本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
一条建议:保持快乐。
One piece of advice, keep the joy.
脸上带着微笑,享受你每一次打球的时刻,因为无论你的职业生涯有多长,它都显得不够长久。
Put a smile on your face, enjoy every moment that you get to do it because it doesn't last long enough regardless of how long your career is.
总有一天,你再也无法在职业赛场上打球了,那时每一天你都会回望,心想:真希望能再回到球场上比赛。
You'll get to the point where you can't do this anymore professionally and every day, you look back and go, I wish I could get back onto the court and compete.
所以,无论多么艰难的时期,都要保持快乐。
So keep the joy no matter how difficult the period is.
欢迎来到网球内参俱乐部。
Welcome to Tennis Insider Club.
我是博尔哈·杜兰,和我的搭档卡罗琳·加西亚一起,这里是网球故事与人生对话交汇的地方。
I am Borja Duran, and together with my partner, Caroline Garcia, here is where tennis stories and life conversations intersect.
加入我们,一起揭开球场偶像们鲜为人知的个人旅程。
Join us as we uncover the untold personal journeys of the icons of the court.
希望你们会喜欢这场对话。
I hope you will enjoy this conversation.
对我来说,这真是一种荣幸。
For me, it was a real privilege.
在开始之前,别忘了订阅我们的频道,以免错过下一期内容。
Before beginning, don't forget to subscribe to our channel so you don't miss our next episodes.
如果你愿意将这一期分享给你觉得会喜欢的人,我会非常感激。
Also, it will mean the world to me if you can share this episode with someone you think will enjoy it.
谢谢!
Thank you!
在进入今天的节目之前,我想分享一件对我身心都有巨大帮助的事情。
Before we dive into today's episode, I want to share something that's made a huge difference for me, both physically and mentally.
巡回赛期间,经常旅行,要获取所有必需的营养和维生素并不总是容易。
Being on tour, constantly traveling, it's not always easy to get all the nutrients and vitamins I need.
因此,我开始每天饮用AG1。
That's why I started drinking AG1 every day.
它富含75种维生素和矿物质、益生菌以及其他成分,帮助我达到最佳表现并呵护身体。
It's packed with 75 vitamins and minerals, probiotics, probiotics and more to help me perform at the highest levels and take care of my body.
而且说实话,它真的让我感觉更好了。
And honestly, it just makes me feel better.
我喜欢用AG1开启我的一天,我相信你也会喜欢。
I love starting my day with AG1 and I think you will too.
AG1为新订阅用户提供了价值76美元的免费赠品。
And AG1 is offering new subscribers a free $76 gift when you sign up.
你的第一个包裹中将包含一份欢迎礼包、一瓶D3K2和五份免费的旅行装。
You will get a welcome kit, a bottle of D3K2 and five free travel packs in your first box.
请务必访问drinkag1.comtennisinsider来获取这个优惠。
So make sure to check out drinkag1.comtennisinsider to get this offer.
访问drinkag1.comtennisinsider,用更健康的方式开启你的新年。
That's drinkag1.comtennisinsider to start your new year on a healthier note.
达伦,非常感谢你今天来到我们这里。
Darren, thank you so much for being with us today.
我的荣幸。
My pleasure.
第一个问题,你是怎么开始打网球的?
First question, how did you started with tennis?
是的。
Yeah.
这是个很好的问题,因为我的父亲实际上是南澳大利亚一位非常著名的澳式橄榄球运动员和教练。
Great question because my father is actually quite a famous Australian rules football player and coach back in South Australia.
所以在我家,大家都是打澳式橄榄球的。
So in my family, Australian rules football.
你知道这项运动吗?
Do you know the game?
橄榄球?
Football?
知道。
Yes.
就是那个在大椭圆形球场进行的运动。
That's the one in the big o.
大O球场。
The big o.
球员们到处跑,比赛有点疯狂。
And lots of players running around everywhere and a bit of a crazy game.
所以这就是我小时候玩的运动。
So that's the game I played as a young player, as a young kid.
我一直玩到16岁。
I've been till I was 16.
在阿德莱德体育场。
In the Stadium Of Adelaide.
没错。
That's right.
就像阿德莱德那边。
Like Adelaide over.
前球员们,还有你的
Former players, and there is your
没错。
That's right.
所以比赛就是在那儿举行的。
So that's where the game was played.
是的。
Yeah.
我们在南澳大利亚有两支球队。
So we have two teams in South Australia.
我们有阿德莱德鹰队,我们讨厌他们。
We have the Adelaide Crows, and we hate them.
我们不喜欢他们。
We don't like them.
我的球队是波特阿德莱德队,我爸爸曾经为这支球队打球并执教了很多年。
And my team is Port Adelaide, and that's the team that my dad played for and coached for many years.
实际上,他还曾来到这里,执教了最著名的球队之一——科林伍德。
And actually, he came over here and coached one of the most famous teams, Collingwood.
你知道网球馆另一边的训练设施吗?
So you know the training facility on the other side of the tennis stadium?
那就是科林伍德足球俱乐部的训练设施。
That's the Collingwood football club training facility.
所以他执教那支球队有几年时间。
So he coached that team for a couple of years.
所以我从小在足球环境中长大,一直踢到16岁。
So I grew up in football, played football until I was 16.
我爸爸特别喜欢网球。
My dad loved tennis.
所以如果让他重新活一次,他想成为罗德·拉沃尔。
So if he could have his life again, he wanted to be Rod Laver.
他是左撇子,擅长发球上网,冲网截击,但他水平并不高。
He was a lefty, serve volley, come in, hit the volleys, but he was not very good.
所以他总是带我去网球场打球。
So, he would always take me out to the tennis courts and play.
很多年前,我们买了一栋房子,他在房子后面建了一个网球场,我们放学后就会去那里打网球。
We ended up buying a house many, many years ago, and he put a tennis court the back of his house, and we'd get out there after school and play tennis.
所以我一直踢足球和打网球,直到大约15或16岁,那时我必须决定专注于哪项运动。
So I was playing football and tennis until I was about 15 or 16, and then decided had to decide which sport to play.
那时我的网球水平比足球稍好一点,于是我就自然而然地转向了网球。
And I was a little bit better at tennis at that stage than I was at football, so I just gravitated into tennis.
而且我觉得,在南澳大利亚跟着父亲的脚步踢足球,压力有点大,打网球对我来说更容易一些。
And also, I think the pressure a little bit of playing football following in his shoes back in South Australia, it was a bit easier for me to play tennis.
所以也许我有点胆小,选择了更轻松的路。
So maybe I was a bit of a chicken, and I took the easier route.
于是我就这样进入了网球领域,后来才开始参加一些青少年赛事。
And so that's how I got into tennis and then started to play some junior tournaments quite late.
我年轻时运气不错,遇到了一位叫鲍勃·卡迈克尔的教练,他从我17岁起就一直担任我的教练。
I caught a little bit of a break when I was younger because there was one coach called Bob Carmichael, and Bob was my coach for my entire career, he saw me as a 17 year old.
当时澳大利亚有一个澳大利亚体育学院,所有澳大利亚最优秀的球员都会集中在那里训练。
And we have a the Australian Institute of Sport, which is where all the best players in Australia go together back in those days.
澳大利亚最顶尖的十名男选手和十名女选手会聚集在堪培拉,那里有最好的设施、最好的教练、一切资源都最优,各种运动项目的顶尖运动员都在一起,我也被选中去那里。
And you get the 10 best male players, the 10 best female players in Australia, and you'd gather in Canberra, best facilities, best coaches, best everything, all different sports, so you're around great athletes, and I got picked to go to that.
这在一定程度上改变了我的职业轨迹。
So that changed my career path a little bit.
所以我有机会和澳大利亚最顶尖的选手一起训练,持续了两年。
So I got a chance to hit with the practice with the best players in Australia, and I did that for two years.
我大约19岁的时候从那里出来,随后转为职业选手。
I came out of that when I was about 19 and then went pro.
是的。
And yeah.
所以,这基本上就是我如何走上这条路的。
So that that was pretty much how I got into it.
不错。
Nice.
对。
Yeah.
这很好。
That's good.
从只是玩玩转为真正投入,开始与世界上最好的选手竞争,这种转变怎么样?
How was that transition from playing just for fun to going to, like, the real deal and start competing with the best players in the world?
是的。
Yeah.
其实和大家一样,因为我回到我那个年代,现在我老了,你知道的。
It was same as everybody, really, because I spent three years back in my day now I'm old, as you know.
所以在我那个年代,我们有叫做卫星赛的东西。
So really so so back in my day, we had things called satellites.
所以我们没有未来赛,只有挑战赛。
So we didn't have futures and we had challenges.
我们没有未来赛,但我们有卫星赛。
We didn't have futures, but we had satellites.
所以你在一个卫星赛里打五场比赛,持续五周。
So you'd play five tournaments in one satellite, five events, so five weeks.
所以要获得一个ATP积分,你得打五周,然后在该组中进入前32名。
So to to get one ATP point, you had to play five weeks and then finish in the top 32 of that group.
所以我打了三年这样的比赛。
So I played three years of that.
我打了大约11到12个卫星赛,加起来超过五十周的网球比赛。
I played about 11 or 12 satellites, which is over fifty weeks of tennis.
瑞士的卫星赛、奥地利的卫星赛、西班牙的卫星赛,还有澳大利亚的,到处都是。
So Swiss satellites, Austrian satellites, Spanish satellites, all Australian, all over the place.
你一直在追逐成绩,追逐ATP积分。
And you're chasing results and chasing ATP points.
直到我大约18岁的时候,我才拿到了第一个ATP积分。
And it wasn't until I was about 18 where I think I got my first ATP point.
所以我跟其他人没什么不同。
So I'm the same as everybody else.
我在低级别赛事中打了三四年,然后我觉得我的排名大概在300名左右。
I spent three or four years in the smaller events, and then I think I was ranked about 300.
只是打进了法网的资格赛,并且成功晋级法网正赛。
Just got into qualifying at Roland Garros and qualified at Roland Garros.
我们过去常在让·冯昂对面的训练设施打资格赛。
We used to play Qualys across at the practice facility across Jean Vuong.
没错。
Exactly.
我在让·冯昂保持不败。
The I'm undefeated at Jean Vuong.
我在那里打了两次资格赛,两次都成功晋级。
I I played Qualys there twice, got through Qualys twice.
但那个特定的比赛,我不记得是哪一年了,可能是1983年或1984年,我打进第三轮并成功通过资格赛,那成了我的突破,之后我拿到了很多积分,排名一下子跃升至前200名,一旦达到这个水平,就有机会参加职业赛事,随后开始取得一些不错的成绩。
But that particular event, I can't remember what year it was maybe '83 or '84, I got to the third round qualified and got to the third round and that was my break and then it was huge so I got a lot of points ended up jumping into the top 200 and once you did that then you have a chance to to play the the pro events and then started to post a couple of good results.
当你进入职业级别,开始在大型赛事中表现优异时,你的心态是怎样的?
How was your mentality when you went there the the pro level and you started to play well into big tournaments?
我对心态和敬业精神都没有问题。
So I didn't have a problem with the mentality or the work ethic.
所以我当时落后了。
So I was behind.
所以我不是个出色的青少年选手。
So I wasn't a great junior.
我进入网球界比较晚。
I broke into tennis late.
正如我所说,我19岁或20岁才进入前200名,而在我们那个年代,这已经算很晚了,因为当时有像贝克尔这样17岁就赢得温网的选手,还有维尔兰达、博格、麦肯罗和康诺尔。
You know, as I said, I was 19 or 20 when I broke into the top 200, and that's late back in my day because we had players like Becker winning Wimbledon at 17, Willanda, Borg, McEnroe, Conor.
这些家伙在青少年时期都是顶尖选手。
All all these guys were great players in their teenagers.
所以我总觉得自己在追赶其他选手。
So I felt like I was always playing catch up a little bit to the rest of the field.
我非常努力地训练。
I worked really hard.
我在球场上心态很好,这就是我赢得很多比赛的原因——我只是拼尽全力去竞争。
I had a great mentality on court, that's why I won a lot of my matches is I just competed really, really hard.
所以我并不是特别有天赋,但如果我能找到对手的弱点,我就想,不知道你是否还记得布拉德·吉尔伯特当球员时的样子。
And so I wasn't super talented, but if I could find a weakness in somebody's game I I was like, I don't know if you remember Brad Gilbert as a player.
布拉德曾排名世界第四,他写了一本叫《丑陋地赢》的书。
So Brad got to number four in the world, and he wrote this book called Winning Ugly.
《丑陋地赢》是一本很棒的书,非常值得一读,这本书讲的正是我的打球风格,因为我作为网球选手并不算优雅,但我总能找到赢球的方法,就是让对手感到烦扰——也许没人比这更有效了。
And and Winning Ugly it's a great book it's a great read and Winning Ugly is all about the way I played because I wasn't really pretty as a tennis player but I could find ways to win tennis matches by just annoying opponents She is no one maybe.
这真的很好,而布拉德比我更擅长这种‘丑陋地赢’的风格,他还为此写了一本书,非常值得一读。
It's a it's a really good And Brad was a much better version of Winning Ugly than I was, and he actually wrote a book about that, which is a really good read.
所以,这大概就是我的风格。
So that's kind of my style.
我就像个穷版的帕特·拉夫特。
I was like a poor man's Pat Rafter.
你还记得帕特·拉夫特打球的样子吗?
Do you remember Pat Rafter playing at all?
他可能甚至有点太
He might be even a little bit too
我,嗯,让我想想。
I'm I let's see.
我这里有一些片段。
I have some clips here and there.
对,就是这样。
There you go.
好的。
Okay.
他以发球上网打法而闻名,而我
And he was very well known for his serve and volley, and I
他以英俊的外表而闻名。
He was well known for his good looks.
他非常以……
That's what he was very And
这里的防晒霜。
the sunscreen here.
说得太对了。
That's exactly right.
所以我想...
So I
我就是这么做的。
did that.
我是第一个用防晒霜的人。
I was the original sunscreen guy.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
我得像帕特那样发大力发球,正手也像帕特那样有点不稳,反手切削也像帕特,而且我会上网。
I had to kick serve like Pat, and I had a little bit of a dodgy forehand like Pat, and I had the slice backhand like Pat, and I'd come in.
所以我跟我老婆说,我是那个倒霉的帕特·拉弗特。
So I'm I tell my wife, I'm like the poor person Pat Rafter.
他做的每一件事、他的外表都比我强,但我的打球方式跟他以前很像。
Everything he does and the way he looks is better than me, but I was similar to the way he used to play.
好的。
Alright.
而且作为教练,你现在以在战术层面的洞察力而闻名,你觉得是这样吗?
And do you think, like because now as a coach, you are very well known for, like, your tactical what you can bring on tactical level.
你是否也从自己作为球员的经历中汲取了经验?
And do you think you took also your experience as a player?
就像你说的,早期获胜也是战术智慧的一部分。
Like you say, like, winning early also, it's part of being very wise tactically.
你觉得这段经历对你有帮助吗?
Do you think it helped this experience helped you?
是的。
Yeah.
这是个很好的问题。
It's a great question.
我相信确实如此。
I think it does for sure.
我认为网球总体上是一项非常考验解决问题能力的运动。
I I think that tennis in general is a great problem solving sport.
有些天赋出众的网球选手上场后不需要过多思考,凭直觉打球就能赢,这对他们来说很自然,但这种事从来就没在我身上自然发生过。
So there are talented tennis players that go out there and don't have to think too much and just play, and they can win through their talent and and it comes quite naturally to them, but it never really came that naturally to me.
所以我必须在脑子里不断分析场上的情况:我的打法如何应对对手的打法?我是否在取得进展?我能否在回合中保持中立?或者能否找到对方的弱点。
So I had to problem solve in my head what was going on to the court, how was my game matching up against my opponent's game, was I making inroads, was I able to stay neutral in points, or was I able to find weaknesses.
所以你会发现,那些在网球界长期执教的教练,往往都是那些天赋不算顶尖、但比赛时极其拼搏的人。
So, I think you'll find that a lot of the the coaches that have longevity in the game, the ones that struggled a little bit on the talent side, but they competed really hard.
他们不得不在脑海中分析,如何破解这些问题。
So they had to analyze it within their brain how to work it out.
因此,我认为这无疑对转型成为教练有很大帮助。
So I think that certainly helps when you break into coaching for sure.
归根结底,就像你说的,天赋确实能帮你赢下一些比赛,但未必能帮你赢得大赛。
It's at the end, like, I I guess that talent is it's as as it's as as you say, know, it will help you win some games, but not maybe tournaments.
对吧?
Right?
连续两周都感觉状态这么好,真的很难。
It's hard to, like like, feel it so good for, like, two weeks in a row.
对吧?
Right?
所以你需要的不止这些。
So you need more than than that.
是的。
Yeah.
而且我认为,这并不意味着世界上那些最有天赋的顶尖球员就不能成为好教练,因为我觉得其中一些人确实是优秀的教练。
And I think also the it doesn't mean that the really talented greatest players in the world are not good coaches because I think some of them are great coaches.
比如卢比奇,他做得非常出色,他本人也曾排名世界第二、第三甚至第四,而且他的执教方式非常注重分析。
You know, have Lubichich who's done an amazing job, and he was two or three or four in the world as well and but very analytical in the way he goes about it.
所以每个人都不太一样,一些教练也会带来不同的优势。
So everybody's a little bit different, and and some coaches bring different strengths to the table as well.
所以我认为教练工作有三个层面。
So I think there are three facets to coaching.
所以这显然是技术层面,然后是技术层面,再就是情感层面。
So it's obviously the technical, and then you have the technical, and then you have the emotional.
那就是传达信息、清晰表达自己的能力,让球员完全理解你想要达成的目标,让你向球员传递整体愿景和对你所做事情的信念。
It's the ability to communicate messages, explain yourself well, so the player understands exactly what you're trying to accomplish, and you're selling the big picture, the belief in what you're doing to your player.
这是你在实践中慢慢学会的东西。
And that's something that you learn as you go.
刚开始当教练时,你在这方面并不擅长。
You're not very good at that when you start coaching.
随着你积累更多经验,接触不同的球员,我认为你在这一点上也会变得好得多。
And as you get a little more experience and you work with different players, then I think you become much better at that as well.
所以我总是说,当你在面试教练时,无论你下一位教练是谁,如果对方在面试中谈论技术、技术、情感,然后说:‘我在这三个方面都很擅长’,那你最好赶紧跑开。
So I always say that if when you're interviewing for a coach, whenever your next coach is, when you're interviewing people and they talk about the technical, the technical, and the emotional, and a coach says to you, no, I'm really good at all those, then you need to run for the hills.
没有人能样样精通。
That is no, nobody is good.
我在技术方面并不特别出色,我一直都知道这一点。
And I'm not so great at the technical, I've always known that.
我现在和扬尼克一起工作,搭档是贾尼克的西蒙妮·范诺齐,他在技术方面非常出色。
I'm working with a guy now with Janik called Simone van Gnozzi, and he's awesome at the technical.
所以很多技术上的调整,我们当然会讨论,但西蒙妮对扬尼克所做的很多技术改动,我都会交给他处理,因为他比我更清楚整体大局。
And so a lot of the technical changes, we talk about it obviously, but a lot of the technical changes that he's making with Yannick, I leave it to him because he sees that big picture a little bit clearer than I do.
我们在技术方面都还行,但我更擅长情感层面和沟通,比如如何传达信息、是否真正被接收、如何维持团队的良好氛围,确保大家共享信息、协同合作,因为我有这方面的经验,所以目前我们为扬尼克提供了一个很好的互补组合。但很重要的是,在面试和与教练交谈时,要确保他们不会向你推销自己并不具备的能力。
And then we're both okay at the technical and I'm a little more better at the emotional and the communication and how to deliver a message and whether or not it's getting through and keeping a good culture within the team and making sure everyone's sharing information and we're all working together because I have that experience so together we've been a good mix so far for Yannick but it's really important to make sure that when you are interviewing and talking to coaches they don't sell you on something they're not.
是的。
Yeah.
你以前 probably 也遇到过这种情况。
Which which you probably had that before.
确实,作为球员,你总会有一些方面做得比其他方面好,但其实对世界上任何人来说都是如此。
It's true that there is always, like I mean, as a player, you know, you have some things you do better than others, but, like, it's also true for everyone in the world anyway.
但对于教练来说,你能感觉到某个人更懂你。
But for coaches, you can feel that someone is better in understanding you.
有时候在技术层面可能稍弱一点,但你必须从每个人身上汲取最好的部分,确实没有人是完美的。
And sometimes technically, maybe it's a little bit less good, but you have to take the best off of everyone and it's true that no one is perfect for sure.
但确实,现在越来越多的团队开始配备两名教练。
But as I mean, for sure, it's there is more and more like team where it's two coaches.
没错。
That's right.
即使只有一个教练,要建立良好的互动并让每个人都相互理解也不容易。
And it's very interesting to see because sometimes already with one coach is to have the dynamic and everyone to understand each other is not easy.
但在与雅尼克的团队中,如果每个人都能清楚自己的角色和优势,那就很好了,我认为未来这种情况会越来越多。
But it's good when, I mean, in in the team with with Janik, you are able to do it with everyone understand their position, what they are good at, and I think we are gonna see more and more now.
我也这么认为。
I think so.
我认为,现在网球的收入提高了,顶尖选手赚的钱更多了,因此他们更有能力在职业生涯上投入更多。
And I think because the money's a little bit better in tennis now and the top players are making better money, they can afford to invest more into their careers.
所以,网球教练的任期可能也只有三到四年。
And it's why also the window for coaching in tennis is maybe three, four years.
如果超过这个时间,教练的角色就更像教练兼经理了。
And if it goes any longer than that, it becomes more of a coach slash manager Mhmm.
保护者角色,你知道,就是让球员感觉良好,因为只有三到四年的窗口期,你可以把你所有的知识传授给他们。
Protector, you know, just making the player feel good role because there's about a three or four year window where you can impart everything you know.
教练的另一个关键在于,最好的方式是教会球员如何独立思考,让他们学会自己解决问题。
And that's the thing about coaching also is that the better style of coaching is to coach a player to teach them, to so they can problem solve for themselves.
是的。
Yeah.
所以三年后,球员会达到一个阶段,心想:‘你是不是要说什么?’
And so the player will get to a point after three years and go, you're about to say something?
我知道你接下来要说什么。
I know what you're about to say.
你已经自己做到了,然后直接上场,就不那么需要你一直陪在身边了;三四年之后,就需要换一个人,带来不同的声音、不同的激励和不同的信息。
And you're and you do it already, then and you go on to the court so there's not as much need for you to be around that particular coach and after three or four years it's time for somebody else, a different voice, different inspiration, different message.
另一种教练方式是让球员完全依赖教练,告诉我该怎么做,而不是解释为什么这么做,比如直接说‘把正手打到对角线’或者‘多往前压’之类的,但你并不解释背后的道理,结果球员在战术上过度依赖教练,教练也因此长期占据主导地位,却并没有真正帮助球员通过自主思考提升能力。
The other way of coaching is to have that player rely on the coach, let me tell you what to do, not explain to you what to do, just I'm going to tell you take the forehand cross court or come in more or whatever it may be, but you're not really explaining it so that ends up where the player relies on the coach too much for the tactical side of things, and the coach is cementing their position with that player for a long time, but not really helping the player become better through problem solving.
对。
Yeah.
你没有让他在最后成长。
You don't allow him to grow at the end.
没错。
Exactly.
他总是依赖你来
He's reliable rely has rely on you to
完成你的工作。
deliver your job.
是的。
Yeah.
而不是,是的。
Instead of and yeah.
这是一件很难的事。
And it's a it's a tough thing.
对吧?
Right?
另外,因为我们是一对一地与球员合作。
Also, because we're working one on one with a player.
球员支付教练的费用。
The player pays the coach.
是的。
Yeah.
网球中有一种很多其他运动都没有的有趣关系。
It's a interesting dynamic in tennis that a lot of sports don't have.
但我觉得,更好的教练是那些愿意让自己变得可有可无的人。
But the better coaches, I feel like, are the ones willing to coach themselves out of a job.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这听起来可能很疯狂。
As crazy as that might seem.
对。
Yeah.
能够把球员放在首位,而不是你自己。
To be able to put the player as a priority, you know, and not yourself.
是的。
Yeah.
这有点像是
Which is kind of
违背了人类教练的本性。
against human coach, actually.
违背人性,某种程度上是这样。
Against human against human nature, kind of.
不是吗?
No?
这就像是做一个好父亲。
It's like kind of being a good father.
对吧?
Right?
最终,你必须无私,首要任务是让那个人成长,而不是你的目标或你的自我。
At the end, you have to be selfless, and the priority number one is that that person grows and not your goals or your ego.
很有趣。
Interesting.
你从网球运动员转变为教练的过程是怎样的?
How was your process from tennis player to coach?
你从一开始就知道自己想这么做吗,还是比较随机的?
Did you know since the beginning that you wanted to do it or it was like a bit more random?
所以我早早退役了。
So I finished early.
我25岁就退役了。
I finished when I was 25.
我做过大约十二三次手术。
I'd had about 12 or 13 surgeries.
是的,我年轻时膝盖就不好,身体上很吃力,25岁时我休养了三年,28岁时复出打了六个月,结果在温布尔登又伤了膝盖,所以我的运动员生涯一直被伤病困扰。
Yeah, my knees were bad when I was young so I struggled physically, and then at 25 I was out for three years actually and I came back for about six months when I was 28 and then busted my knee again at Wimbledon So I had a bit of a rough trot with my playing career with injuries.
我也长得晚,这成了个问题,因为我太过拼命了。
I grew really late also, which was a problem because I worked way too hard.
那时候还没有现在这种科学的训练方法。
We didn't have the scientific training techniques now.
当时就是拼命跑,不管多疼都要冲破那堵墙,我确实这么做了。你知道,我来自足球环境,同时还在发育,身体出现了各种问题。所以现在如果让我重走一遍职业生涯,我会找一个优秀的体能教练,放慢节奏,更好地保护自己的身体——现在人人都这么做。
Back then it was like run as hard as you can there's no pain through the through the brick wall and I did it you know I came from that football environment so and I was growing at the same time and I had all sorts of problems physically so now if I was to go back and do my career again yeah I'd get a good physical trainer go much slower and then protect my body much more, which everybody does now.
所以我运气很好,非常幸运。
So I got lucky, incredibly lucky.
我25岁就退役了,28岁时短暂复出过一阵子,之后有几年不知道自己该做什么。
I finished when I was 25, came back a little bit when I was 28, and then I spent a couple of years not knowing what I was going to do.
我在阿德莱德投资了一家小酒吧,学会了打啤酒、当服务员,诸如此类的事情。
I invested in a small bar in Adelaide, and I I learned to, pull beers and and, yeah, and and be a waiter and all that sort of stuff.
我没多少钱,因为我花了很多钱在康复和恢复上。
And I didn't have a lot of money, so I didn't because I spent a lot of money trying to rehab and and get back.
大约30到31岁的时候,一个叫莱顿·休伊特的12岁孩子敲响了我的门。
So I got a knock on the door when I was about 30, 31 years of age from a 12 year old kid called Layton Hewitt.
他敲开我的门,说:‘我们打会儿网球吧?’
And he came through my door and said, can we hit some tennis balls?
于是我答应了。
So I got it.
那时我的状态还不错,还能打。
And I was still okay where I could play.
这是我第一次当教练的‘跳入火坑’经历,而他当时已经是位非凡的球员了。
And that was my jumping into the fire experience for my first time coaching with He already was an incredible player.
那时我正在和我后来的妻子维多利亚约会。
Was dating the lady that I married, Victoria, my wife, back then I was even dating her.
我记得她当时在厨房,我们家后院有个网球场,我跟他在球场打了几个小时,还和其他一些南澳青少年选手打过,回来后她对我说:‘你看起来状态不错。’
So I remember she was in the kitchen, we had a tennis court at the back, she was in the kitchen and I came back after hitting with him for a couple of hours and she and I'd hit with some other South Australian juniors as well and she said to me, you look good.
我说:‘天啊,这孩子实在太出色了。’
And I said, oh my god, this kid is outrageously good.
他个子小,但超级快,超级有竞争力,他当时有个不同的教练叫彼得·史密斯,之后整个职业生涯都跟着彼得训练。
He was little, but super fast, super competitive, and he had a different coach, Peter Smith, and and worked with Peter throughout his entire career.
彼得是技术教练,他给了他非常出色的技术,而且我真的享受那两小时的每一刻,所以我们之后每周打三四次球,持续了五六年。当他大约十六七岁时,他问我是否愿意全职带他。
And Peter was the technical coach, and Peter had given him incredibly good technique, and yeah, I enjoyed every second of those two hours, and so we just ended up hitting three or four times a week for the next five or six years, And then when he got to about 16, 17, he asked if I'd go full time with him.
这就是我如何进入这一行的。
So that's how I got into it.
纯粹是运气。
Pure luck.
是的。
Yes.
所以这更像是随意的、巧合的相遇。
So it was, like, more like casual, like, coincidence.
就像人生一样,不在正确的时间出现在正确的地点。
Like like life, not being in the right place at the right moment.
当球员生涯的一扇门关闭时,另一扇门就打开了。
That's One door closes with the playing career and one opens.
就像那部电影《滑门》一样。
So it's like that movie Sliding Doors.
对吧?
Right?
滑门时刻。
The Sliding Doors moment.
所以我想,他从小就非常出色,目标远大,而你一开始只是和他一起打球,并没有正式当他的教练,后来要开始指导他这样一位球员,恐怕并不容易。
And so I guess as he was very good already young, like, had very big goals and, like, for you to start to coach a player like him was probably not easy because at the end, you have been hitting with him for a while but not coaching.
当你开始肩负起赢得大满贯的重任时,感觉如何?
How was the responsibility to go and probably win try to win slams?
我们刚踏上巡回赛时,他的排名还在前100名之外。
So he was outside the top 100 when we first went on to the tour.
我当时毫无经验。
I was raw.
任何一位直接从球员转为教练的人,都会明白这一点。
So any any player that goes straight from playing to coaching Mhmm.
他们懂这项运动。
They understand the game.
他们懂技术,懂战术,但会犯错。
They understand the technical, the tactical, but they make mistakes.
我犯了很多错误。
And I made lots of mistakes.
所以回想起我和莱顿在一起的时光,我有点像说,是和他一起跳进了一辆保时捷。
So I I look back on my time with Layton, and I I described this a little bit like it's like jumping into a Porsche car with him.
我们跳进保时捷,然后和一百个朋友在赛道上竞速。
So we jump into the Porsche, and you're you're having a race around the track with a 100 of your mates.
你开着其中最快的车之一,却从队伍末尾起步。
And you've got one of the fastest cars, but you're starting at the back of the pack.
突然间,这孩子开始嗖嗖嗖嗖嗖嗖地加速。
And all of a sudden, this kid's going, zom zom zom zom zom zom.
比赛进行到一半,他已经排到世界第20,表现极其出色。
Halfway through the race, he's up to 20 in the world, and he's doing incredibly good.
他转过头对我说:我没刹车。
And he looks over to me and goes, I've got no brakes.
我们该怎么办?
What do we do?
我看着他,说:再快点。
And I look at him and go, go faster.
那差不多就是我们当时的做法。
That that was kind of what we did.
你知道的。
You know?
那时候我不懂怎么解决问题,嗯。
It was I didn't know how to fix problems Mhmm.
那时候。
Back then.
无论是处理家庭问题、比赛问题、ATP事务、球场上的态度,还是他技术上的各种问题,我都是凭感觉瞎撞。
So whether it be problems with dealing with the family or with the tournaments or with the ATP or with attitude on the court or with problems that we're having with his game and whatnot, I was winging it.
我完全是凭直觉行事。
I was just going by the seat of my pants.
他也是凭感觉在做事。
He was going by the seat of his pants.
这辆没有刹车的保时捷最终登上了世界第一的宝座。
And this Porsche without brakes ended up getting to number one in the world.
我不知道是怎么做到的,但迟早这辆保时捷会出事故,而我们的情况也正是如此。如果我能重来一次,我们确实做了很多对的事,他是个了不起的球员,但有些事情我会做得不一样,我会以不同的方式应对那些时刻,或许能让我们的职业生涯更长久一些。
I I don't know how, but at some point, the Porsche is gonna crash right at some point and that's kind of what happened with us so if I could go back and have my time again there was a lot of stuff that we both did right and he was an incredible player but there were there would be things I would do differently I'd be able to handle those moments differently to make sure that maybe we'd have more longevity.
是指网球方面,还是场外发生的事情?
Tennis wise or like with things that are happening off the court?
是的。
Yeah.
两方面都是。
Both.
身体方面的。
Both physically.
网球方面,以及他周围环境的应对也包括在内。
Tennis wise, dealing with the environment around him as well.
因为一个孩子在这么小的年纪,没有如此大的压力和期望,这在某个时刻肯定很难应对。
Because for a kid at such a young a young age, not to have, like, so much pressure, so much expectations has to be, like, so complicated to to deal with it at one point.
是的。
Yeah.
但事情发展到我们最终分道扬镳的地步。
But it got to the point where we ended up parting ways.
这对他和我来说都是正确的决定。
It was the right thing for him and me.
第二年,他赢得了温布尔登冠军,再次成为世界第一,这无疑对他来说是正确的选择。
The next year he went on and won Wimbledon, finished number one in the world again, so it was definitely the right thing for him.
他获得了新的动力和灵感。
He got fresh energy, new inspiration.
我记得我们分开大约六到八周后,我接到电话去执教阿加西。
I remember about six or eight weeks after we we stopped, I got a call to go and coach Agassi.
嗯。
Mhmm.
这件事背后有个很长的故事,但我就不跟你细说了。
And there's a long story behind that, but I won't bore you with that story.
但作为阿加西的教练,我第一次带他参加的锦标赛,他在决赛中对阵休伊特。
But the very first tournament that I was the coach of Agassi, he played Hewitt in the final.
那是一场经典比赛。
That was a classic.
在圣何塞举行的。
Of San Jose.
那真是一场经典。
Was a classic.
是的。
Yeah.
那场比赛我紧张得要命。
And I was I was so nervous for that match.
你看。
And look.
这肯定让人很不舒服。
It was uncomfortable for sure.
安装得不舒服。
Uncomfortable fitment.
我甚至不记得他打过球,但作为对手,他可能是最具挑衅性的。
And he's I don't even remember him playing, but as a competitor, he was maybe the most in your face competitor.
懂吗?
Know?
后来。
The later.
是的。
Yeah.
那场比赛的目标是击败安德烈,但可能也是为了给我点颜色看看。
So that match was about beating Andre, but probably about giving it to me as well.
但那是2002年最精彩的比赛之一。
But it was one of the best matches of 2002.
第三盘是七比六。
It was seven six in the third.
安德烈打得非常出色。
Andre played incredibly well.
安德烈在对阵他时遇到了困难。
Andre had trouble against him playing.
他是安德烈聘请我的原因之一,同时安德烈当时已经32岁,职业生涯即将接近尾声。
He was part of the reason why he he hired me as well as that Andre was 32 years of age getting towards the end of his career.
莱顿是世界第一,他想找出击败莱顿的方法。
Layton was number one, and he wanted to work out how to beat Layton.
于是他带着各种战术上场,有些奏效了,有些没有,第三盘他一度领先,比赛非常精彩,但最终莱顿赢了,赛后他第一个看的人就是我,但那确实是一场精彩的比赛,你知道,网球中的竞争和一点火药味是好事。
So he went on to the court with all these tactics and some of them worked, of them didn't, he had a break in the third, amazing match and Layton ended up winning and yeah, first person he looked at after the match was me so but it was a great match and that's you know rivalries and and a little bit of spice in tennis is good.
所以是的。
So yeah.
太不可思议了。
Incredible.
这同样适用于教练工作,因为安德烈当时已经是七届大满贯冠军、奥运金牌得主,而且早已登顶世界第一。
And that goes to coaching as well is that one of the things with Andre was already seven time major champion, Olympic gold medal, or already won number one in the world.
他是这项运动的传奇人物。
Legend of the game.
因此,执教一位已经成就斐然的32岁球员,与刚接手一辆保时捷的挑战完全不同。
And so the challenges of coaching a 32 year old that was already up there was completely different to jumping in the Porsche.
是的。
Yeah.
这份工作的性质是非黑即白的。
The type of job is like black and white.
从一个什么都要学的年轻球员,到一个可能比你还懂很多东西的球员。
From being a kid who has to learn everything to someone who probably can teach you a lot of things.
对吧?
Right?
他教会了我一切。
He taught me everything.
是的。
Yeah.
他教我如何沟通、如何分析比赛、如何拆解战术,以及在球员处于困境时如何与他们交谈。
He taught me how to communicate, how to analyze matches, how to break down, how how to talk to a player in tough moments.
他教给我的关于教练的知识,远多于我教给他的关于网球的内容。
He taught me much more about coaching than I taught him about tennis.
但我们当时特别专注的一点,更多是源自布拉德·吉尔伯特的风格。
But one of the things that we were really concentrated, and this is more an extension of Brad Gilbert.
嗯。
Mhmm.
布拉德和安德烈合作了八年。
Brad spent eight years with Andre.
他们一起取得了非凡的职业成就。
They had a remarkable career together.
我认为他们一起赢得了六项大满贯冠军。
I think they won six majors together.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
八年是很长的时间,就像我之前说的,安德烈只是需要一个新声音。
Eight years is a long time, it just got to a point where, as I said before, Andre just needed a fresh voice.
我接手后,继续了布拉德的工作,因为有时候布拉德或安德烈会落入对手的节奏。
I come in, I continued the work of Brad's in that sometimes Brad sometimes Andre would play into the hands of his opponent.
所以安德烈总是希望走上球场,打自己的风格、自己的网球,因为他知道自己的打法就像你一样。
So Andre always wanted to walk onto the court and play his style, his tennis, because he knew that his style of tennis bit like you.
当安德烈发挥出色时,他的网球风格是世界上最好的,没人能击败他,他根本不在乎对手做什么。
His style of tennis was the best style of tennis in the world when he played well, and no one could beat him, and he didn't care what the other person did.
他只想彻底击败那个对手。
He just wanted to go through that opponent.
嗯。
Mhmm.
但有时候,有些球员在你拿出最佳状态时反而会发挥得更好。
But sometimes there are players that play well when you give them your best stuff.
嗯。
Mhmm.
他对某些球员有困难,是的。
And he had issues against certain players Mhmm.
如果我们派他上场,让他把球打到中间,稍微用点切削反手,增加一点高度,不要发大力的发球,多加些上旋,把球打到角落外侧,他们能很好地移动到角落,但在球场中间就不那么好了,也打不开局面。
Where if we sent him onto the court and said, come on, jump the ball down the middle a little bit, use a slice backhand, play with a little bit of height, don't hit the big first serve, play with a little more kick, get the ball outside the pocket, they move well into the corners, but they're not so good in the middle of the court and they can't open.
你可以做各种各样的事情。
There's all sorts of stuff that you can do.
安德烈开始赢下这些比赛,但他走下球场时却说:‘今天这场比赛我感觉不太好。’
And Andre started winning these matches and he walked off the court and go, I didn't feel good about today's match.
为什么会这样?
And it was so, why?
比分是多少?
What was the score?
是的。
Yeah.
我知道我以6比2、6比2赢了,但我就是感觉……
I I know I won six two six two, but I I I I didn't
他就是喜欢赢那种难看的比赛。
He did like winning ugly.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
但上次你和这个人打的时候,第三盘是7比6,打了三个小时,然后你走下球场。
But last time you played this person, it was seven six in the third, three hours, and you walked off the court.
所以我觉得,今天打得真不错。
So I was like, really good today.
但你有时候自己给自己制造麻烦。
But you're making life tough for yourself sometimes.
随着年龄增长,他必须变得更聪明,而且当时他已经32岁了,得更多地保护自己的身体。
He had to get smarter as he got older with and also he was a 32 year old, and he had to protect his body a little bit more.
所以每当他能稍微规避一下那种身体对抗时,我们都会抓住机会,这就像往银行里存了一点钱。
So whenever he could sort of cut a corner with getting himself away from that physicality, we would take it because it's like putting a little bit of money in the bank.
因此,我与安德烈合作的主要目标就是让他成为一个更聪明、更高效的网球选手,而结果发现,他必须打得更聪明的对手之一就是莱顿。
So that was my main role with Andre is to make him a smarter, more effective tennis player and lo and behold, one of the players that he had to play much smarter against was Layton.
我记得2005年的时候,安德烈那时已经35岁了,或者说是34岁,可能是2004年。
And I remember in 2005 now, Andre's 35 now, '34, '35, 2004 maybe.
一个典型的例子是,安德烈在辛辛那提的半决赛中与罗迪克打了三小时的比赛。
Classic example of this was that Andre played Roddick in a three hour semi final in Cincinnati in the semifinal.
第三盘抢七,那是我见过的最精彩的比赛之一。
Seven six in the third, one of the greatest matches I've ever seen.
两位选手都发挥得非常好。
Both players played really well.
布拉德是罗迪克的教练。
Brad was the coach of Roddick.
比赛结束后,我和布拉德一起喝了一杯啤酒。
I had a beer with Brad after the match.
是的
Yeah.
我们走下球场时,布拉德。
Brad we walked off the court.
布拉德坐在那里说,这真是一场不可思议的比赛。
Brad's sitting there going, oh, it was unbelievable match.
我感到非常开心。
And I'm like, so happy.
是的
Yeah.
这是一场精彩的比赛。
It was a great match.
你想聊聊吗?
Do you wanna talk about it?
不。
No.
我不想谈这件事。
I don't wanna talk about it.
所以第二天,他得回来,而安德烈已经不行了。
And so the next day, he's gotta come back and Andre's done.
他去世了。
He's dead.
第二天,他得回来参加辛辛那提决赛,对阵莱顿·休伊特。
And the next day, he's gotta come back and play Layton Hewitt in the final of Cincinnati.
比赛当天早上,我对他说道,这是我们的机会。
And I said to him that morning of the match, this is our chance.
这是我们把所有讨论过的内容付诸实践的机会,看看你是否能赢下这场比赛——虽然你几乎不是用一条腿在打,但你的移动显然远不如平时。
This is our chance to put everything we've spoken about into full effect to see whether or not you can win a match playing basically, not on one leg, but he certainly wasn't moving nearly as well as he could have.
莱顿一路晋级决赛的赛程相当轻松,所以他已做好准备。
And Leighton had a pretty easy draw through to the final, so he was ready for that.
而安德烈也做到了。
And Andre did.
他走上球场。
He went on to the court.
他打得太不像安德烈了。
He played so not like Andre.
他做了安德烈从不会做的事,最终以三盘取胜。
He just did stuff that Andre never does, and he won in three sets.
这太惊人了。
It was amazing.
我们走下球场。
And we walked off the court.
老实说,这是我经历过的最令人满足的执教时刻之一。
And honestly, it was one of the most satisfying coaching moments that I've ever had.
他在比赛中表现得远超预期,但以那种方式赢得这项赛事,确实是一个特别令人满足的时刻。
He'd done way more in the game, but to win that tournament the way he did, that was a really satisfying moment.
所以我想,正是那些细微之处让你
So I guess it's the little things you
回望时会想起的。
look back on.
是的。
Yeah.
那就是适应能力,你能看到他能够调整自己,打出这种看起来不太美观但不同的网球。
That's the the adaptability, you like, to see that he was able to adapt and do this ugly tennis or different tennis.
没错。
It's a Exactly.
这对你来说是一份很好的礼物。
It's a nice gift for you.
你从莱顿——一个年轻且充满动力的球员——转向了安德烈,一个年纪大得多、在与网球的关系中经历了很多的球员。
And you so you went from Leighton who is, like, a young super motivated player to Andre who is like a way older player who went through a lot with his relation with tennis.
是的。
Yes.
就像我们都知道的,我读过那本书,觉得难以置信。
And like we all know, I read the book or found it unbelievable.
我当时就想,你是怎么帮助他处理与网球的关系,找到那种轻松和快乐的呢?
And I was like, so how did you help him with that relation with tennis and find that lightness and joy?
如果你读过那本书,就会知道他对网球的关系非常复杂。
His relationship with tennis is complicated, if you've read the book.
有些日子,他始终找不到正确的平衡。
There are days when he he never find found the right balance.
对他来说,正确的平衡是赢得喜悦与输掉痛苦相等,但他总觉得输球的痛苦远大于赢球的喜悦,因此他几乎无法充分享受胜利的时刻,而更多地沉浸在失利的痛苦中,我想这就是他过去在网球上挣扎的原因。直到他遇见了斯蒂芬妮·格拉芙,情况才略有改变,因为他找到了生活中的平衡,遇到了一个了不起的人。
So the right balance for him is that you can get the joy from winning equals the pain from losing and he always found the pain from losing much harder than the highs from winning so he didn't enjoy the the winning moments nearly as much as he suffered through the losing and that's why he struggled a little bit with tennis I think once he met Steph, Stephie Graff, things changed a little bit because he found some balance in life He found an incredible person.
我不知道你是否认识斯蒂芬妮,但她是我们见过最脚踏实地、最谦逊的冠军之一,也是世界上最容易交谈的人,幽默风趣,而且是个重视家庭的人,不仅为自己的家庭付出一切,也为别人的家庭倾尽全力。
I don't know if you know Steph, but Steph is one of the most grounded, humble champions we've ever seen, easiest person in the world to speak to, funny as anything, and a family person who does anything for a family and anybody else's family too by the way.
她是一位了不起的女性,他遇到了一位非凡的女性,我认为她让他沉稳下来,赋予了他目标。带着这份目标,他开始为贫困儿童的教育筹集大量资金。如今,他在全美支持了大约150所特许学校,帮助那些负担不起教育费用的孩子们,他在拉斯维加斯还创办了一所出色的特许学校,他开始为这些孩子打球。
She's an amazing woman and he's met an incredible woman and I think she grounded him and gave him purpose and along with that purpose he started to raise a lot of money for underprivileged children for education so I think he's open now about a 150 charter schools around America for kids that can't afford an education he has an amazing charter school in Las Vegas So he started to play for them.
嗯。
Mhmm.
他找到了生命中的意义。
And he found purpose within his life.
所以这已经不再关乎他本人了。
So it wasn't about him anymore.
而是关乎我如何改变别人的生活?
It was about how can I change people's lives?
我如何才能最好地照顾我的家人、我的孩子们?
How can I do the best by my family, my kids?
他每天早上醒来时都有了真正的目标。
And he had real purpose when he woke up every morning.
所以我是在一个很好的时机接触到他的,好的。
So I got him at a good time Okay.
在他的人生和职业生涯中,这让我感到非常幸运。
In his life and his career, which I was very fortunate for.
布拉德陪他度过了艰难的时刻和艰难的岁月,但他们至今仍是最好的朋友。
Brad had him through the difficult moments, difficult years, but they were all they're still best friends.
他们相处得非常好,而他确实是个了不起的人。
They get on incredibly well, and and it's been, he's a remarkable man.
他愿意为你倾其所有。
He'd give you the shirt off his back.
你任何需要的东西,他都会帮你办到。
Anything that you need, he'll get it done for you.
他真的非常热爱网球这项运动。
And he really cares about the game of tennis.
即使到现在,我还能说出七、八、九位他过去十年里指导和帮助过的球员,而他这一切都是无偿的。
Even now, I could name seven, eight, nine players that he's worked with and helped over the last ten years, and he does it all for nothing.
他从不向他们收取一分钱。
Doesn't charge them a single cent.
如果你来拉斯维加斯,他会陪你上球场。
If you come to Vegas, he'll get onto the court with you.
如果你需要帮助,他会立刻打电话给你。
If you need some help, he'll jump on the phone with you.
他是个非凡的人。
He's a remarkable man.
世界上像他这样的人不多。
Not many like him in the world.
他想传递这种精神。
He wants to give back that sense.
没错。
Exactly.
是的。
Yeah.
很好。
Nice.
当你了解他的出身背景后,这种转变真的很棒。
It's a good evolution when you I mean, when you heard from where he come from, it's it's good to be able to
他明白,他极其聪明。
He understands he's incredibly intelligent.
实际上,他有时候聪明过头了,因为确实如此。
Actually, little bit too intelligent sometimes for his own good because yeah.
他在网球界是我见过的最能把事情搞复杂的人。
He can he can complicate it like no one else that I've met in tennis.
从教练的角度来看,当他指导时,有时会给我发消息,我读他发给球员的信息时,都会想:哦,这真是够复杂的。
And even from a coaching point of view, when he's coaching, he'll send me some messages sometimes, and I'll read the message that he's sending to his player, and I'm going, oh, that's that's that's that's pretty complicated.
是的。
Yeah.
我比他更黑白分明一些,试着简化一点,但他是对的。
I'm a I'm a little more black and white than he is and, trying to simplify a little bit, but he's right.
他说的每一件事都完全正确,但你得找到一个平衡点,让球员理解的难度适中。
In everything he says, he's absolutely a 100% right, but you have to find a balance of how difficult do you make it for your player to understand.
所以,是的,如果你有机会和他一起做这样的事的话。
So, yeah, he's he's if you sit if you get a chance to do one of these with him
我们很喜欢。
We love it.
是的。
Yeah.
我们正在努力
We're trying
找到自己的方向。
to find our way.
你会感兴趣的。
You'll be fascinated.
是的。
Yep.
所以,你觉得某种程度上,减少对网球或结果的执着,帮助他更快乐地打球,并持续获胜吗?
So you think in in a way, like, being less obsessed with tennis or with the results was what helped him to, like, be happier on the court and keep be able to keep winning?
说实话,你得去问他。
Honestly, you'd have to ask him that.
好的。
Okay.
他一旦找到了目标,一旦找到了每天早上起床的理由,嗯。
He he's once he found the purpose, once he found a reason to get up in the morning Mhmm.
而且他做事的方式之一,也是他了不起的地方,就是他不喜欢浪费时间。
And and do what he does one of the great things about him also is he didn't like to waste time.
所以他是个忙人,做着各种各样的事情。
So he was a busy man with everything that he was doing.
所以当我开始和他合作时,他已经32岁了。
So when I started with him, he was 32 years of age.
他36岁就退役了。
He finished when he was 36.
因此,我们一起度过了五年非凡的网球时光。
So we spent five years, five years of incredible tennis together.
最后一年很艰难,因为他的背部一直有问题。
The last year was tough because he was struggling with the back.
是的。
Yeah.
甚至在美网期间,你读到过相关报道,他为了能上场,不得不接受背部的皮质醇注射。
So even at the US Open, you read the story, he was taking cortisone shots in in the back and just to get onto the court to be
能看出他不再是同一位球员了。
able could see it was not the same player.
没错。
Exactly.
没错。
Exactly.
所以伊恩当时已经32岁了。
So Ian was I mean, 32 already at this time.
而且是的。
And Yeah.
网球这项运动已经过时了。
Tennis was old.
他现在都40岁了。
He's like 40 now.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以,大概是35岁之类的。
So, like, 35, etcetera.
但确实如此。
But Yeah.
确实,到最后他还是继续打了一段时间,是的。
It's true that at the end, he he kept playing a bit Yeah.
为了告别,但他已经不是当年的那个球员了,看到他如此辉煌的职业生涯以这种方式结束,真让人难过。
To say goodbye, but he was not the same player, and he was it's sad to see for him after such a great career.
但他在美国公开赛上对阵巴格达蒂斯的那场比赛,堪称完美的告别。
But he had that one match against Baghdadis at the US Open which was the perfect goodbye.
我知道他下一round输给了本杰明·贝克尔,但对我们来说,那场对阵巴格达蒂斯的比赛就是完美的告别——他比赛的方式、比赛的戏剧性,都是最完美的收尾。甚至他父亲在比赛后找到我,说‘就在这儿结束吧’,我们都跟安德烈谈过,建议他在那场比赛后退役,但他坚持要握着球拍完成比赛,这很好,他真是个非凡的人——他每天早上起床的目的,就是确保自己能回馈孩子们,尤其是在拉斯维加斯那些负担不起教育的孩子们。
I I know he ended up losing to Benjamin Becker in the next round but for us that match against Bagdadis was the perfect goodbye and the way he played the the drama of the match it was the perfect way and even his dad came up to me after the match and said that's it pull him out after the match and we all did speak to Andre about maybe pulling out after the match but he he wanted to finish with a racket in his hands so which was good so no a remarkable man The purpose of getting up every morning and making sure that he was able to give back to the kids, especially at that time it was in Las Vegas that couldn't afford an education.
他创办的预备学院,背后的故事也同样令人惊叹。
The story behind his preparatory academy, the school is quite amazing as well.
我认为他为这所大学筹集了超过一亿美元的慈善资金,使其能够永久性地持续运营下去。
I think he's raised over $100,000,000 in charity money that goes into that college so it's forever funded for the rest of history.
但他不喜欢浪费时间,因为他是个非常忙碌的人。
But he didn't like to waste time because he was such a busy man.
所以我们每次在球场上的训练从不超过一个半小时,就这样结束了。之后我们会去健身房,和吉尔·雷耶斯一起训练。吉尔·雷耶斯有一句名言:‘规划工作,然后执行计划’。我们五年来一直坚持这个理念。很多时候,我们去健身房一待就是四个小时,但实际锻炼可能只有三十分钟,剩下的三个半小时我们都在聊天。
So we never practiced more than 90 on the court, hour and a half that was it and then we'd go into the gym with Gil Reyes, Gil Reyes has an incredible saying plan the work and work the plan and we stuck to that theory for five years Quite often we'd go in for a gym session and it would last four hours and we'd only work out for maybe thirty minutes and for three and a half hours we'd end up just talking.
是的,这本身也是一种教育。你知道,如果你能和一起工作的人建立深厚的关系,超越普通朋友,分享故事、情感和彼此经历的挣扎,并一起努力克服它们,这可能比打网球本身更重要,对吧?
Yeah, that was that was an education in itself, know, as you know if you can form a bond with the people that you work with and become more than friends and share stories and share emotions and share those struggles that you're going through and try to work your way through them, it's probably more important than hitting tennis balls right?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我喜欢这样。
I I like it.
我觉得这是你和安德烈相处时学到的最重要的东西是什么?
I I think it's my what would you say your biggest learning would be with Andre?
做好准备。
Prepare.
要时刻做好准备。
Be be be prepared.
是的。
Yeah.
我当时并没有做好准备,虽然我在某种程度上了解他要对阵的所有球员。
He his I wasn't prepared at the I was prepared in the sense that I knew all the players he was playing.
我刚从巡回赛回来。
I'd pretty much just come off the tour.
我之前已经全职执教莱顿三四年了。
I'd been coaching Layton for three or four years full time on the tour.
所以我多少知道如何为球员的比赛做准备,但他把这提升到了一个新的层次。比如,他当时要对阵的是理查德·加斯凯特,另一位法国选手,我记得那场比赛,于是我专门去观看了加斯凯特的比赛。我们坐下来,本打算讨论如何对付加斯凯特,但他根本不是关心怎么打,他想回答问题。他问我:‘如果我第一发球把他逼到外角,他是会用切削回球,还是会全力正手进攻?’
So I knew to a certain degree how to prepare a player for a match but he took it to a new level so he was more on the lines of playing Richard Gasquet, another French person and I remember this match actually so I went and scouted Gasquet's match and so we sit down and we're about to talk about how to play Gascade and it wasn't about how to play him, he wanted answers to questions so he said if I serve him wide on the first court is he going to push that ball with a slice or is he gonna take a big full swing?
他站位在哪里?
And where is he going to stand for that?
他是会后退,还是会就在发球线附近接球?
Is he going to back up or is he gonna take that around about the service line?
他是会切角,还是会横向移动来接这个球?
And is he going to cut the corner a little bit or is he to move laterally to return that?
如果他接了这个球,他会后退几步吗?那样的话,如果我打反手斜线,就能把他逼到那个角落,我或许就能……
And if he makes that return, is he gonna back up a couple of steps where if I take my backhand cross court, I can push him deep into that corner where I might be able to no.
不。
No.
但这类问题有一百个之多。
But this is like a 100 of these questions.
所以我必须为这个角色做好准备。
And so I had to prepare for that role.
他非常善于分析,只想了解那些细微的差别,嗯。
And so he was so analytical that he just wanted to know the nuances Mhmm.
可能会遇到什么情况。
Of what maybe to expect.
安德烈最了不起的地方在于,如果事情没有按照我说的那样发展,他从不怪罪任何人。
The greatest thing about Andre is if something didn't go according to what I said, he didn't blame anybody.
他只是做出调整。
He just adjusted.
而如今很多球员,如果你告诉他们注意接外角发球,他们却偏偏打到中间,就会转过头说:‘哎呀,球正好来了。’
Whereas a lot of players today, if you tell a player, watch the wide serve, and they go bang down the middle, they'll look over and go, the the big exactly.
这种情况现在经常发生,但他从不这样。
That comes all the time now, but he never did that.
他从来不会这样,因为他太专业了,知道这招没奏效。
Never ever did it because he was such a professional that, okay, that didn't work out.
可能偶尔会发生两三次。
Maybe two or three times it happens.
那我得开始防住这一球了。
Now I need to start covering that one.
而他会做出调整。
And he made adjustments.
是的
Yeah.
他是个职业选手,完全的职业选手,每次踏上球场都愿意承担责任,这我非常敬佩。
He was a pro, a total pro that accepted responsibility every time he stepped on the court, which I totally respect.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
伊万·卢比奇也跟我们说过关于罗杰·弗雷尔的同样的话。
Ivan Lubitsch told us the same things about Roger Freyr.
他们必须以这种方式准备比赛:好吧,如果我发球到那里,会发生什么?
That's they had to prepare the match in a way that, okay, if I serve there, what happened?
有点像安德烈那样。
Like, a bit like Andre looks like.
打网球就像下象棋一样。
Playing tennis like chess kind of.
对吧?
No?
是的。
Is.
但这确实是一盘棋局。
But it is a chess
是一盘棋局。
is a chess game.
如果我指导你,而你正在打罗巴克纳比赛的话。
It's a it's if I'm coaching you and you're playing, let's say, Robakena.
嗯。
Mhmm.
一个大发球手,诸如此类,我知道你喜欢在接发球时积极主动,喜欢站得靠前,全力进攻发球,但你接发球失误太多了。
Big server, whatnot, and I know you like to be aggressive on the return of serve, you like to stand in, like to go after the serve, and you're missing too many returns.
所以指导的意义在于为你展示另一种方式,不一定是直接告诉你该做什么,而是给你一些可以尝试的选项。
So coaching is about showing you a different way, not necessarily telling you what to do, but giving you options about what to try.
于是我走到你面前,卡拉,说:也许我们需要后退几步,因为你面对的是一个发球很强的对手,而你失误太多了。
And I come over to you, Kara, and I say, maybe we need to back up a couple of steps because you're playing someone that's and you're making too many mistakes.
所以往后退。
So back up.
你看着我说:达伦,达伦,达伦。
And you look at me and go, Darren, Darren, Darren.
这就是我的打法,你知道的,因为我偶尔能打出一记漂亮的接发球,拿到一分,而我就站在这里。
This is the way I play, you know, because every now and then I hit a good return and I get a free point, and this is where I'm standing.
所以我正在放弃自己最大的优势。
So I'm giving away my greatest strengths.
不。
No.
我要坚持我最擅长的方式。
I'm gonna stay with what I do best.
但如果我走过去对你说,卡拉,现在发生的情况是。
But if I come up to you and say, Caro, this is what's happening.
你面对的对手发球速度快了四五英里每小时。
You're playing someone that's serving four or five miles an hour faster.
我们没有时间做这么大的挥拍动作。
We don't have the time to take that big swing.
我们这里有两个选择。
We've got two choices here.
首先,你可以缩短挥拍,把球挡回去。
Firstly, you can shorten your swing and and block it back.
这样做的问题是,你在底线回球时。
The problem with that is you're on the baseline on the return.
如果你没打完美,就得后退两步,而他们的加力球会立刻给你造成压力,这可不是个好的防守位置。
If you don't hit it perfect, you have to back up two steps, and their plus one's gonna hurt you straight away, and that's not a good place to defend from.
或者我们可以后退两步,用完整的挥拍主动进攻。
Or we can take two steps back and take your full swing and go after.
我知道你不会打出那么多制胜球,也不会赢得那么多免费得分,但这样一来,他们可能会开始稍微减慢发球速度,因为他们得不到之前那么多的免费得分了。
I know you're not gonna hit as many winners, and you're not gonna win as many free points, but then they might start taking a little bit of pace off their first serve knowing they're not getting the free points they were getting.
当他们打乱了这种发球节奏,你就可以重新上前,时不时地打他们个措手不及,这样就能扰乱他们的节奏,从而获得机会。
And then as they throw that bull toss off, up, you can go back in and surprise them every now and then we could throw off their rhythm a little bit and get.
所以如果我跟你说这些,你肯定会看着我说:‘好吧,改吧,老兄。’
So if I say that to you, you're gonna look at me and go, okay, change it, mate.
我们至少会尝试一下。
We we try at least.
但如果你听到我告诉你该怎么做,比如‘我们需要这么做’,你可能会像所有优秀球员那样有点固执,说:‘不,这才是我该打的方式。’
But if I tell you what to do, hey, we need to do this, you're probably gonna be a bit stubborn like all great players are and go, no, this is the way I need to play.
这就是教练的职责。
So that's coaching.
关键在于你如何传达信息,展现全局,而不是直接告诉球员该做什么,而是给他们提供多种选择。
It's it's about the way you communicate a message and show the big picture and not necessarily telling the player what to do, but giving the player options.
嗯。
Mhmm.
然后你就会说:‘好吧。’
And then you'll go, alright.
我们先试着打几个球。
We try it for a few points.
如果行不通,我就再介入。
And if it doesn't work, then I go back in.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
就是这样。
It's like yeah.
当然。
For sure.
这是沟通,以及你如何向球员传达,比如
It's communication and how you present to players and, like
没错。
Correct.
而不是感到被迫。
And not feeling forced.
通常不会,它能帮你变得更加开放。
Usually, no, it helps you, like, to be a bit more open minded.
对吧?
Right?
当他们告诉你必须这么做时,你会比以前更封闭一些。
When they tell you you have to do this, you're a bit more closed than
我以前也是这样。
when I was too.
情况完全一样。
That was exactly the same.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
但不仅仅是网球运动员。
But not even tennis players.
我觉得每个人都是这样。
I think everyone.
你知道的吧?
You know?
比如当你父母说,你必须这么做。
Like, when your parents are like, you have to do this.
如果这是一条规矩,你立刻就会变得叛逆。
And if it's like a rule, you are like a rebel immediately.
如果他们给你选择,并告诉你:这是正确的地方,由你来决定,那好吧,我会去做。
If they give you options and they teach you, this is the right place you choose, then, okay, I will do it.
没错。
Exactly.
没错。
Exactly.
在阿加西之后,你扮演了不同的角色,开始更多地参与阿迪达斯的咨询工作。
After Agassi, you took like a different kind of role, knowing you went more like into consulting with Adidas.
是的
Yeah.
从一直只与一位球员合作,转变为接触不同的比赛风格和个性,这种转变感觉如何?
How was that like change from being always with one player to like seeing different game styles, different personalities?
是的
Yeah.
这段经历怎么样?
How was that experience?
所以我非常喜欢它。
So I loved it.
我真的非常喜欢。
I I really did.
这是一个很棒的项目。
It was a great program.
我觉得这个项目对阿迪达斯来说也很有吸引力。
I think they it also was attractive for we call it Adidas.
你们叫它阿迪达斯?
You guys call it Adidas?
不。
No.
阿迪达斯。
Adidas.
对吧?
Right?
阿迪达斯。
Adidas.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我不是德国人,我不清楚。
So I'm not German, so I don't know.
是的。
Yeah.
完美。
Perfect.
完美。
Perfect.
是的。
Yeah.
你想改的时候就改。
Change it when you want.
实际上,达斯勒的故事很棒,但那是另一个话题。
Actually, the the Dassler story is a great it's a different subject.
那对兄弟的故事也很精彩,但阿迪·达斯勒才是阿迪达斯这个名字的来源。
The the the two brothers is amazing story as well, but Adi Dassler was the guy's name to Adidas.
我们推出了一项计划,不仅帮助了阿迪达斯的球员,而且我们并不一定是任何球员的全职教练,但如果没有教练,就像你目前和卢巴奇奇的关系一样,他偶尔会出现,给你一些建议,或者为你现有的教练提供一些指导。
We they put a program together that not only helped the Adidas players, and we weren't necessarily the full time coaches of any player, but if a player didn't have a coach, a little bit like Lubacitch with you at the moment where he comes along every now and then and just gives you a little bit of advice, or he gives some mentoring to the coach that you have in place.
所以这很棒。
So it was great.
那个项目的唯一问题是,当一位阿迪达斯球员对阵另一位阿迪达斯球员时,我们必须退后。
The only problem with that program was if an Adidas player was playing an Adidas player, we had to step back.
好的。
Okay.
我们什么都不能做,我想这跟你对阵法国球员时的情况一样。
And we couldn't do anything, which I guess it's the same with you playing a French player.
对吧?
Right?
鲁巴奇奇能帮你制定对抗另一位法国球员的战术吗?
Would Lubricic be able to help you match plan against another French player?
也许不行。
Maybe not.
我不知道。
I don't know.
是的。
Yeah.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我们法国球员没那么多。
We are not that many French players.
所以那正是那个角色唯一的限制,我们这样做了大约五年,期间我有机会与各种球员合作,包括男女球员,我非常享受这段经历,因为它让我作为一名教练学到了很多——我得以与不同环境中的不同球员和教练交流,而且我还继续与吉尔·雷耶斯合作了五六年,吉尔是阿迪达斯项目的体能训练师。
So that was the only handcuffs on that particular role, and we did it for about five years, and I got to work with a range of players, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, both male and female players and it taught me a lot as a coach because I got to to talk to different players and different coaches in different environments and I also got to work along for another five or six years with Gil Reyes So Gil was the strength and conditioning trainer for the Adidas program.
很多球员会来拉斯维加斯,我们在拉斯维加斯举办了更多训练营,几乎每个阿迪达斯球员都经过那里。
A lot of players would come into Las Vegas and we do more training camps in Las Vegas and and just about every Adidas player came through there.
因此,当安迪·穆雷暂时没有固定教练时,我与他合作了相当长的一段时间。
So I ended up working with Andy Murray for quite a period of time when he didn't have a coach or a main coach there for a while.
此外,我的工作职责之一是,如果他们没有教练,我就帮他们找到合适的教练,是的。
And then also part of my job was if they didn't have a coach is to help them get the right coach Yeah.
为球员匹配性格相合的教练。
To place the right coach with the right personality with with the player.
在那段时间,我帮助牵线搭桥,让伊万·伦德尔与安妮配对,还协助了其他多位教练和球员的组合。
So I helped bring Ivan, Lendal, together with with Annie in that period and a bunch of other coaches and players as well.
所以,是的,那很棒。
So, yeah, it was great.
我真的很享受那段时光。
I I really enjoyed it.
不错。
Nice.
如果球员正在寻找新教练,你会给他们什么建议呢?
What advice would you give, like, to a player when they're, like, trying to find a new coach?
你会给他们一些具体的建议,告诉他们该注意什么吗?
Would you give them, like, any specific advice on what to look?
是的。
Yeah.
你必须问很多问题。
You have to ask a lot of questions.
我认为你应该把自己当作球员时,更像一位首席执行官。
I think you have to treat your role as the player more like a CEO Yeah.
就像一家公司的CEO一样,你必须进行面试。
Of a company now, and you have to interview.
这很有帮助。
It helps.
这是来自一位教练的看法。
This is coming from a coach.
如果球员主动打电话给潜在教练,这能提升一千个百分点,嗯。
It helps a thousand percent if the player picks up the phone and calls Mhmm.
而不是通过经纪人。
A potential coach and not an agent.
是的。
Yeah.
如果经纪人打电话来,我可能会说,算了。
If an agent calls up, I'm likely to say, it's okay.
你不能把最重要的决定委托给别人。
Don't You cannot delegate the most important, like, decision you have to take.
对吧?
Right?
这个决定必须由你亲自来做,是的。
It has to be coming from you and Yeah.
这个决定。
The decision.
所以,如果你对一位教练或者三到四位教练感兴趣,当球员亲自打电话,从教练的角度直接与球员沟通时,这确实会带来很大的影响,至少我是这么认为的。
So if you're interested in a coach or potentially three or four coaches, if the player picks up the phone and you talk directly to the player from a coaching perspective, yeah, that leaves a big impact as far as I'm concerned.
所以我觉得这非常重要,但你要准备一堆问题,提出你想问的任何问题,尽可能从那位教练那里获取更多信息,即使你最终没有选择这些教练,你也在通过提问了解自己的球技,对吧?
So I think that's really important, but have a bunch of questions, ask the questions you want to try to draw as much information as you can out of that coach to see how they handle different situations, and even if you don't go with those particular coaches, you're asking questions about your game, right?
你在问:你如何看待我的球技?
You're saying, how do you see my game?
你觉得我的
Where do
你觉得我的进步会来自哪里?
you think my improvements will come from?
你非常喜欢。
You like Absolutely.
我的
My
百分之百。
100%.
当然。
For sure.
其他所有运动都是这样做的。
Every other sport does it.
我的意思是,现在你为公司招聘人的时候,会让他们做案例分析之类的,即使你最终没雇他们,也能获得一些建议或见解,不是从客户的角度,而是——
I mean, when you're hiring someone for your company now, you ask them to do a case study or something, and if you you don't hire them, you have, like, some tips or some perspective, not from customer per like,
所以,没错。
so Correct.
正是如此。
Exactly.
说得好。
Good point.
是的。
Yeah.
然后你就选择了西蒙娜。
Then you went with Simona.
对。
Yep.
从教练两个男性转变为教练女性,这种变化体现在哪里?
How was that changed from coaching, like, two men to going to a women?
当时他还很年轻。
He was quite young still by the moment.
我当时大概是23或24岁。
I'm, like, 23 or 24.
是的。
Yeah.
那感觉怎么样?
How was that?
但她已经是一位出色的球员了。
But she was already a great player.
她当时已经是世界第一了。
She was already top number.
世界第三?
Three in the world?
你刚开始和她合作时,她是世界第二吗?
Number two when you start working together?
是的。
Yeah.
第一个比赛是印第安维尔斯。
The first tournament was Indian Wells.
好的。
Okay.
但那是我通过这个项目和她合作了十个月。
And but that was so I worked with her for ten months through the program.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
她,嗯。
She yeah.
她当时是我做了一次训练。
She was a I did a session.
没错。
That's right.
所以,我参与这个项目后和她一起参加的第一个比赛是印第安维尔斯,而且她以非常戏剧性的方式赢得了比赛,顺便说一句。
So the first tournament through the program that I was with her was Indian Wells, and she won it in dramatic fashion, though, too, by the way.
我非常喜欢西蒙娜,她是个了不起的人,要描述她所取得的成就很难,因为我觉得她很可能会成为罗马尼亚历史上最伟大的网球运动员,甚至可能是罗马尼亚历史上最伟大的运动员。你有纳斯塔塞,赢过几个大满贯,曾经是世界第一,但可能不像西蒙娜那样长期保持顶尖水平;而西蒙娜赢得了温布尔登,并在决赛中击败了可能是史上最伟大的选手——塞雷娜。
I love Simona, she's an amazing person, describe what she was able to accomplish is difficult because I think she'll probably go down as Romania's greatest ever tennis player, maybe Romania's greatest ever athlete, You have Nastasi who won a couple of majors, was number one in the world, maybe not as long as what Simona was for, but Simona won Wimbledon and she beat maybe the greatest of all time in the final of Wimbledon, Serena.
但网球对她来说也不容易。
But also, tennis didn't come easy to her as well.
你和她打过很多次比赛。
You played her many times.
你赢过她,也输过她,但每次走上球场对阵她时,都知道这将是一场苦战。
You had wins against her, you had losses against her, but you knew every time you walked onto the court against her, it was gonna be a battle.
你得为每一个球拼尽全力。
Like, you had to fight for every damn point.
她有一种心态,一种斗士般的精神,非常了不起,因为即使在青少年时期,她也没有很强的力量,很难从底线轻松得分,发球也不够强劲,她不喜欢上网,也不喜欢打小球。
And she had this mentality, this fighter mentality that was remarkable because even as a junior, you know, she didn't have a lot of power, she couldn't win points easily from the back of the court, she didn't have a big serve, she didn't like to come to the net, she didn't like to play drop shots.
她的打法中有许多她并不喜欢的方面。
There's a lot about her game that she didn't like.
她只是喜欢跑动。
She just liked it to run.
她就是热爱奔跑和竞争。
She just loved to run and compete.
还有穿越球,对,
To passing shots and like Yep,
她做得极其出色,所以当我刚开始和她合作时,我们必须想办法让她的生活轻松一点,否则光是跑动就会把自己累垮。你知道吗,她的战绩非常惊人,我认为她连续五六年都稳居世界前五,从未跌出过,而以她这种打法,每场比赛都异常艰难。
and she did it incredibly well, so when I started with her, we had to try to find ways to make life a little bit easier for her because otherwise just wear yourself out you know she has one of the most amazing records where I think she spent five or six years in the top five didn't come out of it which for the her style of play that every match she played was really tough.
所以一方面,这是关于表现的问题;另一方面,还有压力的问题——除非你来自罗马尼亚,否则可能很难真正体会。但在那个年代,作为罗马尼亚人,她是最高调的运动员,每个人都希望她成为世界第一,每个人都希望她赢得大满贯。她离成功如此之近,却多次在大满贯中遭遇令人心碎的失利,比如在法网对阵奥斯塔彭科时,她曾领先两个破发局,那场失利令人痛心。或许我执教生涯中最糟糕的一刻就发生在那之后,我想跟你说说这件事,因为我觉得这能带来很好的启示:作为团队里最年长、最有经验的人,她在输给奥斯塔彭科后,正为自己的首个大满贯冠军、为首次登顶世界第一而战,背负着巨大的期望。来自罗马尼亚民众的压力无处不在,你甚至能感受到那种窒息般的紧张。我知道她终将夺冠,但你永远不确定,毕竟你已经打进过三次决赛了,你心里会想:如果这次再错过,她真的还能实现吗?
And so there's that side of it it's the performance side of it but then the pressure side of it which I guess unless you're from Romania you don't really feel but from a country like Romania she's the the highest profile athlete especially at that time everybody wanted her to go number one in the world everybody wanted her to win a major she was so close so many times and had some heartbreaking losses in majors the one at the French Open against Ostapenko when she was up a second break was devastating maybe my worst ever coaching moment happened after that and I'll tell you about that because I think it's a good lesson is that because I'm the experienced person within our team she suffered that loss against Ostapenko and she was playing for her first major, playing to be number one in the world for the first time, so there was a lot riding on it and the pressure coming from the people in Romania and even you could feel it, it was just intense, around the place and I knew she was destined to win at some point but you never know right, you've been to three finals and you go, I'm not sure it's ever going to happen for her if you let this one get away from you.
因此,在那段时期,我决定,因为我最年长、最有经验,所以我必须保持积极,只向她传递正面的信息。
And so I decided through that period that because I was the oldest, most experienced, that I was gonna be positive, that I'm gonna just sell her positive story.
西莫,一切都好。
Simo, it's all good.
我们会到达那里的。
We're going to get there.
我们继续战斗。
We keep fighting.
我们重新回到球场。
We get back onto the court.
我们继续努力。
We we keep working hard.
我们不断改进你的打法。
We keep evolving your game.
笑一笑,享受网球吧。
Put a smile on your face, let's enjoy the tennis.
但那种执教方式并不适合她,因为她内心充满怀疑,因那场失利而痛苦,充满恐惧,一切都在折磨她,而我却没有表现出任何同理心。
But it was the wrong style of coaching for her because she was suffering inside with doubt, with the match that she lost, with the fears, with everything, And I was showing no empathy.
我没有和她一起承受痛苦。
I wasn't suffering with her.
我确实很痛苦,但我没有表现出来。
I was suffering, but I wasn't showing I was suffering.
我保持积极,而她希望我像她一样沮丧。
I was positive, and she wanted me to be miserable like she was.
但确实如此,因为在艰难时刻,痛苦总会吸引痛苦。
But it's it's true because misery loves misery in the tough moments.
她只是希望看到我跟她一样难过。
And all she wanted to see from me that I was feeling as bad as she was.
于是接下来六到八周,我一直保持极度积极的态度,以为自己作为团队领袖在做正确的事,结果却把她推入了深渊。
And so we went through the next six or eight weeks where I was super positive and thinking I'm doing the right thing as the leader of the team and I'm just running her into a hole.
是的。
Yeah.
于是她接连遭遇了几场艰难的失利,又打了几场关乎世界第一排名的比赛,也都输了。
And so she ended up taking a few tough losses, couple of more matches she played were for number one, she lost those.
然后她在美网第一轮对阵莎拉波娃。
Then she played Sharapova in the first round of the US Open.
一场重要的比赛。
Huge match.
她输给了莎拉波娃。
Lost to Sharapova.
但实际上她打得还不错。
Actually played quite well.
她在美网首轮输给了莎拉波娃。
Lost to Sharapova in the first round of the US Open.
比赛结束后,她走过来坐了下来。
And after the match, she comes over and sits down.
她泪流满面,问我打得怎么样,你知道的。
She's got tears rolling down her face, and she asked me how'd I play, you know.
我一开始就开始谈技术细节,真是个傻瓜。
And I started to talk about the tech the technicals, and I was an idiot.
而且,你知道的,是的,你打了比赛,但也许她根本不想听这些。
And and, you know, yeah, you play, but maybe we she didn't wanna hear it.
她站起来的时候,我还在说她的话,她就哭着走开了。
And she got up and I was halfway through her sentence and walked off in tears.
当她哭着离开时,体能教练特奥·塞西尔——你记得他吧,那个大个子,没错——正朝这边走来,他看着我,一边跟着西蒙娜走向更衣室,后来他走过来对我说:嘿,听着。
And as she's walking off in tears, the physical trainer, Teo Cecile, who was the physical trainer, you remember him, the big guy, big guy, exactly, was walking over and he's looking at me and he's going as he's as he's following Simona to the locker room, and I'm like and he comes over to me later and he goes, hey, listen.
我知道你打算做什么。
I know what you're trying to do.
但我觉得有时候你对她要求太严了。
But I think sometimes you've just been a bit too tough on her.
你知道,她还是个年轻女孩。
Know, she's a young girl.
没人期待她能从康斯坦察和罗马尼亚成长为一名优秀选手。
No one expected her to be a great player from Constanza and Romania.
她正在做着令人惊叹的事情。
She's doing amazing things.
也许有时候你只需要给她一个拥抱,告诉她你爱她。
Maybe sometimes you just need to give her a hug and tell her you love her.
是的。
Yeah.
并且认可她的感受
And validate her feelings
也同样重要。
as well.
是的。
Yeah.
我当时想,我不是那种人,但我考虑了一天左右,第二天我就走过去找她,真的这么做了。
I'm like, I'm not so I thought about it for a day or so, and I ended up the next day I saw her and I walked over to her and I did.
我错了。
I was wrong.
我走过去对她说,这一切都怪我。
I walked over and said, this is all on me.
过去八周的责任都在我。
The last eight weeks is on me.
我犯了一个大错。
I I made such a mistake.
我本想保持积极,但我知道你正在受苦,我内心也很痛苦,我开始流泪,然后给了她一个拥抱。
I tried to be positive and whatnot, but I I know that you're suffering and I'm suffering inside and I started having tears and I gave her a hug.
她哭着说,我等这个拥抱已经等了三个月。
She was crying and she goes, I've been waiting for this hug for three months.
你知道吗,我很高兴你给了我这个。
You know, I'm I'm so happy you gave me this.
好吧。
Alright.
我说,如果你现在想开除我,我就走。
I said, you wanna fire me now, I'll walk away.
不。
Nope.
不。
No.
没关系。
It's okay.
两周后,她去亚洲对阵莎拉波娃,以二比二赢了。
Two weeks later, she goes and plays Sharapova in Asia, beats at two and two.
不。
No.
但所有的压力都消失了。
But all the pressure was gone.
她肩上的负担全被卸下了,她又能重新享受网球了。
Everything was relieved from her shoulders, and she could start to enjoy her tennis again.
所以就是这样。
So it's it's Yeah.
一种不同的教练方式。
Different way of coaching.
虽然那会儿这不是我的教练风格,但她给我上了一堂非常重要的课。
Not my style of coaching at that point, but she taught me a really big lesson.
我认为这正是优秀教练的特质——能够根据每位球员的需求调整教学方式。
I think that what that's what makes a great coach, adaptability to be able to give what the play each player needs.
对吧?
Right?
因为确实如此。
Because Yeah.
也许与某位球员建立联系并成为优秀教练很容易,但要能很好地指导另一位完全不同的球员,这才是真正的挑战,我想。
Maybe it's easy to connect with someone and be a great coach with player a, but to be able to be very good coach with player b who might be like a complete different human being, that's like the real challenge, I guess.
然后,在她去赢得法网并在决赛中击败斯隆的接下来十二个月里,她给了我很多。
Then And she gave me the next twelve months when she went and won Roland Garros and beat Sloane in the final.
但在此之前,毫无疑问,这是我坐在教练席上最感动的时刻。
But before, for sure, my most emotional moment sitting in a coach's box for sure.
作为网球运动员或教练,这是我经历过的最情感充沛的比赛时刻。
My most emotional match moment as as a tennis player or coach.
所以看到她走过的历程,她如何挣扎,展现出的斗志,她在这期间还输掉了澳网决赛,对手是沃兹尼亚克,而她本也有机会赢下那场比赛。
So seeing the journey she went on, how she struggled, the fight she showed, she ended up losing the Australian Open final in between that as well to Wozniak, and she had a chance to win that one as well.
真是了不起的年轻女子。
So remarkable young woman.
是的,她值得全世界的赞誉。
Yeah she deserves all the credit in the world.
我的意思是,作为教练,或者当你作为球员团队的一员时,有时你必须做出某种赌注,而且我想,保持积极甚至假装积极也是一种好方法,但有时候我们最终也不确定。
I mean as a coach and also like when you're a team around the players sometimes you have to take kind of bet and yeah I guess you imagine that being positive even like kind of faking it was a good one but sometimes we don't know at the end like
没错。
That's right.
真正发生在内部的是什么,有时候我们下注是好的,或者我们想象一些事情,而且
What is really like going on inside and sometimes we bet is a good one or we imagine stuff and
是的。
Yeah.
最重要的是要意识到这一点,然后
The most important is to like realize it and then
是的。
Yeah.
试着去倾听并理解那个人的感受,而不是试图猜测他们的感受。
Try try to listen and understand how that person feels, right, and not try to guess how they're feeling.
真诚的猜测,但是
Honest bet, but
我认为区别在于,我经常被问到关于男女教练之间的区别。
I think the difference, and I get asked the question a lot about the difference between men and women in coaching as well.
我认为唯一的真正区别在于,比赛相同、压力相同、球场大小相同,一切都一样。
I think the only real difference, same game, same pressures, same size court, same everything.
有时候,女性选手没有像男性选手那样完成得分的能力。
Sometimes the women don't have the ability to finish points like men do.
如果一名男选手先赢一盘并破发,就可以稍微放松一下,依靠发球来抵达终点。
If a male player gets up a set and a break, can relax a little bit and rely on your serve to get to the finish line.
在女子比赛中,这种情况很少发生。
It doesn't happen much in the women's game.
因此,你必须继续保持心理强大,坚持执行那个让你领先一盘并破发的技术策略。
So you have to continue to be mentally strong to stay on the same technical plan that got you up a set and a break.
而且你常常会有点急躁。
And quite often you'll rush a little bit.
啊,终点线就在那儿了。
Ah, there's the finish line.
我们赶紧冲到终点线吧。
Let's get to the finish line.
但你会稍微失去耐心。
But you lose the patience a little bit.
而这只是因为比赛的强度,但我认为另一个区别是,男性更能看清大局,而女性则不然。因此,我在西蒙娜身上特别努力的一点是:在训练中不要在意比分,我们根本不关心比分,因为只要我们专注于那些能让我们长期进步的事情,赢不赢这一盘训练赛并不重要。我也不知道你是不是这样,但女性比赛中经常如此——并非所有球员都这样,但某一天是好是坏,往往取决于你是否赢了训练赛,不管你发挥得如何。
And that's just because of the power of the game but the other difference I think the men see the bit big picture a little bit clearer than what the women do so one of the things that I worked really hard on Simona is don't worry about the set score in practice we don't care about the set score because if we're working on the things that are going to make us better in in the long term I don't care if you win this practice set or not and quite often I don't know if you're like this or not quite often in the female game, not all the players, but the day will be a good day or a bad day depending on whether you won the practice set, no matter how well you played or not.
这其实并不重要。
It doesn't really matter.
因此,有很多球员都是这样。
And so there are a lot of players like that.
所以要教育她们,训练的目的不是为了赢,而是为了提升、变得更好,持续练习我们真正需要改进的内容。如果你需要赢一盘训练赛来建立信心,那没问题,我们就把它当作一场比赛来打,用不同的心理状态去对待它。
So to educate that it's not about practice practice is there for us to improve to become better to keep working on the stuff that we need to work on yes if you need a little bit confidence to win a practice set alright let's treat this one like a match and have a different psychology to the way we're going about it.
但并不是每件事都关乎赢下这盘训练赛。
But not everything is about winning that practice set.
很好。
Nice.
是的。
Yeah.
不,我明白你的意思。
No, yeah, I know what you mean.
你明白?
You do?
是的,我明白你的意思。
Yeah, I know what you mean.
从很久以前开始,我在训练时就和比赛时一样打,非常积极主动,什么都敢打。
What happened to me since very long time is like I kind of play in practice as I play in matches, so I play very aggressive and everything.
有很多女生在训练时比在比赛中打得更激进。
And there is a lot of girls who play way more aggressive in practice than they do in matches.
所以我有时候会遇到这样的训练对手,她们不断打出制胜球,上网,频繁用穿越球攻击我。
So I ended up sometimes facing practices where I was getting like winners from the other one all over, going to the net, passing shot all over.
所以我的训练战绩非常差。
So I was like, my record in practice is terrible.
训练战绩太差了。
Record practice is terrible.
但这让你沮丧吗?还是你知道发生了什么?
But did it upset you or you knew what was going I
有时候我有点困惑,因为我想,我不明白,我怎么总是被对手打出制胜球呢?
think sometimes I was a bit confused because I was like, I don't understand, you know, like I'm getting winners all over.
是的,我知道我需要改进一下防守,但在比赛中,我也没那么差。
And yeah, I know that I asked to improve a bit my defense, but like in matches, I'm not that bad neither.
而在训练中,这周我简直糟糕透了,然后有几次我的教练跟我提了这件事,我就想,那个选手在比赛中根本不是这样打的。
And in practice, was like, I'm terrible this week is like And then like a couple of times, my coach shared that with me and like, I was like, this guy in match, she doesn't play like this.
确实,有时候这会对你有一点影响,你就得明白过来。
And it's true that sometimes it can affect you a little bit and then you have to understand.
但确实,有时候情况会有点不一样。
But it's true sometimes it's a bit more different.
这其实也带来了不少好机会。
So good opportunities with that as well.
所以如果你在和一个你知道在比赛中不会这样打的人交手,你就不用太担心。
So if you're playing somebody that you know they don't play like that in a match, so you don't worry so much.
但接下来,好吧,你该如何解决训练中的问题?
But then, alright, how do you problem solve the practice?
好的。
Okay.
你正在和一个出场时像卡罗琳·加西亚那样打球的人对战,他们一上来就猛击球。
You you're playing someone that comes out there, and they're playing Caroline Garcia, and they're going out there and they're just ripping the ball.
他们没有任何压力,因为他们世界排名第15,而你排名第4,但他们还是放手一搏。
And they have no pressure because they rank 15 in the world, you rank four in the world, and they're going out there.
所以,作为球员,你要把这种情况当作比赛来对待。
And so, alright, as a player, you treat it like a match situation.
好吧。
Alright.
我需要把球打到他们的击球区之外吗?
Do I need to get the ball out of their strike zone?
我需要更专注于球场的一侧吗?
Do I need to concentrate on one side of the court a bit more?
这些训练环节中蕴含着绝佳的机会,可以用来尝试解决问题。
Great opportunities within those practice sessions sessions to to try to problem solve as well.
每一次训练都为你提供了进步的机会。
So every practice gives you an opportunity to get better.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
当你看到男球员训练或热身时,他们会把球打到后场中间三次,但他们根本不在乎。
It's funny when you see a men's practicing or warming up, like, they will eat the ball three middle behind the baseline, but they don't, like, care.
对。
Yeah.
开始哭起来。
Start to cry.
我记得第一天。
I remember the first day.
其实,我有个关于西蒙娜的有趣故事。
Actually, I have a funny story about Simona.
我当时为阿迪达斯工作。
So I'm working for Adidas.
我到达了印第安维尔斯。
I turned up to Indian Wells.
她预约了晚些时候的训练。
She's booked a late practice.
我正从拉斯维加斯开车前往印第安维尔斯。
I'm driving from Las Vegas to to Indian Wells.
她发消息问我,你什么时候到?
She writes me, when are you arriving?
我说,我大概凌晨四点到。
I said, I'm getting there about 04:00.
她说,好的。
She goes, okay.
我预约了五点的训练。
I booked a practice at five.
好吧,行吧。
Like, alright.
没时间安顿下来。
No time to to settle in.
于是我直接走上球场,维克托,我得帮她找罗马尼亚教练,所以我也在帮维克托,我站在球场后面,看着她击球特别棒,力量十足。
And so I walked straight onto the court, and and Victor, I need to her Romanian coach is there, so I'm helping Victor as well and I'm standing behind the court and I'm she's hitting the ball great, crushing the ball.
她开始抱怨自己的正手,于是我跟她说,我们来打几个正手斜线球吧。
And she starts complaining about her forehand, so I say to her, let's hit a few forehand crosscourts.
她啪啪啪啪啪,一口气打了14个。
And she goes bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, like 14.
正手斜线球打得真棒。
Great forehand crosscourts.
然后她打了一个球网住了,你知道的,不是擦网,就是直接打在网子上。
And then she hits one into the net, like, you know, not in the tape, but just on the net.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。