本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
只需每月6英镑,您就可以提前获取无广告的剧集。
For just £6 a month, you can get early access to ad free episodes.
现在立即畅享这些完整的冒险故事吧。
Now just binge those full adventures immediately.
这还只是冰山一角。
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
更多内容请访问 patreon.com forward /sherlockandco。
There's so much more over at patreon.com forward /sherlockandco.
每月只需6英镑。
Just £6 a month.
6英镑。
£6.
是的。
Yeah.
这比在希思罗机场停车29分钟还便宜。
That is cheaper than parking at Heathrow for twenty nine minutes.
你知道吗?
Do you know that?
是的。
Yeah.
在希思罗停车场停29分钟,还是加入夏洛克和公司会员俱乐部?
Twenty nine minutes in a Heathrow car park or Sherlock and co members club.
你来决定。
You decide.
Patreon.com forward /sherlockandco。
Patreon.com forward /sherlockandco.
上期回顾:夏洛克和公司。
Previously on Sherlock and Co.
这是莫德。
This is Maude.
哦,你是来度假的吗?
Oh, you're visiting on holiday?
不。
No.
她不是。
She's not.
不。
No.
我是。
I'm
不是。
not.
那是什么事让你跨越边境来到大城市呢?
So what brings you across the border down to the big smoke?
跨过大海又跨过边境?
Across the sea and across the border?
我的未婚夫去世了。
My fiance is dead.
我叫莫德·埃尔塞斯·贝拉米。
My name is Maude Elspeth Bellamy.
我20岁,住在法拉拉。
I'm 20, and I live on Fjallra.
法拉拉?
Fjarra?
哇哦。
Wow.
法拉拉?
Fjarra?
是的。
Aye.
所以法拉拉是奥克尼和设得兰之间的一个小岛,非常靠北。
So Fjarra is a wee island between Orkney and Shetland, very north.
大家基本上都互相认识。
Everybody kind of knows everybody.
事情有点乱成一团,你知道的?
Things tangled together a wee bit, you know?
流言、丑闻和闲话的庞大触角,会在所有人之间蔓延。
Big tentacles of gossip and scandal and chatter can kind of run between everybody.
好吧,我的未婚夫是哈里斯·斯塔克赫斯特,比我大六岁。
Okay, so my fiance is Harris Stackhurst, six years older than me.
他为我爸爸和哥哥工作。
He worked for my dad and brother.
我接到一个电话,发现他的船在海上很远的地方,他死在里面了。
I got a call, found his boat, way out at sea, and he was in it, dead.
我望进船里,他就躺在那里,浑身是伤。
I looked in the boat and there he was, bloody bruised.
他的潜水服全撕烂了,皮肤上布满这些深紫色的条痕,像是被鞭打过又烧过一样。
Wetsuit was all torn, his skin, it was like these thick purple lashes against them, like he'd been whipped and burned.
皮肤肿胀发炎,长出巨大的水泡和脓疮,不断渗出脓血,实在太可怕了。
It was swollen and inflamed, these giant wells and blisters leaking with pus and blood, and it was just it was awful.
他已经开始在船身上刻一条消息。
He had started to engrave a message on the side of the boat.
上面写了什么?
What did it say?
狮子。
Lion.
狮子。
Lion.
你认为这是谋杀吗,莫德?
Do you believe it to be murder, Mord?
他从十岁就开始潜水了。
He'd been scuba diving since he was 10.
这绝对不是意外。
This ain't no accident.
北海的这一片区域,
This part of the North Sea,
他们称之为维京浅滩。
they call it the Viking Bank.
这些是古老的山丘和山脉,或许曾经有人居住过。
Ancient hills and mountains that may have even held people once upon a
时间,被海水淹没。
time, swarmed by the sea.
看。
Look.
哇。
Wow.
哇。
Wow.
什么?
What?
你好。
Hi.
天哪。
Oh, my word.
这真是非同寻常。
That is something.
欢迎来到法拉。
Welcome to Fjallra.
嘿,破案高手们。
Hey, crime solvers.
欢迎回到《狮子鬃毛》的冒险之旅。
Welcome back to the adventure of the lion's mane.
请就座,系好安全带,把贵重物品放进这个包里,手脚都放在车内,还有,别吐了。
Please take a seat, put your seat belt on, put any valuables in this bag, arms and legs inside the vehicle, and, yeah, don't throw up.
好吧,我们到了。
Well, here we are.
这里很温馨。
It's very homely.
很有特色,带点复古风格,但 probably 很受游客欢迎。
Character, sort of vintage look to it, but probably a real hit with the tourists.
我们说自己是什么身份?
What do we say we are?
我感觉他们不太欢迎访客。
I sense they don't take too kindly to visitors.
是来办事的吗?
Here on business?
我喜欢这个地方。
I like it.
我也是。
Me too.
在狮子鬃毛乐园。
In Lions Mane Eden.
准备进去了吗?
Ready to go in?
您先请。
After you.
这些包我可以提,真的没关系。
I can carry these bags, honestly.
这没什么问题。
It's no it's no problem.
你打算住下吗
You're staying
多久?
long?
我还没完全决定。
I haven't quite decided yet.
看看情况如何发展吧,但我预计我们每天都会早起。
See how things pan out, but we'll be up early each day, I expect.
为什么?
Why?
你来这里是为了什么?
What are you here
做什么?
for?
只是公事。
Just business matters.
但每天一大早就起来,是吗?
But early every morning, is it?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
有点儿去办点私事的意思。
Going to see a man about a dog sort of thing.
哦。
Oh.
那你就保留你的秘密吧。
Keep your secrets then.
一个关于狗的人。
A man about a dog.
这是一种表达方式。
It's an expression.
一种英国式的说法。
Something British thing.
对你的事情含糊其辞。
Being vague about your business.
你知道为什么这家酒吧叫‘雄狮鬃毛’吗?
Do you know why the pub's called the lion's mane?
我不知道。
I don't.
你真的确定不需要我们帮你拿行李吗?
Are you sure you don't want us to carry our bags?
很久以前,这个岛上流传的一个传说变成了科学事实。
Long ago, a myth for people on this island became a fact of science.
人们曾谈论过莱昂,一种像猫一样的野兽,会横跨大陆,直到有一天,费拉的一位年轻女士汉纳姆自诩为专家,对一切神秘事物持怀疑态度。
They used to speak of the Leon, a cat like beast that would stalk across the mainlands until one day, Hanham, a young lady of Fjera, fancied himself as a wee bit of an expert, a skeptic of all things mystical.
我懂这种人。
I know the sort.
你为什么盯着我看?
Why are you looking at me?
他挑战岛民证明这个神话生物确实存在。
He challenged the islanders to prove this mythical creature existed.
于是,在十二月,海湾的比约格恩启航,经过将近两年,他回来了。
So in December, Bjorgyn of the cove set sail, and after nearly two years, he came back.
他驶入富尔沃思湾,把货物拖上岸,放在汉纳姆脚边的一头狮子尸体旁。
He sailed into the Fulworth Bay, pulled his cargo up the banks and through the body of a lion doing at the feet of Hannam.
就在这片地方,一个传说破灭了,一个传奇诞生了,这家酒吧也因此得名。
At this very spot, a myth shattered, a legend born, and a pub found it.
这是你的房间。
Here's your room.
哦,我喜欢这个。
Oh, I like it.
我是说这个故事。
The story, I mean.
是的。
Yeah.
太酷了。
Very cool.
很不错。
Very nice.
房间令人满意。
Room is satisfactory.
和故事不同,这是真实存在的。
And unlike the story, very much real.
狮子是真实存在的,伙计。
Lions are real, mate.
这正是这个故事的用意。
That was the point of the story.
你睡觉前需要点什么吗?
Would you be wanting anything before you go to bed?
在楼下酒吧的桌子旁,我们要见一个人。
At the table in the pub downstairs, We're meeting somebody.
我这就去给你准备好。
I'll get that set for you.
我们要见谁?
Who are we meeting?
我们要去跟人谈一具尸体的事。
We're going to see a man about a corpse.
哦,太好了。
Oh, lovely.
哦,一个不错的昏暗酒吧。
Oh, a nice dark pub.
这正是我喜欢的地方。
It's my kind of place.
是的。
Yeah.
我喜欢墙上的壁画。
I like I like the murals on the walls.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
让我给听众们简单介绍一下这里的情况。
Let me just give the listeners the rundown in here.
是的。
Yeah.
所以,在狮子主酒吧,光线很暗,天花板很低。
So in the Lion's Main Inn, pretty dark, low ceilings.
吧台后面摆着一些正宗的艾尔啤酒。
Looks like some proper ales behind the bark.
我可不想陷进去,得跟你们说清楚。
I don't have to get stuck into them, let me tell you.
墙上的壁画挺吓人的,到处都是神话生物、维京人和长船。
Then the murals, creepy stuff, lots of mythical creatures and vikings and longboats all over the walls.
周围散落着几张桌子,蜡烛在燃烧,没有电视之类的东西,还有一个男人正盯着我们。
A few tables dotted around, candles burning, no TV or anything, and bloke staring at us.
晚上好。
Good evening.
您一定是巴尔探长。
You must be Inspector Ball.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯?
Sherlock Holmes?
是的。
Yes.
没错。
That's right.
很高兴见到你,巴尔警官。
Good to meet you, inspector Bale.
请叫我弗格斯。
Call me Fergus, please.
弗格斯,这位是华生医生和哈德森夫人。
Fergus, this is doctor Watson and missus Hudson.
嗨。
Hi.
你好吗?
How are you?
弗格斯·巴尔来自高地与群岛警察局。
Fergus Bale is of the Highlands and Islands Constabulary.
他在发现哈里斯·斯塔克赫斯特的尸体后被派到这里。
He was dispatched here following the discovery of Harris Stackhurst's body.
哦,好吧。
Oh, okay.
这说得通。
That makes sense.
我还以为你突然认识了一些菲奥尔的当地人呢。
Thought you suddenly knew some Fiorer locals.
不。
No.
我绝对不是当地人,我在逗留期间他们已经明确表达得很清楚了。
I'm certainly not a local as they have made very clear during my stay.
弗格斯,跟我们说说你对这个案件所知道的一切,最重要的是你的感受。
Fergus, tell us everything you know and most importantly, feel about this case.
当然。
Certainly.
既然今晚你们都在,不如和我一起尝尝这道当地特色美食。
Well, seeing as this evening, you can join me in the local delicacy.
哦,这酒够烈的。
Oh, that's strong.
这真是烈性威士忌。
That's strong whiskey.
不过口感很顺滑。
That It's smooth, though.
我觉得这酒相当顺滑。
I'd I'd say that's quite smooth.
感觉喉咙像着了火一样。
Feel like my throat is on fire.
我给自己买了几瓶带回去。
Got myself a couple of bottles of this to take back.
华生,你觉得呢?
What do you think, Watson?
我们买一首莉奥娜的歌吧?
Shall we purchase some Leona's song?
莉奥娜的歌?
Leona's song?
是的。
Yeah.
好。
Good.
好主意。
Good idea.
好主意。
Good idea.
哦,我的眼睛流泪了。
Oh, my eyes are watering.
是好事。
In a good way.
好的方式。
Good way.
莱奥娜。
Laona.
那是苏格兰的,对吧?
That's Scottish, right?
苏格兰盖尔语?
Scottish Gaelic?
不是。
No.
这是一个本地词汇。
It's a local word.
一种神话生物之类的东西。
A mythological creature type thing.
有些人叫她海之女妖。
Bitch of the sea, some people call her.
不错。
Nice.
你可以在那里看到她。
You can see her on there.
在墙上,
On the walls,
那些壁画上。
the murals.
所以她是一种海洋生物。
So she's like a a sea creature.
她也在瓶子上,看起来像一只性感的章鱼。
She's on the bottle too, so it looks like a sexy octopus.
别让他们听到你这样谈论莱奥娜,小心点。
Don't let them hear you talk of Lyona like that, mind.
哦,他们对海洋非常认真,
Oh, they take the sea very seriously,
这是他们岛屿整个生态系统的一部分。
It's the whole ecosystem of their island.
还有贝拉米的藤壶,他们说,如果你带着愧疚之心启航,莉奥娜就会召唤你。
That and Bellamy's barnacles They say that if you set sail with guilt in your heart, Leona will call you over.
就像塞壬一样。
Like a siren.
或者美人鱼。
Or a mermaid.
没错。
That's right.
你会在水中看到一位美丽女子的面容。
You see the face of a beautiful woman in the water.
苍白如幽灵,翠绿的眼睛,浓密的黑发。
Ghostly white, lush green eyes, thick black hair.
至少你以为那是
At least you think it's
头发。
hair.
那那是什么?
What what is it?
长长的黑色触手。
Long black tentacles.
它们从水中蜿蜒而出,比船桅还高,把你拖入水中。
They come writhing out of the water, reaching higher than a ship's mast, and pull you under.
她像蜘蛛裹住苍蝇一样把你裹住,然后把你粘在海底。
She wraps you up like a spider does a fly, and sticks you to the bottom of the sea.
她听起来挺不错的。
She sounds nice.
看来那些水域下已经有很多值得害怕的东西了。
It would seem there is plenty to fear under those waters already.
不需要什么神话或传说。
No need for myth or legend.
在这儿。
Here.
什么?
What?
这是我们找到哈里森的船的照片。
Picture of the boat we found Harrison.
是的。
Yes.
我们知道这个。
We know this.
知道什么?
Know what?
哦,该死。
Oh, crap.
什么?
What?
伊奥娜,I o n。
Iona, l I o n.
天哪。
Oh my god.
那就是哈里斯在船上刻下的字。
That's what Harris scratched into the boat.
你去跟岛民说她现在只是个吸毒者试试看。
Try telling the islanders she's just a meth now.
警官,您说过当地人没让您感到受欢迎。
Inspector, you said the locals haven't made you feel welcome.
他们在故意刁难您。
They're messing with you.
在他被发现之前,一定有人动过他的船。
Someone must have tampered with his boat before he was found.
莫德也这么说,夏洛克。
Maude said it too, Sherlock.
很高兴遇到像我一样怀疑的人。
Nice to meet someone as skeptical as me.
但你看,我看不到任何谋杀的迹象。
But look, there's no murder I can see.
怎么说?
How so?
我仔细研究过这个案子。
I've looked at this case closely.
明白吗?
Alright?
我努力忽略当地人的说法,只关注我亲眼所见,而不是我听到的。
I try and shout out the locals and focus on what I see, not what I hear.
那你看到了什么?
And what do you see?
我看到的是马提尼效应,氮气麻醉。
I see the Martini effect, nitrogen narcosis.
他皮肤上的痕迹,潜水服的撕裂。
The marks on his skin, the tearing of his wetsuit.
听着,这小伙子几乎每晚都去潜水。
Look, the lad was scuba diving damn near every night.
他睡不好觉,一直在吸入这种物质,不断压缩和减压,这会让人神志不清。
He's not getting sleep, he's breathing in this stuff, constantly compressing, decompressing, it sends you night.
问问任何有经验的潜水员吧,对吧?
Ask any accomplished diver, right?
但他怎么会变成这样?
But how did he end up like that?
他的潜水服,还有他身体撞在船头上的痕迹。
His wetsuit, his skin on the bow.
马提尼效应。
The Martini effect.
抱歉打断一下。
And sorry to interrupt.
那到底是什么?
What is that exactly?
潜水员在呼吸装置中吸入极高浓度的氮气。
Divers consume very dense concentrations of nitrogen as part of their breathing apparatus.
体内氮气过多会影响神经系统,就像空腹喝了一杯马提尼一样,人们这么说。
Too much nitrogen in the body can affect the nervous system, like having a martini on an empty stomach, they say.
但如果你下潜得足够深、时间足够长,这种微醺的愉悦感就会演变为思维模糊、烦躁不安,甚至精神错乱。
But go deep enough for long enough, and that tipsy euphoria turns to fuzzy thinking, exasperation, and derangement.
没错。
Exactly.
但他每晚在那里做什么?
But what was he doing out there every night?
我的意思是,在北海的漆黑一片中游泳。
I mean, swimming in pitch black in the North Sea.
听起来简直像地狱一样。
It sounds like hell.
他可能从中获得快感。
He's probably getting off on it.
正如你的人所说,那种欣快感。
As your man says, euphoria.
有更容易的方式能让人上瘾。
There are easier ways to get high.
被人视为浪荡子,还要面对这个岛上的评判。
Be seen as a waster and face the judgment of this island.
不。
Nah.
我想见见他。
I'd like to see him.
见哈里斯?
To see Harris?
是的。
Yes.
今晚。
Tonight.
在你离开之前。
Before you leave.
他们
They
岛上网络不太好。
don't have much internet on the island.
他们只有一条路。
They've got one road.
他们几乎全靠海底管道输送燃气和其他各种物资。
They've just about got gas and all sorts pumped to them from undersea pipes.
他们没有足球队,没有电影院,也没有超市,但如果你想找一个能暂时存放尸体的地方
They don't have a football team or a cinema or a supermarket, but if you want a place to be able to store a corpse before burial
一个鱼舱冷冻库。
A fish freezer.
Fiara就是那个
Fiara is that
地方,整个岛都是这种地方。
place, whole island full of them.
这位殡葬师给自己买了一些。
This funeral director bought some for himself.
地下室里全是这种东西。
Whole basement of them.
哈里斯在因弗内斯做完尸检后被送回这里。
Harris has been sent back here after his post mortem in Inverness.
他几天后就要下葬了。
He's getting buried in a few days.
啊,到了。
Ah, here we are.
哦,天哪。
Oh, wow.
天啊
Man,
这太残酷了。
That's brutal.
你看到了什么,夏洛克?
What do you see, Sherlock?
他刻了那些字母。
He did carve the letters.
莉奥娜,他确实刻了。
Leona, he actually did.
嗯,他刻的是 L I O N。
Well, he did l I o n.
我不愿扫兴,但这拼不出来 Lyona。
I don't wish to disappoint, but that does not spell Lyona.
没错。
No.
不过还挺接近的,伙计。
Pretty close, though, mate.
你怎么能确定是他刻的?
How can you tell he carved it?
他的指甲下面有非常细小的木头碎屑。
There's very fine fractures of wood under his fingernails here.
他是右撇子,但用了左手。
He was right handed, but he used his left.
右臂。
Right arm.
肯定断了或者受伤了。
Must be broken or wounded somehow.
脱臼了?
Out of its socket?
肩膀?
Shoulder?
不。
No.
它已经回去了。
It's it's back in.
他可能是自己弄回去的。
He probably did it himself.
肩袖那里有些下陷。
Got some sinking by the rotator cuff.
是的。
Yeah.
还有那种咯吱声。
And there's that that crunch.
所以他在发生那件事之后把肩膀复位了。
So he's put that back in after whatever happened happened.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
但为什么一个患有潜水诱发精神病的人会把肩膀重新复位呢?
But why would a man in the bout of some sort of scuba induced psychosis put his shoulder back into its socket?
好问题。
Good question.
缺了一颗牙,侧切牙,牙龈里有些干血。
Tooth missing, lateral incisor, some dried blood in the gum.
牙根也一起出来了。
Root has come out with it.
他的口腔健康一向非常好。
Dental health are always very solid.
有意思。
Interesting.
嘴唇上也有淤青。
Bruising on the lip as well.
肿了。
It's puffy.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
是从迪亚维尔的嘴套上来的吗?
From the diaville's mouthpiece?
我不确定。
Not sure about that.
我觉得那是拳头打在他的嘴唇上。
I that's a knuckle, I'd say, landing on his lips.
拳头?
A a knuckle?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
看起来哈里斯刚经历了一场打斗。
It looks like Harris has had a bit of a fight.
不仅被社区排斥,还遭到了攻击。
Not just shunned by the community, but attacked.
现在看起来一点也不像马提尼效应。
Not really looking like the martini effect right now.
更像现在八罐斯泰拉效应的样子。
More like the eight cans of Stellar effect at the moment.
听好,如果
Listen, if
如果你能向我证明他是怎么被谋杀的,我愿意把目前最合理的理论撤回。
you can show me how he was murdered, I'm happy to take the best current thesis off the table.
明白吗?
Alright?
我可以证明给你看,是的。
I can show you, Yes.
但我需要一艘潜水艇。
But I'd need a submersible.
抱歉,你说什么?
Excuse me?
像潜艇那样的?
Like a submarine?
只需要一艘小型的、休闲用的。
Only a small, leisurely one.
这是一份宣传册。
Here's a pamphlet.
我在因弗内斯拿的。
I picked it up in Inverness.
对不起。
Sorry.
私人租用的潜艇,就是那种人们乘坐后失踪并丧命的潜艇。
A private hire submarine, like the ones that people go missing on and die.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
真的吗?
Do they?
你为什么需要一艘潜水器?
Why do you need a submersible?
正如你所说,为了把你目前最好的论文排除在外。
To take your best current thesis off the table, as you said.
你觉得我们什么时候能安排这件事,巴尔探长?
When could we arrange for that, do you think, inspector Baal?
我的意思是,至少得等到周一,但我得补充一下,费用会很高。
I mean, not until at least Monday, but at considerable cost, I might add.
太好了。
Lovely.
这给了我们时间去弄清楚哈里斯到底在做什么,以及为什么他的岛民们如此彻底地反对他。
Gives us time to establish just what Harris was up to, and why, of course, his fellow islanders have turned so thoroughly against him.
我们不能只是拿些钱去租一艘潜水器。
We can't just match up some cash for a submersible hire.
我们来承担。
We'll cover it.
如果我猜得对,你可以退款
If I'm right, you can refund
给我们。
us.
夏洛克?
Sherlock?
巴尔探长,你对自己的理论有足够的信心来接受我的提议吗?
Inspector Bale, are you confident enough in your thesis to take my offer?
是的。
Yeah.
我想也没什么损失,尤其是你来付钱的话。
Suppose it can't hurt, especially if you're paying.
睡得好吗?
Good night's sleep?
是的。
Yeah.
还行。
It was okay.
你呢?
You?
这个岛上风很大,对吧?
It's windy on this island, isn't it?
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我还以为旅馆会被风吹进海里呢。
I thought the inn was gonna get blown into the sea.
牡蛎。
Cockle.
什么?
What?
蛤蜊。
Cockle.
那是什么?
What is that?
这是一种可食用的穴居海洋软体动物,经过腌制。
It's an edible burrowing marine mollusk, and it's pickled.
你刚查了维基百科?
You've been on Wikipedia?
是的。
Yeah.
等等。
Wait.
哦,对。
Oh, yeah.
我们这里有。
We have those.
是的。
Yeah.
我在西班牙看到它们的样子就不喜欢,在这儿我也觉得难看。
I don't like the look of them in Spain, and I don't like the look of them here.
呸。
Ew.
对。
Yeah.
它们看起来确实很糟糕,但味道很好,是好东西。
They look terrible, obviously, but they are good, good stuff.
贝拉米的藤壶,最棒。
Bellamy's barnacles, the best.
早上好。
Morning.
哦,夏洛克。
Oh, Sherlock.
夏洛克。
Sherlock.
我能和你谈谈吗?
Can I I talk to you?
现在不行。
Not right now.
正在做研究。
Doing research.
夏洛克,从大陆租一艘潜艇要三千英镑。
Sherlock, a submarine hire from the Mainland is £3,000.
啊,真不错。
Ah, lovely.
那很不错吗?
Is that lovely?
不。
No.
不。
No.
这并不好。
It's not lovely.
为什么?
Why not?
因为那是一大笔钱。
Because that's a lot of money.
我可以
Can I
参与一下吗?
come in on this?
抱歉。
Sorry.
不好意思。
Excuse me.
齿轮太多了。
It's too many coggles.
抛开钱不说,你租的是艘潜艇。
Money aside, this is a submarine you're hiring.
潜水器?
Submersible?
是的。
Yeah.
随便吧。
Whatever.
所以你是开它在海底到处走?
So you drive it around at the bottom of the sea?
没错。
That's correct.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
不什么?
No what?
不。
No.
绝对不行。
Absolutely not.
为什么不行?
Why not?
因为那太可怕了。
Because that is terrifying.
这是必要的。
It's necessary.
你是说,被困在北海底部的一个小钢筒里一点也不可怕吗?
Are you telling me that being confined into a tiny steel tube at the bottom of the North Sea doesn't scare?
不。
No.
你害怕吗?
Does it scare you?
嗯,是的。
Well, yeah.
为什么?
Why?
你害怕什么?
What are you afraid of?
死亡。
Well, death.
嗯。
Mhmm.
鲨鱼。
Sharks.
非常不可能。
Very unlikely.
性感的致命海洋恶魔,是吗?
Sexy murderous sea demons, apparently?
非常、非常不可能。
Very, very unlikely.
它还有3000磅重。
It's also 3,000 pounds.
我感谢你的关心,但真的没什么好担心的。
I appreciate your concern, but it's really nothing to worry about.
我正在逆向研究海洋学家亚瑟·艾伦的做法。
I'm reverse engineering the practices of Arthur a Allen, the oceanographer.
哦,亚瑟·艾伦,海洋学家。
Oh, Arthur a Allen, oceanographer.
好的。
Alright.
不错。
Cool.
太好了。
Great.
是的。
Yeah.
不错。
Cool.
这怎么能帮到我们呢?
How is that supposed to help us?
在海上失踪的人 notoriously 难以找到。
People that are lost at sea are notoriously difficult to find.
海洋非常广阔。
Oceans are vast.
人非常渺小。
People are tiny.
在艾伦出现并开始处理我将要处理的所有事物之前,情况一直都是这样。
That's how things were until Alan came along and worked with all the things I'm going to work with.
是哪些?
Which is?
数据。
Data.
数据。
Data.
确实如此。
Indeed.
我知道哈里斯被发现的地点、时间和船只。
I know where Harris was found, at what time and in what vessel.
船只。
Vessel.
我知道这艘船的重量,甚至通过病理报告知道他何时受伤,因此我知道他何时登上他的船。
The vessel's weight, I even know when he was wounded thanks to the pathology report, and therefore, I know when he climbed into his boat.
我知道那晚月亮的盈亏状态,以及潮汐的强度。
I know the fullness of the moon that night, the strength of the tides.
我知道风速和天气情况。
I know the wind speed, the weather.
他没有在划船。
He wasn't rowing.
我们还知道,他的肩膀脱臼了。
We know that much as he had dislocated his shoulder.
从那个最终位置倒推,利用这些数据点,输入机器,你就能找到他当晚下沉的地点。
Work backwards from that final location, utilizing those data points, put it in the machine, and you'll find where he descended that night.
那台机器是什么?
And the machine is?
是我。
Me.
很好。
Great.
现在轮到你的任务了。
Now for your task.
好的。
Yep.
继续说。
Go on.
找出
Find out
哈里斯·斯塔克赫斯特每晚在这里做什么。
what Harris Stackhurst was up to out here every night.
以及为什么当地人对此如此不满。
And why the locals were so upset with it.
没错。
Exactly.
好的。
Right.
当然。
Sure.
明白。
Will do.
是,船长。
Aye aye captain.
你确定你不想要一个
You sure you don't want a
蚌蛤?
cockle?
看看这个有多大。
Look at the size of that one.
你真恶心。
You're disgusting.
你是在跟我说话,还是在跟牡蛎说话?
Are you talking to me or the cockle?
嗯,我们在住的狮子主酒吧里跟一些人聊过。
Well, we spoke to some people in the pub we're staying at the Lion's Main.
当然。
Sure.
他们说要去找奥拉夫·斯塔克赫斯特。
And they said to go and see Olaf Starkhurst.
那就是那个苏格兰的
That's is that Scottish
盖尔语?
Gaelic?
冰岛语。
Icelandic.
对。
Right.
太棒了。
Cool.
非常棒。
Very cool.
冰凉。
Ice.
太棒了。
Cool.
谢谢你,奥拉夫。
Thank you, Olaf.
我刚才在你家门口说了,但我真的想再强调一下,我简直难以相信你经历了丧子之痛。
I just I know I said it on your doorstep, but I just want to I almost can't believe what you've had to go through with the passing of your son.
说实话,我对你展现出的坚强感到无比钦佩,你竟能坐在这里和我们交谈。
I am amazed at your strength, quite frankly, and that you can even sit here and talk to us.
如果任何时候你觉得承受不了,请一定要说出来。
And if at any point this is too much, please please just say.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我认为调查的难点在于,斯塔克赫斯特先生,我们实在无法理解哈里斯每晚在那里做什么。
I think where the investigation is struggling, mister Stackhurst, we can't we can't quite understand what Harris was doing out there every night.
您能否为我们提供更多相关信息?
Is that something you would be able to tell us more about?
谁说他每晚都在那里?
Who says he was out there every night?
抱歉?
Sorry?
这个说法具体来自哪里?
Where does that come from exactly?
我想最初是莫德吗?
I I suppose initially Maude?
莫德·贝拉米。
Maude Bellamy.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
这是坏事吗?
Is that a bad thing?
她看起来很不错。
She seems very nice.
贝尔梅一家掌控着这座岛,华生医生。
The Bellamy's run this island, doctor Watson.
你知道这一点,对吧?
You do know that, don't you?
这是一门成功的生意。
It's a successful business.
这是唯一的生意。
It's the only business.
这占了这个地方经济的一半以上,而且几乎涵盖了所有的就业岗位。
It's well over half of the economy of this place, and it's pretty much all the jobs too.
你到底想说什么?
What are you getting at?
我没想暗示什么。
I'm not getting at anything.
我只是提供一些本地背景信息。
I'm just offering some local context.
奥拉夫,有一种说法是,在他去世前的几周里,哈里斯被社区孤立了。
There's a feeling, Olaf, that in the weeks leading up to his death, Harris was shunned by the community.
这不仅仅是当地的流言蜚语。
And that's not just local gossip.
我在巴尔斯警长的报告里找到了证据:他不再参加市政会议,不再去教堂,不参加足球赛,也不去酒吧了。
I've I've got it here in inspector Balls' reports, no longer attended town meetings, stopped going to church, didn't turn up for football, didn't go to the pub.
哈里斯在酒吧和足球之外还有很多其他兴趣。
Harris had plenty of interests outside of the pub and football.
比如
Like
什么?
what?
他在学习。
He was studying.
什么意思?
In what sense?
海洋生物学。
Marine biology.
哇哦。
Wow.
好吧。
Okay.
他有个想法,就是拿到这个学位后,会带着某个资助被派到这里。
He had some idea that he'd get that degree, and he'd be posted out here with some grant.
他根本不必离开这座岛,但他的处境会比一些牡蛎养殖户强。
He'd never have to leave the island, but he'd be better than some oyster farmer.
人们并不太能接受这种想法。
People, they don't take too kindly to that kind of thinking.
这里的情况很复杂。
It's complicated out here.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我们明白这一点。
We we understand that.
我们只是想
We just want to get
对哈里斯有一个更全面的了解。
a broader picture of Harris.
你可以先从了解莫德·贝拉米的全貌开始。
You can start by getting a broader picture of Maud Bellamy.
为什么?
Why?
因为她的上两任男友都死了,华生医生。
Because her last two boyfriends are dead, doctor Watson.
什么?
What?
我不会再说了。
I'm not saying anymore.
她和菲茨·麦克弗森在一起过吗?
Was she with Fitz McPherson?
奥拉夫,你意思是这样吗?
Olaf, is that what you're saying?
那个几个月前失踪的菲茨?
Fitzy that went missing a few months ago?
我觉得我已经说够多了。
I think I've said enough.
哈里斯有没有提到过贝尔amy的藤壶?
Did Harris say something about Bellamy's barnacles?
这就是为什么岛上的人反对他吗?
Is that why the island turned on him?
你并不差。
You're not bad.
谢谢。
Thanks.
他是在举报吗,奥拉夫?
Was he was he whistleblowing, Olaf?
它
It
我再说太多就不明智了。
would be unwise for me to say much more.
谁打了他?
Who punched him?
他死的那天晚上,是谁打了他?
The night he died, who punched him?
这很简单。
That's easy.
是吗?
Is it?
他的好朋友,伊恩·默多克。
His best friend, Ian Murdoch.
有什么原因吗?
Any reason?
你得去问伊恩·默多克。
You would have to ask Ian Murdoch.
我离开了。
O left.
西南3号。
Southwest 3
你唤醒了你的儿子吗?
Did you turn on your son?
我怀疑他的信念。
I doubted his cause.
所以
So
他的母亲也是。
did his mother.
他的信念是什么?
What was his cause?
大海。
The sea.
大海的活力始终如此。
The vitality of the sea always.
那么,哈里每晚在那里做什么呢?
So what was Hari's doing out there each night?
他很忙,是的,但忙于什么呢?
He was busy, yes, But busy doing what?
我不能告诉你。
I can't tell you.
为什么不能?
Why not?
他是不是在隐瞒什么?
Is was he hiding something?
他发现了什么?
Did he discover?
他是否犯了什么罪?
Is he guilty of something?
我、我不明白你在说什么。
I I don't I I I can't work out what you're saying.
这是什么?
The is Of what?
巴兰萨。
Balsanna.
巴兰萨。
Balsanna.
他对此有更多说明吗?
Did he expand on that?
没有。
No.
没有。
No.
他走了。
He he left.
他离开了自己的家?
He left his own house?
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
我们用绳索把他从自己家里吊了下去,伙计。
We rappelled him out of his own house, mate.
我们就是这么有魅力。
That's just how charming we are.
他们对游客不太友好。
They don't take kindly to tourists.
是的。
Yeah.
等等。
Wait.
为什么?
Why?
你一直在做什么?
What have you been doing?
哦,没什么。
Oh, nothing.
顺便说一下,我能看到你。
I can see you, by the way.
在哪
Where
?
are you?
你在悬崖顶上,对吧?
That's you on top of the cliff, isn't it?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
你能看到我们。
You you can see us.
在海滩上的岩石水坑里。
In the rock pools down on the beach.
哦,你好。
Oh, hello.
什么?
What?
哪里?
Where?
哪里?
Where?
我看不见。
I I can't see.
那个在远处、裤脚卷起来的小点。
That little speck in the distance with his trousers rolled up.
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
嗨。
Hi.
嗨。
Hi.
是的。
Yeah.
我能看见你。
I can see you.
我能看见你。
I can see you.
那是等等。
Is that wait.
那是儿童用的桶和小铲子吗?
Is that a children's bucket and a spade?
是的。
Yes.
嗯,我必须仔细地在这些岩石水洼中筛选。
Well, it's important I sift carefully through these rock pools.
为什么呢?
Why is that?
我在找东西。
Looking for something.
海神的痕迹?
Traces of a sea goddess?
我没时间应付这种胡闹。
I have no time for this silliness.
好吧。
Okay.
好吧,夏洛克,我们现在要去见伊恩·默多克了。
Well, Sherlock, just we're, we're going to see Ian Murdoch now.
当地传言,而且奥拉夫也间接证实了,那天晚上在海滩上袭击哈里斯的人就是他。
Local gossip has it, and Olaf kind of confirmed it, that he was the one that attacked Harris that night on the beach.
太好了,华生。
Excellent, Watson.
尽管他们是最好的朋友。
Albeit they are best friends.
即使是最好的朋友,也难免会遭受身体攻击。
Even a best friend isn't immune from a physical assault.
很好。
Lovely.
那在公寓里我一定要保持警惕。
Definitely keep my wits about me in the flat then.
再见。
Cheerio.
好的。
Okay.
再见。
Bye.
看看这个地方。
Look at this place.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
像另一个世界。
Like another world.
你能明白为什么他们会流传这么多传说和故事吗?
You can see why they have all these tales and legends, can't you?
而你就住在这样一个地方。
And you live in a place that looks like this.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
深吸一口海风,把那些烦忧都吹散吧。
Breathe in that sea air, blow out those cobwebs.
我们最好继续沿着悬崖往上走。
We should probably keep heading up the cliff.
对。
Yeah.
同意。
Agreed.
我们出发吧。
Off we go.
大家好。
Hello everyone.
我们现在正在爬悬崖。
Currently walking up a cliff.
嗯,严格来说不是在爬悬崖,而是在悬崖顶上行走,这里依然非常陡峭且蜿蜒曲折。
Well, not up a cliff, walking on top of a cliff that is still quite steep and winding.
如果我们往侧面往下看,就能看到一个惊人的陡坡,然后是北海的浪花拍打着这位‘悬崖先生’的脚趾,而他
If we look down over the side, you can see a bloody big drop and then the sparkle of the North Sea lashing at the toes of mister Cliff here, who is
是个大块头。
a bloody big bloke.
天哪。
Oh my god.
你怎么能一边走路一边说话呢?
How can you talk and walk like this at the same time?
嗯,我祖上几代都是爱唠叨的人。
Well, I come from a long line of wafflers.
这很自然。
It's natural.
就像呼吸一样。
It's like breathing.
看到房子了吗?
Any sign of the house?
是的,实际上看到了。
Yes, actually.
哦,
Oh,
等等。
wait.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
我现在从这里能看到它了。
I can see it up here now.
小路变得平缓了一些,我能看见它就在左边。
Footpath evens out a bit, and I can see it's just over on the left.
仍然靠近悬崖边,花园,还有房子的前院围栏,他不会掉进海里吧?
Still near the cliff edge, the garden, the front fence of the place, isn't he falling into the sea?
哦,天哪。
Oh, wow.
这种生活方式真够特别的。
What a way to live.
我跟你说,这种房子根本贷不到款。
You won't get a mortgage on that, let me tell you.
是的。
Yeah.
因为这不安全。
Because it's unsafe.
没有保险。
No insurance.
是的。
Yeah.
再过十五到二十年,这房子就会掉进海里了。
That and the house will be in the sea in fifteen to twenty years' time.
你能看到悬崖正在崩塌的地方。
You can see where the cliffs are coming away.
是的。
Yeah.
什么?
What
在想什么?
are thinking?
伊恩·默多克多大年纪?
How old is Ian Murdoch?
和哈里斯同龄。
Same age as Harris.
那菲茨呢?
And Fitzy?
是的。
Yeah.
所以27岁。
So 27.
他买这房子时没有按揭。
And he bought that with no mortgage.
哦。
Oh.
哦。
Oh.
是的。
Yeah.
哦,快点吧。
Oh, come on then.
我们去问些问题吧。
Let's go ask some questions.
不行。
Nope.
没人回答。
No answer.
你永远不知道两次敲门之间要等多久。
You never know how long you have to wait between knocks.
你要是进去得太快,就会显得不耐烦又无礼。
You come in too quick and you just seem impatient and rude.
约翰?
John?
什么?
What?
别回头看,但他就在上面的窗户里。
Don't look now, but he's in the top window.
你是认真的吗?
Are you serious?
是的。
Yeah.
他正在看着我们。
He's looking at us.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
我再敲一次门。
I'm gonna I'll knock again.
我们可能得想个像样的理由。
We may wanna come up with a decent story.
为什么?
Why?
因为他明显很可疑,不是吗?
Because he's obviously bloody suspicious, isn't he?
想到什么了吗?
Thought of anything?
没有。
No.
你呢?
You?
嗯,我刚才一直在敲门。
Well, I was busy knocking.
天啊。
Oh, god.
天啊。
Oh, god.
他来开门了。
He's coming to answer the door.
嘘。
Shh.
嘘。
Shh.
嘘。
Shh.
你好。
Hello there.
我很好,呃,我是英国人,你能听出来。
I am well, well, I'm English, as you can tell.
你好。
Hello.
我宣布这片土地归英格兰所有。
I claim this land for England.
不。
No.
考虑到历史,这是不合适的。
That's that's inappropriate given the history.
我们不是殖民者,尽管她来自西班牙。
We're we're not colonizers, although she is from Spain.
你好。
Hola.
你好,先生。
Hola, senor.
真是一对。
What a pair.
虽然苏格兰根本没有被殖民,但两国之间曾是政治联盟。
Although Scotland not colonized at all, was it a political union between the two countries.
不。
No.
所以我们,你知道的,我们是英国人,对吧?
So we you know, we're Britain, aren't we?
我们俩都是。
Both of us.
你在殖民这件事上和我们一样有罪。
You're as guilty as we are in the colonizing game.
不管怎样,我们只是游客。
Anyway, we are we're tourists.
我们就是这样的身份。
That's who we are.
而且我们实际上需要帮助。
And we're actually we need help.
你们需要帮助?
You need help?
是的,我们需要。
We do.
是的。
Yeah.
需要什么帮助?
With what?
帮我找我的狗。
With my dog.
你的狗在哪?
Where's your dog?
他失踪在海上了。
He's lost at sea.
他失踪在海上了。
He's lost at sea.
他失踪在海上了?
He's lost at sea?
对。
Yep.
嗯,听到这个消息我很难过。
Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
是的。
Yeah.
我们只是在向一些当地居民打听,他们可能比我们更了解该如何寻找他。
We just we're asking a few of the locals who may know more than us about how to go about searching for him.
我们该怎么做呢?
How how would how would how would we do that?
我们非常担心。
We're very worried.
你们是在哪儿丢了他的?
Well, where'd you lose him?
在富尔沃思湾,那些岩石水坑那里。
Fulworth Bay with the the rock pools.
哦,那些地方可致命了。
Oh, those things are deadly.
我敢说他受伤了。
I dare say he's injured himself.
你知道的,狗在遇到这种事之后往往会独自溜走。
You know, dogs will toddle off in solitude after things like that.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
太糟糕了。
Awful.
进来吧。
Well, come in.
我可以帮你打几个电话。
I can make some calls for you.
最好。
Best.
谢谢。
Thank you.
非常非常感谢。
Thank you so, so much.
这个地方真大。
This place is massive.
对吧?
I know, right?
就他一个人。
And just him.
这是当地流言告诉我的。
That's what the local gossip tells me.
你喝了半瓶酒还能记住这些,真了不起。
It's impressive that you retained that knowledge after half a bottle
了娜颂。
of Laona Song.
是的
Yeah.
那现在是什么?
What's that now?
哦,对啊
Oh, yeah.
我们昨晚喝了一些Laona Song。
We we had some of Laona Song last night.
没喝完一整瓶,但我们也尽力了,对吧?
Didn't manage to finish a whole bottle, but we gave it a good go, didn't we?
我们确实喝了。
We did.
是的
Yes.
你知道那些民间传说吗?
And you know the folklore, do you?
你们这些游客有时候知道的比我还多。
You tourists tend to know more than myself half the time.
是的。
Yes.
莱奥娜,海之恶魔。
Leona the sea demon.
海之女魔。
Sea demoness.
你相信吗?
Do you believe it?
是的。
Yes.
不。
No.
哦,你相信吗?
Oh, do you?
我的意思是,我确实愿意相信这件事。
I mean, I I definitely would like to believe it.
也许在维京时代,谁知道当时有哪些生物被传成了传说呢?
And maybe in Viking times, who knows what kind of creatures were transposed into legend?
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
长着触手的海巫婆,和鲸鱼、鲨鱼,甚至巨大的水母或章鱼有什么不同呢?
How is a sea witch with tentacles any different to, say, a whale or a shark or even a a big big jellyfish or octopus?
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
我的意思是,我想这些故事大概就是从这里产生的。
I mean, I guess that's where these stories arise from.
对吧?
Right?
深入当地人心中。
Get lodged into the hearts of the locals.
就像狮子一样,对吧?
Like the lion, right?
代代相传。
Passed down through generations.
你相信吗?
Do you believe it?
我对那片海域足够了解,所以不会潜到海底去。
I know enough about that sea to not go diving down to the bottom of it.
嗯。
Mhmm.
就像菲茨一样。
Like Fitzy.
什么?
Excuse me?
还有哈里斯。
And Harris.
那么,为什么两个连大陆人都不认识的人在西班牙却如此出名呢?
Now how is it that two fellas not even known to mainlanders are well known in Spain?
所以我们住在伦敦。
So we we live together in London.
我们是调查员。
We're investigators.
你真是太无礼了。
You're damn rude.
嘿。
Hey.
嘿。
Hey.
好吧。
Okay.
你想帮忙?
You want to help?
通过对我撒谎、闯入我家、利用我的善良。
By lying to me, stepping into my home, and taking advantage of my good nature.
那天晚上有人看到你和哈里斯在海滩上。
You were seen on the beach with Harris that night.
闭嘴。
Shut up.
如果你让我们帮忙,我们可以让你摆脱嫌疑。
If you let us help, we can eliminate you as a suspect
然后把我从嫌疑人名单里除掉?
and Eliminate me as a suspect?
哦,行行好,别闹了。
Oh, do me a fucking favor.
伊恩,这很严肃。
Ian, this is serious.
有人死了。
A man is dead.
是的。
Aye.
如果他那晚听了我的话,他现在还活着。
And he'd be alive if he'd listened to me that night.
你以为是我干的,是吗?
You think I do that, do you?
你以为我会到处杀害我最好的朋友,把他们拖进海里,然后归咎于深海的古老生物吗?
You think I go around killing my best friends, dragging them into the sea and blaming some ancient creature of the deep?
我一直以为岛民蠢得要命。
You know, I always thought the islanders were dumb as shite.
我没想到伦敦的人也都是这样。
I didn't know it was everybody down in London too.
你发脾气也证明不了任何事情吧?
You're not going to prove anything by losing your temper?
哦,我不是吗?
Oh, am I not?
不是。
No.
事实上,这只会让你显得更糟。
In fact, it only makes you look worse.
出去。
Get out.
那天晚上你在那儿做什么?
What were you doing there that night?
玛丽安?
Marianne?
在我把你扔出去之前,给我滚出我的房子。
Get out my house before I throw you out.
是莫德·贝拉米派我们来的。
Maude Bellamy sent us.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。