本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嗯。
Yeah.
我认为有一种观念,认为赚钱是邪恶的。
I think there's this notion that making money is evil.
对吧?
Right?
这种想法根深蒂固,甚至追溯到‘金钱是万恶之源’这句话。
It's, like, rooted all the way back down to money is the root of all evil.
人们认为银行家偷走了我们的钱。
People think that the bankers steal our money.
你知道,某种程度上确实如此,因为在世界上很多地方,盗窃行为一直都在发生。
And, you know, it's somewhat true in that in a lot of the world, there's a lot of theft going on all the time.
从某种意义上说,世界的历史就是创造者与掠夺者之间的捕食者与猎物关系。
The history of the world, in some sense, is this predator prey relationship between makers and takers.
有些人出去创造事物、建设事物、努力工作,而另一些人则带着刀剑、枪支、税收、裙带资本主义、共产主义或其他手段出现。
There are people who go out and create things and build things and work hard on things, and then there are people who come along with a sword or a gun or taxes or crony capitalism or communism or what have you.
有各种各样的偷窃方式。
There's all these different methods to steal.
甚至在自然界中,寄生生物的数量也多于非寄生生物。
Even in nature, there are more parasites than there are nonparasitical organisms.
你体内有大量寄生生物靠你生存,其中更好的那些是共生关系。
You have ton of parasites in you who are living off of you, and the better ones are symbiotic.
它们会回馈一些东西,但还有很多只是在索取。
They're giving something back, but there are lot that are just taking.
这正是任何复杂系统构建的本质。
That's just the nature of how any complex system is built.
但我真正关注的是真正的财富创造。
But what I am basically focused on is true wealth creation.
这并不是关于攫取金钱。
It's not about taking money.
这不是关于从别人那里拿走什么,而是关于创造富足。
It's not about taking something from somebody else, but it's from creating abundance.
显然,工作数量和财富总量并不是固定的。
Obviously, there's not a finite number of jobs or a finite amount of wealth.
否则,我们至今还坐在洞穴里,琢磨着怎么分一块木柴,还有偶尔一头死鹿。
Otherwise, we will still be sitting around in caves, figuring out how to divide a piece of the firewood and, you know, the occasional dead deer.
因此,文明中的大部分财富——实际上,几乎全部财富——都是被创造出来的,而且它们都源自某个地方。
So most of the wealth in civilization, in fact, not most, basically, all of it has been created, and it got created from somewhere.
它们是由人创造出来的。
It got created from people.
它们是由技术创造出来的。
It got created from technology.
它们是由生产力创造出来的。
It got created from productivity.
它们是由辛勤工作创造出来的。
It got created from hard work.
所以,这种‘财富是被偷走的’观念,我认为是一种可怕的零和博弈,是那些试图提升社会地位的人所玩的游戏。
So this idea that is stolen is, I think, this horrible zero sum game that people who are trying to gain status play.
但现实是,每个人都可以变得富有,这一点我们可以从第一世界的人们几乎都比两百年前的任何人更富裕这一事实中看出。
But the reality is everyone can be rich, and we can see that by seeing that in the first world, everyone is basically richer than almost anyone who was alive two hundred years ago.
两百年前,没有人拥有抗生素,没有人有汽车,没有人有电,也没有人有iPhone。
Two hundred years ago, nobody had antibiotics, nobody had cars, nobody had electricity, nobody had the iPhone.
因此,所有这些发明都使我们整个人类变得更加富裕。
So all of these things are inventions that have made us wealthier as a species.
今天,我宁愿做一个第一世界国家的穷人,也不愿做路易十四时代法国的富人。
Today, I would rather be a poor person in a first world country than be a rich person in Louis the fourteenth's France.
我宁愿做今天的穷人,也不愿做那时的贵族。
I'd rather be a poor person today than aristocrat back then.
而这仅仅是因为财富的创造。
And that's just because of wealth creation.
技术的引擎是科学,其目的是创造富足。
The engine of technology is science that is applied for the purpose of creating abundance.
因此,我认为从根本上说,每个人都可以变得富有。
So I think fundamentally, everybody can be wealthy.
我想让你思考的思想实验是:想象一下,如果每个人都有优秀软件工程师和硬件工程师的知识。
And the thought experiment I want you to think through is imagine if everybody had the knowledge of a good software engineer and a good hardware engineer.
如果你能走出去,自己制造机器人、电脑、桥梁并为它们编程——假设每个人都懂这些技能,会怎样?
If you could go out there and you could build robots and computers and bridges and program them let's say every human knew how to do that.
你认为二十年后的社会会是什么样子?
What do you think society would look like in twenty years?
我猜测,会发生的是,我们会制造机器人、机器、软件和硬件来完成一切工作,所有人都将生活在极大的富足之中。
My guess is what would happen is we would build robots, machines, software, and hardware to do everything, and we would all be living in massive abundance.
我们本质上将处于退休状态,因为没有人再需要为基本生活需求而工作。
We would essentially be retired in the sense that none of us would have to work for any of the basics.
我们甚至会有机器人护士。
We'd even have robotic nurses.
我们会拥有由机器驱动的医院。
We'd have, like, machine driven hospitals.
我们会拥有自动驾驶汽车。
We'd have self driving cars.
我们会拥有完全自动化的农场。
We'd have farms that are a 100% automated.
我们会拥有清洁能源。
We'd have clean energy.
在那时,我们可以利用技术突破获得我们想要的一切。
So at that point, we could use technology breakthroughs to get everything that we wanted.
如果那时还有人工作,那是因为他们将工作作为一种表达创造力的方式。
And if anyone is still working at that point, they're working as a form of expressing their creativity.
他们工作是因为内心渴望贡献、创造和设计事物。
They're working because it's in them to contribute and to build and design things.
所以我不认为资本主义是邪恶的。
So I don't think capitalism is evil.
资本主义实际上是好的。
Capitalism is actually good.
只是它被劫持了。
It's just that it gets hijacked.
它被外部性的错误定价所劫持。
It gets hijacked by improper pricing of externalities.
它被不当的交易所劫持,这些交易本质上涉及腐败或垄断。
It gets hijacked by improper deals where that you basically have corruption or you have monopolies.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。