Naval - 选择聪明、充满活力且正直的合作伙伴 封面

选择聪明、充满活力且正直的合作伙伴

Pick Partners With Intelligence, Energy and Integrity

本集简介

选择拥有高智商、充沛精力和正直品格的合作伙伴,是三个不可妥协的要素。 • 挑选具备高智商、充沛精力和正直品格的商业伙伴 0:00 • 共事者的动力必须源自内在 1:18 • 正直体现在行动而非言辞 2:18 文字稿:http://nav.al/intelligence-energy-integrity

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

在选择合作伙伴时,我坚持三个不可妥协的标准:高智商、高能量和高诚信。

In terms of pick people to work with that have high intelligence, high energy, and high integrity, I find that's the three part checklist that you cannot compromise on.

Speaker 0

你需要一个聪明的人,否则你们会走向错误的方向,最终无法到达正确的目的地。

You need someone who's smart or they're heading in the wrong direction, and you're not gonna end up in the right place.

Speaker 0

你需要一个充满活力的人,因为世界上聪明但懒惰的人太多了。

You need someone high energy because the world is full of smart, lazy people.

Speaker 0

我们生活中都认识一些非常聪明的人,但他们就是起不来床,连动一下手指都不愿意。

We all know people in our lives who are really smart, but, you know, can't get out of bed or lift a finger.

Speaker 0

我们也认识一些精力极其旺盛但并不聪明的人。

And we also know people who are very high energy but not that smart.

Speaker 0

他们很努力,但却是朝着错误的方向奔跑。

So they work hard, but they're sort of running in the wrong direction.

Speaker 0

聪明并不是一个贬义词。

And smart, it's not a pejorative.

Speaker 0

它并不是说某人聪明,另一个人就愚蠢,而是指每个人在不同方面都有自己的聪明之处。

It's not meant to be like someone's smart, someone else is stupid, but it's more that everyone's smart at different things.

Speaker 0

所以,根据你想擅长的事情,你需要找到在那方面聪明的人。

So depending on what you wanna do well, you have to find someone who's smart at that thing.

Speaker 0

至于精力,很多时候,人们对某件事缺乏动力,但对其他事却很有动力。

And then energy, a lot of times, people are unmotivated for a specific thing, but they're not motivated for other things.

Speaker 0

例如,有人可能根本不情愿去上班、坐在办公室里,但却非常热衷于去画画。

So for example, someone might be really unmotivated to go to a job and sit in an office, but they might be really motivated to go paint.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

在这种情况下,他们应该去做画家。

Well, in that case, they should be a painter.

Speaker 0

他们应该把艺术作品发布到网上,想办法把这变成一份事业,而不是系上领带去干一份枯燥的工作。

They should be putting art up on the Internet, trying to figure out how to build a career out of that rather than wearing a collar around their neck and going to a dreary job.

Speaker 0

而高诚信是最重要的,因为如果你只有前两项,那你拥有的就是一个聪明又勤奋的骗子,他最终会欺骗你。

And then high integrity is the most important because otherwise, if you got the other two, what you have is you have a smart and hardworking crook who's eventually gonna cheat you.

Speaker 0

所以你必须判断这个人是否具有高诚信。

So you have to figure out the person's high integrity.

Speaker 0

正如我们所说,判断方法是通过信号,而信号是他们的行为,而不是他们说的话。

And as we talked about, the way you do that is through signals, and signals is what they do, not what they say.

Speaker 0

这些都是人们以为没人注意时所做的非语言行为。

It's all the nonverbal stuff that people do when they think nobody's looking.

Speaker 1

关于精力方面,萨姆·阿尔特曼之前提到过一个有趣的观点,他在谈论委派时说,委派的一个重要原则是,把任务交给真正擅长这件事的人。

With respect to the energy, there was this interesting thing from Sam Altman a while back where he was talking about delegation, and he was saying one of the important things for delegation is delegate to people who are actually good at the thing that you want them to do.

Speaker 1

这是最显而易见的事情,但似乎你更应该与那些天然就会做你希望他们做的事的人合作。

It's the most obvious thing, but it seems like you wanna partner with people who are naturally going to do the things that you want them to do.

Speaker 0

没错。

Yeah.

Speaker 0

如果我觉得某人对我想让他们做的事根本没有热情,我几乎不会创办公司、雇佣任何人或与他们合作。

I almost won't start a company or hire a person or work with somebody if I just don't think they're into what I want them to do.

Speaker 0

我年轻的时候,总想说服别人去做某些事。

When I was younger, I used to try and talk people into things.

Speaker 0

我曾以为你可以把某人说服去做一件事,但其实不行。

I was in this idea that you can sell someone into doing something, but you can't.

Speaker 0

你无法持续让他们保持动力。

You can't keep them motivated.

Speaker 0

你最初可以让他们受到鼓舞。

You can get them inspired initially.

Speaker 0

如果你像亨利五世那样的君主,试图让他们冲锋陷阵,然后他们自己去摸索,这或许可行。

It might work if you're a king like Henry the fifth, and you're trying to get them just charge in the battle, and then they'll figure it out.

Speaker 0

但如果你想长期保持某人的动力,这种动力必须来自内在。

But if you're trying to keep someone motivated for the long term, that motivation has to come intrinsically.

Speaker 0

你无法凭空创造它,如果他们缺乏这种内在动力,你也不能成为他们的拐杖。

You can't just create it nor can you be the crutch for them if they don't have that intrinsic motivation.

Speaker 0

所以你必须确保人们真正充满活力,并且愿意做你希望他们做的事,或者愿意与你合作。

So you have to make sure people actually are high energy and wanna do what you want them to do or what you wanna work with them.

Speaker 0

解读信号非常重要。

Reading signals is very, very important.

Speaker 0

信号是人们所做的,而不是他们所说的。

Signals are what people do despite what they say.

Speaker 0

因此,关注细微的信号非常重要。

So it's important to pay attention to subtle signals.

Speaker 0

我们在社交中都明白这一点。

We all know this socially.

Speaker 0

如果有人在餐厅里对服务员态度恶劣,那么他们对你态度恶劣也只是时间问题。

If someone treats a waiter or waitress in a restaurant really badly, then it's only a matter of time until they treat you badly.

Speaker 0

如果一个人对敌人进行报复且心怀怨恨,那么迟早他们会把你从朋友重新定义为敌人,让你感受到他们的怒火。

If somebody screws over an enemy and is vindictive towards them, well, it's only a matter of time before they redefine you from friend to enemy, and you feel their wrath.

Speaker 0

因此,愤怒、愤慨、怀恨在心、短视的人,在中年时期的许多互动中往往都是如此。

So angry, outraged, vindictive, short term thinking people are essentially that way in many interactions in middle life.

Speaker 0

人们往往出奇地一致。

People are oddly consistent.

Speaker 0

这是你会逐渐了解他们的特点之一。

It's one of the things you'll learn about them.

Speaker 0

因此,你要寻找那些长期可靠的人。

So you wanna find long term people.

Speaker 0

你要找那些看起来不讲道理但很有道德感的人。

You wanna find people who seem irrationally ethical.

Speaker 0

比如,我有一个朋友,我投资了他的公司,后来公司失败了,他本可以让所有投资者血本无归。

For example, I had one friend of mine whose company I invested in, and the company failed, and he could have wiped out all the investors.

Speaker 0

但他不断投入更多的个人资金,经历了三次转型。

But he kept putting more and more personal money in through three different pivots.

Speaker 0

他一直用自己的钱投入,直到公司最终成功。

He put personal money in until the company finally succeeded.

Speaker 0

在这个过程中,他从未让投资者蒙受损失。

And in the process, he never wiped out the investors.

Speaker 0

我一直对他心怀感激。

And I was always grateful to him for that.

Speaker 0

我当时说,哇。

I said, like, wow.

Speaker 0

你对投资者这么好,真是太了不起了。

That's amazing that, you know, you were so good to your investors.

Speaker 0

你没有让他们血本无归。

You didn't wipe them out.

Speaker 0

他对此感到被冒犯。

And he got offended by that.

Speaker 0

他说:我不是为你做的。

He said, I didn't do it for you.

Speaker 0

我不是为我的投资者做的。

I didn't do it for my investors.

Speaker 0

我是为自己做的。

I did it for me.

Speaker 0

这是我的自尊。

It's my own self esteem.

Speaker 0

这是我所在乎的。

It's what I care about.

Speaker 0

这就是我生活的方式。

That's how I live my life.

Speaker 0

这就是你想要共事的人。

That's the kind of person you wanna work with.

Speaker 0

我还有另一句喜欢的话,我发过一条推文提到这个。

Another quote that I like, I have a tweet on this.

Speaker 0

我觉得最近我好像在别的地方也读到过这句话,所以我不claim这个原创,但我稍微修改了一下,那就是自尊是你自己对自己的评价。

I think I read this somewhere else recently, so I'm not taking credit for this, but I kinda modified a little bit, which is that self esteem is a reputation that you have with yourself.

Speaker 0

你始终心里有数。

You'll always know.

Speaker 0

所以,善良、有道德、有伦理、容易相处、可靠的人往往拥有极高的自尊,因为他们对自己的声誉非常良好,并且他们明白这一点。

So good people, moral people, ethical people, easy to work with people, reliable people tend to have very high self esteem because they have very good reputation with themselves, and they understand that.

Speaker 0

这并不是自负。

It's not ego.

Speaker 0

自尊和自负是不同的事情,因为自负可能是名不副实的。

Self esteem and ego are different things because ego can be undeserving.

Speaker 0

但自尊至少让你觉得自己践行了内心的道德准则。

But self esteem, at least you feel like you lived up to your own internal moral code of ethics.

Speaker 0

因此,与那些低诚信的人合作非常困难。

And so it's very hard to work with people who end up being low integrity.

Speaker 0

而且很难分辨谁是高诚信、谁是低诚信的人。

And it's hard to figure out who's high integrity and low integrity.

Speaker 0

一般来说,一个人越强调自己道德高尚、有原则、诚信可靠,就越不可能真的如此。

Generally, the more someone is saying that they're moral and ethical and high integrity, the less likely they are to be that way.

Speaker 0

这非常像地位的展示。

It's very much like status signaling.

Speaker 0

如果你公然争取地位,公然谈论自己地位高,这恰恰是低地位的表现。

If you overtly bid for status, if you overtly talk about being high status, that is a low status move.

Speaker 0

如果你公开谈论自己多么诚实、可靠、值得信赖,那你很可能并不那么诚实和可信。

If you openly talk about how honest and reliable and trustworthy you are, you're probably not that honest and trustworthy.

Speaker 0

这是骗子的典型特征。

That is a characteristic of con men.

Speaker 0

所以,是的,选择一个可以与长期伙伴进行长期博弈的行业。

So, yeah, pick an industry in which you can play long term games with long term people.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客