本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
总的来说,资本主义是人类物种的内在属性。
Overall, capitalism is intrinsic to the human species.
资本主义并不是我们发明的东西。
Capitalism is not something we invented.
资本主义甚至也不是我们发现的东西。
Capitalism is not even something we discovered.
它体现在我们每一次的交换中,是我们与生俱来的。
It is innate to us in every exchange that we have.
当你和我交换信息时,我希望从你那里得到一些信息作为回报。
When you and I exchange information, I want some information back from you.
我给你信息。
I give you information.
你给我信息。
You give me information.
如果我们之间的信息交换不够好,你就会去找别人谈。
If we weren't having a good information exchange, you go talk to somebody else.
因此,交换以及记录债权债务的概念,已经深植于我们作为灵活社会性动物的本性之中。
So the notion of exchange and keeping track of credits and debits, this is built into us as flexible social animals.
我们是动物界中唯一能跨越基因界限进行合作的物种。
We are the only animals in the animal kingdom that cooperate across genetic boundaries.
大多数动物甚至根本不合作。
Most animals don't even cooperate.
但当它们合作时,只会在共同进化、共享血缘的群体中进行合作。
But when they do, they cooperate only in packs where they coevolve together and they share blood.
因此,它们拥有某些共同利益。
So they have some shared interest.
人类却没有这种限制。
Humans don't have that.
我可以和你们合作。
I can cooperate with you guys.
你们当中有一个人是塞尔维亚人。
One of you is a Serbian.
另一个原籍是波斯人。
The other one is Persian by origin.
我原籍是印度人。
I'm Indian by origin.
我们之间的血缘关系非常少。
We have very little blood in common.
基本上没有。
Basically, none.
但我们仍然合作。
But we still cooperate.
是什么让我们能够合作?
And what lets us cooperate?
因为我们能记录债务和信用,谁付出了多少劳动,谁贡献了多少。
It's because we can keep track of debits and credits, who put in how much work, who contributed how much.
这就是自由市场资本主义的全部。
That's all free market capitalism is.
因此,我坚信这是人类物种与生俱来的特质,我们将为每个人创造越来越多的财富和富足。
So I strongly believe that it is innate to the human species, and we are going to create more and more wealth and abundance for everybody.
每个人都可以富有。
Everybody can be wealthy.
每个人都可以退休。
Everybody can be retired.
每个人都可以成功。
Everybody can be successful.
这仅仅是一个教育和欲望的问题。
It is merely a question of education and desire.
你必须想要它。
You have to want it.
如果你不想要,那也没关系,你就选择退出这个游戏。
If you don't want it, that's fine, then you opt out of the game.
但不要贬低那些参与游戏的人,因为正是这个游戏让你每晚都能躺在舒适温暖的床上。
But don't try and put down the people who are playing the game because that's the game that keeps you in a comfortable warm bed at night.
那场游戏让你有房可住。
That's the game that keeps a roof over your head.
那场游戏让你的超市货品充足。
That's a game that keeps your supermarket stocked.
那场游戏让你的iPhone在口袋里不断震动。
That's the game that keeps the iPhone buzzing in your pocket.
因此,这是一场值得以道德、理性、良知和社会责任去参与的美丽游戏,它将持续让我们越来越富有,为任何想要财富的人创造巨大的财富。
So it is a beautiful game that is worth playing ethically, rationally, morally, socially for the human race, and it's gonna continue to make us all richer and richer until we have massive wealth creation for anybody who wants it.
而且不仅仅是个人在暗中鄙视财富。
And it's not just individuals secretly despising wealth.
对吧?
Right?
还有国家、团体、政党公然鄙视财富,或者至少表面上如此。
There's countries, groups, political parties that overtly despise wealth or at least seem to.
没错。
That's right.
因此,这些国家、政党和团体所陷入的,是地位的零和游戏。
And so what those countries, political parties, and groups are reduced playing the zero sum game of status.
而为了摧毁财富创造的过程,他们把所有人都拖到自己的水平,这就是为什么美国对移民来说是一个非常受欢迎的国家,因为这是美国梦。
And the process to destroy wealth creation, they drag everybody down to their level, which is why The US is a very popular country for immigrants because it's the American dream.
任何人都可以来到这里,从贫穷开始,通过努力工作赚取收入并变得富裕。
Anyone can come here, be poor, and then work really hard and make money and get wealthy.
但你知道,哪怕只是赚到足以维持基本生活的钱也好。
But, you know, even just make some basic money for their lives.
显然,不同人对财富的定义是不同的。
Obviously, the definition of wealth is different for different people.
一个发达国家公民对财富的定义可能是:哦,我得赚上百万美元,然后就可以彻底退休了。
A first world citizen's definition of wealth might be, oh, I have to make millions of dollars and I'm completely done.
而对于刚进入这个国家的第三世界贫困移民来说——我和家人在我还小的时候就作为贫困移民来到美国——财富可能只是一个低得多的数字。
Whereas to a third world poor immigrant just entering the country, and we were poor immigrants who came here when I was fairly young to The United States, wealth may just be a much lower number.
它可能只是意味着:不必再一辈子从事我不想做的体力劳动。
It may just be like, don't have to work a manual labor job for the rest of my life that I don't wanna work.
但那些憎恨它的人会把整个群体拖低到那个水平。
But groups that despise it will essentially bring the entire group down to that level.
如果占便宜的人太多,而创造价值的人太少,社会就会崩溃。
If you get too many takers and not enough makers, society falls apart.
你最终会得到一个共产主义国家。
You end up with a communist country.
看看委内瑞拉。
Look at Venezuela.
对吧?
Right?
他们忙于掠夺、瓜分和重新分配,导致人们 literally 在街头挨饿,每年因纯粹的饥饿而体重减轻数公斤。
They were so busy taking and dividing and reallocating that people are literally starving in the streets and losing kilograms of body weight every year just through sheer starvation.
另一种思考方式是,想象一个寄生虫太多的生物体。
Another way to think about it is imagine an organism that has too many parasites.
实际上,你需要一定数量的寄生虫来保持健康,同时需要大量的共生体,比如我们所有细胞中的线粒体,它们帮助我们呼吸和消耗氧气。
You actually need some small number of parasites to stay healthy, and you need a lot of symbiotes, like all the mitochondria in all of our cells that help us respirate and burn oxygen.
这些共生体帮助我们生存。
These are symbiotes that help us survive.
没有它们,我们无法生存。
We couldn't survive without them.
但对我来说,这些是参与财富创造的伙伴,而财富创造构成了人体的基础。
But to me, those are partners in the wealth creation that creates the human body.
但如果你体内全是寄生虫,比如感染了蠕虫、病毒或纯粹寄生的细菌,你就会死亡。
But if you just were filled with parasites, if you got infected with worms or a virus or bacteria that were purely parasitical, you would die.
因此,任何生物都只能承受少量寄生虫。
So any organism can only withstand a small number of parasites.
当寄生因素失控到一定程度时,你就会死亡。
And when the parasitic element gets too far out of control, you die.
所以,正如我所说,我谈论的是道德上的财富创造。
So, you know, that again, I'm talking about ethical wealth creation.
我不是在谈论垄断。
I'm not talking about monopolies.
我不是在谈论裙带资本主义。
I'm not talking about crony capitalism.
我不是在谈论像环境这样的外部性定价错误。
I'm not talking about mispriced externalities like the environment.
我谈论的是自由的思想和自由的市场,人与人之间小规模的自愿交换,不会对他人产生过大影响。
I'm talking about free minds and free markets, small scale exchange between humans as voluntary and doesn't have an outsized impact on others.
但我认为,如果一个社会不尊重这种财富创造,如果一个群体不尊重它,这个社会将陷入毁灭和黑暗。
But I think that kind of wealth creation, if a society does not respect it, if a group does not respect it, that society will plunge into ruin and darkness.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。