本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
讨论让世界持续运转。
Discussion keeps the world turning.
这是圆桌讨论。
This is roundtable.
你正在收听圆桌讨论。
You're listening to roundtable.
今天我和费菲、玉顺一起主持。
I'm Steve Hatherley today with Fei Fei and Yushun.
接下来,我们将讲述三个看似毫无关联的故事,但在细节之中,隐藏着等待被发现的联系。
Coming up, three stories with no apparent motive, but somewhere in the details, there's a connection waiting to be found.
圆满闭环即将呈现。
The full circle is coming up.
之后,这是一个非常可爱动人的故事。
After that, this is such a cute and lovely story.
外交和贸易协议固然重要,但它们不属于这条线索。
Diplomacy and trade deals are great, but they're not part of this track.
今年最大的文化桥梁,是由一颗糖果搭建起来的。
The biggest cultural bridge of this year was built with a single piece of candy.
我们将讲述一个意外走红的时刻,证明了甜蜜胜过千言万语。
We're gonna tell the story of an accidental viral moment that proved that sweetness speaks louder than words.
我们的播客听众可以在苹果播客上搜索《Roundtable China》找到我们。
Our podcast listeners can find us at Roundtable China on Apple Podcasts.
别忘了我们也非常期待听到你的声音,请发送语音留言给我们。
Don't forget that we love to hear from you too, so send your voice notes our way.
Roundtable Podcast,网址是 qq.com。
Roundtable Podcast at qq.com.
再次提醒,Roundtable Podcast,网址是 qq.com。
Once again, roundtable podcast at qq.com.
现在,
And now.
三个故事。
Three stories.
一个克内西安人。
One Knessian.
这是一个完整的循环。
This is the full circle.
是时候进入完整循环环节了,这个环节我们会从本周的节目中挑选三个故事,并将它们串联起来。
It is time for the full circle, a segment where we take three stories from this week's shows and draw a line between them.
三个故事,三个来自不同领域的不同主题,表面上看它们似乎毫无关联,但当侦探玉顺介入时,联系却越来越清晰。
Three stories, three different topics from different worlds, and on the surface, nothing obvious connects them, but when detective Yushun is on the job, it becomes more and more clear.
什么?
What
我们本周从哪个故事开始?
are we starting with this week?
首先,这个故事始于周二,甘吉的回归。
So first of all, the story starts from Tuesday, the return of Ganji.
当你想到甘吉时,就想象一个大型市场或大型线下集市,人们去那里购物。
Well, when you think about Ganji, just think about a big market or a big offline fair where people go and go shopping.
在古代,集市是用来交换物品的。
And in the ancient time, it was for exchanging stuff.
是的。
Yeah.
年轻人走出家门,享受传统集市。
Young people getting out there enjoying traditional markets.
最令人惊讶的是,年轻人和传统集市似乎本不该搭边,但情况已经不再是这样了。
Maybe the most surprising thing is that they they don't seem to go together, young people in traditional markets, but not the case anymore.
对。
Yeah.
如今,集市和庙会重新兴起,成为一种流行的生活方式,因为人们可以体验最地道的购物方式——讨价还价、买蔬菜,还能感受那种真实的生活氛围和人际联结。
Now the fairs and markets has reemerged as a trendy lifestyle of money on people because they can experience the most authentic ways and bargaining and everything to buy vegetables, and also the atmosphere experience and that kind of real life connection.
你的第二个故事是什么?
What's your second story?
第二个故事来自周三,关于书皮包装的争论。
The second story is from Wednesday, the book cover wrapping debate.
许多学生希望到本学期结束时,他们的教科书还能像新的一样。
Many students just hope their textbooks still look brand new by the end of this semester.
而那些更动手的学生可能会用大卷包装纸仔细地给书本包上封面。
And those who are more hands on might use even large rolls of wrapping paper to carefully cover their books.
这是我每年最喜欢的一项活动。
That's my favorite activity every year.
那天你可是泼了冷水。
You were a dream squasher on that day.
是的。
Yeah.
为什么?
Why?
你不是余顺,那天你没上那个节目。
You weren't Yushun, you weren't on that show that day.
那就是我。
That was that was me.
哦。
Oh.
抱歉。
Sorry.
对不起。
Sorry.
我没听到。
I missed that.
我突发奇想,觉得用Pindo书皮是个价值百万美元的点子。
I had the genius idea of my million dollar idea of Pindo book covers.
哦,对。
Oh, yes.
你立刻说这是我听过的最糟糕的主意。
You immediately said that's the worst idea I've ever heard.
确实是。
That is.
我会在我私人飞机飞过头顶时向你挥手。
I will wave to you from my private jet as it flies overhead.
是的。
Yeah.
这件事已经持续很久了,至今仍在继续。
Still going had had been going on for a long time, still going on today.
是的。
Yeah.
你可以在这方面发挥创意,如何包装你的书籍。
You can be creative with that, how you wrap your books.
好的。
Alright.
你最近选的是哪一个?
What's your last one that you've chosen?
第三个是周四的,城市与花粉季节。
The third one is from Thursday, cities versus pollen season.
很多人,你知道的,如果有打喷嚏、流鼻涕、眼睛干痒这些症状,那都是花粉引起的。
Many people, you know, hands up, if you have this kind of symptoms like sneezing, runny noses, dry and itchy eyes, and that's all caused by pollen.
这恰恰与我们之前关注的内容相反。
Which is exactly the opposite of what we were focusing on
现在的年轻人。
Young today.
今天我们要讲这个故事。
Today with our story.
是的。
Yeah.
对很多人来说,这是一年中很难熬的时节。
A difficult time of year for a lot of people.
好的。
Alright.
所以我们现在说的是花粉过敏。
So we've got pollen allergies.
我们面临着书封和包装的难题与争论,还有传统市场。
We've got book covers and wrapping dilemmas and debates, and we've got traditional markets.
正如我之前所说,玉顺正在工作。
As I said before, Yushun's on the job.
让我们来看看今天完整的循环是什么。
Let's find out what the full circle is today.
这三个故事都揭示了当某种原本为简单目的设计的事物超越了其初衷时会发生什么,以及我们如何努力将其拉回平衡。
So all three stories reveal what happens when something designed for a simple purpose evolves beyond it and how we struggle to bring it back to balance.
首先,赶集从来不是为了浪漫。
First of all, Ganji was never meant to be romantic.
对吧?
Right?
它原本是实用的,甚至很平凡,一个买你需要的东西然后离开的地方。
It was practical, even mundane, a place to buy what you needed and move on.
但不知从何时起,随着生活变得越来越数字化、高效化和精心策划,这种简单性开始显得有些缺失。
But somewhere along the way, as life became more digital, more efficient, more curated, that simplicity started to feel a little bit missing.
便利与连接、效率与体验之间的鸿沟出现了。
The gap appeared between convenience and connection between efficiency and experience.
于是年轻人开始寻找这种体验,不是在应用程序里,也不是在商场里,而是在喧闹、杂乱、不可预测的市场中。
So young people went looking for it, not in apps, not in malls, but in the noisy and messy, unpredictable markets.
他们在应用程序中缺失了这种喧闹和不可预测性。
They were missing that noisy unpredictability in the applications.
没错。
Exactly.
曾经被视为落后的,如今却恰恰是真实的感觉。
And what was once seen as backward is now exactly what feels real.
至于书皮包装,书的包装一开始有着明确的目的:保护那些简单、合乎逻辑、甚至有意义的珍贵之物,但随着时间推移,这个目的被层层期望和那种完美、统一的外观所掩盖,仿佛书籍就该是这样。
And then on book cover wrapping, book wrapping book covers started with a clear purpose, protect something valuable that's simple, logical, even meaningful, but over time, the purpose got buried under layers of expectation and that kind of perfect uniform, appearance that the books could be.
这里功能与形式之间的差距虽微妙,却极其强大。
The gap here is subtle but very, very powerful between function and form.
原本旨在传递关怀与责任的,如今却教人服从,甚至可能是表演。
What was supposed to teach care and responsibility now teaches compliance and maybe performance.
所以如果你没有完美的书封,就会因此受到评判。
So if you don't have the perfect book cover, you're gonna be judged for it.
不总是这样,对。
Not Sometimes, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
然后在花粉问题上,城市种植树木来解决过去的污染、荒芜景观和缺乏绿地问题。
And then on pollen, cities planted trees to solve a problem before, pollution, barren landscapes, and lack of green space.
当然,这奏效了。
And it worked, of course.
城市变得更绿、更干净,环境也更宜居,但随后出现了意想不到的后果。
Cities became greener, cleaner, environments more livable, but then came the unintended consequence.
那些让城市更健康的树木,也让人们感到生病和瘙痒。
The same trees that made cities healthier also made people sick and, ugh, itchy.
流鼻涕。
The runny nose.
听起来你就是那种人。
Sounds like you're that guy.
我就是。
I am.
这里的差距在于意图与影响之间,也就是我们所构建的东西与人们实际生活体验之间的差距。
The gap here is between intention and impact between what we build and how we actually feels to live in it.
所以这三个故事讲的都是失衡吗?
So these three stories are about imbalances then?
嗯。
Mhmm.
三种失衡,三次试图重新调整。
Three imbalances, three attempts to recalibrate.
甘吉从必要性转向怀旧,如今成为了一种重新连接真实事物的方式。
Ganji drifted from necessity to nostalgia and now becomes a way to reconnect with something real.
而书封从保护功能转向了统一的旋律式表现,现在正被重新质疑,回归简约。
And book covers shifted from protection to uniform melody performance and are now being questioned back towards simplicity.
城市绿化解决了一个问题,但又带来了另一个问题,城市正在学习如何调整。
And urban greening solved one problem but created another and cities are learning to adjust.
因此,在每种情况下,事物都从简单开始,随后演变并失去了平衡。
So in each case, something started simple and then evolved and lost its balance.
而且在
And in
每种情况下,人们也都注意到了,虽然声音不大,也不是同时发生,但足以开始推动事情回归正轨。
each case, people also noticed, not very loudly, not all at once, but enough to start nudging things back.
是的。
Yeah.
这个联系很好。
That's a good connection.
我之前没注意到这一点。
I didn't see that one.
是的。
Yeah.
确实是。
It is.
所以,这个完整的循环并不是简单地倒退,而是要记住最初的目的,同时决定哪些值得保留、哪些值得改变、哪些值得放手。
So the full circle then isn't about just going backward, it's about remembering the original purpose and also at the same time deciding what's worth keeping, what's worth changing, and what's worth letting go.
是的,因为在所有这些案例中,最初的设计方案都被遵循并取得了成功,但后来人们逐渐地,嗯。
Yeah, because in all of those cases, the original design plan was being followed and was successful, but then eventually people yeah.
你表达得非常好。
And you said that very well.
这需要时间,但人们开始意识到:这不再完全适合我们了,现在我们正在寻找不同于以往的东西。
It it took time, but people started to notice, oh, this isn't exactly working for us anymore, and now we're looking for something different from that.
是的。
Yeah.
这非常鼓舞人心。
And it's very inspiring.
我从未想到,这个线索真的会从这三个故事中浮现出来。
I never see this kind of thread really coming from this those three stories actually.
是的。
Yeah.
因为那些树。
Because the trees.
对吧?
Right?
当这些树被种植时,并不是出于恶意,想着四十五十年后会有人过敏受苦。
When the trees were planted, they weren't planted with the evil idea of people with allergies will be suffering in forty or fifty years.
是的。
Yeah.
当我们要求学生给课本包书皮时,目的也不是为了让他们遵守某些规则。
And also when we start asking students to wrap their books, textbooks in particular, it's not about teaching them to abide to certain rules.
更多的是关于责任感。
More It's about responsibility.
以及爱护自己的东西。
And just care of your things.
是的。
Yeah.
爱护你的物品,同时也只是简单地保护书皮。
Taking care of your things and also just simply protecting the book cover
是的。
Yeah.
这样它就可以被再次使用。
So that it can be used again.
但是,没错,当你最终因此受到评判时,显然这就不是最初的意图了。
But, yeah, when you end up being judged for it in the end, well, then obviously, that's not the original intent.
还有,当然,我们现在也越来越习惯高效的网购方式。
And also Ganji, of course, we now are getting used to the high efficient online shopping things.
你可以做到,也许你能在30天内收到商品。
You can do that maybe you receive your commodity within 30.
但问题是,人们可能也想要那种真实而有人情味的体验。
But the thing is that people also maybe want that kind of authentic and human touch.
我认为传统市场最好的地方在于它不需要追求极致的速度。
I think the best thing about the traditional markets is that it doesn't need to be hyper fast.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
我们现在的一切都触手可及。
We now have everything at our fingertips.
我想我曾在办公室跟玉顺说过,也许有一天在节目里也提过。
I I think I told Yushun in the office, maybe I even mentioned it on the show one day.
冬天我家里空气有点干,于是需要买几个加湿器。
I needed a couple of humidifiers for my home in the winter when I noticed the air in the house was a little bit dry.
从我产生这个想法,到加湿器送到家门口,只花了二十七分钟。
So from the moment I had that thought to the moment they were at my door was twenty seven minutes.
这就是我们获取所需物品的速度有多快。
That's how fast we can get what we want.
刷社交媒体之类的事情,就是快,快,快,快,快。
Scrolling through social media and things like that is just so fast, fast, fast, fast, fast.
这些传统市场,你去那里时可以慢慢来。
These traditional markets, you go there and you take your time.
你只是随意逛逛。
You just kind of meander around.
这是我最喜欢的词之一,‘闲逛’。
That's one of my favorite words, meander.
就慢慢地这儿走走,那儿看看,随便逛逛。
Just kinda slowly walk here and there, and whatever.
看到有趣的东西,有点饿了,就停下来吃点东西。
You see something cool, you get a little hungry, you stop and eat something.
所以我觉得这几乎像是对现代文化的反叛。
So I think it's almost like the anti modern culture
是的。
Yeah.
从某种意义上说。
In a sense.
我认为,我们提到的这些事物的初衷并不一定是坏的,实际上它们都是为了我们好。
And I think it is not necessarily that what we're mentioning the intention of all of these things, there is is not bad, and actually, they're all for our own good.
但问题是,这可能只是社会发展的必然方式。
But the thing is that maybe that is just the way that society goes.
当某些事物存在已久之后,它们会逐渐演变,演变到一定程度,也许我们又需要做出改变了。
When the things be there for a long time and then it will evolve, evolve to a degree that maybe we also need change again.
这让我想起了艺术,至少这个故事中的市场层面。
It reminds me of art too, at least the market aspect of this this story.
因为艺术中,古老的东西会再次变得新颖。
Because art, what's old becomes new again.
时尚中过时的东西会退出潮流,然后又因为怀旧而重新回归。
What's old in fashion goes out of fashion and then comes back because it becomes retro.
是的。
Yeah.
以前的市场就是老市场,后来变得不酷了,因为那里都是爷爷奶奶们去的地方。
Well, old markets were just old markets, and then they became not cool because that's where the grandmas and grandpas are.
但现在它们又变得时髦了,因为它们成了复古风。
But now they became cool again because they are retro.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以这就像一个循环。
So it's just kind of a cycle.
我想是这样的。
I suppose.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Alright.
今天你还有什么想分享的最终想法吗,玉顺?
Any final thoughts you'd like to share today, Yushun?
是的。
Yes.
所以,问题可能不在于变化本身——正如我们提到的,变化是不可避免的。
So maybe the problem isn't that things change that's inevitable, as we mentioned it.
问题在于,我们很少停下来思考:多少变化才算过多?
The problem is that we rarely stop to ask how much change is too much.
我们优化了一切。
We optimize everything.
购物变得更快了。
Shopping becomes faster.
教科书封面变得更加标准化。
Textbook covers become more standardized.
城市变得更绿色了。
Cities become greener.
从纸面上看,这一切当然都说得通。
On paper, it all makes sense, of course.
每一份方案都合乎逻辑。
Each paper is logical.
每一个决策都解决了某个问题。
Each decision solves a problem.
但生活并非纸上谈兵,因为在某个时刻,效率开始取代经验,标准开始取代意义,而解决方案开始制造新的问题。
But life isn't lived on paper because somewhere along the way, efficiency starts replacing experience, standards start replacing meaning, and solutions start creating new problems.
而我们并不会立即察觉,只有当某些事情感觉不对劲时才会意识到。
And then we don't notice it immediately only when something feels off.
当市场感觉更像一场摄影秀而非购买食物的地方,当一项简单的学校任务感觉像一场绩效评估,当春天外出散步变成一个艰难的决定时。
When a market feels more like a photo shoot than a place to buy food, when a simple school task feels like a performance review and then when stepping outside in spring feels like a hard choice to make.
这就是悖论。
And that's the paradox.
我们在构建系统方面越来越擅长,却越来越难以察觉这些系统已不再为我们服务。
We get better at building systems but worse at noticing when those systems no longer serve us.
所以,真正的能力或许不是创新,而是校准。
So maybe the real skill isn't innovation, maybe it's calibration.
知道何时该前进,何时该暂停,何时该增加,何时该减少,何时该改进,何时该顺其自然。
Knowing when to move forward and when to pause, when to add and when to take away, when to improve and when to simply leave things as they are.
我认为这个问题没有完美的答案,也许永远都不会有,但也许目标并不是追求完美,而是寻求平衡。
I don't think there is a perfect answer for that, probably never will be, but maybe the goal isn't about perfection, it's about balance.
阴。
The yin
阳。
And yang.
阳。
And yang.
你正在收听《圆桌论坛》,广告后,我们将讲述一颗中国糖果如何缔结了新的国际友谊。
You're listening to Roundtable, and when we come back, the story of how a Chinese candy created new international friendships.
寻找激情?
Looking for passion?
那激烈的辩论呢?
How about fiery debate?
想听听不同视角下的中国时事吗?
Wanna hear about current events in China from different perspectives?
那就收听《圆桌会谈》,在这里,东西方交汇,理解是我们的目标。
Then tune in to Roundtable, where East meets West and understanding is the goal.
这是《圆桌会谈》。
This is Roundtable.
我是史蒂夫,还有玉顺和菲菲。
I'm Steve with Yushun and Fei Fei.
一张皱巴巴的糖果纸,一位酒店职员真诚的请求,以及一场跨越国界的善意传递。
A crumpled candy wrapper, a hotel clerk's earnest request, and a cross border relay of kindness.
这听起来不像一部感人电影的情节,但确实像极了。
It's not the plot of a heartwarming movie, although it sounds like one.
这个真实的故事,讲述了一个中国糖果品牌如何意外地俘获了半个地球之外人们的心。
This is the real story behind how a Chinese candy brand unexpectedly captured the hearts of people halfway across the world.
在2026年初,一块这种酥脆的糖果引发了一场全球对话,将一种普通的中国小吃变成了跨文化联结的意外象征。
In early twenty twenty six, a single piece of this crispy candy sparked a global conversation turning a humble Chinese snack into an unlikely symbol of cross cultural connection.
这是一个甜蜜的故事。
This is a sweet story.
那是什么?
What is it?
其实,这件事发生在二月,当时一位中国游客住在意大利米兰的一家酒店。
Well, actually, it happened in February when a Chinese tourist staying at a hotel in Milan, Italy.
他们在退房时遇到了一个非常暖心的场景:酒店职员卡拉姆捡起了一团皱巴巴的中国脆糖包装纸,真诚地请求这位游客帮他多买一些,因为这种糖果是一位其他中国游客留给他的。
And they they had a very heartwarming encounter when checking out as the hotel clerk called Karim put out a crumpled wrapper of a Chinese crispy candy and gestured earnestly asking the tourist to buy him more because that candy comes from another Chinese tourist.
这位中国游客将这个感人的瞬间拍成视频发布到社交媒体上,这段视频很快在网络上走红。
And that this Chinese tourist shared this touching moment on video on social media, and that video quickly went viral online.
许多中国网友觉得,首先,这件事非常有趣,因为这种脆糖是一种具有仪式感的产品。
And a lot of Chinese netizens feeling that first of all, it's very funny because that piece of crispy candy is kind of a ritual product.
它过去通常只在春节期间出现,属于传统习俗的一部分。
It's used to be specifically around the Chinese New Year time and it's kind of the traditional on the traditional side.
它不是
It's not
花生糖。
The peanut candy.
对吧?
Right?
它主要由花生制成。
It is mostly made of peanut.
但它也被认为是父母或祖父母那一代人所熟悉的传统食品。
And but it's also considered what's our mother's or grandmother's generation one
人们会在春节前购买这种传统食品。
of the traditions that people will buy.
因为我们提到过,春节用品人们都会在节前购买。
Because we mentioned that spring festival goods, they will purchase before that day.
所以这种东西通常会摆在桌上,分给家里的孩子们。
So that's kind of the thing that you will always put on table and given to the children in the family.
那么,为什么酒店职员会有一块这种糖果的包装纸呢?他为什么会有这个包装纸?
So the why did that hotel clerk have a piece of did he why did he have that candy wrapper in his possession in the first place?
实际上,这件事可以追溯到今年年初的一月份。
Well, that got traced back to early on January that this year, actually.
当时,一位中国商务旅客发现自己的行李超重了,于是随手把整包脆糖送给了卡里姆。
It happened when a Chinese business traveler, he found out that his luggage got overweight, so he just casually give this whole pack of crispy candy to Karim.
卡里姆很快就爱上了这种香甜酥脆的零食,开始向每一位中国游客询问这是什么、哪里能买到、能不能再弄一些。
And then Karim fell in love quickly with that sweet crispy treat, And then that got him asking every Chinese tourist about what is it and where can I get it and can I get more?
他太喜欢这种糖了,甚至把包装纸抚平了。
He loved the candy so much that he actually smoothed out the wrapper Mhmm.
他把包装纸放在自己的名牌里,甚至主动提出愿意付费,请人们下次从中国来的时候帮他带一些。
And he kept it inside his name tag and he would even offer to pay for the candy when asking people like, hey, can you bring some more of this the next time that you come from China?
这件事被传到了网上,迅速走红。
So this got put onto the Internet, and it went absolutely viral.
是的。
Yeah.
结果,我觉得这不仅非常甜蜜,也为酒店和糖果品牌做了极好的宣传。
And the result, I think it is also really sweet and as well as a very good advertisement for both the hotel and the candy brand.
关键是,卡里姆从其他中国游客和访客那里收到了很多糖果,当然,这家酒店也因此变得非常有名。
The thing is that this Kareem is getting a lot of candies from other Chinese tourists and visit visitors, of course, and then the hotel got really famous.
所以很多游客都会专程去那里预订酒店。
So a lot of tourists will go that place and book the hotel.
在抖音上,这条帖子获得了870万次播放,而酒店前台的员工卡里姆也成了网络红人。
On Douyin, this that post accumulated 8,700,000 views, and Karim, the employee from the the desk clerk from the hotel became something of an Internet celebrity Yeah.
在中国。
Here in China.
是的。
Yeah.
这家酒店之所以出名,是因为卡里姆太喜欢这种糖果了,人们开始纷纷谈论它。
The hotel became famous because Korean loved this candy so much that people started talking about it.
他们开始说,哦,如果我们去米兰,即使不住这家酒店,至少也要去打卡一次。
They started saying, oh, when we go to Milan, if we're not staying at that hotel, at least we have to stop by Yeah.
去看看吧。
Check it out.
给卡里姆一些这种糖果。
To give Karim some of this candy.
这是一个不可思议的故事。
It's an incredible story.
而且这还没完。
And then it doesn't even stop there.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,糖果品牌本身也邀请卡里姆去他们在东莞的糖果工厂参观,简直难以置信。
And also the brand, the candy brand itself also invited Kareem to visit their candy factory in Dongguan Unbelievable.
省。
Province.
是的。
Yeah.
还承诺送他更多糖果,并邀请他前往。
And also promised him with more candy and inviting him on.
我想我还在直播中见过他。
I think I also saw him on a livestream.
实际上。
Actually.
是的。
Yeah.
我见过卡里姆。
I saw Kareem.
我认为卡里姆这个月晚些时候或四月份会来中国。
I think Kareem is visiting China either later this month or in April.
今天早上我一直在新闻标题里找相关信息,因为我搞不清楚他到底是来过又走了,还是因为工作安排拒绝了邀请。
I was trying to find it in the headlines this morning because I couldn't I couldn't figure out whether he was here and gone or whether he didn't accept the invitation because of his work schedule or something like that.
但他确实会来。
But he is.
他可能在月底过来。
He's coming at the end of the month, maybe.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我在网上看过一段关于他的视频,你知道,他说他要去中国。
I saw a video online about him, you know, he him saying that I'm going to China.
我要去东莞。
I'm visiting Dongguan.
我要去那家糖果厂,买更多那种脆花生糖。
I'm visiting that candy factory and got more candy, that crispy peanut candy.
所以,这就是为什么,我想说,这个故事在我们之间变得如此出人意料。
And so that's how, you know, unexpected, I would say, this story rattled between us.
出人意料的故事,甜蜜的故事,但我得说,卡里姆,注意你的血压。
Unexpected story, sweet story, but I have to say, Karim, be careful about your blood pressure.
我是说,血糖。
I mean, blood sugar.
哦,是因为糖果
Oh, because of the candy
它非常非常甜。
It's very, very sweet.
是的。
Yeah.
这不是西兰花。
It's not broccoli.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
他的酒店,他一定是年度最佳员工。
His hotel, he must be employee of the year.
当然。
Definitely.
嗯嗯。
Mhmm.
这家酒店现在可能是米兰最著名的酒店了,至少在这一点上是这样。
This hotel might be the most famous hotel in Milan now, at least
在中国。
In China.
在中国,确实会这样。
In China, it would be.
对吧?
Right?
而且我也因为那块脆脆的糖果买了它,我已经很久没吃过了。
And also, I got this because that piece of crispy candy is so like I haven't tried it in so long.
这让我对它产生了好奇,也勾起了我的回忆。
Also got me curious about it and got me, you know, nostalgic
国内销量也可能随之增加。
about Domestic sales might increase as well.
是的。
Yeah.
你觉得这类故事只是可爱而已,还是认为它们真的有重要意义?
Do you think these types of stories are just cute or do you think that these types of stories are important at all?
首先,我觉得这种中国小吃在另一种文化、另一种口味中如此受欢迎,这真的很出人意料。
Well, I think of first of all is how unexpected Chinese this kind of Chinese snacks are so popular to another culture, to another, you know, palette.
因为对我们来说,我当然喜欢这种脆脆的糖果。
Because for us, I love this type of crispy candy for sure.
但随着时间推移,我发现它一方面在市场上已经不再那么流行了。
But over time, I found it's just for one, it's not, you know, popular anymore on the market.
另一方面,它的甜度有点过高,太甜了。
And for two, it's just on some level a bit too sweet on the too sweeter side.
我觉得这不仅仅关乎糖果本身。
I I think it goes beyond the candy.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我认为这展现了一个充满温情的软实力时刻。
I think that this shows this is kind of a soft power beautiful moment.
因为这展示了中国网民和中国旅行者有多么友善、有趣和可爱。
Because this shows how kind and fun and cute Chinese netizens can be, how kind Chinese travelers can be.
这个故事本该出现在意大利的媒体上。
This is a story that would be in the Italian media.
我肯定他们在电视上播过。
I'm certain it's on TV there.
对吧?
Right?
这在两国文化之间营造了一种温暖的纽带,对米兰来说也是件好事,因为现在人们会以积极的眼光看待这个地方。
And this just creates this warm bond, I think, between the two cultures and the two countries and it's a great play it's a great thing for Milan too because now people are gonna see that positively as a place to go to.
好的。
Alright.
今天我们只能说到这里了。
We are going to have to leave it there for today.
今天圆桌讨论的时间就到这里了。
That's all the time we have for today's roundtable.
我是Steve,代表Yushun和Fei Fei。
I'm Steve for Yushun and Fei Fei.
衷心感谢你们。
We thank you kindly.
祝你们度过愉快的时光,欢迎再次回来。
Enjoy your time and come back again.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。