本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
逆向天才呈现第578期桌游节目,康塔斯提克。
Inversegenius presents onboard games episode five seventy eight, Contastic.
您正在收听的是由桌游行业资深人士主持的节目,他们在探讨玩家、设计师和发行商感兴趣话题的同时,分享棋盘与卡牌游戏的乐趣。
You are listening to onboard games where game industry veterans talk about the board and card gaming hobby while exploring topics of interest to gamers, designers, and publishers.
本期节目中,埃里克与布鲁斯将对比分析BGG大会与PAX桌游展的异同。
This episode, Eric and Bruce compare and contrast BGG Con and PAX Unplugged.
本节目由我们在patreon.com/obg的杰出赞助人赞助播出。
Onboard games is sponsored by our amazing patrons at patreon.com/obg.
衷心感谢各位持续的支持。
Thank you so much for your continued support.
通过Patreon获得的所有资金都用于支付我们每月的播客制作成本,对此我们深表感激。
Everything that comes in through Patreon goes to cover our monthly podcasting cost, and it's incredibly appreciated.
嘿。
Hey.
我们开通了周边商品商店。
We have a merch store.
你可以
You can
访问inverse genius点com,点击商店链接,就能找到各种《登船游戏》的周边商品。
go to inverse genius dot com and go to click on the store link and find all kinds of onboard games swag.
当然,我们非常期待您的反馈。
And, of course, we live for feedback.
您可以发送邮件至onboardgamesmailbag@gmail.com联系我们。
You can send us email at onboardgamesmailbag@Gmail.com.
您可以加入我们的公会,在BoardGameGeek上的325号公会,也可以前往Facebook搜索Inverse Genius。
You can go to our guild, guild three two five on board game geek, and also head over to Facebook and look for inverse genius there.
加入我们的群组,我们可以在那里继续交流。
Join our group, and we can chat some more there.
一如既往,请将《登船游戏》推荐给您认为会喜欢它的人。
And as always, please spread the news of onboard games to those you think would like it.
祝大家圣诞快乐,我们可能会在圣诞节和新年之间再与大家交流。
I hope you guys have a great merry Christmas, and we will talk to you probably between Christmas and New Year's.
谢谢。
Thanks.
大家好,欢迎来到《棋盘游戏》的又一期精彩节目。
Hello, and welcome to a contestic episode of Onboard Games.
我是主持人埃里克·杜威。
I'm your host, Eric Dewey.
你可以在ericdewey.com或网上各处找到我,用户名是erik(a y r k)。
You can find me at eric dewey.com or erik, a y r k, pretty much all over the Internet.
对我来说,没有布鲁斯·沃格三世先生本人,就无法完成这期节目。
And with me, I couldn't have a contestic episode without the man himself, mister Bruce Vogue the third.
欢迎回来,布鲁斯。
Welcome back, Bruce.
嘿。
Hey.
非常感谢你的邀请。
Thanks so much for having me.
我觉得我现在几乎算是联合主持人了。
I think I'm almost a cohost now.
感觉像是
Feel like
我正在做的那个
the one I'm doing
我想现在事实就是如此。
I think at this point, that's what it is.
我得说没有我你绝对也能办一场展会特辑,但这次不行,因为我们俩都参加过展会。
I would argue you can definitely have a contestic episode without me, but you won't this time because we both have cons we've been to.
确实如此。
That is true.
确实如此。
That is true.
而且没有你在场乐趣会少很多。
Plus, it just wouldn't be as much fun without you.
是的,我和布鲁斯碰巧在同一时间参加了不同的展会,这真是有趣的巧合,而且它们呈现了完全不同的体验。
So, yes, we are Bruce and I had the interesting, I don't know, timing to have both gone to different cons at the exact same time, and they present different completely different experiences.
所以我们觉得聊聊这个话题会很有趣。
And so we thought it'd be a fun episode to kinda talk about that.
这就是我们这期节目的全部内容。
So that's what we're going to do this entire episode.
我们会在谈话中穿插讨论我们玩过的游戏,但感恩节前的周末,我去了达拉斯沃斯堡市中心的凯悦酒店参加BGG展会。
We'll mingle in games we've played while we talk, but I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving at Dallas Fort Worth downtown in the Hyatt Regency to attend BGG Con.
你呢,布鲁斯?
How about you, Bruce?
事实上,就在同一个周末,因为这次行程就是这么安排的,偶尔会这样,我当时在费城会议中心参加PACS Unplugged展会,这个展会向你保证他们不会插电。
As a matter of fact, that exact same weekend, because that's how it got planned this time, because every once in a while it does, I was at the Philadelphia Convention Center at PACS Unplugged, the pack show that swears to you they're not gonna plug anything in.
因为其他展会大多是电子游戏公司的混合体,因为他们拥有世界上所有的钱,而这个展会给了纸板游戏一个独占整个展会的机会。
Because every other show is a mixed bag of mostly video game companies because they have all of the money on earth, and this gives a chance for just cardboard to take over an entire show in a place.
所以我们对于展会试图呈现的内容确实有着非常不同的体验。
So we definitely had very different experiences with what the show was even attempting to present.
确实如此。
Definitely.
有意思。
Interesting.
我同意你说的电子游戏吸金能力强大,但我好奇这种局面还能持续多久——这完全是个题外话——但每次有新的3A级游戏大作推出时,不是质量糟糕就是跳票延期,要么就是优化差到根本跑不动。
I agree with you about video games having all the money, but I'm curious how much longer that's going to be because it just seems like every time this is just an aside, but every time a new triple a line game comes out, it's terrible or delayed or, you know, not optimized to run on machines.
我实在想不通他们还能这样挥霍资金多久。
And I just wonder how much longer can they just be frittering away all this money.
我完全不知道。
I have no idea.
我认为另一个问题是,如果我们讨论游戏玩家群体,我对'玩家'的定义可能是最宽松的——无论从哪个角度来界定。
And I think the other thing is is right now, if we talk about gaming, and I think I have just the loosest possible definition of what a gamer is and who a gamer is as you can possibly have.
你那个还在玩《糖果粉碎传奇》的外祖母也算玩家。
Your grandmother who still plays Candy Crush is a gamer.
没错。
Yes.
所有只玩《漫威瞬战》的人都是游戏玩家。
Everybody out there that only plays Marvel Snap is a gamer.
如果你玩的角色扮演游戏既非《龙与地下城》也非地牢类,而是以同人志形式制作的,那你就是游戏玩家。
If you're playing a role playing game that is neither dungeon nor dragon that's made as a zine, you're a gamer.
如果你只下国际象棋或打桥牌,你也是游戏玩家。
If all you play is chess or bridge, you're a gamer.
所以问题在于,随着游戏的主流化程度越来越高,电子游戏推动桌游走向超级主流还需要多久。
So the question becomes is is with as mainstream as gaming is, is how much longer before the pieces of the pie that took video gaming to become super mainstream push board gaming.
正如你我亲身经历的那样,桌游现在比以往任何时候都更主流——我们还记得当年要躲在柜子里玩游戏的日子,现在这种情况已经不复存在。
It's more mainstream than it's ever been as you and I know because we remember when you have to hide in a closet to play games back in the day, and now that doesn't happen.
现在人们的反应是‘哦,酷’。
Now people are like, oh, cool.
你把游戏当作一种爱好。
Here you have a a gaming as a hobby.
我听说过那款关于鸟类的游戏。
There's that game about birds I've heard about.
你知道吗?
You know?
所以,这种情况已经发生了,但它仍然不是《吃豆人》那种现象级游戏。
So, like, that's happened, but it still isn't Pac Man.
我们《车票之旅》还没达到《吃豆人》的国民度。
We don't Ticket to Ride is not our Pac Man.
对。
Right.
我不知道,如果有一天我们真能出现那样一款现象级桌游。
And I don't know, like, if the day comes that we get one.
我觉得《Flip seven》正在全力尝试成为那样的游戏。
Well, I think Flip seven's doing its best to try.
它确实够努力。
It sure enough is.
太棒了。
Excellent.
好的。
Alright.
那我们开始吧。
So let's start off.
BGG大会是长期举办的。
BGG Con is long term.
听众们都知道,我们定期参加这个活动。
Listeners know we, attend it on a fairly regular basis.
事实上,我和布鲁斯至少一起参加过一届BGG大会,可能不止一次,但我想应该就一次。
In fact, Bruce and I have attended BGG Con together, at least once, if not multiple times, but I think just once.
不过,这主要是个以玩游戏为主的展会。
But, it is a predominantly game playing show.
所以流程当然是:你到达拉斯,在酒店办理入住。
So the idea, of course, is you go to Dallas, you check-in at the hotel.
他们有个——天哪。
They have a oh my gosh.
8000。
8,000.
是的。
Yeah.
我想是8000款游戏的收藏库。
8,000 game library, I think.
你可以借阅任何你想要的游戏。
You check out whatever you would like.
先记下这一点。
Put a pin in that.
我从中得到了一些有趣的数据。
I got some interesting stats from that.
不过你可以借阅任何你喜欢的游戏。
But you check out whatever you like.
你给自己找个桌子。
You find yourself a table.
如果你需要玩家招募旗,可以在那里放一个,然后玩些游戏。
If you need a player's wanted flag, you can plop one of those down there, and you play some games.
然后整个周末你就这样不断重复。
And then you lather, rinse, repeat the entire weekend.
有一些预定活动,但安排相当灵活。
There are some, scheduled events, but they're fairly loose.
只有少数几项是官方活动,当然其他人基本上可以自由安排任何他们想组织的活动。
There's only a handful of things that are official events, and then, of course, everyone else kinda is free to schedule whatever they want.
但这是一种自由流动、轻松愉快的游戏大会氛围。
But it's a free flowing game playing kind of relaxing convention.
这与PAX Unplugged形成鲜明对比。
That is in huge contrast to what PAX Unplugged is.
PAX Unplugged属于PAX系列展会的一部分,均由同一家公司运营,这家公司还负责圣地亚哥国际动漫展和纽约国际动漫展。
So PAX Unplugged is part of the PAX collection of conventions, which are all run by the same company that does San Diego Comic Con and New York Comic Con.
这家公司名叫Reed Pop。
It is all a company called Reed Pop.
所以这本身可能不算一个大型展会,虽然我们稍后会讨论这点,但它确实与现存一些最大型的极客类展会有所合作。
So this is maybe not a giant convention on its own, although we'll talk about that in a minute, but it is certainly in collaboration with some of the biggest sort of nerd conventions that exist.
我猜他们不会这么称呼这些展会。
I guess they would not call them that.
他们会称之为粉丝文化大会。
They would call them fandom conventions.
没错。
Correct.
我记得他们还拥有《星球大战》领域里相当大的一块版图。
I believe they also own, like, an unhealthy chunk of the Star Wars space.
他们正试图进军《星际迷航》领域,不过据说遭遇了激烈抵抗。
They're trying to get into the Star Trek space, although it apparently fights tooth and nail.
但要知道,运营方是专职从事这行的专业人士。
But, like, it's run by real people that really do this as their real job all the time.
也就是说他们有可供加入的官方应用。
And that is to say that it has an app that you can join.
它拥有其他PAX展会都有的所有内容。
It has all the stuff the other PAXs have.
这意味着它有寻宝游戏。
So that means it has the scavenger hunt.
布鲁斯,你在说什么呢?
Bruce, what are you talking about?
你可以拿着徽章扫描,然后在整个展会中跑来跑去,用徽章扫描各种东西,就有可能赢得丰厚奖品。
Well, you can take your badge and scan it and then run throughout the entire convention scanning your badge against things to potentially win fabulous prizes.
我见过最棒的一次是在某年的PAX West展会上,我当时坐在那里,躲着人群吃一碗面,然后看到有人赢了一台PlayStation 4——那时候这确实是实打实的大奖。
The best I've ever seen is, I wanna say, at PAX West one year, I was sitting there, like, hiding from people, eating a bowl of noodles, and I watched somebody win a PlayStation four, which at the time was a a for real prize.
那就是当时的PlayStation机型。
That was the PlayStation at the time.
我不知道在这个展会上能赢到什么奖品,但确实有这个环节。
I don't know what you can win here at this one, but that's a thing.
它有个叫'终极挑战赛'的环节,可能是我在所有展会中最喜欢的部分——当你注册徽章时,需要提供手机号码。
It has a thing called the omegathon, which is, like, maybe my favorite thing in all of conventions, which is, when you sign up for a badge, you give them your phone number.
20个人的电话号码会被抽中。
20 people get their phone number called.
如果你接起电话,他们会告知你入选了终极锦标赛,这是一系列完全未知的比赛项目。你将从20强开始,并获得一枚标有'Ω结'的徽章,因为你已不再是普通参会者。
And if you pick up your phone, they tell you you're in the omegathon, which is a completely blind set of tournament games that as you you'll start at 20, and they give you a badge that says omega knot because you are now no longer a normal convention attendee.
你可以自由接触任何想要的事物。
You have access to any and everything you want.
如果你想参加某个绘画活动,作为Ω结成员会自动获得资格。
If there's some if you wanna go to a paint and take, you automatically get it because you're an omega knot.
在活动体验方面,你享有至高无上的特权。
You are the highest of the high as far as if there are things you wanna do.
你幸运地赢得了体验所有活动的机会。
You have luckily won your chance to do all of the things.
如果你能在一轮轮比赛中过关斩将,他们会逐步淘汰选手。
And if you get your way through the tournament game after game after game, they whittle you down.
整个展会的压轴活动是在主舞台进行的终极1v1对决。
The last thing the entire show does is on their main stage, it is a one v one game.
过去我最喜欢的一个环节是,他们有一个大舞台,Penny Arcade的运营团队会出场。
They have in the past one of my favorites was it is a big stage, and the people that run Penny Arcade come out.
他们说,嘿。
They say, hey.
恭喜我们的两位欧米伽节点,然后帷幕拉开,聚光灯照在一台
Congratulations to our two omega knots, and then the curtains open up and a spotlight shines on a Ms.
吃豆人小姐游戏机上。
Pacman machine.
而得分最高的吃豆人小姐
And the highest score Ms.
玩家将赢得大奖,这个奖总是可以去世界上任何地方的PAX展会,也就是说你肯定会用它去澳大利亚。
Pacman wins the grand prize, which is always a trip to any packs in the world, which means you're going to use it to go to Australia.
对吧。
Right.
所以这个环节现在也还在。
So and that is here too.
唯一的区别在于,如果你参加的是其他比赛,其中一轮可能是像N64上的WWF No Mercy这样的游戏。
The only difference is is that if you're playing in any of the other ones, one of your rounds might be, like, the n sixty four WWF no mercy.
而在这里,终局永远会是桌面游戏。
And here, it's always gonna be a tabletop game.
这就是规则。
Those are the rules.
他们从不打破这个传统。
They do not break out from that.
今年我没看决赛。
I didn't watch the end this year.
但我看过以空气曲棍球作为决赛的那一届。
I did watch the year where the end was air hockey.
他们只是拉开帷幕,聚光灯打在一张空气曲棍球台上,九局五胜者就能去澳大利亚。
They just showed a you know, they opened up the curtains and a light shined on an air hockey table, and it was best of nine goes to Australia.
这就是这个节目的风格。
So that's the kind of show this is.
再次强调,它有一个应用程序。
Once again, it it has an app.
活动安排持续不断。
There are things scheduled constantly.
你得试着通过应用程序报名参加活动,今年和我聊过的大多数人都觉得这方式挺不错的。
You have to try to, like, get on the app to get in the thing, which has worked out pretty well this year for most people I talked to.
不过那些特别抢手的项目,比如'涂绘体验'或'钟楼血案'游戏,听说报名过程有点折磨人。
Although the things that were really prized, like the paint and takes or the blood on the clock tower games were apparently a little painful to get into.
还有些其他活动。
There were some other things.
有个我特别想参加但没报上的。
One I really wanted to do and didn't.
我本来希望能汇报这个——他们准备了'Jabinchi'游戏。
I was hoping I could report on this, but they had Jabinchi.
就是那种日本推理游戏,要花五个小时破谋杀案,结合了桌游、密室逃脱和谋杀派对的元素,而且没有英文翻译。
The, like, the Japanese games of, like, trying to figure out who murdered someone that take, like, five hours where they're like a mix like, a board game meets an escape room, meets a how to host a murder, and they're not translated into English.
所以他们请了家翻译公司,把几款游戏译成了英文参展,但需要额外支付30美元门票并投入5小时时间才能参与。
So they have the company that has translated a couple into English that was there, but it was a $30 extra ticket and five hours, I believe, you had to commit to do it.
哇。
Wow.
我始终没能找到机会,这几乎是展会上唯一需要额外付费的项目。
And I just never could find was one of the only things in the show.
PAX向来以不向玩家收取额外费用为荣。
PAX prides itself when they do not ask you for more money for anything.
但这次活动实在太特殊稀有了,他们才破例收费,这并非PAX的常规做法。
And this was one of those things that was so specialized and rare that they would, but that is not what their thing is.
不像Origins展会那样需要准备一堆2美元代币才能参与活动。
It's not like an origins where you gotta have a bunch of $2 chips to be able to get into things.
PAX的宗旨从来不是用这种零碎收费来榨取玩家。
That is not the goal of packs ever to sort of nickel and dime you that way.
有意思。
Interesting.
但这确实是个极其罕见且特别的活动,整个周末只有约30人能参与,因为耗时太长,而且只有一个人懂得如何操作。
But this was such a rare and special thing that there were only, like, 30 people that got to do it all weekend because of how long it takes, and there's just, like, one guy that knows how to do it.
但全都是预定好的项目。
But it is nothing but scheduled things.
都是锦标赛。
It is tournaments.
有专门的区域。
There are whole areas.
并不是说你不能玩游戏,但会更接近Gen Con或Origins展会的形式,与你之前的体验不同。
It is not to say that you can't play things, but it's gonna come closer to a gen con or an origins than it is what you experienced.
有意思。
Interesting.
你提到了《血染钟楼》。
You know, you mentioned Blood on the Clock Tower.
这绝对是PGG展会上最受欢迎的游戏之一。
It's certainly one of the more popular games at PGG Con.
我记得几年前在那里时,我组织了几场非官方活动,但它们被列入了日程表,所以人们可以报名参加、领取门票等等。
I remember a couple years ago when I was there, I I ran a couple of they're not official events, but they were in the schedule so you could sign up for them, get tickets for them, and whatnot.
自那以后,到处都能看到钟楼游戏的踪影。
And since then, there are just clock tower games everywhere.
事实上,他们专门设置了三个区域,就是那种围着桌子摆一圈椅子的场地。
And in fact, they had three sections that were just, you know, chairs in a circle around a table.
所以想玩钟楼游戏的人可以随时加入,如果想预定也可以提前报名。
So just kinda come and go if you wanna play clock tower kind of thing, and you could sign up and reserve them if you wanted.
而且我还向一群玩家介绍了《血染钟楼》,不过说真的,每到晚上,这游戏简直火爆到不行,这也很合理。
And, in fact, I introduced a a group of gamers to Blood on the Clock Tower and, had a but, I mean, everywhere you were, especially in the evening, it was a super, super popular game, which makes sense.
它确实是大型展会游戏的绝佳选择。
It's a great large number con game.
哦,抱歉。
Oh, I'm sorry.
我正在快速浏览日程安排,所以分心了。
Just looking over the schedule real quick because I'm doing that right now.
还有一点,涉及金钱的活动非常少。
Another thing, had very few things that were money involved.
尤文图斯是其中之一。
The Juventa was one of them.
他们还举办了迪士尼洛卡纳的主要锦标赛之一。
They also had one of the major Disney Lorcana championships was there.
他们让魔法风云会主办了一些活动。
They had magic hosting some things there.
甚至像'涂装带走'这样的活动,你可以带走一个微缩模型,都不涉及金钱,但这里有几项活动需要少量现金。
Even things like paint and takes where you could leave with a miniature, there was no money involved, but there were a couple things here where there was a little bit of cash.
我只是在看日程表时顺便提一下这个。
If I just wanted to bring that up while I was looking at the schedule real quick.
听起来不错。
Sounds good.
关于BGG Con的一些官方活动,我简单提一下,他们有数学交易活动。
So some of the official activities on BGG Con, I'll hit them real quickly, but they have the math trade.
如果你不熟悉数学交易,这对我来说是个非常有趣的概念。
If you're not familiar with the math trade, this is, to me, just a fascinating idea.
你只需在极客列表上发布信息,比如:嘿。
You just it's a geek list and you say, hey.
这些是我愿意交换的物品,每个人都会列出自己的清单。
These are the things that I'm willing to trade, and everyone makes this list.
然后你浏览列表并标注出自己想要的东西。
And then you go through and say, these are the things that I want.
比如我愿意用游戏A交换游戏B。
So I'm willing to trade game A for game B.
接着后台会进行大量数学运算,最终反馈结果:你把游戏A给Q君,Z君会把游戏B给你。
And and then there is a lot of math that happens somewhere behind the scenes, and then it comes back and says, all right, you give game A to person Q, and person Z is gonna give you game B.
虽然不清楚具体原理,但你成功处理掉了想转手的物品,也获得了心仪之物。
And you don't know how it works, but you get rid of what you wanted to get rid of, and you got what you wanted to get.
观察整个交易如何达成总是充满乐趣。
And it's always a lot of fun, just to see how that all shakes out.
我我总是很紧张。
I I always get nervous.
我看到它们,但最后都没参与。
I see them, and then I don't do them.
但我一直觉得它们很酷,只是从没参与过,因为事情太多了。
But I they've always seemed cool, but I've never been a part of one because there's just a lot going on.
确实如此。
There is.
确实如此。
There is.
有件事我总在做,而且乐在其中。
And one of the things that I'm I I always do it, and I have fun with it.
通常我换不到多少东西。
I don't usually get very many trades.
这次我只换到一个。
I only had one this time.
不过,这就像一种进进出出的事情。
But, it's an in and out kind of thing.
对吧?
Right?
我处理掉一个游戏,又得到一个游戏。
I'm getting rid of one game, and I'm getting a game.
所以我基本上收支平衡,这跟虚拟跳蚤市场有点不同——那是另一个极客清单,你把所有要卖的东西列上去,比如:
So I'm sort of net the same, which is a little bit different than the virtual flea market, which is another geek list where you put up all the stuff that you're like, hey.
‘这个卖10美元或20美元什么的’,然后人们会竞价。
I'm selling this for $10 or $20 or whatever, and people will bid on it.
到了指定时间,大家聚在一个大房间里,欠你钱的人过来找你,你收钱,给他们游戏,皆大欢喜。
And then there's a specific hour that you all meet in this big old room, and the people that owe you money come up to you, and you give you money, and you give them the game, and everybody's happy.
而且,这真的非常有趣,也完全可行。
And and again, that is just a lot of fun and able to be done.
我总是惊讶于整个流程能进行得多快——除了最后那个游戏,你等着那个说‘啊我完全忘了’的家伙的时候。
I'm always impressed how quickly you can basically turn everything around except when you've got the one last game and you're waiting on the dude who's like, oh, I totally forgot.
我提前五分钟到场。
I showed up five minutes before.
结果已经结束了。
It's all over.
你只能干坐着无聊地摆弄大拇指五十分钟。
And you're just sitting there chilling your thumbs for fifty minutes.
所以这是唯一的不足之处。
So that's the only sort of downside.
当然,他们还有市集本身,那就像个常规的跳蚤市场,非常热闹。
And, of course, they have the bazaar itself, which is a a a regular flea market kind of thing, which is crazy.
就像Gen Con展会上的经销商展厅那样,挤满了带着各种物品的人。
It's, you know, Gen Con dealer room kind of packed full of people with with stuff.
如果我们要讨论的是商业活动的话。
So if what we're gonna do is talk about commerce.
那我们暂时先不谈经销商展厅,因为我们俩肯定会有——我可以保证——截然不同的
So we will not talk about the dealer rooms just yet because we both are gonna have, I can assure you, way different
经历。
experiences.
绝对如此。
Absolutely.
需要说明的是,PAX Unplugged活动分布在多个楼层。
So couple things to note is PAX Unplugged is over multiple floors.
对吧?
Right?
甚至有个区域你得乘缆车才能上去,因为他们主要使用二楼,而要到四楼只有一条路线。
So there's even one part where you almost have to take a funicular to get up to it because they go for the 2nd Floor, and there's only one way to get to the 4th Floor.
你必须从二楼过去,因为三楼无法直达——三楼就是个餐厅。
And you have to do it from the second because there's no access from the third because the third's just a restaurant.
这就是费城会议中心的独特设计。
It's a whole thing with the Philadelphia Civic Center.
但最顶层是Unpub区域,展示未发布的游戏。
But the very Top Floor is unpub doing their unpublished games.
首秀区,这里和BGG(BoardGameGeek)很相似,陈列着各种热门游戏的新品,供大家试玩。这些游戏可能刚在埃森展发布,或将亮相东京游戏节、英国游戏博览会。
First looks, which is gonna look something like a lot of what BGG is, which is these are the hot games that we have copies of for you to play that are brand new and just came out likely at Essen or will be at the Tokyo Game Festival or the UK Games Expo.
这里就是获取最新热门游戏的地方。
Like, this is the get the hot thing.
或许能买,或许不能,但至少你能亲眼看到。
Maybe you can buy it, maybe you can't, but we know that you can see it.
而Unpub展区始终由出色的Unpub团队运营。
And then Unpub is always run by the fantastic people of Unpub.
他们经常参与这类活动。
They show up to a lot of these.
那个在马里兰州巴尔的摩市郊举办主Unpub活动的团队,也会负责费城的活动——毕竟他们的大本营更靠近费城。
The same group that does the main Unpub just outside of Baltimore, Maryland also does the one that is in Philadelphia because they're more based out of Philadelphia anyway.
基本情况就是这样。
So that's what that looks like.
除此之外还有些其他内容,我们会找机会再聊。
There's one and there's sort of some other things, and we'll find a way to talk about them.
但我想跟你聊聊一个特别的购买体验——独立游戏夜市。
But one buying experience I wanna talk to you about is the indie games night market.
具体安排是这样的:每天展区开放时间,我记得是从上午10点到下午6点。
So what the deal with this is is every day, the show floor, I believe, runs from 10AM to 6PM.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
在某一天,就在周六那天,他们会占用签名区——因为那里确实有个签名区。
On one day, on just the Saturday, they take the autograph area because there's an autograph area.
等一下。
Wait a minute.
他们会关闭那个区域,只让独立开发者进入。
They close it down, and they let just indie folks there.
规则似乎是,你必须亲手制作你的游戏,或者以某种方式自己完成它。
So the rules, I I seem to be, you have to hand make your game or you have to somehow make it yourself.
我不是说这里的每个人都有印刷机,或者每个人都在手工切割棋子之类的,但在BoardGameGeek上随处可见制作过程,比如有人展示'我正在做一款制作小汉堡的游戏,我用Rit染料染了所有要卖的50份游戏的配件'。
I don't wanna say that every person here has a printing press or that every person here is hand cutting meeples or anything, but, like, you could see the making of things all over board game geek of I'm making a game where you make little burgers, and I used Rit dye to dye all of the pieces for the 50 copies I'm selling.
或者你能看出很多都是概念验证,所有材料都来自某个桌游印刷厂。
Or you can tell a lot of them are proof of concept and all of the stuff came from one of the, like, board game printing places.
再说一遍?
Say it again?
Game Crafter。
Game crafter.
比如Crafter或Drive Through,你肯定能在某些作品上看到这种痕迹。
Like, crafter or drive through or, like, you can definitely see that on some of it.
有很多奇怪的想法,但它不完全像Unpub活动,因为这些人的>这些开发者已经完成了足够多的流程可以小规模发行,但这些人绝对不可能负担得起租用整排展位的费用。
It's a lot of weird ideas, but it sits it's not quite unpub because these folks have made the processes enough that they can pub a little bit, but there would be no earth where these people could remotely afford to look down one entire row of packs.
所以协议是这样的,Packs给他们一晚时间占用一小块区域。
So the deal is is packs gives them one night to take a small area.
我真希望我记得所有参与者的名字,但我不认识所有人,所以为了避免遗漏,我就不具体点名了。
And I over I wish I had all the names of everybody that worked on this, and I don't know all the people, so I'm not gonna get myself in trouble by naming some and forgetting others.
但有一群独立设计师和关心独立设计的人共同促成了这件事,这太疯狂了,埃里克。
But there's a group of indie designers and folks that care about indie designers that have put this together, And it's wild, Eric.
有款游戏叫《这不是烟斗》。
There was a game called this game is not a pipe.
好的。
Okay.
灵感来自那幅画,那幅画或这张图片不是烟斗。
Based on the painting, this painting or this picture is not a a pipe.
它画的是烟斗,但实际上是一幅烟斗的图片。
And it is of a pipe, but it's actually of a picture of a pipe.
那只是烟斗的图片,现在我们再看时,只能翻白眼了。
It's a picture of a pipe, which once again, we look at it now, roll our eyes.
但如果你身处1917年的法国,你的脑袋会炸开。
But if you were in France in, like, 1917, your head exploded.
这是其中一款游戏,你必须始终让‘这是一个骗局游戏’成真,基于卡片上的声明。
So that was one of the games where you have to always make the it's a trick taking game, but you have to always make the trick true based on the statements that are on the card.
所以如果你说类似‘这张牌会赢得这轮’,直到回合结束前你都无法确定其真实性,因为局势可能变化。
So if you say something like this card will win the trick, you don't know that's true until the end of the round, until it's the last trick because you don't know if it would because tricks may have changed.
这张牌是一根烟斗。
This card is a pipe.
这句话永远不可能为真,所以你永远不能这么出牌。
Can never be true, so you can't ever play that.
关于这个我就知道这么多。
That's all I know about it.
排队时间是晚上7点开始。
The line for it, 7PM was the time you could start.
我6:45就到了。
I got there at 06:45.
当时已经有100人在排队等着买那款游戏了。
There was already a line of a 100 people to get that game.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
所以他们立刻就售罄了。
So they sold out immediately.
我买了几款游戏。
I picked up a few games.
其中一款叫'优惠券剪刀手',是比赛谁剪优惠券更快的游戏。
One game was called coupon clipper where you competitively clip coupons.
好的。
Okay.
我还没机会玩它。
I haven't had a chance to play it.
等我玩过后会详细说说,所以现在就不多介绍了。
I will talk about it when I do, which is why I'm not gonna go into too many details on it right here.
那旁边还有一款我称之为纸艺的游戏,大概叫'折纸飞行',就是比赛折纸飞机,但要按照纸上的线条来折,这个等我玩过之后再详细说。
That was next to another game I would call paper craft called, I think, fold and fly where you competitively make paper airplanes, but based on the lines that are on the page, that's another one I'll talk about when I get a chance.
不过这些游戏在某种程度上都挺奇怪的。
But, like, all these games are just kind of weird in some way.
嗯。
Mhmm.
或者说它们目前看来可能还达不到专业印刷发行的标准。
Or they they couldn't necessarily sustain being printed professionally, at least at what they see right now.
但那场面太疯狂了。
But that was crazy.
因为有些游戏排队的有100人。
Because some of them, the line was a 100 people.
你根本买不到。
You're never getting it.
其他地方排队可能就三个人。
Other places had, like, three people in line.
所以如果你清楚自己想要哪些游戏并且动作够快,就能带着几款非常古怪、印量极少的游戏离开。
So if you knew the games you wanted and could move fast, you could get out with a few very weird, very low print games.
据我去年了解,用他们多个人的话说就是,'一场大屠杀'。
From what I understand last year, was what they multiple people told me was, quote, a bloodbath.
所以他们今年做得更好,因为问题在于——那些制作游戏和背后优秀的设计师们,真的希望它既轻松又赚钱。
So they did better this year because I the problem is is is the people that are making it and all the great designers behind it really want it to be just, like, laid back and mellow and profitable.
我们
We're
都在这儿。
all just here.
我们都喜欢古怪的东西。
We all love weird things.
让我们玩得开心。
Let's have fun.
但你告诉一个上万人的展会,周六晚上7点有50份游戏出售,然后宅男们就会做宅男该做的事。
But you've told a convention of over 10,000 people that there's 50 copies of a game to be sold at 7PM on Saturday, and nerds do what nerds do.
我也不例外。
I am no better.
我也和大家一样在抢购东西,所以我完全理解。
I was in the fray grabbing stuff as fast as anybody else, so I get it.
我想和你聊聊这里的两个游戏。
There are two games I wanna talk to you about from here.
一个是我玩过的,另一个只是想告诉你。
One I've played, one I just wanna tell you about.
首先,我要介绍一个游戏。
First, I'm gonna tell you about a game.
它叫《美杜莎的花园》。
It is called Medusa's Garden.
由菲尔·格罗斯和乔诺·内托设计。
It is designed by Phil Gross and Jono Naito.
再次强调,是自主发行的。
Once again, self published.
这就是我喜欢这款游戏的地方。
Here's what I love about this one.
当你购买这款游戏时,里面只有一袋卡片和一面儿童手镜。
The game when you purchase it is a bag of cards and a children's hand mirror.
好的。
Okay.
这就是你买到的全部内容。
That's what you've bought.
游戏本质上是个推理游戏,其中一人扮演侦探珀尔修斯,他需要找到美杜莎。
The game essentially is a deduction game where one person is detective Perseus, and detective Perseus is trying to find Medusa.
珀尔修斯只能通过镜子观察美杜莎。
He can only look at Medusa through the mirror.
通过镜子观察。
Through the mirror.
好的。
Okay.
其他玩家要么扮演雕像的角色,要么就是美杜莎本人。
Everybody else either has a position to be a statue or you are Medusa.
美杜莎必须与所有雕像角色联手合作。
Medusa has to get together with all the statues who essentially are all working together.
如果美杜莎触碰了扮演雕像的你,你必须在十秒内碎裂倒地。
If Medusa touches you as a statue, you have to crumble within ten seconds and fall down.
这样你就会退出人群堆。
So you end end up leaving the pile of people.
在此期间,珀尔修斯侦探只能使用这个儿童手镜,通过观察身后情况来推理局势。
All this time, detective Perseus has to just using this child's hand mirror, look behind him to figure out what is going on.
如果他成功指认美杜莎,他就获胜。
If he can identify Medusa, he wins.
如果美杜莎能摧毁半座花园,美杜莎就获胜。
If Medusa can destroy half the garden, Medusa wins.
本质上,你就像透过一个非常狭窄的窗口观察身后,试图找出哪个角色正在移动——因为他们会轻微移动去触碰别人。
So, essentially, you're looking through this very small window looking back behind you trying to figure out what person is changing because they're gonna move a little bit to touch somebody.
但所有作为雕像的人也在那个队伍中,所以他们想把自己挡在美杜莎前面,并彼此缠绕在一起,让你分不清谁是谁。
But all of the people that are statues are also on that team, so they want to position themselves in front of Medusa and intertwined with within each other so that you don't know who's who.
这看起来超级酷。
That just seems super cool.
我还没玩过这个游戏。
I haven't played it yet.
盒子上写着5到16人。
The box says five to 16.
我觉得应该少于8个人。
I would argue less than eight people.
我不太明白这游戏怎么玩,毕竟我还没试过。
I don't see how this is really playable, but I haven't played it.
我们会弄明白的。
We'll find out.
但这是我最先拿到的游戏,因为我想带着那个有儿童手镜的游戏离开,可能是个我喜欢的群体推理游戏。
But the idea that was the very first game I got to because I wanted to leave with the game with the kid's hand mirror where you might have a group deduction game that I like.
是啊。
That yeah.
对。
Yeah.
听起来很吸引人。
That sounds fascinating.
没错。
Yeah.
说到两点。
Speaking of two two points.
你提到过,你知道的,一万人。
You you mentioned, you know, 10,000 people.
BGG大会的规模大约是3500到3600人,他们有意控制人数上限。
BGG Con, roughly 3,500, 3,600 was its population, and they intentionally cap it.
他们试图缓慢控制增长。
They try to control the growth slowly.
简单来说就是让你对规模有个概念。
So just to kind of give you an idea of scale there.
你提到有几款游戏我想聊聊。
You talked about there's actually a couple of games that I want to talk about.
其中一款介绍给我玩的游戏叫《推理或死亡》。
One that was introduced to me was a game called deduce or die.
我们的朋友卡洛斯·埃尔南德斯。
So friend of ours, Carlos Hernandez.
嘿,卡洛斯。
Hey, Carlos.
他说:你们夫妻俩想玩推理游戏吗?
He said, you guy would you and your wife want to play a deduction game?
纯粹的推理游戏?
A pure deduction game?
我当时回答:好啊。
I was like, yeah.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
好的
Sure.
我们开始吧
Let's do it.
于是我们就玩了
So we did it.
这不是一个正式发行的游戏
And this was it's not it's not a published game.
我想它最初是登在某个游戏杂志上的,后来逐渐演变了一些
It's one of those I think it was in, like, a games magazine or something, and it has evolved a little bit.
基本上就是一副有三组花色、数字1到9的卡牌
But there's basically a deck of cards with three suits, one through nine.
你洗牌后抽出两张放进盒子里,剩下的牌分发给每个人
And you shuffle that up, you take two of those cards out and you stick them in a box, and then you deal the rest of it to everybody.
现在除了那两张牌,其他牌都在玩家手里了
So now all the cards except those two are out there.
你的目标就是找出那两张牌是什么。
And what you're trying to do is figure out what those two cards are.
然后还有另一副牌,同样有三套花色,数字从一到九。
And then there's another deck of cards, same thing, three suits, one through nine.
数量翻倍了。
It's doubled.
好的。
Okay.
你抽三张牌。
And you draw three cards.
然后根据这三张牌的花色,你可以向别人提问。
And then based on what those three cards are, are the questions you can ask somebody.
举个例子,如果它们都是同一花色且数字是二、四、六,我可以说:布鲁斯,你有这个花色二到六之间的牌吗?
So for instance, if they're all the same suit and there's numbers like two, four, and six, I can say, Bruce, do you have any of this suit between two and six?
然后你会回答:我有三张之类的。
And you would say, I have three or whatever.
然后你有一张小表格,开始在上面做标记。
And then you've got a little sheet and you start marking things down.
基本上就是不断重复这个过程,直到有人认为自己知道那两张牌是什么,而这两张牌会引导你找到某人手中持有的特定一张牌,你还需要进一步推断出那张牌。
And you just basically lather, rinse, repeat until someone thinks they know what those two cards are, and then those two cards will lead you to a specific card that somebody's holding in their hand that you then have to figure out that as well.
好的。
And Okay.
这就是游戏规则。
That's the game.
这非常吸引人。
And it's fascinating.
很有趣。
It's interesting.
这是纯粹的推理。
It's pure deduction.
进行到一半时,有人说,哦,你知道,我有三张这样的牌。
And halfway through, someone said, oh, you know, I have three of these.
花色分别代表金钱、爱情与暴力,比如美元对应金钱,红心对应爱情,剑对应暴力。
The suits are like dollars, hearts, and, like, swords representing money, love, and violence.
因为你们本应是在破解一桩谋杀案。
And, because you're supposed to be solving a murder.
然后他就说,是啊。
And, you know, he's like, yeah.
我有三张红心。
I have three hearts.
我看了看记录表说,我原以为他只有两张红心。
And I looked out of my sheet and I said, he's I thought he had two hearts.
所以我肯定在某个环节出错了。
So I have made a mistake somewhere.
我该怎么回溯这个错误呢?
And how do I roll this back?
但这真的很有意思。
But it was really interesting.
这太迷人了。
It's fascinating.
而且这是你可以自己动手制作的那种东西。
And it's the kind of thing you can make yourself.
你知道的,拿三副自行车牌组就能开始玩了。
You know, grab yourself three bicycle decks and then run with it.
以前有过一种艺术牛印刷版——不是印刷即玩,而是一种可以购买的艺术牛牌组。
There were used to be, like, an arts cow prints and play not print and play, but an art cow deck that you could purchase.
可惜那个链接早就失效了。
But that link has long since expired, unfortunately.
但我真的觉得这既有趣又令人着迷。
But I really found it just to be this real fascinating fun.
我的意思是,它特别适合那些喜欢安静坐着思考的人——他们会想'如果这个等于这个,那个等于那个,那么结论必然是那个'。
I mean, it's not it it's a hit for people who like to sit around, be quiet, and thinking, I wonder if this if this is this and this is this, then therefore, this must be this.
让我来问你这类问题吧。
Let me ask you this kind of thing.
你知道吗?
You know?
就像一群马普尔小姐围坐在桌边的感觉,但很有趣。
Bunch of miss Marples around the table kinda deal, but it's fun.
能在这么小的包装里体验到这些真的很酷。
And it's cool to get that in such a small package.
你懂吧?
You know?
刚刚好。
Just Right.
什么?
What?
纸牌吗?
Cards?
对。
Yeah.
差不多是这样吧。
Something like that.
是啊。
Yeah.
能把52口径的艺术卡组、52张艺术卡组做成这样,确实是种很酷的体验。
To to have that as a 52 cal arts cal deck, 52 card arts cal deck, that's kind of a cool experience.
没错。
Yeah.
我想说它可能还不止于此,但无论如何都很精致。
I wanna say it's a little bit more, but regardless, it's neat.
另外还有件事——这也是我喜欢去BGG的原因之一,也是我觉得这类展会最棒的地方——我妻子偶然发现了一款叫《Link Two》的游戏。
Now the other thing, and this is one of the reasons why I love going to BGG and one of the things that I think is just perfect about it and similar conventions is my wife stumbled across a game called Link two.
是个小型卡牌问答游戏。
It's a little card trivia game.
你之前听说过这个吗?
Are you familiar with this at all?
是的。
Yep.
好的。
Okay.
我玩过烹饪版和旅行版。
I have played both the cooking and the travel versions.
我们玩的是烹饪版和旅行版。
We played the cooking and the travel versions.
就是这样。
There you go.
但还有其他几个版本。
But there are a few others.
这个游戏的玩法是摊开卡片,我记得里面大概有60张。
And so what the idea behind this game is you lay out, I think it's like 60 cards in there.
如果是烹饪版,那里面全是各种不同的食物。
If it's the cooking one, it's all kinds of different foods.
如果是旅行版本,那就是各种不同的地点。
If it's the travel one, it's all kinds of different locations.
对吧?
Right?
然后还有另一叠卡片,每张卡片上有五个问题,难度会逐渐增加。
And then there's another stack of cards and there are five questions on each card so that they get more difficult.
从第一级开始,逐步挑战到第五级。
Start at level one, work your way to level five.
你翻开第一张卡片,读第一个问题,它会问比如'埃及的狮身人面像注视着什么巨型建筑',你就会说'哦,肯定是金字塔'。
So you look up the first card, you read the question one, it's going to say, you know, what giant thing or the Sphinx looks at this giant thing in Egypt and you say, oh, it must be the pyramids.
于是我拿起这张卡片放在金字塔图案上。
So I take this card and I lay it down on the pyramids.
就这样不断重复操作,直到你回答完所有问题。
And you just lather, rinse, repeat till you get to the end of you've answered every one of these questions.
所有问题都在卡片上,最后会剩下一张没有对应答案的卡片。
All these questions are on a card and there'll be one card left that does not have an answer on it.
你把它翻过来。
You flip it over.
背面有一个小代码,你把它和你当前级别的答案代码对比。
There's a little code on the back, and you compare it to the answer code for your level.
如果匹配,就说明你都答对了。
And if they match, then you know you got everything right.
如果不匹配,你就得试着回头看看哪里出错了。
And if they don't match, then you kinda try and go back and figure out what you got wrong.
游戏里还有个机制能判断特定卡片是否正确。
And there is a mechanism in there to determine whether a specific card is correct or not.
但这就是游戏规则。
But that's the game.
然后你收起所有问题卡片说:'嘿,我们试试第二关吧'。
Then you scoop up all the questions and say, hey, let's try level two.
接着你开始第二关,重新分发卡片。
And then you do level two, and you distribute them out.
然后你说,嘿。
And then you say, hey.
我们来试试第三关吧。
Let's try level three.
接着你玩第四关。
And then you do level four.
然后你玩第五关。
And then you do level five.
然后你说,哦,真好玩,我再也不用玩这个游戏了。
And you say, oh, it was fun, and I never need to play this game again.
是的。
Yep.
百分百真实。
All 100% true.
我觉得你能从中玩五局游戏。
I would say you get five games out of it.
它大概就15美元。
It costs, like, $15.
我觉得它不欠你什么。
I don't think it owes you anything.
确实如此。
That is true.
很棒的游戏。
Great game.
玩个五次就转送给别人,就其本质而言已经非常出色了。
Get your five plays and then give it to somebody else, and it is wonderful for what it is.
没错。
Yes.
我真的很高兴我们能有机会玩到并体验它。
And I and I'm really excited that we got to got to play that and try it out.
而且我得说那些冷知识问答从来不算特别难。
And I will say that the trivia was never super difficult.
比如,我们总能一次就答对。
Like, we always got it right on the first try.
有些卡片你们会先放在一边,等最后看剩下什么再决定,但问题设计得很巧妙。
There were some cards you put off to the side and would decide at the end when we saw what was left, but But the questions were neat.
比如,第一级的问题都相当直白。
Like, the level ones one were pretty straightforward.
知道吗,搅拌牛奶时就会发生这种情况。
Know, this stuff happens when you churn milk.
你会想,哦,这肯定是黄油。
You're like, oh, it must be butter.
但到最后,问题开始变得有点冷门了。
But then at the end, they start to get kind of esoteric.
比如,有些问题冷门到我现在一个都想不起来,但它们确实越来越晦涩。
Like, you know, can't even think of one of them, but, you know, they start to get really obscure.
我能举例但不会说,因为我希望所有想玩的人都亲自去体验。
I can because and I'm not going to because I want everybody that wants to play it to go out there and play it.
但在旅行主题的第五关里,有一条线索,我让所有人都相信游戏会突然采用填字游戏的方式处理问题。
But there was one where in the travel one, in level five of the travel one, there is one clue, and I convinced everybody that suddenly the game was gonna treat things like a crossword puzzle.
它会变得超级超级聪明。
It was gonna be super duper clever.
大家都说,'布鲁斯,我觉得他们没那么聪明'。
People were like, I don't think they're that clever, Bruce.
然后我说,'不'。
And was like, no.
不。
No.
不。
No.
他们必须得是。
They've they've gotta be.
对吧?
Right?
还能是什么别的呢?
What else could it be?
肯定是这个东西。
It's gotta be this thing.
然后他们说,好吧,老兄。
And they went, okay, man.
比如,我想不出其他可能了。
Like, I can't think anything else.
确实。
Sure.
最后我们不得不作弊,因为我被自己错误的思维模式困住,给出了太多错误答案,把局面搞得一团糟。
And we finally had to cheat because I had I had twisted us up so bad with so many wrong answers because of my wrong paradigm I got trapped in.
但问题是,那个错误问题导致我们把另外六样东西也放错了位置,要纠正回来简直痛苦不堪。
But that was the only and the problem was it was the one question that was wrong, but it made us take six other things and put them in the wrong places, and winding that back was so painful.
所以实际上大家都对我很恼火,因为我是罪魁祸首。不过我们也觉得,至少这证明游戏里确实存在让人深陷的陷阱——没错。
So we were kinda actually like everyone was mad at me because I was the problem, But we were like, well, at least there is a way to get ensnared in this game Yes.
而不是一遍又一遍地解决49个问题。
Rather than just knock down 49 questions over and over again.
至少存在某种方式会让你困惑到难以应对。
At least there is some way in which you could become confused enough to make it difficult.
是的。
Yes.
所以,没错,我们玩'链接二'时很开心。
So, yeah, I we had fun playing link two.
我肯定会尝试玩其他几款。
I would definitely play some of the others.
我不确定会不会特意去买它们。
I don't know that I'd run out and buy them.
但就像你说的,15美元而已。
But like you said, I mean, $15.
这个价格不算离谱。
It's not outrageous.
我要说的是我和家人一起玩过这些游戏。
I'm gonna say I played them with my family.
我想说可能是上个假期和一群朋友一起玩的。
I wanna say maybe last holidays and played them with a bunch of friends.
我甚至要给它写个好评并点赞,前提是你不是讨厌益智问答的人。
I'm gonna go so far as to give it a review and give it a thumbs up, assuming you don't hate trivia.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果你
If you
讨厌琐事,一个
hate trivia, one
这东西不会
thing this is not gonna
改变你的信仰。
change your religion.
但如果你能接受琐事问答并且想要一个好的游戏体验,因为它做到了我认为琐事问答通常不太擅长的方面——我们上次讨论琐事游戏时就提到过——那就是它真正实现了合作游戏的本质。
But if you can tolerate trivia and you want a good because it does the one thing I think trivia doesn't do super well, and we talked about this the last time we talked about trivia games, which was this lets it really be a co op game.
你们确实能真正地协同合作,这种感觉从来不会让人感到糟糕。
And you really all do get to work together, and that never feels bad.
如果有人恰好知道答案,那很好。
If someone just knows that you go, good.
你说得对。
You're right.
对于很多题目,你看着内容就能直接回答:好的。
Now for a lot of them, you look at the thing and go, okay.
是这个。
It's this.
是这个。
It's this.
有时题目过于简单,你得记得告诉大家你在做什么。
And you have to remember to kinda, like, tell everybody what you're doing because they're so simple sometimes.
但如果你在寻找一种能与从姑婆到小孩等所有人共享的合作问答体验,我强烈推荐至少尝试链接中的美食版和旅行版。
But it is a great if you're looking for a co op trivia experience you can have with, like, everybody from your great aunt all the way down to children, I do suggest the link to is at least the the food one and the travel one.
是啊。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我同意你的观点。
I agree with you.
所以按照同样的思路,他们今年举办了年度解谜活动。
So in in that same line, they had the puzzle hunt, the annual puzzle hunt this year.
于是我们坐下来一起参与了。
And so we we sat down and did that.
我记得上次参加解谜活动还是2018年,那次我们表现得还不错。
Now the last I figured out the last time I did the puzzle hunt was, like, 2018, and it was we did okay.
我想我们大概完成了三分之二的谜题。
I think we got maybe two thirds of the puzzles completed.
这次,我们和几个认识的高手一起参加了。
This time, we did it with a couple people that we knew that were super good.
又是卡洛斯,他玩过'推理或死亡'游戏,也是他把这个游戏介绍给我们的。
Carlos again, who had done the deduce or die game or who had introduced it to us.
于是我们就坐下来玩,这次更像是个解谜小酒馆的风格。
And so, yeah, we sat down, and this one was much more like a puzzled pint.
大概只有六七个谜题,可能八个。
Like, there was only six or seven puzzles, maybe eight.
它们都指向某个特定的目的地,我想这是最好的描述方式。
And they were they all kind of led to a particular a particular destination, I guess, the best way to put it.
还挺有意思的。
It was kind of fun.
整个主题是关于一家餐厅,那里有对双胞胎女孩想吃鸡柳却吃不到。
The whole theme was a restaurant where these twin girls wanted chicken strips and couldn't get them.
现在她们死了,像《闪灵》里那样阴魂不散。
And now they died and haunted like The Shining.
它叫做《餐厅惊魂》,但整个主题都与《闪灵》相关。
It's called The Dining, but the whole thing was all Shining related.
所以你经历了一系列不同的谜题。
So you went through a bunch of different puzzles.
我得说我们玩得非常开心。
And I will say we we had a lot of fun.
我们完成了所有谜题,成功解开了它。
We finished all the puzzles, solved it.
但我真正喜欢的是它的低调,我要用‘包容’这个词来形容。
But what I really like about it is how low key and I'm gonna use the word inclusive.
说到包容,我的意思是他们希望你能玩得开心。
And by inclusive, I mean, like, they want you to have fun.
他们希望你提出问题。
They want you to ask questions.
如果你被难住了,他们很乐意解答。
If you get stumped, they're happy to answer it.
要知道,即便你对解谜寻宝这类活动只有一点点兴趣,也完全不必感到畏惧。
You know, it's just nothing to be intimidated about if you have even the the slight interest of doing kind of a puzzle hunt sort of thing.
不错。
Nice.
我想说这也是PAX活动的另一大优点,他们希望在任何意义上都做到包容——这个词的所有含义。
And I wanna say that is also another good thing about packs, and they wanna be inclusive in every way in which you can use that word.
无论你是谁,身在何处,来自何方,以何种方式抵达,如何参与游戏,如何互动——他们都希望你能参与其中,并为你找到融入的方式。这正是我一直钟爱PAX的原因,所有PAX活动给我的感觉始终如此。
And and that is from whoever you are, wherever you are, wherever you're coming from, however you get here, however you play, however you move around, whatever it is, they want you to be here, and they wanna make a way for you to be a part of this, which is something I've always really loved about the PAXs, all of them across the board for me, is that that's how it's always felt.
如果你有过去Pax展的不良体验,我听说早年间的展会可能并不总是那么出色。
If you have experiences from old Paxes that are bad, I've heard that back in the day, maybe they weren't always the greatest.
但自2017年以来我所见的一切都堪称一流。
Everything I've seen since, like, 2017 has been really tops.
哦,这很有趣——让我想起一件事,抱歉,但这确实相关。
Oh, that's interest that's it reminds the one of the things that I'm sorry, but it's related.
不。
No.
BGG有一个感官室。
BGG had a sensory room.
我忘了他们具体是怎么描述的,但它大致位于安静游戏区后面的偏远位置。
I forget the exact way they put it, but it was kind of in the back of beyond the quiet games area.
所以他们有几个小房间被指定为安静游戏区,在那里玩游戏就像在图书馆里一样。
So they had a bunch of smaller rooms that they designated quiet games area where you play like you're playing in a library.
而在那后面,他们有一个...整个设计理念就是,如果感觉感官超负荷了——如果你去过拉斯维加斯,就完全明白我们在说什么了。
And then behind that, they had sort of a the the whole point is if it's just too much sensory overload, then if you've ever been to Vegas, you know exactly what we're talking about.
然后你可以进入这个房间。
Then you can go into this room.
我探头往里看了看,里面很整洁。
And I and I poked my head in there, and it was neat.
我是说,他们当然有一些灯光很柔和。
I mean, they had some really of course, the lights were subdued.
到处都是彩色的灯光在闪烁。
There was colored lights going all over place.
那里播放的不是白噪音,而是一些背景音乐之类的。
There was some not white noise, but, you know, kind of background music y kind of stuff.
是的。
Yeah.
真的,你只需要坐在那里,放松片刻,或者根据需要的时间来减压,然后重新投入喧嚣之中。
And literally, you just kinda sat there and just sorta decompressed for a moment or two or as long as you needed to and then back into the fray of things.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
而且Pax也做了同样的事情。
And once again, Pax does the same thing.
我记得那个房间好像就叫涂色书室。
I think literally it's called like the coloring book room.
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
你可以
You can
如果你想的话,就进去涂涂色书。
just go in and color coloring books if you want to.
如果你需要暂时离开,但又想让手头有点事做,我觉得这是个很酷的点子。
If you just need to kinda be away, but you want your hands to do something, which I think is a cool thing.
虽然我自己从不需要这个,但作为曾经卖过快乐鲑鱼游戏的人,我确实遇到过有人因为刺激过度而直接从我面前跑开的情况,他们会突然朝某个方向冲出去。
It's not a thing I ever need, but having been the person that sold people happy salmon, I did sometimes have people literally run away from me going, that was too much stimulation, and they just, would bolt off in a direction.
所以我完全能理解那种感受。
So I certainly can understand.
在开始另一个游戏评测前,我想先接着你之前的话题聊聊。
So I guess to to play off your thing before I I jump into another game review.
你刚才提到了解谜寻宝活动。
So you were saying there is the puzzle hunt.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我认为这正好能体现我们两个节目之间的显著差异。
And I think this is about to show a perfect difference between these two shows.
BGG有一个解谜寻宝活动。
BGG has a puzzle hunt.
我们会在某个时间停下来进行解谜寻宝。
We stop at a time and we have our puzzle hunt.
PAX展会期间,每天都有持续开放的谜题房间贯穿整个大会。
At PAX, there is an ongoing puzzle room every day of the entire convention.
这是展会固定环节——专门设有包含锦标赛、真人角色扮演等内容的完整区域。
That is just a part of the show that is there is an entire area that is tournaments, LARPs.
我正在看相关介绍。
I'm reading the thing right now.
如果你想体验谋杀之谜类游戏,可以去谋杀之谜专区看看。
Murder Mystery Things, if you wanna check out Murder Mystery Things.
我记得Jabinci游戏也是谋杀之谜专区的一部分。
I think it's also where the Jabinci game was, specifically as part of Murder Mystery.
还有欺诈游戏区可以玩群体欺诈类游戏,以及专门的解谜游戏区。
The deception zone, if you wanna play any of those, like, mass deception games, and then the puzzle zone.
如果你想参加解谜活动,他们每天至少会举办一场解谜活动,你可以随时加入。
So if you wanted to do a puzzle hunt, there were running puzzle hunts at least once a day that you could jump into if you wanted to be a part of it.
或者如果你只想玩解谜类游戏,那里有一整片解谜游戏区供你选择,我觉得他们这种安排方式挺有意思的。
Or if you just wanted to play puzzle type games, there was an entire puzzle type game area for you, which I think is just kind of a neat thing about how they do stuff here.
是啊。
Yeah.
我同意。
I agree.
说到游戏库,我提过他们有大约8000款游戏。
Library wise, I mentioned they had like 8,000 games.
活动结束后他们总会公布借出统计数据。
At the end, they always post the checkout statistics.
顺便说一句,《热力街头》是展会最热门的游戏之一。
Hot Street, by the way, one of the hottest games of the convention.
其中大约只有3000款游戏被借出过,我觉得这个数据挺有意思的。
Only 3,000 of those games approximately were checked out, which I thought was kind of interesting.
我觉得可能应该更多样化一些。
I felt like it might have been a little more, a little broader.
以前他们确实会带上整个游戏库,但现在规模太大了,如果某个游戏几年都没人玩,就得从架上撤下来。
And there used to be back in the day, they'd bring their entire library, but now the library has gotten so large, they have to sorta if it doesn't get played in a couple of years, it gets pulled off the shelf kind of thing.
但他们设了一个新游戏专区,这些游戏的借阅时间更短。
But they had a section for newer games, and those had a shorter checkout time.
当然,这些新游戏周转得特别快。
And, of course, those were were turnover, you know, quite quickly.
剩下的游戏嘛,你可以慢慢浏览挑选。
And then they had the, you know, the rest of the games, and you can go through and and check those out.
我们玩过的一个游戏叫'环中物'。
One of the games that we played was things in rings.
不知道你听说过没有。
I don't know if you're familiar with this.
好的。
Okay.
我好像听说过这个,但不太了解。
So I feel like I've heard of it, but I don't know it well.
所以
So
这个游戏的创意当然是基于维恩图的概念。
the idea, of course, it's Venn diagram sort of based.
你有这些环。
You have these rings.
它们其实就是一圈绳子。
They're just a a circular piece of string.
一个是红色,一个是蓝色,一个是黄色。
One's red, one's blue, one's yellow.
你把它们摆成类似维恩图的样子。
And you set them out kind of Venn diagram like.
我记不清具体颜色了,但其中一个环有文字规则,比如必须包含两个相邻的元音字母。
And I forget the colors, but one of them is a word rule, like, has to have two vowels that are next to one another.
好的。
Okay.
其中一个是关于它是什么的描述。
One of them is a description of what it is.
比如,哦,它会发出声音。
Like, oh, it makes sound.
然后我忘记第三个是什么了,因为我们从没做到第三个。
And then I forget what the third one was because we never made it to the third one.
然后你手里会有一叠卡片,上面都是些随机的东西。
And so then you have a a handful of cards, and it's just a bunch of random stuff.
比如木琴、大脑、芦笋之类的,什么都有。
A xylophone, a brain, you know, asparagus, whatever.
然后一个人会选出四张卡片,放到它们对应的圆圈里。
And one person will put, I think, four cards in whichever circle that it goes in.
比如说,木琴这个词没有连续的两个元音,所以它应该完全放在一个圆圈里。
So, like, xylophone makes It doesn't have two consecutive vowels, so it's gonna go in the fully in one circle.
然后其他卡片会放入另一个圆圈里。
And then there's a other cards are gonna go in the other circle.
接下来玩家们会在自己的圆圈里放一张卡片,然后裁判会告诉他们是否正确。
And then what's gonna happen is the players are gonna put a card down in their circle, then the judge is gonna tell them whether they got it right or not.
如果答对了就很好,因为游戏目标就是出完所有手牌。
If they got it right, that's good because the object is to get rid of all your cards.
如果答错了,裁判会把卡片移到正确位置,然后玩家需要抽一张新牌。
If they got it wrong, the judge moves it to where it's supposed to be, and then they draw a new card.
当然,这个游戏的关键就是要弄清楚这些圆圈遵循什么规则。
And the game, of course, is to try and determine what are the rules governing the circles.
没错。
Yep.
现在我要说我超爱这个创意。
Now I'm gonna say I love the idea.
我超爱这个设计理念。
I love the concept.
还有,是的。
And Yep.
我玩的时候,具体记不清我的字母或单词是什么了,但规则很类似于两个元音相邻且能发出声音的东西。
When I was playing, I forget exactly what my letters my words were one, but it was very similar to having two vowels next to each other and something that makes noise.
这非常简单。
And it was very easy.
木琴,它显然能发出声音。
The xylophone, it clearly makes noise.
芦笋不会发出声音。
Asparagus does not make noise.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
Yep.
所以我们玩得很开心。
And so we had fun playing that.
但另外三次我们玩这个游戏时,出现了太多随意性的东西。
But the other three times we played it, there were so many arbitrary things.
里面有曲线。
Has a curve in it.
有人扮演墓碑。
Someone plays a tombstone.
墓碑有曲线吗?
Does a tombstone have a curve?
嗯,画里确实有。
Well, the drawing did.
但当你想到墓碑时,你会认为它有曲线吗?
But do when you think of a tombstone, do you think of it as a curve?
可能会。
You might.
也可能不会。
You might not.
所以现在那个人必须做出决定。
So now that person has to make a decision.
就是这个问题,它到底有没有曲线?
Is this you know, does it have a curve or does it not?
而且似乎很多描述词都是这样的。
And it it seemed like a lot of the descriptors were like that.
我觉得字母部分还算直截了当。
I gotta kinda like, the the letters were pretty straightforward.
要么符合规则,要么不符合。
Either it follows the rules or it doesn't.
但很多时候那些属性太模糊了,说实话这让游戏变得没那么有趣。
But the the attributes were so vague in a lot of times that it it honestly became less fun.
我们玩过一局游戏,大概有15张牌,其中至少有10张属于'无'类别,意味着它们两个标准都不符合。天啊。
We played one game where, I think there were 15 cards out and at least 10 of them were in the none, meaning it didn't meet either criteria Oh, goodness.
就是这种情况。
Kind of thing.
是啊。
So Yeah.
我觉得如果玩得多了,能预判设计师对属性的定义,可能会玩得更好些。
I think if you played it a lot and started getting ahead of the designer of what they thought an attribute was, I think you could sort of get better at it.
但我觉得这显然是个需要谨慎对待的游戏。
But I think that this is a really this is a clearly a yellow light.
这个创意确实不错,但还需要进一步打磨。
It was really a good idea, but I think it needs another level of refinement.
我很好奇是否真能做到这一点。
And I'm curious if you can even get that.
对吧?
Right?
就像老式的《猜猜我是谁》那种节目
So if you think of the old, like like, what's my line?
那些老游戏节目就会这样处理。嗯哼。
Like, the old game shows that would do this Mhmm.
你需要运行一个非常简单的程序。
Where you would have to run something very simple.
这个人是谁?
Who is this person?
没有其他内容。
Not anything else.
他们的职业是什么?
What is their job?
这就是《我是做什么的》的玩法。
That's what's my line.
我的职业是什么?
What is my job?
仅此而已。
And that's it.
这就是你唯一需要考虑的。
That's all you can worry about.
你还需要一个主持人,在节目过程中要时不时看向场外的制作人示意,然后有人会说,嗯,你知道的,我是个职业拳击手。
And you still need a host who during the show has to, like, look off stage at a producer to say and then a person who's like, well, you know, I'm a professional boxer.
我是个艺人吗?
Am I an entertainer?
是的。
Yes.
而且,就像,我喜欢人们被我逗乐。
And, like, I like, people are entertained by me.
懂吗?
You know?
这就是一条规则。
And that's one rule.
这不是多条规则,也不是盯着这个词看。
That's not multiple rules and also looking at the word.
所以我认为这种游戏在纸面上总是让人感觉很好,因为它设计得很巧妙。
So I think that's just the kind of game that on paper's always gonna feel good because it's brilliant.
然后当你必须去做的时候,你会觉得,哦。
And then once you have to do it, you're like, oh.
而如果你是那个试图帮忙却让你感觉糟糕的人,如果你是那些无法理解的人,你会觉得自己像个傻瓜。
And then if you're the person trying to help you feel bad, if you're the people that can't get it, you feel like fools.
对。
Right.
它
It
陷入了派对游戏可能陷入的那种陷阱,因为它们太简单了,就是当你无法完成那个酷炫动作时,你会因为做不到而感到沮丧。
falls in that party game trap that party games can fall in because they're so simple is that when you can't do the cool thing, you feel bad you can't.
我超级好奇是否真有人能设计出一款既能做到这点又行之有效的游戏。
And I'm I'm super curious if there is if someone ever comes up with the game that does that that works.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道吗?
You know?
完全同意。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yep.
我同意你的观点。
I agree with you.
嘿。
Hey.
我是埃里克。
This is Eric.
我想告诉大家,自2020年起我们就一直使用Zencastr进行所有录音工作,这对我们帮助巨大——它不仅能提供基础网站功能让大家相互连接沟通(类似Zoom和Teams),还能将每条音轨单独录制,这在后期剪辑时至关重要。
I just wanted to let you guys know that since 2020, we've been using Zencastr to do all of our recording, which has been a huge help to us because what it allows you to do is have your basic website where you can connect with one another and communicate with one another, you know, like your Zooms and your Teams, but it also records everything in a separate track, which is critical when editing time comes around.
所以,我强烈推荐你们。
So, hey, I encourage you.
去试试Zencastr吧
Check out Zencastr,
zencastr.com。
zencastr.com.
我们来看看。
Let's take a look.
还有一点我想指出的是,当我查看PAX地图时,发现PAX地图上有多个剧院。
Another thing I wanna note as I'm looking over at the PAX Map is that the PAX Map has multiple theaters.
所以在活动期间,还有剧院式座位的表演。
So during the thing, there are also seated theater style shows.
无论是Acquisition Inc的现场表演,还是omegathon决赛,或是dropout的Ify在那里主持的即兴游戏秀——费城有个即兴团体专门做DND和玩家LARP这类极客内容,他们也在那里有活动。
So whether that's Acquisition Inc doing a live play, whether that's the end of the omegathon, whether that is Ify from dropout was there and hosted, like, a we're gonna make a live improv game show, an improv group out of Philadelphia that does, like, you know, D and D and gamer LARP nerd stuff had stuff there.
因此还有另一个特点:这里有固定的剧院时间表,包括一个主剧院和几个分剧院,比如教学剧院——本质上是个大宴会厅,每两小时就会有人用大屏幕展示游戏配件,由精通游戏的人教你玩新游戏,这也引出了我稍后要分享的一个经历。
So that is another thing where there is a consistent theater schedule of, like, a main theater and several other theaters, including learn to play theaters, where essentially it's a large ballroom where every two hours, there's a new game that someone that knows the game inside and out is gonna teach you with pieces like being up on a giant screen so you can see it, which is how we get into one of my experiences that I'll get to in a moment.
因为在周六结束时,我们和Flip Flory接管了教学剧院,玩了一个非教学性质的游戏。
Because at the end of Saturday with Flip Flory, we took over the How to Play theater to do a non How to Play game.
这算是另一个不同点——这个展会规模实在太大了。
That's sort of another difference is this show is so big.
那里有你可以去观看的剧场演出。
It has theater shows you can go see.
那真是太棒了,简直疯狂。
That is that is awesome and crazy.
确实如此。
It it really is.
真的,真的是这样。
It really, really is.
因为在我参与的时间里,我做了两件事。
Because the part of my time there are two things I did.
我被邀请在会展中心附近停车场的厢式卡车后部做卡拉OK,然后我还在'如何游玩'区进行了活动。
I was brought in to do karaoke in the back of a box truck in a parking lot near the convention center, and then I also did the thing at how to play.
不过我想...我能谈谈另一个游戏吗?
But I want to can I can I talk about another game?
当然可以。
Absolutely.
我还有一款游戏要介绍,随着我们节目期数的增加,我肯定会更多地聊聊我在独立游戏夜市上买的那些游戏。
So I have one more game from the and I'm sure over time as we do more episodes, I'll talk more about the games I got at the indie night market.
其中有款我买了并且玩过好几次的游戏,叫做'老虎机大富翁'。
But one that I got and I've played several times is a game called slot machine millionaire.
它由约翰·巴伦设计,艺术指导是拉格纳·泰西耶。
It is designed by John Barron with art by Ragnar Tessier.
希望我没念错你的名字——不过很可能还是念错了。
I hope I'm not saying your name wrong, but I probably am.
本质上,我们都在...呃...教你玩。
And, essentially, we all, like, teach you.
对吧?
Right?
我可不会。
I do not.
但我能理解人们喜欢它的点。
But I I see what people like about it.
我不认为这是个糟糕的游戏。
I don't think it's a bad game.
只是我不
It's just I don't
喜欢去记那些规则,好吧。
like to remember whether okay.
所以这可能对你有点效果,也可能没有。
So this may or may not actually work for you a little bit.
如果你能接受弃牌环节,但讨厌整个'教你'的部分,这个游戏可能适合你。
If you're okay with the shedding cards part, but you hate the entire thing around teach you part, this may work for you.
本质上,这是个'教你'风格的弃牌游戏,但所有牌面上都没有数字。
Essentially, this is a teach you style card shedding game, but there are no numbers on anything.
你手上的牌全是老虎机图案。
All the cards in your hands are slot machine symbols.
比如7、樱桃、BAR、铃铛、柠檬之类的,还有一组牌组成了类似老虎机的赔率表。
So sevens and cherries and bars and bells and lemons and stuff, and there is a set of cards that make up sort of the chart from a slot machine.
你可以向中央打出一张、两张或三张牌,因为老虎机只有三个卷轴。
And you can play one, two, or three cards to the center, and that's it because there's only three reels on a slot machine.
如果你打出一张牌,其他人有两种选择。
If you play one card, people can do one of two things.
他们可以添加一张相同符号的牌,相当于让另一个卷轴停止转动。
They can either add one of the same symbol, essentially making another reel stop.
如果有两张牌,他们可以添加第三张,组成更强的牌型。
If there are two, they can add a third, making that a more powerful hand.
但一旦达到三张,就意味着三个卷轴都已停止,或者你可以击败它。
But once you get to three, all three reels have stopped, or you can beat it.
比如看牌面等级,如果有人打出一张最低等级的铃铛牌,任何更高等级的牌都能击败它,以此类推。
So if you look at the rank and someone plays one bell and it's at the bottom, any one thing is gonna beat the bell and then etcetera, etcetera, as you go up the rank.
当有人打出最高等级的牌时,他们就能收走这些牌并弃掉,成功减少手牌。
Once someone has played whatever the highest thing is gonna be, they scoop the cards, throw them off the side, they got rid of cards.
他们使用的牌等级会沉到底部,其他牌等级相应提升,游戏持续进行直到清空手牌。
Whatever rank they used goes to the bottom and everything shifts up, and you play until you can get rid of your entire hand.
游戏进行三轮。
You play for three rounds.
你出牌越快得分越多,这就是老虎机百万富翁的玩法。
You get more points the faster you go out, and that is slot machine millionaire.
听起来很有趣。
That sounds fun.
我觉得这设计太棒了。
I think it is brilliant.
我超喜欢。
I love it.
我超爱它的美术设计。
I love the art on it.
我相信这个系列还会有其他游戏出版。
I'm sure other games from this are gonna be published.
这款是我希望有人能接手发行的。
This is the one I hope somebody picks up.
我认为这里有很多亮点。
I think there's a lot good here.
每位玩家还会获得一枚幸运币。
Each player also gets one lucky coin.
如果你使用幸运币,可以彻底翻转整个图表。
If you use a lucky coin, you can completely spin the chart.
所以原本在顶部的会到底部。
So whatever's at the top is at the bottom.
原本在底部的会到顶部,整场游戏你只有一次使用机会。
Whatever at the bottom is at the top, you get one of those for the entire game.
所以有时候如果有人已经出局了,嘿。
So sometimes if somebody's gone, hey.
我要出三个七,这可是最大的牌面。
I'm gonna play three sevens, and they're the max.
你说,酷。
You go, cool.
这是我的幸运币,现在我要出任意三张牌,因为7点现在是底牌而非顶牌。
There's my lucky coin, and now I'm gonna play three of anything because now sevens are the bottom rather than the top.
每位玩家只能使用一次这种上下颠倒的效果。
And that topsy-turviness can happen one time for each player.
我喜欢这个设计。
I love it.
唯一的问题是,如果你是个教学型玩家,可能会有点难理解,因为你习惯了更多牌或其他规则,比如可以随意出牌只要数量更多之类的玩法,但这里完全没有那些机制。
It's the only thing is if you're a teacher player, it's a little hard to grok because you're used to, you know, more cards or any other cards, or I can play as many cards as I want as long as it's more of them or and all of that's not here.
老虎机上有三个转轮。
There are three reels on a slot machine.
一旦你理解了这点——把它想象成只有三个转轮的老虎机,而且中间那张7点不会被底部的两个铃铛打败。
And as soon as you grasp that, that it thinks of a three reel slot machine and no more, and that you can't one seven that's in the middle is not beaten by two bells at the bottom.
这根本不可能发生,因为游戏机制就不是这样运作的。
That just isn't a thing because it's just not the way it's ever gonna work.
没错。
Right.
这突然对你有所帮助,你就能真正掌握它了。
That suddenly helps you, and you can really grab this.
但《老虎机百万富翁》是另一款值得入手的游戏。
But slot machine millionaire was another pickup.
艺术风格是我非常喜欢的部分之一。
The art is one of things I really like.
它非常具有中世纪现代风格,正是这点吸引了我。
It's very mid century modern, which drew me to this.
以老虎机为主题,我喜欢其中像Uno、羊驼或Tichu那样的出牌机制。
The theme of it being a slot machine, I like the the card shedding of, like, an Uno or a llama or Tichu is here.
我认为这确实是款很棒的游戏。
And I think just really a great game.
我给它热情点赞。
I give it an enthusiastic thumbs up.
即便你告诉我你不喜欢T2,我也会试着让你玩一局。
Even you telling me you don't like t two, I would try to make you play one game of it.
我会让你玩一局。
I'd make you play one hand.
我不会强迫你连玩三局,因为这可能不适合你,但我会希望你能试玩一局,看看这种形式是否能改变你的看法。
I wouldn't make you sit through three games because that may not be your thing, but I'd want you to try one hand of it to see if this changes the format enough that you'd like it.
嗯。
Yeah.
不。
No.
听起来挺有趣的。
It sounds it sounds interesting.
我肯定会试试看。
I would definitely give it a try.
好的。
Alright.
我有两件事想聊,然后我们就可以深入讨论你的大活动了,你觉得如何?
So there's two things that I wanna talk about, and then we can dive into your big event if that sounds good.
好的。
Okay.
那么第一件事是工作进展如何?
So number one Works alright?
我们上次参加的是桌游展览会。
The the the last thing that we attended was the board game game show.
说实话,艾米和我去参加是因为想看看他们是怎么做的。
And honestly, Amy and I attended it because we wanted to kinda see how they did it.
我们本想玩一个游戏节目。
We wanted to play a game show.
它看起来很有趣。
It looked like fun.
可惜,那是桌游知识问答。
Unfortunately, it was board game trivia.
那只是个普通的问答之夜,有点让人失望。
It was just a regular kind of trivia night, which was a bit of a disappointment.
问答环节本身还是挺有趣的,没什么问题。
The trivia in and of itself was fun and fine.
所有内容都是桌游主题的。
It was all board game themed.
我得说音乐环节彻底难倒了我们,因为我们不熟悉那些时髦的曲调,真遗憾。
I will say the music round just horked us royally because we just weren't hip to the cool tunes, unfortunately.
不过也就这样吧。
But so be it.
这在常规问答比赛中也时有发生。
That that happens in regular trivia as well.
活动组织得不错。
It was done well.
我忘了主办方是谁了。
I forget who it was that does it.
他们好像有个播客节目,是关于桌游之类的。
They have a they have a podcast, board game, something or another.
而且他们很有趣,也很讨人喜欢。
And they were fun, and they were pleasant.
但就像我说的,我们期待的是游戏节目,结果却是知识问答秀。
But like I said, we were expecting a game show, and it was a trivia show.
所以这有点令人失望,只是因为预期没达到。
So that was, a bit of a disappointment just because expectations weren't met.
有道理。
Fair enough.
我知道,因为我想我们在这里聊过天,天哪,埃里克。
I know because I think we talked on here goodness, Eric.
我们当时有谁来着?
Who did we have?
杰夫?
Jeff?
对。
Yeah.
来自Board Game Geek的Jeff。
Jeff from Board Game Geek.
所以有可能我会尝试在春季过来,让它更有桌游氛围。
So there is a possibility I might try to come to spring and make it more board game y.
这并不是要放弃什么,比如'哦,它会有',但我们之前讨论过或许应该看看,因为他们在主Board Game Geek提到过有这个。
That is not to drop a thing like, oh, it's gonna have but we had talked about maybe we should see because they had said that at main board game geek, they have this.
但主要障碍在于,我不确定自己能否为桌游爱好者写出足够多优质的桌游极客问题,而这正是我需要帮助的关键点。
But the main hurdle was I was like, I don't know that I can write enough good board game nerd questions for board game nerds, and that that was the crutch I was gonna was gonna need help with that.
明白了。
Gotcha.
而且我
And I
我听说这个节目的内容非常出色。
had heard very much that the content for this show is very good.
我有各种花哨手段让它看起来像个游戏节目,但我现在对Board Game Geek的当前热门前20并不太熟悉。
I have the bells and whistles to make it look and feel like a game show, but my I'm, like, I'm not necessarily up on the board game geek, like, top 20 right now.
我觉得自己每天都在这类事情上落后一点点。
And I feel like every single day I fall just a little bit further away on that sort of stuff.
我完全明白你的意思。
I know exactly what you mean.
比如,在第一组问题中,有个共同点把它们串联起来。
Like, in the first set of questions, there was a a com something that tied them all together.
他们会问不同的问题,而我们能猜出'哦,那是《冷战热斗》'。
And so they would ask different things, and we were able to figure out, oh, that's twilight struggle.
那是《农场主》。
That's Agricola.
最后我发现这些都是BGG曾经排名第一的桌游。
And eventually, I figured out those were all once number one board games on BGG.
那是我最后一次感觉自己还能跟得上节奏。
And that was kind of the last time I felt in control.
有个环节他们会播放电影片段,而片段标题里藏着个游戏名。
There was one where they would show a clip from a movie, and in the title of that clip was a game.
所以你得大概知道,好吧。
And so you would have to kind of know, okay.
比如,《将军》就是其中一个。
Well, this is like, Shogun was one of them.
所以,《将军》是个游戏。
So, like, well, Shogun's a game.
这就是答案。
So that's the answer.
那样也还行。
And that that was okay.
还有些其他题目我们算是碰巧蒙对的。
And then there were some other ones that that we kind of stumbled in.
但我们有两位主动加入团队的成员,我觉得他们扛起了队伍近半的得分——有很多游戏我从未听说过,但他们却能准确答出。
But there are We had two people who offered to join our team, and I think they carried about half of the team for us because there's a lot of games I had never heard of that they had certainly pulled out.
而且
And
天啊。
Oh my goodness.
所以那确实是挺有意思的。
So that was that was kind of a it was interesting.
不过我们聊聊——哦,你先说。
But let's talk oh, go ahead.
关键在于编写那种冷知识时需要有如此深入的了解。
Thing is that's so in-depth when you're trying to write that sort of trivia.
没错。
Right.
能想到这个点子本身就够聪明了。
To be able to think to be able to even think it's such a clever idea.
我要 show movie。
I'm gonna show you the movie still to the movie with the board game title in it.
That is just real good work.
Like, that is just real good work.
让所有人发出呻吟的是那张克里斯托弗·沃肯坐在车后座、手持手枪的照片,明显是年轻时的沃肯。
The one that got groans from everybody was there was still of Christopher Walken in the back of a car with a a pistol, and he it was clearly younger Walken.
所以你就像,我甚至不知道还有什么可说的。
So you're like, I don't even know what else.
结果那部电影的名字叫《东京之王》。
Turns out the name of the movie was king of Tokyo.
哦,不错。
Oh, nice.
哦,干得漂亮。
Oh, well done.
给他点赞。
Give him props for that.
从没听说过那部电影,不过,他们干得漂亮。
Never never heard of that movie, but, well done for them.
确实如此。
Indeed.
那我们快速对比一下供应商房间吧?
So let's do a quick compare contrast on the, vendor rooms, shall we?
好的。
Yeah.
开始吧。
Let's.
那你估计你的供应商房间有多少家供应商?
So then how many vendors do you figure were in your vendor room?
让我想想。
Let's see.
我猜大概有三排,每排可能有十几家,所以最多40家左右。
My guess, probably there were three rows, and you can figure maybe a dozen a row, so probably 40 at most.
明白了。
Okay.
那这里大概每排40家,总共有20排
So there were probably 40 a row here, and there were probably 20 rows
这里。
here.
感觉。
Sense.
我正在试着看看能否估算出有多少家参展商,因为这里有个'查看展馆'功能。
I'm trying to get a look to see if I can figure out how many there were because there's, like, a View Expo Hall.
因为展馆除了整体的分解图外,还有自己的专属地图,简直看不到尽头。
Because the Expo Hall has its own map on top of the exploded map for everything, and just it's never ending.
这种感觉开始变得...埃里克,你参加过大部分大型展会吧?
It is starting to feel and and, Eric, you've done most like, you've done most of the big shows.
是的。
Yep.
我想我都参加过。
I think I've done them all.
好的。
Okay.
所以这里的供应商大厅,我要向没参加过展会的人道歉,因为这种感觉很难用语言描述,就像问‘你去过其他展会吗?’
So then the Vendor Hall here and I'm sorry for anybody that hasn't done the shows because it's just it it feels, you know, like, very for us to explain it this way of, oh, have you been to the other ones?
但对我来说,它感觉比Origins大,但还没达到Gen Con的规模。
But to me, it feels bigger than origins and not quite Gen Con yet.
听起来很合理。
Sounds reasonable.
这就是它的定位。
That's where it fit.
现在实际的场地——因为整个供应商大厅连接着所谓的开放式游戏大厅。
Now the actual room, because it's the entire vendor Hall, is connected to what's kinda called the Open Gaming Hall.
对吧?
Right?
供应商大厅里的人可以在首个开放游戏区购买特定桌子,就像‘嘿,我们是这家公司的’。
So the Vendor Hall and then people in the vendor Hall can buy specific tables in the first open play area where it's like, hey.
我们代表这家公司。
We're with this company.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。