本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
本节目由以下赞助支持:经营企业已经够难了,为什么还要用十几个互不相通的应用程序让事情变得更复杂呢?
Support for this show comes from Running a business is hard enough, so why make it harder with a dozen different apps that don't talk to each other?
隆重推出Odoo。
Introducing Odoo.
这是您一生中唯一需要的商业软件。
It's the only business software you'll ever need.
它是一个一体化、完全集成的平台,能让您的工作更轻松。
It's an all in one fully integrated platform that makes your work easier.
客户关系管理、会计、库存、电子商务等等。
CRM, accounting, inventory, ecommerce, and more.
最棒的是什么?
And the best part?
Odoo以远低于传统方案的成本,取代了多个昂贵的平台。
Odoo replaces multiple expensive platforms for a fraction of the cost.
因此,成千上万家企业已经选择了切换到Odoo。
That's why over thousands of businesses have made the switch.
那你为什么不呢?
So why not you?
前往 odoo.com 免费试用 Odoo。
Try Odoo for free at odoo.com.
那就是 odoo.com。
That's odoo.com.
本节目由维珍大西洋航空赞助。
Support for this show comes from Virgin Atlantic.
很多人对飞行感到恐惧。
A lot of people dread flying.
我坐过一些糟糕的航班,也坐过真正糟糕透顶的航班。
I've been on some bad flights, and I've been on some truly miserable flights.
但当一家航空公司真正为你着想,机组人员把你当作贵宾对待时,情况就完全不同了。
But it's a whole different story when an airline shows up for you and the crew treats you like a VIP.
从你登机的那一刻起,维珍大西洋就提供温暖贴心的一对一服务。
Virgin Atlantic offers warm one on one service from the moment you step on board.
其头等舱提供四道菜的餐食、可完全平躺的座椅,以及按需提供的饮品。
Its upper class cabin features four course meals, fully lay flat seats, and drinks delivered on demand.
乘坐维珍大西洋航空,让旅程与目的地一样非凡。
Make the journey as exceptional as a destination when you fly Virgin Atlantic.
前往 virginatlantic.com 了解更多信息。
Go to virginatlantic.com to learn more.
本节目由Odoo赞助。
Support for this show comes from Odoo.
经营企业已经够难了,为什么还要用十几个互不相通的软件来让事情更复杂呢?
Running a business is hard enough, so why make it harder with a dozen different apps that don't talk to each other?
隆重推出Odoo。
Introducing Odoo.
这是你一生中唯一需要的商业软件。
It's the only business software you'll ever need.
它是一个全功能、完全集成的平台,让您的工作更轻松。
It's an all in one fully integrated platform that makes your work easier.
客户关系管理、会计、库存、电子商务等。
CRM, accounting, inventory, ecommerce, and more.
最棒的是什么?
And the best part?
Odoo 以极低的成本取代了多个昂贵的平台。
Odoo replaces multiple expensive platforms for a fraction of the cost.
因此,成千上万家企业已经选择了切换。
That's why over thousands of businesses have made the switch.
那你呢?
So why not you?
前往 odoo.com 免费试用 Odoo。
Try Odoo for free at odoo.com.
就是 odoo.com。
That's odoo.com.
今天的数字是四千万。
Today's number, 40,000,000.
这是前五名灵性商品卖家在Etsy上赚取的美元数额。
That's how many dollars the top five spirituality sellers have made on Etsy.
今天的另一个数字是100。
Today's other number is 100.
这将是我们的最新产品“Prof G水晶”的售价。
That's how many dollars we will be charging for our latest product, Prof G Crystals.
我来给你报价。
I'll give you price.
货币市场疯了。
Money market's mad.
如果钱是邪恶的,那么那栋楼就是地狱。
If money is evil, then that building is hell.
节目结束了。
The show goes off.
价格从来没人关注。
The price are never watched.
这太令人难过了。
It's so sad.
欢迎来到Prof G市场。
Welcome to Prof G Markets.
我是埃德·埃尔森。
I'm Ed Elson.
今天是4月2日。
It is April 2.
让我们来看看昨天的市场关键数据。
Let's check-in on yesterday's market vitals.
主要指数连续第二天上涨。
The major indices extended their rally for a second day in a row.
布伦特原油价格一度跌破每桶100美元。
Brent crude prices briefly slipped below a $100 per barrel.
国债收益率当日持平,美元继续下滑。
Treasury yields were flat on the day, and the dollar continued its slide.
好的。
Okay.
发生什么事了?
What's happening?
股市仍在上涨,市场预期与伊朗的战争正在缓和。
Stocks are still rallying on hopes that war with Iran is winding down.
特朗普总统表示,伊朗总统已请求停火,但美国只有在霍尔木兹海峡真正自由、开放和畅通的情况下才会考虑。
President Trump said the president of Iran has asked for a ceasefire, but The US will only consider when the Strait Of Hormuz is, quote, free, open, and clear.
这发生在特朗普告诉助手,即使霍尔木兹海峡仍被封锁,他也愿意结束战争的第二天。
That comes a day after Trump told aides he'd be open to ending the war even if the Strait Of Hormuz remains closed.
标普500指数周二飙升近3%,纳斯达克指数上涨近4%,所有三大指数昨日继续上涨。
The S and P five hundred surged nearly 3%, and the Nasdaq was up nearly 4% on Tuesday, and all three major indices continued their rise yesterday.
为此,我们邀请到NFJ投资集团的首席投资官、投资组合经理和股票策略师约翰·莫里出席,讨论市场动态。
So here to discuss the market's movement, we're speaking with John Mowrey, Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Manager and Equity Strategist at NFJ Investment Group.
所以,约翰,我们不断收到这些声明。
So John, we keep on getting all of these announcements.
但需要明确的是,我们是在特朗普发表晚上9点的声明之前录制的。
And to be clear, we are recording this before Trump makes his 9PM announcement.
他说他将向全国发表这一讲话。
He said he's gonna deliver this address to the nation.
当人们听到这段录音时,他已经发表了该讲话。
When people listen to this, he'll have made that address.
很遗憾,我们无法对此进行分析。
Unfortunately, we cannot analyze it.
我们是在之前录制的。
We're recording it before.
然而,目前市场看起来相当乐观。
However, markets appear to be quite optimistic right now.
他们在周二乐观,周三也同样乐观。
They are optimistic on Tuesday, optimistic on Wednesday as well.
您如何看待市场对这场战争可能结束的反应?
What do you make of the market's reaction to what might be an end to this war?
也许不是。
Maybe not.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
所以我认为,当你看到中东局势变化带来的多重估值压缩时,你必须保持一定程度的乐观。
So I think that, you know, when you look at the multiple compression that has occurred off of what has gone on in The Middle East, you have to be somewhat optimistic.
你知道,科技股占标普500指数的最大板块,如今其市盈率低于20倍,而盈利增长却在加速。
You know, technology stocks, which make up the largest sector in the S and P 500, they're now trading below 20 times earnings with accelerating earnings growth.
这实际上是自2022年以来的最低估值水平。
That's actually the lowest multiple since back in '22.
你现在已经超越了‘解放日’时期的估值水平。
You've now gotten past the Liberation Day multiple.
因此,作为长期股票投资者,你必须保持乐观。
So I think you have to be optimistic as a long term equity investor here.
关于石油市场正在发生的情况,我的看法是,显然,石油板块在第一季度表现极为强劲。
What I would say about what's going on in the oil markets, I mean, obviously, the oil sector was extremely strong in the first quarter.
我认为这是自1989年以来第二好的季度。
I think it was the second best quarter since 1989.
能源股在年初时拥有两个明显的优势。
And energy stocks had two distinct advantages going into the year.
首先是它们历史上估值低廉,其次是油价飙升带来的外部冲击。
The first is that they were historically cheap, and then you had the exogenous shock that occurred with the oil spike.
所以我认为,当你观察当前的情况时,展望更多周期性领域时,你确实应该保持乐观。
So I think that, you know, when you look at what's going on, you definitely have to be optimistic as you look at more cyclical areas.
科技股和金融股遭受了严重打压。
Technology, financials have really been beaten up.
尽管整体市场仅下跌了大约7%,但市盈率已经压缩到远低于我
And even though the broader markets are only down, you know, 7%, the multiple has compressed far below what I
认为
think
投资者在考虑总回报基础上的小幅回调时可能预期的水平。
investors might expect given, you know, kind of a more small pullback on a total return basis.
是的。
Yeah.
你提到科技板块很有意思,因为确实这些市盈率已经被压缩了。
It's it's interesting you mentioned the the tech sector there because, yes, the the those multiples have been compressed.
许多科技巨头在这个季度遭受重创,出现了大幅下跌。
A lot of the biggest names in tech have just gotten crushed this quarter, like big, big drawdowns.
而难以理解的是,这些下跌与中东局势究竟有多大关系。
And I guess what's hard to understand is how much of that even has to do with what's happening in The Middle East.
比如周一,我们看到市场出现了一点反弹,恰逢一些和平谈判的消息,或至少有一些声明让人觉得战争可能即将结束。
I mean, on on Monday, as an example, we saw there was a little bit of a rally, and it coincided with some maybe peace talks or at least some, announcements that made it seem like maybe the war was coming to an end.
你看到这次反弹主要集中在科技板块,这让我不禁想,这两者怎么会有关联呢?
You saw this rally, but it was mostly in the tech sector, at which point I'm kind of thinking, why how are these even related?
也许是因为经过霍尔木兹海峡的氦气。
I mean, maybe it's the helium that goes through the Strait Of Hormuz.
这些氦气会进入半导体产业。
It goes into the semiconductors.
但这是真正的问题所在吗?
But is that really the problem here?
比如,这两者之间有什么联系?
Like, what is the connection between those two?
它们之间真的有联系吗?
Is there any connection at all?
那作为投资者,你该怎么办?
And what does that leave you to do as an investor?
是的。
Yeah.
有很多因素在交织影响。
There's a lot of pieces swirling around.
你知道,还有对私人信贷的担忧。
You know, you have the concerns around private credit.
现在你又面临突如其来的通胀冲击。
You now have, you know, shock inflation.
这与高通胀截然不同。
That's very different than hot inflation.
对吧?
Right?
因此,你担心美联储可能无法像人们预期的那样大幅降息。
So you have concern that the Fed may not be able to cut as much as folks thought.
所以我认为,这些是两个明显的担忧。
So I think that, you know, those are two obvious concerns.
然后你还有中东冲突持续多久这样的外部冲击。
And then you have, you know, the exogenous shocks of how long does this conflict in The Middle East drag out.
这看起来比委内瑞拉的情况要复杂一些。
This looks like a bit more of a complicated situation relative to Venezuela.
所以,埃德,我完全同意你的看法。
So I couldn't agree more, Ed.
你知道,当你观察科技领域正在发生的事情时,早在这一消息公布之前,科技股就已经在下跌了。
You know, when you look at what's going on in technology, that was selling off well before this news came out.
嗯。
And Mhmm.
这确实围绕着这些科技公司能否维持其利润率的担忧。
That really is around concerns around can these technology companies hold their margins?
在人工智能进步的背景下,这还能实现吗?
Is that gonna be possible to do with the advances in AI?
颇具讽刺意味的是,标普500指数中市值最大的股票英伟达,某种程度上正在颠覆其自身的软件领域同行。
It's really ironic that NVIDIA, the largest stock in the S and P 500, is disrupting its own siblings to some degree in the software space.
没人真正预料到这一点。
No one really expected that.
但有趣的是,我今天查看了数据,大型软件公司的盈利和利润率至今尚未出现变化。
What's fascinating though, and I was looking at this today, there's not been any change to earnings and margins for the large software names yet.
因此,要么市场只是在预期盈利下调之前进行重新定价,要么就是市场正在重新调整,并出现更广泛的轮动交易。
So either the market just wants to reprice in anticipation of earnings cuts or it's just the market recalibrating and kind of a broadening out trade.
我们已经讨论过市场长期存在的集中化领导格局。
We've talked about concentrated leadership in the market for some time.
因此,这可能是市场在重新调整、消化并压缩某些估值倍数,因为我们继续向前推进,而科技股的收益并未发生变化。
So this may be the market just reshuffling, digesting and compressing some of those multiples as we kind of march forward because the earnings in technology stocks have not changed.
这仅仅是一个估值倍数压缩的故事。
It's just been a multiple compression story.
正如我提到的,私人信贷方面有大量的信息,这也是另一个担忧。
So you have a lot of information with private credit, as I mentioned, that's been another concern.
我认为这引出了一个问题:如果通胀数据走强,而信贷领域又可能出现潜在问题,美联储的应对会不会更加困难?
I think that that parlays into, you know, is the Fed gonna have a harder time reacting if you have hotter inflation numbers coming out to what could be a brewing problem in credit?
许多私人信贷资金都投入了软件领域的各个部分。
And a lot of that private credit has funded a lot of the areas in software.
因此,所有这些因素都是相互关联的,无论是信贷利率,还是它们如何影响CPI数据,以及石油冲击带来的结果。
So all these are connected, whether it's credit interest rates and how that impacts the CPI readings coming out of, you know, the result of the oil shock.
是的。
Yeah.
信贷利率,当然还有人工智能。
Credit interest rates and then, of course, AI.
我想,AI的故事可能也是私人信贷故事的一部分,因为私人信贷的担忧源于对软件领域的持仓,而这些持仓又基于对AI或AI可能对经济产生的影响的预期。
And I guess maybe the AI story is kind of part of the private credit story as well because the private credit concerns are based on the holdings in software, which is based on the holdings in AI or what AI could do to that economy.
是的。
Yes.
看起来,我认为你可能同意这一点,即目前投资者和市场尤其缺乏方向感,或者说更好的表述是,他们的信心水平相比前几年显著降低。
It seems as though and I don't know if you agree with this, but it seems as though investors right now and the markets right now are especially unanchored or special maybe a better way to put it is seem to have very low levels of conviction, at least relative to what they had in in previous years.
比如Suttrini Research的例子,一份关于AI的博客文章发布后,突然所有人都开始抛售。
I mean, what we saw with Suttrini Research as an example where a blog post goes out that's related to AI and suddenly everyone starts selling.
我们最近在内存芯片市场也看到了类似情况,昨天我们在节目中讨论过,谷歌发布了一项算法,称这将改变内存芯片市场的格局,结果所有人都开始抛售。
We saw it recently with the memory chip market, which we were discussing on our show yesterday, where Google comes out with some algorithm that this is gonna change the way the memory chip market works, and then everyone sells.
然后伯恩斯坦发布了研究报告,说:不会有问题。
And then Bernstein comes out with research and says, no.
这根本不是个问题。
It's not gonna be a problem.
于是所有人都开始买入。
Everyone buys.
我不知道你的看法如何,但我感觉投资者现在非常困惑,根本无法坚定任何立场。
I don't know what your reading is, but I get the sense that investors are just so confused right now that they're not really down to go with any position.
他们就像风往哪吹就往哪走。
They're kind of going wherever the wind blows.
我觉得你一针见血。
I think you hit the nail on the head.
我刚查了美光科技,想确保数据准确无误。
I mean, I just pulled up Micron because I wanted to get it exactly right.
美光科技的未来盈利预期增长了739%,但市盈率却只有5倍。
Micron is growing forward earnings at 739% and trades at five times earnings.
这说明市场根本不知道该如何评估它的盈利前景。
So that is the market telling you it doesn't know what to do with the earnings profile.
盈利增长的幅度高得离谱。
The earnings growth is so egregious to the upside.
市场完全不知道该如何应对。
The market does not know what to do.
因此,尽管股价上涨了,但市盈率却被压低了,因为收益增长得异常迅猛。
So the multiple is being pushed down even though the stock has gone up because the earnings have accelerated so dramatically.
英伟达也出现了同样的情况。
The same thing is occurring with NVIDIA.
英伟达的收益增长率为80%,但市盈率却低于20倍。
NVIDIA is growing at 80, and it's trading below 20 times earnings.
这几乎和标普500指数的水平相当了。
That's, you know, at a parity almost with the S and P 500.
我完全同意。
So I couldn't agree more.
我觉得人们还不太清楚该怎么应对这种情况。
I don't think the folks know quite what to do with this.
我认为这最终将取决于超大规模云服务商的资本支出。
I think that it's really gonna come down to CapEx spend from the hyperscalers.
随着季度财报陆续公布,我们会对此有更清晰的了解。
We'll get a read on that as we roll into quarterly earnings.
但我要说,这是一个存在的风险。
But I will say this is one risk that is out there.
如果微软经历了艰难的季度,如果科技七巨头在股市持续表现不佳,这将削弱管理层继续投资资本支出的能力。
To the extent that Microsoft had a really tough quarter, to the extent that the Mag seven continues to struggle in the equity markets, that is going to put pressure on management's ability to contend continue funding CapEx.
历史上,他们一直依靠自由现金流来实现这一点。
You know, historically, they've done it from free cash flow.
现在他们不得不转向债务市场融资。
Now they're having to tap the debt markets.
但市场对这种做法的容忍是有限度的。
So the market will only tolerate that so far.
所以我认为,伊朗战争的走向以及CPI数据的持续表现将至关重要,因为如果科技七巨头的股价持续疲软,这些公司正是许多芯片和内存股票的主要客户。
So I think that, you know, what what plays out here with the war in Iran and the CPI continuing to come in is gonna be really critical because if the equities prices stay stay weak for the Mag seven, you know, those are the those are the customers for many of the of the chip and memory stocks.
因此,他们要继续维持资本支出周期将变得更加困难。
So it's gonna be tougher for them to to continue the CapEx cycle.
所以我们得看看这些财报最终会如何表现,但就我今天坐在这里所看到的估值、盈利水平以及表现良好的板块——比如能源、公用事业、房地产投资信托基金等防御性板块而言,我对经济能够渡过这一难关持乐观态度。
So we're gonna have to see how those earnings shake out, but I will tell you, as I sit here today and I look at where valuations are, I look at where earnings are, and I look at the sectors that did well, some of the more defensive sectors, energy, utilities, REITs, I'm optimistic that that we could push through this.
我认为当前政府真的不希望手上沾上战争。
And I think that the current administration really does not wanna war on their hands.
中期选举即将来临。
The midterms are coming up.
我认为会有很多压力促使各方尽快解决这个问题并退出。
I think that there's gonna be a lot of pressure to resolve this relatively quickly and move out.
特别是考虑到政府表示希望降低利率,如果持续推高油价,而霍尔木兹海峡持续关闭,情况将会变得更加艰难。
And particularly with, you know, the administration saying they want lower rates, it's gonna make it way harder if you continue to push oil prices because the strait stays closed.
你知道,有大约20%的世界石油供应要经过那里。
And, you know, that's 20% of the of the words world's oil supplies going through there.
所以我要提出一个有趣的观点,我还没听任何人谈起过,这与石油有关。
So one point that I will make that is fascinating, I haven't heard anyone talk about this, it relates to oil.
所以,在2022年,你遇到了两件非常糟糕的事情。
So, in 2022, you had two real bad things going on.
对吧?
Right?
当时正处于加息周期,同时还发生了乌克兰事件。
You had interest rate hiking cycle and then you had, the Ukraine.
你知道,乌克兰被俄罗斯入侵,油价因此飙升。
You know, Ukraine was invaded by Russia, and you saw oil oil prices shoot up.
这对市场来说是一个非常艰难的时期,因为美联储正在加息以应对由新冠疫情和供应链中断引发的通胀。
And that was a really tough period for the market because you had, the Fed raising rates to deal with inflation from COVID and supply chain disruptions.
再加上,你知道,还有一场战争正在进行。
And on top of that, you know, you had a a war going on.
所以情况真的非常艰难。
So it was really tough.
随之发生的是,贝克休斯钻机数量大幅增加,以应对更高的油价,增加石油产量。
And what occurred was you saw the Baker Hughes rig count really ramp up oil production to compensate for the higher oil prices.
但这种情况至今尚未发生。
That has not happened yet.
贝克休斯钻机数量并没有上升。
The Baker Hughes rig count has not moved higher.
我们明天会得到相关数据,但这也很有意思。
We're gonna get a reading tomorrow on that, but that's also interesting.
你知道,这需要上升,才能缓解一些限制。
You know, that would need to move up, think, to kind of release some constraint.
如果这种情况没有发生,你可能会看到黄金精炼商和能源股继续在市场中表现,而科技、金融和其他周期性板块也可能迎来补涨。
If that doesn't, you actually could have a scenario where the gold refiners and the energy stocks maybe continue to to participate in the market, but you see technology financials and other cyclicals kinda play a catch up trade as well.
所以这可能是一个看涨的格局。
So it could be a bullish setup.
对。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
看起来你可能会在回调时买入,或者你已经买入了回调。
It seems as though you are you would buy the dip, or maybe you have already bought the dip.
现在有没有哪些股票或板块是你特别看好的?
Are there any names or any sectors that you feel particularly bullish on right now?
我感觉这就是你的立场。
I get the sense that that is your position.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我可以告诉你,我们已经兑现了一些能源领域的利润。
So I I will tell you that we have taken some energy profits.
我们之前在能源板块超配,但这并不是基于中东的任何事件做出的判断。
We were overweight energy, and that was not a call based on anything in The Middle East.
这是一个基于估值的自下而上的决策。
It was a bottom up call in valuation.
所以我们幸运地做出了正确的配置,你知道,这次确实是对的。
So we were fortunately positioned, you know, the right way this Yeah.
所以,我们就顺势落袋为安了。
So, you know, we'll take it.
但我想说的是,我们一直在增持一些更具周期性的领域,比如金融和工业板块。
But what I would say is that we've been adding to some of the more cyclical areas like financials, like industrials.
你知道,金融板块经历了非常艰难的时期,特别是2023年硅谷银行和第一共和银行倒闭后,地区性银行受到重创。
You know, financials have went through a really tough time, particularly the regional banks back in 2023 with the fair failure of Silicon Valley and First Republic.
你看到很多估值倍数出现了错配。
You know, you're getting a lot of multiple dislocation.
那里的市净率很有吸引力,而且收益率曲线已经变陡。
Price to books are attractive there, and the yield curve has steepened.
现在我们得看看美联储接下来会怎么行动。
Now we'll see what happens here with the Fed.
如果他们不降息,这会给收益率曲线带来一些压力。
You know, if they don't cut, that's gonna put a little bit pressure on the yield curve.
但我的预期是,收益率曲线变陡是经济健康的信号。
But my expectation that that you should have a steep yield curve, that's a healthy sign for the economy.
我不认为你希望十年期国债收益率与联邦基金利率持平,而这恰恰是我们今天所处的状况。
I don't think you want the ten year parity with the Fed funds rate, which is basically where we are today.
所以如果曲线继续变陡,银行股应该会大涨。
So if that steepens, banks should fly.
它们的资产负债表非常强劲。
They've got great balance sheets.
它们没有涉足私人信贷。
They're not exposed to private credit.
我喜欢这里的金融股。
I like financials here.
然后,正如我提到的,资本货物领域的部分工业股,比如工业机械,这些股票看起来很有吸引力。
And then, as I mentioned, some of the industrials in the capital goods space, industrial machinery, these names look attractive.
我认为市场正在重新调整,不愿为长期限资产支付溢价,也就是说,投资者更青睐能产生现金流的实物资产,而不是软件类股票。
And I think the market is trying to recalibrate, doesn't wanna pay for longer duration assets, meaning the software trade or is more interested in cash flow generative hard assets.
我认为市场正在意识到,人工智能领域实际上需要实物资产。
And I think the market is recognizing that actually the AI trade needs hard assets.
因此,这些领域相对于科技股可能被过度低估了。
And so maybe it's overly discounted these areas relative to the technology trade.
所以,我认为这些领域可能会出现估值收窄。
So I think that you could see a compression there.
你已经看到了。
You're already seeing it.
所以,是的,我非常乐观。
So, yeah, I I'm I'm I'm optimistic.
你知道,我们可能会看到进一步下跌。
You know, we could see a leg lower.
如果这种情况发生,我一点也不惊讶。
I would not be surprised if that happens.
但话虽如此,我认为你现在应该加仓股票,因为你正在以低于20倍的市盈率买入标普指数,昨天还不到20倍。
But that being said, I think that you should be adding to equities here given that you're, you know, you're you're getting the S and P, you know, it was under 20 times yesterday.
对。
Right.
在让你走之前,我们来看看特朗普会怎么说。
Just before we let you go here, we'll see what Trump says.
但你提到,这一届政府可能不希望卷入战争,也不希望面对更高的油价。
But you mentioned that this administration probably doesn't wanna have a war on its hands, probably doesn't wanna be dealing with even higher oil prices.
中期选举即将到来。
Midterms are coming up.
我在概念上同意所有这些观点。
I agree conceptually with all of that.
然而,这也是我今年年初的想法,也是我去年的想法。
However, it's also that's also what I thought at the beginning of the year, and it's also what I thought last year.
但随后他们真的发动了战争,并关闭了霍尔木兹海峡。
And then they did start a war, and they did close down the Strait Of Hormuz.
是的。
Yes.
他们还是推进了这一切。
And they went ahead with all of this.
这让我处于一个有点困难的境地。
So that leaves me in a slightly difficult position.
我从理论上同意。
I I agree theoretically.
他们大概想结束这件事,但我看看他们实际做的,就觉得也许并不是这样。
Probably they wanna end this thing, but then I look at what they do, and I'm like, well, maybe not.
也许根本无法理解这件事。
Maybe there's no way to understand it.
也许根本无法走进他的内心,预测接下来会发生什么。
Maybe there's no way to get into his mind and predict what's gonna happen.
我想问你的是,假设这种情况继续下去。
I guess my question to you is, let's say this continues.
假设他的演讲毫无实质内容,或者他说,实际上我要加倍投入。
Let's say the speech is a nothing burger or he says, actually, I'm doubling down.
这会改变你的立场吗?
Would that change your position at all?
如果会,会如何改变?
And if so, how?
你知道吗,我认为他们的策略就是关税发生的事情。
You know, I think the playbook is what happened with the tariffs.
他划定了强硬的底线,但市场最终迫使他让步。
He drew a hard line, and the market ultimately forced his hand.
这就像马克·扎克伯格说,我们要把公司更名为Meta的时候一样。
It's not unlike when Mark Zuckerberg said, you know, we're gonna rename the company Meta.
我们要做元宇宙。
We're gonna do the metaverse.
然后市场让股价下跌了67%,他只好说:哎呀。
And then the market took the stock down 67%, and he said, whoops.
这是效率之年。
It's the year of efficiency.
是的。
Yeah.
因此,市场最终决定了领导层必须如何应对。
So the market ultimately dictates how leadership has to respond.
所以他们可以划定强硬立场,但特朗普似乎确实非常关注股票市场的动态。
So they can draw hard lines, but Trump is he does seem to be very aware of what's going on in the equity markets.
说实话,我不确定这是否不妥。
And to be honest, I don't know if that's not improper.
我认为国家领导人应该关注世界上最大公司的动态。
I think that a leader of the country should be focused on what the largest companies in the world are doing.
同意。
Agreed.
所以,实际上我认为,如果他采取更消极的立场,而市场做出非常负面的反应,我的预期是这会对他形成压力。
So I actually think that if he comes out with a more negative stance and the market reacts very negatively, my expectation is that that will be pressuring him.
因为,再次强调,只要市场持续低迷,就会开始对资本支出周期施加压力。
Because, again, to the extent the market stay negative, that starts to put pressure on the CapEx cycle.
没错。
Yep.
这会对人工智能建设施加压力。
That puts pressure on the AI build out.
这也会加剧与中国在建设方面的紧张关系。
That puts pressure on tensions with China and their build out.
因此,在股市疲软的背景下,发生了各种地缘政治博弈。
So there's all this geopolitical chess that occurs with a weak equity market.
我认为,为了让美国处于最佳位置,我们需要一个强劲的股市。
I think for America to be in the best position, we need a strong equity market.
我认为,这最终将成为他用来决策,或他在考虑如何应对伊朗冲突时所权衡的关键因素。
And I think that that's gonna ultimately be the lever that that he uses to to or that he's gonna be considering when he thinks about how he deals with the Iranian conflict.
我认为,我个人的看法是,实际情况已经证明比他预想的要复杂得多。
And I think that my personal opinion is it's already proved to be more complex than he anticipated.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得这是对的。
I think that's right.
约翰·莫里,NFJ投资集团首席投资官、投资组合经理和股票策略师。
John Mowrey, chief investment officer, portfolio manager, and equity strategist at NFJ Investment Group.
约翰,感谢你的时间。
John, appreciate your time.
谢谢。
Thank you.
广告后,OpenAI 再次创造历史。
After the break, OpenAI makes history again.
如果你喜欢这个节目,请从下周开始关注我们的新频道 Prof G Markets 于 YouTube。
And if you're enjoying the show, please follow our new Prof G Markets YouTube channel starting next week.
我们的 YouTube 内容就在那里。
That is where you'll find our content on YouTube.
链接在简介中。
The link is in the description.
现在就订阅。
Subscribe now.
本节目由领英赞助。
Support for the show comes from LinkedIn.
当最好的 B2B 营销被浪费在错误的受众身上时,真是令人遗憾。
It's a shame when the best b to b marketing gets wasted on the wrong audience.
想象一下,在周六早间的卡通节目里投放白内障手术广告,或者在关于Roblox的视频里推广这个节目。
Like, imagine running an ad for cataract surgery on Saturday morning cartoons or running a promo for this show on a video about Roblox or something.
不是针对我们的Gen Alpha听众,但这样做简直是浪费广告预算。
No offense to our Gen Alpha listeners, but that would be a waste of anyone's ad budget.
所以,如果你想触达正确的专业人士,可以使用LinkedIn广告。
So when you wanna reach the right professionals, you can use LinkedIn ads.
根据他们的数据,LinkedIn已经发展成为一个拥有超过10亿专业人士和1.3亿决策者的网络。
LinkedIn has grown to a network of over 1,000,000,000 professionals and a 130,000,000 decision makers according to their data.
这正是它与其他广告投放方式的不同之处。
That's where it stands apart from other ad buys.
你可以根据职位、行业、公司角色、职级、技能、公司营收等精准定位买家,从而避免把预算浪费在错误的受众身上。
You can target buyers by job title, industry, company role, seniority, skills, company revenue, all so you can stop wasting budget on the wrong audience.
因此,LinkedIn广告在所有在线广告平台中拥有最高的B2B广告投资回报率。
That's why LinkedIn ads post one of the highest b to b return on ad spend of all online ad networks.
真的,所有平台里都是最高的。
Seriously, all of them.
在 LinkedIn 广告上为您的首个活动投入 250 美元,即可获得 250 美元的免费广告额度。
Spend $250 on your first campaign on LinkedIn ads and get a free $250 credit for the one.
只需访问 linkedin.com/scott。
Just go to linkedin.com/scott.
就是 linkedin.com/scott。
That's linkedin.com/scott.
条款和条件适用。
Terms and conditions apply.
本节目由 Odoo 赞助。
Support for this show comes from Odoo.
经营企业已经够难了,何必再用十几个互不相通的应用程序让事情变得更复杂呢?
Running a business is hard enough, so why make it harder with a dozen different apps that don't talk to each other?
隆重推出 Odoo。
Introducing Odoo.
这是您一生中唯一需要的商业软件。
It's the only business software you'll ever need.
这是一个一体化的全集成平台,让您的工作更轻松。
It's an all in one fully integrated platform that makes your work easier.
客户关系管理、会计、库存、电子商务等一应俱全。
CRM, accounting, inventory, ecommerce, and more.
最棒的是什么?
And the best part?
Odoo 以极低的成本取代了多个昂贵的平台。
Odoo replaces multiple expensive platforms for a fraction of the cost.
因此,成千上万家企业已经选择了切换到 Odoo。
That's why over thousands of businesses have made the switch.
那您为什么不来试试呢?
So why not you?
前往 odoo.com 免费试用 Odoo。
Try Odoo for free at odoo.com.
就是 odoo.com。
That's odoo.com.
这是由维珍大西洋航空Ed赞助的广告内容。
This is advertiser content brought to you by Virgin Atlantic Ed.
几周前,我给你送了一份生日礼物,不是为了自夸,但确实很不错。
A couple weeks back, I got you a birthday gift, not to pat myself on the back, but it was a pretty good one.
确实如此。
It was indeed.
你送了我维珍大西洋航空头等舱的伦敦机票。
You surprised me with Virgin Atlantic upper class tickets to London.
那给我们详细讲讲吧。
So, tell us all about it.
那简直太棒了。
It was pretty incredible.
从我踏入头等舱的那一刻起,我必须说,我感觉自己像个贵宾。
From the moment I entered that upper class cabin, I have to tell you, I felt like a VIP.
我需要的任何东西——饮料、小吃、座椅协助——都随时可得。
Anything I needed, a drink, snack, assistance with the seat.
平躺座椅。
Flat seats.
平躺座椅。
Flat seats.
确实如此。
That's the case.
平躺座椅。
Flat seats.
没错。
Exactly.
享用了四道菜的餐食。
Had the four course meal.
喝了香槟。
Got my champagne.
非常美味。
Very delicious.
食物很享受。
Enjoyed the food.
回家的旅程呢?
And the journey home?
回家的旅程很棒。
The journey home was great.
我去了维珍大西洋伦敦希思罗俱乐部休息室。
I went to the Virgin Atlantic LHR Clubhouse.
那就是希思罗俱乐部休息室。
That's the Heathrow Clubhouse.
希思罗俱乐部休息室太棒了。
Heathrow Clubhouse was awesome.
我给自己买了一杯咖啡。
Got myself a coffee.
然后去了他们称为Soma Dome的冥想室。
Headed over to the meditation pod that they call the Soma Dome.
感觉有点像一艘宇宙飞船,你可以在这里放松,想想美好的事情。
Kind of felt like a sort of spaceship where you relax and and think think nice thoughts.
所以我在那里待了一会儿。
So I did that for a little bit.
然后我们去了机翼区,那里是隔音隔间,可以用来工作。
Then we went over to the wing, which are these acoustically sealed booths where you could do some work.
你甚至可以录制播客。
You could even record a podcast.
我没这么做,但也许我该做的。
I didn't do that, but maybe I should have.
这是一次非常愉快的体验。
It was a very enjoyable experience.
所以,埃德,真正的问题是,你打算给我买什么生日礼物?
So, Ed, the real question here is what are you planning to get me for my birthday?
用维珍大西洋航空,换个角度看世界。
See the world differently with Virgin Atlantic.
飞行不应仅仅是一种交通工具。
Flying should be more than just transport.
它本身就是冒险的一部分。
It is part of the adventure.
前往 virginatlantic.com 了解更多信息。
Go to virginatlantic.com to learn more.
机票和休息室准入由维珍大西洋航空提供。
Tickets and lounge access provided by Virgin Atlantic.
我们继续回到 Prof G Markets 的节目。
We're back with Prof G Markets.
OpenAI 刚刚完成了创业史上最大规模的融资轮。
OpenAI just closed the largest funding round in start up history.
本轮融资吸引了1220亿美元的承诺资本,高于该公司今年二月宣布的1100亿美元。
The round brought in a $122,000,000,000 of committed capital, up from the $110,000,000,000 the company announced in February.
软银与安德森·霍洛维茨和D公司共同领投。
SoftBank co led alongside Andreessen Horowitz and D.
展开剩余字幕(还有 185 条)
E.
E.
Shore Ventures.
Shore Ventures.
亚马逊、英伟达和微软也参与了投资。
Amazon, NVIDIA, and Microsoft also participated.
该公司目前估值为8520亿美元,但每月营收为20亿美元。
The company is now valued at $852,000,000,000, but it's generating $2,000,000,000 in revenue per month.
它仍然没有盈利,仍在消耗现金。
It is still not profitable, and it is still burning cash.
为此,我们邀请到《Sources》通讯的作者、《Access》播客的联合主持人亚历克斯·海斯,帮我们解析这场史上最大规模的融资。
So here to help us break down the largest funding round in history, we're speaking with Alex Heath, author of the Sources newsletter and cohost of the Access podcast.
亚历克斯,8520亿美元的估值让它成为有史以来估值最高的私营公司,与即将上市的SpaceX并驾齐驱。
So, Alex, $852,000,000,000 valuation that makes it the most valuable private company ever neck and neck with SpaceX, which as we know is going public soon.
那我们先从你对这条新闻的初步反应说起吧。
I guess let's just start with your headline reactions.
我的意思是,这些数字太惊人了。
I mean, these are astounding numbers.
对吧?
Right?
今年我们可能会看到超过3万亿美元的AI公司上市。
We may have 3,000,000,000,000 plus AI IPOs this year.
所以是OpenAI、SpaceX,还有Anthropic。
So OpenAI, SpaceX, obviously, and Anthropic.
我认为,现在OpenAI和Anthropic正在争夺下一个上市的位置。
It's a race between OpenAI and Anthropic now to get out next, I think.
他们在公布这些数字。
They're sounding numbers.
我的意思是,增长速率才是关键。
I mean, the growth rates are the story.
对吧?
Right?
以OpenAI为例,其API业务和Codex的增长率非常惊人,我认为今年这两项业务对公司的重要性将超过ChatGPT。
The growth rates of, you know, in OpenAI's case, the API business, Codex, which will be, I think, more central to the company's story this year than even ChatGPT.
此外,虽然ChatGPT的增长确实放缓了,但依然在消费者市场占据优势,并且在广告业务上也已早早布局,正迅速推进。
And then the continued, you know I mean, ChatGPT growth has definitely slowed, but still, you know, winning consumer and very early on the ads piece there, but starting to to move into that quickly.
这些惊人的数字证明,萨姆·阿尔特曼已经当之无愧地成为硅谷历史上最杰出的融资者。
So astounding number, I think proving that Sam Altman is won his already kind of de facto title as the greatest fundraiser, in Silicon Valley history.
这无疑巩固了这一地位。
This definitely cemented that.
应该有人去算一算。
Someone should do the math.
到目前为止,在过去三年里,他已经为公司筹集了超过两千亿美元。
He's raised, gosh, what, over 200,000,000,000 for the company at this point in the last like three years.
上一次我们讨论这种融资能力的时候,还是特拉维斯·卡兰尼克和Uber的年代。
So the last time we were all talking about this kind of fundraising talent was was Travis Kalanick and Uber way back in the day.
那时候,我记得他筹集了六七十亿美元。
And that was, you know, I think 60 or 70,000,000,000.
甚至还不包括这一轮的总金额。
So not even the total sum of this one round.
是的。
Yeah.
这确实令人震惊。
It is it is astounding.
有一件事让我觉得有点有趣,8520亿美元的估值,这说明需求已经飙升到了极点。
One thing that's a little interesting to me, $852,000,000,000 valuation, I mean, that tells you a story of just demand going absolutely through the roof.
他能够以这样的估值筹集到如此巨额的资金,这将使OpenAI成为全球第十三大最有价值的公司,简直令人难以置信。
The fact that he's able to raise this amount of money and at this valuation, it would make it the thirteenth most valuable company of all companies in the world, which is just astounding.
但接着,彭博社还有一份报告。
But then I there was also this report from Bloomberg.
他们说,OpenAI在二级市场上的股份需求正在急剧下降。
They were saying that OpenAI shares on the secondary markets, the demand for those shares has been plummeting.
他们提到,有人试图出售他们的股份,有600亿美元的股份正待出售,但根本找不到买家。
They were saying that there are there are people who have been trying to sell their shares, $600,000,000 worth of shares that were trying to get that an investor was trying to sell, and he couldn't find any buyers.
这对我来说相当有趣。
And so that was quite interesting to me.
感觉好像这里存在着两个不同的世界。
It feels as though maybe there are two different worlds here.
我想,一个是私人市场,人们直接从公司购买这些股份。
There's, I guess, the private markets going and and getting these shares directly from the company.
然后是二级市场,那里可能有着不同的故事,我很想听听你对这个说法的看法。
And then I guess secondary markets where maybe there's a different story, I'd just be curious to get your reaction to that story.
OpenAI 很快就对这个说法进行了反驳,我觉得这很有趣。
OpenAI pushed back on that story pretty quickly, which I thought was interesting.
他们并不喜欢二级交易,就像大多数私营公司一样,因为这样会失去与公司的直接联系。
They they are not a fan, as are most companies that are private of these secondary transactions because you lose touch with the company.
你不再是直接股东。
You're not a direct shareholder.
通常会有多层管理费和转手费用,实际上风险很高。
There's usually layers and layers of management fees and pass through things that make it very risky, honestly.
我不认为6亿美元的二级市场交易量能说明任何问题,尤其是在刚刚完成了1220亿美元的primary融资之后。
And I wouldn't look at like a 600,000,000 chunk of secondary is not moving as like any indication of frankly anything when you look at a $122,000,000,000 round of primary capital that just closed.
不过,我认为这笔资金的很大一部分确实来自战略投资者。
Again, I mean, I think a large chunk though of that of that capital is, you know, the strategics.
对吧?
Right?
比如亚马逊和软银,这其中可能还存在一些循环投资。
It's Amazon and SoftBank, and there's probably a bit of a bit of circular motion there.
我敢肯定,亚马逊的大量投资是 contingent on 使用Trainium芯片,并与AWS深度整合,或者开展更深入的产品合作。
Like, I'm sure a significant chunk of Amazon's investment is contingent on using Trainium and, you know, being integrated into AWS or doing deeper product partnerships.
但我不会对二级市场的部分过度解读。
But I wouldn't read too much in the secondary piece.
总的来说,我认为会迎来一次整顿和认知转变,人们会意识到这些二级交易在很大程度上存在法律风险。
I mean, I think in general, you're gonna see a crackdown and a realization that these secondaries are, for the most part, like legally problematic.
是的。
Yep.
我认为很多人会在SpaceX上市时赚大钱。
And I think a lot of people are gonna get hoes in the SpaceX IPO.
我一直提到,有很多层SPV试图交易二级市场股份,但公司根本没有义务承认这些交易。
I've been saying things about, you know, multiple layers of SPVs trying to like trade secondary chunks where the company's just not they're they're not obligated to recognize that.
公司没有义务说:‘这是你的股份’,因为到那时这些股份其实并不真正属于你。
They're not obligated to say like, here are your shares, you know, because they're not really yours at that point.
所以在这方面请自行谨慎行事。
And so proceed with your own caution there.
你刚才说不要过度解读。
You you said don't read into it.
我只是想稍微解读一下。
I'm just gonna read into it one one small.
我很好奇,你提到的这些公司,价值数万亿美元的初创企业,很快就要上市了。
I wonder as these companies you mentioned trillions of dollars worth of startups are are looking to go public soon.
你有SpaceX,它将成为历史上估值最高、规模最大的IPO。
You've got SpaceX gonna be the most valuable, the largest IPO in history.
你还有OpenAI,最终会上市。
You've got OpenAI eventually.
你还有Anthropic,最终也会上市。
You've got Anthropic eventually.
我的意思是,当这些公司上市时,公开市场将会迎来一场狂欢。
I mean, when these companies go public, it's gonna be like just a bonanza in the public markets.
但我好奇这些公司在公开市场上的表现会如何,以及市场动态是否有所不同。
But I wonder how those companies will perform in the public markets, and I wonder if the dynamics are different.
我还想知道,二级市场会不会是未来趋势的一种信号。
And I wonder if the secondary markets might be, I don't know, a signal of what may be to come.
因为正如你所说,这些公司的估值主要由这里的机构推动,或许也受到你提到的循环流动影响——像亚马逊、英伟达等大型企业向这些公司投入了巨额资金。
Because as you mentioned, the valuations for these companies have been primarily driven by the institutions here and perhaps by some of the circular motion that you talk about where it's these giant corporations, companies like Amazon, NVIDIA, etcetera, investing huge amounts of money into these companies.
正是这些企业推高了这些公司的估值。
They're the ones who are driving those valuations up.
而我好奇,当它们进入公开市场时,情况会不会变得不一样。
And I wonder if when it gets to the public markets, maybe it would be something of a different story.
我想我的问题是,你觉得像OpenAI这样的公司在公开市场上表现会如何?
I guess my question being, how do you think a company like OpenAI would perform in the public markets?
假设它明年以超过一万亿美元的估值上市,你觉得会发生什么?
Say it goes public next year at a more than trillion dollar valuation?
你认为那里会怎样?
What do you think would happen there?
我完全不知道。
I have no idea.
如果我知道答案,我根本就不会上这个播客了,埃德。
I think if I knew that, I wouldn't be on a podcast, frankly, Ed.
没有对你不敬的意思。
No insult to you.
我认为这些公司要应对季度财报将会极其困难。
I think that it's going to be incredibly hard for these companies to do quarterly earnings.
Anthropic在二月增加了大约60亿美元的年度经常性收入,这史无前例,主要得益于Cloud Code和模型的新产品表现,对吧?
Anthropic added, like, 6,000,000,000 in ARR in February, and that's unprecedented and was based on new product traction with with Cloud Code, right, and and the models.
今年我们可能会看到多次这样的跃迁式进展,因为OpenAI正准备发布他们的下一代大型模型——内部代号为Spud,他们私下里对此非常热衷。
We could see multiple step function shifts like that this year because OpenAI is getting ready to release their next large model, Spud as it's called internally, which they're very much hyping behind the scenes.
Anthropic方面也泄露了重大消息,称他们正在准备一套自己的大型模型,这些模型能力强大到足以先展示给网络安全公司,以便在部署前做好准备。
Anthropic, there was a big leak about Anthropic preparing its own suite of large models that are apparently so capable that they're showing them first to cybersecurity companies to try to get them ready for when they're deployed.
哇。
Wow.
所有这些都发生在这些公司上市之前。
This is all happening before these companies go out.
然后还有OpenAI正在打造的超级应用。
And then you've got the super app that OpenAI is doing.
你知道吗,上周我跟OpenAI的编码负责人聊过,他跟我讲了现在编码领域正在发生的变化。
And, you know, I when I talked to, you know, like, talked to the head of codecs at OpenAI last week, and he told me what is happening in coding.
他们预计在未来六到九个月内,将扩展到知识工作的每一个领域,这得益于模型的能力和产品在‘更深度协同工作’方向上的发展——你正在编码,但其实你根本没意识到,AI正在为普通人代劳编码。
They expect to branch out into basically every domain of knowledge work in the next six to nine months given the model capability and where the products are headed in this more clawed co work, you're coding, but you don't really know it like AI coding for normies.
就像它已经迅速革新了工程领域一样,AI正迅速渗透并扩展到各种知识工作领域。
That really saturating and extending into all kinds of knowledge work domains in the same way that it's revolutionized engineering already so quickly.
这在大规模上极其深刻。
That's incredibly profound at scale.
而且,作为一家上市公司,还要在季度财报和公众市场的反复无常中努力应对。
And like to try to navigate that again against quarterly earnings and the whims of the public markets as a public company.
我只是觉得他们必须这么做,因为他们需要资金和流动性,但这会非常艰难。
I just they need to do it because they need the capital and they need liquidity, but it's gonna be very tough.
这些公司也像我们之前讨论过的那样,有点像一场治理灾难。
And these companies are also like, we've talked about this before, like a bit of a governance disaster.
没错。
Right.
所以这也是其中混乱的一部分。
And so that's another messy part of it.
因此,有很多因素让这些事情变得不那么清晰明确。
So there's a lot of things that don't make these, like, clear cut.
即使考虑到这一切的马斯克式风格,以及发生了多少疯狂的反向并购,SpaceX在OpenAI和Anthropic面前看起来也像是一家非常正常的公司。
Like, if even if it with the Elon ness of all of it and how many crazy reverse mergers have happened, like, SpaceX looks like a very normal company next to OpenAI and Anthropic.
这确实是个非常疯狂的说法,但却是真的。
Like, and that's a really wild statement, but it's true.
所以我认为市场从未见过这样的情况。
And so I just don't think the markets have seen anything like this.
如果你相信这些公司所说的话,即AGI和超级智能就在眼前,或者像我之前提到的,Codex的负责人告诉我,编程现象今年将扩展到所有知识工作领域。
And if you believe what these companies are saying that AGI and super intelligence are right around the corner, or in the case of what I was saying, the head of Codex told me that, you know, the coding phenomenon is going to generalize all of knowledge work this year.
你该怎么在季度报告中讲清楚这一点呢?
How do you tell that in a quarterly story?
说实话,我也不太确定。
You know, I I'm not really sure.
就像我之前说的,可能会有剧烈波动。
It could be spiky, as I said.
我不知道这是否是官方的投资术语,但就是股价快速上涨和下跌。
I don't know if that's the official investor term, but stock go up and stock go down rapidly.
这是我的预测。
It's my prediction.
我觉得你这么说更合适
I I think that's a better way to put it.
更简单易懂
It's more simple.
也更描述得清楚
It's more descriptive.
而且这个观点提得非常好
And it's a great point.
这就是我不做投资者的原因。
This is why I'm not an investor.
你这个观点很有道理。
It is a great point.
我是《通讯源》的作者、《接入播客》的联合主持人亚历克斯·希思。
Alex Heath, author of the Sources newsletter, cohost of the Access podcast.
亚历克斯,谢谢你。
Alex, thank you.
谢谢你,埃德。
Thank you, Ed.
另有消息,特朗普的舞厅计划可能即将终止。
In other news, Trump's ballroom plans might be coming to an end.
美国一名联邦法官刚刚下令,要求特朗普在获得国会批准前停止建造价值四亿美元的白宫舞厅。
A US federal judge just ordered Trump to stop building his $400,000,000 White House ballroom until he gets approval from congress.
地区法院法官理查德·莱昂写道,特朗普‘并非白宫的所有者’,并支持原告的动议,该动议指出‘没有任何法律条文接近赋予总统所声称的权力’。
District court judge Richard Leon wrote that Trump is, quote, not the owner of the White House and sided with the plaintiff's motion that argued that, quote, no statute comes close to giving the president the authority he claims to have.
因此,舞厅项目已被搁置。
So the ballroom is on hold.
它最终会被建成吗?
Will it ever get built?
我想我们只能拭目以待。
I guess we'll see.
与此同时,东翼依然一片废墟。
In the meantime, though, the East Wing remains in ruins.
正如你可能记得的,特朗普在去年十月拆除了这座已有123年历史的建筑。
As you may remember, Trump had the 123 year old structure demolished back in October.
他这么做既没有经过审查,也没有获得任何批准。
He did so without any review, without any approval.
他就这么直接动手了。
He just went ahead and did it.
而截至今天,东翼依然被毁,而且目前没有任何计划或获批的重建方案。
And as of today, the East Wing remains destroyed, except now there is no plan or approved plan to rebuild it.
你可能会说,这是法官的错。
Now you could say that that's the judge's fault.
你也可以说,这并不是法官的错。
You could say it's not the judge's fault.
我其实不在乎你持什么立场。
I don't really care where you stand.
无论如何,我们目前就是处于这样的状况。
Either way, that is the situation we're in.
这座建筑已经被毁,而且将继续保持毁坏状态。
The building is destroyed, and it will continue to be.
那么,为什么我在一档讨论市场的节目中谈论舞厅呢?
Now why am I talking about a ballroom on a show where we talk about markets?
我之前在节目中提到过,舞厅意义重大,因为它是我们这位总统治下整体经济政策的一个绝佳隐喻。
Well, I've mentioned this on the show before, but the ballroom is quite significant because the ballroom is a great metaphor for our entire economic policy under this president.
事实上,特朗普为我们的经济所做出的大部分重大决定,都像这个舞厅一样:他的第一反应是摧毁现有的一切,然后承诺用更好的东西、一个新计划来取代它,直到他意识到自己根本没有能力,甚至没有宪法赋予的权力来提出替代方案。
In fact, most of the big decisions Trump has made for our economy have looked a lot like the ballroom, where his first action is to demolish what already existed, then promise to replace it with something better, a new plan, until he realizes he doesn't actually have the wherewithal or even the constitutional ability to come up with an alternative.
到了那时,他就说:算了。
At which point, he says, screw it.
然后他转去处理下一件事。
He moves on to the next thing.
当我们回过头来看发生了什么时,我们会意识到,这家伙所做的只是毁掉了他声称要取代的东西,却根本没去取代它。
And then as we look back on what happened, we realize all this guy did was break the thing he said he was going to replace, and then he didn't even replace it.
我把这种策略称为‘BNFL’——先破坏,后修复,我们已经多次看到这种情况,现在我将举几个例子。
I'm calling this strategy, BNFL, break now, fix later, and we have seen this many, many times, and I'm now going to go through a few examples.
第一个例子是伊朗。
The first example would be Iran.
虽然我们入侵伊朗的确切原因并不完全清楚,但我想我们可以同意,大致的意图是消除一个可能正在研制核武器或有意伤害美国的政权所带来的威胁。
Now it's not totally clear why we invaded Iran, but I think we can agree the general idea was to remove this threat of a regime that was either building nuclear weapons maybe or had some interest in harming America.
这是一种比较宽容的解读。
That is the generous reading.
那么我们做了什么?
So what did we do?
我们花了250亿美元轰炸伊朗。
We spent $25,000,000,000 on bombing Iran.
我们造成了四千五百人死亡。
We caused four and a half thousand deaths.
我们扰乱了全球市场,但之前的政权却依然完好无损。
We roiled the markets around the globe only for the previous regime to remain intact.
现在它不是由我们杀死的那个人统治,而是由他的儿子接管了。
Only now it's run not by the guy we killed, obviously, but by his son.
我们难道认为这位被杀的阿亚图拉的儿子对美国抱有好感吗?
And do we think the son of the murdered Ayatollah has positive feelings about America?
我个人表示怀疑。
Personally, I doubt it.
然而,特朗普现在却在谈论停火谈判。
And yet Trump is now talking about ceasefire talks.
他现在也在暗示要从该地区撤出。
He's now talking a little bit of signaling about getting out of the region.
所以,同样的情况再次出现。
So, again, we have the same dynamic.
我们破坏了它,但当需要修复时,却说:我们以后再处理。
We broke the thing, but then when it came to fixing the thing, we said, we'll deal with it later.
另一个例子就是关税。
Another example would be tariffs.
我们对全球所有国家实施了广泛的关税。
We impose sweeping tariffs on every nation around the world.
我们造成了股市历史上最大的跌幅之一。
We cause one of the greatest drawdowns in stock market history.
我们使通货膨胀上升了一个百分点,实际上让每个美国家庭多支付了超过一千美元的税。
We increase inflation by a full percentage point, essentially taxing every US household more than a thousand dollars.
然后我们才意识到,等等。
And then we realize, oh, wait.
这甚至不具有宪法合法性。
This isn't even constitutionally legal.
最高法院裁定其违宪,现在我们得想办法给所有人退款,但退款只适用于企业,不适用于消费者,因此消费者再次受害。
The supreme court strikes it down, and now we're gonna have to figure out a way to give everyone refunds, except the refunds will only apply to businesses, not consumers, so the consumer gets screwed again.
是的。
Yes.
我们搞砸了,但无所谓。
We broke it, but whatever.
我们以后再解决。
We'll fix it later.
狗狗币是另一个很好的例子。
DOGE is another good example.
我们创建了一个机构,解雇了30万名联邦雇员。
We create an agency that fires 300,000 federal workers.
该机构关闭了美国国际开发署,导致近一千万本可避免的死亡。
The agency shuts down USAID, which leads to nearly ten million additional deaths that would have been prevented.
人们起初为狗狗币欢呼,但随后它却被悄然解散。
People kind of cheer only for Doge to then be quietly dissolved.
与此同时,同一届政府决定将我们的赤字增加约4万亿美元,从而逆转了本应在这届政府中实现的任何效率。
Meanwhile, that same administration decides to increase our deficit by roughly $4,000,000,000,000, thus reversing any efficiencies that were supposed to be implemented in this government.
所以我们把事情搞砸了吗?
So did we break things?
是的。
Yes.
我们确实搞砸了。
We did.
我们破坏了很多东西。
We broke a lot of things.
我们修复了什么吗?
Did we fix anything?
没有。
No.
我们没有。
We didn't.
特朗普的大部分重大政策都符合这个模式,我鼓励你们回去仔细看看这些政策,自己去体会这一点。
Most of Trump's big policies fit this rubric, and I do encourage you to go back and look through them and realize that for yourself.
它们破坏了这个东西。
They break the thing.
它们拆除了像舞厅一样历经数代人建立起来的成果。
They dismantle whatever work was done over generations like the ballroom.
它们承诺要改变、替换或在其原址上建造更大、更好、更美丽的东西,但最终却根本没有做到。
They promise to change it or replace it or build something bigger and better and more beautiful in its place, but then they just don't.
通常是因为他们力不从心,但更重要的是,破坏东西比建设东西简单得多。
Usually because they're in over their heads, but also because it's simply easier to break things than it is to build things.
这就是模式。
This is the pattern.
我们一次又一次地看到这种情况。
We see it over and over and over again.
现在,谁知道这场伊朗战争最终会如何收场呢?
Now who knows how this Iran war will actually turn out?
但如果我们依据这个模式,依据特朗普的过往记录,依据那个舞厅的情况,那么结论就非常明显了。
But if we are going off of the pattern, if we're going off of Trump's track record, if we're going off of the ballroom, well, then the conclusion is quite obvious.
大量事物将被摧毁:建筑、系统、市场,甚至生命。
Lots will be destroyed, buildings, systems, markets, even lives.
到头来,当需要重建一些东西时,特朗普很可能只是转向下一件事,而我们会一无所有。
And at the end of the day, when it's time to build something in its place, Trump will probably just move on to the next thing, and we will be left with nothing.
好的。
Okay.
今天就到这里。
That's it for today.
本集由克莱尔·米勒和艾莉森·韦斯制作,由乔尔·帕特森剪辑,本杰明·斯宾塞负责音频工程。
This episode was produced by Claire Miller and Alison Weiss, edited by Joel Patson, and engineered by Benjamin Spencer.
我们的视频剪辑师是布拉德·威廉姆斯。
Our video editor is Brad Williams.
我们的研究团队包括丹·沙兰、伊莎贝拉·金塞尔、克里斯·诺·多纳休和米亚·西尔维里奥。
Our research team is Dan Shalan, Isabella Kinsel, Chris No Donahue, and Mia Silverio.
我们的社交媒体运营是杰克·麦克弗森。
And our social producer is Jake McPherson.
感谢您收听Prof G Media出品的《Prof Markets》。
Thank you for listening to Prof Markets from Prof G Media.
如果您喜欢本期内容,请关注我们。
If you like what you heard, give us a follow.
我是埃德·埃尔森。
I'm Ed Elson.
明天请收听我们与著名离婚律师詹姆斯·塞克顿的对话。
Tune in tomorrow for our conversation with the acclaimed divorce lawyer, James Sexton.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。