本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
今天,我们将全面探讨亚马逊全球第四大市场——亚马逊日本,以及两位长期居住在日本的专家为何认为这对卖家来说是一个绝佳的机会。
Today, we're gonna talk all about the fourth biggest marketplace for Amazon in the world, Amazon Japan, and what an incredible opportunity is for sellers out there with two experts who've been living in Japan for years.
我觉得这非常酷。
Pretty cool, I think.
Helium 10 的 Black Box 拥有除亚马逊自身之外全球最大的亚马逊产品和关键词数据库。
Black Box by Helium ten houses the largest database of Amazon products and keywords in the world outside of Amazon itself.
我们拥有超过20亿个产品,以及来自美国、澳大利亚、德国等多个亚马逊市场的数千万个关键词。
We have over 2,000,000,000 products and many millions more keywords from different Amazon marketplaces from USA to Australia to Germany and more.
使用我们强大的筛选功能,在这个数据库中搜索你可能想进入的商机,无论是你的第一个还是下一个在亚马逊上销售的产品。
Use our powerful filters to search through this database for pockets of opportunity that you might wanna get into with your first or next product to sell on Amazon.
如需更多信息,请访问 h10.me/blackbox。
For more information, go to h10.me/blackbox.
别忘了,使用我们的专属代码 ssp10,即可终身享受 Helium 10 10% 的折扣。
Don't forget you can save 10% off for life on Helium ten by using our special code s s p 10.
大家好,欢迎收听 Helium 10 推出的卖家播客系列的又一期节目。
Hello, everybody, and welcome to another episode of the series sellers podcast by Helium ten.
我是主持人布拉德利·萨顿。
I am your host, Bradley Sutton.
这是一档完全不扯淡、非脚本、非排练的真诚对话节目,探讨电商领域各个层级卖家的实用策略。
This is the show that's a completely BS free, unscripted, and unrehearsed organic conversation about serious strategies for serious sellers of any level in the ecommerce world.
在我们开始与嘉宾对话之前,你知道,现在是2023年。
And before we get started here with our guest, you know, the this is 2023.
有些人会谈论文化挪用之类的问题。
People think some people do cultural appropriation and whatnot.
所以我要为在YouTube上观看的朋友们解释一下,我身上这件日本浴衣——现在太平洋时间快晚上11点了。
So I have to explain for those of you watching on YouTube, my my Japanese yukata here, which is actually, this right now, it's 11PM almost Pacific time.
我通常在这个时间段工作,为其他时区的听众做播客,这就是我每天晚上在家穿的衣服,各位。
And so, like, I usually work around this time and do podcasts for people who are in other time zones, and this is what I wear, guys, in my house every, you know, every night.
对于不了解的人,我曾经是一名相扑选手,不是职业的,而是业余的。
For those who don't know, I actually used to be a sumo wrestler, not professional, but amateur.
在美国排名第三。
Ranked number three in United States.
我非常喜欢相扑,所以我现在穿着这件日本浴衣。
I've been loving sumo wrestling, so I have my Japanese yukata here.
这就是我在家里穿的衣服。
This is what I wear in my house.
我们的嘉宾实际上在日本,这就是为什么我在这个时间(晚上11点)做播客。
And our guests are actually in Japan, is why I'm doing a podcast at 11PM my time.
总之,加里和尼克,尼克。
Anyways, Gary and Nick Nick.
太棒了。
Excellent.
是的。
Yeah.
这意味着我们好久没见了,因为尼克其实之前来过我们的播客,朋友们。
That means kinda kinda like long time no see because Nick actually has been on the podcast, guys.
所以我们不会过多讲述他的背景故事。
So we're not gonna go too much into his backstory.
如果你们想了解他的成长故事,一定要收听《Serious Stars》播客的第178期。
If you guys wanna check out his origin story, make sure to check out episode 178 of the Serious Stars podcast.
第178期,然后你们就能了解他了。
178, and then you could learn about him.
然后,加里,我想这应该是你第一次参加这个播客吧?
And then, Gary, I think this is the first time you've been on this podcast, perhaps?
没错。
Correct.
没错。
Correct.
我非常兴奋,终于能和你们一起参加这个节目了。
I'm super excited to to finally be on here with you guys.
你也在日本。
You too are in Japan.
你知道,你不是日本人,那你能解释一下你的背景故事吗?
Now, you know, you're not Japanese, so can you explain how your what's your origin story?
你在美国哪里出生的?
Like, where were you born in America?
你出生在哪里,又是怎么来到日本的?
Where were you born, and how did you make it to Japan?
当然。
Definitely.
好吧,我不会讲我的完整人生故事,但简而言之,我出生并成长于加利福尼亚州洛杉矶。
Well, I won't give you my life story, but long story short, I was born and raised in LA, Los Angeles, California.
我去过南加州大学。
Went to USC.
在那里住了
Lived there for,
像特洛伊人一样。
like Trojan.
首先。
First.
是的。
Like yeah.
南加大特洛伊人。
USC Trojan.
在座各位如果能看到我的话,我头上戴着道奇队的帽子。
I got my Dodgers cap on for those of you guys I can see.
然后,你知道的,我在2000年代中期就开始做电商了,当时eBay还是最大的平台。
And then, you know, I got started in e comm in the mid two thousands, very very early on back when eBay was the biggest player.
我当时在做批发。
I was selling, you know, was wholesale.
我的产品是从洛杉矶的一家本地批发商那里拿的。
I got my products from a local wholesaler in LA.
我从中国进口商品。
I imported from China.
我一开始卖的是女鞋。
I started selling women's shoes, women's footwear.
那是我在eBay时代卖的第一个产品。
That was my first product back in the eBay days.
我于2008年搬到了亚洲。
I moved out to Asia in 2008.
我搬到中国是因为当时中国正因北京奥运会而蓬勃发展,同时美国又遭遇了金融危机。
I moved out to China because at that time, China was blowing up with the Beijing Olympics, and then at the same time, financial crisis hit The US.
所以我决定行动起来。
So I wanted to make a move.
我只是对上海的繁忙喧嚣感到着迷。
I I was just, like, fascinated with all the the hustle and bustle in Shanghai.
就像纽约市加了倍的兴奋劲儿。
It's like New York City on steroids.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但我为什么会在日本呢?
But why am I in Japan?
是的。
I Yes.
我的意思是,快进到2019年。
I mean, fast forward, 2019.
好的。
Okay.
那年11月在中国,我在从事采购工作。
So through that November in China, I I was working in sourcing.
我为一家咨询公司工作。
I was working for a consulting firm.
我是为外国客户从中国获取报价的对接人。
I was, like, the point person for foreign clients sourcing price from China.
我亲自走访了数百家中国工厂,有好的,有差的,也有糟糕的。
So I literally visited hundreds of Chinese factories in the good, the bad, the ugly.
你知道,我通过我的一个网站‘8020采购’记录了这些经历。
You know, I blog about it through my one of my websites, 8020 sourcing.
然后我就转战亚马逊了,因为大约在2015、2016年的时候,我听到了那些老一辈的播客,就是我们以前常听的那些人。
And then I, you know, pivoted to Amazon because, you know, back in about twenty fifteen, sixteen, you know, I heard the podcast, you know, like all the the old the OG guys that we used to listen to.
我当时在中国实地,所以自然而然地把这两件事联系在了一起。
And I was on the ground in China, so I kinda put two and two together.
于是我在中国把采购和电子商务结合起来。
So, I put the sourcing and the e comm together in China.
时间快进到2019年,那时候我结婚了,有了一个年幼的孩子。
Fast forward to 2019, it was, you know, got married, had a young child.
我们觉得上海太冷了,所以想搬到东南亚。
We were we we were too like, too freezing in Shanghai, so we wanted to go to Southeast Asia.
所以在疫情爆发前,我们就离开了中国。
So we left China before the pandemic.
我们根本不知道接下来会发生什么。
We never knew what was gonna happen.
疫情来了,简而言之,我们太害怕回去了。
And pandemic hit, long story short, we were too scared to go back.
我们离开了日本文化。
And we left, you know, the Japanese culture.
你知道,我妻子是中国人的。
You know, my wife is from China.
她有日本签证,我们每年都会去日本一趟。
She had a a Japanese visa, you know, and we visited Japan, like, yearly.
所以我们想,为什么不直接去日本呢?
So we're like, why not go to Japan?
你就等着,熬过这段时期。
You know, just wait it out.
于是我们最终在日本冲绳待了两年半,哦,真的吗。
So we we ended up waiting in Japan, in Okinawa for two and a half years Oh, wow.
在疫情期间。
During the pandemic.
但冲绳是个美丽的地方,当地人非常友好。
But, I mean, Okinawa is a beautiful place, super friendly people.
它就像是日本的夏威夷。
It's like the Hawaii of Japan.
我不确定,布拉德利,你去过那里吗?
I don't know if, Bradley, if you've been there.
那是个很棒的地方。
It's it's an awesome place.
去冲绳?
To Okinawa?
你知道,在那期间,是的。
You know, during the Yeah.
那就是,
That that's,
我曾经住过的地方,我小时候住在东京附近。
one of the I used to live in I've lived, near near Tokyo and then you know, when I was when I was little.
后来还住过最北边的青森,但从来没去过冲绳,也没在那里住过。
And then in all the way north in Aomori, but never never have lived, visited, or anything to Okinawa.
所以我 definitely 想去。
So I definitely wanna go.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,我一直在举办在线峰会,比如七位数卖家峰会,因为那时候人们不能旅行,而你当时非常幸运。
You know, I continue doing the online summits, the Seven Figure Seller Summit, because at that time, people couldn't travel, and you were just very fortunate.
你知道,我们当时有两三千人参加我们为亚马逊卖家举办的线上活动。
You know, we we got, like, two, three thousand people to come on to our online events for Amazon sellers.
然后我们赢得了不少最佳亚马逊会议奖项。
And then you we won a number of awards for favorite Amazon conference.
但快进到现在,你知道,世界正在重新开放,你刚才提到,Bradley 几个月前刚去过日本,而日本的各类会议现在都全面恢复了。
But, you know, fast forward to today, you know, now the world's opening up and you were just talking, you know, Bradley was in Japan just a few months ago and, everything's opened up in Japan, you know, conferences.
我和 Nick 聊过。
And I was talking to Nick.
我的意思是,Nick 被称为‘日本通’。
I mean, Nick is known as the Japan guy.
他在日本卖货已经很多年了,是个七位数销售额的卖家。
He's been selling in Japan so many years, 7 figure seller.
我们把两个人凑到了一起。
And we've put two of two together.
我们觉得,亚马逊日本市场这里有很大的机会。
We thought, you know, there's a big opportunity here in Amazon Japan.
你知道,它是全球第四大亚马逊市场,但几乎没人谈论它,这简直有点荒谬。
You know, it's the number four biggest Amazon marketplace, but almost nobody is talking about it, which is, you know, it's kinda ridiculous.
人们总在谈论一些更小的市场。
You know, people are talking about, like, know, smaller markets.
我不是有意冒犯,但像阿联酋、荷兰或者波兰这些地方。
I mean, no disrespect, but like UAE and, you know, like, you know, Holland or Poland.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,日本比那些市场大得多。
I mean, Japan is much bigger than that.
但很多人只是感到畏惧,所以我们想,为什么不就在东京本地举办一场亚马逊大会呢?让人们能亲临现场。
But a lot of people are just intimidated, so we thought, you know, why not do an Amazon conference in Japan, like, on the ground here in Tokyo where people can, you know, be on the ground.
他们会从像尼克这样的七位数日本卖家那里学习,我们还有一些八位数的卖家,以及许多专家。
They'll learn from these 7 figure Japan sellers like Nick, and we have some 8 figure sellers, and we have a a lot of experts as well.
所以,这就是我们举办这场大会的初衷——为了帮助大家在亚马逊日本市场销售,我们知道,这现在是一个巨大的机会。
So, that's kind of our story, you know, to to put together this conference to to sell in Japan, which, you we know, think is a huge opportunity right now.
现在,尼克,我记得你上期节目时说过,你当时一无所有。
Now, Nick, you know, when you were on the episode, I remember, you know, you had no.
那是骗人的。
That's a lie.
我什么都不记得了。
I I don't remember anything.
我正在看以前播客的笔记。
I'm looking at the my notes from the old podcast.
我连上周的事都记不清了,更别说两年前的那期节目了,所以我没撒谎。
I don't remember what I did last week, let alone an episode two two years ago, so I don't lie.
所以我要说,我正在看我的笔记,你知道,那时候你已经卖出了数十万美元的产品。
So I'm gonna say, I'm looking at my notes and, you know, you you had sold hundreds of thousands of dollars at that time.
我想这大概是2020年。
I think this was about 2020.
你知道,加里刚刚提到了一个数据,我也听说过,日本是亚马逊第四大市场,我认为是这样。
You know, Gary just mentioned one of the figures, which which I have heard too that Japan is is the fourth biggest, like, Amazon marketplace, I believe.
你知道,排名是美国第一,然后是德国,第三和第四名有时是英国,有时是日本。
You know, it goes US and then Germany and then kind of, you know, sometimes UK, sometimes, you know, Japan for three and four.
关于日本的电子商务或亚马逊在日本的其他数据或事实,你还能补充一些吗?这些信息能帮助人们意识到,日本的电子商务确实是一个值得关注的重要领域?
Are there any other, like, facts and figures about just, you know, ecommerce in Japan, Amazon in Japan that you could throw out that that helps kind of, like, set people's minds that, hey, you know, ecommerce in Japan is definitely a thing and something that people should be paying attention to?
正如你所说,对于亚马逊卖家来说,亚马逊日本市场是第四大市场,或者说是第三大市场。
So, I mean, as as you mentioned, for an Amazon seller, Amazon Japan is the fourth largest marketplace or the third mark largest marketplace.
基本上,去年日元大幅贬值。
Basically, the yen has taken a dive or took a dive last year.
所以当你看亚马逊的销售数据时,由于汇率变动,销售额大约下降了20%。
And so when you look at the Amazon figures, the currency, it dropped about, I think, about 20%.
所以这可能也是一个因素。
So that probably factors into it.
所以它的规模和英国差不多。
So it's about the size of The UK.
所以你想想,它的规模和英国差不多。
So if you think about it, it's about the size of The UK.
所以它排第三或第四,但人口是英国的两倍。
So it's third, maybe fourth, but it's double the population of The UK.
这相当不错。
So that's pretty good.
所以我们来谈谈未来的潜在销量。
So we talk about future or possible sales.
如果你已经在英国销售,那么你在日本拥有的潜在客户数量是英国的两倍。
You've got double the number of people to sell to if you're already selling in The UK.
而且,它不仅仅是第四大亚马逊市场。
And, also, it's not just the fourth largest Amazon marketplace.
它是全球第四大电子商务市场。
It's the fourth largest ecom marketplace in the world.
我的意思是,如果这还不能让你意识到你至少应该关注一下,那我真的不知道什么才能了。
So, I mean, if that doesn't, you know, give you an idea that maybe you should at least be looking at it, then I don't know what.
好的。
Alright.
基本上是这样。
Basically.
所以是的。
So yeah.
简而言之,我就是说,嗯。
In a nutshell, I've just yeah.
第四大市场,第四大电子商务市场,全球人口第三大经济体,人口是英国的两倍。
Fourth largest marketplace, fourth largest ecom marketplace, third highest GDP in the world population, double the size of The UK.
我的意思是,这些大概是我第一时间能想到的主要数据。
I mean, those are probably the main stats that I would think of off the top of my head.
我能补充一点吗?
Can I just add to that?
因为我几乎是带着全新的眼光来看日本的。
Because I I'm coming to Japan almost with fresh eyes.
你知道,我在冲绳住了两年半。
You know, I lived in Okinawa for two and a half years.
我们几周前刚到东京。
We just landed in Tokyo a few weeks ago.
你知道,在东京,亚马逊有Prime配送服务。
You know, here in Tokyo, Amazon is, you know, they have the prime delivery.
他们甚至有当日送达服务。
They have, like, same day delivery.
所以你可以订购任何东西。
So you can order anything.
你可以订购,比如杂货。
You can order, like, groceries.
你知道,我们正在布置新公寓。
You know, we're furnishing our new apartment.
你们可能知道,布拉德利大概也清楚,搬进新公寓时,通常只有光秃秃的木地板和两台空调而已。
As you guys may know as Bradley probably knows, when you move into a new apartment, it's just like a bare wooden floor and two air conditioning units and that's it.
所以我正在订购冰箱、电视、架子,还有床单之类的东西。
So I'm ordering, like, a refrigerator or TV, you know, shelves and, you know, like linens and stuff like that.
你可以订购任何东西。
You can order everything.
亚马逊是日本最大的在线购物平台。
Amazon's the biggest marketplace online in Japan.
你知道,它已经超过了乐天。
You know, it's they overtook Rakuten.
所以它非常普遍。
So it's prevalent.
你到处都能看到亚马逊的快递员。
You see like the Amazon drivers, you know, like delivery guys everywhere.
所以,你知道,它发展得非常快,无处不在。
So, you know, it's it's very, you know, you know, it's growing very quickly and it's, you know, it's everywhere.
现在,让我感到兴奋的一点是,关于亚马逊日本的卖家,从文化上讲,这让我觉得非常奇怪,因为绝大多数卖家根本不用任何工具。
Now now one of the things that gets me excited, when I think about the Amazon Japan opportunity is amongst the sellers, culturally, it's very strange to me because they pretty much don't use tools, the the the great majority.
当然,Helium 10 已经为亚马逊日本提供功能好几年了。
Now now there's, you know, Helium ten has had functionality in in for Amazon Japan a couple years.
还有一些来自中国和其他地方的小型工具公司也在做,但无论是大型卖家还是小型卖家,大多数都不用,这挺有意思的。
There's other smaller tool companies from China and other places who do it, but, like, the majority of the large and, know, from small to large, it's funny.
在美国,亚马逊美国的卖家从很久以前就开始使用工具了,Helium 10 绝对不是美国第一个工具。
Like, you know, people in America for Amazon USA has been using tools since you know, Helium 10 was definitely not the first tool in America.
早在 2015 年、2016 年 Helium 10 还没出现的时候,人们就已经在用其他工具了。
People have been using other tools, you know, since before Helium 10 was around even in 2015, 2016.
但这就像是,我不知道是不是因为信任问题,他们觉得不需要这些工具。
But it's almost like like you know, I don't know if it's a trust thing where they don't they don't think or they don't think they need it.
但对我来说,如果我去日本,能使用像 Helium 10 Cerebro 这样的工具,或者直接输入竞争对手的 ASIN,就能立刻知道他们排名的所有关键词之类的信息,这显然会让我拥有一个很大的优势,而在其他市场,卖家整体上似乎更专业,我却没有这样的优势。
But to me, like, if I go into Japan and and and I have access to, like, you know, let's say, Helium ten Cerebro, or I can just instantly put in my competitor's ASIN and know all the keywords where they're ranking for and stuff, it seems like I can have a nice advantage that I don't have necessarily in these other marketplaces where I think the sellers overall seem to be more sophisticated.
我这种说法是过时的信息吗?还是说,根据你的观察,这大致准确,尼克?
Am am I completely is this old information or is this kind of accurate from what you've seen, Nick?
你说得对。
So you're right.
针对外国人的工具非常少。
There aren't very many tools for foreigners.
有一些针对日本本地人的工具在被使用。
There are tools for Japanese people that are used.
它们并不特别好,而且价格相当贵。
They're not particularly good, and they're rather pricey.
但亚马逊日本平台上一半的第三方卖家都是中国人,他们确实有使用工具。
But half of the sellers on Amazon, Japan, the half of the third party sellers are Chinese, and, and and and they certainly have tools.
所以他们是懂行的。
So they know.
这个问题想问问你们两位,关于在日本销售,以及谈到中国卖家或其他像大工库津这样的外国卖家时,你们怎么看?
Now this question is for either of you, you know, along the same topic of of selling Japan and and talking about Chinese sellers or other, you know, Daiko Kujin sellers, you know, foreign sellers.
我记得在文化上,虽然这不一定是某种恶劣的种族偏见,但人们是不是对外国制造的产品有一种抵触情绪呢?
I remember culturally, not that it's necessarily some bad racist thing or something, but there isn't there kind of like an aversion for like may foreign made products?
比如,日本人不是在文化上更偏爱日本制造的产品吗?
Like, don't the the culturally, don't Japanese people favor heavily made in Japan products?
所以如果他们看到商品列表,明显能看出不是日本制造的——比如来自中国或美国,这可能就不是什么好事了。
And so if they see listings that where it's maybe obvious that it's not, you know, like it's done by a you know, like whether it's China, whether it's USA, maybe it's not that great of a thing.
因为你知道,在美国,我们也有这种情况。
Because, you know, like in America, we we have that.
当然。
Of course.
作为买家,我们早就习惯了,看到某个商品列表时,会发现英语都不正确。
We're used to you know, as a buyer, you look at some list and you're like, like, ah, the the this the English is not even correct.
但其实我们并不在意。
Like, but don't care.
我还是会买它。
I'm still gonna buy it.
你知道,它有五颗星,而且很便宜。
You know, it's got five stars and it's cheap.
我会买它。
I'll get it.
但在日本也是这样吗?还是说他们更偏爱国产产品,比如相比美国或德国之类的?
But is that the same in Japan, or or do they really favor more domestic products more than, like, say, USA or Germany or something like that?
日本人非常喜欢国产产品。
The Japanese love domestic products.
他们钟爱日本制造的产品。
They love Japanese made products.
但日本可以说三十年来都没有真正增长,我倒不说是衰退,但国家经济确实停滞了。
But Japan has been I wouldn't say been in a recession for thirty years, but the the country hasn't really grown in thirty years.
所以日本人并没有人们想象中那么富有。
So Japanese people aren't as rich as people think they are.
他们三十年前很富有,但现在差不多还是那样。
They were they were rich thirty years ago, but it's pretty much the same now.
日本人追求高品质。
Japanese want high quality.
他们想要最好的产品。
They want the best products.
他们想要日本制造的产品,同时也想要便宜的产品。
They want Japanese products, and they want cheap products.
但不幸的是,这两者很难兼顾。
And, unfortunately, that just doesn't match up.
所以,我不会说他们不喜欢外国品牌。
So and I wouldn't say that they don't like foreign brands.
他们很喜欢外国品牌。
They love foreign brands.
说实话,如果让他们在两个品牌之间选择,大多数情况下他们会选日本品牌。
I think if they were to choose from a Japanese brand, they would choose a Japanese brand in most circumstances, to be honest.
但老实说,在亚马逊上竞争的日本品牌并不多。
But there aren't very many Japanese brands that are competing on Amazon, to be honest.
价格不幸地太高了。
The price is just unfortunately too high.
所以外国品牌,他们真的很喜欢。
So foreign brands, they do really like.
他们最最讨厌的是中国制造。
What they really, really hate is made in China.
我认为在美国,比如,如果产品是美国制造的,美国买家就会喜欢。
And I think the difference in America, for example, if it was made in America in America, American buyers would like that.
但如果他们知道某样东西是中国制造的,他们也不会多说什么。
But if they knew something that was made in China, they wouldn't really say too much about it.
在日本,他们往往会购买明显是中国制造的便宜产品,然后直接给最差的评价。
In Japan, they tend to buy the cheap product that is clearly made in China, and they'll just they'll just, you know, they'll just leave it the worst review.
评论者会用日语简单地说:‘当然了,这是中国制造的。’
And the reviewer will just say basically in Japanese, of course, it's made in China.
这句话在日语评论中,我不断看到,一遍又一遍。
That phrase in Japanese, I just keep seeing again and again and again in reviews.
对于我自己想买的产品,人们总会说,当然了。
For products I'm looking to buy myself, people say, of course.
它,坏了。
It like, broke.
当然了,这是中国制造的。
Of course, it's made in China.
你知道,它也没那么好。
You know, it wasn't that good.
当然了,这是中国制造的。
Of course, it's made.
这种对中国制造的贬低简直疯狂至极。
It's just this this China bashing is absolutely insane.
但他们还是在购买。
So But they're still buying it.
这正是
Which is
你不想翻译产品列表的原因。
the reason why you don't wanna translate your listing.
但他们还是在购买。
But they're still buying I
因为他们买了便宜的那个。
know because they bought the cheap one.
如果他们想买好的,本可以买日本的,但他们不愿意花钱。
If they wanted to buy the good one, they could have bought the Japanese one, but they didn't wanna pay the money.
所以,一个很好的机会可能是:嘿,不管我们来自哪里——中国、美国、德国、英国,我们都从中国同一家工厂获得相同的产品,但我们可以想办法为日本消费者优化产品描述,比如请母语翻译,他们甚至可能根本不知道这是中国制造的。
So so then so then would a kind of great opportunity be like, hey, let let's you know, regardless of where we're from, whether we're from China, whether we're from USA, whether we're from, you know, Germany, UK, we get that same product from that same factory in China, but we figure out how to make a nice optimized for the Japanese people listing where maybe I use a native translator or something and they might not even know it's made in China.
那这会是机会吗?
Would would that be the opportunity then?
是的。
Yes.
这就是机会。
That's the opportunity.
所以,本质上,你是想用品牌营销。
So, basically, you want to you want to use branding.
你永远不希望有一个糟糕的listing,因为即使你是美国品牌,但如果listing做得很差,读起来像是中国卖家写的,那就不好了。
So you don't ever want to have a bad listing because if you if you even if you're like an American brand and you have a listing done badly and it kind of reads like it was written by a Chinese seller, that's not good.
但如果你展示自己是中国品牌——抱歉,是美国品牌、英国品牌、德国品牌,他们就非常喜欢。
But if you if you show that you're a Chinese brand if you're Japanese sorry, an American brand, a UK brand, a German brand, they love that.
这很好。
That's good.
做一个规范的listing。
Have a proper listing.
确保它写得专业,这样你就稳操胜券了。
Make sure it's written properly, and then you are you are well away.
回到刚才的说法,日本人确实喜欢日本品牌,但在亚马逊上价格有竞争力的日本品牌其实很少。
As I come back to the fact, Japanese people do love Japanese brands, but there really aren't very many competitively priced on Amazon.
所以他们并没有太多选择。
So they don't have that choice.
但他们愿意为品牌支付更多钱。
But they are willing to pay more for brand.
一般来说,亚马逊日本并不是销售高价产品的理想平台。
Generally, Amazon Japan is not a great place for expensive products.
老实说,它不是一个高单价的市场。
It's not a high kind of it's not a high ticket marketplace, to be honest.
所以产品的价格大约在40美元左右。
So products are around about the well, I'm gonna say about $40.
30美元左右,20到30美元这个区间在日本非常有竞争力。
Around the $30 mark is is 20 to 30 is is very, very good on Japan.
你有一个好产品。
You've a good product.
你有良好的品牌建设。
You've got good branding.
你展现出自己是外国品牌。
You show that you're a foreign brand.
真正有问题的只有中国。
It's really only China that's a problem.
我从没见过他们评论说,哦,这当然是英国品牌,或者当然是外国品牌。
I never see them comment, oh, of course, it's a UK brand or of course, it's a foreign
他们到底说了什么?
What what do they actually say?
我打印了一大堆这些评论。
Printed out a bunch of these reviews.
我只是在自己找产品的时候发现的。
I just found looking for products myself.
很明显,这是一款中国产品。
I mean, it's clearly it's clearly a Chinese product.
很明显,iPhone方面,我认为日本的iOS市场份额仍然是最高的。
It's clearly and iPhones, I think Japan still has the highest share of iOS to Android.
人人都知道它们是在中国制造的,但因为它是美国品牌,所以完全能被接受。
And everybody knows they're made in China, but still, because it's an American brand, it totally passes.
所以,如果你的品牌定位做得好,即使产品是中国制造,也不是问题,因为他们心里其实清楚。
So that would be a good example of if you got your branding right, it's not a problem if it's made in China because they do know that.
这就是为什么看到这些评论时我会感到恼火,因为这很明显。
And that's why it annoys me when you see the reviews because it was obvious.
如果你花10美元买一样东西,而另一个日本版本要40美元,你自然就能想明白。
If you if you spent, you know, $10 on something and the next and then, like, another, you know, Japanese version is $40, you'll be able to work it out.
你知道的。
You know?
是的。
Yeah.
如果我可以补充一点,我觉得日本消费者对中国产品的态度,最典型的例子就是大创,那个100日元或1美元商店。
And if I can just add to that, I I think the perfect example of, you know, Japanese consumers, like, their attitudes towards Chinese products is with Daiso, like, worth, like, the 100 yen or the dollar shop.
我的意思是,那些产品绝大多数都是中国制造的,但它依然是购物中心里最受欢迎的店铺。
I mean, most all of those products are made in China, but that's still the most popular shop in the shopping mall.
你知道,人人都在那里买厨房用品、浴室用品。
You know, everyone's getting all of their kitchen stuff, all their bathroom stuff there.
而且可能有些东西会坏掉,但大多数人还是完全满意的。
And maybe like, you know, some of them are gonna break, but, you know, most of them people are perfectly happy with.
所以我觉得,就像尼克说的那样。
So I think, you know, it's like what Nick said.
只要质量好,品牌和营销怎么样,其实中国制造与否都没关系。
And so long as, you know, the quality is good, like, the the branding, the marketing, I mean, made in China or not.
当然,人们更喜欢本国制造的产品,但我发现大家其实都很务实。
I mean, of course, people, like, would prefer their own, you know, made in their own country, but, like, people are very pragmatic, I find.
寻找性价比高的产品,我认为这是日本消费者心态的关键之一。
You know, like, looking for reasonable type products, I think that's that's, you know, one of the the keys to the Japanese consumer mindset.
说到商品列表,加里,你在这儿待了挺久了吧?
You know, speaking of listings, Gary, you know, like, you've lived there for a while.
你现在能看懂平假名和片假名了吗?
Like, are you can you read, Hiragana and Kanji now?
我还在继续学习中。
I'm I mean, I'm still working on it.
我还在学习中。
I'm still learning it.
但我认为在日本销售的美妙之处在于,即使我完全不会说日语,我依然可以在日本销售。
But I think that the beauty of selling in Japan is, you know, I'm selling on Japan even though I I'm totally not fluent in Japanese.
我的日语可能只够在餐厅点餐,但那些细微的差别,我还没掌握。
I mean, I'm maybe maybe I can know enough to order food in a restaurant, but, you know, those nuances, like, I'm still not there yet.
但我有一个日本虚拟助手。
But, you know, I have, a Japanese virtual assistant.
她帮我处理事务,我还聘请了一家机构来将商品列表本地化为日语。
You know, she helps out, and I've hired an agency to help localize the listings into Japanese.
所以,即使你像我一样不会说日语,依然可以在日本销售。
So even if you don't speak Japanese like me, I mean, you can still sell into Japan.
对吧?
Right?
我觉得很多人只是害怕这些挑战,但我觉得,我们总能找到绕过它们的方法。
I think it's like a lot of people are just, like, scared of these challenges, but I think, you know, we always can find ways around them.
作为创业者,如果你能克服这些挑战——正是这些挑战让其他人望而却步——那么你的业务就相当于筑起了一道护城河,因为大多数人并不愿意去克服这些困难。
As an entrepreneur, if you can get past these challenges, like the same challenges that kept everybody else out, you know, now it's like a moat around your business because most people, you know, they're not willing to to overcome that.
所以,是的,我还在继续提升我的日语水平。
So, but, yeah, I'm I'm still working on my Japanese, man.
我得把日语练得更好才行。
I I gotta get better with that.
我问这个问题的原因是,你刚才提到你正在搬新家,还在亚马逊上大量采购东西,为新家做准备。
Well, the reason I'm asking is, you know, you just mentioned, you know, you're moving into a place and you're buying tons of stuff on Amazon, you know, for your new place.
那你平时是怎么搜索的呢?
So how are you searching?
比如,日本有没有类似英文字符模式的功能?
Like like, is there, like, a, you know, English character mode of Japan.
比如,美国那边就可以。
Like, for example, America Yes.
人们可以把亚马逊.com切换成西班牙语之类的语言,然后
People can switch the amazon.com to Spanish or something and
然后翻译。
then translate.
所以,作为外国人或英语使用者,你是这样购物的吗?
So is that like how you as a foreigner or as an English speaker are shopping?
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
我在日本住了两年半,快三年了。
So I lived in Japan for, like, over two and a half, almost three years now.
我去亚马逊时,说来惭愧,尼克可能会笑话我,但我直接开启英文模式,用英语搜索。
When I go to Amazon, I'm ashamed of this and Nick is probably gonna laugh at me, but I just turn on English mode and I just search in English.
我能找到我的电饭煲。
I can find my rice cooker.
我能找到,比如,我需要的任何东西。
I can find, like, you know, my whatever.
对吧?
Right?
但另一件事是我有一个日本虚拟助手。
But the other thing is I I I have a a Japanese, virtual assistant.
她是个日本妈妈,我可以问她,比如。
So and she's a Japanese mom and, you know, I can ask her, okay.
所以我们即将搬进一个小小的东京公寓。
So, you know, we're moving to a little Japanese Tokyo apartment.
你能推荐一款不错的冰箱吗?
Can you recommend a nice refrigerator to get?
我买不了特别大的。
I I can't get, a gigantic one.
它放不下。
It's not gonna fit.
对吧?
Right?
所以呢,她会跟她的朋友聊天,然后给我提建议。
So, you know, she she, you know, talks to her friends and she makes recommendations to me.
我就说,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
那就这么定了。
Let's just go with that.
你知道的,我可不想在这上面花好几个小时。
You know, I'm not gonna spend hours into that.
我的意思是,作为创业者,对吧,我们得跳出常规去创新,你知道的,而这就是我做的。
So, I mean, I think it's like, you know, as entrepreneurs, right, we gotta think creatively outside the outside the box, you know, and but, yeah, that's what I do.
PPC成本。
PPC cost.
我记得以前,每当我跟那些做日本市场销售的人聊起这个,他们都会说,天哪。
I remember, you know, back in the day, whoever I talked to who was selling Japan is like, oh my goodness.
相比美国,便宜太多了。
It's so cheap compared to, like, America.
我知道,美国的价格已经飙升了。
I'd you know, American prices have kind of skyrocketed.
那是Nick还是谁?现在情况还是这样吗?如果比较同类产品,日本的点击成本因为竞争较少而更低吗?
Is that Nick or or whoever is that still kind of, like, the case where if you're comparing apples to apples, cost per click is less in Japan due to less competition?
是的。
Yes.
我很高兴听到这一点。
I love to hear it.
是的。
Yes.
所以有几件事。
So a couple of things.
首先,PPC成本确实更低。
So one, PPC costs are definitely lower.
我在这个许多平台上销售,而日本绝对是 cheapest 的。
I sell in a lot of marketplaces, and Japan is by far the cheapest.
第二件事是,回到我们之前说的,一半的外国卖家是中国卖家,或者一半的第三方卖家是中国卖家。
And the second thing is that kinda coming back to what we were saying, half the foreign sellers are Chinese or half the sellers, half of the third party sellers are Chinese.
他们中的很多都不是品牌商,所以没有品牌展位。
A lot of them aren't brands, so they don't have the branded spots.
因此,我们运营的账户,第一件事总是投放品牌赞助广告,也就是头条广告,因为这需要品牌注册。
So the accounts that we run, the first thing we we always do is to run the the sponsored brand ads, a headline ad, because you have to have a brand registry for that.
很多卖家都没有这个资格。
And lots of, lots of sellers don't have that.
现在我想起几年前,有个小细节。
Now I remember a few years ago, there was just one small thing.
就像你说的,我不需要公司或银行账户,但我是否需要一个代理之类的,比如我的进口商或类似的角色?
Like like, I didn't I don't have to like you said, I don't have to have a company or bank account, but do I have to have, like like, an agent or something like that of of who's like my I don't know if it was importer of record or
类似进口商的角色。
something like of record.
对。
Right.
你能谈谈这是什么,以及获取它有多难或多容易吗?
Can can you talk about about what that is and and how difficult or easy it is to get that?
大约两年前,日本当局进行了一次大规模整顿,当时大量进入日本的商品被海关扣留,海关不是根据货运发票上的价值(即任何进口商的商品成本)来征税,而是根据商品的销售价格征税,因为他们声称这些商品是直接发给客户的。
So there was a big crackdown about two years ago, I think, where a lot of the goods coming into Japan, the customs office was stopping them and were charging sellers based not on the not on the shipping invoice value, which is obviously the cost of goods for anyone importing it, but they were they were charging duty based on the selling price of the goods because they they were claiming that the goods were basically going directly to the customer.
所以,在亚马逊上购买商品的客户本质上就是进口人。
So the customer buying on Amazon is essentially the person importing it.
因此,关税需要基于销售价格来缴纳。
So they so duty needs to be paid on the selling price.
如果税率是10%,那就是10%的30美元,不管你的商品成本是多少。
So if it's 10%, it's 10% of, you know, $30, whatever, not your cost of goods.
当时进行了一次大规模整顿。
So there was a big crackdown.
如果你在日本本地,那就没有问题。
If you were based in Japan, there wasn't a problem.
所以我们当时也被卷入了这次整顿中。
So we were kinda caught up in this crackdown.
展开剩余字幕(还有 267 条)
每次有海运货物进来时,我们都必须提交大量文件。
We had to submit lots of documents every time we had sea shipments coming in.
空运总是容易得多。
Air was always a lot easier.
因为我们位于日本,所以从未支付过这些高价,但这最近给许多外国卖家带来了问题。
We didn't ever have to pay those higher prices because we are based in Japan, but it did cause problems for a lot of foreign sellers recently.
而且,顺便说一下,其实有一些办法可以规避这个问题。
And that and there are kind of ways to get around it, by the way.
但你需要找一个熟悉日本进口流程的人咨询。
But you need to speak to somebody who is familiar with importing into Japan.
不要找那些声称能处理日本业务的公司。
Don't use a company that says they can do Japan.
他们可能能处理日本业务,但根本不会认真做。
They probably can do Japan, but they're not gonna do it.
这会花掉你更多的钱。
It's gonna cost you more money.
卖到日本还有哪些其他不同之处?或者你能给那些准备进军日本市场的人一些快速见效的建议吗?
What are some other differences of selling Japan or some kind of, like, quick hitting strategies that you can give people who are, hey.
我已经准备好进军日本市场了,我需要做些什么才能成功?
I'm ready to go and and sell in Japan.
我该怎么做才能成功?
What do I need to do to succeed?
我认为其中一个不同点在于,当你向日本进口产品时,涉及到的合规性和产品检测,因为日本有自己的合规法规。
I think one of the differences is when it comes to compliance and testing for products that you import to Japan, because Japan has their own set of compliance laws.
我不是说亚马逊日本平台。
I I don't mean Amazon Japan.
我是说日本海关。
I mean, like, you know, Japan customs.
比如,我在美国销售的一款产品是厨房用品。
So for example, one of the products that I'm selling in The US is a kitchen product.
任何在日本销售的、会接触食物的产品,都必须通过合规性检测。
And then anything that, you know, touches food that's sold in Japan, you have to have compliance testing done.
而且不能随便找任何实验室。
And then it can't just be any laboratory.
必须是日本海关特别认可的实验室。
It has to be like a especially, you know, Japanese, customs approved laboratory.
所以你必须确保找到合适的实验室来做这项检测。
So you have to make sure you find the right laboratory to do that testing.
我认为这是很重要的一点。
I think that's one important thing.
肉板?
Charcuterie board?
它会接触食物?
It touches food?
像这种,我甚至都需要去申请
Like, with the with that, I even that, I would have to get
是的。
Yes.
是的。
Yeah.
批准?
Approval?
哇。
Wow.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我在美国销售熟食板。
I sell charcuterie boards in America.
不需要做任何事。
Don't have to do anything.
你知道的?
You know?
但这是个好信息。
But that's in that's that's good to know.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以是的。
So Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以如果你想在日本销售,你得确保它能通过合规性测试。
So you wanna sell in Japan, you gotta make sure that, you know, it it will pass the test with the compliance.
而且我认为另一点是,很多卖家并不知道,在日本,旺季有所不同。
And the I think the other thing, like, something else that not a lot of sellers are aware of is, like, in Japan, like, the peak seasons, like, there's different there are differences.
你知道吧?
You know?
这不像美国那样,比如圣诞节期间。
It's not like The US with, like, you know, Christmas time.
你知道吧?
You know?
在日本,还有其他一些季节可能会非常受欢迎。
There's, like, other seasons in Japan that could be very popular.
你知道,我卖的一个产品是户外儿童玩具。
You know, one of the products that I sell is, like, an outdoor, like, you know, kids toy product.
然后,我很惊讶地发现,我以为它会在天气好的夏天特别受欢迎,但实际上它在新年期间非常畅销,因为日本文化中,孩子们在新年期间会做某种活动,而他们会用到这个产品。
And then, I was very surprised that, you know, it I thought it would be very popular in the summertime when the weather is nice, but actually, it's very popular around New Year's because culturally, Japan has, like, you know, this thing they do around, you know, the the school kids do around New Year's and they they use this product.
所以,你得稍微深入挖掘一下表面之下的东西。
So, you know, you gotta kinda, like, dig a little bit deeper below the surface.
我的意思是,工具固然很好,但别光依赖工具。
Don't I mean, the tools are great, but, I mean, don't just rely on tools.
如果你真的想在日本成功,就得再深入一步。
You gotta go a little, you know, one step further if you really wanna succeed in Japan.
好的。
K.
尼克?
Nick?
好吧,既然要分析,那就彻底分析一下。
Well, if you break it down so break it down.
我们差不多已经过了一遍所有内容,但为了把一切都整合起来。
So we've kind of been through pretty much everything, but to kind of just put everything together.
首先,检查一下产品在日本是否畅销。
First of all, check if the product sells in Japan.
用Helium 10查一下。
So Helium 10, check there.
去谷歌上看看。
Look on Google.
去YouTube上看一看。
Look on YouTube.
看看你的产品会被如何使用。
See how your product will be used.
获得一些想法。
Get an idea.
好的。
Okay.
这是第一件事。
That's the first thing.
我能看出这个产品在日本是有使用的。
I can see the product is used in Japan.
我这里有机会。
I've got a chance here.
第二件事,联系一个进口商。
Second thing, speak to an importer.
确保你为产品需要做的所有事情都处理好了。
Make sure if you've got anything you need to do for your products.
这是第二点。
That's the second thing.
非常重要。
Really, really important.
你把这件事办清楚。
You clear that.
注册一个账户。
Make an account.
这非常快。
That's really, really quick.
转移Ameren Street的款项。
Transfer of Ameren Street.
非常快。
Really, really quick.
这和在其他任何市场平台上操作是一样的。
It's the same as doing any other marketplace.
然后找一个懂行的人帮你制作商品列表。
Then get your listings made up by somebody who knows what they're doing.
我怎么强调都不为过。
I can't stress enough.
我是说,那个。
The yeah.
因为我们帮助卖家,我们见过很多卖家请专业翻译公司做翻译,但他们不了解亚马逊,结果根本没做好,关键词也没放在对的位置。
I mean, because we help sellers, we've had a lot of people who have had translations done by professional translation agencies, but they didn't know Amazon, and it just wasn't done right, didn't have the keywords in the right place.
所以一定要找一个懂亚马逊的翻译,然后上传你的产品,就这样。
So make sure you you use a translator who knows Amazon, and then send your products, and that's it.
检查一下是否需要销售许可,联系进口商了解是否有相关规定,做好一个优质、规范的商品列表,并在图片上加上日文。
So check if they sell, speak to an importer and find out if there's any regulations, get a good listing, a sound listing made, put Japanese on your images.
在过去两年里,你可以为每个国家设置独立的图片,这非常有用,然后上传并销售即可。
Over the last for the last two years now, you can have, you know, images per country, which is really, really useful, and then send and sell.
我的意思是,就是这样了。
I mean, there's that's that's it.
这是最重要的事情。
That's that's the most important stuff to do.
对于我们做的品牌,我倾向于在其中一张图片或Plus页面上放一张真实的照片,注明我们提供日语支持。
For the brands we do, I kind of like to have an actual image one on one of the images or in a plus that says we've got Japanese support.
我的意思是,放一张日语支持人员的照片,因为这能让日本消费者感到安心,知道他们能用日语联系到人。
I mean, a photo of a Japanese support person because that really helps Japanese people to relax about a product knowing that they'll be able to speak to somebody in Japanese about it.
但这不是绝对必需的,你可以找一个虚拟助理。
But that's not absolutely required, but you can get a VA.
日本的工资非常非常低,你可以在任何常用的网站上找到日本的虚拟助理。
Wages in Japan are very, very cheap, so you can look up on any of the usual sites to get a VA for Japan.
我们之前提到过四月份将举办这个活动。
We've alluded to this event happening in April.
你能告诉我们具体日期吗?还有这个活动的概况,谁应该参加,以及人们如何了解相关信息?
Can you give us a date and give us an overview of what this is about, who should go, how people can can find out about it, etcetera?
是的
Yeah.
当然
Definitely.
所以,你知道,我和尼克聊过,因为我们在这里日本算是亚马逊的搭档。
So, you know, Nick and I were talking because, you know, we're kind of like Amazon buddies here in Japan.
而且,尼克给了我很多帮助。
And, you know, Nick has helped me a lot.
我觉得如果像我这样的人能做到,那其他人也一定可以——我不会说日语,而且亚马逊日本卖家中心也有英文界面。
And I think if someone like me can do it, even I I don't speak Japanese and, know, even Amazon Seller Central in Japan has English.
所以你根本不需要懂日语就能操作卖家中心。
So you don't even need Japanese language to navigate Seller Central.
因此我认为现在这是一个绝佳的机会,所以我正在筹备这场会议。
So I think that's why I think it's a great opportunity right now, and I'm putting together this conference.
这基本上是日本历史上首次举办的亚马逊销售大会,以前从来没人做过。
I mean, it's the basically, the first ever Amazon selling conference held in Japan, and nobody's ever done this before.
而且它将在四月举行,四月。
And it's gonna be in April, April.
这是一场在东京举行的为期两天的线下活动。
It's a two day in person event in Tokyo.
它将为期整整两天,届时会有八位数销售额的卖家和像尼克这样的七位数销售额卖家分享经验。
And, it'll be two full days with talks from 8 figure sellers selling in Japan, 7 figure sellers like Nick.
我们还谈到了进口代理的问题。
And, you know, we talked about an import of record.
我们会有一位正规的日本进口代理,为数百位卖家提供服务。
We'll have a legit Japanese import of record working with hundreds of sellers.
所以,你可以问我。
So, you know, they can ask me.
他们可以回答你关于这方面的任何问题,并且会在现场与你面对面交流。
They can answer any question you have about that, and they'll be in the room with you.
我们还会邀请合规测试专家,解答你关于熟食板等产品的具体测试要求。
We'll have compliance testing experts to answer your questions about charcuterie boards, you know, what kind of exact tests you need.
我们会拥有日本本地化专家。
We'll have, you know, Japanese localization experts.
我们会拥有从A到Z的全套资源。
We'll have, you know, basically, a to z.
每个人,比如PPC专家、SEO专家,还有像尼克这样的人。
Everybody, you know, PPC experts, SEO experts, and, you know, people like Nick.
对吧?
Right?
那些有过实际经验的人。
People that have done it before.
我们甚至还没谈到在日本的外部营销。
You know, we didn't even talk about, like, external marketing in Japan.
我的意思是,Facebook在日本并不流行。
I mean, like, Facebook isn't very popular.
还有一种日本本土的营销平台,卖家们用它来建立受众、获取更多评价,用于产品发布。
There's, you know, another Japanese native, you know, marketing platform that, you know, sellers are using to build an audience, you know, to to get more reviews, right, to launch to.
对吧?
Right?
还有很多关于日本的独特策略,你知道的。
There's all these unique strategies, know, about Japan.
所以我们才举办了这个活动。
So that's why we, we created this event.
而且,是的。
And, yeah.
而且我们正在与亚马逊美国和日本方面沟通,他们也正在参与进来。
And and we're we're talking with, with Amazon, both Amazon US and Japan, and, you know, they've they're getting involved.
他们将派亚马逊广告部门的人从西雅图飞到东京,亲自来为大家授课。
They're sending someone from their Amazon ads department to fly all the way from Seattle to Tokyo to teach everybody here.
所以我认为这将是一场很棒的活动,是同类中的首次。
And then so I think it's it's gonna be an awesome event, first one of its kind.
如果你真的——我的意思是,如果你已经在亚马逊美国销售,或者已经在亚马逊欧洲销售,想进入日本市场,你知道,你可以沿用你的评价。
And if you really I mean, if you're already selling in Amazon US, if you are already selling in Amazon EU, if you wanna sell into Japan, you know, you can carry over your reviews.
我觉得,尼克其实没提到这一点。
I think, I don't think Nick actually mentioned this.
这是其中一个非常重要的卖点。
This is, one of the the big, you know, big selling points.
对吧?
Right?
如果你的商品在美國有2000條評論,你可以直接把這些評論遷移到日本。
If you have like, your listing has, like, you know, 2,000 reviews in The US, you can bring that over into Japan instantly.
而且,從第一天開始,即使你沒有銷售記錄,你的商品也已經有2000條評論了。
And, you know, from day one, zero sales history, your listing has 2,000 reviews.
对吧?
Right?
而且,日本的評論門檻遠低於美國和歐洲。
And then the reviews threshold in Japan is a lot lower than it is in The US and EU.
所以從第一天起,你就會佔據優勢。
So you'll you know, from day one, you'll be at an advantage.
这意味着,你的广告点击成本更低,而且已经有了社交证明。
And that means, you know, lower PPC cost, you have the social proof.
所以你能一上来就快速起步。
So you're gonna, you know, hit the ground running.
所以我们觉得,现在在日本是个绝佳的机会。
So we think, you know, it's a great opportunity right now in Japan.
而且,我们除了会议之外,晚上还有一些很酷的活动。
And, you know, we also have some cool stuff, you know, beyond just the conference, like in the evening.
活动时间正好赶上樱花季。
It's gonna be during the the sakura, the cherry blossom season.
所以,布拉德利,我相信你对这个非常熟悉。
So I'm sure, Bradley, you're very familiar with this.
你知道,在东京,下班后,上班族们有个传统,就是晚上到公园里樱花树下喝酒。
You know, in in Tokyo, you know, after work, like, it's kind of like a custom for, like, salary men, salary women to go to the local park underneath the cherry blossom trees at night and go drinking.
我们将提供这种独一无二的日本体验,世界上其他地方都找不到。
So we're gonna deliver this experience Japan experience you can't get anywhere else in the world.
而且只在四月。
And only in April.
这可不是你随时都能去日本体验的事情。
This is it's not like you can go anytime of the year in Japan to do this.
对。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
我的意思是,可能只有几周的时间窗口。
I mean, I think there's maybe just a few week window.
所以我们把会议安排在这个时间段。
So, you know, we timed the conference to coincide with that.
这将是一场在东京公园里的樱花社交之夜。
So 's gonna be a cherry blossom, you know, social night out in a Tokyo park.
我们会提供日本清酒、威士忌、寿司、便当,享受美好时光,这样你不仅能与其他卖家、其他演讲者交流,还能体验到世界上其他地方都无法获得的日本文化。
We'll have Japanese sake, whiskeys, you know, sushi, bento boxes, good times, and that way you can, you know, both talk to other sellers, you know, other speakers and get a flavor for Japanese culture that, you know, is you can't get anywhere else in the world.
所以我们花了很多时间和心思来策划这件事,我们希望邀请那些认真打算在日本销售产品的卖家,四月来东京和我们一同参加。
So, you know, we're we put a lot of planning, a lot of thought into this, and, you know, we hope to to invite sellers, you know, that are serious about selling in Japan to to join us in April in Tokyo.
太棒了。
Awesome.
各位,如果想了解更多信息,请访问 h10.me/japan。
So, guys, if you want more information, go to h10.me/japan.
这会带你跳转到网站 h10.me/japan。
That'll take you to the website h10.me/japan.
还有,尼克,目前去日本的情况怎么样?
And and just, you know, Nick, what is what is the current situation about getting to Japan?
显然,日本是全球最后一批开放旅游的国家之一。
Obviously, Japan was one of the last countries in the world to to finally open up to tourism.
我几个月前刚去过那里。
I just went there a couple months ago.
我记不清当时需要做些什么了。
I I'm I'm I already forgot what I had to do.
也没发生什么大事。
It wasn't like anything major.
我知道我不需要隔离什么的,但那和五年前完全不同,那时候我只要到机场出示护照就能顺利通行。
I know I didn't have to quarantine or anything, but I it wasn't like five years ago where I could just, you know, show up at the airport and show them my passport and then I'm good to go.
现在有一些入境要求,但今年二月、三月、四月的情况是怎样的呢?
Like, there is a couple of of entry requirements, but how how is it now in in in, you know, February, March, April?
现在情况怎么样?
What what what's the situation?
我大约三个半月前刚和家人一起返回日本,我妻子和我们四岁的儿子。
I actually just returned to Japan about three and a half weeks ago with my family, so my wife and I and our four year old son.
基本上,我说的这些可能会变,因为情况变化很快。
Basically I mean, this could change because this is changing rapidly.
日本移民局会核实你是否已完成疫苗接种。
The government the Japanese immigration wants to check to make sure you're vaccinated.
所以现在有个在线系统,好的。
So there's this online Okay.
你需要访问一个网站来上传你的疫苗接种证明。
Website that you have to go through to upload, I think your your vaccination form.
之后,你就会在手机上收到一个二维码。
And then after that, you just get a QR code on your phone.
所以,一旦你抵达东京机场,就得出示这个二维码,然后才能通过海关。
So once you enter once you land in, like, Tokyo, the airport, you have to, like, show them that code and then you go through customs.
所以,整个过程会花点时间,朋友们。
So it is gonna take a little longer, guys.
我不知道布拉德利你进来的时候是什么情况,但当时排了很长的队。
I don't know with Bradley when you came in, but there was a long line.
我那些最近几周才来的朋友,机场也排了很长的队。
With my friends that came, you know, just the last couple weeks, there was a long line at the airport.
但除此之外,一旦你通过了,那就完事了。
But beyond that, once you get through, I mean, that's it.
也就是说,不需要隔离。
I mean, there's no quarantine.
里面什么都没有,是的。
There's nothing in yeah.
我的意思是,人们走在街上还是戴口罩,但如果你在咖啡馆坐下来,大家就只是在工作。
I mean, people still wear masks on the street, but, you know, if you sit down in a cafe, you know, everyone's just, like, you know, just working.
他们和朋友聊天,就跟往常一样。
They're talking with their friends just like as normal.
所以根本没有任何隔离措施。
So there's there's no quarantine at all.
酷。
Cool.
酷。
Cool.
而且,各位,就是说,是的。
And, guys, just yeah.
我想我们之前可能提到过,但现在的汇率简直太离谱了。
I think we might have alluded it earlier, but the exchange rate is insane right now.
比如,几周前我去日本的时候,我记得在过去三十年里,可能从来没有像现在这样便宜过,当时我正在做我目前的
Like, when I went to Japan a few weeks ago, like, I don't remember in the last thirty years, probably, it being that cheap for me, like, when I was just doing my my current
从来没有这么低过。
It hasn't been that low.
我当时就想,我是不是身处某个你本来以为会比较便宜的国家?
I was just like, what am I like in, you know, like in one of these countries that you would think is, like, you know, a cheaper one?
因为通常我们认为日本是那种更贵的国家,什么都很贵,但当时我发现,出租车、火车、自动售货机,所有东西都。
Because, you know, I think we we we usually think Japan is like, oh, it's more expensive and everything, but I was like, taxis and trains and the vending machines, like, everything.
我觉得这太便宜了。
I was like, this is so cheap.
每当我用货币计算器时,都觉得这太疯狂了。
Whenever I use my currency calculator, was like, this is crazy.
所以,朋友们,现在绝对是去日本的好时机。
So, guys, this is a a great time to, go to Japan for sure.
现在我们彻底换个话题,但这是我在2023年问过我们几乎所有嘉宾的一个新问题:我们都身处电商行业,而有时候,我们需要一些方式来让自己从电商中抽离出来,无论是爱好、饮食、锻炼,还是其他能保持身心健康的方式。
Now, completely switching gears here, but this is something I've been asking a lot of our guests, if not all the guests here in 2023, something new, is just, you know, we're all in the ecommerce world, and and it's important that sometimes we have, like, outlets to to kind of, like, you know, unplug ourselves from ecommerce, whether it's hobbies, whether it's diet, exercise, something to stay healthy, you know, healthy mind, healthy body.
你们俩都住在日本。
You both of you live in Japan.
跟我聊聊你们的习惯。
Talk to me about your habits.
你们在日本平时都做些什么消遣?
Like, you guys do you what do you do for fun over there in Japan?
你们怎么保持健康?
What do you do to stay to stay fit?
我觉得我的体重可能都赶上你们俩加起来了。
I think, like, my weight is probably both of you guys combined.
显然,你们比我做得好多了。
So obviously, you guys are doing something better than than me.
我现在已经超过以前当相扑选手时的体重了。
I'm beyond my former sumo weight now.
不过,你们先说吧。
But anyways, go ahead.
你难道不觉得我主动联系过吗?
You don't think I reached out?
我最近确实有点懈怠了,朋友们,因为三周前我们全家刚搬了家,一直在找公寓。
I've I've actually been slacking guys because I literally like, three weeks ago, we just moved our whole family, so we've been apartment hunting.
我怎么保持健康呢?
What do I do to stay fit?
我的意思是,以前住在冲绳的时候,我有很多空闲时间。
I mean, back when I lived in Okinawa, I had downtime.
我会去跑步,甚至还会去冲绳的海边浮潜。
I would go running and I would go, like, I would even go, like, you know, snorkeling in in Okay.
在海滩上。
On the beach.
但在东京,我连去正规健身房的时间都抽不出来,所以我也不能……
But, yeah, in Tokyo, I I can't even find time to go to a proper gym, so I, I can't
不过,你真的有爱好吗?
really Hobby hobby though?
不一定非得跟健身有关。
It doesn't have to be about fitness.
爱好啊,我其实正在学日语,我有个好朋友,我就问他,你是怎么学日语的?
Hobby, I'm actually I'm learning Japanese and one of my good friends, I, you know, asked him how do you learn Japanese?
他说,看电视。
He's like, watch TV.
所以我现在一直在看Netflix上的日剧,比如《深夜食堂》之类的,还有那些居酒屋的节目,嗯哼。
So I'm watching like I'm binging on like Netflix Japanese, like, you know, like Midnight Diner, like all those, like, you know, those, like, like, izakaya Mhmm.
就是那种美食节目,这现在就是我的日常。
Like, food shows that that that's me right now.
太棒了。
Love it.
太棒了。
Love it.
尼克,你呢?
Nick, what about you?
我经常去健身房。
I I I go to the gym a lot.
我五点起床。
I get up at five.
我去健身房,回来后带狗去公园散步,九点前就已经在办公室了。
I go to the gym, come back, take my dog for a walk at the park, and I'm still in the office by nine.
所以我每周去五次健身房,还会玩风筝冲浪。
So I go to the gym about five times a week, and and I kiteboard.
大家都认识我。
Everybody knows me.
我一直在风筝冲浪行业里。
I've I've been in the kiteboarding industry.
我很多年没在街头了,但周末还是会玩风筝冲浪。
I wasn't in the street for many years, and I still kite on the weekends.
所以,是的,我想我算是挺活跃的。
So, yeah, I'm I'm fairly active, I guess.
酷。
Cool.
好吧。
Alright.
各位,记住。
Guys, remember
你得像我这么大的年纪。
You have to be at my age.
无论你们在全球哪个地方听这个节目,无论是在日本、美国,还是廷巴克图,都要找一个爱好,各位。
Wherever you're listening to this in the world, whether you're in Japan, America, Timbuktu, have find a hobby, guys.
别做那种每天坐在电脑前十六个小时,整天只顾着优化你们的听觉体验的人。
Don't don't don't be that person who who just sits in front of their computer sixteen hours a day and and, you know, optimizes your listening, you know, all day long.
你们必须有一些事情,能让你从工作中抽身出来。
You you gotta have something to kind of, like, unplug yourself from from work.
所以,你知道的,心理健康和身体健康一样重要。
And so, you know, mental health is is important as as as is physical health.
所以找些爱好吧,看看你会在其中发现什么,加里,你在东京。
So get some, get some hobbies and and, you know, look forward to see what you you're gonna find there, Gary in, in Tokyo.
那个区域 definitely 有很多事情可做。
There's definitely a lot, definitely a lot to do, in that in that area.
好了,各位。
Alright, guys.
我不确定我能不能赶得上。
Well, I I I'm not sure yet if I can I'm going to make it.
我实际上打算在四月或五月期间在日本待一个月。
I'm actually gonna be spending a month in Japan sometime in April or May.
我只是不确定我能不能赶得上这场活动的早期阶段。
I'm just not sure if I can make it that early to this show.
我会带上我的家人,还有我的父母。
I'm I'm gonna take my family, take my parents as well.
但说实话,目前我参加这场日本会议的可能性是五五开,如果你们去的话,说不定能见到我。
But, know, I'd say that right now, there's a fifty fifty chance you guys if you guys go to the this conference in Japan, you might see me there.
但不管我去不去,我强烈推荐你们去了解一下,因为正如我们在节目中讨论过的,日本的机会正成熟,但这种情况不会永远持续下去,各位。
But regardless if I go or not, I I highly recommend, checking this out because, you know, as we've talked about on this show, you know, opportunity in Japan is ripe, and, it's not gonna be like that forever, guys.
你知道的,就像任何市场成熟后一样,未来会变得越来越难。
You know, it's it's it's gonna get harder just like any marketplace does as it matures.
所以现在是进入这个领域的好时机。
So it's a great time to to get into it.
因此,你们可以去参加这个会议,快速了解在那里取得成功所需的东西。
And so, you know, check out this conference and so you can, you know, kind of, like, have a crash course in in learning what is needed to be successful there.
在我们结束之前,你们俩还有什么最后的建议吗?
So any last words of wisdom from either of you before we go?
我认为,布拉德利,你刚才说的很对。
I think, Bradley, what you said.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我们是第一批进入者。
I mean, we're, like, we're the first movers.
我的意思是,与世界其他地区相比,日本的卖家太少了。
I mean, there's so few sellers in Japan compared to the rest of the world.
我的意思是,没人这么做,人们告诉我,他们之所以来,是因为在网上根本找不到这些东西,伙计们。
I mean and nobody's I mean, people have told me, like, they're coming because they can't find this stuff online, guys.
他们已经花了好几个月时间寻找你们需要的每一个合作伙伴,比如进口代理、合规测试机构、本地化专家、其他卖家,还有志同道合的创业者,他们都会在那里。
They're they've been spending months in every single partner that you need, like the IOR, the compliance testing, localization experts, other sellers, they're all gonna be there and then like minded entrepreneurs.
所以我认为,这将会非常关键。
So I think, you know, that's gonna be huge.
我认为另一点是我们希望布拉德利能来。
And I think the other thing is, we hope that Bradley can come.
我听说你以跳尊巴舞课程之类的事情而出名。
I hear you're famous for doing, like, some Zumba, like, class or something.
我们非常希望能在东京看到这样的活动。
Well, we would love to have that here in Tokyo.
那太棒了。
That would be amazing.
也许我们可以在樱花下进行,你知道的。
Maybe we can do it, you know, under the the cherry blossoms.
我的意思是,那将会成为一种病毒式传播的
I mean, that that will be like a viral thing on
尊巴。
Zumba.
把这个片段剪辑到视频里。
Put on a edit into this video.
十五年前,我确实举办过一场尊巴大师课巡演,走遍日本,还在东京的街头组织过一次快闪活动。
Fifteen years ago, I actually did a I I I did, like, a master class tour of Zumba in Japan, and I did a a flash mob on the streets of Tokyo there.
你看,就是这样。
There you go.
所以亚马逊卖家快闪
So Amazon seller flash
快闪活动。
mob.
太棒了,老兄。
Too, man.
咱们就这么干吧。
Let's let's do go.
2023年。
2023.
咱们就这么办。
Let's do it.
好的。
Alright.
那也许我在日本能见到你们,非常感谢你们分享这些经验。
Well, So maybe I'll see you guys in Japan, and thank you so much for lending your knowledge.
我希望你们在所有事情上都能成功,我也相信这次大会一定会非常成功。
And I hope I hope, you know, you guys have success in all you do, and and and I hope this con I know this conference will be be successful.
所以,希望我在那里能见到你们。
So hopefully, I'll see you there.
好的。
Alright.
非常感谢你,布拉德。
Thanks so much, Brad.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。