本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
欢迎收听《Claribus》官方播客,这是一档与剧集幕后主创和演员们深入探讨Apple TV剧集制作过程的内部对话节目。
Welcome to Claribus, the official podcast, an intimate insider conversation about the making of the Apple TV series with the cast and creators behind the show.
我是克里斯·米卡拉布。
My name is Chris Michalab.
我是《Pluribus》的编辑之一,也是这档播客的主持人。
I'm one of the editors of Pluribus and the host of this podcast.
如果
If
这是
this is
你第一次收听本播客,这不是一档剧情回顾节目。
your first time tuning in to the podcast, this is not a recap show.
更像是关于每集制作过程的自由即兴、无剧本的圆桌讨论。
It's more like a freewheeling, unscripted unscripted roundtable discussion about the making of each episode.
如果你还没看本周的剧集,我强烈建议你先观看再收听,因为我们会讨论所有细节。
And if you haven't watched this week's episode, I strongly encourage you to do so before listening because we'll be talking about everything.
本期播客讨论的是第103集,标题为《手榴弹》,由戈登·史密斯编剧并执导。
This podcast is about episode one zero three, and the title is grenade, written and directed by Gordon Smith.
本集开场是卡罗尔和海伦在挪威冰酒店的闪回场景,接着延续了我们上次的剧情。
Now this episode starts with a flashback of Carol and Helen at an ice hotel in Norway and then picks back up where we left off.
卡罗尔从西班牙飞回家,她的峰会之行并不顺利,但她并非独自一人。
Carol flying home from Spain after her not so successful summit, but she's not alone.
佐西亚现在又和她同行了。
Zosia is now traveling with her again.
这一集有很多内容要讨论。
There's lots to talk about in this episode.
事不宜迟,我想欢迎我们的嘉宾,执行制片兼主创文斯·吉里根。
So without further ado, I'd like to welcome our guests, executive producer and creator Vince Gilligan.
嘿。
Hey.
很高兴来到这里。
Pleasure to be here.
美术指导丹妮丝·皮齐尼。
Production designer Denise Pizzini.
嗨,克里斯。
Hi, Chris.
本集的执行制片兼编剧导演戈登·史密斯。
Executive producer and writer director of this episode, Gordon Smith.
你好啊。
Howdy.
她再次回归了。
And once again, she's back.
佐西亚本人,卡罗琳娜·维德拉。
Zosia herself, Carolina Vidra.
嗨。
Hi.
好的。
Alright.
正如悠悠球手Zimzam Kstrasz可能会说的那样,这一集真精彩。
As Kstrasz, the Zimzam yo yo man might say, what an episode.
是的。
Yes.
我一定会非常喜欢那位嘉宾。
I'm gonna love that guest so much.
这一次,让我们从头开始。
With this one, let's start right at the beginning.
能回到过去与海伦共度更多时光,并在这座冰酒店里待上一阵子,真是令人神清气爽。
So refreshing to go way back to get some more time with Helen and spend some time in this ice hotel.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你们到底是怎么拍摄那个的?
How on earth did you shoot that?
我们是去挪威拍摄那个的吗?
Did we go to Norway to film that?
我想你知道答案是
I think you know the answer is
问一个他明知答案的问题。
asking a question he knows the answer to.
对。
Yeah.
不。
No.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
我们做到了。
We did.
克里斯,你现在打算做什么?
What what are you gonna do now, Chris?
查看查看笔记。
Checks checks notes.
不。
No.
我们没有。
We did not.
我们我们我们曾短暂考虑过,比如这会是什么样子,或者我们如何可能实现这一点,然后我们清醒过来,很早就把这个挑战交给了我们出色的制作设计师丹妮丝。
We we we considered briefly, like, what it would be or how we could possibly pull this off, And then we came to our senses and threw this challenge very early to our incredible production designer, Denise.
丹妮丝说,哦天啊。
And Denise went, oh my.
你刚才想让我做什么来着?
You wanted me to do what now?
你们用空军一号折磨我还不够吗?
Haven't you haven't you tortured me enough with the Air Force One?
不。
No.
这真是前所未有,如此与众不同,令人欣喜的是当我们发现有一座冰酒店时,立刻展开了各种调研。
This was this was and it was so different, and this was such a pleasure because what we did when we saw there was an ICE hotel, we immediately started doing all kinds of research.
这些冰酒店都是季节性的。
And these ICE hotels are seasonal.
因此,会有不同的艺术家前来设计这些酒店。
So, they have different artists that come in and design these hotels.
于是我们某种程度上承担了这个角色。
So, we kind of took that role on.
就像在思考:如果被邀请设计一座冰酒店,我们会怎么做?
It's like, well, if we were asked to design an ice hotel, what would we do?
我们准备了一些元素,比如根据剧情需要,他们得走过一条长廊。
And we had some things, you know, the way it read, they had to walk down a hall.
所以我们必须设计其他酒店房间。
So, we had to have other hotel rooms.
我们的房间呈圆形布局,还必须有个大天窗让他们能看到北极光。
Our room was kind of in the round and it had to have a big skylight so they could see the northern lights.
为此我们前期做了大量研究,尝试各种看起来像冰的塑料材料,毕竟我们不想让它看起来像个布景。
So, we did a lot of research first with different plastics and stuff that would look like ice because, again, we didn't want it to look like a set.
最终我们从德国采购了这些视觉效果最佳的塑料立方体。
And we ended up getting these plastic cubes from Germany that looked the best.
我们
We
德国在塑料立方体领域算是独占鳌头。
Germany has kind of corners of market on plastic cubes.
是啊,塑料冰块。
Yeah, plastic ice cubes.
然后我们请了一些雕塑家进来,那个房间的主题,我觉得加入波浪元素,还有日本锦鲤会很有趣,因为房间是圆形的,加上波浪的动态感。
And then we hired some sculptures to come in and our theme for that particular room, I thought having waves and like, you know, Japanese koi would be kind of interesting because it was round and the movement of the waves.
这些家伙,他们雕刻得太美了。
These guys, they sculpted it so beautifully.
我简直爱死它了。
And I just love it.
而且灯光效果也打得特别好。
And then it was lit so well.
我们的摄影指导Paul Donaghy亲自上阵,我们和他密切合作研究如何布光。
Paul Donaghy, our DP, went in and we worked with him pretty close on how this would be lit.
Wayland干得漂亮。
And Wayland did a great job.
Wayland他...Wayland特别兴奋,我们的灯光师非常期待能和Paul还有你一起研究这些灯该放哪里。
And Wayland He Wayland, was really excited Our gaffer was very excited to work with Paul and you to figure out where do we put these lights?
这些灯该怎么布置?
How do we put these lights?
没错。
Yeah.
很有意思。
It was fun.
就像在做艺术装置一样。
It was like doing an art installation.
嗯。
Mhmm.
如果你见过我们当时的舞台布置,我是说,我们用泡沫塑料填满了整个舞台,那真是一次相当惊险的尝试。
If you would have seen our stage during those days, I mean, we we filled it with Styrofoam, and it was quite an adventure, actually.
不过我对最终效果很满意。
But I'm pleased the way it turned out.
我太喜欢了。
I love it.
美极了。
It was beautiful.
搭建这样的布景需要多长时间?
How long does it take to build a set like that?
谁知道呢?
You know, who knows?
我是说,
I mean,
大概几天吧,你知道的。
a couple of days You know.
对。
Right.
没错。
Right.
要知道,我们同时要处理的事情实在太多了。
Well, you know, we have so much going on at the same time.
没错,是的。
Exactly, yeah.
你知道,我们不仅仅是在建造那个。
You know, it's not like we're just building that.
那一集我们也遇到了相当大的挑战。
We also had some pretty big challenges on that episode.
所以很难说,但幸运的是,当大纲出来时,我可以标记出那些我知道会花费大量时间、需要大量讨论并最终演变成它们应有的样子的场景。
So it's hard to say, but luckily, when the outlines come out, I can flag some of these sets that I know are gonna take a lot of time and have a lot of discussion and evolve into what they should be.
所以,我认为我们有足够的时间来做这件事,因为我们一开始的规模要大得多。
So, I think we had enough time for that because we started out much larger.
我们有一个大堂酒吧。
We had a lobby bar.
我们有所有这些设施。
We had all this stuff.
于是,我们把它缩减到酒店走廊和走廊上的门,这样他们就可以跑过去。
So, we reduced it down to like the hotel hallway and the doors in the hallway so they could kind of run down.
但我们有天花板。
But we had ceilings.
我们有一个类似回廊的通道,那里有一个我们可以拍摄的蝴蝶装饰。
We had kind of a return hall, which had this butterfly that we could shoot through.
然后哪个
Then Which
那个现在还在那里。
is that's still there.
我觉得我们确实拍到了那个不错的镜头。
We do get a good shot, I think, of that.
非常早期的阶段。
Very early going.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
这很美。
Which is beautiful.
它在他们身后微微发光,对吧。
It's kind of glowing behind them as Right.
就在海伦触摸墙壁的那一刻,感觉太酷了。
At the moment when, like, Helen touches the wall to go, Oh, it's so cool.
当我们不得不删减时,我有点失望,因为觉得这是个错失的机会,但实际上你根本不会察觉。
When we had to cut it down, I was a little disappointed because I thought, oh, like, it's such a missed opportunity, but it you don't miss it at all.
你知道吗?
You know?
所有内容都在那里,而且看起来很美。
It's all in there, and I think it looks beautiful.
据我所知,你们找到了业内最好的泡沫雕刻师?
My understanding is that you found the best Styrofoam carvers in the business?
我想是的。
I think I did.
没错。
Yeah.
你该去哪里找那个呢?
Where do you go looking for that?
嗯,这是工会的事。
Well, it's a union thing.
他们,你知道的,属于其中一部分,而且数量不多。
They're, you know, part of, and there aren't a lot.
是426地方冰雕师工会吗?
Ice Carvers Local four twenty six?
‘泡沫小队’。
The Foomb Brigade.
其中一人来自亚特兰大。
One of them came from Atlanta.
另一个来自洛杉矶,恰好在阿尔伯克基有套房子。
The other one came from LA who happened to have a house in Albuquerque.
于是把他们请来,他们干得非常出色。
So, brought them in and they did a fantastic job.
我们施工队里还有个干了很久的小伙子安迪,他什么活儿都能干。
And then we have a guy on our construction crew for a long time, Andy, who does all kinds of things.
他也临时加入进来,后来还有几位本地艺术家参与。
And he kind of jumped in and then we had a few people, local artists that came in.
所以用了很多...说真的这节目用的聚苯乙烯泡沫量简直离谱,而且后面还会用更多。
So, had a lot of It was obscene, the amount of Styrofoam we used on this show, though, because there's more Styrofoam to come.
好在它是可降解的。
Good thing it's biodegradable.
是啊。
Yeah.
但我们会为子孙后代保留它。
But we'll have it for future generations.
是啊,但他们太棒了。
Yeah, but they were amazing.
我们大致展示想要的效果后,他们会说‘这样如何?’
So we would kind of show them what we wanted and they would be like, Well, how's this?
这就像是他们的测试。
And it was like their test.
效果已经足够拍摄了,虽然只是样本。
And it was like good enough to shoot, just their samples.
你知道,我觉得如果
You know, I think if
如果全是那种塑料冰,大脑会开始察觉这是假的。
it was all that kind of plastic ice, your brain would start to see that it's fake.
对。
Right.
但混合那种雪地纹理...是的。
But but sort of mixing the, like, snow texture Yeah.
还有那种压实的雪块,根据研究这是真实的。
And the kind of compressed blocks of snow, which is is real according to the research.
没错。
Right.
但是,怎么说呢,它让你无法轻易抓住并像往常那样看清其中的虚假。
But, like, it makes it so you can't quite grasp onto it and see the the falsehood in the same way.
只是感觉更真实了。
It just feels more real.
我不知道该怎么形容。
I don't know how to put it.
是啊。
Yeah.
我也觉得非常真实,因为最可怕的部分总是——这会变成什么样子?
I thought it felt pretty real too because that was always the scary part was like, what's this gonna look like?
但你知道,他们先雕刻好,然后我们得给它上硬涂层。
But, you know, they carved it, then we had to hard coat it.
接着画师们去上色,还添加了些小闪粉和水晶。
And then the painters went and painted it and then added some little sparkle and crystals.
然后维尔纳带来了人造雪,那种逼真的人造雪,把它铺得到处都是。
And then Werner brought in the fake snow, the real fake snow and put that all over.
当你加上这些后,那些立方体的位置曾是我最担心的部分之一。
And when you add that and then where we had the cubes was one of my main concerns.
但它现在在床上,床上还铺着兽皮。
But it's on the bed and you have the skins on the bed.
这样你就不会只盯着那些立方体看,而且它们的光效也打得很漂亮。
So you're not just staring at those cubes, and then they're lit nicely.
所以我对效果很满意。
So I was pleased with it.
太棒了。
Awesome.
能有米里亚姆·肖尔回归那个场景真是太好了。
It was great having Miriam Shore back in that scene.
那么,你指导她的时候感觉愉快吗?
Was, you have a good time directing her?
是的,非常愉快。
Yes, very much so.
她太棒了,而且非常专业。
She's so great, and she's such a pro.
而且我们俩都是密歇根大学的校友。
And it we both are, University of Michigan alums.
所以我还能和她聊些相关的话题。
And so I could, sort of chitchat with her about that.
当然,她的职业生涯既漫长又充满传奇。
Of course, she's like she's had such a long and crazy career.
还要特别表扬我们的比约恩——托尔·克奈,他表现得非常出色。
And shout out to our Bjorn, Tor Knai, who did a great job.
而且他那段戏份很棘手,因为他对这些背景一无所知。
And, he had a tough bit there since he had had no idea about any of these things.
这既是闪回场景,又是关于非主要角色的闪回,所以他全程都得靠直觉发挥。
It's both a flashback, and it's a flashback to non others, non main characters, so he had to fly blind through the whole thing.
我们还和他一起做了些调整,不得不给他加了几句台词——有段时间我一直在模仿(虽然模仿得)不太到位?
And something that we also did with him was we had to add some lines of his, and for the longest time, I was doing an impression of, not serviceable?
你会如何描述我对
How would you describe my impression of
他的印象?
him?
施瓦辛格式的?
Schwarzeneggerian?
也许不是挪威风格,但还不错。
Rather than perhaps Norwegian, but but good.
不错。
Good.
尚可。
Serviceable.
戈德,你知道的,有件事
You know, Gord, one of the things
在电视和电影制作中总会发生:你写好剧本后,由于制作现实、预算或进度等原因,最终不得不做出改动。
that happens on TV and film, anything, is that you write a script, and for whatever reason, you get into the realities of production, the budget or the schedule, things ultimately have to change.
这其实是所有电视制作的普遍现象。
I mean, it's a it's a pretty common it's a commonality with, like, all television.
你总会撞上现实的墙壁。
You just run into the wall of reality Yeah.
有时这会阻碍那个
That can sometimes, stymie the swimming pool of
梦想的泳池。
Of dreams.
创造力。
Creativity.
是啊。
Yeah.
梦想。
Of dreams.
没错。
Yeah.
我我我非常清楚这件事发生在几个不同的场景中,比如卡罗尔从西班牙归来,还有斯普劳特那段戏——这个我们肯定会详细讨论的。
And I I I certainly know that that happened on this in a couple of different one, Carol returning from Spain, and then also the Sprouts sequence, which I'm sure we'll talk extensively about.
我是说,对。
I mean, yes.
我想这是继试播集或前两集101和102之后的第一个正式剧集。
I think this is the first episode after kind of the pilot or the pilots from what episodes one zero one and one zero two.
我得说当时的现场制片团队,特别是很棒的克里斯·米罗诺夫,他们觉得...因为我们已经有冰酒店这样的大场景,再加上这段明知会很复杂难拍的斯普劳特戏份。
And I will say that the line production staff, Chris Mironov, who was great, were like, because we had already a big build in the in the form of the ice hotel, and we had this sprout sequence, which we knew was going to be extensive and difficult.
是的。
Yes.
起初我们并不知道会复杂困难到什么程度。
We didn't know how extensive and difficult at first.
所以当时感觉就是,嘿这不行,我们做不到。
So it was like, hey, this is not, we can't do this.
所以确实有些担忧。
So there was some concern.
我们之前已经尽可能解决了一部分问题。
And then some of that we solved before as we could.
然后当我们准备了一周左右时,突然意识到——不,实际上是我们真的不知道该怎么处理这件事。
And then once we'd had like about a week of prep and we're like running into like, no, this is really we were just having trouble figuring out how to do it.
我和Jen坐下来与Vince一起过剧本,跟他说:'嘿,这是我们筹备阶段目前得出的结论,因为你当时在拍摄而我们正在筹备。'
Jen and I went to sit down with Vince and go through the script and be like, Hey, this is what we've learned from prep so far because you were busy shooting while we were prepping.
你总是需要带着解决方案去提出问题。
You always wanna kind of present a problem with a solution.
你不能只是说'Vince,祝你好运'就完事了。
You don't wanna just be like, Vince, good luck.
现在所有人都告诉我们这事不可能完成。
We have this everyone's telling us this is impossible.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我们当时的态度是:'这就是我们想达成的目标'。
Like, we were like, here's what we're trying to do.
我们讨论后发现,第一幕有个卡罗尔从西班牙回来的复杂场景,涉及房子里多个地点。
The conversation we had, we we looked at the there was a first act sequence when Carol returns from Spain that was very involved, and it was multiple locations in the house.
这段剧情就像是卡罗尔通过强迫自己'我要...'来试图恢复正常生活。
And it was like Carol essentially trying to get back to normal by willing herself to get back to normal by, like, I'm
一定要做到。
gonna do it.
已经忘记那件事了。
Forgotten about that.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
我得回去洗衣服了。
I'm gonna get back to laundry.
我要去做这个。
I'm gonna go do this.
我要去做那个。
I'm gonna do that.
由于我们房子的布局,这些事情本来需要我们参与。
And it was stuff that would have required us because of the way we have the house set up.
这意味着我们几乎每个场景——哪怕是半页纸的小场景——都必须在摄影棚和后院片场拍摄。
It would have required us to be shooting on stage and at our back lot for, like, every scene, every little, like, half page scene.
所以它们是重叠的。
So they were doubled up.
那样做会耗费我们大量时间。
It would have just taken us forever to do it.
至少在我的记忆里,我们讨论时一直在想:这样够用吗?
And when we were talking about it, in in my memory, at least, we were just like, does this do enough work?
这样能讲好故事吗?
Does this tell enough story?
于是我们开始思考:这个故事真正的核心是什么?
And so that led us to sort of ask, like, what's the real heart of this?
我们能否不仅更经济地,还要更戏剧性地完成这件事?
Not just can we do this more economically and more dramatically?
这导致卡罗尔不再需要处理一堆试图继续前进的事情,她只是收到了一些凭空出现的邮件,基本上就像是她将收到的最后一批邮件。
And that led to instead of having a bunch of things that Carol's doing to try and move on, she's just getting mail that came from nowhere, essentially, like the last mail that's ever gonna be delivered she's receiving.
那是什么感觉?
What is that like?
我们把它聚焦在那一刻,而不是让她伤心的一系列时刻。
And we focused it in on just that one moment rather than a bunch of moments that kind of made her sad.
那是一个瞬间,让那个瞬间与海伦的坟墓形成对比——看到海伦的坟墓始终是我们的意图,故事将在看到坟墓时结束。
It was one moment and having that one moment kind of play opposite the the grave, seeing the grave of of Helen, which was always the intention was that that was where it was gonna end with seeing the grave.
但我们觉得或许可以精简这部分,结果确实有帮助。
But we just kinda felt like maybe we could streamline this, and it helped.
我想这个改动大概删掉了剧本的四页内容,估计还省去了两天的拍摄时间——
I think that cut probably four pages of script, and it cut, I I would guess, two days of shooting out of
拍摄计划。
the schedule.
我记得那个。
I remember that.
原本有很多内容,但当你重写后,我们拿到剧本就觉得很有意思。
There was a lot of things, and then when you rewrote it, we got it, and we're like, interesting.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且
And
我知道你提到的那个场景,它很棒,因为它包含了所有奋斗的元素,而且
and it is I know the scene you talk about, and it is great because it has all the elements of struggle and
是啊。
Yeah.
而且我们很喜欢它,因为你看,它更聚焦一些,这是本集第一次出现这样的情节,所以我们可以从你只是...我超爱你这样做时的样子开始,我们觉得你会喜欢盒子里装的东西。
And it it and we we liked it because it, you know, it focused a little bit more it it's the first time in this episode where so could we go from you just being I I love what you do when you're like, we think you're gonna like what's in this box.
就是特别温馨,而且毫无预谋,然后当她打开盒子时,我们一时半会儿真猜不透她在想什么,因为她整个人绷得太紧了。
It's just like it's so sweet, and it's there's no agenda, and and then it's like, she opens it, and it's just so we don't know exactly what's going through her head for a while because she's just so tightly wound.
然后你就只是附和着说,是啊。
And you're just like, yeah.
她其实给你买了这个。
She I actually got you this.
她觉得你会喜欢。
She thought you'd like it.
她在巡演途中买的。
She bought it on the tour.
这不是很棒吗,来自sharper image之类的。
Isn't that great from the sharper image and blah blah blah.
然后她说,我要你
And then she's like, I want you
去
to
永远永远不要提起
never ever mention
她的名字再说一遍。
her name again.
名字,就像是,嗯。
Name And it's like Yeah.
哦。
Oh.
就在我当时觉得,
And it's when I was like,
哎呀。
oops.
嗯。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
这事可没处理好。
That did not go over well.
嗯。
Yeah.
我在那里有很多
I'm there's a lot
这样的时刻,最棒的就是这些瞬间——他们的情商明明很高,却总是差那么一点。
of moments, and that's what's great is these moments that their emotional intelligence is is so great, but they miss the mark.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,你知道,他们能从中成长,这很棒。
And, you know, and then they get to evolve from that, which is great.
我很喜欢剧本多次提到这点,因为他们并非完美生物。
And I love that that was in the script a few times because they're not perfect beings.
他们是人类。
They're humans.
而且
And
即便是情感智商最高的人类也会有缺点。
even the most highly emotionally intelligent human being is gonna have faults.
然后他们会从中成长并吸取教训。
And then they're gonna evolve from that and learn a lesson.
所以这很棒。
So it's great.
我认为这些时刻很好地诠释了人性的微妙之处,揭示了人类的本质。
Those moments I thought were great nuances into what humanity is, what a human being is.
我们都有缺点,并从中学习。
We have faults, and we learn from them.
我觉得你做的另一件让我喜欢的事是——整集基本上都在呈现你不断提议‘这个怎么样?’的状态。
Which I think another thing I think you did that I love this moment, which is, you know, for the whole episode is basically it's you going, how about this?
就像,就像一只不断叼来各种玩具的狗。
It's like, it's it's you're a you're a dog bringing various toy.
比如,你喜欢这个吗?
Like, do you like this?
你想要这个吗?
Do you want this?
这个怎么样?
How about this?
或者或者一个孩子向你展示,妈妈你想要这个吗?
Or or a kid showing you like, would you like this, mom?
当你拿出那颗手榴弹的瞬间,我们当时想——可能觉得你在讽刺,但我们不想冒险万一你其实真想要这个而让你失望。
And the moment where you bring the grenade and it's like, we we thought maybe we probably thought you were being sarcastic, but we didn't want to take the risk that you actually wanted this and disappoint you.
对。
Right.
但有个瞬间是,哦,哦,我现在从你的反应看明白了。
But there's a moment of, oh, oh, I see now based on your reaction.
哦,你
Oh, you
你并不是。
That you were not.
是啊。
Yeah.
这是我最喜欢的你的瞬间之一,我们就爱看你那个反应,我们当时在猜你是不是在讽刺。
It's one of my favorite moments of your you just I love that reaction of you we figured, are you being surrogate?
演得太精彩了。
It was so well played.
你真可爱。
You're so adorable.
我爱那一刻。
I love that moment.
那是我最喜欢的感谢之一。
That's one of my favorite Thank you.
好可爱。
So cute.
就是真的很温馨,而且就像你说的,这是在学习,但那一刻就像是,好吧。
It's just it's really sweet, and it's very and like you say, it's learning, but it's there's it's the moment of, like, okay.
我学会了。
I've learned.
我可以继续按这个,但我整集都在按它。
I could keep pressing this, but I've been pressing it the whole episode.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我要一直按到她邀请你进来为止。
I'm gonna go until she invites you in.
所以是的。
And so it's Yeah.
我觉得这是个不错的成长时刻。
It's a nice moment of growth, I think.
我们一起聊聊吧。
Let's talk together.
是的。
Yeah.
这两个人在一起真是太棒了。
These two together are so good.
绝对。
Absolutely.
没错,卡罗莱娜。
Right, Carolina.
我只是觉得卡罗尔的表情太木然了,一副不耐烦的样子,而你的角色佐西亚却那么甜美。
I just it's just Carol is just so deadpan, just annoyed, and then your character, Zosia, is just so sweet.
我们来谈谈那个手榴弹场景吧,我觉得其中有几个非常有趣的地方。
Let's talk about that grenade sequence because there are there are a few, I think, few very interesting things about it.
首先,包括爆炸在内的多个元素都是实拍的。
One, that several elements of it were shot practically, including the explosion.
你能稍微聊聊这个吗?比如如何布置场景。我记得看样片时一开始完全没看懂,因为画面太不合理了——我们的主演站在那里,背后的墙正在爆炸。
So do you wanna talk a little bit about that, about rigging that up so that I remember getting the dailies, and I was kind of I didn't really understand what I was looking at at first because it didn't make any sense because there's our lead actors, and the wall is exploding behind them.
你们是怎么做到的?
How did they how did you do that?
当时的设计理念是什么?
And how did that what was the idea behind that?
嗯,设计理念大概是:
Well, the idea behind it is, like, hey.
最理想的效果是能看到他们在这个瞬间的身体反应和面部表情,诸如此类的细节。
The best version of this would be seeing them in this moment and seeing how their bodies are, how their faces are, all of that stuff.
关键在于,我们必须确保其安全性达到我们能做到的最高标准。
And it's like, the trick of it is that's not, we had to make sure that that was as safe as we could possibly make it.
当然,其中一部分原因是所有被吹起来的都是泡沫塑料和轻木,材质很轻,而且实际上不会飞远。
And of course, part of that is everything that's blowing in is Styrofoam and balsa wood, and it's light, and it's not really going anywhere.
它们是被空气炮吹起来的。
It's blowing in off of air cannons.
我们的特效专家维尔纳设置了一台空气炮,它能穿透墙壁,我们还需要配合它同步触发闪光效果。
There's an air cannon that are that, again, Werner, our SFX guru rigged, and it blew through the walls, and there's a light flash that we had to queue up with it.
所以我们完成了所有准备工作后,还得和你们一起排练,确保你们能完成摔倒动作——我们确实做到了
So we had to do all of that work, and then we had to practice with you guys and, like, make sure that it felt like you could do the fall, it was We did
特技动作,对。
stunts with yeah.
我们设计了一些特技动作,确保摔倒时绝对安全,而且能以预定方式着地。
We did some stunts to make sure that we when we fell, we were so safe and, like, the way we were gonna fall.
没错。
Yeah.
这包含两个部分:既要确保擒抱动作的安全性,又要考虑镜头呈现效果,同时还得精确配合爆炸瞬间的着地时机。
And there's two parts to it because it's, you know, it's what can you do the the sort of tackle and make sure that that felt safe and then, what do we need to see there and then, also the part of like, what can we do with just sort of landing on the ground at the exact moment that the explosion happens.
对。
Right.
希望你们当时感觉还好,我记得曾问过你和雷'这样行吗?'
Hopefully, you felt like because I I remember talking to you and Ray and just being like, is this okay?
因为我们——我知道这就像...我们反复演练过,就是为了让你们能保持紧绷状态
Because we, well, I know that this is like and we walked through it and we sort of practiced it so that it felt like you'd be tense
但我觉得你不会预料到那个声音。
but it would be But I think you don't expect the the the sound.
是的。
Yeah.
属于
Of the
爆炸和物体向你飞来时你会担心,尽管我们感觉它非常轻柔且安全,但你的身体仍会有本能的反应。所以你可以提前做好准备。
explosion and things being thrown at you and that you you you get worried of, even though we felt it, it was very soft and felt very safe, you still your body has its own natural reaction to And so you can prepare yourself.
但一旦你...你就会觉得,好吧。
But once you and you're like, okay.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
我明白了。
I got it.
好的。
Okay.
会没事的,一切都会好起来的。
It's gonna be it's gonna be okay.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
而你做到了。
And you do it.
它某种程度上
And it kinda
为什么我们希望一次性完成,这样你能得到更真实的反应,而不是像两个人拍板说'好'那样。
why we wanted to do it all in one so that you could get that general, like, real reaction versus, like, you know, if you have two people clapping a board and saying, okay.
反应。
React.
我们本可以用合成的方式,也确实讨论过是否该那么做。
We could have, like, composited it, and we did discuss whether that was the way to do it.
但你真的摔在雷身上了吗?
But Did you actually fall on top of Ray?
因为那很棘手。
Because that's that's tricky.
那是可能让人受伤的。
That's what you someone could get.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
呃,不是站着摔的。
Well, not from standing.
不是站着摔的。
Not from standing.
我想特技演员负责了那部分。
I think stunts did that part.
是的。
Yeah.
我们先是跪下,然后倒下,接着趴下。
We did it from kneeling down and then falling and then going down.
但是
But
我们确实在他们...哦对,爆炸发生时我们确实那么做了。
we did when they, oh yeah, we did that when the explosion actually happened.
是啊,我们已经趴得更低了。
Yeah, we're already more down on the ground and.
哦,没错。
Oh, that's right.
对。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
这是个...我觉得我们不可能再调整时机了
It's a We could I don't think we could have timed it otherwise even
尽管它
though it
没有...是啊。
didn't Yeah.
那样做会很难。
That would have been hard to do.
是啊。
Yeah.
让你从站立状态完全落到地面,然后
Getting you from all the way from standing to the ground and then
因为我觉得他们也不得不,怎么说呢,从站立状态,但更像是悬在空中那样降下来。
Because I think also they had to, I think, kind of go from, like, standing, but, like, in the air kind of go down.
这就像是一个你无法精确把握何时坠落以及如何坠落的复杂过程。
It was like a whole thing that you wouldn't be able to put the perfect timing of where to fall and how to fall.
想想看
Think it'd
会有点偏差。
be little bit off.
把摄像机放在地上,对。
Put the camera on the ground and yeah.
我们基本上围绕那个时刻策划了一切。
We sort of planned everything around that moment.
没错。
Right.
就像,那是关键镜头,然后我就在想,我们需要安排些什么才能拍到那个画面?
Like, that's the hero shot, and then I sort of was just trying to figure out, like, what do we need around it to kinda get to that shot?
是的。
Yeah.
就是那样
That's that was
我觉得是一样的。
I think it's the same.
我们特效部门出色的负责人维尔纳·汉莱恩说,我认为这和《绝命毒师》中杀死古斯·弗林用的是同一种技术。
Werner Hanlein, our amazing head of the department of Special Effects said, I think it's the same technology used for killing Gus Fring and Breaking Bad.
就像你说的,是空气炮。
Like you said, it's air cannons.
这是一个大型氮气罐,当你加压释放时,它不会形成可见的冷凝。
It's a big tank of nitrogen gas so that when you release it under pressure, it doesn't turn into visible condensation.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
看起来简直太棒了。
It looked freaking awesome.
我还要特别感谢韦伦和我们的电工团队实现了那道闪光效果。
And I and also shout out to Waylon and our electric crew for getting that flash.
它出现的位置堪称完美。
Like, it happens in a pretty perfect spot.
你会感觉自己看到了火焰,当然,当然,克里斯剪辑的方式和我们调色师的处理手法——
You feel like you've seen fire and obviously, obviously, the way that that Chris cut it in the way that our our colorist
剪辑很棒。
Good editing.
戴夫。
Dave.
我们的调色师戴夫干得漂亮。
Our colorist Dave did a great job.
他有种族歧视倾向。
He's colorist.
干得漂亮。
Great job.
但当我们拍摄时,现场气氛非常棒。
But it was cool on set when we did it.
所有人都在鼓掌。
Everyone was clapping.
大家都特别兴奋,不停地说'天啊'。
Everyone was just so excited, and they were just like, oh my god.
那太不可思议了。
That was incredible.
你们拍了多少条?
How many takes did you do?
我记得我们拍了两条。
I think we did two takes.
那晚之后,我记得每个人都在问'你看到了吗?'
And then I remember that whole night, everyone would walk around and be like, did you see that?
那太神奇了。
That was amazing.
所有人都为那个镜头的完美呈现欣喜若狂。
Everyone was so ecstatic about that shot, how well it turned out.
当你看到爆炸场景,看到他们降落在镜头前的地面,看到细小的碎片如同粒子般与他们互动碰撞——那全都是实拍效果。
When you see that explosion and when you see them landing on the ground in front of the camera and you see little pieces, part like particles interacting with them and hitting them, that's all real.
这里没有、没有、没有像玻璃墙那样的东西。
There's not there's not there's not like a glass wall.
这一切真的在发生。
It's all really happening.
是啊。
It yeah.
丹尼斯,作为美术指导,你的团队在那些场景搭建中参与度有多高?
Denise, as the production designer, how involved is your team with the build of that stuff?
嗯,我们不得不更换部分窗框
Well, we had to change out some of the window frames
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
还有墙壁。
And the walls.
然后我们和维尔纳合作。
And then we worked with Werner.
比如,我们做了大量研究,关于手榴弹实际爆炸的方式。
Like, we did a lot of research on, like, how a grenade actually explodes.
它是向内爆裂?
Does it come in?
还是向外炸开?
Does it go out?
以及,爆炸后的碎片会是什么样子?
And, what does the debris look like?
那么后果会怎样?
And then what's the aftermath?
事后看起来会是什么样子?
What does it look like afterwards?
我们更关注事后。
We are more about the after.
手榴弹爆炸后看起来真实吗?
Does it look real after the grenade goes off?
对。
Right.
但是,你知道的,他在墙内装了些炸药。
But, you know, he put some charges inside the walls.
我们很早就知道了,谢天谢地,因为这类事件总是有非常详细的预案。
And we knew early on, thank goodness, because there's always a very comprehensive outline for all of these.
所以我们早就知道会有手榴弹和爆炸。
So we knew early on that there was going to be a grenade and explosion.
因此当我们建造前厅时,就确保它能承受那种爆炸效果。
So when we built that front room, we made sure that it could accommodate that effect.
而且我们在讨论时——因为要让团队达成共识,毕竟每个人对爆炸场景的想象都不同。
And we also and when we were talking about it, because it's like getting clarity across the team because, of course, you know, everybody has a different vision for how an explosion happens.
手榴弹其实不会像那样爆炸
And a a grenade doesn't really blow up the way that
没错。
Right.
很多人都这么认为。
A lot of people think it does.
所以就像是,几乎同时发生了两次爆炸,嗯哼。
And so it's like, there's really two explosions that are kinda happening almost simultaneously Mhmm.
就是手榴弹滚到了卡车底下。
Which is the grenade goes under the truck.
前面的卡车爆炸了。
The truck out front blows up.
所以会有火焰闪过,但手榴弹其实不会造成这种效果。
So there's a flash of fire, but you wouldn't really get that from a grenade.
所以需要搞清楚所有破坏情况,比如什么在爆炸,以及这是否导致了什么后果?
So just figuring out all of the damage and, like, what's blowing up if that's causing what?
没错。
Right.
实际击中的位置。
Where it would actually hit.
你确实想看到些效果,因为如果冲击力不够,但你还是想看到点什么... 对。
And you do wanna see something, you know, because maybe if it's not that impactful, but you do wanna see something just to kind of Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
得加点好莱坞特效,因为真实的手榴弹爆炸可能不会
Gotta Hollywood it a little bit, because I think a real grenade going off might not
甚至... 没那么刺激。
even It's not that exciting.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果你在场的话会很刺激。
Exciting if you're there.
不过确实。
But Yeah.
还有
And
我们也研究了它的时间点。
we did research the timing of it too.
我们尽量精确计算,从勺子飞出去到爆炸的时间,大概是
We tried to be as accurate as possible with how like, from the time the spoon from the time it flies out to the time it blows up is it's it's something like
相当接近了。
It's pretty close.
五到六秒左右,而且
Five to six seconds or something, and it's
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
我们讨论过这个。
We talked about that.
没错。
Yeah.
不过还有一点,虽然那明显是假手雷,但当你拿着它时就会意识到,那个保险销虽然不算太松,但也挺难拔的。可一旦拔出来,一切发生得有多快——你刚松手扔出去,砰的一声就炸了。
But also, like, having that it was obviously a fake grenade, but having that and you just realize how a little, not flimsy, but that spoon is, it's a little hard to get out, but once you do, it's like how quickly everything happens, you just let it go and throw and it's just boom, it happens.
就是感觉,我也不知道。
It just feels, I don't know.
你想到的就像是手榴弹那样更激烈复杂的东西,然后你就觉得,不行。
You just you think of, like, grenade at something so much more intense and complicated, and you're like, no.
只要把保险销拔掉然后放手就行。
Just pull the spoon out and just let it go.
嗯,你拉掉拉环,然后保险夹就会弹飞。
Well, you pull the ring, and then the spoon goes flying.
哦,原来是这样的吗?
Oh, is that what it is?
好的。
Okay.
对。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
那个
The
拉环。
ring.
好的。
Okay.
对。
Yeah.
那是我最喜欢的镜头。
That's my favorite shot.
我热爱爆炸场面,但我最喜欢的镜头是那道光线,没错。
I love the explosion, but my favorite shot is the ray is like, yeah.
就像你给我一颗真手榴弹,然后它嗖地一声飞过画面。
Like, you'd give me a real hand grenade, and then it goes twing and goes flying through frame.
我超爱那个。
I love that.
那很实用。
That's that's practical.
那是那是真的
That is That that is a real
我们当时很担心,因为很难让勺子朝特定方向飞,甚至要调整快门角度之类的
We we were worried at some point because it's, like, hard to figure out how to get the spoon to fly in a direction even messing with, like, the shutter angle and
那个镜头之后发生的事,我最喜欢戈登说'好的'的时候。
stuff like that shot after that when that happened, I love when Gordon's like, okay.
所以你要冷静地靠近她。
So you're gonna come up to her calmly.
就像'我们能搞定,一切都没问题,好的,你刚做完那个,现在只剩五秒了'。
Like, we got this, everything's okay, okay, like, you just did that, we only have five seconds now.
我就问'你确定这是个紧张时刻吗?'
And I'm like, are you sure this is an intense moment?
你说'对,这就是我要的效果'
You're like, yes, that's what I want you to do.
而且效果非常棒。
And it works so great.
你演奏得太出色了,就像卡罗尔,如果我们能这么说的话。
You play it so great, it's like, Carol, if we may.
如果我们能这么说的话。
If we may.
依然彬彬有礼。
Still polite.
是啊。
Yeah.
依然友善。
Still kind.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
给予她自主权,让她能自己做决定。
Giving her the autonomy to be, like, make her own decisions.
你知道吗?
You know?
我们可以吗?
Can we?
求求你了,可以吗?
Can we please?
你知道吗?
You know?
还有你
And you
播放那个
play that
真的很棒。
really well.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我认为这是一个情商爆发的时刻,因为我觉得如果她当时犹豫了,比如说不。
I think it's a it's a moment of emotional intelligence because I think if she had a hesitation, like, no.
我本意就是要这么做,我打算把自己炸飞。
I meant to do this, and I'm gonna I was gonna blow myself up.
你本会放任她
You would've let her
如果你放手的话。
if you let go.
又是一个‘嗯’。
That was another yeah.
我们讨论过这件事,因为她有权决定自己的人生方向。
We had conversations about it because she has her own agency to decide what she wants to do with her life.
如果她想自爆,我们就说‘那你呢’。
And if she wants to blow herself up, we're like And you.
你本来会觉得没问题的。
You'd have been fine with that.
对我来说,是的。
For me, yes.
当然。
Of course.
就像是
It's like
但那一刻的感觉就像是‘好吧’。
But it's that moment of, like Yeah.
你能看出她当时愣住了,恐惧让她动弹不得。
You can see that she's like, oh, this is she's paralyzed with fear.
而我
And I
我认为那一刻的情商体现是:这并非有意为之。
think it's in a moment of emotional intelligence that's like, this was not intentional.
这不是你想要的。
This is not what you want.
我看得出来你...你同意我把这个扔掉。
I can see that you're that you you're you're okay with me throwing this away.
而且,你知道,丹尼斯刚才提到了一个我忘记的重要观点,这对想做这份工作的人来说非常重要。
So And, you know, Denise brought up an important point a minute ago that I had forgotten, but it's very important to for, you know, folks who who wanna do this job.
我们至少掌握了所有这些剧本的大纲。
We had at least the outlines of all these scripts.
实际上在第一集开拍前,我们就已经完成了大部分剧本。
We had most of these scripts actually before we ever shot day one of episode one.
我们大致知道故事的发展方向。
We kind of knew where we're going.
但就像丹尼斯说的,卡罗尔家前院的设计很大程度上是为了配合——这么说吧——我们想安排一个手榴弹场景。
But like Denise said, the very design of the front of Carol's house, in large part was colored by, so to speak, by the fact that we wanted to have a hand grenade scene.
而且她的车需要停得离窗户足够近,窗户应该设计成什么形状?
And the her vehicle needed to be parked close enough to the window and how should the window be shaped?
对。
Right.
这就导致了那种圆形的...叫什么来着?
It led to that sort of round what do you call that?
像是凸窗之类的,但有点圆弧形的
Like a bay window or something, but it's kinda rounded and
就是圆形。
Just round.
没错。
Yeah.
然后我们在外面测量它。
And then we're out there measuring it.
你能从窗户把手榴弹扔到她停车的那个位置吗?
Can you throw a grenade from the window to where the cars whatever vehicle she's driving is parked?
是的,当你有时间时——或者说当你清楚故事走向时,这感觉太棒了,帮助非常大。
And, yeah, it's it's amazing when you have the time, or rather when you know where you're going story wise, it helps so much.
这真是个美妙的全部
Just it's a wonderful All
所有这些,比如她破门而入的场景,邻居们能从那里看到吗?
of that, like just her breaking into her own front door, can the neighbors see it from there?
我的意思是,所有这些因素都在起作用,其中很多都源自那些指导我们设计整个街区的规划草图。
I mean, all of that plays in and and a lot of that was taken from the outlines that kind of drove how we designed that whole neighborhood.
你知道,随着我们越来越了解其他房屋会发生什么,我们就能提前做好规划。
You know, what happens and the more we knew like what happens to other houses, we could plan ahead for that.
她家后院够大能埋下她吗?对。
Does she have a big enough backyard to bury her Right.
你知道吗?
You know?
由叙事需求和叙事决策所引导。
Directed by narrative needs and narrative decisions.
是啊。
Yeah.
还有件发生在那个场景后续的事我觉得特别有意思,戈登,就是让摄像师拆下镜头,通过实际移动镜头来增强佐西亚失血垂死而卡萝竭力抢救时那种混乱感。
It's something else that happened in that that aftermath of that scene that I think is really interesting, Gordon, was having the camera techs unseat the lens and kind of go like, have it practically moving the lens in and around to kind of enhance the chaos of that moment as Zosia is bleeding out and Carol is trying to save her life.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
你
Do you
想谈谈那个决定吗?
wanna talk about that decision?
我是说,嗯,我们,我想我曾在《妖夜慌踪》幕后看到过一些片段,或者看到某个场景让我想起,就像,有个瞬间大卫·林奇把镜头从相机里取出来,产生了奇怪的失焦效果。
I mean, well, we, I think I I'd seen something of a behind the scenes of Lost Highway or saw a scene from Lost Highway that reminded me that, like, there's a moment where David Lynch took the lens out of the camera, and it does a weird unfocusing effect.
嗯。
Mhmm.
就在镜头重新安装时,它会有点晃动。
And it's like right when you when the lens is seating, it kinda jumps around.
没错。
Right.
所以
And so
所以我对保罗说,你看,这应该是一种印象派且破碎的感觉。
and that's why I said to Paul, I'm like, you know, this is supposed to be like a kind of impressionistic and fractured kinda feeling.
对。
Right.
要不我们在这里试试看?
Like, what if we tried that here?
刚取出来又重新安装,这操作非常困难,所有功劳归于克里斯·诺里斯,我们出色的第一摄影助理。
Just taken out and reseating, and it's very hard to do, and all credit to Chris Norris, our incredible a camera first AC.
他的工作主要是找准焦点确保画面清晰,但同时还要拆卸镜头、重新安装,并在拍摄过程中不断调整焦点,这使得摄像机画面会有些晃动。
His job is generally, you know, finding the focus and making sure everything's sharp, but he's also taking the lens out and putting it back in and finding the focus through the course of the shot, and it makes that's where the the camera the it jumps around a bit.
看起来
It looks
有点像分形效果。
a little bit like fraction.
这不是剪辑技巧。
It's not an editorial trick.
是实拍效果。
It's practical.
你肯定不想把这该死的东西摔了。
And you don't wanna drop that damn thing.
它值两万美元呢。
It's worth, like, $20,000.
那些镜头非常昂贵。
Those lenses are very expensive.
你需要精准把握时机操作,不能只是模糊带过,要能感受到那种节奏,但又不能太过...
You wanna be able to do it so that the timing is right, and it's not just fuzzing out and you kinda feel it, but without so they It's
充满动感。
very kinetic.
后来我们又进一步调整,删减了些许帧数让效果更突出——这其实很主观。
And then and then I think we took it a little further with some of it, and we did remove frames here and there just to to really make it more it's really subjective.
是的。
Yeah.
这个场景更加主观,基本上是从卡罗尔的视角出发的,我认为那种她正在感受的状态被视觉化地呈现了出来,这非常酷。
The scene is way more subjective and kind of from Carol's point of view, kind of that just the way that it it's feeling for her, I think, is is really represented visually, which I think is is very cool.
没错。
Yeah.
而且再次强调,这是实拍的。
And and again, practical.
我们没有用数字技术那样处理那个画面。
We're not digitally manipulating that image in that way.
这实际上是通过镜头实现的,只是在这里或那里去掉了一些帧。
It's actually happening with the lens and then just removing frames here and there.
还有血迹效果。
And the blood effect.
所以当我们看到流血场景,你倒在地上等等,希望这些能给卡罗尔头脑中那种完全混乱的状态增添一点味道。
So it's when when we're watching the the bleeding and you kind of on the ground and all of that, hopefully, it adds a little bit of a a flavor to be in Carol's head of how completely discombobulated this.
她不仅没打算引爆这颗手雷,她根本不知道这是颗真手雷。
Not only did she not intend to to blow up this grade, she she really had no idea that this was a real grenade.
她只是以为他们在撒谎,他们会说'哦,你想要手雷是吧'。
She just assumed that they're liars, and they'd be like, oh, you wanted a grenade.
看。
Look.
我们会让你开心的,这没什么大不了的。
We'll make you happy, and that there's nothing to it.
虽然有但是,但她学到了非常重要的事情。
There's but but she learned something very important.
你摔得真漂亮,亚当。
You did a great fall, Adam.
我正想问
I was just gonna ask
你们。
you guys.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
为此做了多少准备?
How much prep went into that?
那让人害怕吗?
And was that frightening?
我是说,因为我知道有些电影特效。
I mean, because I I know that there's some movie magic.
石头是软垫的,但你是真的——我是说,毫不犹豫地,它
The stones are padded, but you're really I mean, with no hesitation, it
看起来我们试了多少次。
looks how many times we tried it.
我想我们讨论过,然后我练习了几次,之后就没有了。
I think we talked about it, then I think I practiced a couple times, and then we just didn't.
我们还讨论过,你知道,当我从房子里出来时,她受伤有多严重,以及这些人,其他人受伤时,他们会像普通人一样感到疼痛,这些方面是否有程度上的差异。
We also talked about, you know, when I come out of the house of, like, how injured is she and how, you know, these people, the others, when they get injured, they feel pain as normal people do, is there less in the levels of all that stuff.
对,就是那样,我们练习了几次后我就直接上了,大概拍了有两三次吧。
Yeah, so that was, yeah, we would just practice a couple times and then I just went for it and we shot it, I think two or three times.
对。
Yeah.
然后就是更多的‘对’。
And there was just more yeah.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
最让我尴尬的是你直接跪下去了。
The part that makes me cringe the most is you drop it to your knees.
因为
Because
那时候对。
when Yeah.
你当时穿着...所以我戴了护膝。
You were wearing So I was wearing knee pads.
没错。
That's right.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我戴了护膝,而且垫子看起来像是石头材质的。
I was wearing knee pads and the padding on the what it looked like, it was the stone.
还挺厚的。
It was pretty thick.
所以完全没问题。
So it was completely fine.
一点都不疼。
It didn't hurt.
这让我能够真正放手去做。
And so it allowed me to really allow myself to go for it
哇。
Wow.
然后顺其自然。
And let it happen.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以就是这样。
So that was yeah.
太棒了。
It was great.
我还有另一个想法,我觉得你表现得非常出色,尤其是当你躺在那里表演时,那种地狱般的
And I another thought where I think you did a great job was just the performance of when you're, like, laying there and The hell
要来了吗?
is coming?
然后你就这样,
And you're like,
别担心,卡罗尔。
don't worry, Carol.
不是我。
It's not me.
没事的,别担心。
It's it's don't worry.
有人来了。
People are coming.
你没事的。
You're it's okay.
比如,你快要晕倒了。
Like, you're passing out.
你在流血。
You're bleeding.
你后背有弹片,但你在担心
You've got shrapnel in your back, and but you're worried
受伤的事,但我觉得没关系。
about injured, but I'm like, it's okay.
但你确实没有。
But you're not yeah.
就像你能感受到疼痛,但同时又有种超然物外的禅意。
It's like you're you feel the pain, but also you're you have the sort of zen of being one of the others.
我很喜欢进行这些对话,就是探讨我们能走多远?
And I loved having all these conversations, you know, of just, like, how far do we take it?
这些人能走多远?
How how far do these people go?
这是给卡萝尔的,给那些老派的人,你懂吧?
It's for Carol, for the old schoolers, you know?
所以能够演奏那个真是件很棒的事。
And so it was it was such a great thing to be able to play that.
很有趣。
It was fun.
是啊。
Yeah.
你能稍微谈谈你的试镜过程吗?
Can you talk a little bit about the audition process for you?
因为在那个场景之前,她带了手榴弹,但舒巴必须做些什么,当他们谈论阿夸维特酒时,据我所知那是化学反应试镜的场景。
Because just preceding that, the scene where she's brought the grenade, but Shuba must do and when they're just talking about Akvavit, my understanding is that was the chemistry read scene.
是的。
Yes.
确实是。
It was.
对啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
和雷一起。
With Ray.
嗯。
Yeah.
我本来想在第二集问你的,但我不想透露那个
What what was the I would have asked you in in episode two, but I didn't wanna give away the
场景吗?
The scene?
对。
Yeah.
当然。
Of course.
或许可以聊聊那次经历是怎样的,以及它如何影响或区别于实际和她拍摄那场戏的过程。
Maybe talk about what that experience was like, and then how it informed or differed from actually shooting the scene with her.
嗯,这很棒因为我觉得在试镜前,我有机会和文斯聊了聊。
Well, was amazing because I think before the test, I got to speak with Vince.
文斯带我过了一遍当天会是什么样子。
And Vince took me through what the day was gonna be like.
我们坐下来聊了很久,那感觉很好。
And we sat down, we talked for a while, and that was great.
所以我们互相了解了,变得更自在了。
So got to know each other, got more comfortable.
因为这真是个让人紧张的过程,你知道,就是突然就轮到你了,然后他们就像‘好吧,让我们看看你的表现’。
Cause it's such a nerve racking process, you know, and it's just, you're just there, and then one's kinda like, alright, let's see what you got.
但感觉真的很放松,虽然我当时很紧张。
You know, but it just felt really comfortable, I was nervous.
我紧张得不得了。
I was incredibly nervous.
我全身都在发抖。
I was shaking my whole body.
当时感觉灵魂出窍,因为这是我第一次见到文斯,然后又见到雷。
Was having an out of body experience because I was like here I am meeting Vince for the first time and then meeting Ray.
我们围坐聊天,然后话题又回到了雷身上。
We sat around, we talked and then you know again it goes to Ray.
她总让人感到特别自在。
She just makes you feel so comfortable.
有次他们问我和雷要不要出去排练下场景之类的。
And at one point, they asked if we wanna step outside Ray and I, and, you know, rehearsed the scene and and all that.
我记得我当时拒绝了。
And I I remember I was like, no.
我觉得这样就挺好。
I think I'm good.
我们就直接演吧,看看效果如何。
Let's just let's just do it and just see what happens.
和雷对戏时,她总是那么乐于配合。
And just, you know, playing with Ray, and and she's, again, she's just so giving.
她全神贯注。
She's so present.
她完全沉浸在当下。
She's so there.
我们演完那场戏后,文斯给了些建议,我们又重演了一遍。
And we just play the scene, and then Vince gave notes, we play the scene again.
我还记得我跟你说过什么,文斯。
And and I remember I said something to you, Vince.
我当时觉得,我笑得是不是太多了。
I was like, I think I'm smiling too much.
我笑得太多吗?
Am I smiling too much?
你就说,不不,没有
And you're like, no, no, not
完全没有。
at all.
你知道的,你在这儿。
You know, you're here.
你表现得非常出色。
You killed it.
这是个非常难演的角色。
You were the it's a very tough role.
因为就像雷自己跟我解释的那样,当你表演时,
Because as Ray herself explained it to me, when you are acting,
你是在对别人做出反应。
you're reacting to somebody else.
你总是会与某人共情。
And you always you go on the empathetic journey with somebody.
是啊,当然。
Yeah, of course.
你在共情他人的情绪。
You're matching emotion.
是的,确实如此。
Yeah, you do.
如果有人生气,你也会生气。
If someone gets mad, you get mad.
如果有人难过,你也会难过。
If someone gets sad, you get sad.
嗯,你也会对他们的愤怒做出反应,对吧?
Well, also you react to their madness, right?
所以如果有人生气,你的身体自然会对此愤怒做出反应,而其他人不会。
So if somebody gets mad, naturally your body reacts to that anger and the others don't.
对。
Yeah.
他们只需要保持空间,让情绪像一阵风一样掠过,就像,噗,你知道的,像什么都没发生。
They just have to hold space and just has to wash over them just like, poof, you know, like nothing.
我不得不问戈登关于豆芽的拍摄顺序,而且很难谈论在实际豆芽店里拍摄时间如此紧张的情况。
I can't not ask Gordon about the sprout sequence, and it's it's impossible to talk about having so little time to shoot in the actual Sprouts.
谢谢。
Thanks.
感谢豆芽店允许我们在那里拍摄。
Shout out to Sprouts for letting us shoot there.
知道。
Know.
Brouts太棒了。
Brouts is awesome.
是啊。
Yeah.
当我提交这个时,丹尼斯立刻就说,这个序列太疯狂了。
When I turned this in, Denise immediately was like, this sequence is insane.
我当时就懵了,啥?
And I was like, what?
我们只是...这只是个超市而已。
We just it's just a supermarket.
我们只是...我们只是找了个超市。
We just we just find a supermarket.
她却说,不。
And she was like, no.
这太疯狂了。
This is insane.
我都不知道在已经有冰旅馆的情况下我们该怎么处理这个。
I don't know how we're gonna do this with the ice hotel already.
就像你说的,当你写点东西然后发现时,这就是其中之一。
And and like you say, when you write something and you find out, this was one of those.
确实,我们当时必须想办法解决。
And yeah, we did have to figure out how to do it.
最开始...我们找到的是Sprouts超市。
It was it first, we found Sprouts.
我想克里斯蒂安和Sprouts超市的克里斯蒂安·德布多伊——我们出色的门店经理——发生了争执,他说他们可能有兴趣。但当你和他们谈时,他们却说不。
I think Christian's got into got into it with Sprouts, our our Christian DeBudoy, our our wonderful location manager and said they might be interested And when, of course, when you're talking to them, it's like, no.
不。
No.
他们一开始会说好的。
They'll let you first, they're like, yeah.
当然。
Sure.
我们会让你在店里自由拍摄一周。
We'll we'll we'll give you the run of the place for a week.
我们觉得这太棒了。
And we're like, that's fantastic.
但随着事情层层上报,拍摄天数变得越来越短。
And then as it goes up the corporate ladder, those days get shorter and shorter and shorter and shorter shorter and shorter.
因为他们要经营超市生意。
Because they have a business to to to a supermarket business.
他们要经营超市业务,而我们得想办法清空店铺再重新进货等等。
They have a supermarket business, and we have to figure out how to empty the store and then restock the store and and all of that.
最终我们想出个折中方案:可以在Sprouts店内拍摄,但不能在店外停车场拍。
So eventually, we've sort of figured out a two state solution where we could shoot inside Sprouts but not outside Sprouts in the parking lot.
对。
Right.
我们还设计了一段类似巴斯比·伯克利的歌舞镜头
And we had a there was a sort of Busby Berkeley esque sequence that I'd written
为一场卡车芭蕾。
for A truck ballet.
一场芭蕾。
A ballet.
嗯,我原本是为商店内部写的,就是补货时物品被摆上货架之类的场景。
Well, I had it written for inside the store, the restocking where there's things are going up on the shelves and all this stuff.
这个是有故事板的。
Storyboards exist for this.
我当时觉得非常美好。
And I was like Really lovely.
我们...我们实在做不到。
We we just couldn't.
我们...这根本不可能。
We we it was impossible.
我们刚做完
We just did
不对。
not Right.
因为你会看到他们实际补货的全过程。
Have Because you were gonna see them actually restocking everything.
比我们做的多得多。
Way more than we did.
是啊。
Yeah.
我们确实看到了些蛛丝马迹,但原本打算大做文章的。
We see we see the hints of it, but we were gonna really make a meal out of it.
我们当时说,听着,我们确实可以大做文章,但必须把场景挪到室外才行。
And we said, look, we can we can make a meal out of it, but we had to sort of shift it to be outside.
没错。
Right.
然后还得想办法解决——因为停车场位于一家废弃的西尔斯百货,和同意配合拍摄的超市根本不在同一个城区。
And then figure out because the parking lot is in a abandoned Sears in a totally different part of town than the supermarket that was able to shoot with us.
所以上帝保佑Sprouts超市愿意提供拍摄场地,但这过程可费了不少周折。
So God bless Sprouts for giving us the the ability to shoot there at all, but it was quite a deal.
我敢说关于这事,你记得的细节肯定比我多。
I'm sure you you probably remember more details than I do about how this
Sprouts超市确实帮了大忙。
Sprouts was really helpful too.
我们用了他们不少员工协助,因为实际上我们清空了半个超市,你知道的,然后又重新补货。
We used a lot of their people that help us because we actually did empty out half the store, you know, and restock it.
所以布景组连夜派了好几组人轮班。
So, were, you know, a couple of overnight crews in set deck.
后来我们去西尔斯百货拍摄时——其实在《风骚律师》里就用过那个场地。
And then when we went to the Sears, I still had we had shot on Better Call Saul.
我们在那个西尔斯百货里搭建了整个百货公司的场景。
We had created a whole department store in that Sears.
确实如此。
That's right.
一样的事。
Same thing.
是你
Did you
写的吗?
write that?
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
那是艾莉森写的。
That was Allison.
对。
Yeah.
米歇尔·麦克卢伦执导的。
And Michelle McCluren directed it.
没错。
Right.
乔伊·卢和我负责剪辑的。
And Joey Lou and I edited that.
是的。
Yeah.
我当时有点,哦,天哪。
And I was kind of like, oh, boy.
这就是为什么当我看到Sprouts时,心想,哦,它差点毁了Sol上的艺术部门。
That's why when I saw the Sprouts thing, thought, oh, it almost killed the art department on Sol.
我当时想,不知道我们能不能搞定这事,尤其是面对真食物和所有这些其他东西。
I thought, I don't know if we can do this, you know, especially with real food and all this other stuff.
但谢天谢地Sprouts最终决定配合我们。
But thank God that Sprouts did decide to play along.
他们太棒了。
They were wonderful.
是啊,确实。
Yeah, they were.
确实如此。
They were.
然后我们把停车场、那家西尔斯百货的外景改造成了Sprouts的外景,效果很不错。
And then we'd made the parking lot, the exterior of that Sears, our exterior of Sprouts, which worked out fine.
最后我们还处理了所有卡车的问题。
Then we ended up addressing all the trucks.
对。
Yeah.
视觉效果搞定的。
Visual effects making it.
没错。
Yeah.
真的。
Really.
是啊。
Yeah.
那些卡车司机技术真是精准。
And those trucks are really precision drivers.
没错。
Yeah.
我们之所以在一些镜头中停留那么久,就是为了让你们看清那些卡车确实精准地撞上了标记点。
The reason we stay in some of those shots so long is just so you can see those trucks are actually hitting marks Yeah.
驾驶精准得如同艺术。
Driving with other esque precision.
光是这个场景我们就能聊上三小时。
We could talk about it for three hours about that whole sequence.
我希望观众看到时会觉得这一切毫不费力。
It it my hope is that when people see it, it will feel effortless.
因为就该让人觉得理所当然——就像其他人那样,'哦,当然'。
Like, because it should feel like the others kinda just, oh, sure.
想要个超市场景?
You want a supermarket?
直接拍就是了。
We'll just do it.
我认为这要归功于我们的特技团队——那些司机们,还有视效团队,因为我们需要通过合成让人群看起来无处不在,还要解决内外景匹配的问题:有几处镜头是从Sprouts超市内往外看,但外景实际是西尔斯停车场,还有几处外景回拍镜头,必须让所有细节都严丝合缝。
I think that everybody our stunts team that had those drivers and our VFX team because we had to do some compositing to just make that crowd feel like it was coming from everywhere and all of this and figure out how to match because when there are a few times where you're inside Sprouts looking out and it does not look like the Sears parking lot and there's a couple times where you're outside looking back, and you just had to make everything match.
Nido或动作编排与你合作,并和临时演员们一起工作。
Nido or movement choreography made and worked with you and worked with the extras.
是的。
Yeah.
临时演员们表现很棒。
Extras were great.
他们做得非常出色。
They did a great job.
Nido和Angie一起合作过。
Nido and and Angie worked together.
Angie Meyer,第一副导演。
Angie Meyer, the first AD.
对,我们的第一副导演。
Yeah, our first AD.
他们负责管理临时演员和背景动作,对吧?
They're in charge of extras and back or background action, right?
但我们需要非常精确的配合。
But we had so much precision that needed to be there.
所以Nito和他的一些核心成员——那些受过舞蹈训练、懂得如何移动的人——事先进行了排练。
So, Nito and Nito had practiced with some of his key people that were sort of dancer trained that they knew how to move.
然后这些人需要与Angie带领的毫无训练基础的其他人员融合在一起。
And those people had to be filtered in with all these other people who had no training that Angie was working with.
我认为这比看起来要复杂得多。
It's more complicated than it looks, I think.
这相当复杂。
It's pretty complicated.
所以这又是那种看似简单实则复杂的事情,
So It's, again, one of those effortlessly complex things where it's
希望如此吧。
like Hopefully.
感觉像在跳舞,一切都完美契合。
It feels like a dance, and it feels like everything just slots in perfectly.
但真正实现它所需的细节量简直惊人。
But the amount of detail that went into actually making it a reality is just staggering.
当然,也要感谢你把各部分组合起来的智慧。
And, of course, credit to you for figuring out how to put these pieces together.
这真的太不可思议了。
Like, it's it's incredible.
我记得看到时就在想,好吧。
Like, I remember seeing it and going, okay.
看到这种场景时我紧张得要命,一直在想这真的能行吗?
Like, it's just I'm so tense when I'm seeing a sequence like that, and I'm like, is this gonna work at all?
但当我看到你的剪辑版本时,我就觉得没问题了。
And it's like, when I saw your cut, I'm like, okay.
我们可以确定这能成功。
We can we'll figure that this is gonna work.
不会变成一场灾难的。
It's not gonna be a disaster.
我很高兴我很开心。
I'm I'm glad I'm happy.
是的。
Yes.
在真正的芽菜店里待了多少天,在西尔斯百货外面又待了多少天?
How many days total inside the real sprouts and outside the Sears?
你们还记得总共拍摄了多少天吗?
Do you guys remember how many days total you shot?
我感觉我们有,
I feel like we had,
大概在芽菜店里待了两天,
like, two days in Sprouts with,
对,没错。
like Correct.
细分来说,我想总共是三天,但其中有一天是通宵换装,还有一天是外景拍摄,所以可能总共拍摄了三天,然后是四天?
Breakdown and break so is it I think it was three days total, but one of those was, like, an overnight dress and an an outside looking in and so maybe three days shooting total and then four?
对。
Yeah.
三天还是四天?
Three or four?
或者在西尔斯百货拍了四天。
Or four at Sears.
是的。
Yeah.
一个是开卡车的,一个是卸货的。
One of those just truck driving, one of them just unloading.
这确实证明了
It's a real testament to
是啊。
Yeah.
有...有
There were there were
很多
a lot
就像你说的,剧组和那些群众演员都做得非常出色。
the crew that and like you said, the extras that are doing such great work.
他们干得很棒。
They did a great job.
玛丽找到了一些不错的人选。
Marie found some good people.
玛丽,我们的群演选角导演。
Marie, our our background casting.
确实如此。
She did.
我得特别感谢罗伯特·贝利,他是我们的
I gotta give a shout out to, Robert Bailey, who was our
没错。
Yes.
DHL快递员。
DHL guy.
只因那最后一刻。
Just because that end moment.
我喜欢他鞋子的吱吱声和他的表演。
And I like the squeak in his shoes and his performance.
这很棘手,因为他必须拥有与你带给Zosia的卡罗莱纳相同的能量,而你有更多时间去融入那个角色并理解它。
It's so tricky because he has to have the same kind of energy that that Carolina that you're bringing to Zosia, and you have so much more time to inhabit that character and understand.
他有着相同的感受,相同的表现力,我认为他表现得非常出色。
And he's has the same feelings, the same expressiveness, and I thought he just knocked it out of the park.
是啊。
Yeah.
太棒了。
Fantastic.
每次见到他都能让我笑出声。
He makes me laugh every damn time I see him.
他太有趣了。
He's he's so funny.
是啊。
Yeah.
这很奇怪,因为就像你说的,克里斯,他正在延续那段情感旅程。
And it's weird because it's like he's like you say, Chris, he's continuing that emotional journey
没错。
Right.
你一直在参与的那个。
That you've been on.
是啊。
Yeah.
能看到这么多其他人加入并成为其中一员,真是太棒了。
It's great to see all these other people come in and be the others.
对吧?
Right?
因为这能让你真切地感受到这个世界的脉搏。
Because it just gives you, like, the real feel for the world.
用一种奇怪的方式来说,我们是在向你致敬,因为你也同样是他。
In a weird way, we're giving a shout out to you because you're him as well.
没错。
Yes.
众生一体。
All one.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。