本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
正是如此
This is exactly
毫无逻辑的自杀、离奇的事故和残忍的谋杀。
suicides that don't make sense, strange accidents, and brutal murders.
这情节简直像是直接从《绝命毒师》里搬出来的。
In what seems to be a plot ripped straight out of Breaking Bad.
毒品、酒精、人口贩卖。
Drugs, alcohol, trafficking of people.
肯定有人知道事情的真相。
There are people out there that absolutely know what happened.
请在iHeartRadio应用、苹果播客或任何你获取播客的平台收听《纸鬼:德州青少年谋杀案》。
Listen to Paper Ghosts, the Texas Teen Murders on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
本周《亲爱的切尔西》节目由我切尔西·汉德勒主持。
This week on Dear Chelsea with me, Chelsea Handler.
尼古拉斯·斯帕克斯做客本期节目。
Nicholas Sparks is here.
我猜你肯定收到过很多反馈,说你设定的浪漫标准让很多男性都难以企及。
I would imagine that you've gotten a lot of feedback about setting a standard of romance that a lot of men can't measure up to.
我听说过这类故事。
I have heard stories.
但同时,我在签售会上排队时收到过七次求婚。
At the same time, I've had seven marriage proposals in lines to sign my book.
真的吗?
Really?
那个叫Doodle的家伙直接跪在沃尔玛超市里——阿拉巴马州伯明翰市的沃尔玛啊!我当时就想:老兄,你清醒点。
To the table, Doodle dropped his knees, and I'm like, dude, you're in a Walmart in Birmingham, Alabama.
你懂我意思吧?
You know?
欢迎收听《亲爱的切尔西》节目,
Listen to dear Chelsea on
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或任何你收听播客的平台均可订阅。
the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
每当我从窗户爬进去想抱起他时,他的身体已经僵硬了。
Whenever I got through the window, I tried to pick him up, and his body was stiff.
我是本·韦斯特霍夫,这里是《和平缔造者》——一档真实犯罪播客,讲述密苏里大学一连串神秘自杀事件,以及与之相关的兄弟会成员布兰登·格罗斯海姆。
I'm Ben Westoff, and this is The Peacemaker, a true crime podcast about a string of mysterious suicides at a Missouri university and the fraternity brother tied to them all, Brandon Grossheim.
诉讼称格罗斯海姆是每位死者生前最后见到的人之一。
The lawsuit says Grossheim was one of the last people to see each victim before their death.
他是极度不幸,还是背后隐藏着更黑暗的阴谋?
Was he profoundly unlucky, or was something much darker at play?
请在iHeartRadio应用、苹果播客或任何你获取播客的平台收听《和平缔造者》。
Listen to the Peacemaker podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
法庭不仅仅关乎正义。
The courtroom isn't just about justice.
它关乎权力、金钱和一些真正离奇的法律漏洞。
It's about power and money and some truly bizarre loopholes.
我是迈克尔·富特。
I'm Michael Foot.
我是梅丽莎·马尔布兰奇,我们有一档全新的法律播客节目《庭审间歇》。
And I'm Melissa Malbranch, and we've got a brand new show called Brief Recess, a legal podcast.
每周我们都会讨论法庭上的奇闻轶事、审判失误案例,以及影响世界的判决。
Every week, we talk about wild tales from court, trials gone wrong, and cases and rulings that shape our world.
今天我们要探讨失窃文物、梅丽莎在州拍卖会上发现的怪事、我与保安的疯狂对话,还有JK·罗琳。
Today, we're gonna be talking about stolen antiquities, all the weird things Melissa found out in a state sale, the crazy conversations I had with a bouncer, and JK Rowling.
呃。
Ugh.
我们把复杂的问题讲明白,让严肃的话题变得出奇有趣。
We make the complicated clear, and the serious surprisingly fun.
《正确无误》网络每周四更新《庭审间歇》新剧集。
From the Exactly Right Network, new episodes of Brief Recess drop every Thursday.
在YouTube上观看《庭审间歇》。
Watch Brief Recess on YouTube.
在iHeartRadio应用、苹果播客或任何你获取播客的地方收听《庭审间歇》。
Listen to Brief Recess on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你好。
Hello.
欢迎收听。
And welcome.
我最爱的谋杀案。
To my favorite murder.
我是乔治娅·哈德斯塔。
That's Georgia Hardstar.
我是凯伦·基尔加里夫。
That's Karen Kilgariff.
我们即将为你带来播客节目。
And we're about to podcast for you.
看好了。
Watch this.
这就像我们每周都得在欢迎词后想点新花样,而且我们已经这样坚持了十年。
This is like we have to think of something to say after welcome every week, and we're doing it every week for ten years.
都快他妈十年了。
Almost ten fucking years.
十年。
Ten years.
十年。
Ten years.
十。
Ten.
所以事情是这样的
So here's what
我这周为乔治娅想出来的。
I came up with for Georgia for this week.
好的。
Okay.
我开始说这句话了。
I started this sentence.
我当时是怎么说的?
How did I say it?
我们要对你进行播客轰炸了。
And we're gonna podcast at you.
哦,哟。
Oh, yo.
哦,就在刚才。
Oh, just now.
就在我们开始前,你说过'我要去'。
Right before we started, you said, I'm going to.
对吧?
Right?
我要去拿。
I'm gonna get.
没错。
That's right.
你说,我要去拿。
You said, I'm gonna get.
然后你说,我要把它留到播客里再说。
And then you said, I'm gonna save it for the podcast.
没错。
And Yes.
在我最疯狂的梦里,我都无法想象。
In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine.
我无法想象
I can't imagine
前三名。
Top three.
我要再去纹一个纹身。
I'm going to get another tattoo.
是这样吗?
Is that what it was?
又一个鱼形纹身。
Another fish tattoo.
又一个第二条鱼。
Another A second fish.
第二条鲑鱼纹身。
A second salmon tattoo.
但这个尺寸是第一个的五倍大。
But this one is five times the size of the first one.
我要准备离开这里了。
I'm going to get ready to walk out of here.
好的。
Yeah.
愤怒地冲出去。
Storm out.
最愤怒的是冲出去前七分钟警告人们你要愤怒地站起来离开。
The best storm out is when you warn people seven minutes in advance that you're gonna angrily stand up and walk out.
你要等到被录下来的时候。
And you're waiting until you're on you're being recorded.
是的。
Yes.
没错。
Exactly.
见证人越多越好。
As many witnesses as possible.
最后一个会是什么呢?
What could the last one be?
我要养更多的狗。
I'm going to get more dogs.
噢,我会的。
Oh, I am.
是吗?
Are you?
但是,我的意思是,事实并非如此。
But, I mean, that's not what it was.
好的。
Okay.
而且这会非常令人失望。
And it's gonna be so disappointing.
是什么?
What is it?
玩这种游戏时,你总会不由自主地预设自己需要准备一堆纸巾,因为我的鼻子突然莫名其妙地开始流鼻涕
When you play games like this, you can't help but set yourself up to be like, I'm going to have to get a bunch of Kleenex because my nose has started randomly all of a sudden running
什么?
What?
在我没有任何过敏症状的时候
When I have no allergies.
这可不是我的生活方式
That's not the way I live my life.
不。
No.
突然间,就是更年期了。
All of a sudden, just it's menopause.
你
Do you
知道吗?
know?
就是鼻子突然流出一道液体。
It's this single stream of just something coming out of your nose.
你会想,这到底是怎么回事?
You're like, what the hell?
然后
And then
就是这样吗?
Is that what it is?
擦擦擦。
Dab dab dab.
是啊。
Yeah.
那是
Is that
也是症状之一吗?
a thing too?
没错。
Yes.
因为我们现在把所有问题都归咎于更年期了。
Because we just blame everything on menopause now.
那会
That would be
其实我已经有点这样了。
really I kind of do already.
但鼻子要开始流鼻涕了?
But nose is gonna start running?
就是你在节目里常说的那种情况,你会说‘我得随身带纸巾,因为鼻子会突然流鼻涕’,然后我就说‘好吧’。
It's the thing you used to talk about during the show where you're like, I have to have clinics because all of a sudden my nose will just run, and I'm like, okay.
好吧。
Okay.
然后这个周末的某个时候,我就坐在户外,真的,喝着健怡可乐,突然就‘天啊’。
And then, like, some point this weekend, I was just sitting outside literally, like, sipping a Diet Coke, and it was, like, gone Oh my god.
流到嘴唇上了。
Onto my lip.
我完全没准备好。
I was not ready.
好吧,欢迎来到该死的纸巾世界。
Well, welcome to the fucking tissue world.
纸巾俱乐部。
Tissue club.
真糟糕。
Sucks.
太烦人了。
It's annoying.
不过我的过敏症状好多了。
Although my allergies are much better.
我一直在用这种滴剂。
I've been taking these drops.
你可以定制过敏滴剂。
You can get, like, allergy drops made.
他们会给你做测试,然后配出适合你的滴剂——这话题倒是很适合做成真实犯罪播客的素材。
They test you, and then they, like, get you to drop the fascinating stuff for a true crime podcast.
哦,难道听众会想在这个播客里听关于复合药房的事吗?
Oh, what the people they want to hear about compounding pharmacies on this podcast.
他们肯定想听的。
They wanna tune into it.
我总是在节目开头我们聊这些蠢事时,想到那个放给姐姐或妈妈听的女孩,因为,嗯,等着瞧吧。
I always think in the beginning of these when we're talking stupid shit like this of the girl who's playing it for her sister or her mom because, well, just wait.
他们会发现节目会变好的。
They get it gets better.
并不总是这样的。
It's not always like this.
让我快进一下。
Let me fast forward.
让我快进一下。
Let me let me fast forward.
你是说人们对我那个'我即将要...'的故事不感兴趣吗?
Are you telling me that people aren't gripped by my story of I'm about to get dot dot dot?
我猜这对任何人都毫无意义?
And my guess is that mean nothing to nobody?
这一切对任何人都毫无意义。
None of this means anything to anybody.
对任何人来说都有意义,这正是我们存在的目的。
Means anything to anyone, and that's what we're here for.
这就是十年播客生涯教会我们的道理。
And that's the lesson of ten years of podcasting.
嘿。
Hey.
嘿。
Hey.
等这期节目发布时我应该在爱尔兰,
I'm gonna be in Ireland when this gets posted,
等这期节目发布时
when this gets
哪个地方?
What part?
都柏林。
Dublin.
太棒了。
Hell yeah.
然后我们要去爱丁堡,我有点紧张,因为边缘艺术节正在进行,看起来街头艺人会一直围着你转。
And then we're going to Edinburgh, which I'm a little nervous about because the Fringe Fest is going on, and it looks like every street performer is just up in your face the whole time.
是的。
Yes.
但这是在爱尔兰。
But it's Ireland.
所以他们更低调些。
So They're more low key.
那些爱凑热闹的是苏格兰人。
The up Irish up in your face They're Scottish.
哦,没错。
Oh, that's right.
哦,抱歉。
Oh, sorry.
我在想我去高威的时候。
I was thinking about when I went to the Galway.
你说的是法国艺术节。
You're talking French Fest.
我想到的是高威艺术节。
I was thinking of the Galway Arts Festival.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
不。
No.
听起来你的假期就是我的假期。
That sounds Your vacation is my vacation.
这个世界
This world
我要去
I'm going to the
同样的,我的世界。
same My world.
地方。
Places.
爱丁堡是世界上最伟大的城市之一。
Edinburgh is one of the greatest cities there is.
是啊。
Yeah.
我真的很兴奋。
I'm really excited.
你以前去过吗?
Have you been before?
25岁那年我身无分文,跟着一群在欧洲各地参加音乐节巡演的朋友们蹭吃蹭喝。
I went as a broke 25 year old with my friends who were doing a festival tour all over Europe, and so I just, like, bummed along with them.
是的。
Yes.
所以我当时身无分文。
So I didn't have any money for anything.
我们大概只在那里待了24小时。
We were there for, like, twenty four hours.
现在我焕然一新地重返故地。
So now I'm going back all fresh.
我们要在文斯五十岁生日那天去看绿洲乐队的演出。
We're gonna see Oasis on Vince's fiftieth birthday.
太激动了。
So excited.
就是这次了。
This is this is it.
你准备扔装满尿的啤酒杯吗?
Are you gonna throw your beer cup full of pee?
还记得那个名场面吗?
Remember that moment?
不。
No.
他们总是...天啊。
They always oh my god.
恐惧?
Fear?
就是这个问题。
That's the thing.
谢天谢地我最爱的谋杀案里没发生过这种事。
Thank god that doesn't happen in my favorite murder Oh.
现场演出。
Live shows.
呃,你不会...我是说,也不是没可能啦。
Well, you don't I mean, not anything's possible.
好吧,这真是个棒极了的五十岁生日。
Well, that's a great fiftieth birthday.
是啊。
Yeah.
那会非常有趣。
That'll be very fun.
没错。
Yeah.
不过在爱丁堡还能体验各种神秘巫术活动。
But then there's all the witchy things that you can do in Edinburgh.
对。
Yeah.
和那些神秘巫术有关的东西?
With things and witchy things?
好吧。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
我在带队游览,这里有着最古老的文化。
I'm doing tours and I mean, there's just the oldest of cultures.
我觉得有必要说明一下,我们不在家时会有人住在我房子里,以防有人闯入。
I feel like I have to say that someone's gonna be living at my house while we're gone so no one breaks in.
好的。
Okay.
是马蒂在值班吗?
Is that what Marty's on duty?
对。
Yeah.
做了十年播客就会变成这样,你会变得疑神疑鬼,不得不这么做。
That's what ten years of this podcast will do to you is you get so paranoid that you have to, you know, do that.
大家应该知道我有宠物,所以显然会有人住在那儿。
People should know that I have pets, so clearly someone's gonna be staying there.
懂我意思吧?
You know?
这还用说。
Like, it goes without saying.
会去照看房子的是咪咪。
Going to be watching the house Over Mimi.
而且会气呼呼地照看
And angrily watching
房子。
the house.
她确实会这样。
She is.
她会把人眼睛都抓瞎的。
She'll scratch her fucking eyes out.
小心咪咪。
Be careful of Mimi.
好吧。
Alright.
还有什么其他有趣的事情吗?
Anything else exciting going on?
我是说,那确实是一趟很棒的旅行
I mean, that's a great exciting trip
值得一去。
to take.
没有。
No.
我们只是在为现场演出做准备。
I mean, we're just planning for our live shows.
感觉时间过得飞快。
Feels like it's coming up so fast.
确实过得很快。
It is coming up fast.
请访问myfavoritemurder.com/live购票。
Go to myfavoritemurder.com/live to get tickets, please.
没错。
That's right.
我们想感谢大家的热情支持。
And we do wanna thank everybody for all of your excitement.
我们宣布了演出消息,你们就来了,买了票,我们本来还担心可能没人来,结果你们真的来了。
We announced, and you showed up, and you've bought tickets, and we were scared that maybe you wouldn't, and you really did.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以非常感谢你们。
So thank you so much.
还剩下一些票,
There are a couple tickets left,
不过。
though.
帕萨迪纳、圣地亚哥、盐湖城这几个城市应该还有少量余票。
Pasadena, San Diego, Salt Lake City, I think those cities still have a couple.
请访问myfavoritemurder.com/live获取本期播客播出时已开放的内容。
So go to myfavoritemurder.com/live and get what is now available at the airing of this podcast.
我正在挑选好多裙子。
I'm picking out so many dresses.
你们会看到我挑的裙子,我看着它们就想:凯伦的爸爸肯定会说'她到底穿的什么鬼东西?'
You guys are gonna I'm picking out dresses that I looked at, and I'm like, Karen's dad would say, what the hell is she wearing?
不知道为什么,这好像就是我的目标。
I don't know why, like, that's my goal.
就为了让你爸说'她到底穿的什么鬼东西?'
Just for your dad to, what in the hell is she wearing?
天啊。
Jesus.
这是上世纪六十年代的款式。
That's from the nineteen sixties.
她怎么会穿这个?
Why would she wear that?
你穿着凯瑟琳那样的裙子。
You're in Kathleen at her dress like that.
是的。
Yes.
这主意真棒。
That's a great idea.
没错。
Yeah.
我总是反其道而行之,就像在说‘别对我指手画脚’。
I'm always dressing for the opposite where it's like, don't wanna hear it.
别对我的衣服评头论足。
Don't comment on my clothes.
不想听。
Don't wanna hear.
这个。
It.
但我得说,这个周末我去购物了。
But I have to say, I was doing some shopping this weekend.
能有这样的借口真是太棒了,比如我必须去商场。
It's so great to have an excuse like that where it's like, I have to to the mall.
是啊。
Yeah.
我确实试了一件很喜欢的衣服,但它没有口袋。
And I did try something on that I loved, and it didn't have pockets.
我当时就想,这完全不符合当代女性的需求。
And I was like, this just doesn't even make sense anymore for women of today.
没错。
Yeah.
你们最好在裙子里加口袋。
You better put pockets in your dresses.
我买了
I bought
最近买了一条睡裤短裤,居然没有口袋。
a pair of pajama shorts recently, and they didn't have pockets.
得了吧。
Come on.
那我该把那个小小的苹果遥控器放哪儿?
Like, where I where am I gonna put that little Apple remote?
我又不会整天躺在床上。
I'm not gonna be in bed the whole time.
我会到处走动的。
I'm gonna be walking around.
带着苹果遥控器在口袋里到处走。
Walking around with the Apple remote in your pocket.
没错。
That's right.
然后我就想,我放哪儿了
And go, where did I
放哪儿了?
put that?
是的。
Yes.
糟糕。
Shit.
永远找不回来了。
It's gone forever.
我把耳机放哪儿了?
Where did I put my headphones?
对。
Yes.
没错。
Yeah.
所以我们也在准备。
So we're preparing too.
你准备好了吗
Are you prepared for
这次巡演?
this tour?
准备好了。
Prepared.
请过来,别乱扔你的小便。
Please come and don't throw your pee.
请别对我们学绿洲乐队的观众那样。
Please don't pull an Oasis audience on us.
哦,那可是传奇一幕。
Oh, that was legendary.
我们会重点回顾的。
We'll we'll go into highlights.
我们开始吧。
Let's do it.
你想过上美味生活吗?
Would you like to live deliciously?
现在你可以通过无广告的《我最爱的谋杀》剧集实现。
Well, now you can with ad free episodes of my favorite murder.
加入我们的粉丝社群,你将获得这些及更多福利。
You get that and so much more when you join our fan cult.
你还能获取独家音视频内容。
You can also get exclusive audio video content.
享受周边商品折扣。
You get merch discounts.
获得私密Discord频道访问权,与其他粉丝成员畅聊。
You get access to the private Discord page where all the other fan cult members are chatting it up.
快来加入吧。
Get in there.
没错。
Yeah.
他们在讨论演出前碰面的事,现场演出前,所以如果你是一个人去的,想和其他谋杀迷们先喝一杯,就赶快加入吧。
They're talking about meeting up before the shows, live shows, so get in there if you're going alone and you wanna, like, have a drink with some murderinos beforehand.
没错。
Yeah.
砰。
Boom.
快加入Discord。
Get in the Discord.
如果你想加入粉丝团但还未加入,请前往fancult.supercast.com立即注册。
So if you wanna be in the fan cult and you haven't joined yet, head to fancult.supercast.com and join it now.
谢谢
Thank you
你的
for doing
支持。
that.
哎呀。
Yeesh.
她说,约翰尼,孩子们昨晚没回家。
And she said, Johnny, the kids didn't come home last night.
小镇的安全程度,取决于紧闭门扉后隐藏的秘密。
A small town is only as safe as the secrets hidden behind closed doors.
谋杀案发生时,韦瑟福德以前从未发生过这种事。
When the murders happened, nothing like that had ever happened in Weatherford before.
1980年代,在德克萨斯中部平原,青少年接连死亡。
During the 1980s, along the Central Texas Plains, teens are dying.
这些年来一直在《绝命毒师》。
All these years Breaking Bad.
毒品、酒精、人口贩卖。
Drugs, alcohol, trafficking of people.
有两位勇敢的女性带头为正义而战。
With two courageous women leading the charge to see justice served.
绝对有人知道发生了什么。
There are people out there that absolutely know what happened.
我叫M。
My name is M.
威廉·菲尔普斯。
William Phelps.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或任何你获取播客的地方收听《纸鬼:德州青少年谋杀案》。
Listen to Paper Ghosts, the Texas Teen Murders on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
我们寻求法律体系是为了正义。
We come to this legal system for justice.
但我们并不总能如愿。
But we don't always get it.
我是梅丽莎·马尔布兰奇。
I'm Melissa Malbranch.
我是迈克尔·富特。
And I'm Michael Foote.
你可能在TikTok上认识我,就是那个人人喜爱的律师。
You might know me as everyone's favorite lawyer from TikTok.
我受够了那种把生活和工作完全分开的说法。
I'm sick of this whole, like, my life is separate from my job.
根本不是这样。
It ain't.
无论是在法庭上还是在家里,我都是个强势的斗士。
I'm a Fierce Deva in the courtroom as well as at home.
每周在我们的播客《Brief Recess》中,我们都会把法律世界从法庭带到现实生活中。
Every week on our podcast, Brief Recess, we take the legal world out of the courtroom and into real life.
比如,老板真的能因为你发在网上的内容解雇你吗?
Like, can your boss actually fire you for what you post online?
如果移民局敲你的门会发生什么?
What happens if ice knocks on your door?
如果你遇到这种情况该怎么办
What should you do if you
在抗议活动中被捕?
get arrested at a protest?
我们解析疯狂的头条新闻,回答听众的真实问题,并分享法庭上真实发生的离奇故事。
We break down insane headlines, answer real questions from listeners, and share wild stories about what really happens in court.
朋友们请记住,虽然迈克尔是律师,但他不是你的律师。
Friends, please remember, while Michael is a lawyer, he is not your lawyer.
除非你想雇佣
Unless you wanna hire
我是说,那是另一回事
I mean, that's a different
我这个人明码标价,而且其实很便宜。
I am everyone has a price, and I'm actually pretty cheap.
来自Exactly Right网络,《Brief Recess》新集每周四更新。
From the Exactly Right Network, new episodes of Brief Recess drop every Thursday.
在YouTube上观看《Brief Recess》。
Watch Brief Recess on YouTube.
收听
Listen to
《Brief Recess》可在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或任何你获取播客的平台收听。
Brief Recess on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你好,
Hello,
我的小幽灵调查员们。
my little spirits inspectors.
我是Roz Hernandez,要告诉你们在《Ghosted by Roz Hernandez》节目中,永远都是灵异季节。
I'm Roz Hernandez, here to tell you it's always spooky season on Ghosted by Roz Hernandez.
每周我都会邀请喜剧演员和名人分享他们最搞笑、最诡异、最难忘的超自然经历,比如变装皇后Bob告诉我关于一个睡前访客的故事。
Each week, I invite comedians and celebrities to share their funniest, freakiest, and most unforgettable encounters with the paranormal, like when Bob the drag queen told me about a bedtime visitor.
你有点像《咒怨》里的那个女孩。
You kinda look like the girl from The Grudge.
睡眠瘫痪症太可怕了。
Sleep paralysis is terrifying.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我的嘉宾Sashir Zamaida会让你起鸡皮疙瘩,说不定还能帮你搞定房产交易。
My guest, Sashir Zamaida, will give you goosebumps and may just help you with real estate.
我拿着巫毒娃娃心想:听着,本不想打扰你,但我真的很想要这栋房子。
I got the voodoo doll and I was like, look, I didn't wanna bother you, but I really want this house.
然后我真的得到了那栋房子。
And I did get the house.
所以点起蜡烛,拿出通灵板,每周一和我一起在《Roz Hernandez的灵异事件》中被鬼缠身吧,本节目属于Exactly Right播客网络。
So light a candle, grab your Ouija board, and get haunted with me every Monday on Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, part of the Exactly Right Network.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或任何你收听播客的平台订阅《Roz Hernandez的灵异事件》。
Listen to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
本周《亲爱的切尔西》节目中,我是主持人Chelsea Handler,
This week on Dear Chelsea with me, Chelsea Handler,
Nicholas Sparks做客现场。
Nicholas Sparks is here.
我猜你肯定收到过很多反馈,说你树立的爱情浪漫标准让大多数男性难以企及。
I would imagine that you've gotten a lot of feedback about setting a standard of love and romance that a lot of men probably can't measure up to.
我在签书会上听过这样的故事。
I have heard such stories at my book signings.
对吧?
Right?
我的诺亚在哪里?
Where's my Noah?
我的《分手信》里的约翰在哪里?
Where's my John from Dear John?
同时在我的职业生涯中,我在签书队伍里收到过七次求婚,你知道吗?
And at the same time, in the course of my career, I've had seven marriage proposals in lines to sign my book, you know?
真的吗?
Really?
我走到签书台前,那个家伙突然跪下了,我都替他感到尴尬。
I get up to the table, the doodle dropped to his knees and I feel so bad for him.
我就想,老兄,你现在可是在阿拉巴马州伯明翰市的沃尔玛超市里啊,明白吗?
I'm like, dude, you're, you're in a Walmart in Birmingham, Alabama, you know?
但这确实发生过。
But it's happened.
比起有人过来说'你的书让我对现实中的男人都失望了',这类求婚故事要多得多。
You get a lot more of those kinds of stories than people coming up and saying, I've ruined men for the rest.
我很高兴。
I'm glad.
说真的,如果后者更常见的话,我会感到难过。
I would feel bad if that was more common, actually.
不。
No.
这就是你来亲爱的切尔西这里的原因。
That's what you come to dear Chelsea for.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
来获得升级体验。
To get upgraded.
收听亲爱的切尔西节目,请使用
Listen to dear Chelsea on
iHeartRadio应用、苹果播客或任何你获取播客的平台。
the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
好的。
Alright.
嗯,这是一期单人节目,因为夏天嘛,大家都在度假。
Well, this is a solo episode because summer, it's vacation.
现场演出即将到来。
The live shows are coming up.
所以给我讲个故事吧。
So you tell me a story.
没错。
That's right.
这是我大放异彩的机会。
It's my chance to shine.
最近有一部非常著名的电影,讲的就是我要告诉你的这些谋杀案。
Now there was a very famous movie very recently about these murders that I'm gonna tell you about.
今天我们从俄克拉荷马州的欧塞奇县开始,这里是欧塞奇族的家园。
We begin today in Osage County, Oklahoma, home to the Osage Nation.
天啊。
Holy shit.
这里并非一直是奥色治族在19世纪70年代的家乡。
This wasn't always the Osage Nation's home in the eighteen seventies.
在被赶出位于现今密苏里州和阿肯色州的祖居地后,奥色治人又被迫从堪萨斯州迁至东俄克拉荷马州,迁至被白人当局认定为不适合农耕的贫瘠土地上。
After having already been pushed out of their ancestral lands in what are now Missouri and Arkansas, the Osage are then forced to relocate from Kansas to Eastern Oklahoma on land that white authorities have deemed worthless for farming.
但几十年后,人们在这片贫瘠土地下发现了石油矿藏。
But decades later, underneath that same worthless land, oil deposits are discovered.
所以当奥色治人意识到他们正坐在金矿上时,他们与联邦政府会面,并精明地谈判保留了保留地的矿产权利,彻底扭转了这种充满种族歧视的权力格局。
So when the Osage realize that they're sitting on a gold mine, they meet with the federal government and shrewdly negotiate to maintain their reservations mineral rights, flipping a very racist power dynamic on its head.
仅在1923年,这些石油开采权就为奥色治族带来了约3000万美元的收入。
So in 1923 alone, those oil royalties brought in around $30,000,000 for the Osage nation.
哇哦。
Woah.
你想猜猜这相当于现在的多少钱吗?
Do you wanna guess what that would be in today's money?
175。
175.
4.8亿美元。
$480,000,000.
天啊。
Shit.
没错。
Yes.
而且这只是一年的收入。
And that's in one year.
那个做账的人,那个该死的白人会计,我真想直接把他们送到那儿去。
The person who did the accounting, the fucking white man who did the accounting, I like, just send them there.
没错。
Yes.
开除。
Fired.
嗯,因为确实如此。
Well, because yeah.
正是这样。
Exactly.
他们就像在说,这不符合我们试图压迫这些人的殖民计划。
They're like, this is not our colonial plan where we're trying to oppress these people.
因此奥色治人决定这样处理:他们将这笔钱集中起来,然后平均分配给官方奥色治部落名册上列出的2229人。
So how the Osage decide to handle it is they pool that money, and then they divide it equally among the 2,229 people listed on the official Osage tribal role.
哇。
Wow.
人人有份。
Everybody gets a cut.
该死。
Damn.
而且钱多到花不完。
And there's more than enough to go around.
这很公平。
That is fair.
是的。
Yes.
因此每个人的份额被称为他们的‘头权’。
And so each person share become known as their head rights.
我们接下来会继续提到‘头权’这个概念。
And we'll refer to head rights kind of for the rest of the story.
好的。
Okay.
到1910年代至20年代,奥色治族人被称为当时世界上人均最富有的民族。
So by the nineteen tens and into the twenties, the Osage were said to be the wealthiest people per capita in the entire world.
天啊。
Oh my god.
这太不可思议了。
Like, that's amazing.
是的。
Yes.
但随之而来的,是部落成员死亡率的攀升。
But, of course, with that money came an increase in tribal member deaths.
据估计,在1907至1923年间,奥色治族人的死亡率比全国平均水平高出约50%。
Between nineteen o seven and 1923, it's estimated that members of the Osage nation died at about one and a half the national rate.
嗯。
K.
其中许多死亡事件都颇为可疑。
And many of these deaths were suspicious.
但当悲痛欲绝的家属们要求追责和正义时,却常常遭到白人当局的漠视。
But as grieving families fought for accountability and justice, they were often dismissed by the white authorities.
毫不意外。
No shock there.
作家小丹尼斯·麦考利夫是奥色治部落成员,他发现自己祖母在20世纪20年代的谋杀案同样被掩盖了真相。
Writer Dennis McAuliffe junior is an Osage tribal member who learned that his own grandmother's nineteen twenties murder was covered up as well.
天啊。
Holy shit.
他写道:'蓄意投毒被归咎于饮用了劣质酒'。
And he writes, quote, deliberate poisonings were chalked up to drinking bad liquor.
枪击事件被标记为自杀。
Shootings got labeled as suicides.
尸检经常被跳过,葬礼仓促举行,死亡证明也被伪造。
Autopsies were often skipped, burials rushed, and death certificates falsified.
哇。
Wow.
于是在20世纪20年代初,在奥色治人的坚持推动下,联邦调查局将在奥色治县调查其首批重大凶杀案之一。
So then in the early twenties in Osage County, driven by the persistence of the Osage people, one of the FBI's very first major homicide cases is going to be investigated.
数十年后,这一事件成为大卫·格兰特畅销书《花月杀手》的题材,该书随后被改编成马丁·斯科塞斯2023年荣获奥斯卡奖的电影。
And decades later, it will serve as the subject of David Grant's bestselling book, killers of the flower moon, which was then adapted into Martin Scorsese's 2023 Oscar winning film.
这就是奥色治石油谋杀案的故事。
This is the story of the Osage oil murders.
哇。
Wow.
这简直是一部史诗。
This is an epic.
对吧?
Right?
确实如此。
This is yeah.
干得漂亮。
Good job.
因为当我们独奏时,我们依然想满足观众的期待。
Because when we're doing solos, we still want to give the people what they want.
我绝对赞同。
I definitely yeah.
你想要一点那种,比如,惊艳全场的亮点。
You want a little bit of a, like, a showstopper.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Right.
说到本质上最政府背书、最骇人听闻的真实犯罪故事时,全场都该配上夸张的爵士手势。
Jazz hands all around of talking about what is essentially it typifies a true crime story in the most government signed on worst way, horrifying way possible.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像,哦,人们总说政府不会针对你。
Like, oh, people say that this the government's not after you.
然后你会发现,这里有个故事里政府真的在追捕你。
And it's like, well, here's a story where they literally are after you.
完全就是那种,你说政府,比如说你所在的城镇,无论哪里,情况糟糕得超乎你的想象。
Entirely kind of like, you say government, say, you know, your town, whatever it is, where it's so much worse than you can even begin to imagine.
所以我们今天从奥色治家族开始,他们在FBI调查中扮演关键角色,其经历构成了《花月杀手》这本书的骨架。
So we begin today with the Osage family that play key figures in this FBI investigation and whose experiences serve as the backbone for the book killers of the flower moon.
这个家庭的家长是纳卡伊·塞瓦伊,他更喜欢自己的奥色治名字,但许多人叫他吉米。
The patriarch of this household is Naka'i Sewai, who prefers his Osage name, but many people call him Jimmy.
嗯。
Mhmm.
再次体现了殖民主义的影响。
Again, colonialism.
他在我们故事大部分情节发生前就去世了,他的遗孀名叫莉齐·Q。
So he passes away before much of our story takes place, and his widow is named Lizzie Q.
他们在1880年代和1890年代初共同养育了四个女儿。
And they have four daughters together that are born in the eighteen eighties and early eighteen nineties.
长女是安娜,接着是莫莉,然后是明妮和丽塔。
The oldest daughter is Anna, then there's Molly followed by Minnie and Rita.
我们在故事中大部分时间都与莫莉相伴,她在斯科塞斯的电影中由莉莉·格莱斯顿饰演。
And we spend most of our time in this story with Molly, who in Scorsese's movie is played by Lily Gladstone.
是的。
Yes.
太棒了。
Amazingly.
她因这一角色赢得了众多奖项,并成为首位获得奥斯卡最佳女主角提名的原住民女性。
And she earned lots of awards for that portrayal, and she became the first Native American woman ever to be nominated for an Academy Award for best actress.
哇。
Wow.
她还获得了同一类别的金球奖。
And she won the Golden Globe for the same category.
太了不起了。
Amazing.
当时发生了许多开创性的突破,打破了无形的天花板,这非常了不起。
Lots of firsts and groundbreaking kind of glass ceiling breaking took place during that, which is amazing.
而且能让公众了解到这个故事,确实。
And also just the fact that getting this story to the general public Yeah.
这是我们所有人都需要学习的历史。
Is the kind of history that we all need to learn.
因此莫莉的家族亲身经历了奥色治郡的巨大变迁。
So Molly's family experiences this huge transformation of Osage County firsthand.
他们被驱逐出堪萨斯后陷入赤贫,政府强迫他们融入美国主流文化,这意味着他们必须放弃或隐藏自己的奥色治身份、习俗和传统,否则食物和资金就会被扣留。
They lived in the abject poverty after being pushed out of Kansas and forced by the government to assimilate into mainstream American culture, which meant that they had to either abandon or hide their Osage identities, customs, traditions, or else food and funds would be withheld.
天啊。
Jesus.
当莫莉大约10岁,她的姐妹们年龄也和她相仿,嗯。
Then when Molly's around 10 and her sisters being close in age to her are also Mhmm.
差不多那个年纪时,石油被发现了。
Close to that age, that's when the oil's discovered.
突然间,奥色治家族从勉强糊口变成了搬进大宅邸,还经常雇佣白人家庭佣人。
Suddenly, Osage families go from barely scraping by to moving into large homes that are often staffed with white domestic servants.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,天啊,这他妈是什么时刻啊。
I mean, god, what a fucking moment.
多么重要的时刻。
What a moment.
这应该拍成电视剧。
This should be a TV show.
那个应该...
That that should
拍成楼下那种风格的电视剧吗?
be a TV downstairs kind of styling?
是喜剧吗?
Is it a comedy?
我觉得可以。
I think it could be.
好的。
Okay.
我觉得《保留地之犬》的创作团队,哦对。
I think the people who made reservation dogs Oh, yeah.
完全可以给我们带来一种复古的感觉,没错。
Could easily give us a kind of a retro Yeah.
让我们抓住当下这一刻。
Let's capture this for the moment that it is.
是的。
Yeah.
好吧。
Alright.
这就是你的提案。
Here's your pitch.
不过这不是我能说的。
Not for me to say, though.
也不是我能推销的。
Not for me to pitch.
不过好吧。
But okay.
所以对于奥色治族中分得石油利润的人来说,没有什么买不起的,包括巴黎的高级定制服装、豪车以及专职司机。
So there's nothing that a member of the Osage nation who is getting a cut of this oil money can't buy, including couture from Paris, expensive cars, and chauffeurs to drive them.
天啊。
Oh my god.
基本上你能梦想的一切。
Anything that basically you could dream of.
一份纽约报纸报道称,'看啊,印第安人非但没有饿死,反而享受着让银行家眼红的稳定收入'。
One New York newspaper reports that, quote, lo and behold, the Indian, instead of starving to death, enjoys a steady income that turns bankers green with envy.
天哪。
Jesus.
是啊。
Yeah.
引用结束。
End quote.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这表现为大量白人定居者涌入奥色治县。
So this materializes as an influx of white settlers into Osage County.
在1910至1920年代,他们的人数激增,其中许多外来者都心怀不轨。
In the nineteen tens and twenties, their numbers swell, and many of these transplants are bad news.
一份联邦调查局报告后来指出:'富饶的油田不仅产出了大量石油,还滋生了诈骗、快钱、赌博、威士忌,以及一心想要榨干奥色治人所有财产的寄生虫。'
An FBI report will later note that, quote, the rich oil fields produce not only an abundance of oil, but also grift, easy money, gambling, whiskey, and parasites bent on milking the Osage out of all he owned.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以这相当典型。
So that's pretty typical.
是的。
Yeah.
但白人定居者使用的这些骗局层出不穷。
But these schemes used by white settlers are endless.
有些人开设企业,以极度虚高的价格向奥塞奇族顾客销售商品或服务。
Some open businesses that sell goods or services to Osage customers at extremely inflated prices.
该地区还出现了一连串的抢劫案和骗子。
There's also a rash of robberies and con men in the area.
此外还有这些所谓的监护人,他们是由联邦政府授权的。
And then there are also these so called guardians who are mandated by the federal government.
监护人基本上就是白人,他们监控奥塞奇族男女的银行账户,因为政府认为他们‘不具备管理自己石油财富的能力’。
So guardians are basically white people who monitor Osage men and women's bank accounts because the government has deemed them, quote, incompetent when it comes to handling their oil wealth.
哇。
Wow.
所以钱在银行里,但他们仍然
So it's in the bank, and they still have
得找人盯着这笔钱。
to have someone keep an eye on it.
一个白人。
A white man.
是啊。
Yeah.
他们强迫某人
They force someone to
没错。
Yep.
是的。
Yeah.
为了监视。
To keep tabs.
这不仅是赤裸裸的种族歧视。
It's not only overtly racist.
这些所谓的监护人并非受过训练的会计师。
These so called guardians aren't trained accountants.
他们中许多人只是当地的白人商人,却监管着被监护人的每一笔开支,随意批准或拒绝他们认为合适的支出。
Many of them are just local white businessmen, but they oversee every aspect of their wards spending, approving or denying whatever expenditures they see fit.
这太令人愤怒了。
That's It's so infuriating.
所以我
So I
我打赌他们,比如说,不能直接取出所有钱然后离开。
bet they, like, can't just take all their money out and leave.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
就像你想的,比如说搬到纽约去。
Where you're thinking, like, go move to New York City.
就好像,他们无法动用那笔钱,尽管那是他们自己的钱。
It's like, they don't have access to that money even though it's theirs.
是的。
Yes.
我确定。
I'm sure.
他们的开支被控制着,以服务于白人主导的体系。
Their spending is controlled in a way that serves the white infrastructure.
毫不意外的是,许多监护人滥用职权,直接从奥色治人的账户中窃取钱财。
And unsurprisingly, many of these guardians abuse this power and steal directly from Osage accounts.
另一种骗子是白人定居者,通常是单身男性,他们涌入奥色治县,企图通过与拥有石油开采权的人结婚来获利。
Another type of grifter are the white settlers, typically single men, who swoop into Osage County looking to marry into oil head rights.
哇。
Wow.
根据法律,开采权只能通过继承或婚姻转让。
By law, head rights can only be passed along through an inheritance or marriage.
它们不能被出售或赠予。
They cannot be sold or given away.
因此,白人男性通过加入奥色治家庭可以直接获取石油财富,因为他们往往最终成为其奥色治妻子的监护人。
So joining an Osage household is a direct way for white men to access the oil money as they often wind up serving as the guardian for their Osage wives.
没错。
Right.
所以爱情就像一切都是骗局。
So love it's like everything is a scam.
哇。
Wow.
一切都是。
Everything.
到了1910年代末,莫莉和她的姐妹们——安娜、明妮和丽塔——都已二十七八岁到三十出头。
So by the late nineteen tens, Molly and her sisters, Anna, Minnie, and Rita, are in their late twenties to early thirties.
和所有奥色治人一样,他们知道白人来到这里就是为了欺诈他们。
Like every Osage person, they know that white people are here to swindle and con them.
确实。
Sure.
因此,信任并非易事。
So trust is not something that comes easily.
但与此同时,官方部落名册上仅有约2000人。
But at the same time, there's only around 2,000 people on the official tribal role.
所以适婚年龄的奥塞奇青年男女数量相当有限。
And so the number of young eligible Osage men and women is a small pool.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
正因如此,许多人最终确实嫁娶了白人定居者,尽管深知伴侣很可能别有用心。
Because of that, many of them do wind up marrying white settlers in the face of the very real possibility that their partners have ulterior motives.
天啊。
God.
太恶心了。
Nasty.
简直是最糟糕的感觉。
Just like the worst feeling.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
就像是在说,哦,我要坚持等待那个最能伪装的社会病态者,结果对方却直接拒绝。
It's like, oh, I'm gonna hold out and wait for the biggest sociopath who is the most convincing to basically be like, no.
不。
No.
不。
No.
但我真的爱你。
But I really love you.
这次是真心的,尽管看看周围的情况。
This time it's real even though look around.
嗯。
Mhmm.
天啊。
Oh my god.
太可怕了。
How terrifying.
糟透了。
Horrible.
于是在1917年,当莫莉30岁左右时,她遇到了一个名叫欧内斯特·伯克哈特的一战老兵。
So in 1917, when Molly's around 30 years old, she meets a World War one vet named Ernest Burkhart.
他二十五六岁,刚来到镇上。
He is in his mid twenties, and he's new to town.
起初,莫莉对欧内斯特并不太确定。
So at first, Molly's not so sure about Ernest.
他是个英俊的小伙子。
He's a good looking guy.
在电影里,这个角色由莱昂纳多·迪卡普里奥饰演。
In the movie, he's played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
He is.
他常被形容为单纯且被动,这可能让莫莉觉得他很安全。
And he's often described as simple and passive, which probably makes him feel safe to Molly.
完全正确。
Totally.
对吧?
Right?
他不是那种...
He's not a Yeah.
诡计多端、花言巧语的人。
Scheming and, like, smooth talker.
没错。
Yeah.
确实。
Yeah.
考虑到欧内斯特对他们家庭所拥有的权力,他看起来并不特别精明或野心勃勃,这似乎是个好迹象。
Given the power he would have over their household, it seems to be a green flag that Ernest doesn't seem particularly shrewd or ambitious.
嗯。
Mhmm.
而且欧内斯特是奥塞奇县最有势力之一威廉·金·黑尔的侄子兼养子,这点也很有帮助。
It also doesn't hurt that Ernest is the nephew and sort of adoptive son of one of the most powerful men in Osage County, a man named William King Hale.
黑尔四十多岁,是个来自德克萨斯的白人牛仔,他白手起家的故事与奥塞奇人致富的经历如出一辙。
So Hale is in his forties, and he's a white cowboy from Texas who's got a rags to riches story that mirrors the Osage's own rise to wealth.
他最初从奥塞奇部落租赁牧场,逐渐获得更多土地和牲畜,然后开了一家银行和杂货店。
He started out leasing grazing land from the Osage tribe and slowly acquired more acres and more cattle and then a bank and then a general store.
最终,他成为了县里最富有的牧场主之一。
And, ultimately, he became one of the county's wealthiest ranchers.
不过尚不清楚他是否通过正当手段获得所有这些财富,对吧。
It's unclear, though, if he came by all of that money honestly Right.
每次交易都是如此。
Every time and every deal.
小丹尼斯·麦考利夫报道称,引用原话,'他的一部分财富据称来自以一英亩一美元的价格确保牧场,并让他的牛仔在一夜之间烧毁了3万英亩土地。'
Dennis McAuliffe junior reports that, quote, a portion of his fortune allegedly came from ensuring his pasture for a dollar an acre and having his cowboys torch 30,000 acres in one night.
天啊。
Holy shit.
是啊。
Yeah.
但在当地和县里,黑尔被视为随和慷慨的人,是那种会捐款给学校、出资建医院,并自称为'奥色治人最好的朋友'的家伙。
But in the area and the county, Hale has He's seen as easygoing and generous, the kind of guy who donates to schools, gives money to build hospitals, and positions himself as the, quote, best friend of the Osage.
所以,就像,很多
So, like, a lot
镇上有不少阴谋诡计在进行。
of scheming going on in town.
是啊。
Yeah.
很多高层次的,没错。
A lot of high level yeah.
这就像是那种人们被骗后感到特别尴尬,或者想'我怎么会中招'的情况。
It's kinda that thing where people get scammed and then they're so embarrassed or like, how could I fall for it?
因为骗你的人可是把一生都奉献给了行骗事业。
It's like, because the person who was scamming you was dedicated their life to scamming.
完全正确。
Totally.
那就是他们的职业。
Their that's what they do.
没错。
Right.
所以你会有那种'我的天啊'的感觉。
So you're just you're having this like, oh my god.
我们中了彩票,结果却让所有人都变成了敌人。
We won the lottery except for it turns everyone into an enemy.
对。
Right.
所以莫莉和她的家人都非常了解威廉·黑尔。
So Molly and her family know William Hale very well.
所以当欧内斯特开始追求莫莉时,他们之间已经有了一些基本的信任基础。
So when Ernest begins to pursue Molly, there's some just kind of pre established trust.
她认为欧内斯特喜欢的一定是她本人而非她的钱,因为他并不缺钱。
She figures that Ernest must like her for her and not her money because he doesn't need the money.
嗯。
Mhmm.
威廉·黑尔大概会一直照顾他。
William Hale will always take care of him presumably.
好的。
Okay.
所以莫莉最终嫁给了欧内斯特,他们看起来确实是一对恩爱的夫妻。
So Molly eventually marries Ernest, and they do seem like a loving couple.
她患有糖尿病,这在当时可能是致命的。
She has diabetes, which can be fatal at that time.
所以她依赖欧内斯特来照顾她。
So she depends on Ernest to care for her.
尽管莫莉能说一口流利的英语,欧内斯特还是学会了说奥塞奇语,这样两人就能用她的母语交流。
And even though Molly speaks English fluently, Ernest learns to speak the Osage language so that the two can communicate in her native language.
好的。
Okay.
这是爱的表现。是的。
An act of love Yeah.
有人可能会这么说。
Some might say.
人们可能会这么想。
One would think.
你可能会想当然地认为。
You one would like to assume.
没错。
Right.
她说,约翰尼,孩子们昨晚没回家。
And she said, Johnny, the kids didn't come home last night.
小镇的安全程度,取决于紧闭门扉后藏匿的秘密。
A small town is only as safe as the secrets hidden behind closed doors.
凶案发生时,韦瑟福德从未发生过类似事件。
When the murders happened, nothing like that had ever happened in Weatherford before.
1980年代,在德克萨斯中部平原上,青少年接连丧命。
During the 1980s, along the Central Texas Plains, teens are dying.
多年后,有人指控负责制止这场疯狂的当局,正是制造混乱的幕后黑手。
All these years later, some claim that the people put in charge of stopping the madness are the same group behind it.
然后我突然听见他说:'是我们杀了那些孩子'。
Then all of a sudden I heard him say we killed those kids.
这情节简直像是从《绝命毒师》里直接搬出来的。
In what seems to be a plot ripped straight out of Breaking Bad.
毒品、酒精、人口贩卖。
Drugs, alcohol, trafficking of people.
有两位勇敢的女性正带头为正义而战。
With two courageous women leading the charge to see justice served.
有些人绝对清楚发生了什么。
There are people out there that absolutely know what happened.
我是M。
My name is M.
威廉·菲尔普斯。
William Phelps.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或任何你获取播客的平台收听《纸鬼:德州青少年谋杀案》。
Listen to Paper Ghosts, the Texas Teen Murders on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
我们诉诸法律体系是为了寻求正义。
We come to this legal system for justice.
但我们并不总能得到它。
But we don't always get it.
我是梅丽莎·马尔布兰奇。
I'm Melissa Malbranch.
我是迈克尔·富特。
And I'm Michael Foote.
你可能在TikTok上认识我,大家都叫我最受欢迎的律师。
You might know me as everyone's favorite lawyer from TikTok.
我受够了这种生活和工作完全分开的状态。
I'm sick of this whole, like, my life is separate from my job.
根本不是这样的。
It ain't.
无论是在法庭上还是在家里,我都是个凶猛的女神。
I'm a Fierce Deva in the courtroom as well as at home.
每周在我们的播客《Brief Recess》中,我们都会把法律世界从法庭带到现实生活中。
Every week on our podcast, Brief Recess, we take the legal world out of the courtroom and into real life.
比如说,你的老板真的能因为
Like, can your boss actually fire you for what
你在网上发的内容就开除你吗?
you post online?
如果冰块来敲你的门会发生什么?
What happens if ice knocks on your door?
哦,如果你在抗议活动中被捕该怎么办?
Oh, what should you do if you get arrested at a protest?
我们会解析疯狂的头条新闻,回答听众的真实问题,并分享法庭上真实发生的离奇故事。
We break down insane headlines, answer real questions from listeners, and share wild stories about what really happens in court.
朋友们请记住,虽然迈克尔是律师,但他不是你的律师。
Friends, please remember, while Michael is a lawyer, he is not your lawyer.
除非你想雇佣我。
Unless you wanna hire me.
我是说,那是另一回事...
I mean, that's a different I
每个人都有自己的价码,而我的价格其实相当便宜。
am everyone has a price, and I'm actually pretty cheap.
来自Exactly Right网络,《Brief Recess》新集每周四更新。
From the Exactly Right Network, new episodes of Brief Recess drop every Thursday.
在YouTube上观看《Brief Recess》节目。
Watch Brief Recess on YouTube.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或任何你获取播客的地方收听《Brief Recess》。
Listen to Brief Recess on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你好啊,我的小幽灵调查员们。
Hello, my little spirits inspectors.
我是Roz Hernandez,告诉你《Ghosted by Roz Hernandez》节目里永远都是灵异季节。
I'm Roz Hernandez, here to tell you it's always spooky season on Ghosted by Roz Hernandez.
每周我都会邀请喜剧演员和名人来分享他们最搞笑、最诡异、最难忘的超自然经历,比如变装皇后Bob跟我讲的那个睡前访客的故事。
Each week, I invite comedians and celebrities to share their funniest, freakiest, and most unforgettable encounters with the paranormal, like when Bob the Drag Queen told me about a bedtime visitor.
你有点像《咒怨》里的那个女孩。
You kinda look like the girl from The Grudge.
睡眠瘫痪症太可怕了。
Sleep paralysis is terrifying.
我的嘉宾Sashir Zamaida会让你起鸡皮疙瘩,说不定还能帮你搞定房地产。
My guest, Sashir Zamaida, will give you goosebumps and may just help you with real estate.
我拿着巫毒娃娃心想,听着,我不想打扰你,但我真的很想要这栋房子。
I got the voodoo doll and I was like, look, I didn't wanna bother you, but I really want this house.
然后
And
我确实买到了那栋房子。
I did get the house.
所以点起蜡烛,拿出你的通灵板,每周一和我一起在《Roz Hernandez的灵异事件》中被吓个够吧,这是Exactly Right网络的一部分。
So light a candle, grab your Ouija board, and get haunted with me every Monday on Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, part of the Exactly Right Network.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或任何你获取播客的地方收听《Roz Hernandez的灵异事件》。
Listen to ghosted by Roz Hernandez on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
本周《亲爱的切尔西》节目中,我和切尔西·汉德勒将迎来尼古拉斯·斯帕克斯。
This week on dear Chelsea with me, Chelsea Handler, Nicholas Sparks is here.
我想你应该收到过很多反馈,说你设定了一个大多数男人可能都达不到的爱情和浪漫标准。
I would imagine that you've gotten a lot of feedback about setting a standard of love and romance that a lot of men probably can't measure up to.
我在签售会上听过这样的故事。
I have heard such stories at my book signings.
对吧?
Right?
我的诺亚在哪里?
Where's my Noah?
我的《分手信》里的约翰在哪里?
Where's my John from dear John?
与此同时,在我的职业生涯中,我在签书会上收到过七次求婚,你知道吗?
And at the same time, in the course of my career, I've had seven marriage proposals in lines to sign my book, you know?
真的吗?
Really?
他走到签书桌前,突然单膝跪地,我都替他感到尴尬。
Get up to the table, the doodle dropped to his knees and feel so bad for him.
我当时就想,老兄,这可是阿拉巴马州伯明翰市的沃尔玛超市啊,但这种事确实发生了。
I'm like, dude, you're in a Walmart in Birmingham, Alabama, but it's happened.
比起有人过来说'你毁了我对男性的期待'这种话,我听到的更多是这类求婚故事——不过我很庆幸没人这么说。
You get a lot more of those kinds of stories than people coming up and saying, I've ruined I've ruined men for the for the rest, which I'm glad.
如果这种情况更常见的话,我确实会感到难过。
I would feel bad if that was more common, actually.
不。
No.
这就是你来亲爱的切尔西这里的目的。
That's what you come to dear Chelsea for.
是啊。
Yeah.
对啊。
Yeah.
来获得升级。
To get upgraded.
收听亲爱的切尔西节目,请打开
Listen to dear Chelsea on
iHeartRadio应用、苹果播客或任何你获取播客的平台。
the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
大约一年后的1918年,莫莉的二妹明妮突然去世。
About a year later in 1918, Minnie, who's Molly's second youngest sister, suddenly dies.
她当时才二十多岁。
She was only in her late twenties.
她一直非常健康。
She'd always been very healthy.
白人医生将其归因于所谓的‘消耗病’,仅此而已。
The doctors the white doctors chalk it up to, quote, a wasting illness, and that's that.
他们从不深入探究病因。
They never look further into illness.
嗯。
Mhmm.
好的。
Okay.
仅仅几个月后,明尼的鳏夫——一位名叫比尔·史密斯的白人男子——娶了她的妹妹丽塔
Just a few months later, Minnie's widower, who's a white man named Bill Smith, marries the younger sister Rita
嗯
Mhmm.
谁是莫莉家里最小的女儿
Who's the youngest daughter in Molly's family.
听起来很奇怪,但这实际上是世界各地许多文化都曾有过的一种古老习俗——当有人去世后,你会与逝者家族中的成员结婚
It sounds weird, but it's actually an antiquated custom that many cultures around the world practice, which is kind of like if someone dies, you marry back into the family.
明白了
Got it.
又一个兄弟姐妹
Another sibling.
好的
Okay.
因此明妮的土地继承权现在被分割给了她们的母亲莉齐和明妮的鳏夫比尔
So Minnie's head rights are now split between their mother, Lizzie, and Minnie's widower, Bill.
现在比尔还对丽塔的土地继承权有了主张
And now Bill also has claim to Rita's head rights.
三年后,时间来到1921年,莫莉和欧内斯特已经有了两个年幼的孩子,莫莉的母亲莉齐也搬进了他们家。
Three years later, it's 1921, Molly and Ernest now have two small children, and Molly's mother, Lizzie, has moved into their house.
但莫莉的大姐安娜正深陷困境。
But Molly's oldest sister, Anna, is struggling.
她最近刚与一位名叫奥达·布朗的白人定居者离婚,姐妹们注意到她最近酗酒严重。
She's recently divorced a white settler named Oda Brown, and her sisters have noticed that she's been drinking a lot lately.
五月份时,安娜去拜访莫莉和欧内斯特,返程时搭乘了欧内斯特的兄弟布莱恩的车——实际上她曾与布莱恩约会过几次。
And then in May, Anna goes to visit Molly and Ernest, and she gets a ride home from Ernest's brother, Brian, who she's actually gone on a few dates with.
嗯。
Mhmm.
之后,安娜就失踪了。
After that, Anna vanishes.
家人连续多日没有她的消息,这完全不符合她一贯的作风。
Her family members don't hear from her for several days, which is extremely out of character for her.
一周后,猎松鼠人在奥色治县的一处山沟里发现了36岁安娜被丢弃的尸体。
A week later, squirrel hunters find the body of 36 year old Anna dumped in an Osage County ravine.
天啊
God.
她被击中头部两枪
She's been shot twice in the head.
尽管没有出口伤,进行尸检的白人医生却似乎无法在她头骨中找到子弹
And even though there are no exit wounds, the white doctors who perform her autopsy can't seem to find the bullets in her skull.
天啊
God.
就像她生命的最后时刻意识到这一切都是个骗局
Like her last moments realizing that it was all a scam.
嗯
Mhmm.
她意识到自己被背叛了
She they've been betrayed.
她姐姐的丈夫——那个即将回到她身边的人——竟然是她姐姐丈夫的兄弟
Her sister's husband who's about to go back to her is fucking It's her sister's husband's brother.
好的。
Okay.
这是条单行道。
It's a one way.
不过确实如此。
But still Yeah.
你说得完全对,突然间一切都成了阴谋。
You're totally right where it's like all of a sudden, it all is a plot.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像,这就是确证。
Like, this is the confirmation.
她无法告诉任何人。
She can't tell anybody.
没错。
Yeah.
太可怕了。
Horrifying.
那些子弹可能是关键证据,但他们当然'找不到'这些子弹。
So those bullets could be critical evidence, but of course, they just simply quote unquote can't find them.
在安娜尸体被发现同一天,第二具尸体在波哈斯卡镇附近的灌木丛中被发现,该镇同样位于奥塞奇县。
On the same day that Anna's body is found, a second body is found under some brush near the town of Pawhuska, which is also in Osage County.
这名受害者是男性,但和安娜一样是奥塞奇族人。
The victim here is male, but like Anna, he is Osage.
他很富有。
He's wealthy.
他三十多岁,头部中了两枪。
He's in his thirties, and he's been shot twice in the head.
他口袋里有一封写给查尔斯·怀特霍恩的信,当局由此确认了他的身份。
There's a letter addressed to a Charles Whitehorn in his pocket, and that's how authorities identify him.
这两起谋杀案在奥塞奇族中引起了巨大震动。
So these two murders send shockwaves through the Osage nation.
当然,人们的期望是这两起死亡案件都将得到妥善调查,凶手将被绳之以法。
And the expectation, of course, is that both deaths will be properly investigated and the perpetrators will be brought to justice.
尽管有几个人被带去问话,包括安娜的前夫和欧内斯特的兄弟布莱恩——那个在安娜失踪当晚开车送她回家的人,但两起案件均无人被起诉,警方甚至未能确定这两起谋杀是否有关联。
But despite a few people being brought in for questioning, including Anna's ex husband and Ernest's brother, Brian, the man who drove Anna home the night she went missing, no one is charged in either case, and police don't even determine whether or not the murders are connected.
每人两枪。
Two bullets each.
没错。
Yep.
也许它们并无关联。
And maybe they're not connected.
同一天。
Same day.
说作案手法。
Saying MO.
对。
Right.
同一天。
Same day.
是啊。
Yeah.
1921年7月,在那两具尸体被发现约两个月后,安娜死亡调查正式结案,结论是她被"身份不明的凶手"谋杀。
In July 1921, about two months after those bodies are found, inquiry into Anna's death is officially closed with the determination that she was murdered, quote, at the hands of parties unknown.
天啊。
Jesus.
调查就只能到此为止了。
That's just as far as it's gonna go.
结案吧。
Close the case.
嗯。
Yeah.
悬案就此了结。
Cold case closed.
这与查尔斯·怀特霍恩案的调查结论如出一辙。
This is the same verdict reached in the Charles Whitehorn investigation.
由于白人当局未能采取实质行动,受害者的亲友们被迫自行调查。
So with the white authorities failing to take real action, the victim's loved ones are forced to investigate themselves.
这就是石油繁荣带来的优势,对吧?
So that is the advantage of this oil boon Right.
现在他们不再需要低声下气求人,而是能雇佣私家侦探了。
Is that now instead of being put in this place of, like, having to beg people, they can hire private investigators.
他们正是这么做的。
So that's what they do.
两个家庭都雇了私家侦探,很快就发现了爆炸性线索。
Both families hire private investigators, and they soon uncover a bombshell.
调查显示安娜遇害时已怀有身孕。
It turns out that Anna was pregnant at the time of her murder.
天啊。
Oh, shit.
没人知道孩子的父亲可能是谁。
No one knows who the father might be.
于是两家悬赏征集破案线索,莫莉家悬赏2000美元,相当于现在的35000美元。
So now the families post rewards for any information that could help solve the cases with Molly's family offering $2,000, which is $35,000 in today's Yeah.
他们还寻求威廉·哈勒的帮助,让他去警局和地检办公室找熟人打探消息。
They also enlist William Hale's help who talks to his buddies down at the police station and at the DA's office.
那可是镇上的头面人物。
That's the head guy head guy around town.
对。
Yeah.
所以他
So he is
他就那种...表现得像是'我很友善'的样子。
like He's like, I'm gonna he just is like, I'm friendly.
我是奥塞奇族人的朋友。
I'm friends to the Osage people.
他基本上就是在说,作为叔叔我要动用些关系,那种...对。
He's also basically saying, I'm gonna pull some strings being the uncle, the kind of Yeah.
厄萨特的叔叔,对。
Ursat's uncle Yeah.
欧内斯特的。
Of Ernest.
对。
Yeah.
与此同时,莫莉的母亲莉齐病重去世。
The same time, Molly's mother, Lizzie, gets very sick and dies.
莉齐确实有些基础疾病,也有人怀疑在短短几年内失去两个女儿的悲痛是否让她难以承受。
Lizzie did have some underlying medical issues, and some people wonder if the grief of losing two daughters within just a couple of years was just too much for her to handle.
但莫莉、丽塔和丽塔的丈夫比尔始终怀疑事情没那么简单,却没有医生愿意进一步调查莉齐的死因。
But Molly, Rita, and Rita's husband, Bill, share a nagging suspicion that there is more to that story, but no doctors are interested in investigating Lizzie's cause of death any further.
没错。
Right.
与此同时,莉齐拥有几份宝贵的土地权益。
So meanwhile, Lizzie owns several valuable head rights.
她有自己的份额。
She has her own.
她拥有已故丈夫的,还有她从明妮和安娜那里继承回来的部分权益。
She has her late husband's, and then she has the partial ones she inherited back from both Minnie and Anna.
嗯。
Mhmm.
因此在她去世后,, these head rights will be divided between two households, Molly and Ernest's and Rita and Bill's.
So now following her death, these head rights will be divided between two households, Molly and Ernest's and Rita and Bill's.
好的。
Okay.
这涉及一大笔钱。
This is a lot of money.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
莫莉和丽塔在短时间内接连失去了两个姐妹和母亲,她们悲痛欲绝。
Molly and Rita have now lost two sisters and their mother all in close succession, and they are deeply in grief.
但丽塔的丈夫比尔开始公开宣称,他认为自己的家人正遭到系统性谋杀。
But Rita's husband, Bill, is becoming very vocal about his belief that their family is systematically being murdered.
天啊。
Oh my god.
太可怕了。
How scary.
没错。
Yeah.
他甚至主动与他们雇用的私家侦探一起调查这些谋杀案,但始终没有指名道姓地指控任何人。
He even takes it upon himself to investigate the murders alongside the private investigators they've hired, but he always stops short of accusing anyone by name.
是的。
Yeah.
因为他不是傻子。
Because he's not an idiot.
他们被包围了。
They are surrounded.
没错。
Right.
与此同时,在全县范围内,更多奥色治族成员在离奇情况下死亡。
Meanwhile, across the county, more members of the Osage nation are dying under strange circumstances.
1922年,29岁的冠军套牛骑手威廉·斯特普森在奥色治县费尔法克斯镇的家中接了个电话,他与妻子和两个孩子同住,随后他收到某种信息,促使他立即离家。
In 1922, a 29 year old champion steer roper named William Stepson picks up the phone at his home in the Osage County town of Fairfax where he lives with his wife and two children, and he receives some sort of message that then prompts him to leave the house immediately.
当晚他回来时,已经病得非常非常严重。
When he comes back later that night, he is very, very sick.
他在回家后几小时内就去世了。
He dies within hours of making it back home.
所以有人打电话说'你得赶紧过来',然后发生了某种阴谋。
So someone called and we're like, you gotta get over here, and then something nefarious happened.
是啊。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
然后他回到了家,是的。
And he makes it back home Yeah.
基本上就是回家等死。
Just basically to die at home.
天啊。
Jesus.
许多奥塞奇人立即怀疑威廉那晚是被下毒了。
Many Osage immediately suspect William was poisoned that night.
但除了雇佣私家侦探和悬赏外,几乎没有其他途径能有效调查,因为当地警方拒绝承认这可能是谋杀。
But beyond hiring private investigators and posting rewards, there are very few avenues to meaningfully investigate as local police just refuse to acknowledge the possibility that it was a murder.
几个月后,一位三十多岁的奥塞奇男子乔·贝茨在喝了从陌生人那里买的威士忌后开始‘口吐白沫’。
A few months later, an Osage man in his thirties named Joe Bates starts, quote, frothing at the mouth after drinking whiskey he'd purchased from a stranger.
他不久后倒地身亡,留下妻子和六个孩子。
He collapses and dies not long after, leaving behind a wife and six kids.
奥塞奇族怀疑这又是一起投毒事件,但当地官员再次决定不予调查。
The Osage Nation suspects yet another poisoning, but again, local officials decide not to investigate.
嗯。
Mhmm.
因此现在奥塞奇族对当地白人管理的机构彻底失去信任,他们感到被迫只能自己采取行动。
So now the Osage nation have a completely lost faith in the local white run institutions, and they basically feel forced to take matters into their own hands.
于是在乔·贝茨遇害约一个月后,部落领袖们委托一位55岁的白人石油商巴尼·麦克布莱德——奥塞奇人信任并视其为盟友——前往华盛顿特区游说联邦政府派遣调查人员到奥塞奇县。
So about a month after Joe Bates' murder, tribal leaders enlist a white 55 year old oil man named Barney McBride, whom the Osage trust and consider to be an ally, to head up to Washington DC and lobby the federal government to send investigators to Osage County.
但巴尼抵达华盛顿后不久就遭遇伏击,被刺身亡。什么?
But shortly after arriving in DC, Barney is ambushed, stabbed to death What?
尸体还被丢弃在巷子里。
And dumped in an alleyway.
天啊...好吧。
Holy sh Okay.
现在你会觉得,我们并不是在疑神疑鬼。
That now you're like, are we we're not being paranoid.
没有人疑神疑鬼。
No one's being paranoid.
他们第一次就不是多疑,而现在只是接二连三的印证。
They weren't being paranoid the first time, and now it's just like confirmation after confirmation.
哦,太可怕了。
Oh, how terrifying.
可疑的死亡事件仍在继续。
And the suspicious deaths continue.
1923年1月,40岁的亨利·罗恩——莫莉和丽塔的表兄——的尸体在费尔法克斯北部他的车里被发现,他趴在方向盘上,后脑中弹。
In January 1923, the body of 40 year old Henry Rowan, who is Molly and Rita's cousin, is found North Of Fairfax in his car, slumped over the steering wheel, having been shot in the back of the head.
这又是一起明显的凶杀案,但警方并未进行实质性调查。
This is another clear homicide, and the police do not meaningfully investigate it.
哎呀。
Yikes.
几个月后,1923年6月,一位名叫乔治·比格哈特的四十多岁奥塞奇男子病重。
Months later, in June 1923, an Osage man in his forties named George Bigheart becomes very sick.
他怀疑自己被人下毒。
He suspects he's been poisoned.
临终前,他要求见一位54岁的白人律师W。
And from his deathbed, he asks to see a 54 year old white lawyer named W.
W。
W.
沃恩,和巴尼·麦克布莱德一样,被广泛视为奥塞奇部落的真正盟友。
Vaughan, who, like Barney McBride, is widely seen as a true Osage ally.
他向沃恩透露了他声称关于谋杀案的关键信息,以及一堆指控文件。
And he shares with him what he claims is key information about the murders along with a stack of incriminating documents.
好的。
Okay.
乔治死后,W。
After George dies, W.
W.
W.
沃恩打电话给他刚生下他们第十个孩子的妻子。
Vaughan calls his wife who has just given birth to their tenth child.
天啊。
Oh my god.
告诉她他把一些钱藏在哪里,以防他遭遇不测。
To tell her where he stashed some money in case anything happens to him.
因为他知道。
Because he knows.
随后他联系了警长。
He then contacts the sheriff.
他说他正带着证据赶来。
He's saying he's on the way with evidence.
他一离开医院就消失了。
Once he leaves that hospital, he vanishes.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。