本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
接下来请收听《激情澎湃》。
Coming up next on Passionstruck.
如果我告诉你,阻碍你成为理想中那个人的唯一因素就是天赋的缺失,你会怎么想?
What if I told you that the one thing standing between you and the person you want to become is the lack of talent?
不是时间的匮乏。
It's not a lack of time.
而是缺少一个微小的决定。
It's a lack of a single small decision.
我们都在等待许可,等待信心,等待勇气像礼物般突然降临。
We're all waiting for permission, waiting for confidence, waiting for a burst of courage to land on us like a gift.
但事实上,我采访过的海豹突击队员、世界级创新者、直觉导师们都认同——勇气并非你拥有的性格特质。
But the truth is, the Navy SEALs I've interviewed, the world class innovators, the intuitive guides, they all agree, courage is not a personality trait you possess.
而是你每天做出的选择。
It's a daily choice you make.
我的朋友斯科特·西蒙——'吓唬你的灵魂'创始人、第300期节目嘉宾——一语道破了真谛。
My friend Scott Simon, founder of Scare Your Soul and guest on episode 300, nailed it.
大多数人认为勇气就是跳伞或辞职搬到巴厘岛。
Most people think courage is jumping out of airplanes or quitting your job to move to Bali.
但事实上,真正推动改变的是那些微小的挑战和日常生活中的细微勇气。
But the truth, it's the micro challenges, the tiny daily aspects of courage that move the needle the most.
在这个沉迷于等待的世界里,最终极的成长行为就是选择勇敢面对接下来的十秒钟。
In a world addicted to waiting, the ultimate act of becoming is choosing bravery for the next ten seconds.
欢迎来到《激情觉醒》。
Welcome to PassionStrike.
我是你们的主持人约翰·迈尔斯。
I'm your host, John Miles.
这是一档探讨人类繁荣艺术及其真正意义的节目,让我们活出生命的价值。
This is the show where we explore the art of human flourishing and what it truly means to live like it matters.
每周,我都会与变革者、创作者、科学家和日常英雄们对话,解码人类体验,发掘那些帮助我们活出意义、治愈伤痛、追求自我潜能充分表达的工具。
Each week, I sit down with change makers, creators, scientists, and everyday heroes to decode the human experience and uncover the tools that help us lead with meaning, heal what hurts, and pursue the fullest expression of who we're capable of becoming.
无论你是在规划未来、培养领导力,还是寻求生活中更深层次的协调,这档节目都是邀请你带着目标成长,有意识地行动。
Whether you're designing your future, developing as a leader, or seeking deeper alignment in your life, this show is your invitation to grow with purpose and act with intention.
因为拥有深刻目标、紧密联系和重大影响的人生秘诀,就在于选择活出自我价值。
Because the secret to a life of deep purpose, connection and impact is choosing to live like you matter.
欢迎回到《激情冲击》的朋友们,这里是第七百零二期节目。
Welcome back friends to Passionstruck and episode seven zero two.
让我问你一个问题。
Let me ask you something.
你是否曾站在一个明知会改变一切的抉择边缘,却突然僵住了?
Have you ever stood at the edge of a decision that you knew would change everything and frozen?
就像在点击发送辞职邮件前的那一瞬心跳。
That heartbeat before you hit send on the resignation email.
就像终于要对伴侣说出真相前那五秒的沉默。
The five seconds of silence before you finally told your partner the truth.
就像你几乎要报名课程、健身房或心理咨询时,却又说服自己放弃的那个瞬间。
The moment you almost signed up for the class, the gym, the therapy, and talked yourself out of it.
在那个停顿时刻,总会有个声音出现。
In that pause, a voice always shows up.
我还没准备好。
I'm not ready.
我还没有足够的信心。
I don't have the confidence yet.
我不是那种勇敢的人。
I'm not the courageous type.
我们把勇气当作一种性格特质,好像有些人天生就拥有它。
We treat courage like it's a personality trait, like some people are born with it.
海豹突击队员、TED演讲明星、名人堂四分卫、葡萄牙人。
Navy SEALs, TED Talk Rockstars, Hall of Fame Quarterbacks, Portugal.
而我们其他人则永远在等待勇气移植的候补名单上。
And the rest of us are permanently on the waiting list for a bravery transplant.
但这就是整个成长季所证明的。
But here's what this entire season of becoming has proven.
从苏珊·格劳斯的濒死觉醒到安·利伯拉的即兴舞台,从布伦特·格里森的‘海豹地狱周’到亨纳·普赖尔的‘尴尬健身房’。
From Susan Grouse's Near Death Awakening to Ann Libra's Improv Stage, from Brent Gleason's Seal Hell Week to Henner Pryor's Awkwardness Gym.
成为未来的自己并非一蹴而就的顿悟时刻。
Becoming your future self is not a lightning bolt moment.
它是一种练习。
It's a practice.
而这种练习只有一种通行货币。
And that practice has exactly one currency.
就是在尚未准备好时,今天就去做那件让你不自在的事。
Doing the uncomfortable thing today before you feel ready.
因此本期单人节目名为《为何勇气是日常选择,而非人格特质》。
That's why this solo episode is called Why Courage is a Daily Choice, Not a Personality Trait.
接下来的二十分钟里,我不会用热血故事来激励你。
Over the next twenty minutes, I'm not going to try to motivate you with rah rah stories.
我将直接给你具体话术、简单框架和可拆解的微行动——这些正是我采访过的所有顶尖人士在最需要勇气时使用的工具。
I'm going to hand you the exact language, the simple structure, and the bite sized micro actions that every high performer I've ever interviewed uses to choose courage when it matters most.
因为真相是:那些领导者、海豹突击队员、创新者、宇航员,他们并不比你拥有更多勇气。
Because the truth is this: the leaders, the SEALs, the innovators, the astronauts, they don't have more courage than you.
他们只是先做出了决定。
They just decided it first.
等这期节目结束时,你将拥有今天做出同样决定所需的一切。
And by the time this episode ends, you'll have everything you need to make the same decision today.
在开始前先简单说一句。
One quick thing before we dive in.
如果这个节目曾激励过你,或帮助你迈出过有意义的一步,现在请把这份帮助传递下去。
If this show has ever lit a fire under you or helped you take one meaningful step, pay it forward right now.
点击分享,把这期节目发给需要听到它的人。
Hit share and send this episode to someone who needs to hear it.
并在苹果播客或Spotify上快速打个五星好评。
And drop a quick five star rating on Apple Podcast or Spotify.
这只需30秒,却是我们持续触达新听众的方式。
It takes just thirty seconds, and it's how we keep reaching new people.
好了。
Alright.
深呼吸。
Deep breath.
让我们跨越从等待到蜕变的桥梁。
Let's cross the bridge from waiting to becoming.
感谢您选择Passionstruck,并选择我作为您创造有意向人生的旅程中的主持人和向导。
Thank you for choosing Passionstruck and choosing me to be your host and guide on your journey to creating an intentional life.
现在,让这段旅程开始吧。
Now let that journey begin.
我采访过数百位站在人类表现巅峰的人。
I've interviewed hundreds of people who operate at the absolute edge of human performance.
在子弹横飞时破门而入的海豹突击队员。
Navy SEALs who kicked indoors while bullets fly.
将所有赌注押在一个决策上的CEO们。
CEOs who bet everything on one decision.
夜复一夜冒着公众羞辱风险的艺术家们。
Artists who risk total public humiliation night after night.
你知道他们每个人无一例外都对我说过什么吗?
And do you know what every single one of them has told me without exception?
他们并非拥有像固定特质般的勇气。
They don't have courage like it's a fixed trait.
他们每天都在为勇气投票。
They vote for it every single day.
这是我们必须要跨越的核心心理桥梁。
This is the core psychological bridge we must cross.
勇气不是等待自信出现。
Courage isn't waiting for confidence to show up.
勇气不是等待清晰时刻。
Courage isn't waiting for clarity.
勇气是先行动,自信随后跟上。
Courage is acting first and confidence catches up later.
当你开始等待确定性时,就已经失去了这份声誉。
The second you wait for certainty, you've already lost the rep.
真正的勇气并非毫无畏惧。
Real courage isn't the absence of fear.
而是选择在接下来的十秒钟保持勇敢。
It's choosing to be brave for the next ten seconds.
这十秒钟的选择是你为未来的自己投下的一票,对抗当下沉重而懒惰的惯性。
That ten second choice is a vote you cast for your future self against the heavy, lazy gravity of who you are right now.
在本月关于'蜕变季节'的系列访谈中,四位非凡的嘉宾向我们展示了这些投票在现实中的真实模样。
In our series this month on the season of Becoming, four extraordinary guests showed us exactly what those votes look like in real life.
不是跳伞、荣誉勋章、辞职环游世界这类英雄主义,而是每个人都能做到的四个日常决定。
Not skydiving, medal of honor, quit your job and sail the world heroism, just four daily decisions that anyone can make.
苏珊·格劳在生活将她击垮时,选择倾听直觉的微弱声音。
Susan Grau voted to listen to the quiet voice of intuition when life broke her open.
安·利梅拉选择抛开剧本,以未经修饰、真实原始的面貌出现。
Ann Limera voted to drop the script and show up unperformed, raw and real.
布伦特·格里森选择停止与自己潜力的讨价还价,在独处时坚守底线。
Brent Gleason voted to stop negotiating with his own potential and hold the line in private.
而汉娜·普莱尔选择在远未感到自信之前,就刻意踏入尴尬的境地。
And Hannah Prior voted to step into awkwardness on purpose long before she felt confident.
就是这样。
That's it.
你与他们之间唯一的区别在于,他们持续选择了令人不适的选项。
The only difference between you and them, they kept voting for the uncomfortable option.
这一切都始于第一张选票——倾听的勇气。
And it all starts with the very first vote, the courage to listen.
因此我们今天从苏珊·格劳的探索开始,她告诉我们:有时生活必须先击碎你,才能重塑你。
So we start today's exploration with Susan Grau, who taught us that sometimes life has to shatter you before it will remake you.
小时候,苏珊曾意外被锁在一台断电的冰柜里。
As a little girl, Susan was accidentally locked inside an unplugged freezer.
她在那里经历了临床死亡、精神死亡、彻底的死亡。
She died in there clinically, spiritually, completely.
然后她回来了。
Then she came back.
她带回来的不仅仅是生存
What she brought with her wasn't just survival.
而是一套全新的勇气操作系统
It was a new operating system for courage.
她根据自身经历告诉我的那句话让我彻底震惊
The line that she told me from her experience that stopped me cold is this.
我逃避什么,什么就会追逐我
What I run from chases me.
我试图控制什么,什么最终就会控制我
What I try to control ends up controlling me.
这就是她每天坚持做出的选择
That's the vote she keeps making every day.
停止逃避,停止紧握,最终直面你最害怕感受的事物
Stop running, stop gripping, and finally face the thing you're most afraid to feel.
当悲伤、失去或背叛将旧日的你撕裂时,你面前会出现两条路
When grief, loss, or betrayal rips the old version of you apart, you're left with two paths.
麻痹它、转移它、控制它,或者静下心来倾听废墟中试图诞生的任何声音。
Numb it, distract it, control it, or get quiet and listen to whatever voice is trying to be born in the wreckage.
苏珊说,只有处于极度临在的状态中,你才能与自己、与目标建立真正的连接。
Susan says real connection to yourself, to your purpose, only happens in radical presence.
当你的脑子里塞满了购物清单、怨恨或明天的待办事项时,你听不见灵魂的声音。
You can't hear your soul when your head is full of grocery lists, resentments, or tomorrow's to do list.
所以这是勇气的第一个日常选择,苏珊一次又一次做出的选择。
So here's the first daily vote of courage, the one that Susan casts again and again.
停下来,深呼吸,然后问一个简单的问题。
Pause, breathe, and ask one simple question.
问问自己:此刻你想让我做什么?
Ask yourself, what would you have me do right now?
然后闭嘴倾听。
Then shut up and listen.
就这样。
That's it.
十秒钟的静止,而非滑动屏幕。
Ten seconds of stillness instead of scrolling.
十秒钟的臣服,而非用力强求。
Ten seconds of surrender instead of force.
这个微小举动——当每个本能都在尖叫着要你解决、对抗或逃避时,你选择倾听——正是构筑未来自我的第一块基石。
That tiny act, choosing to listen when every instinct screams, fix it, fight it, or flee is the first brick in the foundation of your future self.
你看,勇气并非强求新结果。
You see, courage isn't forcing a new outcome.
而是让那些你无法掌控的事物成为你的老师。
It's allowing the thing you can't control to become your teacher.
这就是苏珊的选择。
That's Susan's vote.
你今天要作何选择?
What's yours going to be today?
如果说苏珊给了我们倾听的勇气,那么安妮·利贝拉——这位经营第二城喜剧工作室的导师(正是这个舞台孕育了蒂娜·菲、史蒂夫·卡瑞尔和半数曾让你笑中带泪的喜剧人)——则给了我们摘下面具真实做人的勇气。
If Susan gave us the courage to listen, Anne Libera gave us the courage to show up without the mask and runs Comedy Studios at the 2nd City, the same stage that launched Tina Fey, Steve Carroll, and half the people who've ever made you laugh until you cried.
她反复强调的重点是这样的。
And here's what she hammered home.
即兴表演的关键不在于搞笑。
Improv isn't about being funny.
而在于自由表达。
It's about being free.
当你试图刻意搞笑时,你在舞台上就死了,在生活中也死了,因为你已经脱离了当下。
The second you try to be funny, you're dead on the stage and dead in life because you're no longer in the moment.
你只是在表演脑海中预设的陈旧剧本,试图打动那些可能根本没在关注你的人。
You're performing an old script you wrote in your head to impress people who probably aren't even watching.
安妮每天践行的勇气宣言简单却令人敬畏。
Anne's daily vote of courage is simple and terrifying.
丢掉剧本。
Drop the script.
别再过度设计你的人格。
Stop overengineering your personality.
别再排练那些完美的台词了。
Stop rehearsing the perfect line.
别再修饰那个你以为最终会足够好的自己了。
Stop polishing the version of you that you think will finally be enough.
相反,走进场景,任何场景,如实面对它。
Instead, walk into the scene, any scene, and meet it exactly as it is.
说出真实的想法。
Say the true thing.
承认那些尴尬的时刻。
Admit the awkward thing.
敢于展现些许迷茫,些许人性。
Risk looking a little lost, a little human.
这就是安希望你今天采取的微小行动。
That's the micro action Ann wants you to take today.
下次当你参加会议、约会、家庭聚餐,甚至排队买咖啡时,觉察到自己在表演,就做一个未经排练的微小调整。
The next time you're in a meeting, a date, a family dinner, or even standing in line at coffee, catch yourself performing and do one unscripted micro edit.
大声说出真实的感受
Say the real feeling out loud.
提出真正的问题
Ask the real question.
让沉默停留,而不是用噪音填补
Let the silence sit instead of filling it with noise.
一个真诚的瞬间,而非排练好的套路
One honest beat instead of the rehearsed routine.
这小小的让步——选择探索而非控制,选择真实存在而非表演——是为未来自己投下的第二张日常选票
That tiny surrender, choosing discovery over control, presence over performance, is the second daily vote for your future self.
因为那个试图表现完美的你,是过去的你
Because the you who's trying to be impressive is the old you.
那个敢于展现真实的你,才是正在蜕变的你
The you who risk being real, that's the one who's just starting to become.
现在,在我们继续之前,让我先暂停一下
Now, before we keep going, let me hit pause here for a second.
我们今天讨论的一切——像苏珊那样倾听,像安妮那样放下剧本——在播客里听起来很棒,但只有当你真正付诸实践时才会变得真实。
Everything we're talking about today, listening like Susan, dropping the script like Anne, it sounds great in a podcast, but it only becomes real when you actually do it.
这就是为什么在《Passionstruck》的每一集中,我们都制作了免费的配套练习册,里面装满了反思问题、身份认同练习,以及我们正在经历的具体微勇气挑战。
That's why for every single episode on Passionstruck, we build a free companion workbook packed with reflection questions, identity exercises, and the exact microcourage challenges we're walking through right now.
这些可不是华而不实的PDF文件。
These aren't fluffy PDFs.
它们正是区分‘这很鼓舞人心’和‘那期播客真正改变了我’的关键所在。
They're the real difference between that was inspiring and that podcast episode actually changed me.
在ignitedlife.net我的Substack上免费获取,加入‘点燃人生’社区即可完全免费获得。
Grab yours at the ignitedlife.net, my substack, completely free when you join the Ignited Life community.
只需一分钟,你就能直接收到本期及每期节目的配套练习册。
Takes about a minute and you'll get the workbook for this episode and every episode delivered straight to you.
现在插播一条来自赞助商的快讯,是他们让这一切成为可能。
Now, a quick word from our sponsors who make all of this possible.
感谢您对他们的支持,这让我们能继续为您免费提供所有内容。
Thank you for supporting them because it lets us keep giving you everything for free.
嘿,PassionStruck的听众们!
Hey, PassionStruck listeners!
有些补充剂确实是改变游戏规则的存在。
There are supplements and they're game changers.
Timeline公司的Mitopurra软糖独树一帜。
Mitopurra gummies from Timeline are in a league of their own.
这是首款含有尿石素A的长寿软糖,这种强力成分能在短短十六周内提升12%的细胞能量和肌肉力量。
They're the first longevity gummy with Urolithin A, a powerful ingredient shown to boost cellular energy and improve muscle strength by 12% in just sixteen weeks.
实话告诉你们,我真的感受到了不同。
And I'm telling you, I feel the difference.
精力更充沛,恢复更快,注意力更集中。
More energy, faster recovery, sharper focus.
每天只需两颗软糖就能实现。
All from just two gummies a day.
如果你想保持强健体魄和充沛精力,无论是现在还是随着年龄增长,MotoPure软糖都值得一试。
If you want to stay strong and energized now and as you age, then you've got to try MotoPure gummies.
我在Timeline的朋友们专门为我的听众提供20%的折扣。
My friends at Timeline are offering 20% off just for my listeners.
请访问timeline.com/passionstruct 开始体验。
Head to timeline.com/passionstruct to get started.
网址是timeline.com/passionstruct。
That's timeline.com/passionstruct.
你的细胞会感谢你的。
Your cells will thank you.
我们大多数人90%的时间都在室内度过,但你知道吗?室内空气污染程度可能比室外高出100倍。
Most of us spend 90% of our time indoors, but did you know indoor air can be up to 100 times more polluted than outdoor air?
这个数据让我震惊。
That stat shocked me.
这正是我开始使用Air Doctor的原因——这款获奖空气净化器能去除99.99%的有害颗粒,包括过敏原、病毒、烟雾、霉菌孢子等。
And that's exactly why I started using Air Doctor, the award winning air purifier that removes 99.99% of harmful particles like allergens, viruses, smoke, mold spores, and more.
难怪Air Doctor被《新闻周刊》评为最佳空气净化器,98%的客户表示他们的家感觉更安全、更干净、更健康了。
It's no surprise Air Doctor was voted best air purifier by Newsweek, and 98% of customers say their homes feel safer, cleaner, and healthier.
我能明显感受到不同。
And I feel the difference.
我的喉咙不再干燥。
My throat isn't dry.
我的鼻子不再堵塞。
My nose isn't stuffy.
养了两只活泼的狗狗,知道空气医生能处理宠物皮屑管真是让人安心。
And with two active dogs, it's a relief knowing Air Doctor handles pet dander tube.
呼吸洁净空气的感觉确实更舒适。
Breathe in clean air just feels better.
访问airdoctorpro.com,使用优惠码PASSIONSTRUCT,今日立享最高300美元折扣。
Head to airdoctorpro.com and use promo code PASSIONSTRUCT to get up to $300 off today.
Air Doctor提供30天退款保证,外加3年保修期,并免费赠送价值84美元的赠品。
Air Doctor comes with a thirty day money back guarantee plus a three year warranty and $84 value for free.
立即登录airdoctorpro.com,获取本播客专属限时优惠。
Get this exclusive podcast only offer now at airdoctorpro.com.
Airdoctorpro.com
Airdoctorpro.com.
使用促销代码PASHINSTRA
Use promo code PASHINSTRA.
您正在收听Passionstruck Network的《Passionstruck》节目
You're listening to Passionstruck on the Passionstruck Network.
好的,我们今天已经投了两票
Okay, we've already cast two votes today.
苏珊的投票是倾听内心想要逃避的声音,安妮的投票是放下剧本,敢于做真实的自己
Susan's vote to listen when everything inside you wants to run, Anne's vote to drop the script and risk being real.
现在我们要加大力度
Now we go harder.
前海豹突击队队员布伦特·格里森即将挑战你为潜能找过的所有借口
Former Navy SEAL Brent Gleason is about to challenge every single excuse you've ever made with your potential.
如果说勇气是每日一票,那么布伦特刚刚进场并提高了入场门槛
So if courage is a daily vote, Brent just walked in and raised the price of admission.
他是一名前海豹突击队员,经历了地球上最残酷的考验——BUDS训练,之后还要面对重返平民生活的挑战。
He's a former Navy SEAL who survived BUDS, the cruelest proven ground on earth, and then had to survive coming home.
他展现领导力的最大举动并非在枪林弹雨中破门而入。
His greatest act of leadership wasn't kicking in a door under fire.
而是在那个夜晚,他凝视镜中的自己,承认自己正酗酒致死,并在无人见证时选择了清醒。
It was the night he looked in the mirror, admitted he was drinking himself to death, and chose sobriety when no one was watching.
这就是布伦特的日常抉择。
That's Brent's daily vote.
停止与你自己的潜力讨价还价。
Stop negotiating with your own potential.
他说我们大多数人都清楚自己该做什么。
He says most of us already know exactly what we need to do.
健身会员卡已付款。
The gym membership is paid.
这场对话早就该进行了。
The conversation is overdue.
闹钟设定在早上5点。
The alarm is set for 5AM.
但每天早上,我们只是坐在桌边开始和自己讨价还价。
But then every morning, we just sit at the table and start bargaining with ourselves.
就再睡一小会儿。
Just one more snooze.
你知道的,我值得喝一杯。
You know, I deserve the drink.
今天真是艰难的一天。
It's been such a hard day.
我周一再开始吧。
I'll start on Monday.
你看,敌人不是知识的匮乏,而是承诺的缺失。
You see, the enemy is not a lack of knowledge, but a lack of commitment.
我们知道该做什么,却在条件上讨价还价。
We know what to do, but we negotiate the terms.
我今天就不去健身房了。
I'll skip the gym today.
我明天再开始。
I'll start tomorrow.
那个谈话可以等等再说。
That conversation can wait.
这些微小的妥协在我们现状与潜力之间划出了鸿沟。
These tiny negotiations create a gap between who we are and who we know we're capable of becoming.
这就是为什么布伦特的'镜头即封印'理念如此残酷又美妙。
And that's why Brent's Lens as a Seal is so brutal and beautiful.
舒适是种病。
Comfort is a disease.
自律即自由。
Discipline is freedom.
阻碍你获得理想生活的唯一障碍,就是无人喝彩时你仍坚持的标准。
And the only thing standing between you and the life you want is the standard that you're willing to hold when no one's clapping.
这就是第三次日常勇气投票,布伦特所要求的那个。
So here's the third daily vote of courage, the one Brent demands.
现在立刻问问自己:我今天在私下里遵循着什么标准?
Ask yourself right now, what standard am I honoring in private today?
不是当世界注视时,不是当镜头开启时,而是当你独自面对选择时。
Not when the world is watching, not when the camera's on, when it's just you and the choice.
那个私下的标准,就是你整个公开生活的蓝图。
That private standard is the blueprint for your entire public life.
不再妥协,不再拖延到明天。
No more deals, no more tomorrow.
只需为那个拒绝将就的自己投下不可谈判的一票。
Just one non negotiable vote for the version of you that refuses to settle.
这就是海豹突击队员构筑人生的方式。
That's how a seal builds a life.
这也是你构筑人生的方式——通过一次次毫不妥协的私下抉择。
And that's how you build yours, one unrelenting private decision at a time.
现在,第四次也是最后一次投票,我们大多数人像躲避瘟疫一样逃避的那次。
Now, the fourth and final vote, the one most of us avoid like the plague.
汉娜·普莱尔走上节目,揭露了扼杀现代生活的无声懦弱。
Hannah Prior walked on the show and exposed the quiet cowardice killing modern life.
我们宁愿去擦陌生人的马桶,也不愿向同事求助五分钟。
We would literally rather scrub a stranger's toilet than ask a coworker for five minutes of help.
30%的人在调查中承认了这一点。
30% of people admitted it in a survey.
30%。
30%.
为什么?
Why?
因为我们说服自己,需要帮助就等于软弱。
Because we've convinced ourselves that needing help equals weakness.
那个脆弱的提问会传遍整个办公室。
That one vulnerable question will broadcast to the entire office.
我反应慢。
I'm slow.
我脑子笨。
I'm dumb.
我不属于这里。
I don't belong here.
赫娜的回答直白又令人释然。
Hena's answer is blunt and liberating.
我们并不软弱。
We're not weak.
我们只是生疏了。
We're just out of practice.
混合办公、没完没了的Slack消息和AirPods让我们的人际交往肌肉萎缩了。
Hybrid work, endless Slack threads, and AirPods have atrophied our awkward muscle.
我们已忘记如何拥有正常的人际时刻,于是将其放大成五级警报的身份认同危机。
We've forgotten how to have a normal human moment, so we magnify it into a five alarm identity crisis.
这就是大脑对你耍的残酷心理把戏——聚光灯效应。
And here's the cruel psychological trick your brain plays, the spotlight effect.
你以为所有人都能看到你狂跳的心脏、涨红的脸,以及那个闪烁的霓虹灯标志:我很紧张。
You think everyone can see your racing heart, your flushed face, that neon sign flashing, I'm nervous.
其实他们看不到。
They can't.
他们正忙着担心自己的霓虹灯标志呢。
They're too busy worrying about their own neon sign.
汉娜的第四项日常勇气投票是最简单也最可怕的。
Hanna's fourth daily vote of courage is the simplest and the scariest.
感受尴尬,然后继续行动。
Feel the awkward and move anyway.
她给了我们两个改变游戏规则的行动建议。
She gave us two game changing moves.
首先,改变一个词。
First, change one word.
别再总说我笨手笨脚了
Stop saying I'm awkward.
要说'我现在感觉有点不自在'
Say I'm feeling awkward right now.
情绪会过去,身份会固化,措辞很重要
Feelings pass, identity sticks, language matters.
其次,她告诉我们要把尴尬感当作健身房
Second, she told us to treat awkwardness like the gym.
自信不是先决条件,而是锻炼的结果
Confidence isn't the prerequisite, it's the result.
看别人举重不会让你变强壮
You don't get strong by watching other people lift.
只有自己抓起那该死的杠铃才能变强
You get strong by picking up the damn weight.
所以今天的训练动作来了
So here's your rep for today.
你那一组尴尬的动作。
Your one awkward set.
把那封你写了又删的信息发出去。
Send the message you've been drafting and deleting.
问出那个你怕显得愚蠢的问题。
Ask the question you're afraid makes you look stupid.
向那个你总是点头路过的人问好,说出那句憋了几个星期的赞美。
Say hi to the person you always nod past and give the compliment you've been swallowing for weeks.
一次练习,十秒钟的不适,零实际风险。
One rep, ten seconds of discomfort, zero actual risk.
那个尴尬的举动是你能为未来自己投下的第四票——因为那个等着先获得自信的你,他们还要等上很久很久。
That single awkward action is the fourth vote that you can cast for your future self because the version of you who's waiting to feel confidence first, they're going to be waiting a very long time.
那个感到心跳加速却依然点击发送的你,才是真正势不可挡的你。
The version of you who feels the flutter and hits send anyway, that's the one who becomes unstoppable.
好了朋友们,让我们把这事圆满收尾。
Okay, my friends, let's bring this home.
我们一开始就粉碎了一个被灌输给所有人的谎言——勇气是少数与生俱来的稀有品质。
We began by shattering a lie we've all been sold, that courage is something a few rare people are born with.
我们最终要认领一个人人都能践行的真理。
We end by claiming the truth we can all live by.
勇气是我们一次次通过微小而刻意的选择积累起来的。
Courage is something we choose, one small deliberate vote at a time.
四份礼物,人生的四季,四个与跳伞或辞职航海无关的日常决定,却与你注定成为的那个自己息息相关。
Four gifts, four seasons of life, four daily decisions that have nothing to do with skydiving or quitting your job to sail the world, and everything to do with becoming the person you already know you're meant to be.
首先,苏珊教会我们在旧我裂变时倾听内心。
First, Susan taught us to listen when the old you is breaking open.
其次,安妮教会我们摆脱剧本,最终展现真实的自己。
Second, Anne taught us to unscript and finally show up as the real you.
第三,布伦特教会我们全力以赴,不再与自己的潜力讨价还价。
Third, Brent taught us to commit and stop cutting deals with your own potential.
最后,赫娜教会我们主动练习尴尬,因为真正的自信正由此锻造。
And fourth, Hena taught us to practice awkwardness on purpose because that's where real confidence is forged.
这就是即将到来的季节的全部剧本。
That's the entire playbook for the season to be coming.
这些选择都不需要英雄般的意志力。
None of these votes require heroic willpower.
它们都是十秒钟的决定。
They're ten second choices.
一次呼吸,一条短信,一个问题,一个你默默坚守的立场。
A breath, a text, a question, a stand you quietly honor.
如果你此刻正在聆听,却有一个目标不断溜走,一场对话不断推迟,一个版本的自己似乎遥不可及,请听好。
If you're listening right now and there's a goal that keeps slipping, a conversation you keep postponing, a version of you that feels just out of reach, hear this.
你并没有落后。
You're not behind.
你只差一个勇敢的选择。
You're one courageous vote away.
你的过去没有最终决定权。
Your past doesn't get the final say.
你的恐惧没有最终决定权。
Your fear doesn't get the final say.
只有今天的选择才有。
Only today's choice does.
所以现在就做出选择吧。
So make it right now.
为那个在此时此刻另一端耐心等待的未来自己投下一张小小的赞成票。
Cast one small vote for the future self who's been waiting patiently on the other side of this moment.
蜕变就是这样发生的。
That's how becoming actually happens.
每一次做出一个令人不适却美好而平凡的决定。
One uncomfortable, beautiful, ordinary decision at a time.
非常感谢你今天加入我们的《激情迸发》节目。
Thank you so much for joining us today on Passionstruck.
温馨提示:你可以前往ignitedlife.net领取本集配套的免费练习手册。
As a reminder, you can head over to the ignitedlife.net and grab the free companion workbook for this episode.
它会一步步引导你今天做出下一个选择。
It'll walk you step by step through choosing your next vote today.
下周,我将与Safarini Leadership的鲍里斯·马奎尔和奥利·雷辛对话。这是一次非常有趣的交谈,因为他们共同领导一个基于肯尼亚的变革型领导力项目,该项目将高管们带出会议室,走进丛林,与桑布鲁族人并肩同行,重新学习归属感、目标感,以及当连接成为生存技能时领导力的真正含义。
Next week, I'm sitting down with Boris Maguire and Ollie Raisin of Safarini Leadership, And this was such a fun conversation because they both lead a transformational leadership program that's based in Kenya, where they take executives out of the boardroom and into the bush, walking side by side with Sambora Ellers to relearn belonging, purpose, and what leadership looks like when connection is a survival skill.
我认为在西方,我们对时间过于痴迷。
I think in the West, we are obsessed with time.
对吧?
Right?
我们痴迷于谁是第一、谁最年轻。
And we're obsessed with who's first and who's the youngest.
我们都能说出像马克·扎克伯格这样19、20岁就成为亿万富翁的企业家。
We can all name entrepreneurs like Mark Zuckerberg who became billionaires at 19 or 20.
有许多成功的企业家建立了价值数百万美元的企业,但他们直到50或55岁才实现这一目标,而这对我们来说毫无吸引力。
There are many successful entrepreneurs who build multimillion dollar businesses, but they don't achieve it until they're 50 or 55, and that's just not interesting to us.
这不够酷。
It's not sexy.
我们似乎过度迷恋速度至上的观念,而这恰恰反映了西方社会以目标为导向,而桑布鲁人则更注重旅程本身。
It's almost like we're over we fetishize this idea that speed is the most important thing, but and I think it speaks to the fact that in the West, we are destination driven, whereas the Samburu is much more about the journey.
这是生命之路,如何抵达比终点本身更为重要。
It's the life's path, and how you get there is more important than where you end up.
下次见面前请记住,这无关完美。
Until next time, remember, this isn't about perfection.
甚至与个性无关。
It's not even about personality.
而是一次次重新承诺成为那个你知道自己能成为的人——尤其当无人注视之时。
It's about recommitting again and again to the person you know you're capable of being, especially when no one else is watching.
我是约翰·迈尔斯。
I'm John Miles.
你已被激情击中。
You've been passion struck.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。