本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
讨论让世界持续运转。
Discussion keeps the world turning.
这是圆桌论坛。
This is Roundtable.
您正在收听圆桌论坛。
You're listening to Roundtable.
今天我和玉山、费费一起主持,我是史蒂夫·哈瑟利。
I'm Steve Hatherley today with Yushan and Fei Fei.
接下来是。
Coming up.
对于许多中国老年人来说,追求高品质生活如今已具有全球维度。
For many older Chinese citizens, the pursuit of a quality life now has a global dimension.
在物质舒适之外,还有一种更深层的渴望——持续成长与自我探索,这促使越来越多的人踏上海外求学之路。
Beyond the pursuit of material comfort lies a deeper desire for continued growth and self discovery leading an increasing number to embark on educational journeys abroad.
挺酷的。
Pretty cool.
这些让老年人通过语言和艺术体验新文化的沉浸式经历正变得越来越流行。
These immersive experiences where seniors engage with new cultures through language and art are becoming more and more popular.
今天我们来了解一下。
We'll learn about it today.
我们的播客听众可以在苹果播客上搜索《Roundtable China》找到我们,也别忘了我们非常期待您的来信。
Our podcast listeners can find us at Roundtable China on Apple Podcasts, and don't forget that we love to hear from you too.
欢迎随时与我们分享您的想法。
So send your thoughts our way.
邮箱地址是:roundtablepodcast@qq.com。
Roundtablepodcast@qq.com.
再次提醒,邮箱地址是:roundtablepodcast@qq.com。
Once again, roundtablepodcast@qq.com.
接下来,聊聊退休生活。
And now, retirement.
对许多人来说,退休长期以来意味着照顾孙辈、晚上跳跳广场舞、参加社区老年课程,生活范围局限于家周围几公里内的可预测日常。
For many, it's long been associated with a life of looking after their grandkids, maybe some square dancing in the evenings and attending local senior classes, a predictable routine confined to a few kilometers within your house.
但最近在中国,越来越多的退休人员正在打破这种刻板印象。
But lately in China, a growing number of retirees are shattering that stereotype.
他们放弃了熟悉的舒适生活,选择去海外求学的冒险旅程。
They're trading familiar comfort for the adventure of studying overseas.
从英国的艺术课程到法国的烹饪课程,这些白发学子不仅在旅行,更在开启一段自我发现与终身学习的旅程。
From art classes in The UK to culinary courses in France, these silver haired learners are not just traveling, they're embarking on a journey of self discovery and lifelong learning.
这是一个日益增长的趋势。
It is a growing trend.
留学行业如何调整自身,以适应这一意想不到的新学习群体呢?
How is the study abroad industry adapting to cater though to this unexpected new group of learners?
它们有在这样做吗?
Are they at all?
我们将会讨论这个问题。
We're gonna talk about that.
这是否反映了中国老龄化人口的需求,以及他们所说的‘优质生活’究竟是什么?
And does it say anything about China's aging population and what they want when they say quality life?
这个故事对我来说非常有趣。
This is a really fun and interesting story to me.
那么,这一切是从哪里开始的呢?
So where does this begin?
这可以追溯到,并不是2026年才突然出现的。
It goes back it's not brand brand new in 2026.
我觉得大概是一年前左右吧?
I I think it goes back about a year or so?
是的。
Yeah.
从去年2025年开始,许多机构已经开始关注这些银发学习者。
Since twenty twenty five of last year, there have been a lot of in particular, agencies have been starting to exploring these silver haired learners.
于是他们推出了大量针对退休人员的服务、旅行团和学习小组,而不是像传统观念那样只面向15到35岁的年轻人。
So they launched a lot of services and tours and study clubs targeting these retirees instead of, you know, traditionally the stereotype would be young people aged between 15 to 35.
对。
Yeah.
那是出国留学的典型年龄。
That's the kind of age for study abroad.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
现在,对于50岁甚至60岁以上的人群,他们也想出国探索,看看自己是否有机会被这类大学或课程录取。
Now for people aged above six 50 or even sixties, they also want to explore overseas and see if there is a chance for them to be enrolled in this type of a university or any classes.
我们说的不是为期一周的短期课程。
We're not talking about a week time of short time classes.
他们可能会停留数月,甚至更长时间。
They could be staying for several months or even longer than that.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这是一个正在增长的趋势,因为在2025年有一项调查。
And this is a growing trend because in 2025, there is a survey.
他们发现,这些针对老年人的学习项目时长从两周到一年不等。
They found that these study programs for these elderly range from two weeks to a year.
费用在2万到7万元之间,约合1万美元,还不包括旅行费用。
They cost between 20,000 to 70,000 yuan, which is about up to 10,000 US dollars, and not including travel as well.
哦,这仅仅是课程费用。
And Oh, that's just for the classes.
是的。
Yeah.
只是课程费用。
Just for the classes.
一家名为EF的机构估计,到2030年,老年教育市场可能达到1.2万亿元人民币。
And an agency called EF estimates that by the year 2030, these senior education market could reach 1,200,000,000,000.0 yuan.
所以我们谈论的是一种商业趋势,而且
So we're talking about a business trend And as
这些机构正在积极研究这些新的客户群体,他们称之为具有经济实力且强烈学习意愿的退休人群,认为他们正从潜在的年轻客户群演变为关键目标群体。
these agencies, they are actively kind of studying these new they call it the customer segments featuring retirees with financial stability and also a strong desire to learn that they see them as evolving from potential customer bases, the young people into a key target group.
因此,一家名为ACG的教育机构在2025年春节后推出了退休人员海外研修俱乐部。
So one of these agencies called ACG, which is an education educational agency, it launched its retirement study abroad club after the twenty twenty five spring festival.
这家机构的创始人名叫李子文,她本人是一位拥有国际学习经历的退休人士。
So the founder of this one called Ziwen Lee, who is by her herself a retiree with international study experiences.
这个俱乐部源于她对银发学习者未被满足需求的深刻洞察。
This one, they the club stems from her own insight into the unmet needs of silver haired learners.
李女士表示,中国的国内大学或许在为退休人员提供重返校园的系统性渠道方面还略有不足。
So miss Zi said that Chinese universities, the domestic ones, they perhaps lack lack a little bit of systematic channels for retirees to return back to campus.
而目前大多数留学机构主要面向年轻人,这完全可以理解。
And most study abroad agencies focus on young people nowadays, which is quite understandable.
这多年来一直是中国的主流趋势。
That's been the mainstream trend in China for for many years.
是的。
Mhmm.
因此,ACG俱乐部至今已在全国吸引超过五万名成员,并帮助五百名学习者成功入读世界各地的大学。
So this club, ACG, has since attracted over 50,000 members nationwide and helped 500 learners to enroll in universities around the world.
所以这就是这个项目正在发生的事情。
So that's something that's going on with this one.
另一个叫新东方未来留学的机构,也在2025年推出了郁金香项目,这也是一个
Then another one called New Oriental Future Study Abroad, they also rolled out the Tulip program in the 2025, which is also a
专为成熟群体——即退休人群——设计的海外学习项目。
program dedicated to overseas learning projects for mature groups, meaning the retiree group.
特别是这个项目,主要面向许多希望获得深度体验而非学术学位的退休人士,这完全可以理解。
So this program in particular, they are offering to some of a lot of DC retirees that seek in-depth experiences rather than academic degrees, which is understandable.
想想也是。
Think Yeah.
当你在五六十岁退休后,是否拥有硕士或博士学位其实已经不那么重要了。
When you after you retired in the age of fifties or sixties, it doesn't really matter if you have a master or doctor degree.
更重要的是你自己真正学到的经历和东西。
It's more about the experiences or things you actually learn for yourself.
对。
Yeah.
当你把它和普通大学以及年轻人上大学的目的相比时,确实是为了获得学位。
When you compare it to typical university and what young people go to university for, yeah, it's degree acquisition.
但当你年长并已经退休后,你已经走完了整个职业生涯,却仍然想学习一些东西,就会回到那些过去一直想学却从未有机会去做的事上。
But when you're older and you've retired already, you've already gone through your entire career, but you still wanna learn some stuff, you go back to the stuff that you wanted to learn before but never had the opportunity to do.
是的。
Yeah.
我有一个例子,叫李连如。
And I have this example called Li Lianru.
她66岁,和来自中国各地的20多位学员一起参加了英国为期四周的艺术课程。
She is 66 years old and she joined more than 20 fellow students from across China for a four week art program university in The UK.
她说,与其只是旅行、匆匆一瞥、拍几张照片然后前往下一个景点这种旅游方式。
So what she said is that instead of just traveling, you know, just glimpsing, taking photos and then leave to the next stop type of tour.
这也很棒。
Which is also great.
是的。
Yeah.
但这类学习体验在学习上可能非常密集。
But these kind of study experiences can be highly intensive in learning.
她尝试了四个专业。
The she tried four majors.
你可以看到她在学习上多么积极。
You can see how active she is in learning.
她尝试了时装设计。
She tried fashion design.
她还尝试了版画、珠宝制作和摄影。
She tried printmaking, jewelry making and photography.
课后,她有机会和同学们一起探索英国,并结识了其他热爱艺术的新朋友。
And then after class, she get the chance to explore The UK with her classmates and also make new friends, who share her passion for art.
回国后,她甚至开始做直播,向其他人推广这种新生活方式。
And then even she start a livestream after returning to China to promote this new lifestyle to others.
这太棒了。
That's amazing.
我的意思是,没有压力。
I mean, there's no pressure.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
年轻学生有取得高分的压力,但在这里,你想要的不是第一名,而是学习。
Young students have the pressure of getting a high score, but here, you want number one, you want to learn.
你只想置身其中。
You want to be there.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以你是个很有动力的学生。
So you're a highly motivated student.
但第二点,我甚至不知道这类项目是否会评分,因为这不像你在为某个特定学位而学习。
But number two, I don't even know if they give out scores in these types of programs because it's not like you're studying for any particular degree.
是的。
Yeah.
而且就像我提到的李莲舞的例子,她在四周内换了四次专业。
And also, you can as the case that I talked about, Li Lianwu, she can change her majors four times over the course of four weeks.
所以我们看到,这里更看重的是经历而非分数,嗯。
So we can see it's more about experiences other than scores Mhmm.
或者证书。
Or certificates.
或者也许她根本没打算把从时尚设计或珠宝制作中学到的技能派上用场。
Or maybe she doesn't really plan to do anything in terms of, you know, the skills she learned from fashion design or jewelry making.
她可能并不会成为一位时尚设计师。
She's may probably may not be turned into a fashion designer.
短期内不会,不会。
Anytime soon, no.
是的。
Yeah.
但它
But it
会是做一些毫无兴趣的事情
will be With something no desire to do
反正就是这样。
that anyway.
这才是学习的理想状态,我
That's the ideal case for learning, I
会的。
would Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
没有所有这些压力。
Without all that pressure.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得这完全说得通,因为就在节目开始前,我刚和费费分享过,我当年在英国读硕士的时候,我主修的是翻译与文化——顺便说一下。
I think it totally makes sense because I was just sharing with Fei Fei right before the show that back in the days while I was doing my Master's in The UK, the majority of the class I major in translation and culture, by the way.
我们班的大多数学生都是三十岁,甚至四十岁。
The majority of our class were all 30, if not 40 years old.
然后有两位女士,一位来自俄罗斯。
Then there were two ladies, one from Russia.
另一位我记不清她来自哪里了,但她们两位都年过五十,甚至六十岁了。
The other one, I can't remember where she's from, but both of them are above their fifties, if not sixties.
当你看到年轻的学生们在小组活动和任务中聚在一起时,这些女士有时会觉得自己不属于任何一组。
And when you see young younger students hang around in group activities and group tasks, these ladies sometimes they feel as if they don't belong with any of the groups.
但与此同时,她们也积极努力地参与我们所有的活动和任务。
But in the meantime, they also try actively hard to engage with whatever activity and assignments assigned to us.
她们和我们其他人一样,怀有同样的热情,认真完成硕士课程中的每一个步骤——每一次测验、每一次考试、每一篇论文,以及最终的毕业论文,她们都像我们这些年轻学生一样专注。
And and they they have the same passion shared with the rest of us and finishing each and every step during that one year of master program, each quiz, each exam, each essay or the dissertation in the final stage, they were just so focused in each and every one of these, just like the rest of us younger students.
当然。
Sure.
她们就是为了获得硕士学位而来的。
They they were there getting their master's degree.
是的。
Yeah.
那是一个认真的硕士学位。
Was a serious master degree.
但我提到这一点,是因为这对她们来说真的很难,因为她们之所以在那里,是因为她们长期以来都想成为一名翻译,但或许在整个职业生涯中都没能实现这个愿望。
But the point of me mentioning this is because it's really hard for for them because they were there because they want to become a translator for so long, but they don't get to do it perhaps during their entire career.
我认识那位俄罗斯女士,她原本是金融背景。
One of the Russian lady I know, she comes from finance background.
所以她只是想在退休后、孩子上大学后,做一件自己真正喜欢的事。
So she just want to do something she like after retired and after her her kids are in university.
所以这就是她报名参加这个项目的原因。
So that's why she became enrolled as part of this program.
但我认为这并不适合每个人。
But I guess it's not for everybody.
对大多数情况而言,比如今天的中国退休人员,他们只是寻求一种沉浸式的体验,而不是需要花整整一年时间专注完成的长期项目。
For the majority, such as today's Chinese retirees, they're just looking for immersive experience rather than a whole long project that have that require one year for them to just focus on.
所以这类项目正变得越来越流行。
So these are becoming more and more popular.
费费,你说过时间会有些不同,我想这么说公平吗:中介机构正在根据他们的客户群体进行调整?
And you said, Fei Fei, that the times can vary a little bit because I guess the agencies is this fair to say the agencies are adjusting to their customer base?
而他们的客户群体可能只需要几周时间。
And their customer base, they might want a few weeks.
他们也可能想要几个月的时间。
They might want a few months.
所以我想会有一些不同的选择可供选择。
So I guess there would be some different options available.
是的。
Yes.
因此,大多数退休人员更喜欢选择短期学习项目,正如我之前提到的,时长为两周到四周。
So most retirees like to choose short study programs lasting, as I mentioned before, from two weeks to four.
根据这家新的东方公司所说,玉山提到的TULI项目中,超过95%的参与者选择深度学习体验,而非长期学习项目。
And according to this new oriental company, their TULI program that Yushan talked about, over 95% of their participants opt for in-depth study experiences rather than long term study programs.
所以,我认为这对许多不同的项目来说都是如此。
So then, and I think this is true for a lot of different programs.
我所查看的那些项目,我过几分钟就分享给你。
The ones I was looking at too, I'll share those in a couple of minutes.
我所查看的那些项目,如果你参加两周的项目,会非常紧凑,实际上你在课堂之外几乎没有太多时间进行自我探索。
The ones I was looking at, if you take a two week program, it's very intensive, and actually, you don't have a whole lot of time for self discovery outside of the class, for example.
但如果你参加四周的项目,节奏就会稍微轻松一些。
But if you take a four week program, it's a little bit more relaxed.
你花
You spend
是的,拉伸一下
Yeah, Stretches out a
稍微放松一点。
little bit.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
所以你的学习日程被分成了更小的片段,我想。
So your day of learning is broken down into smaller chunks, I suppose.
但参加这个特定项目的人说,他们想直接投入进去,
But the people with that particular program, they said they wanna go and just dive straight in,
是的。
Yeah.
我认为这也取决于你参加这类项目的目标。
I think it also depends on the goals of you getting enrolled in this kind of programs.
如果你真的想学习某样东西、掌握某种技能,那这源于真正的热情,就像玉山分享的那两位想成为翻译的女士一样。
If you're really after learning about something, attaining some sort of skills, well, this comes from true passion like Yushan shared about those two ladies wanting to be translator.
当然,她们会选择更密集的课程设计和更多的学习。
And of course, they will choose more intense curriculum design and more study.
但当你只是想着,嗯,我想试试看,稍微了解一下当地文化,结交一些新朋友,她们可能会花更多时间,对课程的选择也更放松。
But when you are just thinking about, you know, I just want to give it a try, maybe explore the local culture a little bit, making some new friends, They could be up to spend more time and more relaxed when it comes to what kind of classes they're in.
语言并不是,语言是旅行者或学生——我不知道该叫他们什么,旅行学生——他们想学习的其中一件事,但语言技能并不一定是必需的。
Language is not and language is is one of the things that some of the travelers or students, I don't know what to call them, traveling students, one of the things that they want to study, but language skills are not necessarily required.
在你提到的另一个例子中,玉山的ACG项目,每班大约有15名学生,但教室里有全职翻译。
In the other example you were talking about, the ACG program, Yushan, so they have about 15 students per class, but they have full time translators in the room.
这真不错。
That's really nice.
是的。
Yeah.
还有教学助理。
And teaching assistants too.
如果你的语言能力不够好,无论你是在法国、意大利还是其他地方,都没关系。
If your language skills aren't up to snuff, if you're in France or Italy or where have you, doesn't matter.
那里会有人为你提供翻译,这太棒了。
They have a translator there for you, which is amazing.
所以这也减轻了压力。
So that takes the pressure off too.
是的。
Yeah.
这还让这些旅行学生获得了完全沉浸在知识中的体验,并帮助他们建立自信,实现个人成长,意识到生活本可以如此。
And this also gains these traveling students a whole experience of just getting immersed in knowledge and also the bringing them the confidence and personal growth for them to realize this is how life can be.
我退休后也可以继续学习。
I can continue learning after retired.
这并不意味着我只能待在家里照顾孩子,这引出了我一个很大的观点——我并不想称之为争议。
It's not like I'm just staying at home and taking care of kids, which brings to one of my big, I wouldn't say controversy.
当我第一次看到这个话题时,我更想提出一个问题。
It's more like a question I have regarding this topic when I first see it.
这并不是说我们在谈论这件事是因为它在中国各地都在发生。
It's not like we're talking about it because it's happening all over China.
嗯,确实在发生。
Well, it is happening.
这显然是一个正在增长的趋势,但并不是每个中国家庭、每个中国退休人员都在这么做,因为
It's a growing trend apparently, but it's not like every Chinese family, every Chinese retiree is doing this because
是的。
Well, yeah.
这并不便宜。
It's not cheap.
对。
Right.
正是如此。
Precisely.
而且,大多数我们这些退休人士、五十岁或六十岁以上的银发经济受益者,仍然留在中国,享受着他们日常的国内生活。
And also, the majority of us, of the retired and over fifty and sixty silver haired economy recipient parts, they are still, you know, staying in China and they're still enjoying the domestic life as they do.
我们并不是想说,突然间所有中国退休人员都在这么做。
It's not like we're trying to say that this is all of a sudden, all of Chinese retirees are doing this.
与此同时,我几乎觉得,我们是不是也在向他们推广这种想法?
And in the meantime, I almost feel like, are we trying to promote this idea to them as well?
或者,你们怎么看?
Or like, how do you guys see?
我觉得这更多是关于为未来打开更多可能性。
Well, I think it's more about opening up the possibilities in the future.
对。
Right.
如果你有经济能力负担得起,并且真的渴望探索更广阔的世界,而不满足于只待在自己的社区、城市,甚至本国范围内。
Like, if you have the financial capabilities to afford that and you feel like you really want to explore more about the world, you are not really satisfied with just staying in your own community, your own city, or even within your own country.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你想去了解其他文化,结识新朋友,也许还能和说不同语言的人交朋友。
You want to see other cultures, meet new friends, maybe speaking a different language friend.
这会是一种可能,你知道的,一种可能性。
These would be a pop pop, you know, possibility.
而且有各种渠道可以帮助你实现这一点。
And there are channels for you to get this thing done.
是的。
Yeah.
我明白了这个商业模式。
I see the business model
确实如此。
quite Yeah.
复杂的,你知道,当我们谈论人的时候,人是不同的。
Sophisticated You know, when we're talking about people, people are different.
有些人更富有冒险精神。
Some of them are more adventurous.
有些人则比较安静,喜欢待在自己的舒适区,这没什么不对。
Some of them are just quieter and like to stay within their comfort zone, and there is nothing wrong with that.
但对于那些寻求冒险、希望看到更多、体验更多的人来说,这就是途径。
But for people who look for adventures and want to see more, experience more, this is the channel
是的。
Yeah.
你可以获得的。
The that you can get.
这个选择是存在的。
The option is there.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,我觉得这是件好事,因为确实如此。
You know, and I I think it's a good thing because yeah.
当然,有人会说,这不适合每个人,因为不是每个人都能负担得起。
Of course, the argument would be, well, this is not for everyone because not everyone would be able to afford this.
当然。
Sure.
这些项目真的非常昂贵。
These programs are really, really expensive.
我找到的那些来自美国的项目,其实美国也有类似的。
The ones that I found from America were real they have these in The States too, by way.
而且它们也非常昂贵。
Also, they're very expensive.
比如巴塞罗那的艺术和建筑课程。
For example, art and architecture in Barcelona.
你可以在那里参加为期两周或四周的课程。
You can take a two or four week course there.
你也可以在印度尼西亚的巴厘岛参加健康养生课程。
You can take a wellness course in Bali in Indonesia.
这挺酷的。
That's pretty cool.
同样是两周或四周。
Again, two or four weeks.
另一个让我印象深刻的是墨西哥城的美食。
Another one that that stood out was cuisine in Mexico City.
同样是两到四周,但这些课程要花费数千美元。
Again, two or four weeks, but these are thousands of dollars.
成千上万的美元。
Thousands and thousands of dollars.
所以,是的,这并不便宜。
So, yeah, it's not cheap.
但我认为确实如此,当人们退休后,有些人非常满足,就像你说的,Fei Fei,他们很满足,待在社区里或国内,打打高尔夫,或者做任何自己喜欢的爱好。
But I think it's true too that people, when they retire, some people are very content, like you said, Fei Fei, very content, you know, staying within the community or staying within the country and playing golf or whatever your hobbies happen to be.
但对于那些想追求这种生活方式的人来说,有这样的选择,而且这些公司正在为退休人群提供这些服务——而这类项目以前根本不存在,我觉得这挺了不起的。
But for other people who want to pursue this, the the fact that the option is there and the fact that these companies are catering to these retirees when these programs wouldn't have even existed before, I think it's kind of a cool thing.
是的。
Yeah.
这说得通。
Well, that makes sense.
我记得我爸爸退休的时候。
I remember when my dad retired.
我爸爸当了三十四年的教师。
My dad was a school teacher for thirty four years.
是的。
Yeah.
从未缺过勤。
Never missed work.
他从没请过一天假,非常热爱他的工作。那是他退休后的第一个夏天,我来到我们的小屋或海边别墅,走到前院,问他:‘爸爸,你在干什么?’
Never missed a day of work and really really loved his career and we were it was his first summer of retirement and I came out onto we were at our cottage or the beach house and I came out into the front area and I said, what are you doing dad?
他正趴在地上。
And he was on his hands and knees.
他说:‘哦,我在给花盆底下装轮子。’
He said, oh, I'm putting wheels on the bottom of the plants.
我问:‘为什么?’
I said, why?
为什么?
Why?
他说:‘我通常得弯腰去拿起植物,再放下去。’
And he said, well, I usually have to bend over to pick up the plant and carry it and put it down.
现在我只要踢一下就行了。
Now I can just kick it.
天啊,你得找点爱好。
Goodness, you need a hobby.
那就是他的爱好。
That's his hobby.
你得找点爱好,伙计。
You need a hobby, buddy.
这是个实用的爱好。
That's a practical hobby.
给植物装轮子。
Putting wheels on plan.
但我爸爸就是那种人,你知道的,我父母每年都会去佛罗里达待几个月。
But my dad is one of those people, you know, my parents would go to Florida for a few months every year.
但他就是那种人。
But he's one of those people.
他不会对一个为期四周的巴塞罗那建筑课程感兴趣。
He wouldn't be interested in a Barcelona architecture course for four weeks.
你根本说不动他去那里。
You couldn't convince him to go to that.
但确实有人对这种类型
But there are people who are into that type
的东西感兴趣。
of thing.
我父母就是这样的。
That's my parents, actually.
哦,是吗?
Oh, yeah?
我妈妈退休后,一直在找各种旅游团。
My mom, after she retired, she's just looking for tours all the time.
每年,每隔几个月,她就会给我打电话,说下个月要去某个国家。
Every year, every couple of few months, she'll call me and like, I'm going to this this country next month.
我就说,好的。
And I'm like, okay.
真不错。
Good for you.
但你难道不觉得旅行太多可能会很累吗?因为你参加旅游团,一天之内要跑四个地方。
But don't you feel like don't don't you feel like traveling too much maybe can be really tired because you join a tour group and it travel for like four spots within a day.
但她真的非常享受这个过程。
But she really, really enjoyed it.
因为她之前退休时,去别的地方不是出差,就是和家人一起,
Because she said either before her retire she retired, when she go to a when she went to another destination, it's either for business or with a group of family.
她得照顾他们。
She'll she need to take care of them.
现在,她终于可以卸下负担,专心欣赏建筑,聆听当地人聊天,即使她听不懂他们在说什么。
And now, she can really took the burden off and she can really spend time looking at the architecture, listening to local people chatting even though she may not understand them.
嗯。
Mhmm.
比如品尝当地美食,她去意大利时,尽管完全不会意大利语,也试着自己点咖啡,她的英语
Enjoying the local cuisine for example, when she traveled to Italy, she tried to order a coffee by herself even though she speak no Italian at all and her English
那后来怎么样?
How how did that go?
结果非常好。
It's it turned out really great.
是的。
Yeah.
因为每个人看到她如此努力地想弄清楚自己想喝哪种咖啡时,都特别友善。
Because everybody's really friendly when seeing her trying very hard and trying to figure out what kind of coffee she want to enjoy.
这为她打开了一扇全新的窗户。
And that really opened up a new window for her.
她刚开始旅行时真的很害怕,因为你会想,哦,这是个不同的国家。
She was really intimidated when about traveling because you're like, oh, it's a different country.
不同的文化。
It's a different culture.
不同的语言。
It's a different language.
一套完全不同的体系。
It's a whole different system.
真的让人害怕。
Really intimidating.
是的。
Yeah.
如果我迷路了怎么办?
What if I get lost?
嗯。
Mhmm.
我该向谁求助呢?
Who should I turn to for help?
我不懂那里的语言,感觉那是一次非常可怕的经历,但她现在变得更勇敢了。
I didn't speak the language and it just feels like very scary experience, but now she's more brave.
我认为对于很多还在犹豫是否该走出去的人而言。
And I think for a lot of people who are sort of on the fence of, should I go out?
我该留在舒适区吗?
Should I just stay in my comfort zone?
这里是你真正可以稍微尝试一下的地方。
This is the place that you can really just try a little bit.
待两周,也许对你来说就足够了。
For two weeks, maybe it's fine for you.
是的。
Yeah.
我也同意这一点。
I I agree with that too.
我的意思是,对我来说,去一个新国家旅行从来都不是可怕或令人畏惧的事。
I mean, for me, the idea of traveling to a new country was never scary or intimidating.
而任何新事物、迷路或听不懂别人说的话,都只会让我感到好奇。
And the idea that something might be new or I might get lost or I might not understand what words are being spoken to me always made me feel curious.
并不是每个人都这样想。
Not everybody feels like that.
我记得在我搬去韩国之前,就在搬走前,我妈妈往我的行李箱里塞了大约40盒牙膏。
I remember before I moved to Korea, right before I moved, my mom put about 40 boxes of toothpaste in my suitcase.
我说,你在干什么?
I said, what are you doing?
她回答说,嗯,我说,妈妈,韩国人也是刷牙的。
And she said, well, I I said, mom, Korean people brush their teeth.
我很有把握。
I'm pretty sure.
她却说,我不确定那里能不能买到这个牌子。
And she's like, well, I don't know if you can get this brand there.
我爸爸正在给植物装轮子。
And my dad's out putting wheels on the plants.
所以我当时就说,但那就是我想表达的意思。
And so I was like but but the but that's what I mean.
对于很多人来说,一个遥远的国家,有着陌生的食物和语言,确实令人害怕。
The concept of, like, a country that's very far away with foods that are unfamiliar or languages that are unfamiliar is really scary for a lot of people.
所以回到这个话题,如果教室里能有翻译,如果有向导帮助人们适应这种体验,我觉得这真是太棒了,这正是我想说的。
So coming back to this topic, if there can be translators in the classrooms, if there can be guides that are there to help with the experience, I think this is just a wonder such a wonderful thing and I don't this is what I mean.
当然,对于参与这些项目的人来说,这非常美好。
Of course, it's wonderful for the individuals that are taking part in these programs
嗯。
Mhmm.
但我认为更重要的是,这些个体回到中国后,能与他人分享他们积极的经历,告诉大家:其实走出去、挑战自己、尝试新事物,并没有你想象的那么可怕。
But I think it's more important for those individuals to come back to China and share their hopefully positive experiences with other people and say, actually, you know, getting out there and, like, challenging yourself and trying new things is not as terrifying as you think it is.
是的。
Yeah.
在你的大脑里,这比你实际经历的要糟糕一百倍。
In your brain, it's a 100 times worse than what you actually experienced.
这时候,我建议费费的妈妈买一个翻译耳塞。
And this is the time when I recommend to Fei Fei's mom a translation earbud.
是的。
Yeah.
真的神奇有效。
Really works magically.
它有点
It kind
不过,我们这个时代的人确实太被宠坏了。
of you know, we're getting so spoiled these days though.
我觉得这使得事情变得太容易了。
It's just making things a little bit too easy, I feel.
对。
Yeah.
但你知道,科技确实能提供帮助。
But, you know, technology do can help.
你知道吗,就在十年前甚至更早,你去一个不同的国家,必须确保手机上的所有功能都能正常工作,或者需要提前预订一个数字翻译器。
You know, imagine about ten five years ago even, you go to a different country, you need to make sure everything is working on my phone or I need to, you know, place an order for a digital translator.
否则,如果我需要帮助,比如医疗帮助,我就能获得支持。
Otherwise, if I need help, for example, medical help, I can get things
确实如此。
That's true.
确实如此。
That's true.
非常正确。
That's very true.
这是一个重要的观点。
That's an important point.
安全第一。
Safety first.
好的。
Alright.
那么这个市场将走向何方呢?
So where is this market heading then?
显然,为一些特别的体验提供了巨大机会。
Obviously, the opportunity exists for for some really special experiences.
他们预计未来市场会增长吗?
Are they expecting the market to grow in the future?
市场会变大吗?
Is it gonna get bigger?
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
Definitely.
这些机构正在关注这一群体巨大的市场潜力。
These agencies, they're looking at these huge market potential for this group.
因此,新东方未来留学的总裁指出,中国每年约有两千万人退休。
So the president of the new Oriental Future Study Abroad pointed out that about twenty million people retire in China every year.
即使只有其中1%的人有留学需求,也会为这些机构形成一个巨大的市场,并为这些退休人员带来良好的机会。
And even if only 1% of them have demand for studying abroad, it will form a large market for these agencies and also a good opportunity for these retirees.
因此,对于留学机构而言,‘银发留学’未来或许不仅仅是一项补充性或副业业务。
So for studying abroad agencies, SilverHair study abroad may as well just become more than just a supplementary business, side business in the future.
同时,这也能为国内的教育机构提供启发。
And also, it can be an inspiration for domestic, you know, educational institutions.
它们目前还没有这样的项目。
They don't have such programs right now.
那就去建立吧。
Build them.
是的。
Yes.
看到这一趋势后,开设针对五十岁、六十岁以上退休人员的新项目,将是另一件值得做的事。
After seeing this trend, opening up new programs targeting these fifty, sixty plus retirees will be another thing.
最后一个快速问题,简短回答。
Last very quick question, quick answer.
你会选择哪个项目、去世界上的哪个地方?
What program and where in the world would you go?
退休项目。
Retirement program.
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
我想当戏剧演员或舞台剧导演。
I wanna be a drama tug or a director for stage drama.
哦。
Oh.
哪个国家?
Which country?
也许在英国。
Maybe in The UK.
展开剩余字幕(还有 16 条)
好的。
Okay.
我想去法国学烹饪。
I wanna go to France, study culinary.
好吧,这就是我的答案。
Well, was my answer.
对不起,史蒂夫。
Sorry, Steve.
我们要上同样的课。
We're gonna take the same class.
哦,那里会有一场竞赛。
Oh, there's gonna be a competition there.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为这是很多人的梦想。
That's the dream for a lot of people, I think.
对吧?
Right?
学习如何专业地烹饪。
Learn how to cook professionally.
这些课程听起来非常有趣。
These programs sound like a whole lot of fun.
好的。
Alright.
今天的小型讨论就到这里。
That'll do it for today's roundtable.
非常感谢你们今天分享宝贵时间。
Thanks very much for sharing your time with us today.
我是Steve,代表Fei Fei和Yushan。
I'm Steve for Fei Fei and Yushan.
祝你们愉快,下次再会。
Have a good one and join us again next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。