本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我们正被大量干扰性化学物质包围。
We are being bombarded with disrupting chemicals.
很多这种物质都存在于我们的产品中。
A lot of them, they're in our products.
好的。
Okay.
我们去我的厨房吧。
Let's go to my kitchen.
跟我来。
Come with me.
这就是我的冰箱。
So this is my fridge.
我首先注意到的是这个,因为这最糟糕。
So the first thing I noticed is this because that's, like, the worst.
我能拿个垃圾袋吗?
Can I get a bin bag?
这是由回收的电子产品制成的。
This is made from recycled electronics.
那这个呢?
What about this?
这也是个问题。
This is a problem also.
还有这个
And this
叮叮叮。
Ding ding ding.
这个很棒。
This is great.
我接下来要处理餐具。
I'm gonna do utensils next.
加热时,塑料会进入你的食物。
Heating it up, the plastic is getting into your food.
这跟收据有关吗?
Is that about a receipt?
这很糟糕。
That's bad.
它上面覆盖着双酚A。
It's covered with BPA.
研究青少年男孩发现,这与睾酮水平降低50%有关。
And studying adolescent boys showed that it was associated with a 50% reduction in testosterone.
然后这个是人们常常忽略的。
And then this is one that people often miss.
哦,生物医学科学家和抗衰老医生兰达·帕特里克回来了。
Oh, The biomedical scientist and antiaging doctor Rhonda Patrick is back.
这次,她谈论的是健康优化和保持最佳状态
This time, she's talking about health optimization, maintaining peak performance
以及干扰你身体的环境毒素。
And the environmental toxins disrupting your body.
罗达·帕特里克医生,我们来聊聊我以前从来没听说过的东西。
Doctor Rhonda Patrick, let's talk about something that I've never heard of before.
巅峰期。
Peak span.
巅峰期到底是什么东西?
What the hell is peak span?
它基本上是指你的功能保持在峰值的90%以内。
So it's essentially being within 90% of your peak function.
例如,肌肉质量和骨密度通常在25岁左右达到峰值,然后开始稳步下降。
For example, muscle mass, bone density, that kind of peaks around 25 years old, and then they kind of steadily start to decline.
你在开玩笑吧。
You're joking.
认知功能也是如此。
And the same goes for cognitive function.
所以我在走下坡路了?
So I'm on the way down?
是的,我肯定正在走下坡路。
Yeah, and I'm definitely on the way down.
但我们生活中可以做一些事情来帮助维持这个巅峰期。
But we can do things in our life to help maintain that peak span.
如果你每周锻炼五小时,其中包含一些高强度间歇训练,就能逆转心脏老化二十年。
If you exercise five hours a week, do some high intensity interval training in there, and you can reverse heart aging by twenty years.
睡眠也非常非常重要,能防止免疫系统快速老化。
And then sleep, very, very important for preventing your immune system from aging rapidly.
另外一件对大脑老化非常重要的事情是,这与阿尔茨海默病风险的快速下降有关。
And then another thing that you can do that's really important for brain aging is, and this is associated with a rapid decrease in Alzheimer's disease risk.
但我真正想谈的是间歇性禁食、奥司美吉补充剂和久坐不动。
But what I really wanna talk about is intermittent fasting, Ozempic supplements, being sedentary.
我不想谈所有这些,但眼下我手头这个话题必须得聊聊。
So I don't wanna talk about all of that, but we've gotta talk about this in my hands at the moment.
如果你有这种情况,你的早期死亡风险会翻倍。
So if you have this, it's going to double your risk of early mortality.
翻倍你的风险?
Double your risk?
翻倍。
Double.
好的。
Okay.
所以给我详细讲讲这个。
So talk me through this.
我希望越详细越好。
I want as much detail as possible.
朋友们,在本集开始前,我想拜托大家一件事。
Guys, I've got a favor to ask before this episode begins.
算法会根据你关注的节目,将该节目的最佳剧集 prominently 推送到你的信息流中。
The algorithm, if you follow a show, will deliver you the best episodes from that show very prominently in your feed.
所以当我们的节目有最精彩、被分享最多、评分最高的剧集时,我希望能让你知道。
So when we have our best episodes on this show, the most shared episodes, the most rated episodes, I would love you to know.
你只需点击关注按钮,就能轻松了解到这一点。
And the simple way for you to know that is to hit that follow button.
但同时,这也是你能为我们制作更好节目所做的一种简单、容易且免费的方式。
But also, it's a simple, easy, free thing that you can do to help us make this show better.
如果你能花一分钟时间,在你现在正在收听的App里点击关注按钮,我会非常感激。
And I would be hugely grateful if you could take a minute on the app you're listening to this on right now and hit that Follow button.
非常非常非常感谢你。
Thank you so, so, so much.
罗达·帕特里克博士,帕特里克,我对您提到的许多事情都深感着迷,而这些话题目前正萦绕在我心头,因为我是一名33岁的男性。
Doctor Rhonda Patrick, Patrick, I am fascinated by so many of the things that you talked about, and they're front of mind for me at the moment because I'm a 33 year old man.
通过做这个播客以及观察像这样的图表——我们今天会谈到,我相信大多数人这辈子都没见过——我知道,从现在开始的未来十年,33岁正是人生可能发生转折的年龄。
And I know from doing this podcast and looking at graphs like this one, which we'll talk about today, which I don't think most people have ever seen in their lives, that this is the age where things might start changing direction from here on over the next decade.
如果我能听从您的建议,现在就开始行动,未来几十年的生活将会有截然不同的面貌。
And there's things I can do to set myself up now if I listen to your advice for the remaining decades of my life to be remarkably different.
我现在正拿在手里把玩着这个。
I'm playing with this in my hands at the moment.
这是为视力不佳的人准备的,你现在应该看看屏幕。
It's for anyone that can't see, you should probably look at the screen right now.
这是一个黄色的、软塌塌的、有点恶心的团块。
It's a yellow blob of squidgy, slightly disgusting material.
这是什么?为什么它重要?
What is this, and why does this matter?
这代表内脏脂肪。
So this represents visceral fat.
大多数人从未听说过它。
It's something that most people haven't heard of.
很多人听说过脂肪。
Many people have heard of fat.
他们知道脂肪不好。
They know fat is bad.
但他们没有意识到脂肪有不同的类型。
But they don't realize there are different kinds of fat.
有一种叫内脏脂肪,这种脂肪你其实捏不到,那种皮下脂肪对吧?
There is visceral fat, and this is the kind of fat that you can't really pinch, adipose tissue kind of fat, right?
我的意思是,如果你打开身体,你能够捏到它,因为它深藏在体内。
I mean, if you opened up your body, you could pinch it because it's deep, deep within your body.
它常被称为腹部脂肪。
It's often referred to as belly fat.
它围绕着你的器官,比如肝脏、肾脏,还有你的肠道。
And it's surrounding your organs, like your liver, your kidney, you know, your intestines.
这是一种很深的腹部脂肪,和皮下脂肪非常不同。
This is a very deep belly fat, and it's very different from subcutaneous fat.
你实际上可能很瘦,但体内却有大量内脏脂肪。
You can actually be lean, but have a high amount of visceral fat.
我们把这些代谢不健康的人称为代谢不健康者。
We call these metabolically unhealthy people.
所以内脏脂肪,你提到你33岁。
So visceral fat, you mentioned you're 33.
33岁男性平均有多少内脏脂肪?
The average 33 year old male has how much visceral fat?
根据数据,30岁时大约为1.2磅。
According to the data, it says roughly 1.2 pounds at the age of 30.
而女性在30岁时内脏脂肪约为0.5磅。
And then for a woman, point five pounds of visceral fat at the age of 30.
40岁时,男性为1.7磅,女性为0.7磅。
At 40, it's 1.7 pounds for a man and point seven pounds for a woman.
50岁时,男性为2.2磅,女性为1磅。
At 50, 2.2 for a man, one pound for a woman.
60岁时,男性为2.07磅内脏脂肪,女性为1.4磅,这个年龄段患代谢综合征的风险最高。
And at 60, two 0.7 pounds of visceral fat and 1.4 pounds for a woman, which is the highest risk for metabolic syndromes at that age.
但我的意思是,这些数字都挺吓人的。
But I mean, all of them are pretty scary.
确实如此。
It is.
正如你所注意到的,趋势是随着年龄增长,你拥有更多内脏脂肪的风险也会增加。
And as you notice, the trend is, as you get older, you have a higher risk of having more of it.
50岁以上的女性中有百分之七十具有大量的内脏脂肪。
Seventy percent of women over the age of 50 have a high amount of visceral fat.
50岁以上的男性中有百分之五十具有大量的内脏脂肪。
Fifty percent of men over the age of 50 have a high amount of visceral fat.
这种内脏脂肪首先会使你的早期死亡风险增加一倍。
This visceral fat, for one, it's going to double your risk of early mortality.
就此打住。
Full stop.
也就是说,它会将你的风险翻倍。
That's, you know, it's going to double your risk.
风险翻倍。
Double your risk.
翻倍。
Double.
翻倍。
Double.
内脏脂肪,正如我提到的,与另一种脂肪——皮下脂肪和脂肪组织——在多个方面有所不同。
Visceral fat is, as I mentioned, different from the other kind of fat, the subcutaneous kind of fat, the adipose tissue kind of fat, in several ways.
首先,它是代谢活跃的。
One is that it is metabolically active.
它会分泌促炎细胞因子。
It is secreting inflammatory cytokines.
这些是向免疫系统发出信号的分子,但同时也参与损害我们的细胞。
These are, you know, molecules that are signaling to the immune system, but they're also involved with damaging our cells.
因此,内脏脂肪含量高的人患转移性癌症的风险高出44%。
And for this reason, people with a high amount of visceral fat are forty four percent more likely to get metastatic cancer.
这是会转移的癌症,属于非常危险的癌症类型。
That's cancer that's going to metastasize, very dangerous types of cancer.
他们也更容易患上代谢综合征,你刚才提到了。
They're also more likely you mentioned metabolic syndrome.
内脏脂肪的这个问题非常严重。
This is a big, big thing with visceral fat.
这种脂肪会不断将甘油三酯分解为游离脂肪酸。
This type of fat is constantly breaking down triglycerides into free fatty acids.
它一直在持续进行这个过程。
It's constantly doing it.
甘油三酯是什么?
What's triglycerides?
甘油三酯是你身体储存脂肪酸和脂肪、以便日后供能的方式,对吧?
Triglycerides are how your body is able to store fatty acids and fat and use them for later, you know, energy, right?
所以它们一直在分解并利用这些物质。
So, they're constantly breaking them down and using them.
它们在利用这些脂肪酸。
They're using these fatty acids.
但通常当你进食后,体内的葡萄糖水平会上升,对吧?
But typically what happens in your body when you eat a meal, you have your glucose levels go up, right?
你的血糖升高,葡萄糖水平上升,这会向体内的胰腺发出信号,促使它分泌胰岛素。
Your blood sugar elevates, your glucose levels go up, And that signals to the pancreas in your body to make insulin.
胰岛素是一种在许多过程中发挥作用的激素。
Insulin is this hormone that plays a role in many things.
其中之一是向身体的不同部位发出指令,让它们吸收葡萄糖,比如肝脏、肌肉和脂肪组织。
One of it is to tell different parts of the body to take glucose up, like your liver, your muscle, your adipose tissue.
但问题是,这种内脏脂肪一直在产生游离脂肪酸。
Well, the problem is, is this visceral fat is constantly making those free fatty acids.
因此,这些脂肪酸对胰岛素没有反应。
And so, those fatty acids, it doesn't respond.
我们称之为,这种脂肪虽然不是真正的器官,但它对胰岛素不敏感。
This we call it it's not really an organ, but this type of fat doesn't respond to insulin.
而皮下脂肪则会停止分解脂肪并利用脂肪作为能量来源。
So, whereas the subcutaneous fat will stop breaking down fat and using fat as energy.
它会说:好吧,我这里有能量了。
It says, Okay, look, I have energy here.
我得想办法处理掉这些能量。
I got to do something with this energy.
让我把它储存起来以后用,对吧?
Let me store it for later use, right?
但内脏脂肪不会这样。
Well, that doesn't happen with visceral fat.
实际情况是,它一直在持续、持续、持续地运作。
What happens is it just keeps going, keeps going, keeps going.
当内脏脂肪像这样具有代谢活性时,它实际上会阻碍胰岛素发挥正常作用。
What happens is when your visceral fat is metabolically active like that, it is basically making it where insulin can't work its job.
因此,葡萄糖无法进入你的肝脏。
And so what happens is that glucose can't go into your liver.
它只能留在你的血液系统里。
It stays in your blood system.
你其实希望它被储存在肝脏里,对吧?
And you really want it to be stored in your liver, right?
你希望它以糖原的形式储存在肝脏中,以便在禁食、身体活动或需要能量时使用,对吧?
You want it to be stored in your liver as glycogen to be used as energy when you're fasting or when you're, you know, physically active or whenever you need it, right?
肌肉中也是同样的道理,储存为糖原,或者储存在脂肪组织中。
Also in your muscle, same thing, stored as glycogen, or stored in your adipose tissue.
但这些都不会发生,因为胰岛素无法有效作用于你的器官。
And so, none of that happens because insulin, it's not able to basically act on your organs.
没有信号。
There's no signal.
所以,没人接到电话说:‘该把葡萄糖吸收进来了。’
So, nobody's getting the phone call, Hey, time to take the glucose up.
这种情况不会发生,对吧?
It's not happening, right?
于是葡萄糖就滞留在那里。
So, the glucose sits around.
所以,你的身体会慌乱,因为葡萄糖长时间滞留在血液中并不好。
So, what happens is your body freaks out because it's not good to have glucose sitting around in your bloodstream for a while.
这会造成很多伤害,对吧?
It causes a lot of damage, right?
所以,你的身体会分泌更多的胰岛素来试图过度补偿。
And so, what happens is your body makes even more insulin to try to overcompensate.
你的身体会想:也许刚才的胰岛素还不够,因为葡萄糖没有像应该的那样进入肝脏等器官,那我再分泌一些吧。
Your body goes, Oh, maybe that wasn't enough insulin because, you know, the glucose isn't coming into the organs like the liver like it's supposed to, so let me put some more out.
对于不了解的人来说,胰岛素就像一位出租车司机,去接葡萄糖并送它回家。
And for anyone that doesn't know, insulin is kind of like the taxi driver that goes and picks up the glucose and takes it home.
没错,就是这样。
To the Right, exactly.
它把葡萄糖送回家。
It's taking it home.
它把葡萄糖送回肝脏。
It's taking it back to the liver.
当你分泌更多胰岛素时,你会过度补偿,导致葡萄糖确实被大量摄入肝脏等其他器官,以至于你的血糖水平急剧下降,出现低血糖。
And so what happens when you make more insulin, you're overcompensating in such a way that now glucose really does get taken up into these other organs, like the liver, And so much so that it causes your blood glucose levels to go down, and you're crashing.
突然间,这就能解释为什么有些人吃了饭后会出现胰岛素抵抗。
And all of a sudden, this is responsible for that, you know, people that eat a meal, and they're kind of insulin resistant.
他们吃了一顿饭,结果一小时后突然感到虚弱。
They eat a meal, and then all of a sudden they're crashing an hour later.
为什么我会一点力气都没有?
Like, why do I have no energy?
为什么我会饿?
Why am I hungry?
对吧?
Right?
因为当你血糖崩溃后,血糖水平会下降。
Because after you crash, your blood glucose levels go down.
我所说的崩溃就是这个意思。
That's what I mean by crashing.
降到非常低,不是正常水平,而是低于正常水平。
Really far down, not normal levels, but like below that.
所以你的身体试图过度补偿,想着:我饿了。
And so then your body tries to overcompensate by going, Oh, I'm hungry.
我需要吃东西。
I need to eat.
于是你开始对高能量食物产生渴望。
And so you start to have these cravings for like energy dense foods.
而这正是胰岛素抵抗初期的循环的一部分。
And that's part of this cycle of the beginnings of insulin resistance.
因此,当我谈到内脏脂肪时,它会导致胰岛素抵抗。
And so, when I'm talking about here with visceral fat, it causes insulin resistance.
这基本上就是这里的关键要点。
And that's essentially the take home here.
由于它持续代谢脂肪酸,阻碍了那辆‘出租车’去运载葡萄糖。
By its constantly metabolizing fatty acids, it's stopping that taxi car from going and getting the glucose.
这种情况并没有发生。
It's not happening.
它没有做出反应。
It's not responding.
你根本叫不到司机,对吧?
You're not picking up the driver, right?
于是,你就出现了胰岛素抵抗。
And so, you become insulin resistant.
这会带来很多问题。
And that has a lot of problems.
第一,它会影响你的即时能量水平。
One, it's going to affect your immediate energy levels.
它会影响你的感受。
It's going to affect the way you're feeling.
第二,它会让你更容易患上二型糖尿病,因为最终你的身体将无法产生足够的胰岛素来将葡萄糖转运进来。
And two, it's going to make you more likely to become type two diabetic because eventually your body won't be able to produce enough insulin to bring the glucose in.
于是,你就变成了二型糖尿病患者。
And so then you become type two diabetic.
因此,这种内脏脂肪加上脂肪产生的炎症分子,会带来严重的后果。
So, that is a big consequence of having this visceral fat in addition to those inflammatory molecules that are being generated from this fat.
它只是代谢上极其活跃。
It's just so metabolically active.
你产生的这种炎症不仅会将癌症风险提高百分之四十四,还会让你感到疲倦。
And that inflammation that you're generating not only does things like raise your cancer risk by forty four percent, it also makes you tired.
它会导致脑雾和乏力。
It gives you brain fog, lethargy.
当你的免疫系统因这种炎症被激活时,你会从大脑中抽取能量。
When your immune system is being activated by this inflammation, you're taking energy away from your brain.
激活免疫系统需要消耗大量能量。
It's a lot of energy to activate your immune system.
天啊。
It's like, woah.
是的。
Yeah.
所以这些能量现在被用错了地方。
So that energy is now going to the wrong place.
它没有流向你的大脑。
It's not going to your brain.
所以你会感觉自己的认知能力没有那么敏锐,
So you can feel you won't feel cognitively as sharp and
确实不会。
Absolutely won't.
想想当你感染生病的时候。
Just think about when you're when you're when you have an infection.
你的免疫系统非常活跃。
Your immune system's very active.
你正在对抗病原体,对吧?
You're fighting off a pathogen, right?
你是感觉疲倦,还是感觉认知能力达到巅峰?
Do you feel like you're tired, or do you feel like you're cognitively at your peak?
是的,我通常会连续几天都提不起劲。
Yeah, I'm like, I'm out of action for several days usually.
没错,你会感到疲惫,大脑也无法正常运转。
Right, you're tired and your brain isn't working.
其中一部分原因在于,你的免疫系统激活时会消耗大量本应供给大脑的能量。
And part of that reason is because your activation of your immune system is sucking energy away from your brain.
另一个原因是,炎症反应产生的物质会进入大脑,干扰神经递质等功能。
And the other reason is because the inflammation being generated gets into the brain and disrupts neurotransmitters and things like that.
所以,这简直是双重打击。
So, it's like a double whammy.
你的大脑无法正常运作。
Your brain isn't working properly.
因此,有很多人整天都感到疲惫、乏力、头脑昏沉。
And so, there's a lot of people walking around constantly feeling tired, feeling lethargic, feeling brain fog.
他们可能体内 visceral fat 含量很高,却根本不知道。
And they might have a high amount of visceral fat and not even know it.
所以通常来说
So typically
从数据来看,人们的内脏脂肪太多了。
Looking at the data, I mean, people have too much visceral fat.
大多数人确实有过多的内脏脂肪。
Most people do have too much visceral fat.
通常,一个非常高的数值,我可以这么说,可以通过测量腰围来作为指标。
And typically, a really high amount is, I would say, a proxy for it would be measuring your waist circumference.
比如,女性腰围达到三十五英寸或以上,就是内脏脂肪过多的迹象。
So, like, if women have a waist circumference of thirty five inches or greater, that is a sign of too much visceral fat.
男性腰围达到四十英寸或以上,就是内脏脂肪过多的迹象。
If men have a waist circumference of 40 inches or more, that is a sign of too much visceral fat.
理想情况下,你应该去做一种叫做双能X光吸收法(DEXA)的扫描。
Ideally, you would go and get what's called a DEXA scan.
不过,这并不是常规检查项目,除非你特别注重细节,想要直接测量各项指标,否则不一定非做不可。
Now, this is not something that's routinely done, and it doesn't necessarily have to be done unless you're that person that really likes to go the extra mile and directly measure things.
是的
Mhmm.
这是另一种方法。
That would be another way to do it.
你最好把内脏脂肪控制在300克以下。
You really wanna have below 300, you know, grams of visceral fat.
理想情况下,越接近零越好。
Ideally, closer to zero, the better.
我和朋友去做了一次DEXA扫描。
Me and my friend went and got a DEXA scan done.
有趣的是,我比他重得多,体型也大得多。
And the remarkable thing is I weigh a lot more than him, and I'm much bigger than him.
他很瘦。
He's skinny.
但扫描结果显示,他体内内脏脂肪过多,我一直以为只有体型庞大或肥胖的人才会有多余的内脏脂肪。
But after the DEXA scan, they said that he had too much visceral fat, which I thought I thought you must be, like, big or obese to have visceral fat.
但他是个瘦子,DEXA扫描显示他的内脏脂肪过多。
But he's a skinny guy, and the DEXA scan said too much visceral fat.
是的,这就是关键。
Yes, that's the thing.
你知道吗,我在攻读研究生期间曾长期参与临床研究。
You know, I was involved in clinical research for many years when I was doing my postgraduate training.
我们研究的是代谢不健康的人群,有些人超重,有些甚至肥胖。
And we were looking at populations of people that were metabolically unhealthy, maybe overweight, obese in some cases.
但你会遇到一些人,他们看起来很瘦,外表上似乎代谢健康,因为他们并不超重。
And you would have someone come in that they looked skinny, they looked like they were metabolically healthy because they weren't overweight.
然而,他们的所有生物标志物数据却显示完全相反的情况。
And yet all of their biomarker data was showing the opposite.
比如,如果你给我看他们的代谢数据,我会说:‘哦,这明显是个超重或肥胖的人。’
Like they looked on paper, if you would have shown me their metabolic data, I would go, Oh, this is an overweight, obese person.
所以,确实存在一些身材瘦削但代谢不健康的人。
So, are lean but metabolically unhealthy people.
而其中很大一部分原因在于内脏脂肪的增加。
And a large percentage of that has to do with an increase in visceral fat.
你甚至不一定能察觉到自己的内脏脂肪正在增加。
You won't even necessarily know that you're getting higher amounts of visceral fat.
这种变化不一定能在体重秤上体现出来。
It's not necessarily going to be reflected on the scale.
你知道,你提到可能增加了一磅,或者再多一点。
You know, you mentioned maybe a pound, maybe a little bit more.
在某些情况下,这其实就是日常的正常波动,对吧?
That's like daily fluctuation in some cases, right?
我的意思是,我不确定你怎么样,但我肯定每天体重会波动一磅左右。
Like, I mean, I don't know about you, but like, I can fluctuate a pound from day to day for sure.
如果你说的是500克或更少,那也不会在体重秤上明显反映出来。
If you're talking about 500 grams or less, that's not going to be, you know, reflected on the scale either.
你可能会想:内脏脂肪?
You might be going, well, visceral fat?
是什么导致了内脏脂肪?
What's causing visceral fat?
我之前提到过年龄。
You know, I mentioned age.
这是一个重要因素。
That's a big one.
荷尔蒙也是一个关键因素。
Hormones is a big one.
女性在围绝经期和绝经期非常容易受到影响,因为雌激素实际上会指导身体如何储存能量,让它将能量和脂肪储存在皮下脂肪组织中,而不是内脏中。
Women are very susceptible as they go through perimenopause and menopause because estrogen actually helps tell the body how to store energy, and it tells it to store energy and fat in adipose tissue, not viscerally.
所以,当女性在围绝经期和绝经期雌激素水平开始下降时,她们会明显增加腹部脂肪。
So when your estrogen starts to go down during perimenopause and then menopause, women really start to gain a lot of this belly fat.
她们会积累大量内脏脂肪。
They gain a lot of the visceral fat.
睾酮也是如此,它并不会太多地指导身体如何储存脂肪。
Testosterone also, it doesn't tell the body how to store the fat so much.
它有助于燃烧内脏脂肪。
It helps you burn visceral fat.
所以男性在年轻时也稍微更有保护性。
So men are a little bit more protected when they're younger as well.
但随着年龄增长,睾酮水平也会下降,这会影响内脏脂肪。
But as they age, of course, testosterone goes down as well, and that affects the visceral fat.
但最主要影响内脏脂肪的还是我们的饮食和生活方式。
But mostly it's our diet and our lifestyle that's really affecting visceral fat.
你简直难以置信,内脏脂肪增长得有多快。
It's kind of mind blowing how quickly you can gain visceral fat.
比如,睡眠就是一个重要因素。
Like, sleep is a big one.
当你睡眠不足时,这会促使你开始积累脂肪。
When you miss sleep, that is something that can really you can start to restore.
你可以非常迅速地开始增加内脏脂肪。
You can start to gain visceral fat very quickly.
有一项研究针对健康的年轻男性。
There was a study in healthy young men.
这些男性被限制睡眠。
These men were sleep restricted.
通常在进行睡眠限制研究时,你每天只睡四个小时。
Typically, when sleep restriction studies are done, you're looking at four hours of sleep per night.
所以相当严重。
So pretty severe.
但并不罕见。
Not out of the ordinary.
我在大学和研究生阶段赶截止日期时,还有刚当父母时,都经历过很多次。
I did many of those college, graduate school deadlines, definitely as a new parent.
我的意思是,不幸的是,这种情况会持续数月。
I mean, it unfortunately drags on for months.
因此,这些男性连续两周每天只睡四个小时。
So these men were only sleeping four hours a night for two weeks.
好的,这些是健康的年轻男性,大学生年龄段。
Okay, these were healthy young men, college age students.
好的,年轻。
Okay, young.
在那两周之后,他们的内脏脂肪增加了11%,但体重秤上却没有增加一磅。
They gained 11% visceral fat after that two weeks, but not a pound on the scale.
但他们仅仅只是连续两周睡眠不足,内脏脂肪就增加了11%。
But they had 11% higher visceral fat after just, you know, two weeks of not getting enough sleep.
他们的体重没变?
And they weighed the same?
差不多。
Pretty much.
所以,是他们身体的成分发生了变化。
So, it was the composition of their body that's shifting.
是的。
Yes.
另外,内脏脂肪,正如我所说,你并不一定会因此增加大量的体重。
Also, the visceral fat, like I said, you're not gaining pounds and pounds and pounds of it necessarily.
你知道,你增加的是几克几克的脂肪,但这种变化确实在发生。
You know, you're gaining grams and grams, but like it's happening.
你开始增加的任何一点脂肪都是不健康的,对吧?
And any amount that you're starting to gain is unhealthy, right?
它会开始导致胰岛素抵抗。
It's going to start causing insulin resistance.
它会开始,你知道,引发脂肪肝。
It's going to start, you know, causing fatty liver.
这是它带来的另一个影响,因为脂肪堆积在肝脏周围。
That's another thing it does because it's around the liver.
基本上,肝脏不知道如何处理这么多脂肪,于是开始制造并储存这些脂肪。
Basically, the liver doesn't know what to do with all the fat, so it starts to make and store it around the fat.
因此,你开始出现非酒精性脂肪肝,而这种情况现在在年轻人中越来越普遍。
And so you start to get this nonalcoholic fatty liver, which is happening now in like young people.
所以睡眠是一个因素。
So sleep is one.
另一个非常重要的、我可以说是增加内脏脂肪的关键因素,就是你的饮食质量和数量。
Another major, major, I would say, lever for gaining visceral fat is your diet, quality, and quantity.
如果你长期处于热量过剩的状态,就可能开始积累内脏脂肪。
So if you start to be in a caloric excess constantly, you can start to gain visceral fat.
这一点在研究中也已经得到证实。
And that's also been shown in studies.
最近有一项研究,再次针对健康的年轻男性,每天额外给予约1200卡路里的热量。
So, there was a recent study that, again, was in healthy young men given about 1,200 extra calories a day.
这些热量主要来自超加工食品,对吧?
And it was mostly from ultra processed foods, right?
我的意思是,1200卡路里,就像一个巨无霸加可乐,或者巨无霸加薯条之类的。
I mean, they're 1,200 calories, so like Big Mac and a Coke, Big Mac and fries, whatever.
也就是说,你几乎每天多摄入了一餐。
You know, so you're talking about almost like an extra meal a day.
在五天内,他们被给予这些额外的热量摄入,来源都是加工食品和超加工食品。
And from processed foods, ultra processed foods, for five days, they were given, you know, this extra caloric intake.
五天后,他们开始堆积内脏脂肪。
After that five days, they started to gain visceral fat.
五天后,他们出现了脂肪肝的迹象,大脑也出现了胰岛素抵抗。
They started to have signs of fatty liver after five days, and their brains became insulin resistant.
这一点很重要。
And this is important.
是的。
Yes.
他们每天多摄入了多少卡路里?
How many calories were they having in excess?
1200到1500卡路里。
1,200 to 1,500.
多摄入?
In excess?
比他们平时吃的还要多,是的。
More than what they were usually going to eat, yes.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yes.
所以,很多人每天都在摄入过多的热量。
So, you know, it's a lot of people are eating caloric excess, you know, daily.
他们不运动,也没有能量消耗,却吃得多。
They're not exercising, and there's no energy expenditure, and they're eating more.
所以他们每天多摄入大约1200卡路里。
And so they're in, you know, 1,200.
现在,这是极端情况,对吧?
Now, this is the extreme end, right?
我给你举个极端的例子,因为这类研究通常都会这么做,目的是为了获得显著的结果。
I'm giving you an extreme end because that's what they do usually in studies like this because they want to get a significant result.
但五天后,他们的内脏脂肪开始增加。
But after five days, they were gaining visceral fat.
他们的大脑对胰岛素产生了抵抗。
Their brains became insulin resistant.
所以胰岛素对大脑也非常重要。
So insulin is also very important for the brain.
大脑在告诉身体如何储存脂肪和能量。
The brain is telling the body how to store the fat and how to store energy.
当胰岛素无法进入大脑并发挥作用时,大脑就无法正常指导身体如何储存这些能量,结果能量就以内脏脂肪的形式储存起来。
And when insulin's not able to get into the brain and have its action, then you start to not have the brain tell the body how to store this energy, and it ends up storing it viscerally.
这就像一种默认机制。
It's like this default.
你知道吗,把这两件事结合起来,我注意到对我表现影响最大的,就是这两者共同作用,尤其是在表达、认知能力和思考能力方面。
Do you know, putting those two things together, the thing I've noticed that impacts my performance the most as it relates to articulation, cognitive performance, my ability to think, is those two things coming together.
你提到了睡眠和饮食。
You talked about sleep and diet.
就是当我吃得晚的时候。
It's when I I eat late.
准确地说,是我睡觉前吃东西的时候。
Close it's when I eat close to sleep.
如果连续几晚都这样,我就感觉我的大脑不再正常工作了。
If I do that a couple of nights in a row, I feel like my brain no longer works.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
你知道,我们当然都得过日子,总有一些社交活动,和朋友出去吃晚饭或参加活动也很开心。
You know, obviously, we all have to, like, live our lives, there's social things, and it's fun to go out and have a dinner with your friends or an event.
对吧?
Right?
但睡前不到三小时吃一顿大餐并不是个好主意。
But it's not a good idea to eat a meal, a big meal, three hours before fewer than three hours before bed.
所以你希望在睡前三小时停止进食。
So you want to stop eating three hours before bed.
三小时确实是一个关键数字,在多项研究中都表明,当你进食时,会激活你的交感神经系统。
And three is really the magic number in multiple studies because when you eat a meal, it is activating your sympathetic nervous system.
对吧?
Right?
那就是战斗或逃跑反应。
That's the fight or flight response.
当你即将入睡时,你不希望这个系统处于活跃状态。
That's not what you want active when you're about to go to bed.
当你在睡前不久激活交感神经系统,比如在睡前一小时内进食,你正在消化食物,交感神经系统处于活跃状态。
When you're activating the sympathetic nervous system right before you're going to bed, let's say you eat a meal within an hour of bedtime, you're digesting all that, your sympathetic nervous system is active.
即使你在睡觉,睡眠质量也不好。
And even if you're sleeping, it's not good sleep.
这是一种碎片化的睡眠。
It's fragmented sleep.
所以,这种睡眠是被打断的,因为你需要让神经系统进入副交感神经主导的状态。
And so, it's disrupted sleep because you need to be in that parasympathetic part of, you know, the nervous system.
这种主导状态应该是副交感神经,也就是休息和恢复的状态。
That dominance needs to be parasympathetic, which is the rest, restore.
它被称为休息与消化。
It's called rest and digest.
但我并不喜欢‘消化’这个词,因为实际上消化过程会激活交感神经系统。
But I don't like digest because actually digesting is what activates the sympathetic nervous system.
所以,更准确地说,是恢复,对吧?
So it's like the recovery, right?
那我是不是得醒着三个小时?
So should I stay up then for three hours?
如果我半夜吃东西,是不是得熬到凌晨三点?
If eat at midnight, should I stay up till 3AM?
不用。
No.
不。
No.
你应该直接去睡觉,但不要每天都这样。
You should just go to bed, but don't do it on a daily basis.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,关键是习惯。
I mean, the key is the habit.
就是习惯。
You know, the habit.
所以如果你睡前需要吃点东西,应该选择轻便的食物,比如用杏仁奶做的蛋白奶昔,别吃太重的东西。
And so if you need to eat something before bed, you should do something that's light, maybe a protein shake with some almond milk, you know, something that's not super heavy.
我听过你谈论纤维。
I've heard you talk about fiber.
抗性淀粉似乎能有效改善睡眠。
Resistant starch does interestingly seem to help improve sleep.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
所以,你知道的,也许吃点米饭或者土豆,一点点米饭或者土豆。
And so, you know, maybe some rice or a potato, a little bit of rice or a potato.
或者炸薯条之类的。
Some fries or something.
也许别吃炸土豆。
Maybe not a fried potato.
烤土豆,然后放凉,因为那样就变成了抗性淀粉,对吧?
Baked potato and then cool it because then it's resistant starch, right?
因为这对你的肠道菌群有好处。
Because then it's good for your gut microbiome.
为什么?
Why?
它会改变纤维的组成。
It changes the composition of the fiber.
你可以煮好它,让它冷却,然后如果想吃热的,再加热一遍,只要它经过了冷却过程就行。
And you can cook it, let it cool, and then heat it again if you like to eat it heated, as long as it went through a cooling part.
哇。
Wow.
然后你就可以吃了。
And then you can eat it.
但那是抗性淀粉。
But that's resistant starch.
抗性淀粉也存在于青香蕉中,对肠道非常有益,而且有趣的是,还有助于改善睡眠。
Resistant starch is also in green bananas, very beneficial for the gut and also interestingly for improving sleep.
所以,真正导致内脏脂肪增加的因素基本上是热量摄入过多,尤其是来自精制的高脂肪、高糖食物,再加上睡眠不足,这些都会加剧这个问题。
So, things that are really moving the needle to make you gain visceral fat are basically being in a caloric excess, especially from refined high fat, high sugar foods, and then not getting enough sleep, move the needle.
慢性压力会放大这种影响。
Chronic stress is an amplifier of it.
如果你长期处于皮质醇水平升高的状态,身体就无法正常储存能量,反而会更多地以内脏脂肪的形式储存。
So, if you're constantly having cortisol, that's kind of stopping the body from storing energy right the right way, and it's going viscerally as well.
我认为,如果同时存在热量过剩且缺乏运动的情况,这种影响会被进一步放大。
I would say that amplifies, especially if it's like in the context of being in a caloric excess and not exercising.
酒精是另一个因素。
Alcohol is another one.
如果你过量饮酒,你摄入的大部分能量都会以内脏脂肪的形式储存起来。
If you drink if you're excessively consuming alcohol, you're going to store a lot of the energy that you're also consuming is going to be stored visceral.
我的意思是,你见过啤酒肚吧?
I mean, you've seen the beer belly, right?
我的意思是,这确实是个普遍现象。
I mean, that's like a thing.
这是内脏脂肪。
It's visceral fat.
不是啤酒本身。
It's not beer.
这是内脏脂肪。
It's visceral fat.
所以酒精是另一个因素。
So alcohol is another one.
关于减少内脏脂肪,好消息是,你可以很容易且迅速地减掉它。
In terms of losing visceral fat, I mean, the good news is, is that you can lose it quite easily and quite rapidly.
我本来想说,当父母真不容易,因为你刚才提到的那些因素,比如睡眠和压力。
I was gonna say parents have a hard time because you were naming those things about, like, sleep and stress.
我在想,天啊,当父母的人真是从各个方面都受到冲击。
And I was thinking, gosh, parents have like a have it coming from them from all sides.
确实如此。
They do.
但你看,这就是好消息所在,因为睡眠不足导致你增加内脏脂肪的部分原因,是它让身体变得胰岛素抵抗。
But see, this is where the good news comes in because, you know, part of the reason why sleep causing you to gain more visceral sleep loss is causing you to gain visceral fat is because it's causing your body to become insulin resistant.
这就像一个恶性循环。
It's like this vicious cycle.
内脏脂肪导致胰岛素抵抗,胰岛素抵抗又导致更多内脏脂肪,对吧?
Visceral fat causes insulin resistance insulin resistance causes more visceral fat, right?
这就是为什么一旦陷入这个循环,情况就会失控,对吧?
And that's why once you get into that cycle, it just spirals out of control, right?
你会越来越胖。
And you start to gain more and more and more.
那么,胰岛素抵抗是什么?
So, insulin resistance, what is that?
是指你的身体不再产生胰岛素了吗?
That is when your body no longer produces insulin or?
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
胰岛素抵抗是指你的身体对胰岛素不再敏感。
Insulin resistance is when your body is no longer responding to insulin.
这就像是你在等电话响,电话其实响了,但你听不见,对吧?
So, it's like you're waiting for the phone to ring, and it's ringing, but you can't hear it, right?
就像你接收不到信号一样。
Like, you're not getting the signal.
所以,你的细胞对身体产生的胰岛素不再作出反应。
And so, your cells are not responding to the insulin that's made.
胰岛素确实帮助你的身体将葡萄糖移出血液,对吧?
Insulin is really helping your body move the glucose out, right?
把葡萄糖从血液中移出,因为如果它长时间滞留在血液里,会造成很大伤害。
Move it out of your bloodstream, where it can cause a lot of damage if it sits around.
如果你给胰岛素系统施加太大压力,它就会逐渐停止工作。
And if you put too much pressure on the insulin system, then it kind of shuts down.
最终会完全停止工作。
Eventually shuts down.
造成过大压力的原因是摄入过多葡萄糖,还是活动过多?
And the thing that puts too much pressure is consuming too much glucose or too much activity?
过多的葡萄糖,尤其是精制葡萄糖,会导致这种情况。
Too much glucose, refined glucose, can do that.
内脏脂肪是导致胰岛素抵抗的主要原因之一。
Visceral fat is one of the, I would say, bigger causes of insulin.
这实际上是胰岛素抵抗的主要原因之一。
It's actually one of the major, major causes of insulin resistance.
因为如果你身体活跃并且摄入大量葡萄糖,这些葡萄糖会进入你的肌肉。
Because if you are physically active and eating a lot of glucose, that glucose is going to your muscles.
体育活动会使你的肌肉对葡萄糖非常敏感,而无需依赖胰岛素。
Physical activity makes your muscles very responsive to glucose without needing insulin.
在运动时,负责转运葡萄糖的转运蛋白会变得极其敏感。
The transporters that transport glucose are super, super responsive when you exercise.
这就是为什么体育活动——这也是我之前对家长们强调的——如此重要。
This is why physical activity, and this is what I was getting at with parents, is so important.
内脏脂肪才是导致胰岛素抵抗的真正关键因素。
The visceral fat is the really big, like, with insulin resistance.
而这一点,人们往往根本不知道。
And this is the thing that, again, it's like people don't even know about it.
很多人只关注葡萄糖,想着:‘我得注意我的血糖。’
A lot of people are thinking about glucose, and, Oh, I got to watch my glucose.
这都没问题。
And that's all fine.
我的意思是,某种程度上,这也在起作用。
I mean, yes, to some degree, that's also playing a role.
但真正导致你产生胰岛素抵抗的根本问题在于内脏脂肪。
But it's the visceral fat that's the real underlying problem that's causing you to become insulin resistant.
你提到父母们处境糟糕,因为他们压力大、睡眠不足。
You mentioned parents have it like bad because they're stressed out and they don't get sleep.
当我成为新妈妈时,我一直在佩戴连续血糖监测仪。
I was wearing a continuous glucose monitor when I became a new mother.
我对我的空腹血糖和餐后血糖水平感到震惊。
I was appalled by my fasting blood glucose and by my postprandial blood glucose levels.
餐后?
Postprandial?
餐后指的是饭后。
Postprandial means after a meal.
好的。
Okay.
所以,你吃完饭后血糖水平明显比早上空腹时高得多。
So, your levels go obviously much higher after you eat a meal versus in the morning when you haven't had anything to eat.
我的血糖水平高得离谱,都已经处于糖尿病前期了。
And my levels were so high, I was prediabetic.
我当时简直不敢相信。
And I was just, I couldn't believe it.
我可不是在喝可乐或者吃那些糟糕的食物,对吧?
It's not like I'm eating, you know, drinking Cokes and eating terrible, right?
但在那段时间里,我的身体活动量减少了,尤其是在头几个月。
But there was a period of time when I'm not as physically active, particularly in the first couple of months.
那时候你真的就像躲进了一个洞里一样。
It's really, you know, that's the time when you're kind of just in this cave.
我立刻查阅了科学文献,发现高强度间歇训练和运动几乎可以抵消导致胰岛素抵抗和血糖调节异常的大部分不良影响。
I immediately was looking into the scientific literature and found that high intensity interval training and exercise can help almost negate most of those poor effects of causing insulin resistance and causing your glucose regulation to not be normal.
这对新手父母来说是个好消息,你们应该优先安排锻炼。
That's the good news for parents is that you should prioritize, new parents should prioritize exercise.
锻炼确实能帮助你减少内脏脂肪。
And exercise does cause you to lose visceral fat.
并不是任何类型的锻炼都有效,真正有效的是有氧运动。
It's not just any type of exercise, really has to be aerobic.
强度越高,效果越好。
And the more vigorous, the better.
所以,对于不了解什么是有氧运动和高强度运动的人,能解释一下吗?
So, for people that don't know what that means, aerobic and vigorous.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,力量训练和举重对减少内脏脂肪的作用其实不大。
So, what I mean is resistance training and lifting weights don't really move the needle in terms of helping you lose visceral fat.
但它确实有助于提升你的新陈代谢。
It does help you improve your metabolism.
它确实有助于改善葡萄糖敏感性,你知道的,因为你的肌肉会更有效地吸收葡萄糖。
It does help with like glucose, you know, sensitivity and all that, like, because your muscles are going to be more sensitive to take the glucose in.
但如果你想减掉内脏脂肪,你就得跑步、慢跑、骑车或游泳。
But if you want to lose visceral fat, you're going to have to do running, jogging, cycling, swimming.
你需要让心率稍微提高一点。
You want to like get your heart rate up a little more.
为什么?
Why?
这是能量消耗的问题。
It's energy expenditure.
它有助于你实现更大的热量赤字,这样更好。
It plays a role in getting you to that more caloric deficit, and that's better.
所以这是一种方法。
So that's one way.
另一点是任何减重计划。
And the other thing is any weight loss program.
所以,间歇性禁食、热量限制,甚至GLP-1受体激动剂以及所有类型的GLP-1药物,任何能让你减重、减脂的东西,内脏脂肪都是最先减少的。
So intermittent fasting, caloric restriction, you know, even GLP-one receptor agonists and all the classes of GLP-one, anything that is going to make you lose weight, lose fat, visceral fat's one of the first to go.
事实上,无论是进行减重计划还是运动训练计划的人,内脏脂肪都是最先消失的脂肪。
And in fact, people on these weight loss programs or even on exercise training program, visceral fat's the first fat to go.
所以你可以很快地减掉它。
And so you can lose it quite quickly.
关于禁食这一点,你支持通过禁食来对抗内脏脂肪吗?
So on this point of fasting, are you a fan of fasting to combat visceral fat?
另外,你对生酮状态与内脏脂肪的关系有什么看法?
And also, could you give me your thoughts on being in a ketogenic state as it relates to visceral fat?
是的。
Yeah.
当人们想到间歇性禁食时,往往只把它和减重联系在一起。
People, when they think about intermittent fasting, they kind of think about, you know, one thing and they think about weight loss.
对吧?
Right?
但这里涉及很多内容。
But there's a lot going on here.
我很高兴你提到处于生酮状态,因为这也会引发一种代谢转换。
And I like that you mentioned being in a ketogenic state because there's also a metabolic switch that happens.
这种代谢转换是从燃烧碳水化合物和葡萄糖转变为燃烧脂肪酸并进入生酮状态,对吧?
This metabolic switch from burning carbohydrates and glucose to burning fatty acids and getting in ketosis, right?
这是一种代谢转换,非常重要。
That's a metabolic switch, and it's very important.
这里正在发生两件不同的事情。
There are two different things happening here.
但间歇性禁食本质上是一种很好的工具,人们可以用它来减少热量摄入,而无需计算卡路里。
But intermittent fasting is essentially a good tool that people can use to reduce their calorie intake without having to count their calories.
这就是我喜欢它的原因。
That's why I like it.
你可以通过计算卡路里并减少摄入量来减重。
You can lose weight by counting your calories and reducing your calorie intake.
我个人觉得这太麻烦了。
I personally think that's a lot of work.
有些人喜欢这么做,这很好。
Some people love doing it, and that's great.
我认为只要对个人有效就行。
I think whatever works for a person.
但间歇性禁食帮助人们减少内脏脂肪的方式是通过减少热量摄入。
But the way in which intermittent fasting helps people lose visceral fat is by reducing calorie intake.
这正是我想表达的。
That's what I'm getting at.
它就像一种工具,有些人喜欢用,比如我,因为我可以跳过一餐,同时确保我吃下的餐食中摄入足够的营养和蛋白质。
It's like a tool that some people like to use because I like it, for one, because I can not think I'll skip one meal, making sure I get enough nutrients in the meals that I eat and protein in the meals I eat.
我会跳过一餐,这样就能自然地制造热量缺口,而无需去思考和计算每一样食物。
But I'll skip a meal, and it gets me in a caloric deficit without having to think about and count everything.
所以对我来说更轻松。
So it's easier on me.
禁食?
To fast?
禁食 vs. 计算卡路里。
To fast versus counting calories.
那你怎么做呢?
And how do you do that?
你的方法是什么?
What's your So
我喜欢早上禁食。
I like to fast in the morning.
我之所以喜欢早上禁食,正是因为你提到的原因,也就是酮症,我更愿意称之为代谢转换。
And the reason I like to fast in the morning is for the exact reason you mentioned, and that is the ketosis, which I like to call the metabolic switch.
你睡觉的时候当然不吃东西。
You're not eating while you're sleeping, obviously.
如果你睡八小时,或者在床上待九到十小时,那这段时间你都是不吃东西的。
So, if you're sleeping for eight, if you're in bed for nine hour, ten hours, you're not eating during that time.
肝脏耗尽糖原大约需要十到十二小时。
And it takes about ten to twelve hours for your liver to deplete glycogen.
肝脏摄取的葡萄糖会以糖原的形式储存起来,以便在你没有能量摄入时,之后用作能量,对吧?
Glucose that's been taken up by the liver is stored as glycogen so that you can then use it for energy later if you don't have energy coming in, right?
所以,糖原就像加油站?
So, glycogen is like the petrol station?
是的。
Yes.
所以,它会耗尽,是的,
So, it runs out Yeah, of
没错。
that's right.
所以,它
So, it
会变成柴油。
takes It to diesel.
然后它就会切换到柴油模式。
And then it switches to diesel.
在那之后,当你在睡眠或禁食约十二小时后耗尽了肝糖原,就会发生这种代谢转换;顺便说一下,这都是相对的,因为它取决于你吃的食物类型以及你的身体活动水平。
And so, after that switch, that metabolic switch, when you deplete that glycogen while you're sleeping or while you're not eating after about twelve hours and by the way, this is all relative because it depends on the kind of foods you eat and how physically active you are.
所以,如果你吃很多高碳水化合物、精制糖类的食物,你可能需要更长时间才能耗尽肝糖原,因为你不断输入大量能量。
So, if you eat a lot of high carbohydrate refined sugar stuff, you might take even longer to deplete your glycogen because you're putting a lot of input in there.
你一直在给油箱加油,对吧?
You keep filling up the fuel tank, right?
但如果你吃的是低碳食物,你可能会更快耗尽肝糖原。
But if you're eating things that are more low carb, you might deplete your glycogen sooner.
当你耗尽肝糖原时,就会进入这种代谢转换,因为你的身体仍然需要能量,但周围已经没有葡萄糖了,对吧?
So, when you deplete your glycogen, you get into this metabolic switch because your body still needs energy, but there's no glucose around, right?
所以,你会开始转向动员脂肪酸。
So, you start to switch to, you know, your fatty acids are mobilized.
它们会从你的脂肪组织中释放出来。
They come out of your adipose tissue.
这就是人们减脂的原因。
This is why people lose fat.
它们来自内脏脂肪。
They come out of the visceral fat.
你开始利用这些脂肪酸并将其燃烧为能量。
You start to use those fatty acids and burn them as energy.
作为这种能量的产物,你会产生酮体,进入酮症状态。
And as a product of that energy, you're making ketones, ketosis.
我之所以喜欢在早上这样做,是因为这样我能更好地进入酮症状态;如果我禁食,我通常每天禁食约十六小时,然后在八小时内吃完一天的餐食。
And the reason I like to do this in the morning is because then I can really get into that ketotic state where if I'm fasting, I do it typically, I fast for about sixteen hours a day, and then I eat my meals within eight hours a day.
通常我都是这样做的。
Typically, that's what I do.
我喜欢处于这种代谢转换状态的原因有很多。
The reason I like to be in that metabolic switch state is many reasons, actually.
首先,酮体本身为我的大脑提供了能量,这是一种非常容易利用的能量,同时它们还作为信号分子向大脑传递信息:嘿,这是一个压力时期。
One, the ketones themselves are providing my brain with energy, very easily utilizable energy, but they're also acting as a signaling molecule to my brain going, Hey, this is a stressful time.
没有食物。
There's no food.
你必须保持思维敏锐。
You better be cognitively sharp.
你得找到食物。
You got to find that food.
你得清楚自己在做什么,对吧?
You got to like know what you're doing, right?
这是一种进化适应。
It's an evolutionary adaptation.
你知道吗,几千年来,人类一直在经历这种代谢转换,因为我们没有Instacart,没有Postmates,也没有Uber Eats,对吧?
You know, humans for thousands of years were going through this metabolic switch because we didn't have Instacart, didn't have Postmates, we didn't have Uber Eats, right?
我们得自己找食物。
We had to find our food.
我们得去狩猎食物。
We had to hunt our food.
而且我们也不是总这么做,对吧?
And we didn't always do that, right?
所以当我进入那种代谢切换状态时,我能感觉到。
And so when I get into that metabolic switch state, I feel it.
我感觉认知更敏锐了,焦虑也减少了,这也是其中一部分,因为这些酮体还能帮助增加一种叫做GABA的物质。
I feel more cognitively sharp, and I feel less anxious, which is part of it, because those ketones also help increase something called GABA.
这是一种抑制性神经递质。
That's an inhibitory neurotransmitter.
你可以简单地把它理解为,它能让你感觉更平静。
It's essentially, you can just think of it as like it helps you feel calmer.
当我感到平静时,我的认知专注力就更强了,因为背景上的焦虑降低了,对吧?
When I feel calmer, I'm more cognitively focused because it's like the background anxiety is down, right?
就像你可以集中注意力了。
It's like you can focus.
所以我喜欢在早晨处于这种状态,因为那时我才能完成工作。
And so I love being in that state in the morning because that's when I get my work done.
我也喜欢处于这种代谢转换状态,这正是我除了减少热量摄入之外还喜欢禁食的原因,对吧?
I also like to be in that metabolic switch state, and this is why I like fasting in addition to, you know, the fewer calories I'm consuming, right?
你的身体必须处于空腹状态才能进行修复。
Your body has to be in that fasted state to repair.
如果你一直处在进食状态,进食状态对合成生长确实很重要。
If you're constantly in a fed state fed states are important for anabolic growth.
我们需要它来生长,对吧?
We need it to grow, right?
但修复状态也同样重要,因为生长伴随着损伤。
But the repair state is also very important because with the growth comes damage.
损伤会随之而来。
Damage comes along with that.
你需要修复这些损伤,因为损伤会加速衰老。
And you want to repair that damage because damage will accelerate aging.
所以我喜欢让自己和身体有足够的时间。
And so I like to be and give my body enough time.
我不希望一醒来就吃东西,那样的话,我只是稍微耗尽了肝糖原。
I don't want to just wake up and eat where it's like, Oh, I've only barely depleted my liver glycogen.
我根本没在修复状态待多久,对吧?
I'm not even in that repair state very long, right?
我想让这个状态持续得更久一点。
I want to extend it a little bit.
所以我希望修复过程能够持续进行。
And so I like to have that repair process active.
禁食时修复过程会被激活,但即使在进食状态下,身体也仍有一定量的修复活动。
And that it is active during fasting activates it, but also you have some amount of active repair going on even when you're in a fed state.
只不过在禁食时,修复活动会更加强烈。
It's just heightened when you're fasted.
所以,这些就是我喜欢间歇性禁食的原因。
So, those are the reasons I like to be I like intermittent fasting.
我这么做时感觉很好。
I feel good when I do it.
我也进行很多训练,但不是全部。
I also do a lot of training, not all of it.
我很多训练都是空腹进行的。
I do a lot of training fasted.
有氧运动、耐力运动,比如跑步、骑车,这些我都喜欢空腹做。
Cardiovascular, aerobic, endurance, exercise, so running, biking, that stuff, I like to do fasted.
我不是去跑十英里。
I'm not going for a 10 mile run.
我只是跑三英里。
I'm going for a three mile run.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,如果我要跑十英里,我就不会空腹了。
I mean, this is so if I was going for a 10 mile run, I wouldn't be fasted.
我会需要一些能量补给。
I would need some fuel.
但有一些研究,多项研究显示,如果你进行有氧耐力训练,比如跑步、骑车、游泳这类运动,空腹状态下的适应效果实际上比饱腹状态下更好。
But there are studies, multiple studies showing that if you do aerobic endurance training, this kind of running, cycling, swimming type of training, you actually have better adaptations if you're fasted versus fed.
那这意味着什么?
What does that mean?
所以,运动的大部分益处,对,有氧运动,当你呼吸急促、努力锻炼时,来自于你的努力本身,但你的身体会对这种努力做出反应,对吧?
So, much of the benefit from exercise, right, aerobic exercise, when you're breathing in, you're working hard, is from the working hard, but your body responds to that, right?
因为努力锻炼会引发炎症。
Because the working hard is causing inflammation.
它还会造成氧化损伤。
It's causing oxidative damage.
而你的身体对此的反应是:‘我们得在这方面变得更强才行。’
And your body is responding to that by going, Oh, we got to get better at this stuff.
因此,你的抗炎通路会被激活。
So, you have anti inflammatory pathways activated.
你的抗氧化通路也会被激活。
You have antioxidant pathways activated.
你的身体需要燃烧脂肪,你需要能量。
Your body needs to burn fat, you need fuel.
所以如果你处于空腹状态,你会更擅长燃烧和氧化脂肪,并且全天都能更好地持续这一过程。
And so if you're fasted, you get better at burning the fat and oxidizing the fat, and you continue to do that throughout the day better as well.
因此,你会产生更好的线粒体适应性变化。
So, you have what are called mitochondrial adaptations that are better.
你会产生更多的线粒体。
You make more mitochondria.
线粒体是我们大多数细胞内非常重要的微小细胞器,负责产生能量。
Mitochondria are very important little tiny organelles inside of most of our cells that make energy.
它们对所有生理功能都至关重要。
And they're very important for everything.
我的意思是,它们现在正驱动着我们的大脑让我们能说话,驱动我们的心脏让我们能呼吸,驱动我们的肺部,所有的一切,对吧?
I mean, they're running our brains right now so we can talk, our heart, you know, so we can breathe, our lungs, everything, right?
因此,运动确实能增加你体内新生成的年轻、健康线粒体的数量。
And so exercise does make you increase the amount of those new mitochondria that you make that are young and healthy.
如果你处于空腹状态。
If you're fasted.
两者都是,即使你不是空腹。
Both, even if you're not.
但如果你空腹,效果会更好。
But if you're fasted, it's even better.
关于这一点是否适用于男性和女性,一直存在很大争议。
This has been a big debate around whether this applies to both men and women.
男性和女性都应该空腹锻炼吗?
Should both men and women exercise fasted?
这是我对于文献的解读,以及我结合研究过男性与女性对运动反应的专家观点得出的看法。
This is my read of the literature and my thoughts on this from also having experts that have studied male versus female responses to exercise.
首先,你空腹锻炼时感觉如何?
First and foremost, how do you feel when you exercise fasted?
如果你感觉很糟糕,那就是一个信号。
If you feel terrible, that's a sign.
我认为倾听自己的身体是最重要的事情。
I think listening to your body is the most important thing that you can do.
有时候我必须在运动前吃点东西,我会听从身体的信号。
There are times when I have to eat before I exercise, and I listen to my body.
就是这样。
That's it.
我要吃东西了。
I'm gonna eat.
关于女性和男性空腹运动的问题,还取决于你到底是在进行三十分钟的跑步?
When it comes to women versus men and doing exercise fasted, it also depends on, are you, again, are you doing a thirty minute run?
还是两小时的跑步?
Are you doing a two hour run?
如果你要跑两小时,那就需要补充能量。
If you're doing a two hour run, you need to fuel.
这可是很长的时间。
That's a lot.
这会带来很大的压力。
That's a big stress.
如果是三十分钟的跑步,其实并不一定需要进食。
When it comes to a thirty minute run, you don't really necessarily need to.
但女性的问题在于,如果你长期处于热量赤字状态,没有在运动后摄入足够的食物,没有充分补充能量,同时进行非常长时间、高强度的运动,就可能扰乱你的荷尔蒙,比如促卵泡激素和黄体生成素。
Now, the problem with women is that they're often if you're in too much of a caloric deficit and you don't eat enough food within, you know, like afterwards, you're not refueling enough, and you're doing very, very long, high volume types of exercise, then you can basically disrupt you know, some of your hormones, your follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone.
这些变化会让你出现闭经。
These things will make you become amenuretic.
也就是说,你会停止排卵,月经也会停止。
So, you basically stop ovulating, and you stop getting your menstrual period.
那从进化角度来说,这是为什么呢?
And what's the evolutionary reason for that?
这是怎么回事
What's going
因为你的身体会认为,周围的食物和能量不足以维持一个正在发育的胎儿。
Because on your body's like, there's not enough food and energy around to sustain a, you know, a growing fetus.
就像,她们
Like, they're
在成长,所以身体关闭了。
growing So it's shutting down.
所以本质上就是,嘿,我们不会让你怀孕。
So it's basically like, hey, we're not going to allow you to have a baby, basically.
所以你停止排卵。
So you stop you stop ovulating.
对吧?
Right?
所以你无法产生那些卵子。
So you can't you're not making you're not making those eggs.
经常是那些大量运动且不再来月经的女性出现这种情况吗?
Is this often the case with women who exercise a lot and and no longer have their menstrual cycle?
首先,这种情况并不常见。
First of all, this is not a common thing.
这种情况通常发生在运动员身上,尤其是那些饮食摄入不足的精英女性运动员。
This is like this is something that happens in, you know, like athletes, elite athlete women that are not eating enough food.
我年轻时二十出头的时候就做过这种事,那时候我参加马拉松,每天跑十英里,一周五天,跑八到十英里。
Like, I did this to myself when I was in my early 20s, and I racing marathons, and I was running 10 miles a day, you know, eight to 10 miles a day, five days a week.
然后我只吃胡萝卜和鹰嘴豆泥。
And then I was eating carrots and hummus.
你知道,我当时根本没有给身体提供足够的能量。
And, you know, I wasn't fueling myself.
我自己也这么做过。
And I did this to myself, too.
如果你空腹训练,感觉怎么样?
So, how do you feel if you train fasted?
你会觉得特别糟糕吗?
Do you feel terrible?
别这么做。
Don't do it.
如果你想要在空腹状态下训练,可以喝一杯蛋白粉加一点杏仁奶之类的东西,这样你没有吃一顿正餐,但至少摄入了一些东西。
If you want to train somewhat fasted, go for the protein shake with a little bit of almond milk or something like that, where you're not eating a full meal, but you're getting something.
所以我经常在空腹状态下训练,这对我很有帮助。
So, I do a lot of my training fasted, and that has helped me.
你知道,我今年47岁,正处于围绝经期。
You know, I'm 47 years old and perimenopause.
你的身材真是太棒了。
You're in phenomenal shape.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
但当我开始进入围绝经期时,我注意到自己必须更加积极地努力,多花点心思,才能避免腹部脂肪堆积,因为那里的脂肪已经开始出现了。
But I did notice, of course, as I started to reach that perimenopause part of my life, that I had to be a little bit more aggressive and put a little bit more effort in to not get this fat right here on my belly because it started coming up.
我不想要这些脂肪。
And I didn't want it.
我没有选择,这对我来说不是选项。
I didn't it wasn't it wasn't an option for me.
说到针对女性的研究,我过去曾提到过天鹅研究,这与你刚才说的有关,涉及女性和内脏脂肪,研究发现女性在最后一次月经前两年开始,内脏脂肪会加速增加。
Speaking of studies done for women, I've heard you talk in the past about the Swan study, which kind of relates to what you just said there, relating to women and visceral fat, and they found that women experience an accelerated increase in visceral fat starting two years before their final menstrual period.
是的,因为那时她们的雌激素水平正急剧下降,对吧?
Yeah, because that's when their estrogen is about, it's just, it's plummeting, right?
你就像从悬崖上掉下去一样,因为你即将进入更年期。
You're just going off a cliff because you're about to go into menopause.
那一般是多少岁呢?
Again, what age would that be?
女性绝经的平均年龄大约在50到52岁之间。
Average age of menopause is between 50, about 50, 52 for women.
很多因素都会影响你的生育寿命,或者说卵巢衰老,我想我们可以这么称呼。
A lot of that, there's a lot of things that can affect your reproductive lifespan, your ovarian aging, I guess we can call it.
不幸的是,其中一个因素就是你初潮时的年龄。
And unfortunately, one of them is you, the age you were when you got your menstrual period.
所以你来月经的年龄越小,你进入更年期的年龄也会越早。
So the younger you were, the younger you're going to be when you experience menopause.
因此,你母亲经历更年期的年龄也能很好地预示你何时会进入更年期。
So also when your mother experienced menopause is very indicative of when you're going to experience it.
但生活方式和饮食也有影响。
But lifestyle and diet play a role too.
肥胖会加速卵巢衰老。
Obesity accelerates ovarian aging.
因此,肥胖会让你更早进入更年期。
So, you're more likely to go into menopause earlier with obesity.
此外,我们接触的化学物质也会影响更年期年龄,这些内分泌干扰物会加速这一过程,我们也可以聊聊这些物质。
Also, chemicals that we're exposed to, and we can talk about those as well, a lot of these endocrine disrupting chemicals affect the age of menopause as well and accelerate that.
在某些情况下,女性会比原本预期的早两年进入更年期。
So in some cases, women go into menopause two years earlier than they would have otherwise.
那你现在是47岁。
And you're, so you're 47.
再加一半。
And a half.
再加一半。
And a half.
我这里看到的数据表明,当我们考虑围绝经期时,通常从四十多岁中期开始,而这正是你所处的年龄段。
And the data that I'm looking at here says when we think about perimenopause, it usually starts in mid forties, which is the age range you're in.
正是从这个阶段开始,每年内脏脂肪增加8%到10%。
This is where the eight to 10% annual visceral fat increase begins.
确实是。
It is.
我知道的。
I know yeah.
我可以告诉你,我身边一些经历这个阶段的女性,她们突然就出现了变化——你可能会发现身边一位女性正在经历围绝经期,但还没出现其他症状,因此还没寻求任何治疗。
I can tell you from people in my life that I've seen going through this, it's pretty sudden that you'll see someone in your life that's a woman that's going through perimenopause and maybe hasn't had any other symptoms yet, so they haven't really seek out any treatment.
你也可以尝试进行激素替代疗法来缓解这种情况,但她们会开始迅速增加内脏脂肪,并且很快在腹部显现出来。
Now you can try to do some hormone replacement therapy as well to help with that, but they start to gain visceral fat and it shows up around the belly quite rapidly.
我也在自己身上注意到了这一点。
And I noticed this in myself.
简直像是一夜之间发生的,真的。
It almost feels overnight, seriously.
这是我发现自己唯一的症状,突然间,我的肚子就开始变大了。
This is the only symptom that I noticed in myself where it was like all of a sudden, my belly was like growing.
而且,你知道的,也不是特别特别大,但大到让我觉得有点不对劲。
And, you know, not super, super large, but enough where I was like, there's something wrong.
即使你去做激素检测,也不一定反映出来,因为我的检测结果都正常。
Not It's even necessarily reflected if you get hormone tests because mine all seem normal.
关键是,雌激素下降时,这种激素对告诉身体以不同方式储存能量至关重要——不是储存在器官周围,而是储存在身体其他部位,比如大腿和臀部,对吧?
The thing is, is that the estrogen, when it drops, that estrogen is so important for telling your body to store energy differently, not around the organs, but to make it around, you know, other parts of your body, like your thighs and your butt, right?
比如你的脂肪组织。
Like your adipose tissue.
所以当雌激素下降时,就会突然间,脂肪全跑到肚子上了。
And so when that estrogen goes down and declines, it's like, boom, it starts to go right to the belly.
所以对我来说,间歇性禁食非常重要。
So that is why for me, intermittent fasting has been really important.
与任何减重或热量限制方案一样,你必须确保摄入足够的蛋白质,因为这对肌肉很重要,对吧?
Like with any weight loss or calorie restriction protocol, you do need to make sure you're getting enough protein because that's important for muscle, right?
肌肉增长和防止肌肉萎缩。
Muscle growth and preventing atrophy of your muscle.
你还需要进行力量训练。
And you need to also do resistance training.
力量训练也是对肌肉非常重要的信号,因为有些人在限制热量、减少进餐次数的同时,不仅蛋白质摄入不足,还不锻炼,结果除了脂肪外,肌肉也开始流失。
That also is a very important signal for muscle because the problem is some people calorie restrict and eat fewer meals, and then they're not getting enough protein, and they're not training, and they start to lose muscle in addition to fat.
你不希望这样。
And you don't want to do that.
你希望主要是减掉内脏脂肪,同时保持肌肉,最好还能继续增长肌肉。
You want to kind of just lose the visceral fat and keep the muscle, ideally keep gaining muscle.
对于男性来说,我读到过睾酮和生长激素通常在二十多岁末期达到峰值。
And for men, I was reading that testosterone and growth hormone typically peak in their late twenties.
所以我想我的峰值已经过了。
So I guess mine's peaked already.
从30岁开始,睾酮每年大约下降1%。
And starting at age 30, testosterone drops roughly 1% a year.
因此,在25岁到65岁之间,男性即使总体体重不变,内脏脂肪通常也会增加200%。
So between the age of 25 and 65, men typically see a 200% increase in their visceral fat, even if their total weight stays the same.
这和睾酮水平下降有关吗?
So is that linked to the testosterone decline?
是这个原因吗?
Is that what's going on there?
是什么导致了这种情况?
What's causing it?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,睾酮确实有助于燃烧脂肪,即使你在增加内脏脂肪,它也能帮助你消耗掉。
I mean, it's it testosterone does you burn even if you're gaining visceral fat, it helps you burn it.
这也是为什么一些处于围绝经期的女性会考虑使用睾酮,因为它能帮助她们燃烧内脏脂肪。
It's also why some women that are in perimenopause want to do testosterone because it helps them burn the visceral fat.
这也与睾酮水平下降有关。
So, is linked to testosterone decline as well.
但随着男性年龄增长,他们也变得越来越久坐不动。
But also as men are aging, they become more sedentary.
他们的饮食量通常会稍微增加。
They tend to eat a little bit.
他们摄入的热量更多了。
They're consuming more calorie.
所有这些因素都是相互关联的。
Like all these things are hand in hand.
所以,这并不是单一因素造成的,对吧?
So, it's not just like a one punch, right?
而是多个因素共同作用、叠加在一起的结果。
It's like multiple angles are kind of all compounding and coming together.
而当你年轻时,由于睾酮帮助你更快地燃烧脂肪,所以你还能勉强应付。
Whereas you could get away with it a little bit easier when you're younger because the testosterone is helping you burn it more.
当你体内的睾酮水平下降时,这种方式就不再有效了。
When you're declining, it doesn't work that same way.
所以,即使你在增加脂肪,也无法像以前那样快速燃烧掉。
So, even though you're gaining it, you're not burning it as quickly.
因此,你会开始出现脂肪净增加,这样说你能理解吗?
So you start to have a net gain in it, if that makes sense.
那么回到前面,我们之前讨论了降低内脏脂肪的方法。
So going back up to the top then, we were talking about things you can do to lower your visceral fat.
我们谈到了运动、睡眠和饮食。
And we talked a little bit about exercise, sleep, diet.
在这些方面还有其他建议吗?
Is there anything else in that category?
是的。
Yeah.
我认为这些是主要的几个。
I think those are the main ones.
显然,过量饮酒。
Obviously, excess alcohol consumption.
是的。
Yeah.
还有压力。
And also stress.
对。
Yeah,
我们之前谈过,是的。
we talked, yeah.
压力。
The stress.
比如,你知道的,尝试一些放松技巧来缓解压力。
Like, you know, trying to relaxation techniques, buffer that stress.
这是一个大问题。
That's a big one.
它是一个放大器。
It's an amplifier.
是的,人们很少谈论内脏脂肪。
Yeah, people don't talk enough about visceral fat.
知道,
Know,
不。
No.
你看,大多数人只想减重和看起来更好。
Look at other Well, most people just want to lose weight and look good.
是的。
Yeah.
或者,是的,他们会看糖化血红蛋白,也就是你的长期血糖水平,或者他们会看血脂。
Or, yeah, they look at, you know, HbA1c, your long term glucose, or they're looking at lipids.
内脏脂肪就是很隐蔽,对吧?
And visceral fat is just, it's insidious, right?
它只是在不断增长,增长,再增长。
It just starts increasing, increasing, increasing.
你根本看不到它。
You can't see it.
你直到突然间肚子变大了才能看到它,对吧?
You can't see it until all of a sudden belly, right?
我的意思是,这是脂肪,而且会影响你每天的感觉。
I mean, it's fat, and it affects the way you feel daily.
关于睾酮这一点,为什么男性的睾酮水平似乎在下降?
On this point of testosterone, why is it the case that testosterone seems to be dropping amongst men?
我记得我好像写下来过什么。
I think it said something like I wrote it down.
是的。
Yeah.
过去二十年间,男性的睾酮水平下降了高达20%
Testosterone levels in men have dropped by up to 20% over the last two decades,
这相当可怕。
which is quite terrifying.
确实如此。
It is.
所以,有很多因素会影响睾酮水平。
So look, there's a lot of factors that can affect testosterone.
我提到了饮食因素,比如精制糖。
I mentioned dietary factors, refined sugar.
睡眠是最重要的因素。
Sleep is the big one.
人们没有获得足够的睡眠。
People aren't getting enough sleep.
睡眠不足会降低睾酮水平。
Lack of sleep drops testosterone.
微量营养素,摄入不足。
Micronutrients, not getting enough.
比如锌。
Zinc, for example.
锌对睾酮合成非常重要。
Zinc's very important for testosterone synthesis.
还有镁。
And magnesium.
像这些是重要的营养成分。
Like, there's important nutrient components.
但我认为这里最主要的因素其实是环境因素。
But I think the big player here is actually environmental.
我认为我们正遭受所谓的内分泌干扰化学物质的侵袭。
I think that we are being bombarded with what are called endocrine disrupting chemicals.
这些是人造化学物质。
These are man made chemicals.
其中很多是塑料的组成部分。
A lot of them are part of plastic.
它们被设计用来让塑料更耐用、更坚固,或更具防水性。
They're made to help plastic be more durable or more robust, or water resistant.
因此,环境中可能主要有三种内分泌干扰化学物质,主要因为它们存在于塑料中,或存在于防水、防油、防火、阻燃的物品中。
So there's probably three main endocrine disrupting chemicals that are found in our environment, mainly because they're in plastic or they're also in things that are water resistant, oil resistant, fire resistant, flame retardant.
双酚A(BPA)就是其中之一。
BPA, bisphenol A is one.
另一种是邻苯二甲酸酯,P-H,邻苯二甲酸酯。
Another one is phthalates, pH, phthalates.
最后一个就是PFAS。
And the last one would be PFAS.
这些是永久性化学物质。
These are the forever chemicals.
这三种可以说是干扰内分泌功能的主要因素,内分泌指的是激素。
These are the three main, I would say, players in terms of disrupting endocrine function, endocrine being hormones.
性激素如睾酮、雌激素,还有甲状腺激素,对调节我们的新陈代谢非常重要。
Sex hormones like testosterone, estrogen, but also thyroid hormone, very important for regulating our metabolism, for example.
它们真的会造成问题吗?
Are they really causing a problem?
当然。
Absolutely.
真的吗?
Really?
当然。
Absolutely.
因为我正在看你那里展示的PFAS图片?
Because I'm looking at the picture you have there of PFAs?
PFAS。
PFAS.
PFAS。
PFAS.
上面还穿着外套和鞋子。
And it's got like a coat and shoes on there.
你是在说,我穿的衣服会影响我的荷尔蒙吗?
You're telling me my the clothes that I wear are having an impact on my hormones.
它们确实可能有影响,但我认为这不是直接的作用,而是间接的下游影响。
They can, but I think it's less of a direct effect and more downstream.
所以,PFAS化学物质,也就是所谓的永久性化学物质,被用于使物品具有防油、防污和防水的特性。
So, PFAS chemicals or the FOREVER chemicals, they're used in things to make them oil resistant, stain resistant, water resistant.
最典型的例子就是特氟龙锅。
So, the Teflon pans would be the biggest example.
你还记得那些不粘锅吗?
You remember those nonstick pans?
它们表面涂有含PFAS的特氟龙。
They have Teflon that has PFAS on it.
我们马上去你厨房看看。
We're going to go into my kitchen in a second.
所以我会带现在观看的所有观众去我的厨房。
So I'll take all of the viewers that are watching now into my kitchen.
我们来逛逛我的厨房。
We'll have a stroll around my kitchen.
如果你看到什么,告诉我。
You let me know if there's something.
天哪。
Oh gosh.
我希望你没有用特氟龙的锅。
I hope you don't have Teflon.
但我是从小看着我妈妈用的。
But I mean, my mom used it when I was growing up.
我记得那种不粘锅。
I remember the nonstick pans.
那些物质会脱落到你的食物里,所以你就在吃这些PFAS。
That stuff is coming off into your food, and so you're eating these PFAS.
我们怎么知道它们是有害的?
How do we know that they're dangerous?
好吧,我来告诉你我们是怎么知道的。
Okay, well, I'll tell you how we know.
比如,我们先说PFAS化学物质,它们主要影响甲状腺,还会导致卵巢衰老。
Like, let's start with so the PFAS chemicals are ones that are really they're more affecting the thyroid, and they're affecting, I would say, ovarian aging.
它们似乎特别针对卵巢,加速你进入更年期的年龄。
They seem to target the ovaries and accelerate the age that you're going to get menopause.
如果你体内这些永久性化学物质含量很高,你可能会提前一到两年进入更年期。
So, you're going to get it around one to two years earlier if you have a high amount of these forever chemicals.
但已经有很多研究,我们先从双酚A说起。
But there's been studies, a lot of studies looking at let's start with BPA.
好的,双酚A是个大问题,因为现在市面上很多产品都在宣传‘不含BPA’。
Okay, bisphenol A, that's a big one because you see a lot of marketing around BPA free.
这款塑料水瓶是不含BPA的。
This plastic water bottle is BPA free.
虽然它是不含BPA的,但它含有另一种叫做BPS的化学物质,这种物质与BPA非常相似,甚至可能更糟糕。
Well, it's BPA free, but it has another chemical called BPS, which is very similar, if not worse than BPA.
所以,BPA广泛存在于许多水瓶中。
So, BPA is something that is found in a lot of water bottles.
它就在这些塑料水瓶里。
It's in those plastic water bottles.
它还涂在纸杯内层,比如你在最喜欢的咖啡店买的那些外带咖啡杯。
It lines the cups of paper cups, like these to go coffee cups that you're getting at your favorite, you know, coffee place.
是的,杯子里有塑料涂层。
Plastic is lining them, yes.
塑料涂层是为了防止液体渗漏,对吧?
Plastic lines them because it's protecting it from the liquid, right?
BPA与多种疾病有关,但最重要的是,它是一种内分泌干扰物。
BPA has been linked to many different diseases, but really, really it's an endocrine disruptor.
它主要通过几种方式产生影响。
So what it does is a couple of things.
首先,BPA 会模拟雌激素的作用。
One, BPA acts as an estrogen mimetic.
所以,它会模仿雌激素,并与雌激素发挥作用的受体结合。
So, So it kind of mimics estrogen, and it binds to the receptors that estrogen do do its function.
因此,它有时会与雌激素结合,要么让人感觉体内有雌激素,要么阻止雌激素发挥作用。
And so, it sometimes binds to estrogen and either makes it seem like there's estrogen around, or it blocks estrogen from working.
所以,这取决于剂量和浓度,它两种作用都能产生。
So, it depends on the dose and the concentration, so it can do both.
但它也会与雄激素受体结合,而这些受体与睾酮相互作用,对吧?
But it also binds to androgen receptors that interact with testosterone, right?
已有研究发现,BPA 含量高的男性,其睾酮水平也较低。
And so, have been studies that have found that men that have high amounts of BPA also have low amounts of testosterone.
但也有针对青少年进行的研究。
But there was also a study done in teens.
这正是你性发育发生的阶段,对吧?
This is when, you know, your sexual development is happening, right?
在你人生的这个阶段,也就是青春期,睾酮非常重要。
Testosterone is very important during this part of your life, during puberty.
BPA含量最高的青少年男孩,其睾酮水平比BPA含量最低的男孩低50%。
Teens, adolescent boys that had the highest amount of BPA had 50% lower testosterone than men than the boys, sorry, that had the lowest amount of BPA.
对睾酮影响最大的是邻苯二甲酸盐。
The biggest one that's affecting testosterone is the phthalates.
这些邻苯二甲酸盐广泛存在于许多PVC管道中。
These phthalates, they are present in a lot of PVC piping.
它们也大量存在于我们的食品包装中,比如那些薄薄的塑料膜。
They're present in a lot of our food packaging, all those like thin art.
你去超市买一块菲力牛排,它被塑料包裹着,还有家禽类食品也是这样。
You go to the, you know, to the grocery store and you get a filet mignon steak, and it's wrapped in plastic, poultry.
这些塑料包装以及我们食用的食品中都含有邻苯二甲酸盐,用于增加柔韧性等。
That plastic wrapping and all the foods that we're eating has phthalates in them that make it more flexible and stuff.
它还存在于我们的护发产品、化妆品和面霜中。
And it's also found in our hair products, our cosmetic products, our creams.
而且它也非常易溶于脂质。
And it's also very lipid soluble.
它喜欢脂肪。
It likes fat.
它会被脂肪吸引。
It is drawn to fat.
所以,当塑料包裹着脂肪食物时,比如奶酪、肉类等,这些化学物质就会渗入肉类中。
So, when you have plastic around fat, like cheese, you know, things like that, meat, it's getting into that meat.
这些邻苯二甲酸盐也会渗入奶酪中。
It's getting into that cheese, the phthalates.
它们干扰激素的方式与BPA类似,既会与雄激素受体结合,也会进入睾丸,干扰睾酮的合成。
These disrupt our hormones in ways similar to BPA, so they're binding to the androgen receptor, but they're also going into the testes and disrupting the synthesis of testosterone.
有一项研究针对邻苯二甲酸盐水平最高的男性进行了调查。
So, was a study in men that had the highest phthalate levels.
这些男性的睾酮水平比邻苯二甲酸盐水平较低的男性低20%。
Those men had 20% lower testosterone compared to men with higher levels.
这确实不仅影响睾酮水平,还影响精子质量。
This is, yeah, and this is like it's affecting not only just the testosterone, but it's affecting sperm quality.
所以精子的形态不好。
So, the shape of the sperm wasn't good.
它还影响精子数量。
It's affecting the number.
如果体内BPA或邻苯二甲酸盐含量较高,精子数量就会减少。
So, count is down if they're higher BPA or higher phthalates.
还有活力,也就是游动能力。
And also motility, the ability to swim.
接触高浓度邻苯二甲酸盐的孕妇,如果怀的是男胎,研究显示这也会干扰性发育。
Pregnant women that get exposed to high levels of phthalates, and if they're carrying a male fetus, right, or they're having a boy, what's been shown is it's also affecting sexual development.
所以,男婴会出现一种叫做尿道下裂的情况。
So, boys, they're getting something called hypospadia.
就是阴茎上的裂口位置向后移,靠近女性的结构。
That's where like the slit on the penis is like moved backwards, kind of closer to like what a woman would have.
他们还出现睾丸未降的情况。
And they're getting undescended testicles.
所以其中一个睾丸没有下降,这与不育症有关,尤其是睾丸癌是最主要的风险。
So one of their testicles is not descending, and that's associated with, you know, infertility, cancer, testicular cancer being the big one.
这种情况正在以惊人的速度发生。
This is happening at an alarming rate.
比如,现在大约有百分之二十的男孩患有睾丸未降。
Like, something like twenty percent of boys now have an undescended testicle.
我的意思是,这太疯狂了。
I mean, it's crazy.
是因为他们的母亲接触了高剂量的邻苯二甲酸盐吗?
Because their mother had high phthalates?
这确实是环境中已知会导致这种情况的因素之一。
Well, this is definitely something that is known in our environment to cause that.
我不知道这是否是唯一的原因,但在我看来,这是一个非常令人担忧的原因,却没有人谈论它,而它应该被重视,因为它无处不在。
I don't know if that's the only cause, but it, in my opinion, is a very, very concerning cause that nobody is talking about and that should be addressed, and it's everywhere.
我们吃的所有食物的塑料包装里都有这种物质。
We have these in all of our plastic wrappers that we everything that we're eating.
你知道,连你买的肉也是这样。
You know, you even getting your meat.
你以为这只是肉,对吧?但它被塑料包裹着,邻苯二甲酸盐已经渗入食物中。
You think it's, well, it's meat, you know, but it's wrapped in plastic, and the phthalates are getting into the food.
所以它们进入了我们的身体。
So they're getting into our bodies.
它们干扰了荷尔蒙。
They're disrupting hormones.
它们干扰了性发育。
They're disrupting sexual development.
它们影响我们的卵巢、雌激素、卵巢衰老以及绝经年龄。
They're disrupting our ovaries, estrogen, ovarian aging, age of menopause.
它们干扰了甲状腺激素。
They're disrupting the thyroid hormones.
我的意思是,现在甚至有研究针对高BPA水平的孕妇。
I mean, there's even studies now with pregnant women that have high levels of BPA.
与BPA水平低的女性相比,她们生出自闭症谱系障碍儿童的可能性高出六倍。
They're six times more likely to have a child with autism spectrum disorder compared to women with low levels of BPA.
再次强调,BPA会干扰雌激素和雄激素受体。
Again, BPA is disrupting the estrogen and androgen receptor.
这一点非常重要,因为雄激素不仅会干扰芳香化酶——这种将睾酮转化为雌激素的酶。
And this is very important because the androgen, want to have, it's disrupting aromatase as well, that enzyme that's involved in converting testosterone into estrogen.
所以,你可能难以置信,但当男孩在母亲子宫内发育时,雌激素在大脑发育和所谓的男性大脑 masculinization 过程中起着至关重要的作用。
So, believe it or not, when you're a boy developing in your mom's womb, estrogen plays a very important role in your brain and brain development and what's called masculinizing the male brain.
这听起来有点矛盾。
It's kind of contradictory.
你会想,难道不是睾酮才负责这些吗?
You're like, Oh, what wouldn't testosterone do that?
但实际上,雌激素对于男性大脑的 masculinization 部分至关重要。
Well, actually, estrogen is very important for masculinizing parts of the male brain.
因此,当双酚A抑制了芳香化酶——这种无处不在的内分泌干扰激素时
And so when you have aromatase being inhibited by bisphenol A, by this endocrine disrupting hormone that is so ubiquitous everywhere
是在塑料瓶里发现的吗?
That is found in plastic bottles?
塑料瓶。
Plastic bottles.
它确实无处不在。
It's found inyeah, it's found everywhere.
那你有什么建议?
So what do you recommend?
首先,我认为如果你能尽量避免使用塑料瓶喝水,如果想喝咖啡,最好直接在店里用他们的马克杯,或者自带便携杯。
First of all, I think if you can eliminate and not drink out of plastic bottles as much as possible, if you do want to go coffee, either drink it there in their mugs or bring your own to go mug.
比如我就会带一个类似YETI的便携咖啡杯去星巴克或者任何咖啡店,让他们帮我装满。
Like, I bring my like, I have like a YETI kind of to go coffee mug that I'll bring into a Starbucks or wherever, a coffee bean, and I'll have them fill it up.
罐装汤的内壁都涂有双酚A,也就是一层塑料。
Soup cans, canned soup, are lined with BPA, they're lined with plastic.
汤通常是在热的时候装进罐子里的。
And soup usually goes into the can hot.
无菌工艺意味着,他们确保汤的包装——多项研究已明确表明,这会使BPA水平升高1000%。
Sterile technique, mean, they want to make sure it's so you're getting the soup has been classically shown in multiple studies to increase BPA levels by 1000%.
惊人的数量。
Crazy amounts.
所以尽量不要吃罐装汤。
So don't eat canned soup as much as possible.
我的意思是,这讲的是习惯,而不是偶尔一次。
I mean, obviously, this is about the habit, not the one off.
但你要尽量避免使用罐头,包括苏打水罐,甚至你最爱的气泡水罐。
But, you know, try to avoid cans, drinking out of even soda cans, even like your favorite sparkling water cans.
别让它成为日常习惯,因为这些罐子内壁都涂有塑料。
Don't make it a daily habit because they are lined with plastic.
这是BPA进入你体内的一个来源。
That's a source of BPA into your bodies.
你可以通过某些方式将BPA排出体外。
There are ways that you can excrete BPA.
因此,排出BPA的主要途径是通过尿液。
So, the major way to get rid of it is through urine.
它会通过你的尿液排出。
It's excreted through your urine.
但首先它必须变成水溶性物质。
But it has to become water soluble first.
它是一种脂溶性化合物。
It's a fat soluble compound.
因此,我们饮食中的一些食物可以促进这种排泄。
And so, there are things that we can eat in our diet that will increase that excretion.
西兰花和西兰花芽中的化合物,尤其是萝卜硫素,能激活一种通路,促使参与将BPA转化为水溶性物质的酶发挥作用,从而使BPA随尿液排出。
Compounds in broccoli, broccoli sprouts being the big ones, sulforaphane, activates a pathway that are enzymes involved in making BPA become water soluble, so they come out your urine.
哦,所以西兰花就像一种清洁剂。
Oh, so broccoli's like a cleanser.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。