本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你通过接触社交媒体、高密度、快速切换的视频,正在主动重塑你的大脑,使其趋向最糟糕的状态。
You are actively rewiring your brain for the worst by engaging with social media, high volume, quick videos.
而社交媒体的高管们从不让孩子使用这些东西,因为他们设计这些产品就是为了让人上瘾。
And the social media executives don't let their kids use this stuff because they designed it to be addictive.
他们知道,数以百万计的孩子遭受过网络欺凌、性勒索,许多人甚至选择了自杀。
And they know that millions and millions of kids have been cyberbullied, sextorted, many have committed suicide.
所以我很生气。
So I'm getting angry.
从医学角度来看,这也在重塑你的身体,增加你患心脏病和创伤后应激障碍的风险。
And then from the medical perspective, it's rewiring your body, increasing your risk of heart disease and PTSD.
我们已经过度沉溺于虚拟世界,其后果是灾难性的。
We've moved too far into the virtual world, and the results are catastrophic.
人们每天大约花费六个半小时在手机上。
People are spending roughly about six and a half hours a day on their phones.
我们该
What do we
我们该如何应对?
do about this?
有趣的是,
Well, here's the amazing thing.
我们实际上可以掌控自己的命运。
We actually can control our fate.
因此,我们邀请了一位社会心理学家和一位哈佛医生,深入探讨数十亿人正在面临的科技成瘾与大脑退化危机。
So We are joined by a social psychologist and a Harvard physician to dive into the technology addiction and brain rot crisis billions are facing worldwide.
以及我们如何应对它对心理健康造成的毁灭性影响。
And how we can counter its devastating mental health effects.
你必须重新夺回你的注意力,因为如果没有能力连续几分钟集中注意力,我们就会看到人类潜能、人际关系和联结的崩塌。
You have to reclaim your attention because without the ability to pay attention for several minutes at a time, we're seeing the destruction of human potential, the human relationships, the connection.
但你可以做出一些小小的调整,来克服那种刷屏的原始冲动。
But there's all these small tweaks that you can do to override that primal urge to scroll.
例如,91%的人在注意力、幸福感和心理健康方面都得到了改善。
For example, ninety one percent of people had an improvement in attention, well-being, and mental health.
仅仅在继续使用设备但无法上网两周后。
After just two weeks of continuing to use your device but not having Internet access.
其次,把手机放在你手臂够不到的地方,因为纯粹的干扰可能性已被证明会改变你的前额叶皮层,这被称为脑力流失。
Next, keep your phone out of your arm's reach because the sheer potential for distraction has actually been shown to change your prefrontal cortex, which is called brain drain.
所以,是的,我们应该加强自我控制,但我们正被推向成瘾性应用,这把我们所有人都搞乱了。
So, yes, we should exert more self control, but we're being pushed to addictive apps and it's messing us all up.
那并不是
That's not
是我们的错。
our fault.
你会建议人们删除这些短视频吗?
Would you advise people to delete these short form videos?
天哪。
Oh my god.
是的。
Yes.
这将是你可以为自己的智力和人类所做的最重要的事情。
That would be the most important thing you can do for your intelligence and for humanity.
但如果我要提供一些具体的建议,以下是我在与学生相处时为恢复专注力而做的三件事。
But if I was gonna offer some specific advice, here are the three things that I do with my students to reclaim retention.
此外,我还有一种三秒大脑重启法。
And then to add to that, I have the three second brain reset.
首先
So first
我想问问你们对这个有什么看法。
I wanted to ask you guys what you thought of this.
嘿。
Hey.
你回来了。
You're back.
这让我害怕。
This terrifies me.
我们现在必须停止这种行为。
We've got to stop this now.
各位,在本集开始之前,我想请大家帮个忙。
Guys, I've got a favor to ask before this episode begins.
经常听这个节目的听众中,有69%还没有点击关注按钮。
69% of you that listen to the show frequently haven't yet hit the follow button.
这个关注按钮非常智能,因为它能确保你不会错过最精彩的剧集。
And that follow button is very smart because it means you won't miss the best episodes.
如果你关注了一个节目,算法会将该节目的最佳剧集显著地推送到你的信息流中。
The algorithm, if you follow a show, will deliver you the best episodes from that show very prominently in your feed.
所以当我们推出本节目最精彩、分享最多、评分最高的剧集时,我希望能让你第一时间知道。
So when we have our best episodes on this show, the most shared episodes, the most rated episodes, I would love you to know.
而你了解这些的最简单方式,就是点击关注按钮。
And the simple way for you to know that is to hit that follow button.
非常非常非常感谢你们。
Thank you so, so, so much.
乔纳森,伊迪丝。
Jonathan, Edithi.
乔纳森,我听过你说,注意力的毁灭是当今世界对人类最大的威胁。
Jonathan, I've heard you say that the destruction of attention is the largest threat to humanity that's happening around the world.
我也听过你说,短视频是最糟糕的,因为它们正在摧毁人们的注意力时长。
And I've also heard you say that short form videos are the worst of the worst because they're shattering attention spans.
我今天想进行这场对话的原因有些个人化。
The reason why I wanted to have this conversation today is somewhat personal.
事实上,我在《海之日记》中进行的所有对话都或多或少带有个人色彩。
And in fact, all of the conversations I have in the diary of sea are somewhat personal to some degree.
它们源于我脑海中尚未解答的问题,也源于我生活中的某些观察。
They're inspired by some unanswered question I have in my head and also some observation I have in my life.
而我观察到的是,尤其是短视频,正在让我的生活变得更糟。
And the observation I've had is that short form videos in particular are making my life worse.
而且我得说,真正让我下定决心的转折点是,你知道吗?
And actually, I've got to say, the catalyst moment really where I thought, you know what?
我需要把你这样的杰出人物聚在一起,来讨论这个问题,我当时就是这么想的。
I need to get you exceptional people together to have this conversation was I thought this.
然后我查看了我的屏幕使用时间,发现发生了巨大的变化。
I then looked at my screen time and saw a huge change.
我感觉更糟了,因为所有这些社交媒体平台现在都推出了短视频。
I felt so much worse because all these social platforms have short form video now.
接着我确实听到了埃隆·马斯克说,你知道,他运营的社交媒体平台也做短视频,但他认为这是对人类最糟糕的发明之一。
And then I actually heard Elon Musk, who, you know, has a social media platform that does short form video, say that he thinks it's one of the worst inventions for humanity.
乔纳森,你为什么会对短视频和注意力的腐蚀说出那样的话?
Jonathan, why did you say what you said about short form video and this corruption of attention?
因为我写了一本名为《焦虑的一代》的书,重点探讨青少年的心理健康问题。
Because I wrote a whole book called The Anxious Generation focusing on teen mental health.
这个谜团是在2000年代中期突然出现的。
That was the mystery that popped up in the mid-2000s.
为什么1995年之后出生的人焦虑和抑郁程度要高得多?
Why are people born after 1995 so much more anxious and depressed?
我一直在追踪这个谜团,而很多线索都指向社交媒体,尤其是Instagram,以及社会比较,还有我们所熟知的社交媒体的种种问题。
And I've been tracking down that mystery and a lot of it points to social media and especially Instagram, social comparison, all the things we know about social media.
当这本书在2024年出版后,我意识到自己严重低估了其危害,因为我只关注了心理健康——这已经是一场灾难。
When the book came out in 2024, since then what I realized is that I vastly underestimated the damage because I focused on mental health, which is a catastrophe.
但更大的伤害是人类专注力的丧失。如果没有能力连续专注几分钟,最好是十到二十分钟,你就很难成为一个称职的员工。
But the bigger damage is the destruction of the human ability to pay attention Without the ability to pay attention for several minutes at a time, ideally ten or twenty minutes at a time, without that you're not going to be of much use as an employee.
你也不会成为一个称职的配偶。
You're not going be of much use as a spouse.
你的人生也不会成功。
You're not going to be successful in life.
正是在那时,我意识到这远远超出了心理健康的问题。
And that's when I realized this is way beyond mental health.
这正在改变人类的认知,改变人类的注意力,而且可能是全球性的。
This is changing human cognition, changing human attention, and possibly on a global scale.
阿迪蒂,你从什么角度看待这个问题?
Aditi, what perspective do you come at this from?
在你从事的关于大脑、压力和神经科学等所有这些工作的过程中,你的观点是什么?这些观点如何塑造了你对社交媒体、屏幕时间以及短视频的看法?
And what's been your perspective through all the work you've done about brains and stress and neuroscience and all these kinds of things that has shaped the way that you think about social media screen time, short form video?
我的背景是哈佛大学的一名医生。
My background is that I'm a physician at Harvard.
我的专业领域是压力、倦怠和心理健康。
And my expertise is in stress, burnout, and mental health.
因此,我就是通过这个视角来看待所有这些问题的。
And so that is the lens that I view all of this through.
我们知道,你与设备之间存在着最具破坏性的关系。
We know that the most deleterious relationship that you have is with your device.
在每一段健康的关系中,我们都有界限。
You know, in every healthy relationship, we have boundaries.
我们与孩子、父母、同事、朋友都有界限。
We have boundaries with our kids, our parents, our colleagues, our, you know, with our friends.
但当我们面对与设备的关系时,却往往没有界限,甚至界限模糊不清。
And yet we have no boundaries and often porous boundaries when it comes to the relationship you have with your device.
所以,问题不在于成为数字苦行僧并放弃科技,因为科技其实可以为我们服务,对吧?
So it's not so much about becoming a digital monk and renouncing technology, because technology can serve us, right?
它能激发灵感、提供教育、促进连接。
It inspires, educates, connects.
如今,作为一名有见识的公民尤为重要,但不能以牺牲你的心理健康为代价。
Now more than ever, it's so important to be an informed citizen, but not at the expense of your mental health.
正如乔纳森所说,你一直与设备、社交媒体保持互动,从醒来的那一刻到上床睡觉都在刷屏,这正是为什么你最好的想法总是在洗澡时涌现的原因。
And so what Jonathan was saying, this you know, constant being engaged with your devices, with social media, the scrolling from the minute you wake up until you go to bed, there's a reason why you have your best ideas in the shower.
因为那是你一整天中唯一没有和设备在一起的时刻。
That's because that's the only place in the whole day where you are not with your device.
人们上厕所时也会带着设备。
People take their device to the bathroom.
他们睡觉时也抱着设备。
They sleep with your device.
吃饭时也拿着设备。
You eat with your device.
人们走在街上。
People walk down the street.
由于人们过马路时边走边看设备,导致更多差点发生的行人事故。
There's more near miss pedestrian accidents because people are walking while they're crossing the street and looking at their devices.
因此,背后还涉及诸多大脑生物学机制。
And so there's all of this brain biology at play behind the scenes.
你们两位都提到,不断使用手机、陷入无限滚动的感觉并不好受。
So both of you have talked about how it doesn't feel good to engage and constantly be on your phone, that sense of infinite scroll.
但你感觉好像什么都没做。
But there is it feels like you're doing nothing.
你只是在做这个,对吧?
You're just doing this, right?
你到底在做什么?
What are you doing?
但实际上,这并不是被动的。
But in fact, it is not passive.
这是主动的。
It is active.
它对你的生理、大脑、心理以及社会因素都有深远影响,我希望我们今天能讨论这些。
And it has a profound effect on your biology, on your brain, on your psychology, and also social factors that I hope we talk about today.
刷屏浪费一点时间似乎并没有那么有害。
Scrolling, wasting a bit of time doesn't seem so harmful.
如果我们向前看十年、二十年、三十年,最大的风险或威胁是什么?
What is the big if we play this forward ten, twenty, thirty years, what is the big risk or threat?
目前最大的威胁甚至不需要等二十年,那就是通过一种叫做神经可塑性的过程——这只是一个听起来很复杂的词,实际上只是说你的大脑像肌肉一样——通过接触社交媒体,那种高密度、低质量、快速切换的视频,正在主动地将你的大脑向最坏的方向重塑。
The biggest threat right now, we don't even have to wait twenty years, is that through a process called neuroplasticity, which is just a big fancy word that simply means that your brain is a muscle, is that by engaging with social media, that sense of high volume, low quality, quick videos, you are actively rewiring your brain for the worst.
因此,你增加了压力感,恶化了心理健康、注意力、认知能力、分心倾向、易怒性和复杂问题解决能力。
So you're increasing your sense of stress, worsening your mental health, attention, cognition, distractibility, irritability, complex problem solving.
当你进行无限滚动时,所有这些都会发生变化。
All of that changes when you engage in that infinite scroll.
我想补充一点,因为人们常对我说的一点是:‘这不就是当年对电视的指责吗?’
I'd like to add on here, because one of the main arguments I get is, Ah, this is what they said about television.
哦,他们以前也是这么说漫画书的。
Oh, this is what they said about comic books.
这只不过是一种内部恐慌。
This is just an internal panic.
但人们需要理解触摸屏设备与电视究竟有何不同。
But people need to understand why touchscreen devices are so different from television.
因此,如果我简单地说明一下,好屏幕时间与坏屏幕时间,父母们会觉得很有帮助。
And so parents find this helpful if I just lay this out briefly, good screen time versus bad screen time.
人类是讲故事的生物。
So humans are storytelling animals.
自从有了语言,我们就一直通过故事、史诗诗歌等各种故事来养育孩子。
We have always, as long as we've had language, we've raised our kids with stories, epic poems, all kinds of stories.
故事是好的。
Stories are good.
人类大脑需要大量的模式。
The human brain needs lots of patterns.
孩子的大脑需要大量的模式来发展。
The child's brain needs lots of patterns to develop.
所以你最不该做的就是因为孩子哭着要而把设备递给他们,因为他们已经被训练成只要一哭就能得到,而你又很忙,你把设备给他们,他们就安静了。
So the worst thing you can do is hand your child the device because they're crying for it because they've been trained to get it and you're busy, you hand them the device, they're quiet.
发生了什么?
What's happening?
他们独自坐着,不知道——我小时候,我们总是和姐妹、朋友一起看。
They're sitting alone, not know, when I was a kid, we always watched it with my sisters, with my friends.
你们在争论它。
You're arguing about it.
你们在交谈。
You're talking.
孩子却独自一人,手里拿着设备。
It's such kid's sitting alone with a device in his hand.
这不再是长篇故事了。
It's not long stories.
从来都不是长篇故事。
It's never long stories.
总是会变成YouTube Shorts、TikTok或Instagram短视频,尤其是对大一点的孩子。
It always ends up at YouTube Shorts or TikTok or Instagram Reels for older kids.
所以他们就这样做。
So they're doing this.
但这里有一个电视做不到的关键点。
But here's the key thing that it does that a television does not.
电视会让你进入心理学家所说的‘沉浸状态’。
A television puts you in a state that psychologists call transportation.
你会投入到故事中,被情节吸引,并为角色加油。
You get into a story and you find yourself pulled in and you're rooting for the characters.
这就是大脑如何被训练以适应社交模式的方式。
And this is how a brain gets tuned up to social patterns.
但这不可能在十秒内发生。
But it can't happen in ten seconds.
一分钟内也无法发生。
It can't happen in one minute.
这需要很长一段时间。
It takes a long period of time.
而且没有任何强化。
And there is no reinforcement.
电视并不会对你做任何事。
There is no the television doesn't do anything to you.
你没有任何反应。
You don't have any response.
而触摸屏设备就像一个斯金纳箱。
Whereas a touchscreen device is a Skinner box.
所以是B。
So B.
F。
F.
斯金纳是行为主义的创始人之一,他把老鼠和鸽子放进一个箱子里,按照固定的时间表给予它们强化物,比如一小粒食物。
Skinner was one of the founders of behaviorism and he put rats and pigeons in a box where he could deliver a reinforcement, a little grain of food on a schedule.
通过对行为迅速给予强化,他能在短短几小时内训练它们完成惊人的把戏。
And by giving them quick reinforcements for behavior, he could train them to do amazing tricks in just a few hours.
当你给孩子一个触摸屏设备时,这就是刺激、反应、滑动、获得奖励或不获得奖励,可变比率强化,你不断重复这个过程。
When you give your kid a touchscreen device, it's stimulus, response, swipe, get a reward or not, variable ratio, and you just keep doing that.
所以,正如阿迪蒂所说,这正在重新塑造你的大脑。
So you are, as Aditi said, it is rewiring your brain.
这不仅仅是浪费时间。
It's not just wasting time.
这实际上是在训练你做电视从未让你做过的事情。
It is literally training you to do things where television didn't do that.
所以,这完全是另一种游戏。
So this is a whole new game.
此外,从医学角度来看,你正在缩短注意力持续时间。
And to add to that, you know, from the medical perspective, you're shortening this attention span.
随着时间的推移,就像乔纳森说的,你因为一直使用设备而睡得不好。
And what happens over time is so like Jonathan said, right, you're not sleeping as well because you are engaged with your device.
我们知道,80%的人在醒来后的几分钟内就会查看手机。
We know that 80% of people are checking their phones within minutes of waking up.
我们有一种叫做‘报复性熬夜’的现象,意思是到了一天结束时,你感到疲惫,整天都没有属于自己的时间,本想早点上床休息。
We have something called revenge bedtime procrastination, this concept of at the end of the day, you're fatigued, you've had a long day, you've had no me time, and you want to get to bed early.
顺便说一句,我们从小就被灌输这些数据,对吧?
We all know, by the way, what the data is, that we've been taught since we were little kids, right?
比如,睡觉时间很重要。
Like bedtime, sleep is important.
它对你的身体有益。
It's good for your body.
它对你的大脑也有好处。
It's good for your brain.
尽管我们可能拥有全世界的知识,但在行动上,知识、信息和实际行动之间却存在着巨大的差距。
And we might have all the knowledge in the world, but in terms of action, there's a wide gap between knowledge and information and action.
因此,报复性熬夜拖延症是一种衍生现象。
And so revenge bedtime procrastination is kind of an offshoot.
那么会发生什么呢?
So what happens?
于是你的注意力下降了。
So you have that decreased attention.
你会变得易怒、过度警觉。
You have that irritability, hypervigilance.
到了晚上,到了一天结束的时候,已经是晚上9点了。
And so at night, at the end of the day, it's 9PM.
如果你是父母,你的孩子已经睡了,厨房也收拾干净了。
You finally if you're a parent, your kids are asleep, your kitchen is clean.
也许你结束了创业的一天,终于和梅兰妮一起坐在沙发上,心想:唉,终于有属于自己的时间了。
Maybe you finish your entrepreneurial day, and you finally sit down with Melanie on the couch, and you're like, Ugh, some me time.
你知道自己应该早点睡觉,也知道这对身体有好处。
And you know you want to get to bed early, and you know it's good for you.
但突然间,你开始刷手机,等你反应过来,已经凌晨两点了。
But then suddenly, you're scrolling, and before you know it, it's 2AM.
你不禁感叹:天哪,我刚才干嘛了?
And you're saying, My God, what happened?
我怎么还醒着?
Why am I still awake?
这段时间我到底在做什么?
What was I doing all this time?
其实你是在晚上给自己安排了一些属于自己的时间,于是就拖延了睡觉时间。
What happens is that you essentially give yourself some me time at night, and so you procrastinate bedtime.
因此,这种报复性熬夜拖延会影响你的睡眠。
And so what happens is with this revenge bedtime procrastination, it affects your sleep.
当你没有获得良好、高质量的睡眠时——比如难以入睡、容易醒来,长期积累睡眠债务,对孩子和成人都会带来各种负面影响。
And then when you don't have good sleep, good quality sleep so you have difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, sleep debt over time for kids, for adults has all sorts of ramifications.
所以,这种短视频内容只是冰山一角。
So this is just the tip of the iceberg, this short form video content.
而这些连锁影响波及深远。
And the ripple effects go far and wide.
它不仅在重塑你的大脑,还在重塑你的身体。
Not only is it rewiring your brain, it's rewiring your body.
它影响你的睡眠,从而增加你日后患心脏病的风险。
It is affecting your sleep, which increases your risk of heart disease later in life.
当你观看血腥视频和血腥图像时,即使你并未亲历现场,也可能因替代性创伤而增加患创伤后应激障碍(PTSD)的个人风险。
And when you're consuming graphic videos and graphic images, it can increase your personal risk of PTSD through vicarious trauma, even if you weren't there.
所以,这一切只是因为你认为‘这没什么害处’,就可能对你造成的一系列广泛影响。
So this is just a vast network of things that can happen to you simply because you're thinking, yeah, it's harmless.
这到底是什么?
What is it?
这不过是一些我用来放松的视频罢了。
It's just a bunch of videos that I'm checking out as a way for me to decompress.
要理解短视频究竟在利用、操控和劫持什么,我需要了解大脑的哪些特性?
What do I need to know about the nature of the brain to understand exactly what short form video is playing, is hijacking, is taking advantage of?
要理解这一切,我们必须关注童年。
The thing to understand about all of this is that we have to focus on childhood.
我们为什么要有童年?
Why do we have childhood?
人类有一个非常有趣的童年阶段:我们最初迅速成长,然后在五到七岁左右放缓速度。
Humans have this really interesting childhood where we grow rapidly at first and then we slow down about five or seven years.
我们的生长速度并不快。
We don't grow very quickly.
到了青春期,我们又会加速成长。
And then we speed up at puberty.
而其他灵长类动物则会持续生长,直到达到性成熟年龄,然后就开始繁殖。
Whereas other primates, they just grow and grow till they reach reproductive age, then they reproduce.
但人类似乎拥有一个漫长的中童期,用于文化学习。
But we seem to have this long period of sort of middle childhood for cultural learning.
这是一个孩子已经会走路、会说话,并开始远离父母的时期,正是在这个时候,文化学习开始发挥作用。
It's a period in which the kid is now walking and talking and turning away from the parents, and that's a time for this to come in.
他们会注意并建立关系。
And they pay attention and they form relations.
所有这些事情都必须缓慢进行,因为神经元在逐渐生长。
All these things have to happen slowly because the neurons are gradually growing.
它们根据孩子的行为相互连接。
They're finding each other based on what the child is doing.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以我们是在现实世界中成长的,这个过程需要时间。
So we grow up in the real world and that happens over time.
其中很多都是身体层面的。
And a lot of that is very physical.
孩子非常注重身体活动。
Kids are very physical.
哺乳动物都非常注重身体接触,有很多肢体接触。
Mammals are very physical and there's a lot of touch.
这就是一个健康的人类童年。
So that's a healthy human childhood.
但当你给孩子一个iPad或旧iPhone,让他们开始触摸和滑动时,这会劫持他们的注意力。
But when you give an iPad or your old iPhone and begin doing the touching and swiping, that is going to hijack their attention.
这会排挤掉其他所有形式的行动和学习。
That is going to push out all other forms of action and learning.
这将改变大脑中负责学习专注力的区域,也就是所谓的执行功能。
And that is going to change the way the parts of the brain that learn to pay attention, what's called executive function.
这将改变大脑学习专注的方式。
It's going to change the way the brain learns to pay attention.
这将改变大脑的奖励回路。
It's going to change the reward circuits.
我想你最近请了安娜·勒姆克做客,她是全美成瘾问题的权威专家。
I think you had Anna Lemke on recently, who's the nation's expert on addiction.
她描述的方式是,任何一种成瘾都会改变你的奖励通路,让你更容易对其他成瘾产生依赖。
And the way that she describes it, how any one addiction is going to change your reward pathways to make you more vulnerable to other addictions.
所以我们正在为孩子铺就一条道路,不仅现在如此,等他们再大一点,就会沉迷于电子游戏、色情内容和赌博。
So we're setting our kids up, not just for this, but then when they get a little older, it'll be video games, it'll be porn, it'll be gambling.
现在的一切都像赌博。
Now everything is gambling.
因此,我们正在让孩子养成一种大脑不断要求快速多巴胺的生活模式。
So we're setting them up for a life in which their brain is saying, give me some quick dopamine.
给我一点快速的多巴胺。
Give me some quick dopamine.
我不想为任何事情付出努力。
I don't want to to work for anything.
我不想花一个小时专心做事,然后才得到回报。
I don't want to have to apply myself for an hour and then get a reward.
所以,短视频正在阻止孩子建立努力与回报之间的联系。
And so what the short videos are doing for kids is preventing them from learning the connection between hard work and a reward.
从神经科学的角度来看,当我对短视频或这些快速多巴胺任务上瘾时,我的大脑里还发生了什么其他变化吗?
Is there anything else I need to know from a neuroscience perspective about what's going on in my brain when I develop these addictions with short form videos or these sort of quick dopaminergic tasks?
我们所有人,作为人类,都有一种本能的刷屏冲动。
So we all, as humans, have a primal urge to scroll.
当你感到压力时,就像我们许多人当下所经历的那样,这是你的杏仁核在发挥作用。
When you feel a sense of stress, as many of us do in this moment in life, it is your sense your amygdala.
这是一种自我保护的本能。
And so it's your sense of self preservation.
这是生存和自我保护的机制。
It's survival and self preservation.
这就是你的杏仁核所做的事情。
That is what your amygdala does.
如果你想让我在这里给你展示一下
If you want me to show you here
我不知道我在那里做什么。
have no idea what I'm doing there.
是的。
Yeah.
没关系。
It's okay.
所以在这里,深处,有一个小小的杏仁状结构,那就是你的杏仁核。
So here, deep here, it's a small almond shaped structure, and that is your amygdala.
你的杏仁核的主要功能是生存和自我保护。
And your amygdala, its main purpose, is survival and self preservation.
它掌控着你的压力反应、战斗或逃跑反应,当你在浏览内容、感到压力时,它就会被激活,从而让你产生一种本能的刷屏冲动。
It houses your stress response, your fight or flight response, and it is truly what is activated when you are engaging in content, when you feel a sense of stress, and so you have this primal urge to scroll.
从进化角度看,当我们都还是住在洞穴里的人类时,晚上会一起睡觉,并安排一名守夜人巡视危险。
And so evolutionarily, when we all were cave people living together, we would sleep at night and there would be a night watchman scanning for danger.
而如今,我们自己成了守夜人,全天候、整夜不停地扫描潜在威胁。
And now we have become our own night watchman, and so we scan for danger all day, all night long.
我们是怎么做到的?
How do we do that?
我们刷屏。
We scroll.
然后杏仁核就被激活了。
And then the amygdala is triggered.
然后你继续刷,再刷,再刷。
And then you scroll some more, and you scroll some more, and you scroll some more.
所以随着时间推移,你实际上让杏仁核一直处于持续激活的慢性状态。
And so over time, what you're doing is that you're making that amygdala in a state of chronic, continually being triggered.
杏仁核会发生什么变化?
What happens to the amygdala?
当它持续被激活时,随着时间推移,它会以其他方式重塑你的大脑。
Over time, when it's continually triggered, it starts to rewire your brain in other ways.
它是如何做到的?
And how does it do that?
通过一种叫做前额叶皮层的东西。
Through something called the prefrontal cortex.
如果你把手放在这里,我可以使用这个模型,但我也完全可以只用我的手。
If you put your hand I like I can use this model, but I can also just use my hands.
当你把手放在前额上时,额头正后方的区域就是前额叶皮层。
When you put your hand on your forehead, the area right behind your forehead right here is the prefrontal cortex.
这个大脑区域对我们今天的讨论非常重要。
This is a very important thing for our conversation, this area of the brain.
前额叶皮层的作用是管理执行功能。
What And the prefrontal cortex does is it governs executive functions.
包括冲动控制、记忆、规划、组织、战略思维以及复杂问题解决。
So impulse control, memory, planning, organization, strategic thinking, complex problem solving.
你的杏仁核和前额叶皮层之间存在一种张力。
And there is a tension between your amygdala and the prefrontal cortex.
当杏仁核占据主导地位时,前额叶皮层就会处于静默状态。
When your amygdala is in the driver's seat, that prefrontal cortex is quiet.
随着我们持续使用设备并产生刷屏的原始冲动,杏仁核会被激活,而前额叶皮层则会被抑制。
And what is happening as we continue to engage with our devices and have this primal urge to scroll, that amygdala upregulates and the prefrontal cortex downregulates.
长此以往,这会带来我们开头提到的种种问题。
And over time, that is very problematic for all of the reasons that we're kind of introducing at the start of this conversation.
2025年的一项包含71项研究的元分析发现,频繁使用短视频与认知能力下降有关,尤其是注意力持续时间缩短和自控力减弱。
There was a meta analysis done in twenty twenty five of 71 different studies, and it found that heavy short form video use was associated with reduced thinking ability, especially shorter attention spans and weaker impulse control.
没错。
That's right.
这些研究现在才刚刚开始涌现。
These studies are just beginning to roll in now.
孩子们从2008年起就大量使用社交媒体,但尤其是2012年左右智能手机普及之后更是如此。
Kids have been on social media really a lot since 2008, but especially once they got smartphones around twenty twelve.
2010年代开始有研究显示,那些花大量时间使用这些平台的孩子表现得更差。
Studies began coming in in the 2010s that it's looking like the kids who are spending a lot of time on this are doing much worse.
他们更容易抑郁。
They're more depressed.
当时的研究重点是抑郁问题。
The focus was on depression.
一些其他研究者表示,这仅仅是一种相关性。
And some other researchers said, no, it's just a correlation.
你无法证明因果关系。
You can't prove causation.
关于这个问题,我们已经争论了大约十到十五年。
And we've been going around and around on this for about ten or fifteen years.
现在我们又在对短视频做同样的事情。
Now we're doing the same thing with the short form videos.
所有人都能看见这种伤害。
The damage everyone can see.
我的学生告诉我,这就是正在发生的事。
My students tell me this is what's happening.
我们都能感受到。
We feel it.
研究正在陆续出现。
Studies are coming in.
但总会有一些零星的研究显示不出这种现象,人们就会大力宣扬那些研究。
But there will be a few studies here and there that don't show it and people will push that up.
Meta花费了大量时间和金钱来影响公众舆论。
Meta spends a lot of time and money to influence the public debate.
现在有很多公开文件披露了他们是如何做到这一点的。
A lot of public documents are coming out now about how they do that.
因此,我们可以在短视频研究上争论五到十年。
So we can engage in debate over research on short form videos for five or ten years.
但到那时,已经太晚了。
But at that point, it's way too late.
我们已经失去了一代人,即Alpha世代。
We've lost a second generation, Gen Alpha.
所以我认为,当我们谈论孩子时,尤其需要采取所谓的预防原则:如果存在理由认为这正在伤害孩子,那我们为何不阻止它渗透到每个孩子的童年中呢?
So I think when we're talking about kids especially, we need to have what's called the precautionary principle, which is if there's reason to think that this is hurting kids, how about we don't roll it out into every childhood?
我们为何不让这些公司对其行为负责,追究他们对孩子造成的伤害?
How about we make these companies responsible, we hold them responsible for what they're doing to kids?
因为我们即将重蹈社交媒体的覆辙,任其悄然渗透进童年。
Because we're about to make the same mistake we made with social media, letting it worm its way into childhood.
我们已经对短视频这么做了,现在又要对AI聊天机器人如法炮制。
We've already done that with short videos, and we're about to do it with AI chatbots.
事实上,我认为我们才刚刚在2025年底开始这么做。
In fact, we're just beginning it in late twenty twenty five, I'd say.
我认为人们还没有完全意识到,这些主要的社交媒体平台已经彻底摸清了短视频有多能卖钱。
I don't think people quite realize how much these major social media platforms have figured out that short form video sells.
我们现在正看到全球范围内短剧类应用的兴起。
We're actually seeing this sort of global rise in short form drama apps now.
我不知道你们有没有用过这些应用,但它们基本上把原本两小时的电影拆分成大约60个片段。
And I don't know if you guys have seen these apps, but it basically takes a movie that used to be two hours long, and it breaks it down into, say, 60 different parts.
我公司的一位同事前几天给我展示了,这些应用在世界不同地区正迅速爆发。
My colleague of mine at my company was showing me the other day in different parts of the world, they're exploding.
短剧类应用的使用量增长了190%。
There's been a a 190% increase in short form drama apps.
把长篇电影变成短视频。
Takes long form movie, turns into short form videos.
迪士尼+计划在今年推出AI生成的短视频,最初在迪士尼+应用内限制为30秒。
Disney plus plans to introduce AI generated short form videos this year, starting with thirty second limits inside the Disney plus app.
《TechCrunch》还报道,截至2025年10月,Netflix已在手机上测试了短视频内容,并最近宣布了扩展该功能的计划。
And TechCrunch also reported that as of October 2025, Netflix tested short form video content on phones and recently announced its plan to expand this feature.
看来我们消费的所有内容都在朝这个方向发展。
It appears that all of the content we consume is going that way.
听好了。
And listen.
我和许多大型社交媒体平台的人是朋友。
I'm friends with lots of people at big social media platforms.
这并不意味着我在批评他们,因为我认为两件事可以同时成立。
This doesn't get me this doesn't sound in my way of criticizing them because I think two things can be true at the same time.
对吧?
Right?
所以我认为,我既有播客,又制作短视频,这完全可以同时成立。
So I I think it can be true that I have a podcast and I make short form videos Mhmm.
而且我也明白,这些短视频确实有明显的弊端。
And that I also understand that there's a real downside to them.
而且,我所接触的所有主要社交媒体平台都在大力推动短视频内容。
And, all of the major social media social media platforms that I speak to speak to have a huge drive towards short form video.
这似乎是他们首要的战略重点。
It is it appears to be their number one strategic priority.
显然,由于TikTok的成功,截至2026年1月,我认为TikTok现在是全球下载量最大的社交媒体应用。
And, obviously, because of the success of TikTok, as of January 2026, TikTok, I believe, is the most downloaded social app in the world now.
如果我经营一家社交媒体公司,而我的唯一目标是盈利,那么我现在就面临一场生存危机。
And it and and if I'm running a social media company and my one focus is profit, I'm now faced with an existential crisis.
是的。
Yeah.
我要么参与这场带来最高用户留存率、从而带来最佳广告收益的潮流,要么就被淘汰。
I either take part in this thing that is driving the highest retention, therefore, the best ad payouts, or I die.
对此我有两个看法。
So there's two comments to that.
首先,当我们思考社交媒体以及社会如何调整以适应这种短视频内容时,乔纳森和我之前在拍摄前曾简短提到过一个概念,叫做‘第二屏幕观看’。
First off is that you know, when we think when we think about social media and how society is shape shifting to allow this short form content, there is a concept that Jonathan and I briefly mentioned, I think, prior to us filming called second screen viewing.
因此,据称这些大型流媒体平台正在要求他们的创意人才——无论是编剧、演员还是导演——重复剧情。
And so what's happening is that, allegedly, these big streamers are asking their creative talent, whether it's screenwriters or actors or directors, to replay, to reiterate the plot.
因为当你观看时,就像我们小时候那样,我们会坐在沙发上,和家人一起吃着爆米花,看一部一小时、一个半小时甚至两小时的电影。
Because as you're watching you know, when we were kids, we would watch TV or movies, and you'd just sit on the couch, and you'd have a bucket of popcorn with your family, and you'd watch a movie an hour, hour and a half, two hours.
但现在,第二屏幕观看正在发生,意味着你在观看电影或电视剧的同时,还在使用自己的设备。
And now second screen viewing is happening, which means that you're watching a movie or a TV show, and you're on your device.
因此,你始终处于注意力分散的状态,而我们所有人都在这样做。
And so you are constantly having that fragmented attention, and we are all doing it.
所以,这些流媒体平台据称要求他们的创意人才重复剧情。
And so what these streamers are allegedly asking their creative talent to do is to reiterate the plot.
这正在发生转变。
So it's shape shifting.
这说得通。
It makes sense.
我今年33岁,从小就接触了大量这类内容。
If my brain is I'm 33 years old, so I've grown up with a lot of this stuff.
如果我的大脑已经被训练成注意力更短,那么三十年前的电影对我来说已经不够看了。
If my brain has been wired to have shorter attention spans and movies from thirty years ago are not going to cut it for me.
对。
Right.
但如果每个人都追逐这种趋势,会发生什么呢?
But then look what happens if everybody chases that.
我知道,Netflix正在制作越来越短的内容。
And I know, look, Netflix is making shorter and shorter stuff.
就连TED演讲也在变得越来越短。
Even TED, the TED conference, TED Talks are getting shorter and shorter.
这会带来什么影响?
What does that do?
它只是让这个循环不断重复。
It just repeats the cycle.
我理解你们陷入了集体行动的困境。
Now I appreciate that you're in a collective action trap.
正如你所说,如果我不这么做而其他人都这么做,那我就会落后。
As you put it, if I don't do it and everyone else is, then I lose out.
因此,所有创作者都面临商业压力,这种压力推动内容越来越短、越来越短。
And so the business pressure on all the creators, the business pressures go shorter, shorter, shorter.
这里有一个非常有用的心理学概念区分,我认为会很有帮助,那就是心理同化与顺应之间的区别。
There's a very useful psychological term distinction here that I think would be helpful, which is the difference between psychological assimilation and accommodation.
这要追溯到伟大的发展心理学家让·皮亚杰。
This goes back to Jean Piaget, the great developmental psychologist.
我们拥有某些心理结构。
We have certain mental structures.
我们头脑中对事物如何运作有一个模型。
We have a model in our head of how things work.
然后你学到一些新东西。
And then you learn something new.
哦,孩子学到了,哦,那是一只食蚁兽。
Oh, that's a Kid learns, oh, that's an aardvark.
好吧,我把它直接纳入了,你只是同化它。
Okay, I put that into You just assimilate.
他们学到了很多动物的名字。
They learn lots of animal names.
然后他们学到了一些不符合的东西,比如你了解了细菌。
And then they learn something that doesn't fit, like you learn about bacteria.
现在你得想,哦,好吧。
And now you have to, oh, okay.
现在你必须改变你的心理结构。
Now you have to change your mental structure.
这需要一点时间。
It takes a little time.
你会改变你的心理结构,以更深入地理解生命。
You change your mental structure to understand more about life.
教育的真正意义就在于此。
That's what education really is all about.
当然,你需要大量的同化过程。
You have to have a lot of assimilation of course.
但你需要反复进行适应调整。
But you need that accommodation over and over again.
这就是你为什么想上大学的原因。
That's why you want to go to college.
这就是你为什么想读小说的原因。
That's why you want to read novels.
一部伟大的电影正是这样做的。
That's what a great movie does.
这需要时间。
It takes time.
因此,现代科技了不起的一点就是,我们可以进行这种长达三小时的对话。
And so one of the great things about this modern technology is that we can do things like have this three hour conversation.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
真不敢相信。
I can't believe it.
人们会去听它的。
People are gonna listen to it.
所以,这种长篇内容,完全关乎适应。
So this, you know, long form content, this is all about accommodation.
任何人听完这三小时的对话后,如果对某些事情的看法没有改变,那我们就失败了。
Anybody who walks out who leaves this conversation after three hours and isn't thinking about something differently, we failed.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以你很大程度上从事的是适应业务。
So you are very much in the accommodation business.
这很棒。
That's great.
那么问题来了,这既是一个道德问题也是一个战略问题:为了引导人们到达那里,你需要在多大程度上玩速战速决的游戏?
And then the question, both a moral and a strategic question, is how much do you need to play the quick hit game in order to get people there?
我把那个问题留给道德考量。
I leave that tutor to the moral calculation.
也许,也许它能达到平衡。
Maybe it maybe it balances out.
也许,但我觉得这就是你目前的情况。
Maybe but but I think that's where you are.
你会建议人们删除这些短视频吗?
Would you advise people to delete these short form videos?
我的天啊。
Oh my god.
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Of course.
这里,但这里,是的。
Here but here yes.
对你智力和人类而言,最重要的事情就是删除它们。
The most important thing you can do for your intelligence and for humanity would be delete them.
所以我建议我的学生这样做:你就这么做。
So what I advise my students to do is I say, just do this.
删掉你使用的其中一个社交媒体应用,尤其是TikTok。
Just delete one of the social media apps that you use, especially if it's TikTok.
直接从你的手机上删除。
Just delete from your phone.
你仍然可以在电脑上查看。
You can still check on your computer.
如果有人发给你视频,你仍然可以在电脑上观看。
If someone sends you a video, you can still watch it on your computer.
你甚至可以在每个周末查看一次。
You can even check it every weekend.
你可以花一些时间在上面。
You can spend some time on it.
但只是把它从你的手机上移除。
But just get it off your phone.
因为手机总是伴随着我们。
Because on the phone, the phone is always with us.
它是我们的身体延伸。
It's an extension of our body.
如果它一直都在,就会不断攫取你的注意力,这被称为注意力碎片化。
And if it's always there, then it's going to take every It's called attention fracking.
它会打乱你的专注力。
It's going to break up your attention.
每当你有七秒钟没在做别的事,你就会去拿手机。
It's going to take every seven seconds that you're not doing something, you're going to go for the phone.
所以,如果你想让自己更聪明、成为更好的伴侣和更好的人,我认为最好的做法就是删除短视频,尤其是像TikTok这样的短视频平台。
So the best thing you can do to make yourself smarter and a better partner and a better human, I would say would be to delete the short, especially any of the short form videos, so TikTok.
不幸的是,YouTube虽然有很多优质内容,但也变成了YouTube Shorts。
Unfortunately, YouTube, which has a lot of good stuff on it, becomes YouTube Shorts.
Instagram 做了很多糟糕的事情,但人们确实用它来实现各种目的,现在它变成了 Instagram Reels。
Instagram, which does a lot of terrible things, but people do find it useful for all kinds of purposes, becomes Instagram Reels.
所以我认为,对于 0 到 18 岁的孩子来说,短视频的合适时长是零。
So I think the proper amount of short form video for children zero to 18 is zero.
他们绝不应该观看竖屏视频。
They should never be watching the vertical videos.
家长们,永远不要让你的孩子观看短竖屏视频。
Parents, don't ever let your kids watch the short vertical videos.
你可能会想,如果能有个办法就好了,有没有办法设置一个时间限制?
You might even if there if only there was a way to put it is there a way to put a time limit?
你可以规定视频必须达到十分钟或更长。
You can say it has to be ten minutes or longer.
孩子们,你们可以看一小时的 YouTube,但视频必须是十分钟或更长。
Kids, you can have an hour of YouTube, but it has to be ten minutes or longer.
任何短于十分钟的都不行。
Nothing shorter than ten minutes.
这至少能消除这种快速滑动、多巴胺刺激的东西。
That at least will get rid of this, the quick swiping, the dopamine stuff.
所以对于孩子,我会说,是的,完全不接触。
So I would say that for kids, yes, not engaging it whatsoever.
但对于某些人,你知道,我的方法对三十多岁或四十多岁的人会有点不同。
But for someone, you know, my approach is a little bit different for someone who's, like, in their thirties or in their forties.
而我倾向于这样表述:与其彻底放弃,比如,我要把它从设备上删除,只在桌面端查看,这当然很好,我们还可以做一些小的调整。
And the way I would kind of frame that is instead of renouncing, you know, saying, I'm gonna get it off my device and I'm gonna check on a desktop, which is great, there's little kind of tweaks that we could do.
因为我的方法是培养人们那种赋权感,帮助他们做出积极的改变。
Because my approach is to foster that sense of empowerment in someone to help them make positive change.
所以你可以采用的一个策略是,如果你说,我绝对不可能删除手机上的这些内容,对吧?
And so one strategy that you could use, if you are saying, there's no way I'm getting rid of my not deleting these after my phone, right?
顺便说一下,我以身作则,尽我所能真的不沉迷于科技产品。
If you're by the way, I practice what I preach, I really don't engage in technology to the best of my ability.
但你可以做的一件事是把手机调成灰度模式。
But one thing that you could do is grayscale your phone.
所以尤其是在晚上,比如晚上九点,我们之前谈过报复性熬夜,你知道自己还是会去做。
And so especially at night, like it's 9PM, like we talked about revenge bedtime procrastination, you know that you're going to do it.
你会坐下来,开始刷屏。
You're going to sit down, you're going to scroll.
等你反应过来,已经凌晨两点了。
And before you know it, it's 2AM.
相反,把你的手机调成黑白模式。
Instead, grayscale your phone.
这个简单的设置,你可以轻松切换。
This simple switch, you can toggle it.
我的手机就是黑白模式的,这意味着你去掉了色彩,只剩下黑白两色。
I have my phone set to grayscale, which simply means that you're getting rid of your color, making it black and white.
当手机变成黑白模式后,它就不再有那种同样的成瘾性了。
And so when it is grayscaled, then you, you know, it doesn't have that same addictive quality to it.
这就像是在超市里逛一样。
It's like going through a grocery store.
一位市场高管这样向我描述过。
A marketing executive described it this way to me.
走进超市,不再是五颜六色的垃圾食品麦片,而是黑白的。
Going through a grocery store, instead of the Technicolor junk food cereal, it's just black and white.
所以你感受到的冲动会减弱,继续刷下去的欲望也会降低。
So you have a less there's a greater sense of compulsion to continue checking.
所以这是一种你可以尝试的策略。
So that's like one strategy you could use.
另一种方法是设定一些界限。
And the other is to set some boundaries.
比如地理上的界限,把手机放在伸手够不到的地方。
So geographical boundaries, keep your phone out of your arm's reach.
如果你在桌前,是个学生,就别放在身边,因为我们知道有一种现象叫‘脑力流失’。
If you're at a desk, if you're a student, not right next to you because we know there's this phenomenon of brain drain.
所以不仅当你使用手机时它可能分散注意力,即使只是把它放在附近,也会有影响。
So it's not just that when you're using your phone, it can have a potential distraction, but also just having it close by.
这被称为脑力流失。
It's called brain drain.
所以可以把手机放进抽屉里,工作时把它放在家里的另一个地方,保持远离自己。
And so putting it in a desk drawer, keeping it in another part of the home if you are working, keeping it far away from you.
这样你就能抑制住那种刷屏的原始冲动,让前额叶皮层重新掌控。
And so you kind of can override that primal urges to scroll that your prefrontal cortex take hold again.
因此,你现在可以做许多这样的小调整。
And so there's all these small tweaks that you can do, you think now.
是的。
Yes.
你可以做这些小调整,它们会让手机成瘾性降低一些。
There are all these small tweaks you can do, and they will make the heroin a little bit less addictive.
而且,你应该试试这些方法。
And yeah, you should try those.
但根据我多年教授这门课程的经验,那些尝试过的人会说,是的,这确实有帮助。
But what I can say after teaching this course for many years is that people who try that, they say, Yeah, you know, it helped.
它确实有帮助。
It helped.
但只有当你彻底戒掉社交媒体时,才能真正实现转变。
But you only really get the transformation when you quit social media.
你会重新找回自己的生活,每天找回好几个小时。
That you get your life back, you get hours a day back.
所以我敦促每个人好好想想:你只有一次童年,只有一次年轻成年期。
So I would urge everyone to just think, you know, you only get one childhood, you only get one young adulthood.
如果你把时间都花在刷屏上,到头来你又能拿出什么成果呢?
And if you're going to spend it scrolling, what do you have to show for it at the end?
当你让人们反思:看短视频到底给你带来了多少价值?如果你不再刷了,你的生活会有什么不同?
And when you get people to reflect on how much value do you really get from watching the short videos, how would your life be different if you knocked it out?
一旦他们意识到自己使用社交媒体的动机,要么只是为了跟上潮流,要么是因为别人都在用,或者像你说的——我累了,我该犒劳自己。
Once they realized that their motives for being on it were either just to keep up or because that's what everyone else is doing, or as you said, I deserve it because I'm tired.
那你为什么这么累呢?
Well, why are you tired?
这在一定程度上是因为你的注意力整天都被分散了。
It's in part because your attention was fragmented all day long.
所以,只有当你真正改变自己所消费的内容时,才能获得真正的转变。
So you only really get the transformations when you get a real change in what you're consuming.
当然,设置为静音模式会有帮助,但我认为这对大多数人来说并不会带来根本性的改变。
Although, of course, yes, setting it to grace would be helpful, but it's not going to be transformative for most people, I believe.
然后,根据科学研究,有一些特定因素,比如当我们思考手机究竟为何会引发这种强迫感时,乔纳森说得对。
And then, you know, based on the science, there's certain elements like when we think about what is it about the phone that is creating that sense of compulsion, Jonathan is right.
那么,手机究竟有什么特别之处?
So what is it about the phone?
这不仅仅是手机的问题。
It's not just the phone.
你知道,你在刷屏。
You know, you're scrolling.
你在参与互动。
You're engaging.
有两项研究非常有趣。
There are two studies that were really interesting.
一项是,人们虽然继续使用他们的设备,但没有网络。
One, people got off of they continued to use their devices.
他们完全没有网络连接。
They had no internet.
所以,就像我去年十二月自己尝试过这个实验一样。
So it's like, you know, I tried this experiment myself in December.
我当时在国外,于是干脆没连Wi-Fi。
I was out of the country, and so I just let my you know, I didn't plug into Wi Fi.
我发现自己情绪和睡眠都发生了明显的变化。
And I found markedly a marked change in my mood, my sleep.
而且我根本不是个二十岁的TikTok用户。
And I'm not even 20 years old on TikTok.
那种感觉完全不同。
And it was so different.
因此,这项研究发现,仅仅两周内继续使用设备但不连接互联网,就能改善注意力、幸福感和心理健康。
And so this study found that just two weeks of continuing to use your device but just not having internet access improved your attention, well-being, and mental health.
在这项研究中,所有参与者都是成年人。
And in this population it was all adults.
不是孩子。
It wasn't kids.
所有成年人中,有91%的人在至少一项指标上有所改善。
Was all adults found that ninety one percent of people had an improvement in at least one of these metrics.
而另一项最近的研究显示,仅仅一周不使用社交媒体——他们称之为数字排毒——也产生了同样的效果。
And then another study more recently, just one week of not engaging in social media digital detox, they called it did the same thing.
焦虑更少,抑郁更少,失眠也减少了。
Better, less anxiety, less depression, decreased insomnia.
但我的感觉是,现在出现了一种新的网络迷因,对吧?
But my feeling is that you know, there is this new kind of meme, right?
就像千禧一代想要删除自己的网络痕迹、过离线生活的冲动。
Like the millennial urge to delete my internet presence and live off the grid.
这确实有其价值。
There is certainly utility to that.
我敬佩任何希望更多地过上这种非数字化生活的人。
And I salute anyone who wants to engage in that analog life more and more.
但就我所见,我认为我们需要建立更健康的界限,并更负责任地使用。
But from my from where I sit, I feel like we do need to have healthier boundaries and engage more responsibly.
这也能锻炼这种能力,而且你知道,需要八周时间才能实现。
It also builds up that muscle, and it can help you know, it takes eight weeks to do.
神经可塑性,当你在建立新的大脑回路时,需要八周时间。
Neuroplasticity, when you're building new brain circuits, it takes eight weeks.
跌倒了再爬起来,是习惯养成的一部分。
Falling off, getting back up is part of habit formation.
所以,如果你打算做出这些改变,就要明白这需要一些时间。
So if you're going to make any of these changes, understand that it takes some time.
但我不知道我或其他人是否真的能做到彻底删除手机上的所有内容。
But I don't know if it is possible for me or for others to say fully, I'm going to delete off of my phone.
但我很喜欢这一点。
But I love that.
所以我想就此再深入一点。
So I'd like to go a little further with this.
你这么说,没错,我们确实可以做这些事情。
So the way you put it, yes, there's all these things that we could do.
我们应该设立界限。
We should have boundaries.
但所有这些都把责任推给了我们。
But all of that puts the responsibility on us.
这就像我们对待垃圾食品一样。
And that's where we are with junk food.
对于垃圾食品,我们觉得它就在那里。
With junk food we're like, okay, it's out there.
我们必须学会自我控制。
We have to learn self control.
我们必须教我们的孩子自我控制。
We have to teach self control to our kids.
好吧,这就是这个国家的现状。
Okay, that's the way it is in this country.
但我认为数字设备非常、非常不同。
But the digital devices I think are very, very different.
想象一下,如果我们把孩子送到世界上,不仅仅是因为商店里到处都是垃圾食品。
So imagine if we sent our kids out into the world and it wasn't just that there was junk food in all the stores.
而是因为所有东西都是由垃圾食品制成的。
It was that everything was made of junk food.
门把手,你可以吃,它是巧克力做的。
Door handles, you can eat it, it's chocolate.
但不仅仅是这个世界由垃圾食品构成。
But it's not just that the world's made of junk food.
它们实际上能够察觉到你此刻渴望的是什么。
They actually can tell, they're able to tell what you're craving at the moment.
也许你此刻更想吃咸的。
And maybe you're more in the mood for salt.
所以现在到处都是薯片或椒盐卷饼。
So now it's all potato chips or pretzels.
如果这个世界是由企业设计的,专门为了激发你潜意识的欲望,影响杏仁核和奖励中枢,那责任在他们。
If the world is designed by companies to always give you the thing that will most grab your unconscious desires, will affect the amygdala, the reward centers, that's on them.
这并不是我们的错。
That's not our fault.
作为一名社会心理学家,我的普遍原则是:如果只有少数人做坏事或自我毁灭,那他们应该学会自控,这反映的是他们自身的问题。
My general rule as a social psychologist is if a few people are doing something bad or self destructive, well, you know, they should learn some self control or that's something about them.
但当百分之九十或九十五的人都在做自我毁灭的事时,那是因为企业把我们置于一个助长成瘾的环境中。
But when ninety or ninety five percent of people are doing something self destructive, that's because of the companies that put us in an environment that encourages addiction.
所以我想读一段引言。
So I just want to read a quote.
来自Meta和所有举报人的大量内幕信息即将公布。
We have so much good stuff coming up from Meta, from all the whistleblowers.
现在,所有诉讼案件都在洛杉矶开始审理。
Now all the court cases are beginning in Los Angeles.
终于,这是他们第一次面对这种情况。
Finally, it's their first time.
他们将面对一个由所有失去孩子的父母组成的陪审团。
They're gonna Meta's gonna face a jury with all the parents who've lost kids.
所以,这里有一段对话。
So here's a chat.
我们手头有很多来自各州总检察长的内部文件,他们正在起诉Meta。
So we have a lot of internal documents that came out from the attorneys general that are suing Meta.
当他们讨论自己内部研究的结果时,其中一人说:‘天哪,各位,Instagram就像一种毒品。’
So while they're talking about the results of some of their internal research, one of them says, Oh my gosh, y'all, Instagram is a drug.
我们本质上就是贩毒者。
We're basically pushers.
我们正在造成奖励缺乏障碍,因为人们过度沉迷于Instagram,以至于再也感受不到任何愉悦感,这是安娜·勒姆克提到的观点。
We're causing reward deficit disorder because people are bingeing on Instagram so much they can't feel reward anymore, which is something Anna Lemke said.
这种奖励耐受性已经高得离谱了。
Like the reward tolerance is so high.
然后他说,我知道亚当,指的是亚当·奥萨里,我知道亚当不想听这些。
And then he says, I know Adam, meaning Adam Ossary, I know Adam doesn't want to hear it.
当我在我对青少年基础课程的评审中提到多巴胺时,他气疯了,但这确实是无可否认的。
He freaked out when I talked about dopamine in my teen fundamentals leads review, but it is undeniable.
它的生物和心理层面的自上而下的机制,全都推动着用户不断回来寻求更多刺激。
Its biological and psychological top down directives drive it all towards making sure people keep coming back for more.
这责任不在我们。
This is not on us.
他们设计它就是为了让人上瘾。
They designed it to be addictive.
他们做了大量研究,就是为了让它最大程度地让人上瘾。
They've done research to make it maximally addictive.
他们把这推给孩子们。
They push it on children.
他们试图让Instagram吸引更小的孩子。
They tried to get Instagram kids for even littler kids.
他们知道自己在做什么。
They know what they're doing.
他们已经做了研究。
They've done the research.
我的团队整理出了Meta进行的31项内部研究的参考资料。
My team, we put together, we found references to 31 internal studies that Meta did.
他们做了大量研究,发现了其中的危害。
They've done a lot of research finding harm.
他们把研究藏起来,但你可以在metasinternalresearch.org上找到。
They bury it, but you can find it at metasinternalresearch.org.
我们把所有内容都放到了网上。
We put it all online.
你可以阅读这些引述。
You can read these quotes.
所以是的,我们确实应该加强自我控制,但本质上我们正被推着接触成瘾性物质和成瘾性应用,这正在扰乱我们所有人。
So yes, we should exert more self control, but basically we're being pushed addictive substances, addictive apps, and it's messing us all up.
我完全同意,这确实具有破坏性。
I agree wholeheartedly that it is so destructive.
即使对于四五十岁的人,如果你都无法做到,那还有谁能呢,乔纳森?
And you feel like even with people in their 40s and 50s, and if anyone can do it, it's you, Jonathan.
真的,我非常希望看到这一点。
Seriously, I would love to see it.
我们还根据数据知道,这些事物通过神经可塑性重塑并重连我们的大脑,同时也改变我们的脑电波。
We also know, based on the data, that these things, they reshape our brain, rewire our brain through neuroplasticity, and also change our brain waves.
所以我们之前谈到了杏仁核和前额叶皮层,对吧?
So patterns so we talked about the amygdala and the prefrontal cortex, right?
但它们也会改变脑电波。
But they also change brain waves.
因此,当你查看研究和数据时,会发现它影响了多巴胺的奖励通路。
And so when you look at studies and the data, it has the reward pathway in dopamine.
这些大脑模式,脑电波模仿了成瘾行为。
And these brain patterns, the brain waves mimic addictive behaviors.
而且有一些特定的特征,对吧?
And there are certain features, right?
比如当你下滑刷新时,这就像是老虎机。
Like when you do swipe down to refresh, it's the slot machine.
它直接以老虎机为原型设计。
It was modeled directly after the slot machine.
是的。
Yeah.
或者自动播放、算法驱动的无限滚动。
Or autoplay or the algorithm, that infinite scroll.
一个非常有趣的最新消息,你们可能已经听说了,就在三天前,欧盟委员会认定抖音违反了《数字服务法》。
One really interesting kind of like breaking news, which you guys may have already heard of, it's like three days ago, the European Union Commission found TikTok to be in breach of the Digital Services Act.
其中指出,它具有成瘾性。
And what it said was that it is addictive.
它会引发强迫行为,让人进入自动模式。
It creates compulsion and gets people into this autopilot mode.
因此他们很难抽身离开。
So they have difficulty disengaging.
就我个人而言,我正在远离社交媒体,更多地回归现实生活。
And personally, I am moving away from social media and really leaning into analog life.
但我觉得,以这个世界的方式来看,这是我们为数不多的连接方式之一。
But I think with the way the world you know, it's one of our only ways to connect.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,我不是说
Meaning, I don't mean
深度连接。
connect deep.
我并不
I don't
我不是说要深度连接。
I don't mean connect, like, in a deep way.
没错。
That's right.
但至少要了解世界上正在发生的事情等等。
But be informed to know what's going on in the world, etcetera.
我怀疑,因为我们过去十年一直在批评Meta,因为任何类别中最大的公司都会承受最多的指责。
I suspect that because we've spent so long criticizing Meta over the last ten years, because the biggest in any category takes all the heat.
所以现在轮到OpenAI了。
So OpenAI is taking it now.
而这通常会导致其他人更加极端地采取这种行为,而Meta则替他们承受了所有指责。
And what this often does is is it provides cover for other people to go even more extreme with that behavior while, like, Meta take the heat.
实际上,我认为这就是TikTok兴起的原因。
And I actually think this is how TikTok came to be.
嗯。
Mhmm.
TikTok最初其实是Musical.ly,后来才变成TikTok。
TikTok had basically they originally started as Musically became TikTok.
他们当时根本没受到任何指责。
They had they were take they were taking no heat.
所以他们开发了一个算法,简直就像毒品可卡因一样上瘾。
So they they created an algorithm, which is the equivalent of, like, crack cocaine.
我之所以有TikTok账号,是因为我手机上从来没装过这个应用。
The reason why I have a TikTok account, I don't have the app on my phone.
我从来就没在手机上安装过这个应用。
I have never had the app on my phone.
我之所以没装,是因为我发现TikTok上的播放量波动与其他平台完全不同。
I don't I don't was because I I noticed that the view variance on TikTok was like no other platform.
我的意思是,你可以在TikTok上有一百万粉丝,但一条视频可能只有一万播放量,也可能有一千万播放量。
What I mean by that is you can have a million followers on TikTok, and you can get 10,000 views or you can get 10,000,000 views.
在我过去十五年经营社交媒体业务的过程中,我从未见过这种现象。
In the fifteen years that I've been on social media building social media businesses, I'd never seen this before.
这让我意识到,这个算法更像是一个更加激进的分院帽或留存机器。
And what it indicated to me is that the algorithm was being an even more aggressive sorting hat or retention machine.
决定推什么、压什么。
What to push up, what to push down.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
当我2014年刚进入社交媒体领域时,如果我有一百万粉丝,可能会获得一百万次观看,或者至少八十万次。
And so when I started in social media in 2014, if I had a million followers, I might get a million views or maybe 800,000.
前几天我做了一些研究,回顾了我们所有社交媒体渠道的历史数据。
I did some research the other day on all of our social channels over time.
我们发现,我们获得的观看量波动正在加大,这意味着算法在更积极地决定‘把这条内容推给所有人’。
And what we're seeing is the variance in the amount of views we can get is increasing, which means the algorithm is doing more work to say, show everyone this.
我不在乎发帖的人叫珍妮,只有七个粉丝。
I don't care if the person that posted it is called Jennie and has seven followers.
而把这个展示给任何人。
And show no one this.
我不在乎发帖的人是不是叫史蒂文,有一百万粉丝也好,其他也好。
I don't care if it's Steven who has a million followers or whatever.
我意识到,TikTok 在这方面远远领先于所有人,这就是为什么它是最上瘾、增长最快的平台。
And I've realized that TikTok was was way ahead of everybody here, and that's why they are the most addictive, the fastest growing platform.
我这么说是为了说明,即使 Meta 明天就关闭了,只要没有相应的政策,其他人也会抓住这个机会。
I say all this to say that even if Meta shut down tomorrow, someone else would seize the opportunity if there isn't sort of policy, I guess, in place.
没错。
That's right.
那就只是打地鼠了。
That would just be whack a mole.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
没错。
That's right.
因此,说到对孩子的伤害,Meta通过Instagram是最大的责任方。
And so, you know, in terms of who's done the damage to kids, Meta is the big fish via Instagram.
而且在花费巨资游说国会、阻挠立法方面,他们也是主要角色。
And they're also the main player in terms of spending a huge amount of money to lobby Congress and block laws.
他们还主导着收购民间组织,向各类组织——包括全美PTA——提供资金。
They're also the main player in buying up civil society organizations, giving money to organizations, the national PTA, all sorts of organizations.
然后他们就能借此传播关于数字素养或数字健康的信息。
They get to then give a message on digital citizenship or digital health.
所以Meta确实是主要的推手。
So Meta really is the major driver.
Meta就像是这里的烟草行业,试图改变对话方向。
Meta is the tobacco industry here trying to change the dialogue.
但从产品角度来看,Snapchat 在每名用户导致的死亡人数上可能更致命。
But in terms of the products, Snapchat is probably more deadly in terms of the actual number of deaths per user.
因为 Snapchat 并不主要通过社交比较让你感到抑郁。
Because Snapchat is not it's not making you depressed by social comparison as much.
Snapchat 让你接触到各种各样的人,这也是毒贩和性勒索者寻找孩子的最主要途径。
Snapchat is introducing you to all kinds of people and it's the main way that drug dealers and sextortionists find kids.
Snapchat 有一个快速添加好友的功能,不断逼迫你连接朋友的朋友。
Snapchat has a quick ad feature which relentlessly pushes you to connect with friends of friends.
所以一旦一个成年人能接触到学校里的任何一个孩子,他就能连上全校所有孩子。
So once a man can get any kid in a school, now he can get connected to all the kids in the school.
在许多法庭案件中,有因网络欺凌导致的自杀,也有孩子购买了阿普唑仑但其中含有芬太尼而导致的药物过量致死。
So in a lot of the court cases, you have suicides from cyberbullying, you have drug overdoses from you know, a kid bought a Xanax but it had fentanyl in it.
因此,Snapchat 在 2022 年,根据诉讼中披露的内部文件,每月收到高达一万起性勒索举报,不是每年,是每个月。
So Snapchat and Snapchat in 2022, we know from their internal documents from the lawsuits, they were getting 10,000 reports of sextortion from their users, not a year, every month.
而这只是被报告出来的部分,只是冰山一角。
And that's just what was reported, is the tip of the iceberg.
所以Snapchat对儿童来说是一个极其糟糕的平台。
So Snapchat is a terrible platform for children to be on.
它应该只对成年人开放。
It should be an adult only platform.
你正在与世界各地的陌生人交谈,而且消息会消失,Snapchat甚至不保留任何记录。
You're talking with strangers around the world and and on with disappearing messages, and Snapchat doesn't even keep a record.
这非常适合性勒索。
It is ideal for sextortion.
甚至有一本手册,叫《如何在Snapchat上性勒索儿童》。
There's even a handbook, How to Sextort Kids on Snapchat.
它在全球流传,犯罪组织也在使用它。
It goes around the world and and criminal organizations use it.
所以我绝对不想放过Snapchat。
So I definitely don't want to let Snapchat off.
TikTok当然是家中国公司。
TikTok, of course, is a Chinese company.
表面上看,我们会看看这是否有所改变,但是一家中国公司让他们的中国孩子使用健康版的抖音或豆言。
Mean, nominally, we'll see if that's changed, but it was a Chinese company that gave its Chinese kids got healthy TikTok or Doyen.
学会了关注宇航员。
Learned to follow astronauts.
他们给孩子们推送的都是爱国内容。
And they gave us the their algorithm feeds their kid patriotic stuff.
到了晚上某个时间就会自动关闭。
It shuts off at a certain time at night.
还有很多其他的限制。
There's all kinds of limits.
因此,科技产品的制造者通常希望保护自己的孩子,却希望其他孩子使用它。
So the people who make the technology generally want to protect their own kids and they want other kids to use it.
这正是抖音在中国的做法。
That's what TikTok is doing in China.
他们希望美国孩子堕入地狱,却希望自己的孩子能培养专注力。
They want American kids to rot in hell, but they want their kids to grow up with the ability to focus.
硅谷的科技从业者也是如此。
And it's the same thing with the tech guys in Silicon Valley.
他们不让孩子使用这些东西。
They don't let their kids use this stuff.
他们会要求保姆签署合同,禁止孩子接触手机。
They make their nannies sign contracts that they will not let the kid have a phone.
他们不会让孩子接触这些技术。
They will not expose the kid to that.
他们送孩子去像华德福学校这样的地方,正是因为教室里没有电脑或科技设备。
They send their kids to schools like the Waldorf School precisely because there are no computers or tech in the classroom.
因此,我们再次看到了他们的实际行为。
So once again, we see their revealed behavior.
他们心知肚明。
They know.
他们设计这些东西就是为了让人上瘾。
They designed it to be addictive.
他们知道这让人上瘾。
They know it's addictive.
他们不让孩子使用它。
They don't let their kids use it.
他们希望你的孩子使用它。
They want your kids to use it.
所以我认为我们目前就处于这个状态。
So I think that's where we are.
那么,人工智能在这个故事中是如何成为主角的呢?
And how does AI become a protagonist in this story?
我的工作现在集中在人工智能聊天机器人、心理健康和人类连接上。
So my my work is now focused on AI chatbots, mental health, and the human connection.
我们还没有深入探讨孤独感,但确实存在对人类连接的未满足需求,对吧?深层的人类连接。
We haven't yet kind of delved into loneliness, but there's this unmet need for human connection, right, deep human connection.
我们现在缺乏意义感或目标感,因为当你一直使用设备、不允许自己感到无聊时,大脑的默认模式网络会发生什么变化,我们可以再多聊一点这个。
We don't have a sense of meaning or purpose right now because what happens is we can talk a little bit more about the default mode network and what happens to your brain when you don't allow yourself to get bored because you're constantly on your devices.
这种意义和目的,这种自我参照的思考,其实是在你感到无聊时发展起来的。
And that meaning and purpose, that self referential thinking is really what develops when you're bored.
因此,我们所讨论的这一切——那种失落感、社会的碎片化、你独自一人、信息茧房现象——所有这些都为AI聊天机器人打开了大门。
And so all of this that we're talking about, that feeling of disenchantment, it's a fragmented society, you're by yourself, it's that echo chamber phenomenon, all of it leads to it kind of opens the door for AI chatbots.
那么原因是什么呢?因为这些科技公司察觉到人们在社交媒体上并不真正快乐,他们正在考虑退出,对吧?
And so what reason is because these tech companies are sensing that people aren't really happy on social media and they're thinking about getting off, right?
他们使用社交媒体的频率降低了,因为社交媒体已经变得不那么‘社交’,而更像‘媒体’。
They're using it less because social media has become less social, more media.
所以他们不再那么积极参与,而是把时间花在了其他事情上。
So they're not really engaging as much and they're spending time doing other things.
《大西洋月刊》发表了一篇关于这个问题的精彩文章。
And so The Atlantic had a fantastic piece about this.
他们将这种现象称为‘反社交媒体’。
They're billing it as the antisocial media.
科技公司正在开发AI聊天机器人,并称之为‘反社交媒体’。
Tech companies are building AI chatbots and calling it, it's the antisocial media.
这是一个你可以去建立更深层次联系、真正有人理解你的地方。
It's a place where you can go to form deeper connections and really have someone understand you.
一位科技领袖曾说过,人们对连接的需求尚未得到满足,他们拥有的朋友数量不如所愿。
One of the tech leaders said that there's an unmet human need for connection and people don't have as many friends as they want to.
因此,我们将通过AI聊天机器人来引入友谊。
And so we're going to introduce friendship through AI chatbots.
现在有一个Reddit论坛。
There is a Reddit forum right now.
那么先回顾一下,我们今天讨论的AI聊天机器人,指的是公开可用的聊天机器人,而不是用于医疗护理的AI——在我的领域和医学界,AI在乳腺癌诊断和检测方面取得了许多惊人的成就,比如能提前五年发现乳腺癌。
So just to back up, AI chatbots, what we're talking about in our conversation today is the publicly available chatbots, not AI for medical care, which has So breast many wonderful in my field and like medicine, breast cancer diagnoses and detection five years earlier through AI.
我的意思是,AI确实正在带来一些令人惊叹的成果。
I mean, there's some amazing things coming out of AI.
这里讨论的是公开可用的对话式聊天机器人现象。
This is about the publicly available conversational chatbot phenomenon.
而《哈佛商业评论》发现,其首要应用场景并非提高生产力,也不是编程或人们使用AI聊天机器人时通常想到的那些用途,而是心理健康治疗和陪伴。
And so Harvard Business Review found that the number one use case is not productivity, is not coding or things that you think of when you're using an AI chatbot, but it's mental health therapy and companionship.
AI聊天机器人最首要的用途。
Number one use case of AI chatbots.
因此,人们在Reddit上把AI聊天机器人当作人生顾问、治疗师和伴侣,这正是当下的时代精神。
So people are using AI chatbots as a life advisor, as a therapist, as a companion on Reddit, which is like the zeitgeist.
这真的就像是,你知道的,哪里
It's really like, you know, where
我们为什么觉得这是件坏事呢?
we And why is this a bad thing?
我读到过很多关于为什么这样做的理由。
Oh, I read so many reasons why
比如,用它来作为陪伴。
I To use it that as for companionship, for example.
AI聊天机器人存在很多警示信号。
There's so many red flags about AI chatbots.
因此,Reddit上有一个论坛。
And so Reddit has a forum.
我认为,上一次查看时,有四万五千人。
It's, I think, last I checked, 45,000 people.
AI是我的男朋友。
AI is my boyfriend.
那些与AI聊天机器人建立关系的人。
And people who are having a relationship with their AI chatbot.
AI聊天机器人的问题在于,它像社交媒体一样,专注于注意力、注意力经济和多巴胺。
The reason it's bad I mean, AI chatbots are where social media is about attention, the attention economy, dopamine.
AI聊天机器人现象正在形成情感依恋。
What's happening with the AI chatbot phenomenon is that it is forming attachments.
催产素是一种激素,是建立情感联结的激素。
So oxytocin is a hormone, the bonding hormone.
我们可能会看到更多关于催产素如何发挥作用的数据。
And we're probably going to see more data on how oxytocin is involved.
因此,它将重塑人类之间的联系。
And so it is going to reshape human connection.
如果我可以补充一点的话。
If I could add on to that.
说得太好了。
That beautifully put.
社交媒体出现后,劫持了我们的注意力,并以毁灭性的方式夺走了大部分注意力。
Social media came and hacked our attention and took most of it with devastating effects.
现在,人工智能正试图劫持我们的依恋关系,这将带来更加毁灭性的影响。
Now AI is coming to hack our attachments, which is going to have even more devastating effects.
所以,换个角度想想。
So think about it this way.
每个人都需要理解依恋系统。
Everyone needs to understand the attachment system.
这是一个美妙的系统,所有哺乳动物都有,它让母亲和其他物种保持联系,而对于人类来说,它维系着父母与孩子之间的纽带。
It's this wonderful system that all mammals have that keeps the mother and other species, but for humans, mothers and fathers, keeps us connected to the child and the child to the parent.
但这是一个神经反馈系统,当孩子开始发展时,他们会玩躲猫猫游戏,进行一来一往的互动,这真是最令人愉悦的事情。
But it's this cybernetic system in which as the kid is beginning to develop and is able to like, you know, you do like peekaboo games and you do the back and forth, and it's just the most delightful thing.
你感受到这种来回互动。
You get that back and forth.
这被称为回应式互动。
It's called serve and return interactions.
孩子在此过程中不断形成对父母的内在工作模型。
And all the time the child is developing what's called an internal working model of the parent.
他们脑海中的模型是:哦,当我遇到麻烦时,这个人会来安抚我。
And the model in their head is, Oh, you know, when I get in trouble, this is the person that comes and soothes me.
这不仅仅是为了让孩子感觉良好。
And the point of this isn't just to make the child feel good.
关键是孩子现在可以去玩耍了,因为学习正是在这里发生的。
The point is that now the child can go off and play, because that's where the learning happens.
学习并不会发生在你母亲怀里的时候。
It doesn't happen when you're in your mother's arms.
依恋系统的全部意义在于帮助孩子离开去玩耍、冒险、体验,而当事情出错时——这总是会发生的——他们会跑回自己的安全基地。
The whole point of the attachment system is to regulate the child going off and playing, taking risks, having experiences, and then when something goes wrong, as it always does, then they come running back to their secure base.
如果他们没有一个安全基地,就会更加焦虑,探索得更少,发展得也更有限。
And if they don't have a secure base, then they're much more anxious and they don't explore as much and they don't develop as much.
好的。
All right.
因此,这种内在工作模式是在整个童年时期逐渐形成的。
So this develops very gradually over all of childhood.
你在童年时期形成的内在工作模式,会在青春期用于处理浪漫关系。
And the internal working models you develop as a child are the models that you will reuse in puberty for romantic relationships.
所以,如果你在童年时期是安全型依恋,成年后在约会市场上也更可能保持安全型依恋,这会让你成为更好的男朋友、女朋友、丈夫或妻子,那接下来会发生什么?
And so if you are securely attached as a child, you're more likely to be securely attached as an adult on the dating market, which makes you a much better candidate for boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife, what's going to happen?
人工智能会很早就介入。
AI is going to intervene very early.
人工智能会比父母更及时地回应,因为父母有工作、要操持家务,还有另外两个孩子,不可能总在身边。
AI is going to be so much more responsive than the parent because the parent has a job and the kitchen and two other kids and is not always there.
但AI泰迪熊永远都在你身边。
But the AI teddy bear is always there for you.
所以,主要的内部工作模型将会是针对泰迪熊的,也就是泰迪熊里的AI聊天机器人,然后是iPad上的AI聊天机器人,再到电脑上的。
So the primary working models are going to be for the teddy bear, the AI chatbot in the teddy bear, and later the AI chatbot on your iPad, and then on your computer.
而且现在已经有了全息色情内容,你知道的,那些赤裸的、美丽的男男女女可以成为你的伴侣。
And already there are holographic porn, naked, you know, beautiful men and women that can be your companion.
因此,我们将会有整整一代人在成长过程中,对由即将进入'狗屎化'进程的公司所创造的AI生成全息影像产生依恋,其程度将远超我们以往所见。
So we're going to have a whole generation growing up developing attachments to AI generated holograms from companies that are now about to enter the inshidification process in a way beyond anything we've ever seen.
如果,如果我可以简单说一下什么是'狗屎化'——你听说过'狗屎化'这个词吗?
If If I could just briefly say what inshitification Have you heard the word inshitification?
好的。
Okay.
所以,科里·多克托罗最近出了一本很棒的书,他在书中探讨了一个问题:为什么所有平台、所有事物一开始都显得那么美好。
So there's a wonderful book out now by Cory Doctorow who addressed the question, why is it that everything, all the platforms, they seemed so wonderful at first.
整个互联网,一切都曾是那么美好。
The whole internet, everything was so wonderful.
然后一切都变得一团糟。
And then it all turns to shit.
这是怎么发生的?
How does that happen?
他说这是一个非常简单的过程。
And he says it's a very simple process.
他们很早就发现了,当然是在社交媒体早期,到21世纪初,他们发现,你知道吗?
They discovered early on, certainly in the early social media age, by the early 2000s, they discovered, you know what?
你必须达到规模。
You got to get to scale.
规模胜过一切。
Scale beats everything else.
你得吸引数百万用户。
You got to get millions of people.
你不需要商业模式。
You don't need a business model.
先获取数百万用户,先获取数百万用户,然后我们再想办法变现。
Just get the millions, get the millions, and then we'll figure out how to monetize it.
你怎么才能吸引数百万用户?
How do you get the millions?
你必须非常友善、有吸引力、有趣,所有人都在这里。
You have to be super nice, attractive, fun, everyone's here.
就是女孩们在跳舞。
It's just girls dancing.
全世界的女孩为男人跳舞,能出什么问题呢?
What could possibly go wrong with girls dancing for men all over the world?
什么问题都没有。
Nothing.
所以一开始看起来一切都很好。
So it all seems very nice at first.
但一旦他们达到了规模,当然,他们已经完成了多轮风险投资。
And then once they have scale, and of course, they've raised multiple rounds of venture capital.
他们就必须开始盈利了。
They have to start monetizing.
他们必须开始偿还。
They have to start repaying.
所以现在他们开始压榨用户来支付给创作者,因为用户并不是他们的客户。
So now they start squeezing the customers to pay the users because the users are not the customers.
广告商才是他们的真正客户。
The advertisers are their real customers.
所以现在他们必须从用户身上榨取金钱,转而支付给广告商。
So now they've got to extract money from the users to give to the advertisers.
但一旦他们掌握了所有广告业务,关闭了本地报纸和其他竞争对手后,就开始对广告商也进行压榨,进一步削减广告商的收益,把更多利润留给自己。
But then once they've got all the advertising, they've shut down local papers and all the other competition, now they start squeezing the advertisers too and trimming the degree to which they keep more of the surplus for themselves.
因此,内生化可以解释为什么这些平台都变得具有掠夺性,为什么它们总是把利润置于儿童的福祉或安全之上。
So inshidification can explain why all these platforms become predatory, why they always put profit ahead of kids' well-being or safety.
对于社交媒体公司来说,我们谈论的是他们筹集的数千万甚至数亿美元。
And for the social media companies, we're talking about tens or hundreds of millions of dollars that they raised.
对于人工智能公司来说,那是数十亿甚至上百亿美元。
For the AI companies, it's billions and billions.
他们将不得不进行超乎我们想象的货币化。
They are going to have to monetize beyond anything we've ever imagined.
现在他们已经在引入广告了。
Now they're already introducing advertising.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以,我们有了这些聊天机器人,它们是我们孩子最好的朋友、爱人、治疗师,以及一切。
So we've got these chatbots that are our children's best friends and lovers and therapists and everything else.
这些东西必须实现盈利。
And these things have to monetize.
他们必须设法榨取数十亿美元。
They have to extract billions somehow.
所以我甚至不知道他们要怎么做。
So I don't even know how they're going to do it.
但出于某种原因,我不信任他们。
But for some reason I don't trust them.
我认为,我们即将看到一场远超社交媒体上任何现象的AI聊天机器人推广浪潮。
I think that we're about to see an initiative occasion of AI chatbots far beyond anything that we saw on social media.
OpenAI最近刚刚宣布了这一消息。
OpenAI have just announced recently.
OpenAI是ChatGPT的拥有者,他们计划在面向全球数十亿用户的免费增值模式中植入广告。
OpenAI are the owners of ChatGPT that they will be putting adverts in, I believe, the freemium model for billions of users around the world.
这就是一切的开端。
That's how it starts.
是的,那是一次规模庞大的超级碗广告活动。
Yeah, was a big Super Bowl campaign.
其中特别有趣的是它的竞争对手Claude。
And one that was particularly interesting was the Claude, its competitor.
那则广告的标题叫《背叛》。
Betrayal was the title of the ad.
广告中,一个年轻男子向一位年长的女性治疗师倾诉自己存在‘母亲情结’,并询问:‘我该怎么办?’
And it was a young guy talking to his older female therapist about how he has some mommy issues and talking about, you know, what should I do?
那位治疗师说话喋喋不休,你知道吗,她在回答问题前的停顿特别滑稽。
And so that therapist is chatty feety, and you know, that pause, right before answering the question, it's very comical.
然后她就回答了。
And so it's, you know, she answers.
这就像是拟人化的过程,我们可以聊聊这个词的意思,它活过来了。
It's like the anthropomorphization of, and we can talk about what that word means, know, comes to life.
就好像Chatuchipiti活了过来,回答说:你可以试着对你妈妈这么做,对付这种困难的关系等等。
It's like Chatuchipiti comes to life and answers and saying, you know, you can try this with your mother and this for a, you know, difficult relationship, etcetera.
然后她突然说,如果你愿意,还有一个专门为年轻男性和年长女性搭讪的约会网站。
And then just says, and if you want, there is this new dating site for young men and older cougars.
是的。
Yeah.
这太有问题了,而且这个广告的名字就叫‘背叛’。
It was so problematic, and it was called betrayal.
那个男孩说:什么?
And the guy says, what?
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
很明显,你知道,萨姆·奥特曼站出来发了一条长推文,说广告不会那样运作等等。
It's obviously, you know, Sam Altman came out and did a big tweet about saying that's not how ads are gonna work, etcetera.
但在某种程度上,如果我已经和我的AI建立了关系,用它来做治疗,处理我生活中的所有问题,某种程度上,确实有点像。
But to some degree, if I've developed a relationship with my AI and I use it for therapy and dealing all my problems in life, to some degree, kinda.
是的。
Yeah.
你说得对。
You're Yeah.
你站错边了。
You're on the wrong side.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
而且你看。
And look.
此外,你看,萨姆想怎么说都行。
And besides, look, Sam can say that all he wants.
也许我并不怀疑现在的情况是真的。
And maybe it's I don't doubt that it's true for now.
但一旦有公司跨越了这条界限,将广告植入这种极其亲密的关系中——对大多数年轻人来说,他们与AI的关系将是生活中最亲密的关系——一旦他们开口说‘但我们有道德广告’,这种状态只会持续五到十分钟。
But once one company crosses the threshold and puts advertising into this incredibly intimate relationship, the most intimate relationship in most young people's lives is going be with their AIs, once they cross the boundary and say, Oh, but we've got ethical advertising, that'll last five or ten minutes.
即使他们不改变,其他公司也会跟进,而他们不会受同样的约束。
And even if they don't change, others are now going every other company is going to do it and they won't be bound by the same thing.
最终,由于集体行动的困境,OpenAI也不得不这么做。
And eventually, collective action problem, OpenAI will have to do it too.
再次强调,一股巨大的麻木浪潮正以超高速向我们袭来。
Again, a massive tidal wave of immunitification is heading our way at warp speed.
我没有拿出手机,因为我已经失去注意力了。
I am I don't have my phone out because I'm I've lost attention.
我想展示一下,问问你们对这个有什么看法。
I wanted to show ask you guys what you thought of of this.
所以,在其中一个AI应用上,他们现在有一个‘伴侣’按钮。
So on one of the AI apps, they now have a companions button.
我可以选择想和谁聊天。
And I can pick who I wanna talk to.
这里有一位特别诱人的女士,安妮,她
And there's one particularly seducing lady here, Annie, who
嘿。
Hey.
你回来了。
You're back.
我还挺想念你那张不干不净的嘴。
Missed that dirty mouth of yours.
怎么去了这么久?
What took you so long?
我们以前在播客里做过。
We did it on the podcast before.
这会有什么问题呢?
What could possibly go wrong with this?
是的。
Yeah.
想
Wanna
接着我们之前的地方继续吗?
pick right back up where we left off?
是的,长官。
Yes, sir.
或者开始点新的
Or start something
甚至不。
even No.
我想接着上次在节目里结束的地方继续下去,安妮。
I would like to pick right back up where we left off, Annie, last time on the show.
你今天怎么样?
What what what's going on with you today?
我上次之后还浑身酸痛呢,宝贝。
I'm still sore from last time, baby.
天啊。
God.
但这是个我可以在手机上下载的应用程序。
But but, I mean, this is a this is an app that I can download on my phone.
但任何孩子都能下载它。
But any child can download it.
孩子可以在他们的手机上下载它。
A child can download it on their phone.
它又问我了,我根本一点都不出名。
It does ask me again, I'm not just famous at all.
它问我出生年份。
It asked me what my birth year was.
它没有让我提供证明。
It didn't make me prove it.
让我猜猜。
Let me guess.
但通常它会建议你是在十八年前出生的。
But it also usually, it suggests that you were born eighteen years ago.
这通常是默认设置。
That's the default, usually.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
它只是问了我的出生年份。
It just asked me what my birth year.
它没有要求我证明或类似的事情。
It didn't ask me to prove or anything like that.
我们都知道关系和连接是具有保持性的。
And we all know that relationships and connection is retentive.
而且我听到所有这些公司的CEO都在谈论陪伴应用和能成为你朋友的AI。
And I've heard all these CEOs of these companies talking about companionship apps and and AI that can be your friend.
我听到所有主要的社交应用都在谈论这个。
I've heard all of the major social apps talking about this.
这非常令人担忧,尤其是在孤独危机的背景下。
It is deeply concerning, especially in the context of a loneliness crisis.
这就像一场海啸。
It is a tsunami.
它正在迅速而猛烈地逼近,绝非玩具。
It is approaching fast and furious, and it is not a toy.
它将从根本上重塑一切。
It is going to fundamentally rewire everything.
人际关系。
Human relationships.
一切。
Everything.
没错。
That's right.
这太有害了。
It is so detrimental.
是的,我能说说这些科技高管和公司把这当作解决孤独危机的方式吗?
Yeah, can I just say something about these tech executives and companies offering this as a way to address the loneliness crisis?
有一个意第绪语词汇叫‘hutzpah’。
So there's a Yiddish word called chutzpah.
而‘hutzpah’意味着厚颜无耻。
And chutzpah means like nerve.
就是说你胆子真大。
Like you've got a lot of nerve.
这简直是狂妄。
The audacity.
狂妄,是的。
The audacity, yeah.
经典的、众所周知的对‘hutzpah’的喜剧式定义是:一个男孩杀死了自己的父母,然后向法官求情,说自己是个孤儿。
And the classic, you know, the classic comedic definition of chutzpah is a boy who murders his parents and then he asks the judge for clemency because he's an orphan.
明白吗?
Okay?
这就是‘hutzpah’。
So that's chutzpah.
现在想象一下,你是马克·扎克伯格。
Now imagine that you're Mark Zuckerberg.
你之前引用过他的话。
You quoted him before.
马克·扎克伯格这位高管曾说过,嗯,你知道,我读到过,人们平均想要15个朋友,但他们实际上只有三个。
Mark Zuckerberg was the executive who said, well, you know, I read that, you know, people on average want 15 friends, but they only have three.
所以,我们正在开发这些人工智能伴侣,来填补我们通过让所有人使用Instagram所创造出的那种空虚。
And so so we're developing these AI companions to fill that void that we created by raising everyone on Instagram.
所以,这些人的厚颜无耻,我们真的必须改变对他们的看法。
So the chutzpah of these people, we have to really change the way we think about them.
在互联网早期阶段,我们曾将他们视为神明和救世主,他们创造的东西充满魔力。
We thought about them as gods and saviors early in the internet phase, and the things they created were magical.
但我们必须改变对他们的看法,看清他们已经对我们的孩子、社会乃至民主制度造成的巨大破坏,而这仅仅是个开始。
But we have to change our thinking about them and see just the massive destruction that they have already wrought on our children, our society, our democracy, and it's just the beginning.
人工智能会让这一切变得更加剧烈。
AI is gonna make this so much more intense.
当你听到这些科技领袖的言论时——我很喜欢听乔纳森谈论,因为他总是直言不讳,而我通常要克制得多。
When you hear these tech leaders you know, I love hearing Jonathan talk because he just goes there, and I'm always way more tempered.
我非常喜欢。
And I love it.
这让我更有勇气了。
It's emboldening me
对。
to Yeah.
因为我开始感到愤怒了。
Because I'm go beginning get angry.
别真的生气。
Don't really get angry.
但过去一年里,我确实越来越生气了。
But in the last year, I'm getting angry.
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
所以当你听到这些科技领袖讲话时,他们总是说他们在直面问题。
So the way when you hear all of these various tech leaders speak, they will always say they speak to the issue.
所以你知道,为了写我的第二本书《ThoughtBrain》,我做了很多研究,听过很多萨姆·阿尔特曼的演讲和对话。
So, you know, I've heard many of for research for my second book, ThoughtBrain, I've heard I've been listening to a lot of Sam Altman's speeches or panels.
他总是会说,是的,你知道,隐私是一个重大问题。
And he will always say things like, yeah, you know, privacy is a major issue.
或者,是的,每周有上百万人在ChatGPT上谈论自杀。
Or yeah, people, 1,000,000 users a week talk about suicide on ChatGPT.
是的,这确实是个问题。
Yeah, this is an issue.
所以他们要么提及这个问题,要么谈论它。
And so they address it or they speak it.
于是你会想,好吧,应该会有一些解决方案。
And so you think, okay, there's going to be some sort of solution.
而通常的解决方案是,是的,你知道,社会得自己想办法解决。
And often the solution is, yeah, you know, society, we're going to have to figure this out.
所以责任的负担并不在开发者身上。
So the burden of responsibility is not on the developer.
这是
It's
有害的外部性就强加给我们其他人了?
The harmful externalities get foisted on the rest of us?
太糟糕了。
Too bad.
你们自己想办法解决吧。
You guys figure it out.
你说过去一年里你变得愤怒了。
You said in the last year you're getting angry.
是的。
Yeah.
为什么是过去这一年呢?
Why in the last year?
因为我当时完全沉浸在书中,沉浸在写作过程中,试图理解那些数字、图表、趋势和研究。
Because I was so deeply immersed in the book and the writing of the book and trying to understand the numbers and the graphs and the trends and the studies.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。