本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
新年决心马上就要到了。
So New Year's resolutions around the corner.
我认为只有9%的决心能够坚持下来。
I think 9% of resolutions stick.
那你有什么建议给我吗?
So what advice have you got for me?
好的。
Okay.
假设我想减肥。
So let's say I wanted to lose weight.
首先,要意识到我们所有人的生活都是关于习惯,而不是目标。
The first thing is realizing that all of our lives are about habits, not goals.
其次,这是最有效的策略之一,用来洗脑自己养成这些新习惯。
The second aspect of this is one of the most effective strategies to brainwash yourself to form these new habits.
查斯·休斯是一位前军人,如今已成为行为分析和人类影响力领域的世界知名专家。
And that is Chase Hughes is a former military veteran turned world renowned expert in behavioral analysis and human influence.
他曾训练过特勤人员、海豹突击队领袖、首席执行官和政府官员,帮助他们掌握沟通、行为识别与说服技巧。
He has trained secret service agents, Navy Seal leaders, CEOs, and government officials to master communication, behavioral detection, and persuasion.
每次你都可以从三个因素入手,来判断一个人为何成功或失败。
You can look at three factors every single time to determine why someone was successful or why they failed.
第一个是自我掌控,涉及自信、肢体语言、自律和权威感。
The first is self mastery, where we look at confidence, body language, discipline, and authority.
我们知道,人们对权威有着极强的反应。
And we know that people are hyper responsive to authority.
但我们该如何建立自己的权威呢?
But how do we establish authority ourselves?
权威由五部分组成,而这五部分都关乎你自己。
Authority is made up of five things, and that's us.
第二个是对方的观察水平,我们在行为分析中会谈到五个C。
Number two is their level of observation, and there's five c's that we talk about in behavior profiling that we get into.
但我最喜爱的例子,也是最快读懂他人的方法,就是看他们眨眼的频率。
But my favorite example and one of the fastest ways to get a read on another human being is how often they're blinking.
如果我发现某个人的眨眼频率开始变高,我就知道得立刻换个话题了。
If I start seeing an increase in someone's blink rate, I know I need to change the subject right away.
有意思。
Interesting.
第三个要素是他们的沟通能力水平。
And the third, their level of communication.
如果你想学习如何开启或是延续一段对话,这门内容就很适合你。
And if you wanna learn how to start a conversation or continue one, this is for you.
这归根结底取决于你要先认清你面前的是什么类型的人。
It comes down to understanding the type of person that you are in front of.
现在我们可以把人分成六类,这会帮你找到和这些人沟通的最佳方式,如果你想了解的话我们可以深入聊聊。
Now segregate people into six groups, and that'll influence the best way to talk to those people, so we can get into if you want.
请讲。
Please.
好的。
Okay.
第一。
Number one.
那如何赢得争论呢?
What about how to win an argument?
我绝对不应该做哪些事情?
What are the things I should definitely not do?
大多数人犯的最大错误就是不要那样做。
So the big mistake most people make is don't do that.
我发现特别有趣的是,当我们查看Spotify、Apple以及我们的音频渠道后台数据时,大多数观看这个播客的人还没有点击关注或订阅按钮,无论你在哪里收听这个节目。
I find it incredibly fascinating that when we look at the back end of Spotify and Apple and our audio channels, the majority of people that watch this podcast haven't yet hit the follow button or the subscribe button wherever you're listening to this.
我想和你做个约定。
I would like to make a deal with you.
如果你能帮我一个大忙,点击一下订阅按钮,我会从现在开始直到永远,不懈努力让这个节目变得越来越好。
If you could do me a huge favor and hit that subscribe button, I will work tirelessly from now until forever to make the show better and better and better and better.
当你点击订阅按钮时,这对我帮助巨大,我无法形容。
I can't tell you how much it helps when you hit that subscribe button.
节目规模变大了,这意味着我们可以提升制作水平,邀请你们想看的所有嘉宾,继续做我们热爱的这件事。
The show gets bigger which means we can expand the production, bring in all the guests you want to see and continue to doing this thing we love.
如果你能帮我这个小忙,在你收听的地方点一下关注按钮,这对我来说意义重大。
If you could do me that small favor and hit the follow button wherever you're listening to this that would mean the world to me.
这是我唯一会向你们提出的要求。
That is the only favor I will ever ask you.
蔡斯·休斯。
Chase Hughes.
你是谁?你的使命是什么?
Who are you, and what is your mission?
我是一个研究行为的人,行为专家,我认为我的目标就是教人们:世界上存在着一个其他人看不到、也无法接触的领域。
I'm a behavior guy, behavior expert, and I think I've just set out to teach people that there is an entire world that other people can't really see, don't have access to.
我认为,在过去一万年的有记录的历史中,无论你观察任何事件或任何国家的领导人,所有决定局势结果的因素,归根结底都是人为因素。
And I think for the last ten thousand years of recorded history, you can look at any event or any leader of any country, and everything that dictates the outcomes of situations comes down to human factors every time.
无论经济动荡、人们因经济而愤怒,还是人工智能或技术革新正在发生,一切最终都取决于人际互动,以及你能否管理好自己、是否是优秀的领导者、谁是真正的领导者,以及谁能说服人们产生某种感受。
No matter if there's economic turmoil, there's people getting pissed off about an economy, there's AI or technology innovations that are happening, everything comes down to human interactions and whether or not you can manage yourself, you're a good leader, who the good leaders are, and who can persuade the people to feel a certain way.
那你为谁做这件事?
And who'd you do it for?
我想我是为那些在生活中经历过一段时期、意识到某些人拥有隐形优势的人做的。
I think I'd do it for people that have gone through a period in their life realizing that there's an invisible advantage that some other people have.
那些成功的人,或许拥有一些他们自己也难以具体察觉的优势。
The people that got successful maybe have some kind of advantage that they're not able to tangibly see.
而向他们展示,这是你一生中所能撬动的最强大的杠杆之一,是最令人欣慰和引人入胜的事情。
And I think showing them that this is one of the biggest levers that you could ever pull in your life is the most rewarding and fascinating thing to see.
看到一个人经历这种转变,意识到人类行为决定了生活中的结果。
Someone go through this transition to realize that this human behavior stuff dictates outcomes in life.
当你这么说时,你指的是人类行为。
When you say this, you're referring to human behavior.
是的。
Mhmm.
人类行为是一种固定的方法吗?
And is human behavior is it like a set of tactics?
这像是一种心理学吗?
Is it like a form of psychology?
当你说到这个时,你指的是什么?
What is what is this when you say the word this?
当我提到人类行为时,我的意思是,当一个人成功或失败时,每次都可以从三个因素来分析他们成功或失败的原因。
When I say human behavior, I mean that when a person becomes successful or they become a failure, you can look at three factors every single time to determine why someone was successful or why they failed.
那就是他们的自我掌控水平,他们的观察力,比如他们能否读懂气氛?
That is their level of self mastery, their level of observation, like can they read the room?
他们能否读懂正在与之交谈的人?
Can they read the person that they're actually talking to?
以及他们的沟通能力。
And their level of communication.
他们能否流利地表达?
Can they speak fluentially?
他们能否以一种激励和鼓舞人心的方式谈论结果?
Can they talk about outcomes in a way that inspire people and motivate people?
他们能否以一种有说服力的方式打动他人?
Can they communicate in a persuasive way that moves people?
那你具体和哪些人合作过?
And who exactly have you worked with?
很多政府机构。
Lots of government agencies.
特别是,我曾与情报机构合作过。
Notably, I've worked with intelligence agencies.
我曾与美国陆军心理作战部合作,也就是特种作战司令部。
I've worked with the Psychological Operations Department, the US Army, which is the Special Operations Command.
我如今训练了大量美国海军的领导人。
I've trained a lot of the US Navy leaders nowadays.
目前,我的主要客户群体是大量平民。
And a lot of civilians are my main base of clients right now.
情报人员到底做什么?
What do intelligence what do do for intelligence agents?
所以当我们
So when we
与情报人员交谈时,我们首先训练他们识别人类行为。
talk to intelligence agents, the number one thing that we train them in is recognizing human behavior.
我们还教授审讯技巧。
And we also teach interrogation.
我们通常会教授,比如我在进行审讯时,这和我作为一名情报官员,试图说服某人背叛自己的国家为我们效力,其实是类似的。
And we tend to teach, like, I'm doing an interrogation, it's kind of the same as if I'm an intelligence officer somewhere trying to talk somebody into spying on their own country for us.
这两者都涉及说服某人做对他们自身并非最有利的事情。
Both of those things are about talking someone into doing something that's not really in their best interest.
因此,当谈到这一点时,这才是真正考验我们能力的关键所在。
So when it comes down to that, that's really where we get to the point the rubber meets the road.
你能说服某人做他们通常不会做的事吗?比如销售,因为他们原本根本不会去做。
Can you talk someone into doing something that they, a, normally wouldn't do, which is maybe sales because they wouldn't have otherwise done that.
或者在审讯领域,我能否说服你做一件你根本不愿意做的事,因为这不符合你的利益,比如承认犯罪、提供情报,或类似的事情?
Or B, in the interrogation world, can I talk you into something that you wouldn't want to do because it's not your best interest, like confessing to a crime or providing intelligence or something like that?
而这就是我们为警察和政府开展大量培训的地方。
And that's where we really do a lot of the training for police and government.
在我旁边,有一本叫《行为作战手册》的巨著。
Next to me, there's this massive book called The Behavior Ops Manual.
这可能是我见过的最大的一本书。
It's probably the biggest book I've ever seen.
是什么样的丰富经验促成了这项研究成果?
What is the wealth of experience that have fed into this body of work?
那本书就是我的整个人生。
That book right there is my entire life.
所以,大概有三万到四万小时的研究投入在这上面,我所学过或教授过的每一种技巧,我们曾用于审讯、说服或影响的每一种方法,全都包含在《行为作战手册》里。
So probably thirty thousand to forty thousand hours of research on this stuff, every technique that I've ever learned or taught, every method that we've ever used for interrogations persuasion or influence, all that stuff is inside of The Behavior Ops Manual.
我写了这本书,如果你现在想了解,我们可以深入谈谈。
And I wrote that book, and we can get into that if you want to right now.
我曾被诊断出脑部问题,以为自己会失去大脑,那时我非常绝望。
I received a brain diagnosis where I thought I was going to lose my brain, and I was desperate.
我只是在想,我的家人该怎么养活自己。
I'm just wondering how is my family gonna feed itself.
所以我希望把我为任何政府特工创造或发现的每一点知识都毫无保留地呈现在这本书里,这就是这本书的由来。
So I wanted to put every single piece of knowledge that I've ever created or I've ever come up with for any government agent, everything all on the table, and that's what this book was.
这仅仅是所有经验的集大成。
It's just the culmination of everything.
你自己也服过兵役吗?
And you served in the military yourself?
我服役了二十年。
I did for twenty years.
人们最常因为什么来找你寻求帮助?
What is the most common thing that people come to your work for?
如果用一句话来概括,他们在自己的生活中究竟在寻找什么?
If you were to encapsulate it into a sentence, what they're searching for in their own personal lives.
那就是一个人在生活的某个方面缺乏某种程度的掌控力。
It would be a person that is lacking some degree of control in some aspect of their life.
而且他们通常认为自己需要的是技能。
And it's typically they think they need skills.
我的大多数客户来找我时都说:我想学技巧。
Most of my clients come to me saying, I want the technique.
我想掌握这项技能。
I want the skill.
教我如何完成x、y和z的步骤。
Teach me the recipe to do x, y, and z.
在电话里我该说什么?
What do I say on the phone?
给我一个新的销售话术。
Give me a new sales script.
所以我有一个叫做ACSS模型的框架,我会培训我所有的员工使用它。
So I have this model called the ACSS Model that I train to my entire staff.
这个ACSS模型代表权威、从容、社交能力,然后是技能。
And that ACSS Model stands for authority, comfort, social skills, and then skills.
90%的人说他们需要更多技能,但他们真正需要的是权威感或舒适感。
90% of people say they need more skills, but what they need is authority or comfort.
他们在对话中无法感到自在。
And they can't be comfortable in a conversation.
所以我可以这么做:我会跟这些客户说,我可以花一千万美元,为你理想的结果写出最棒的说服话术,把它端到你面前。
So I could give you like, I would talk to these clients, I would say, I could spend $10,000,000 write the best persuasion script for whatever your ideal outcome is, hand you this thing on a silver platter.
但如果你在对话中不自在,你就不会成功。
And if you're not comfortable in that conversation, you're not going to be successful.
我可以把它给一个有社交焦虑的人,让他们大声念出来。
I could give it to somebody with social anxiety and have them go read this out loud.
这可不是《哈利·波特》。
It's not Harry Potter.
我们不是在念咒语。
We're not reading spells.
这根本不是什么咒语。
It's not a spell.
所以很多人的问题源于缺乏舒适感,无法在对话中感到自在,以及他们所拥有的权威感不足。
So a lot of people's problems come from comfort, a lack of being able to be comfortable in in a conversation, and the level of authority that they might have.
我指的不是层级上的权威。
And I don't mean hierarchical authority.
我只是说个人的权威。
I just mean personal authority.
但他们自己并不明白。
But they don't know it.
他们以为是自己需要更多的社交技巧,需要学习寒暄,或者需要掌握某个小技巧。
They think it's, I need more social skills, need to learn small talk, or I need this little technique.
所以每次我都会告诉每个客户:如果我现在给你一份小型飞机——塞斯纳172的飞行检查清单,你就是飞行员了吗?
So every time, the one thing I tell every client is, if I give you a flight checklist right now for a small plane, a Cessna 172, are you a pilot?
不是。
No.
拥有这份小小的行动清单,并不能赋予你真正的技能。
Having this little checklist of what to do does not give you the skill.
所以很多问题都源于舒适感。
So lot of that, so much of that comes from comfort.
很多人的问题在于,他们总在身高、外貌、社会地位、金钱、等级、自信等其他方面与他人竞争。
And the problem that a lot of people have is they're competing with other people on height, on looks, on social status, money, hierarchy, confidence, all this other stuff.
你与他人比较时,最需要关注的是舒适感。
The number one thing you need to compare yourself with other people on is comfort.
就是这样。
That's it.
在这场对话中,我能否比对方更自在?
Can I be more comfortable than the other person in this conversation?
因为我们的大脑天生就倾向于竞争。
Because our brains are naturally wired to compete.
我们无法关闭竞争本能,但可以改变它的焦点。
We can't turn competition off, but we can change what they're focused on.
如果焦点放在舒适感上,我们就能赢得更多对话。
And if they're focused on comfort, we win a lot more conversations.
舒适。
Comfort.
是的。
Yeah.
这如何体现?
How does that manifest?
只是像身体上感到舒适吗?
Is that just like being, like, physically comfortable?
那到底是什么?
What is that?
对。
Yeah.
这包括身体上的舒适。
It would be physical comfort.
所以我给人们的第一个挑战是:在第一周里,我只希望你专注于一件事,我不会给你一份长长的清单,让你在每次会议前都要翻手机去看。
So one of the challenges I give to people is for your first week, all the only thing I want you to focus on, I'm not gonna give you this long list to go look into your phone and have to read it before every meeting.
这周我只想让你关注一件事:你能否比房间里其他人的动作更慢一些?
The one thing I want you to focus on this week is can you move slower than the other people in the room?
就这么简单。
That's it.
只是调整你身体的‘限速’。
Just adjusting the speed limit on your body.
如果你站在游泳池里,当你的身体在水下时,手臂和腿会移动得多快?
So if you were standing in a swimming pool, how fast would your arms and legs move if you were underwater?
就把这个速度作为这整周的限速。
And make that the speed limit for this entire week.
我只希望你关注这一点。
That's all I want you to focus on.
这会给人的思维带来巨大变化,因为我们改变了身体,也改变了情绪的感受方式。
And that makes so many changes in people's mind because we change our bodies and we change how our emotions are feeling.
恐惧有一件事会做。
And there's one thing that fear does.
它会加快我们的身体节奏。
It speeds our body up.
所以如果你看到有人做出快速、僵硬的动作,你看到的主要是他们身体中的恐惧或压力。
So if you see someone doing these rapid jerky movements, you're seeing mostly fear or stress in their body.
所以在互动对话中,即使是在电话里或面对面,也要让自己更放松。
So get more comfortable in an interaction conversation, even if it's on the phone or in person.
是的。
Yes.
在电话里,就要以正常、沉稳的语速说话。
On the phone, it would be speaking at a normal composed pace.
明白。
Okay.
接下来,第二步是保持沉着。
And then, so step two is composure.
我能让你进入一种拥有沉着状态的状态吗?
Can I get you into a place where you have some composure?
在从容的左右两侧,分别是退缩和摆姿态。
In the left and right side of composure, we have collapse and we have posturing.
所以,我会让自己变小,让别人感到舒服,或者我会让自己变大,让别人远离我。
So I have a person that makes themselves small so other people can be comfortable, or I make myself big so other people can get away from me.
我们在生活的方方面面都能看到这种现象。
And we see that with every aspect of our lives.
比如,我刚创业时,或者刚从军队出来时,有人找我去做主题演讲。
Like, when I first started my business or when I first got out the military, these people called me for a keynote.
于是,这个人给我打电话,问:‘你的时薪是多少?’
So this guy calls me, and he's like, what's your hourly rate?
我说:‘六千。’
And I said, six k.
我还说:‘这包括差旅和其他所有费用。’
And I said, that's including travel and all that.
而他唯一做的就是,电话里一句话也没说。
And the only thing he did, he didn't say anything on the phone.
他只是说,就这样吧。
He just goes, that's it.
他就发出了那样的声音。
He just made that noise.
我立刻就说,哦,是的。
And right away, I said, oh, yeah.
但我们可以给个折扣。
But we could do a discount.
我大概可以给到五千。
I could probably do, like, five k.
我们甚至可以打五折。
We could even take some off 50%.
既然你在这儿,而且我得做这件事,甚至可以打七五折。
Could even take 75% since you're here, here, and I have to do this.
这纯粹是在找借口。
It just made up excuses.
我差点就到了想直接付钱给你的地步。
And I almost got to the point where I was like, let me pay you.
如果你愿意上台为我演讲,我可以给你一些钱。
I'll give you some money if you come let me speak on stage for you.
那就是崩溃了。
And that's collapse.
所以我正处于崩溃状态,而在生活的某些方面,我可能会装出一副样子。
So that's I'm in collapse, and some areas of my life I might posture in some areas of my life.
我们的目标是摆脱这种摇摆状态。
And our goal is to get out of that swing.
但大多数人的问题是,如果我活在崩溃中,解决方案看起来就像是装样子。
But the problem most people have, if I'm living in collapse, the solution looks like posturing.
我们在那些学习搭讪技巧的男生身上就能看到这种现象。
And we see this in, like, guys that learn pickup.
比如,我要去学怎么装样子,因为这正好是我现在行为的反面。
Like, I'm gonna learn how to posture because it's the opposite of what I'm doing.
我需要的不是那个中心点。
It's not the center where I need to be.
那中心点是什么?
And what is the center?
那就是沉着冷静。
That's that's composure.
那确实是沉着冷静。
That would be composure.
我会说,沉着冷静是由构成权威的那些要素组合而成的。
And I would say composure is a combination of the things that make up authority.
权威由五样东西组成,那就是自信、自律、领导力、感恩和享受。
And authority is made up of five things, and that's confidence, discipline, leadership, gratitude, and enjoyment.
所以我有一个权威评估表。
So I have an authority inventory.
这是第一天,我给任何智力型人士或客户——比如一位汽车经销商——的首要内容。
This is day one, the first thing that I give to intelligence people or I've got a guy that owns a car dealership, whoever the client is.
这是一种权威评估。
And it's the authority assessment.
它会从这些方面对你进行评估。
It assesses you on those things.
而你最弱的那一点,正是你在需要说服他人时阻碍你成功的根源。
And wherever your lowest point is, that's what's keeping you from being successful in most conversations when you need to persuade somebody.
它能迅速 pinpoint 出问题所在。
And it pinpoints it very quickly.
如果我可以再深入讲一点,我们镜头外的生活方式,我相信你会同意。
And if I could go into this a little further, the way that we live our lives off camera, I'm sure you would agree.
你刚刚请了凡妮莎·范·爱德华兹来做客。
You just had Vanessa Van Edwards on.
这些都会体现在我们的肢体语言中。
It bleeds out in our body language.
这些不仅体现在肢体语言上,还体现在我们的呼吸方式、说话方式以及整体给人的印象上。
It bleeds out in not just body language, but how we breathe, how we talk, how we come across.
所以即使我在领英上读到那篇关于19种让自己看起来更自信的方法的文章,里面说要改善姿势、坐直、有力握手、保持良好的眼神交流,我都照做了,看起来确实很得体。
So even if I read that article on LinkedIn of 19 ways to look more confident, and it says, well, have better posture, sit up straighter, shake hands, make better eye contact, I did all of that, and I look really presentable.
但回到家,我的卧室里却堆着高达八英尺的脏衣服。
But back home, I've got an eight foot pile of laundry sitting in the bedroom.
我的床脏乱不堪。
My bed's nasty.
水槽里堆满了没洗的盘子。
I've got dishes all piled up in the sink.
我们大脑中有一部分似乎专门提醒我们:我现在是在装样子。
There's a part of our brain that's somehow dedicated to reminding us, I'm faking it right now.
这种感觉会流露出来。
And that comes across.
所以无论我们是有意识还是无意识地做,我们都在为他人制造直觉感受。
So whether we're doing it consciously or unconsciously, we're manufacturing gut feelings in other people.
因此,我们的任务是制造更好的直觉感受。
So our job is to manufacture better gut feelings.
而这些感受在日常生活中最常暴露出来的五个方面,就是我们管理生活的五个领域:环境。
And the five most common ways that those bleed out in our everyday life is how we manage five areas of our life, and that is our environment.
比如,我是否照顾好了自己的环境、时间、外表、社交生活和财务状况。
Like, do I take care of my environment, my time, appearance, my social life, and my financial life.
因为这些正是我们潜意识里担忧的五件事,它们会逐渐渗透,影响他人的直觉感受。
Because those are the those are the five things we worry about in the back of our head that start bleeding out these gut feelings.
我们都经历过这样的对话:表面上一切看起来都很完美,但事后却觉得哪里不太对劲。
Because we've all had a conversation where everything on the surface looked great, but afterwards we were like, something was off.
我说不上来具体是什么,但就是觉得那个人不太对劲。
I don't know what it was, but something just didn't feel right about that guy.
我们都曾有过这种细微的体验。
And we've all had that little experience.
掌握构成权威感的这五个特质,是最快获得人生成功、彻底改变生活的途径。
Getting a hold of those five qualities that make up authority are the fastest way to get success in your life and just drastically start changing your life.
所以,这确实是一个可以掌控的要素。
So it's really that the controllable element.
那就是我们的环境、时间、外表、社交生活和财务状况。
It's our environment, our time, our appearance, our social life, and our finances.
这是所有我们之前讨论的其他事情的可控基础。
That's the, like, controllable foundation to all these other things that we talked about.
是的。
Yeah.
所以这将是那个小金字塔的底层基础。
So that would be the the bottom foundation of that little pyramid.
而那个三角形的左侧则是自信、自律、领导力、感恩和享受。
And the far left side of that triangle would be confidence, discipline, leadership, gratitude, and enjoyment.
是的。
Yeah.
这些要素本身会引发他人的情感,让他们把你视为权威人物。
And those elements alone produce feelings in other people that make them see an authority figure.
你听说过米尔格拉姆实验。
And you've heard of the Milgram experiment.
天啊。
Oh, gosh.
这让我想起我16岁时在心理学课上读过的一本书里的内容。
It reminds me of something I read when I was 16 in psychology class in a textbook.
大概是吧。
Probably did.
就是那个让人互相电击的实验。
That was the one where they got people to shock each other.
是的。
Yeah.
请解释一下。
Please explain.
好的。
All right.
我给你简单回顾一下。
Let me give you a quick recap.
这是耶鲁大学,我想是1962年。
It's Yale University, and I think it's 1962.
耶鲁大学在报纸上登广告,说来参加我们的学习研究吧,我们会给你20美元的餐券之类的报酬。
And Yale runs an ad in the paper that says, come help us with this study on learning, and we'll give you $20 for lunch voucher or something like that.
于是这些志愿者都来了,有个穿着白大褂的高个子男人,手里拿着官方的clipboards,还有一个其他志愿者,你们抽签决定。
So all these volunteers come out, and there's a tall guy in a lab coat, an official clipboard there, and there's one other volunteer, and you draw straws.
你们中一个是老师,一个是学习者。
One of you is the teacher, one of you is the learner.
于是你们被带进了一个房间。
So you're led into this room.
你看着那个学习者被绑起来。
You watch this learner guy get strapped up.
他躺在一张桌子上,被绑在一台电击装置上。
He's on this table getting strapped up to this electric shock machine.
每次他答错测验题,你就得电击他。
And every time he gets a question on this quiz wrong, you've got to shock him.
你必须按下按钮。
You have to hit the button.
每答错一题,你就要提高这台机器的电压,最高档标着XXX危险,上面写着严重电击。
And every progressive question, you increase the voltage on this machine that goes all the way up on the far right to XXX danger, severe shock is what it says on there.
但当你不断电击他时,你能听到墙另一边的人在尖叫。
But the whole time you're shocking him, you can hear the guy screaming on the other side of the wall.
他在尖叫。
He's screaming.
在过程进行到一半时,那人开始敲墙。
And midway through the process, the guy's banging on the wall.
他说:我有心脏病。
He's like, I have a heart condition.
我不想继续了。
I don't want to do this anymore.
我不干了。
I'm out.
我辞职了。
I quit.
我不想继续这个实验了。
I don't want to do the experiment.
而百分之九十的人会转向穿白大褂的那个人,而那个穿白大褂的人会说:请继续。
And ninety percent of these people will turn around to the guy in the lab coat, and the guy in the lab coat's like, please continue.
继续实验非常重要。
It's important that you continue the experiment.
于是他们继续下去,一遍又一遍。
So they keep going and going.
几乎到了最后,那边再也没有反应了。
And almost to the end, no more response.
只剩下沉默。
It's just silence.
那个人连问题都不回应了。
The guy didn't even respond to questions.
穿白大褂的人说,任何没有回答都必须被视为错误回答。
And the guy in the lab coat says, any non answer has to be treated as if it were an incorrect answer.
请继续。
Please continue.
他们继续下去,再继续,一直继续。
And they keep going and going and going.
你可以看一些这些实验的录像,到了最后,你只要看看他们的表情。
And you can watch some some of these are on video, you just watch their faces toward the end.
这些精神病学家在实验开始时预测,不到百分之一的人会坚持到底。
These psychiatrists at the beginning of this predicted less than one percent would go all the way.
百分之六十七的人坚持到了最后。
Sixty seven percent of people go all the way.
250伏特足以致人死亡,但百分之百的人都达到了250伏。
And 250 volts is enough to kill you, a hundred percent went up to two fifty.
新奇感和权威的存在起到了全部作用。
The presence of novelty and authority did everything.
它让人去犯下谋杀。
It made a person commit murder.
我认为,我会说,这比卖一辆车给某人更难。
And that's I would say, I would argue, that's more difficult than selling someone a car.
在那个特定的例子中,权威来自于上大学、穿白大褂等等。
And that authority comes, in that particular example, came from going to the university, the lab coat, etcetera.
但我们如何建立自己的权威呢?
But how do we establish authority ourselves?
是不是回到你之前提到的关于环境、外表、经济状况这些方面?
Is it going back to the things you said there about environment, appearance, etcetera, finances?
是的。
Yeah.
在日常生活中,有没有一些体现权威的肢体表现?
Is there like are there are there physical expressions of that authority in a day to day basis?
有的。
There are.
动作迟缓是最常见的症状之一。
Slowness of movement is one of the most common.
所以我们有动作迟缓。
So we have slowness of movement.
因此,权威三角形的右侧有五个字母,分别代表动作、外表、自信、联系和意图。
So the right side of that authority triangle has five letters on it, and that stands for movement, appearance, confidence, connection, and intent.
我们的意图是否显而易见?
Is our intent visible?
这种外在的权威表现,正是许多人所关注的。
That outward sign of authority is what a lot of people tend to look for.
权威看起来是什么样子?
What does authority look like?
但其实我们真正要做的是,去查找权威的症状,而不是它的成因。
But what we're really doing is I want to look up the symptoms of authority, not the cause.
因为所有那些在领英文章和YouTube视频中教人如何更有自信、如何做这做那的内容,都是在教人如何表现权威的症状,而不是其根本原因。
Because all these LinkedIn articles, YouTube videos that are saying how to have more confidence, how to do x, y and z, are how to have the symptoms instead of the cause of authority.
有权威的人通常会坐得笔直。
So people with authority tend to sit up straight.
但他们坐得笔直并不是因为读过一篇文章。
But they don't sit up straight because they read an article.
他们坐得笔直是因为他们以某种方式看待世界。
They sit up straight because they see the world a certain way.
这在改变我的世界观和改变我的姿势之间有着巨大的差异。
And that's so much of a difference between changing my worldview versus changing my posture.
两者的最终结果非常不同,但我们仍在人们心中引发那种直觉感受。
It's very different outcomes, and we're still generating those gut feelings in people.
很有趣。
Interesting.
你接触过很多来找你的人吗?他们明显存在权威感不足的问题?
Have you worked with many people that come to you and they've got a clear authority problem?
你能想到一个具体的例子,说明你曾经帮助某人彻底改变人生吗?
Is there a particular example you can think of where you were able to help someone turn their life around?
很多。
Many.
数百人。
Hundreds.
给我你最喜爱的例子。
Give me your favorite example.
我最喜爱的例子是一位大公司的首席执行官。
My favorite example was a big CEO.
他在洛杉矶,向我寻求帮助。
He's in Los Angeles, and he asked me for skills.
他一开始说:我需要一份飞行检查清单。
He starts off, I need the flight checklist.
我不需要学习如何驾驶飞机。
I don't need to learn to fly.
我只需要那份检查清单。
I just need the checklist.
但我要花一些时间引导人们回溯,说:让我们深入问题的根源,因为你不能直接说你有权威感和舒适感的问题。
But it takes me a while to kind of walk people back and say, like, let's get to the root of this, Because you can't just openly say you have an authority and comfort problem.
他的员工在董事会和其他场合公开取笑他,他对此并不喜欢。
And his employees would openly make fun of him in board meetings and stuff like that, and he didn't like it.
他的公司正以惊人的速度下滑。
And it it his company was going downhill so fast.
我带他经历了这个过程,逐步建立你的自信、自律、领导力、感恩和乐趣,所有这些方面。
And I took him through this process of gaining let's let's build up your confidence, discipline, leadership, gratitude, and enjoyment, all of those things.
让我们找出这五个方面中你的最低点。
And let's find where your lowest point is of those five.
如果我能找到你在那五个方面中的最低点,我就知道最具杠杆效应的切入点在哪里。
If I could just find your lowest point on that five list, then I know the highest leverage thing that I can do.
所以,如果他最具杠杆效应的方面是自信,那就是我首先要着手解决的首要问题。
So if the highest leverage that he can do would be confidence, that's the number one thing I'm going to start working on.
当我们带他经历这个过程后,仅仅过了几个月,我们还用了很多催眠方法。
And the moment we took him through that process, it was only a couple of months, and we used a lot of hypnosis.
我们用了大量的方法,我 literally 使用了洗脑技巧来帮助他。
We used a lot of I literally used brainwashing techniques to help him.
所以用的是同样的技巧。
So it's the same techniques.
你知道吗?
And you know what?
认知行为疗法在过去也是一种洗脑方式,还有厌恶疗法。
Cognitive behavioral therapy was also a form of brainwashing back in the day, and aversion therapy.
但仅仅几个月内,他的月收入就从大约60万到80万美元飙升到了400万美元。
But within just a few months, he went from around, I think, 6 to 800 k per month to, like, 4,000,000 a month.
他所有的员工都支持他。
All of his employees were on board.
他确实发生了巨大的转变。
He he did he had this huge shift.
问题在于,当你作为一名教练,让某人的生活发生如此迅速的改变时,他们必须找个借口。
The problem comes when you're when you're a coach and you make someone's life change that fast, they have to have an excuse.
他们无法再回到办公室,因为他们的状态已经不一样了。
They can't go back to the office and, like, they're different.
对吧?
Right?
所以他们必须说,有件事发生在了我身上。
So they have to say some this thing happened to me.
我遇到了这么一件事。
I had this thing.
所以我每个客户都会先帮他们想好:你得回去告诉别人,有件事改变了你的生活,因为你必须有个理由解释为什么你变了。
So that's the first thing I work out with every client is like, you're going to have to go back and tell them something happened that changed your life, because you have to have a reason that you're going back different.
看着这种转变真是太有成就感,太棒了。
So watching that transformation is so rewarding and incredible.
但通常,你首先需要改变的是人的自信。
But the confidence is usually what you have to change first with people.
你怎么做呢?
How do you do that?
你改变的是他们内心正在发生的事情。
You change what's going on inside their head.
你以前上过台,可能是面对一千到两千人。
So you've gone on stage before, probably 1,000 or 2,000 people.
你曾经上过电视一段时间。
You were on TV for a while.
即使在你成功之后,你有没有听过内心一个微小的声音问:我为什么在这里?
Even after you've been successful, have you ever even heard a tiny voice that said, why am I here?
或者像,我配得上在这里吗?
Or like, do I deserve to be here?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,做这件事就是最好的例证。
I mean, doing this is a prime example of that.
是的。
Yeah.
或是觉得我在装模作样。
Or I'm faking it.
大家迟早会发现我根本就是在装的。
People are going to find out I'm faking it.
是啊,当播客主的时候就会有这种感受,因为你没有任何官方资质,可后来居然有听众开始听你的节目了。
Well, you feel like that when you're a podcaster because you didn't get any official qualifications, then people started listening.
接着大家还觉得你做这事得心应手、门儿清。
And then they think that you know what you're doing.
所以我觉得作为一名播客主,我能慢慢消解这种声音。
So I think I can temper that as a podcaster.
对。
Yeah.
而且这些声音永远不会消失。
And they never go away.
所以,一个自信的人和一个缺乏自信的人的区别就在于,后者会把这些内心的声音当成事实。
So the difference between a person who's confident and a person who doesn't have confidence is that they hear those voices as truth.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
而我听到这些声音时,会把它们当作虚构的,有自信的人也是这样。
And I hear them or somebody with confidence hears them as fiction.
他们听的其实是同一件事。
They're both listening to the same thing.
所以打个比方,假设你和我要去吃午饭,我对你说:史蒂文,我去你家接你。
So imagine, like, as a quick story, if you and I were going to lunch, and I said, Steven, I'm going to come pick you up.
停在你家门前。
Pull up in front of your house.
你坐上副驾驶座。
You jump in the passenger side.
我们出发了,我正在听一本关于核弹爆炸的有声书。
We're heading off, and I'm listening to an audiobook about a nuclear bomb going off.
但在这本有声书里,有一个关于核弹爆炸的虚假新闻报道。
But it's inside the audiobook, there's a fake news report about a nuclear bomb going off.
比如说,那是一个假的BBC广播之类的。
Let's say it's a pretend BBC broadcast or something that's going off.
这只是有声书里的内容。
That it's in the audiobook.
我们开始开车。
We start driving.
我很放松。
I'm relaxed.
我专注于路况。
I'm focused on the road.
我享受着正在做的事情。
I'm enjoying what I'm doing.
你的心率上升了。
Your heart rate's increased.
你感到害怕。
You're fearful.
你的杏仁核正在活跃。
Your amygdala's firing off.
你正处于一种可怕的状态,心里想着:天啊,我的家人会怎么样?
You're in this horrible state of like, oh my god, what's going happen to my family?
我们俩听到的是完全相同的广播。
We're both hearing the exact same broadcast.
我们在同一时间听同样的说话者。
We're listening to the same speakers at the same time.
但我知道我听的是虚构内容,而你却担心这是真的。
But I know that I'm hearing fiction, and you are worried that it's truth.
我并不是想拿你当这个例子,但这是描述这种情况最简单的方式。
I don't mean to use you as that example, but that's the easiest way to describe it.
然后从根本上改变你对那个声音的感知方式。
And then just fundamentally changing how you hear that voice.
在九成甚至十成的情况下,那个声音都是在你八九岁时形成的。
And nine times, I think 10 times out of 10, that voice was developed when you were eight or nine.
那个孩子当时做了什么?
What did that kid do?
我会向任何一个客户提出这个问题。
And this is what I would ask any of the clients.
那个孩子做了什么来交朋友或维持友谊?
What did that kid do to make friends or keep them?
所以,朋友是为了感到安全。
So friends, to feel safe.
现在我们处于安全之中。
Now we're in the safety.
我是怎么感到安全的?
Like, how did I get to feel safe?
我做了什么来获得奖励?
And what did I do to earn rewards?
对一些人来说,那可能是认可。
And for some people, that might be recognition.
对那些人生起步艰难的孩子来说,水或食物可能就是他们的奖励。
For other kids who had a bad start in life, that might be water or food might have been a reward for those kids.
所以我们小时候维持或赢得朋友的方式、获得奖励的方式,以及感受到安全所需采取的行为,都会在我们的大脑中发展成一些后台运行的小程序,持续影响着我们的成年生活。
So the way that we keep or earn friends, the way that we get rewards as a child, and the way that we feel what we have to do to feel safe, those develop as little apps in our brain that run-in the background of our adult lives all the time.
而通常情况下,这些方式在我们小时候是有效的。
And we typically, as a kid, they're great.
它们可能曾保护了我们的安全。
They might have kept us safe.
它们可能曾让我们活了下来。
They might have kept us alive.
它们可能曾让我们留在这些社交圈里,但我却会对别人态度恶劣,以免他们靠近我。
They might have held us inside of these social circles, but I'm gonna be a dick to people so that they don't get close to me.
或者我会对父母这样的权威人物阿谀奉承,以换取认可和赞美。
Or I'm gonna kiss up to authority figures like mom and dad so I'll get some recognition and praise.
这些行为会成为我们不知不觉、未经同意、毫无意识地带入成年生活的程序。
And that becomes an app that we carry into adulthood without knowing it, without our consent, without our awareness.
那个小孩子把这些东西带进了成年生活,只是稍作调整。
That little kid brings these things into adulthood, and they just modify.
所以我从不得不讨好一个自恋的母亲,变成了每天都要拍老板的马屁。
So I go from having to kiss up to a narcissistic mother to I'm going to kiss the boss's ass every single day.
大家都叫我办公室马屁精。
And everybody knows me as the office kiss ass.
这些行为只是从童年到成年的简单延续。
So they just translate from child to adult behavior.
如果我能开始理解这一点,就能帮助那个人认识到改变生活的根本方式。
And if I can start understanding that, then I can start getting that person to understand the fundamental way to change their life.
我会让他们把这些话公开说出来,目的是让他们感到愤怒。
And I make them put those phrases out in the open to where it's so I want them to be pissed off.
我会让他们把桌面壁纸设为:我不配拥有金钱。
So I will make them get a desktop wallpaper that says, I don't deserve money.
金钱是给别人的。
Money is for other people.
只是为了让他们的大脑经常意识到这种想法有多荒谬,并把它贴在励志海报上。
Just to make their brains see how stupid it is on a regular basis and put it on a motivational poster.
而这一部分的第二点是,任何自信的人都对积极结果有着普遍的预期。
And the second part of that is anybody who's confident has a generalized expectation of positive outcomes.
不是具体的,而是觉得事情总会好起来。
Not specific, but things are going to be fine.
事情总会好起来的。
Things are gonna be fine.
所以,如果我能做到这一点,你就能从根本上改变一个人的生活。
So if I can do that, you can fundamentally change someone's life.
因此,最后一点,它引向了自律:我需要让你与未来的自己建立关系,因为生活中发生的一切都与我们的哺乳动物大脑有关,也就是我们大脑的这部分较低层级,它不懂英语。
So the final point of that, which leads into discipline, is I need to get you to form a relationship with your future self Because everything that goes on in our life has to do with our mammalian brain, this lower part of our brain here, and it doesn't speak English.
没有任何积极的自我暗示能够穿透这道屏障。
There's no affirmation that's going to penetrate that barrier.
没有任何一句墙上的格言或PPT幻灯片能从根本上改变你的行为。
There's no, like, I'm going to read a quote on a wall or a PowerPoint slide that's going to fundamentally change behavior.
你必须改变那个动物性部分——大脑中的哺乳动物部分。
You have to change the animal, the mammalian part of the brain.
所以我问所有我训练的人一个问题:我要怎么教一条狗做这件事?
So the question I ask everybody that I'm training is, how would I teach it to a dog?
我要怎么展示我的目标?
How would I show my goals?
如果我为明年设定目标,我要怎么向一条狗展示这些目标?
If I'm setting goals for next year, how would I show that to a dog?
因为我必须把事情简化到哺乳动物能理解的程度。
Because I have to get it down to a mammal.
所以最快的方法是通过视觉手段。
So the fastest way to do that is through visual means.
所以我让所有客户下载这个应用程序。
So I have all of my clients download this app.
我想不起它的名字了。
I can't remember the name of it.
可能有一百个这样的应用。
There's probably 100.
但这样会让你看起来像95岁。
But it makes you look like 95.
是的。
Yeah.
而且你全身都是皱纹。
And you're just covered in wrinkles.
它会让你的头发掉得很多。
It makes a lot of your hair kind of go away.
我会把它们打印出来,贴得到处都是,就持续几周。
And I make them printed out and put it everywhere just for a couple of weeks.
现在我们开始与未来的自己建立一种原始哺乳动物般的心灵联系,这会改变我的饮食方式、花钱习惯、可能还会改变我睡觉的时间、饮酒量,最重要的是我从哪里获取多巴胺。
And now we start developing a mental mammalian relationship with our future self, which changes how I eat, changes how I spend money, it changes maybe what time I go to bed, how much alcohol I drink, and mostly where I'm getting my dopamine from.
如果我画一张我获取多巴胺的所有来源的地图,而其中超过50%来自酒精、色情内容,或者所有这些我不想要的东西,那时你就必须非常非常诚实地面对自己:在我的生活中,我应该从哪里获得健康的多巴胺?
If I draw a map of everywhere I'm getting my dopamine from, and more than 50% of it is on alcohol or porn or all of these things that I don't want, you have to be very, very honest with yourself at that point of where do I need to get dopamine in front of them in my life?
每一个我认识的成功人士,都有一个良好的多巴胺来源地图。
And successful people, every single successful person that I've ever met has a good dopamine map.
所以他们从好的来源获得多巴胺,而不是坏的来源。
So they they get dopamine from good sources instead of bad ones.
自律和自信之间有关系吗?
And is there a relationship between discipline and confidence?
我认为确实如此。
I think so very much.
假设你和我坐在机场里,比如说我们在亚特兰大机场,我问你,而你又不是行为分析专家,据我所知。
It's like if if you and I were sitting in an airport together, let's say we're sitting in Atlanta Airport, and I just asked you if and you're not a behavior profiler, as far as I know.
但我对你说:史蒂文,环顾四周,找一个有自律的人。
But I said, Steven, look around and find somebody that's disciplined.
你只需要五秒钟就能找到,因为我们不需要去分析别人。
It would take you five seconds because we don't need to to profile people.
这是一种你有意注意到的自然直觉,但我们其实一直在无意识中捕捉到这种信号。
That's a natural thing that you picked up on it on purpose, but we pick up on it unconsciously all the time.
拥有这种程度的自律会自动提升我们的自信,因为我们知道别人会注意到这一点,同时我们也清楚,自己比与之交谈或日常接触的人更掌控自我。
So having that level of discipline elevates our level of confidence automatically because we know that other people are going to pick up on it, but we also know I'm moving up, and I'm probably more in control of myself than the person that I'm talking to or the people that I'm dealing with regularly.
我们镜头外的生活方式会体现在我们的自信中。
So how we live off camera is coming through in our confidence.
这正是我们之前谈到的:环境、时间和外表。
That's the exact thing that we were talking about, that environment, time, appearance.
如果我能以我希望别人在生活中的每个角落看待我的方式来生活,我的自信就会自然增长。
And if I can live off camera the same way that I want to be perceived by everybody in my life, my confidence already starts to grow.
你还提到享受也是五个要素之一。
And you said enjoyment as well was one of the five.
是的。
Yeah.
为什么享受这么重要?
Why is enjoyment important?
我后来加上了这一点。
I added it on there.
花了一些时间,但我回顾了我曾经训练过的每一个人。
It took a while, but I walked through everybody I've ever trained.
如果你观察那些天生具有领导力并拥有那种权威感的人,他们并不是只顾着当下享乐,而是平静地享受此刻正在发生的一切。
And if you look at everyone who is a natural leader and has that level of authority, they're not just partying in the moment, but just in calmly enjoying what is happening now.
所以你或许可以称之为正念。
So maybe you could call it mindfulness.
但我认为,享受和处于享受状态这一特质,是人类最具吸引力的特质。
But I think just the trait of enjoyment and being in enjoyment is the most magnetic human trait that there is.
关于观察,也就是你成功或失败三角模型的第二部分,我需要了解什么?
What do I need to know about observation, which is the second part of your triangle to success or failure?
观察,就是能够读懂一个场合的氛围。
Observation, being able to read a room.
有可能读懂一个场合的氛围吗?
Is it possible to be able to read a room?
是的。
Yeah.
我该怎样去读懂一个场合的氛围?
How would I go about reading a room?
好的。
Okay.
所以,如果你在观察一个公共区域,是的。
So if if you're reading like a public area Yeah.
让我们回到机场的例子吧。
Let's go back to the airport maybe.
是的。
Yeah.
如果我在一个公共区域,我特别关注房间里移动最慢的人。
If I'm in a public area, I really wanna pay attention to the slowest moving person in the room.
我想留意谁比其他人更有自信。
I want to pay attention to who is more confident than the other person.
这通常又回到了速度的问题上。
And that's typically going back to speed.
如果我能很好地读懂他人,我也会与他们保持大量眼神交流。
And if I'm reading other people well, I'm also making a lot of eye contact with them.
所以,这也是快速读懂他人的一种方式,就是观察他们眨眼的频率。
So that's also one of the fastest ways to get a read on another human being, is how often they're blinking.
如果一个人眨眼很快,这表明他压力很大。
And if a person is blinking fast, it's a sign of high stress.
如果他们眨眼非常缓慢,这表明他们很专注。
If they're blinking really slow, it's a sign of focus.
所以这并不总是代表放松。
So it's not always relaxation.
所以,如果我在审讯室或商业谈判中与一个心理变态者交谈,而他们非常专注于猎物——我们称之为‘猎物专注’,因为他们打算操纵某人。
So if I talk to a psychopath in an interrogation room or in a business negotiation, and they're very focused on prey, so we call that a prey focus, because they're going to manipulate somebody.
他们的眨眼频率几乎会接近零。
Their blink rate will almost be a zero.
如果我与一个在说谎的人交谈,他们的眨眼频率可能会飙升到每分钟75到80次,而我们甚至察觉不到。
If I talk to somebody who's being deceptive, their blink rate can go up to like a 75, 80 without us even knowing it.
所以眨眼频率如此可靠的原因之一,是因为它是无意识的。
So one of the reasons that blink rate is so reliable is that it's unconscious.
我们并没有意识到眨眼频率的变化,而且也无法很好地主动控制它。
We don't realize the shifts in blink rate, and we don't manually control it very well.
如果我只需要教别人一件事,那就不必去数每分钟眨眼多少次,只要在对话中,我一开始就会问:眨眼频率正常吗?
And if all that I would ever need to teach somebody you don't have to count or know how many times per minute it's going on is if I'm in a conversation, I'm going to start the conversation and say, is the blink rate normal?
看起来是快了吗?
Does it look fast?
看起来是慢了吗?
Does it look slow?
因此,我在观察人类行为时,真正关注的是变化,持续的变化。
So what I'm really looking for in human behavior are changes, changes.
所以,如果我在台上演讲,比如做一场主题发言,环视全场与观众进行眼神交流时,如果发现观众的眨眼频率增加,我就知道必须立刻更换话题。
So if I'm on stage, you know, if I'm let's say I'm doing a keynote, and across the room, I'm making eye contact with all these people, and I start seeing an increase in audience blink rate, I know I need to change the subject or change the topic right away.
所以你是要盯着某一个人看吗?
So would you be looking at one particular person?
不用。
No.
所以一般来说
So Generally
是的
Yeah.
所以我会观察所有这些眼睛,并假装自己在看一个人。
So I would look at all of these eyes and pretend like I'm looking at one human.
好的。
Okay.
这说得通吗?
Does that make sense?
获取平均值,是的。
Getting an average of the Yeah.
所以当我环顾四周时,我看到了多少次眨眼?
So as I'm looking around, how many blinks do I see?
我会假装那是一只人眼。
And I'm gonna pretend as if that was one human eye.
好的。
Okay.
当你的眼睑闭合频率降低时,说明人们更加专注。
So when you get a lower blink rate, people are paying more attention.
是的。
Yeah.
你做得很好。
You're doing a great job.
你可以去参加这些路演会议,创业者会上台向天使投资人等推介项目,比如在华盛顿,你能通过眨眼频率来判断谁最感兴趣吗?
And you can I go to these pitch meetings where these entrepreneurs will go up and pitch these angel investors and stuff like that up in Washington, and you can measure who will pitch based on blink rate?
当你看到眨眼频率下降时,那就是房间里最感兴趣的人。
You see a blink rate drop, that is the most interested person in the room.
我们在陪审团遴选时也用同样的方法。
We do the same thing with jury selection.
这非常可靠。
It's so reliable.
你还会读到一些文章,讲有人把呼吸集中在胸口。
And you read these articles about someone breathing into their chest.
用周边视觉做到这一点需要一段时间,因为我教过不少人,他们跟人交谈时会一直盯着对方的胸口。
It takes a while to get good at that with your peripheral vision, because I've taught it to people, and they would spend a conversation with someone staring at their chest.
尤其是当你跟女性交谈时,这绝对是个糟糕的做法。
And especially if you're talking to a woman, it's a bad idea.
所以眨眼频率非常可靠。
So blink rate is incredibly reliable.
因此,总结一下这项技能,是的。
So to recap that skill Yeah.
我开始一段对话。
I start a conversation.
看起来正常吗?
Does it look pretty normal?
是很快,还是有点慢?
Is it pretty fast or or kind of slow?
然后我会观察变化,我在这个房间里看的全部就是什么在变化。
Then I'm gonna look for changes, and that's all I'm looking for in a room of people is what's changing.
所以70%是具有欺骗性的,而0%则是精神病态者。
So 70 is deceptive, and zero is psychopath.
70%代表压力。
70 is stress.
并不总是具有欺骗性。
Not always deceptive.
好的。
Okay.
而0%基本上就是精神病态者。
And zero is psychopath, basically.
0%可能是精神病态者。
Zero might be psychopath.
语境是第二个'c'。
Context is the second letter c.
在行为分析中,我们谈论五个C。
There's five c's that we talk about in behavior profiling.
首先是变化,然后是情境。
So change, then context.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
所以现在,比如有人交叉了双臂,你上网查一下,会说这是防御、隐瞒、封闭的表现,看到所有这些解读。
So now, like, somebody just crossed their arms, you read the Internet, it says it's being defensive, withholding, closed off, see all that stuff.
但如果天气冷得要命呢?
Well, what if it's freezing cold?
是的。
Yeah.
所以我们现在有了接触。
So now we have contact.
这真有意思。
So interesting.
我上一次对话中真的发生了这种情况。
That actually happened in my last conversation.
我尽量不封闭自己的身体,嗯。
I am I try not to close off my body Mhmm.
我这样做是因为有时候我的本能反应就是这样。
When I'm doing this because some sometimes my natural reaction is to go go like this.
而有时候,特别是这里到了晚上,没有风扇也没有暖气时,我就会这样。
And then sometimes, especially in here when it gets later and we didn't have the fan and the heater, I would go like this.
是的。
Yeah.
我当时在想,但这样做对客人来说很不礼貌。
And what I'm if, like, the I was thinking, but this is rude.
这对客人来说很无礼。
It gets rude to the guest.
但我看了看自己的手臂,发现满是鸡皮疙瘩,于是意识到这就是情境的影响。
But I looked at my arms, and I had these, like, massive goosebumps, and I was like, that's the context.
是的。
Yeah.
实际情况是我快冻僵了。
The context is I'm fucking freezing.
是的。
Yeah.
但对客人来说,看起来我会这样做。
But to the guest, it would look like I'm going like this.
是的。
Yeah.
你懂的?
You know?
所以这就是为什么我觉得肢体语言如此微妙。
So this is why body language is so delicate, I think.
它确实很微妙。
It is delicate.
人们很难对它进行同行评审的研究,因为有上百万个变量。
And it's so hard to for people to do peer reviewed research on it because there's a million variables.
这就像是说,为什么罗杰·费德勒能在没有同行评审研究支持他做法的情况下赢得网球比赛呢?
It's like saying, well, why should Roger Federer win a tennis match when he doesn't have any peer reviewed studies to back up what he's doing?
是的。
Yeah.
肢体语言也是同样的道理,因为他们做的都是审讯研究。
It's the same thing with body language because they're doing interrogation research.
所以他们认为,一个拿到午餐券的大学生走进来,假装关于一只鸭子撒谎,和一个在战斗中被俘、连续几天睡眠剥夺、头上套着黑布、被拖进审讯室的人,他们的行为是完全一样的。
So they're saying that a college kid who gets a lunch voucher and walks in and pretends to lie about a duck is exactly the same as someone who's been captured in combat, sleep deprived for a few days, has a black hood over their head, they're drug into an interrogation room.
他们声称这些行为是相同的。
They're saying those behaviors are identical.
然后还有关于说谎与不说谎的同行评审研究。
Then there's the peer reviewed research on lying and not lying.
你无法如此精确地复制人类的行为。
You cannot replicate human behavior that well.
人们把它当作一种药物来对待,好像我给某人吃一片泰诺,就能测量出所有反应一样。
And people treat it like it's a pharmaceutical, like I can put a Tylenol in somebody and I can measure all these responses.
但这种东西并不能像那样直接录入电子表格。
And it doesn't really go into a spreadsheet like that.
那里有很多出色的研究,但我要说,要如此完美地复制所有这些情况实在太难了。
And there's a lot of great research out there, but I'd say it's just so incredibly hard to replicate everything in in with perfection like that.
那么第一个C是什么?
So what was the first c?
第一个C是改变。
First c is change.
我想寻找
I wanna look for
然后你想要关注情境。
a And then you wanna look at context.
还有第三个C吗?
Is there a third c?
那应该是集群。
That would be clusters.
集群。
Clusters.
所以你会读到一些文章,说某人看起来怎样或做某事可能是欺骗性的。
So then you read articles that say someone looks a certain way or does a certain thing that might be deceptive.
我最常听到的例子是,有人摸自己的鼻子。
Like, the most common one I hear is someone touches their nose.
所以有人摸鼻子可能是在撒谎。
So someone touching their nose might be being deceptive.
如果你只看到一个行为,我几乎可以说这几乎没有任何意义。
If you're just seeing one thing, I would say that almost never means anything.
你需要寻找一组行为模式。
You want to look for a cluster of behavior.
于是他们开始变得紧张,这是一种变化。
So they started getting nervous, which is a change.
这是因为我在询问他们周三晚上在哪里。
It's because I'm asking about where they were on Wednesday night.
这就是背景。
There's the context.
当他们变得紧张时,还用手保护生殖器并舔嘴唇,这是一种我们常见的卫生动作。
And while they were getting nervous, they also started protecting their genitals with their hands and licking their lips, which is a hygienic gesture that we do.
现在,我在适当的背景下观察到了变化,并且出现了一组行为模式。
So now I have a change within the context that's appropriate, and there's a cluster of behavior.
之后,我会考虑文化因素。
After that, I screen through culture.
这个人所处的文化或背景中,是否有某种原因导致他们做出这样的行为?
Is there some part of this person's culture or background that makes them do that?
比如,我曾和一个年轻人在一起。
Like, I was with a young person.
我们正在观看一名巴基斯坦人接受审问。
We were watching a Pakistani person get interrogated.
你知道在世界那个地区,人们常常会那样摇头
And you know how you commonly see that kind of head shake
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
在那个地区。
In that region of the world.
他说,哦,他一边说‘是’一边摇头。
And he said, oh, he's shaking his head while he's saying yes.
这时候我们就深入到那个层面了。
I'm like, now we get down to that sea.
这就是文化,它排除了这种行为或使其失效。
This is culture, which rules out that behavior or gets rid of it.
最后,列表上最不重要的就是核对清单。
And finally, the least important thing on that list is the checklist.
所谓核对清单,是指一份已知可能与欺骗相关的动作清单。
And by checklist, I mean there is a list of known behaviors that are likely to be deception.
如果你研究肢体语言,你处理的是可能性。
And if you're in body language, you deal in likelihood.
我们只处理可能性。
That's all we deal in.
有些人说他们对某些事情有100%的把握,但我持怀疑态度。
Some people say they're 100% sure on stuff, and I'm skeptical.
但我们处理的是可能性。
But we deal in likelihood.
所以我们应该始终以这种方式来分析。
So we should always process in that.
因此,如果一个人舔嘴唇或以某种方式移动,即使这在清单上,也不意味着他就是在欺骗。
So if someone licking their lips or moving a certain way, if it's in on a checklist does not mean that it's deceptive.
是的。
Mhmm.
但如果他们一直这样做呢?
Because what if they do it all the time?
那么我们就没有任何变化了。
Then we don't have a change.
这说得通吗?
Does that make sense?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我在想我年轻时做过的一些事,有一段时间,不知为什么,我总是这样。
Was thinking about things I used to do when I was younger, and there was just a period of my life where, for some bizarre reason, I used to go like this.
我那时经常这么做。
I used to do all the time.
打勾?
Tick?
这简直就像一个习惯性动作。
It was almost like a tick.
是的。
Yeah.
这真的有点奇怪。
It's almost really weird.
我觉得这么说听起来可能特别疯狂,但我最好的朋友之一,发型就像窗帘一样。
I think this sounds like a really crazy thing to say, but one of my best friends had, like, curtains, like, the haircut curtains.
好吧。
Okay.
他经常甩动它,而我几乎就像是通过他间接地学会了这种甩动动作。
And he used to flick it, and I almost, like, vicariously picked up the, like, flicking from him.
我那时候总是这么做。
I'd go like that all the time.
但我只是在想,如果有人看到我这样做,他们会认为这是一种行为表现,而实际上这只不过是我年轻时持续了大约两年的一个奇怪习惯,后来就消失了。
But I was just thinking if someone saw me doing that, they would perceive that as some form of behavior, whereas it was just this weird thing that lasted for, like, two years when I was younger and then went away.
是的。
Yeah.
但你一直这么做吗?
But did you do it all the time?
我只是做了,哦,我不知道。
I just did it I oh, I don't know.
我觉得我只是随机地做。
I felt like I just did it randomly.
但那并不会是一种改变。
But that that wouldn't be a change
好的。
Okay.
如果我第一次见你的话。
If I if I was meeting you.
是的。
Yeah.
你曾经在《龙穴》节目里待了一段时间。
And you were on the Dragon's Den for a while.
我到现在还在。
Still am.
是的。
Yeah.
人们向你推销各种想法。
And people pitch you
是的。
Yeah.
各种各样的点子。
All kinds of ideas.
只要有人上过这个节目,或者具备与你相似的技能,你就能看穿很多人。
That just having somebody on the show or just having those skills with you, you could see through a lot of those people.
他们是否诚实地推销自己的项目,是否对自己所推销的内容充满信心。
And whether or not they're being honest about what they're pitching, they're confident about what they're pitching.
你可以看看《鲨鱼坦克》这样的节目,我随便看一集《鲨鱼坦克》,就能看出谁眨眼最少。
And you could look at a show like Shark Tank, and I can watch any episode of Shark Tank and look who's blinking the least.
他们99%的时间会第一个出价,因为他们最专注于正在发生的事情。
They're going to be the first to make an offer 99% of the time because they're the most focused on what's going on.
他们个人非常投入。
Personally invested.
所以这很有趣,你只需要观察一两个细节,就能预测出压力或专注程度。
So that's fascinating, is that you could just look at one or two things and predict stress or focus.
如果你能掌握这一点,哪怕只带走这一个技巧,那也将是一种超能力。
And just being able to do that, if you just took that one thing away from this, that would be a superpower.
因为我坐在这里接待嘉宾,他们讲述自己的人生故事,我常常能发现一些行为模式。
Because I sit here with guests, right, and they talk about their life stories and stuff, and I often see some patterns of behavior.
是的。
Yeah.
特别是当你问到某人童年或生活中某个敏感话题时,他们会突然封闭自己。
Specifically, like, closing up when you ask someone something about their childhood or a specific sensitive subject in their life.
嗯嗯。
Mhmm.
你往往会看到一些自我安慰的行为,某种程度上是这样。
You tend to see, like, self I call it, like, self soothing behavior to some degree.
所以这很难。
So it's difficult.
有趣的是,我们现在都成了业余的肢体语言专家。
And it's funny because we we're all, like, amateur body language experts now.
是的。
Yeah.
因为网上有很多内容教人识别这些信号。
Because there's been a lot of stuff online saying, spot this.
他们有没有摸鼻子之类的?
Did they touch their nose, etcetera?
所以这也可能有危险。
So it can also be dangerous.
确实可以。
It can.
而且它会让我们产生这种想法:哦,我看到过一件事。
And it can give us these, like, oh, I saw this one thing.
我再也不和那个人做生意了。
I'm never doing business with that guy.
是的。
Yeah.
而且,他谈论那件事的时候,挠了三次鼻子。
And, like, he scratched his nose three times while he was talking about that.
嗯,他是在看他的公文包。
Well, he's look in his briefcase.
里面放着抗过敏药。
He's got allergy medication in there.
所以他才挠鼻子。
He's scratching his nose.
季节刚刚变了。
The season just changed.
现在是春天。
It's springtime.
他进来时鼻子是红的,所以在进门之前已经挠了三十分钟了。
His nose is red when he came in, so he's been scratching it for thirty minutes before he walked in the door.
所以我们开始意识到,我看到的不是变化。
So now we we start to realize I'm not seeing a change.
我看到的是重复的行为。
I'm seeing something that was repetitive.
沟通是成功或失败三角形中的第三个要素。
And communication is the third one in the triangle to success or failure.
沟通。
Communication.
到目前为止,我得出的结论是,说话慢代表更高的权威。
So what I've got so far is talking slow is higher authority.
是的
Yeah.
如果我想成为一名出色的沟通者,还有哪些方面是我应该考虑的?
Is there anything else that if I wanna be a master communicator, I should be thinking about?
当然。
Absolutely.
在沟通方面,善于讲故事非常好,现在有成千上万的播客可以教人这一点。
When it comes to communication, a, being a good storyteller is great, and there's a million podcasts out there that can teach somebody that.
但关键在于你是否能与你面前的这个人有效沟通
But it comes down to whether or not you can speak to the person that you are in front of
嗯。
Mhmm.
并理解对方是什么样的人。
And understanding what kind of person that is.
我通常通过人们从他人那里需要什么,将人分为六类。
And there's a few ways that I identify I I segregate people into six groups, and that's through what do they need from other people.
那么,我在社交上需要什么样的东西呢?
So what kind of things do I need socially?
这些包括重要性,
And these are significance,
认可,
acceptance,
赞同、智慧、同情和力量。
approval, intelligence, pity, and strengthpower.
在每一次对话中,如果你问别人关于他们自己的事,他们就会展现其中某一项需求给你。
And in every conversation, if you ask somebody about themselves, they're going to come across and reveal one of those things to you.
所以,如果我知道你是一个追求重要性的人,而我却向你推销这个想法有多聪明,以及你做出这个选择有多明智,那我就是在用完全相反的方式与你沟通。
So if I know that you are a significance driven person, and I'm selling you on how smart of an idea this is and how intelligent you are for making this choice, I'm communicating the way opposite in what you need to hear.
因此,每当你谈论自己、你的成就、你生活中喜欢的东西、这周发生了什么、你最美好的回忆时,这些需求就会逐渐显露出来。
So the moment that I hear you talk about yourself, your accomplishments, what you like in life, what happened for you this week, what's a great memory that you have, every conversation, you're gonna hear this stuff starting to get revealed.
所以当你听到某人谈论这些内容时——这些都是你在对话中很快就能捕捉到的信息。
So you hear somebody within and these are conversations there are things that you could hear in a conversation pretty quickly.
你开始和某人交谈,对方说,是的,我其实是那家公司的首席执行官。
You start talking to somebody, they said, yeah, I'm actually the CEO at that company.
我手下有四百九十名员工,明年可能就要套现退出了。
I've got four ninety people that work for me, and I'm probably going to be making an exit sometime next year.
所以你听到了。
So you hear that.
这体现了地位,对吧?
There's significance, right?
然后你留意对方是否寻求认可。
Then you listen for approval.
当你听到有人说:‘明天我得上台演讲,但我根本不擅长公开讲话。’
And this is when you hear people say, well, I've got to go up on stage tomorrow, but I suck at public speaking.
我肯定会搞砸的。
I'm going to I'm going to really bomb at it.
我真的很紧张。
I'm just really nervous.
试图让你说不。
Trying to get you to say, no.
你并不差。
You don't suck.
你很棒。
You're great.
你上次做得很好。
You did great last time.
这次你一定会大放异彩。
You're going to rock this.
你能行的。
You got this.
然后你还有那些寻求认同的人。
Then you have the acceptance people.
他们总会使用我们、我们、我们的,还有团队这样的词。
They'll always use the terms like we, us, our, and just team.
所以,那些注重接纳的人总是强调自己是某个群体的成员,这一点会体现在他们的表达中。
So the acceptance people are all about, like, I'm a member of some kind of group, and that'll come across in their communication.
当你问一个注重接纳的人关于假期的事,他们会说,是的,我去过迈阿密。
So you ask a significance person about a vacation, and they say, yeah, I went down to Miami.
那地方太棒了。
It was fantastic.
我玩得非常开心,昨晚才刚回来。
I had a great time, and I just got back last night.
如果你问一个注重接纳的人,他们会说,我们一起去的那儿。
You ask an acceptance person, and they'll say, we went down there.
我们所有人都去了那个地方,一起做了这些事。
All of us went to this thing, and we did this.
所以你会经常听到这种谈论群体和归属感的语言。
So you hear a lot of this language that talks about groups and membership.
你再来看看智力层面。
You get into the intelligence side.
你经常听到人们说,是的,我其实是在这个人那里拿到的MBA学位吗?
How often do you hear people go, yeah, I actually got my MBA from this person.
哦,我的硕士论文就是研究这个的。
Oh, I did my master's thesis on that.
你有没有听到过人们流露出这种智力型的表达?
Do you hear this intelligence stuff come out of people?
可惜的是,你很容易就能识别出一个同情型的人。
And the pity is you can identify a pity person pretty well.
而这些人是最难沟通的。
And those are the hardest people to communicate to.
如果我要给你一套针对每种类型的人的最佳话术,同情型的人希望听到的是:我简直无法相信你经历了这么多,还能走到今天这一步,因为我觉得没几个人能做到。
And the pity person always like, if I want to give you the ideal thing to say to each one of these people, The pity person wants to hear, I can't believe all the stuff that you've been through, and you've got to this point, because I don't think many people would have.
同情型的人渴望别人认可他们的苦难。
Pity wants recognition of suffering.
最后,我们还有力量与掌控型的人。
And finally, we have the strength and power person.
这并不总是《回到未来》里的比夫。
And this isn't always Biff from Back to the Future.
所以,它可能是一个公司里的领导者,但他们渴望掌控。
So it can be somebody who's a leader in a company, but they want control.
因此,重要性指的是:我是否产生了影响?
So significance is, do I make a difference?
力量和掌控指的是:我是否能控制他人?
Strength and power is, do I have control over other people?
这些人都属于从那种强行挤上领导位置的人,到那些开着夸张改装皮卡、车后还挂着塑料睾丸的人。
These are the everybody from, like, the leader who kind of forces his way into the top to the guy with the ridiculous jacked up pickup truck that has, like, the plastic testicles hanging off of the back of it.
一旦你理解了某人属于哪种类型,你该如何调整自己的沟通方式,以更有效地与他们交流?
And once you understand what categorization someone fits into, how would you show up in a way that's effective in communicating with them?
比如说,如果我正在和一个重视重要性的人交谈。
Say, for example, if I'm talking to a significance person.
是的。
Yeah.
我只是在和他们谈一笔交易,我该去迎合他们的价值感吗?
Do I just I'm trying to close a deal with them or something, do I pander to their significance?
是的。
Yeah.
我们还教聪明人识别其他几种类型。
So there's a few other types that we teach intelligence people to identify.
我们做决定有六种方式,而我们追求的价值目标也有六种类型。
There's six ways we make decisions and then six ways that we have values, which is our end goal that we want.
但我想用一种方式表达,这个决定会提升你的价值感。
But I want to speak in a way that says this decision is going to increase your level of significance.
在我向他们提出请求之前,我想先称赞他们的价值感。
And I want to compliment them on their level of significance right before I ask them for something.
所以我可以说,史蒂文,这档播客真棒。
So I could say, Steven, this is a great podcast.
你有数百万订阅者,显然你对许多人的生活产生了影响。
You've got millions of subscribers, and it's obvious you make a difference in so many people's lives.
你是一个重视意义的人。
And you are a significance person.
因此,这对你是有效的,因为我知道你希望尽可能产生最大的影响。
So that would be effective for you, because I know that you want to make the biggest difference that you can.
我想以一种方式表达,一方面能触及他们的需求,并让他们知道我是能满足这些需求的资源。
And I want to speak in a way that, a, speaks to their needs and lets them know that I am a source for that.
另一方面,做出这个决定——无论我们讨论的是卖车还是其他什么事——都将提升你从他人那里获得同样需求的能力。
But b, that making this decision, whatever we're talking about, selling a car, whatever, is going to increase your ability to get that same need from other people.
所以我认为,如果我们一起做这件事,马上就会发生的第一件事是:你将能够影响两倍多的人。
So I think if we did this together, I think the number one thing that's going to happen right away is you're going to be able to impact twice as many people.
你将在世界上留下更深的印记。
You're going to leave a much deeper footprint on the world.
因此,我给你的是,我们将使你的订阅者或听众数量翻倍。
So I'm giving you we're going to double your subscribers or your listeners.
但不仅仅是这些。
But not just that.
你将对这个世界产生更大的影响和留下更深远的遗产。
You're going to make a bigger impact and legacy on the world.
所以每当我思考需求时,总是从神经递质的角度来考虑。
So every time I'm thinking about needs, always think in terms of neurotransmitters.
所以如果我能肯定某人的需求,这正是我们从他人那里需要的东西。
So if I can compliment someone on their need, that's what we need from other people.
因此,当他们听到这些时,我会让他们大脑释放出五亿个神经递质。
So I'm giving them, like, 500,000,000 neurotransmitters being released when they hear this.
所以这不仅仅是像我们刚才提到的那些痛苦、不安和各种问题。
So it's not just that we're kind of suffering and insecure and all these things that we talked about a minute ago.
我们每个人也都是药物成瘾者。
We're also drug addicts, everybody.
我们只需要找出这个人上瘾的药物是什么。
We just need to identify the drug that that person's addicted to.
我刚才在想那支笔。
I was thinking about the pen.
我当时想,如果我是那种聪明人,你要怎么向我推销这支笔呢?
I was like, I was gonna ask you to if I'm a if I'm an intelligence person and you had to sell me the pen.
是的。
Yeah.
你会怎么做呢?
How would you go about that?
你知道,世界上有很多人,我认为大多数人只是随大流。
You know, I think there's a lot of people in the world out there, and I think most people just do what other people do.
我相信你也会同意,世界上有太多人只会做最基础的事情。
And I'm sure you would agree there's so many idiots out there that just get with the basic thing.
我就做这个最基本的事,他们很少突破常规。
I'm gonna this basic thing, and they don't really go outside the box very often.
但偶尔你会遇到一些懂得更高品质事物的人,遇到一些能以不同视角看待问题的人。
And every once in a while, there's you meet somebody who knows higher quality things, and you meet somebody who is able to see things at a level different than other people.
我会在谈论智力时,潜意识里把这一切都与这支笔联系起来。
And I would talk about that intelligence while subconsciously I'm associating all of that with this.
这不一样。
This is different.
它是独特的。
It's unique.
它是一支铅笔。
It's a pencil.
但它不像其他铅笔。
But it's it's not like other pencils.
它不是那种普通的、大众化的玩意儿。
It's not the basic run of the mill thing.
所以我要以某种方式来呈现它,而且我会先做一个负面评价。
So I'm gonna present that in a way, and I'm gonna start with a negative comment.
而这是一种非常有效的说服策略:我会将某种我不希望你拥有的东西与负面联想联系起来。
And this is one of the most effective persuasion strategies is to I'm gonna negatively associate something I don't want you to have.
假设我们刚开始做播客,我担心史蒂文不会认同我。
So let's say we're starting our podcast, and I'm afraid Steven's not going to connect with me.
而且我知道你是一个追求自我价值的人。
And I know that you're significance driven.
就像我们一开始那样,假设我在这期播客的最开头说这么一番话,我说:“史蒂文,谢谢你邀请我来,兄弟。”
As we started out, imagine if I said something at the very beginning of this podcast, and I said, Steven, thanks for having me, man.
现在网上的人实在太多了。
And there's so many people out there.
还有就是,每当我在对话里说负面内容的时候,我绝对不会在你我之间做出任何指向性的手势。
And when anytime I say something negative in a conversation, I never want to gesture in between you and me.
我总是倾向于做出向外挥手的手势
I always want to gesture away.
那我就可以借这个动作说,我们现在聊的是别的那种人
So this is we're talking about other people.
世界上有太多人从来不会为这个世界付出什么,也根本没兴趣去帮助其他人
There's so many people out there who just don't really give back to the world, and they don't really have an interest in helping other people.
结果就是,每次你碰到这种人,还和他们坐下来相处的时候
And it's like every time you meet one of those people, you sit down with them.
他们都有一个共同点。
It's like all of them have the same thing in common.
当他们坐下来与人交谈时,根本无法停下来建立联系。
They can't just stop and connect when they sit down with somebody.
所以我用你所重视的需求来贬低一种特质,比如无法建立联系。
So I'm demonizing a trait using your needs that I don't want you to have, like the inability to connect.
啊,明白了。
Ah, okay.
有意思。
Interesting.
而且你有意识地指向外面,表示这是别人,而不是
And you're consciously pointing off to gesture to it's others, not
对。
Right.
直到我说出‘联系’这个词,我才开始在你我之间来回手势。
Until I said the word connect, and then I gestured between you and me back and forth between both of us.
是的
Mhmm.
而“停止”这个词在英语中是一个非常有力的词。
And that word stop is a very powerful word in the English language.
所以当我说到,他们似乎都具有相同的特质时。
So when I said, it's like all of them have the same quality to them.
他们无法仅仅停下来,与他人建立充分的连接。
They can't just stop and fully connect with somebody else.
这是一件非常微妙的事情。
That's a very subtle thing.
但我利用了你的神经递质。
But I've used your neurotransmitters.
我利用了你的需求,让你点头表示认同。
I've used your needs, and I've got you to agree you nodded your head.
认同那些人其实并不善于与他人建立连接。
Agree that those people don't really connect well with other people.
所以这些东西的力量就是如此强大。
So that's how powerful that stuff can be.
你也可以用同样的方法反过来操作。
And you can use the same thing in in reverse.
我可以表达一个积极的观点。
And I could say a positive thing.
我可以说,你知道吗,史蒂文,让我感到着迷的是,我走遍了全世界。
And I could say, you know, Steven, what's fascinating to me is I've gone around the world.
我见过好几位企业家。
I've met several entrepreneurs.
我见过一些上过电视的人。
I've met people who are on TV.
在见到他们之前,你可能会觉得他们态度轻蔑、漫不经心。
And it's like you think that they are just dismissive offhand before you meet them.
但当你真正见到这些人时,会感到不可思议。
And it's incredible when you meet these people.
他们所有人好像都拥有一种能力,能屏蔽周遭一切干扰,全心全意地和身边的人建立联结。
It's like all of them have this ability to just tune everything out and just completely connect with somebody.
对的。
Mhmm.
而这么做也能产生同样的效果。
And that would have the same effect.
那这背后到底是怎么一回事呢?
And what what's going on there?
大家会不会因为这种描述是正面的,就想成为那样的人,努力达到别人给我们设定的这个期待?
People we wanna be that person because it's positive we wanna live up to that expectation set?
没错。
Right.
所以我刚才做的,其实就是引导你说出了克里斯·沃斯常说的那句“就是这样”。
So what I've done is I've got you to say, as Chris Voss would put it, that's right.
好的。
Okay.
但我让你说出了关于你自己的看法。
But I've got you to say that about who you are as a person.
好的。
Okay.
所以现在我不是在改变你的想法。
So now I'm not changing your ideas.
我是在改变你的身份。
I'm changing your identity.
改变我的身份?
Changing my identity?
或者对。
Or Yeah.
因为你已经认同了你是怎样的人。
Because you've made an agreement about who you are.
你点头说好了。
You've nodded Okay.
你的,如果我想更进一步,我会先做一个坦白,我会说,你知道吗?
Your And if I wanted to take that further, I would I would make an admission first, and I'd say, you know what?
我小时候有社交焦虑,我很想知道。
I had social anxiety growing up, and I'm curious.
你一直以来都能和每个你交谈的人轻松建立联系,这是天生的,还是你后天努力的结果?
What is it that have you always been able to just connect with everybody you talk to, or is this something that you had to work on?
哦,这是个问题吗?
Oh, is that a question?
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
但我知道这并不是一个问题。
But I know it's not a question.
对。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
瞬间问题。
Moment question.
当你问出这个问题并开始回答时,你就已经就自己是谁达成了某种共识。
The moment that you ask that that you start to answer that question, you've made an agreement about who you are as a person.
所以,如果我想让某人少一点封闭,我可能会说:我这一生一直担心别人怎么想,直到25岁才终于能打开心扉。
So if I wanted somebody to be less closed off, I might say, you know, I've spent my whole life just worried about what other people think, and I was 25 before I got to a point where I was able to open up.
你一直都是这样对人敞开心扉的吗?还是说你为此付出了努力?
Have you always been this open with people, or did you have to work on that?
所以,随便怎么回答,都不会有人直接说:其实我很封闭。
So just any answer, and no one's going to give you an answer of, like, actually, I'm just closed off.
我非常封闭,可能只有1%的人是这样。
I'm very closed minded, and that's maybe a point 1% of people.
所以是微小的共识。
So small agreements.
这些都不是设计让人逐字照搬的。
And none of these are designed for people to take word for word.
我想他们也可以这么做。
I guess they can.
但关键是让某人反思自己的身份,反思他们作为一个人的本质。
But it's about the idea of getting someone to comment on their own identity, who they are as a person.
关于沟通,还有其他特别重要的方面吗?
Is there anything else as it relates to communication that's especially important?
有趣的是,这么多人对沟通部分的兴趣,远大于对倾听部分的兴趣。
It's funny that so many people are interested in the communication part more so than the listening part.
他们想要的是飞行检查清单。
They want the flight checklist.
是的。
Yeah.
这让我想到朱利安·特雷莎,他做过关于如何成为优秀演讲者的TED演讲。
It's the thing with Julian Treasure, who did the TED talk on how to be a great speaker.
嗯嗯。
Mhmm.
他告诉我,他还做过一个关于如何成为优秀倾听者的TED演讲,但根本没人听。
He told me he also did a TED talk on how to be a great listener, no no one listened.
他说,每个人都很关注他关于演讲的那场,观看量高达三千五百万,但关于倾听的那场却没人感兴趣。
He said everyone wanted to his one on speaking has got, like, 35,000,000 views, but the one on listening just no one's interested in that.
但我猜,倾听对于成为一个优秀的演讲者来说起着至关重要的作用。
But I'm I'm guessing listening plays a pretty critical role to being a great speaker.
是的。
Yeah.
倾听意味着我能识别出你是谁,理解驱动你的需求,包括社会需求以及你做决定的方式。
And listening means I can identify who you are and what the needs that are driving you and the social needs and the the way that you make decisions.
这是观察的一部分吗?
Is that part of the observation part?
是的,绝对是。
Yes, absolutely.
仅仅通过倾听,我就掌握了与你沟通的恰当措辞,以及真正理解是什么在驱动你这个人的动机。
Just listening to that means that now I have the right words to use for the communication and the right understanding of what motivates you as a person.
所以,如果我是一名治疗师,这会让我成为一个更好的治疗师。
So if I'm a therapist, that makes me a better therapist.
如果我是一名人质谈判专家,这会让我成为一个更出色的人质谈判专家。
If I'm a hostage negotiator, that makes me a better hostage negotiator.
如果我是一名自杀预防热线接线员,这会让我的工作成效大幅提升,因为我能准确理解我正在与之交谈的人。
And if I'm a suicide hotline operator, that makes me way better at my job because I'm understanding exactly who I'm talking to.
我的目标是说服一个人去做他们通常不会做的事情。
And my goal is to talk someone into doing something that they normally would not do.
你提到了这种‘引导式提问’。
You talk about this elicitation.
是的。
Yeah.
什么是引导式提问?
What is elicitation?
这是一种中情局的技术。
It's a CIA technique.
对吧?
Right?
没错。
It is.
它最初是由一个叫约翰·诺兰的人提出的,但他的这本书现在已经不再销售了。
It was originally came up with by this guy named John Nolan, and his book is no longer for sale.
你只能在eBay上找到它。
It's you have to get it on eBay.
很难买到。
Like, it's hard to find.
但这本书叫《机密》。
But the book is called Confidential.
为什么它不再销售了?
Why isn't it no longer for sale?
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。