本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
好好说话。
Talk to nicely.
蝎子在沙地上疾行,高举着双钳,毒刺翘得更高。
The scorpion scurried along the sandy ground, its pinchers held high, its stingered tail held even higher.
尽管那东西对莫伊毫无兴趣,他还是毫不费力地把它弄死了。
Moe had no problem stopping the thing to death, even though it showed no interest in him whatsoever.
‘逮到你了’,莫伊说着朝我露出他那镶金牙的笑容。
Gotcha, Moe says, then flashes his gold capped grin at me.
衬着他红色的胡须和光秃的白脑袋,那些金牙显得格外刺眼。
Set against his red beard and bald white head, the gold caps are more than jarring.
简直令人作呕。
They're downright repugnant.
但这就是莫伊。
But that's Moe.
‘你不必那样做’,我说着在副驾驶座上挪了挪身。
You didn't need to do that, I say and shift in the passenger seat.
车门敞开着,我侧身坐着,靴子踩在高速公路的路肩上。
The car door is open, and I'm sitting sideways with my boots on the highway's shoulder.
这样万一情况不妙,我就能跳上车,挪到驾驶座,发动引擎逃离这是非之地。
So if things turn sour, I can hop in, scoot over, start this car right up, and get the out of Dodge.
倒不是说我会丢下你,莫伊,我绝不会那样做,但在城外还是做好准备为妙。
Not that I'd leave, Moe, I'd never do that, but it's good to be prepared when you're out of the city.
这附近只有一个杀手,老兄。
Only one killer around here, pod.
莫伊说着,把一口嚼烟吐在蝎子压碎的尸体上。
Moe says, and hawks a wad of tobacco spit onto the scorpion's crushed carcass.
随你怎么说,我应道,抬头瞥了眼正午的太阳。
If you say so, I reply and glance up at the noonday sun.
发光的球体周围有圈柔和的晕轮,有点模糊,就像我现在昏沉的脑袋。
There's a soft halo around the glowing orb, kind of fuzzy, like my head right now.
荒野中的事物总是略显朦胧,离开城市越久,这种朦胧感就越发明显。
Things tend to be a little fuzzy out in the wilds, and the longer you're gone from the city, the fuzzier things can get.
烈日炙烤着我,我试图甩掉不安的情绪。
The sun beats down on me and I try to shake my unease away.
今天本该接近100华氏度,但云层让气温保持在舒适的93度左右。
It was supposed to get close to a 100 today, but the cloud cover has kept everything at a nice calm 93 or so.
我几乎没怎么出汗。
I'm barely breaking a sweat.
而莫伊要是再不躲到阴凉处,恐怕就得挂盐水了。
Moe, on the other hand, is going to need a saline drip if he doesn't move into the shade soon.
他的衬衫彻底湿透了,我能看到裆部开始浮现汗渍。
His shirt is soaked all the way through, and I can see sweat stains starting to form around his crotch.
倒不是我盯着他裤裆看,只是我坐着他站着,某些部位正好在视线水平线上。
Not that I'm staring at his junk, it just happens that I'm sitting and he's standing, so certain areas are at eye level.
那家伙到底什么时候来?
When's this guy gonna show?
我问道,已经准备收工去找个有冰啤酒、热饭菜和辣妹的地方。
I ask, pretty much ready to call it a day and go find a spot where there's cold beer, warm food, and hot ass.
他会来的,他会来的,莫伊说。
He'll show, he'll show, Moe says.
他正扫视地面,寻找更多蝎子来踩,或者任何比他小的东西,真的。
He's scanning the ground, looking for more scorpions to stomp on, or anything smaller than him, really.
如果莫伊能碾碎它,他就会这么做。
If Moe can crush it, he will.
我这话既是字面意思也是隐喻。
I mean that literally and metaphorically.
我没问他会不会来。
I didn't ask if he'll show.
我问的是他什么时候会来。
I asked when he's gonna show.
你他妈指望我怎么回答这个问题?
How the fuck you expect me to answer that?
我又不是他妈。
I ain't his mama.
他该来的时候自然会来,早他妈一分钟都不可能。
He'll show when he shows and not a fucking minute sooner.
不妙啊,伙计。
Bad sign, man.
第一次见面就迟到,这他妈可不是好兆头。
Being late to a first meetup is a bad fucking sign.
等他到了,你最好亲自告诉他。
Well, you best tell him that when he gets here.
我确信他会喜欢这种建设性批评的。
I'm sure he'll dig the constructive criticism.
就是说如果你告诉别人你会在某个时间到达某个地点,那么你就应该像承诺的那样准时到达。
Just saying that if you tell someone you'll be at a certain place at a certain time, then you should arrive at that certain place at that certain time like promised.
这并不难理解。
It's not hard to figure out.
这家伙什么都不用想明白。
This guy doesn't have to figure out anything.
他雇我们这样的人来帮他把一切都搞定。
He hires guys like us to figure it all out for him.
太好了。
Great.
他雇我们干什么?
What's he hiring us for?
他妈的就是个活儿。
A fucking job.
我只知道这些。
That's all I know.
我们和他见面是为了谈一个可能的活儿。
We are meeting him for a possible job.
等他来了会告诉我们细节的。
He'll fill us in on the details when he gets here.
所以你对此一无所知?
So you don't know anything about it?
比如是抢劫、袭击、安全任务还是别的什么。
Like whether it's a snatch and grab or a hit or a safe job or a No.
天啊,斯科维。
Jesus Christ, Scovey.
我要告诉你多少次,等那人来了我们就知道了?
How many times do I have to tell you that we'll find out when the guy gets here?
如果那人会来,他一定会出现的,我知道。
If the guy gets here, he'll show, I know it.
两小时过去了,那人还没出现。
Two hours later and the guy hasn't shown.
我们还要在这里坐多久?
How long we gonna sit here for?
我问。
I ask.
莫怒视着我。
Moe glares at me.
什么?
What?
你说他会出现的,但到现在都没来。
You said he'd show and so far he hasn't.
我得拿到钱,莫。
I gotta get paid, Moe.
如果这家伙要赖账,那我就得回城里找新活儿了。
If this guy is gonna stiff us, then I need to get back to the city and find a new gig.
哦,你觉得你能找到什么工作?
Oh, and what gig is your ass gonna find?
没人会雇你的,斯科维。
No one will hire you, Scovey.
你在城里得罪太多人了。
You burned too many bridges in the city.
我他妈谁也没得罪。
I ain't burned shit, man.
我是不是惹到某些人了?
Have I ruffled some feathers?
确实。
Sure.
但有时候羽毛就是需要被弄乱。
But sometimes feathers need ruffling.
不,斯科维,它们不需要。
No, Scovey, they don't.
你有你的看法,我有我的见解。
You see it your way, I see it mine.
那你觉得这样对你有什么好处呢,斯科维?
And how's that working out for you, Scovey?
你知道吗,因为你拒绝参与那起珠宝劫案,皇家集团差点就对你下了追杀令?
Did you know that the Regal Syndicate almost put a contract out on you because you turned down that jewel heist?
顺便说一句,都没问过我意见。
Without asking me, by the way.
什么?
What?
雷加尔?
Regal?
胡说八道。
Bullshit.
谁告诉你的?
Who told you that?
埃丝特·雷加尔本人说的。
Esther Regal herself.
不可能。
No way.
那位女士喜欢我。
That lady loves me.
不。
No.
她喜欢的是我。
She loves me.
她只是容忍你。
She tolerates you.
老兄,干嘛这样人身攻击?
Man, what's with the character assassination?
我只是问这家伙会不会来。
All I asked was whether or not this guy was gonna show.
你说他是。
You said he was.
两小时后,我不那么确定了。
Two hours later, I'm not so sure.
哪一点给了你诋毁我名誉的权利?
What part of that warrants you shitting on my reputation?
没人需要诋毁你的名声,科维,因为你已经把自己搞臭了。
No one needs to shit on your reps, Kovy, because you have all that covered already.
我们该谈谈修道院的事吗?
Should we talk about the hermitage?
你总是提起修道院。
Always bringing up the hermitage.
任务明明要求不能杀人,你却枪击了警卫还碾过了园丁。
You shot a guard and ran over a groundskeeper when the job specifically called for no killing.
没人死亡,所以我遵守了规则。
No one died, so I followed the rules.
没人死亡是因为你刚开枪没多久救护车就赶到了。
No one died because an ambulance was already on the way after you started firing your damn pistol all over the place.
如果他们完全不想要任何暴力,那就该写在任务说明里。
So if they didn't want any violence at all, then that should have been in the job description.
写了。
It was.
我们被明确告知要低调行事,悄无声息地潜入撤离。
We were specifically told to keep a low profile and slip in and out undetected.
这意味着没有暴力行为,因为暴力总会留下痕迹。
That implies no violence because violence never goes undetected.
请原谅我没能领会言外之意。
Excuse me for not reading between the lines.
莫没有回答,我正要冲他发火时,看到碎石路起点处扬起一小股尘土。
Moe doesn't answer, and I'm about to tear into him when I see the small plume of dust way down at the start of the gravel road.
就是这家伙吗?
Is this the guy?
闭嘴,斯科维。
Shut up, Scovey.
我们沉默地等待着那辆车开过来。
We wait in silence for the car to pull up.
在离我们几英尺远的地方停下后,驾驶座车门打开,一位高得吓人的绅士从方向盘后走了出来。
After stopping a few feet away from us, the driver's side door opens and a gruesomely tall gentleman steps out from behind the wheel.
我说吓人是因为他身高肯定超过七英尺,而且看起来不太健康。
I say gruesomely tall because he has to be well over seven feet and does not look healthy.
他主要由修长的四肢和一套宽松的西装构成。
He's made mostly of long limbs and a loose fitting suit.
他的皮肤像是掺了点沙子的白色糨糊。
His skin is like white paste mixed with a little sand.
他的眼睛藏在一副有色驾驶护目镜后面,这毫无道理,因为汽车明明有挡风玻璃。
His eyes are lost behind a pair of tinted driving goggles, which makes no sense since the car has a windshield.
他戴护目镜是要干嘛?
What's he need goggles for?
就戴副墨镜吧,老兄。
Just wear sunglasses, man.
高个子司机打开后门,一位五十多岁的男人走出来,已经朝我们微笑着。
The tall driver opens the rear door, and a man in his mid fifties gets out, already smiling at us.
那笑容很有感染力,我确信对别人很管用,但莫伊和我没有回以微笑,尽管我们互相瞥了一眼。
It's an infectious smile, and I'm sure it works on others, but Moe and I don't smile back, although we do glance at each other.
这家伙看起来很面熟,但我知道我们之前没见过他。
The guy looks familiar, but I know we haven't met him before.
那人穿着一身无可挑剔的米色亚麻西装,用手捋了捋灰白的头发,然后向我们走来,伸出了手。
Dressed impeccably in a tan linen suit, the man runs a hand through his salt and pepper hair, then walks our way, his hand extended.
是伯格先生和斯科维先生吗?
Mister's Burger and Scovey, yes?
是的,我是莫,这位是斯考维。
Yeah, I'm Moe, and this is well, Scovey.
不,斯考维先生是名字吗?
No, first name mister Scovey?
当莫和他握手时,那人问我。
The man asks me, as Moe shakes his hand.
从莫的肢体语言我能看出这次握手并不寻常。
I can tell by Moe's body language that the handshake isn't normal.
所以当我握上去时,发现他的皮肤异常温暖、光滑且略带油腻,并不感到惊讶。
So when I shake it, I'm not surprised to find his skin unusually warm, smooth, and slightly oily.
范,我回答了他的问题。
Van, I say answering his question.
但我更喜欢斯科维这个名字。
But I prefer Scovy.
有什么特别的原因吗?
Any particular reason?
我想我从来就不喜欢范这个名字。
Never liked the name Van, I guess.
啊,好吧,我们都有权按自己认为合适的方式重塑自己,不是吗?
Ah, well, we all get to reinvent ourselves as we see fit, don't we?
当然。
Sure.
我耸耸肩,正准备问他我是在哪里认识他的时候,莫突然紧紧抓住了我的肩膀。
I shrug and I'm about to ask him where I recognize him from when Moe grips my shoulder and squeezes hard.
就像我能看出他不喜欢握手一样,莫总是能预判到我什么时候会管不住这张大嘴。
Just like I could tell he didn't enjoy the handshake, Moe knows when I'm going to open my big fat mouth.
其实我也没打算说什么不该说的,但莫对这些事情有种直觉,就像我对其他事情的直觉一样。
It's not like I was going to say anything bad, but Moe has a sense for these things, just like I have a sense for other things.
我们是很棒的搭档。
We make a good team.
您知道我们的名字,现在也该让我们知道您的名字了,莫说道。
You know our names, only fair to learn yours, Moe says.
噢,当然,当然。
Oh, of course, of course.
男人笑了起来,但笑意并未到达他的眼底。
The man laughs, but it doesn't meet his eyes.
似乎没有。
Nothing seems to.
现在近距离观察后,我得调整第一印象。
Now that I've gotten a look up close, I have to adjust my first impression.
虽然他的笑容很有感染力,先生,但你可以叫我达或先生。
While his grin is infectious, Esquire, but you may call me Dar or Mr.
考特菲尔德,随你喜欢。
Courtfield, depending on your preference.
很高兴认识你,先生。
Good to meet you, Mr.
考特菲尔德,莫说。
Courtfield, Moe says.
现在,你能否告诉我们为何要在离城这么远的地方见面?
Now, how about you tell us why we are meeting this far outside the city?
当然。
Certainly.
这份工作是一个不,抱歉。
The job is one that No, sorry.
我是说,为什么我们要在这里见面而不是城里?
I mean, why are we meeting out here and not in the city?
你可以稍后再告诉我们工作内容。
You can tell us about the job in a moment.
现在,我想知道你在躲谁,因为如果你在躲他们,那么很可能斯考维和我自己也得躲起来,如果事情不如我们预期的那样顺利的话。
Right now, I wanna know who you are hiding from because if you are hiding from them, then odds are Scovey and I will need to do some hiding ourselves if things don't turn out exactly as kosher as we'd like.
科德菲德大笑着,我强忍着不发抖。
Cordfied laughs, and I try not to shudder.
和这个男人多待一秒,就多发现一个危险信号。
Every extra second with the man reveals a new warning sign.
他的笑声现在像一只鬣狗吞了另一只鬣狗,还都觉得好笑极了。
His laugh now sounds like a hyena swallowed another hyena, and they both think it's hysterical.
这更像是快乐声音的爆发,而不像是笑声。
It's more of an explosion of happy ish sounds than a laugh.
或许人们就是那样笑的,只是我混的圈子里没有鬣狗的基因。
Or maybe people laugh like that, and I just run-in circles where hyena DNA isn't present.
我父亲常说'永远要CYA',考特菲尔德说道。
Always CYA, my father used to say, Courtfield says.
意思是要保护好自己。
That means cover your ass.
我们都听过这个说法,莫伊说。
We've heard the term, Moe says.
我相信你们听过。
I am sure you have.
他思考了一秒钟。
He thinks for a second.
好吧。
Alright.
坦白说,我可能越界招惹了某个客户,给自己惹上了麻烦,但也有可能我没事。
To be perfectly candid, I may have overstepped with one of my clients and gotten myself into hot water, but there's a slim chance I'm fine.
要是让我客户的帮派成员看到我和几个知名操盘手会面,我的越界行为很可能会被曲解为全面宣战。
If anyone from my client's outfit were to see me meeting with a couple of known operators, well, my overstepping could be misconstrued as an all out declaration of war.
我挠了挠头,看向莫。
I scratch my head and look at Moe.
他给了我一个我熟悉的白眼。
He gives me a side eye I know well.
你是在宣战吗?
Are you declaring war?
莫问道。
Moe asks.
我?
Me?
向城里最大的犯罪家族之一宣战?
Declare war against one of the largest crime families in the city?
那简直是疯了。
That would be madness.
这不是回答。
That's not an answer.
莫现在毫不留情了。
Moe isn't pulling any punches now.
这个考特菲尔德给人的第一印象可能很好,但他现在的气场可疑 Moe 心知肚明。
This court field guy may give off that great first impression, but his vibe now is sketchy as fuck and Moe knows it.
好吧,也许不是,考特菲尔德说。
Well, okay, maybe it's not, Courtfield says.
但是假设我会随便把自己的职业计划告诉几个雇佣兵,伯格先生,这未免有点太自以为是了。
But to assume I'll just blabber my professional plans to a couple of guns for hire is a little presumptuous, mister Berger.
我只是需要知道我们要面对什么。
I just need to know what we're getting into is all.
一名护士通过未经处方的胰岛素注射谋杀病人。
A nurse who murdered patients with unprescribed insulin injections.
一个受热门电视剧《嗜血法医》启发的变态杀手实施的谋杀案。
A sadistic killer whose murder was inspired by the hit TV show, Dexter.
这些只是你每周将在《犯罪中心》播客中听到的几则黑暗真实犯罪故事。
These are just a couple of the dark true crime stories you'll hear each week on the Crime Hub podcast.
每期节目中,我都会深入探讨新的令人不安的真实犯罪故事,比如邪教'天堂之门'的故事——这个组织说服信徒通过自杀来达到超越人类的境界。
In each episode, I dive deep into new disturbing true crime stories like the story of the religious cult Heaven's Gate, a group who convinced its followers to commit suicide in order to reach a level of existence above human.
正是这类令人不安的真实犯罪故事让《犯罪中心》播客值得一听。
Disturbing true crime stories like these are what make the Crime Hub podcast worth listening to.
如果你喜欢我的恐怖故事,那你绝对会爱上我的真实犯罪故事。
If you enjoy my horror stories, then you'll absolutely love my true crime stories.
今天就去Spotify、苹果播客或亚马逊音乐的搜索栏输入'犯罪中心'收听吧。
Go check it out today by searching Crime Hub in the search bar on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Amazon Music.
记得点击关注,这样每次新节目发布时你都会收到通知。
Be sure to click follow to get notified every time a new episode is released.
洛基。
Loki.
考特菲尔德看向他的司机。
Courtfield looks at his driver.
请把公文包给我。
The briefcase, please.
那个不幸的巨人点点头,将他修长的身躯探入车内。
The unfortunate giant nods and reaches his long body into the car.
当他缩回身子时,手里拿着一个大小适中的公文包,迅速递给了考特菲尔德。
When he slinks back out, he's holding a good sized briefcase, which he quickly hands to Courtfield.
搭扣弹开的声响回荡在我们会面的这片干燥肮脏的空地上。
The sound of the latches popping open echoes across the dry and dirty spot where we're meeting.
考特菲尔德毫不犹豫地打开公文包,转过来让我们看清里面的东西。
Without pause, Courtfield opens the briefcase, turning it around so we can see the contents.
我想10万块作为你的服务费应该足够了。
I assume that 100,000 is sufficient fee for your services.
什么事?
Yes?
这就是莫的问题所在。
And here's the problem with Moe.
虽然他有很多优点,而且比我谨慎一百万倍,但他也他妈贪得无厌。
While he has a lot of great qualities and is a million times more cautious than I will ever be, he's also greedy as fuck.
所以看到十万美刀摆在眼前,他所有犹豫都会烟消云散。
So the sight of 100,000 smackers pretty much obliterates any hesitation he may have had.
不管有没有猫腻,莫都会收下这笔钱。
Sketch or no sketch, Moe's taking the cash.
而我则恰恰相反。
I, on the other hand, react the opposite way.
你肯付100美元,肯定是遇到大麻烦了。
You must be in a lot of trouble if you're gonna pay us $100.
斯考维先生,难道你不觉得自己值这个价吗?
Don't you believe you're worth this amount of money, mister Scovey?
就叫斯考维。
Just Scovey.
没错,我们值这个价。
And yeah, we're worth it.
只是这种数额的钱通常都附带些麻烦条件。
It's just that kind of money tends to have some nasty strings.
我很想知道是哪些条件。
I'd love to know what those strings are.
考特菲尔德先生,他并没有拒绝。
He's not saying no, mister Courtfield.
老鼠迅速说道。
Mouse says quickly.
斯考维遇到好得不像真的事就会变得谨慎。
Sculvey gets cautious when things look a little too good to be true.
谨慎?
Cautious?
这个词可跟斯考维先生的名声不太搭。
That is not a word I've heard used in conjunction with mister Scovey's reputation.
我说了,就叫斯考维。
It's just Scovey, I say.
不,先生。
No, mister.
只有斯考维。
Just Scovey.
然后他才意识到自己刚才说了什么。
Then it sinks in about what he just said.
去你的声誉吧。
And screw you and my reputation.
我能搞定工作。
I get jobs done.
这才是最重要的。
That's all that matters.
斯考维先生,在那一点上我们100%同意。
We agree 100% on that point, mister Scovey.
对我来说,完成任务无疑是最重要的事。
Getting the job done is most certainly all that matters to me.
我希望这10万元能成为出色完成工作的动力和回报。
I am hoping that this 100,000 will be motivation and reward for a job well done.
具体是什么工作?
What's the job?
莫伊对我发出嘶嘶声,但我并不在意。
Moe hisses at me, but I don't care.
他已经在心里盘算着要用他那份钱买些什么了。
He's already mentally adding up everything he's going to buy with his half of the cash.
听着,工作得眼见为实,光说没用。
Well, the job must be shown, not described.
我们虽然远离城市,但谁知道会不会隔墙有耳。
We are far away from this city, but you never know what ears may be listening.
就这儿?
Out here?
我环顾四周,看着这片几乎荒芜的景色。
I look about at the mostly barren landscape.
那些耳朵要么特别小,要么特别灵。
They're either really small or really powerful ears.
说不定两者兼具呢——考特菲尔德说着,又发出那种双重鬣狗般的笑声。
Possibly both, Courtfield says and laughs his double hyena laugh again.
等他笑完,我拍了拍莫的肩膀,看着装满现金的公文包说:谢了,免谈。
When he's done, I clap Moe on the shoulder, look at the briefcase full of cash and say, no thanks.
现在没这个心情。
Not feeling it right now.
搞什么飞机,斯科维?
What the fuck, Scovie?
莫从牙缝里挤出低吼。
Moe growls under his breath.
你为什么要这么说?
Why would you say that?
因为这一切都不对劲,莫。
Because none of this feels right, Moe.
闻起来像是墓地工作的味道。
Smells like cemetery work.
莫瞥了我一眼。
Moe glances at me.
真的吗?
Really?
你有那种感觉?
You've got that feeling?
你在耍我吗?
Are you messing with me?
我有那种感觉。
I have that feeling.
绝对是墓地工作。
Cemetery work for sure.
我能问问你说的墓地工作是什么意思吗?
Might I ask what you mean by cemetery work?
考特菲尔德问我。
Courtfield asks me.
这种工作到最后,你只是在自掘坟墓。
It's a job where in the end, all you've done is dig your own grave.
墓地工作。
Cemetery work.
我明白了。
I see.
他又笑了,我撇了撇嘴。
He laughs again, and I curl my lip.
你肯定有预知能力,斯科维先生。
You must have the sight, mister Scovey.
但这次你有这种感觉,可能是因为工作地点就在真实的墓地里。
But this time, it may feel that way to you because the job is in an actual cemetery.
盗墓。
Grave robbing.
太棒了。
Great.
我说着抓住莫的手臂。
I say and grab Moe's arm.
来吧。
Come on.
我们他妈赶紧离开这儿。
Let's get the fuck out of here.
等等,斯科维先生。
Hold on, mister Scovey.
这不是盗墓。
It is not grave robbing.
更像是解放坟墓。
It's more like grave liberation.
随你怎么说,反正我不盗墓。
Call it what you want, but I don't rob graves.
而且你们这次不算抢劫。
And you wouldn't be robbing this one.
我只需要像你们这样有才干的两个人帮忙挖点东西,确认遗嘱里该有的内容是否不足。
I simply need two talented men such as yourselves to do a little digging and confirm that what is supposed to be inside the will not suffice.
为什么不行?
And why not?
这个只有你们接下工作我才能说。
That I can only tell if you take the job.
否则他会啪地合上公文包。
Otherwise He slaps the briefcase closed.
我就祝你们今天愉快了。
I will bid you good day.
等等。
Hold on.
莫伊突然开口。
Moe snaps.
他瞪着我。
He glares at me.
我们只需要挖开一座坟墓,让你确认棺材里的东西?
All we have to do is dig up a grave so you can confirm the contents of the coffin?
工作内容就是这样,没错。
That is the job description, yes.
等我们挖完就能拿到钱?
And once we're done digging, we get the cash?
当然。
Of course.
我们接下这活儿了。
We'll take the job.
什么?
What?
别这样,莫。
Come on, Moe.
墓地工作,字面意思。
Cemetery work, literally.
我可以向你保证,我绝不想以任何方式伤害你们中的任何一个,考特菲尔德说道。
I can assure you that I want neither of you harmed in any way, Courtfield says.
如果你认为这是个陷阱,那你就错了。
If you believe this to be a setup, you are mistaken.
这份邀约完全合法。
This offer is completely legitimate.
你们挖开坟墓。
You dig up the grave.
你们拿到现金。
You get paid the cash.
我说了我们接下这活儿,老鼠说道。
I said we'll take the job, Mouse says.
现在咱们开工如何?
Now how about we get to it?
太棒了。
Splendid.
考特菲尔德拿着公文包走回他的车。
Courtfield, with the briefcase, walks back to his car.
跟着我的车,洛基会带路。
Follow my car, and Loki will lead the way.
我们还没来得及说一句话,他就已经关上车门坐在后座了。
He's in the backseat with the door closed before either of us can say a word.
墓地的工作,莫。
Cemetery job, Moe.
闭嘴,斯科维。
Shut up, Scovey.
你最好对此有把握。
You better be right about this.
100美元,斯科维。
$100, Scovey.
你要是死了,可花不了这10万零100美元。
You can't spend a $100,100 grand if you're dead.
为什么这似曾相识?
Why does this seem familiar?
我一边问,一边跟着考特菲尔德的车行驶在尘土飞扬的路上。
I ask as we follow Courtfield's car down the dusty road.
我环顾四周的景色,盯着那些枯萎的灌木和干枯的树木。
I look about the landscape, stare at the shriveled bushes and dried out trees.
你认出这个了吗?
You recognize any this?
我不知道。
I don't know.
莫的眼睛紧盯着路面。
Moe's eyes are locked onto the road.
自从我们离开碰头地点,他就没跟我说过几句话。
He hasn't said more than a couple of words to me since we left the meeting spot.
莫,你想生气就生气吧,但我是对的。
You can be as pissed as you want, Moe, but I'm right.
这家伙在撒谎。
This guy is lying.
他压根不在乎我们。
He doesn't give two shits about us.
他只想要棺材里的东西。
He wants whatever is in that casket.
如果必须用我们的命来换,那我们就得死。
And if we have to die in order for him to get it, then we have to die.
你觉得我不知道吗?
You think I don't know that?
莫冲我怒吼。
Moe roars at me.
你觉得我看不出被人耍了吗?
You think I don't know when I'm being fucked?
是吗?
Do you?
因为当那个公文包转过来时,你的眼珠子都快瞪出来了。
Because your eyes nearly bugged out of your head when that brief case was turned around.
是啊,老兄。
Yeah, man.
那可是一大笔该死的现金。
That's a lot of fucking cash.
他瞪着我。
He glares at me.
别跟我扯什么'要是我们死了就花不了这钱'的屁话。
And don't give me that not being able to spend it if we're dead bullshit.
我们随时都可能他妈的去见阎王,斯科维。
We could fucking die any day, Scovey.
这就是我们这行的规矩。
That's how our line of work works.
在这事上我可没说错,莫。
I ain't wrong on this, Moe.
墓地活儿。
Cemetery work.
我们要挖一整晚,然后每人后脑勺挨颗子弹当报酬。
We are going to dig all night long then get a bullet in the backs of each of our heads as the actual payment.
为什么?
Why?
何必大费周章就为了最后杀掉我们?
Why go to all this trouble just to kill us in the end?
在城里每天都有十几次机会可以悄悄解决掉我们。
There have to be a dozen opportunities a day to take us each out back in the city.
为什么非要大老远把我们带到这儿来?
Why drive us all the way out here?
我不知道,老兄。
I don't know, man.
这群疯子做事需要什么理由?
Why do any of these crazy fuckers do anything?
这理由可不够充分,斯科维。
That's not a good enough answer, Scovey.
绝对不足以抵消100美元的报酬。
Definitely not good enough to override a $100 payday.
墓地活计,莫。
Cemetery work, Moe.
展开剩余字幕(还有 360 条)
墓地活计。
Cemetery work.
我没再继续追问。
I let the issue drop.
我们已经上路了,这辆失控的列车停不下来了。
We're already on our way, so there's no slowing this train wreck down.
科德菲尔德的车扬起漫天尘土,我们差点没发现他们拐上那条勉强能称作路的泥道。
Cordfield's car kicks up so much dust that we almost miss them turning onto the dirt track that can barely be called a road.
该死,这感觉似曾相识,我说道。
Damn, this feels familiar, I say.
莫没有回应。
Moe doesn't respond.
他只是俯身靠在方向盘上,无视我。
He just leans forward over the steering wheel and ignores me.
我摇了摇头。
I shake my head.
墓地工作。
Cemetery work.
考特菲尔德的车又拐了个弯,我们沿着一条干涸的峡谷行驶了几英里,终于到达目的地。
Courtfield's car takes another turn and we find ourselves following a dry ravine for a couple of miles before we finally reach our destination.
来吧,莫。
Come on, Moe.
这地方你不觉得眼熟吗?
Doesn't this place look familiar to you?
我不知道,史酷比。
I don't know, Scooby.
你知道荒野地带是什么样子。
You know how it is out in the wilds.
事情会变得混乱。
Things get mixed up.
我只离开过城市几次,而且总是在晚上。
I've only left the city a handful of times and always at night.
太阳正在落山,也许天黑后我们就能认出来了。
The sun is setting, so maybe we'll recognize it after dark.
这是我听过最蠢的话。
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
为什么?
Why?
也许我们晚上来过这里。
Maybe we were here at night.
我打赌当我们——突然一声巨响敲在我的车窗上,我吓得跳了起来。
I bet when we- There's a loud knock at my window and I jump.
考特菲尔德那个巨人般的司机正站在那里盯着我们看。
Courtfield's giant driver is standing there peering in at us.
天啊,他是怎么这样悄无声息接近我们的?
Jesus, how'd he sneak up on us like that?
我们最好别知道答案。
Let's not find out.
莫打开车门走了出去。
Moe opens his door and gets out.
我挥手示意巨人退后,然后打开车门,下车时小心地与司机保持一定距离。
I wave the giant away and open my door, careful to keep a little space between myself and the driver once I'm out of the car.
不过考虑到他那细长手臂的长度,我仍然在他的触及范围内。
I'm still within his reach though, considering the length of his spindly arms.
先生们。
Gentlemen.
考特菲尔德的声音从一截断裂倒塌的尖桩栅栏外传来。
Courtfield calls from just outside a broken and collapsing picket fence.
欢迎来到摩根溪公墓,这里就是你赚100美元的地方。
Welcome to Morgan Creek Cemetery, the place where you earn your $100.
摩根溪?
Morgan Creek?
我知道这个地方。
I know this place.
我喃喃自语道。
I mumbled to myself.
你们带铲子了吗?
You got shovels?
我们没带铲子。
We didn't bring shovels.
洛基?
Loki?
巨人走开了,我稍微放松了一点。
The giant walks away from me and I relax a little.
洛基回到考特菲尔德的车上,打开后备箱,拿出两把重型铲子、两把鹤嘴锄和一把断线钳。
Loki returns to Courtfield's car and opens the trunk, where he plucks out two heavy duty shovels, two pickaxes, and a pair of bolt cutters.
断线钳?
Bolt cutters?
莫伊给了我一个锐利的眼神。
Moe gives me a sharp look.
什么?
What?
我又不是故意要当混蛋。
I'm not being an asshole.
看到断线钳很奇怪。
It's strange to see bolt cutters.
是的。
Yes.
我得确保你能打开棺材。
Well, I need to make sure you can open the coffin.
你以为它会上锁吗?
You expect it to be locked?
我不指望它会是别的什么,除了六英尺厚的泥土。
I don't expect it to be anything except for under six feet of dirt.
但如果不为最坏的情况做准备,没人能活太久。
But no one stays alive for very long without preparing for the worst.
如果最坏的情况需要断线钳,那我们就用断线钳。
If the worst requires bolt cutters, then we will use bolt cutters.
拿工具来。
Grab the tools.
我?
Me?
对,就是你。
Yeah, you.
我要和考特菲尔德一起去勘察墓地。
I'm going to scope the gravesite with Courtfield.
我的目光越过他,看向那座荒废的墓地。
I look past him at the neglected cemetery.
那里最多也就二十几座坟墓。
There's like two dozen graves in there at the most.
你根本不需要勘察什么鬼东西。
You don't need to scope shit.
自己拿你该死的工具去。
Grab your own damn tools.
我怒视着洛基,直到他后退了几步。
I glare at Loki until he takes a few steps back.
然后我弯腰进去,抓起一把铁锹和一把镐。
Then I duck in and snag a shovel and a pickaxe.
带我们过去,我对考特菲尔德说。
Lead us to it, I say to Courtfield.
乐意之至。
With pleasure.
莫动作很快,在我们到达围栏前就紧贴在我身边。
Moe moves quickly and is right next to me before we get to the fence.
考特菲尔德领路,在前几排坟墓间穿行,然后在倒数第二排停下。
Courtfield leads the way and walks between the first few rows of graves then stops on the second to the last row.
我环顾四周,一种几乎压倒性的似曾相识感模糊了我的感知。
I look about with an almost overwhelming sense of deja vu clouding my perception.
正如各位所见,太阳正在快速西沉,考特菲尔德说道,我们站在一块无碑的坟墓前。
As you can see, the sun is setting quickly, gentlemen, Courtfield says as we stand in front of a grave with no headstone.
我建议你们先挖出坟墓的轮廓,等确定工作范围后再集中向下深挖。
I advise that you dig out the shape of the grave first, then concentrate on going deep once you know the space you are working with.
莫伊说:我们可不是第一次挖坟了。
Not our first time digging up a grave, Moe says.
要是早知道是这活儿,我们就会自带工具来了。
If we'd known this was the job, we would have brought our own tools.
确实。
Yes.
嗯,这事需要谨慎行事。
Well, discretion was needed.
明白了吗?
Understood?
莫终于看向我并点了点头。
Moe finally looks at me and nods.
准备好开挖了吗?
Ready to dig?
我其实不需要太多准备,混蛋。
I don't really need much prep for that, asshole.
莫将铲子猛地插入干燥的泥土中,扬起的尘土笼罩了我们。
Moe jams the shovel blade into the dry dirt and a cloud of dust kicks up surrounding us.
嗯。
Yeah.
要是提前通知我们,我们肯定会带上自己的工具。
If we'd gotten a heads up we for sure would have brought our own tools.
可能需要条头巾或毛巾擦汗,水更是必不可少。
Maybe a bandana or towel to wipe the sweat away and definitely some water.
我还没挖一铲土就已经口渴了。
I'm already thirsty and I haven't moved one shovel full of dirt yet.
当我和莫伊各执一端开始勾勒墓穴轮廓时,情况迅速改变。
That changes quickly as Moe and I each take an end, then a side as we outline the grave.
确认尺寸合适后,我们相向而立开始挖掘。
Satisfied with the dimensions, we move opposite of each other and start digging.
一小时挖了两英尺深,两小时挖了三英尺深。
One hour and we're two feet down, two hours and we're three feet down.
洛基点燃几盏提灯,在我们继续挖掘时将它们摆在墓穴周围。
Loki lights a bunch of lanterns and sets them around the grave as we continue to excavate.
莫伊,你必须听我说。
Moe, you gotta listen to me.
我们经历过这种情况。
We've been here before.
我不知道你在说什么。
I don't know what you're talking about.
是啊。
Yeah.
你心里清楚。
You do.
要么是荒野的影响,要么是其他什么东西在作祟。
Either it's the wilds or it's some other influence.
但我们被阻止回忆起这个地方。
But we're being stopped from remembering this place.
莫伊盯着我,但没有争辩。
Moe eyes me, but doesn't argue.
三小时、四小时,然后五小时过去,莫伊的铁锹碰到了什么坚硬的东西。
Three, four, then five hours in, and Moe's shovel hits something hard.
找到了。
Got it.
莫伊从我们为自己挖的坟墓里朝上喊道。
Moe calls up out of the grave we dug for ourselves.
而我相信这点。
And I believe that.
我能闻到死亡的气息,但不是来自我和莫伊正用手挖开的棺材。
I can smell death and it isn't coming from the casket that Moe and I are now uncovering with our hands.
我们把成把的泥土推到一边,好让棺材盖完全露出来。
Shoving fistfuls of dirt to the side so we can get the casket lid clear.
不,我感受到的死亡是笼罩在我们周围的氛围。
No, the death I feel is a vibe that hovers around us.
太棒了。
Excellent.
科德菲尔德站在墓穴边缘俯视着我们说道。
Cordfield says as he stands at the edge of the grave and looms over us.
你需要用断线钳吗?
Will you need the bolt cutters?
莫?
Moe?
我一边清理棺材一边问道。
I ask as we keep clearing the casket.
莫什么都没说。
Moe doesn't say anything.
他脸上露出那种表情,就像服务员告诉他今日特供已售罄时一样困惑。
He has that look on his face that he gets when a waitress throws him for a loop by telling him that they are out of the day's special.
莫特别喜欢特供菜,错过时总觉得是种个人侮辱。
Moe loves a good special and almost takes it as a personal affront when he misses out.
这里面是谁?
Who's in this?
我就在这儿,伯格先生。
I am right here, mister Berger.
不用大喊大叫,考特菲尔德说道。
No need to yell, Courtfield says.
让我们对逝者保持尊重,不要高声喧哗。
Let's show respect for the dead and not raise our voices.
明白吗?
Okay?
这里面是谁?
Who's in this?
如果我的直觉没错,这就是别人找了很久的那个人。
Someone that someone else has been looking for for a long while, if my hunch is correct.
直觉?
Hunch?
郑重声明,我们从不凭直觉办事。
For the record, we do not work on hunches.
要是我们打开这棺材让你失望了,那也只能认倒霉。
If we open this casket and you are disappointed, that's tough shit.
无论如何我们都会拿到报酬。
We're still getting paid no matter what.
当然。
Of course.
墓地工作。
Cemetery work.
我低声对莫说。
I whisper to Moe.
他微不可察地点点头,但我看到他嘴角浮现一丝笑意。
He nods imperceptibly, but I see a smile playing at his lips.
怎么了?
What?
他摇摇头站了起来。
He shakes his head and stands up.
把那把鹤嘴锄递给我。
Hand me that pickaxe.
我环顾四周,找到一把鹤嘴锄,递给了他。
I look about, find one of the pickaxes, and hand it to him.
莫将鹤嘴锄高高举过头顶,然后砸向棺材中央,锄头直接穿透了干燥的木板。
Moe lifts the pickaxe high above his head, then brings it down in the middle of the casket, sending the pick straight through the dried out wood.
薰衣草和大蒜的气味从新凿开的洞中飘散出来。
The scent of lavender and garlic wafts up out of the newly formed hole.
一段记忆在我脑海中炸开,我知道它曾被某种比荒野影响强大得多的力量压制——可能是一道咒语,也许是两道。
A memory explodes in my head, and I know it had been suppressed by something way stronger than the effects of the wilds, possibly a hex, maybe two.
莫,这不是...
Moe, this isn't.
‘就是。’他回答。
It is, He replies.
‘我发誓就是。’
I swear it is.
‘该死。’
Shit.
‘是啊。’
Yeah.
‘我们发过誓的。’
We promised.
‘我知道。’
I know.
‘情况可能会很糟。’
This could be very bad.
哦,情况肯定会很糟糕。
Oh, it will definitely be bad.
不,大概就是这样了。
No, probably about it.
你觉得我们还能取消这件事吗?
You think we can still call this off?
绝无可能。
Not a chance.
我们能趁机逃跑吗?
Can we make a break for it?
我们本不该记得这件事的。
We weren't supposed to remember this.
所以你打算逃跑,然后呢?
So you make a break for it, then what?
让考特菲尔德为所欲为吗?
Let Courtfield have his way?
不,我们不能那样做。
No, we can't do that.
我们不知道他的最终目的是什么。
We don't know what his end goal is.
我想我们心里都很清楚。
I think we have a pretty good idea.
这正是我们最初试图避免的情况。
It's what we tried to avoid in the first place.
好吧,就这样吧。
Well, so much for that.
我越过坟墓边缘和灯笼,望向依稀可见的星空。
I look up past the edge of the grave and the lanterns to the just visible starry night sky.
现在天黑了,我记忆中缺失的部分也已归位,我完全认出了我们所在的位置。
Now that it's dark and I have what has been missing from my memory back in place, I recognize exactly where we are.
我甚至曾经就站在这同一个地方。
I've even stood in this exact same spot before.
先生们,还在等什么?
What's the holdup, gentlemen?
考特菲尔德问道。
Courtfield asks.
请尽快打开那个棺材。
Please get that casket open as soon as possible.
莫用鹤嘴锄又敲了六下棺盖,直到破洞足够大,我们能用手把它撬得更开。
Moe strikes the lid with the pickaxe six more times before the hole is big enough for us to wrench it wider with our hands.
手上满是水泡,沾满泥土和血迹。
Hands that are blistered and caked with dirt and blood.
是啊,有手套就好了。
Yeah, gloves would have been nice.
我的一个水泡破了,液体滴进了棺材里。
One of my blisters bursts and the fluid drips down into the casket.
该死的,斯科维。
Damn it, Skovy.
这会是个问题。
That's going to be a problem.
除非我们动作快。
Not if we move fast.
我们俩都不够快。
Neither of us are that fast.
我们只能尽力而为。
We can only do what we can do.
莫点头示意,我们设法把最后一部分盖子掀开,露出一具早已死去尸体的上半身。
Moe nods and we manage to get the last of the lid ripped away, revealing the upper half of a long dead body.
不过,光看外表是看不出来的。
Although, you wouldn't know that from looking at it.
里面是个约32岁的男子,身穿精致的丝绸西装。
Inside is a man of about 32 years of age, dressed in a fine silk suit.
他的双臂交叉在胸前,全身被一条粗长的银色锁链缠绕着。
His arms are crossed over his chest and wrapped about his entire body as one long thick silver chain.
黑发,瘦削的脸庞,肌肤如雪般白皙。
Dark hair, thin face, white as snow skin.
就是他,考特菲尔德惊呼道。
That is him, Courtfield exclaims.
当我把视线从尸体移到他身上时,发现他正在跳一小段吉格舞。
And when I look away from the body and up at him, he's actually dancing a little jig.
太好了。
Great.
现在带我们离开这里。
Now get us up out of here.
莫伊的声音里带着比我预期更多的惊慌。
Moe says with a little more panic in his voice than I would have revealed.
听到没有,卡特菲尔德?
You hear me, Cartfield?
带我们离开这里。
Get us up out of here.
恐怕现在还不行。
Not yet, I'm afraid.
他停下庆祝的舞步后回答道。
He responds after stopping his celebratory jig.
最后一个任务,麻烦你了。
One last task, if you please.
嗯。
Yeah.
什么任务?
What's that?
洛基把断线钳扔下来,莫伊在它们砸到我之前接住了。
Loki throws the bolt cutters down, and Moe catches them before they can level me.
如果你能好心帮忙解开这些锁链,那就太好了。
If you would be so kind as to remove the chains, that would be wonderful.
然后你就放我们上去,把那个公文包交出来,我们就能赶紧离开这鬼地方了。
Then you'll let us up and you'll hand over that briefcase so we can get the fuck out of here.
当然。
Of course.
胡说八道。
Bullshit.
我知道。
I know.
莫在低语。
Moe whispers.
祈祷好运。
Fingers crossed.
希望不会出岔子。
This doesn't go sideways.
莫将断线钳对准第一排链条,咔嚓剪断了链环。
Moe places the bolt cutters to the first row of chain and snips the link.
钳口像切黄油般轻松地切断了链条。
The jaws slice through the chain like it's made of butter.
又剪了六下,整条链条从尸体侧面滑落。
Six more snips and the entire chain falls to the side of the body.
救我们出去。
Get us out.
放个梯子或绳子什么的下来。
Drop us a ladder or rope or something.
立刻。
Now.
我需要把锁链全部解开,汉堡先生。
I need the chains fully removed, mister Burger.
狗娘养的。
Son of a bitch.
我搞定了。
I got it.
我说着,俯身进入棺材,这样我就能把切断的锁链从尸体上抽出来。
I say, and lean into the casket, so I can pull the sliced chain free from the body.
一旦我把残留在躯干上的部分取下,就用力拉扯,把剩下的锁链从腿部周围抽出来。
Once I've gotten the remnants off the torso, I pull hard and thread the rest of the chain out from around the legs.
完成了。
Done.
我说着,让锁链掉落在棺材外面。
I say, and let the chain drop outside of the casket.
我拍了拍手,又一个水泡破了。
I clap my hands together and another of my blisters breaks.
几乎像是慢动作一样,我看到一个带血的液体泡从我水泡中弹出,在空中划过,落在尸体的嘴唇上。
Almost like it's in slow motion, I see a bloody glob of fluid pop from my blister and soar through the air to land on the body's lips.
该死。
Shit.
我刚说完,尸体的眼睛就猛然睁开。
I say just as the corpse's eyes shoot open.
一具我认识的尸体,和一双我认得的眼睛。
A corpse I know and eyes I recognize.
我甚至来不及尖叫,那具尸体就猛然起身,长着长指甲的手指抓住我的肩膀,将我的脖子径直送到它嘴边。
I don't even have time to scream or shout before the corpse is lunging upward, long nailed fingers gripping me by the shoulders, bringing my neck straight to its mouth.
是的。
Yes.
完美。
Perfect.
喂你吧,不死族的垃圾。
Feed you undead piece of shit.
喂食。
Feed.
牙齿刺入我的血肉,我能感觉到血液从体内涌出,流进那具尸体的嘴里。
Teeth sink into my flesh, and I can feel the blood pulsing out of my body and into the corpse's mouth.
但他其实不是尸体,对吧?
But he's not really a corpse, is he?
不,他绝对不是。
No, he's definitely not.
马克斯,马克斯,住手。
Max, Max, stop.
我的一生在眼前闪过。
My life flashes before my eyes.
我看见自己第一次因为从街角商店偷口香糖被警察抓住。
I can see the first time I got nicked by the cops for stealing gum from the corner store.
那时我六岁。
I was six.
我看见第一次遇见莫伊的情景,他站在学校操场上,俯视着那个嘲笑他母亲的混蛋。
I see the first time I met Moe as he stood on the school playground, standing over the punk ass who'd made fun of his mother.
那孩子鼻梁被打断,还掉了三颗牙。
The kid had a shattered nose and was missing three teeth.
莫伊只受到了很轻的停学处分。
Moe got a weak suspension.
我看见少管所里,我和莫伊立下誓言:无论发生什么我们永远在一起。
I see Juvie and when Moe and I made our pact to stay together forever no matter what.
在我们这行,你必须得有人照应。
You have to have someone watching your back in our business.
没错,11岁时我们就知道自己要入哪一行了。
And yeah, even at 11, we knew what business we were going into.
我看见那个女孩麦迪,当我被判入狱一年时她泪流满面的样子。
I see that girl, Maddie, and the tears streaming down her face when I was sent to prison for a year.
我出狱后就没再见过麦迪,因为她已经跟一个为皇家集团工作的赌注登记员同居了。
I don't have a memory of Maddie when I got out because she was shacking up with some bookie who worked for the Regal Syndicate.
我看见我和莫伊干过的所有票子。
I see all the scores Moe and I made.
我看见所有追捕过我、抓住过我、殴打过我、抢过我钱的警察。
I see all the cops who chased me, caught me, beat me, stole money from me.
那些憎恨我、畏惧我、厌恶我、只要价格合适就会装作没看见我的警察。
All the cops who hate me, fear me, loathe me, and look the other way if the price is right.
我的心跳平稳,然后开始放缓。
My heart beats steadily then begins to slow.
麦克斯,住手,你这该死的蚊子。
Max, knock it off, you fucking mosquito.
吮吸停止了,伴随着湿漉漉的声音,那长着尖牙的嘴从我颈部移开,纤细的手将我推到一旁。
The sucking stops, and with a wet splurge, the fanged mouth moves away from my neck as delicate hands push me to the side.
什么?
What did?
他咳嗽了几声,清了清嗓子才能继续说话。
There's some coughing and clearing of his throat before he can continue.
你他妈刚才叫我什么?
What the fuck did you just call me?
你刚才没叫我蚊子吧?
You did not just call me a mosquito.
这是我能让你停下来的唯一办法。
It's the only way I could get you to stop.
他的声音像回响般在我脑袋周围嗡嗡作响。
His voice is like a loud echo hovering around my head.
我可能因为失血有点神志不清了。
I may be a little loopy from blood loss.
那具尸体,那个男人不是人,那个吸血鬼咂了咂嘴。
The corpse, the body, the man who isn't a man, the vampire smacks his lips.
我认得那个味道。
I know that taste.
他大声地嗅了嗅。
He sniffs loudly.
我认得那个气味。
I know that smell.
有人抓住我摇晃了几下,然后拍了拍我的脸颊。
Hands grab me and give me a shake then a pat on the cheek.
斯科维?
Scovie?
下面发生什么事了?
What is happening down there?
考特菲尔德喊道。
Courtfield shouts.
吸血鬼,我策划了你的自由,现在要求你效忠于我。
Vampire, I orchestrated your freedom and claim your fealty.
以城市法则与创世契约为名,我命令你服从于我,按我意愿行事。
By the laws of the city and the covenants of creation, I command you to obey me and do my bidding as I see fit.
糟了,史酷比。
Crap, Scooby.
你还好吗,老兄?
You alright, man?
那个名叫马克斯韦尔·弗纳的吸血鬼——弗纳集团的后裔,也是瑞格尔集团长期的对手——边轻拍我的脸颊边问我。
The vampire, whose name is Maxwell Verner, the scion of the Verner syndicate and longtime adversaries to the Regal syndicate, asks me as he slaps my cheek a few times.
振作点,伙计。
Come on, man.
打起精神来。
Pull it together.
嘿,麦克斯。
Hey, Max.
抱歉吵醒你了。
Sorry we woke you up.
不是我们的主意。
Wasn't our idea.
我的视线稍微清晰了些,看到我们的老朋友正朝墓穴边缘瞥去。
My eyes focus a little better, and I see our old friend glance up toward the edge of the grave.
这混蛋是谁?
Who's this douchebag?
他眯起眼睛。
He squints.
哦,该死。
Oh, shit.
那是考特菲尔德吗?
Is that Courtfield?
让我猜猜。
Let me guess.
你们挖我出来是想拿我当筹码对付我父亲,好发动战争接管他的生意。
You dug me up to use as leverage against my father so you can start a war and take over his business.
我说得对吗?
That sound about right?
考特菲尔德怒视着墓穴里。
Cordfield glares down into the grave.
作为你的解放者,我现在命令你,吸血鬼,从坟墓中苏醒,准备成为我矛尖的利刃。
As your liberator, I now commend you vampire, rise from your grave and prepare to be the tip of my spear.
是啊,那是菲尔德,马克斯说着又拍了拍我的脸颊。
Yeah, that's Field, Max says and bats my cheek again.
你会没事的,斯科维。
You'll be fine, Scovey.
回家后喝点浓茶,多吃些咸味零食。
Drink some strong tea and eat lots of salty snacks when you get home.
我点点头。
I nod.
好的,莫。
Okay, Moe.
发生什么事了?
What's going on?
你为什么要帮我父亲的前法律顾问唤醒我?
Why'd you help my dad's former legal counsel wake me?
埋葬我的全部意义就是为了不让我成为父亲的累赘,记得吗?
The whole point of burying me was so that I wouldn't be a liability to my father, remember?
我先睡上一阵子,保存实力,让所有人都以为我真的死透了,几十年后接管生意时让他们措手不及。
I sleep for a while, conserve my strength, make everyone think I'm actually dead dead, and take over the business in a few decades without anyone knowing what hit them.
他瞪大了眼睛。
His eyes go wide.
你现在不为瑞格尔工作了吧?
You don't work for Regal now, do you?
莫承认道:'我们为出钱的人工作。'
We work for whoever pays us, Mo admits.
麦克斯,你走后,你父亲就不再给我们派活了。
Once you were gone, Max, your dad stopped giving us jobs.
他好像一看到我们就会想起你。
It's like he couldn't look at us without seeing you.
别跟它说话了。
Stop talking to it.
科德菲尔德喊道。
Cordfield shouts.
吸血鬼,起来听我差遣。
Vampire, rise and do my bidding.
麦克斯一边完全从棺材里挣脱出来,双手高举过头顶伸展,一边说:'我一直讨厌考特菲尔德。'
I always hated Courtfield, Max says, as he extracts himself fully from the casket and stretches his arms up above his head.
感觉真不错。
That feels good.
他拍了拍自己的肚子。
He pats his belly.
刚才的小点心也很美味。
So did the little snack.
谢了,科维。
Thanks, Kovy.
不客气,麦克斯。
No problem, Max.
我说,我的声音比我期望的要虚弱些。
I say, my voice a bit weaker than I'd like it to be.
我们随时欠你人情,老兄。
We owe you so anytime, man.
洛基,制服那个该死的吸血鬼。
Loki, subdue the damn vamp.
考特菲尔德开始大喊,但当马克斯突然从坟墓中飘出并直接浮在那人面前时,他停住了。
Courtfield begins to shout, but stops as Max is suddenly up out of the grave and floating directly in front of the man.
你穿错了西装颜色,考蒂。
You wore the wrong color suit, Courty.
马克斯说道。
Max says.
它即将被一些很难去除的污渍毁掉。
It's about to be ruined by some very hard to get out stains.
马克斯伸手抓向考特菲尔德,但突然被细长的手臂从空中抓住并甩到视线之外。
Max reaches for Courtfield, but stops as long, spindly arms grab him out of the air and throw him to the side out of our sight.
当我们站在坟墓里时,只听到扭打声,然后是拳头击中的声音,最后是肢体被撕裂的声响。
As we stand down in the grave, all we hear is scuffling, then punches landing, then the tearing of limbs off of a body.
有点可悲的是,我竟然能分辨出这些声音。
It's kinda sad that I know what all that sounds like.
考特菲尔德拔腿就跑,我们看到马克斯的身影从坟墓上方掠过。
Courtfield takes off running, and we watch a flash of Max fly over the grave.
考特菲尔德尖叫起来,尖叫声变成了呜咽,呜咽又变成了咯咯声。
Courtfield screams, and the screams become sobs and the sobs become gurgles.
然后咕噜声停止了。
Then the gurgles stop.
马克斯的脸出现在坟墓边缘。
Max's face appears at the edge of the grave.
你们在等什么?
What are you guys waiting for?
从那里爬上来。
Get up out of there.
可能需要根绳子什么的。
Kinda need a rope or something.
哦,对。
Oh, right.
我还没来得及眨眼,马克斯就把我们从坟墓里拉了出来。
Before I can blink, Max has us up out of the grave.
洛基的残骸散落得到处都是。
What's left of Loki is spread everywhere.
考特菲尔德四肢摊开地躺着,双眼凝视着繁星如海的天空。
Courtfield lays with his limbs akimbo, his eyes staring up at the sea of stars.
我们该怎么处置他?
What do we do with him?
我指着考特菲尔德的尸体。
I point at Courtfield's corpse.
我们要把他埋了吗?
Should we bury him?
不,马克斯说。
Nah, Max says.
他没死。
He's not dead.
好吧,他死了,但像我这样的死,不是永远的死。
Well, he is, but like me dead, not forever dead.
我们就把他留在这儿,如果他在太阳升起前醒来,也许他会自己把自己埋了。
We'll leave him here, if he comes to before the sun rises, maybe he'll bury himself.
如果没有,他就用手和手指做了个爆炸的手势。
If not, then He makes an explosion gesture with his hands and fingers.
噗。
Poof.
不再有考特了。
No more courty.
我没问题,莫说,然后径直走向考特菲尔德的车,伸手进去拿走了公文包。
Works for me, Moe says, then walks straight to Courtfield's car where he reaches inside and grabs the briefcase.
谁想来喝一杯或者十杯?
Who's up for a drink or 10?
我。
Me.
马克斯说着举起了手。
Max says and raises his hand.
史酷比?
Scooby?
是啊。
Yeah.
我需要所有能喝的饮料。
I need all the drinks.
我一边揉着脖子一边说。
I say as I rub my neck.
嘿,我不会变成吸血鬼吧?
Hey, I'm not gonna become a vampire, am I?
我觉得不会。
I don't think so.
你觉得不会吗?
You don't think so?
靠,老兄。
Shit, man.
我当吸血鬼也就一年左右,后来我爸就想出了那个埋我的计划。
I was only a vamp for like a year before my dad came up with that plan to bury me.
我不清楚所有规则。
I don't know all the rules.
我相信你会没事的。
I'm sure you'll be fine.
是的,戈维,你会没事的。
Yes, Govey, you'll be fine.
莫伊附和道。
Moe echoes.
最坏的情况,你会变成麦克斯的思想奴隶。
Worst case, as you become Max's mind slave.
好笑,不错的笑话。
Funny, nice joke.
我一边说,我们一边走向车子。
I say as we all walk to our car.
我是说,这是个玩笑对吧,伙计们?
I mean, that is a joke, right guys?
我们走着瞧。
We'll see.
麦克斯说道。
Max says.
你会没事的。
You'll be fine.
莫重复道,并拍了拍我的肩膀。
Moe reiterates and slaps me on the shoulder.
我猜这终究不是墓地的工作。
I guess it wasn't cemetery work after all.
什么?
What?
这完全是墓地的工作。
It was totally cemetery work.
我们上车时莫发动了车子,我大声说道。
I exclaim as we climb in and Moe starts the car up.
唯一的原因就是考特菲尔德不知道我们是谁。
The only reason it wasn't is because Courtfield didn't know who we were.
这只是个技术性问题,对吧,麦克斯?
That's a technicality, right, Max?
别把我扯进你们俩那点破事里。
Don't put me in the middle of you two's dysfunctional bullshit.
我只关心痛饮几杯啤酒,说不定还能泡个女服务员。
All I care about is pounding some beers and maybe draining a waitress dry.
我们走。
Let's go.
莫猛踩油门,轮胎卷起碎石和尘土,我们飞速驶离那座老墓地。
Moe punches it, and the tires kick up gravel and dirt as we speed away from the old graveyard.
想听更多类似故事,记得点击订阅并开启通知。
To hear more stories like this, be sure to hit subscribe and turn notifications on.
下期节目再见。
I'll see you in the next one.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。