本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
请问你有什么心理技巧吗?
Do you have any mind tricks, please?
我是安吉拉·达克沃斯。
I'm Angela Duckworth.
我是史蒂文·杜布纳。
I'm Steven Dubner.
您现在收听的是《没有愚蠢问题》节目。
And you're listening to no stupid questions.
今天节目的主题是:懒惰是否是个伪概念?
Today on the show, is laziness a false concept?
有时候作业真的是被狗吃掉了。
Sometimes a dog really did eat your homework.
对吧?
Okay?
还有,为什么我们独自在公共场所时会感到如此不自在?
Also, why do we feel so uncomfortable spending time alone in public places?
门票要几张?
Tickets, how many?
只要一张,先生。
Just one, please, sir.
安吉拉,有位叫苏珊·肯普的听众提了个问题。
Angela, a question from a listener named Susan Kemp.
至少这是她写信时用的名字
At least that's the name she's using to write
对我们来说。
to us under.
可能是个化名。
Could be a pseudonym.
据我们所知,可能是安吉拉·达克沃斯。
Might be Angela Duckworth for all we know.
引用苏珊·坎普的话来提问。
Quote Susan Kemp has this to ask.
你认为懒惰真的存在吗?
Do you think laziness is really a thing?
她写道。
She writes.
过去一年里,我一直在思考懒惰是否真实存在,还是我们为了某种目的——比如用新教式的负罪感鞭策自己做事——而创造出来的概念。
For the last year, I've been debating if laziness is real or just some concept we created in order to, I don't know, protestant guilt trip ourselves into doing things.
我已经喜欢上苏珊了。
I like Susan already.
假设有人不做作业。
Say that someone doesn't do their homework.
也许他们患有未确诊的睡眠障碍或长期睡眠不足,所以才无法集中注意力。
Maybe they have an undiagnosed sleep disorder or are chronically sleep deprived, and that's why they can't focus.
也许他们的饮食不规律,所以感到疲倦。
Maybe their diet is off, so they're tired.
也许他们只是因为学校早上7:30就开始上课而感到疲惫,而科学证明这很愚蠢。
Maybe they're just tired because school starts at 07:30AM, and science says that is stupid.
实际上,我认为科学研究表明,过早开始上课对部分人不利,但对其他人并非如此。
Actually, I think science says that early school start is bad for some people, but not others.
存在不同的作息类型。
There are different chronotypes.
是吗?
Yes?
不过总体而言,青少年往往属于晚起型人群。
Well, in general, though, adolescents tend to be later risers.
所以科学研究会认为,让大多数高中生7:30开始上课是愚蠢的。
So the science would say that starting school for most high school students at 07:30 is dumb.
好吧。
Okay.
所以在这点上她是对的。
So she's right on that.
这点上我错了。
I'm wrong on that.
她接着说,也许他们生活在社会经济条件较差的家庭,家里要么噪音很大,要么没有稳定的学习环境等等。
She continues, maybe they live in a poor socioeconomic situation where there's either a lot of noise at home or not a stable place to work, etcetera.
也许他们的同龄人不重视教育。
Maybe their peers don't value education.
即使他们选择打电子游戏,这难道不是更像多巴胺成瘾而非纯粹的懒惰吗?
Even if they opt for video games, isn't that more like dopamine are addictive rather than pure laziness?
所以我想问问,她写道。
So I thought I would ask, she writes.
安吉拉,我觉得这个问题非常有趣。
Angela, I find this to be an amazingly interesting question.
答案是什么?
What's the answer?
我喜欢苏珊·坎普提出的问题。
I love Susan Kemp's question.
我认为这取决于你如何定义懒惰。
I think that it depends on what you mean by laziness.
如果她是在问,我认为懒惰是真实存在的,还是新教内疚感的产物?
If she is asking, do I think laziness is really a thing or a protestant guilt trip?
你不可能说懒惰不是真实存在的。
There's no way you're gonna say that laziness isn't real.
你可是那位研究毅力的专家。
You're the grit lady.
当你称某人懒惰时,你认为我们真正想表达什么?
Well, when you call somebody lazy, what do you think we really mean?
我认为这意味着我们觉得他们不愿意投入工作。
I think it means that we don't think they're eager to put in the work.
我们观察到的是他们没有在工作,并据此推断或假设他们不想付出努力。
What we observe is that they're not working, and we are inferring or assuming that they don't want to put in the work.
然后她列举了所有可能导致相同行为的其他原因。
And then she's listing all these other reasons that could account for the same behavior.
也许他们无法投入工作。
Maybe they can't put in the work.
也许环境对他们不利。
Maybe circumstances are conspiring against them.
当我们称某人懒惰时,实际上是在对他们的动机和行动意愿做出评判。
There's a judgment that we're passing on someone when we call them lazy that is about their motivation, about the will to do something.
你觉得我们用'懒虫'这类贬义词时,真的是这个意思吗?
Do you think that that's what we mean when we use the word like, you lazy bum or whatever we say derogatorily?
我的直觉反应是否定的。
My gut response is no.
我个人认为懒惰确实存在,因为我对它太熟悉了。
I personally think that laziness is a thing because I'm very familiar with it.
你这话是什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
懒惰对你来说意味着什么?
What does lazy mean to you?
我的意思是,有些事情我觉得自己应该做。
What I mean by that is there are things that I feel I should do.
甚至有些事情我是想做的。
There are even things I would like to do.
但此刻,坐在沙发上看足球比赛更轻松也更惬意,这让我觉得自己很懒。
But right now, at this moment, it's a little easier and a little more satisfying to sit on the couch and turn on the football game, and that feels lazy.
我认为她关于(比如)高中生学业不佳的原因分析很有道理。
Now I think she makes many, many, many good points about the reasons why, for instance, a high schooler would not be doing well at school.
她的所有观察都集中在相对狭窄的具体情境里,比如不想做作业的青少年。
All of her observations were in that rather narrow or specific situation of, let's say, a teenager who doesn't wanna do their homework.
也许我们应该考虑得更广泛一些。
So maybe we should consider it a little bit more broadly.
除了那个不做作业的青少年和我想看足球比赛之外。
Besides the teenager not doing homework and me wanting to watch some football.
我们可以拓宽范围。
We can broaden it.
我们可以超越那个范围。
We can broaden beyond that.
但首先,我想认可并承认你那种感觉,就是觉得自己很懒。
But first, I wanna just honor and acknowledge that feeling that you've had, like you feel lazy.
顺便说一句,我并没有说这不是事实。
And by the way, I didn't say it wasn't a thing.
我只是说这取决于我们对懒惰的定义。
I just said it depends on what we mean by laziness.
你想告诉我我不懒吗?
Do you wanna tell me I'm not lazy?
因为我尊重你,如果你说这是真的,我会感觉好一些。
Because I respect you, and I'll feel better about myself if you say that's true.
嗯,我只是想先明确定义。
Well, I just wanna define terms.
我明白你说的感觉懒是什么意思。
I know what you mean to feel lazy.
最近有个周六我就感觉很懒,我知道这听起来像是——当然了,毕竟是周六。
I recently felt lazy on a full Saturday, and I know that sounds like, of course, it's Saturday.
但通常在周六,我会锻炼一下身体。
But usually on a Saturday, I get a workout in.
那是最棒的日子
That's the best day
因为没人会给你发邮件。
to work because people aren't sending you emails.
确实如此。
Exactly.
没有会议。
No meetings.
我就是在埋头苦干。
I'm just cranking.
所以我记得这个特别的周六,我懒散地躺着。
So I, on this particular Saturday, remember lounging around.
我拿起了报纸。
I picked up the newspaper.
真是懒散的行为。
Slothful behavior.
我随便翻到一个版面,不是我以为会喜欢的那个版面。
I opened it to a random section, not the section I thought was gonna be the section I would enjoy.
我就是随便翻开,开始读些随机的文章。
I just, like, opened it, started reading random articles.
然后不知怎么的一天就过去了,我上床时还在想,真是懒散的一天啊。
And then somehow the day passed, and I went to my bed thinking, like, what a lazy day.
因此我想承认并指出,懒惰感确实存在。
So I wanna honor and acknowledge and say that there's a reality to feeling lazy.
你感受过。
You felt it.
我感受过。
I felt it.
大多数人都曾感到懒惰。
Most people have felt lazy.
所以这必须是真实的,我们有时确实会感到懒惰。
So it has to be real and a thing in that we feel lazy sometimes.
也有可能定义为不愿投入工作的情况确实会在某些人身上发生。
It's also possibly true that defined as not really willing to put in the work must be true of people sometimes.
如果我想说,嘿。
If I wanna say, hey.
我女儿没完成的数学作业,她就是懒得做。
This math assignment that my daughter didn't do, she was too lazy to do.
当然,也有可能她只是不愿意用功。
Of course, it's possible that she wasn't willing to put in the work.
有可能。
It's possible.
但仅仅因为它存在
But just because it's a thing
并不意味着总是如此。
Doesn't mean it's always the thing.
确实如此。
Exactly.
所以,我认为苏珊提出的观点非常到位。
So, again, I think Susan raises really good points.
这很有趣。
It's interesting.
她的问题让我想起乔治·W·布什在NAACP演讲中引发的争议,他当时谈到要提高黑人学生的学业成就。
Her question reminded me of the controversy over the speech that George w Bush gave to the NAACP, and he was talking about wanting to increase black students' achievement.
他使用的'低期望值的温柔偏见'这个说法成为了争议焦点。
The phrase he used that became the source of the controversy was the soft bigotry of low expectations.
有些人反驳说这是对黑人学生的种族主义理解。
And some people pushed back on that saying it was a racist understanding of black students.
我认为他想表达的是设定标准并期望人们达到,而其他人则说可能需要考虑其他因素。
And I think what he was saying was you set a standard and expect people to get to it, and other people were saying, well, there might be some other factors to consider here.
我觉得苏珊在这里所做的,就是提醒我们注意许多可能被笼统归为'懒惰'但实际上往往并非如此的潜在干扰因素。
And I think that's what Susan is doing here is calling attention to a lot of potential confounding factors that we may lump in as, quote, laziness but often wouldn't be.
嗯,是的,那场演讲——虽然我不太了解——但你并没有特别提到懒惰。
Well, yeah, and that speech, which I don't know well, but you didn't talk about laziness in particular.
对吧?
Right?
没有。
No.
但我认为有些人觉得潜台词是:听着
But I think there were some who thought that the subtext was, hey.
加油。
Come on.
如果你再努力一点,就会做得更好。
If you just try a little bit harder, you'll do better.
低期望的温柔偏见。
The soft bigotry of low expectations.
这就是为什么它被称为偏见,而不是那种——你知道的——高期望的温柔激励。
That's why it was called bigotry, not the soft uplift of having, you know, high
对。
Right.
顺便问一句,是谁的期望?
And whose expectations, by the way?
确实如此。
Exactly.
所以我读过一些东西,而且我很了解。
So here's something I have read, and I do know well.
关于基本归因错误的研究文献表明,我们倾向于——我在这里犹豫只是因为我认为我们并不总是犯这个错误。
There's a research literature on the fundamental attribution error and our tendency to and I hesitate here only because I don't think we always make this error.
但有时我们会推断某人不想做某事,不愿意投入工作。
But we can sometimes infer that somebody didn't want to do something, didn't wanna put in the work.
对吧?
Right?
你没做作业,就是不够重视这份作业。
You didn't do your homework, didn't care enough to put in the assignment work.
但事实上,有些情况是情境性的,其根源并非你自身的主观行为。
But, really, there are circumstances that are situational and that are not your own motivated behavior that are at the source.
所以有时候作业真的被狗吃了。
So sometimes a dog really did eat your homework.
明白吗?
Okay?
应该说这种情况不常见。
Not often, we should say.
狗有很多其他东西可以吃。
Dogs have so many other things to eat.
根据我作为狗主人的经验,我尝试过喂它们很多东西。
In my experience as a dog owner, I've tried to feed them many things.
我们应该直接把作业放在狗面前,看看它们会不会吃。
We should just put homework in front of a dog and see if they ever eat it.
如果你在作业上涂些肝脏零食,我发现作业会更容易被吃掉。
If you smear the homework in some liver treats, then I find that the homework is much more readily eaten.
你能想象把作业涂满肝脏零食,希望狗会吃结果狗却不吃吗?
Can you imagine smearing your homework in liver treats, hoping your dog will eat it and the dog doesn't eat it?
然后你不得不把散发着肝脏味的作业交上去。
Then you have to bring it in and turn in your liver smelling homework.
另外,让狗吃这些东西可能对它的健康不好,不过我们跑题了。
Plus, it's probably just not good for the dog to be eating any of this, but we digress.
总之,我的观点是我们有时或经常可能...
Anyway, my point is that we can sometimes or often maybe.
你是说像e r r吗?
Did you say like e r r.
像伊拉克的古城巴比伦尼亚之类的?
Like the old city in Iraq, Babylonia, or wherever?
不是。
No.
是犯错的那个错。
Er as in to commit an error.
错。
Er.
哦,我们可以说'犯错是人之常情'?
Oh, we can To Er is human?
我发音错了吗?
Did I mispronounce that?
这是南泽西地区的另类发音。
It's a South Jersey alternate pronunciation.
好吧。
Okay.
犯错。
To Er.
既然苏珊能把新教徒的负罪感变成动词,我也可以发错音。
Well, if Susan can make Protestant guilt trip into a verb, I can mispronounce.
但总之,我的意思是我们可以从观察到的行为推断某种动机,但可能会出错。
But, anyway, my point is we can infer a certain motive for a behavior that we observe, and we can be wrong.
那么问题就来了,在哪些情况下某人没有付出努力,而我们可能错怪了他们?
And then the question would be, what are all the instances in which somebody doesn't put an effort and we may have been wrong?
比如,超出他们控制范围的情况,或者另一种并非懒惰的原因——单纯就是不想做。
Like, circumstances beyond their control, or there's another thing that's not laziness, and that's just not wanting to do it.
所以当我看到女儿把咖啡杯留在台面上时,我会说'天啊,你真懒'。
So I would say of my coffee cup leaving on the counter daughter, like, oh, you're so lazy.
而我丈夫杰森实际上指出:她只是不想把咖啡杯放进水槽。
And my husband actually Jason pointed out, she doesn't want to put the coffee cup in the sink.
她并不是太懒。
She's not too lazy.
她只是觉得这样做很蠢。
She just thinks it's dumb.
我猜他还会举出她生活中完全不懒的其他例子。
And I'm guessing he points to other examples in her life where she is not lazy at all.
他立刻指出我女儿不可能懒,因为在她真正关心的事情上——比如学业——她非常努力。
He immediately pointed out that my daughter can't be lazy because she works so incredibly hard at things that she does care about, like her academics.
她非常热爱大学里学的专业,和懒惰完全相反。
She really loves what she's studying in college, and she's the opposite of lazy.
所以我认为我们可能会误解人们行为的动机。
So I think that we can be wrong about why people do what they do.
我们可能低估了那些对我们不可见、但对当事人真实存在的情境因素的影响。
We can underestimate the effect of situational factors that are invisible to us but real to that person.
有时我们会误认为对方不愿付出努力,而实际上只是这个目标对那个人毫无价值。
And sometimes we infer an unwillingness to put in the work when the goal itself has no value for the person.
那不是懒惰。
And that's not laziness.
是有些情况,但不是懒惰。
It's something, but it's not laziness.
让我问你这个问题。
Let me ask you this.
坚韧的人是否有时或经常懒惰?
Are gritty people ever or often lazy?
我认为坚韧的人可能会被称为懒惰,或者被认为对他们不关心的无数事情表现懒惰。
I think gritty people could be called lazy or assumed to be lazy about all of the many, many, many, many, many things that that gritty person doesn't care about.
不过确实。
But yeah.
事实上,我认为坚韧的秘诀之一就是对你不在做的事情保持真正的懒惰。
In fact, I think that's part of the secret of grit is to actually be really lazy about all the things that you're not doing.
但我想,一个不‘懒惰’的理由——我意识到只要我们讨论这个话题,就会围绕这个定义产生分歧。
But I guess one reason not to be, quote, lazy, and I realize we're going to have issues around that definition as long as we talk about this topic.
但不懒惰的一个理由是避免陷入可能成为坏习惯的行为。
But one reason to not be lazy is so that you don't get locked into what could be bad habits.
比如,我记得那篇研究论文,讲的是伦敦地铁部分罢工时发生的情况。
I think of, for instance you remember the research paper about what happened when there was some kind of partial transit strike, I believe, in the London tube.
某些线路关闭了,通勤者不得不尝试不同的出行路线。
There were certain lines that were shut down, and so commuters had to try different ways of getting places.
我记得有5%的通勤者找到了更高效的路线。
And 5% of commuters, I think, found a more efficient route.
确实如此。
Exactly.
那里本可以进行一些优化,但如果他们固守旧习、不被推动的话,他们永远都不会去做这些优化。
There was some optimization to be done there that they never would have done had they stayed locked in their habit had they not been prodded out.
所以你不觉得可以这样认为吗:如果你少一点懒惰,就能让自己接触到更多选择,拥有更大的选择空间。
So don't you think that you could argue that if you're a little bit less lazy, you could expose yourself to more options, a larger choice set.
你阅读的每本书、思考的每个问题、交往的每个人都能让你变得更好,单凭这一点就足以成为你摆脱懒惰的理由。
Everything you read, everything you think about, every person you interact with could make you better off, and that alone would be a reason to prod yourself out of laziness.
要积累足够的激活能量去尝试新事物,学习新知识。
To get the energy of activation up enough to try something new, learn something.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
但请允许我提出反对意见。
But let me make the counterargument.
我指导过许多学生,也曾是那个过分积极、勤奋到反而养成低效习惯的学生。
I have supervised many students, and I have been the student who was so eager beaver, so industrious that, in fact, I fell into inefficient habits.
我也遇到过不介意多花六小时手工将一份文档笔记誊抄到另一份文档的学生,这种努力同样可能导致完全的低效率。
And I have had students who don't mind putting in the extra six hours of work to transcribe the notes from one document into another document by hand, and that can be a route to total inefficiency also.
所以有时懒惰反而能避免这种情况,因为正是懒惰的学生会说'肯定有更快的方法'。
So sometimes laziness can save you from that because it's the lazy student who says there's gotta be a faster way.
哦,对。
Oh, right.
复制粘贴。
Copy paste.
或许懒惰并无绝对的好坏之分,但我认为反思自己为何不想在周六做某事,或别人为何不愿将咖啡杯挪四英尺到水槽边,总是有益的。
And so maybe there is no rule about when laziness is good or bad, but I do think that introspecting about why it is that you don't wanna do something on a Saturday or why somebody else doesn't wanna move the coffee cup four feet to the sink is always useful.
当我回想起那个周六,我对丈夫说:天哪。
When I thought about that Saturday and I said to my husband, oh my god.
我记忆中从未有过持续整整十二小时的懒散时光。
I haven't had a lazy bout that lasted, you know, a full twelve hours.
记忆中到底发生了什么?
In memory, what is going on?
他说:我觉得你是精疲力竭了,并指出我最近一直睡眠不好。
He said, I think you're exhausted and pointed out to me that I hadn't been sleeping well.
所以这实际上很有帮助。
So that's actually useful.
我觉得新教那种罪恶感心理很有趣,因为理解自己为何不想做某事,总比直接产生负罪感要好。
I think the Protestant guilt trip thing is interesting because I think it is better to understand why you don't wanna do something than to immediately just feel guilty about it.
这些都很有道理,而且我认为苏珊对那些我们常称之为懒惰之人的质疑——尤其当他们不属于我们的圈子、世代或群体时——提供了很多论据甚至有力支持。
So that all makes sense, and I think there's a lot of argument or a lot of ammunition even to Susan's challenging of the people that we tend to call lazy, especially when they're people who are not in our circle, who are not in our generation, or not in our cohort in some way.
我明白这种抱怨可能过于宽泛。
I understand that it can be too broad a complaint.
话虽如此,如果某天我感到自己所谓的懒惰——比如明明有需要做、想做、或能为他人带来重大意义的事,却提不起劲去做。
That said, if I happen to feel on a given day what I would call lazy like, there are things, again, that I need to do, I wanna do, I wanna do something for someone else that would mean a lot to them, but I can't really motivate myself to do it.
你有什么心理技巧吗?求分享。
Do you have any mind tricks, please?
我认为,当你觉得如果做某件你并不真正想做的事会让大家都更好时,让这件事奏效的方法不是用‘应该’和‘必须’。
I think that in the circumstances when you think everyone will be better off if you do the thing that you don't really feel like doing, the way to get this to work is not to use ought and should.
实际上是要把它变成一种‘想要’。
It's actually to turn it into a want.
比如你可以设法让它变得有趣些,举例来说,你并不真的想写感谢信,但你觉得你应该写。
If you can make it somehow enjoyable say, for example, you don't really wanna write thank you notes, but you feel like you ought to.
加倍强调‘应该’不如设法让它变得更有乐趣。
Doubling the ought isn't as good as just making it somehow more pleasurable.
那具体要怎么做呢?
And how do you do that?
嗯,你可以播放音乐。
Well, you could play music.
你可以让家里某个人陪你一起写。
You could make somebody in your family do them with you.
你可以在信里加些粗俗的暗号。
You could add secret codes that are vulgar.
比如阴阳怪气的恭维话。
Backhanded compliments.
有各种方法可以让你的感谢信变得有趣。
There are all kinds of things you could do to make your thank you note.
但说实话,我自己的女儿们——我一直试图让她们写感谢信,用了很多‘应该’和‘必须’。
But, yeah, actually, my own daughters who I always tried to get them to write thank you notes, and I used a lot of ought and should.
真正让她们动手写的其实并不是这些说教。
It was actually not that that made them get down to it.
他们觉得手工制作感谢卡虽然在我看来效率极低,但确实更有乐趣。
They actually find it more fun to, what I find, incredibly inefficient, but hand make the thank you notes.
哦,那挺好的。
Oh, that's nice.
耗时是四倍。
Takes four times as long.
但实际上,这反而让它变成了一种需求,因为他们乐在其中。
But, actually, it makes it more into a want because that's enjoyable to them.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
我们的解决方案是允许发送感谢邮件。
Our solution to that was to allow thank you emails.
我觉得这很合理。
I think that's legit.
我觉得发条感谢短信也行。
I think even a thank you text.
嗯,这已经是我家人能给出的最大诚意了。
Well, that's the most you're ever gonna get from anyone in my family.
我就这么一说。
I'm just saying.
我会怀着万分感激收下,因为有点总比没有强无数倍。
I will take it with great appreciation because something beats nothing by an infinite amount.
有点总比没有强无数倍。
Something beats nothing by an infinite amount.
这是你编的吗?
Did you make that up?
是啊。
Yeah.
你喜欢吗?
Do you like it?
这句话真棒。
That's a great quote.
希望我没有抄袭别人,但我觉得是自己原创的。
I hope I'm not plagiarizing it off to someone, but I think I made it up.
确实太精彩了。
It's really wonderful.
今天还想再听你讲一句名言
I want one more quote from you today
好的。
Okay.
用来结束这期关于懒惰的话题。
To end this episode about laziness.
行吗?
Okay?
这里有几条关于懒惰的名言,你可能会喜欢。
So here's a couple quotes about laziness that I thought you might enjoy.
科比·布莱恩特曾说过,人们永远无法确定某句话是否真的被说过,因为名言总是那么模糊易逝。
Kobe Bryant apparently once said one never really knows if anybody has ever said anything because quotes are so amorphous and ephemeral.
但科比·布莱恩特曾说过,我无法理解懒惰的人。
But Kobe Bryant apparently once said, I can't relate to lazy people.
我们说的不是同一种语言。
We don't speak the same language.
我不明白你的意思。
I don't understand you.
我也不想理解你。
I don't want to understand you.
化妆品企业家赫莲娜·鲁宾斯坦据说曾说过,世上没有丑女人,只有懒女人。
Helena Rubinstein, the cosmetics entrepreneur, reportedly once said, there are no ugly women, only lazy ones.
我觉得她今天不会这么说了。
I don't think she'd say that today.
那么安吉拉·达克沃斯关于懒惰最经久不衰的名言会是什么呢?
So what will Angela Duckworth's most enduring quote about laziness be?
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
我不会替你做的,史蒂文。
I'm not gonna do it for you, Steven.
知道为什么吗?
You know why?
你懒得编造关于懒惰的名言。
You're too lazy to make up a quote about laziness.
要知道,编个简短精辟的引语要容易得多。
You know, it's much easier to have, like, a pithy little quote.
这可不太像自省啊,本·富兰克林。
That's kind of non introspective, you know, Ben Franklin.
懒惰让所有工作都变得困难。
Laziness makes every work difficult.
好吧。
Okay.
很好。
Great.
但我建议人们,当你感到懒惰时,问问为什么。
But I am asking people, when you feel lazy, ask why.
但这算不上精辟的格言。
But that's not a pithy quote.
就像幸运饼干里的签文一样。
It's like a fortune cookie.
我觉得这相当精辟。
I think that's pretty pithy.
而且这是个问题。
It's also a question.
我发现最好的格言都是问题形式。
I found the best quotes are questions.
当你感到懒惰时,先等等。
When you feel lazy wait.
刚才说的是什么来着?
What was it again?
看吧,这并不简洁。
See, it's not that pithy.
当你感到懒惰时,问问为什么。
When you feel lazy, ask why.
哦,这也不是个问题。
Oh, it wasn't a question either.
也许我能想出一个以L开头的词。
Maybe if I can figure out a word that starts with l.
比如,当你感到懒惰时,先问问,如果这个词是以L开头的话。
Like, when you feel lazy, ask, and then if it's starting with an l.
不要问你的懒惰能为你做什么。
Ask not what your lazy can do for you.
不。
No.
那样行不通。
That won't work.
不要问你的国家能为你做什么,而要问为什么你还躺在沙发上。
Ask not what your country can do for you, but why you're still on the couch.
不要问你的沙发能为你做什么。
Ask not what your couch can do for you.
好吧。
Alright.
我们会...我们会想办法的。
We'll we'll work on it.
我是说,你
I mean, you
知道,除非我们太懒。
know, unless we're too lazy.
在接下来的无愚蠢问题环节,史蒂文和安吉拉将对比孤独感与独处体验。
Still to come on no stupid questions, Steven and Angela contrast the feeling of being lonely with the experience of being alone.
或许我们需要一顶帽子,上面写着'我独处但不孤独'。
Maybe we need, like, a hat that says I'm alone, but not lonely.
安吉拉,很多人在公共场合独处时会感到不自在。
Angela, a lot of people are uncomfortable being alone in public.
他们觉得全世界都在看着他们,并暗自评判他们是个独处的失败者。
They feel the world is looking at them and kinda judging them to be a loser for being alone.
这种现象在青少年中尤为明显,尽管不仅限于他们。
And this seems especially prominent among adolescents, although not just them.
作为一个真正享受独处并认为适度独处对你有益的人,我很好奇,对于如何在公共场合更好地享受独处,你有什么建议吗?
So I, as someone who really enjoys being alone and thinks it can be really good for you in moderation at least, I'm curious, do you have any advice for people to feel better about being alone in public?
你是指比如在餐厅这样的场合?
So you mean, like, at a restaurant, for example.
对吧?
Right?
餐厅、博物馆、电影院,疫情前。
Restaurant, museum, movie, pre pandemic.
奇怪的是看电影反而更容易些,因为大部分时间你都坐在黑暗中。
Movie in a weird way is sort of easier because you're sitting in the dark most of the time.
是的。
Yeah.
当你在那里时,也许就在那一刻,比如说票,要多少张?
While you're there, but maybe just that moment when there are, like, tickets, how many?
然后你说一张。
And you say one.
先生,请给我一张就好。
Just one, please, sir.
但也许餐厅是最典型的例子。
But maybe restaurant is the most prominent example.
我觉得餐厅是最经典的场景,你知道的,比如'请给我一个人的位子'。
I think restaurant is the canonical, you know, like, table for one, please.
《周六夜现场》里不是有个小品吗?他们大声撤走另一套餐具,聚光灯就打在你身上。
Isn't there some Saturday Night Live sketch where they noisily take away the other setting, and there's this spotlight on you?
我认为餐厅场景之所以让人感触良多——当你独自用餐感觉所有人都在看你——是因为餐厅里人们都是与亲友共聚,这暗示着你没有朋友或在乎你的人。
I mean, I think that the reason why the restaurant scene where you're eating by yourself and you feel like everybody's looking at you is so emotional to think about is that people in a restaurant are with their friends or their family, and the implication would be that you don't have friends or people who care about you.
我觉得这才是真正触动心弦的关键。
I think that's the trigger that it's really hitting.
你同意这个观点吗?
Do you agree with that?
我认为完全正确。
I think that's exactly right.
我觉得这里面有两层含义。
And I think that there's two layers of this.
孤独是最负面的情绪之一。
Loneliness is one of the most negative emotions.
就我个人而言,在所有可能感受到的负面情绪中,比如恐惧,我认为孤独对我来说是最糟糕的。
And for me, personally, I think of all of the negative emotions you could feel, like terror, I think loneliness is the worst for me.
所以我完全理解为什么人们不愿经历孤独,也不希望被视为独来独往的人。
So I can certainly appreciate why people wouldn't wanna experience loneliness, and they don't wanna be perceived as being alone.
你既不想被看作是没有社交联系的人,也不想真正体验这种感受。
You don't wanna be judged as somebody who doesn't have connections to other people, but you also don't wanna experience it.
所以这是双重打击的糟糕体验。
So it's a double whammy of badness.
我很好奇为什么你觉得孤独是最糟糕的情绪?
I'm curious for you why loneliness is the worst emotion.
是过去的经历导致的吗?
Was it driven by experiences of it?
我是说,没人喜欢孤独,但为什么我会如此、如此、如此地想要避免它?
I mean, nobody likes being lonely, but why do I really, really, really want to avoid it?
说实话,我也不确定。
You know, I'm not sure.
不过我倒确实记得发现这种感觉的时刻。
I do remember the discovery of it, though.
我丈夫杰森有个习惯,每年感恩节晚餐结束后,他都会立即动身去多伦多见他最好的朋友。
So my husband, Jason, was in the habit of going to see his best friend who lives in Toronto, and he would go every Thanksgiving pretty much right after dinner was cleared.
然后他会在加拿大和这位朋友度过这个长周末的两三天时间。
And he would spend the next two or three days of this long weekend with his friend in Canada.
我想部分原因是我不知道他们那里是否庆祝感恩节。
And I guess partly it's because I don't know if they celebrate Thanksgiving there.
也许他们不庆祝。
Maybe they don't.
当时看起来似乎是个特别明智的出行时机。
It just seemed like a particularly clever time to go.
但现在回想起来,那显然是最糟糕的出行时间。
But in retrospect, of course, it was the worst time to go.
记得有一年感恩节,我们的孩子还小,但已经大到会特别期待和表兄弟姐妹们玩耍了。
And there's this one Thanksgiving where our kids were young, but, like, old enough to really look forward to playing with their cousins.
当时我正站在火车月台上。
And so I was on a train platform.
我刚把他们送到祖母家,那里有他们期待见到的表亲们。
I had just dropped them off at their grandmother's house with the cousins that they were looking forward to seeing being there.
你是要去赌场之类的地方吗?
You were going to a casino or something?
你要去哪里?
Where are you going?
呃,不是的。
Well, no.
事情是这样的。
Here's the thing.
我无处可去。
I didn't have anywhere.
我回家了。
I went home.
天气很冷。
It was cold.
天黑了,火车晚点了。
It was dark, and train was late.
后来火车终于来了,结果发现我站错了站台。
And then the train finally came, and turns out I was on the opposite side of the platform.
所以我不得不穿过站台重新等车。
So I had to, like, cross over and wait again.
我当时真的,真的为自己感到难过。
I was really, really feeling sorry for myself.
我想就是那天晚上我突然意识到,哇。
And I think it was that night that I discovered that, like, wow.
我真的很讨厌孤独的感觉。
I really hate being lonely.
展开剩余字幕(还有 166 条)
我们都能想到很多不想和别人在一起的时刻。
We can all think of plenty of times where we don't wanna be with other people.
但感恩节或是去风景优美的地方旅行时,不能与人分享真的让人非常非常难过。
But Thanksgiving or even traveling to a place of great beauty, there's something really, really sad about not being able to share.
你是否也觉得没有什么比感到孤独更糟糕的了?
Do you feel the same way that there's nothing worse than feeling lonely?
我想大体上是这样。
I guess I mostly do.
我确实认为孤独感在某种程度上被普遍误解了。
I do think that loneliness is a little bit misunderstood generally.
我们在《魔鬼经济学》电台节目中也讨论过一些,我觉得孤独这个概念被过度泛化了。
We've talked about it on Freakonomics Radio a bit, and I think that it's become a bigger blanket than maybe it should be.
你是说人们把‘孤独’这个词用在了其他含义上?
You mean people are using the term lonely when they mean something else?
嗯,我认为人们把个人偏好和情感状态混淆了。
Well, I think there's a bit of a confusion between preferences and emotions.
很多独处的人并不感到孤独,而很多身处人群中的人却可能依然孤独。
And a lot of people who are alone are not lonely, and a lot of people who are with other people can still be lonely.
比如现在选择独居的人比过去多得多,包括年轻人,有些人把这当作社会分裂和孤独的标志——看啊,人们居然想独自生活。
For instance, a lot more people live alone now than they used to, including young people, and that's been used as an indicator or a signal by some people that look how fractured and lonely our society is that people wanna live alone.
但事实上,如果你曾和兄弟姐妹挤一个房间或与室友合住过,就会明白独居其实是种难得的自由。
Whereas in fact, if you've ever lived with a bunch of siblings in a room or a bunch of roommates, you could imagine that living alone is actually an amazing opportunity.
实际上独居者往往更积极参与外界社交活动,他们的生活方式与合住者截然不同。
And in fact, people who live alone tend to participate a lot with people outside their home and doing things in a way that people who maybe live with other people don't do.
所以我认为人们混淆了‘主动选择独处’这个概念。
So I think there's conflation going on with the choice to spend time alone.
我几乎每天都独自工作,非常享受这种状态。
I spend almost all of my days pretty close to alone working, and I love it.
但与此同时,我也超级、超级、超级喜欢回家与家人团聚。
But then I love, love, love getting home to my family.
只有其中任何一种生活方式对我来说都不够。
All of one or the other would not work for me.
我明白你的意思了。
So I see what you're saying.
我确实觉得孤独感一旦袭来,几乎会让人崩溃。
I do feel that loneliness is an almost crippling emotion when you have it.
那种感觉就像全世界只剩你一个人。
It really feels like you are alone in the world.
你只是需要被看见。
You just need to be acknowledged.
那种感觉糟透了。
That is a terrible feeling.
话虽如此,正因为我们知道这种感觉很糟糕,所以可能容易把这种感受强加给实际上并非如此的人。
That said, I think that because we know that's a terrible feeling, we're maybe quick to ascribe it to others when they're not feeling that.
比如,如果你看到有人在餐厅独自用餐,你可能会想,啊,他们好孤独。
Like, if you see someone dining solo in a restaurant, you might think, like, oh, they're so lonely.
多可怜啊。
How horrible.
而他们可能完全没有这种感觉。
And they might not feel any of those things.
正是如此。
Exactly.
但正因为这是普遍反应,我觉得这让人们不愿意独处。
But because it's such a common response, I think it makes people unwilling to be alone.
我想说的是,就像生活中的一切事物,有代价的同时也可能有收获。
And I would say, as with anything in life, when there are costs, there can be benefits too.
所以,你知道的,我并不是主动选择独自旅行。
So, you know, I don't choose to travel alone.
我觉得我从未真正独自登上飞机或火车去某个地方,但因为工作原因,我确实经常独自出行。
I don't think I've ever really just gotten on a plane or a train by myself to just go somewhere, but I've done a ton of traveling by myself because of work.
而且我并不一定期待这种经历。
And I don't necessarily look forward to it.
但我要说的是,这些年来,我经历了很多原本不会有的体验和对话,无论是在陌生城市的餐厅独自用餐,还是独自去探索。
But I will say this, over the years, I've had a lot of experiences and conversations I never would have had, whether it's just eating alone in a restaurant in some foreign city or just going exploring.
所以这确实有它的好处。
So there is that upside.
我知道有研究表明,人们会错误预测与陌生人交谈的愉快程度。
I do know that there's research showing that striking up a conversation with a stranger, people mispredict how enjoyable that will be.
研究显示,当你真的这么做时,实际上平均而言你会感到很开心,或者会庆幸自己这么做了。
Research suggests that when you do that, you're really happy actually on average or you're glad you did it.
但如果你假设性地问人们,他们认为在飞机旅途中与邻座交谈后是否会感觉更好?
But when you ask people, hypothetically, do they think they're gonna be better off at the end of an airplane ride if they've talked to the person?
人们并不这么认为。
People don't think that.
他们的预测是错误的。
They mispredict.
没错。
Right.
独自思考、独自探索世界、将自己置于与固定社交圈时不同的情境中,这些都是有裨益的。
There are benefits to thinking on your own, to exploring the world alone, to putting yourself in situations that you wouldn't if you're with your prefabricated conversation partners.
因此我认为,独自面对世界的能力有时确实被低估了,但我觉得与之对抗的是这样一种观念:当我们看到独处的人时,总会让他们为此感到难堪。
And so I think that there's a real underappreciation of navigating the world alone sometimes, but I feel what presses against that is this perception that if we see someone who is alone, we make them feel bad about it.
所以或许存在某种机制。
So maybe there's, you know, a mechanism.
也许我们需要一顶帽子,上面写着'我独处但不孤独'。
Maybe we need, like, a hat that says, I'm alone, but not lonely.
当我们在公共场合表现自如时,关于他人如何看待我们的一个普遍真相是:我们往往高估了别人对我们的在意程度。
So when we are out in public and we are fine, one of the great general truths about how we're perceived by others is that we tend to overestimate how much anybody really cares at all anyway.
这就是聚光灯效应吗?
This is the spotlight effect?
聚光灯效应。
The spotlight effect.
没错。
Exactly.
我们以为所有人都在看我们,其实不然。
We assume everybody's looking at us, but no.
他们关注的是对自己更有趣的事物——也就是他们自己,同时还在担心别人怎么看待他们。
They're looking at something which is more interesting to them, which is themselves, and they're worrying about how other people are perceiving them.
我认为这是社会认知的一个普遍真理。
I think that is a general truth about social cognition.
多年前当我第一次读到聚光灯效应时,我想,哦,这真是独处时最该记住的事,因为你总觉得别人在关注你。
When I first read about the spotlight effect years ago, I thought, oh, that is such a great thing to think about when I'm alone because you think people are paying attention to me.
事实上根本没人会在意你。
The fact is that nobody gives a crap about you.
嗯,那确实帮到我了。
So, yeah, that helped me.
但我也在想是否存在应对机制。
But I also just wonder if there are coping mechanisms.
比如,那些独自在餐厅吃饭、想向世界展示自己很快乐的人,是否应该每隔几分钟就假装开怀大笑,来显示他们玩得多开心?
Like, should people who are eating alone in a restaurant and wanna signal to the world that they are happy, should they fake laugh uproariously every few minutes to just show what a great time they're having?
他们应该拍大腿吗?
Should they slap their knee?
鉴于聚光灯效应,最直白的建议就是别为此担心。
Well, the most obvious advice to give given the spotlight effect is just to not worry about it all.
对吧?
Right?
想做什么就做什么,因为没人在意。
Just do whatever you wanna do because nobody cares.
但有件事我建议你别做——当你周围有人而身边又没有同伴时,别用手机通话。
But I'll tell you one thing not to do, which is don't talk on your cell phone when other people are around and you are not with anyone else physically.
为什么不行?
Why not?
其中一个原因可以追溯到十多年前的一项非常巧妙的研究。
One reason is that and this insight goes back more than a decade to a study that was so clever.
有些人要么在听手机里预设好的对话——而且你只能听到一半内容,
There are people who are either listening to a staged conversation on a mobile phone, and you can only hear the half.
要么听不到对方在说什么,要么听不全整个对话。
You can't hear what the other person is saying or the full conversation.
问题是,哪一种更让人恼火?
And the question is, which is more annoying?
你可以这样认为:由于不知道数据如何呈现,听到完整对话会加倍恼人,因为你同时被两件事分散注意力。
You could argue, not knowing how the data come out, that hearing the full conversation is twice as annoying because you have two things that you are being distracted by.
但事实恰恰相反。
But it's the other way around.
对吧?
Right?
确实如此。
It is.
比我更优秀的科学家,比如丹·吉尔伯特在这个课题上推测,半段对话之所以比完整对话糟糕两倍或更甚,是因为我们总在试图脑补缺失的另一半内容。
And better scientists than me, certainly on this topic, like Dan Gilbert, have speculated that the reason why half a conversation is twice as bad or any way worse than the full conversation is that we are constantly trying to figure out what was the other half.
你无法完全适应这种情况,它不会像坐在咖啡厅里那样变成可以忽略的白噪音。
You can't just habituate to it, and it doesn't become white noise the way if you're sitting in a coffee shop and kind of tune out everything.
它更让人分心,因为你不得不自行补全对话的另一方。
It's more distracting because you're having to fill in the other side.
而且你永远无法完全预料到对话的走向。
And you never quite know what's gonna happen.
你以为对话会朝某个方向发展,结果却截然不同,所以你永远无法真正适应。
You thought the conversation was going one way, but it's going another, so you can never really habituate to it.
所以你是说,如果一个人独坐时通过打电话消遣,人们会对他评判得更严厉?
So you're saying that if you're sitting alone, occupying yourself by talking on the phone, people are gonna judge them even more harshly?
难道你不觉得难受吗?
Well, don't you feel bad?
比如,你有没有因为玩手机被骂过?
Like, have you ever been scolded for being on a cell phone?
我特别容易因为别人的手机通话而恼火,原因正是你刚才说的——大脑会不由自主地填补空白。其实我以前做得很好,我不该说我以前干的事。
I get very easily annoyed by other people's cell phone conversations for exactly the reason that you just discussed, which is that your brain can't help but try to fill in in fact, I used to do well, I shouldn't say what I used to do.
你绝对应该说说我以前的所作所为。
You should absolutely say what I used to do.
听着。
Look.
这非常幼稚,愚蠢。
It's very immature, silly.
后来有人专业地做了这事并拍了视频,非常搞笑。肯定还能找到——就是你拿着手机坐在他们旁边,假装自己是他们通话的另一方。
Somebody else did this later professionally and made videos of it that were very funny, I'm sure it can still be found, which is you sit next to them with your phone, and you pretend that you're on the other side of their conversation.
哦天啊。
Oh, gosh.
所以有个陌生人会说:'你记得解冻肉了吗?'
So there's a stranger that said, well, did you remember to defrost the meat?
然后我就会接话:'我半小时前就把肉拿出来了,但还是有点硬。'
And I would say, like, well, I took the meat out, like, half an hour ago, but it's still a little bit hard.
你才没有。
You did not.
我真这么干了。
I did.
是啊。
Yeah.
真的吗?
Really?
这很大胆。
That is bold.
你知道的,这是我妈妈教我的。
You know, I got this from my mom.
当她看到人们做那些她觉得...你懂的
When she saw people doing things that she thought were, you know
你主动承担起监督他们的责任。
You take it upon yourself to police them.
听着。
Listen.
绝大多数时候,他们的第一反应显然是:这混蛋是谁?
The vast majority of the time, their first response is obviously, who's this jerk?
而第二反应是:哦,好吧。
And their second response is, oh, yeah.
难怪。
No wonder.
我正坐在公共场所大喊大叫。
I'm sitting here yelling into a public place.
那你呢?
So what about you?
你会不会觉得不舒服,比如说在校园里吃饭时。
Are you uncomfortable eating let's say it's on campus.
要知道,你可是个大人物。
You know, you're a big shot.
你是一位教授。
You are a professor.
人们都认识你。
People know who you are.
但就在这一天,不知为何,你发现自己需要独自在公共场所用餐。
But on this day, for some reason, you find yourself needing to eat in a public place alone.
你对此有何感受?会怎么做?
How do you feel about it, and what do you do about it?
天哪。
Oh gosh.
这真的从未发生在我身上。
It has literally never happened to me.
不过你避而不谈的样子倒是很熟练。
It's interesting how well you do it avoiding it, though.
如果是我独自用餐——我是说在校外确实会发生这种情况,因为我通常会随便买点东西就回办公室吃。
If I were eating alone I mean, it does happen to me not on campus because I would just go pick something up and go back to my desk.
但如果被人看到独自用餐,没有一个像样的理由会不会让我感到难堪?
But if I were seen eating alone, would it make me feel bad without kind of an alibi as it were?
比如旅行时,你会觉得'当然是一个人'。
Like, if you're traveling, you're like, well, of course, I'm alone.
如果我在一家餐厅正儿八经用餐,而人们认出了我,我可能会觉得别人在琢磨:她为什么一个人吃饭?
If I had a full meal in a restaurant that people recognized who I was, I probably would feel like people would be wondering, like, why is she eating alone?
那会让我感到有点不舒服。
And then that would make me feel a little bit uncomfortable.
是的。
Yeah.
既然你已经让自己处于这种思考状态,你会做些什么来减轻他们对你有这种想法的不快?
And now that you've put yourself in that position of thinking, what would you do to feel less bad that they are thinking that about you?
你会违背自己先前的建议打这个电话吗?
Would you make a phone call against your earlier advice?
不会。
No.
我不会的。
I would not.
我不会打电话。
I wouldn't make a phone call.
我该怎么做?
What would I do?
我觉得你以后永远不会独自去餐厅吃饭。
I think you would never go to a restaurant alone ever is what you would do.
你永远不会让自己陷入这种境地。
You would never put yourself in this position.
我想这就是为什么我如此不知所措。
I think that's why I'm so at a loss.
我认为我们以为聚焦在自己身上的聚光灯——其实在意识到并非如此后——我会尝试把注意力转移到其他事情上。
I think the spotlight of attention that we think is on us beyond just, like, realizing it's not, I would try to put the spotlight of my attention on something else.
哦,你会看着其他独自吃饭的人说,他们真是一群失败者。
Oh, you'd look at all the other people eating alone and say, what a bunch of losers they are.
是的。
Yes.
你知道,除了我说的那句话——差不多就是‘别在意了’。
You know, beyond that one thing I said, which is, like, get over it.
对吧?
Right?
就像,没人在乎。
Like, nobody cares.
我觉得那是我能给出的最好建议。
I mean, I think that is my best advice.
广告之后,我们将对今天的谈话进行事实核查。
Coming up after the break, a fact check of today's conversation.
现在开始对今日对话进行事实核查。
And now here's a fact check of today's conversations.
安吉拉认为‘有总比没有强无数倍’这句话是她原创的,但她并不完全确定。
Angela thinks she came up with the quote something beats nothing by an infinite amount, but she wasn't entirely sure.
这个具体表述确实归功于她,但她可能潜意识里受到了小理查德1967年歌曲《一点点(总比什么都没有强)》的影响。
She does get credit for that specific wording, but she may have been subconsciously influenced by Little Richard's 1967 song, A Little Bit of Something, parentheses, beats a whole lot of nothing.
又或许她听过让·奈特1971年专辑《大人物先生》里的歌曲《一点点(总比什么都没有强)》。
Or perhaps she heard Jean Knight's song, a little bit of something, parentheses, is better than a whole lot of nothing that came out on her 1971 album, mister Big Stuff.
后来安吉拉提到《周六夜现场》的一个小品:孤独的食客可怜巴巴地坐着,服务员收走了另一副餐具。
Later, Angela references a Saturday night live sketch where a lone diner sits pathetically while a waiter removes the other setting.
我找不到这样的场景。
There's no such scene that I could locate.
不过,倒是有许多其他关于独自用餐的著名小品。
There are, however, many other famous sketches about dining alone.
米切尔和韦伯有个视频,大卫·米切尔拼命想说服餐厅里的其他人他确实有朋友。
Mitchell and Webb have a video where David Mitchell desperately tries to convince the other people in the restaurant that he does in fact have friends.
还有《周六夜现场》第四十五季中 parody 的'Food Dudes'广告,推销三个人体模型或'食物伙伴'来制造你和别人一起吃饭的假象。
There's also the Food Dudes commercial parody from season forty five of Saturday Night Live, which advertises three mannequins or food dudes to create the illusion that you're eating with other people.
然后是Key和Peele著名的点披萨小品,一个人点了好几份披萨,结果因为假装要和一大群人分享这份大订单而惹上麻烦。
And then there's the famous pizza order sketch from Key and Peele, where one man ordering several pizzas gets into trouble when he pretends he's sharing the large order with an entire party.
安吉拉还好奇加拿大人是否庆祝感恩节。
Angela also wonders if Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving.
他们确实庆祝,但加拿大感恩节在十月份,而美国人庆祝的时间要晚一个半月,在十一月。
They do, but Canadian Thanksgiving falls on the October, while Americans celebrate a month and a half later on the November.
实际上,加拿大感恩节在1859年就成为全国性节日,比美国感恩节早四年——后者是在葛底斯堡战役后,由亚伯拉罕·林肯确立为节日庆典的。
Actually, Canadian Thanksgiving became a national affair in 1859, four years earlier than American Thanksgiving, which became a holiday when Abraham Lincoln set the president for celebration after the Battle of Gettysburg.
最后,史蒂文斯说有位喜剧演员分享了他特别喜欢填补大声打电话的陌生人对话空档的癖好。
Finally, Stevens says that a comedian shared his particular affinity for filling in loud strangers' cell phone conversations.
这位喜剧演员是格雷戈里·本森。
That comic is Gregory Benson.
本森。
Benson.
他在YouTube上以他的制作公司'Mediocre Films'为账号分享视频。
He shares his videos on YouTube under the handle of his production company, Mediocre Films.
本森将这种恶作剧称为‘手机坠毁’。
Benson refers to this particular prank as cell phone crashing.
他的视频拥有数百万观看量,内容包括在机场、海滩、迪士尼乐园等众多地点进行的‘手机坠毁’恶作剧。
His videos have millions of views and include cell phone crashing in the airport, on the beach, at Disneyland, and many additional locations.
我们会在节目说明中链接几个我们最喜欢的视频。
We'll link to a couple of our favorites in the show notes.
事实核查环节到此结束。
That's it for the fact check.
《没有愚蠢问题》由Freakonomics Radio和Stitcher联合制作。
No stupid questions is produced by Freakonomics Radio and Stitcher.
本期节目由我——丽贝卡·李·道格拉斯制作。
This episode was produced by me, Rebecca Lee Douglas.
《没有愚蠢问题》是Freakonomics Radio网络的一部分。
No stupid questions is part of the Freakonomics Radio network.
我们的团队成员包括艾莉森·克雷格洛、格雷格·里彭、马克·麦克拉斯基、詹姆斯·福斯特和艾玛·特雷尔。
Our staff includes Alison Craiglow, Greg Ripon, Mark McCluskey, James Foster, and Emma Terrell.
我们的主题曲是Talking Heads乐队的《And She Was》。
Our theme song is And She Was by Talking Heads.
特别感谢大卫·伯恩和华纳查普尔音乐公司。
Special thanks to David Byrne and Warner Chappell Music.
如果您有想在未来节目中探讨的问题,请发送邮件至nsq@Freakonomics.com。
If you have a question for a future episode, please email it to nsq@Freakonomics.com.
如果您听到史蒂文或安吉拉提到的某项研究、专家或书籍想深入了解,可以访问freakonomics.com/nsq,我们整理了节目中所有重要参考资料链接。
And if you heard Steven or Angela reference a study, an expert, or a book that you'd like to learn more about, you can check out freakonomics.com/nsq, where we link to all of the major references that you heard about here today.
感谢收听。
Thanks for listening.
那项研究的建议是主动开启对话。
The advice from that research would be strike up a conversation.
你知道,我读了那项研究后心想,我还是不想被人搭话。
You know, I read that study, and I was like, I still don't wanna be talked to.
完全没被说服。
Was so stuck in does not convinced.
这里是Freakonomics Radio Network,揭示万物隐藏的一面。
The Freakonomics Radio Network, the hidden side of everything.
Stitcher。
Stitcher.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。