本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你好,语言学习者们。
Hello, language learners.
今天,我将告诉你们阅读哪些内容最能提升英语水平,并讨论如何通过积累来学习。
Today, I'll tell you about what you can read to best improve your English and we'll talk about learning accumulatively.
上周,我们讨论了应该听哪些内容来提高英语水平。
Last week, we talked about the best things you should listen to to improve your English.
我说过,最适合听的素材是在难度上比你当前水平高一个级别的材料。
I said that the best material you should listen to is material that is one level above your level in terms of difficulty.
选择那些你能理解约80%或更多内容,并且觉得有趣、享受的听力材料。
Listen to material where you can understand about 80% or more of the language and material that you find interesting and enjoyable.
所以对于阅读,道理是相同的。
So for reading, it is the same.
阅读比你当前水平高一个级别的材料。
Read material that is one level above your level.
在听力方面,我们说过你至少应该理解80%或更多的语言内容。
For listening we said you should understand at least 80% or more of the language.
不过对于阅读,我建议选择能理解90%到95%或更高比例的材料。
However, for reading I would recommend 90 or 95% or more.
根据我学习意大利语和法语的经验,这种方式会稍微轻松些也更愉快。
In my experience learning Italian and French, it's a bit easier and more enjoyable this way.
幸运的是,已经有很多优秀网站能提供难度合适的阅读材料。
Luckily, there are already many great websites that provide you with reading material that is the correct level of difficulty.
为了帮助你,我推荐分级读物。
To help you out, I recommend graded readers.
这些都是经过语言简化的经典著名小说故事。
These are classic famous fictional stories where the language is simplified.
出版这类读物的出版社包括牛津出版社、企鹅出版社、培生集团等。
Some publishers who do these are Oxford Press, Penguin, Pearson.
牛津出版社的分级读物叫做牛津书虫系列。
Oxford Press's graded readers are called the Oxford Bookworms series.
你可以很方便地在亚马逊网上购买到它们。
You can get them very easily online on Amazon.
我会把链接放在视频下方。
I'll put the links below the video.
这里有一个《阿拉丁与神灯》的例子。
So here's an example of Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp.
这是第一级的,明白吗?
So this is level one, okay?
阿巴纳扎叔叔。
Uncle Abanazar.
阿巴纳扎?
Abanazar?
叔叔?
Uncle?
我想他的名字是这个。
I think his name is that.
阿拉丁敲了敲石头,但什么都没动。
Aladdin hit the stone but nothing moved.
求求你别把我丢在这里。
Don't leave me here, please.
阿拉丁把耳朵贴在石头上,却什么也听不见。
Aladdin put his ear to the stone, but he could hear nothing.
‘我是阿拉丁,穆斯塔法的儿子,’他说着又听了听,但石头纹丝不动。
I am Aladdin, son of Mustafa, he said, and listened again, but the stone did not move.
第一关。
Level one.
第四关,也许你知道,黑骏马。
Level four, maybe you know, black beauty.
好的,第五章《暴风雨》‘秋天的一天,我的主人需要去一个遥远的城镇办事。’
Okay, chapter five, the Storm' One day in the autumn my master had to go to a distant town on business.
约翰给我套上马车,我们三个就出发了。
John harnessed me to the carriage and the three of us went off.
当时下过大雨,风势非常猛烈。
There had been a lot of rain and the wind was very strong.
所以,第四级比第一级要难。
So, level four is more difficult than level one.
当你读完所有第一级的书后,就可以进入第二级。
When you finish all the Level one books, you go to Level two.
读完所有第二级的书后进入第三级,然后是第四级,总共有六个级别。
Finish all the Level two books, go to Level three, then Level four and there are six levels.
如你所见,第四级的书更厚,词汇也更难。
As you can see, Level four is thicker and the words are more difficult.
所以,没有理解题,放松阅读就好。
So, no comprehension questions, just relax, read.
当你感到疲倦时,就把书放下。
When you get tired, you put the book down.
这些书不贵,每本大约5美元。
They're not expensive, I mean about $5 each.
那么一堂英语课要多少钱呢?
And how much is an English lesson?
什么?
What?
15到20美元,我们马上回来。
$15 $20 We'll be right back.
你能听懂英语但一开口就卡壳吗?
Do you understand English but freeze when trying to speak it?
我的应用'咖啡闲聊英语'提供每日口语练习。
My app Coffee Chat English gives daily speaking practice.
首先阅读一个短篇故事,然后与AI进行讨论。
First you read a short story and then speak about it with the AI.
每天都有新话题,了解我们美丽的世界。
New topics every day learning about our beautiful world.
详情请见coffeechatenglish.com。
See coffeechatenglish.com.
现在仅需9美元。
And right now, just $9.
所以,我会把这些链接放在视频下方。
So, I'll put the links under these videos.
分级读物,我们学校全都有,很多学校也都有,非常实用。
So, graded readers, my school has all of them, many schools do, very useful.
对于非虚构类阅读,我推荐thetimesinplainenglish.com和breakingnewsenglish.com这两个网站。
For non fiction, I recommend the websites thetimesinplainenglish.com and breakingnewsenglish.com.
同样,链接会放在视频下方。
Again, links will be below the video.
有个很棒的应用程序叫'慢速英语新闻'。
There's a great app called 'News in Slow English'.
这款应用最适合母语为阿拉伯语、西班牙语、汉语普通话和俄语的学习者,因为它的翻译方式很特别。
This app is best for native Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Russian speakers because of how it translates things.
在这些网站上,你可以阅读用简化英语写的新闻和当前事件。
On these websites, you can read news stories and current events in simplified English.
试着每天坚持阅读,日复一日,也许每个早晨或傍晚花上十到十五分钟,甚至二十分钟。
See if you can do a little bit of reading every day, maybe ten or fifteen, twenty minutes every morning or evening.
所以,网上有很多阅读资源,但听力资源却不多。
So, are reading resources for you on the internet, but not many listening resources.
BBC英语学习网就是一个听力资源。
One listening resource actually is BBC Learning English.
它既有网站也有应用,但总的来说网上的听力资源并不多。
It's a website and an app, but overall there are not many listening resources online.
这就是我们制作'简易英语听力'视频的目的。
So, this is the purpose of the Simple English Listening videos.
这些视频旨在为你提供所需的听力练习。
These videos is to help give you the listening practice that you need.
接下来,我们将讨论渐进式学习。
Next, we'll talk about learning accumulatively.
每天听十分钟英语比每周听七十分钟效果更好。
So, it is easier to listen to ten minutes of English every day than it is to listen to seventy minutes once per week.
这是人类心理学的规律。
This is human psychology.
如果你每天听十五分钟英语,一周后就是一小时四十五分钟。
If you listen to fifteen minutes of English every day, after one week, that is one hour and forty five minutes.
一周后就是一小时四十五分钟。
One hour and forty five minutes after one week.
如果每天听十五分钟,一个月后你将累计听了约七小时的英语。
If you listen to fifteen minutes every day, you would have listened to about seven hours of English after one month.
六个月后,你会看到进步,那时语言对你来说会变得稍微容易一些。
And after six months, you would see improvement in that time and the language would be a little bit easier for you.
即使你每天只听十分钟英语,一个月后也累计了大约五小时的听力练习。
Even if you listen to ten minutes of English every day after one month, that is about five hours of listening practice.
不过尽量听超过十分钟。
Try to listen to more than ten minutes though.
这就是所谓的累积学习。
So, this is learning accumulatively.
‘Accumulation’是名词,‘accumulate’是动词,‘accumulatively’是副词。
Accumulation is the noun, accumulate the verb 'accumulatively' is the adverb.
'积累'意味着每天做一点点,日积月累就会变成可观的成果。
'Accumulate' means to do something a little bit every day and that little bit becomes a large amount of something.
举个例子,我的朋友正在持续买入比特币。
One example, my friend is accumulating Bitcoin'.
意思就是他这里买一点,那里买一点,经过数月或数年后,零散的买入就会累积成大量比特币。
What this means is he is buying a little bit here, a little bit there and after many months or years, that little bit turns into a lot of Bitcoin.
积累式学习就是每天进步一点点,最终汇聚成巨大的知识量。
To learn accumulatively means a to little bit every day and that little bit becomes a large amount of learning.
就我个人而言,我通常在上下班路上听意大利语和法语播客,这样周一到周五每天就有三十分钟的学习时间。
Personally, I usually listen to my Italian and French podcasts on the way to and back from work, so that's thirty minutes every day, Monday to Friday.
一周下来听力练习就超过了两小时。
So that's more than two hours of listening practice in just one week.
我另一个积累式学习的例子是吉他练习。
Another way I learn accumulatively is in my guitar practice.
因为我是一名吉他手。
So I'm a guitarist.
我在越南的一个摇滚乐队里演奏。
I play in a rock band here in Vietnam.
每周一到周五早晨,我起床后会练习主音吉他大约10到15分钟。
Every morning, Monday to Friday, I practice I try to practice lead guitar for about ten to fifteen minutes when I wake up.
这样日积月累,一周后就有超过一小时的吉他练习时间了。
So, accumulatively, that's more than one hour of guitar practice after one week.
那么,为什么要采用日积月累的学习方式呢?
So, what are some reasons for learning accumulatively?
我们为什么要这样做?
Why should we do it?
因为这是可实现的。
So, it is achievable.
'可实现'意味着你可以不太费力地完成这件事。
Achievable means it is something you can do with not too much difficulty.
一件你能相对轻松完成的事。
Something you can do with relative ease.
你可以做到并完成它。
You can do it and finish it.
好的,可实现的。
Okay, achievable.
我是说,就算你是世界上最懒的人,也能坚持做十到十五分钟的事情,对吧?
I mean, even if you're the laziest person in the world, you can still do something for ten to fifteen minutes, right?
而且,这是可持续的。
Also, it's sustainable.
可持续意味着你可以反复做这件事而不会中断。
Sustainable means that it is something you can do again and again without stopping.
你可以一遍又一遍地做,不会感到无聊、沮丧或想要放弃。
You can do it again and again and not get bored or frustrated or want to give up.
这是一个可持续的习惯。
It's a sustainable habit.
可持续这个词经常用来描述能源,对吧?
The word sustainable is often used to describe energy, right?
所以风能、太阳能、潮汐能都是可持续的。
So wind energy, solar energy, tidal energy these are sustainable.
可以永远持续下去,对吧?
It can be done forever, right?
在很长一段时间内都不会停止。
For a very long time without stopping.
最后,渐进式学习的理由是,在你整个倾听过程中,你都在积极聆听,保持清醒。
And finally, reason for learning accumulatively is for the whole time you are listening, you are actively listening, you're awake.
明白吗?
Okay?
在那短暂的时间里,你要全神贯注、充满活力地倾听。
For that short amount of time, you're listening keenly and with energy.
几个月后,你就会看到进步。
After a few months, you will see improvement.
以上就是今天节目的全部内容。
So that's all for today's episode.
希望你今天有所收获。
I hope you've learned something today.
尽可能多听几遍这期节目,吸收更多语言知识。
Listen to this episode as many times as possible to take in and absorb as much language as possible.
留言打个招呼吧。
Leave a comment, say hello.
如果有任何想让我讨论的话题,请告诉我。
Let me know if there are any topics you'd like me to talk about.
欢迎点赞、分享给朋友、订阅频道,助力频道成长。
Feel free to like, to share this with your friends, to subscribe, to help the channel grow.
好的,下次见。
Okay, until next time.
我是特里斯坦,你早晨上班路上可以倾听的友好英语之声。
I'm Tristan, your friendly English voice you can listen to, you know, on your way to work in the morning.
下次再见。
See you next time.
你能听懂这个播客但无法像这样流利表达吗?
Can you understand this podcast but cannot speak like this?
试试我的应用Coffee Chat English。
Try my app, Coffee Chat English.
详情见描述中的链接。
Link in the description.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。