本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是iHeart播客《保证人性》。
This is the iHeart podcast, Guaranteed Human.
我是杰西·米尔斯医生,《邮局》播客的主持人。
This is doctor Jesse Mills, host of the Mailroom podcast.
每年一月,男性都会承诺变得更强壮、更努力工作,并修复那些破损的东西。
Each January, men promise to get stronger, work harder, and fix what's broken.
但如果真正的努力根本不是身体上的呢?
But what if the real work isn't physical at all?
我与心理学家史蒂夫·波尔特医生坐下来,探讨羞耻、焦虑以及男性从未被教会如何命名的情感痛苦。
I sat down with psychologist doctor Steve Poulter to unpack shame, anxiety, and the emotional pain men were never taught how to name.
在绝望谷地的中途,你会意识到事情已经发生,你必须做出选择:是继续留在这里,还是继续前行。
Part of the way through the valley of despair is realizing this has happened, and you have to make a choice whether you're gonna stay in it or move forward.
我们的两部分对话现已上线。
Our two part conversation is available now.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或您收听喜爱节目的任何平台收听《邮局》。
Listen to the mail room on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your favorite shows.
你好。
Hi.
我是普里扬卡·瓦利医生。
I'm doctor Priyanka Wally.
我是哈里昆达博卢。
And I'm Harikundabolu.
新的一年到了。
It's a new year.
在播客《健康那些事》中,我们重新审视我们谈论健康的方式。
And on the podcast Health Stuff, we're resetting the way we talk about our health.
这意味着坦诚面对我们所知道的、不知道的,以及这一切可能有多么混乱。
Which means being honest about what we know, what we don't know, and how messy it can all be.
我喜欢晚睡晚起。
I like to sleep in late and sleep early.
有这样的生物钟类型吗,还是我只是抑郁了?
Is there a chronotype for that, or am I just depressed?
《健康那些事》是关于学习、欢笑,以及感到不那么孤单。
Health stuff is about learning, laughing, and feeling a little less alone.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
关于爱,你曾经不得不放弃什么观念?
What is something you've had to unlearn about love?
爱是需要争取的。
That it's earned.
我不值得被爱。
That I was unworthy of love.
爱必须是永恒的才算数。
That it needs to be forever for it to count.
二月是爱的月份。
February is the month of love.
无论你正在恋爱、随意约会,还是自豪地单身,这都是反思自己和你真正想要什么的好时机。
Whether you're in a relationship, casually dating, or proudly single, it's a great time to reflect on yourself and what you want.
我是希望·伍德德,BoysOber播客的主持人,每周我们都会从各个角度探讨爱。
I'm Hope Woodard, host of the BoysOber podcast, and each week, we're looking at love from every angle.
收听BoysOber。
Listen to BoysOber.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或你常用的任何播客平台搜索b o y s o b e r。
That's b o y s o b e r on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
每个人都以为销售是一种工作,但它其实是一种技能。
Everybody thinks that sales is a job when it's a skill set.
销售是一种建立更好关系、更好友谊的方式,也是你与自己内心对话的方式。
Sales is a way to have better relationships, better friendships, the way that you talk to yourself in your own mind.
对我而言,销售就是自由。
Sales to me is freedom.
我深信,只要你教会任何人销售,她就再也不会穷困潦倒。
I full heartedly believe that if you teach anybody sales, she'll never go broke again.
大家好,欢迎回到《有目的》。
Hey everyone, welcome back to On Purpose.
今天我邀请到了谢莉·萨普,她是一位企业家、销售领袖和创始人。
Today I'm joined by Shelby Sapp, entrepreneur, sales leader and founder.
谢莉从挨家挨户地奔波推销,发展到利用社交媒体建立强大的线上运动,帮助成千上万的人掌握真正的销售技能、建立自信并实现财务独立。
Shelby went from door to door hustling to building a powerful online movement using social media to help thousands of people gain real sales skills, confidence and financial independence.
今天她将分享,那些帮助她在销售领域取得成功的技能,如何也能帮助你更好地沟通、建立信任,并创造你一直渴望的生活。
Today she's sharing why the skills that helped her succeed in sales can help you communicate better, build trust and create the life that you've always wanted.
无论你是否从事销售工作,这一集都适合你。
Whether you work in sales or not, this episode is for you.
如果你想学会如何更好地谈判和说服他人,这一集适合你。
If you want to know how to negotiate better and persuade people, this episode is for you.
如果你想了解销售技能如何彻底改变你的人生,这一集适合你。
And if you want to know how sales skills could transform the entirety of your life, this episode is for you.
有请谢莉·萨普做客《有目的》节目。
Please welcome to On Purpose, Shelby Sapps.
谢莉,非常高兴你能来。
Shelby, it's Thank great to have you
我知道,我非常感激能来到这里。
I know, I'm so grateful to be here.
这太棒了。
This is amazing.
谢谢。
Thank you.
自从我接触到你的内容后,我记得给你发过消息,心想:真不敢相信学校里居然没教过我们销售。
Well, ever since I discovered your content, remember messaging you and just thinking, I can't believe we weren't taught sales in school.
这太荒谬了。
Oh, it's ridiculous.
我无法相信,因为我们不擅长销售,生活中犯了多少错误。
I can't believe how many mistakes we make in our life because we're bad at sales.
我只是觉得,如果每个人都有更好的销售技巧,就像我之前说的,不管你是否从事销售工作,我觉得我们整个生活都是销售。
And I just think if everyone had better sales skills, as I said earlier, whether you work in sales or you don't, I feel like our whole life is sales.
我们一直在推销,一直在展示,一直在试图向他人传达自己的想法。
We're constantly pitching, we're constantly presenting, we're constantly trying to communicate our ideas to people.
所有这些事情都是销售,对吧?
All of those things are sales, right?
所以我想听听你的看法,无论一个人是否从事销售工作,为什么拥有销售能力如此重要?
So I wanna hear in your words, whether someone's in sales or not, why is it important to have sales So
每个人都认为销售是一种工作,但实际上它是一种技能。
everybody thinks that sales is a job when it's a skill set.
而且,是的,你可以很好地将这种技能变现,但销售是一种建立更好关系、更好友谊的方式,也是你与自己内心对话的方式。
And yeah, you can monetize that skill set very well but sales is a way to have better relationships, better friendships, the way that you talk to yourself in your own mind.
比如,你可以克服自己内心的抗拒,告诉自己:我不够好。
Like, you can roll your own objections that tell you, I'm not good enough.
我不配拥有这些,让你真正相信,你在生活的方方面面都值得拥有更好的一切。
I don't deserve this, to make you really believe that you do deserve a better life in every single aspect.
所以,对我来说,销售意味着自由,因为我深信,只要你教会任何人——尤其是女性——销售,她这一生就再也不会陷入贫困。
So sales to me is freedom because I full heartedly believe that if you teach anybody, and specifically a woman's sales, she'll never go broke again for the rest of her life.
总有什么东西是可以销售的。
There's always something to sell.
你的东西,其他公司,不仅仅是金钱方面,还会改变你的友谊。
Your stuff, other companies, and not only just the money side, but also, you know, it changes your friendships.
它会改变你生活中方方面面的人际关系。
It changes your relationships in every facet of your life.
它能让你获得掌控感,因为如果你想在销售方面做得好,就必须培养一种解决问题的心态。
It allows you to gain control because you have to have if you want to be good at sales, you have to develop a figure it out mentality.
你就得自己想办法解决。
Like, you just have to figure it out.
你的心态是,如果别人拒绝我,
And your mentality is like, if somebody tells me no,
这没关系。
that's fine.
每个人都会说
Everybody's gonna tell
我被拒绝。
me no.
我就直接说不。
I'm just gonna go no.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
直到我得到肯定的回答。
Until I get my yes.
销售必须教会你的这种心态,无论你做什么,都会让你成功。
And that kind of a mentality that sales has to teach you, it will make you successful no matter what you do.
对。
Yeah.
我没有销售工作,但我不得不不断推销、分享、沟通的事情多到令人难以置信,我们生活的每个领域其实都是销售工作,只是我们没意识到而已。
I don't have a sales job, but the amount of things I constantly have to pitch, share, communicate, it's unbelievable just how every area of our life is a sales job without even thinking about it.
你刚才说的这一点让我深有共鸣,我以前从没听过有人这么讲。
One thing you just said really resonated with me, I've never heard it put like that.
你说我们甚至需要向自己推销自己
You said that we even have to sell ourselves in our own mind
没错。
Exactly.
向我们自己。
To ourselves.
跟我详细说说这个,因为我从来没听人这么说过。
Talk to me a bit about that because I've never heard someone say that before.
对。
Right.
在销售中应对异议是最让人害怕的事,大家都觉得天啊,我得把‘不’变成‘是’,把负面变成正面。
So rolling objections in sales is like the scariest thing that everybody's like, oh my gosh, I have to turn a no into a yes or a negative into a positive.
但当你应对他人的异议,并真正努力帮助他人改变生活——无论是在你自己的生意中推销产品,还是在推广他人的产品时——你会学会为他人争取,然后将这种能力应用到自己的内心。
But when you roll other people's objections objections and and when when you you really really fight fight for for somebody somebody to transform their life, whether that's in your own business that you sell or whether you're selling somebody else's offers, you learn how to fight for other people and then you replicate it in your own mind.
每个人都会经历类似的想法:这太冒险了,我应该保持安全,我不够好,或者这些限制性信念。
So everybody goes through the same thoughts of, you know, this is too risky or I should stay safe or I'm not good enough or, you know, these limiting beliefs.
但你必须告诉自己:好吧。
But you have to tell yourself, okay.
我感受到了恐惧。
I'm feeling that fear.
我感受到了那种犹豫。
I'm feeling that kind of hesitation.
这是负面能量。
That's negative energy.
我需要将它转化为正面能量,才能继续前进。
I need to turn it into positive energy in order to move forward.
所以你可以应对自己的异议,比如:我不够好。
So you can roll your own objections, which is like, I'm not good enough.
然后我会说,我完全理解你的感受。
And then it's like, I totally hear you.
让人平静。
Calming.
让人放松。
Easing.
我能质疑这个信念吗?
Can I challenge that belief?
我总是对人们这么说。
That's what I always say to people.
每当我应对异议时,我总是说:我明白你的感受,但我能暂时质疑一下这个信念吗?
Whenever I roll objections, it's always, I hear you, but can I challenge that belief for a second?
然后你不仅会用这种方式去挑战别人的信念,如果需要的话,也会用它来挑战自己的信念。
And then you challenge that own belief with somebody else, but also with yourself if you need it too.
这就是你如何重新塑造你的思维:好吧,我正在输入一些消极的东西,但我打算去感受它、应对这个异议、重新诠释它,然后输出一些积极的东西。
And it's how you just reframe your brain into, okay, I'm inputting something that's negative, but I'm going to feel that I'm going to roll that objection, reframe it, and output something positive.
是的
Yeah.
我非常喜欢这种认可,即感受是真实的,恐惧确实存在,但我们要如何挑战它呢?
And I love that acknowledgement that the feeling's real and the fear is there, but how do we challenge it?
我认为你说得对,我们大多数人如果头脑中冒出某个想法,就会直接相信它是真的。
And I think you're so right that most of us, if our mind says something, just believe it to be true.
如果你的头脑说你不够好,你就会想:嗯,看来我确实不够好。
If your mind says you're not good enough, you're like, yeah, guess I'm not good enough.
没错
Exactly.
或者你的头脑说:像你这样的人根本不可能到达那样的地方。
Or your mind says, no, people like you don't get to places like that.
你的头脑说:是啊,这大概是真的,然后我们就放弃了。
Your mind says, yeah, that's probably true and we give up.
跟我谈谈我们可以在生活中处处运用的三项销售技巧,以获得我们想要的一切。
Talk to me about what are the three sales skills that we can use everywhere in our life to get everything we want.
了解别人的筹码。
Knowing somebody's leverage.
好的。
Okay.
你可以在销售中运用。
You can set in sales.
你可以用十种不同的方式推销同一件东西。
You can sell the same thing 10 different ways.
跟我详细说说。
Tell me about that.
比如,如果我在推销一个健身项目。
For example, if I am selling a fitness program.
好的。
Okay.
我是一个擅长促成交易的健身产品销售员。
I'm gonna close I'm a closer on a fitness offer.
我可以向想减肥的人推销。
I can sell to somebody who wants to lose weight.
我可以向想增重的人推销。
I can sell to somebody who wants to gain weight.
我可以向那些有健康问题且现在急需帮助的人推销。
I can sell to somebody who has some health problems and an urgent need right now.
我也可以向那些为了预防疾病、追求整体健康的人推销。
And I can sell to somebody for prevention, for just overall health.
所以,推销东西有多种不同的方式。
So there's a bunch of different ways that you can sell things.
如果你用同样的方式向不同类型的人推销同样的产品,你只能吸引到那些与你所构建的杠杆点相符的人。
So if you try to sell the same thing the same way to different types of people, you're only going to get those specific people that the leverage was built.
因此,你的工作是识别出具体的杠杆点。
So what your job is is to identify the specific leverage.
我所说的杠杆点,指的是痛点。
And by by leverage, I mean pain points.
不同的人有不同的痛点,正是这些痛点推动他们做出购买决策。
So different people have different pain points and what's gonna motivate them in order to make a buying decision.
所以,为了回溯一下,你需要理解一个人的痛点,以及他们具体想要什么,什么能改变他们的日常生活。
So to kind of like back up, you need to understand somebody's leverage points and what they specifically want and what will change their day to day life by making a decision.
一旦你找到了这些痛点,问题就明确了。
And once you find the leverage points, that's the problem.
解决方案就是你正在向他们销售的东西。
The solution is whatever you're selling them.
对。
Right.
无论是促销,还是你男朋友帮他化解异议,抑或任何其他事情。
Or, you know, whether that be a promotion, whether that be, you know, your boyfriend rolling objections with him, whether that be literally anything.
这个世界就是由问题和解决方案构成的。
The world is problem and solution.
如果你能围绕人们的痛点建立起足够的价值,那就成了。
And if you can build enough value around people's pain points, there you go.
你可以解决任何问题。
You can solve anything.
所以这是第一项技能。
So that's the first skill.
对。
Mhmm.
另外两项是什么?
Are the other two?
所以是利用杠杆和创造价值。
So leverage and then building value.
如果你能为人们提供价值,你就永远不会穷了。
So if you can provide value to people, you will never be broke again.
但你也能因此解锁许多不同的人际关系,因为你能与人建立价值。
But you can also just unlock so many different relationships because you can build value with people.
价值体现在你切入他们的痛点,也就是他们希望解决的问题。
So value looks like you insert their pain points, which is what they want solved.
但你不仅提供给他们一个解决方案,只是机械地念出包含什么,或者你是如何解决的。
But then you not only provide them a solution and just reading off what's included or, you know, how you're solving it.
我称之为卖的是氛围,而不是产品本身。
I call it sell the sizzle, not the steak.
是的。
Mhmm.
因为没人关心你卖的是什么。
Because nobody cares about what you're selling.
他们关心的是这个东西每天能为他们带来什么改变。
They care about what it does for them on a day to day basis.
所以这就是解决方案的部分。
So that's the solution part.
然后我们进入第三点,我称之为KISS方法,也就是保持简单,别搞复杂。
Then we get into the third, which is, I call it, the kiss method, but it's keeping it simple stupid.
如果你明白人们并不是因为不喜欢你、不想买你的东西,或者不希望你待在他们身边才拒绝你,你的生活就会好很多。
Life will get so much better for you if you understand that people don't necessarily say no to you because they don't want it or they don't, you know, want you around them or whatever.
这是因为你不够清晰。
It's because you're not clear.
你知道的。
You know?
所以,如果你把你的要求说清楚,让对方明确知道,当我拿出信用卡、当我给予这个人晋升、当我把这份工作给你时,我确切知道会发生什么。
So if you make your ask clear to where somebody knows exactly when I hand over my credit card or exactly when I give this person this promotion or exactly when I give you this job, I know exactly what's going to happen.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你给他们清晰的预期。
You give them clarity.
第四点就是直接开口问。
And then the fourth thing is just ask.
如果你不主动开口,就永远得不到任何东西。
You never get anything done if you don't ask for it.
我就是靠这种烦人的劲头闯出了一番事业。
Like, I created a career off of being annoying.
说实话,卖东西的时候,你得有点烦人。
Literally, like, selling people, you have to be a little annoying.
经营生意,你得有点烦人。
Growing a business, you have to be a little annoying.
做内容,你也得有点烦人。
Content, you have to be a little annoying.
但那些敢于打破常规、接受自己可能有点烦人、有点咄咄逼人、甚至有点不切实际的人,才能进入你原本觉得不配进入的场合。
But those people that step out of the box and just accept that being annoying or maybe a little pushy or just a little out there delusional, that is what's going to put you into rooms that you didn't really think you deserved.
但转折点在于,你确实配得上,因为你主动争取了。
But the plot twist is you do deserve it because you asked for it.
是的。
Yeah.
跟我讲讲那些人吧,我想跟那些持怀疑或愤世嫉俗态度的人聊聊,他们会觉得:哦,如果我针对人们的痛点沟通,就是在操纵他们,利用他们。
Tell me about the people and I wanna speak to the skeptics or the cynical people who are like, oh, well if I'm talking to people's pain points then I'm manipulating them, I'm taking advantage of them.
有道德的销售和正确做法,与利用或操纵他人之间,区别到底在哪里?
What's the difference between ethical sales and doing it properly and then taking advantage of other people or manipulating them?
你该怎么解释这个区别呢?
How would you talk about the difference?
当然。
For sure.
每个人都认为销售是操纵,但其实它是情感领导力。
So everybody thinks that sales is manipulation but it's actually emotional leadership.
我的意思是,当你向一个合格的买家推销时,这意味着他们对你提供的东西有一定兴趣,他们之所以和你交谈,是因为他们有一个需要解决的问题。
So what I mean by that is when you are selling somebody that's a qualified buyer, which means they're somewhat interested in what you have to offer, they are here talking to you because they have a problem that they need solved.
所以,如果他们没有解决这个问题,如果你没有帮助他们,那就是你没尽到责任。
So it is your duty to if they don't solve their problem, if they don't, you didn't do your job.
你没有帮助到他们。
You didn't help them.
而解决这个问题的关键,其实是推销你真正相信的东西。
So what helps with this is actually selling something that you believe in.
所以,如果你推销的是自己,比如在求职面试中,或者和朋友、男朋友交谈时,你必须相信自己的价值。
And so if what you're selling is yourself, like on a job interview or talking to a friend or your boyfriend, you have to believe in your worth.
这是个很重要的事。
That's a big thing.
但再说一遍,如果你在推销某样东西,你必须相信你所推销之物的价值,因为这种信念会体现在你声音的坚定中。
But, again, if you're selling something, you have to believe in the worth of what you're selling because that comes off in the conviction of your voice.
销售有80%取决于你说话时对产品的信念和能量。
And sales is 80% the conviction of your voice and the energy that you have when you're talking about your product.
正如我常说的,人们购买的是你的眼神——当你谈论某件事时,那种热情会透过眼神传递出来。
Like I always say, people buy your eyes in the way that you have passion coming through when you're talking about something.
归根结底,只有当你不相信自己真的能帮助这个人时,这才算是操纵。
So at the end of the day, it's only manipulation if you don't believe that you can actually help this person.
但当你真正进入情感领导的角色,引领人们做出艰难的决定时,比如:我该不该买?
But when you really step into emotional leadership where you're leading people through kind of a hard decision, you know, do I buy something?
我该不该买?
Do I not?
我该不该改变我的生活?
Do I change my life?
我换一份新工作吗?
Do I get a new job?
我参加这个健身计划还是别的什么?
Do I join this fitness program or whatever?
你正在帮助人们为他们的长远利益做出更好的决定。
You are helping people make a better decision for them in the long run.
如果你做得对,他们会感谢你。
And if you do it right, they'll be thanking you.
所以这非常有成就感。
So it's very fulfilling.
是的,完全正确。
Yeah, absolutely.
我想起我16岁第一次工作时的经历,我妈妈请我们家的一个朋友帮忙,让我在商业设计中心那家公司获得了一份工作。
I'm thinking back to my first work experience when I was like 16 years old, my mom had asked for a favor from a family friend of ours to get me a job at this company at the Business Design Center.
这是英国的一个活动场地。
This is a event space in England.
好的。
Okay.
我在一家公司工作,负责向客户销售活动场地,用于举办大型活动。
And I worked at a company where we'd be selling event space to people for these big events.
所以会有关于自行车的展会,我们就得打电话给所有这些自行车公司和展商。
So there'd be a event about bikes and then we'd have to call up all these bike companies and seldom stands.
有一次汽车展览,我们就得打电话给所有这些汽车公司。
There was a car exhibition and we'd have to call up all these car companies.
我对销售一无所知,还记得当时被培训去打陌生电话,真的吗?
I knew nothing about sales and I remember being trained to cold call like Seriously?
300个,是的。
300 Yeah.
好的,那你的推销话术是什么?
Okay, so what was your pitch?
你的陌生电话话术是什么?
What was your cold call?
记不太清了,因为我当时才16岁。
Can't remember fully because I was 16 years old.
是的。
Yeah.
我打电话时,记得自己总是说:‘您好,我是杰·谢蒂,来自商业设计公司’,或者我想我们当时叫上街活动公司。
And I'd be on the phone and I remember just the amount of times I'd be like, hey, I'm Jay Shetty calling from the business design, or I think we were called upper street events.
应该说:‘您好,我是杰·谢蒂,来自上街活动公司。’
Should be like, hey, I'm Jay Shetty calling from upper street events.
有很多人一听就直接挂断了电话。
The amount of people that just put the phone down immediately.
就像你刚才几分钟前说的,你必须习惯这一点。
And it's what you just said a few moments ago where you just had to get used to the fact.
商业设计中心是个非常漂亮的活动场地。
Now the Business Design Center was this beautiful event space.
我真心觉得那里是个举办活动的绝佳场所。
I really believe that it was a cool space to have events.
那是少数几个举办大型时装秀的地方之一,空间非常棒。
Was one of the few places that like, there were big fashion shows that took place, there was a really cool space.
这回到了你之前说的,我花了很长时间才做到:第一,学会接受失败和拒绝;第二,让自己的声音充满信念;最后,终于达到一个状态,那就是:你将要在英国第一展览中心展出。
And it goes back to what you were saying that it took me time to A, get comfortable with failure and rejection, B, get some conviction in my voice and then finally get to a point where it was like, you're gonna be exhibited at the number one exhibition center in The UK.
因为你相信它。
Because you believed in it.
blah, blah,是的,诸如此类。
Blah, blah, yeah, etcetera.
你需要通过实践来了解真正会发生什么,你说得对,如果你不重新调整产品,就不可能只是照着脚本念。
And you learn from figuring out what's actually gonna happen and you're so right that if you don't reset the product, you can't just read a script.
当然。
For sure.
我认为,当你只是重复脚本却并不相信它时,能量就会出错。
And I think that's where the energy goes wrong when you just are repeating a script but you don't believe in it.
你刚才说了一件有趣的事。
Well, you said something interesting.
人们会立刻挂断电话。
It's like people will just immediately put the phone down.
不,我没兴趣。
Just, no, I'm not interested.
啪。
Boom.
很多人认为在销售中,你必须说服每一个人。
A lot of people think that in sales you have to sell every single person.
当你被拒绝时,这说明你是个糟糕的销售代表,对吧?
And when you get a no, that's an indicator that you're a bad sales rep, right?
但在销售中,你接触的是未达标和已达标的客户。
But in sales, you're talking to unqualified and qualified buyers.
所以很多时候,如果你在和一个未达标的客户交谈,就不必太在意。
So a lot of the times, if you're talking to someone that's unqualified, that you shouldn't sweat it.
如果你在进行陌生拜访、上门推销或任何类型的冷接触,你的工作——用我常说的话来解释——其实就是筛选出未达标的客户。
Your job, if you are cold calling or door knocking or doing any sort of cold approach, is just the way that I like to explain it is you're almost sifting through the unqualified buyers.
你是在判断他们是否值得你花时间。
And you're more qualifying if they are worth your time.
是的。
Mhmm.
好吧。
You're like, okay.
你当着我的面把门关上了。
You slammed the door in my face.
没关系。
No problem.
我离找到愿意听我说的人又近了一步。
I'm one step closer to getting somebody that will listen to me.
或者你,你知道的,很快就挂了电话。
Or you, you know, hung up the phone super quick.
太好了。
Awesome.
谢谢你没有浪费我的时间,因为那会让我在根本无法帮助的人身上消耗精力。
Thank you for not wasting my time because it would have drained my energy on somebody that I actually can help.
所以在生活中,你也会明白,并不是每个人都有资格占用你的时间。
So in life in general too, you will learn that not every single person is worth your time.
那些愿意的人和不愿意的人之间是有区别的。
And there's a difference between somebody that does and doesn't.
这就是未合格的买家和合格的买家之间的区别。
It's unqualified buyers and qualified buyers.
生活中总有一个时刻,你会获得某种自信,因为你明白生活本质上是一场数字游戏。
So there comes a point in life where you just get some sort of confidence because you know that life is a numbers game.
是的,完全正确。
Yeah, and absolutely.
而且我认为,回到我之前提到的操控点,如果一个人并不想要,你就没必要去说服那个已经挂断你电话的人。
And I think the point going back to my manipulation point is that if someone doesn't want it, you're not trying to convince the person who already put the phone down on you
当然。
For sure.
重新拿起电话去说服他们,因为你想要找到一个合适的潜在客户。
To pick the phone back up to convince them because you wanna get a good target.
对。
Right.
你接受了一个事实:这个人并不合适。
You're accepting the fact that this isn't the right person.
对。
Right.
他们显然不需要或不想要这个,这没关系。
They obviously don't need this or want this and that's okay.
跟我聊聊年轻人,你二十多岁的时候。
Talk to me about what people, you're in your twenties.
二十多岁的人应该做些什么,才能拥有一个美好的财务未来?
What should people in their twenties be doing to have a great financial future?
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
好的。
Okay.
有几件事。
Couple things.
第一,搬出去。
One, move out.
如果你仍然被别人对你的固有看法所束缚,你就无法真正改变自己。
You cannot change yourself if you are still tied to the perceptions that everybody else has around you.
比如你从小一起长大的那些人,他们眼中的你还是过去的你。
Like the people that you grew up with, they see you as your old version of yourself.
所以,如果你真的想要一种指数级的、颠覆性的自我蜕变,你就需要几乎从一张白纸开始,不要因为稍微改变自己的形象或尝试新事物而感到愧疚。
So if you truly want, like, exponential quantum leap change of yourself, you need to almost kinda have a clean slate and not feel bad about, you know, presenting yourself a little differently or trying new things out.
所以我觉得,老朋友、甚至老家人,倒不是说他们有问题,但当你改变物理环境时,如果同时也能改变内在的自己,就会容易得多。
So I think, you know, old friends, old family members even, not that they're the problem, but it just makes it a lot easier when you do change your physical surroundings to also change yourself internally.
我还建议,当你搬新家时,买最贵的健身房会员卡,去桑拿房,跟每个人聊天。
I would also recommend when you do move, buy the most expensive gym membership, sit in the sauna, and talk to everybody.
一个联系就可能彻底改变你的人生。
One connection can literally change your life.
我通过在电梯里、桑拿房里与人交谈,只要保持开放的心态,不整天板着脸,稍微友善一点,就结识了大量的人,这真的会改变你的人生。
And the amount of people that I've met just from talking to people in the elevator, you know, sitting in the sauna, and just being open, not having a frown on your face all day, and being a little bit approachable, it will change your life.
而且,这又是一个数字游戏。
And, again, it's a numbers game.
你可能会遇到一些怪人。
You might have some weirdos.
你可能会遇到一些陌生人。
You might have some randos.
但只要你真正与少数人进行了深入交流,就把他们记在心里,因为你的社交网络就是你的财富,这很明显。
But that very few people that you do interact in a conversation with, you know, keep them in your back pocket because your network is your net worth, obviously.
我建议你把信用卡当借记卡用。
I would say use your credit card like your debit card.
我一直大力倡导这一点。
I've been a big, you know, proponent of that.
每投入20美分就赚一美元,这是个不错的投资。
Invest every 20¢ to the dollar is a good one.
要是早点知道这一点就好了,因为我以前总是不停地花钱。
I wish I knew that a long time ago because I was always just spend, spend, spend.
但我会真的摇醒自己,告诉自己:直接把钱投进市场吧。
But I would literally shake myself and be like, Just throw it into the market.
这并不重要。
It doesn't matter.
全部投入比特币。
Put it all in Bitcoin.
随便吧。
Whatever.
然后我会说,学一项高收入技能,因为如果你想靠它赚钱,就必须在市场中提供价值。
And then I would say learn a high income skill because you need to provide value in the marketplace if you wanna get paid for it.
所以我的技能显然是销售。
So mine was obviously sales.
但还有文案、科技、人工智能、内容创作。
But there's copywriting, tech, AI, content creation.
无论你的技能是什么,都要专注于它,做到顶尖,并为他人提供价值。
Whatever your skill is, just hone in on it and be the best of the best and try to provide other people value.
因为如果你成为不可替代的资产,你就永远不会被取代。
Because if become an irreplaceable asset, you'll never be replaced.
你知道吗?
You know?
最后一件事,要做和你周围所有人完全相反的事。
And then the last thing, do the complete opposite of what everybody else around you is doing.
如果你左右一看,大家都做同样的事,那就反其道而行之。
If you look left and right and everybody's doing the same thing, do the opposite.
如果你想得到不同的结果,就必须做不同的事才能获得不同的结果。
If you wanna have a different result, you need to do different things in order to have a different result.
而且还要在你所做的事情上做到最好。
And then also be the best at whatever you're doing.
所以,无论你是做咖啡师、服务员,还是老师,都要做到最好。
So whether you are working as a barista, whether you're a server, whether you're a teacher, be the best.
要为你的工作感到自豪,因为这是任何人都无法夺走的东西。
Like, take pride in your job because that's something that nobody can take away from you.
你现在所付出的努力和培养的技能,将来都会转化为你真正想从事的事业。
And a lot of that effort and skill set that you're getting right now is gonna translate to what you actually wanna do in the future.
你可能现在还看不到这一点。
You just might not see it right now.
这真是个很棒的清单。
That is a great list.
是的。
Yeah.
我非常喜欢这个清单。
I love that list.
我只是想起以前在咖啡店工作的日子。
I just like I remember, like, working at a coffee shop.
我曾经是一名咖啡师。
I was a barista.
那是我最早的工作之一。
Was one of my first jobs.
而且我是有史以来最棒的咖啡师。
And I was the best barista ever.
我主动接下每一个加班班次。
Like, I was picking up every extra shift.
我还顺便做DoorDash跑腿。
I was DoorDashing on the side.
我超爱赚钱。
Like, I loved making money.
我知道这并不是我永久的职业,因为我环顾四周,发现所有人都只是敷衍了事。
And I knew it wasn't my forever job because I would look left and right, and everybody was just showing up doing the bare minimum.
是的。
Yeah.
但我的意思是,也许他们更聪明,因为我们的工资是一样的。
But, I mean, maybe they were smarter because we were getting paid the same amount.
但我认为那种心态——你知道自己是个明星——是很好的。
But I think that sort of mentality where it's like, you know you're a star.
你知道你现在的工作可能只是个跳板,但这没关系,因为你现在拥有的技能和工作态度,终将为你一生带来回报。
You know the job that you're in right now might just be a stepping stone, it's okay, though, because the skill sets and the work ethic that you have right now are going to pay you dividends throughout your whole life.
所以,也许你和那些只是来应付差事的人拿一样的工资,但工作态度是永远无法被剥夺的。
So maybe you're getting paid the same amount as someone that's just showing up right now, but it's the work ethic that can never be taken away.
是的。
Yeah.
你让我想起一个叫马克尔·华盛顿的TikToker,不知道你有没有看过。
You're reminding me of I don't know if you ever seen this TikToker called Markel Washington.
没有。
No.
他以前在赛百味工作,会一边给顾客做三明治一边唱歌,听起来挺可爱的。
So he used to work in Subway and he would sing to the customers as he would make their Subway sound like How cute.
而且人们
And people
很喜欢。
loved it.
是的。
Yeah.
他就这样被发现了。
And that's how he got discovered.
有人拍下了他,上传到TikTok,获得了数百万次观看,现在他有了大量粉丝,已经离开了麦当劳。
Someone filmed him, put it up on TikTok, got millions of views and now he has all these followers, now he's left Subway over.
没错。
Exactly.
他呢,你知道的,我完全同意你的看法。
He's, you know, it's, I couldn't agree with you more.
我总是觉得,如果你能找到办法,哪怕是你讨厌的工作,也能让它变得有吸引力、有趣,并充满热情
I always think if you can find a way to even make the job you hate attractive, fun and be passionate about
它,
it,
这是一种非常重要的生活技能,能改变一切。
it's just a great skill in life and it transforms everything.
你提到过打造高收入技能、高价值技能,我真希望大学里能多讨论这个。
You talked about building high income skills, high value which I wish was talked about in college.
我真希望学校更早地讲到这个。
I wish it was talked about earlier in school.
我觉得这完全被忽略了,因为你们通常被教导要稍微擅长这个,稍微擅长那个,稍微擅长别的。
I feel like it's completely missed because you kind of get taught or at least
我并没有,它应该是
I didn't It be a
就是,要稍微擅长这个,稍微擅长那个,稍微擅长别的。
was like, kind of be good at this, kind of be good at this, kind of be good at that.
从来没有人告诉你:嘿,选一个方向,然后做到极致,并且选择一个这个世界真正会重视的领域。
No one ever tells you like, hey, pick something and become incredible at it and pick something that the world's actually going to value.
既然我们都已经离开了学校,上了大学之后,你究竟该如何建立一项高收入或高价值的技能呢?
How do you, now that we've all left school, we're post college, how do you actually build a high income or high value skill?
这个过程是什么样的?
What does the process look like?
社交媒体上有大量免费的内容。
Well, there's so much free content on social media.
我们实际上生活在一个时代,有无数个YouTube视频。
Like, we literally live in an age where, you know, there's multiple YouTube videos.
我刚刚拍了一个六小时的YouTube视频,详细讲解了销售流程的每一个环节。
I literally just filmed a six hour YouTube video going over every single part of the sales process.
如果你想要学习,我们现在生活在一个可以随时学习的时代。
Like, if you want to learn, we now live in an age where you can learn.
你只需要做别人不愿意做的事:坐下来学习、做笔记,并自己练习。
You just have to do the thing that nobody's willing to do, which is sit down and learn and take notes and practice with yourself.
联系一些公司,获取一些经验,就这样一步步往上爬。
Reach out to companies, you know, get some experience and climb the ladder just like that.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
但我会说,完全免费地从社交媒体上学习。
But so I would say learn from social media completely free.
现在有太多导师愿意教你任何东西。
So many mentors right now will teach you anything.
第二步是练习。
And then step number two is practice.
说到练习,我们每个人心里都有一个理想的工作。
And so when it comes to practicing, obviously, we all have a dream job in our head.
你知道的吗?
You know?
我真希望能为这个人销售产品。
Oh, I would love to sell for this person.
我真希望能加入这个人的销售团队。
I would love to be on this person's sales team.
但在最初阶段,你可能需要一些数据。
But in the very beginning, you might need some data.
你可能需要一些经验。
You might need some experience.
所以我建议大家,是的,把你的梦想工作留在脑海里,但更重要的是,现在就通过优秀的潜在客户质量和一个良好的系统来积累你的数据和经验。
So I would challenge people to, yeah, keep that dream job in your head, but more so like build your data, build your experience right now with amazing lead quality with, you know, just a good system.
这样,当你真正去争取那份梦想工作时,你就有了可以展示的资本。
That way you can have something in your back pocket when you do go to pitch yourself for that dream job.
是的,完全同意。
Yeah, absolutely.
我非常赞同你的观点。
I can agree with you more.
我觉得现在网上有太多免费的内容了。
I feel like there's so much free content out there.
但问题在于,我们往往只看三十秒的短视频。
But it's so hard because I think we look at like thirty seconds of a reel.
当然。
For sure.
很多事就是坐下来花上几个小时。
And a lot of this is sitting down for a few hours.
我记得刚开始学社交媒体的时候,每个周六周日早上都要花三小时,连续几周不停地学习,一学就是好几个小时,每周额外投入三到六小时,还要兼顾全职工作。
Like I remember when I was first learning social media, I was spending three hours every Saturday and Sunday morning, just studying, like for hours and hours and hours for weeks on end, three hours, six hours a week on top of my day job.
我觉得如果我没有那样做,就不会像现在这样理解社交媒体。
And I feel like if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have understood social media the way I did.
后来,这变成了每天下班后的事。
And eventually it became every day after work.
当时我有一份全职工作,下班后我每天要花五个小时,有时甚至学到凌晨两三点,只为学习和钻研,第二天还要回去上班。
I had full time job at the time, It became five hours a day after work, sometimes up until two, 3AM just trying to learn and study only to go back to work next day.
我觉得这真的很有道理,而且所有资源都摆在那儿。
I think there's so much truth to that and it is all out there.
你认为有销售能力的人和没有销售能力的人之间最大的区别是什么?
What do you find is the biggest difference between people who have sales skills and people who don't?
心态。
Mindset.
你能给负面情况赋予背景,从而在自己的脑海中将其转化为正面的东西。
It's your ability to give context to a negative in order to turn it into a positive in your own brain.
我这话是什么意思?
What do I mean by that?
在销售中,销售人员会培养出一种让他们出色的能力,比如有人当着你的面摔门或挂断电话。
So in sales, salespeople develop this skill set that makes them great, which is somebody slams the door in your face or hangs up on you.
你会告诉自己,也许她今天早上被警察拦下了,心情不好。
And you kinda tell yourself, you're like, maybe she just got pulled over this morning, and she's in a bad mood.
也许他刚收到离婚传票。
Maybe he just got served divorce papers.
总之,这不关我的事。
Anyways, not my problem.
我要去找下一个人了。
I'm going to the next person.
即使这些事情很可能并不真实,但你几乎可以说是有点精神异常,因为你必须某种程度上精神错乱,才能给自己编点小谎言,来为被拒绝找理由。
Even though that stuff probably isn't true, you're almost I call it being a psycho because you literally have to be some sort of level of psychotic in order to feed yourself a little bit of lies to give context around rejection.
这样你就能轻松一点面对它。
That way you can take it a little bit easier.
因为这并不是他们拒绝你,而是拒绝了那个时间点,或者你所推销的东西。
Because it's like they're not rejecting you, they're rejecting, you know, the time or what you're actually selling.
但关键在于你能够对自己玩心理游戏,告诉自己:也许他们只是今天心情不好。
But it's your ability to really just play mind games with yourself of saying, hey, maybe they just had a bad day.
不管怎样,我会继续去找下一个人,因为总有人愿意和我交谈。
Anyways, I'm moving on to the next person because there is someone who wants to talk to me.
即使前面十个人都拒绝了你,你仍然必须在每一次对话中都期待着肯定的回答。
Even though the last 10 people might have told you no, you still have to walk into every conversation expecting that yes.
所以,你在销售中培养的这种能力,会渗透到生活的方方面面——恋爱、友谊,甚至你与自己的对话方式。
So that level of skill set that you get from sales, it trickles into everything, into dating, into like friendships, into the way that you talk to yourself.
能够应对拒绝,将让你在人生中获得一切。
Being able to handle rejection will get you anything in life.
让我感到有趣的是,你需要这种能力才能获得晋升。
What's fascinating to me is how you need it to get promoted.
当然。
For sure.
你需要它来说服,就像你所说的,甚至可能让伴侣明白他们是否愿意承诺。
You need it to convince, like you said, potentially even a partner to know whether they're committing or not committing.
当然,如果你从事销售工作,让我们来详细聊聊销售流程,给那些像谢莉一样需要这些建议的人——我现在就需要你所卖的一切。
You need it of course, if you run a sales job, let's walk through the sales process for people who are like, Shelby, I need this advice, I need everything you're selling right now.
是的,当然。
Yeah, for sure.
因为我需要彻底改变我的人生。
Because I need to transform my life.
第一步是什么?
What's the first step?
销售作为一种技能,如果你想现在就了解一个六十秒的销售速成课,那就是这样。
So sales as a skill set, if you want to learn like sixty second sales masterclass right now, here it is.
所以你首先需要做的,是建立主导权并缓解紧张气氛。
So the first thing that you need to do is to establish frame and ease tension.
因为每次你走近一个人时,他们的销售抵触情绪都很高。
Because anytime you walk up to a person, their sales resistance is high.
他们心里想:你是谁?
They're like, who are you?
你为什么来这里?
Why are you here?
你为什么给我打电话?
Why are you calling me?
我感觉有点怪怪的。
I feel a little weird.
所以一句简单的赞美作用很大,但同时也要直奔主题。
So a quick little compliment goes a long way, but also just getting straight to the point.
人们总是试图建立虚假的亲近感,一开始就想当朋友,但这反而显得很假,因为他们知道你来这里是为什么。
People try building so much fake rapport and trying to be a friend at first when it just comes off a little fake because they know why you're here.
你是在试图向他们推销。
You're trying to sell them.
所以,一个简单的小小赞美,然后直接切入正题。
So quick little compliment, something super easy, and then just getting straight to the point.
嘿。
Hey.
我很忙。
I'm busy.
我也很在意你的时间。
I wanna be, you know, very tentative of your time as well.
我们直接开始可以吗?
Is it cool if we just kinda jump right in?
开始销售流程。
Start the sales process.
很简单。
Easy.
然后我们进入以问题为导向的销售。
Then we get into question based selling.
所以每个人都以为你一上来就开始推销。
So everybody thinks that you just start selling.
是的。
Yeah.
你甚至都不清楚自己要面对的是什么
You don't even know what you're
情况。
going into yet.
所以基于问题的销售就是弄清楚对方的筹码,找出他们的痛点。
So question based selling is, you know, figuring out what somebody's leverage is, figuring out those pain points.
比如,是什么让你预约了这次通话?
So, like, what made you book a call?
你正在经历什么?
What are you going through?
跟我讲讲你的一天。
Take me through your day.
是什么让你想要弄清楚这件事?
What made you wanna figure something out?
然后你会收集一点点数据。
Then you will gather a little bit of data.
我称之为收集弹药,放在口袋里,留着以后用来推销。
I call it gathering ammo that you're gonna kinda put in your back pocket in order to sell on later.
所以,一旦你从这个人那里了解到这些痛点,这就是你的问题,接着你再提出解决方案,也就是你正在销售的东西。
So once you get these pain points from this person, that's your problem, then you go into the solution, which is obviously what you are selling.
而且你必须非常谨慎,因为你销售的东西对每个人都不一样。
And it's very you have to be very careful because what you are selling is different to every sort of person.
所以你要把这些具体的杠杆点,与只解决这些杠杆点的特定解决方案匹配起来。
So you take these specific leverage points and you plug and play with specific solutions that only solve these leverage points.
别的都不用。
Nothing else.
保持极度简单。
Keep it super simple.
然后你提出价格。
And then you pitch the price.
非常简单。
Very simple.
当你提出价格时,最初促成交易时,关键在于你的能量。
And when you pitch price, when you initially close someone, it's all about your energy.
如果你几乎在预期对方会反对或拒绝,这种情绪会体现在你的语气中,对方就会真的提出异议或拒绝你。
If you are almost anticipating an objection or anticipating a no, it's gonna come off in your energy and someone's going to give you an objection or tell you no.
就像星巴克收银员的比喻。
You know, the metaphor of the Starbucks cashier.
当你去星巴克点单,比如中杯香草冰拿铁,或者大杯香草冰拿铁,走到窗口时。
So when you go up to Starbucks and you're ordering your, like, medium vanilla iced latte or, I guess, grande vanilla iced latte, you go up to the window.
收银员会做什么?
What does the cashier rep do?
他把Apple Pay设备举到你面前,然后说:好的。
He holds the Apple Pay thing in front of you, and he's like, okay.
太棒了。
Awesome.
总共是7美元。
It's gonna be $7.
他转过身去忙别的事了。
And he's, like, turning around doing something else.
没有选择。
No option.
没有任何奇怪的氛围。
No, like, weird vibes.
他就只是说:拿去。
He's just like, here.
这就是价格。
This is how much it is.
好的。
Okay.
太棒了。
Awesome.
你几乎手忙脚乱地找信用卡。
And you're almost, like, scrambling around for your credit card.
你心想,哦,抱歉。
You're like, oh, sorry.
我本该提前拿出来。
I should have had that out.
给你。
Here you go.
当你报价和促成交易时,你需要这种态度:嘿。
That's the energy that you need when you pitch price and when you close people is, hey.
你遇到了这些问题。
You have these problems.
这是清晰的行动计划、明确的解决方案,以及帮你达成目标所需的费用。
Here's a clear game plan, a clear solution, and here's how much it's gonna take in order to get you there.
很简单。
Like, it's very simple.
就是问题和解决方案。
It's problem solution.
然后我认为很多人忘记做的是巩固成交。
And then I think what a lot of people forget to do is to solidify the sale.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
你知道的。
You know?
因为很多人会,你知道的,刷完信用卡后直接进入填表环节,或者像机器人一样做事,不再与对方建立联系。
Because a lot of people will, you know, process a credit card and then just go straight to, you know, filling out paperwork or just acting like a robot and they stop actually connecting with this person.
与此同时,在你刷完对方的信用卡、完成初步成交、对方答应之后,你还需要进一步与对方建立联系。
Meanwhile, after you, like, run somebody's credit card and after the initial close and they say yes, now you need to even further connect with people.
所以我有个小技巧,就是可以积极地展望未来,比如:‘我真期待你开始使用。’
So a little trick I have is you can positively future pace someone, which is I'm so excited for you to get started.
很多人在达到第一个月十万业绩,或者减掉前四磅体重时,都会给我发短信,不管你卖的是什么。
A lot of people like to text me when they hit their first ten k months or when they lose their first four pounds or whatever you're selling.
你介意让我了解这个转变的过程吗?
Would you mind keeping me in the loop for that transformation?
我真的希望能参与你的旅程。
Like, I would love to be a part of your journey.
现在,有人不仅在想象自己顺利完成整个过程、实现转变,还把你视为一个更有责任感的教练,而不仅仅是一个销售代表。
Now somebody's, like, envisioning themselves not only following through with the process, achieving the transformation, but also they see you as more of like an accountability coach rather than just the frame of a sales rep.
是的。
Yeah.
这实际上也激励了他们。
It actually motivates them too.
当然。
For sure.
因为他们会想,哦,既然我已经承诺了,我确实可以做出改变。
Because they're like, oh, now that I've committed to this, I could actually make that change.
而且我已经真正投入到实现这一目标的过程中了。
And I've actually committed to the process that makes that happen.
你好。
Hey there.
我是医生。
This is Doctor.
杰西·米尔斯博士,加州大学洛杉矶分校健康中心男性诊所主任,也是《邮局播客》的主持人。
Jesse Mills, Director of the Men's Clinic at UCLA Health and host of the Mailroom Podcast.
每年一月,各地的男性都会立下同样的新年决心。
Each January, guys everywhere make the same resolutions.
变得更强壮,更努力工作,修复那些破损的东西。
Get stronger, work harder, fix what's broken.
但如果真正的工作根本不是身体上的呢?
But what if the real work isn't physical at all?
为了迎接新的一年,我与医生进行了交谈。
To kick off the new year, I sat down with Doctor.
史蒂夫·波尔特,一位拥有三十多年经验的心理学家,专门帮助男性剖析他们从未被教导去命名的羞耻、焦虑和情感痛苦。
Steve Poulter, a psychologist with over thirty years experience helping men unpack shame, anxiety, and emotional pain they were never taught to name.
在这场深入的两部分对话中,我们探讨了为什么男性并非情感上坚不可摧,为什么羞耻感往往藏在明处,以及真正的力量源于倾听自己和他人。
In a powerful powerful two part conversation, we discussed why men aren't emotionally bulletproof, why shame hides in plain sight, and how real strength comes from listening to yourself and to others.
那些有毒的男性,往往不成熟,或者内心有些未解决的问题。
Guys who are toxic, they're immature, or they've got something they just haven't resolved.
一旦这些问题得到解决,同理心和同情心就会随之而来。
Once that gets resolved, then there comes empathy and some compassion.
如果你希望今年不再硬撑着忍受痛苦,而是开始理解痛苦背后的根源,请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你常用的任何平台收听《Mailroom》节目。
If you want this to be the year you stop powering through pain and start understanding what's underneath, listen to The Mailroom on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your favorite shows.
新的一年并不意味着抹去过去的你。
A new year doesn't mean erasing who you were.
而是铭记你所经历的磨难,并选择你希望如何成长。
It means honoring what you've survived and choosing how you want to grow.
这意味着允许自己感受那些一直压抑的情绪,并明白寻求帮助是完全正常的。
It means giving ourselves permission to feel what we've been holding and knowing that it's okay to ask for help.
我是迈克·德拉罗查,《神圣课程》的主持人。
I'm Mike Della Rocha, host of Sacred Lessons.
这个播客为男性提供了一个开放讨论心理健康、悲伤、人际关系以及我们继承却不必重复的模式的空间。
This podcast is a space for men to talk openly about mental health, grief, relationships, and the patterns we inherit, but don't have to repeat.
在这里,我们放慢脚步,认真倾听,学习脆弱如何转化为力量,以及疗愈如何在社群中发生,而非孤立进行。
Here, we slow down, we listen, we learn how vulnerability becomes strength, and how healing happens in community, not in isolation.
如果你准备好放下不再服务于你的东西,以清晰、慈悲和目标感迎接新的一年,《神圣课程》将成为你疗愈之旅的伙伴。
If you're ready to let go of what no longer serves you and step into the year with clarity, compassion, and purpose, Sacred Lessons is your companion on your healing journey.
在全美排名第一的播客平台iHeart上收听迈克·德拉罗查的《神圣课程》。
Listen to Sacred Lessons with Mike Della Roccia on America's number one podcast network, iHeart.
关注《神圣》
Follow Sacred
当新闻头条无法解释你内心正在发生什么时,你会怎么做?
What do you do when the headlines don't explain what's happening inside of you?
我是本·希金斯,如果你能听到我,那就是文化与灵魂交汇之处,一个进行真实对话的空间。
I'm Ben Higgins, and if you can hear me is where culture meets the soul, a place for real conversation.
每期节目,我都会与来自各行各业的人交谈,包括名人、思想家和平凡普通人。
Each episode, I sit down with people from all walks of life, celebrities, thinkers, and everyday folks.
我们会深入探讨那些经过修饰的故事背后。
And we go deeper than the polished story.
我们会谈论是什么驱动着我们、塑造着我们,以及什么给予我们希望。
We talk about what drives us, what shapes us and what gives us hope.
我们会坦诚面对那些重要的议题:当你不再认识自己时的身份认同、改变你的失去、当成功不再足够时的意义、当思绪无法平静时的安宁、当信仰变得复杂时的信念。
We get honest about the big stuff, identity when you don't recognize yourself anymore, loss that changes you, purpose when success isn't enough, peace when your mind won't slow down, faith when it's complicated.
有些嘉宾有答案。
Some guests have answers.
但大多数仍在摸索中。
Most are still figuring it out.
如果你曾觉得故事背后一定还有更多,那么这个节目就是为你而做的。
If you've ever felt like there has to be more to the story, this show is for you.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《If You Can Hear Me》。
Listen to If You Can Hear Me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
有趣的是,我们一直在被精准地推销。
What's fascinating is that we're constantly being sold to Exactly.
但我们却不会惊呼‘天哪’。
But we don't out of Oh my gosh.
你买的一切都被推销过,我觉得无论是你穿的衣服、喝的咖啡、去的咖啡店、使用的笔记本电脑、随身携带的手机,我们始终在被推销,可我们却觉得销售很可怕。
Everything you buy has been sold to you and I feel like whether it's the clothes that you're wearing, the coffee you drink, the coffee shop you go to, the laptop that you use, the phone that you carry like we're constantly being sold to but we find sales so scary.
嗯。
Mhmm.
对吧?
Does that right?
你不会吧。
Do you No.
当然了。
For sure.
我的意思是,就连你在社交媒体上看的视频,也有人在向你推销:为什么他们值得你花时间,而不是你本可以划走的其他内容创作者。
I mean, even the videos that you watch on social media, somebody's selling you on why they are worth your time out of every other content creator that you could swipe to.
每当你点击关注按钮时,就有人成功向你推销了为什么他们应该每天出现在你的信息流里。
Whenever you hit the follow button, somebody sold you on why they should be on your for you page every day.
我昨天去了一家日光浴沙龙。
Like, I went to the tanning salon yesterday.
再普通不过的事情了。
The most menial thing ever.
就只是一个简单的日光浴沙龙。
Just a simple tanning salon.
他向我推销了一套200美元的晒黑套餐,而我根本不住在这里。
He sold me on a $200 tan package, and I don't even live here.
但我特别喜欢他的销售方式,也喜欢支持其他的销售代表。
But I just loved his sales process and I love supporting other sales reps.
当你学会销售之后,看待生活的方式就会完全不一样。
Like, when you learn sales, you just see life in a completely different way.
是的。
Yeah.
当你被推销时,你甚至会心生感激。
Where when you get sold to, you almost appreciate it.
我完全同意。
I fully agree
你
that you
尊重这种推销。
respect it.
我喜欢被推销。
I love being sold to.
我也是。
Me too.
我喜欢被推销,因为当有人推销时,我也知道什么时候不奏效。
I love being sold to like if someone's because I also know when it's not working.
没错。
Right.
有一些商店,我一进去就准备好要买了。
Oh There are shops that I'll go into where I'm like ready to buy.
对。
Right.
但体验不好,我就不会买了。
But then the experience is not great and then I won't buy.
还有一些商店,我本来觉得今天可能不打算花钱。
And then there are other shops where I'm like, oh, I'm not sure if I wanna spend any money today.
但有人特别用心地向我推销,我就觉得:哇,我喜欢这样。
And someone's really trying to sell to me and I'm like, oh, I love this.
当然。
For sure.
他们真的非常擅长自己的工作。
Like they're really great at what they do.
我尊重这种能力。
I respect it.
是的
Yeah.
销售的关键在于让对方感到自己很重要,并且被倾听。
Sales is all about like, you know, making someone feel important and listened to.
这就是为什么女性在销售方面如此出色,因为女性一整天都在做什么?
And that's why women are so good at sales is because women all day, what do we do?
我们给朋友打电话。
We call our friends.
我们和朋友聊天。
We talk to our friends.
我们鼓励朋友。
We hype our friends up.
这其实就是销售。
That's literally sales.
销售就是激励人们,让他们相信,只要获得相应的工具,他们就能实现自我蜕变。
Sales is hyping people up into, you know, pushing them into this higher version of themselves and making them really believe that they can achieve a transformation if they're given the tools to do so.
这就是销售。
That's sales.
你正在做的就是这个。
That's what you're doing.
是的。
Yeah.
当你学会销售时,生活就会焕然一新。
It's a whole new life when you learn how to sell.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你这辈子被推销得最好的东西是什么?
What's the what's the best thing you've ever been sold?
我的粉色G级越野车。
My pink G Wagon.
好的。
Okay.
是谁卖给你的是怎么卖的?
How did who sold it to you?
这个过程是怎么进行的?
How did that process work?
所以我当时是躺平接受的。
So I was kind of a lay down for it.
我不骗你。
I'm not gonna lie.
但我看过关于它的视频。
But I saw videos on it.
是个女孩,社交媒体上的汽车销售代表。
It was this girl, car sales rep on social media.
她一直在发关于它的视频。
She's making videos of it.
我经常被标记在这些帖子里。
I get tagged in it a ton of times.
我会点进去看。
I click on it.
我想,哇,这车真酷,但我现在其实并不需要买新车。
I'm like, oh, that's a cool car, but, like, I don't really need a new car right now.
我当时正在亚利桑那州开车,那是我的家乡。
I'm driving in Arizona, which is where I'm from.
我往右边一看,那车就停在橱窗里。
I look to my right, and it's in the freaking window.
我想,天哪,这么多地方,全美国居然只有一辆这样的车,偏偏就在那儿?
And I'm like, out of all places, this there's only one car that existed in the whole United States.
这车怎么会在亚利桑那?
I'm like, it's in Arizona?
那堪萨斯又是怎么回事?
Like, what are the Kansas?
于是我走进去,汽车销售员喊了一声:‘谢尔比。’
So I go in there and the car sales rep, she shouts Shelby.
她接着说:‘谢尔比,我参加过你那么多大师课。’
She's like, Shelby, I've been to
你上的大师课我参加过好多次。
so many of your master classes.
我超喜欢你。
I love you.
我关注你的一切。
I follow you
我在所有平台上都关注你。
on everything.
我觉得那种最初的连接和默契很重要。
Like and I think that initial connection and rapport.
当她向我展示这辆车时,当然,她让我试驾了。
And then when she was showing me the vehicle, obviously, she let me test drive it.
但她还告诉我,你可以用这个来做内容。
But she was also, you know, telling me like, you could use this for content.
这辆车简直就是为你量身定做的。
This car has your name written all over it.
然后她真诚地促成交易,把焦点从客户身上转移到产品上。
And then she sincere closed me, which was turning the no away from the client to the product.
她让我不得不对她拒绝,而我却做不到。
And she made me have to say no to her, which I couldn't.
所以真诚促成法就是,我知道你迟早会买一辆车。
So the sincere close is just like, I know you're gonna buy a car at some point.
我总会把车卖出去,如果不是你,也会是别人,但我希望是你,我想成为帮你实现梦想座驾的人。
I'm gonna sell this to someone, if it's not you it's someone else but I want you to have it and I wanna be the one to help you get this dream car.
哇哦。
Wow.
你们现在还是朋友吗?
Are you still friends with her?
哦是的,她太棒了。
Oh yeah, she's awesome.
对。
Yeah,
她很棒。
she's great.
是的,这太棒了。
Yeah, that's amazing.
是的,而且你对你的购车体验很满意,这很重要。
Yeah, and it's, and obviously you're happy with your purchase which For makes sure.
我觉得关键在于,当你觉得没有获得应有的价值时,你会想,等等,我之前去过一些高端汽车销售点,他们试图推销你一些豪华车,但有些地方确实用了我读到过的那种技巧。
It I think that's the part, it's like when you're not happy with the value that you received, you're like, oh wait a minute, was, and you know, I've been to some fancy car spots trying to sell you some fancy cars and they're not, some of them, there's the technique that I read about.
跟我聊聊这个吧,因为我在网上看到过,自己也经历过几次。
Talk to me about this because I saw this on social media and I've experienced it a few times.
好的。
Okay.
这些高档店铺试图让你觉得自己低人一等,没错。
Where these fancy places try and make you feel less than so that Yes.
我不喜欢这样,因为感觉很不舒服。
You I don't like that because it feels uncomfortable.
对,这确实是一种真实的现象。
Right, so it is a real phenomenon.
所以我称之为路易威登销售技巧。
So I call it the Louis Vuitton sales technique.
这并不专属于路易威登,只是我随便取的名字。
It's not specific to Louis Vuitton, but it was just a name I picked on.
但确实如此。
But yeah.
首先,他们雇佣有吸引力的销售人员。
So they one, they hire attractive sales reps.
其次,他们培训这些有吸引力的销售人员在你进店时对你表现得有点冷淡。
And two, they train those attractive sales reps to be a little bit dismissive to you when you're in the store.
这确实是一种真实的现象。
And this is a true thing.
因为作为顾客,当你走进店里,如果没人热情地迎上来,反而会问:‘你来这儿干嘛?’
Because as a client, when you walk in and somebody's not all over you, hey, what are you in here for?
你想要什么?
What do you want?
巴拉巴拉的。
Blah blah blah.
你看到这件夹克了吗?
Did you see this jacket?
你几乎会觉得,自己好像在努力争取销售员的时间,因为你想要证明自己配得上待在这个店里。
You almost feel a little bit like you're trying to earn a sales rep's time because you wanna prove that you belong in the store.
那么他们到底在做什么?
And so what are they doing?
嗯,这其实挺聪明的,尽管我会说这有点儿操纵性。
Well, it's actually pretty smart even though I would say that's slightly manipulative.
但SMART的做法是,他们知道自己的品牌有分量。
But what they're doing at SMART is they know their brand has weight.
因此他们清楚品牌所带来的那种感觉——高端、精致、卓尔不群。
And so they know kind of the feeling that they have with the brand and that they are so, you know, up there and sophisticated.
所以他们让你自己认定,你配得上拥有这个品牌。
So they make you assign yourself to feel like you deserve to be with the brand.
他们是怎么做到的呢?
How do they do that?
通过购买一个包。
By buying a bag.
是的。
Yeah.
所以当你终于有销售顾问主动走近你时,你几乎会想:嘿,我跟你说,我有钱。
So you almost feel like, you know, when a sales rep does come up to you, oh, I'm I promise you I have money.
我是真的会买的人。
Like, I am a buyer.
然后让你想买更多的东西。
And then makes you wanna buy more things.
是的。
Yeah.
很悲哀的是,我们竟然会上当,对吧?
And it's sad that we fall for that, right?
当然,很多人都会这样想。
Think a For lot of sure.
如果你了解销售,你会说人们会更理性地花钱吗?
Would you say that people will actually spend more mindfully if they understood sales?
百分之百。
100%.
跟我谈谈这个。
Talk to me about that.
当你了解销售时,你就能理解销售代表的立场。
So when you learn sales, you understand the sales rep's perspective.
所以你会更清楚地意识到他们所使用的技巧。
So you're a little bit more cognizant of the techniques that they're using.
因此,如果你真的需要某样东西,而销售代表非常出色,他会让你想买更多东西,因为你心想:好吧。
And so if it's something you actually want and the sales rep's amazing, makes you wanna buy more stuff because you're like, okay.
我尊重这个游戏。
I respect the game.
我欣赏这一点,而且我确实想要这个。
I appreciate it, and I do want this.
那就干吧。
Let's do it.
但当你并不真正需要某样东西,或者你虽然想要,但销售代表对你无礼或试图让你觉得自己低人一等时,你就明白了他们的策略和推销方式。
But when it's something that you don't really want or maybe it's something you do want, but a sales rep is being rude to you or trying to make you feel less than, you understand the tactics and the way that they're approaching the sale.
然后你会想:为什么要这么做呢?
And you're like, why would you do that?
你知道的。
You know?
我确实想要这个。
I I wanted this.
我是个买家。
I am a buyer.
但你这种轻视的态度,或者过于急切地推销,让我感到反感。
But the way that you're being dismissive or the way that you're just trying too hard turns me off.
所以销售本质上就是推和拉的艺术。
And so sales is all about, like, push and pull.
当销售人员过于强硬,或使用那些令人尴尬、咄咄逼人的话术时,买家的大脑会直接关闭。
And so a buyer's brain will literally turn off when you try to sell too hard or when you try to use these cringey, pushy, aggressive tactics.
因为在他们看来,如果你必须这么努力地推销,那说明你卖的东西其实没那么有价值——否则干嘛非得这么拼命?
Because in their brain, it's like, if you have to try so hard, obviously, what I'm getting sold is not that valuable because why would you have to try so hard?
事实上,‘拉’的方式反而更有效,也就是销售人员适当退后一步,说:‘我不确定你现在是不是真的需要这个。’
So in fact, the pull method actually works a little bit better, which is when sales reps kind of take a step back and they're like, well, I mean, I don't know if you need this right now.
告诉我你正在经历什么,我们一起看看怎么解决。
Like, tell me about what you're going through and we can kind of figure it out together.
是的
Yeah.
你认为自信来自哪里?
Where do you think confidence comes from?
你真的很自信。
You're so confident.
谈谈这种能够随时切换状态的想法,就像能随时开关一样。
Talk about this idea of being able to turn it on, like, you know, just switch on.
人们如何才能获得这种状态?
How do people access that?
因为我觉得今天很多人感觉自己是缩小版的自己。
Because I think so many people today feel like a smaller version of themselves.
我们会退缩,会害羞,会害怕。
We shrink, we get shy, we get scared.
就像你刚才说的,在你要说出价格的时候,你会犹豫,因为你害怕。你确实相信这个产品,也关心你所做的事情,但你也在乎对方的感受。
Like you said, just before you're about to say the amount you kind of hesitate because you're scared And about it's not you do believe in the product, you do care about what you're doing, but you also kind of care about the other person.
这种自信从何而来?
Where does that confidence come from?
每个人都认为你先有自信,然后才会做大事。
Everybody thinks that you have confidence and then you do big things.
但实际上恰恰相反,你是先做大事。
When it's flip flopped, you do big things.
你把自己暴露出来。
You put yourself out there.
你感到害怕。
You're scared.
然后你才建立起自信。
And then you build confidence.
就像我现在看起来像个非常自信的女孩,诸如此类的一切。
Like, know I look like this girl that's super confident, all these things, whatever.
但当我刚开始的时候,实际情况恰恰完全相反。
But when I first started, that was literally so opposite from the case.
我当时焦虑得根本不敢和人说话。
Like, I had so much anxiety I could not talk to people.
或者有人问我,你今天过得怎么样?
Or someone would ask me, you know, how's your day going?
我会结巴,然后花接下来五到七个工作日去琢磨这个问题。
And I would stutter and think about it for the next, like, five to seven business days.
我真的特别讨厌这样。
Like, I literally hated it.
我当时特别不自信,也没做过什么大事,自然没什么可自信的。
I was just insecure, and I didn't do enough big things in order to have something to be confident about.
所以有人告诉我,做销售能让你变得自信。
So someone told me, you know, sales will make you confident.
于是我进入了销售行业。
I got into sales.
我 literally 面对过无数次被当面关门的经历。
I got literally doors slammed in my face.
警察被叫来,社区巡逻队,诸如此类的事情都发生过。
Cops called on me, the neighborhood watch, like, name it.
但经历过这些所谓的艰难时刻,并最终挺过来,不仅有了可观的经济回报,也获得了自信——这些经历就是有力的证据,让我能说:我值得自信,因为我做到了这些、这些和这些。
But going through experiences like that and going through what I call the suck and coming out on the other side, you know, with monetary things to show, but also confidence, that kind of data points, those kinds of data points that you have where you can say, I deserve to be confident because I did this, this, and this.
我值得自信,因为我连续被拒绝了十次,第十一次却得到了同意。
I deserve to be confident because I got told no 10 times in a row and the eleventh said yes.
现在我比以前任何一个人更有信心,如果别人拒绝我,那没关系,我会去找下一个愿意说‘是’的人。
Now I'm more confident that every other person I talk to, if they say no, that's fine, I'm gonna go get somebody else to say yes.
是的,就是做困难的事情。
Yeah, it's doing hard things.
当然。
For sure.
对,完全正确。
Yeah, absolutely.
我完全同意。
I couldn't agree more.
每个人总是以为你心里先有了自信,然后才采取行动,但事实完全相反,你说得对。
Everyone always thinks you somehow feel confident in your mind and then you take action and it's completely the opposite way around, you're spot on.
先采取行动,做那些让你不舒服的事、困难的事、大事、可怕的事,然后信心就会突然降临到你身上。
It's take action, do uncomfortable things, do hard things, do big things, do scary things and then all of a sudden confidence comes to you.
对。
Right.
因为你有证据,有证明。
And because you have evidence, you have proof.
没错,对。
Exactly, Right,
你有一份清单,上面写着:嘿,我做了这些事,这并不是外在的成就,而是你把自己置于那种境地——无论是被拒绝十次、搬出家门、去尝试从未做过的工作、走出舒适区,所有这些都在积累自信。
you have a list of things that like, hey, I did all these things and it's not the external achievement, it's the fact that you put yourself in that position whether it was getting rejected 10 times, moving out your house, going out there and taking on a job you never did, being out of your comfort zone, like all of that builds confidence.
但当你看到有人坐在那里说,谢尔比,我想在销售上做得更好,我懂,但就是不知道该怎么开始。
But you know when someone's sitting there and going like, Shelby, I wanna be better at sales, I get you but like, I just don't know how to start.
你会对那个说‘我不知道该怎么开始’的人说什么?
What would you say to that person who says, I don't know how to start?
我会说,你其实不必知道。
I would say you don't have to.
你不必知道该怎么开始。
You don't have to know how to start.
你只需要去做。
You just have to do it.
而所谓去做,意思是你要尽可能多地学习一切。
And by do it, I mean, you need to learn everything that you possibly can.
而且,这很棒。
And, again, good for you.
所有内容都在社交媒体上。
It's all on social media.
就在你的手机里。
It's right on your phone.
但第二点是,开始行动,并且知道你一开始会很烂。
But then number two is start and know that you're gonna suck.
说白了,自信的一半就在于知道一开始肯定会表现得很差。
Like, half of confidence is knowing that it's going to suck in the beginning.
你需要明白自己一定会被拒绝。
And you need to know that you are going to get rejected.
你会搞砸的。
You're gonna mess up.
但转折点在于,如果你坚持足够久,积累足够多的实践,这才是建立真正自信的方式。
But plot twist is if you do that enough time and if you get enough reps in, that's how you build true confidence.
所以这并不是单纯的‘假装直到你成功’,但某种程度上确实是这样。
So it's not the whole fake it till you make it, but I mean, kind of.
你必须相信自己就是最棒的。
It's like you have to believe you are the best.
然后,就像你刚才说的,有了足够的数据支撑,当你回望自己的经历时,你才能真正、真正地确认自己就是最棒的。
And then with enough data, like you kind of just said, you can truly, truly know that you are the best when you can look back at your experience.
是的。
Yeah.
我们在社交媒体上发现了一些我们认为不错的问题。
We found some questions on social media that we think would be good.
所以我想听听你的看法。
So I wanna hear your take on this.
那些在财务上挣扎的人认为很明智,但实际上却让他们一直穷困的事情是什么?
What's something people struggling with money think is smart, but actually keeps them broke?
花钱参加社交活动。
Spending money on networking events.
跟我详细说说这个。
Talk to me about that.
我本该支持社交的。
I should be pro networking.
对吧?
Right?
不对。
No.
我对社交活动有一个非常有争议但具体的看法。
So I have a very kind of controversial but specific take on networking.
我认为,参加那些随机社交活动的大多数人——我说的是那些随意的鸡尾酒会、你所在城市里素不相识的人——
So I think, you know, majority of people that show up to random networking events, I'm talking the ones that are just random cocktail hours, random people in your city.
很多参加这些社交活动的人,只是因为自己没什么可提供的,才想找外部的人攀附。
A lot of the people that show up to those networking events are looking for people external to cling on to because they don't have anything to offer.
所以我希望你不要把所有精力都放在社交上,因为我以前也是这样。
So I want you, instead of to focus all of your energy on networking, because I used to be the same.
我能进哪些圈子?
What rooms can I get into?
谁能帮我解决这个问题?
Who can help me with this?
先看看你自己。
Like, look into yourself first.
先提升你的技能。
Build up your skill set first.
找到一种方式为他人提供真实价值,成为别人愿意与之建立联系的人。
Figure out a way to provide real value to other people and become someone that other people want to network with.
我一直是个渴望加入像你这样的人、我的商业伙伴,或者我现在正在参与的那些群聊的女孩。
Like, I was always the girl dying to be in group chats with people like you or people like my business partners or people like, you know, that I am currently in group chats with right now.
我特别想加入那些群聊。
I was dying to be in those.
但你需要找到一种方法,让自己成为别人渴望加入群聊的对象。
But you need to figure out a way to be someone that other people are dying to be in a group chat with.
所以,不要把太多精力花在如何结识这些人上,而是把精力投入到自己身上。
So instead of focusing too much on putting your energy out into how do I figure out these other people, put that energy into yourself.
当你真正拥有了一些成就,或者真正解决了别人的问题时,对的人自然会主动联系你。
And when you truly have, you know, something going for you or you truly solve people's problems, the right people will reach out to you.
因为值得结识的人,不会每天都在不同的鸡尾酒会上转悠,只是为了好玩而帮助别人。
Because people that are worth networking for don't spend every day at different cocktail hours just trying to help people for fun.
这不一样,但如果是带着明确目的去参加的特定社交活动,那就另当别论。
It's just not But that's different from specified networking, which is if you have a purpose of going to it.
你知道,如果你是一名房地产专业人士,去参加房地产活动,那就太棒了。
You know, if you're a real estate professional and you're going to a real estate event, amazing.
如果你是一个成交高手,去参加成交高手的活动,那就太棒了。
If you are a closer and you're going to a closer event, amazing.
一名生活教练去参加生活教练的活动,也很棒。
A life coach going to a life coach event, amazing.
但我认为一般的社交鸡尾酒会纯粹是浪费时间、金钱和精力,这些本该用在提升自己身上。
But I think the general networking cocktail hours are just a waste of time, money, and energy that you should be putting into yourself.
是的。
Yeah.
我喜欢这样的观点:你的声誉能为你先行,很多人误以为必须拥有一个大品牌才能做到这一点。
I love the idea that your reputation precedes you in the sense of, and I think people often get confused that you have to have some big brand for that.
我的朋友最近才开始他的内容创作者之路。
My friend started his content creator journey more recently.
他只有六千名粉丝,但他制作的视频内容质量极高,人们因为他的研究深度和沟通能力而主动向他人推荐他,他达到十万粉丝、百万级别乃至更多,只是时间问题。
He has like 6,000 followers but the video content he's creating is so high quality that people are introducing because him his level of research, his communication skills, it's only a matter of time before he gets to a 100,000 followers and million and whatever else it may be.
但现在我觉得人们常常认为,哦,是啊,谢尔比,我得有一百万粉丝,别人才会注意到我。
But right now I think people often think, oh yeah, but Shelby, I've got to have like a million followers for someone to notice me.
其实不是这样的,你可能只有五千、六千,甚至一万粉丝,但因为你创作的内容和沟通方式,人们会想到你,觉得你是那个第一时间浮现在脑海的造型师。
It's like, no, you could have 5,000 followers, 6,000, maybe 10,000, but because of the content you're creating and the way you're communicating, people will look at you and be like, oh, you're the stylist that comes front of mind.
你是那个第一时间浮现在脑海的教练。
You're the coach that comes front of mind.
你是那个第一时间浮现在脑海的汽车销售员。
You're the car sales person who comes front of mind.
你不需要有数百万粉丝,别人才会注意到你。
Like you don't have to have millions of followers for someone to notice you.
我认为这也是非常关键的一点。
And I think that's a really important part as well.
而且我认为还有一个很重要的点,你需要成为我们所说的‘模式打断者’。
And I think a big thing too, you need to be what we call the pattern interrupt.
在销售中,模式打断者指的是打破常规的人,因为99%的销售员说话方式都一模一样。
So in sales, a pattern interrupt means someone that breaks the pattern because 99% of salespeople sound the same.
如果你想得到和别的销售员不同的结果,那就得做点不一样的事。
Sound like So if you want a different result than every other salesperson that gets denied, you need to do something different.
也就是说,打破那些让人尴尬的销售话术套路。
So AKA break the pattern of the cringey sales rep pitches that people hear.
但在生活中,你也需要打破常规。
But in life, you need to break the pattern.
你必须与众不同,做与别人不同的事,才能脱颖而出。
You need to be different and do different things than everybody else in order to stand out.
就像你那个拍出最高质量视频的朋友,他肯定和那些只大量发布视频的人很不一样,对吧?
Like your friend who made, you know, the most high quality videos, he was probably a lot different than everybody else who's just putting mass amount of videos out there to where Absolutely.
有人注意到了。
Somebody recognized
是的。
Yeah.
他真的认真思考过。
He's really thought about it.
这非常具体。
It's very specific.
因此,那个特定细分领域的人们都在关注它,尽管他并没有
And so people in that specific niche are paying attention to it even though he's not got
因为他是个专家。
because he's an expert.
没错,没错。
Exactly, exactly.
他确实擅长他所
He's actually good at what he's
谈论的内容。
talking about.
确实如此。
It's absolutely it.
好的,那最大的问题是,这是另一个。
Okay, what's the biggest, this is another one.
好的。
Okay.
一个人年收入5万美元和一个人年收入50万美元之间,最大的心态差异是什么?
What's the biggest mindset difference between someone making $50,000 and someone making $500,000?
是一年还是一个月?
A year or a month?
那是个谢尔比式的问题,我们先从一年说起。
That's a Shelby Let's question right start with a year.
我完全同意。
I would say exactly that.
我认为,月入5万美元的人觉得自己已经站在了世界之巅,认为这就是人生的全部了。
I would say the $50,000 a month person thinks that they're on top of the world and that, you know, that's all there is to life.
而我认为,月入50万美元的人知道,自己的潜力是无限的。
And I think the $500,000 a month person knows that you're uncapped.
在这个世界上,你所能达到的成就没有上限。
There is no cap on what you can do in this world.
没有。
None.
我认为销售教会你的最重要的一点就是:你收获多少,取决于你努力多少。
And I think that's the biggest thing that sales teaches you is you eat what you kill.
没有底线。
There's no floor.
对吧?
Right?
但这也非常自由,因为没有上限。
But that's also so freeing because there's no ceiling.
真心话,如果你想赚更多钱,就去多接触人、多成交单子就行。
Genuinely, if you wanna make more money, you just talk to more people and close more deals.
这应该让你感到兴奋。
Like, that should excite you.
这应该让你惊呼:天啊。
That should be like, oh my gosh.
世界上有这么多钱可以赚,而且有大量证据表明很多人赚了大钱。
There's all of this money to make in the world, and there's proof of so many people making so much money.
为什么不能是我?
Why not me?
是的。
Mhmm.
那正是我最看重的一点。
That was my biggest thing.
我总是听说社交媒体上那些人赚了这么多钱,然后我就想,
I always, like, heard of these people on social media making so much money, and I'm like,
你?
you?
你赚这么多钱?
You make that amount
这么多钱?
of money?
如果你能做得到,我也能。
Like, if you can do it, I can do it.
我认为这种盲目的乐观,正是那些年收入或月收入五十万美元的人所拥有的,因为他们走出了现实的框架和界限。
And I think that blind level of optimism is what somebody making $500,000 a year or a month has because they stepped outside of the scope and the realm of reality.
他们真的只是说:我不遵循别人的规则。
And they truly just said, I'm not playing by everybody else's rules.
我在做自己的事,或者在兼职做自己的事,或者我会把自己从这种困境中拉出来,因为我相信我能做到。
I'm doing my own thing or I'm doing my own thing on the side or I'm gonna pull myself out of this because I know that I can do it.
所以,举例来说,如果你从年的角度来看,年收入五万美元的那种人,只是把钱看作是副业,或者他们知道,自己并不是生意本身。
So, for example, if you're talking in years perspective, I think the $50,000 a year type of person just sees money as a side thing or they see, you know, they are not the business.
他们只是在为别人工作。
They are working for someone.
而年收入五十万美元的人则清楚,他们自己就是生意。
Versus the $500,000 a year person, they know that they are the business.
他们知道,无论自己在这世上做什么,都会变成黄金,因为他们很优秀。
And they know that whatever they do in this life, it will turn to gold because they are good.
所以这就是为什么你需要高收入技能,才能成为那种无论进入什么领域都能产出成果的人。
So that's why you need high income skills in order to be that person that you can step into anything and produce.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为真相是,即使你是一名雇员,高收入技能也同样重要。
And I think the truth is that high income skill matters even when you're an employee.
因为如果你拥有高收入技能,雇主就永远不会想失去你。
Because if you have a high income skill, that person never wants to lose you.
因此他们会持续投资你,不断给你升职加薪,因为他们知道根本离不开你。
And therefore they're gonna keep investing in you and keep giving you promotions and raises because they know they can't one live without
百分百。
100%.
所以即使你不是创业者,只要你属于某个团队,拥有高收入技能,并为公司创造巨大价值,人们就绝不会冒任何风险。
So even if you're not an entrepreneur, if you're a part of someone's team and you have a high income skill and you add lots of value to that place, people are never ever gonna take a risk.
我的意思是,你是个雇主,我也是个雇主。
I mean, you're an employer, I'm an employer.
就像是,我不想失去我最好的人,我绝不会替换那些糟糕的人。
It's like, I don't want to lose Like my best I would Replacing never take that people sucks.
这真的很难,是的。
It's so hard, yeah.
当你
When you
找到一个非常出色的人时,
find someone who's really amazing what
你会想全力培养他们。
they You wanna pour into them.
没错。
Exactly.
是的,你想投资于他们,希望他们能和你一起成长,你对此充满期待,就像恋爱一样,你渴望看到我们能一起达成什么成就。
Yeah, you wanna invest in them, you want them to grow with you, You're excited about it just as you are in love in one sense where it's like, yeah, I wanna see what we could achieve together.
没错。
Exactly.
但我认为这又回到了那个年收入5万美元却对此心满意足的人身上。
But I think that goes back to like the person who's making $50,000 a year and is completely fine with that.
他们只是把这当作一份工作,不会额外付出更多。
They just see it as a job And they won't go above and beyond.
而另一些人,尽管他们的薪水可能没有反映出50万美元的年收入,但他们相信,只要以50万美元年薪的标准来要求自己,这就是一个价值50万美元的机会。
Versus the person that maybe their paycheck doesn't reflect $500,000 a year, but they believe that they are in a $500,000 a year opportunity if they act like it.
是的。
Yeah.
当你超出预期时,人们会注意到的。
And so when you go above and beyond, people notice that.
所以,你现在为自身投入的每一分努力,也许现在看不到回报,但未来一定会以数倍的回报回馈你。
So every single ounce of hard work that you put into yourself right now, maybe it might not benefit you now, but it will benefit you dividends in the future.
完全正确。
Totally.
你必须先投入,才能有所收获。
It's just you have to put it in in order to get it out.
当然。
Absolutely.
很好的回答。
Great answers.
好的。
Alright.
如果有人想在一年内从年收入10万美元提升到30万美元,那该怎么做呢?
If someone wants to go from making 100 ks to 300 ks in one year, what's
你具体指的是哪一年?
You specify the year?
是的。
Yeah.
那三十天、六十天、九十天的计划是什么?
What's the thirty, sixty, ninety day plan?
从10万美元到30万美元?
From 100 ks to 300 ks?
是的,在一年内。
Yeah, in one year.
他们是为别人工作,还是为自己工作?
Are they working for someone or working for themselves?
我们两种情况都分析一下。
Let's do both examples.
所以,我们先分析为别人工作的人,再分析为自己工作的人。
So let's do someone who's working for someone and then let's do someone who's working for themselves.
为别人工作的人。
Someone who's working for someone.
我会说你需要频繁跳槽。
So I would say that you need to job hop.
你不可能在两三年内拿到二十万美元的加薪。
You're never gonna have, you know, a $200,000 raise in two in three years.
这种事情根本不可能发生。
Like, it's just not gonna happen.
所以你的做法是去不同的雇主那里,把他们相互比较。
So the way that you would do it is you would go to different employers and you would kind of like pin them between each other.
所以,你目前工作的公司和另一家公司对比。
So, the company that you're working for now versus another one.
对吧?
Right?
你可以去他们的竞争对手,或者不同领域的公司,向他们展示你在其他公司所创造的价值,因为你有数据支持。
You go to their competitor or somebody in a different niche and you show them the value that you provided for the other company because you have data points behind it.
例如,我帮助X公司在X时间内将收入提升到X水平,使用了这些工具,但我觉得如果给我合适的工具,我还能做得更好。
For example, I helped X company grow to X revenue in X amount of time given these tools, but I feel like I can go even farther given these right tools.
给我实现这一点的能力。
Lend me the ability in order to do it.
如果你在一家公司,我会建议你频繁跳槽。
I would job hop if you are in a company.
我觉得这其实是非常中肯的建议。
I think it's very sound advice, actually.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。