本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是iHeart播客《 Guaranteed Human 》。
This is the iHeart podcast, Guaranteed Human.
我是杰西·米尔斯医生,《Mailroom》播客的主持人。
This is doctor Jesse Mills, host of the Mailroom podcast.
每年一月,男性都会许下承诺:变得更强壮,更努力工作,修复那些破损的东西。
Each January, men promise to get stronger, work harder, and fix what's broken.
但如果真正的努力根本不是身体上的呢?
But what if the real work isn't physical at all?
我与心理学家史蒂夫·波尔特医生坐下来,探讨羞耻、焦虑,以及男性从未被教会如何命名的情感痛苦。
I sat down with psychologist doctor Steve Poulter to unpack shame, anxiety, and the emotional pain men were never taught how to name.
在绝望谷地的中途,你会意识到事情已经发生,你必须做出选择:是继续留在这里,还是继续前行。
Part of the way through the valley of despair is realizing this has happened, and you have to make a choice whether you're gonna stay in it or move forward.
我们的两部分对话现已上线。
Our two part conversation is available now.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或您收听喜爱节目的任何平台收听《Mailroom》。
Listen to the mail room on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your favorite shows.
你好。
Hi.
我是普里扬卡·瓦利医生。
I'm doctor Priyanka Wally.
我是哈里昆达博卢。
And I'm Harikundabolu.
新的一年到来了。
It's a new year.
在播客《健康那些事》中,我们重新审视我们谈论健康的方式。
And on the podcast Health Stuff, we're resetting the way we talk about our health.
这意味着坦诚面对我们所知道的、不知道的,以及这一切可能有多混乱。
Which means being honest about what we know, what we don't know, and how messy it can all be.
我喜欢晚睡晚起。
I like to sleep in late and sleep early.
有这样的生物钟类型吗,还是我只是抑郁了?
Is there a chronotype for that, or am I just depressed?
健康那些事,就是关于学习、欢笑,以及感觉不那么孤单。
Health stuff is about learning, laughing, and feeling a little less alone.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或任何你获取播客的地方收听。
Listen on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
新的一年并不要求我们变成全新的自己。
A new year doesn't ask us to become someone new.
它邀请我们回归自我的家园。
It invites us back home to ourselves.
我是迈克·德拉罗查,《神圣课程》的主持人,这是一个让男性可以暂停、反思和疗愈的空间。
I'm Mike Della Rocha, host of Sacred Lessons, a space for men to pause, reflect, and heal.
今年,我们将坦诚地探讨心理健康、人际关系,以及我们准备好要摆脱的模式。
This year, we're talking honestly about mental health, relationships, and the patterns we're ready to release.
如果你在寻求清晰、连接以及在生活中展现更健康的方式,《神圣课程》就在这里为你服务。
If you're looking for clarity, connection, and healthier ways to show up in your life, Sacred Lessons is here for you.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或任何你获取播客的地方收听迈克·德拉罗查主持的《神圣课程》。
Listen to Sacred Lessons with Mike Delaroche on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
如今关于正念的讨论很多,这非常好。
There's a lot of talk about mindfulness these days, which is fantastic.
我的意思是,我们都希望更专注、更自我觉察,更有耐心,少一些评判。
I mean, we all want to be more present and self aware, more patient, less judgmental.
我们在播客中讨论了所有这些主题,但在日常生活中真正保持正念却很难。
We discuss all these themes on the podcast, but it's hard to actually be mindful in your day to day life.
这时候,Calm 就派上用场了。
That's where Calm comes in.
我已经和 Calm 合作了几年,目标是让正念变得有趣且简单。
I've been working with Calm for a few years now with the goal of making mindfulness fun and easy.
Calm 提供了各种内容,帮助你培养积极的习惯、转变自我对话、重新定义消极想法,并在日常生活中感觉更好。
Calm has all sorts of content to help you build positive habits, shift your self talk, reframe your negative thoughts, and generally feel better in your daily life.
有来自全球最权威专家和知名冥想导师的大量精彩内容。
So many incredible options from the most knowledgeable experts in the world along with renowned meditation teachers.
你还可以查看我的每日七分钟系列,帮助你每天更正念地生活。
You can also check out my seven minute daily series to help you live more mindfully each and every day.
现在,通过访问 calm.com/j,On Purpose 的听众可享受 Calm 高级订阅 40% 的折扣。
Right now, listeners of On Purpose get 40% off a subscription to Calm Premium at calm.com/j.
访问 calm.com/jay,即可享受 40% 的折扣。
That's calm.com/jay for 40% off.
平静心灵,改变人生。
Calm your mind, change your life.
我如今的生活完全围绕着我在球场上取得的成就,但若能重来一次,我再也不想拿起球拍。
My whole life now revolves around what I've achieved on the court, but then if I could do it again, I wouldn't ever wanna pick up a racket.
他是世界上最好的球员之一。
He's one of the greatest players in the world.
赢得过七个巡回赛单打冠军,
Winner of seven tour singles title,
尼克·库里奥斯。
Nick Kurios.
我 literally 想结束自己的生命。
I literally wanted to end my life.
而现在我就在这里,享受这一切。
And now I'm just here and enjoying it.
所以是的。
So Yeah.
一切都只是额外的馈赠。
Everything is just it's all a bonus.
在进入本集之前,我想邀请您加入这个社区,收听更多有助于您变得更快乐、更健康、更疗愈的访谈。
Before we jump into this episode, I'd like to invite you to join this community to hear more interviews that will help you become happier, healthier, and more healed.
我只需要您点击订阅按钮。
All I want you to do is click on the subscribe button.
我非常感谢您的支持,看到你们的每一条评论都令人惊叹,而我们才刚刚开始。
I love your support, it's incredible to see all your comments, and we're just getting started.
我期待着与您一同踏上这段旅程。
I can't wait to go on this journey with you.
非常感谢您的订阅。
Thank you so much for subscribing.
这对我意义重大。
It means the world to me.
畅销书作者兼主持人。
The best selling author and host.
排名第一的健康与幸福播客。
The number one health and wellness podcast.
与杰·沙蒂一起的有目的人生。
On Purpose with Jay Shetty.
大家好。
Hey, everyone.
欢迎回到《有目的的人生》,在这里我们进行具有文化影响力的话题对话。
Welcome back to On Purpose, the place where we have culturally impacting conversations.
我非常感激每一位每周回来聆听、学习和成长的你们。
I am so grateful to each and every one of you that come back every week to listen, learn and grow.
你们知道,自从我十几岁起,我就一直对人们的故事和经历着迷。
And you know that ever since I was a teenager, I've been captivated by people's stories and journeys.
我对人们所做的决定、他们的个性以及他们的心理状态深感着迷。
I'm fascinated by decisions people make, their personalities, their psychology.
而今天的嘉宾是我长久以来一直远距离钦佩的人。
And today's guest is someone that I've been admiring from afar for such a long time.
所以今天能邀请他到演播室,我深感荣幸,也由衷地感到喜悦。
And so to have him in the studio today is a true honor and true joy.
我热爱深入那些定义文化、分化文化、以不同方式引导我们、给我们带来惊喜并给予我们意想不到收获的人们的思想世界。
I love diving into the minds of people that define culture, divide culture, direct us in different ways, surprise us and give us the unexpected.
而今天的嘉宾自其职业生涯开始以来,就一直致力于此。
And today's guest has been doing that ever since his career began.
我说的正是独一无二的尼克·库里奥斯,他在辉煌的青少年网球生涯后,于2012年强势闯入职业网球赛场。
I'm talking about the one and only Nick Kurios who burst onto the pro tennis scene in 2012 after a prolific junior tennis career.
自尼克出道以来,他便以其超凡的个性、对网球的热爱以及难以预测的风格,深深吸引了球迷。
Since Nick's start, he has captivated fans with a larger than life personality, passion for the game, and unpredictability.
尼克凭借其近乎无解的发球和强劲的正手,为巡回赛注入了无限活力。
Nick electrifies the tour with his near unstoppable serve and powerful forehand.
尼克职业生涯中赢得了七个单打冠军和四个双打冠军,但2022年是他首次展现统治力的一年,首次打进大满贯决赛,并赢得了三个单打冠军和三个双打冠军。
Nick has won seven singles titles and four doubles titles in his career, but twenty twenty two marked the first time Nick displayed his dominance, making it to his first grand slam final, winning three singles titles and three doubles titles.
欢迎来到节目,尼克·库里奥斯。
Welcome to the show, Nick Kurios.
尼克。
Nick.
这开场也太棒了。
What an intro.
你得亲身经历才行啊,老兄。
It's so you had to live it, man.
非得亲自做一遍不可。
Had to do it.
就是这样。
Like that.
就是这样。
Like that.
这可能是我听过的最好的开场白了。
That's probably the best intro I've ever had.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
不是。
No.
这对我来说意义重大,兄弟。
Means the world to me, man.
我喜欢这样。
I like that.
我很感激。
I appreciate that.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thanks.
我真的很高兴能来这里。
I'm I'm I'm really glad to be here.
我之前很兴奋。
I was excited.
我很感激,兄弟。
I appreciate that, man.
在过去几周我们来回发消息的时候,我就一直期待着这次见面,因为正如我之前对你说的,我自己并不喜欢条条框框,人们通常也不觉得我是这样的人。
When we were messaging back and forth for the past couple of weeks, I was really looking forward to this because as I was saying to you earlier, I don't love rules myself and people don't often see me as that.
人们可能觉得我是个遵守规则、谨慎周到的人。
Think people see me as someone who follows the rules and is thoughtful and mindful.
但实际上,我的整个职业生涯都在逆流而行,打破常规。
And I actually feel that my entire career, I've had to go against the trend and against the grain.
看着你这样做,真的让我感到兴奋和着迷。
Watching you do it has been really exciting and fascinating.
有时候,看着这些过程也会让人感到不舒服。
And at sometimes it can be uncomfortable to watch that as well.
但今天我们可以退后一步。
But today we get to pull back.
把一切都梳理清楚。
Unravel it all.
是的,我们可以深入探讨。
Yeah, we get to dive in.
所以我想先开始。
So I wanted to start off.
我想聊的事情太多了。
There's so many things I want to talk about.
首先,从外部来看,你对网球似乎有着一种爱恨交织的关系。
What I'll start off with is externally, you've had what looks like a love hate relationship with tennis.
而目前你受伤了,已经离开了这项运动。
And at this point you're injured, you've been away from the game.
我很想了解,当你无法打球时,你与这项运动的关系发生了怎样的变化?
I'm intrigued to understand how has your relationship with the game changed when you haven't been able to play it?
这对我来说是个难题,因为当我离开这项运动这么久,我其实并不想念它。
This is a tough one for me because when I step away from the sport for so long, I actually don't miss it.
所以这让我感到害怕。
So that's scary for me.
大多数运动员在因伤离开运动或休息一段时间后,都会非常渴望回归,但对我来说并非如此。
Most athletes, when they get pulled away from their sport injury or take time off, they're really hungry to get back with me.
就好像我一直都知道生活中有很多精彩之处。
It's like I've always known that life has so many cool things about it.
网球,我们每年要旅行七八个月,我几乎见不到家人和朋友,而在这段时间里,我反而能有更多时间和伴侣、家人在一起,做所有那些我错失的事情。
Tennis, we're travelling seven, eight months a year, I barely see my family, my friends, and during this time it's like I get to spend time with my partner more, my family, do all these things that I've been missing out on.
这感觉就像是,哇,我现在的生活太棒了。
It's like, wow, my life's amazing now.
但我确实有点想念打网球了,这是我自从七岁起就唯一知道的事情。
But I do miss playing tennis a bit, it's all I've ever known since I was seven years old.
我的家人都热爱网球,我所有的朋友都认识我是网球运动员尼克·基罗斯。
My family loves it, all my friends know me as Nick Kyros tennis player.
所以我确实有点想念网球,但与此同时,我也非常享受这段休息时光。
So I do miss it a little bit, but at the same time I've really enjoyed the time off.
是的,很高兴听你这么说。
Yeah, I'm glad to hear that.
我觉得这种坦诚是好事,你知道,人们有时会忘记我们也是人,偶尔也需要休息。
It's good for the honesty, think, you know, like people forget that we're human and we need a break sometimes.
你认为最早的那个童年记忆,塑造了今天的你?
What's your earliest childhood memory that you think has defined who you are today?
嗯,我小时候其实很讨厌网球。
Well, I hated tennis when I was young.
我小时候很胖,超重,我妈就说,好吧,你得做点运动,要活跃起来。
So I was very chubby, overweight as a kid, and my mom kinda, she was like, okay, we've to get you doing some sport, I'll be active.
所以她把我拖到当地的网球场,我记得我哭了一整天,讨厌那里,根本不想待着。
So she dragged me down to the local tennis courts, and I remember I was crying all day, hated it, didn't want to be there.
总之,我尝试了几周,几个月,教练就说,哦,他学得还挺快的。
Anyway, I gave it a chance for a couple of weeks, couple of months and the coach was like, Oh, he's picking it up pretty quickly.
然后我想那是一个决定性的时刻,因为自从那位教练说了那句话,我父母就把一切都投入到了网球上。
And then I guess that was a defining moment because ever since that coach said that, it's like my father and my mom put everything into tennis.
我父母牺牲了很多,他们成长过程中一无所有,我想他们把我视为家里最终能尝试成功、帮助他们、帮助家庭的那个人。
Sacrificed my dad and my mom had nothing growing up, and I guess they saw me as the person in the family to eventually try and make it and help them out and help the family out.
你看,网球真是一段非常有趣的旅程。
Look, tennis was such an interesting journey.
我从未想过,那时我17、18岁,还在上学,人们就告诉我,你真的可以有所作为。
I never thought, I was 17, 18, still in school, and people were telling me, you could really do something.
我从未认真想过自己有朝一日能参加巡回赛,击败像德约科维奇、纳达尔、费德勒这样的选手,这根本不在我的考虑范围内。
I never took myself seriously enough to one day be on the tour beating people like Djokovic, Nadal Federer, it was just never in my mind.
然后突然间,这一切就发生了,我的生活也随之改变。
And then all of a sudden it just happened and my life changed.
这就像我有很严重的冒名顶替综合症。
It's like I have big imposter syndrome.
我就坐在这里,回想起在堪培拉家里床上看你打球的样子,现在突然间我却在这里和你对话。
Like I'm sitting here, I watch you in my bed in my house in Canberra, I'm watching you and then now all of a sudden I'm here having a conversation.
对我来说,这简直太疯狂了。
Like that's just for me, it's crazy.
老兄,我对你的感觉也是一样的。
Well dude, feel the same with you.
我一直在观看你的所有大赛,看你在《Breakpoint》中的表现,我仍然不敢相信自己能有机会做这一切。
I'm watching you play all the major tournaments and watching you on Breakpoint and I still have to pinch myself that I get to do this.
所以这种感觉是相互的,我也想让你知道这一点。
So the feeling is very mutual and I want you to know that too.
而且你知道,我之所以看你,很大一部分原因是我认为——虽然我没这么介绍你,但很多人可能会把你称为网球界的坏小子。
And you know, a big part of that for me watching you is I think, and I chose not to introduce you this way, but I think a lot of people would introduce you as the bad boy of tennis.
今天听到这个称号,你感觉如何?
How does that title make you feel today?
是的,这确实不容易。
Yeah, it's been hard.
这是媒体做的一件事。
That's one thing the media has done.
他们给我贴上了标签,你知道,我也不知道怎么说,我疯了,我是个坏小子,但我的家人和最亲近的人都知道我其实相当慷慨,相当关心他人,我思维敏捷,喜欢深入交谈,我尽力让别人感到舒适。
They've branded me as, you know, I don't know, I'm crazy, I'm a bad boy, but my family and my closest people know that I'm quite generous, I'm quite caring, I'm intellectually switched on, I like having deep conversations, I try my best to make other people feel comfortable.
我了解超重、缺乏安全感是什么滋味。
I know what it's like to be overweight, insecure.
当我看到那些有点像,我想是小时候的我的孩子们,我特别喜欢那样。
When I see kids that are a bit like, I guess myself at a younger age, I love that.
我走到他们面前,让他们感受到,看,如果我能做到,你也能做到。
I go up to them, I make them feel, look, if I can do it, you can do it.
所以,这是我职业生涯中最艰难的事情之一,就像我遇到的每个人都认为我只是个坏人,脾气暴躁,但在场下,我完全是另一个人。
So that's been one of the hardest things in my career is like everyone I meet thinks that I'm just a bad person, I've got crazy temper, but then off the court, it's like a complete opposite person.
这真的非常、非常难以摆脱,而且花了很多年。
And it's been really, really hard to shake that, and it's taken years.
直到现在,人们才开始理解我在场上和场下的样子,但这确实一直很艰难。
Only now I like people kind of understand how I am on the court and how I am off the court, but it's been, it's been hard.
那个标签是什么时候定下来的?
How early did that title set in?
比如关于尼克·库里奥斯崩溃、砸球拍之类的说法,这种印象是什么时候开始的?它对你的影响有多大?
Like that idea of Nick Kurios meltdown again, Nick Kurios break, breaks a racket, like whatever, like how early did that set in and how did that impact it?
大概是我刚踏上巡回赛的头几年,那差不多是十一年前了。
Probably the first couple years I was on tour, and that was almost eleven years ago.
从那以后,我一直都在艰难地抗争,每个人都会觉得我就是那种人,但事实上,我这一生都在努力向人们证明,那不是真正的我。
And it's been an uphill battle ever since, you know, everyone thinks that I'm that type of person, but it's like I've gone through my whole life trying to prove to people that that's not me.
这真的很难,面对媒体的负面 backlash、各种负面评价,还有针对我的家人和伴侣的攻击,要应对这一切并不容易。但我觉得,随着年龄增长、经历沉淀,我也变得更有韧性了,渐渐地,我不再试图让每个人都理解我是谁了,因为这太耗费精力,而且我觉得这根本不可能——每个人都会有他们的看法,但这一切确实给我带来了沉重的负担。
And it's been really hard, all the media backlash, negativity, all the negativity on my family, my partner, it hasn't been so easy to navigate, but I think getting older and growing through it and getting thick skin, I've kind of given up trying to make everyone understand who I am because it's exhausting and I don't think it's possible, everyone's going to have their opinions, but it's taken a toll.
我确实有点厌倦了被贴上这样的标签。
I'm definitely a bit tired of being branded that.
这在某种程度上令人难过,因为人们只想见到我‘那一面’,而不是真实的我。
And it's sad in a way because people only really want to get to meet me, to meet that side of me, which is not how I actually am as a person.
早期的时候,有多少是自己造成的,又有多少只是你在应对压力和紧张时的自然反应?
How much of it early on was self inflicted versus was that just you trying to deal with the pressure and the stress?
为什么会这样?
Like why did that?
我刚刚才认识你。
So I've met you just now.
是的。
Yep.
你微笑着,很好相处,淡定又酷。
You're smiling, you're easy to be around, you're chill, you're cool.
我们发消息的时候,我跟我的团队说,这人看起来真是最友善的人之一。
When we were messaging, I was telling my team, said this guy seems like one of the nicest guys.
你刚才说的那些。
Everything you just said.
是的。
Yep.
但当有人在球场上或采访中看到你时,你可能会显得很有压迫感。
But then when someone watches you on the court or watches you in a press interview, you could be intimidating.
这种表现中有多少是你觉得自己逐渐扮演的角色,又有多少是原本就真实存在的?
How much of that became a persona you felt you ended up playing versus where did it actually start?
是因为你当时感到压力很大,或者有压力吗?
Was it that you were stressed and there was pressure or?
嗯,我想是这样的,当我上场时,我就变成了另一个人。
Well, guess, yeah, when I'm on court, I turn into a different person.
我喜欢竞争,而且我讨厌输。
Like I love competing and it's like I hate losing.
而且我想,即使我还是个小孩子在球场上时,也总是把情绪写在脸上。
And I guess even when I was a younger kind of kid on the court, always carried my emotions.
我会在球场上哭,会大喊大叫,我就是喜欢竞争,讨厌失败。
I would cry on court, I would scream, I would just, I'd love to compete and hate to lose.
我想我从来没有改变过。
And I guess I never changed.
不管是现在的我,虽然我不再在球场上哭了,但我依然情绪外露,这恰恰说明了我有多在乎。
Like whether it's me now, I don't cry on court now, but I still am very emotional and I just, it just shows how much I care.
我觉得这是一种释放压力的方式,可以发怒或者摔球拍。
I feel like it was a way for me to outlet the pressure, get angry or smash a racket.
但问题是,一场比赛可能持续四到五个小时。
But the thing is tennis can go for four or five hours, a match can go for four or five hours.
而在那短短二十秒、三十秒的时间里,我却几乎要疯了。
And then for that small snippet of time, twenty seconds, thirty seconds, I'm losing my mind.
而他们只播放这些片段。
And that's all they're showing.
如果你只剪辑四小时比赛中的三十分钟,那每个人都会以为他这四小时一直都是这样。
Like if you just show thirty minutes of a four hour match, then everyone's going to show, that's how he's carrying on for four hours.
大部分时间我都很守规矩,是个优秀的选手,尊重对手。
The majority of the time I'm well behaved, great competitor, respecting my opponent.
然后我打开电视,看到的却只是我摔球拍的画面。
Then I look, I turn on, you know, the TV, it's just me smashing the rack.
我只能想,我控制不了这些。
And I'm like, I can't control that.
这确实很艰难。
And it's been hard.
就像大多数时候,我都是现在这个样子,但这确实是一段艰难的时期。
Like most of the time I am how I am now, but it's been a tough one.
是的。
Yeah.
你刚才提到,我注意到你谈到它如何影响了你,影响了人们与你女友的沟通方式,就像你所遭受的那种强烈反对。
You were saying, I've watched how you talked about how it's impacted you, it's impacted how people communicate with your girlfriend, like the kind of backlash that you receive.
在处理那些事情时,最黑暗、最艰难的时期是什么时候?无论是媒体的叙事,还是粉丝们的反馈,无论是什么情况?
What has been the darkest, hardest period of dealing with that, whether it may be a media narrative or fans reaching out, whatever it may be?
是的。
Yeah.
2019年,我公开谈论了我人生中最黑暗的一些时期,那些负面评论是如此触手可及。
In 2019, I've opened up about some of the darkest periods of my life, and it was so accessible, these negative comments.
你知道吗,你现在打开手机,点开社交媒体,Instagram、Twitter等等,我看到的全是数百万条负面信息,关于我的家人的负面言论,这些我本以为自己从未真正在意过,但它们却悄然进入我的脑海深处,潜意识里就一直存在着。
Know, you go on your phone now, you open up social media, Instagram, Twitter, all this, and I just see millions of messages that were negative, negative about my family, just things that I feel like I didn't ever really listen to listen to, but they just went into the back of my mind and subconsciously they're just there.
然后当事情开始发生时,你会想,也许他们是对的,你开始怀疑自己。
And then when things start happening, you're like, maybe they're right, you start doubting yourself.
我觉得我当时就陷入了那种状态,心想,哦,也许他们是对的。
And I feel like that's what I fell into was like, oh, maybe they are right.
然后我开始对自己产生非常负面的看法,各种坏习惯也开始出现。
And then I started feeling really negatively about myself and I started all these bad habits happening.
我那时根本无力应对。
It was impossible for me to deal with.
这一切开始发生时我才19岁,我完全没有准备好面对这样一段,我想可以说是非常艰难的时期。
I was 19 at the time when this all started happening and I wasn't prepared for such a, I guess such a hard time.
我当时只是享受着自己的生活,有着普通的朋友,然后我从学校直接登上了全球舞台,成为聚光灯下的焦点,这对我来说根本不可能应对。
Like I was just enjoying myself, I had normal friends and then I went from being in school to now being on the global stage in the spotlight and it was just impossible for me to deal with.
我从来没有以一种真正健康的方式来处理它。
I never really dealt with it in a healthy way at all.
是的,你在《Breakpoint》里谈到了毒品、酒精、自我封闭这些事。
Yeah, you talked about in Breakpoint about drugs, alcohol, isolating yourself.
你提到甚至考虑过自杀。
You talk about even considering attempting suicide.
是的。
Yep.
然后我们听说你被送进了精神病院,但我们其实并不了解你经历了什么。
And then we hear that you locked into a psych ward, but we don't really realize what you went through.
能不能给我们讲讲,2019年的你,作为尼克·加里奥斯,当时是什么感受?
Like walk us through what it felt like to be Nick Garrios in 2019.
我只是回想那些时光,并不觉得为那时的自己难过或开心。
It's just that I think about those times and I don't necessarily feel sad about him or happy about him.
那段人生已经结束了,只是一团乱麻。
Just that part of my life is over and it's just a mess.
每当我想到那段日子,我就知道自己当时根本没清醒思考。
Like I think about that time I just was not thinking clearly.
我每天晚上都喝酒,那时候我觉得这挺好玩的,但其实一点都不好玩。
I was drinking every night, you know, just at the at the time I thought it was just fun, but it wasn't fun.
那只是自我施加的痛苦,我身边的朋友都告诉我这样不健康,但我却无视了他们。
It was just self inflicted pain and I had friends around me telling me I wasn't healthy and I ignored them.
然后我发现自己去了伦敦的一家精神病院,而我第二天还得去Dull演出。
And then I found myself going to a psychiatric ward in London and I had to play in the Dull the next day.
这些事情就像,每个人都会以为我没事,我回答了问题,但他们告诉我应该在这个精神病院待两周,然后重新接受评估。
And these are the things like everyone would assume that I was doing fine, I was answering questions and they told me that I should stay in this psychiatric ward for two weeks and be reassessed.
而我第二天却要去演一个玩偶。
And I was playing a doll the next day.
就好像,我看着自己,心想,我不能再这样下去了,我必须想办法改掉这些习惯。
It's like, I looked at myself, was like, I can't do this, I have to somehow change these habits.
所以我当时全身都是自残的伤痕,不得不在温布尔登中心球场戴着护臂,却没人知道这些问题,这真的很艰难。
So I had self harm everywhere, had to wear an arm sleeve on center court of Wimbledon and no one knew any of these problems and it was hard.
现在回想起来,老实说,我都不知道自己是怎么熬过来的,我当时简直一团糟。
And I look back and I just don't know how I neck like got out of it to be honest, I was such a mess.
最糟糕的是媒体,那段时间我其实成绩还不错,但媒体却在问:这是新的基里奥斯吗?这就是基里奥斯吗?
The worst thing was the media, I was having decent results during that time and the media was like okay is this the new Nikirios, is this the Nikirios?
我当时就觉得,这是我人生中最黑暗的时期。
And I was like this was the darkest period of my life.
在墨西哥阿卡普尔科的一场比赛中,我几乎……我当时有自杀的念头,就站在酒店阳台上,真的在考虑这件事,而我的团队却说,我们十分钟后就要比赛了。
There was a tournament in Mexico, Acapulco where I was about, I was having suicidal thoughts and I was just on the balcony of my hotel and I was genuinely thinking about it and my team was like, we've to play in ten minutes.
结果我还是上场了,打得非常出色,赢得了那场比赛,全世界的人都以为,哇,这就是我们一直期待的那个人吗?可我当时真的处在崩溃的边缘。
Ended up going out on court, played amazing, won the tournament and everyone globally was thinking, wow is this the person that we've all been waiting for when I was really on the brink of everything.
这太可怕了,因为其他人都不知道发生了什么。
And that's so scary because no one else knew what was going on.
那真的非常艰难。
It was really hard.
我的意思是,
I mean,
那种矛盾感——一方面内心如此痛苦,另一方面却要在最重要的比赛中拼搏,甚至还能赢下一些比赛,但一旦离开赛场,那种糟糕的感觉又会卷土重来。
that paradox of feeling that way and then having to play the biggest games and then even winning some of them, But then feeling that way when you're off court again.
是的。
Yep.
听起来这是最艰难的时刻之一,就像现在听你讲述,我一边听一边在想。
Sounds like one of the most difficult, like just listening to you right now, I'm listening to that going.
我刚才试着把自己代入那个情境,想象你当时坐在或站在那个阳台上。
I was just putting myself in that position thinking you sitting and standing there at the balcony.
我简直无法想象你当时脑海里在想什么。
Like I can't imagine what's going through your mind.
你是怎么突破那种状态的?
How did you break through that?
那么,那为什么没有成为终点呢?
Like how did how was that not the end?
因为我觉得现在有很多听众可能正经历着你当时的感受。
Because I feel there's so many people listening right now who might be feeling like you were then.
我希望你对他们说几句话。
And I want you to talk to them.
我希望他们此刻能听到你的声音,因为我希望这能成为他们日后所说的‘那段话帮我渡过了难关’的信息。
I want them to hear you right now because I want this to be the message that they say that got me through it.
我只是觉得,那时候的自己非常自私。
Just everyone, I felt like I was very selfish at that time.
我总是屈服于自己的情绪,那些情绪或许有其合理性,但我感觉自己完全是凭感觉行事。
Was, I was always giving into my feelings, which were, they were probably valid, but I felt like I was playing just based on how I felt.
然后我回头看了看我拥有的数百万粉丝。
And then I looked back at millions of fans that I have.
举个例子,一个半星期前我见过一个许愿基金会的小孩,他可能只剩下六个月的生命了。
Instance, there was a Make A Wish kid that I met up with a week and a half ago, he's probably got six months to live.
然后我意识到,那些仰望我、真心希望我成功的人,正是我开始为之奋斗的对象——家人、这些孩子们、未来的世代。如果我仅仅依据自己的感受继续打球,可能几年前就已经退役或停止打球了。但后来我意识到,有一大批球迷希望看到我成功。
Then I realized that those types of people that look up to me and really want me to succeed, that's who I started playing for, so family, these kids, future generation, that's the reason why I probably would have retired and probably stopped playing a couple of years ago if I just kept playing on how I was feeling, but then I realized got a whole contingent of fans on why they want to see me succeed.
这就是为什么我现在热爱打球。
So that's why I love playing now.
就像我是为他们而战,但正是这一点让我走出了困境。
Like I play for them, but that's what got me out of it.
我开始感觉到,我还有很多可以给予的,不是为了我自己。
Started feeling like I've got a lot more to give, not for me.
就像我已经向自己证明了我可以打网球,但对于所有那些人来说,就像如果我能做到,你看看德约科维奇、费德勒和纳达尔,这些人在我眼中就是神一样的存在。
Like I've already proved myself that I can play tennis, but for all those people out there, like if I can do it, like you look at Djokovic, Federer and Adal, like these people are gods in my eyes.
他们超级专业,德约科维奇每天都严格管理自己的饮食。
Like they're super professional, Djokovic takes care of his diet daily.
我当时根本没做这些事情,却依然达到了那个水平。
I was not doing any of these things and still getting to that level.
所以我认为,正是为他人提供灵感的想法让我走出了低谷,但那些时刻确实……而且现在肯定也有时候我会想起那些时刻,我想我对此仍然会有些情绪波动。
So I think if just the inspiration for other people got me out of that, but it was really those times are, and there are definitely times now where I think about those moments and I guess I still get a bit emotional on it.
就像《破发点》纪录片里展示的那样,采访了我的姐姐、父亲和最好的朋友,他们都忍不住落泪。
Like Breakpoint obviously showed interviews with my sister and my father and my best friend, and they break down into tears.
这恰恰说明了那段时期有多么情绪化,因为他们眼睁睁看着我逐渐失控。
That just shows how emotional that time was because they could just see me spiraling out of control.
我当时并不认为退一步、暂时不打球是可以接受的。
And I didn't think it was okay to just step back and not play.
我一直觉得我必须强迫自己重新站上赛场。
I kept thinking I had to force myself to get out there.
是的,确实很创伤。
Yeah, definitely was traumatizing.
他们支持你,这对你来说有多重要?
How much did it mean to you that they stood by you?
是的,说实话,我可能欠他们一条命。
Yeah, mean, I probably owe them my life to be honest.
你知道,他们一直在我肆意妄为时陪伴着我。
Know, they were standing by me through reckless behavior.
这就是我的意思。
And that's what I mean.
比如现在,我上社交媒体,人们会说,哦,你是浪费天赋,为什么不再打了,为什么不做这个?
Like people now I go on social media and they're like, oh, you're a waste of talent or why are you not playing or why are not doing this?
我现在所做的一切都只是额外的收获。
And everything I'm doing now is just a bonus.
比如现在能在这里和杰·沙蒂对话,对我来说,这完全是额外的惊喜。
Like being here speaking to Jay Shetty for me, it's just that's like a it's like all a bonus.
就像每一天,我我只是不去想过去。
Like every day, I I just don't think about the past.
我也不去想未来。
I don't think about the future.
我只是过好每一天,一天一天地过。
I just live every day, day by day.
我现在所做的一切都只是额外的馈赠。
And I just everything I'm doing now is just a bonus.
因为当时我极度抑郁,非常悲伤,甚至真的想结束自己的生命。
Like because I was so so depressed and so sad and I literally wanted to end my life.
而现在我只是在这里,享受这一切。
And now I'm just here and enjoying it.
所以一切,都只是额外的馈赠。
So everything's just, it's all a bonus.
是的,这是一种美好的生活方式。
Yeah, that's a beautiful way to live.
是的,确实是。
Yeah, is.
能认识到这一点,是的,这是一种美好的生活心态。
To know that, yeah, it's a beautiful mindset to I live
只是保持站立。
just stay on my feet.
我不再沉湎于过去,也不再做长远的规划,因为我不知道未来会怎样,任何东西都可能瞬间被夺走。
I don't think about the past or I'm not a big planner anymore because I just don't know, anything can be taken away just like that.
是的。
Yeah.
我是说,听你这么说,真的很有意思,对吧?
I mean, I think listening to you, it's so interesting, right?
当我们对运动员有看法时,尤其是那种'哦,你本可以成为这样,你本可以成为下一个最伟大的,你本可以成为任何可能的样子'的想法。
When we have views on athletes, especially where we're like, oh, you could have been this and you could have been the next greatest and you could have been whatever it may be.
而挑战在于,你根本不知道那个人正在经历什么。
And the challenge is you have no idea what that person's going through.
你根本不知道那个人在担心什么。
You have no idea what's worrying that person.
而且我认为,几乎每个人都会把自己的不安全感投射到别人身上,我们也总觉得自己有那么多从未被看见、从未被发掘的潜力。
And I think everyone almost projects their own insecurities onto everyone else where we also feel like we have so much potential that never got seen, never got untapped.
而几乎像你现在这样生活,就像是,我已经生活在额外的奖励之地了。
And And to almost live in the way you're living now, which is like, I'm already living in bonus land.
我的意思是,在我生活的很多方面我都有这种感觉,我现在能做的事情,是我小时候根本无法想象的。
I mean, I feel like that in so many ways in my life where I am able to do things today that I couldn't even have imagined as a kid.
实际上,我们在成长过程中有很多共同点,因为我也是,我听到你这么说,我深有同感。
We can actually, we have a lot in common growing up because I was, and I heard you say this and I felt the same way.
是这样的,我小时候在学校里是个矮个子、棕色皮肤、胖胖的孩子。
Was this, I was a short brown fat kid growing up at school.
所以当你在《破发点》里谈到这一点时,我感同身受,我也因此被欺负过。
And so when you talked about that in Breakpoint, I felt exactly the same way where I was bullied for it.
我因此被打过,也因此被批评过。
I was beaten up for it, I was criticized for it.
当我回顾我的生活时,我觉得我正在做着小时候根本不敢想象的事情。
And when I look at my life today, I'm like, I get to do things that I didn't ever think were possible.
所以我已经生活在bonus世界里了。
So I'm already living in bonus world.
你对此心怀感激
And you're so grateful for
它。
it.
远远超越了这种感激。
So grateful for it beyond.
无论我是否实现别人认为我该达到的潜力,无论我是否实现,我都已经活在了这份感激之中。
And whether I reach the potential, what people think I should do or whether I don't, I'm already living in that gratitude.
当你在顶级水平比赛时,那种感觉是这样的:当你得知自己成功晋级温布尔登决赛时。
With you, when you're playing at the top level and there is that feeling, so when you find out you're going to make it, you've made it through to the final of Wimbledon.
是的。
Yep.
你能描述一下当你知道自己打进了温布尔登决赛时的感觉吗?那是最大的舞台,是你人生中最重要的时刻。
Walk me through what the feeling is when you know, like I've made it through to the final of Wimbledon, like, which is the biggest stage, the biggest moment you've made it through.
那种感觉是怎样的?
What does that feel like?
我内心在笑。
I was laughing inside.
当时我身后站着诺瓦克·德约科维奇。
Like I was I had Novak Djokovic behind me.
王室成员在观看我比赛,周围还有卫兵。
I had the royal family watching me play and there's like guards there.
我只是在心里想:我不该是那个站在那里的人。
And I'm just like thinking to myself, I I don't this shouldn't be me.
回想起一切是如何发展的,我觉得这一切简直像场玩笑。
Like the way that everything had panned out, it was like, I just thought it was all a joke.
我当时想,这太不可思议了。
I was like, this is incredible.
我怎么会在这个时刻出现在这里?
How am I here in this moment in time?
是的,当我走向球场时,我只是觉得,是的,那就像是我经历过的每一次训练、家庭的牺牲,所有的一切,那是我生命中第一次觉得一切都说得通了。
And yeah, was walking out to the court and I just, yeah, it's like every single thing that I'd gone through training, family sacrifice, all, that's the one time in my life where everything made sense.
一切都说得通了。
Everything made sense.
每一次健身房训练、体能训练,我决定吃的每一顿健康餐,都等同于那个时刻。
Every gym session, conditioning session, every good meal I decided to eat was all equal to that moment in time.
就好像我前一晚根本没睡着,但当我踏上球场的那一刻,所有那些感觉都消失了。
And it's like I didn't sleep the night before, and then as soon as I stepped on court, all those feelings went away.
感觉就是,好了,现在我回家了。
Was okay, now I'm home.
然后我输掉了比赛,但我打得非常出色。
And then I lost the match, but I played incredible.
那是一场很棒的决赛,但我只记得看到门缓缓打开,我看到每一片草叶都修剪得一样整齐,我就那样走出去,感觉就像回家了一样。
It was a great final, but I just remember seeing the doors open real slowly and I saw every blade of grass the same length and I just walked out there and it was just like home.
然后,就是这样了。
And then that was it.
我并没有因为输掉比赛而感到失望。
I'm not disappointed that I lost the match.
显然,我本希望能赢得温网冠军,但那都是额外的奖赏。
Obviously I would love to have a Wimbledon crown, but it was all bonus.
就像我刚刚走出去,诺瓦克在我身后,皇室成员也在场,尼克·克耶高斯能走到那么远,真是不可思议。
Like the fact that I was just walking out, Novak's behind me, the royal family's there, like Nick Kurios making it that far, ridiculous.
听你说话的时候,你讲得特别真实,几乎就像那种孩子般的感觉,仿佛你依然活在那个孩子般的时刻,或者依然能感受到那种孩子般的体验。
When I hear you speak, you speak like every, almost like real, it's almost like that childlike feeling of like, you're still living in that childlike moment or childlike feeling of what that would have felt like.
有时候我们成长得太快了。
Where sometimes we grow up too soon.
是的。
Yep.
我们几乎无法再以那种方式去体验了。
And we almost can't experience it that way.
当你刚才说,你看到每一片草叶都一模一样的时候。
And when you just said you saw every blade of grass being the same.
是的。
Yep.
就像那种正念,观察着那些门,你能在脑海中如此清晰地想象出那个画面。
Like even that mindfulness, watching the doors, the fact that you can visualize it.
对。
Yep.
这说明你当时非常专注。
It means you were so present.
当比赛不顺利时,你脑子里在想什么?
What goes through your mind during the game when it's not going your way?
比如当你开始丢分,或者知道自己本可以做到却没做到时,会发生什么?
Like what happens when you start losing a point or when you know you could have made something you didn't like?
那时候你脑海里在想些什么?
What's going through your mind at that time?
就是竞争,努力发挥出自己最好的水平。
Just competing, like just trying to get the best out of myself.
我想人们看我打球时会想,为什么我这么容易生气?
Like I guess people when they watch me play like, why do get so angry?
这就像有数百万美元悬于一线,投入了无数个小时的努力,我只是想在那一刻尽力做到最好。
It's like there's millions of dollars on the line, so many hours of work put in and I'm just trying to like do the best I can in that moment in time.
我想人们看到我生气或做其他事情时,他们会想,哦,他根本不在乎。
Like people when they see me, I guess getting angry or doing whatever, they're like, oh, he doesn't care.
就是,我觉得我有时候并不太在意结果。
It's like, I don't think I care too much at times on the result.
教练们也总是告诉我,不要太在意结果。
And coaches always tell me like, don't care about the result too much.
但根据我的生活和经验,如果你最终没有赢,我今天就不会在这里了。
But in my life, in my experience, if you don't win at the end of the day, I wouldn't be here.
如果我赢不了大部分网球比赛,我就不会坐在这里了。
If I if I didn't win majority of tennis matches, I wouldn't be sitting here.
所以我明白胜利的重要性,但与此同时,我想我只是全身心投入在每一个微小的努力中。
So I know the importance of winning, but at the same time, I guess I'm just so involved in every little bit of effort.
我知道我家人的付出,知道我的支持团队的辛劳。
I know my family's effort, my support crew.
我希望团队里的每个人都能感受到我最在乎,并且我希望我们所有人都能成功。
I want everyone in my team to feel that I care the most and I want success for all of us.
我不只在乎我自己,理疗师在那里,我的伴侣在那里,我最好的朋友,我的经纪人,我们所有人都是息息相关的,我想这就是为什么我更喜欢团队环境一点。
I don't care about just me, physio is there, my partner is there, my best friend, my agent, we're all contingent and that's why I guess I love the team environment a little bit more.
但网球这项运动,人们总觉得,你在场上就是孤军奋战,但实际上,这远不止是我一个人的事。
But tennis is, people just think, you're on your own out there, but it's like, there's so much more than just me.
比如,每个人都付出了巨大的努力才能走到这里。
Like everyone's put so much work in to get here.
所以你的愤怒其实是情有可原的?
So your anger is actually okay?
没错。
Exactly.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我想赢,这样我的整个团队都能和我一起分享这份喜悦。
I wanted to win so then like my whole team can share that with me.
我其实并不在乎。
I don't really care.
我真的一点都不在乎。
Like I actually don't really care.
我想赢得温布尔登,这样就能让所有人都闭嘴,让我一个人清静。
And I wanted to win Wimbledon so I could just shut everyone up and so I could be just left alone.
所以当我在家喝啤酒或只是放松时,人们就会问:‘你这是在干什么?’
So if I'm at home and I'm actually having a beer or I'm just chilling, people will just, oh, what are you doing?
我会说:‘我赢了温布尔登。’
I'm like, I won Wimbledon.
你没法对我指手画脚了。
Like you can't tell me anything.
在网球界,你就是永生的,你知道吗?
You're immortal in that tennis world, you know?
是的。
Yeah.
我打进了决赛,但人们依然批评我。
Like I made the final and people still criticize me.
我觉得如果我赢了那场,也许一切就会停止了。
I feel like if I'd won that, maybe it would stop.
所以你觉得你在比赛时努力赢,是因为觉得有很多人对你寄予厚望。
So you feel like when you're playing, you're trying to win because you feel so many people have invested in you.
对。
Yep.
还有那么多你在意的人相信你。
And so many people believe in you, the people that you care about.
是的。
Yeah.
你几乎想为了他们去赢。
And that you almost wanna win for them.
是的。
Yes.
而且让其他人闭嘴。
And to shut everyone else up
也一样。
as well.
那会很好。
That would be nice.
我很期待看到你接下来赢得几场胜利。
I'm excited to see you go on and win a few.
我觉得你有潜力、有能力,而且也有那种心态去做到这一点。
Like, I I think you have the potential and the ability and, you know, the mindset to go and do it.
但当你赢了的时候,你知道,就像我知道的那样,那依然不会让那些人闭嘴。
But when you go and win, you know as well as I do that, that still won't shut people up.
我知道。
I know that.
我知道
I know
那只是
that.
我只是觉得,那只是虚假的希望,猜测而已。
I just, it's just false hope, guess.
那是什么虚假的希望?
What is that false hope?
你给我讲讲吧,因为我觉得这很真实。
Walk me through that because I think that's real.
我觉得我们都这么想,对吧?
I think we all feel, right?
这就是我们的假设。
This is the hypothesis.
我们都觉得,只要做点什么,就能最终让别人真正了解我们。
We all feel that there's something we can do that will finally convince people of who we are.
我们都在以自己的方式等待着为你做那件事。
And we're all waiting in our own way to do that thing for you.
可能是一场网球比赛。
It may be a game of tennis.
是的。
Yep.
对别人来说,可能是升职;对即将获得特定学位的人来说,可能是毕业;对我来说,可能是采访某个人,诸如此类。
For someone else, it might be a promotion for someone who will be graduating with a particular degree for me, it will be interviewing someone, whatever.
就像我们都有那种想法,认为当我做到这件事时,人们就会说我成功了。
Like we all have that thing where we think when I do this, then people will say I made it.
是的。
Yep.
为什么会这样呢?
Why is that?
我不知道,我觉得如果人们真正理解了我的历程,他们就不会这么咄咄逼人了,我想。
I don't know, I feel like if people really understood my journey, then they wouldn't be so pushy I think.
如果我坐下来,和所有黑我者一起吃顿饭,好好跟他们讲讲我的故事,他们会不会更理解我,就不会再那么在社交媒体上,或者一般情况下,对我进行批评或攻击了呢?
And like if I just sat down with all my haters and we had like a nice meal together and I gave them my side of story, think they'd have a better understanding and they wouldn't be so like, they wouldn't criticize or be so aggressive towards me on social media or just in general.
所以我觉得,也许如果我这么做了,我们也不会……我其实离成功已经很近了,但我根本就不是真的那么热爱这项运动。
So I feel like maybe if I do and we wouldn't, and I was so close and I don't even really love the sport.
我之所以这么做,只是因为我爱我的家人和身边的人,我想证明,不管你多么不被看好,你都能实现像赢得温伍德这样的目标。
I'm only doing this because I love taking care of my family, my people, and I want to do this so I can prove that no matter how much more of an underdog you are, you can achieve something like winning Wynwood.
我从来没想到自己竟然有能力做到这一点。
I never thought in my mind that I would be capable of doing that.
你看,你说得对。
And look, you are right.
我知道。
I know
即使我这么做了,人们还是会说
that even if I did that, people are going
然后就会说:好,现在再做一次。
be like, all right, now do it again.
这就像是,我想这就是生活的激烈竞争吧。
And it's just like, I guess that's the rat race of life.
多少才算足够呢?
How much is enough?
而且我觉得我现在对我的爱很满足。
And I feel like I'm very content with my love now.
有足够多的东西可以享受。
Have more than enough to enjoy.
所以,如果由我决定,我可能不会再打了,说实话,我真的不想再打了,但我几乎不得不继续,我还有很多可以付出,但对我来说,感觉已经不想
And so if it was up to me, probably wouldn't, I don't really want to play anymore to be honest, but I have to almost, I've got so much more to give, but for me, don't feel like
再打下去了。
playing anymore.
这不是你缓解压力的方式吗?
And that's not your way of taking the pressure off?
不,不是。
No, not.
我太累了,真的筋疲力尽。
Like I'm exhausted, I'm tired.
你知道吗,我才28岁,已经做过三次手术了。
And you know, have had three surgeries now that, I'm only 28 years old.
我一直希望能拥有一个家庭,而且不再受疼痛折磨。
I always wanted to be able to have a family and not be in pain.
我站起来的时候,走路都离不开疼痛。
When I get up, I can't walk without pain.
这真是一份艰难的工作。
So it's a tough gig.
真的很艰难。
It's tough.
我很欣赏你的坦诚,因为这让我想到了几件事。
I appreciate the realness because it's that, you know, there's a couple of things that come to mind.
我第一个想到的是,我是个彻头彻尾的C罗粉丝,如果有人问我C罗七号还是梅西,我永远选C罗七号。
The first thing that comes to mind for me is always, I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo fan through and through, like, if anyone asks me CR seven or Messi, I'm CR seven all the way.
他就是我的榜样,如果你能达成一切的话。
He's the example for me if you can achieve everything.
但仍然会有50%的人。
And there'll still be 50% of people.
觉得别人更优秀。
Who think that someone else is better.
是的,别人更优秀,而且不仅仅是更好,他们甚至觉得你根本没资格被讨论。
Yeah, someone else is better and not even just better, they think you're not even in the conversation.
比如有50%的人会说,C罗连前两名都进不了。
Like there's a 50% of people who will be like, well, CR7 doesn't even make it into the top two conversation.
是的。
Yeah.
你能有这种想法,真是奇怪。
And it's bizarre that you can even feel that way.
所以我从这个角度去看,觉得这家伙已经赢得了一切。
And so that I look at it through that perspective where I'm like, this guy's won everything.
是的。
Yep.
他几乎激励了全世界每一代足球运动员。
He's inspired pretty much every next generation of football players in the world.
然而仍有人对他有意见,这让我感到不可思议。
Yet there are people who have an issue with him and blows my mind.
与此同时,你在谈论现实,我很感谢你说我筋疲力尽,这确实很难。
And then at the same time, you're talking about the reality, I appreciate you saying I'm exhausted, it's hard.
你知道,我记得科比·布莱恩特的妻子瓦妮莎·布莱恩特做过一次采访。
You know, I remember interview that Vanessa Bryant did, Kobe Bryant's wife.
她谈到,当科比受伤或在比赛中受伤时,唯一能让他坚持上场的,是他对球迷的热爱。
And she talked about how the only thing that got Kobe to play when he was injured or having an injury during a game was his love for the fans.
他会说,这位球迷花钱是为了看我打球。
And he would say that this fan paid to see me play.
如果我今天不打,那么那位球迷可能再也负担不起看球的机会了。
And if I don't play today, then that fan may never be able to afford to play again.
所以我必须上场。
So I have to play.
所以他打球是为了超越自己。
And so he was playing for beyond him.
并不是说,哦,我得打,因为我得再赢一个总冠军。
It wasn't, oh, I've got to play because I've to win another ring.
听到一位运动员说‘我累了’,这真的很有趣。
It's really interesting to hear an athlete say, I'm tired.
这活儿不容易。
It's a tough gig.
这很难,因为我觉得我们几乎希望相信顶尖运动员不会感到疲惫,但事实并非如此。
It's hard because I think we almost want to believe that the best athletes don't feel that, but that's not true.
不,这不是真的。
No, it's not true.
我想2019年那段时期加速了我的成长。
And I guess that period in 2019 kind of accelerated my exalt.
就像如果我有一个比较正常的职业生涯,不引人注目地发展,我觉得我不会是现在这种感觉。
Like if I had a bit of a normal career and I flew under the radar, I don't feel I'd feel this way.
但那几年,真的,我认为给我的年龄带来了很大的负担。
But those couple years really, I think put a lot on my age.
我今年28岁,但感觉好像已经几乎走遍了每一个国家。
Like I'm 28, but I feel like I've traveled to pretty much every country.
我见识过各种文化,你知道吗,我13岁就开始去各国旅行,亲眼目睹了贫困是什么样子。
I've seen cultures, know, was traveling to countries when I was 13 and I saw what poverty was like.
这真的让我大开眼界。
It really opened my eyes.
而且我觉得那几年加速了,或者说几乎让我职业生涯的终点提前了一些,因为我有那种感觉,而且我长期承受着伤痛,以至于我必须为超越自我而战。
And I guess those couple years accelerated my almost pushed me to the end of my career a bit earlier because I felt that way and I was so eternally hurting that I had to play for more than myself.
这就是为什么现在,当我训练时,我感到筋疲力尽。我不想让人们看到这个就说,好吧,他太软弱了或怎样,但这真的很难。我厌倦了打网球,不仅仅是去年外出参赛——那是我职业生涯中最好的一年,我在数百万人面前比赛,体育场座无虚席,所有人的目光都聚焦在我身上。
And that's why now I do, I'm exhausted when I train, like, I I don't just, want people to watch this and say, okay, he's soft or whatever, but it's just hard, I'm tired of playing tennis, more than going out last year, had the best year of my career and I'm playing in front of millions of people, stadiums packed out, everyone's eyes on me.
我不知道是否每个运动员都喜欢那样,但我对此有点……
Don't know if I'm an athlete loves that, but I'm a bit to that.
我感觉自己有点像马戏团的动物。
I feel like a circus animal a little bit.
我走上赛场,感觉就像,哦,大家只想看库里奥斯做出些疯狂举动。
I walk out there and like, oh, just want to see Curios do something crazy.
我有点厌倦扮演那种角色了。
Like I'm sick of kind of playing that role.
我厌倦了那种,我必须彻底变成另一个人的感觉,我不喜欢那样。
I'm sick of playing like, I've got to turn to a completely different person and I don't like that.
这太让人筋疲力尽了。
It's exhausting.
你认为当你回来时,你打算如何以不同的方式去应对呢?
Do you think when you come back, how are you trying to figure out how you'll approach it differently?
你考虑过这个问题吗?
Have you thought about that?
嗯,我想我现在已经有点想通了,我只想再打一到两年,保持顶尖水平,然后按照自己的意愿退役。
Well I think now I've kind of come to peace with, I only want to play for about another one to two years and be at the top and go out on my own terms.
我可不想再做一次手术之类的事情。
Like I would hate to have another surgery or anything like that.
所以我觉得我还能再打一到两年,然后就结束了。
So I think I've still got the ability to have a good one to two years and then that's it.
我觉得我会对自己所取得的一切感到心满意足。
I think I'll be at peace with everything I've achieved.
你说得对,我必须跟所有希望我继续打球的人说:你们只能接受我不再打球了。
And you're right, I'm gonna have to just say, look to everyone out there who wants me to play more, you're just gonna have to be okay with me not playing anymore.
是的。
Yeah.
人们正在试图弄清楚你是否会在十二月参赛。
Well, people are trying to figure out whether you'll be playing in December.
对。
Yep.
显然,就像你所说的,你即使站起来时也会感到疼痛。
You're obviously, like you said, you're in pain even when you stand up.
是的。
Yep.
比如,你如何处理那种焦虑——人们希望我在12月参赛,但我甚至不知道自己那时能否康复。
Like how do you deal with that anxiety of like, people want me to play in December, I don't even know if I'll be better yet.
对。
Yep.
我要报名吗?
Do I enter?
你如何应对
How do you navigate
这很难,因为我在去健身房,做康复训练,身体可能出了严重问题,这需要时间。
It's hard because I'm going to the gym, I'm doing my rehab, might have something seriously wrong with your body and it takes time.
我只是个普通人,我很想成为像德约科维奇那样几乎总是健康的人,看起来是这样,但要恢复到那种高水平的网球比赛,需要数月甚至数月的力量训练、坚持和勤奋。
I'm only human, I'd love to be like a Novak or someone that just is always healthy almost, it seems that way, but it takes months and months of strength, consistency, diligence to get back to playing tennis at that high level again.
我不想重返巡回赛却只是打得一般般。
Like I don't want to get back on tour and just play decent.
我曾经在争夺大满贯,我想回到那个水平。
I was competing for grand slams, I want to get back to that level.
所以可能还需要更多时间。
So it might take you know, a bit more time.
是的。
Yeah.
我想回溯一下你刚才说的,如果你能把所有黑粉都约出来吃顿饭,好好聊聊。
I want to go back a few things when you were saying like, if you could take all your haters out for dinner and hang with them.
想象我们现在正在吃饭。
So imagine we were at dinner.
对。
Yep.
所有的黑粉现在都坐在这里。
And all the haters are here right now.
你希望他们了解你什么,才能真正理解你?
What do you want them to know about you to understand you deeply?
如果你能对他们说三件事,让他们更深入、更用心地理解你,那么在当下这种氛围中,你内心真正希望他们知道的是什么?
If you could say three things to them to understand you more deeply and intently, what would you genuinely at the heart want them to know if, if we had the flow with them right now?
我想我会更想倾听他们。
I guess I would want to listen to them more.
我会问:你为什么这么讨厌我?
I'd be like, why do you dislike me so much?
因为当我读到这些评论时,我真的觉得他们发自内心地不喜欢我。
Because I feel like when I'm reading all these comments, they really truly don't like me.
而我觉得,对于我不认识的人,我从不会讨厌谁。
And I feel like I don't dislike anyone that I don't know.
我觉得,对一个我完全不了解其为人的人持有意见,这太荒谬了。
Like, I just think it's ridiculous to have an opinion or that person, I have no idea who they are or how they are.
所以我只会问他们:你为什么这么讨厌我?
So I would just ask them, why do you dislike me so much?
然后我会让他们敞开心扉。
And then I would make them open up.
比如说,我会用我的女朋友作为例子。
For instance, I'll use my girlfriend as an example.
所以我在澳大利亚的名声是傲慢、疯狂、情绪不稳定,当你第一次见一个人时,这三样特质已经是非常糟糕的先入之见了。
So my reputation in Australia is arrogant, he's crazy, he's volatile, and having those three things when you're meeting a person for the first time, they're probably three pretty rough things to already assume of someone.
每次我遇到新的人,我都得向他们证明,那不是真正的我。
I had to prove, every time I meet someone new I have to kinda prove to them that's not me.
于是我问她,你最先想到的三样东西是什么?
So I asked her, what was the first three things that came to mind?
然后她告诉了我那三样东西。
And then she told me those three things.
这就是世界上所有没见过我的人对我的第一印象。
And so that's how everyone in the world that hasn't met me before assumes I am.
这真的很残酷。
And that's pretty brutal.
这三样特质实在太糟糕了。
How those three things are terrible.
我不会和任何傲慢、情绪不稳定或疯狂的人混在一起。
I don't hang around with one person that is arrogant or volatile or crazy.
她只和我相处了两次,然后就说,你和媒体描绘的你完全不一样。
And she just spent two times with me and then she's like, you're completely different to how the media paints you out to be.
所以我想,每个黑我人都以为我就是那样的,我猜是这样。
So I guess every hater just thinks I'm like that, I'm assuming.
所以我只是努力证明我不是那样的人。
So I would just try and prove that I'm not like that.
但这真的太难了。
But it's it's it's so hard.
这段关于激发创造力的内容由AT&T赞助。
This segment about inspiring creativity is brought to you by AT and T.
AT&T相信,连接改变一切。
AT and T believes connecting changes everything.
当我们谈论职场创新时,人们普遍存在一种误解,认为通知和科技带来的持续刺激会抑制创造力,但研究表明,数字连接实际上能提升你在工作中的创造力和生产力。
When we talk about innovation in the workplace, there is this misconception that notifications and the constant stimulation from technology hinder creativity, but research suggests that being connected digitally in fact enhances your creativity and productivity at work.
我个人非常相信多种沟通方式的存在。
Personally, I'm a big believer in having various modalities of communication.
就像找到一种完美的平衡,在高效完成工作的同时也能享受其中的乐趣。
It's like finding that perfect mix between getting stuff done and having a good time doing it.
当我们拥有这么多交流方式时,不仅仅是为了处理正事,更是为了增添一些乐趣。
When we've got all these ways to chat, it's not just about the serious stuff, it's about adding some fun.
你知道那种工作与娱乐的结合。
And you know that mix of work and play.
这就像一块磁铁,把每个人都吸引过来。
It's like a magnet, pulling everyone in.
这不仅仅是分享想法,更是一起欢笑,感受到真正的团队氛围。
It's not just about sharing ideas, it's about laughing together and feeling like a real team.
这就像在加强团队凝聚力的同时,发现了一个充满创意的宝箱。
It's like finding a treasure chest of ideas while making our team bond stronger.
最棒的是什么?
And the best part?
当人们在工作中感到快乐时,一切都会改变。
When people feel happy at work, it changes everything.
他们不仅仅是在工作,而是真正投入其中。
They're not just working, they're truly engaged.
你能看到笑容,听到笑声,感受到这种积极的氛围。
You see smiles, hear laughter, and feel this positive vibe.
就好像每个人都在齐心协力追求成功。
It's like everyone's working together towards success.
这种环境对公司和员工来说都是双赢的。
And that kind of environment is a win win for both the company and its employees.
以下是通过应用程序和产品与同事保持同步,如何提升职场创造力。
And here is how staying up to date with colleagues through apps and products can boost creativity in the workplace.
你可以通过结合视频会议、智能白板和多种应用来为有效的头脑风暴创造条件。
You can set the stage for effective brainstorming sessions by using a blend of resources like video conferencing, smart whiteboards, and diverse applications.
这些工具营造了一种思想自由流动的环境,促进多元视角和创新解决方案。
These tools foster an environment where ideas flow freely, facilitating diverse perspectives and innovative solutions.
当你需要解决问题时,可以立即获取信息。
You have immediate access to information when you need a problem solved.
这意味着你能非常迅速地应对挑战,帮助团队快速且毫无麻烦地解决问题。
It means you can tackle challenges super quickly, helping your team sort things out fast and without any hassle.
我喜欢用谷歌搜索,嘿,这家公司是怎么解决这个问题的?
I love googling, hey, what did this company do to solve this problem?
这家公司是如何想出这个点子的,并且能够立刻了解到相关信息?
How did this company invent this idea and being able to learn about it immediately?
你可以使用多种工具来激发创造力。
You can use a variety of tools to spark creativity.
比如ChatGPT、Coggle、Poplet和MindMeister这些工具。
Tools like ChatGPT, Coggle, Poplet, and MindMeister.
如果你还没试过,一定要试试看。
If you haven't tried them, make sure you do.
这些不仅仅是程序,它们就像是你的创意伙伴。
These aren't just programs, they're like your creative partners.
它们能帮助你的大脑产生新想法、提出有趣的问题,并快速解决问题。
They help your brain come up with fresh ideas, ask interesting questions, and sort out problems super fast.
把它们想象成你的创意工具箱,为头脑风暴会议提供动力,并帮助你发掘惊人的新想法。
Think of them as your creative toolkit, powering up brainstorm sessions and helping you uncover amazing new ideas.
我的团队也使用像Slack和WhatsApp这样的应用程序。
My team also uses apps like Slack and WhatsApp.
它们不仅仅是用来随意聊天的。
They are not just for chatting casually.
它们就像是工作中维系我们沟通的粘合剂。
They are like the glue that holds our communication together at work.
这些应用让我们保持同步,使团队协作顺畅,并在我们最需要时提供快速解决方案。
These apps keep us in sync, making teamwork smooth and giving us quick solutions when we need them most.
本节目由AT&T为您呈现。
This has been brought to you by AT and T.
AT&T相信,连接能激发灵感、团结人心、治愈创伤并助力我们成长。
AT and T believes connecting inspires, unites, heals, and helps us grow.
连接改变了我们的生活方式,让一切变得更好。
Connecting changes how we live our lives for the better.
她是怎么抽出时间来让你相信这一点的呢?
How did she give you the time of day to, like, make you believe that?
因为就像你说的,对很多人来说确实如此。
Because like you said, for a lot of people Yeah.
而且你们在一起已经有一段时间了。
It was And you've been together for a bit now.
是的。
Yeah.
到现在快两年了。
Two years now coming up.
不过,你知道,我刚从一家小公司买了面镜子。
But, you know, I just bought a mirror off a small company.
这只是个借口,你知道,就是个借口。
It just excuses, know, just an excuse.
我该怎么让她给我一个机会呢?
Like, how am I gonna get her to just give me the chance?
我觉得那些讨厌我或者不喜欢我做事方式的人,根本不会给我机会,连听都不听,因为他们觉得我疯了。
And I feel like these people that hate me or don't like how I go about things, they they won't even give me a chance, they won't even listen because they think that I'm crazy.
你觉得你是不是在某个时候开始扮演这个角色的?
And do you think you just started playing the character at one point?
当然。
Definitely.
但归根结底,钱是很重要的。
Well that's, you know, at the end of the day, money's important.
所以我明白,那个叫尼克的才是大家想要的。
So I knew that that Nick could, that's the one that everyone wanted.
他们不在乎我真实的样子,他们只想要那一个。
They care about how I actually was, they just wanted that one.
品牌们只想和那一个合作。
Like brands just wanted to work with that one.
哇。
Wow.
那真的很艰难。
And that was hard.
比如,我早年每次做品牌相关的事情时,都精疲力尽。
Like I was like, every time I do something brand wise earlier in my career, was exhausted.
我回到家后都会说,谢天谢地,总算结束了。
I got home and was like, thank God that's over.
所以我能
So I could
再次做回自己。
just be myself again.
我会遇到一些人,他们只想要那个形象。
And I'd meet people and they would just want that.
你怎么知道的?
And how did you know that?
是你周围的人告诉你这些的吗?因为这确实很吸引人,对吧?
Were there people in your vicinity telling you that or like because that's fascinating, right?
我觉得,对于普通人来说,天赋的构建过程是相当疏离的。
Like the construction of talent is something that I think the average person is so separated from.
就像我五年前搬到洛杉矶时,我指导和合作过许多不同领域的人,无论是音乐、表演还是运动员。你开始意识到他们的管理团队希望他们塑造某种形象,比如必须表现出单身状态,否则如果处于长期关系中,人们可能就不会对你感兴趣;或者你必须以某种方式行事,这样某个品牌才愿意与你合作。
Like when I moved to LA five years ago, and I coach and work with so many different people in different parts of whether it's music, acting, athletes, and you start recognizing how their management and their teams want them to be a certain persona, whether it's like, you've got to show that you're single because otherwise people, you know, people won't be into you if you have a long term relationship or you've got to be this way so that this brand will want to work with you.
你当时听了多少这样的建议?
How much of that was in your ear?
你是听到了类似的说法,还是更多是你自己内心的想法?
Were you hearing things like that or was it more in your own mind?
更多是我自己内心的想法。
It was more in my own mind.
我觉得,你知道,我现在的团队一直都只希望我快乐,做我自己。
I think, you know, my team now have only ever wanted me to be happy and be myself.
我知道这一点,这也是我一直把他们留在身边的原因。
And I know that, and that's why I kept them around.
我的圈子很小,但我知道品牌方想要的是那个尼克,这有点可悲,因为他们甚至不想了解真实的我这个人,我们都不会坐下来像这样交谈,他们只想要我在球场上的那个样子,就是那个能娱乐大众的人。
Have a really small circle, but I knew that brands, I knew that they wanted that Nick and it's sad in a way because they don't even want to get to know me as me as a person, we wouldn't even sit down and have this conversation with, they just wanted me to be that one they see on the court, like be the entertaining one.
就像,我私下里并不是那样,我非常随和。
It's like, I'm not like that off the go, I'm very chilled out.
是的,我只是觉得大多数人只想见到那个形象。
And yeah, just, I feel like most people just want to meet that one.
是的。
Yeah.
因为这样能卖出票。
Because it sells tickets.
当然。
Of course.
吸引关注,登上头条。
Gets attention, gets the headlines.
没错。
That's right.
这让它成了一个亮点。
It makes a moment out of it.
对。
Yep.
你什么时候觉得自己把那个角色演得特别好?
When was when was the day where you felt you played that character really well?
比如,你会说什么时候你意识到:嘿,你知道吗?
Like when would you say you're like, you know what?
那是我演得最棒的一次表演,是在哪里?
That was the best acting gig I ever did where?
去年在美国公开赛上表现不错。
Last year at the US Open was good.
比如纽约的亚瑟·阿什球场是我们最大的球场。
Like Arthur Ash Stadium in New York is the biggest stadium that we have.
太疯狂了。
It's crazy.
今年赢了。
Won this year.
你走到后面,抬头看,就像在飞机上一样,四周全是人群,直勾勾地盯着你。
You go to the back and you look up as on the plane, it's just like a wall of people just like glaring down at you.
这就是网球最酷的地方。
And that's the coolest thing about tennis.
你无处可躲。
There's nowhere to hide.
如果你打得不好,也不能换人下场。
Like if you're playing if you're having a bad day, can't sub out.
没有人能替你上场。
There's no one to play your position.
所以你就只能在那里。我觉得纽约和美国观众让我感觉特别自在,我觉得他们真的很喜欢你表演、在场上做些疯狂的事情。
So you're just there and I just feel like New York and the Americans, I feel extremely at home here, I feel like they really do enjoy when you put on a show and you do some crazy stuff out there.
所以每次我走上球场前五分钟,都在更衣室里对自己说:好吧,今晚我得更像那个尼克,因为我真的很感激美国球迷给我的支持。
So every time I was stepping out on that court, was five minutes before I was in the locker room, was like, okay, I gotta be more of that Nick tonight because I do appreciate the love that the American fans do give me.
不过确实,每一场比赛都像是一场表演。
But yeah, every match was a bit a show.
你对世界各地不同的地方感觉会不一样吗?
Do you feel differently about different places around the world?
你当然经常旅行,作为一名网球运动员,你到处比赛。
You've traveled, of course, as a tennis player, you travel everywhere.
你在澳大利亚、英国和美国比赛时,分别有什么不同的感受?
How do you feel like when you're in Australia versus when you're in The UK versus when you're in The US?
比如,带我了解一下你在媒体和其他方面作为球员所经历的不同之处。
Like, walk me through the differences you experience as a player in the media and everything else.
我讨厌在澳大利亚比赛。
I hate playing in Australia.
就像,如果你要播出这个,显然,人们会以为大多数澳大利亚人都喜欢在澳大利亚比赛,但对我来说,有一个时刻彻底毁了这种感觉。
Like that's gonna if you're gonna air this, obviously, that that's gonna people think that like most Australians love playing Australia, but there was one kind of moment that ruined it for me.
我当时正在打澳大利亚公开赛的第二轮。
I was playing second round of the Australian Open.
我有过几个赛点。
I had some match points.
那场比赛持续了四个半小时,但我输了。
It was like a four and a half hour match, and I'd lost.
我在第二轮就输了。
I'd lost second round.
我记得在墨尔本比赛后被观众嘘下场,那是我最糟糕的感觉之一,因为那场比赛后,我把自己锁在理疗室里,外面不断有人敲门,说要接受采访、要干这个干那个,我关了灯,感到无比压抑。
I remember getting booed off the court in Melbourne, and that was one of the worst feelings for me because I remember after that match, I locked myself in the physio room with my physio and there were just people knocking it on the door, like I had to do media, had to do this, I turned the lights off and I was just so overwhelmed.
我为我的球迷全力以赴打了四个小时,却输掉了比赛,结果还被嘘下场。
Like I'd given my absolute all in front of my fans for four hours and I lost the match and I just got booed off the court.
这让我对在澳大利亚比赛产生了很不好的印象。
And for me that really ruined that put a sour taste in my mouth playing in Australia.
我知道现在我在澳大利亚取得过一些很好的成绩,观众们也支持我,但我不会忘记这样的事。
And I know now like I've had some great results in Australia and they have been behind me, but I don't forget things like that.
我觉得,如果我爱一个人,理解他付出的努力和时间,我绝不会那样做。
I feel like if I loved someone and I understood the effort and the hours I put in, I would never do that.
我绝不会对我家乡的英雄发出嘘声。
I'd never boo off one of my hometown heroes.
所以我想,这就是为什么它影响了我与澳大利亚的关系,你知道,代表这个国家比赛。
And that's why I guess it's affected my relationship with Australia, know, playing for the country.
因为我在那里的媒体上饱受抨击。
It's because I've been battered in the media there.
他们说过一些非常难听的话,甚至有一些澳大利亚的传奇人物曾让我和我的家人滚回我们来的地方。
Like they've said some horrible things, like there are some Australian legends that have told me and my family to go back to where we come from.
我就是不会忘记那样的事情。
And I just don't forget things like that.
莱顿·休伊特曾打电话问我,你为什么不想为国家队效力?
I've had Layton Hewitt call me on my phone and say, why don't you want to play for the country?
这里的每个人都希望你在这里,但是,国内没有其他球员像我一样,面对针对他们家人、女友的强烈反对或负面评价,这很伤人。
Everyone here wants you here, it's like, but no other player in country has dealt with the backlash or the negativity towards their family, their girlfriend like me, that hurt.
所以我想,对我来说,在澳大利亚打球,我并不是很喜欢。
So I guess playing in Australia for me, don't really like.
伦敦,那里完全不适合我。
London, just don't fit it there at all.
温布尔登,那种感觉很奇妙。
Wimbledon, it's a crazy feeling.
就像纪录片说的,就像沙漠里的雪人。
It's like the documentary said it's like a snowman in the desert.
真的就是这样。
It literally is.
我在那里走动时,每个人都说:天啊,他穿着像动漫T恤一样的衣服。
I walk around there, everyone's like, oh my god, he's wearing like a I could be wearing like an anime shirt.
他们说:看,他穿的是什么。
They're like, oh, look what he's wearing.
我在那里做的每一件事都像被放在显微镜下观察。
Everything I do there is like under a microscope.
那是一种很特别的感觉。
And that's a that's a cool feeling.
我想诺瓦克大概也能理解这种感觉。
Guess Novak would kinda understand what that feels like too.
他就像个反派,你知道的。
He's like the villain, you know.
好像没人希望你赢。
It's like no one wants to see you win.
没人希望你打进决赛。
No one wants to see and you made the finals.
你有像皮尔斯·摩根这样的人对你恶语相向。
You have people like Piers Morgan just throwing absolute venom at you.
这就是我喜欢打美网的原因,因为我觉得这里就像家,气氛太棒了,他们释放出的能量和我一致,我超爱在那里打球。
And That's why I love playing the US Open because I feel wow, this is at home, the energy is amazing and they bring that energy that I have and I love playing there.
澳大利亚和英国有点让我提不起劲,但美网,我超爱。
Australia and England are a bit, I don't like playing there, but US, love it.
是的。
Yeah.
很好,是的。
Good to, yeah.
我也喜欢亚洲。
I love Asia as well.
亚洲太棒了。
Asia's amazing.
亚洲也是吗?
Asia too?
是的。
Yeah.
你觉得亚洲人特别热爱娱乐。
Just think Asia just love entertainment.
他们喜欢新鲜的东西,而且很有礼貌,你知道的。
They love something different and they're respectful, know?
我觉得他们觉得那里的人们很不一样,但没错,我也很喜欢在亚洲比赛。
I think they get to think that people are different there, but yeah, I love playing in Asia as well.
如果你从一开始就能以‘好人尼克’的身份出现,人们也真正了解你,那会有什么不同?
What would have changed if you were allowed to be Nice Guy Nick from the beginning, and people perceived you as you actually are?
你觉得这会对你的风格、事业和工作产生怎样的影响?
How do you think that would have impacted your game, your career, the work?
在我的职业生涯前五年,几乎不可能和任何人达成任何合作,因为他们觉得我情绪不稳定、疯疯癫癫的。
Well, the first five years of my career, I was almost impossible to get any sort of deal with anyone because they just thought I was volatile, crazy.
他们不想让我代表他们的品牌。
They didn't want me representing their brand.
但我觉得,如果他们了解真实的我,知道我其实是个好人,情况可能会好很多,我可能赚到更多钱。
Where I feel like if they knew how I was and actually like a nice guy that would have helped, I probably would have made a lot more money.
我可能也会更安心,因为人们真正知道我是个好人。
I probably would have been more at peace with people actually knowing that I was a good guy.
有一段时间,我以为全世界都觉得我是个糟糕透顶的人。
Cause for a minute there I thought the whole world thought that I was just a terrible person.
我觉得这会对我的处境有所帮助。
I feel like it would have helped me.
我绝对不认为我还会陷入人生中那段黑暗时期,但反过来想,我也不想改变那段经历,因为那显然造就了今天的我。
I definitely don't think I would have fell into that dark period of my life as well, but coversely, I don't want to change that because that makes me who I am today, obviously.
我知道大家都会这么说,但当我开始在社交媒体上敞开心扉谈论这件事后,每天都有很多人向我倾诉。世界各地都有人联系我,我甚至把电话号码给了他们,和他们通电话,努力向他们表达:你正在经历的这些完全正常,没关系,但请继续联系我,如果需要帮助,随时和我保持联系。
Know everyone kind of says that, but when I opened up on social media about it, the amount of people that now open up to me daily, I've got people around the world that I give them my number and I've had phone calls with people and tried to articulate in a way that it's okay, that's completely normal what you're going through, but like please keep reaching out to me, stay in touch with me if you need any help.
所以归根结底,我职业生涯中最有力量的事情,就是帮助他人度过人生的艰难阶段。
So that's been the most powerful thing in my career at the end of the day is helping others getting through rough patches of their life.
至于所有的成就,我其实并不在意它们。
All the accomplishments, I don't actually care about them.
我身边所有人都知道,我从来不会坐在那里谈论我取得了什么成就。
All my people know, I don't ever sit there and talk about what I've achieved.
我其实并不太在意这些。
Like I don't really care about it.
我觉得那些都有点肤浅,但我现在拥有的平台非常棒,我能用它做很多事。
I think that's all a bit superficial, but the platform that I have now is amazing what I can do with it.
是的。
Yeah.
这很有趣,不是吗?
It's interesting, isn't it?
作为专业人士,我们往往认为完全掌控是才华的体现。
As a professional, we assume that complete control is a demonstration of brilliance.
但现实是,当你从事自己热爱的事情时,充满激情是很自然的。
When the reality is that when you're playing something you love, it's natural to be passionate.
是的。
Yep.
而且,想想看,我的意思是,我不是运动员,但即使是我和朋友们踢足球时,如果我射门没进,或者有人罚丢了点球,我也会非常在意。
And like, think, I mean, I'm not an athlete, but as in, even if I'm playing football with my mates, if I miss a shot, someone misses a penalty, I can take it very seriously.
是的。
Yep.
而且我不觉得,那是一种激情、在乎、热情和活力的表现。
And I don't see, that's a sign of passion and care and enthusiasm and energy.
这并不是
It's not a
是不在乎的表现,
sign of, not caring,
他们不是不在乎,也不是对谁生气或对我朋友发火。
they're not caring or being angry at someone or being mad at my mate.
他是我朋友。
It's my mate.
他永远都会是我的朋友。
He's always going be my mate.
但在那一刻,我会想,老兄,你本该把那个点球打进的,对吧?
But in that moment, it's like, dude, you should have put that penalty away, right?
但我们试图在网球中做到这一点。
But we've tried to make, in tennis.
在网球中,几乎没有任何空间留给激情和个性。
It's almost like there's no space for passion and personality, especially in tennis.
是的。
Yeah.
这是一项,你看,这是一项白人特权运动。
It's a very, look, it's a white privilege sport.
所以我从一开始就处于不利地位。
So I was behind the eight ball from the get go.
你知道,我是有色人种,个性鲜明,情绪外露,所以我总是要对抗的远不止是场上的对手。
You know, I was colored, had some, big personality, wore the emotion on my sleeve, so I was always trying to play against so many more people than just who was down.
击败世界顶尖选手本身就已经够难了,每天的训练、饮食、纪律,这些都已经是巨大的挑战。
Beating the best players in the world is already hard enough, the training every day, the diet, the discipline, that was already hard.
但对我来说,每次踏上球场,都感觉像是在与数百万更多的人对抗,我想这就是为什么我现在比普通网球选手更疲惫一些。
But me, it was like I was playing against millions more people every time I went out in the court and I think that's why I'm a bit more exhausted than the average tennis player now.
当别人上场时,他们只是在和对面的对手较量,而我却是在与媒体对抗,因为我知道我做的每一件小事都被放在显微镜下审视,即使我打了一场完美的比赛,也会有人说,哦,这本来就是应该的。
When someone goes out there, they're just playing against who's down the other end, but I was playing against the media, was playing against because I knew that every little thing I did was under such a microscope and even if I had a flawless match, was like, oh, that's how it should be anyway.
但只要我一做错什么,马上就会有人说,哦,看吧,果然如此。
But then the minute I did something bad, was like, oh, here it is.
看吧,这才是他的真面目。
See, that's his true colors.
我当时就觉得,我赢不了。
I was like, I couldn't win.
我真的赢不了。
I actually couldn't win.
然后如果我表现得很好、很有纪律,他们又会说,不行。
And then if I was well behaved and disciplined, was like, no.
那样太无聊了。
It was boring.
所以这就像是,好吧,你们想要哪一个?
So it's like, okay, which one do you want?
这就是我在网球界一直以来的感受,他们从未真正接纳过我。
And that's how I've always felt like on the tennis world, they haven't embraced me.
这就是为什么我现在对网球界怀有如此深的怨气,感觉就像,我不再欠任何人任何东西了。
And that's why I've got such a big chip on my shoulder now with the tennis world, it's like, I don't owe anyone anything anymore.
所以,这一直是最大的问题,我的整个职业生涯就像是一个行走的矛盾体。
So that's been the biggest, it's just been a whole, like a walking contradiction my entire career.
听起来背负了太多东西。
It sounds like a lot to carry.
是的,确实如此。
Yeah, it is.
确实如此。
It is.
我认为这就是我陷入黑暗的原因,因为我知道无论我做什么都无法赢。
And I think that's why I fell into that dark space because I knew that I couldn't win no matter what I did.
这让我想到,我想给你看这个。
How does this, I wanted to show you this.
对。
Yep.
这个。
This one.
看看这个。
Take a look at that.
这是来自2023年6月的斯图加特公开赛,我想。
It's from the Boss Open Stuttgart, June 2023, I believe.
看起来不开心。
Don't look happy.
是的,那时我刚从膝盖伤病中恢复,刚做完一次相当严重的手术,我知道自己身体上可能还没准备好参赛。
Yeah, and I was just, this was when me coming off my knee injury and I had a pretty serious operation and I just knew that physically I probably wasn't ready to go.
这很难,因为即使我不参赛,甚至在疫情期间,网球界依然把我当作关键的营销点之一,来维持这项运动的运转,那段时间也是最艰难的之一。
And it's hard because even when I don't play or even during COVID, the tennis world used me as a kind of one of the key marketing points to keep, I guess the sport afloat whilst during that period, that's been one of the hardest things as well.
就像一个给了我如此多负面经历、把我当外人对待的运动,却依然把我放在海报封面、用来吸引观众买票。
It's like from a sport that's given me so much negativity and of treated me like an outcast, they still use me as someone that they want put on the front cover for tickets or getting people to be there.
所以我知道,我在网球界一直被如此糟糕地对待。
So it's like, I know that I just get treated so poorly in the tennis world.
我看着那张照片,感觉我整个人都亮了,但我只是精疲力尽,一点能量都没有。
I look at that photo and just look lit, I'm just spent, there's just no energy there.
这很令人难过,因为我只是在镜头前做另一次采访,因为赛事需要而已。
And it's sad because I'm just in front of a camera doing another interview because the tournament needs it.
然而我知道,如果我——我确实输掉了那场比赛——会因此遭到憎恨。
Yet I know that if I, which I did go on to lose that match, got hate for it.
所以,是的,这很难,真的很难。
So yeah, it's hard, it's hard, it really is.
你是在尝试修复自己与网球以及这个行业的关系吗?从某种意义上说,你似乎背负着——这当然是有道理的——一种对这个行业的痛苦、压力和受害者心态,因为你承受了太多的伤害。
Are you trying to heal your relationship with tennis and the industry, like for yourself in the sense of, it almost feels like you carry, there's validity to this, of course, like you carry like a sense of like pain and stress and victimhood to the industry because there's been so much pain caused to you.
你内心是否有任何一部分在尝试疗愈这些,以便不再对行业怀有那种怨恨?
Is there any part of you that's trying to heal that so that you're not carrying that bitterness towards the industry?
我认为造成了太多伤害,我想是因为当人们问我,如果时光倒流,你还会拿起球拍吗?
I think so much damage is being done from, I guess, because when people ask me, if you had your time again, would you ever pick up a racket?
我真的认真思考过这个问题,我觉得我不会再从事这项运动了。
And I genuinely thought about it and I don't think I'd ever play this sport.
就像我觉得我永远不会再拿起网球拍了。
Like I don't think I'd ever pick up a tennis rack.
这真是件可怕的事,因为我的一生都是建立在网球之上的。
And that's such a scary thing because it's like my whole life has been built off tennis.
如果再给我一次机会,我依然不会打网球。
And if I had this again, like to go again, I wouldn't play tennis.
我觉得这太艰难了,也太黑暗了。
And I think that's so hard and it's so dark.
我现在的一切都围绕着我在球场上的成就,但如果能重来,我根本不想再拿起球拍。
Like my whole life now revolves around what I've achieved on the court, but then if I could do it again, I wouldn't ever want to pick up a racket.
说实话,我确实和自己讨论过这个问题,但我觉得我无法修复体育给我以及其他人带来的伤害。
And that is like, and I'm genuinely being honest, like I've had conversations with myself about it, but I don't think I can repair the damage that I guess the sports brought up on me and just anyone.
体育给我家人带来的压力,是无法愈合的。
Like the amount of stress that has put on my family has, you can't heal that.
六个月前,有人带着枪闯进我家,用枪指着我妈妈,想抢我的车。
Like, you know, six months ago, someone came to my house with a gun and pointed at my mom to steal my car.
我从未想过自己会提起这件事。
And I never thought that I'd bring that up.
我住在澳大利亚的一个好社区,像这样的事本不该发生,但这一切真的很难熬。
Like I live in Australia in a nice neighborhood, like where things like that just don't happen and it's just been hard.
我从未想过自己会经历那样的事情。
Like I never thought I'd deal with things like that.
还有我妈妈现在所经历的创伤,是的,我觉得我根本无法修复与网球的关系了。
And like the trauma that my mom has now gone through and yeah, I don't think I can repair my relationship with tennis at all.
哇。
Wow.
我的意思是,这确实,是的,你能照顾好自己和家人并找到解决办法,这很了不起,因为几年前我采访过丹尼斯·罗德曼,那是我做过的最艰难的采访之一,因为他当时处境非常糟糕。
I mean that's, yeah, it's amazing that you've been able to kind of take care of yourself and your family and figure it out because a few years ago I interviewed Dennis Rodman and it was one of the toughest interviews I've ever done because he was in a really bad place at the time.
我个人并不认识他,所以不清楚他现在是否好转,或者他目前状况如何,但我只记得在那次采访中,当被问及他的人生目标时,他说是为了再活一天。
I don't know him personally, so I don't know if he's better now or you know, where he's at, but all I remember was that in that interview, was, like, asked him what his purpose in life was and he said to survive another day.
这就是他当时的状态。
That's where he was at.
很大程度上是因为他感觉自己被媒体对待的方式,因为你知道,丹尼斯·罗德曼当时无处不在,他不仅在球场上成功,场下生活也被大量记录。而且他本人也是个难以捉摸的角色,性格非常独特。
And a lot of it was because of how he'd felt treated by the media because he was like, you know, Dennis Rodman was everywhere when, you know, not only was he successful on the court, but off the court, his whole life was documented in so many And he was the wild card too, like in his persona.
这让我觉得非常有意思,就好像直到有人崩溃或垮掉,我们才意识到媒体的压力有多重,而且我认为我们的大脑本就不是为承受数百万条关于我们表现、家庭和生活的评论而设计的。
And it's just fascinating to me, like, it's almost like until someone crashes or until someone burns, we don't realize how heavy media and like, I don't think our brains are wired for millions of opinions to write about us and our performance and our families and our life.
我认为现在每天都在聚光灯下生活的人数正在不断增加。
And I think the amount of people that are now dealing with that today, are in the spotlight constantly has only increased.
身处聚光灯下的人越来越多,批评他们的人也越来越多。
There are more people in the spotlight and there are more people criticizing people in the spotlight.
我们从未停下来思考过这一点。
And I don't think we've ever stopped to think about.
当有人像你这样坦诚时,你只能感同身受地想,是的,我们根本没意识到自己正在对他人造成多大的伤害,因为我觉得你生气的并不是网球这项运动。
And when someone is as honest as you, you can only empathize to think, yeah, we don't realize the damage we're doing to people because I don't think it's tennis that you're mad at as a sport.
这项运动本身,我觉得问题出在它伴随而来的东西上。
The activity, it's what comes with it is what it sounds like to me.
没错。
Definitely.
不是打网球本身的问题。
It's not playing tennis.
不是的,因为我喜欢网球。
No, because I enjoy it.
我认为网球是一项很棒的运动,每个打网球的人,我都能理解这项运动为何令人愉悦,并且对身心有益。
I think tennis is a great sport and everyone who plays it, I'm like, I can see how it's enjoyable and it's great for you.
是的,更确切地说,我觉得凯里·欧文说得对,你知道,我喜欢他的一些观点,因为他提到,我认为人们不愿承认言语真的能深深伤害一个人。
Yeah, it's more so I think Kyrie Irving, you know, I love some of his stuff because he says like, I don't think people want to say words can actually hurt someone a lot.
我也说过完全相同的话,名气和社交媒体,这些都是人为制造的。
And I've told, I've said the exact same thing, fame and social media, it's all man made.
一个人本不该每天醒来,就不断接收如此多的负面信息涌入大脑。
Someone's not supposed to wake up and then see such negativity feed into their brain constantly every day.
那么,你如何期望一个人能在如此多的负面情绪下正常表现或仅仅是生存下去呢?
And how do you expect someone to just perform or just survive with that much negativity?
而且,我显然会和一些朋友讨论这件事,你可能无法理解,但我和一些朋友聊过,没人能真正理解,因为这太不正常了。
And I have conversations, obviously you would not understand, but I have conversations with some of my friends about it and no one can understand that because it's like, it's not normal.
就好像,你本不该看到所有这些负面信息,你本不该去应对它们。
Like you're not supposed to see all that negativity, you're not supposed to deal with it.
我也不知道,我想我大概已经想不出什么答案或解决办法来应对这种情况了。
And I don't know, I guess I've kind of run out of answers or solutions as to how do you deal with that.
是的,你可以和别人谈谈这件事,但它太令人难以承受了,你该如何阻止它呢?
Like yeah, you can speak to people about it, but it's so overwhelming and how do you stop it?
你说得对,直到有人真的崩溃、彻底垮掉,你才会觉得,我们可能做得太过分了,但这就是人性,我们都把一些事情视为理所当然,直到有了反应,我们才明白自己的行为。
And you're right, until someone really crashes and burns, then you're like, I think we push it too far, but that's human nature, we all take things for granted and we all don't understand our actions until there's a reaction.
不过,确实,我的意思是不想用‘我只是在勉强生存’这样的说法,虽然我每天确实感觉只是在勉强生存。
But yeah, I mean, don't like to word it in the sense that I'm just surviving, every day I'm just surviving, but it does feel like that for me.
这就是为什么一切对我来说都像是额外的奖赏。
That's why everything's a bonus.
就像如果我明天还在这里,享受生活,吃着Chipotle,去看一场湖人队或快船队的比赛,那真是太棒了,太不可思议了,我从没想过我还能在这里做这些事情。但显然,丹尼斯只是无法用其他方式表达,事情就是这样,有时候感觉就是如此,只是那样说出来有点阴暗。是的,但我想这大概也是我一半时间里的感受。
Like if I'm here tomorrow and I'm enjoying it, I'm eating Chipotle and I'm going to watch a Lakers game or a Clippers game, like that's amazing, like that's awesome, I never thought that I'd still be here doing those things, but obviously Dennis just couldn't obviously articulate any other way, like that's how it is, that's how it feels like at times, and it's just a bit dark to say it like that, Yeah, I but but I guess that's just what it feels like for me half the time as well.
我刚才说的是,你能变得更加乐观积极,这真的很了不起,我希望你能继续保持下去,因为从我们相处的短暂时刻,我能看出你玩得很开心。
What I was saying is it's amazing that you've been able to be more upbeat and kind of positive, and I hope you keep finding that because just from the few moments we spent, I could tell you like having a good time.
你喜欢微笑,喜欢大笑,你知道吗,从你今天走进我家门的那一刻起,就有一种积极的能量围绕着你。
You like smiling, you like laughing, like, you know, like there's a positive energy that surrounds you from the moment you walked into my home today.
我希望你永远保持这一点,因为你天生就有这种能力,能让人们感到愉快,并散发出积极的能量。
And I hope you always hold on to that because you have that natural ability to make people feel good and have a positive energy.
我希望你永远不要失去这一点,因为这似乎是你的天性。
And I hope you never lose that because it seems to be who naturally who you are.
走上另一条路实在太容易了。
It's so easy to go down the other track.
不过,你是怎么处理你的感情关系的呢?
How have you managed though with your relationship too?
显然你对这段关系非常公开,你是如何保持这种积极状态的呢?
Like obviously you're quite public about your relationship, how have you managed to maintain that in a positive way as well?
因为这似乎是生活中积极的一部分,也是你愿意分享的部分。
Because that seems to be a positive part of your life, a part of your life you like sharing.
是的。
Yep.
你之前提到的很多生活方面,但把一段关系放在聚光灯下确实不容易,是的。
A lot of part of your life that you're talking about earlier, but having a relationship in the spotlight is very Yep.
那么,你是如何在保持公众关注的同时,又维持它的积极氛围的呢?
So how have you managed to keep that in the spotlight, but then also keep it positive?
关于爱,你不得不放弃的一个观念是什么,那就是爱需要被赢得?
What is one thing about love you've had to unlearn that it's earned?
认为爱必须是永恒的才算数。
That it needs to be forever for it to count.
二月是爱的月份。
February is the month of love.
无论你是否在恋爱中、随意约会,还是自豪地单身,这都是一个反思自己和你真正想要什么的好时机。
Whether you're in a relationship, casually dating, or proudly single, it's a great time to reflect on yourself and what you want.
我是希望·伍德德,语音播客的主持人。
I'm Hope Woodard, host of the voice over podcast.
这个月的每周,我们都会从各个角度探讨爱。
And each week this month, we're looking at love from every angle.
我不知道该如何告诉我的伴侣,我在床上想要什么。
I don't know how to tell my partner, like, what I want in bed.
关于浪漫小说,我想说,与其他任何文化类型相比,它总是把女性放在首位。
Thing about romantic fiction, I would say, more than any other genre of culture is that it's always put women first.
我的婚姻变得毫无意义。
My marriage stopped making sense.
那种联系开始变得不对劲。
The connection started to feel off.
行为也开始变得不一样了。
The behavior started to feel different.
今年二月,通过收听《Voice Over》来与自己建立联系。
This February, get in touch with yourself by listening to voiceover.
那是 b o y s o b e r。
That's b o y s o b e r.
我心里想,我真希望不会讨厌和我同床的人。
I'm like, I would love to not hate the man I'm sleeping with.
我不明白这到底是怎么回事。
I don't know what that's about.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple Podcasts 或你常用的任何播客平台收听《BoysOber》。
Listen to BoysOber on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
黑人历史存在于我们的故事、我们的文化以及我们今天仍在进行的对话中。
Black history lives in our stories, our culture, and the conversations we still having today.
我
I
不知道
didn't know
在这个黑人历史月,播客《我不知道,也许你也不知道》深入探讨了那些不常出现在教科书中的时刻、观点和经历。
This Black History Month, the podcast I didn't know, maybe you didn't either, digs into the moments, perspectives, and experiences that don't always make the textbook.
让我来给你讲讲加勒特·摩根的故事。
Let me tell you about Garrett Morgan.
老兄当初不得不假装自己根本不存在,就为了卖出他自己的发明。
Bruh had to pretend he didn't even exist just to sell his own invention.
请收听《我过去不知道,或许你也不知道》,来自Black Effect播客网络,可在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或任何你获取播客的地方收听。
Listen to I didn't know, maybe you didn't either, from the Black Effect Podcast Network, on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or simply wherever you get your podcast.
什么
What do
当你
you do when
新闻头条无法解释你内心的感受时,你会怎么做?
the headlines don't explain what's happening inside of you?
我是本·希金斯。
I'm Ben Higgins.
而《如果你能听见我》是文化与灵魂交汇之处,一个进行真实对话的地方。
And if you can hear me is where culture meets the soul, a place for real conversation.
每一期节目,我都会与来自各行各业的人士、名人、思想家以及普通人坐下来交谈。
Each episode, I sit down with people from all walks of life, celebrities, thinkers, and everyday folks.
我们会深入探讨那些经过修饰的故事背后的真相。
And we go deeper than the polished story.
我们谈论是什么驱动着我们,是什么塑造了我们,以及是什么给予我们希望。
We talk about what drives us, what shapes us and what gives us hope.
我们坦诚面对那些重大的议题:当你不再认识自己时的身份认同,改变你的失去,当成功还不够时的目标,当你的思绪无法平静时的安宁,以及当信仰变得复杂时的信念。有些嘉宾已经有了答案。
We get honest about the big stuff, identity when you don't recognize yourself anymore, loss that changes you, purpose when success isn't enough, peace when your mind won't slow down, faith when it's complicated, some guests have answers.
大多数人仍在摸索中。
Most are still figuring it out.
如果你曾觉得故事背后一定还有更多,那么这个节目就是为你准备的。
If you've ever felt like there has to be more to the story, this show is for you.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《If You Can Hear Me》。
Listen to, if you can hear me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嗯,这一点也源于我的经验。
Well, was very that just comes from experience as well.
我之前有过一些关系,你知道的,那些关系很有毒,最后都没好结果。
I've had relationships prior that, you know, were toxic and they didn't ended up going well.
我觉得我现在这段关系最棒的地方,就是我们彼此有着非常明确的界限和尊重。
And I think the thing I love about my relationship now, we have such strong boundaries and respect for each other.
在社交媒体和人际关系中,界限常常比较模糊。
Like we don't and with social media and relationships in general, like boundaries can be a bit soft.
我觉得,我成长的背景是,我父母已经在一起将近四十年了。
And I think, you know, I come from a background where my parents have been together for nearly forty years.
哇。
Wow.
而且他们,你知道,他们仍然会争吵、互相开玩笑、惹对方生气。
And they're, you know, they're still, they argue and they joke with each other, they get on each other's nerves.
我和我妈妈谈过这件事,她说,耐心是一段关系中最重要的东西,沟通和耐心。我想我的女朋友比我年轻一些,但我们坐下来,设定了彼此的界限和尊重,我认为这就是为什么我们的关系能成功,因为我们明白处于聚光灯下对关系来说是残酷的,总会有人试图诋毁你,在这里或那里发条信息,点个赞,这类事情。我现在意识到我必须对这些事情保持警惕,因为这关乎尊重。
I spoke to my mom about it, she goes, patience is the biggest thing in a relationship where communication and patience, and I think my girlfriend's a bit younger than I am, but we've sat down, we've set our boundaries and respect for each other and I think that's why it works because we understand that being in the spotlight is brutal for relationships, there's always going be people trying to tear you down, send a message here or there, liking a photo, these types of things and I've now realized that I have to be diligent with these things because it's a respect thing.
在社交媒体上,我想这就像是你在当今时代的样子,你是谁,你在Instagram上是谁,你在Twitter上是谁。
On social media, guess that's like who you are in today's and ages, who you are, who are you on Instagram, who are you on Twitter.
所以你必须确保自己在那些平台上把每一条都做到位。
So you have to make sure that you're ticking every box on those sort of platforms.
不过,是的,我的女朋友能理解,她也愿意听我说。
But yeah, my girlfriend gets it and she listens to me.
如果我没有这些经历,她可能就不会听了。
If I hadn't had all these experiences, she wouldn't listen.
所以她知道我经历了很多,她也同样信任我。
So she knows that I've been through a lot and she trusts me as well.
所以她确实会听,而且我们的关系非常好。
So she does listen and we have a great relationship.
是的,设定界限这部分确实非常重要。
Yeah, the boundaries part is so important.
这真的太重要了。
It's so important.
我总举这个例子,如果她怀着我的孩子,而我的手机突然弹出有女孩喜欢我的照片之类的消息,这就会埋下隐患,积累紧张情绪,然后最终爆发。
I always have this example, if she was pregnant with my kid and my phone just popped up with girls just liking my photo and stuff, that plays a path and that builds up tension and then it just explodes.
所以我尽力做到面面俱到,让她感到舒适和被尊重,尤其因为我们备受关注,这一点就更加重要了。
So I try and tick every box and make her feel comfortable and respected and especially it's heightened because we're in the spotlight so much.
所以我竭尽所能让她感到安心。
So I try and do everything I can to make her feel comfortable.
是的,确实,我觉得,我记得我和我妻子在一起大概三年后才……不对,我们结婚三年,在一起六年之后,才在社交媒体上公开一起做了点事。
Yeah, no, it's a, you know, I think it was, I remember my wife and I had been together for like three years before, no, we'd been together for, we'd been married for three years and together for six years before we did something together publicly on social media.
没错。
Yep.
我觉得这对我们来说非常重要,因为我们已经在一起一段时间了,但当社交媒体开始为我带来关注、我创作的内容开始走红时,我们还在摸索建立我们的关系基础。
And I felt that that was so important for us because we'd been together for a while, but then when social media started to take off for me and the content that I was making, we were just still like finding our foundations.
是的。
Yep.
就像是在慢慢摸索明白。
And like figuring it out.
我无法想象如果我们比那更早就在社交媒体上以任何形式共同活跃会怎样,因为我觉得那时我自己还在摸索这对我的意义。
And I can't imagine if we would have been active on social media together in any way earlier than that for us, because I think I was just figuring out what it meant for me.
然后她就在思考这对她意味着什么。
Then she was figuring out what it meant for her.
我觉得很多人,无论你是否拥有平台,我们都没有进行过这样的对话,也没有和另一个人一起弄清楚这一点。
I feel like a lot of people, it doesn't matter whether you have a platform or not, we're not having those conversations and figuring that out with another human being.
即使是现在,直到今天,我妻子在社交媒体上的优先事项以及她想分享的内容也和我不同。
And even now, even till this day, my wife has different priorities on social media and what she wants to share than I do.
而这带来了许多有趣的问号。
And it comes with so many interesting question marks.
比如有人问我们:你们经常分享你们的关系,但她却不发。
Like we had someone asking us a question of like, oh, well you post about your relationship, but she doesn't.
这是否意味着你们之间有问题?
Like, does that mean there's an issue?
我当时就说:不,只是我们的方式不同。
And I was like, no, it's just we have different ways.
我喜欢分享我们的关系,而她更喜欢保持一定的私密性。
Like I love sharing about our relationship, she likes keeping it a bit more private.
这并不意味着有问题,但令人着迷的是,一切都被脱离了上下文来解读。
Like that doesn't mean that there's an issue, but it's so fascinating how everything gets taken out of context.
是的,我认为大多数关系的问题都源于社交媒体。
Yeah, I think most relationships, the problems stem from social media.
我有一些朋友,他们的关系非常健康,但在社交媒体上的标准不同,就像你所说的那样;但我觉得,为了让关系有最好的发展机会,你们在这些方面必须达成一致。因为在我之前的恋爱中,双方在社交媒体上的标准不一致,也没有互相尊重,结果都不太好。
And I've got friends that have very healthy relationships with different standards on social media like you said, but I feel like to give the relationship the best chance of working, you need to see eye to eye on those things because in my previous relationships, the standards on social media weren't the same and they weren't as respected of both sides and it didn't go well.
但在这里,我们在这些方面意见一致,我认为这是关键所在,因为再次强调,媒体到底是什么?
But here we see eye to eye and I think it's a crucial part of it because again, media, what is it?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。