本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
女士们先生们,欢迎回到《不过度思考》节目。
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Not Overthinking.
Tamal,最近怎么样?
Tamal, what's been going on?
生活近况是什么?
What's a life update?
生活近况。
Life updates.
好的。
Alright.
让我们开始吧。
Let's get into it.
对我来说的一个生活近况——如果有人在YouTube上观看的话——就是我终于配了无框眼镜。
One life update for me, if people are watching on YouTube, is is that I finally got rimless glasses.
我一直想重新戴回无框眼镜
I've been wanting to bring rimless back
大约...你几年前在大学时不是戴过无框眼镜吗?
for about Didn't you have rimless glasses a few years ago when you were at university or something?
我感觉你谈论这个话题已经有一整天了。
I feel like you've been talking about this for about a day.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我很久以来一直在谈论让无框眼镜重新流行起来。
I've been talking about bringing rimless back for a very long time.
我就是找不到真正喜欢的款式,因为实际上大多数,你知道的,现在不太流行。
I just a, I couldn't find ones that I really liked, because actually most, you know, it's not very trendy right now.
就像你走进Ascentage或Qubits这类新潮的互联网风格店铺,他们都不做无框眼镜。
Like most sort of you walk into Ascentage or Qubits or all these kind of, you know, new age, you know, Internet style places, they're not doing rimless.
所以我一直找不到喜欢的款式,而且露西亚也反对了很久。
And so I I couldn't find a style I liked, and also Lucia was against it for a really long time.
但我们刚刚沿着本地商业街走了一圈。
But we just walked we walked down the local high street.
那里有家叫Insights的本地眼镜店。
There was a local opticians called Insights Opticians.
标志很土,就是普通眼镜店,不新潮,你知道的。
Shitty logo, like, just normal opticians, not trendy, you know, whatever.
我们得到了超棒的服务。
We got an amazing service.
店员人都超级好。
The people were, like, super nice.
他们很专业。
They know their stuff.
你知道的,他们都是些中年人。
You know, they're they're sort of middle aged people.
他们做验光师很久了。
They've been opticians for a long time.
他们那儿的无框眼镜款式不错,我挑到了几副喜欢的。
They, they had a good selection of rimless, and I found some rimless glasses that I liked.
我真的很喜欢。
I'm I'm just loving it.
看起来挺不错的。
It looks pretty good.
不过,我也不确定。
Although, I don't know.
感觉看起来差别不大。
I feel like it doesn't look that different.
你之前戴的是什么款式?
What were you wearing previously?
我之前戴的是那种金色边框的。
I mean, I had I had the, like, kinda gold rims.
镜框形状非常相似。
The shape was very similar.
好吧。
Okay.
行吧。
Fine.
形状是很像,不过之前是金色的。
Shape was very similar, but I had the gold yeah.
之前是金色镜框,但现在我是无框主义者了。
The gold frame, but, yeah, I'm a I'm a rimless rimless man.
你是个无框眼镜男?
You're a rimless man?
非常好。
Very good.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以这是一个新进展。
So that that's one update.
老兄,这真是
Man, that's
太棒了。
huge.
没错。
Yeah.
女宝宝几周前刚满一岁,现在大概13个月左右。
The baby girl turned one a few weeks ago, so she's now, like, 13 or something.
对。
Right.
她每周去托儿所几天。
She goes to nursery a couple of days a week.
她快会走路了。
She is almost walking.
她已经学会怎么给你亲亲了。
She's learned how to how to, like, give you a kiss.
所以如果你说,比如,哦,我能亲一下吗?
So if you say, like, oh, can I have a kiss?
她会,比如,亲在你指的任何地方,比如脸颊或其他部位,她会照做,然后给你一个吻。
She'll, like, put your where wherever you point, like, on your cheek or something, she'll go, and she'll, like, give you a kiss.
而且她知道她,比如,已经学会了怎么拥抱。
And she knows she she's, like, learned how to give a hug.
所以如果你要一个拥抱,她大概80%的时候会,比如,给你一个拥抱。
So if you ask for a hug, she'll, like, you know, probably 80% of the time give you a hug.
不错。
Nice.
所以这些就是,对,两个巨大的生活质量提升更新,亲吻和拥抱。
So those have been, yeah, two two huge updates in life quality of life improvements, the kissing and the hugging.
非常好。
Very nice.
还有其他重大更新吗?
Any other major updates?
是啊。
What does Yeah.
什么
What does
托儿所这个词指的是什么?
the word nursery refer to?
在我理解里,托儿所基本上就是,比如,一种为三岁以下孩子设立的类似学校的机构。
I in my head, nursery is basically, like, a sort of school type thing for p for kids under, I don't know, three.
所以这不是学前班?
So it's not preschool?
更像是托儿所。
It's like nursery.
对。
Yeah.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我之前不知道,
I didn't know,
老实说。
to be honest.
我觉得托儿所应该是,比如说,两岁以下的孩子去的。
I feel like nursery is let's say the nursery is, like, below age two.
可能学前班是三四岁左右。
Maybe preschool is, like, three, four.
真的吗?还是你瞎编的?
Legit, or are you just making this up?
我是瞎编的。
I'm making this up.
我是说,我不...我不...我觉得大家都是在瞎编。
I mean, I don't I I I don't I mean, I think everyone's just making it up.
对吧?
Right?
那么
So
当你说她去托儿所时,具体来说,从操作层面看是什么样的情况?
when you say she goes to nursery, like, what does that what does that look like, mechanically speaking?
那里有一家本地的蒙特梭利幼儿园。
So there's, like, a local Montessori nursery.
她每天早上8:30到那里。
She goes there by 08:30 in the morning.
她,就是,他们称之为工作。
She, like, does they call it they call it, like, work.
就是,他们有小型的蒙特梭利活动,但他们把它描述为工作。
So, like, they have the little Montessori activities, but, like, they they describe it as work.
所以,比如,如果一个宝宝想从另一个宝宝那里拿东西,那里的工作人员就会说,哦不行。
So, like, if if one of the babies is, like, trying to take the thing from the other baby, then the the people who work there will be like, oh, no.
那是某某的工作。
That's that's so and so's work.
你懂吗?
You know?
所以他们有个...是的。
And so they have a yeah.
他们有点...对。
They're kind of yeah.
这是个很棒的理念。
It's it's a great ethos.
我算是蒙台梭利体系的产物。
I'm I'm somewhat Montessori build.
我觉得应该让这家伙从推特转到播客来聊聊蒙台梭利教育和儿童教育之类的话题。
I think we should get this guy off of Twitter on the podcast to discuss Montessori and kids schooling and stuff like that.
对。
Yeah.
这家伙叫马特·贝特曼。
This guy, Matt Bateman.
你可能关注过他。
Maybe you follow him.
他其实参与了阿尔法学校这个项目。
So he's he's actually involved with this Alpha School thing.
他在德州负责运营阿尔法学校的一个分校,同时也融入了些蒙台梭利教育的理念。
He's kind of running a branch of Alpha School for but also kinda combined with Montessori in Texas or something like that.
嗯。
Yeah.
哦,不错。
Oh, nice.
是的。
Yeah.
所以正在筹备开办幼儿园。
So, yeah, starting starting some nursery.
现在我们每周大概有五天会有人帮忙照看伊萨,这样挺好的。
We now have kind of, like, five days a week of, like, someone helping out or looking after Isa, which is good.
所以,我每周有两天送她去托儿所。
So, like, my two days a week, she goes to nursery.
有一天是我妈妈照顾她。
One day, our mom looks after her.
还有一天是露西亚的妈妈照顾她,再有一天我们请了保姆。
One day, Lucia's mom looks after her, and one day, we have a nanny.
是的,这样的安排其实挺不错的。
And, yeah, it's so that's quite a nice setup.
不过我觉得,大概在她一岁左右,我们才真正把这个安排落实到位。
Whereas I I would say coming up to, like I'd say when she turned one, then we, like, kind of kicked off the setup properly.
大概在十到十二个月大的时候,她还太小不适合去托儿所,我们当时也没安排好这些事。
I'd say around the, like, ten ten to twelve months age, she was kind of too still too young for nursery, and we didn't have the setup, etcetera.
而且露西亚那时也开始慢慢重返工作岗位了。
And so and and Lucia had also, like, sort of started slowly going back to work.
所以我觉得十到十二个月那段时间我们特别忙。
And so I'd say ten to twelve months was where it felt like there was a lot on our plates.
但现在我们有了不错的安排,有其他人帮忙,这样我们就能有更多时间做自己的事,自由度也更高些。
But now I think we have a we have a good setup where there's other people involved, and so we can kinda do our own stuff a bit more to a bit more free a bit more freedoms.
嗯。
Yeah.
是啊。
What's yeah.
这就是我的近况。
That that's my update.
你呢,老兄?
What about you, mate?
你最近用什么技术栈?
What's your what's your stack these days?
最近流行什么技术栈?
What's stack these days?
那个女婴现在六个月大了。
So the baby girl is six months old.
她现在比几个月前有趣多了,会笑得更频繁,和她相处其实挺有意思的。
She is now much more entertaining than she was a few months ago, and that she, like, now smiles much more and is actually kind of fun hanging out with her.
而几个月前,和她相处还没那么有趣。
Whereas a few months ago, it wasn't that much fun hanging out with her.
大概只有十分钟的乐趣。
It was kinda fun for about ten minutes.
是啊。
Yeah.
然后
And then
就有点无聊了。
it kinda get bit boring.
所以现在大概能有二十分钟的乐趣。
So now now it's maybe fun for, like, twenty minutes.
不错。
Nice.
就是随便坐坐。
Just sort of sitting around.
我用小背带带她出去散步,她在背带里很乖。
And I took her on a little walk with a little carrier, and she's just quite pleasant in the carrier.
所以我们经常散步去本地咖啡店,买杯咖啡,或者来个蛋挞。
So we go for a walk to the local coffee shop, grab a coffee, or and or an egg tart.
就是
That's
她现在在喝宝宝奇诺吗?
Is she on the is she on the baby chino?
还没有。
Not quite.
还没呢,不过我打算...我准备要
Not quite yet, but I'm gonna I'm gonna get
让她尝尝。
her on it.
很快。
Soon.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们在这方面的安排是:有一位全职保姆——这很棒,还有一位说普通话的保姆每天上午来帮忙几小时。
Our stack on that front is that we have our full time helper, which is amazing, and we also have a Mandarin speaking nanny who comes in for a few hours each morning.
哦,不错。
Oh, cool.
这很方便,因为我们正试图给她植入普通话。
Which is handy because we're trying to incept Mandarin into her.
然后我们还想找个早期会说话的保姆,这在香港应该很容易实现,因为那里有大量巴基斯坦人口。
Then we wanna find an early speaking nanny at some point as well, which apparently should be very doable because there's a big Pakistani population in Hong Kong.
哦,那挺有意思的。
Oh, that's fun.
据说在生命最初几年,他们处于巅峰状态,天生就能轻松掌握语言。
Apparently, like, for, yeah, first few years of life, they're at a peak peak state to be able to just pick up languages by default.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以
So
如果我们能做到这点,那就太理想了。
if we can do that, that'll be ideal.
你会用乌尔都语和她交流吗?还是基本不说?
Do you speak Urdu with her or not really?
我的乌尔都语水平很有限,最多只能说我...
My Urdu is so limited that, like, I can I can say that I
不至于那么差吧?
don't think it's that limited, man?
我觉得和我水平差不多啊,也没那么糟糕。
I feel like it's it's the same as my Urdu, and it's, like, not that limited.
确实挺有限的。
It's pretty limited.
你觉得它有限制吗?
You think it's limited?
是的。
Yeah.
我是说,我和她说话时,我会用乌尔都语和她聊一点。
I mean, I speak to her I I speak Urdu with her a little bit.
我只是没有足够的词汇量来表达所有美好的事物。
I I just don't I don't have all the vocabulary to say, like, all the nice things.
就像,如果我和奶奶通电话,我会学到新词汇。
As I was like, if I'm on a call with Nani, I'll pick up new vocabulary.
而伊兹我会可能学到...是的。
And Izzy is I'll probably pick up the Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
格里亚拉尼。
Griarani.
你知道,就是这类东西。
You know, all that kind of stuff.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
这就是我们所谓的词汇堆栈,源自Nani。
So that's kind of our sort of vocab stack, which we get off of Nani.
是的。
Yep.
感觉相当不错。
It was quite nice.
对啊。
Yeah.
这就是小女友了。
So that's baby girlfriend.
除此之外,就是继续埋头苦干,伙计。
Otherwise, just, like, continuing the grind, mate.
没错。
Yeah.
那么,你对周期性工作存在危机感有什么看法?
Well, where where's your head on sort of your periodic work existential crises?
你现在是处于一个良好阶段吗?
Are you in, like, a a good phase right now?
还是我正处于
Or I'm a
现在是个好阶段。
good phase right now.
我有一个明确的目标要努力,所以我不需要想得太复杂。
I have I have a I have a clear goal to work towards, and so I I, like, don't need to think too too hard about it.
我是说,我总是需要认真思考,比如,我到底为什么要做YouTube视频等等。
I I mean, I I always need to think hard about, like, why am I really doing YouTube videos, etcetera, etcetera.
但是,就像
But, like
是啊。
Yeah.
所以最近有什么新进展?
So what's the what's what's the latest?
比如,你现在有什么项目和目标?
Like, what what are your projects and goals?
对。
Yeah.
我们新创办了这个叫'生活方式商学院'的'奋斗者大学'。
So we've got this new Hustlers University called the Lifestyle Business Academy that we've created.
我们买下了lifestylebusiness.com这个域名,所以我正努力成为,那个代表人物。
We bought the domain lifestylebusiness.com, so I'm trying to become, like, the guy.
不错。
Nice.
这挺酷的。
That's pretty cool.
是啊。
Yeah.
那个生活方式商业的代表人物。
The lifestyle business guy.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我们希望lifestylebusiness.com能成为一个中心,一个资源中心,类似于Indie Hackers,但面向更广泛的生活方式类业务。
And so we want lifestylebusiness.com to be, like, a hub, a resource hub, kinda like Indie Hackers, but for sort of broader lifestyle businesses.
你听说过Starter Story吗?
I kinda like have you come across Starter Story?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
有点像Starter Story之于Indie Hackers,但面向生活方式类业务。
Kinda like Starter Story means Indie Hackers, but and for for lifestyle businesses.
老兄,那太棒了。
Dude, that'd be awesome.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以我们已经启动了
And so we've kicked
关于这个,有没有什么好的播客推荐?
off Is there are there I'm sure are there are there good podcasts around that?
比如说,有没有类似《独立黑客》播客,但是讲生活方式创业的?
Like, is there an equivalent of the Indie Hackers podcast, but for running lifestyle businesses?
真的吗?
Really.
是啊。
Yeah.
其实...其实并没有。
There there there isn't really.
这个领域有几个人在做,但没有人真正能胜任。
There's a couple of people in the space, but no one no one is really going do the job.
还没有人真正脱颖而出。
No one's really broken out.
对。
Yeah.
所以,我们推出了类似导师计划的项目。
And so, yeah, we've launched our, like, sort of mentorship program.
第一期我们招收了30人。
And so we've got 30 people in the first cohort.
第二期我们又卖出了30个名额。
We've just sold another 30 spots to the second cohort.
其实还挺有意思的。
And it's actually quite fun.
所以我们有很多来自不同领域的公司专业人士,基本上都是第一次建立自己的在线业务。
So we've got it's like a lot of, like, corporate professional type people from all different, like, niches, basically setting up their own online businesses for the first time.
不错。
Nice.
他们在摸索如何找到自己的细分市场,如何设计产品方案,比如做内容、做推广。
And figuring out how to figure out their niche, how to figure out their offer, like, doing content, doing outreach.
这些都是在线业务。
It's it's all online businesses.
不是那种有人想开面包店,然后你帮他们做那种业务。
It's not like someone's trying to start a bakery and you're helping them with that or something.
不是。
No.
我们将其限定为一对一教练、一对一咨询或一对一服务的在线业务。
We are limiting it to sort of online businesses that are either one on one coaching, one on one consulting, or one on one service.
好的。
Okay.
每个客户的定价至少要达到2000美元。
That has to be priced at at least $2,000 per client.
我们的范围其实已经算很窄了,但即便如此还是很宽泛,因为我们基本上涵盖了所有教练/咨询/服务人员。
We have sort of narrow and even that is kind of quite broad because we're basically saying any coach consultant slash service person.
所以这有点棘手,因为范围太广了,但这样很好,因为我认为我们能为人们提供很多价值,帮助他们度过创业初期,努力让他们从零做到年收入10万美元。
So it's a little tricky because it's quite broad, but it's good because I think we can we're adding a lot of value to people and helping them out through that early stage of the process, trying to get them from zero to a 100 k a year in revenue.
好的。
Okay.
所以你进了霍斯托斯大学。
So you got the Hostos University.
是的。
Yep.
那些应用进展如何?
How how are the apps going?
你也在做B2C应用。
You're also doing the the B2C apps.
对吧?
Right?
对。
Yeah.
应用进展还不错。
The apps are going alright.
尽管我投入不多,但VoicePower仍在持续增长,这很棒。
VoicePower continues to grow despite my lack of input into it, which is amazing.
真不错。
How nice.
是啊。
Yeah.
它就是一个非常简洁、非常简单的产品。
It's just a very nice, very simple well, simple.
就像,它专注于做好一件事。
Like, a very like, it it does one thing really well.
是的。
Yeah.
那一定很令人满足。
That must be satisfying.
这确实非常令人满足,而且现在它就这么运作起来了,真是不可思议。
Which is very satisfying, and it just it just kind of works now, which is amazing.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我们推出了Momentum,表现还不错。
We launched Momentum, which did alright.
我们遇到了一些,
We've had a couple of,
比如那个习惯追踪的应用。
like the habit tracking one.
对吧?
Right?
那个习惯追踪的应用。
The habit tracking one.
是的。
Yeah.
我们在团队方面遇到了一些问题,比如开发人员想辞职单干之类的,你知道的,这类事情。
We've had a couple of sort of team issues on that front, with, like, stuff, like developers, wanting to do quit and do their own thing, you know, that kind of stuff.
所以我们当时就想,好吧。
So we're like, okay.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我们正在进行新一轮招聘,而且我们的Creator Grid表现相当不错。
We're doing another round of hiring for And we've got Creator Grid, which is doing pretty well.
那种
That sort
哦,是不是那个
of Oh, is that the
将网红营销作为一项技能。
influencer marketing as a skill.
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
所以我们是一个资源来源,是的。
So what we're a source Yeah.
我觉得那有着巨大的潜力。
I feel like that's got huge that's got huge potential.
确实如此。
It does.
它潜力巨大。
It's got huge potential.
是的。
Yes.
我们有很多品牌。
We have a lot of brands.
品牌方非常兴奋。
Brands are very excited.
我们已经有一批创作者在制作用户生成内容,品牌方看起来非常满意。
We've we're we've got a bunch of creators in there already doing, user generated content, and the brands seem very happy.
所以现在只是需要招募更多创作者,付给他们更多报酬,你知道的,所有这些事情。
So now it's just a case of recruiting more creators, paying them more money, you know, all of that all of that stuff.
所以我们大致上有这样一个架构,就像我们会有一套生产力应用工具,它们都能相互通信,中间有一个集中式的生产力教练层,然后我们还有创作者这块业务在旁边。
So we kinda have this stack of, like we've got we're gonna have, like, a productivity suite of apps that all, like, talk to each other with, like, a centralized productivity coach layer in the middle, and then we have the creator thing on the side.
所以这两块算是主要方向。
So those are kinda, like, the two strands.
而VoicePal更像是中间某个位置的产物,它最初只是个微型SaaS实验,但似乎运作得相当不错。
And VoicePal is just just a sort of, like, thing in the somewhere somewhere in the middle that was just the initial microSAS experiment that seems to be working pretty well.
没错。
Yep.
不错。
Nice.
你不觉得这些用户生成内容有点像是垃圾信息和广告吗?
Don't you find all this UGC stuff to be just a bit, like, slop and spammy?
对我来说,我觉得有点可悲的是,现在营销的主流趋势是找一群陌生人制作类似TikTok和Instagram短视频,有些是赞助内容但有时又标注不清。
Like, I find I like, to me, it's a bit sad that, like, in the current in the current sort of meta for marketing is that you get an army of randos to, like, make TikToks and Instagram reels that are, like, kinda sponsored, but sometimes not clearly.
嗯。
Mhmm.
然后你就指望,你知道的,这些由完全陌生人的500条短视频中有两条能火起来,接着,你知道的,你获得一些关注,然后你基本就是不断重复这个过程,这似乎就是现在营销的最佳方式。
And then you hope that, you know, two of these, you know, 500 reels by complete randos goes viral, and then, you know, you get some reach, then you kind of rinse and repeat, and, know, like, that seems to be the better for how to market stuff.
是啊。
Yeah.
这感觉真让人沮丧。
And it just seems depressing.
就像,别恨玩家,要恨就恨游戏规则本身。
Like, don't hate the player or hate the game.
我没有恨玩家,我没有恨玩家。
I'm not hating I am I'm not hating the player.
我恨的是这个游戏规则。
I'm hating the game.
不。
No.
我同意。
I agree.
确实有点反乌托邦的感觉,我们竟然走到了这一步。
It it does seem a little dystopian that that's where we that's what that is where we've come to.
是啊。
Yeah.
我的意思是,问题是,我觉得营销研究得越深入,就越觉得它反乌托邦。
I mean, what has the thing is, I I feel like the deeper you go into marketing, the more dystopian it seems.
因为,就像,任何这类关于文案写作或营销的书,基本上都是在利用人们的不安全感——先找出某个不安全感,然后放大问题,就像把钉子往他们的不安全感里拧,最后把你的产品定位为解决这个不安全感的方案。
Because, like, any of these things, books about copywriting or marketing and stuff, they're just it's basically like the the the classic thing is take an insecurity someone has, agitate the problem, like, twist twist the nail into the insecurity that they have, and then position your product as being, like, the solution to this insecurity.
所以你经常会看到很多人为制造的不安全感。
And so you get a lot of, like, manufacturing of insecurity.
总之,那个
And Anyhow, what
我想这就是B2C营销中那种不太光彩的阴暗面,不像B2B那样纯粹高雅,你知道,你只要提供一些有投资回报的价值,大家就都满意了。
I guess that's the the sort of seedy underbelly of b two c rather than the pure rarefied air of b two b where, you know, you just deliver some value with some ROI, and everyone's happy.
是啊。
Yeah.
当然。
Sure.
没错。
That's yeah.
这就是DC营销的问题所在。
That is the issue with DC marketing.
我试图在人们心中创造欲望,因为人们更倾向于解决痛苦,而不是主动追求...
I'm trying to create desire in people because people are more motivated to solve pain than they are to move towards, like, move
追求等等。
towards Wait.
关于这个话题我看到过一条特别搞笑的推文。
There was a really there was a really funny tweet I saw on this topic.
让我快速找出来给你看。
Let me just quickly let me bring it up.
我觉得你知道,就像在罗根节目里那样,我们需要有个,比如,有个随机的人,旁边那个盯着笔记本的家伙,然后他们会问他,嘿。
I feel like you know how on, like, Rogan and stuff, we need there's, like, the there's, like, the random man, the side man who's on the laptop, and then they ask him, hey.
嘿,约翰尼。
Hey, Johnny.
把那条推文调出来看看。
Bring up bring up that tweet.
我就说,嘿,约翰尼。
I'm like, hey, Johnny.
你能查一下吗?
Can you check that?
我觉得我们我们也需要有个这样的小弟,老兄。
And I feel like we we need our own guy like that, dude.
好吧。
Okay.
随便吧。
Whatever.
我找不到了。
I can't find it.
懒得费劲了。
I'm not gonna bother.
我可能晚点发给你。
I might send it to you later.
嗯。
Yeah.
你想解释一下这条推文吗?
Do you wanna explain the tweet?
还是
Or
它基本上就是顺着我刚才说的意思来的。
It was it was basically along the lines of what I was saying.
等等。
Wait.
我马上查一下,我点开快速查看我的私信。
I'll just check I'll click I'll very quickly check my DMs.
不过在我操作的时候...好的。
But while I'm doing that okay.
所以你涉足的领域相当广泛啊。
So you have you have your finger fingers in in a bunch of different pies.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,就单论uni c这一点,我平时不怎么上x.com,但最近几天我一直在浏览。
I mean, on just on the on the on the uni c point as well, I was I I don't spend a lot of time on on x.com, but last couple of days, I've been browsing it.
我一直在浏览,然后关注了所有这些用户生成内容,类似游击营销的推特账号,它们基本上都在讲某个应用因为做了什么而爆红之类的。
I've been browsing it, and I I came across I I I follow all of these, like, UGC like, sort of, like, guerilla marketing Twitter accounts that basically talk about this app went viral because they did blah blah blah.
其中一家应用公司做的就是用AI生成照片,比如漂亮女性的入狱照,然后配上标题说这个女人因为扇了孩子朋友耳光之类的事入狱了。
And so one of the things that one of these app companies did is that they get these AI generated photos, like mugshots of, like, attractive attractive women, and they caption it like, you know, this woman went to prison for, like, you know, slapping her kid's friend's head in or something like that.
人们就会说'哇,辣妹入狱照'。
And people are like, oh, hot girl mugshot.
然后他们点击那个东西,这样就能推广产品之类的。
And then they click on the thing, and then that, like, promotes the product or whatever.
这些人一直在大规模地做这种事,用无数个AI生成的女孩照片,像是入狱照,编造她们因为某某事入狱的随机故事来吸引眼球。
And this is, like, a thing that these guys have been doing at scale with, like, a zillion different, like, sort of AI generated girls on, like, mugshots, like, making up random stories that they went to prison for x y z as a way of getting attention.
然后我昨天看到了这个帖子。
And then and so I saw this thread yesterday.
今天早些时候我刷手机时,看到了那个帖子本身,大概有1800万次浏览,还是同一个女孩,说她在田纳西州孟菲斯因为某某事入狱之类的。
And earlier today while I was scrolling, I saw the post itself with, like, 18,000,000 views or something like that of the same girl saying that she went to prison in, like, Memphis, Tennessee or whatever for blah blah blah blah blah.
看起来评论区没人知道这是假的。
And seemingly, no one in the comments knew that this was fake.
他们都在说,笑死,没想到监狱里有这么漂亮的女人之类的,全是这种反应
They were all like, lol, you know, didn't realize they had women that attractive in prison, you know, all of all of that kind
的内容。
of stuff.
是啊。
Yeah.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
所有这些内容都在让这条推文越来越火,其实都只是某种卧室黑客行为的一部分,就是生成这些随机图片。
It was all the stuff that was just sort of making this tweet go more and more more and more viral, and it was all just part of this sort of, like, kind of hacker in the bedroom kind of thing, just generating all these, like, random images.
所以不要...这确实有点反乌托邦的感觉。
So don't It does it does seem a tad dystopian.
但你并没有,怎么说,在努力推进。
But you don't you're, like, cracking on.
你没有
You don't
工作。
work.
我是说,至少我们追求的影响力来源是真实的人,而不是AI机器人。
I mean, we're going for the at least the influences we have are, like, real people rather than AI bots.
是啊。
Yeah.
有道理
Fair
够了。
enough.
所以在那种情况下,这还说得过去。
So in that context, it's, like, fine.
而且我们非常明确要求必须披露等等这些。
And we we're very clear that you have to disclose blah blah blah.
因为我们合作的都是像Superhuman、To Doist这类相当成功的大品牌,他们不想做任何看起来像黑帽手段的事。
Because we work with quite, like, big, like, successful brands like Superhuman and To Doist and stuff, and they don't wanna do anything that looks black hat.
而如果你只是个从零做到10万什么的初创公司,确实。
Whereas if you're just, like, a start up going, like, zero to zero to 100 k or whatever, and Yeah.
那么你对确保所有披露条款到位这类事的意愿就会低得多。
Then you have a lot less desire to sort of make sure all the disclosures are there and all that stuff.
是啊。
Yeah.
你会接受那些AI美女垃圾内容。
You'll take the AI babe slop.
当然。
Sure.
没错。
Yeah.
所以
So
就是这样。
that's yeah.
这就是我们。
That's us.
那为什么...
So how come yeah.
所以你对工作上的事感觉还不错?
So you feel you're feeling good about the work stuff.
你现在没有被那种'我为什么要做这个'之类的想法困扰吧?
You're not plagued by, like, oh, why am I doing this and all that kind of stuff at the moment?
大体上?
Broadly?
大体上来说还不错。
Broadly, it's good.
我是说,我以为那个YouTube频道总是困扰着我。
I mean, on the I thought I the the YouTube channel always plagues me.
是啊。
Yeah.
周围有什么,
What's Around,
比如,其中的乐趣。
like, the fun of it.
但是什么
But What
你那边的工作流程是怎样的?
what's what's your regime there?
你
You
我的什么?
What's my what?
你的YouTube运营流程是什么?
What's your what's what's your your YouTube regime?
YouTube运营流程是
YouTube regime is
我们大概有,一个
we have, like, one
每周一到两个拍摄日,尽量制作有用的内容。
or two filming days a week and try and make stuff that's useful.
这差不多就是我们的使命。
That's kind of the mandate.
那么,这个频道还在增长吗?
And, like, is the channel growing?
它还是你整体事业中的重要部分吗?
Like, is this still a important part of your overall thing?
是的。
Yeah.
频道确实在增长。
The channel is growing.
我是说,订阅数在增加,但观看量从疫情开始这几年来一直停滞不前。
I mean, subscriber count grows, but, like, views have plateaued stayed plateaued for the last, like, few years since the pandemic.
哦,真的吗?
Oh, really?
是啊。
Yeah.
所以确实如此。
So yeah.
我的意思是,我们现在制作的内容变少了。
I mean, we're we're we're making less content.
因此实际上,观看量比两年前我们产出翻倍时下降了。
Therefore, actually, views are down views are down from what they were, like, two years ago when when we had, like, doubled the output.
所以,我觉得我的YouTube频道从宏观来看正处于下滑趋势。
So, yeah, I feel I feel like I'm on sort of my YouTube channel is on a decline trajectory if I think about, like, the grand the grand scheme of things.
好的。
Okay.
我认为,从2017年到2023年,2022年大概是增长期。
I think, yeah, 2017 through to 2023, 2022 was probably, like, growth.
2022、2023年大概是平台期,现在我们正处在下行趋势中。
2022, 2023 was probably plateau, and now we're sort of just sort of riding the downward trend.
什么?
The what?
这叫受控衰退。
That's called managed decline.
受控衰退。
Managed decline.
这是个术语吗。
It was that a thing.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
这就是我最近一直在思考的事情。
So that's the kind of stuff I've been thinking about.
我就想,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
所以如果我们想继续尝试发展YouTube频道,需要付出什么?
So if we want to if we were to continue to try and grow grow the YouTube channel, like, what would it take?
我认为那个只要对着镜头谈论我刚读过的书就能获得几十万观看量的时代。
And I think the era of I can just literally talk to a camera and say useful things about a book that I've just read and get hundreds of thousands of views.
那个时代已经结束了。
That era is now gone.
现在的情况就是,好吧。
And it's like, okay.
可能我们只能获得1到20万的观看量,而不是50万那种。平台正变得越来越饱和。
Maybe maybe we'll only get, like, one to 200,000 views for that rather than, like, 500,000 views for that sort of The platform gets more and more saturated over time.
现在观众流失很严重,当人们在街上认出我时。
Audience churn happens these days when people come up to me on the street.
他们不会说'我喜欢你的内容'。
They don't say, I love your content.
他们会说'我以前常看你的内容'。
They say, I used to watch your content.
你知道,就是那种情况。
You know, that kind of thing.
所以这一切都像是...
So it's just like all of these
不同的 是的。
different Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
在那种情况下还行
Fine where it's like
是的。
Yeah.
与此同时,仍然有新人不断加入。
And then at the same time, there are still new people coming in.
所以如果我做一个通用的时间管理技巧视频,新人们也会看到。
So And if I do a generic time management tips video, it will be seen by new people.
他们会觉得,哇哦。
And they're like, woah.
太震撼了。
Mind blown.
但是,这也是我过去五年一直在重复的内容。
But, also, it's the same content I've been I've been rehashing for the last five years.
所以这大概就是我的,嗯 是的。
So this is sort of my, like Yeah.
与它的一种关系。
Kind of relationship with it.
但你在多大程度上认为自己是一个YouTuber呢?
But how much how much do you see yourself as, like, a YouTuber?
如果YouTube逐渐没落,你只专注于其他项目,你会在意吗?
Like, do you care if YouTube just kind of fades away and you just have your other projects?
并不特别在意。
Not especially.
我认为过去一年里,我的身份已经从YouTuber转变为企业家了。
I I think over the last year, I've shifted my identity away from kind of YouTuber first to thinking of myself as an entrepreneur.
是的。
Yep.
所以我真正在意的是,作为一个生活方式企业家。
And so, really, what I care about is, like, lifestyle businessman.
我想要每年赚几百万利润,基本上就是做些我觉得有趣又有活力的事,和酷炫的人一起工作。
It's like, I wanna do a few million in profit a year or a couple million in profit a year, basically doing stuff that I think is fun and energizing, working with cool people.
嗯。
Yeah.
至于具体是什么平台、数字如何,我其实相当无所谓。
And I'm fairly agnostic as to what the platform is and what the numbers are beyond that.
显然我们现在在做YouTube视频,所以希望频道表现好。
Obviously, we're doing YouTube videos, so we want we want the channel to do well.
我们也在做Instagram。
We're doing Instagram.
希望它也能表现好。
We want it to do well.
我们现在也在关注领英平台。
We're now focusing on LinkedIn as well.
我们希望它能表现良好。
We want that to do well.
这三个算是我们的主要平台。
Those are our three kind of primary platforms.
显然,出于各种原因我们仍想扩大邮件订阅列表。
Obviously, we still wanna grow the email list for various reasons.
所以就像,没错,这就是一套组合拳,雷。
And so it's like, yeah, That's that's a stack, Ray.
是啊。
Yeah.
我最近一直在考虑我的下一阶段规划。
I've been I've been thinking about sort of my next act a little bit.
对。
Yeah.
我发现自从公司出售以来已经过去一年了。
I've I've found that so it's now been a year since we sold the company.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你知道,我们正在LucaNet推进一些项目。
And, you know, we're kind of plowing ahead with stuff at LucaNet.
而我发现...我开始有种感觉,就是有点脱离了这个圈子的节奏。
And I found well, one thing I've started to feel is, like, just kind of a bit unplugged from the scene.
你知道吗?
You know?
回想我们做因果分析的时候,你会自然而然地接触到科技圈及周边的人,比如遇到其他创始人、你想招聘的人、投资者等等。
I think I think back when we were doing causal, you just sort of organically sort of meet meet people in tech and adjacent, you know, whether that's meeting, like, other founders or meeting people you're trying to hire or, like, investors or whatever.
就像你自然而然地融入其中,每周都会遇到一些人,掌握行业脉搏,感觉自己就在竞技场中。
Like, you're you're just kind of plugged in organically, and you're just sitting here every week, you'd, meet some people, and you kind of have your finger on the pulse, and you're sort of in the arena.
但现在自从一年前卖掉公司后,就失去了那种自然而然接触同行的机制。
And I think now, since a a year since sort of selling the company, there's no like, there's there's no like organic mechanism for just, like, meeting people in the same way.
所以我觉得...确实如此。
And so I think I've kind of felt like yeah.
我感觉自己有点跟不上节奏了。
I've I've kind of felt just a bit, like, out of the loop.
因此我想...我觉得我决定了,我想要做些科技相关的事情。
And so I feel like I wanna I I think I've I've kinda decided, look, I I wanna be doing some tech stuff.
我认为开发科技产品是...你知道的,我很享受这些事情。
I think building tech stuff is, you know, I enjoy that I enjoy that stuff.
我一直都想从事这方面的工作。
I'd always wanna wanna do something around that.
所以现在我感觉,好吧。
And so now I now I feel like, okay.
我需要重新回到这个圈子,回到竞技场,重新开始接触人,开始思考...你知道的,在Luke和Ann之后,下一篇章是什么。
I need to, like, get back on the scene, back in the arena, meet start meeting people again, start figuring out, you know, what's what's the next act, you know, post Luke and Ann eventually.
不过,是的,我确实对这种脱节的感觉感到惊讶,这种...怎么说呢。
But, yeah, I I was I was surprised at this thing of, like, feeling out of the loop and and feeling sort of yeah.
就是,有那么一点点,就是,不太相关。
Like, just a bit, like, not relevant.
懂吗?
You know?
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
我呢,我在想,当我在那个圈子里混的时候,参加活动、认识人、做各种事情的时候,我其实没有意识到,能成为那个圈子的一部分,和人建立联系,通过这种方式交朋友,参与其中,其实是件挺不错的事。
And I and I think while while I was, like, in the loop and on the scene and doing stuff and meeting people, I think I didn't I didn't appreciate that actually, that's actually quite it's quite nice to, like, be part of the scene and, you know, net network with people and, like, make friends that way and, you know, that kind of just just, like, be be involved in a scene.
懂吗?
You know?
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
但现在我不在那个圈子里了,我就觉得,是啊老兄。
And now I'm not and now I'm out of the scene, and I'm like, yeah, man.
曾经在那个圈子里感觉真好。
It was nice to be in the scene.
你知道,无论是什么你关心的圈子,想想看。
You know, whatever whatever the scene is that you you care about and, you know, thinking about it.
不在圈子里了?
Out of the scene?
就是,是什么让你离开了那个圈子?
Like, what's caused you to become out of the scene?
嗯,你一旦卖掉公司,他们就不让你再参加那些活动了。
Well, you So that once you sell a company, they no longer allow you to hang out at the events.
或者
Or
哦,不。
Oh, no.
不。
No.
是的。
Yeah.
我是说,你仍然可以做那些事。
I mean, you could still do all that stuff.
只是没有那种自然而然的必要去做。
There's just there's just no, like, organic need to do it.
懂吗?
You know?
就像,是的。
Like Yeah.
当你经营公司时,你会自然而然地遇到其他创始人,他们可能想要建议或什么,或者你想从他们那里得到建议。
When you're, like, running the company, you're sort of, you know, organically meeting other founders who, like, you know, might want, like, advice or something, or you want advice from them.
嗯。
Mhmm.
或者你会遇到投资者,或者你想招聘的人。
Or you're, like, meeting investors, or you're meeting people that you wanna hire.
所以就是,没错,就是有些实际工作相关的需求要见人并参与其中。
And so there's just, yeah, there's just kind of, like, actual work related needs to meet people and engage in the scene.
是的。
Yep.
现在那些东西差不多都消失了。
And now those are kind of gone.
是的。
Yep.
我感觉...我感觉场景中有些空荡荡的。
And I'm feeling I'm feeling a bit of the emptiness of the scene.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但我...我...我觉得...我认为社交网络就像...我觉得我严重低估了社交网络的价值。
But I but I I I also feel I I I think networking is like I I think I've really undervalued networking.
比如,我觉得...你知道,这些年我其实通过偶然机会做了不少社交。
Like, I I think I've, you know, I've done a fair bit of it over the over the years through causal.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但我从未把它看作是...嘿,
But I never saw it as like, hey.
我可能应该...我可能应该每周约一两个酷或有趣的人喝咖啡或吃早餐,就像...每周都这样,作为充实生活的一部分。
I should be probably, like I I should probably be meeting, like, one or two cool or interesting people per week for, like, coffee or breakfast, like, every single week just as a as part of a well rounded life.
你知道吗?
You know?
我觉得...我觉得现在...现在我
I think I think now now I
专业人士是这么想的吗?
Is that how is that how the pros think about it?
因为我听人说过,CEO应该会见那些你可能想聘为合作伙伴的候选人,作为平衡生活的一部分。
Because I've heard people say that, like, you know, a CEO should be meeting candidates that you could potentially wanna hire a partner with as part of a well balanced life.
但是
But
是的。
Yeah.
所以我认为真正的专业人士基本上会这么想,现在我也逐渐意识到,嘿。
So I think I think the real I think the real pros to basically think of it that way, and I think I think now it's kind of dawned on me that, like, hey.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我想我可能未来几十年都会参与或想要参与技术相关的事情。
I think I probably wanna be doing I'm I'm probably gonna be involved in or I want to be involved in doing tech stuff, like, you know, for the next few decades.
这不是会从我生活中消失的东西。
Like, it's not something it's not something that's going away from my life.
所以现在我的心态有点像,好吧。
And so now my mindset is kind of like, okay.
既然如此,我当然应该去见那些在做很酷事情的人,是的。
So, you know, give given that, like, of course, I should be, like, meeting people who are doing cool stuff and Yeah.
你知道,无论
You know, whether whether
有很多人。
there's a lot of people.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
只是在考虑更长远的事情,我是说,目前我最主要的就是想了解现状。
Just thinking much much more longer term about a a, I mean, I think my my main thing right now is, like, I just wanna know what's going on.
懂吗?
You know?
现在有这么多疯狂的AI公司成立,人们在做一些非常疯狂的事情。
Like, there's all these, like, crazy AI companies being started, like, people doing some, like, really crazy stuff.
嗯。
Mhmm.
而我呢,有点跟不上节奏了。
And I'm, you know, I'm kind of, like, a bit out of the loop.
对。
Yep.
所以我就想跟上现在的趋势
And so I just wanna, like, catch up on what's kinda going on
除了推特之外。
and other than Twitter.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
确实。
Exactly.
但后来,是的,我是说,不管那是不是像,嗯。
But then, yeah, I mean, whether that's like yeah.
长远来看,你知道,卢卡斯和我对将来某个时候再创办一家公司相当感兴趣。
That down the line, you know, Lucas and I are quite interested in starting another company at some point.
然后,你知道,如果我们完全退出这个圈子两三年,然后突然出现并开始创办新公司、试图招聘人才,那情况会与我们一直活跃在圈内、认识很多人等等的情况大不相同。
Then, you know, if if we're just, like, completely out of the scene for, like, two, three years, and then we just, like, emerge and we're, like, starting a new company and trying to hire people, it'd be very different than, like, if we if we'd, like we've, like, been on the scene, we know a bunch of people, you know, etcetera.
那么
So
嗯。
Mhmm.
是啊。
Yeah.
我觉得我已经完全沉迷于社交网络了,我记得有几期播客里,那些比我更早沉迷的人谈到他们几乎无时无刻不在进行社交网络活动。
I think I'm I'm quite networking pilled, and I think there's been a few podcasts type things where people who have been networking pilled for much longer talk about, like, just how constant how constantly they're networking.
没错。
Yep.
这让我不禁感叹。
Where I've kind of been like, damn.
是啊。
Yeah.
这实际上是个相当不错的策略。
That's actually a pretty good move.
而且我觉得科技圈的一个好处是,我想大多数听众可能都对'社交'这个概念有些反感。
And then and the nice thing I think the nice thing about the tech scene is that I I think most people may probably most people listening to this will have an aversion to the idea of networking.
我记得在大学时,这个词几乎带点贬义。
I remember at university, like, it was kind of a dirty word.
我是说,那些对职业发展有追求的人确实在这么做,他们不在乎这些。
I mean, the people who the people who were driven and motivated about their careers, they were doing it, and they didn't care.
但其他人就会觉得,天啊。
But everyone else was kinda like, oh, oh my god.
哦,你要去参加社交活动啊。
Oh, you're going to a networking event.
哦,哦,是啊。
Oh, oh, yeah.
你真的很热衷社交呢。
You're really into networking.
我的天。
Oh my god.
就像,'我讨厌社交'之类的说法。
Like, oh, I hate networking, you know, whatever.
我确信存在某种形式的社交确实有点,怎么说,令人不适,特别是当你并非真心喜欢这件事的时候。
And I'm sure there is a type of, like I'm sure there's a there's a type of networking that is just a bit, like, grim, particularly where I I think when you don't actually when not actually into the thing.
如果你在大学里,感觉像是,哦,糟了。
If if you're, like, at university and you feel like, oh, shit.
我需要...我现在大二了。
I need to get a I'm in my second year.
她正在搞人际关系。
She is in networking.
我需要一个该死的实习,兄弟。
I need a freak I need a freaking internship, bro.
我不在乎金融或城市办公桌工作之类的,但是,我不知道还能做什么。
I don't care about finance or city desk jobs or whatever, but, like, I don't know what else to do.
我最好还是去搞点人际关系。
I'd better just do some networking.
然后你去参加一些社交酒会,假装对审计或税务之类的东西感兴趣,然后就这样了。
And then you go to some networking drinks and pretend to be interested in, like, you know, audit or tax, then then it's like, okay.
是啊。
Yeah.
这有点可怕而且吞噬灵魂。
That's kinda grim and and soul sucking.
我认为大多数人对人际关系都有这种看法,就像试图勉强进入你并不真正感兴趣的领域,所以你必须假装有兴趣,这有点滑头和不真实,你知道,类似这样。
And I think most people have that sort of view of networking as, like, trying to sort of finagle your way into something that you're not really into, and so you have to feign interest and it's kinda slimy and and sort of inauthentic, you know, something like this.
但是,你知道...是啊。
But, like, you know Yeah.
如果你足够幸运,能从事你真正感兴趣并关心的工作,而且和那些人合得来等等,那么人际关系就很棒。
If you're lucky enough to be working in something you genuinely are interested in and care about and you vibe with the people and all that kind of stuff, Like, networking is great.
这很酷,因为它本质上不是那种功利性的关系,你不是单纯想利用某人。
Like, it's sick because it's kind it's kind of it's not like it's not transactional in the sense that you're literally just trying to, like, use someone.
就像,如果你在科技圈和人建立联系,你们双方都心知肚明,对吧。
Like, it's like if if if you network with someone in tech, it's not it's, you know, you both know that, hey.
是啊。
Yeah.
大概有些事我能帮上你。
There's, like, probably stuff I can help you with.
可能也有些事你能帮到我。
There's probably stuff you can help me with.
你知道,这也是我们这么做的部分原因。
And, you know, that's partially why we're doing this.
同时,部分原因也是因为一起相处很有趣。
And also, partially, it's just, fun to hang out.
但这并不是说,你知道,没人被欺骗。
But, like, it's not it's not so you know, no one's being tricked.
懂我意思吗?
You know?
这存在明显的互利关系。
There's, like, there's a clear mutual benefit.
甚至不需要明说,这种互利关系显而易见。
It doesn't even need to be stated that there's clear mutual benefit.
而且,确实,这种感觉还挺好的。
And, yeah, and it's just kind quite nice.
兄弟,我懂你的意思。
Mate, I hear you.
我觉得这是那种情况,在某人刚开始的时候,这实际上并不是一个很有帮助的做法。
I think it's it's it's one of those things where I think at the start of someone's journey, it's actually not it's not very it's not a very helpful move.
这有点像,嗯,我也不知道。
It's sorta like well, I don't know.
即便如此,这有点像整个场景,我是教育内容创作者、课程销售者、在线教练这类群体的一部分。
Even then, it's it's it's sorta like the whole like, I'm I'm part of the scene as it relates to, like, educational creators and now, like, course sellers and online coaches and all that jazz.
所以有些人想进入这个领域,他们会想和同等级别的YouTuber之类的人交往,我觉得这也很合理。
And so there's people wanting to break into the space who will wanna hang out with other, like, YouTubers of their, like, size and stuff, which I think is also totally reasonable.
还有些人渴望进入这个领域,他们会去参加创业者活动。
There are people who are, like, sort of aspire aspire to enter the space who will go to, like, an entrepreneur's event.
是啊。
Yeah.
我觉得这有点像那种永远参加社交活动却从不实际行动的人的讽刺形象。
I think it's sort of like there's the there's the caricature of the dude who goes to networking events forever and never actually does anything.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
很多人在某种程度上都是这样,在医疗
A lot of people are like that in the sort of med
科技圈里
tech scene back
当年。
in the day.
我对医疗科技真的很感兴趣,所以我要参加所有的会议,但从不真正尝试参与。
Like, I'm really interested in med tech, so I'm gonna go to all the conferences, but never actually try and take Yeah.
有点像网络追星族,是的。
Kinda like a net a networking groupie Yes.
而不是像那些在竞技场里与其他参与者相遇的人。
Rather than, like, someone who's in the arena meeting other people in the arena.
你懂吗?
You know?
是啊。
Yeah.
而我是这个网络的超级粉丝。
Whereas, yeah, I'm I'm a big fan of the network.
我...我的意思是,我不认为这是社交,因为这个词对我来说还是有点贬义。
I I mean, I I don't I don't think of it as as as networking because the word still seems dirty to me.
嗯。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
就像是和做类似事情的人交朋友。
It's like make friends with other people who are doing similar things.
比如,我参加了所有这些智囊团之类的组织。
Like, I'm part of all these, like, mastermind groups and stuff.
所以我上周在洛杉矶参加了一个由七位数在线教练组成的智囊团。
So I was in LA last week for a mastermind of other, like, seven figure online coaches.
是啊。
Yeah.
超级酷。
It was super cool.
具体怎么样?
Like How was it?
简直太棒了。
It was sick.
超级超级有趣。
It was super it was super fun.
这是由一个叫Taki Moore的人每年组织的三场活动之一,他负责运营这个智囊团。
It's, like, one of the three events a year that this guy called Taki Moore who's runs the mastermind organizes.
太精彩了。
It was so sick.
现场有各种各样的人,都是从事在线课程或在线项目的。
There was, like, people from all sorts of it it it was all people who were doing, like, online courses and or, like, online programs.
有个家伙专门为发廊老板提供营销指导。
But there was a guy who does, like, marketing coaching for hair salon owners.
我记得他做到了七位数,甚至可能是八位数的规模。
He's doing, like, sort of multi 7 figures, I think, 8 figures.
还有个人搞了个'农民学院',教美国农民如何赚更多钱。
There's a guy who does, like, a Farmers Academy where they teach farmers in The US how to, like, make more money.
绝了。
Sick.
在澳大利亚有位女士专门帮助理财规划服务提升销售和营销能力,因为他们这方面都很糟糕,他们只关心那些业务本身。
There was a sort of the the the there was a lady who helps financial planning services in Australia do a better job with, like, sales and marketing because they all suck at sales and marketing and, you know, all they care about is the is the thing.
那很酷,确实是很酷的东西。
It was, like, cool it was cool stuff like that.
一些人工智能相关的内容。
A a few AI things.
我们可能是50家初创企业里仅有的两三家面向初学者的通用型企业。
We were probably one of, like, two only two or three out of, like, 50 sort of generic startup business for beginners.
其他所有人都非常明确地专注于有趣的垂直领域。
Everyone else was, like, quite squarely in interesting verticals.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且从各个领域都获得了许多非常有用的见解,大家都在做类似的事,只是处于不同的细分市场。
And there were a lot of just, like, very useful insights across the board from people doing similar things just in in various various different niches.
这很酷。
That's cool.
他们感觉
Did they feel
像是你的同类人,还是说有点过于多元化了?
like your tribe, or was it, like, a bit too diverse?
感觉不像教育类YouTuber那么有归属感,那群人是完全同类的。
It didn't feel quite as tribe y as, like, educational YouTubers, which is, like, full squarely tribe y.
是啊。
Yeah.
但这感觉只是与之相邻的一个层面,因为他们大多数人当时并没有在做内容。
But it felt just sort of one level adjacent to that because because most of them weren't doing content.
他们把广告作为主要获取方式,把广告或主题演讲当作主要的获客手段。
They were doing ads as their primary acquisition, ads or keynotes as their primary acquisition thing.
但他们基本上都想做内容,而且都越来越投入其中。
But they they all basically wanted to do content and are all, like, increasingly getting into it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但这些家伙首先都是企业家,而不是像通常那样先成为创作者再成为企业家,这真的很酷。
But they were the these guys are all, like, kind of entrepreneurs first rather than, as it were, rather than creators first, and then sort of entrepreneurs second, which is really cool.
不过,是的,我会推荐。
But, yeah, I'd recommend.
不错。
Nice.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
我想听听你去莱索托的旅行。
I wanna hear about your Lesotho trip.
你最近又回莱索托了是吧?
You went to you went back to Lesotho recently Yeah.
我们曾在那里住到大概2002年左右。
Where we we used to live there until, I don't know, 2002 or something.
是的。
Yes.
从那以后我们就再没回去过
And we haven't been back since
97年到02年,大概这样。挺酷的。
'97 to 2002, something like It was cool.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们在莱索托待了几天,又在南非待了几天。
So we spent a few days in Lesotho, a few days in South Africa.
看到我们在拉里贝的老房子感觉真的很酷。
It was really cool seeing our old house in Laribe.
哦,是吗?
Oh, yeah?
我把照片发到家庭群聊里了。
I sent you the picture on the on the family group chat.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
老兄,那地方现在看起来小得离谱。
Mate, the place looks freaking tiny now.
但你知道吗,回想当年,我记忆中的画面是——毕竟那时我还小,所以觉得那条路特别大。
But, like, back in the day, I I I remem my image of it was that, obviously, I was small, and so the road was bigger.
是啊。
Yeah.
记得那条路特别宽。
Remember the road being massive.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
我记得当时还想,哦,对啊。
I remember thinking, oh, yeah.
现在再看,简直就像条土路,窄得要命的小土路。
And now here, it was just like it's like a dirt road, like, a tiny ass dirt road.
我当时就觉得,真不敢相信我们以前还骑着车在这绕圈,还觉得特别...嗯。
And I was like, I can't believe we used to, like, cycle laps around this and think it was such a Yeah.
距离超长。
Long distance.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
就像你...就像...嗯。
It's like you it's like yeah.
所以看到这些还有房子什么的,真的很酷。
So it was really cool seeing that and seeing the house and stuff.
那真是挺有意思的。
That was that was interesting.
我们去了我们以前的幼儿园,记得吗?我们在那里度过了欢乐时光之类的。
We went to our old, like, nursery where we had we remember we had weeby time and all that stuff?
那里有个色彩缤纷的游乐场,用的是含铅油漆。
There was a colorful playground with the lead lead paint.
这是在托纳霍洛路上吗?
Was this on Tonaholo Road?
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
就在我们以前住的地方附近
Where we near near where we used to live
某段时间。
at some point.
对。
Yeah.
我当时是的。
I was yeah.
所以不完全在托纳霍洛路上,但就在附近,差不多在拐角处
So not quite on Tonaholo Road, but, like, near, like, around the around the corner from
那里。
there.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
是在学校。
It was at school.
然后我们还去了Nani以前教书的蒙特梭利国际学校。
And then we also went to the Montessori International School that Nani used to teach at.
我见到了你以前的老师,尤妮丝小姐。
I met your old teacher, miss Eunice.
她人很好。
She was very nice.
非常好。
Very nice.
是的。
Yeah.
他们都记得Nani。
They all remember Nani.
那挺有趣的。
That was quite fun.
确实。
Did yeah.
重返那些地方的感觉如何?
How how how did it feel to kinda go back to those places?
再次,那种感觉就像是,你知道,当你回到大学或牛津时,看到那些建筑时那种熟悉的感觉。
Again, it it it felt like it it it almost felt like, you know, when you go back to university or, like, when you go back to Oxford or and you see, like, the buildings that have this feeling of familiarity.
是啊。
Yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
那种熟悉的感觉,但同时,嗯,那是一段美好的篇章。
Like, the feeling of familiarity, but also, like, yeah, this was a great a great chapter.
倒不是说我很想回到那里。
It's not like I'm sort of clamoring to go back there.
你知道,就是那种感觉。
You know, that kind of feeling.
就像是,哦,
Just like, oh,
这是
this is
挺可爱的。
cute.
很可爱的是这里曾是,像是我们生命的起源。
It's cute that this is that this was, like, the origin of the of of life for us.
是啊。
Yeah.
不错。
Nice.
这确实,怎么说呢,勾起了怀旧之情。
It was quite, like, nostalgia inducing.
我们去了,嗯,当地的高街。
We went to, like, the local high street.
那是家超市。
It was a supermarket.
这家超市已经换过好几次招牌了,但,那个切片面包机还一直在那儿。
The supermarket had sort of rebranded many times over, but, like, the bread slicing machines were still there.
哦,我记得那个。
Oh, I remember that.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
那个面包切片机。
The bread slicing machine.
嗯。
Yeah.
东西。
Thing.
所以那个面包切片机一直没挪过地方。
And so the bread slicing machine machine was still there.
就是像这样随机的事情,显然那里大部分东西都变了很多。
So it was, like, random stuff like that where, like, most things there was changed a lot, apparently.
是啊。
Yeah.
有些事我记忆特别深刻,比如切面包。
There was things like that that I distinctively remember, like, slicing.
我记得切面包时的气味,那气味还是一样熟悉。
I remember slicing the bread and the smell, and the smell was the same and stuff.
嗯。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
所以整体氛围感很强。
So it was, it was quite vibey.
是趟很有感觉的旅程。
Quite a vibey trip.
不错。
Nice.
重回故地会让你情绪激动吗?还是说比如我回牛津就不会有什么感触。
Did you find it emotional going back to the old places, or were you just like I wouldn't really be emotional if I went back to Oxford.
但要是回到文法学校之类的地方,我可能会有点激动。
But maybe I would if I go back to my grammar school or something.
感觉就像是,哦,这挺酷的。
It was like, oh, this is cool.
是啊。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
是啊。
Yeah.
我确实感到一丝怀旧之情,但并没有特别情绪化。
I got a feeling of a bit of a feeling of nostalgia, not not massively emotional.
我想如果我是个更感性的人,可能每次去咪咪记得的新地方时都会哭。
I think if I were a more more emotional person, I probably would have done Mimi cried each time we went to a new place that she remembered.
是啊。
Yeah.
不过,我还在学习如何感受自己的情绪,所以我们还没到那一步。
But, yeah, I'm still learning how to feel my feelings, so it's not we're not gonna put there yet.
不错。
Nice.
你觉得在接纳情绪方面有取得什么进展吗?
Do you feel like you've made any progress on feeding your feelings?
是啊。
Yeah.
确实有很大进步。
Very much so.
比如去年我参加的那个开拓者静修营,伊兹刚过夜回来
Think the Groundbreakers retreat that I went on last year that Izzy is just coming back from, like, overnight
哦,不错。
Oh, nice.
那是个重大突破。
Was a a big unlock there.
是啊。
Yeah.
这这这只是个缓慢积累的过程,比如读了几本相关的书。
It's it's it's just been a slow burn over time, like, reading a couple of books about it.
我看了几周你朋友推荐给我的那位治疗师。
I saw this therapist guy that your your friend recommended to me for a few weeks.
对。
Right.
那确实有些帮助。
That sort of helped.
没错。
Yeah.
但这也像那位治疗师说的,说实话,每个人其实都有个设定值,怎么说呢,敏感度或者说你感受情绪的强度,无论是积极还是消极的。
But it's also, like, one of those things where what this therapist guy said was, like, like, TBH, like, everyone kinda has a set point around, like, how shall we call it sensitivity or, like, how strongly you tend to feel emotions, both positive and negative.
你很难大幅改变这个设定值。
And there's not a lot you can do to drastically change your set point.
就像,嗯,你可以
It's like, yeah, you can
哦。
Oh.
女孩筛查。
Girl screening.
哦,女孩筛查。
Oh, girl screening.
你想去检查一下吗
Do you wanna go check
可能是变化吧。
the change probably.
有人在那里,发生了些大变化。
There's someone with There's some, like, big change.
哦。
Oh.
稍等一下。
Give me a sec.
让我看看宝宝怎么了。
Let me see what baby goes off.
天啊,这女宝宝真的不喜欢被抹润肤露。
Man, the baby girl really does not like being moisturized.
哦,是吗?
Oh, yeah?
是啊。
Yeah.
每次涂润肤露的时候,一天好几次,都会引发一场尖叫大战。
Every time the moisturizer comes out, multiple times a day, it's a screaming match.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
我几周前不得不去看儿科皮肤科医生,他给我开了一些类固醇药和类固醇药膏。
I had to see a peter pediatric dermatologist, like, a couple weeks ago, and he gave some steroids and then steroid cream.
然后湿疹立刻就消退了,效果简直不可思议。
And then the eczema cleared right up, and it was incredible.
不错。
Nice.
但现在又复发了。
But then it's back again.
一旦停用类固醇药物,我就感觉,唉。
Once you stop once you stop the steroids, I'm like, ah.
理论上是先用类固醇猛攻,然后拼命保湿来抑制症状。
And the theory is that you hit it you hit it hard with the steroids, and then you moisturize the shit out of them to, like, keep at bay.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
我觉得我们已经给宝宝拼命保湿了,但还是会疼。
I feel like we have been moisturizing the shit out of the baby, but, like, it still hurts.
湿漉漉的宝宝。
Moist baby.
是啊。
Yeah.
真的,皮肤总是那么水润。
Like, literally, the skin is always so moist.
因为只要有一点点干燥,就必须用CeraVe来消除。
Because anytime there's even a a wick of dryness, it has to be eliminated with, like, CeraVe.
CeraVe保湿乳液。
CeraVe moisturizing lotion.
没错。
Yeah.
另外还有个激动人心的消息,我加入了当地的躲避球队。
In other exciting news, I joined I joined a local dodgeball team.
哦,是吗。
Oh, yeah.
不错。
Nice.
我去过一次训练,伙计。
I've been to one session with well, mate.
你玩过躲避球吗?
Have you ever have you ever played dodgeball?
我是说,在学校里可能玩过几次。
I mean, we played it at school probably a couple of times over the years.
你看过《躲避球》那部电影吗?
Have you have you seen the movie, dodgeball?
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
太搞笑了。
It's hilarious.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果你去打躲避球,就像我们上学时那样,我想。
If you go dodgeball, like, when we were in school, I think.
是,
Was,
一个是啊。
one Yeah.
是,没错,那是经典项目,是啊,我们上中学的时候。
Was, yeah, it was a classic, yeah, when we were in secondary school.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
躲避球的规则是,六人对六人。
So the way dodgeball works is, like, there's six v six.
你们分别站在,想象一下篮球场的两边。
You're on either side of, like imagine a basketball court.
你不能越过中线。
You can't cross the halfway line.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且有六个球。
And there's six balls.
这些球不像电影里那么硬。
The balls are not as hard as in the film.
它们实际上,像是,像是,
They're they're actually, like, like,
泡沫的,泡沫的,对。
foamy, foamy, like yeah.
对。
Yeah.
然后比赛开始。
And the game starts off.
每队拿三个球,然后规则是你扔出去。
Each team grabs three balls, and then the idea is you throw it.
如果你击中对方队员,他们就被淘汰。
And then if you hit a team member if you hit someone on the other team, they're out.
没错。
Yeah.
如果你接住别人扔向你的球,扔球的人出局,而且你可以复活一名之前被淘汰的队友。
And if you catch a ball that someone else has thrown at you, the person throwing it is out, and also you get to revive a team member that was formally out.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Yep.
裁判站在中间,你不能像那样故意拖延,你知道的,球多或人多的一方有十秒钟
And the referee's sort of in the middle, and you can't, like, deliberate for, like, you know, the side with the more balls or more people has a ten second
时间跑位
time run the head
在十秒内投球。
throw within ten seconds.
这样能让比赛保持流畅。
So it keeps the game keeps the game moving.
我们被打得落花流水。
And we got absolutely freaking demolished.
我们对阵的是...我们是最差联赛里最烂的队伍,而我们的对手是一群孩子,最大的两个男孩大概15岁,还有两个看起来11岁左右的女孩和两个12岁左右的中国男孩。
We were playing against we're, like, in the we're we're the worst team in the bottom league, And we were playing against this group of kids where I would say the oldest two dudes were, like, 15, and there were these two, like, there were these two girls who looked like 11 and these two, like, Chinese boys that looked like 12.
但他们可能只有8到12岁,就是那种情况。
But they could have been eight to 12, you know, that kind of thing.
我们被彻底碾压了,而我们都是二十多岁到三十多岁的大老爷们。
And we got absolutely mullered, and we were all, like, dudes in our late twenties to thirties.
队里大多数人都是肌肉发达的那种,我们队大部分人都挺壮的。
Most of the team was, like, jacked like, most of our team was, like, pretty jacked.
这些人其实并没有真正出局。
Like, these guys weren't out, really.
是啊。
Yeah.
而他完全被欺负了。
And he just got absolutely bullied.
他直接被摧毁了。
He just got destroyed.
我想你们是更大的目标。
I guess you guys are bigger targets.
对吧?
Right?
那可能会造成很大的不同。
That probably makes a big difference.
一个更大的而且
A bigger And
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。