系的痛点与机遇。
I've got young kids, so I'm kind of seeing this upfront, the points of frustration, the points of opportunity.
卢,在大型制药公司和大型保险公司中,我们是否遇到了医疗保健行业里那些固若金汤的既得利益集团?
Do we have an immovable object, Lou, in big pharma, big insurance, just sort of the establishment in health care?
还是说远程医疗和直接面向消费者的医疗模式这股颠覆性力量势不可挡?
Or is there an unstoppable force of disruption in telehealth, in direct to consumer medicine?
有个初创企业来自...我一时想不起他的名字,达拉斯那个...前小牛队老板。
You have a start up from, I'm blanking on his name, the Dallas the the old Mavericks owner.
不是。
No.
马克·库班。
Mark Cuban.
马克·库班。
Mark Cuban.
你
You
有像他创立的Hims & Hers这样的股票。
have you have stocks like him's and hers.
你对这些公司持什么看法?
Where is your head at with these companies?
因为这既可能是机遇也可能是威胁,取决于你的观点。
Because this looks like both an opportunity and a threat depending on what your view is.
所以我在这里支持不可撼动的现状派,但有个重要前提。
So I am siding with the immovable object here, but with a huge asterisk.
它已经崩溃了。
It's broken.
这个国家的医疗体系已经崩溃。
Health care is broken in this country.
我认为这些新兴力量需要对其进行补充和改革。
And I think some of these forces that are coming in need to augment it and change it.
但我认为既得利益集团势力太庞大。
But I think there's so much established.
我不认为这些顽固势力会消失。
I don't see the immovable objects going away.
所以这个回答有点奇怪,没错,它们确实已经支离破碎了。
So it's kind of a weird answer because, yes, they're broken.
是的,它们需要被颠覆。
Yes, they need to be disrupted.
但现有基础设施太过庞大,我认为马克·库班所做的、这些远程医疗的尝试——它们有所贡献,有所帮助,但本身并非解决方案。
But there is just too much infrastructure in place that I think that I mean, what Mark Cuban is doing, what these telemedicine they they contribute, they help, but they are not in and of themselves an answer.
我们需要更好的答案。
We need a better answer.
我们需要更强大的颠覆力量。
We need a better unstoppable force.
我认为目前还没看到这样的力量出现。
I don't think I've seen it yet.
顺着这个话题,我要选一支相当冷门的股票——但带着一丝希望,这次我选亚马逊。
Just kind of on that theme, I'm going to do a stock that's kind of way out there, but just kind of on hope that maybe I'm gonna take Amazon for this one.
因为亚马逊一直在尝试颠覆或介入医疗保健领域的不同环节。
Because Amazon keeps trying to disrupt or get involved in different parts of the health care environment.
他们有大量资金可以投入解决这个问题。
They have a ton of money to throw at the problem.
我不知道该如何解决这个问题。
I don't know how to solve this.
我希望我知道,但或许亚马逊的人比我更聪明,伙计们。
I wish I did, but maybe and people in Amazon are smarter than me, guys.
也许他们能想出解决办法。
And maybe they can they can figure out how to do it.
杰森?
Jason?
嗯。
Yeah.
我同意卢关于不可撼动对象(的比喻)。
I I I agree with Lou on the immovable object.
确实感觉尽管有很多伟大创新的公司正在试图重塑医疗格局并运用技术。
It does feel like the for as many great and innovative companies there are out there trying to help reshape the health landscape and and utilize technology.
我认为它们更像是一个功能特性。
I think they're more of a feature.
对吧?
Right?
它们只是附加在我们这个固若金汤的医疗体系上的插件。
They're an add on to this immovable object that is our health care system.
所以,你知道,当我想到这些公司时,我是说,我观察...
And so, you know, I think of companies, I mean, I look.
你们都知道我一直说Teladoc是项很棒的服务。
You you guys know I've always talked about Teladoc being a wonderful service.
我们家就使用过好多次。
We've used it so many times just in our household.
Travis,你提到你有孩子。
Travis, you mentioned having kids.
我是说,我们曾有过连续用他们处理红眼病的情况,连家门都不用出。
I mean, we had stretches where they were taking care of pink eye situations, and we never had to leave the house.
对吧?
Right?
那确实非常方便。
And that was just really convenient.
但最终我们看到这些公司在向医疗保健系统的下一阶段跨越时遇到了一些困难。
But ultimately, we've seen these companies sort of have some difficulty making that leap into the next sort of level of of the health care system.
我认为,我们看到Hims and Hers正在做的事情。
I think, you know, we're seeing what Hims and Hers is doing.
市场显然对该公司当天的表现充满热情。
The market clearly has a lot of enthusiasm for that company day.
重申一下,我认为它们是这个更庞大医疗体系的组成部分。
Again, I think they're features of this broader health care system.
所以,我想分享一下,几个月前我实际上在联合健康股价暴跌时买入了它的股票,因为在我看来这类公司基本上...我不想乌鸦嘴,但就是觉得它大到不能倒。
So, I mean, I'll I'll I'll share that several months back, I I actually bought shares from UnitedHealth just when the stock was tanking because I view that as one of those companies that essentially, and I don't wanna jinx it, it just feels too big to fail.
对吧?
Right?
我是说,它规模如此庞大且对我们的医疗体系如此不可或缺,以至于不可能消失。
I mean, it is so big and so integral to our health care system rather than it going away.
是啊。
Yeah.
它必须成为我们重塑体系的一部分。
It's gonna have to be a part of how we reshape it.
但对我来说,考虑到分红和被低估的股价,我觉得这是个机会,可以少量投资医疗领域的龙头企业之一。
But but to me, between the dividend and the depressed stock price, I thought, well, hey, there's an opportunity for for a little health care exposure with one of the top dogs in space.
明尼苏达州的经济要感谢你,杰森,毕竟总部在那里。
The Minnesota economy thanks you, Jason, the headquarters.
对我来说太远了。
Too far for me.
我想以这个话题结束,这是今天市场上特别热门的话题,尤其是在科技领域的许多领军企业中。
I wanna end on this one, and that is a topic that's been really popular in on the market today, especially with a lot of the leaders in tech.
那就是现实世界中的AI。
That's AI in the physical world.
这会成为一股不可阻挡的力量吗?
Is that going to be an unstoppable force?
你可以从任何角度来探讨这个问题。
And you can take this any direction that you want.
还是说存在无法撼动的现实——归根结底人才是最重要的?
Or is the immovable object that, you know what, people are still ultimately what's going to matter?
我们讨论的许多领域都被人形机器人颠覆着。
And there's just so many areas that we talk about being disrupted with humanoid robots.
这里蕴藏着太多潜在机遇。
There's there's there's so many potential opportunities.
我一直在思考,或许我的孩子们将来会重复我今天的工作。
And I keep coming back to, I don't know, maybe my kids are just doing the same stuff I'm doing today.
杰森,当你看到物理世界中的机器人技术和AI机遇时,你的思路会走向何方?
So, Jason, where does your head go when you look at robotics and AI in the physical world being an opportunity?
因为黄仁勋就经常谈论这个话题。
Because Jensen Huang talks about this.
埃隆·马斯克也经常谈论这个话题。
Elon Musk talks talks about this.
这些人都是全球最富有的人群之一。
These are some of the wealthiest people in the world.
他们正在决定科技领域的走向,但他们的判断一定正确吗?
They're making the decisions about what's going on in tech, but are they right?
关于AI,我认为当下我们许多人讨论的核心是——面对这些投入AI领域的巨额资金,
I think with AI, the conversation we're having with a lot a lot of us today, at least, is, you know, with these just absurd amounts of money that that are being invested in AI, right?
AI究竟意味着什么?
What does AI mean?
这是个非常宽泛的概念。
That's a very broad term.
因此我们需要理解AI能在生活中为我们实现哪些具体可感的实际应用,
And so understanding sort of physical, tangible examples of what AI can do for us in our life.
坦白说,企业最终如何实现盈利并不总是那么清晰。但谈到机器人技术时,我认为这才是具体应用开始显现价值的地方。
I mean, it's just not always so clear how companies are ultimately going be able to monetize But when you start talking about robotics, I think that's where, you know, that tangible example starts to make sense.
而且,是的,这可能更多会出现在工业领域,而不是像消费者商业领域那样。
And, yeah, that's probably oftentimes gonna be more in the industrial side of things as opposed to, like, the consumer commercial style of things.
至少在早期阶段是这样。
At least early on.
至少在早期阶段是这样。
At least early on.
对吧?
Right?
我是说,你可以看看亚马逊收购Kiva后在其仓库中引入机器人的典型案例。
So I mean, you look at sort of the obvious examples with Amazon and its Kiva acquisition incorporating the robotics into their warehouses.
我的意思是,这种情况只会越来越多,这些机器人正在处理业务并与人类协同工作。
I mean, that is only becoming more and more the case where these robots are taking care of business and working alongside humans.
对吧?
Right?
并不是说人类会被取代,但是,是的,也许你不再需要同样规模的劳动力了。
It's not like humans are going away, but but, yeah, maybe you don't need that same size workforce.
我是说,像UPS这样乏味的公司
I mean, it's boring companies like UPS.
再次将人工智能融入他们的物流模型和机器人技术,以帮助解决这类问题
Again, incorporating AI into their logistics model and robotics in order to be able to sort of help take care of of problems like that.
还有像AMD和英伟达这样的公司也在不断开发相关技术
And then companies like AMD and NVIDIA developing the technology along the way.
所以从这一角度来看,即使在今天,AI在物理世界的应用也很有意义
So so certainly, I see AI in the physical world making a lot of sense from that perspective even today.
是的。
Yeah.
人工智能会让世界变得更轻松。
AI is gonna make the world easier.
机器人技术会让世界变得更轻松。
Robotics is gonna make the world easier.
它不会取代人类。
It's not gonna replace people.
就像杰森说的那样,不管是不是只需要有人来照看机器人、修理机器人、维护机器人——我我我不知道未来会怎样,但我非常非常确信人类仍将扮演重要角色。
That like Jason said, that's whether or not it's just we need someone to babysit the robots, repair the robots, maintain the there I I I don't know what the future looks like, but I am very, very confident that there will still be a big role for people.
至于这里的股票,给我霍尼韦尔,至少等他们分拆成三部分后的霍尼韦尔。
As far as the stock here, give me Honeywell or at least Honeywell once they break into three parts.
自动化是大事。
Automation is a big thing.
我已经...
I've I've I've
这会像通用电气分拆的成功案例那样。你看,
This gonna be like a success story of the GE breakup where Look.
终于,你开始
Finally, you start
释放价值了。
unlocking value.
嗯,是啊。
Well, yeah.
我是说,我现在对持有霍尼韦尔毫无兴趣,但他们即将分拆的那三部分业务确实...嗯。
I mean, I will say I have no desire to own Honeywell right now, but all three of those parts that they are they yeah.
我认为这完全有可能。
I I think it definitely could be.
市面上有很多这样的公司。
There's a lot of companies.
比如GXO物流就是我很看好的一家纯自动化企业。
So GXO Logistics is one I love to go to with just automation.
它并不是要取代人力,而是让员工工作更轻松,或许会改变某些岗位职能。
And it's not it's making human workers their lives easier and and maybe making you know, changing the job function.
在我可预见的未来里,世界不会完全由机器人主宰,但我相信人机协作会全面提升生活质量
I don't see any time in in my foreseeable future where it's just nothing but robots, but I I do think that blend will hopefully improve quality of life all across
是啊。
the Yeah.
我们需要共同协作——人类要监管机器人,或者最终在它们不可避免地反抗时将其关闭。
We'll we'll need to work together, people to to babysit the robots or or ultimately, you know, people to disable the robots when they inevitably turn against us.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Yes.
杰森,杰森,这就是为什么我是首席主管。
Jason Jason, that's why I'm my prime director.
这些机器人割草机,我们可不想给机器人武装起来。
The the these robot lawnmowers, we do not want to arm the robots.
对吧?
Right?
是啊。
Yeah.
那么,嘿,
So, hey,
工厂正在对抗
the factories are fighting The
他们赢了。
ones they got won.
请不要装刀片。
Not blades, please.
好的。
Okay.
当
When
我们回来后,会讨论财报情况并关注我们雷达上的股票。
we come back, we're gonna touch on earnings and get the stocks on our radar.
您正在收听的是Motley Full Money节目。
You're listening to Motley Full Money.
一如既往,节目中的人可能对他们讨论的股票持有利益关系,The Motley Fool也可能有正式推荐或反对意见,因此请不要仅凭听到的内容买卖股票。
As always, people on the program may have interest in the stocks they talk about, and The Motley Fool may have formal recommendations for or against, so don't buy or sell stocks based solely on what you hear.
所有个人理财内容均遵循The Motley Fool的编辑标准,且未经广告商批准。
All personal finance content that follows The Motley Fool's editorial standards and is not approved by advertisers.
广告仅为提供信息而赞助的内容。
Advertisements are sponsored content provided for informational purposes only.
查看完整的广告披露声明,请查阅我们的节目说明。
To see our full advertising disclosure, please check out our show notes.
本周确实有一些财报发布。
We did have some earnings this week.
Jason,我们从Salesforce财报中了解到什么?
Jason, what did we learn from Salesforce?
这是那些涉及人工智能的公司之一,但这真的是他们的核心故事吗?
This is one of those AI plays, but is that really the story for them?
是的。
Yeah.
嗯,我们正在讨论人工智能的具体案例及其潜在应用。
Well, we're talking about tangible examples of AI and what it could be doing.
至少对Salesforce而言,这些投资似乎正在为企业带来成效。
It seems like at least for Salesforce, right, these investments are working for the business.
我是说,股价今年确实表现不佳,但他们仍在建立关联,我认为大规模AI投资确实在推动增长。
I mean, shares have been having a tough year for sure, but they continue to connect the dots, I think, to where big AI investments are actually driving growth.
如果他们能持续这样做,最终股价自然会回升。
And if they can keep doing that, ultimately, the stock price takes care of itself.
但对我来说,Salesforce的业务模式更清晰地展示了AI工具如何帮助客户进行客户关系管理。
But I mean, to me, Salesforce's business is one where it is a bit more obvious about how AI tools can help their customers in customer relationship management.
他们在电话会议上提到,这是公司历史上最出色的第三季度,也是预订量增长最快的一次。
And they, you know, they talked about on the call, they said it was one of the it was the best third quarter ever in the history of the company, and it was the fastest growth that they did in bookings.
但他们也特别指出——我觉得这点很有趣,因为这让我联想到本周早些时候CrowdStrike的财报——
But then they also noted, and I thought this was interesting because it reminded me of CrowdStrike's earnings earlier this week.
在净新增平均订单价值方面,他们实现了最快的增长。
In net new, right, average order value, they had the fastest growth in net new average order value.
这向我们传递了重要信号,对吧?
And that to me tells us a lot, right?
我的意思是,获得这些新业务的前提是——他们持续通过AI工具创新,帮助客户提升客户关系管理业务。
I mean, bringing in that new business and assuming, you know, the reason why they're bringing in that new business is because they continue to advance with these with these AI tools and helping their customers in that customer relationship management business.
这确实很有意思。
And it was just it was interesting.
本尼,我在与Agent Force的通话中提到一个例子,本季度年度经常性收入约为5.4亿美元。
There was one example, Benny, I've called out in the call with Agent Force, the annual recurring revenue around $540,000,000 for the quarter.
这比去年同期增长了330%。
That was up 330% from a year ago.
他还提到了Williams Sonoma公司的人工智能助手Olive的例子。
And he pointed to the Williams Sonoma example of their AI sous chef named Olive.
所以如果你对Salesforce是什么有疑问,可以去williamssonoma.com看看他们的人工智能助手Olive。
So if you have any questions as to, like, what is Salesforce, go to williamssonoma.com and just check out their AI sous chef, Olive.
这是他们的聊天机器人。
It's their chatbot.
如果你像我一样是个厨房和烹饪爱好者,玩这个会很有趣。
It's just kind of fun to play with if if you're a kitchen and cooking nerd like me.
我确实需要去了解一下。
I I definitely need to check check that one out.
这些AI领域的表现非常有趣,因为它们的收入同比增长了9%。
These AI plays are so interesting because their revenue grew 9% year over year.
这正是我一直好奇的——AI最终是否会为这些公司带来大量收入增长。
And that's what I always wonder about is is AI gonna ultimately drive a lot of revenue growth for these companies.
我们总是以雷达上的股票作为结束。
We always end with stocks on our radar.
我们邀请丹·博伊德来发表评论或提问。
We bring in Dan Boyd for comments or questions.
卢,你这周关注哪些股票?
Lou, what is on your radar this week?
丹,我正在关注达美航空,股票代码DAL。
So, Dan, I'm looking at Delta Airlines, ticker d a l.
达美航空本周发布了关于政府停摆成本的预估,当然这包括他们航班运营的缩减。
So Delta this week came out with an estimate on the cost of the government shutdown, which included, of course, a curtailment of their flying.
所以肯定会受到冲击。
So there was gonna be a hit.
这个数字是2亿美元,大约是分析师预期的一半。
It was $200,000,000, about half of what analysts expected.
部分原因在于他们持续强劲的定价能力。
And part of the reason why was the continued strong pricing power they're seeing.
丹,这家公司在优胜劣汰的市场中堪称行业翘楚,一直保持领先。
Dan, this is a best in class operator in a market of haves and have nots that just keeps winning.
尽管在美国仅占有约20%的座位份额,他们却拿下了30%利润丰厚的商务市场。
They have 30% of the lucrative business market despite having only about 20% of the seats in The US.
关键点来了。
And here's the punch line.
作为市场绝对领导者且表现优于同业的达美航空,其市盈率仅为美航和西南航空等表现较差的竞争对手的一半。
Delta, which is a clear market leader and has been doing better than the industry, trades at about half of the earnings multiple as rivals like American and Southwest who, quite frankly, aren't doing as well.
对投资者来说这真是个奇怪的时代。
That's a really weird time to be an investor.
虽然具有周期性,但达美航空目前正经历许多非常有趣的变化。
These are cyclical, but lot of really interesting things going on at Delta right now.
丹,你是达美航空的常客吗?
Dan, are you a Delta guy?
我不是达美航空的常客。
I am not a Delta guy.
但是,卢,你要去哪儿,老兄?
But, Lou, where are you going, pal?
你要乘坐达美航空。
You're flying Delta.
目的地是哪里?
Where's the destination?
我能去新西兰吗?
Can I go to New Zealand?
我能去拜访彼得·贝克吗?
Can I go visit Peter Beck?
哦,听起来很有趣。
Oh, that sounds fun.
Jason,你这周有什么计划?
Jason, what is on your radar this week?
我们假期刚乘坐达美航空回来。
We were just on Delta over the holidays.
他们服务非常非常周到。
They just treated us very, very nicely.
是啊。
So, yeah.
看,我要选DocuSign,股票代码DOCU。
Look, I'm gonna go with DocuSign, ticker as DOCU.
他们这周也公布了财报。
They reported earnings this week as well.
虽然今年股价表现不尽如人意,但公司业务实际上依然保持着相当不错的运营水平。
It's been a less than stellar year for the stock, but the business actually continues to perform quite respectably.
对吧?
Right?
他们又玩了一次'超预期并上调'的老把戏。
They pulled the old beat and raise.
他们超过了内部基准指标。
They beat their internal benchmarks.
他们上调了全年业绩指引。
They raised guidance for the year.
他们实现了可观的收入增长。
They saw respectable revenue growth there.
虽然不算惊艳,但就像你提到Salesforce时说的那样,本季度增长了8%。
Not not lighting the world on fire, but kinda to your point in Salesforce, it was 8% growth for the for the quarter.
账单金额增长了10%。
Billings grew 10%.
他们持续产生现金流。
They continue to generate cash flow.
他们继续回购部分股票,美元净留存率达到102%。
They continue to repurchase some shares and the dollar net retention rate was 102%.
这个数字从一年前的100%有所上升,重要的是,那些每年为公司贡献超过300美元的大客户数量。
That was up from 100% from a year ago and importantly, that number of large customers that that spend over $300.00 annually with the company.
这个数字达到了1,165家。
That clocked in at 1,165.
较一年前增长了8%。
That was up 8% from a year ago.
所以,我认为这确实是一家优质企业。
So, again, I think this is a business.
他们持续兑现着自己的承诺,我认为这种表现值得肯定。
They continue to do what they what they say they're gonna do, and and, and I think that's incurring.
只是增长速度可能不如几年前投资者们所习惯的那样快。
It it just might not be growing as fast as as, investors were used to several years ago.
Dan,你对电子签约业务有什么看法?
Dan, what are your thoughts on signing online?
DocuSign目前仅有170万客户,Jason。
Only 1,700,000 clients, for DocuSign, Jason.
看起来有点少。
Seems low.
丹,你得记住,企业客户数量庞大,所以这不仅仅代表个人用户。
Well, you gotta remember, Dan, it's a lot of enterprise clients out there, so this is not representative of just individuals.
好的,丹。
Okay, Dan.
达美航空还是DocuSign,根据你的逻辑该选哪只股票?
Delta or DocuSign, which stock is going on your logic?
我今天像飞机一样冲上云霄,特拉维斯。
I'm flying like an airplane today, Travis.
选达美航空。
Let's go Delta.
沃伦·巴菲特避开航空股或者说想避开航空股,但卢又把我们拉回来了。
Warren Buffett avoids the the airlines or says he wants to avoid the airlines, but Lou is dragging us back in.
今天就到这里吧。
That's gonna do it for us.
我们明天见。
We will see you tomorrow.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。