本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿,人类朋友们。
Hey there, humanoids.
我是蒙面人,大卫·休梅克。
It's the masked man, David Shoemaker.
职业摔角迎来了新时代,这意味着《铃声摔角秀》也进入了新纪元。
It's a new era in professional wrestling, and that means a new era here at the Ringer Wrestling Show.
我是卡兹。
Kaz here.
每周一和周四,来《蒙面人秀》和我以及我的搭档舒斯一起畅聊吧。
Every Monday and Thursday, hang out with me and my guy, Shoes, on the masked man show.
我是本·克鲁兹。
And Ben Cruz here.
每周二来和卡尔、布莱恩一起参与《铃声全球摔角》节目,我们会讨论最热门的头条新闻,甚至会对蒙面人以及你们最犀利的观点做出反应。
Come kick it with me, Cal, and Brian on Tuesdays for ringer wrestling worldwide, where we hit on the most interesting headlines and even react to some of masked man's and even your hottest takes.
别轻言放弃。
Don't tap out.
点击关注
Tap in to the
现在就在Spotify或你获取播客的任何平台订阅Ringer摔角秀频道
ringer wrestling show feed now on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts.
全球范围?
Worldwide?
我是肖恩·芬尼西
I'm Sean Fennessey.
我是阿曼达·多宾斯
I'm Amanda Dobbins.
这里是《大画面》,一档关于挑战者的对话节目
And this is the big picture, a conversation show about challengers.
本期节目后期,我将与《挑战者》这部激动人心的新电影编剧贾斯汀·库里茨卡斯对谈
Later in this episode, I'll be joined by Justin Kuritskas, the screenwriter behind the exciting new film Challengers.
剧本只是《挑战者》众多精彩元素之一,而贾斯汀本人也很有趣
Its script is one of many wonderful things about Challengers, and Justin is an interesting fellow.
他出版过小说,也编排过几部戏剧。
He's published a novel, staged several plays.
他最广为人知的可能是YouTube上的爆红视频《药剂师》,那是阿曼达最喜爱的病毒式传播视频之一。
He's perhaps best known for his YouTube viral sensation, The Potion Seller, one of Amanda's favorite viral videos.
他还与《过往人生》的编剧兼导演席琳·宋结为夫妻。
He's also married to Celine Song, the writer director behind Past Lives.
希望你能继续收听我们之后的对话。
I hope you'll stick around for our chat after this.
但首先,我们当然要聊聊《挑战者》,早在你们意大利之旅前,这部电影就是我们最期待的2020年代作品之一。
But first, of course, we're going to talk about Challengers, which has been since before your journeys to Italy, one of our most anticipated movies of the twenty twenties.
它被推迟了。
It got pushed.
确实被推迟了。
It got pushed.
它终于来了。
It's finally here.
这个芭比,沙丘第二部
This Barbie, Dune two.
奥本海默?
Oppenheimer?
当然
Sure.
那是备受期待的
That was anticipated.
是啊
Yeah.
我想想,芭比海默,沙丘第二部
I guess, Barbenheimer, Dune two.
现在《挑战者》终于来了
And Challengers is here now.
没错
Yeah.
我们他妈的做到了,伙计。
So We fucking did it, man.
我们做到了。
We did it.
我们穿越了荒野。
We made it through the wilderness.
我们熬过了第一季度。
We made it through q one.
是的。
Yep.
没错。
Yep.
我们撑过了去年年底。
We made it through the end of last year.
这算是我们今年最达成共识的电影吗?
Is this, like, our most agreed upon movie of this year?
我认为这是我们的核心。
I think it's our center.
我觉得这就是我们的中心。
I think this is our center.
兴趣的交汇点。
The the meeting point of interest.
我们俩都非常喜欢《沙丘2》。
We both really liked Dune two.
所以我是说,《沙丘2》很棒,但这部是我们另类的最爱。
So that I mean, Dune two was wonderful, but this is our quirky fave.
这部电影具备以下元素:
Here's what this movie has.
它有浪漫情节。
It has romance.
它有体育元素。
It has sports.
它有戏剧性。
It has drama.
它有性爱场面。
It has sex.
它有赞达亚、乔什·奥康纳和迈克·费斯特。
It has Zendaya, Josh O'Connor, and Mike Feist.
它有卢卡·瓜达尼诺担任导演。
It has Luca Guadagnino behind the camera.
它有特伦特·雷诺和阿蒂克斯·罗斯
It has Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
完全豁出去了。
Just absolutely going for it.
豁出去了。
Going for it.
我们会深入讨论的魔幻音乐原声带。
A magical musical score that we'll talk about in-depth.
这部电影拥有我们每周在节目上哀叹已经消失的许多元素。
This has a lot of things that we basically cry about on this show every week that don't exist anymore.
这是一部纯粹依靠电影人艺术造诣和明星魅力的原创巨星电影。
And it is a a full blown movie star movie that is original, that is entirely reliant upon the artistry of the filmmakers and the stardom of its movie stars.
而且它简直是个全垒打。
And it's a fucking home run.
或者该用网球术语怎么说来着?
Or it's what what's the tennis term?
我们该怎么形容这种6比0的绝对碾压?
What's the how how do we explain how masterfully is it six zero six o?
没错。
Yeah.
这叫完封(网球术语'bagel')。
It's bagel.
好吧。
Okay.
是啊。
Yeah.
这是双圈或三圈全胜,如果是大满贯情况的话。
It's a it's a double bagel or triple bagel if this is a grand slam situation.
是澳网公开赛吗?
Is it the Australian opening?
是温网吗?
Is it Wimbledon?
这是全年大满贯。
It's a it's a year long grand slam.
哦。
Oh.
比如,赛季大满贯。
Like, a season grand slam.
是四战全胜。
It's four out of four.
是啊。
Yeah.
有那么好吗?
Is it that good?
嗯,他想要网球相关的比喻,所以我就在往这个方向说。
Well, I he wanted tennis, you know, metaphors, and that's what I'm going for.
确实很棒。
It's really good.
好吧。
Okay.
所以不只是美网。
So it's not just the US Open.
我猜是美网...我是说,剧情是围绕美网展开的,而且非常美国化。
I'm I guess US op I mean, it is set leading up to the US Open, and it is very American.
所以在四大满贯中它相当于美网。
So it is the US Open of the four.
当然,你可以说,比如在美网比赛中一盘未失。
But sure, you could say, like, not dropping a set at the US Open.
好的。
Okay.
所以如果
So if
你也许就是这个意思。
you're Maybe it's that.
如果你正在观看或收听这个节目,心里想着为什么这两个成年人如此疯狂地讨论一部由一群25岁年轻人主演的小电影?
Watching or listening to this show, and you're thinking to yourself, why are these two adults talking so crazily about one small movie starring a bunch of 25 year olds?
我来解释一下这部电影是什么。
I'll explain what the movie is.
好的。
Okay.
我想我会从女主角塔什开始讲起。
I think it I'll start with the the female lead, Tashi.
你会说这是Tashi的电影吗?
Would you say this is Tashi's movie?
是的。
Yes.
Tashi原本是网球运动员,后来转型成为教练。
So Tashi is a tennis player turned coach.
她把丈夫(由Mike Feist饰演)培养成了一名还算出色、但状态可能有些下滑的职业网球选手。
She's transformed her husband, played by Mike Feist, into a somewhat impressive, but also maybe somewhat flagging professional tennis player.
他赢得过几个大满贯。
He's won a couple grand slams.
但从未在巡回赛中真正建立起统治地位。
He's never, like, fully established a reign, you know, on the circuit.
在我看来,他就像是个缺乏魅力和性感的...嗯...
To me, he's like a less charismatic and erotic Mhmm.
这就是我对他在网坛地位的定位。
Is where I would place him in the tennis firmament.
我同意。
I agree.
他——他看起来明显就是这个角色的灵感来源。
He he seems like a very clear inspiration for his character.
她正推动他在职业生涯中继续前进。
She's pushing him to continue to go forward in his career.
他显然开始失去兴趣了。
He's clearly starting to lose interest.
他三十出头,已经在考虑退役和家庭生活。
He's in his early thirties, thinking about retirement, thinking about his family life.
很明显他已经在巡回赛中赚了不少钱。
He's made a lot of money on the tour clearly.
但她想让他参加挑战赛——挑战赛是什么?
But she wants him to join a challenger event, which is what is a challenger event?
在网球界,有男子职业ATP巡回赛,然后是女子巡回赛。
So within the the the tennis world, there is, like, the the professional ATP and then and then the women's tour.
他们全年都有赛事,最终导向四大满贯——澳网、法网、温网和美网,这些是大众最熟悉的赛事。
And they have events throughout the year leading to the grand slams, which are the four, the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open, which is what people are, like, mostly familiar with.
此外还有许多小型赛事,供普通职业网球选手通过比赛获取积分,争取参加更高级别巡回赛的资格,同时也能获得大满贯赛事的参赛资格,毕竟大满贯才是真正赚钱的地方。
And then there are a bunch of smaller events where kinda journeyman tennis players can play to try to get points and qualify and be able to play on the larger tour and to qualify also for for the grand slams, which is where the money is made.
所以麦克·费斯特饰演的角色阿尔特,正处在他职业生涯的这个挣扎阶段。
So Mike Feist's character, Art, is struggling at this stage of his career.
他正受一些伤病困扰。
He's he's got some injury struggles.
他已经不是三四年前那个状态巅峰的球员了。
He's not quite the player he was three or four years ago.
因此他的妻子兼教练塔西,正鼓励他参加新罗谢尔举办的这类赛事。
So Tashi, her his his his wife coach is encouraging him to play in one of these events in New Rochelle.
果然,另一个人也来到了新罗谢尔这场赛事——由乔什·奥康纳饰演的网球选手,我们很快发现这是两人共同认识的一位故人。
Lo and behold, someone else is arriving at this event in New Rochelle, a tennis player portrayed by Josh O'Connor, who we quickly learn is a person from both of their pasts.
这位名叫帕特里克·斯维格的选手,正是你描述的那种普通职业网球运动员,他即将参加这场挑战赛。
He's a man named Patrick Sveig, who is one of these journeymen tennis players that you're describing, who's about to play in this challenger event.
这部电影很快变成了一种穿越时间的旅程,在2006年到2019年间来回切换。
And the film very quickly becomes a kind of journey through time, back and forth, back and forth from roughly 2006 through 2019.
片中有着相当激进的时间跳跃手法。
And there's an aggressive amount of time hopping in this movie.
节奏非常快。
It just it it moves.
进展极其迅速。
It moves very quickly.
由于影片的剪辑方式、拍摄手法和配乐营造的节奏感,让人感觉就像在三位主角的人生经历中上下滑动,观察他们命运的交织。
And because of the pace, the way that the film is cut, the way that it's shot, the way that it's scored, it feels like you are sliding up and down a scale of experience for these three characters and the way that they intersect.
所以你很爱《挑战者》这部电影。
So you loved Challengers.
嗯。
Yeah.
对你来说《挑战者》是五星级电影吗?
Is Challengers a five star movie to you?
我不知道。
I don't know.
可能是四星半吧。
It might be a a four and a half Okay.
或者四星。
Or a four star.
我觉得这种电影制作风格令人振奋。
I think it this style of movie making is exhilarating.
就像你说的,大量剪辑、充满活力,双关语来说,就像网球一样来回弹跳。
And as you said, lots of cuts, lots of energy, lots of, pun intended, like, ponging back and forth at like, as a tennis ball.
这个比喻非常直白,这很刺激。
It is it's the metaphor is is very literal, which is exciting.
但有时候你会觉得,好吧。
But sometimes you're like, okay.
这里到底在演什么?
What's going on here?
我认为作为一次体验和一部电影,它就像各种感官的创造,简直太棒了,五星好评。
And I think as an experience and and film as, like, visceral creation of all sorts of things, it's it's amazing five stars.
你可能对剧情有些疑问。
You might have a couple questions about the plot.
你可能会对正在发生的事情或刚刚发生的情节感到困惑。
You might have a couple questions about, like, what's going on or what, you know, what just happened.
这简直就是氛围感的巅峰之作。
It it is it is just peak vibes.
而且这种氛围感在电影中很少见,除非你在看卢卡·瓜达尼诺的电影。
It and and and a lot of vibes that we don't often see in movies unless you're walk watching a Luca Guadamino movie.
我是说,卢卡是我的心头好。
I mean, Luca is my guy.
懂吗?
You know?
索菲娅是我的女神,但卢卡绝对是——也许没人比卢卡更懂我。
Sofia is my girl, but then Luca is just absolutely no maybe no one understands me more than Luca.
哇。
Wow.
这话说得真大胆。
That's bold.
所有你想看的东西,比如大腿、辛辛那提的Applebee's餐厅,还有浩室音乐。
All the things you wanna see, like thighs, the Cincinnati Applebee's, like like house music.
嗯哼。
Uh-huh.
你知道吗,我会数一数他们给Tashi这个角色埋了多少个富家女彩蛋,那些彩蛋太搞笑了,明显就是逗我这种人笑的。
You know, just like I will catalog the number of, like, rich girl Easter eggs that they give to Tashi's character that are so funny and so just meant to make people like me laugh.
虽然我一样都买不起,但我当时就想,哦,那是奥古斯丁·巴德的身体乳。
Not that I can afford any of them, but I was like, oh, that's the Augustinus Bader body cream.
太感谢你们给那个身体乳一个特写镜头了。
Thank you so much for giving an insert shot on the cream.
他们没拍出产品标签。
They don't show the label.
我不认为他们有赞助,但他们确实想让你知道,而且任何了解那东西的人都能认出来。
I don't think they had the sponsorship, but they did want you to know, and it's recognizable to anyone who knows what that is.
所以,是的,他他对我说话。
So, yeah, he he speaks to me.
他也对我说话。
He speaks to me too.
我认为这就是他成为我们交汇点的原因之一。
Think that's one of the reasons why he's a meeting point for us.
我觉得他会对此感兴趣。
I think it would be interesting to him.
我我从未想过他会拍出这样充满能量的电影。
I I would never have imagined that he would make a movie like this that has this kind of energy.
我想当人们听到卢卡的名字时,他们会想到《请以你的名字呼唤我》。
I think when people hear Luca's name, they think of Call Me By Your Name.
这可能是他最受赞誉的电影,一部获得奥斯卡奖的电影。
It's probably his best celebrated film, an Oscar winning film.
但那是一部慵懒而充满感官刺激的浪漫故事,讲述两个年轻男子。
But that is a a languid sensual romance about two young men.
确实。
Sure.
这是
This is
我是说,这部作品有其独特之处。
I mean, it's this is in its own way.
我想它并不慵懒,但确实充满渴望,也不乏感官刺激。
I guess it's not languid, but it there is yearning, and there is plenty of sensuality.
完全同意。
Absolutely.
而且有两个年轻男子在了解塔西的过程中也逐渐认识自我。
And there are and there are two young men who are learning about themselves as they learn about Tashi.
它保留了他作品的一些标志性特征,但在结构上有些不同,特别是物理层面,比如影片的能量感就非常非常不同。
It has it has some hallmarks of his work, but also structurally, it's a little bit different and especially physically, like, the energy of the movie is very, very different.
非常令人兴奋。
Very exciting.
可以说,这部电影很大程度上是靠赞达亚来营销的。
The movie is really being sold, I would say, on Zendaya.
赞达亚的影响力。
Zendaya's presence.
这对作为电影明星的赞达亚来说是个重大考验。
This is the big test for Zendaya, the movie star.
据报道,她在这部电影中的片酬是1000万美元。
She was reportedly paid $10,000,000 for this movie.
为她高兴。
Good for her.
她当然曾是一名童星。
She is, of course, a a former child star.
她是《亢奋》的主演。
She's the star of Euphoria.
她是《蜘蛛侠》系列电影中的明星。
She's the star of films in the Spider Man franchise.
尽管她在这些项目以及《沙丘》系列电影中取得了成功,但此前从未独挑大梁主演过这样的电影。
Even though she has been successful in those projects and, of course, the Dune series of films, she's never carried a movie like this before.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我不确定是否该说她只是电影的核心而非全部焦点。
I'm not sure that I would say that she is she's the center of the movie, but not the whole movie.
所以这是个不寻常的考验,因为这部电影很大程度上依赖乔什·奥康纳来维持其活力。
And so it's an unusual kind of test because this movie really relies on Josh O'Connor, I would say, to keep its energy high.
不过我们还是先聊聊赞达亚吧。
Let's start with Zendaya, though.
你对她有何看法?觉得她在这部电影中表现如何?
What what did you think of her, and how do you feel like she carries this movie?
我是她的超级粉丝。
I'm a I'm a huge fan.
她面临一个艰巨的任务,需要同时饰演一名青少年网球选手。
She has a difficult task of having to play both a a young a teenage tennis player.
她是青少年组冠军。
She's a junior's champion.
然后她又进入大学阶段,因为剧情确实从大约1968年2月一直延续到现代。
And then she's in college because you you really do follow from about 02/1968 to to present day.
所以在初期或回忆片段里,她扮演的角色都带着赞达亚的标签,无论是《亢奋》还是《沙丘》里,她虽然年轻但看起来更显小,虽然已从迪士尼毕业但仍带着那种气质。
And so she at first or in the flashbacks, she's playing roles that we are, like, associate with Zendaya, whether it's Euphoria or you know, in in Dune, she's younger, but she's a young and a and a young looking person and has graduated from Disney, but has still, you know, has the whiff of it.
而在现代戏份中,她扮演的角色应该更接近我的年龄——对此我心怀感激。
And then in the present day, she's playing someone who's supposed to be closer to my age, which is I accept.
我说声谢谢。
I say I say thank you.
我们偶尔都需要信心加持,但你知道,这确实是个挑战。
We all need a confidence boost from time to time, but, you know, it is it's a stretch.
她的发型起到了很大作用。
Her haircut is doing a lot of work.
她的发型,她的香奈儿草编鞋。
Her haircut, her Chanel espadrilles.
是的。
Yep.
她那只,你知道的,卡地亚小猎豹手表,我觉得其实就是她的手表。
Her, you know, her mini panther Cartier watch, which I think is actually just her watch.
但是
But
卡地亚可以说是这部电影的一个重要元素。
Cartier is a is a is a significant aspect of this film, I would say.
影片中出现了很多卡地亚的产品。
There's a there's a lot of it.
确实如此。
That's true.
而且手表在网球界也占有重要地位。
And and watches are big in the in the tennis world.
嗯
Mhmm.
而且在卢卡的电影里,我注意到蒂尔达·斯文顿在《我是爱》中反复摘戴手表的镜头时长
And also in Luca movies, I was recognizing I mean, the amount of time that Tilda Swinton spends taking off and putting on her watch in I am love.
那些特写镜头对他而言具有特殊意义
And again, the the close ups of that, it means something to him.
所以这是个重要任务
So I that's a big task.
我认为她将年轻时期和老年阶段(尤其是结尾部分)都演绎得极为出色
I think that she does it incredibly well for the young stuff, incredibly for the the older portions, especially towards the end.
她在几个高潮场景中真正爆发演技,同时角色也从保守神秘的状态转变——这是部三角恋电影,而她作为令人捉摸不透的第三角
She gets a couple climactic scenes where she really gets to bring it and also where her character transitions from this person of reserve and and fascination and sort of the it's a love triangle movie, and she's the third point that no one can quite figure out.
嗯
Mhmm.
因此她必须保持些许疏离感,直到最后才逐渐揭示角色的动机和想法
And so she has to be withdrawn a bit, and then you finally get some of her character's motivations or or thoughts.
她终于有机会小小爆发一下,而且表现得非常出色。
She she gets to explode a little, and she's really good at it.
我们不得不剧透这部电影来讨论,比如她在片中几次高潮时刻,这些场景可能与你想象的不太一样。
We will necessarily have to spoil the movie to talk about for example, the few times when she gets to climax in this movie, and it's not quite in the settings you might imagine.
不过确实如此。
But Yeah.
塔西心里只有一件事。
There's really only one thing on Tashi's mind.
她真正在意的只有一件事。
There's really only one thing that she cares about.
有趣的是,这部电影里通常由男性角色具备的特质——那种激进的野心和为实现目标不择手段的劲头——却成了她的标志性特征,她眼中的成功之路就是通过网球这种完美结合来实现的。
She is and and part of what is interesting about this movie is that often it is a male character who gets the characteristic that defines her, which is a kind of aggressive ambition and a driven attitude towards getting the thing the world and life that she sees as success, and the way to get there is through this kind of perfect union of tennis.
球场上两个人之间那种完美的社会心理体验。
This perfect social psychological experience between two people on a court.
其实我本人并不打网球。
Now I don't play tennis, really.
打过几次,但我其实算不上网球高手。
Played a few times, but I'm not really a tennis figure out.
你是个超级粉丝。
You're a big fan.
我是狂热粉丝。
I'm a huge fan.
我明年的新年计划就是要真正开始上网球课。
My, like, my resolution for next year is to actually start taking tennis lessons.
我真的很想学。
I really wanna do it.
至少能和我丈夫对打,虽然不会像她那样上演挑战者级别的比赛,但球场上肯定会有心理战。
At least so that I can play against my husband and then have not a version of challenger like her, but I there will be some psychological warfare happening on the court.
第三者是谁,如果你们...
Who's the third, if you
没有。
No.
因为不。
There's because no.
我是说,我真的、真的、真的迫不及待想讨论现实生活中的三角恋部分。
We can't I mean, I really, really, really can't wait to talk about the love triangle, real life part of this.
但我们会保留这个话题。
But we we will we will save it.
好的。
Okay.
但在我们深入讨论迈克·韦斯和乔什·奥康纳之前,这是一部优秀且真实的网球电影吗?
But before we get into Mike Weiss and Josh O'Connor, is this a a good and accurate tennis movie?
在某些方面,它很棒。
In some ways, it's great.
剧本融入了大量网球文化知识,比如我提到的辛辛那提Applebees餐厅——电影里它很显眼,就像个网球地标。
And it's written with, like, a lot of knowledge of, like, tennis culture from the fact that I mentioned the Cincinnati Applebee's, which is featured prominently in the movie and is like a is a tennis institution.
辛辛那提公开赛是美网前的重要赛事之一,某种程度上预示着选手们在美网的表现起伏。
The Cincinnati Open is one of the big events before the US Open and sort of like a a signal of of of who's up and who's down and who you can expect to do well at the Open.
而且Applebee's是唯一一家营业到足够晚、能让所有球员都去的地方,因为《纽约时报》十年前有篇很棒的文章,说辛辛那提的Applebee's就像是这项赛事的中心。
And the Applebee's is the only place that's open late enough for all the players because there was a great Times piece, like, a decade ago about the Cincinnati Applebee's is, like, the center of this tournament.
所以这很棒。
So that's great.
这展现了某种实用知识。
That demonstrates, like, a working knowledge.
电影的前提设定中还有个理解:一位女子青少年冠军去了斯坦福大学,然后——剧透警告但这是剧情部分——遭遇了终结职业生涯的伤病,却仍能有名到获得价值数百万美元的汽车代言,甚至在翠贝卡区有广告牌,这有点让人难以信服。
There is also in the premise of the movie, the understanding that a women's junior champion who who goes to Stanford, and then, I guess, spoilers, but this is part of the plot, has a career ending injury, would still somehow be famous enough to command, like, a multimillion dollar auto endorsement with, like, billboards in Tribeca, which strains belief a little bit.
在其他运动中,
In other sports,
你可能会看到这种情况成立。
you could see a circumstance in which this is the case.
我...我想不出
I I couldn't think
对网球的赞美。
of a compliment tennis.
她丈夫。
Her husband.
是啊。
Yeah.
这有点像,你知道,但就连安娜·库尔尼科娃在嫁给恩里克·伊格莱西亚斯之前,作为职业选手也赢过一些青少年锦标赛
And it's sort of like, you know, but even Anna Kournikova won some tournaments as a as a a professional, Madame Juniors, before she married Enrique Iglesias and had
他们一起拍过广告吗?
a Did they appear in advertisements together?
可能拍过吧。
I maybe they did.
好吧。
Okay.
你知道,我最近没关注这些。
I you know, I haven't been keeping up on that.
或者安迪·罗迪克和曼迪·摩尔,但曼迪·摩尔你还记得吗?
Or or I guess Andy Roddick and Mandy Moore, but Mandy Moore do you remember that?
我确实记得。
I do remember.
是啊。
Yeah.
当他赢得美网公开赛时,他冲上了看台。
And when he did win the US Open, he ran up the stands.
那就像是曼迪·摩尔职业生涯的起点。
And that was, like, Mandy Moore's first career.
直接扑进她怀里?
Himself into her arms?
没错。
Yeah.
哇。
Wow.
那段视频在YouTube上非常精彩。
It was very it's great YouTubing.
你应该去看看这个。
You should check that out.
但即便在那里,曼迪·摩尔也不是退役的网球明星。
But but even there, like, Manny Moore's not a retired tennis star.
她是迪士尼的流行歌手。
She's a Disney pop star.
当我与电影编剧贾斯汀·基里茨基斯交谈时,他说塔西这个角色的活力部分灵感显然来自罗杰·费德勒的妻子——甚至我觉得她对待名望的态度以及我们看到的形象塑造都部分受到了费德勒妻子的启发。
So when I spoke to Justin Kiritskis, the screenwriter of the movie, he said that clearly part of the inspiration for Tashi's energy and even I I get the impression sort of like her sense of fame and the way that we see her was in part inspired by Roger Federer's wife.
她叫米尔卡吗?
Is her name Mirka?
对。
Yeah.
尤其是在费德勒巅峰时期,经常能看到米尔卡在包厢里——'哦,米尔卡看起来好焦虑'。
Who frequently, especially when he was at the height of his greatness, was seen in a box Oh, Mirka's looking angsty.
米尔卡永远都在那里。
Mirka's always there.
米尔卡以会朝其他球员大喊大叫而闻名。
Mirka famously, like, will yell at other players.
她和另一位瑞士选手斯坦·瓦林卡有一次真的吵得很凶,她当时在骂他。
She and she and Stan Vavrinka, another Swiss player, really got into it one time, and she was cursing him out.
米尔卡真的很酷。
Like, Mirka's awesome.
我丈夫最近采访了罗杰·费德勒,费德勒是我们家的偶像。
And my husband recently interviewed Roger Federer, who's Roger Federer is, like, our household hero.
罗杰说过一句很棒的话,说米尔卡喜欢车和手表。
And there was a great quote that Roger gave that was like, Mirka loves cars and watches.
所以她对这些也很感兴趣。
So that's what she's interested too.
我是说,这里确实有
And I I mean, there's
那么一点影子
a little bit of that going
关于这个角色。
on with this character.
你知道吗?
You know?
但米尔卡没有出现在罗杰·费德勒为各种产品拍摄的4000个广告中的任何一个。
But Mirka is not in any of the 4,000 advertisements that Roger Federer does for his various things.
只有罗杰戴着太阳镜搞怪的样子。
It's just Roger being goofy in his sunglasses.
这是一个稍微
It's a slightly
他的劳力士。
his Rolex.
被夸大的网球世界。
Exaggerated world of tennis.
我要声明并非针对网球运动本身,但不得不说网球现在的影响力——比如话题度和明星效应——确实不如二十年前了。
And I would say no no shots to tennis in general, but I would say tennis does not quite occupy the same level of, I don't know, intrigue and celebrity as it did twenty years ago.
不完全一样了。
It's not quite the same.
确实。
No.
没错。
That's true.
小威和费德勒都处于巅峰时期时。
Mean Serena was at the height of her powers when Federer was at the height of his powers.
你知道吗?
You know?
那时候纳达尔刚崭露头角,还有像拉德克这样的美国选手,所以关注度依然很高。
When when Rafa Nadal was entering the scene, when you still had figures like Radek, US players, so there were still a lot of interest in it.
再之前还有桑普拉斯。
Sampras before that.
是啊。
And yeah.
不。
No.
当时情况很明显,而且文化更倾向于围绕单一事物组织。
There was obvious and also, culture was more organized around, you know, monolithic things.
所以人们会关注温网整整两周。
And so people would pay attention to Wimbledon for for two weeks.
我记得甚至有个开场场景,迈克·费斯特和赞达亚、阿尔特、塔希正在看ESPN,有个专家评论环节讨论阿尔特在辛辛那提公开赛的表现以及他在美网的机会。
I thought even the there's an opening scene where Mike Feist and Zendaya, Art, and Tashi are are watching ESPN, and there's, like, a talking head segment about how Art did, I think, at the Cincinnati Open and what his chances were at The US.
我当时就想,ESPN根本不会给网球
And I was like, ESPN is not giving any time
任何时间。
to this.
斯科特·范佩尔
Scott Van Pelt is
才不会讨论这个。
not discussing that.
是啊。
Yeah.
就这样
That's it
现在体育中心不会报道这个了。
doesn't come up on SportsCenter these days.
可能只是在辛辛那提站比赛间隙提一下,但即便如此,现在也很难在ESPN上看到了。
It might be, like, in between matches matches of of the the Cincinnati one, but even that, you can't really get on ESPN anymore.
你只能看到大满贯赛事,仅此而已。
You get the slams, and that's it.
对。
Yeah.
卡里茨卡提到的另一个电影灵感来源是塞雷娜·威廉姆斯与大阪直美那场著名比赛中的经典时刻。
Another moment that Karitska cited as a inspiration point for the movie was that famous moment in the match between Serena Williams and Naomi Osaka.
没错。
Right.
而那正是这类事件会上体育中心节目的场合。
And and that is a that is an occasion in which something like that would appear on SportsCenter.
你知道,就是塞蕾娜对比赛中发生的事情非常愤怒的那次。
You know, where Serena became very angered by something that happened during their match.
那是一个引人注目的时刻,主角还是著名球员。
That's a grabbable moment with a very famous player.
所以这部电影想要
So the movie wants
成为塞蕾娜那样。
to Serena.
它想要进入那个世界。
It wants to be in that world.
就像,它想要进入网球占据这些人生活的世界。
Like, it wants to be in the world where tennis occupies these people.
我也是。
So do I.
你知道吗?
You know?
我是说,那是另一回事。
I mean, that's the other thing.
当你观看这部电影的两小时里,你可以沉浸在那个世界中。
And for two hours, when you watch this movie, you can be in that world.
而且这太令人兴奋了。
It's and it's so exciting.
我们马上又要迎来网球赛季了。
We're almost to tennis season again.
知道吗?
You know?
虽然网球是全年运动,但对我来说,赛季始于法国公开赛,那种在工作日上午10点看球赛而不是工作的感觉,因为这是夏天。
It's it's a year round sport, but for me, it starts with the the French Open and just the feeling of watching tennis at 10AM on a weekday instead of doing your job because it's summer.
不同的地方。
Different place.
这周末正好是NFL选秀大会。
It's just it's NFL draft weekend.
除了第三次看《挑战者》外,这是我唯一关心的事。
This is really all I care about aside from seeing challengers for a third time.
我只希望费城76人队的赛季赶紧结束。
I need the Philadelphia sixer season to just be over.
我也这么希望。
I just I need that too.
我知道你希望如此,但我真的受不了这样了。
I know that you do, but, like, I cannot live like this.
周一晚上那场彻底崩盘的比赛还记得吗?
On was it Monday night with the just absolutely disastrous loss?
那是周二,那是我人生中最棒的日子之一。
It was Tuesday, and it was one of the best days of my life.
没错。
Yeah.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
好吧
What okay.
不管是什么时候
Whenever it was.
我丈夫当时不在家
My husband was out of the home thing.
不对
No.
是周一晚上
Was Monday night.
你说得对
You're right.
抱歉
Sorry.
是周一晚上
Was Monday night.
这样我儿子就不用看到这一幕了。
So my son didn't have to see it.
我当时就想,我希望他别回家,因为我不想让那种氛围影响他。
And I was like, I I want him to stay out of the house because I don't want the energy.
但他在外面待得太久了,我就开始担心他是不是打架了?
But he stayed out for long enough that I was like, has he gotten in a fight?
你知道吗?
You know?
比如,我会不会接到电话然后不得不去警察局?
Like, am I gonna get a call and have to go down to police station?
我真的不能再忍受这种悬而未决的状态了。
And I just I can't live in this in between anymore.
我需要76人队的赛季赶紧结束。
I need the sixers to be over.
我需要现在是挑战者队的赛季。
I need it to be challenger season.
我需要现在是网球赛季。
I need it to be tennis season.
我们需要为诺瓦克·德约科维奇的胜利疯狂,因为我讨厌他。
I need us to be going insane about Novak Djokovic winning because I hate him.
是啊。
Yeah.
我就是讨厌他。
I I just do.
你还记得五到七年前我总拿德约科维奇是史上最佳来逗你吗?
Do you remember five or seven years ago when I would tease you about Djokovic as as the greatest of all time?
记得。
Yeah.
你
Do
不太在意?
you Not really caring?
是啊。
Yeah.
你现在还那么想吗?
Do you still feel that way?
他们不是费德勒。
I They're not Federer.
他们不是纳达尔。
They're not Nadal.
他们也不是德约科维奇。
They're not Djokovic.
你知道的,乔舒亚·康纳饰演的角色帕特里克,在层级上要低得多。
They are you know, Joshua Conner's character, Patrick, is significantly lower down the chain.
但你会有这种感觉。
But you get the impression that he has the talent.
就像,这两个人是贯穿整个故事的一对终生好友。
Like, these two guys the frame of the story is that they're two lifelong friends.
他们基本上是在青少年时期在寄宿学校相识的,然后一起长大。
They met basically at boarding school when they were teenagers, and they've grown up together.
他们青少年时期一起打过双打。
They played doubles together at juniors.
我们在电影早期看到一个非常激动人心的场景,他们你来我往地击球并赢得了奖杯。
We see them in a very exciting scene early in the film, you know, going shot for shot and winning a cup.
他们之间有一种非常现代的性关系。嗯。
And they have this very kind of modern sexual relationship Mhmm.
他们之间存在某种性张力。
Where they are there's some there's a sexual energy between them.
有种流动性。
There's a kind of fluidity.
不过,他们自己意识到这点了吗?
Though, are they aware of it?
对。
Right.
但看起来他们之间存在一种身体上的联系。
But there but there there is looks like a physical connection.
他们彼此吸引。
They're drawn to each other.
而且他们确实互相吸引。
And they're they're drawn to each other.
而且整部电影中,网球就像大多数时候性爱的直接隐喻。
And and in the way that throughout the movie, Tennis, it's just like is a one to one stand in for sex most of the time.
你其实看不到太多真实的性爱场面
You don't actually see a ton of actual sex
几乎没有。
Hardly.
与其他卢卡·瓜达尼诺的电影相比。
Compared to any other Luca Guadagnino movie.
是啊。
Yeah.
我认为这是非常刻意的。
Which I think is very purposeful.
你知道吗?
You know?
是的。
Yeah.
但你会看到很多网球场景。
But you see a lot of tennis.
对。
Yes.
我想...我认为你看到的是他们之间那种...那种磁力般的物理表现。
I think I think what you but I think what you see is, like, the physical representation of their the the the the magnetism that Yeah.
以及他们的亲密感。
And their closeness.
你懂吗?
You know?
比如,当他们赢得双打比赛时,我想帕特里克会跳进阿特的怀里。
Like, when they win that doubles tournament, I think Patrick jumps into Art's arms.
对。
Right.
他们拥抱的场景,我们稍后会在电影中看到。
And they're hugging, which is an image we'll see later in the film.
确实。
Sure.
你知道,当他们互相调侃时,他们会有很多肢体接触。
You know, when they are just giving each other shit, they're kind of touching each other a lot.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道,他们之间有那种
You know, they have that kind
类似打闹的男性互动能量,同时又带有性暗示的潜台词。确实。
of, like, rough housing guys energy that also has a sexual undercurrent Sure.
这对电影至关重要,因为正如卢卡·瓜达尼诺告诉编剧的那样,这部电影就像一个所有边都相互接触的三角恋关系。
That is just so important to the movie because the movie is, you know, as Luca Guadagnino told the screenwriter, like, a love triangle where all the sides touch.
没错。
Right.
你懂吧?
You know?
试图弄清楚在任何特定时刻是谁在吸引谁,这本身就带着一种令人兴奋的感觉。
And there is something kind of exciting about trying to figure out who's drawing who towards who at any given time.
随着剧情展开,我们看到塔希巧妙地利用他们之间的这种联系,在某种程度上相互制衡,以此决定她将如何多方面地获取权力。
As the movie plays out, we see this amazing thing where Tashi sort of uses their connection against each other in some ways to determine how she's going to seek power in many ways.
嗯。
Mhmm.
不过我们该聊聊奥康纳和迈克·费斯特了,因为
But let's talk about O'Connor and and Mike Feist because
我的伙计们。
My guys.
你知道,我们最近刚聊过乔舒亚·奥康纳,因为他主演了电影《Laquie Mera》。
You know, we just talked about Joshua O'Connor recently because he's starring in the film Laquie Mera.
之前对他并不算特别熟悉,但他在那部电影里确实很出彩。
Hadn't really was not really super familiar with him before that, but he really popped in that movie.
你看完《王冠》那几季了吗?
Did you ever make it to those seasons of The Crown?
过去七天里看的?
It in the last seven days?
我可能...上次聊这个时我断片了,记不清你到底看没看。
I could I I blacked out from the last time we talked about this, whether you watched it.
没看。
No.
我...我看完第二季就不打算继续追了。
I I finished season two, and I won't be picking it back up.
那可是你的损失。
To your loss.
我还有太多其他电视剧要看,比如《X战警97》,这部我超级喜欢。
I have too many other television shows like X Men 97 to continue watching, which I'm I'm greatly enjoying.
我只是想正式声明一下。
I'd just like to say for the record.
乔什·奥康纳在这部电影里表现太棒了。
Josh O'Connor in this movie is incredible.
他简直令人惊叹。
He is astounding.
我在这部电影里太喜欢他了。
I I loved him in this movie.
我爱帕特里克这个角色。
I love the Patrick character.
电力十足。
Electric.
他就是个彻头彻尾的混蛋。
He is a fucking dirtbag.
而且与他以往扮演的几乎所有角色都截然不同。
And really incredibly different from almost every character he's played.
就像一个汗津津的美国傻大个,但又不完全是那种傻气。
Just like a a sweaty American doofus, but not a but not a doofus.
非常忧郁又精明,就像你说的那样。
Very sad savvy, just as you said.
就是有点人渣气质。
Just kind of a dirtbag.
是啊。
Yeah.
一个胡子拉碴、邋里邋遢的渣男。
An unshaven, uncleansed fuck boy.
这就是他正在演绎的角色本质。
That's who that's literally what he's playing.
而且他的性取向是流动的,嗯。
Like and he is he is sexually fluid Mhmm.
他无时无刻不想着占别人便宜。
And he is trying to take advantage of people at all times.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
这部电影里镜头无数次如此贴近他的脸庞。
He the camera is so close on his face so many times in this movie.
卢卡显然对乔什·奥康纳着迷,你能感觉到他在镜头前倾身的那种表演张力,因为他真的对这个角色乐在其中。
Luca is clearly obsessed with Josh O'Connor, and Josh O'Connor is you can feel him leaning into the lens in the movie because he's really having a lot of fun with this character.
从某些方面来说,他有点像布拉德·皮特那个角色——总在不停地吃东西。
He has kind of the Brad Pitt part in some ways insofar as, like, he's just kinda always eating something.
他嘴里永远塞着食物,这个角色身上充满了各种明显的阳具隐喻。
He just always has something in his mouth, and there are a lot of obvious phallic illusions going on with the character.
但你知道,卢卡的很多电影都在探讨欲望吞噬这个主题,关于那些不断进食的人,他们...
But he's just like you know, a lot of Luca's movies are about consumption and people who, like, eat, and they they
这确实是卢卡电影里反复出现且显而易见的欲望隐喻。
It it it is another very recurring and obvious metaphor for desire Yes.
以及饥饿、食欲,以及这些欲望的不同表达方式。
And and hunger and appetite and and the different ways that that can be expressed.
那条紫色短裤非常重要。
The purple shorts are really important.
它们确实如此。
They they just are.
这部电影的所有服装都是由乔纳森·安德森设计的,他是路易威登的设计师,也有自己的品牌。
So all of the costumes in this movie are done by Jonathan Anderson, who is the designer of Louie Wei and also his own line.
他和乔什·奥康纳是好朋友。
But he and Josh O'Connor are buds.
乔什·奥康纳经常出现在路易威登的秀场上,我想他几乎只穿他设计的衣服,或者经常穿他设计的衣服。
So and Josh O'Connor is always at the Louiewe shows, and I think is pretty much exclusively dressed by him or frequently dressed by him.
他在首映礼上就穿着那套衣服,我当时也在场看到了这部电影。
He was wearing it at the premiere where I saw the film.
所以我真的理解并欣赏乔什·奥康纳在电影中的穿着以及这些服装的运用。
And so I there is a there's a real understanding and an appreciation also of what Josh O'Connor can wear and how it's used in the movie.
而且,再次强调,就像大腿裸露的程度,这可不是你经常能看到的男性身体部位,你知道的,考虑到流行趋势和大多数男性通常的穿着偏好。
And and again, just like the sheer amount of thigh, which is like not a male body part that you see that often, just, you know, given trends and how most You men like to
想要更多男性大腿
want more male thighs
出现在你视野中。
in your eyes.
这很有冲击力。
It's powerful.
好吧。
Okay.
你知道吗,你注意到这一点了吗?
Do you know, like, it you notice it?
这是你想看到的一面吗?
Side that you'd like to see?
嗯,我是说,保罗·麦斯卡真的很努力在推动这种风格。
Well, I mean, Paul Meskel is, like, really trying to make that work a lot.
他确实喜欢那样。
He does like that.
但我只是想说,这些,你知道的,欧洲男孩们,大洋彼岸的男孩们,他们懂。
But I'm just saying, like, these, know, the Euro boys, the boys from across the pond, they understand.
他们是
They're a
稍微舒服一点。
little more comfortable.
是啊。
Yeah.
爱尔兰真是赶上好时候了。
And What a time for Ireland.
这确实很有效果。
And it it really does work.
而且卢卡·瓜达尼诺导演也深谙其中奥妙。
And it's also, like, the camera also and Luca Guadagnino also understands the power of it.
你说过,他就像个邋遢鬼,但却有种难以抗拒的魅力。
And you said, you know, he's like a unwashed sleazepot, but also in an incredibly appealing way.
这简直是个专业级的表现,没错。
Like, that is that's a pro Yeah.
在这部电影的价值体系里。
In the in the values of the movie.
他非常自信且迷人。
He's very confident and charming.
我是说,电影还特意强调'你那儿很大'。
I mean, also the movie goes out of its way to be like, you've got a big dick.
这个点在电影里反复出现了好几次。
Like, that comes up, like, multiple times in the movie.
电影对两种男性气质的暗示非常明显,艺术派和帕特里克分别代表了这两种模式。
There's some some very clear insinuations about, like, basically the two modes of masculinity in the movie, and art and Patrick represent those two modes.
但奥康纳简直是为这个角色而生的。
But O'Connor is just, like, very up for this part.
不是每个演员都能驾驭这个角色,因为他英俊,但不是那种传统意义上的英俊。
Not every actor can pull off this part because he's handsome, but not, like, classically handsome.
他五官鲜明,而且必须带点粗犷气质。
You know, he has big features, and he has to be a little bit Right.
既有点邋遢,又同时具有吸引力
Gross and a little bit appealing at the same
而且他们显然用了替身,但所有镜头都是亲自打网球的。
And it is also they obviously have doubles, but they are all, like, playing tennis.
他们的动作戏非常多。
They're it is they're very physical.
没错。
Yes.
他们的身材在短裤下展露无遗,而且动作戏也很多,这并不常见。
Like, their bodies are on display, obviously, with the shorts, but also just in terms of moving around, and that's not typically.
我是说...确实不常见。
I mean No.
你得有能力完成那种工作。
You gotta be able to do that work.
是啊。
Yeah.
当然。
Sure.
但他通常演的是莎士比亚戏剧,或者慢悠悠地寻找伊特鲁里亚文物,你知道的,就是那种特别慢的节奏。
But he typically does, like, you know, Shakespeare and walking slowly to look for an Etruscan artifact, you know, like, really slowly.
毕竟,神赐的石头可不能急着找。
Like, you can't rush the divine rock.
对啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
而且他们都提到过,他们参加了集训营,所有人都进行了网球训练。
So and they both talked about how like, they they went to boot camp, and they all did, like, tennis training.
嗯。
Mhmm.
然后,你知道的,就是排练。
And then, you know, rehearsals.
有一天他们用某种机器测量腹肌力量,赞达亚是三人中表现最好的。
And there was there was one day of doing, like, some sort of machine that measured their ab strength and Zendaya, one of the three of Yeah.
然后他们全都表示,哦,不。
And then they were all like, oh, no.
我们该怎么赶上赞达亚的水平?
What do we do to keep up with Zendaya?
但这要求很高,和平时很不一样。
But but that is that's demanding and very different from the typical.
这是电影中很重要的一部分。
It's a huge part of the movie.
如果你不相信他们是运动员,那整部电影就立不住了。
And if you don't buy them as athletes, then it doesn't work.
而且是非常特定类型的运动员,几周前有人在我看完电影后问我,这部电影真的像人们说的那么性感吗?
And a very specific kind of athlete, somebody a few weeks ago had asked me after I'd seen the movie, is the movie actually as sexy as people are saying it is?
我当时就说,如果你喜欢瘦子的话,那确实如此。
And I was like, it is if you like skinny people.
你懂吧?
You know?
这是一部关于瘦子的电影。
This is a movie of skinny people.
这倒是实话。
That's true.
可能没人比迈克·费斯特更瘦了。
Maybe no one more skinny than Mike Feist.
他是个瘦弱的男孩。
He's a he's a skinny boy.
是啊。
Yeah.
你知道吗?
You know?
我是说,网球运动员也差不多是这样。
I mean, that's also that's true of tennis a little bit.
完全同意。
Totally.
他们是...
They're I
我觉得选角很合适。
think they're well cast.
他们看起来就是那种类型的人。
They look like the kind of person.
你很少看到身高1米98、体重127公斤的人打职业网球。
You don't see a lot of guys who are, like, six six two eighty playing professional tennis.
这确实不是典型体型。
That's not really an archetype.
但我认为费斯特是个非常有趣的角色
But I think Feist is a really interesting one.
他当时突然崭露头角
He burst onto the scene.
我们之前从未在斯皮尔伯格几年前翻拍的《西区故事》中见过他
We've never really seen him before in Spielberg's West Side Story remake a few years back.
嗯
Mhmm.
他在那部电影里表现得太出色了
He is on fire in that movie.
他就是那种能跳出银幕抓住你眼球的存在
He is, like, the thing that jumps off the screen.
没错
Yeah.
但自那之后他就再没什么作品了
And he hasn't really done anything since then.
他其实出演了电影《摩托车手》,这部电影原本计划去年
He's actually appeared he appears in the movie The Bike Riders, which was meant to come out last
上映。
year.
真令人兴奋。
Exciting.
他在那部电影中扮演重要角色。
And he has an important part in that movie.
我觉得他表现不错,但与《西区故事》或这部电影中的气质截然不同。
And I thought he's pretty good, but a very different kind of energy from what we saw in West Side Story or this movie.
在这部电影里,他有点像纳菲。
In this movie, he's kind of the Nafe.
就是那种天真无邪的角色。
Like, he's like the innocent one.
他是那个在字面意义上没有帕特里克那样优势的人。
He's the one who doesn't quite have the leg up literally that Patrick has.
到电影结尾时,他某种程度上成为了Tashi世界中的一枚棋子。
He becomes a kind of a pawn of Tashi's world by the end of the film.
但我觉得他在这部电影里表现得也非常出色。
But I thought he was very, very good in this too.
而且他带来了一种特定的、类似'beta能量'的气质,直到他不再需要为止。
And as, like, bringing a certain kind of, like, a beta energy until he doesn't have to anymore.
是啊。
Yeah.
嗯,他确实还保持着与艺术之间那种可感知的联系。
Well, he also still does bring the palpable connection with art Yes.
与Josh O'Connor之间以及与Tashi之间都是如此。
With Josh O'Connor as well as with Tashi.
而且能展现出那两人之间那种微妙的关系,这需要细腻的表演功力。
And can, like, the types of relationship between those two people, which is nuanced work.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你可以像个局外人那样,同时渴望着他们两个人。
And you could just, like, be a wallflower and be pining for both of them.
但他从他们身上看到了不同的东西,并且能够传达出所有这些。
But he sees different things from them and is able to communicate all of that.
是的。
Yeah.
而且电影里有个有趣的阶段,帕特里克和塔希在一起。嗯。
And he seems also there's an interesting period in the film where Patrick and and Tashi are together Mhmm.
在大学期间。
During college.
而他正试图插足他们之间。
And he's trying to worm his way in between them.
他还试图守护塔希的感情。
And he's trying to guard Tashi's affections.
帕特里克和塔希是一对,但塔希和阿尔特一起去了斯坦福。
Patrick and Tashi are together, but Tashi and Art go to Stanford together.
没错。
Exactly.
所以他们经常在一起。
So they spend time together.
他们是朋友。
They're friends.
他们一起吃饭,但他在用餐时不断暗中贬低他。
They're they eat together, but he is undercutting him to her while they're having a meal.
然后帕特里克来看他,他就在帕特里克面前贬低她。
And then Patrick comes to visit him, and he is undercutting her to him.
他在玩一个小把戏。
And he's playing a little game.
这是电影中他唯一一次真正在玩小把戏。
It's the only time when he's really playing a little game in the movie.
是啊。
Yeah.
他如愿以偿得到了想要的一切。
And he gets exactly what he wants.
在短短八分钟里,他完美演绎了恶魔的角色。
And he's very effective at just being the devil for, like, eight minutes.
而其余时间里,另外两人才是真正的恶魔。
And the the other two are really the devils for the remainder of the time.
制造混乱的核心人物其实是帕特里克和塔希。
Mean, the chaos agents are Patrick and Tashi.
但正是他作为故事撬棍般的存在,才真正揭开了故事的序幕。
But the one moment and he is the person who gets to be the the crowbar in the story, who kinda breaks the story open.
因为如果他没有在电影那段情节中做出那些举动,对吧。
Because if he doesn't do the thing that he does in that period of the movie Right.
我们就看不到塔希和阿尔特共同生活的样子。
We don't see Tashi and and Art and their life together.
所以我不想低估他,认为他只是个被她和被他吸引的温柔男孩。
So I don't wanna undersell him as only being, like, the soft boy who's, you know, attracted to her and attracted to him.
他在电影中确实有一定的自主权,这种力量很强大,而费斯特在那个时刻真的让你信服了。
Like, he does have a little bit he has agency in the movie that is powerful, and Feist really, like, sells you in that moment.
因为你肯定遇到过——我不确定你是否遇到过那种专门试图拆散你和另一个男人的家伙,但这种事在世界上确实存在。
Because you've I'm sure you've encountered I don't if you've encountered a guy like that specifically trying to break you up with another guy, but that is a thing that happens in the world.
是啊。
Yeah.
总有人会出现。
People come along.
那种观察等待的人,其实更多是在观察而非等待。
Person who is watching and waiting, and it's more watching than waiting, actually.
当时机成熟时,他们早已准备就绪。
Just the and when things come together, they're ready.
他知道何时出击。
He knows how to strike.
没错。
Yeah.
这部电影里确实没有太多其他表演。
There's really not many other performances in this movie.
边线裁判的表演非常有趣。
There's a very funny performance from a line judge.
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
谁是赞达亚的私人助理?
Who is Zendaya's personal assistant?
没错。
Yes.
他表现得很好。
He's very good.
是啊。
Yeah.
另外,还有个网球事实核查我完全不在乎。
There's also Also, I another tennis fact check that I don't care at all about.
但我觉得挑战赛的线审穿得没有他那么光鲜亮丽,就是那位线审。
But I I don't feel that line judges at challenger's events are dressed as beautifully as as he is, as the line judge.
好吧。
Okay.
是啊。
Yeah.
嗯,他的仪容也打理得一丝不苟。
Well, he's also very very well manicured.
他的发型非常棒。
His hair is wonderful.
对啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我们在挑战者赛事开头遇到的那位女性,也是故事中过去的一部分。
There's also the woman that we encounter at the beginning of the Challenger event who is a part of the past in the story.
但名单非常短,嗯哼。
But just a very it's a very short list Mhmm.
角色名单。
Of characters.
还有一位帕特里克在Tinder上约会的女性,那段情节非常非常有趣。
There's a woman that Patrick goes on a Tinder date with, which is a very, very funny sequence.
但对于这样规模的电影,据报道预算高达5000万美元,对这种类型来说非常昂贵,却只有三个主要角色,我一时想不出太多类似的例子。
But for a movie that has this scale, for a movie that is a $50,000,000 movie reportedly, that's the budget, which is very expensive for a movie like this, to only really have three characters is I I couldn't think of a lot of comparisons.
对于如此宏大且气势磅礴的作品来说,这种情况并不常见
It's not common for something that is this big and this powerful that feels this big and this powerful
没错。
Right.
老实说,我们几乎没有与其他角色共度时光。
To have nobody else that we spend our time with, honestly.
确实如此。
That's true.
他们毫无深度可言。
They have no depth.
嗯,但你其实是在和许多不同的版本打交道。
Well, you are spending time with a lot of different versions Mhmm.
这些角色之间,考虑到剧情中频繁的时间跳跃、背叛和联盟转换,我认为这种精简处理很明智。
Of these characters, and I think it it's smart to scale it if you're gonna do as much time jumping and and, like, backstabbing and alliance shifting as you do throughout.
光是跟上他们三个的节奏就已经够呛了。
Like, it's enough to try to keep up with the three of them.
你觉得电影里这么多时间跳跃的情节会让人感到困惑吗?
Do you think it is confusing at all how much of the time hopping is going down in the movie?
不会。
No.
只有一处让我有点跟不上。
There's only one moment where I got lost.
我甚至不觉得自己有困惑过
I don't even think I was lost.
但有几次我确实觉得需要更清楚的解释来说明发生了什么
But there were a couple times where I was like, I need a better explanation for what's going on.
嗯
Mhmm.
然后最终那些时间跳跃的部分确实都讲清楚了
And and then eventually, like, the time hopping did get there.
所以我可能希望节奏能再快一点。
So maybe I wanted it to get there a bit faster.
也许我觉得它的节奏不是特别完美,但我并没有感到困惑。
Maybe I thought it was, you know, not totally well paced, but I wasn't confused.
如果要说的话,当看到第十四个时间提示卡精确标注时间时,我心想:冷静点。
If anything, I was like, by the fourteenth title card being like, here's exactly what time this I was like, calm down.
我在认真看呢。
I'm paying attention.
你知道吗?
You know?
就像亚马逊某个高管突然说:'我们需要再加一个场景。'
Like, whatever studio exec at Amazon was just like, we need another one.
我确实认为当时的情况就是那样。
I do think that was what was going on.
我知道,但我想让亚马逊的所有人都明白,我...我在集中注意力。
I I know, but I just want everyone at Amazon to know that, like, I I'm focusing.
电影中有几个瞬间——我们现在要开始深入讨论具体场景,即将进入剧透环节了。
There are a couple of moments in the film, and we're we're we're entering into spoiler territory as we start to dig into specific scenes more deeply.
但有个场景转到辛辛那提时,塔什和阿尔特那顿关键晚餐戏,我当时就懵了:这到底是哪年哪月?
But there's a moment when we go to Cincinnati, and we have this critical meal between Tashi and Art where I was like, where what time when what year is this?
然后亚特兰大还有另一个场景
And then there's another moment in Atlanta
嗯
Mhmm.
帕特里克和塔希相遇的那场戏让我困惑,这到底是哪一年发生的事?
Where Patrick and Tashi have an encounter where I was like, what year is this?
而且这些场景都不在电影的核心时间线上。
And, like, these are those are moments that are not in the core timelines of the movie.
就像你说的,电影有个核心时间线,大约是2006年、2008年,然后是2019年。
There's, like, a core timeline, as you said, this sort like, 2006, 2008, and then 2019.
这些是影片的主要时间节点。
Those are sort of the main moments of the film.
另外那两个场景感觉像是发生在...
Those other two moments feel like they're happening.
太空中。
In space.
对。
Yeah.
就像是在问,那是2013年吗?
It's like, was that 2013?
是2016年吗?
Was it 2016?
你知道,电影里其实散布着时间标记点,但像这样不断跳前又闪回的叙事方式确实挺少见的
You know, like, they they they there are mile markers throughout the movie, but it's unusual for something like this to skip ahead and then go back and skip ahead and
关键在于这是一部关于职业网球运动员的电影,所以他们总在路上奔波。
go And and the trick is that this is a movie about professional tennis players, so they are always on the road.
故事场景大多发生在连锁酒店、Applebee's餐厅这类场所。
And it is set in a series of hotels and Applebee's and and restaurants and other places.
所有人始终处于流动状态,没有固定环境——我觉得这既是特色所在,也凸显了这三个角色奇特又有趣的特质。
So there aren't any kinda outside at everyone and is in flux all of the times, which is I think a feature for the most part and then another aspect of what is so strange and interesting about these three people.
但对于那些没有明确时间标记的闪回片段,你会有点懵:
But for the flashbacks that aren't granted in time, you're kinda like, wait.
这是哪里?
Where am I?
我们是在新罗谢尔吗?
And it's like, are we in New Rochelle?
这是亚特兰大吗?
Is this Atlanta?
我以为新罗谢尔的大部分场景其实是在亚特兰大拍的。
I thought that much of New Rochelle actually was Atlanta.
不过没关系。
But that's okay.
可能确实是这种情况
That may have been the case where
没关系。
That's okay.
他们
Where they
拍摄的地方。
shot it.
我刚刚忘记说了,那个内战场景其实是在纽约拍的。嗯。
I just forgot to say that, like, this civil war scene with was, like, in New York Mhmm.
或者不管那个开场场景是在哪里,那应该是在亚特兰大。
Or wherever that opening thing, that, like, that was Atlanta.
我当时就想,我知道那是哪个街区。
And I was like, I know what block that is.
你是说
You mean
来自电影《内战》
from the film Civil
?
War?
对。
Yes.
那里没有
There's not a
电影《挑战者》里没有内战场景。
civil war sequence in the film Challengers.
所以这算是一种内战。
So it is a kind of civil war.
是啊。
Yeah.
是的是的,这是一种不同的内战。
It is it is it's a different kind of civil war.
顺便说一句,我们让Bobby把你刚才说的那段剪进了《内战》那期节目。
And one that I the record, we have Bobby cut that note you just made into the Civil War episode.
他们甚至懒得换掉奥本大街的路牌。
They didn't even bother changing the Auburn Auburn Avenue sign.
我当时就觉得,那就是亚特兰大。
I was like, I that's Atlanta.
没错。
Yeah.
不过没关系。
But that's okay.
没关系。
That's alright.
显然这里也是亚特兰大。
This was apparently Atlanta too.
你是想让自由女神像出现在那个场景中间吗?
Did you just want the Statue Of Liberty in the middle of that scene?
比如,他们应该怎么做才合适?
Like, what what should they have done?
我不知道。
I don't know.
他们得在预算内
They gotta make
拍这些电影。
these movies on a budget.
我是说,亚特兰大所有人都很高兴这些电影对当地经济的贡献,但所有场景也开始看起来千篇一律了。
Mean think everybody in Atlanta is very happy for the contributions to the local economy, but also it's all starting to look the same.
最搞笑的是《极盗车神》,我就纳闷:他们为什么要在亚特兰大抢银行?
The funniest version of that is baby driver where I'm like, why are they robbing these banks in baby in Atlanta?
为什么这部电影要设定在亚特兰大?
Like, why is this movie set in Atlanta?
设定在亚特兰大是因为他们只能在那里拍摄。
It's set in Atlanta because that's where they had to shoot the movie.
总之我觉得只要你像看普通电影那样专注,最终也不会太混乱,但这部电影的独特之处部分在于它的快节奏。
Anyway, I think it's not it's not really that confusing ultimately if you're just paying attention the way you would to a normal film, but it's unusual because in part because of how fast the film is moving.
当你在时间线上来回穿梭,不断被这些能量爆点冲击时——
So when you're sliding back and forth through time and you're getting constantly hit with these needle drops of energy.
懂吗?
You know?
那种感觉就像...虽然我从未吸过可卡因,但每次音乐切换时,确实有种刚吸完一剂的上头感
It kinda it kinda feels like you're just I I I'll tell you what, I've never used cocaine, but it it kinda has that, like, I just did a line feeling every time the
音乐一响起来。
music drops.
是啊。
Yeah.
而且,我是说,配乐至少占了电影一半分量。
And Well, I mean, the score is not half the movie.
这是它成功的关键因素。
It's a huge part of its success.
完全彻底地改变了它。
Completely, completely changes it.
没错。
Yes.
你能想象换成更传统的配乐吗?比如詹姆斯·牛顿·霍华德的管弦乐那种
Could you imagine with just a more traditional, like, James Newton Howard orchestra playing, like
对啊。
Yeah.
或者随便什么
Or anything
你知道的,而不是这种,你知道的,2270年的伯格因风格。
you know, instead of this, you know, Burgyn in twenty two thousand seven.
这简直就是他妈的浩室音乐
Like, it is it is fucking house music
是的。
Yeah.
整部电影里都是雷斯纳的音乐,他当然知道怎么做这种音乐,但以前从未真正做出过这样的作品。
Throughout the film from Resnar, who, of course, like, knows how to make music like that, but has never really quite made music like this.
他之前显然做过一些工业舞曲,但和这个完全不同。
Like, he's obviously made a kind of industrial dance music before, but not like this.
电影如此痴迷配乐,甚至直接在对话场景上叠加音乐,你几乎听不清角色们在说什么。
And the movie is so in love with the score that it is literally dropping score over dialogue scenes, and you almost can't make out what the characters are saying to each other.
在某种程度上,这正是电影的重点,因为配乐与这种纯粹的能量完美契合。
Which is, in some ways, like, the point of the movie because the the score is so aligned with the this is just this is pure energy.
我们就是要让你感觉自己像个疯狂的年轻人,分不清网球结束和性爱开始的界限。
Like, we are just gonna make you feel like you are, you know, an insane young person confused where the tennis ends and the sex begins.
确实如此。
Absolutely.
还有你在生活中想要什么,无论是为了赢、为了性,还是两者兼得。
And also what you want in life and whether it's to win or to fuck or to both.
对Tashi来说,这两者是一回事。
In Tashi's case, they are the same.
没错。
Yeah.
正是如此。
Exactly.
而且这种状态一直持续着。
And it just it keeps going.
这太令人兴奋了。
It's so exciting.
是的。
Yep.
我确实认为它有助于设定节奏,同时也让电影的节奏以及那些来回切换的剪辑显得更加合理。
I do think it it helps it sets the pace, but also makes the pace of the movie and that cutting in the back and forth just make a lot more sense.
因为在某个时刻,你就会觉得,无所谓了。
Because at some point, you're just like, whatever.
我就这么继续下去。
I'm just going.
就像,我只是在跳舞。
Like, I'm just dancing.
有一个连续的片段。
There's like a sequence.
我想是当Art和Tashi在床上那段,背景音乐一直在播放。
I think it's when Art and Tashi are in bed together where the music is going.
我当时就觉得,我不在乎他们在说什么。
And I'm like, I don't care what they're saying.
其实并不重要,真的无关紧要。
It doesn't really it's, like, not important.
那是她大学网球比赛前的那场吗?
Is that the one before her college tennis match?
我觉得是电影快结束时的场景,哦不对。
I think it's later in the movie near the end Oh, no.
阿特就是阿特。
Art is Art.
但不是。
But no.
你就像是阿特和帕特里克的结合体。
You're like of Art and Patrick.
是啊。
Yeah.
我超爱他们。
I I love them.
我也爱他们,但今天看到Vulture网站的Nate Jones发了篇文章说他们应该互换角色。
I love them, but I think it was Nate Jones of Vulture who published a piece today being like, they should be switched.
哦。
Oh.
你知道吗?
You know?
而且,就像,Art更有Art的气质,Patrick更有Patrick的气质。
And that, like, Art has more Art vibes and Patrick has more Patrick vibes.
这个想法在我脑海中扎根得如此之深,以至于我现在都很难分清谁是Art谁是Patrick。
And and that lodged itself enough in my head that now I have a hard time remembering who is Art and who is Patrick.
我觉得那可能是帕特里克·斯兰德。
I think that might be Patrick Slander.
就是那些叫帕特里克的人。
Like, dudes named Patrick.
嗯,那是你的爱尔兰特质
Well, that's your Irish
我就是这个意思
That's what I'm saying.
是啊。
Yeah.
老兄。
My guy.
我不
I don't
认识很多叫Art的人。
know a lot of arts.
没错。
Yeah.
我是说,Resner的音乐相当了不起。
I mean, Resner music is pretty incredible.
这部电影里也有一些重要的音乐插入点。
There are also some some important needle drops in this movie.
这是...这里有些盐的影子
This is this is there's shades of salt
燃烧在这里。
burn here.
这部电影几乎完整播放了Nelly的《Hot in Here》作为派对背景音乐。
This is a movie that allows pretty much the entirety of Nelly's Hot in Here to play at a party.
这
It's
太神奇了。
like Amazing.
我是说,那段音乐插入让我兴奋不已。
I I mean, I was thrilled that the needle dropped.
给Z世代解释一下《Hot in Here》发布时的盛况。
Explain to Gen z what it was like when Hot in Here dropped.
解释它是如何改变
Explain how it changed I
我对那段时期有着异常鲜活的感官记忆,当时我应该是高中年纪,但还没上大学。
have just like an incredibly vivid sense memory of a I must have been high school age wise, but I was I was still I'd not gone to college yet.
我们食堂里有些糟糕的舞蹈,就像《Hot in Here》正在播放时那样。
And some terrible dance in our cafeteria, and like hot in here is going.
所有老师都试图,双关语警告,给跳舞现场降温,你懂的。
And all the teachers are like trying to, pun intended, bring down the temperature of the dancing, you know.
但到了某个时刻,
But it's like, at some point
他们阻止不了你们。
They couldn't stop you.
没人能阻止《Hot in Here》。
You can't stop Hot in Here.
当我们为婚礼DJ列想听的歌单时,我写的就是'我想听《Hot in Here》,其他任何Nelly的歌能塞进歌单的都可以'。
When we had to make a list, like, for our wedding DJ of songs we wanted to hear, I literally, the thing I wrote was just, like, I would like to hear Hot in Here and then, like, really any other Nelly that you can fit into to the playlist.
结果根本没放,DJ整晚都在放费城说唱。
That didn't really happen, and he just played, like, Philly rap the entire time.
不过没关系。
But that's okay.
即便在2006年也极为重要。
Extremely important even in 2006.
而且这也是事实。
And it is also It that's true.
它确实有着很长的生命周期。
It did it it had a long life span.
那是2002年的歌,但你仍会在活动上听到它
That's a 2002 song, but it did you would hear that in an event
比如我高中毕业那年,我们完全沉迷于Nelly的音乐。
like one my senior year of high school when we lost it to to Nelly.
所以音乐一响起
So it comes on.
这是在派对上。
It's at the party.
这是回忆模式,所以他们还是青少年。
It's in a flashback mode, so they're teenagers.
赞达亚穿着蓝色雪纺裙,完全就是个少女模样。
And Zendaya is, like, perfectly teenager out in, like, a blue chiffon dress.
她有一段经典的瓜达尼诺式舞蹈,配合流行歌曲跳了很久。
And she gets, you know, a classic Guadagnino dance for a long period of time to a pop song.
我想她确实把社交媒体头像都换成了这个场景的剧照。
I think she actually just she changed all her social media profile pics to a picture of her from this scene.
是啊。
Yeah.
就是,跳舞。
Like, dance.
她知道。
And she because she knows.
嗯,想想看。
Well, think about it.
《阴风阵阵》对吧。
Suspiria Yeah.
舞蹈。
Dance.
显然,阿米·汉默,《请以你的名字呼唤我》,舞蹈。
Obviously, army hammer, call me by your name, dance.
就像,这是他显然会做的事,雷·费恩。
Like, this is something he go obviously, Ray Fine.
雷·费恩。
Ray Fine.
手指划过。
Finger slash.
这是他一次又一次反复回归的主题。
This is something he goes back to over and over and over.
是啊。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
运动中的身体。
Bodies in motion.
作为一种信号传递方式,就像这样,这个人表面之下有很多事情即将引发一些问题。
And as a way of signaling, like, this, there's a lot going on with this person that under the surface that is is about to create some issues.
而她就是那个场景中的磁铁。
And she is she is the magnet in that scene.
没错。
Yeah.
因为那两个家伙在派对上,他们正注视着她。
Because the two guys are at the party, and they're watching her.
我们正通过他们的视角观看。
And we're seeing through their POV.
通过他们的眼睛看她此刻的样子。
It's through their eyes what she looks like in this moment.
她就是那个奖品。
And she is the prize.
她就像是那个奖杯。
She is, like, the cup.
而他们真的只是两个愚蠢的青少年。
And they are really just two dumb teenagers also.
他们俩张大嘴巴在一起的镜头非常滑稽。
Like, the the shots of the two of them together just, like, with jaws open are very funny.
乔什·奥康纳饰演的角色拿着可乐瓶,一边看她跳舞一边用嘴叼着瓶子。
Josh O'Connor's character holding a Coke bottle, like, mouthing a Coke bottle while watching her dance.
简直太搞笑了。
Just hilarious stuff.
迈克·费斯全程都反戴着帽子。
Mike Feiss is wearing the backwards hat throughout that.
那是年轻的迈克·费斯反戴帽子的样子,特别好笑
That's like the this it's young Mike Feiss when his hat is on backwards, which is very funny
而且可爱。
and cute.
另一个辨别所处年代的方法就是看那男生的发型,看她的发型。
Other way you know where you are is just look at the guy's hair, look at her hair.
就是这样
That's how
你就知道我们处于什么年代了。
you know what we're in time we are.
但还有,他们就那样让Nelly的歌完整播放。
But but also, they just let the Nelly like, the entire song plays.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,那
I mean, that's
这是个代价高昂的教训。
It's been a pricey lesson.
太强了。
Powerful.
是啊。
Yeah.
不过我很为所有人高兴,因为它一直持续着。
I'm I'm glad for everyone though because it just kept going.
我当时就像,整部电影过程中我都在欢呼喝彩。
And I was just like, I was I was hooting and hollering throughout this whole movie.
当这些场景出现时,我甚至跟着配乐跳起舞来,你知道,就是那些
I'm like dancing to the score when this was going, when, you know, all of the
我注意到的另一个真正具有时代印记的场景是大学食堂里,迈克·费斯特和赞达亚一起吃午饭时,背景音乐播放着莉莉·艾伦的《Smile》。
The other one that I clocked that I was was a real time capsule moment is in the college cafeteria when Mike Feist and Zendaya are having lunch together, Lily Allen Smile is playing.
我当时就想,哇。
And I was like, wow.
这绝对是...天啊。
That is definitely Oh my god.
在那个房间那个时刻播放着
Playing in that room at that time.
而且
And
不过我看了这个之后,确实去听了那张专辑
I but I I do after I saw this, I went and was listening to that album.
老实说,我大概每三个月
As I as I honestly do once every three
到四个月就会听一次
to four months.
很棒的专辑
Great album.
她现在还和大卫·哈伯结婚吗?
Is she still married to David Harbour?
我想是的
I believe so.
我觉得他们过得不错。
I think they're doing well.
很好。
Good.
她似乎每九个月就会说点什么,然后所有人都会说:闭嘴,莉莉·艾伦。
She seems to say something once every nine months where everybody's like, shut up, Lily Allen.
她现在也有播客了,跟我们一样。
Well, has a podcast now, like we all do.
要知道,伟人也会落魄。
You know, the mighty have fallen.
还是说我们崛起了?
But Or have we risen?
好好想想
Think about it
这个角度。
that way.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。