本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
讨论让世界持续运转。
Discussion keeps the world turning.
是圆桌会。
Is Roundtable.
您正在收听圆桌会。
You're tuned in to Roundtable.
今天我和玉顺、费费一起主持。
I'm Steve Hatherly today with Yushun and Fei Fei.
接下来,年轻人正在放下他们的正念应用,转而通过一堆塑料珠子寻找内心的平静。
Coming up, young people are putting away their mindfulness apps and finding peace in a pile of plastic beads.
这种活动叫做拼豆,是中国各地办公室和周末兴起的最新线下潮流。
It's called Pindou and it's one of the latest offline obsessions taking over offices and weekends across China.
我们将探讨为什么这一代人拿起镊子来放松身心。
We'll look at why a generation is picking up tweezers to unwind.
之后,每年都有数百万中国父母熬夜用塑料纸包裹孩子的教科书。
After that, every year, millions of Chinese parents stay up late wrapping textbooks for their kids in plastic.
本意是保护书籍。
It's supposed to protect the books.
但反而让家庭倍感压力,还填满了垃圾填埋场。
Instead, it's stressing out families and filling landfills.
那么,一个简单的开学小任务,为何会变成反映体制弊端的象征?
So how did a simple back to school chore turn into a symbol of everything wrong with the system?
这就是教科书封面那令人紧张又奇怪的生活。
This is the strange stressful life of the textbook cover.
我们的播客听众,您可以在苹果播客上搜索《Roundtable China》找到我们。
Our podcast listeners, you can find us at Roundtable China on Apple Podcasts.
别忘了,我们也非常期待听到您的声音。
And don't forget, we love to hear from you too.
欢迎向我们发送语音留言。
So send your voice notes our way.
邮箱地址:Roundtablepodcast@qq.com。
Roundtablepodcast@qq.com.
再次提醒,roundtablepodcast@qq.com。
Once again, roundtablepodcast@qq.com.
现在,如果你最近路过一家手工店,或者甚至刷过社交媒体,你可能已经注意到一种新潮流正席卷年轻人的闲暇时光。
And now, if you've walked past a handcraft store recently or perhaps even scrolled through your social media feed, well, you've probably noticed a new trend taking over young people's free time.
拼豆。
Pindou.
这些五颜六色的小塑料珠子,曾经只是小众的DIY爱好,如今却在年轻一代中掀起热潮。
These tiny colorful plastic beads, once a niche DIY hobby, have exploded into a craze amongst the younger generation.
从下班后放松的上班族,到周末打发时间的学生,似乎人人都拿起了镊子,把珠子一颗颗嵌入模板中。
From office workers unwinding after work to students killing some time on the weekends, everyone seems to be picking up the tweezers and poking the beads into the templates.
但到底什么是拼豆?为什么最近人人都在玩?
But what exactly is Pindou, and why is everyone doing it these days?
是的。
Yeah.
这并不是中国独有的现象,因为我上网看过,加拿大、美国和英国的人也在做,看起来就像一种有趣的小小爱好。
It's not a Chinese thing because I was on the Internet, and I saw people in Canada and America and The UK, they do this as well, and it's looks like kind of a fun little hobby.
但对于不了解的人,什么是Pindou呢?
But for people who don't know, what is Pindou?
在中国,它也被称为塑料十字绣,因为它是逐像素地拼出各种图案,是一种非常流行的DIY手工艺。
Here in China, it's also described as plastic cross stitch because it is pixel by pixel and making up the, different images, and it is a very popular DIY handcraft.
其过程是用镊子或专用笔将小而多彩的塑料珠子放置在网格模板上,图案完成后,用熨斗加热,使珠子略微熔化并融合成一个完整的图案。
Evolves, involves, placing small colorful plastic beads onto a grid template using tweezers or a special pen, and then after the pattern is completed, the beads are ironed, so they slightly melt and then fuse together into a finished design.
因此它也被称为熔融珠艺。
That's why it's also called, fused beads.
这有点像乐高。
It's kind of like Lego.
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yes.
我也想提一下。
I I I also wanna mention it.
这种趋势或者整个艺术形式,我觉得和像素风格的乐高或我的世界很契合。
Like, this this kind of a trend or the whole artistic is is I think aligned with some of these pixel styled Lego or Minecraft.
是的。
Yes.
我的世界也是。
Minecraft too.
对。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
所以成品看起来像乐高或我的世界,但制作过程却不一样。
So the finished product looks like Lego or Minecraft, but the process of creating that finished product is different.
玉顺,你解释得非常好。
Yushun, you explained it pretty well.
所以你有这些小小的珠子,对吧?它们基本上像小管子,看起来像迷你甘草糖。
So you've got these little tiny beads, right, and they they're basically like little tubes, mini tubes and they look like little mini licorice pieces.
然后模板就是这块板子,它就是你所制作物品的设计图。
And then the template is this board and that would be the design of whatever it is that you're making.
所以我们一直说镊子。
So the tweezers, we keep saying tweezers.
对吧?
Right?
你必须用镊子的原因是这些小部件太小了,你得
The reason you have to use tweezers is because the little pieces are so small that you have to
夹起来,然后放上去。
pick And light.
对,要夹起来,然后把它们放到模板板上。
And light, so you have to pick them up and then pop them onto the template board.
当你把所有小部件都摆放好后,你会拿一张看起来像烘焙纸的东西,就是那种可以放进烤箱的纸。
And when you've got all your pieces into place, you take like what looks like cooking paper, like paper that you can put in the oven.
把它盖在塑料板上,然后用熨斗隔着纸熨烫,所有小珠子就会熔合在一起,就这样,你的成品就完成了。
You put it over the plastic, then you use an iron and you put that over the paper and then all the beads, they melt together and then voila, you've got your finished product.
我以前从来没做过,但我看了半小时的视频。
I've never done this before but I watched a video videos for like a half an hour.
你真的需要非常非常小心,因为如果你把熨斗放得太久,可能会把它熔化。
You really need to like be really really careful because if you are like putting your iron too long, it may just melt it.
天哪。
My god.
太太
Too too
多了。
much.
是的。
Yes.
然后你需要控制时间。
And then you need to control the time.
还有温度,我想。
And the temperature, I guess.
是的。
Yes.
还有所有东西。
And everything.
它看起来简单又可爱,但需要耐心和专注,也许一个小小的钥匙扣或卡通图案就要花你一到三个小时。
And it looks kinda simple and cute, but it requires patience and also concentration and that's maybe a small key chain or cartoon pattern can take you around one to three hours.
图案可以是二维的,也可以是三维的。
And the patterns, they can be like two d, they can be two d, but they can also be three-dimensional as well.
对。
Yeah.
那些看起来最酷。
And those are the coolest looking ones.
是的。
Yes.
而且它们主要是年轻人在做。
And they they they have been like young people.
他们正在开发这些图案的三维版本。
They're developing like three d versions of these patterns.
我认为在传统意义上,传统上。
I think in traditional sense well, traditional.
比如,当拼豆刚流行时,大多数都是二维图案。
Like, when Pindou first got popular, most of them are, like, in two d patterns.
例如,有一位博主花了23天,每天数小时,用12万颗珠子制作了中国著名古画《千里江山图》的拼豆版本。
For example, there is a a blogger who spent 23 days, several hours each day, and that person used 120,000 beads to create the Pindou version of a very famous Chinese ancient painting, A Thousand Miles of Rivers and Mountains.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
而这是属于二维图案。
And that is in a three two d pattern.
但已经有人发展出这种技术,比如把钥匙扣做成三维的,例如一个三维的花朵形状。
But there have been people that's developed that technique that make, for example, a keychain into a three d, for example, a three d flower shape.
是的。
Yep.
是的
Yeah.
我很好奇他们是怎么做到的,因为我以前试过拼豆,很快就感到沮丧了。
Was very curious how they did that because I tried Pindou before and got very quickly frustrated.
为什么?
Why?
因为我没有镊子。
Because I don't have a tweezer.
我终于明白为什么对我来说这么难了,因为我没有镊子。
I just realized why it's so difficult for me because I don't have a tweezer.
你用的是什么?
What were you using?
我的手。
My hands.
哦。
Oh.
所以要捡起那些小蜜蜂并把它们放到模板上非常困难。
So it's very difficult to pick up that small bees and try to pick it put it on the template.
我现在找到原因了。
I I find the reason now.
所以这些现在真的很流行。
So these are this is really popular now.
这些正变得越来越流行。
These are becoming very popular.
给我们一些数据来证明这些有多受欢迎。
Give us some numbers to prove how popular these are.
是的。
Yeah.
而且在中國,無論線上還是線下,釘釘已經成為年輕人中的一股重大潮流。
And Pindou has become a really, really major trend among young people in China, both online and offline.
人們去那裡拍照、分享到網上,線上平台也呈現爆炸式增長。
People are going there, taking pictures, sharing them online, and online platforms show explosive growth.
抖音的数据显示,拼豆体验的团购方式非常流行,你可以直接购买团购券,然后去特定店铺体验。
And stats from Douyin showing that group purchases of Pindou experience, You can just buy, like, group coupons and then you can go to that specific store to experience this.
因此,Z世代的购买量增长了超过9000%。
And so the purchase by Gen z increased by over 9000%
同比增长。
year on year.
增长了九十倍。
Ninety times.
是的。
Yeah.
在淘宝上,拼豆也被列为2025年十大热门商品之一,搜索量增长了500%。
And on Taobao, Pindou was also listed among the top 10 trending products of 2025 with search volume rising by 500%.
这太疯狂了,不是吗?
That's crazy, isn't it?
这并不是什么新鲜事。
Not a new thing.
我从中学甚至高中时就听说过或看到过商店在做这些事情。
I I I I heard of it or I saw stores doing these things since I was in middle school or or high school.
这可能是十多年前的事了。
It's probably more than a decade ago.
但现在,我觉得它又变得更流行了。
So but now it is getting, I think, more popular again.
十年前,这还是一种近乎小众的习惯。
It used to be like a niche habit more or so ten years ago.
因为当时只有中学生才会这么做。
Because only, like, middle school students would do that.
是的。
Yeah.
但现在,我觉得它已经变得非常大规模了。
But now, I think it's more It's a huge
而且现在各地都涌现出许多24小时营业的店铺,人们彻夜不眠地制作拼豆作品。
And demographic there are also stores popping up everywhere currently that operating twenty four hours a day, and people stay up all night to make Pindou art.
这些商店全天候营业。
The stores are open twenty four seven.
是的。
Yeah.
人们愿意付费去这些手工艺店,比如北京的南锣鼓巷。
People will pay to go to these handcraft stores, for example, in Beijing's Saili Twins.
凌晨三点。
3AM.
睡不着。
Can't sleep.
去做个拼豆。
Got a Pindou.
对。
Yeah.
我感觉这有点像一种冥想。
I I sense that's kind of a like a meditation.
嗯嗯。
Uh-huh.
舒缓,嗯,也不是。
Soothing Well, not
对你来说,可不是。
for you, it wasn't.
不是。
No.
因为我显然需要一把镊子。
It's because I need a pair of tweezers apparently.
是的。
Yeah.
但比如说,在北京的赛里屯一家店,你每小时大约花费13美元。
But for for for example, for a store in Beijing, Sai Lituan, you spend roughly $13 per hour.
你可以购买全套的拼豆套装,这种产品每年销量超过5000份。
You can get a full Pindou package, which was sold over 5,000 times a year.
这意味着仅这一项的年收入就超过42.5万元人民币,即6.1万美元以上。
And that means more than 425,000 yuan, which is more than 61,000 US dollars in annual revenue for this single item.
仅仅就这一项。
Only for only for that one.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这真是件很棒的事,不是吗?
I mean, it is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
因为它是一种可以由父母和孩子、祖父母和孩子、孩子和孩子一起参与的活动,你们可以从中获得乐趣。
In in the sense that it's an activity that can be done with parents and kids, grandparents and kids, kids and kids, and you could have fun with that.
而且情侣们也会喜欢一起做这件事,想想看。
And then couples would enjoy doing this too, think.
对吧?
Right?
因为你知道,可以做一个简单的小二维物品,写着‘我爱你’之类的。
Because, you know, could make a little simple two d thing that says, I love you or whatever.
类似这样的东西。
Something like that too.
它可以成为真正属于你的东西。
It it can be something that is really belong to you.
它就像一种签名式的东西,是一种你可以与他人共度时光的美好体验。
It's it's like a like signature kind of thing, and it is a good experience that you can share time with together.
所以,我认为这也是它越来越受欢迎的原因之一——那种成就感,以及你可以与心爱的人共度时光、共同创造的掌控感。
So, I think also that's one of the reasons that it is getting so popular because that sense of accomplishment and also control that you can just spend your time with your beloved ones and also create something together.
是的。
Yeah.
如果你失败了,那就算了。
And if you fail, oh, well.
我觉得有些人喜欢尝试不同的温度,看看如何把它们熨烫到完美状态。
Well, I think somebody enjoys, you know, trying different temperatures to see how to iron them into perfect state.
这就像烘焙一样。
It's like baking.
是的。
Yeah.
这正是我的意思。
That's what I mean.
你会不断尝试,直到达到完美。
You you make like different trials until you reach that perfection.
而且。
Also
比烘焙简单。
easier than baking.
这就是为什么它几乎不可能失败,因为你只是把珠子放在它们应该在的位置上。
That is why It is even like almost impossible to fail because you are just putting the beads to the to the place that it should be.
Fei Fei 失败了。
Fei Fei failed.
是的。
Yeah.
我失败了。
I failed.
因为我不
Because I don't
没有镊子。
have tweezers.
有了所有
With all
镊子。
tweezers.
好的。
Okay.
但我的意思是,你知道,如果结果不如你预期,是的。
But what I meant was, you know, if it doesn't turn out the way you want Yeah.
没什么大不了的。
No big deal.
这让我想起了我上过的一节陶艺课。
Kinda reminds me of that one pottery class I took.
好吧。
Okay.
对吧?
Right?
我以为我会做出一个精致的、非常细致的漂亮花盆,结果却完全变形了,我也不懂自己在做什么,但我并不在意,因为玩得很开心。
I thought I was gonna be making this intricate, you know, very detailed, beautiful plant pot, and it turned out, like, totally misshapen, and I didn't know what I was doing, but I didn't care because I had fun.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这听起来真的很有趣,我想这也是它在年轻人中如此流行的原因之一。
And this sounds like a like a whole lot of fun, and I guess that's one of the reasons that it it is so popular with young people.
你提到了这一点。
You mentioned it.
你们可以一起聚会。
You get to hang out together.
压力很低。
It's low stress.
价格实惠。
It's affordable.
很容易上手。
It's easy to do.
而且我觉得这有点宣泄情绪。
And I guess it's kind of cathartic.
对吧?
Right?
有一点情感疗愈的作用。
There's a bit of emotional healing.
这方面也有体现。
There's that aspect to it as well.
因为制作拼豆需要重复且细致的工作,能帮助人们集中注意力并放松,许多用户——我们该怎么称呼他们呢——在进入这种心态时会达到一种心理上的沉浸状态,完全忘记了时间。
Because making Pindou requires repetitive and so detailed work that helps people concentrate and also relax, many users or players, how can we call them, enter a psychological flow state when you're just getting that kind of state of mind, you forgot the time.
你都忘了周围发生了什么。
You forgot what what's the surrounding.
你完全沉浸在手头的事情中,暂时忘却了压力和焦虑,正是这一点让人觉得非常疗愈,也乐此不疲。
You're just getting into the thing that you're doing and temporarily forgetting stress and also anxiety, and that is the part that people feel so therapeutic and would love to do that.
所以,二维的那些会非常简单。
So the two d one the two d ones would be really easy.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Mhmm.
但三维的,我真不知道。
But the three d I I don't even know.
我看过一个视频,有人做三维的,我忘了他们在做什么。
I I watched a video on someone making a three d I forget what they were making.
好像是朵花之类的。
It was a flower or something.
它真的非常漂亮。
It was really beautiful.
是的。
Mhmm.
但我没太跟上他们是怎么做出来的。
But I couldn't quite follow how they were doing it.
这是一个不同的过程。
It's a different process.
它要复杂得多。
It's much more complex.
对吧?
Right?
我能想象的是,你首先制作出二维的部件,然后再把它们组合在一起,因为它们是可以熔化的。
What I could imagine is that you first of all create two d pieces and then make them together because they they are meltable.
对吧?
Right?
你可以把它们熔化。
You can melt them.
可以稍微加热一下,让它们弯曲或塑造成花朵的形状。
It can warm them up a little bit and they, like, bend them or curve them a little bit and so that they can be the shape of a flower.
我觉得做二维的,四岁小孩都能做到。
I felt like to do the two d ones, a four year old could do that.
他们不应该这么做,因为你需要热熨斗,但我只是说技能层面。
They shouldn't because you need a hot iron, but I just mean skill wise.
是的。
Yeah.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但三维的,我觉得你得是个艺术家才能做出这么漂亮的成品。
But the three d ones, I felt like you kinda need to be an artist to do the to pull these really nice ones
取下来。
off.
是的。
Yeah.
你首先需要设计这些部件,然后
You need to, first of all, design the pieces and then to
想办法把它们组装在一起。
figure out how to assemble them together.
我认为甚至有一些我称之为艺术家的人,已经开发出了不同的熨烫技术。
And I think there are even, I will call them artists, that's developed different iron techniques.
他们喜欢所谓的毛巾熨斗、亮片熨斗。
They they like what they call towel iron, glitter iron.
我其实不太清楚那是什么,但它们能让蜜蜂呈现出不同的质感。
I don't really know what they are but they they give the bees different textures.
比如有一位艺术家用蜜蜂制作了《疯狂动物城2》中的角色,它们有着毛茸茸的质感,像毛绒玩具一样。
So there is one artist for example that that person used bees to make characters from Zootopia two and they have this fluffy texture and someone like plushy toys.
有些人则更擅长打造闪亮的效果。
Someone is more shiny on the shiny side of things.
所以现在人们在这方面越来越有创意了。
So people are getting creative at this point.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
因为一旦你掌握了基本的技巧,你就想进一步提升自己,这么说吧。
Because once you know how to do the basic ones, then you want to up your game, so to speak.
所以这只是一个短暂的潮流吗?
So is this just a passing fad?
我的意思是,我知道,玉顺,你提到这并不是新东西。
I mean, I know, Yushun, you mentioned that it's not brand new.
对吧?
Right?
它已经存在很久了,但不知为何,现在又突然变得非常热门。
It's been around for a long time, but for some reason now, it became super hot again.
它只是很可能很快消失,还是会持续一段时间,因为这些店铺正在不断涌现?
Is it just as likely to disappear or, you know, will this stick around for a while because all these shops are popping up?
我认为它会持续一段时间,因为我们最近一直提到,情感价值经济在中国特别流行。
I think it will stick around for a while and because we've been mentioning that, like, emotional value economy has been so popular recently here in China.
人们只是愿意花时间、花钱、投入精力在能让他们开心的事情上。
People are just spending time, money, spending energy on the things that they that can make them happy.
所以我认为这也是人们享受时光的一种方式,或许能和自己喜欢的人一起度过,这是一个非常积极的趋势,人们可以坐下来,放慢脚步,真正享受这段时光。
So I think this is one of the also ways of people can actually just enjoy their time and maybe with the people that they like and it is a very positive trend that people can see just spending time and have a better moment and really, I I mean, sitting down and maybe rewind and also just enjoy the time.
这里还有一种线上线下融合的趋势。
And there's kind of an integration of offline and online here.
是的。
Yeah.
因为你可以先在网上浏览或购买你非常喜欢的设计,然后想:我想亲手做一个,接着去线下店铺亲自尝试一下。
Because you could just go online and shop or see designs that you really, really like and then think, oh, I wanna make that one, and then go to the offline shop and try it out yourself.
但实际上也存在一些担忧。
Well, there are also concerns actually.
有人对一些潜在的安全隐患提出了担忧。
There are people raising concerns about, for example, some hidden safety hazards.
有些人表示,这些产品在使用时会释放有害气体,可能影响艺术家或使用者的健康。
Some are saying that these products, when they you eye on them, they release harmful guests, may affect the artist's or the user's health.
所以这可能是行业需要努力改进的一个方面。
So that's maybe some something that industry the industry need to work on.
而且我认为,当你每天花几个小时完成一件大型艺术品时,你的脖子会受到影响。
And I think also when it comes to, you know, you spend several hours a day doing a very big piece of art, your neck.
想想你的脖子。
Think about your neck.
想想你的肩膀。
Think about your shoulders.
想想你的眼睛。
Think about your eyes.
你知道,这还会带来其他健康风险。
You know, there are other health risks that can come with that.
所以
So
你只是用一个屏幕替换了另一个屏幕。
You're just switching one screen for another.
差不多吧。
Kind of.
差不多吧。
Kind of.
你知道,花几个小时工作。
You know, spending hours working.
我也得想想我的脖子,我的。
I also need to think about my neck, my Yeah.
我的头。
My head.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我更愿意做
So I would rather do
那我们为什么还没提到塑料的问题呢?
And why have we not mentioned the plastic concern yet?
我不知道这些小珠子是否可生物降解,但你知道吗,有一位艺术家在23天的项目中用了12万颗珠子,当你不再享受这个过程时,这些珠子又会怎样呢?
I don't know if these beads are biodegradable, but, you know, one artist, a 120,000 beads over a twenty three day project, what happens to those when you're not having fun with it anymore?
不过,这又是另一个故事了,改天再说吧。
But anyway, that's another story for another day, I suppose.
品都,你可以试试看,亲自体验一下。
Pindou, you can give it a give it a shot and try it out.
看看你喜不喜欢。
See if you like it.
你正在收听《圆桌讨论》,回来后我们将聊聊父母和祖父母用塑料纸给课本包书皮的事。
You're listening to Roundtable, when we come back, we talk about moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas putting plastic on textbooks to cover them.
在寻找热情吗?
Looking for passion?
那热烈的辩论呢?
How about fiery debate?
想听听不同视角下的中国时事吗?
Wanna hear about current events in China from different perspectives?
那就收听《圆桌论坛》,在这里,东西方交汇,目标是相互理解。
Then tune in to Roundtable where East meets West and understanding is the goal.
您正在收听《圆桌论坛》。
You're tuned in to Roundtable.
今天我是史蒂夫,和玉顺、菲菲一起。
I'm Steve today with Yushun and Fei Fei.
中国的开学季伴随着数百万家长或监护人的一项传统仪式——用塑料膜包裹孩子的教科书。
Back to school season in China brings with it a familiar ritual for millions of parents or caregivers, wrapping their kids' textbooks in plastic covers.
原本只是保护书籍的简单行为,如今却演变成一项耗时且令人焦虑的繁琐任务,这不仅违背了环保准则,也背离了其本应体现的教育价值。
What was once a simple act of protecting books has evolved into a time consuming, anxiety inducing chore, one that contradicts environmental guidelines and strays far from the educational values that it was meant to embody.
家长们有时会熬夜到很晚,只为给几十本书包上塑料膜,造成大量塑料浪费,最终这些塑料制品将被送往垃圾填埋场。
Parents will sometimes stay up very very late at night to wrap dozens of books to the waste of plastic materials that eventually will end up in landfills.
包书皮这一做法已经变成一个颇具争议的话题,引发了许多疑问。
The practice of book cover wrapping has become a bit of a controversial topic, and it's raised a lot of questions.
我之前不知道有这回事。
I didn't know about this.
我们在办公室聊天时,我觉得是玉顺问我,你知道在加拿大,家长们也会这样做吗?
We were having a conversation in the office, and and I think it was Yushun who was asking me, you know, do do parents do this in Canada?
我说,我觉得不会。
And I said, I don't think so.
但当我在网上搜索时,是的,我发现这是一篇常见的博客文章。
But as I was searching online, yeah, I found this to be a common blog post.
比如,你用什么材料给孩子课本包书皮?
Like, what materials do you use to cover your kids' textbooks?
而现在在中国,这已经变成一个热门话题。
And now here in China, it's become a bit of a hot button topic.
我想问的是,你们在加拿大会这样做吗?
What I would what I may ask is, do you do this in Canada?
我不会去问加拿大父母是否这样做,因为在我看来,这一直都是学生自己的事。
I wouldn't ask do, like, parents in Canada because it I think, to from my perspective, it's always been the students' thing to do that.
我不明白为什么现在责任反而落到了父母身上。
And I'm not sure why now parents is becoming the one who is being responsible to do that.
但不管怎样,这在小学甚至中学时都是一种仪式。
But anyway, it is a kind of a, yes, ritual when we're in, like, primary school or middle school even.
许多学生希望到学期末课本看起来还是崭新的,而那些更动手的学生可能会用大卷包装纸仔细地给书本包上。
And then many students just hope their textbooks still look brand new by the end of this semester, and those who are more hands on might use even large rolls of wrapping paper to carefully cover their books.
是的。
Yeah.
甚至还会用定制的、带有各种图案的彩色纸。
Even customized colorful with different patterns.
你父母给你包过书吗?
Did your parents do this for you?
没有。
No.
我自己做。
I do it by myself.
你自己做的。
You did it by yourself.
你会为你孩子这么做吗?
Do you do this for your kids?
我不再为她做了,但我以前做过。
I don't I no longer do that for her anymore, but I did that.
她刚上小学时,我们一起做过。
We did that together when she just started her primary school years.
对你来说这有压力吗?
Was that stressful for you?
让我重新说一下。
Let me rephrase.
这像拼豆一样让你有压力吗?
Was it as stressful as Pindou for you?
不。
No.
当然。
Definitely.
我真的很喜欢给书本包封面。
I definitely enjoyed wrapping book covers.
哦,
Oh,
不错。
nice.
即使我还是孩子的时候,你知道,那时候我们会用旧报纸,或者买旧的日历,有时候如果我有钱,就会买一卷我喜欢的图案和颜色的纸。
Even even when I was a kid, you know, when I was a kid, we'd use, for example, used newspapers or buy or used wall calendars or sometimes if I have the money, I would purchase a roll of paper with the patterns and colors I want.
那么问题出在哪里呢?
So what's so what's the problem here then?
为什么这会变成这么大的问题?
Why has this become such an issue?
是因为父母感到必须以某种特定方式包装礼物的压力吗?
Is it because of the pressure that parents feel to wrap them in a certain type of way?
我觉得在当今社会,很多父母都觉得自己有义务替孩子做很多事情。
I kinda get, like, in current days, a lot of parents feel this obligation of doing a lot of things on behalf of their children.
这是强制性的。
It's mandatory.
我不确定中国其他地方的情况,但至少在北京,这并不是强制性的。
I wouldn't say I'm not sure about other places in China, but at least in Beijing, it's not mandatory.
这是推荐的,尤其是在孩子刚入学的头两年。
It's recommended, especially for the first years and second years.
当你刚进入学校时,通常还没有保护课本或珍惜书籍的意识。
When you are just entering school, you are sort of not having the sense of protecting your textbook or value your books in general.
所以我认为这种仪式旨在培养一种意识:无论课本还是普通读物,你都需要珍惜和保护它们。
So I think this kind of ritual is aims to create this value sense that you need to protect and value your books no matter it's a textbook or just a reading material.
一项针对中国主要城市家长的调查显示,超过80%的家长为孩子包书花费了两个小时以上,有些人甚至花钱请第三方代劳。
A survey of parents in major cities in China found that over 80% have of parents have spent more than two hours wrapping books for their kids, and some even pay third party services to do the job for them.
不。
No.
我觉得这是我说错了,抱歉。
I think that's the re I'm I'm sorry.
这是个人层面的问题,但我认为这些家长如此焦虑的原因是,孩子们自己完全可以独立包好课本,尤其是在一定年龄之后。
It's on a personal level, but I think that's the reason why these parents are so anxious is because the children themselves can perfectly wrap their own textbooks on their own, especially after a certain age.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以,如果家长觉得有必要花钱请人在线代劳,那就需要反思一下,你在家为孩子培养了什么样的习惯。
So I don't if parents feel the need to purchase services online to do that, you need to rethink about what kind of habits you are creating at your home to your to your children.
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
你是在花钱让人做任何你
You're paying people to do anything that that you
想做的事,是的。
want Yeah.
这是你可以自己做的事情。
It's to something that you can do yourself.
这是你可以独立完成的事情,尤其是在八九岁之后。
It's something that you can do yourself independently, especially after, for example the year of eight or nine.
但你却没有给孩子这样的机会。
And but you're not giving that opportunity to the kids.
孩子们是否面临压力,必须让书皮看起来整齐统一?
Is there pressure on the kids to have a very neat and uniform looking book cover?
我的意思是,是否有一种压力,要求它看起来很漂亮?
Is it I'm I'm trying to ask, is there pressure to have it look great?
因为当孩子进入教室,把课本放在桌上时,别人都能看见。
Because when you're a kid and you come into the class, you bring your textbooks out onto the table, everybody else can see it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以我能理解,这可能是一个令人自豪的时刻。
So I can see how this might be a moment of pride Mhmm.
但如果没有做好,也可能是一种尴尬的时刻。
But also a moment of like embarrassment if it weren't done.
某种程度上,是的。
In some way, yes.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但我认为,压力有时或大多数时候是来自你自己的。
But I think the pressure is sometimes or most of the times comes from yourself.
你希望自己的书看起来整洁,如果你的书皮不够好,可能会感到尴尬,但以我那个年纪来说,我的同学们并不会因为我的书没有用彩色纸包着而嘲笑我。
You want to make your books look good and and and if you're not having a good cover of your book, you may feel embarrassed, but I don't think you're I'm I mean, from my age, any of my classmates would would like, mock my book is not covered with colorful paper wraps.
我不这么认为。
I I don't think so.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
早在2019年,包括教育部在内的中央政府部门就发布了一项通知,倡导‘无塑料返校季’,明确禁止学校强制学生使用塑料书皮。
Back in 2019 or as early as 2019 for central government departments, including the Ministry of Education, they issued a circular, advocating for a, quote, plastic free back to school season, end quote, explicitly prohibiting schools from forcing students to use plastic book covers.
所以在我看来,这项政策旨在减少塑料浪费,也可能对儿童健康更有利。
So it seems to me that this policy was looking to reduce plastic waste and also maybe be a little bit better for children's health.
有时塑料本身的质量非常非常差。
Sometimes the plastic itself can be a very very low quality.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
我不知道这项政策是否非常有效。
I don't know if that policy has been very effective or not.
我不认为这是一项针对学校的禁令。
I don't think it's very I I don't think it's a it's a sort of a prohibition come to the schools.
但在学校层面,老师仍然会建议学生给教科书包上书皮,尤其是小学生。
But on the ground level at schools, there are still recommendations coming from teachers to students that you need to wrap up your textbook textbooks, especially for primary school students.
展开剩余字幕(还有 24 条)
但我觉得我上高中的时候,根本不存在必须给课本包书皮这种说法,因为青少年自己能照顾好自己的书。
But I think when I was in high school, there is no such thing as you must wrap up your textbooks because, know, a teenager, they can take care of their own books.
那么,这种做法是在逐渐消失,还是说每到新学期开始时,它仍然是一个热门话题?
So then is this disappearing a little bit or is it still a really is it kind of a hot issue when the new semester is about to start?
我的意思是,我们显然在讨论这个问题。
I mean, obviously, we're talking about it.
家长肯定会对这件事感到些许焦虑,尤其是当他们花钱请第三方来帮忙包书皮的时候。
Parents must feel a little bit of anxiety about this, especially if they're paying a third party to do it for them.
这真的是个大问题吗?
Is it that big an issue?
我认为唯一的变化是,人们早就这么做了,变化在于有些老师现在把这变成了一种强制性要求。
I think the only change is that, of course, people are doing that long, long ago, and the change is that maybe some of the teachers are making this kind of a mandatory thing.
我刚想到一个主意。
I just had an idea.
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的
Yeah.
拼豆教材
Pindou textbook.
是的
Yeah.
那最糟糕了
That's the worst.
这是个坏主意
It's a bad idea.
不过没那么耐用
It's not that durable though.
这非常令人沮丧
It's very frustrating.
我有说它是
Did I say it was a
好主意?
great idea?
我说过我有个主意。
I said I had an idea.
实际上,会不会很重?
Be heavy, wouldn't it, actually?
好吧。
Alright.
由于时间到了,我们今天就到这里。
We're gonna have to leave it there for today because we're out of time.
谢谢您的参与。
Thanks for being with us.
我是Steve,代表Yushun和Fei Fei。
I'm Steve for Yushun and Fei Fei.
祝你今天愉快,下次再见。
Have a great one, and come back again next time.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。