本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
讨论让世界运转不息。
Discussion keeps the world turning.
这里是圆桌论坛。
This is Roundtable.
您正在收听圆桌论坛节目。
You're listening to Roundtable.
我是主持人Steve Hatherley,今天的嘉宾是牛红林和雨顺。
I'm Steve Hatherley joined today by Niu Hong Lin and Yushun.
接下来将为您介绍北京——中国的首都,也是全球最大城市之一。
Coming up, Beijing, the capital of China and one of the biggest cities in the world.
究竟是什么让这座城市充满活力?
What is it that makes this city tick?
请持续关注,我们将为您呈现这座三千年古都的三千个探访理由。
Stay with us and we'll give you 3,000 reasons to visit the 3,000 year old metropolis.
我们的播客听众(就是您)可以在苹果播客上搜索'圆桌中国'找到我们。
Our podcast listeners, that's you, can find us at Roundtable China on Apple Podcasts.
也请别忘记,我们也很想听到您的反馈。
And please don't forget, we love to hear from you as well.
您可以发送电子邮件。
You can send an email.
我们很感谢这种方式,但我们更想听到您的声音。
We appreciate that, but we love to hear your voice.
所以语音留言会非常棒。
So a voice note would be fantastic.
把您对我们节目中讨论的任何话题的想法发送给我们。
Send those our way with your thoughts on any of the issues that we discuss on the show.
具体操作方式如下。
Here's how you do that.
圆桌播客邮箱:qq.com。
Roundtable podcast at qq.com.
圆桌播客邮箱:Roundtablepodcast@qq.com。
Roundtablepodcast@qq.com.
现在,中国的首都北京,是古老传统与现代创新的迷人融合。
And now, Beijing, the capital of China, is a fascinating blend of ancient traditions and modern innovation.
这座城市拥有故宫、天坛和长城等标志性历史地标,它们是其丰富帝国历史的见证。
The city is home to iconic historical landmarks such as the Forbidden City, the Temple Of Heaven, and the Great Wall, which stand as testaments to its rich imperial past.
与此同时,北京也是一座繁荣的大都市,拥有国家体育场(又称鸟巢)等尖端建筑。
At the same time, however, Beijing is a thriving metropolis with cutting edge architecture like the National Stadium, also known as the Birds Nest.
这种新旧交融的动态组合创造了一种独特的文化图景,古老的胡同与未来感的摩天大楼共存,让游客既能窥见中国悠久的历史,又能感受其快速的现代化进程。
This dynamic mix of old and new creates a unique cultural tapestry where centuries old Hutongs or alleyways coexist with futuristic skyscrapers offering visitors a glimpse into both China's storied history and its rapid modernization.
这座巨型城市背后有什么故事?
What is the story behind this giant city?
有哪些最佳游览地点?
What are some of the best places to visit?
我们将为您提供来首都前需要了解的所有信息。
We'll get you ready with all you need to know before you visit us here in the capital.
显然,你们俩和我自己也都不是北京人。
Now neither of you and myself too, obviously, are from Beijing.
所以我首先想问的是,你们虽然不是本地人,但已经在这里生活了相当长的时间。
So what I want to ask first is you you're not from here, but you've lived here for a considerable period of time.
在你们搬来北京之前,对这座城市有什么期待?
What were your expectations about Beijing before you moved here?
我想知道你们的看法是否有所改变。
And I wonder if your opinion has changed at all.
那我先说吧,因为可能我对北京来说还算个新人。
Then I'll say first because maybe I'm still quite new to Beijing.
我在这里已经住了三年多了。
I've been here for more than three years now.
我可能在节目中和朋友面前都提过好几次了。
I've probably mentioned this a few times on the show and to my friends as well.
给我留下最深印象的是北京的天气。
What left the deepest impression on me is Beijing's weather.
要知道,在来北京之前,我对这座城市的印象大概是阴沉的天空、大风,有时候空气中还弥漫着黄沙。
You know, before coming to Beijing, my impression of the city was probably cloudy skies, strong winds, and also sometimes the air filled with yellow dust.
但当我真正抵达北京时,尤其是刚走出地铁站的那一刻,雨后的城市给我一种异常清新洁净的感觉。
But when I arrived in Beijing, actually, is especially right after, you know, stepping out of the subway station, I was struck by how, you know, fresh and clean the city felt after rain.
街道两旁的灌木丛郁郁葱葱,天空湛蓝如洗。
You know, the bushes along the streets were all lush and green, the sky was so clear.
嗯。
Mhmm.
那次经历之后,我对北京的印象彻底改变了,
My impression of Beijing, like, completely changed after that after that stat,
这真有意思。
you That's so interesting to me.
你的家乡离这里有多远?
How far away is your hometown?
我...我出生并成长在中国南方,
I I I'm I was born and raised in Southern Of China,
大概五六个小时路程?
so Five, six hours away?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
坐高铁的话。
With High Speed Rail.
嗯。
Yeah.
但即便作为中国人,你来北京前对这里也有某种印象对吧。
But even being from China, you had an impression of Beijing before you came here Yeah.
结果发现和你预想的有些出入。
That that turned out to be somewhat false from what you're Right.
与你期待的不同。
What you were expecting.
这真的让我很着迷。
That's really fascinating to me.
林友宏,你呢?
Yohong Lin, how about you?
我大约十年前来的,那并不是我第一次到北京。
I arrived around ten years ago, and that was no not my first visit to Beijing.
所以我对这座城市和这种感觉并不那么陌生。
So I was not that estranged about the city and the feeling.
不过之前几次来都是去故宫、颐和园这些旅游景点
And yet, my previous visits were to Forbidden City, to Summer Palace, to these tourist spots
嗯。
Mhmm.
甚至去过一些相对商业化的地方,逛逛商店买些纪念品。
And even to some relatively commercialized areas where I go shop and go around and buy some souvenirs.
我一直认为,这是一座有着深厚历史的城市,有着
And I always thought, this is a city with a lot of history, with
丰富资源。
a lot of resources.
这种感觉有点令人望而生畏,因为这里的一切都在蓬勃发展。
This is it feels like a little bit intimidating in the sense that it's got everything going on.
嗯。
Mhmm.
然而当我真正住在这里时,我发现和其他城市一样,它能提供的远不止这些——这意味着如果你想要一个相对安静的地方生活、专注于自己的事情,你可以找到这样的地方。
Yet, when I actually reside here, I realized that, like any other city, it has much, much more to offer, which means that if you're looking for a relatively quiet place to just live and do your mind your own business, you can get it.
如果你想找到最时尚的区域,那里的人们都穿着品味极佳的服饰...嗯。
If you want to find the most fashionable area with a lot of people dressing really good taste Mhmm.
你就能找到。
You can find it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
如果你想找一家每周想去一次甚至多次的艺术画廊,同时希望看到不同类型的展览来欣赏,你也能找到。
If you want to find an art gallery that you want to visit once or even several times a week, yet you're looking for different types of exhibition to see, to enjoy, you can find it.
这真是个超级大都市。
It's a really huge city.
你可以继续探索。
You can continue to explore.
这里应有尽有。
There's so much.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且我觉得我可以住在这里。
And there's I I think I could live here.
让我问问你。
Well, let me ask you.
你在这里住了十年,不对,是住了三年。
You've lived here for ten years, and you shouldn't you've lived here for three years.
我猜你连北京的一小部分都没走遍吧。
I'm guessing you haven't been to every part of Beijing even close.
对吧。
Right.
而且你可能永远也不会。
And you probably never will.
不会。
No.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
我明白你的意思。
I understand what you mean.
但同时,这也是我的感受,你知道,北京的人口大约有2150万
But at the same time, and this is how I feel, you know, the population of Beijing is about 21 and a half million
嗯。
Mhmm.
大概吧。
Roughly.
事实并非如此,正如你所说的,红林,我觉得它并没有给人那种感觉。
It doesn't and this is what the what you were saying, you know, Hong Lin, I think, is that it doesn't really feel like that.
是的。
The yeah.
交通有时会很糟糕,比如周五晚上如果你想进城之类的。但由于地理空间的广阔,你并不一定会感到过度拥挤。
The traffic gets bad sometimes, you know, Friday night if you're trying to go downtown or something like that, But you don't necessarily get this huge overcrowded feeling because of the geographical space.
这座城市从南到北、从东到西都如此辽阔,所以不会有那种感觉。
It's such a huge city, north to south and east to west, so it doesn't feel like that.
我说过,作为领队,我们会给你3000个理由来拜访这座拥有3000年历史的城市。
I said, as the lead, you know, we'll give you 3,000 reasons to visit this 3,000 year old city.
这里有如此丰富的历史,我想知道,作为中国人,你最喜欢北京历史的哪些部分?
It's there's so much history here, and I wonder, you know, being from China, what are some of your favorite parts of Beijing's history?
我很想知道。
I I want to know.
说实话,我对北京历史的某个特定时期并没有特别的偏爱,但我确实欣赏一些被保存下来的历史元素。
To be honest, I don't have a, you know, particular favorite period of, Beijing's history, but I do appreciate some of the, you know, historical elements that have been preserved.
例如北京的中轴线,去年被列为世界遗产,还有那些承载着这座城市独特风貌的胡同,这些都让这座城市更加迷人、充满生机。
For example, Beijing's Central Access, which was listed as a World Heritage site or World Heritage last year, and also the Hutongs or that alleys that, you know, carry the unique character of this city, these make the city even more charming and full of life.
抱歉抱歉打断一下。
Sorry sorry to interrupt.
这些胡同,它们各不相同吗?还是说你觉得它们都有相似的氛围?
The Hutongs the Hutongs are are all different, or do they kind of have a similar vibe to them, would you say?
我认为它们氛围相似。
I think they have similar vibes.
嗯。
Mhmm.
因为如果你想想小巷子,世界各地都有小巷子。
Because if you think about if you're thinking about alleys, you have alleys everywhere.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但氛围来自细节,比如你走在高墙耸立的胡同里,或是走在不那么狭窄的胡同中,两旁的建筑也不是那种两三层高的。
Yet, the vibe comes from the details, like if you're walking in an alley with really high walls or if you're walking in an alley that is not that thin yet, the constructions besides or in the block are also not that two, three, four.
其实并没有那么高。
It's not that high.
而且墙上也看不到太多装饰。
And also, you do not see a lot of decoration on the walls.
它们有着相对统一、略带古旧感的风格。
They have this relatively unified kinda antique a little bit antique look.
所以我觉得这也是我想表达北京可以非常多元化的原因。
So I think that is what I was also trying to express when I say Beijing can be very different.
因为不同区域、不同地段会呈现出不同的氛围。
It's because different district, different area would have different vibe.
哦,百分之千正确。
Oh, 1000% true.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果你在北京的中央商务区,在市中心那块儿,我记得刚搬来时还问过:市中心在哪儿?
If you're in the central Business district of Beijing, if you're in that downtown area, I remember asking when I moved here, so where's downtown?
而我的同事们会说,因为北京有大约30个市中心,这问题该怎么回答呢?
And you, my coworkers were like, because there's about 30 downtowns, so how how do you answer that question?
但如果你身处中央商务区,老实说,你会感觉自己仿佛站在曼哈顿的中心。
But if you are in the Central Business District, you you would feel like you were standing in the middle of Manhattan, to be honest with you.
有一点像。
A little bit.
对吧?
Right?
那里充满了现代感。
It's got that very modern feel to it.
然后你坐几站地铁出去,就能到达胡同,那种感觉就像穿越回了几百甚至上千年前。
And then you go a couple of subway stops away, and you can get out and go to a Hutong, which feels like you're stepping back hundreds, if not a thousand years.
那里充满了古老的气息。
It's got that really old feel to it.
我去的那条胡同有很多卖旅游小饰品的店铺,虽然有这样的商业元素,但同时也让人感受到'这里曾是历史发生的地方'的那种氛围。
The Hutong that I visited, it was a lot of shops that sold little trinkets for tourists and things like that, but you had that so it had that element to it, but it also just had the element of, oh, this is this is where where where stuff used to happen, you know.
这里是社区生活的地方。
This is where communities lived.
几百年前这里可不是购物区。
This wasn't a shopping district a few 100 years ago.
这是一个社区。
This is a community.
没错。
Right.
当你漫步在胡同里时也能感受到这种氛围,最奇妙的是现代与古老近在咫尺。
And you get that sense in the Hutongs when you're walking around as well, which is one of the wonderful things is that those are so close to each other.
它们比邻而居,现代与古老和谐共存。
They're right next to each other, the modern and the old coexisting.
你觉得呢,红林?
How about for you, Hong Lin?
你认为北京历史中最精彩的部分是什么?
What do you what do you think some of your favorite parts of Beijing's history?
我认为北京的一个美妙之处在于,它的变化不会剧烈到让你认不出来。
Well, I think one wonderful thing about Beijing is that it doesn't change so drastically that you do not recognize it anymore.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
因为我们二三十岁时,曾看过很多在北京拍摄的电视剧和电影,现在依然能认出那种氛围、口音、人们走路的方式,以及街边的小水果蔬菜摊。
Because we are in our twenties, thirties, and we used to, for example, watch a lot of TV shows, watch a lot of movies that are actually made in Beijing, and you still recognize the kind of vibe, the accents, the way people walk, the kind of little fruit and vegetable stalls on the side of the street.
虽然现在已经很少见到这些了。
We do not no longer see many of those anymore.
但建筑、楼房、口音,甚至老一辈的穿衣风格都保持不变。
Yet, the construction, the buildings, and accent, and even the dressing style of relatively elder generation stays the same.
所以当你作为游客来到北京时,仍然能认出在电影电视剧中见过的场景,这让你很容易在情感上与这座城市产生共鸣。
So when you arrive in Beijing as a tourist, you still recognize what you've seen in movies, in TV shows, and that is really easy for you to be related to the city in an emotional way.
有道理。
That makes sense.
是啊。
Yeah.
我能问这个问题吗?
Can I ask this question?
你知道,作为一个加拿大人,我们国家的历史并不悠久。
You know, because being a Canadian, we don't have a lot of history in our in our country.
我们国家非常非常年轻,但中国有着几千年的历史。
Our country is very, very young, but China has so many thousands of years of history.
在加拿大上学时,历史课很简单。
As a student in class, taking history class in Canada was easy.
课程内容非常简短。
It was very short.
对吧?
Right?
但在中国上历史课时,我在想有这么多内容要学。
But in China, when you take history class, I wonder how there's so much to learn.
我好奇学生们会不会觉得'天啊'。
I wonder if students are just like, oh, no.
拜托别再上历史课了,还是说这是你们从小学到高中一直要持续学习的必修课程?
Please, no more history classes, or is it just something that you study all through the years in school and just continue and continue to learn?
是的。
Yeah.
首先,历史是必修课程之一,从小学到初中再到高中都需要学习。
First of all, history is one of the compulsory programs that, like, you need to study through from primary school to middle school and then high school.
在这些年里,我记得我们会先学习近代史,然后是古代史,还有世界史。
And through all of these years, I remember we would study modern history, first of all, and then ancient history, and then also world history.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以你可以学习不同领域的历史,以及不同时期的历史等等。
So you can study different, like, areas of histories and also different times of histories and something like that.
虽然我不是历史专业的,对历史也没有特别的喜好或厌恶,但当参观博物馆时,你总能看到那些著名的文物或博物馆展示的重要展品。
And I'm not a, you know, history major, or I don't have a particular liking or dislike for history, but, you know, still, when you're visiting some museums, you can see that kind of famous relics or that really important things that was showcased in the museums.
但我认为所有这些历史课程,主要是为了帮助我们理解历史发展的时间线。
But I think all of these history classes, it was mainly to help us understand the timeline of historical development.
确实,我们为了考试不得不背诵一些历史知识,但在课堂上,许多同学对老师讲述的这些历史故事非常感兴趣,尤其是那些著名文物的历史,大家听得就像在听导游讲解景点一样。
And it's true that we had to memorize some history for exams, but during class, many students will still be very interested in these kind of, you know, histories that teachers were telling us, especially when it comes to the history of some well known cultural relics and everyone will listen to it as if they are just hearing a, you know, tour guide explain the sites.
是的。
Yeah.
非常赞同Yushin的说法。
Very much like what Yushin said.
我觉得历史和地理都是这样。
I think it's kinda like for history as well as geography.
这就像是在脑海中建造一座图书馆或某种房子。
It's kinda like building a library or a certain kinda house in your mind.
你先有框架。
You have the frame.
然后有不同楼层的墙壁,再试着放入一些家具。
You have then the wall in different floors, and then you try to put in some furnitures.
这意味着当你去到某个地方,比如北京,你会了解更多关于这个地方的细节。
That means you go to a certain place, you learn a little bit more about the details of the place, for example, Beijing.
比如如果你对清朝历史特别感兴趣,就像通过参观故宫博物院、紫禁城,把所有相关的东西放进一个房间,你会获得更多信息。
If you're particularly interested in the Qing dynasty history, for example, it's kinda like a room that you're putting all of the stuff in by visiting the palace museum, visiting the Forbidden City, and you would have more information.
而你脑海中这个小建筑的框架结构、它的基础,都来自你中学的历史和地理课程。
And the structure, the frame of your little building in your mind, the foundation of it is from your middle school history and geography lessons.
这真的很酷。
That's really cool.
而且我认为了解北京或中国历史的方式之一是通过艺术和电影。
And one of the ways I think that we can learn about the history of Beijing or the history of China is through art and through film.
电影也是我们实现这一目标的绝佳途径之一。
Film is is one of the great ways we can do that too.
我知道最近启动了一个新的活动。
And I know that there's a new campaign that's been launched.
这真的很令人兴奋。
This is really exciting.
这某种程度上是建立在春节档电影成功的基础之上的。
And this is kind of on the heels of the success of the films that came out during the Spring Festival period.
宁林,给我们讲讲这个活动以及它包含的内容。
Nyeong Lin, tell us about this campaign and and what's involved.
其实呢,与其说是活动,不如说是号召大家一起参与这个有趣的集体项目。
Well, actually, the campaign, if you're calling it a campaign, it's more like a calling for people to come and do this fun thing together kind of activity.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
这个有趣的项目就是跟着中国电影游中国。
And the fun thing you can do is to travel China with Chinese films.
而且我觉得不局限于中国电影。
And I think it's not just Chinese films.
任何你看过并为之着迷的电影或电视剧都可以。
It's any films or any TV shows that you've ever watched and you find fascinating.
就像史蒂夫刚才说的,你会想深入了解某个特定地方或历史时期。
You wanna know more about that particular place or the particular period of history, like Steve has just said.
因为你对剧中情节太着迷了,所以想进一步探索背后的故事。
You wanna learn more about it because you're just so fascinated about the plot you've seen in the show.
这就是你能做的,因为最近如果你来中国,我们根据你可能长期喜爱的电影主题,为你开发规划了不同的路线。
And this is what you can do because recently, if you come to China, there are different routes developed and planned for you based on the theme of the movies that you might be loving for a really long time.
而以前,你可能只能去电影拍摄地,自己探索。
And previously, you may just be able to go to the place where the movie was shot and just, you know, explore by yourself.
现在你可以享受全套服务。
Now you can have the whole package.
你甚至可以打扮成电影中最喜欢的角色,在那个真实场景中扮演你最爱的角色,完全沉浸在整个环境中。
You might even be able to dress like your favorite character in the movie and play the favorite play your favorite role in the movie in that exact place and just immerse yourself in the entire setting.
我认为这会是非常酷的体验。
And I think that could be a really cool thing to do.
显然,已经来体验的人都非常喜欢,有些人很幸运,他们正好在中国旅行,纯属巧合赶上了这个活动。
And apparently, are loving it for those who have already coming here and they're some of them are just lucky enough that it's a happy coincidence for them that they're already traveling in China
时机太完美了。
and Perfect they timing.
完美的时机。
Perfect timing.
但有些人真的只是看了《哪吒2》,就是史蒂夫提到的那部非常著名的电影。
But some really just did watch Ne Zha two, which was is the movie that Steve talked about, the very famous one.
他们想了解更多关于场景和中国神话故事的历史背景。
And they wanted to know more about the scenes, about the history of the Chinese tale.
他们来了,现在正玩得非常开心。
They came, they're and having a really good time.
那太好了。
That's great.
说到电影,我们派了一些记者上街采访。
Well, speaking of films, we had some reporters out there in the streets.
Yushin,你就是其中一位记者,对吧。
Yushin, you were one of those reporters, I Yeah.
他们在街头采访人们,了解大家对中国旅游、电影等话题的看法。
Out there talking to people to get their opinions on travel and film and other things here in China.
现在让我们听听第一段采访片段,他们正在讨论一些精彩的电影。
So let's hear our first clip where they're talking about some great movies.
《致我们暖暖的小时光》
Well intended love.
《重庆森林》和《堕落天使》,还有一部是《花样年华》。
Chongqing Express and also Fallen Angels and also one more movie from In the Mood for Love.
《花样年华》。
In the Mood for Love.
我们想去四川。
We wanna go to Sichuan.
我们想看大熊猫,或者去广州。
We wanna see the pandas or like to Guangzhou.
所以我打算做天气调研,去看看电影里那些著名景点。
So I am going to do a weather research and see all the places in the movies and like the famous places.
《大红灯笼高高挂》和《活着》之类的。
Raise the red lantern and to live and things like that.
当我看到那些地方的影像时,就更想去了。
When I see images and films of those places, it just makes me wanna go more.
所以我坚信电影和影像的力量,它们能真正帮助人们捕捉旅行的愿景,同时减少对这些地方的疏离感。
So I I I believe in the power of film and images to actually help people catch the vision for for travel and for also not feeling so alienated from those places.
是的。
Yeah.
节目开始前我和Yushin聊过天。
You and I were chatting, Yushin, before the show.
就是你说的那位艺术家吗?
Was that the artist that you were speaking
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
对。
Yeah.
你对他所说的内容印象非常深刻。
You were really impressed by what he had to say.
没错。
Yes.
他提到了一些张艺谋的著名电影,《活着》和《大红灯笼高高挂》,我完全同意他的观点。
He was speaking of some of famous Zhang Yimou's films, To Live and Raise the Red Lantern, and I totally agree with that, you know.
我认为电影确实是了解一个地方的绝佳方式,也是文化连接的优秀媒介。
I think films are actually a great way to, you know, actually understand a place, and they are an excellent medium for the culture to to be connected.
它们能拉近人们的距离,还能通过这些艺术和电影作品突破语言障碍。
And they bring people closer together and also break through language barriers through all of these art and film as well.
是的。
Yeah.
我完全同意,因为它为你提供了连接的纽带。
I totally agree with that because it gives you something to connect to.
对吧?
Right?
特别是当你在一个国家旅行时,如果你是第一次来中国,对这里的历史、艺术界、电影或电子游戏等创作不太了解,电影就能成为一座桥梁,让你在旅途中或出发前就能建立起一些联系。
Especially if you're traveling in a country, if you're coming to China for the first time and you don't know too much about the history or the art scene here or the films or the video games or whatever that's been made, that gives you there's a bridge there, right, through film that allows you to connect a little bit, while you're here or or before you come.
希望这样会更好。
Hopefully, that would be even better.
是的。
Yes.
电影不仅可以成为你来这里的理由,也可以作为你的研究素材。
And movies cannot only be a reason for you to come, it can also be your research material.
假设你已经在计划中国之旅,不妨找些优秀的中国电影看看。
Say you're already planning a trip to China, maybe find some good Chinese movies to watch.
没错。
Yeah.
这样你会更享受你的停留时光。
You're gonna enjoy your stay much more.
要不要尝尝一些美食?
How about some good food to eat?
大家对这事有什么看法?
What what did people have to say about this?
食物非常美味。
The food is very good.
比如中国的街头小吃,那些特色美食。
The like street food, typical food of China.
我正想说,对我来说最重要的是食物太棒了。
I was just gonna say the most important thing for me is the the food is amazing.
所以有了美食,其他都无所谓了。
So with that, everything else is okay.
是啊。
Yeah.
有什么推荐吗?比如...哦。
Any recommendation like Oh.
哦。
Oh.
太多了。
So many.
太多了。
So many.
好的。
Okay.
我个人喜欢吃辣,所以麻辣烫永远是我的最爱。
I personally like spicy, so mala tan forever.
我超级喜欢,我是说,我懂的。
I absolutely love I mean, I know.
是啊。
Yeah.
热辣的想法。
Hot thought.
我们在北京。
We're in Beijing.
所以北京烤鸭。
So Beijing Kaia.
北京烤鸭。
Beijing Kaia.
对。
Right.
饺子之类的。
Dumplings and whatnot.
不。
No.
我是说,得了吧。
I mean, come on.
我们所有人只要离开中国,哪怕只是短暂时间,都会想念中餐。
We all we crave Chinese food when we leave China even for a short term for a short time.
一回来就会狼吞虎咽。
We come back and go and Devour.
大吃特吃。
Devour.
是啊。
Yeah.
麻辣永远应该是麻辣的官方口号。
Mala forever should be the official slogan of Mala.
是啊。
Yeah.
光是美食就足够成为理由了,对吧,让人们来中国玩得开心。
The food is is reason enough, right, for for people to to visit China and have a great time.
特别是因为中国有这么多不同的菜系,可以满足不同口味的人群。
Especially because, you know, China has so many different cuisines, and it can, like, cater to different type of people with different tastes.
嗯。
Mhmm.
另外我想补充一点,现在几乎在任何地方都能找到来自不同地区的正宗菜肴。
Also, another point I would like to mention is that almost in any place, you can find authentic dishes, you know, from many different regions now.
所以这给了人们体验不同菜系和口味的机会。
So, yeah, it gives people opportunity to experience different types of cuisines and tastes.
我不知道你们怎么想,但我个人会先看些旅行纪录片,然后去找里面出现的美食尝尝。
I don't know about you, but I personally would go watch some travelogues and then find the food that I have seen to have a taste.
就像通过视觉加成,看到电影里人们享用美食的体验或记忆,我自己也想尝试那些食物。
It's like with the plus of visual, with the experience or the memory of someone that are in the film enjoying the food so much, I would like to try the food myself.
是的。
Yeah.
因为全国各地的食物都各不相同。
Because the food's different from all over all over the country.
对吧?
Right?
你能从不同地区尝到不同的风味。
You'll get different tastes from from different regions.
我对食物的印象是——虽然不确定是否该感到意外——我原本以为所有菜都会特别辣。
I my impression of the food, and I don't know if I was surprised to find that it wasn't or I'm still not sure, but I kind of had it in my mind that the food all the dishes were going to be really spicy.
不知道为什么会有这种印象,当然如果不注意的话确实可能遇到超辣的情况。
I don't know why I had it in my mind that it was going to be like that, and it definitely can be like that if especially if you're not careful.
记得看菜品旁边标注的辣椒数量。
Look for the number of chili peppers next to the dish.
这样做确实是个好办法。
That's that's a good thing to do.
或者直接询问,因为不同餐厅可能有不同的标准。
Or ask because sometimes different restaurants can have different standards.
是啊。
Yeah.
在中国我们甚至会说:你说的是广东人的辣还是四川人的辣?
In China, we even say, are you talking about Guangdong people spicy or Sichuan people spicy?
没错。
Yeah.
这对我来说也是另一个意外发现。
And that was another surprising thing for me too.
虽然我知道中国幅员辽阔,但说来惭愧——
I mean, I knew that China was a huge country geographically speaking, but and I feel embarrassed to say this.
我曾以为中餐就是中餐,这想法很无知。但对于没来过中国的人,这确实是普遍认知。
I just thought Chinese food's Chinese food, you know, and that's very ignorant, but I think from for people who have never been here before, that's just kind of what you think.
嗯
Mhmm.
但当你真正来到这里,就会发现北方的食物与南方不同,而西部地区的饮食可能又有所不同。
But when you arrive, you realize, you know, the food in the North is different from the food in the South, which might be different from the food in the western parts of the country.
所以我还在不断尝试,我记得之前在《圆桌派》节目上也提到过这一点。
So I'm still experimenting, and I've been told I think I mentioned this on Roundtable before.
有人告诉我,即便是中国人也未必尝遍国内所有的菜系
I've been told that even Chinese people will never eat all of the available dishes
没错
No.
这些遍布全国的美食。
That are here in the country.
另外我必须说,我想分享一个小故事——有次我看了一部电影,
And also, I have to say, and I'm sharing this a little bit as my personal little story, is that I once watched a movie.
那是个非常精彩的故事。
It was a very it's a really good story.
女主角生了个孩子。
And the main character, the female character, she had a baby.
她失去了丈夫,正在和某人交谈。
She lost her husband, and she was talking to someone.
电影结尾时,她和另一个角色对话,对方确认她丈夫已遇难,当时她正在吃手撕烤鸭——准确说是手撕北京烤鸭。
At the end of the movie, she was talking to another character, and the character told her that it's it's it's confirmed that she has lost her husband, and she was eating this picking chicken roasted duck, actually picking roasted duck.
如果你不熟悉北京烤鸭的吃法:用薄饼卷着鸭肉,配上黄瓜条、韭菜和酱料——
And the duck if you are not familiar with the roasted duck in Beijing, you have a little wrap, a very thin wrapper to put the meat in and then some cucumber and then some Chinese chives and sauce and you
还有糖?
And sugar?
对,还有糖。
And sugar.
把这些食材卷在一起就可以吃了。
And you put them together, wrap them together and start eating them.
我至今记得她边吃边落泪的那个镜头。
And I remember that scene of her eating and her tears just dropped.
震撼人心。
Powerful.
哇。
Wow.
她吃东西的样子看起来真的很美味,但那个瞬间却充满力量。
And the way she eats it is really delicious, but it's a powerful moment.
每次偶尔想起时,都会让我有点想吃片皮鸭。
And every time Once in while, it reminds me of having a little bit picking duck for some
让人垂涎欲滴。
It is mouth water
味道很浓郁。
is strong.
太美味了。
Is so delicious.
它同时兼具软嫩多汁和酥脆的口感。
It's soft and tender and juicy and crispy all at the same time.
我们今天下班后可以去吃那个吗?
Can we go have that for dinner after work today?
现在加糖这事,我之前都不知道。
The sugar now, I didn't know about that.
我和妻子之前去北京时,我加入了这里的团队,我们一起出去吃饭点了烤鸭,红林教我如何包饼,我问她这白色的东西是什么?
And my wife and I, when we visited Beijing before, I joined the team here, we went out to dinner together and we ordered duck and, Hong Lin was instructing me on how to put the wrap together, and I asked, what's this white stuff?
她说那是糖。
And she said, that's sugar.
因为我在世界其他地方也吃过烤鸭,但从没见过糖这个选项。
So, because I've eaten the duck in other places in the world before, and I'd never seen the sugar as an option.
我说好吧。
I said, okay.
那我试试。
I'll try it.
哦,这完全改变了游戏规则。
Oh, that's a game changer.
这完全是个颠覆性的改变,对吧
That's a total game changer right
就在那里。
there.
而这正是来到发源地品尝当地美食的魅力所在。
And that's the beauty of coming to the original place and try the delicacies there.
今天还有一段视频要和大家分享,这是街头随机采访的一些人。
One more clip to share with you today, and this is just from from some people on the street.
这些只是他们给我们的一些通用建议。
This is just their general advice for us to listen to.
要把所有应用都下载好。
To have all the apps downloaded.
比如美团、支付宝之类的全部应用。
Like, Meituan, Alipay, everything.
下载支付宝。
Download Alipay.
确保能用。
Make sure it works.
一定要下载微信。
Get WeChat, definitely.
微信。
WeChat.
或许也可以下载这个应用,或者在支付宝上使用。
Maybe download the the app too or use it on Alipay.
翻译软件。
Translator.
对。
Yeah.
还要制定一个完善的旅行计划。
And let's have a good plan for travel.
友善待人。
Be kind.
不要认为自己比任何人高人一等,要勇敢。
Don't try to think of yourself as like higher than anyone and be brave.
我想说的是最重要的一点,不要被语言或文化差异吓倒。
The biggest thing that I would say is not to be intimidated by the the language or the the cultural differences.
保持开放的心态,尝试新事物。
And just be open minded, try new things.
我觉得今天是冬天的最后一天,天气要变暖了,所以现在是个好时机来。
And I feel like today is the last day of winter, now it's going to be warm and so it's a good time to come.
来的好时机。
Good time to come.
体验一下。
Experience Yeah.
体验中国的便利,还有这些公共交通和公共设施。
Experience the convenience of China and also these public transportation and public facilities.
我想说这些只是中国能提供的最基本的东西。
And I would say these are only the things that are so basic that China can offer.
展开剩余字幕(还有 49 条)
你甚至可以走进一些社区,感受当地人的真诚热情。
You can even enter some communities and then feel the genuine warmth of the local people.
虽然这些都是基础服务,但它们非常重要,因为几年前很多在线支付平台对外国人并不那么友好。
Well, they are basic, but they're very important because several years ago, a lot of the online payment platforms are not that friendly or were not that friendly for foreigners.
那时很难在手机上安装并使用它来支付。
Hard for you to get it installed on your phone and use it to pay for stuff.
但现在情况已经变得容易多了。
But now it's getting much, much easier.
甚至到了这种程度——我有些朋友抱怨说,在中国他们发现只需要带手机就能搞定一切。
And to the extent that some people, some of my friends complain that when they're in China, they realize they just have to bring their phone for everything.
是的。
Yes.
如果
If
你 而且
you And
当他们回国时,反而会遭遇逆向文化冲击。
when they go back, they encounter backwards cultural shock.
是啊。
Yeah.
我在想,如果在中国丢了手机,那一定是世界上最糟糕的事,因为一切都依赖手机。
It I I wonder if you lose your phone in China, it must be the worst thing in the world because everything is through your phone.
你必须得非常、非常快地想办法把手机找回来。
You'd have to take care of getting that back very, very quickly.
说它是世界上最糟糕的事,是因为这会非常不方便,因为你得把所有东西都重新弄回来。
It's the worst thing in the world in the sense that it's not convenient because you have to get everything back.
不过也没那么糟,因为你还有密码。
Yet, it's not that bad because you still have your password.
你不会因为丢了手机就失去所有绑定手机号的东西。
You're not going to lose everything attached to your phone number just because you lose your phone.
噢,确实如此。
Oh, for sure.
对。
Right.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
但支付和出行这些便利性确实很重要。
But just the convenience of paying for things and getting around and yeah.
我很喜欢他们提到的那些建议。
I love those tips of what what they were talking about.
要知道,勇敢一点。
You know, be brave.
不要被吓倒。
Don't be intimidated.
我觉得这是很棒的旅行建议。
I think that's great travel advice.
初到一个新城市可能会让人感到畏惧,但无论你去世界哪个地方都是如此。
It can be intimidating getting into a new city, but that's true for anywhere in in the world that you go to.
我非常喜欢这个建议——记得在手机上安装那些应用。
And I love that advice for, you know, get those apps on your phone.
这会让一切变得轻松许多。
It will just make things so much easier.
我觉得你可以抵达后再做,但提前准备好会让你更加便利。
I think you could do it after you arrive, but doing it before you arrive would just be another level of convenience for you.
在结束前,我想知道的是——
Before we finish up, this is what I wanna know.
对于从未到过北京的人,玉顺你会推荐哪个旅行地点?
For people who have never visited Beijing before, where would be Yushun your recommended place to travel?
哦,当然。
Oh, yeah.
你们可能都知道那些著名景点,但我想特别推荐的是——虽然我说过喜欢这座城市的历史元素,但北京一个我最近去过的图书馆真的让我惊喜不已。
You have I think you will know all of these famous tourist attractions, but the one place that I would like to mention or recommend is that, you know, although I said I really like these kind of historical elements of the city, a library that I recently visited in Beijing truly surprised and delighted me.
所以我也推荐大家都去看看。
So I'd also recommend everyone to go.
它叫北京城市图书馆,位于北京远郊的通州区,靠近北京环球度假区。
It's called the Beijing City Library located in the far eastern part of Beijing in Tongzhou District near the Beijing Universal Resort.
如果你知道这个地方就能找到它。
If you know that and then you will get to it.
这座图书馆真的非常大,外墙几乎全是玻璃,屋顶设计成树冠形状,在里面完全不会感到压抑。
And this library is really really large and its exterior is almost entirely made of glass and the roof is shaped like trees and when you're inside, you don't feel that, you know, the slightest bit oppressed.
而且它的设计既宏伟又精致,我真心希望你们能去亲身体验一下。
And also, its design is very magnificent and delicate, and I really want you to go there and and experience it.
很棒的推荐。
Wonderful recommendation.
很快啊,侯力。
Very quickly, Houli.
嗯。
Yeah.
我还是希望你们去参观莫斯科风情区,因为那里才是原汁原味的北京,既包含传统风貌也融合了现代元素。
I want you still to go visit the Moscow places because that is the authentic flavor of Beijing, and that includes the traditional parts as well as the modern parts.
是的。
Yes.
我想说这些地方都值得去看看,就算不会中文也不用担心——我当初很惊讶地发现北京其实是个对英语很友好的城市。
And I would say go visit all of those places, and don't worry if you don't speak Chinese because I was very surprised, guess, I don't know why to know that it's a very English friendly city.
地铁都有英文标识,出行非常方便。
The subways are all in English and it's very convenient to get around.
今天聊得很开心。
That was a fun time today.
本次圆桌讨论就到这里。
That'll do it for this roundtable.
我是史蒂夫。
I've been Steve.
感谢林霓虹和俞鑫的参与。
Thank you to Nihong Lin and Yushin.
也请下次再来加入我们。
And please do come back and join us again next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。