本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
讨论让世界运转。
Discussion keeps the world turning.
是圆桌会议。
Is Roundtable.
你好。
Hello.
欢迎来到圆桌会议,我们为您奉上中国及全球热点问题的激烈辩论。
Welcome to Roundtable, where we serve up piping hot debates on the issues that sizzle in China and beyond.
我是Yoho Lin。
I'm Yoho Lin.
我们都经历过这种情况:赶时间、拖着行李、在线值机,然后等待。
We've all been there, running late, juggling luggage, tapping through online checking, and then wait.
等待。
Wait.
等待。
Wait.
那些好座位都去哪儿了?
What happened to all the decent seats?
靠窗座位已锁定。
Window locked.
过道座位已锁定。
Aisle locked.
前排座位就别想了。
Front rows, forget about those.
这些神秘变灰的座位只有付费才能选择。
These mysteriously grayed out seats would only be available if you pay up.
本周一项消费者调查终于证实了乘客们多年来的私下抱怨:某些航空公司可能在高铁加速发展的关键时刻,正在挑战乘客耐心的极限。
This week, a consumer investigation finally says that passengers have whispered for years some airlines may be pushing the limits of passenger patience at the very moment high speed rail is pulling ahead.
那么今天,让我们来剖析这个出人意料的情感问题。
So today, let's unpack a surprisingly emotional question.
当天空变得挑剔而铁路愈发迅捷,谁能赢得旅行者的心?
When the sky gets pickier and the rails get faster, who wins the heart of the travelers?
本期节目,我们邀请到了高岩和史蒂夫·哈瑟利共同参与。
For this episode, I'm joined by Goyen and Steve Hatherley.
现在请拿起你的虚拟指南针,跟随我们深入探讨核心议题。
Now grab your virtual compass and follow us to the heart of the discussion.
中国航空业正在蓬勃发展,不断扩张并刷新纪录。
China's aviation industry is soaring, expanding and breaking records.
但在地面上,另一些现象同样值得我们关注。
But on the ground, something else is worth our attention.
高铁更平稳、更经济、某种程度上也更可预测,正成为数百万旅客的首选。
High speed rail is smoother, cheaper, more, well, in a way, predictable and increasingly the first choice for millions.
当航空公司开始将近40%所谓的好座位设为付费专区时,消费者不禁要问:航空公司这是在帮自己,还是在害自己?
So when airlines begin locking nearly 40% of the so called good seats behind a paywall, consumers are seeking, they're asking, they're questioning, are airlines helping themselves or merely hurting themselves?
所以我们真的再也选不到好座位了吗?
So is it really true that we cannot, we can no longer get the good seats?
许多乘客抱怨说,前排靠窗或靠过道的便利座位在线上值机时经常被锁定,必须额外付费才能选择。
Well, many passengers complain that convenience seats such as those in front rows by windows or on aisles are often locked during online check-in and available only for an additional fee.
针对这些投诉,
Following these complaints,
江苏省消费者协会调查了包括中国南方航空、中国国际航空等在内的10家国内航空公司,发现这10家公司在经济舱都存在座位锁定现象。
the Jiangsu consumer council investigated 10 domestic carriers, including China Southern Airlines, Air China, and so on, they found all 10 engaged in seat locking in economy class.
这些航空公司锁定的座位比例从近20%到60%不等,平均约为40%。
This proportion of locked seat of locked seats range from nearly 2060% in these airlines, averaging nearly 40%.
根据协会的调查结果,被锁定的座位主要是乘客偏好的前排、靠窗和过道座位,而只有不太受欢迎的中排或靠近机舱的座位可供免费选择。
According to the council's findings, the locked seats are primarily those preferred by passengers, including front row, window, and aisle seats, while only less desirable middle or near cabin seats are offered for free selection.
是啊。
Yeah.
有些航空公司,你知道...我觉得没有什么比这更让人恼火的了,就算你是最早值机的乘客。
And some airlines, you you know, this could I I think nothing could be more annoying than than, you know, you even you are a early bird.
也找不到好座位。
You couldn't find a seat.
你用了'恼火'这个词,我觉得这确实描述了许多人对这件事甚至更多方面的感受。
You used the word annoying, and I think that describes how a lot of people are feeling about this and more.
航空公司是这样解锁那些优选座位的。
The airline so this is how you can unlock those preferred seats.
你可以使用里程积分、积分兑换,或者直接用现金支付。
You can use your mileage, you can use your point redemption, or you can simply pay for them, using currency.
但归根结底,你还是在为座位付费。
But all put together, you're still paying for the seat.
无论你是用积分兑换、直接支付还是使用里程积分都不重要。
It doesn't matter whether you're using point redemption or direct payment or using your miles.
人们对这种做法相当不满。
People are quite upset about this.
调查得出结论,解锁这些优选座位本质上需要某种形式的支付,而且这些被锁定的优质座位大部分只能通过常旅客里程或积分获取。
The investigation concluded that unlocking these preferred seats essentially requires some sort of payment, and the locked premium seats or most of them are only accessible using frequent flyer miles or points.
这意味着——这点很重要——如果你不是会员,这些权益就与你无关。
And what that means is if and that's an important point because if you're not a member, then that doesn't apply to you.
对吧?
Right?
如果你是偶尔出行的旅客,那就只能被迫接受那些不太理想的座位。
If you're an occasional travel traveler, then you're forced to accept those less favorable seats.
我最近观察到这类现象更频繁也更极端了,因为我们经常因私人和商务原因出行。
I observe these kind of phenomenon a bit more often and a bit more drastic these days because we travel a lot on private trips and business trips.
特别是商务旅行时,你会想和团队成员坐在一起,确保整个团队都在一块儿。
Especially for the business trips, you kinda wanna sit together with your crew members, so you make sure that the team is together.
这样更容易统筹安排所有事情。
It's easier to plan everything.
不过这种情况确实存在。
But definitely, that happens.
嗯,我能想到的一个理由是,航空公司承诺将你从A地运送到B地,并根据票价为你指定座位区域。
And, well, one argument I can think about is that, yes, the airlines, they promise to take you from position a to position b, and based on the price you pay, they give you a designated area to seat.
有些区域票价较低,会稍微拥挤些。
Some areas are cheaper and a little bit crowded.
还有些区域比如头等舱——虽然我从未坐过——但那些区域确实更舒适,服务也更周到。
Some areas, for example, first class, never fly that, but those areas are, you know, a bit more comfortable with better services and stuff.
他们并没有。
They didn't.
实际上,在你与航空公司签署的协议中,他们并没有承诺让你坐在你理想或偏好的座位上,
Well, they didn't actually promise you to seat to sit in your perfect or, let's say, preferred seats in the agreement that you signed with the airlines,
也就是你购买的机票。
which is the ticket that you buy.
但航空公司已经对头等舱座位收费了。
But the airlines already charge for the first class seats.
为什么还要对我们的经济舱座位再次收费呢?
Why do this charge again for our Yeah.
经济舱座位?
Economy seats?
那是我们
That's We're
这毫无道理可言。
not nothing's reasonable.
我们现在讨论的不是头等舱。
We're not talking about first class here.
我们讨论的也不是商务舱。
We're not talking about business class.
我们讨论的是经济舱。
We're talking about economy class.
这里有几个例子。
Here's a couple of examples.
一位名叫陈女士的女士,她完成了商务旅行,正飞回广州。
So a lady by the name of miss Chen, she had finished her business trip, and she was flying back to Guangzhou.
在她进行网上值机时,发现经济舱前三排座位全部显示为灰色,这意味着乘客需要额外付费才能选择前三排的座位。
And during her online check-in, she found that the first three rows of economy class were all shown in gray, and that meant that the passengers needed to pay an extra fee to select one of those seats in the first three rows.
第四到第七排座位可以使用里程积分兑换。
Rows four to seven, you could use your mileage redemption.
以她的情况,需要380里程积分。
It required 380 mileage points in her case.
我们掌握了她对此事感到非常恼火的所有细节。
We have all the details from she was really annoyed by this.
她在帖子里详细记录了整个过程。
She put all the details in her post.
那些座位显示为淡紫色。
And those seats were displayed in light purple.
作为该航空公司的会员,她可以用以往飞行积累的里程兑换其中一个座位。
And then as a member of that airline, she could use the miles that she had accumulated from previous flights to redeem one of those seats.
但在她看来,这让她很恼火。
But in her opinion, she saw this as an annoyance.
她说:'我能理解商务舱座位需要额外付费,毕竟它们提供更多空间和更好服务。'
She said, I can understand that business class seats require extra payment because, of course, they offer more space and better service.
但我不明白为什么经济舱前排座位也要锁定。'
But I can't understand why the front rows of economy class are also locked.
这在她看来毫无道理。
Didn't make any sense to her.
另一位张女士表示,如果你的积分不够,就得购买积分才能兑换心仪的座位。
Another lady by the name of miss Zhang said that if you don't have enough points, you have to buy points to redeem your preferred seat.
她算了笔账。
She did the math.
她说在应用程序上显示积分兑换需要10点积分需要2元人民币。
She said on the app, it shows that 10 points cost 2 yuan.
所以根据这个汇率,第一排需要2000积分,相当于额外支付400元。
So based on this rate, the first row requires 2,000 points, which equals an additional 400 yuan.
哦。
Oh.
这相当于大约56美元来支付你选择的经济舱座位。
That's the equivalent of about $56 to pay for your selected economy seat.
在讨论航空公司是否有权这样做之前,海外航空公司的情况如何?
Before talking about whether or not the airlines really have the right to do these things, what about the situation in overseas airlines?
因为我们只在中国做了调查。
Because we only did the survey here in China.
这10家航空公司都是中国的国内航空公司。
The 10 airlines are China's domestic airlines.
这是今年早些时候《今日美国》的报道。
This is from USA Today from earlier this year.
我来给你读一段最近的报道。
A recent I'll read to you here.
近期一份参议院报告发现,美国五大航空公司在2018至2023年间通过选座费收入高达124亿美元。
A recent senate report found the five biggest US airlines collected $12,400,000,000 from seat fees between the years 2018 and 2023.
在某些情况下,航空公司从选座费中获得的收入甚至超过了行李托运费。
In some cases, airlines are earning more money from seat selection fees than from luggage fees.
报道称:'除非政府强制干预,否则航空公司永远不会取消这些预订附加费'。
Quote, the only way airlines would ever stop or drop these reservation fees is if the government forced them to, end quote.
这是来自加拿大CTV新闻的报道。
And from CTV News, that's from Canada.
购买基础票价的加拿大航空乘客现在将在办理登机手续时被自动分配座位,若想自选座位则需额外付费。
Air Canada passengers who purchase basic fare options will now have their seats automatically assigned to them at check-in, and there will be an additional charge if you prefer to sit elsewhere.
该航空公司表示,这项于2025年1月21日生效的变更包括'免费座位分配'服务。
The airline said that the change, which went into effect on January 21, 2025, includes, quote, a complimentary seat assignment.
哦,太感谢了。
Oh, thank you so much.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
谢谢。
Thanks.
这太夸张了。
That's very drastic.
免费给我分配座位。
For assigning my seat for free.
你是说这个我不用付钱?
You mean I don't have to pay you for that?
抱歉。
Sorry.
该政策为未提前付费选座的旅客在办理登机手续时提供免费座位分配。
It includes a complimentary seat assignment at check-in for customers who have not paid a fee to select their seats in advance.
若系统分配的免费座位不合您意,您可通过航空公司官网、手机应用或机场自助终端付费更换座位。
And if the complimentary selected seat is for you is not to your liking, you can choose to change seats for a fee on the airline's website through its mobile app or at a airport kiosk.
哇。
Wow.
好吧。
Okay.
所以我明白了。
So I get it.
所以,是的,这相当于
So, yes, it is the same to
表达你的意见。
air your voice.
一样,而且更加激进。
Same, and it's even more drastic.
现在我至少可以选择座位而无需额外付费。
Now at least I can choose my seat without paying more.
如果我要选择那些不可用的座位,只需要用我的里程、积分或现金多付一点钱。
I just need to pay a bit more with my mileage or the points or real money if I need to choose the seats that are not available.
这么说吧,至少根据我的个人观察,仍然有一些座位。
By saying that, I mean, still, especially well, at least based on my personal observation, still, there are some seats.
一些好座位仍然存在。
Some good seats are still there.
他们并没有锁住所有靠过道和靠窗的座位。
They are not locking all of the aisle seats and window seats.
但航空公司是怎么说的呢?
But still, what are the airlines are saying?
他们是在为自己辩护,还是给出了任何合理的辩解或解释?
Are they defending themselves, or do are they giving any kind of reasonable defense or explanations?
他们尝试过。
They tried.
他们试图这样做。
They tried to.
委员会对他们进行了质询。
The council questioned them.
事实上,多家航空公司被调查,这些航空公司提出的理由包括为特殊需求乘客预留座位、确保紧急出口座位可用性以及保持航班配载平衡,但调查结果与这些说法相矛盾。
Several airlines, as a matter of fact, and those airlines cited reasons such as reserving seats for special needs passengers, ensuring emergency seat availability, and maintaining flight load balance, but the investigation contradicted those claims.
座位锁定率经常超过30%,这削弱了他们所谓的'特殊需求预留'的合理性。
The, seat locking rates, they often exceeded 30%, and that undermines the, quote, special needs reservation justification.
你根本不会有那么多有这类需求的乘客。
You simply don't have the that many passengers with those needs.
然后大量标准座位、靠窗和靠过道座位的锁定(不仅限于紧急出口排),这与紧急座位理由相冲突。
Then the locking of numerous standard and, window and aisle seats, not just for exit rows, that conflicted with the emergency seat rationale.
此外,通过付费或积分解锁座位的可能性直接否定了配载平衡的论点。
And then furthermore, the possibility of unlocking seats via payment or points negated the load balance argument.
本质上,航空公司提出的所有辩护理由,调查结果都逐一反驳了这些说法。
Essentially, everything that the airlines said in terms of their defense, the investigation contradicted each of those claims.
此外,委员会还指出航空公司缺乏统一的座位锁定标准。
Well and the council also noted a lack of uniform standards among airlines for determining which seats to lock.
通过人为限制选择,航空公司可能侵犯了消费者的知情权、自由选择权和公平交易权。
By artificially restricting choices, airlines are potentially infringing on consumers' rights to information, free choice, and fair trade.
凡事都有正反两面。
And there's always, you know, two sides on the same coin.
综上所述,江苏省消费者协会坚决认为这种做法本质上是对乘客的剥削。
And in conclusion, the consumer council of Jiangsu province firmly asserts that this practice is in essence an exploitation passengers.
问题相当严重,因为航空公司已被消费者监管部门约谈,并被要求整改大量锁定经济舱优选座位的行为。
It's it's kinda serious because the airlines have been summoned by consumer authorities, and they've been ordered to rectify their practices of locking large portions of preferred economy class seats.
江苏省消协表示将持续监督航空公司的整改情况,确保问题得到解决,必要时将采取进一步的监管措施。
And that consumer council, the Jiangsu consumer council, said that it's going to continue to monitor the airline's rectification efforts to make sure that they fix it, and they'll take further, measures, supervisory measures if needed.
这非常有意思,因为从宏观来看,2020至2025年间国内航空市场持续扩张。
This is very interesting because we know that if you look at the bigger picture, from 2020 to 2025, the country's aviation market has continued to expand.
过去两年中国每年新增约4000万航空旅客,总航空人口已达4.7亿。
In the past two years, China has added roughly 40,000,000 new air travelers annually, bringing the total aviation population to four seventy million.
相比2019年增加了1.6亿人次
That is an increase of one and sixty million compared with 2019.
你会看到越来越多人选择乘飞机而非其他交通方式,因为飞行更快且日益便捷
And you see more and more people choosing to fly instead of other kind of transportation means because it's faster, and it's getting more and more convenient.
归根结底,当你比较不同类型的服务和选择后,最终还是会选择航空出行
And at the end of the day, you compare different types of services and different types of choices, and you choose this.
就我个人而言,作为一名消费者,有时无法选择心仪的座位确实令人恼火
And I personally, as a consumer, am very much annoyed by the fact that sometimes I cannot choose the preferred seat that I want.
另一方面,恕我直言,我认为这属于航空公司选择提供的服务类型
On the other hand, if I may play the devil's advocate, I think it's the kind of service the airlines choose to provide.
如果你不满意服务,可以选择其他航空公司
And if you do not like the service, you can find other airlines.
你也可以选择铁路出行
You can choose railways.
这本质上仍是商业选择,并不构成违法
It's still a business choice, and it's not violating any laws.
如果你去一家餐厅,预订了位置,而餐厅经理说:我们为您在洗手间准备了一张漂亮的餐桌。
If you go into a restaurant, if you make a reservation at a restaurant and the restaurant manager says, we have prepared a beautiful table for you in the bathroom.
你会说:是的,但我想坐在餐厅里,随便哪里都行。
And you say, yeah, but I wanna sit in the dining room with with yeah.
靠近厨房或餐厅里的任何地方都可以。
Next to the kitchen or just kind you know, anywhere in the dining rooms be okay.
哦,你可以。
Oh, you can.
当然。
Sure.
但你必须为那张桌子额外付费。
But you're gonna have to pay for that table.
这对你来说可以接受吗?
Would that be acceptable to you?
从我的角度来说不可接受,因为我永远不会在那家餐厅用餐。
That would be not acceptable to me in the sense that I will never ever eat in the restaurant.
再举个例子。
Here's another example.
你去电影院买了票,进场时工作人员却说,等等。
You go to a movie theater, you buy a ticket, and you go into the theater and they the attendant says, oh, wait.
你想坐那里?
You wanna sit there?
如果你要选那个座位,就得额外付钱。
You're gonna have to pay more if you would prefer to sit in that seat.
你能接受吗?
Is that okay with you or not?
这种情况确实发生在某些影院。
That is happening in some theaters.
不同区域的座位根据观影体验和与舞台的距离,价格也不同。
There are different areas of seats that are with different prices based on the experience and the closeness to the stage.
这就是区别所在。
That's the difference.
观演体验和与舞台的距离。
The experience and the closeness to the stage.
这些经济舱座位,很多其实体验并无差异。
These economy seats, many of them are there's no different experience.
只是你需要为此支付更多费用。
It's just that you have to pay more for it.
最大的问题在于以前并不需要额外付费,所以人们对此非常不满。
And the biggest problem is you didn't have to pay for it before, so people don't like this at all.
令我惊讶的是航空公司的这一举措,因为中国高铁如此快速便捷,我在查看春节票务时发现,比如去上海的火车票全部售罄,一票难求。
And I find this to be quite a surprising move by the airlines in the sense that high speed rail in China is so fast and convenient, and people when I was looking at tickets for a spring festival, like, know, maybe taking the train to Shanghai, what I found was the tickets for the trains were all booked, jam packed.
根本买不到。
You couldn't get any.
而航空座位却仍有大量余票。
Airline seats, there were a lot that were still available.
我觉得这很有趣,因为飞往上海的飞行时间其实比火车更短。
And I thought, oh, that's kind of interesting because the flight time, you know, to Shanghai is shorter than the train.
但我跟一些同事聊过,他们说确实如此。
But I talked to some coworkers, and they said, yeah.
但人们会把开车去机场的时间、办理登机手续的时间、安检时间这些都考虑进去。
But people factor in, like, the drive time to the airport, the check the check-in time, the security time, all of that is factored in.
而在北京的主要城区,有多个火车站分布。
Whereas in in in main areas of Beijing, you have different train stations.
根据你住的位置,可以选择对你最方便的车站。
Depending on where you live, you can get one that's convenient for you.
我的观点是,高铁已经非常便利,对许多人来说可能比航空更受欢迎,再加上我们曾在圆桌讨论中提到的,中国高铁的速度在未来几年或十年内还会提升,意味着你能更快到达目的地。
So my point is is that if high speed rail is already really convenient, and it's almost, for many people, maybe a preferred option over the airlines, coupled with the fact, and we've talked about this on roundtable, that the speed of high speed rails in China, within perhaps the next few years or a decade or so, is going to increase as well, meaning you get to your destination faster.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我不认为航空公司这种惹恼...的做法很明智。
I don't see this as a very wise move for the airlines to kind of annoy Mhmm.
他们的顾客
Their customers
嗯
Mhmm.
许多专家也这么认为
Nor does many experts.
由于消费者的诸多投诉,调查已经启动,许多研究航空服务及其他交通方式的专家已对这种举措以及航空业发展的其他方面提供了建议和评估
Because with all these complaints from the consumers, the investigation started and many experts regarding the services provided by airlines as well as other transportation means have given advices and assessment to these kind of moves as well as other aspects of development of airline industry.
嗯
Mhmm.
是的
Yes.
我完全同意你的观点,Steve
Well, I can't agree with you anymore, Steve.
我认为中国高铁在未来几年会越来越快,毕竟中国目前已经拥有全球最快的高铁系统
I think the China's high speed rail will become faster and faster, I think, over the next few years because China actually, at the moment, already have the fastest high speed rail in the world.
正如你所说,我们有些同事往返京沪出差时更倾向于选择高铁
And as you have as you have said that some of our colleagues will like to choose high speed rail when they travel from Beijing to Shanghai for their business trips.
或者去任何地方。
Or or anywhere.
我也是。
Me too.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果我去上海旅行,我会选择高铁,因为不用经历复杂的安检。
I would like to choose if I travel to Shanghai, I would like to choose high speed rail because I don't have to go through this complex security check.
这能为我节省大量时间。
It will save a lot of time for me.
对很多人来说,这确实是个省时的选择。
For a lot of people, it's a time saver.
回到江苏省消保委的决定,他们表示会继续监督航空公司。
Back to the decision from the Jiangsu Consumer Council saying that they would continue to monitor the airlines.
专家方面,洪林,我想你刚才简要提到过这点。
The experts, you know, Hong Lin, I think you you brought this up briefly.
他们同意这一决定。
They're they're agreeing with this decision.
李毅宏是河海大学法学院的副院长,他表示航空公司在购票过程中未能明确告知乘客
Lee Yee Hung is the deputy dean of the law school of Hohai University and said that the airlines failed to clearly inform passengers during the ticket purchase process
啊,这一点说得很对。
Ah, that is a good point.
关于可以免费选择的座位范围、优选座位兑换标准以及座位释放时间等关键信息。
About key information such as the range of seats that can be selected for free and the criteria for preferred seat redemption, and the time when seats will be released.
所有这些信息都没有明确说明。
All of that information is not made clear.
因此,通过使用诸如'以系统显示为准'等模糊语言,或仅在选座阶段才显示限制条件,航空公司为自己保留了单方面锁定座位的灵活性,这使得消费者在最初购票时无法预知其选座权益。
So by using vague language such as, quote, subject to the system display, or by showing restrictions only at the seat selection stage, airlines give themselves this kind of unilateral flexibility to lock the seats, and that prevents consumers from being able to anticipate their seat selection rights when they buy their tickets in the first place.
如果情况属实,这就违反了《消费者权益保护法》第八条,侵犯了消费者的知情权。
And if that is true, then it violates article eight of the consumer rights protection law, and it infringes on consumers' right to know.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我认为这个观点很有道理。
I think that is a good point.
但如果航空公司在购票时就开始提供经济舱可选座位的信息,严格来说,他们并没有违反任何规定。
But if the airline started to give the information about what are the seats in the economics that you can choose while you're purchasing it, technically speaking, again, they're not violating any rules.
即使在圆桌会议上,我们都认为这不是明智之举。
Even here on roundtable, we all agree that it won't be a smart move.
但这总比没有强。
It's still something.
这并不是因为我们不想选择飞往目的地。
It's not because we do not wanna choose to fly to the destination.
恰恰相反。
Very much contradict to that.
我们非常愿意这样做。
We want to do that.
我们只是希望确保这些航空公司能提供更好的服务,让更多乘客的飞行体验有所改善。
We just wanna make sure that these airlines are providing better services and more people might find the experience on these airlines a bit better.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,这某种程度上是在强迫乘客付费,因为如果一架飞机有300名乘客,30%的座位被锁定,但大家都不愿意付钱。
I mean, it it's kind of forcing passengers to pay, though, because if you have a plane of 300 passengers and 30% of your seats are locked, but every but nobody wants to pay.
假设所有人都愿意接受那个没人真正想要的中间座位。
Everybody let's say everybody's willing to accept that middle seat that nobody really wants.
但比如说,他们表态说'好吧'。
But let's just say, for example, they say, yeah.
行吧。
Okay.
那我就接受吧——如果300名乘客都这么说呢?
I'll take it because I don't wanna what if all 300 passengers said that?
那这个选项就不存在了。
Well, that's not an option.
所以总得有人付钱。
So somebody's gonna have to pay.
嗯,在那些情况下,那些原本需要付费才能预定的座位会被分配给他们。
Well, in those cases, they are going to be put into the seats that previously need to be paid up if you wanna reserve them.
而且,我们日常使用的交通系统里还有很多我们并不真正了解的事情。
And also, there are different things that we don't really know about the transportation system that we use all the time.
比如,我最近才意识到,如果你想坐在紧急出口附近的座位——那些靠近安全门区域的座位,不仅需要提前预订,有时甚至无法提前预订,因为值机时他们需要确认你的身体状况是否足够好,能够在紧急情况下协助打开出口。
For example, only recently did I realize that if you want the the kind of seats that are around the guarded well, the seats that are around the exit roll area, not only would you have to make the reservation in advance sometimes you can't make the reservation in advance because while you're check-in, they need to make sure that your status is good enough to sit sit there to help in any kind of dire situations if you really need to open the exit.
嗯。
Mhmm.
他们甚至会询问你一些问题。
And they will even ask you questions.
例如,在国航值机时,他们会当着民航摄像头的面询问你。
For example, on airline well, Air China, they will ask you under the civilian's camera while you're checking.
他们会问:你是否年满15周岁?
They'll ask, are you over the age of 15?
你是否具备能力并愿意协助紧急疏散?
Are you able and willing to assist in an evacuation?
还有,你懂中文吗?
And also, do you understand Chinese?
所以那些不懂中文的人不能坐在那里,因为他们确实缺乏帮助他人的能力。
So for those who do not understand Chinese, they cannot sit there because, yeah, they lack the ability to help other people.
确实。
Sure.
所以这是一种合理的情况。
So that is one kind of situation that is making sense.
但对于其他座位来说,这就不太合理了。
But for the other seats, it does not really make sense.
嗯。
Mhmm.
不过我们依然喜欢飞行。
So still, we like to fly.
我们只是想要更好的服务。
We just want better service.
我们希望它们能发展得更好。
We want them to develop better.
那么我们可以给航空公司、给那些在航空业工作的人提供哪些建议呢?
So what are some advices maybe we can give to the airlines, to those who are, you know, working in the industry?
嗯,我
Well, I
认为座位预订问题是中国民航业在保持稳定增长过程中面临的典型挑战之一。
think the this seat reservation is one of the typical cases that pose challenges for China civil civil aviation industry as it keeps steady growth.
据中国民航局副局长韩军介绍,到2025年,中国将拥有约270个民用机场,航空服务覆盖90%以上人口。
According to Han Jun, deputy administrator of the civil aviation administration of China, by the 2025, China will have around 270 civil use airports with aviation services covering over 90% of the population.
韩军透露,2025年民航预计实现运输总周转量1660亿吨公里,旅客运输量7.7亿人次。
Han Jun revealed that in 2025, civil aviation is expected to achieve a total transport turnover of a 166,000,000,000 ton kilometers and carry 770,000,000 passengers.
尽管中国民航业发展潜力巨大,但韩军认为从长期来看,该行业仍处于战略增长阶段,面临着效率不足、效益不高等问题。
Though China's civil aviation industry has enormous development potential, Hanjun believes that in the long term, the industry remains in a strategic growth phase, and the sector has faced issues such as insufficient efficiency and effectiveness and more.
有建议认为航空公司应该从价格竞争转向所谓的价值竞争。
There's suggestions that the airlines should shift to from price competition to what they call value competition.
这意味着航空公司不应仅通过降低票价来吸引新客户,而应通过提供更优质的服务和体验来竞争,例如更顺畅的登机流程或更高的准点率。
And what that means is rather than just cutting ticket prices to attract new customers, The airline should compete by offering better service and experiences like a smoother boarding experience, for example, or better punctuality.
没人喜欢航班延误,比如坐在登机口的飞机上干等这类情况。
Nobody really likes it when their flights are delayed, sitting on the aircraft at the gate, things like that.
更舒适的客舱环境,优质的机上WiFi服务。
More comfortable cabins, good in flight WiFi.
这是一系列改进措施。
There's a list of things.
行李政策也被纳入了建议清单中。
Luggage policies were include included in that suggestion list as well.
这样做的目的是或许不是成为最廉价的选项,而是提供最佳体验来吸引客户。
And the goal there is to attract customers not by being the cheapest perhaps, but by offering the best experience.
这是行业专家提出的建议之一,关于航空公司如何提升竞争力,以及如何与铁路系统展开竞争。
That's kind of one of the suggestions from industry experts in terms of how airlines can improve, and how they can compete with the, with the rail system as well.
再次回到这个可能让乘客陷入尴尬境地的案例。
And again, back to this story about, you know, perhaps putting customers in an uncomfortable situation.
我认为我们必须实事求是地看待这件事。
I think we have to take this for what it is.
顾客们对此感受不佳。
The customers aren't they don't feel good about this.
对吧?
Right?
他们不觉得自己是被重视的顾客。
They don't they don't feel like a valued customer.
他们感觉在这里没有得到尊重。
They don't treat they don't feel like they're being treated with respect here.
我认为航空公司必须认识到这一点,并做出相应调整。
And I think the airlines have to see that, and they have to adjust accordingly.
如果无法通过座位价格等方式实现,他们可以寻找其他途径,这正是之前建议的核心内容。
And if it's not going to be through seat prices or whatever, they can find other ways to do that, which is what the that previous suggestion was all about.
是的。
Yes.
与此同时,我们看到许多航空公司正在努力提升服务质量。
And in the in the meantime, we see that a lot of airlines are trying to upgrade their services.
例如,我最近发现虽然我不太喜欢飞机上的餐食,但我意识到我可以预订或选择我想要的食物类型。
For example, I recently find out that though I'm not a big fan of food on airplanes, I realized I can book or I can make a reservation of the kind of food that I would want.
如果愿意,我可以选择海鲜。
I can choose seafood if I want.
我甚至可以选择沙拉。
I can even choose salad.
我有一次就选了沙拉。
I chose salad once.
如果你带着婴儿乘机,他们甚至能提供婴儿食品,那种捣碎的
And if you're taking a baby on their airplane, they can even provide food for infant, the kind of smashed
苹果泥。
apples that you eat.
是的。
Yeah.
非常可爱。
Very it's very cute.
与此同时,中国的许多航空公司都为小孩子提供服务。
And at the same time, many many airlines here in China provide services for little kids.
当你想要带孩子去旅行时,这绝对是值得鼓励的。
When you want to take your kids to travel, that's for sure encouraged.
但如果你想让孩子独自乘机,他们会提供接送服务,全程护送孩子上下机,直到交给监护人。
But if you want to send your kid alone on an airplane, they provide the kind of services that would escort the kid on onboard and then off board to whoever is taking care of the kid.
这是另一项服务。
That is another service.
在中国,我记得海南航空也有类似服务。
And here in China, we also see that over 24 I think it is in Hainan Airline.
他们允许从24个中国城市出发的航班携带猫狗进入客舱,不过现在铁路也提供这种服务了。
They allow cats and dogs in the cabin on flights from 24 Chinese cities, and that would allow you to well, but railways do that too now.
这样你就可以带着宠物旅行或把宠物从一个城市运到另一个城市。
That allows you to take your path to travel or transport your pad from one city to another.
除此之外,有些航空公司甚至会在你生日当天乘坐从A地到B地的航班时提供服务。
And besides that, even some airlines can even would even provide services if you are taking a plane from Place A to place B on your birthday.
部分航空公司还会在飞机上准备一个小小的生日惊喜。
Some of airlines would even provide or prepare a little birthday surprise on the plane.
比如什么?
Like what?
比如,乘务员会走过来祝你生日快乐,并送你一份小礼物。
Like, the cabin crew would go over to you and say happy birthday to you to give you a little present.
我不
I don't
需要这个。
need that.
不要。
No.
那太尴尬了。
That is awkward.
向我收取座位费
Charging me for my seat.
这就是我的生日礼物
That's my birthday gift.
让你选择你喜欢的城市
What are Letting you to choose what city you like.
那就是你的生日
That's your birthday.
那可能是个不错的生日礼物
That could be a good birthday gift.
不过你得听我说
You list listen to me though.
我在想,议会调查这件事并跟进处理真是太好了。因为在加拿大和美国——我不确定欧洲或世界其他地区的情况——但在北美,这已经成为一种普遍现象
I I'm I'm thinking this is a wonderful thing that the council investigated this and that they're following up on this because in Canada and America, this is I'm not sure about Europe or other parts of the world, but in North America, this is just kind of an accepted thing.
我读过一些博客文章,讲的是美国乘客对此事的感受
I was reading blog posts about how customers or passengers felt about this in The United States.
从我读到的博客文章来看,人们似乎并不喜欢这种做法,但他们似乎只是勉强接受了现状。
And from the blog post that I read, people don't seem to like it, but they just seem to kind of accept it for what it is.
人们都在说,在某些情况下,我愿意说,好吧,你知道吗?
And people were saying, you know, there are certain times that I'm willing to say, oh, well, you know what?
我干脆就花钱买下那个我想要的座位,因为值得。
I'm just gonna pay for that seat that I want because it's worth it.
例如,如果你带着宠物乘飞机之类的情况,这时你就不应该为升级付费。
For example, if you're traveling with a pet on the plane or something like that, and here's the situation where you shouldn't pay for the upgrade.
但他们只是勉强接受了现状,而且规定还在变得更加严格。
But they just kind of accept it for what it is, and it's getting even stricter.
这又回到我的国家加拿大航空了。
This is back back to Air Canada, my country, again.
自2025年1月3日起,该航空公司将不再为乘坐加拿大境内或往返美国、墨西哥或加勒比地区经济舱基础票价的旅客提供免费随身行李服务。
As of 01/03/2025, the airline no longer offers complimentary carry on luggage for passengers with economy basic fare tickets traveling within Canada or to and from destinations in The United States, Mexico, or The Caribbean.
现在你必须为随身行李付费了。
You have to pay for your carry on luggage now.
从什么时候开始的?
Since when?
哦。
Oh.
是啊。
Yeah.
你能接受这个吗?
Well Can you accept that?
你觉得你会愿意接受这个吗?
Do you think you would like to accept that?
你觉得为行李额外付费更糟糕吗?
You think it's worse to pay extra money for your luggage?
根据我目前所说的一切。
Based on everything I've said so far.
你可以推断出我的答案。
You can deduce my my answer.
问题在于
Here's the problem.
在加拿大,你们没有像中国这样的高速铁路网络,否则你们会有其他选择。
In Canada, you don't have a high speed railway network like in China, or you would have another choice.
你们就会放弃那家航空公司。
You would ditch that airline.
是的。
Yes.
而在中国,无论是乘飞机还是坐火车,旅行的未来将属于那些倾听、改变并做得更好的行业。
And here in China, whether you fly or take the train, the future of travel will belong to industries that listen and change and do better.
如果航空公司想保持竞争力,仅靠更好的飞机是不够的。
If airlines want to stay competitive, they will need more than better planes.
他们还需要与乘客建立更好的关系。
They'll need a better relationship with people who fill them.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。