本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是来自NPR的Planet Money。
This is Planet Money from NPR.
传说在二十世纪五十年代,有一对加拿大夫妇喜欢玩一种叫‘Yacht’的游戏。
Legend has it, there was a Canadian couple in the nineteen fifties who liked to play this game called yacht.
他们拥有一艘游艇。
They owned a yacht.
他们在游艇上玩这个游戏,但据我所知,这艘游艇在‘Yacht’游戏中就只是个背景而已。
They play the game on their yacht, but as far as I could tell, that is all the yacht involved in this game called yacht.
是的。
Yes.
‘Yacht’是一种掷骰子游戏。
Yacht was a dice game.
你掷一堆骰子。
You roll a bunch of dice.
你试图组成对子、三元组之类的组合。
You try to make sets and pairs and whatnot.
而且,据称,这对加拿大夫妇的朋友都说,这个游艇游戏太棒了。
And, apparently, friends of the Canadian yachters were like, this yacht game rules.
你应该把它出版出来。
You should publish it.
赚点钱吧。
Make some money.
也许可以再买一艘游艇。
Maybe buy another yacht.
是的。
Yeah.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
于是,这位无名的加拿大人把这个游戏点子卖给了一个游戏企业家,而这位企业家做出了非常明智的决定——没有把这款游戏命名为‘游艇’。
And so the unnamed Canadian sold the game idea to a game entrepreneur who then made the very wise decision to not sell the game as yacht.
当然,他把名字改成了‘Yahtzee’。
He changed the name, of course, to Yahtzee.
Yahtzee。
Yahtzee.
没人会买一个大喊“游艇”的游戏。
Nobody's gonna buy and yell yachts.
拜托。
Come on.
我们讲这个小故事,是因为一个好的标题或坏的标题,绝对能让一款很棒的游戏彻底失败。
And we share this little tale because a good title or a bad title will absolutely sink a really great game.
这是之前在《Planet Money》制作桌游时,我们得到的严肃警告。
That was the very serious warning we got previously on planet money makes a board game.
让我们快速给大家补一下背景。
Let's catch everyone up real quick.
我们正在制作一款游戏。
We're making a game.
我们与游戏公司Exploding Kittens合作,试图设计一款受诺贝尔奖获奖经济学论文《柠檬市场》启发的游戏。
We have partnered with the game company Exploding Kittens to try and design a game inspired by the Nobel Prize winning economics paper, The Market for Lemons.
那篇论文实际上讲的是二手车市场中的信息不对称,但广义上,它探讨的是当一方比另一方掌握更多信息时,达成交易会引发混乱、不信任,最终摧毁整个市场。
That paper is literally about asymmetric information in the market for used cars, but broadly, it's about how making deals when one side knows more than the other causes chaos, distrust, and and ultimately destroys a market.
在我们的游戏版本中,玩家手中持有卡牌,彼此之间进行交易,试图获得最好的卡牌。
In our game version, players have hands of cards and they're offering each other deals, trying to get the best cards.
但他们可以利用信息不对称,欺骗朋友接受糟糕的卡牌。
But they can trick their friends into accepting terrible cards because asymmetric information.
是的。
Yeah.
你只需要展示交易的一部分即可。
You only ever have to show part of the deal.
我们选择制作一款大众喜爱的派对游戏,悄悄融入经济学、部分信息、逐渐累积的不信任,以及陷入欢乐混乱的过程。
We chose to make a mass appeal party game that sneakily brings the economics, the partial information, the mounting distrust, the spiral into joyful chaos.
而不是做成一款复杂、硬核、极客向的经济学游戏。
Instead of a complex, hardcore, nerdy economics game.
这是因为我们希望这款游戏能成为我们的特洛伊木马,带我们进入一个其他《Planet Money》项目从未涉足过的领域,进行报道和学习。
And that is because we're hoping that this game can be our Trojan horse into reporting and learning from inside a world that no other planet money project has gone.
真实大型零售商店里的货架。
The real shelves at real big box retail stores.
是的。
Yeah.
我们认为,《爆炸猫咪》派对游戏能让我们最好地潜入那个世界。
We think an exploding kittens party game gives us the best chance of sneaking into that world.
在我们之前的节目中,我们经历了第一次重大考验。
And in our previous episodes, we faced our first huge test.
这次考验的名字叫杰米·沃尔恩斯基。
That test was named Jamie Wolansky.
杰米是一位资深的游戏顾问。
Jamie is a longtime game consultant.
她非常有名,早在很久以前就说服了塔吉特百货销售《卡坦岛》。
She's legendary, convinced Target to carry Settlers of Catan way back when.
杰米对我们这个充满欢乐混乱的交易与不信任卡牌游戏提出了两点意见。
And Jamie had two notes on our joyfully chaotic deal and distrust card game.
第一个建议。
Note one.
好的。
Okay.
我一直在寻找一种前所未有的新游戏机制,目前没有任何一款游戏能与之相提并论。
I am constantly on the lookout for a new game mechanic that no one else has ever done, and there is not a game out there that I can equate this to.
她很喜欢我们的游戏。
She loved our game.
但第二个建议是,她告诉我们:现在可别搞砸了。
But note number two, she told us, don't mess this up now.
此时最重要的事情是给它取个名字。
The most critical thing at this point is naming it.
什么?
What?
真的吗?
And Really?
是的
Yeah.
名称、标题,选择正确的主题对于游戏的成功至关重要。
The name, the title, picking the right theme is going to be critical to making it work.
因为一个好的标题或一个糟糕的标题,会彻底毁掉一款非常棒的游戏。
Because a good title or a bad title will just absolutely sink a really great game.
游戏。
Game.
游戏。
Game.
大家好,欢迎收听《星球金钱》,我是美国·巴里斯。
Hello, and welcome to Planet Money, America Barris.
我是肯尼·马隆。
And I'm Kenny Malone.
《星球金钱》游戏需要一个《星球金钱》的名字,我们不能搞砸了。
The Planet Money game needs a Planet Money name, and we need to not mess this up.
是的。
Yeah.
我们冒险制作了一款面向大众的游戏,而不是一款复杂深奥的教育类游戏。
We have taken this gamble to make a mass appeal game instead of a complex nerdy learning game.
今天,赌注变得真实了。
And today, the stakes get real.
我们了解到,为面向主流市场、大型包装的产品命名和定主题需要哪些条件。
We learn what it takes to name and theme something for the big leagues, the big boxes.
我们惊讶地发现,这个过程竟然如此缺乏科学性。
We are surprised to learn how unscientific that process can be.
此外,到本集结束时,我们将确定一个名称和主题,并为我们卡片组中的你们预留了一些位置。
Plus, by the end of the episode, we will have a name and a theme, and we have saved some spots in our deck of cards for you all.
你们听众的创意将被绘制成图,成为《星球金钱》游戏的一部分。
You listeners, your ideas will end up illustrated and part of the planet money game.
想象一下,在游戏之夜向朋友们炫耀这一点。
Imagine rubbing that in your friends' faces at game night.
敬请关注。
Stay tuned.
好的。
Okay.
我们的目标是通过《星球金钱》游戏,打开通往大型零售货架市场的更高层级大门。
We are on a mission to use the Planet Money game to crack open next tier access to the world of big box retail.
想象一下,能够进入真正的《鲨鱼坦克》会议室,一次演示就可能带来满载游戏订单的集装箱。
Imagine getting inside the the real Shark Tank rooms where a single pitch could result in the shipping containers full of game orders.
但问题是,
But the problem was,
《星球金钱》游戏到底是什么?
what really was the Planet Money game?
我们有一个原型,并且大家共同进行了数千小时的测试,这些测试你们都帮了我们。
We had a prototype, and we'd collectively done thousands of hours of playtesting, which you all helped us with.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
但事实上,我们能展示的只是一套规则。
But really, all we had to show for it was a set of rules.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,明确地说,我们为这些规则感到自豪。
I mean, to be clear, we're proud of those rules.
它们解释了一款看似简单实则微妙复杂的卡牌游戏,并且更微妙地融入了我们关于不对称信息经济学的核心理念。
They explain a card game that is subtly complex, and and even more subtly, sprinkles in our big asymmetric information economics idea.
但确实如此。
But it it's true.
这还不是一个能摆在沃尔玛或塔吉特货架上的产品。
This was not yet a product that you could put on a shelf at Walmart or Target.
但显然,这正是《爆炸猫咪》的工作方式。
But apparently, this is how Exploding Kittens works.
在原型阶段,他们对我们游戏的主题似乎完全不关心。
During the prototyping phase, they seemed 0% concerned with the theme of our game.
比如,他们根本不关心卡片上的图案,也不在意玩家是否应该想象自己在扮演二手车销售员或水果摊贩,经营一个真实的柠檬市场。
Like, they didn't worry about the pictures on the cards, about whether our players should imagine there were used car sellers or fruit vendors running a literal market for lemons.
不。
No.
他们的策略是,游戏在没有任何这些元素的情况下也必须能正常运行,只有那时我们才开始考虑主题和命名。
Their strategy was the game should work without any of that, and only then do we start thinking about theming and naming.
然后有一天,我们得到了消息。
And then one day, we got word.
好的。
Okay.
所以让我们谈谈所以
So let's talk about So
是的。
Yeah.
所以,为了明确一下。
So let's just to be clear.
谈什么
Talk about what
我们正在为整个过程中最关键的部分做准备。
we're preparing we're preparing for the highest stakes part of this entire process.
我们即将要做的是这个吗?
Is that what we're about to do?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
看待这个问题的方式是
The way to think about this is
那是《爆炸猫咪》的联合创始人阿隆·李和整个团队。
That is Exploding Kittens cofounder, Alon Lee, and the rest of the team.
而这才是最重要的一步。
And this was the big one.
就是我们终于开始为《星球货币》游戏讨论名称和主题的那次会。
The meeting where we finally start looking at names and themes for the planet money game.
到目前为止,我们经历的一切正好占了一半。
All everything we've been through so far is exactly 50% of it.
现在我们开始另一半,也就是如何推销这个游戏。
Now we start the other 50%, which is how to sell this thing.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
没什么压力。
No pressure.
对吧?
Right?
说实话,当你们的一位顾问玩了这个游戏时,她非常喜欢,而且那还是之前的版本呢。
In all honesty, when one of your consultants played the game, she really liked it, and it was a previous version even.
我问了她。
And I asked her.
我当时说,最大的障碍是什么?
I was like, what is the biggest obstacle?
什么因素可能会让这个项目失败?
And, like, what's the thing that can tank this?
她说,名字和主题绝对不能搞砸了。
And she was like, the name and the theming is like, just don't mess it up.
她真的是这么说的。
She really said that.
这真能毁掉一个游戏吗?
Like, can this tank a game?
当然能。
Absolutely.
是的。
Yes.
比如,我们有一些游戏,我觉得它们非常出色。
Like, we have games out there that I thought were spectacular.
当我们发布游戏时,我会去各大零售商那里露营,坐在货架过道里,观察顾客的行为。
And when we launch games, like, I go camp out at all the big retailers, and I sit there in the aisles, and I watch people.
看到他们从一款非常精彩的游戏旁走过,却因为包装不够吸引人而错过,这真的令人心碎。
And I just, it's so heartbreaking to see them walk right by a really epic game, because the box just doesn't catch their attention.
好吧。
Okay.
这有点让人感到压力。
That is a little intimidating.
我本来是在开玩笑,但现在我真的感到有点紧张了。
I was kind of joking, and now I'm like, I actually do feel genuinely a little nervous about this.
现在我觉得真正让我感到紧张的是,我们还没有一款像《Yahtzee》这样的游戏。
Now I think what I found so genuinely nerve wracking is that we did not have a Yahtzee yet.
我们只是有《yacht》。
We just had yacht.
但与骰子游戏不同,我们需要一个名字,还需要为我们的游戏构建一个完整的故事。
But but unlike Yahtzee, we needed a name, and, also, we needed a whole story for our game.
我们最初的直觉是选择最显而易见的点子——汽车。
Now our first instinct was to push for the most obvious idea, cars.
就叫它《汽车》吧。
Just call it Cars.
用柠檬做主题,围绕打造各种二手车展开。
For lemons and make it about creating different used cars.
我的意思是,这个点子就摆在眼前。
I mean, it's so it's right there.
是的。
Yes.
但据《爆炸猫咪》团队称,以汽车为主题的桌游尤其容易在货架上让人感到困惑和失望。
But, apparently, according to Exploding Kittens, car themed games in particular have a risk of being confusing and disappointing on a shelf.
对。
Yeah.
想象一下,你走在游戏货架前。
Like, imagine you're in the game aisle.
哦,一个汽车主题的游戏。
Oh, a car game.
这是关于赛车的吗?还是有移动部件和快速的汽车?
Is it about racing, or are there moving pieces and fast cars?
结果这些都不是?
And, oh, it's none of those things?
真遗憾。
Bummer.
出局。
Out.
买不到它。
Not getting it.
我不确定是否完全认同这一点,但欢迎来到为大型盒装游戏选择名称和主题的世界。
I don't know if I fully buy this, but welcome to the world of choosing a name and a theme for big box.
是的
Yeah.
因为我们选择的不只是能吸引潜在客户的东西。
Because we were not just choosing something that would appeal to a potential customer.
我们选择的是沃尔玛和塔吉特认为能吸引潜在客户的东西。
We were choosing something that Walmart and Target think will appeal to the potential customer.
毕竟,是他们决定是否订购并上架《行星货币》这款游戏。
After all, they are the ones who will decide whether to order and carry the planet money game.
现在,在这个最关键阶段的会议中,Exploding Kittens即将向我们展示一些他们认为能让我们上架的潜在主题和名称。
And now in that highest stakes part of the process meeting, Exploding Kittens was about to show us some potential themes and names that they think might get us on the shelf.
嘿。
Hey.
准备好,哦,共享功能没开启。
Get ready for oh, sharing's not turned on.
我在
I am
让我点允许。
Let me hit allow.
我觉得我
I think I
明白了。
Got it.
斯蒂芬妮·佩斯塔负责这个过程中的艺术和设计部分,她准备向我们展示三个可能的名称和主题。
Stephanie Pesta is in charge of the art and design part of this process, and she was ready to present us with three possible names and themes.
但首先,她想分享一下她的团队是如何从我们这样的原型出发,来寻找名称和主题的。
But first, she wanted to share a bit about how her team takes a prototype like ours and starts to find a name and theme.
艺术团队的工作方式是,我们会玩这个游戏,以大致理解你在体验核心玩法时感受到的情绪。
So the way the art team works is we'll play the game to get a general understanding of, like, the emotions you feel as, like, you go through the core gameplay mechanics.
而对于这个游戏,我们特别喜欢的是训练这一方面。
And for this one, what we really loved was the training aspect.
对吧?
Right?
紧张感就在这里。
That's where the tension is.
兴奋点也在这里。
That's where the excitement is.
是的。
Yeah.
所以记住,在我们的游戏中,玩家们轮流接受其他玩家的交易提议。
So remember, in our game, the players take turns entertaining deals from the other players.
这个提议可能包含很好的牌、很差的牌、普通的牌,或者全部都有。
That deal might include great cards or terrible cards or mediocre cards or all of those things.
但因为你只需要展示其中一张牌,这就把原本简单的市场变成了充满不信任、背叛,甚至常常是争吵的混乱之地。
But because you only have to show one of the cards, it turns the straightforward market into a chaos pit of distrust and betrayal and often shouting.
我觉得我们确实互相喊过几句。
I feel like we've shouted at each other a bit.
有一点。
A little.
我们真的想从这种感觉、这些卡牌以及交易可能非常有趣但也令人兴奋的物品的激动感中跳脱出来。
And we really wanted to jump off of that feeling, those cards, and the excitement of, like, trading something that could be really funny, but also really exciting to have.
所以我们想到了经常交易的人,然后我们想,天啊。
So we thought about people who trade a lot, and we're like, oh my gosh.
体育交易。
Sports trading.
体育交易。
Sports trading.
你可以想象,我们的每个玩家都像是一个体育经纪人,或者一支球队在交易和引进优秀或糟糕的运动员。
You could imagine each of our players is a sports agent or a team trading and acquiring good and bad athletes.
好的。
Okay.
酷。
Cool.
但斯蒂芬妮说,爆炸小猫流程的一部分,就是问:更不那么直白的版本是什么?
But part of the exploding kittens process, Stephanie says, is then to ask, what is the less on the nose version?
更有趣、更富有幻想色彩,因为这可能帮助游戏在货架上脱颖而出。
Funnier, more whimsical, because that may help the game stand out on a big box shelf.
好的。
Okay.
不选运动员,要是换成怪咖吉祥物呢?
Instead of athletes, what if it's misfit mascots?
游戏的目标是交易不同的吉祥物,你希望打造出一支终极梦幻队伍。
And the goal of the game is that you're trading different mascots, and you want to, like, build this ultimate dream team.
斯蒂芬妮展示了一张屏幕,显示美术部门为各种产品设计并绘制了非常滑稽的吉祥物。
Stephanie pulls up a screen showing that the art department has invented and illustrated very silly mascots for all kinds of products.
番茄国王、肝狼小子、快乐罗杰、毛茸茸的发型。
King Ketchup, Liverwolf Lad, Jolly Roger, mop top.
他们就这样确定了第一个主题和名称:怪咖吉祥物。
And that is how they arrived at theme and name number one, Misfit Mascots.
太棒了。
Great.
好的。
Okay.
再来一遍。
Take two.
好的。
Okay.
斯蒂芬妮展示了一幅非常可爱的大脚怪插图。
Stephanie pulls up an illustration of, oh my gosh, a very cute Bigfoot.
给我介绍一下大脚怪。
Sell me a Sasquatch.
哦。
Oh.
嗯,是的。
Uh-huh.
这个点子,我们想,如果人们试图寻找和交易神秘生物或著名的魔法动物呢?
This one, we're like, what if people are trying to find and trade cryptids and or famous magical animals?
想象一下尼斯湖水怪、恰帕卡布拉和克拉肯。
Imagine Loch Ness monsters, Chupacabra, the Kraken.
这个想法是你作为一名生物收藏家,试图捕捉并组建最棒的魔法生物组合。
The idea is you're a creature collector trying to capture and assemble the best groups of magical creatures.
有道德地。
Ethically.
我们会以有道德的方式捕捉它们。
We would ethically capture them.
不用笼子。
No cages.
我确实感觉自己仿佛被魔法带回到了那个热爱大脚怪的小孩时代。
I did feel magically transported to being a little kid who loves Sasquatch.
我得承认。
I will admit.
它们太可爱了。
They were adorable.
但好吧。
But okay.
对。
Yeah.
最后,第三个选项。
Finally, option number three.
好的。
Okay.
下一个是一些同时也是汽车销售员的猫。
This next one is cats who are also car salesmen.
一些同时也是汽车销售员的猫。
Cats who are also car salesmen.
不过要说明清楚,不是指汽车,因为我们之前讨论过汽车问题。
Now to be clear, not cars because we talked about car problem.
这里的画面是穿着西装的猫,它们确实在做各种各样的工作,这点要明确。
The imagery here is cats in suits, and they are in fact doing all kinds of jobs, to be clear, these cats.
目标是成为最好的销售员。
The goal is to be the best salesman.
角色可以是股票交易员、汽车销售员、街头小贩以及其他著名的交易高手。
Characters can be stock traders, car salesmen, street vendors, and other famous deal traders.
但想象一下,不是人,而是猫在玩爆炸小猫。
But imagine it's cats instead of people exploding kittens.
让我们引入动物元素。
Let's bring animals into it.
我们逐渐意识到,我们显然已经进入了所谓的游戏销售艺术领域。
It is dawning on us that we clearly have entered, I guess, we'll call it the art of game selling.
比如,穿西装的猫会不会比戴王冠的番茄酱瓶卖得更好?
Like, will cats in suits sell better than ketchup bottles with crowns?
但我们完全不知道。
But I we have no idea.
我们该怎么知道这一点呢?
How are we supposed to know this?
是的
Yeah.
你知道,这真的处于探索阶段。
You know, this is really the explorational phase.
所以目前,这个过程的大部分是看哪些能行得通。
So right now, this part of the process is a lot of, seeing what sticks.
比如,这个感觉是对的。
Like, this one feels right.
这个在零售市场会非常、非常、非常有效。
This one will really, really, really work in retail.
我们正在试图捕捉那种感觉。
We're kind of looking to capture that feeling.
什么感觉是对的?
What feels right?
什么能行得通?
What sticks?
这些指标不适合我们的经济数据思维。
These are not metrics that work with our econ data brains.
就像有人给你一个食谱,却说:‘你会知道什么时候好了。’
It's like when someone tries to give you a recipe, and they say, oh, you'll you'll know when it's done.
不,不行。
Like, no.
告诉我需要多长时间、什么温度、以及各种材料的添加顺序。
Tell me how long and at what temperature and what order the things go in.
是的。
Yes.
这真的让人抓狂。
That is maddening.
我真的很讨厌这样。
I do hate that.
但,利用小猫的人说,这是对他们有效的方法。
But, exploiting kittens say this is the method that works for them.
他们说,这种方式对他们来说更好,而不是那种正式的企业焦点小组,那样可能会被太多数据淹没。
It's better, they say, for them than, like, a formal corporate focus group situation where you might drown in too much data.
对我来说,这听起来像是个好问题。
Sounds like a good problem to me.
但显然,他们的流程是让这三个想法先放一放,看看是否有什么能像那种挥之不去的洗脑歌曲一样,让你停不下来地想。
But, apparently, their process is to now just let these three ideas sit and see if anything ends up like one of those earworm songs that you just cannot stop thinking about.
就这样了。
And that's it.
这差不多就是我们结束会议时的情况。
That is pretty much where we left the meeting.
感谢你为这件事付出的所有努力。
Thank you for all the work you've put into this.
我非常期待看到更多进展。
I'm so excited to see more.
如果我们给你的反馈不是你想要的,那只是因为我们自己也不清楚该怎么做。
And our reactions are if we're not giving you the reactions you want, it's just because we don't know what we're doing.
不。
No.
没关系。
It's fine.
这很棒。
This is great.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
所以,相信这个过程吧,我想。
So trust the process, I guess.
相信这个过程。
Trust the process.
相信这个过程。
Trust the process.
我不知道你怎么样,艾丽卡,但我个人对这种所谓‘相信直觉’、‘跟着感觉走’的建议毫无准备,而我们被告知这可能是我们必须做出的最重要决定。
I don't know about you, Erica, but I, for one, was not prepared for all of this trust your gut, go on instinct business on what we had been told was possibly the most important decision we had to make.
贾米,很高兴再次见到你。
Jamie, great to see you again.
好久不见了。
It's been a long time.
我知道。
I know.
我也很高兴见到你。
Good to see you too.
你可能还记得游戏顾问贾米·威兰斯基。
You may remember game consultant Jamie Wilansky.
她是几个月前玩过我们游戏原型的人。
She's the person who months earlier played a prototype of our game.
她告诉我们我们有潜力,但也给了我们一个严峻的警告。
She told us we've got something here, but she gave us that dire warning.
你还记得我们在‘Yes’结束时你告诉我们的话吗?
Do you remember what you told us at the very end of our Yes.
会议?
Conference?
我记得我说过,标题和主题将会很重要。
Well, I remember saying that the title and the theme are going to matter.
你说过:‘选择正确的主题对于让游戏成功至关重要。’
You said, quote, picking the right theme is going to be critical to making it work.
重话。
Heavy words.
有力的话。
Strong words.
Jamie Wolansky 是大卖场零售领域的幕后专家,这就是为什么 Exploding Kittens 聘请她帮助将游戏打入大卖场。
Jamie Wolansky is the big box retail whisperer, and that is why Exploding Kittens hires her to help get their games into big box stores.
事实上,当我们打电话给她讨论名称和主题时,她正在洛杉矶的 Exploding Kitten 办公室访问。
In fact, she was visiting Exploding Kitten's office in Los Angeles when we called her up to talk about name and theme.
我的意思是,最明显的问题是,这为什么重要?
I mean, the most obvious question is why does it matter?
比如,如果我们有一个超棒的游戏,为什么主题和名字这么关键?
Like, if we have a killer game, why does why do the theme and the name matter so much?
因为你面对的是货架上数百款其他游戏的竞争。
Well, you're competing against hundreds of other games on the shelf.
当顾客或客人走到货架前,想为游戏之夜选一款游戏时,你只有短短三秒钟的时间,让这个人决定拿起盒子、翻过来看一看、多了解一点,然后带回家。
And when a guest or a customer comes up to the shelf to choose a game to play at that game night, you have literally three seconds to get that person to decide to pick up that box, flip it over, learn a little bit more about it, and take it home.
三秒钟是科学数据吗?你们做过相关研究吗?
Is three seconds like a science like, have you done research on this?
你知道,就是三秒钟。
You know there's three seconds.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
这相当精确啊,杰米。
That was pretty precise, Jamie.
我想我们都这么说,也许我这就把藏宝图交出来了。
Well, I think we all say this, and maybe I'm giving away the keys to the castle.
但在零售业,我们常说有三英尺和三秒钟的时间来促成消费者购买。
But in retail, we say we have three feet and three seconds to make a consumer purchase.
你离产品有三英尺远,必须在三秒钟内让顾客决定拿起它、多了解一些,或干脆直接买下。
You're three feet away from the product, and you have three seconds to make that person decide to pick it up, learn more about it, or decide to just blindly buy it.
所以对杰米来说,主题、设计和标题的问题,全都是围绕这三英尺和三秒钟展开的。
So for Jamie, the question of theming and design and title is all about that three feet and three seconds.
当你靠近时,我们的游戏能否迅速激起顾客的好奇心?
When you get close, does our game very quickly pique the customer's curiosity somehow?
在所有那些‘相信直觉、使用原力’之类的说法中,杰米为我们带来了一片难得的、清晰的数字绿洲,因为她提出我们可以试着理性分析这个问题。
And and here, amidst all the trust your gut, use the force Luke stuff, Jamie brings us a sweet, sweet numerical oasis because she says we can try to reason through this a bit.
那么,什么能激起大盒游戏顾客的好奇心?
So what will peak a big box customer's curiosity?
那么,这位顾客是谁呢?
Well, who is that customer?
我们应该问一问。
We should ask.
进入这些大型零售店的首要消费者通常是28到44岁之间的千禧一代女性,她们掌控着家庭的消费支出。
The number one consumer that walks into these big boxes are generally millennial women, probably who are who are owning the household purchasing dollars who are between the ages of 28 and 44.
这就是你的核心客户群。
So that's your core customer.
我们的核心客户其实就是你,艾丽卡。
Our core customer is it is basically you, Erica.
你就是核心客户。
You are the core customer.
就是我。
It's me.
我感觉被理解了。
I feel seen.
是的。
Yep.
那就是我。
That's me.
至少,我也有一点像。
At least, it's also me a little bit.
因此,有数据表明,人们去大型零售店购买游戏主要有两个原因。
So there is data supporting the fact that people go into a big box retailer to buy games for two reasons.
第一,为了当晚与朋友或家人一起玩。
One, for game night that night with their friends or family.
当晚。
That night.
当晚。
That night.
哦,不会吧。
Oh, no.
我安排了游戏之夜。
I've scheduled game night.
我忘记了。
I forgot.
我没有游戏。
I don't have a game.
没错。
That's right.
他们想玩点新的。
They wanna play something new.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
当然。
Sure.
这样就更说得通了。
That makes that makes more sense.
所以他们那晚买游戏,是为了当晚和朋友或家人一起玩,或者作为送给别人的礼物。
So a game to that they buy that night to play that night with their friends or family or as a gift for someone else.
这两种是他们前来购买的主要原因。
Those are the two main reasons they come in.
所以千禧一代送礼物、为老式游戏夜增添新意,这对我们来说是个小小的震撼。
So millennials giving gifts, spicing up the old game night, this was a bit of a revelation for us.
是的。
Yeah.
为了回溯一下,在我们和《爆炸猫》团队开了那场关于三个主题和名称的大会议后,我们试着相信流程,让选择自然沉淀。
And just to step back for a second, after we had that big meeting with the exploding kittens with their three themes and names, we tried to trust the process to let the choices percolate.
但这种反数据驱动的流程,根本行不通。
But that anti data driven process, it just doesn't work.
不对。
No.
不,它完全奏效了。
No, it totally worked.
当然
Of course
确实如此。
it did.
他们知道自己在做什么。
They know what they're doing.
几周后,正如他们所预测的那样,爆炸猫咪的一个主题和名称开始在我们和爆炸猫咪团队中脱颖而出。
After a few weeks, just as they'd predicted, one of Exploding Kittens' themes and titles did start to stand out for us, but for the Exploding Kittens team as well.
这是一个我们都喜欢说的名字,我们忍不住想告诉家人和朋友,而且一直念念不忘。
It was a name that we all just liked saying, like we wanted to tell our family and friends about and just couldn't stop thinking about.
这是一个让人觉得非常有趣、愿意沉浸其中的主题。
It was a theme that just felt fun to spend time inside.
我无法解释为什么。
I can't defend it.
这只是直觉。
It was just instinct.
那个主题和名字是,鼓掌欢迎,卖我一个大脚怪。
That theme and that name was, drum roll, please, sell me a sasquatch.
哦,那就是大脚怪的声音吗?
Oh, is that the sound sasquatch?
你得到一个大脚怪,你再得到一个大脚怪。
You get a sasquatch, and you get a sasquatch.
是的。
Yes.
卖我一个大脚怪。
Sell me a sasquatch.
我们特别喜欢这个。
We loved it.
我不知道该说什么。
I don't know what to say.
直到我们和杰米聊过之后,我才意识到‘卖我一个大脚怪’还有其他特别之处,因为与其他搞笑吉祥物、猫有工作之类的主题不同,‘卖我一个大脚怪’有一种说不清道不明的特别之处。
And until we talked to Jamie, it had not occurred to me there was something else special about sell me a Sasquatch because unlike the theme that was funny mascots or the one where cats had jobs or whatever, there was something about sell me a sasquatch I hadn't quite been able to put my finger on.
展开剩余字幕(还有 438 条)
是的。
Yes.
就是这个。
That was it.
‘卖我一个大脚怪’这个主题直击我心中的《X档案》情怀。
Sell me a sasquatch was hitting me right in the old x files.
啊,对。
Ah, yes.
那是上世纪九十年代风靡一时、有数千万观众观看的超自然题材热门电视剧。
The breakout TV show about paranormal things viewed by tens of millions of people back in the nineties.
你怀疑什么?
And you suspect what?
大脚怪?
Bigfoot?
天哪,这会是一次很棒的森林之旅。
Golly, it'll be a nice trip to the forest.
《卖我一只大脚怪》是一款让你与家人和神秘生物共度夜晚的游戏。
Sell Me a Sasquatch, a game where you spend an evening with family and mysterious creatures.
这简直像一把手术刀,精准地戳中了我这个资深千禧一代的心——周日晚上和爸爸一起安心观看恐怖的《X档案》故事。
That was surgical nostalgia right to my elder millennial heart to Sunday evening with dad safely watching spooky X Files stories.
或者,你可能是那些八十年代被NBC的《未解之谜》吓坏的数百万孩子之一。
Or maybe you were one of the millions of eighties kids traumatized by NBC's unsolved mysteries.
大脚怪是真的吗?
Is Bigfoot real?
这是一场精心策划的长期骗局。
An elaborate ongoing hoax.
在八九十年代,我们愿意相信。
We wanted to believe in the eighties and nineties.
你看。
And look.
也许我们只是在这场疯狂的《爆炸小猫》过程中,试图寻找一丝逻辑。
Maybe we're just grasping for logic inside this wild exploding kittens process.
但如果走进大型百货商店的核心客户是千禧一代,我们不妨选择一个能触动他们八九十年代情怀的主题和名字。
But if the core customers walking into Big Box are millennials, we could do worse than picking a theme and a name that might cut to their eighties and nineties hearts.
这一切归结为店内三英尺和三秒钟的直觉反应——对名字和主题的本能感受。
It all comes down to three feet and three seconds inside a store, a gut reaction to a name and a theme.
那么Jamie对我们的直觉反应会是什么?
So what would Jamie's gut reaction be to ours?
好吧。
Okay.
这是我们在《爆炸猫咪》团队的想法。
So here's what we in Exploding Kittens are thinking.
艾丽卡?
Erica?
它将被命名为《卖我一个大脚怪》。
It's gonna be called sell me a Sasquatch.
卖我一个大脚怪?
Sell me a sasquatch?
是的
Yeah.
好的
Okay.
回听一遍,听起来好像Jamie讨厌这个点子,但她的表情并不这么认为。
Listening back, it does sound a little like Jamie hates this idea, but her face does not say that.
她看起来只是不确定,而不是讨厌。
She seems unsure, not hateful.
只是,让我消化一下这个想法。
Just, like, me process this.
她是个善于思考的人。
She's a thinker.
让我再试一次。
Let me do this again.
Sell me a sasquatch.
Sell me a sasquatch.
把我卖一只大脚怪。
Sell me a sasquatch.
它可爱吗?
Is it cute?
我们还不知道它有多可爱,对
We don't know how cute it is yet, do
吧?
we?
当然
Of
了。
course.
好吧。
Okay.
它非常可爱。
It's very cute.
它非常可爱。
It's very cute.
是的。
Yes.
事实上,Exploding Kittens 已经设计了一些封面图。
In fact, Exploding Kittens had mocked up some cover art.
想象一下一台自动售货机,里面塞着一只非常甜美、非常可爱的野人,紧贴着玻璃。
So picture a vending machine, and jammed inside, pressed up against the glass is a very sweet, very cute Sasquatch.
对。
Yes.
一只准备出售的可爱野人。
A cute Sasquatch ready to be sold.
好。
Yeah.
我会说野人、大脚怪、雪人,不管我们想怎么称呼它
And I would say Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, whatever we wanna call that
是的
Yep.
老朋友现在正流行,非常火爆。
Old buddy, is trending and super hot right now.
这正是我们所期望的。
That's what we're hoping.
所以我们那个是
So we that's
这就是我们的想法。
what we're thinking.
太棒了。
Love that.
我觉得你对这里的趋势把握得非常准。
I think you're right on the money with with the trend here.
显然,Jamie 对这类事情的了解比我们更深入。
Obviously, Jamie would know that kind of thing better than we do.
但我要说,如果你仔细看谷歌趋势中关于大脚怪的数据,过去六年里搜索量似乎一直在上升。
But I will say, if you squint at Google Trends for Sasquatch, it kinda looks like searches have been on the rise over the last half dozen years.
如果我可以补充一个具体的数据点,我侄子非常痴迷大脚怪,圣诞节想要大脚怪礼物,我觉得他这个五岁孩子简直就是潮流引领者。
And, if I may add one hard data point, my nephew is very into Sasquatch, Sasquatch gifts for Christmas, and I do consider him a five year old, trendsetter.
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
Sure.
当然。
Sure.
是的。
Yeah.
给我推销一下大脚怪。
Sell me a Sasquatch.
是的。
Yeah.
他很有节奏感。
He has a good rhythm.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
那么,在‘肯定卖得出去’到‘别这么叫’这个尺度上,你对‘卖一只大脚怪’这个想法打几分?
So on a scale of sure thing to don't call it that, where are you on sell me a sasquatch?
全垒打。
Home run.
我大概给九分。
I'm probably at a nine on this
一分。
one.
哇哦。
Woah.
我们能加一个精灵进去吗?
Can we add a fairy in there?
我总觉得
I do feel like
那里有个精灵。
There's a fairy.
那边麦克风没开,你可以听到来自《爆炸猫咪》的凯莉·沃皮莱克的发言。
Off mic there, you can hear Kelly Vopilek, from Exploding Kittens weigh in.
事实上,游戏中确实有一个精灵。
In fact, there is a fairy in the game.
没错。
That's right.
看到了吧?
See?
好的。
Okay.
伙计们,完美了。
Guys, nailed it.
我们刚刚达到了十分满分。
We just went to a 10 out of 10.
哇哦。
Woah.
我的意思是,你看。
I mean, look.
我不会假装完全理解,但Jamie知道人们想要什么,或者更重要的是,大公司想要什么,我想。
I won't pretend to fully understand it, but Jamie knows what the people want or more importantly, what Big Box wants, I guess.
这真的太棒了。
This is really great.
这很棒。
This is great.
这很棒。
This is great.
我们当时感觉,关于确定我们的名字和主题,并把我们的游艇变成一副骰子游戏,已经好得不能再好了。
We were feeling about as good as we could possibly feel about cracking our name and our theme and turning our yacht into a Yahtzee.
就在那时
And that is when
让我们来谈谈几个月前我们都基本同意的事吧:向我推销一个大脚怪。
So let's let's talk about what we all kind of agreed on a few months ago, which was sell me a Sasquatch.
来自《爆炸猫咪》的埃兰·李和索尔·里茨又召集了一次会议。
Elan Lee and Thor Ritz from Exploding Kittens called another meeting.
我依然非常喜欢这个名字和这个主题。
I still really love that name and that theme.
哎呀。
Uh-oh.
我们在与国际团队的协作上遇到了一些问题。
We ran into a problem with, mostly with the international teams.
什么?
What?
他们不知道萨斯奎奇是什么。
They don't know what a Sasquatch is.
等一下。
Hold on.
是的。
Yeah.
等一下。
Hold on.
对。
Yeah.
欧洲没有萨斯奎奇。
They don't have Sasquatches in Europe.
他说,欧洲根本没有萨斯奎奇。
They do not have Sasquatches in Europe, he says.
多少
How much
说吧。
Go ahead.
我们预计国际观众会购买多少呢?我是说,大概有多少?
How much of our, like what are we expecting, like, the international audience to buy?
你知道的。
Like, you know?
是的。
Yeah.
通常占销售额的20%左右。
It's it's typically about 20% of sales.
不。
No.
不是这样的。
That's not it.
好吧。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
这可不是小事。
That's not nothing.
你确定他们不知道雪人吗?
Are you sure they don't know about the Yeti?
我的意思是,我不确定他们是否不知道雪人,但给我卖一个雪人吧。
I mean, I'm not sure they don't know about the Yeti, but sell me a Yeti No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
卖得没那么好。
Didn't roll off as well.
嗯,是的。
Well, yes.
你得发挥创意。
You gotta you have to be creative.
但要是给我一个雪人呢?
But what about, like, yeet me a Yeti?
就像扔
Like, throw
给我一个雪人。
me a Yeti.
他们可能不知道‘yeet’这个词。
They probably don't know about yeet.
他们可能不知道‘yeet’这个词。
They probably don't know about yeet.
对。
Yeah.
我觉得你引入了一个全新的问题。
I think you've you've introduced a whole new problem.
所以,像尼斯湖水怪是否为人所知之类的,其实并不重要。
So so it doesn't matter that, like, the Loch Ness monster would be known or whatever.
是因为我们太强调‘大脚怪’这个标题,所以会搞砸整个项目吗?
It's because we are so heavy on the title Sasquatch that was gonna tank the whole thing?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
因为我们必须要么把‘Sasquatch’这个词翻译成别的,但那样游戏的名字就不对了。
Because we would have to either translate the word Sasquatch to something else, and then suddenly the game doesn't have the right name.
好吧。
Okay.
或者我们就保留英文原词,让别人一脸困惑地说:我不懂这个词是什么意思。
Or we'd have to leave that in English and just let people scratch their heads and say, I don't know what that word is.
我不会念这个单词。
I can't pronounce it.
它非常、非常难念,
It's very, very difficult,
所以我打算跳到下一个游戏了。
and I'm gonna move on to the next game.
广告结束后,我们会变得很惨,但情况会好转,以及如何让你的想法进入《Planet Money》游戏。
After the break, we are miserable, but it gets better and how you can get your idea into the Planet Money game.
我听说过你很多事,但你还是给自己做个自我介绍吧。
I have heard a lot about you, but I'm gonna have you just, like, introduce yourself to us.
我是尤里·霍斯特。
So I'm Yuri Hoster.
我和我的团队负责爆炸小猫所有北美以外的国际业务。
My team and I manage all of the international business for exploding kittens, so anything outside of North America.
而且很精彩。
And Exciting.
尤里·奥。
Yuri Oh.
你以前从来没听说过大脚怪吗?
Have you never heard of a Sasquatch before?
真的吗?
For real?
我听说过。
I have
听说过。
heard of it.
听说过。
I have heard of it.
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Definitely.
但我对欧洲其他地方的人不太确定,所以我们正在考虑稍微调整一下策略。
I but I'm not sure so sure about all the other people in Europe, so that's why we're thinking we might, need to switch it up a bit.
嗯。
Uh-huh.
尤里·霍斯塔表示,目前国际业务实际上占了‘爆炸小猫’销量的30%左右,并且还在增长。
Juri Hosta says that international business is actually more like 30% of exploding kitten sales at this point and growing.
是的。
Yeah.
但并非所有地区都一样,尤里发现不同国家的玩家对‘爆炸小猫’游戏有不同的偏好。
But nonmonolithically, Yuri has seen different Exploding Kittens games take hold in different countries, different preferences.
比如,法国明显更偏向卡牌游戏市场,玩家通常喜欢规则更丰富、更复杂的版本。
France, for instance, is definitely more of a card game market and, is often looking for a bit more layered and complex rules.
我当时翻了个白眼。
I was rolling my eyes.
抱歉,弗朗斯。
Sorry, Frans.
西班牙和意大利可能看起来是更有活力的市场。
Spain and Italy maybe seems more dynamic place.
例如,我们的投掷卷饼系列在这些市场比欧洲其他许多市场表现更好。
So for instance, our throw throw burrito range does better in those markets than many other markets in Europe.
意思是,那种互相扔泡沫卷饼的游戏在意大利人和西班牙人中特别受欢迎。
Meaning, the game where you throw a foam burrito at each other is specifically popular with the Italians and Spaniards.
是的。
Yeah.
而那种想象自己是个糟糕的心理治疗师的游戏在德国表现不错。
And then the game where you imagine being a horrible therapist has been doing well in Germany.
在其他几个市场,它目前的业绩还不太理想。
And there are several other markets where it doesn't perform as well yet.
有意思。
Interesting.
显然,奥地利是弗洛伊德的故乡。
Obviously, Austria is where Freud is from.
你知道,治疗,弗洛伊德。
You know, therapy, Freud.
很有趣的是,你提到这一点,因为就在我们宣布上线后的两周内,弗洛伊德博物馆就联系我们,问他们是否能在礼品店出售这个游戏。
It's funny that you mentioned that, but I because I think, like, within two weeks of us announcing the launch, we were contacted by the Freud Museum asking if they could sell it in their gift shop.
是的。
Yeah.
但好吧。
But okay.
这个尚未命名的《Planet Money》游戏。
The now untitled planet money game.
真的值得为欧洲重新思考整个名字吗?
Is it really worth rethinking the whole name for Europe?
尤里说,这确实值得认真对待。
Well, Yuri says, there is reason to take this seriously.
所以我认为,总体而言,我们的期望值相当高。
So I think overall, our expectations are quite high.
在德国,有一个叫Spiel的游戏展会。
We so in in Germany, there's this game fair called Spiel.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
每年举办。
Place every year
在埃森。
in Essen.
规模巨大。
Gigantic.
没错。
Exactly.
所以今年十月,我们确实把游戏带到了那里,反响相当不错。
So we did we did have the game there this year in October, and it was actually quite well well received.
好的。
Alright.
这个游戏我们不会互相扔东西。
We're not throwing anything at each other with this game.
那么意大利人和西班牙人会不喜欢它吗?
So are the Italians and Spaniards gonna not like it?
不会。
No.
我觉得他们会
I think they'll
喜欢它,因为这是一款卡牌游戏,而且有点复杂?
to like it because it's a card game and it's a little complex?
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得他们会喜欢的。
I think they will.
所有这些市场都表示支持。
All of those markets were were on board.
显然,最终我们选择的主题会极大地影响结果。
Obviously, a lot will be influenced by the theme that we ultimately picked.
所以,希望我们能取得一些良好进展,并敲定某个方案。
So, hopefully, we'll be able to make, make some good progress and lock something down.
现在我们应该说,在美国和欧洲用两个不同的名称发布游戏并不罕见。
Now we should say it's not unheard of to launch a game in The US and Europe with two different names.
但这也不是什么好事。
It's also not great either.
这会大大拖慢欧洲的进度。
It would slow things way down in Europe.
这显然需要完全重做所有美术设计和命名,并需要完全独立的工厂设置或其他安排。
It would obviously require completely redoing all of the art and the naming and require a completely separate factory setup or whatever.
这是可能的。
It's possible.
但无论如何,让我们播放悲伤的蒙太奇音乐吧,因为我们花了很长时间试图想出一个全新的标题和主题。
But regardless, let's queue the sad montage music because we spent forever trying to come up with a whole new title and theme.
好的。
Okay.
闭上眼睛。
Close your eyes.
求求你,是个奇帕卡布拉吧。
Please be a chupacabra.
求求你,是个标本化的奇帕卡布拉吧。
Please be a taxidermy chupacabra.
一个能在美洲和欧洲都适用的东西。
Something that would work for both America and Europe.
首先,爆炸猫咪团队回来告诉我们,大概是搞了个以交换商店为主题的概念?
And first, Exploding Kittens came back to us with, I guess it was like a swap shop theme?
卖给我一个蠢东西吧。
Sell me something stupid.
好的。
Okay.
想象你正在一个跳蚤市场。
Imagine you are at a swap meet.
但就像是有史以来最疯狂、最疯狂的跳蚤市场。
But just like the craziest, most insane swap meet ever.
而你们互相交易的物品,都是你所能想象到的最古怪的垃圾。
And the items you trade each other are just like the wackiest junk you could imagine.
我们有一只长着人类手臂的狗。
We have a dog with human arms.
哦,
Oh,
这个我实在想不出来。
I'm so out on that one.
我们还有一棵仙人掌,脖子上挂着一块牌子,写着‘免费拥抱’。
We have a cactus with a sign hanging around it called free hugs.
很可爱。
Cute.
这个仙人掌
This cactus
非常傻气。
is very silly.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我们有一个情侣马桶。
We have a couple's toilet.
我正在看的就是这个。
That's what I'm looking at.
它藏在心形的床单里。
It's in the sheets of a heart.
我所想过的最恶心的事情。
The grossest thing I've ever thought of.
那真是
That is
太棒了。
so marvelous.
厕所就算了,而且我不知道,一堆随机物品,根本就没人需要了。
Hard pass, on the toilet, but also, I don't know, a bunch of random objects just it just, like, wasn't a market for anything anymore.
感觉很不对劲。
It felt wrong.
好吧。
Alright.
行了。
Okay.
你想听我的反馈吗?
Do you want my feedback?
是的
Yeah.
对
Yes.
在这个领域里,我太天真了。
I'm so naive in this space.
对吧?
Right?
我不知道什么重要,什么不重要。
I don't know what matters and doesn't matter.
但基本的矛盾是,你正把这件事往能卖更多拷贝的方向推,说得客气点。
But the basic tension is you're pulling this towards something that will sell copies, to put it nicely.
而我们,我想,不是这样。
And we're not, I guess.
我觉得这种张力之所以有趣,是因为我们希望能找到一个对我们双方来说都很特别的中间点。
And I think part of the reason this tension is is interesting is because, hopefully, we're gonna find something that's really oddly in the middle for both of us.
我认为那就是正确的地方。
And I I think that will be the right place.
比如,也许有人在本次会议中已经提到了,只是我们还没意识到。
Like, maybe somebody even said it in this meeting, and we just didn't realize it yet.
我说过。
I did.
我确实说过,那就是‘卖我一个大脚怪’。
I did say it, and it was sell me a Sasquatch.
我们都说过。
We've all said it.
我们到底在做什么?
What are we doing?
埃隆同意给我们一点支持,真正尝试让汽车运转起来。
Elon agreed to throw us a bone and actually try and make cars work.
我们已经问过无数次了。
We'd asked a million times.
他说他会试试看。
He said he'd give it a whirl.
实际上,你们许多听众已经提前窥见了这一点。
And actually, a bunch of you listeners, you got a little sneak peek at this.
好的。
Alright.
是的。
Yeah.
大家都准备好了吗?
Everybody ready?
我的白板上写满了汽车主题的点子。
Are you My whiteboard here is filled with car theme ideas.
我们举办了一场线上活动,讨论我们游戏的制作过程,阿隆向大家承认,他很难为我们的项目想出一个合适的汽车主题。
We held an online event to talk about the making of our game, and Alon admitted to you all that he was struggling to come up with a good car theme for us.
好的。
Okay.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
油箱见底了。
Running on empty.
好多柠檬。
A lot of lemons.
他提出了许多可能的游戏标题,让大家一起讨论。
He presented a bunch of his possible game titles for everyone to weigh in on.
讨价还价。
Wheeling and dealing.
哦,这挺可爱的。
Oh, that's cute.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你看我
See what I
做得怎么样?
did there?
嗯嗯。
Uh-huh.
安息吧,锈迹。
Rust in peace.
我还要继续。
I'm gonna keep going.
好的。
Okay.
这很公平。
That's fair.
买,卖,后悔。
Buy, sell, regret.
不。
No.
听众们,你们确实让他知道那些名字并不好。
And listeners, you sure let him know that they were not good names.
好的。
Okay.
准备好听另一个爸爸笑话了吗?
Ready for another dad joke?
嗯。
Mhmm.
垃圾车。
Dumpster Drive.
嗯。
Mhmm.
不。
No.
没什么。
Nothing.
好吧。
Alright.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
欢迎来到我们的会议常态。
Welcome to what our meetings are like.
我们分享想法。
We share ideas.
评论里说,非常抱歉,埃隆。
The comments, it says, I'm so sorry, Elon.
那些全是垃圾。
Those are all trash.
不可能。
No way.
太完美了。
So perfect.
经过数周甚至数月的碰壁、爆炸小猫,他们终于又把我们叫了回去。
After weeks and weeks and weeks of bashing our heads against the wall, exploding kittens, they called us back.
大家好。
Hey, everybody.
你好。
Hello.
我想我们应该谈谈主题设计。
I think we wanna talk about theming.
对吧?
Correct?
这可以说是那个真正价值百万美元的问题,我觉得。
Sort of the million literally the million dollar question, I think.
是的。
Yeah.
literally
Literally.
我们的目标仍然是试图让这个产品在明年圣诞节前上架吗?
Is our goal still to try to get this thing on shelves for next Christmas?
明年七月。
Next July.
所以如果我们想在明年圣诞节前上市,我们必须在2026年7月前完成。
So if we wanna be in for Christmas next year, we need to be in by July 2026.
这就是我们的想法。
That's the idea.
是的。
Yeah.
我之前没意识到我们是以这个时间表在推进的。
I I did not realize that's the timeline we were working on.
欢迎来到游戏世界的奇妙之旅。
Welcome to the wonderful world of games.
是的。
Yeah.
今天原本是这个游戏的截止日期。
So today was originally the the due date for this game.
我们希望走出这次会议时,所有人都手拉手,就主题和标题达成一致。
We would love to walk out of this meeting all holding hands and agreeing on a theme and a title.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
那么,话虽如此,今天我们将会向你们提出一个主题。
So with that said, we're gonna present one theme to you today.
只有一个。
Only one.
好的。
Okay.
为了明确一下,你的意思是希望我们同意你即将提出的这个方案,如果我们不同意,就有进一步延误进度、错过明年圣诞节的风险。
Should we So just to be clear, you're saying you want us to say yes to the one thing you're about to present, And if we don't, we run the risk of starting to fall even further behind schedule and miss Christmas next year.
没有压力。
No pressure.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
好的。
Okay.
让我们先看看这个方案到底是什么。
Let's let's just see what let's see what this is.
好的。
Alright.
斯蒂芬,我猜下一张幻灯片会把一切都展示出来。
Steph, I assume the next slide gives everything away.
不。
No.
我的心脏真的在剧烈跳动,因为我非常紧张,担心我们可能无法做到。
My my heart is genuinely thumping out of my chest because of how nervous I am that we may not okay.
好吧,斯蒂芬,你开始吧。
Well, go ahead, Steph.
按下按钮。
Hit the button.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
我们是怎么走到这一步的?
How did we end up here?
知道。
Know.
你关心欧洲市场吗?
Care about the European market?
这就是正在发生的事吗?
Is that what's going on?
所以,这里我们有‘卖给我一个大脚怪’。
So here we have Sell Me a Sasquatch.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
而且
And
是的。
yeah.
这是我们所做的。
So here's what we did.
我们想出了另外四亿个标题。
We like, we came up with 400,000,000 other titles.
嗯。
Uh-huh.
我们向你们推荐了一些,也向大型零售商推荐了一些。
And we pitched some of them to you, and we pitched some of them to giant retailers.
每个人都回来对我们说,是的,是的,是的,不错,但你们至少得给我们一个比《卖给我一个大脚怪》更好的名字。
And everyone kept coming back to us with like, yeah, yeah, yeah, great, but you've got to at least give us something better than sell me a Sasquatch.
但我们就是做不到。
And we just couldn't.
每个人都爱上了他的名字,包括我们团队。
Everyone has fallen in love with his name, including our team.
但反对意见当然总是来自国际市场。
But the pushback, of course, was always international.
Sasquatch 是一个无法翻译的词。
Sasquatch is not a translatable word.
最后,我们想,你知道吗?
And finally, we thought, you know what?
管他们呢。
Screw them.
我们就直接用
Just need to go for it with
我们最好的名字,
the best name we have,
他们总会接受的。
and they'll just deal.
他们总会找到解决办法的。
They'll just figure out a solve.
这是他们的问题,不是我们的。
It's their problem, not ours.
这某种程度上是我们的问题,但主要是他们的,而我们非常喜欢这个。
It's sort of our problem, but it's mostly their problem, and we love this so much.
对不起,欧洲。
Sorry, Europe.
看来我们有一个美国版和一个欧洲版。
Looks like we have an American edition and a European edition.
而且,显然欧洲人把‘爆炸小猫’定型为一家搞笑动物公司。
And, apparently, the Europeans have really pigeonholed exploding kittens as the funny animal company.
所以,我不知道。
So, I don't know.
也许可爱动物是尤里告诉我们的。
Maybe cute animals is what Yuri told us.
他会想出办法的。
He'll figure it out.
但在这里,美国,星球金钱游戏是卖给我一个大脚怪。
But here in The United States Of America, the planet money game is sell me a sasquatch.
而我们就在这里。
And here we are.
凯莉,我们拿到网址了吗?
Kelly, have we have we grabbed the URL yet?
斯蒂芬,你知道吗?
Steph, do you know?
我不确定。
I'm not sure.
我得去
I'd have to
问一下项目经理,但不行。
ask the project manager, but So No.
还没。
Not yet.
我们本来希望先得到你的认可。
We were we were hoping for your blessings first.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我们去把它们全都抓过来吧。
Let's go grab go grab go grab all of them.
是的。
Yeah.
卖我一个大脚怪.com。
Sell me a sasquatch.com.
给我一个联系方式。
Give me a reach.
别,实际上,别开始搜索它。
Don't so actually, don't start searching for it.
哦,因为这会显示出来,哦,抱歉。
Oh, because it'll, like, show oh, Sorry.
不。
No.
不。
No.
没关系。
It's okay.
没关系。
It's okay.
没关系。
It's okay.
没事的。
It's alright.
我们应该刚刚增加了多少
We should How much did we just increase
那个网址的价格是多少?
the price of that URL?
我们可能不。
We we might No.
我们会,它不会太糟。
It's we it won't be bad.
如果你希望我去找个雪人,我很乐意。
If you want me to grab eat me a yeti, I'll I'll happy to
我也做这个。
do that too.
是的,请。
Yes, please.
是的。
Yes.
以防国际市场上喜欢它。
Just in case the international market loves it.
所以,去把它拿过来。
So, yeah, grab that.
这是宝藏。
That's gold.
现在是你最重要的部分。
And now the most important part for you.
对。
Yes.
你现在正在听。
You listening right now.
我们需要为《Sell Me a Sasquatch》准备很多生物。
We are gonna need so many creatures for Sell Me a Sasquatch.
听好了。
Listen.
我们已经涵盖了经典的神秘生物。
We've got the classic cryptids covered.
你们的大脚怪、尼斯湖水怪,不管你怎么叫它们。
Your Bigfoots, your Loch Ness monsters, however you'd say that.
我们还准备了一些更富趣味性的魔法生物。
We've also got some more playful magical creatures.
我们有牙仙和金鹅。
We have a tooth fairy, a golden goose.
但我们需要你们在家做两件事。
But we need two things from you all at home.
第一,你们当地有没有什么传说中的神秘生物是我们必须知道的?
Number one, do you have a local legendary cryptid that we must know about?
对我来说,就是宾夕法尼亚州米德维尔的猪人。
For me, it's the pig people of Meadville, Pennsylvania.
我知道你们正在听这个《爆炸猫咪》。
I know you're listening to this Exploding Kittens.
但我还没在游戏原型里看到过米德维尔的猪人。
I still haven't seen a Meadville pig person in the game mock up.
所以我就说一下。
So just saying.
但我们也需要一些符合《星球货币》风格的创意点子,比如带有经济学元素的虚构生物。
But also, we need creative ideas that fit into the planet money wheelhouse, like invented creatures with an economics twist.
比如托克西,那个有毒资产,一只真正的黑天鹅,一只悲伤而缓慢的鹿,你知道的,滞胀。
So Toxie, the toxic asset, a literal black swan, a sad, very slow deer, you know, stagflation.
很难超越滞胀。
Tough to beat stagflation.
去 planetmoneygame.com,网站上有一篇帖子,可以下载最新的可玩原型,还有提交你创意生物的表单。
Go to planetmoneygame.com, and there's a post there to download the latest playable prototype plus a form to submit your creature ideas.
我们会发布几张卡片图片在网站上作为灵感参考,planetmoneygame.com。
We'll post a couple images of cards on the site for inspiration, planetmoneygame.com.
赶紧行动。
And make haste.
截止窗口将在本月底关闭。
The window closes at the end of this month.
访问 planetmoneygame.com,谢谢。
Planetmoneygame.com, and thank you.
你们所有人真正地、真正地是我们心中的大脚怪。
You are all truly, truly the Sasquatches in our hearts.
这样好吗?
Is that nice?
你们是最棒的。
You're the best.
这就是我们
That's what we
需要说的。
need to say.
这个
This
《Planet Money》本期节目由詹姆斯·尼德制作,玛丽·安·麦库恩剪辑。
episode of Planet Money was produced by James Need and edited by Mary Anne McCune.
本集由威尔拉·鲁宾进行事实核查,由西娜·洛弗雷多和奎西·李负责音效制作。
It was fact checked by Willa Rubin and engineered by Sina Lofredo and Kwesi Lee.
亚历克斯·戈德马克是我们节目的执行制片人。
Alex Goldmark is our executive producer.
我是肯尼·马隆。
I'm Kenny Malone.
我是艾丽卡·巴里斯。
And I'm Erica Barris.
这是NPR。
This is NPR.
感谢收听。
Thanks for listening.
嘿,艾丽卡。
Hey, Erica.
你介意吗?你能把你手里那只大脚怪卖给我吗?
Do you mind will you just would you sell me that sasquatch over there in your hand?
我这儿有一个,但我不确定我是否准备好放手了。
I I've got one here, but I don't know if I'm ready to give it up.
他还是会试着做那个东西来发出大脚怪的声音。
He's still gonna try to that thing to make sasquatch noises.
天哪。
Oh my god.
这正是我另一个想买个大脚怪的原因。
That's the other reason I, like, sell me a sasquatch.
这完全让我想起了丘巴卡。
It's totally Chewbacca ing me.
有意思。
Interesting.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。