本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你靠出租自己的时间是不可能致富的,但你说你会通过向社会提供它想要却还不知道如何规模化获得的东西来致富。
You're not gonna get rich renting out your time, but you say that you will get rich by giving society what it wants but does not yet know how to get at scale.
没错。
That's right.
所以,正如我们之前讨论的,钱本质上是社会开出的欠条,表示你过去做了一些好事。
So, essentially, as we talked about before, money is IOUs from society saying, you did something good in the past.
现在,这是社会未来欠你的东西。
Now here's something that we owe you for the future.
因此,社会会因为你创造了它想要的东西而支付你报酬。
And so society will pay you for creating things that it wants.
但社会目前还不知道如何创造出这些东西。
But society doesn't yet know how to create those things.
因为如果它知道的话,就不需要你了。
Because if it did, it would need you.
它们早就已经被大规模生产出来了。
They would already be stamped out big time.
你家里的几乎所有东西、你的工作场所和街道上的东西,曾经都曾是技术。
Almost everything in your house, in your workplace, and on the street used to be technology at one point in time.
曾经有一段时间,石油是让J.
There's a time when oil was technology that made J.
B.
B.
洛克菲勒致富的技术。
Rockefeller rich.
曾经有一段时间,汽车是让亨利·福特致富的技术。
There's a time when cars were technology that made Henry Ford rich.
因此,技术就是艾伦·凯所说的那些尚未完全成功的东西。
So technology is just the set of things, as Alan Kay said, that don't quite work yet.
一旦某样东西成功了,它就不再是技术了。
Once something works, it's no longer technology.
因此,社会总是渴望新事物。
So society always wants new things.
如果你想致富,就要找出社会还不知道如何获得、但将来会需要的那类东西。
And if you want to be wealthy, you wanna figure out which one of those things you can provide for society that it does not yet know how to get, but it will want.
这对你来说是自然而然的,符合你的技能和能力范围。
That's natural to you and within your skill set, within your capabilities.
然后你必须想办法扩大规模。
And then you have to figure out how to scale it.
因为如果你只造出一个,那是远远不够的。
Because if you just build one of it, that's not enough.
你需要制造成千上万、甚至百万、千万甚至上亿个。
You gotta build thousands or hundreds of thousands or millions or billions of them.
让每个人都能拥有一个。
So everybody can have one.
史蒂夫·乔布斯和他的团队发现,社会会想要一种智能手机——一种能装在口袋里、具备百倍电话功能且易于使用的电脑。
Steve Jobs and his team, of course, figured out that society would want smartphones, computer in their pocket that had all the phone capability times a 100 and be easy to use.
于是他们找到了如何制造这种产品的方法,接着解决了如何规模化生产的问题,最终让每个发达国家公民,乃至每个发展中国家公民的口袋里都装上了一部。
So they figured out how to build that, and then they figured out how to scale it, and then they figured out how to get one into every first world citizen's pocket and eventually every third world citizen too.
因此,他们得到了丰厚的回报,苹果公司也成为世界上最有价值的公司。
And so because of that, they're handsomely rewarded, and Apple is the most valuable company in the world.
我试图这样表达:企业家的职责是尝试将高端产品推向大众市场。
The way I tried to put it was that the entrepreneur's job is to try to bring the high end to the mass market.
它最初是高端的。
It starts as high end.
首先,它源于一种创造力的行动。
First, it starts with an act of creativity.
首先,你只是因为自己想要而创造它。
First, you create it just because you want it.
你想要它,你知道如何制造它,而且你需要它。
You want it, and you know how to build it, and you need it.
所以你先为自己制造它。
And so you build it for yourself.
然后你再想办法把它推广给其他人。
Then you figure out how to get it to other people.
然后,有一段时间,富人拥有它。
And then for a little while, rich people have it.
比如,富人曾经有司机,然后他们有了黑色礼宾车。
Like, for example, rich people had chauffeurs, and then they had black town cars.
后来优步出现了,每个人都能拥有私人司机。
And then Uber came along, and everyone's private driver was available to everybody.
现在你甚至可以看到优步拼车取代了班车,因为它更方便。
And now you can even see Uber pools that are replacing shuttle buses because it's more convenient.
然后出现了电动滑板车,这甚至面向更低端的市场。
And then you get scooters, which are even for the down market of that.
所以你是对的。
So you're right.
这关乎将富人过去拥有的东西普及给每个人。
It's about distributing what rich people used to have to everybody.
但企业家的职责甚至在此之前就开始了,那就是创造。
But the entrepreneur's job starts even before that, which is creation.
创业本质上是从零开始创造新事物,预测社会会需要它,然后找到以盈利且可持续的方式将其推广给每个人的方法。
Entrepreneurship is essentially an act of creating something new from scratch, predicting the society will want it, and then figuring out how to scale it and get it to everybody in a profitable way and a self sustaining way.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。