本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
在骰子塔桌旁。
At the table with the Dice Tower.
第六十七期。
Episode 67.
现场直播自2026年骰子塔西岸。
Live from Dice Tower West 2026.
欢迎收听《在骰子塔桌旁》,这是一档关于游戏和玩家的播客。
Welcome to At the Table with the Dice Tower, a podcast about games and the people who play them.
这次,我们仅在拉斯维加斯现场直播一晚,为大家呈现一个恐怖故事,回答观众提问,分享二十一点策略,并评选一些玫瑰、荆棘和草裙舞圈。
This time, we are live in Vegas for one night only to bring a tale of horror to life, take questions from the audience, share blackjack strategies, and round up some roses, thorns, and hula hoops.
我是埃里克·萨默勒。
I'm Eric Summerer.
我是朱莉·艾尔恩。
I'm Julie Ahern.
我是汤姆·瓦西尔。
And I'm Tom Vassil.
我们现在在,呃,这不是晚上。
And we're at, a, it's not night.
这不是只有一天。
It's not one day only.
我们在这里待的时间不止一天。
And we're here for more one day.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
没错。
That's true.
我几天前就写好了这个。
I wrote this days ago.
我飞过来的时候,天啊,我的胳膊都累坏了。
I flew in, and, boy, are my arms tired.
哇卡哇卡。
Waka waka.
总之。
Anyhow.
好吧。
Alrighty.
嘿,你好。
Well, hey.
我们现在正在现场参加这次大会。
We are here at the convention live.
他们主演的《西部世界》比以往更盛大,而且进展得非常好。
They star West bigger than ever, and it seems to be going really well.
我想说几件事。
I wanna say a couple things.
我真的很开心。
I'm really happy.
他们这里的图书馆太棒了,种类丰富,图书馆水平提升了很多。
They've they the library here is so cool with all kinds of they've really upped their library.
图书馆太棒了。
The library is amazing.
我真的很高兴。
I'm really happy.
《星际迷航》主题图片。
Themed Star Trek pictures.
当然。
Sure.
还有《星球大战》的东西。
And, like Star Wars stuff.
而且浏览起来特别有趣。
And and it's really fun to browse.
所以你有,你知道的,所有太空游戏集中在一起的小区域,而且全都装饰过了,还有这里是
So you've got, you know, little sections of here's all the space games together, and, and it's all been decorated, and and there's Here's
所有游戏胜利品集中在一起。
all the play to wins together.
是的
Yeah.
这里有时会按设计师分类。
Here's all of the sometimes it's clustered by designer.
有时会按地点分类。
Sometimes it's clustered by location.
这些是所有拉斯维加斯游戏放在一起。
Here are all the Las Vegas games together.
四处走走、探索真的非常有趣。
It's just really fun to walk around and just explore.
确实如此。
It was.
我只是觉得我偷了一半的点子。
It's just I'm really it just I'm stealing half the ideas.
我打算改造一下Dice Tower East的图书馆,虽然它还是更好一些,但现在差距已经小多了。
I'm gonna fix up the Dice Tower East library, which is still better, but it's a much closer race now.
我当时只是在跑步,看着看台,结果现在它们就在这里。
Like, I was just running and looking in the stands, and now they're, right here.
我心想,哎呀,又得赶紧跑了。
And I'm like, ah, gotta go fast again.
不过这样也不错。
So that's good, though.
这会让你时刻保持警惕。
It's gonna be on your toes.
但我真的很开心。
But I'm really happy.
我喜欢看到这样的景象。
I like to see that.
我见过很多不同的游戏在进行。
I've seen lots of different games being played.
我无法说出大会的最佳游戏是什么,因为有太多不同的游戏在同时进行。
I cannot say what the game of the con is because there's so many different games being played.
当然。
Sure.
我觉得玩得最多的应该是Speakeasy,但可能只是我反复在说同一个游戏。
Think the one I see in being played the most is Speakeasy, but that could just be the same game that I'm saying over and over and over again.
没错。
It's true.
我的意思是,想玩一些热门游戏对一些时间较长的游戏来说挺难的。
The I mean, trying to get into some of the hot games is is tricky for some of these longer ones.
如果你不是在一天刚开始、所有游戏刚开放时就到场,那你只能不断来回查看,问他们‘好了吗?’
If you're not there right at the beginning of the day when everything opens up, you you keep swooping by and are you done yet?
还没。
No.
好了吗?
Are you done?
你很快就会结束了吗?
You're gonna be done soon?
不。
No.
不。
No.
好的。
Okay.
如果时间不合适,你就没法坐下来。
And if the timing doesn't work out, you don't quite get to sit down there.
德莫维尔的生活怎么样?
How's life in Demoville?
很忙。
It's busy.
我再强调一次,随着你们的参与,这个展会正在不断成长。
So I will say, again, growing growing convention with and all of you coming and participating.
我记得过去几年,演示区虽然摆满了游戏,但座位却空着很多。
I can remember years past where the Demo Zone had games set up and lots of empty seats.
所以有几个人在四处走动。
And so a few people wandering around.
而现在呢,我环顾四周,每个人都在玩游戏。
And now it's like it I looked around and everybody's playing games.
每张桌子都坐满了。
Every every table is full.
大家都对即将开始的游戏充满期待,这可是我在过去两天里每场游戏间隙仅有的三十秒空闲时间,因为我的桌子一直满座。
Everybody's excited for the games to be played, and that's in the like thirty seconds I've had in between games because my table has been full for the last two days.
哇哦。
Whoo.
是因为朱莉吗?
Because of Julie?
不是。
No.
他们都想来看游戏本身。
They all wanna see Because of the games.
你们在演示哪些游戏?
What games are you demoing?
所有Vaynerider的游戏。
So all the Vaynerider games.
昨天早上我们玩了《Garden Guests》,然后是《Detective and Final Girl》。
So yesterday, we did Garden Guests in the morning, and then Detective and final girl.
今天早上玩了《Gateway Island》和《Detective Final Girl》。
This morning, Gateway Island, detective final girl.
明天玩《Enemies and Lovers》和《Detective Final Girl》。
And tomorrow, enemies and lovers, detective final girl.
好的。
Alright.
我
I
我看到有人在那边的桌子玩《Detective》,我当时想,我不确定该不该把他们赶出展会。
saw someone playing detective at a table over there, and I was like, I don't know if I should boot them out of the con.
这是一款单人游戏。
It's a solo game.
我不知道上一局的玩家有没有人还在,但我得说,本来游戏三点结束,我当时还打招呼来着。
Think anybody from that last game is here, but I will say, I was we it was supposed to end at three, and I was like, hi.
我们会尽快解决这个问题,因为我三点还有别的安排,而且我还得收拾这个游戏。
We're gonna solve this fast because I have somewhere to beat at three, and I also have to pack up this game.
所以
So
你一开始就直接给出线索了。
You started just giving out clues.
没有。
No.
我没给出任何线索。
I didn't give out clues.
但我确实
But I did
坏人。
the bad guy.
比如是哪一个?
Like, which one?
就像是,嘿。
It was like, hey.
所以到目前为止,你觉得我们该找什么?
So you're looking for at this point, what do we think we're looking for?
我觉得我们不再找动机了。
I don't think we're looking for motive anymore.
我觉得我们在找那些物品。
I think we're looking for the items.
是谁偷了这些物品?
And who stole the items?
因为你们都知道是谁偷了这些物品。
Because you all know who stole the items.
所以,也许我再去问问他,谢谢。
So maybe I'll go question him again, please.
谢谢。
Thank you.
所以
So
好吧,现在你知道了,如果你在这场游戏中表现不佳,就去找一个必须去某处的人。
Well, now you know, if you're doing poorly at this game, find someone who has to go somewhere Right.
去做那个凿子。
To be the chisel.
我曾经不得不结束一个密室逃脱。
I once had to, to end a, an escape room.
我在一次展会上负责一个密室逃脱,当时我们快没时间了,下一组玩家马上就要开始。
I was running an escape room at a convention, and they we were running out of time for the next group to start.
是的。
Yeah.
我基本上得告诉他们,你们没解出来。
And I basically had to tell them, you you didn't figure it out.
你们结束了。
You're done.
你们没法完成这个了。
You're not going be able to finish this.
他们非常失望,因为通常来说,尤其是桌游版本,你不会就这么停下来。
And they were so disappointed because usually, especially the board game versions, you don't just stop.
是的,如果你在商场里的密室逃脱或者类似的地方,
Yeah, if you're at an escape room at the mall or something or
游戏会停止。
It stops.
有计时器。
There's timer.
对。
Right.
但当这种情况发生时,真的让人很失望。
But it's so disappointing when that happens.
而且不得不匆匆忙忙地完成这样一个谜题,我知道我不太喜欢这样。
And to have to like rush through a mystery like that, I know it's sort of I don't like it.
我不
I don't
是的。
yeah.
我和我的家人去过迈阿密的一个密室逃脱,那是我一位听众推荐给我们的,他们真的很贴心。
I we we went to an escape room, my family and I, in Miami that one of our listeners got from me, and it was very nice of them.
但我们进去后发现,那不是一个很棒的密室逃脱。
But we went through and it was a very it wasn't a great escape room.
里面有很多误导线索,而误导线索在密室逃脱中应该是存在的。
There was lots of red herrings, and red herrings should be an escape room.
误导线索本身没什么问题。
There's nothing wrong with red herrings.
是的。
Yeah.
对小孩来说,确实有。
For kids, there is.
当桌上堆满了东西,而这些物品又毫无意义,你却还要花时间去研究它们。
When there's piles of stuff on the table, and it doesn't mean anything, and you spend time looking at it.
而且,是的,确实如此。
And, also, yes, there is.
但我们差不多快接近结局了。
But we got, like, pretty close to the ending.
所以那些人,你们没成功。
And so the guys, you didn't make it.
我们只好说,好吧。
We're like, okay.
那最终的解法是什么?
So what was the solution?
他说,你得再来玩一次才能知道答案。
He said, you'll have to come play again to find out.
哦,这太狠了。
Oh, that's mean.
不可能了。
Not gonna happen.
对吧?
Right?
我根本没打算再玩一次。
I'm not even like, let's do it again.
哦,你已经大概知道75%的内容了,只是匆匆掠过为了赶紧到
Oh, you'd know, like, 75% of it already just rushed through it to get to the
‘我太厉害了’的结尾。
end of I'm amazing.
看看我多快就解决了这个问题,从这到这再到这。
Look at how fast I've solved this to this to this.
哇。
Wow.
比如,有个关键的东西,那里面到底是什么?
Like, there's like a key thing and like, well, what was in there?
就像是,你太差了。
It's like, well, you're too bad.
就得再回来,付当时那个费用再回来。
Just have to come back and pay whatever it was to come back.
我们根本就没回去过。
Well, we never went back.
当然没回去。
Of course not.
所以不管怎样,总之。
So anyhow Anyhow.
我们在这儿玩了很多游戏。
We're playing lots of games here.
我们一直在玩什么?
What have we been playing?
他们说每朵玫瑰都有刺,但不是每朵玫瑰都有呼啦圈。
They say that every rose has its thorn, but not every rose has a hula hoop.
我先从你开始吧,因为我看到那里是空白的。
I'll start with you since I see a blank space there.
把它当作哦,不。
Putting it as a oh, no.
这是一个完整的我们
It's a full We
有手写的笔记。
got handwritten notes.
这是一份很长的清单。
That's a huge list.
我有一份清单。
I have a list.
好吧。
Alright.
算了。
Well, never mind.
我们不去。
We're not going.
不。
No.
我列了一个想玩的游戏清单,已经玩了不少了。
So I had a list of games I wanted to play, and I got to quite a few of them.
我玩过的唯一一款重策略游戏是《银河巡游》,我们还一起玩了《西娜贝尔》。
The only heavier game I got to play was Galactic Cruise, and we also played Syna Belle together.
别摆那副表情。
Don't make that face.
我们先把这个《银河巡游》放一放。
We're gonna put a pin in this Galactic Cruise.
我们会在未来的节目中再回到这个话题。
We will come back to this in a future episode.
哦,那件事这么令人难忘吗?
Oh, it was that that memorable?
是的。
Yes.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
你当时在场。
You were there for it.
嗯,我好几次都关心了一下你。
I well, I checked in on you a couple times.
对。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
好的。
Okay.
那我玩了什么?
So what have I played?
我玩了《三女巫》、《Fin Span》、《星球大战:霍斯战役》,在那里我彻底击败了杰森。
I have played Three Witches, Fin Span, Star Wars Battle of Hoth, where I decimated Jason.
这个杰森是杰森·利文斯顿吗?
Is this Jason Levine?
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
啊。
Ah.
而且那场是
And it was
这太棒了。
This is marvelous.
一次非常愉快的体验。
A truly enjoyable experience.
我懂这种感觉。
I know the feeling.
是的。
Yep.
他被彻底击败了,开心吗?
Was he happy about being decimated?
不开心。
No.
哦。
Oh.
不开心。
Nope.
确实不开心。
Sure wasn't.
当时有狂笑、咯咯笑和窃笑,还跳起了胜利之舞。
There was cackling, chortling, and snickering, and a victory dance.
我完全懂这种感觉。
I know this exact feeling.
不。
No.
有但是有。
There was a but yes.
茶花园。
Tea Garden.
玩茶花园。
Play Tea Garden.
我们一起玩过圣西贝尔。
We played Sanibel together.
圣西贝尔。
Sanibel.
我教Maggio是因为有人在读规则书,我立刻走过去说:你们需要帮忙吗?我们在我游戏小组里玩过很多次了。
I taught for Maggio because somebody was reading the rule book, and I immediately walked over and said, do you need to know help on we've played it a lot in my gaming group.
于是我帮了忙,然后被拉入了游戏,因为他们还差一个玩家。
So I helped, and then I got sucked into the game because they had space for one more player.
我在台上扮演了Todd。
And I played Todd on stage.
好的。
Okay.
所以你一整天都在演示游戏。
So you're demoing games all day.
是的。
Yeah.
你都做了这些?
And you did all that?
是的。
Yeah.
你做过这个吗?
Have you done this?
我我不觉得我玩过那么多游戏。
I I don't I don't think I've played that many games.
我知道。
I know.
我们有点懈怠了。
We're slacking.
我有个目标。
I am on a mission.
我只有有限的机会去玩那些不是我正在评估的游戏。
I only get so many times to play games that aren't games I am either assessing
或者正在开发的游戏。
or developing.
哪个更好?
Which is better?
我不介意其中任何一个,但能坐下来纯粹玩一款游戏的情况非常罕见。
I don't mind either of them, but there's very rare times where I get to just sit and play a game.
所以,是的,我充分利用了这次机会,而且不需要搭建展台,因为当时我只用了一张桌子。
So, yep, I maximized my and I didn't have to build a booth because I just had the table at this time.
这很简单。
That's easy.
你刚才提到了所有那些游戏。
Well, you mentioned all those games.
其中有没有一个是呼啦圈?
Was any of them a a hula hoop?
抱歉。
Sorry.
我总是记不住这些术语。
I always forget the terms.
其中有没有一个是呼啦圈?
Was any of them a hula hoop?
嗯,《星球大战:霍斯战役》在很多方面都像一个呼啦圈。
Well, Star Wars Battle of Hoth was absolutely a hula hoop for so many different reasons.
我不
I don't
这句话以前从来没人说过。
That that sentence has never been said before.
这是真的。
That is true.
嗯,就是那样。
Well, like, you know, there's that.
当时能和一个非常热爱这个游戏、并且确信自己会赢的人一起玩,结果他却输了。
There was there was the getting to play it with somebody who was definitely enamored with it and definitely expected to win and didn't.
我现在特别为你感到骄傲。
Very proud of you right now.
而且真的很难过。
And was real sad.
我平时没玩多少《星球大战》系列的游戏,所以对这款游戏的玩法感到非常惊喜。
I haven't played a lot of the Star Wars properties in general, so I was pleasantly surprised with gameplay.
而且游戏进行得特别快。
And it went really fast.
所以感觉很好,不会让人觉得拖沓。
So it was a good like, it didn't overstay its welcome.
整个过程都非常愉快。
All of it was very enjoyable.
我并不是预期会玩得很糟,只是这通常不是我主动选择的游戏类型。
And I not that I was expecting to have a bad time, it's just not what I gravitate towards usually.
所以我对整个体验感到非常惊喜,包括最后获胜时我跳的那支舞。
So I was very pleasantly surprised at the whole experience, including the dance I did at the end in victory.
那你当时为什么坐下来玩《霍斯之战》呢?
So so what had you sitting down at Battle for Hawk?
是因为想赢过利文先生,还是你真的对他的表现感兴趣?
Just the the prospect of beating mister Levine, or were you really interested in He trying
建议的。
suggested it.
好的。
Okay.
他以为自己会赢。
He thought he was gonna win.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
真是个傻瓜。
What a fool.
你玩的是哪一方?
Which side did you play?
我玩的是联盟的暴民。
I was the Rabble of Alliance.
好的。
Alright.
有刺吗?
Was there any thorns?
把他们点出来。
Call them out.
所以我很喜欢玩茶花园。
So I enjoyed playing Tea Garden.
我在学习玩茶花园时经历了一段非常艰难的时期。
I had a very thorny time learning to play Tea Garden.
根据规则书,如果外面有玩法说明,我如果不是在这里的话,就会去看视频。
Based on the rule book, if there are how to plays out there, I would have watched a video if I was not here.
但我确实在这里,所以我们只能一起学习,这很棘手。
But I was, so we had to learn together, and that was a thorn.
我正在想,有很多游戏都和茶馆有关。
I'm trying to I there's a lot of games with Tea Garden.
这是哪一个?
Which one is this?
有
There's
粉色的。
The pink.
它是粉色的。
It's a pink
出版商是谁?
Who's the publisher?
它是在卡普斯通。
It's a it's at the Capstone.
哦,那是茶园。
Oh, that's Tea Garden.
明白了。
Got So
我玩到60%的时候才意识到,我其实很喜欢这个游戏,还想再玩一次。
I enjoyed I enjoyed so 60% of the way into the game, I realized I actually like the game and would like to play it again.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
花了这么长时间。
It took that long.
花了这么长时间。
It took that long.
而且我不确定,如果不是和一群人都说‘我们要坚持下去’的人在一起,我是否会继续玩下去。但总的来说,这并不是一个适合初次游玩的好体验,不过很多人都说这很好。
And I'm don't know if I would have stuck with it if I wasn't here with a group who was like, we were we're gonna do this, which is not a good experience, I think, in general for a first time play for but many people have said it was good.
所以我心想,算了吧。
So I was like, nope.
我们要弄明白它。
We're gonna figure it out.
所以规则书真是个麻烦。
So the rule book is a thorn.
在展会上遇到这种情况确实很难。
That is hard when you're at a convention.
我相信一定有人做过非常棒的教学演示。
And I'm sure there are people out there who have done delightful how to plays.
如果你还没玩过,一定要看一个教学视频。
Make sure you watch one if you're haven't played it yet.
或者让老师来教,
Or put up the teacher wanted,
拜托。
please.
或者老师想的。
Or teacher wanted.
是的。
Yes.
当你在学习的时候,我们
When you're you're learning it We
没有。
didn't.
我们都是专业人士。
We were all professionals.
我们可以自己搞定。
We could do it ourselves.
我们做不到。
We could not.
我有几个正面的游戏想聊聊。
I've got a couple of positive games to talk about.
第一个,我本来就很确定我会喜欢。
The first, I was pretty sure I was going to like.
这是去年年底的时候,很多人都在谈论的一款游戏。
This is one that going into spiel at the end of last year, a lot of people were talking about.
它叫Orloj,或者如果你真的想准确发音的话,也是Orloj。
It's called Orloj or Orloj, if you really wanna get
真不错,这是我最近见过的最小却最丰富的游戏。
checked It's the biggest small game I've seen in a while.
是的。
Yeah.
这么小的区域里有这么多组件。
So many pieces for a small area.
对。
Yes.
我不想去摆这个棋盘。
I don't wanna set that game up.
看起来太乱了。
It looks terrible to tell.
有很多棋子,每次重新 setup 时都要花很多时间调整。
A lot of pieces and a lot of resetting up when it's time to get it all set up again.
这个游戏基于布拉格天文钟。
This is based on a Prague Astronomical Clock.
所以这个游戏需要很多时机把握。
So there's a lot of timing required in this game.
它有一个系统,里面有很多圆环片。
It has a system where you can It's got a lot of rondelles.
如果你喜欢圆环片,你一定会喜欢。
If you like rondelles, you're gonna like
是圆环片里面还套着更小的圆环片吗?
Is it more rondelles inside of rondelles?
是的,几乎是字面意义上的。
It is, almost literally.
我加入。
I'm in.
你的基本行动是移动一个小臂,这会给你两个可以执行的操作,但你可以破坏时钟的齿轮,以移动得更远,或者将内部的齿轮向相反方向转动,从而改变操作的组合,我们经常这么做。
Your basic action is you're moving a little arm that's going to give you two things you get to do, but you can break the gears of your clock to move farther or turn one of the inner gears the other direction to sort of change up the combination of actions, which we did all the time.
你不断在破坏齿轮,但也有修复它们的机制。
You're constantly breaking your gears, and then there's mechanisms for fixing them.
而且有很多可移动的部件——通常我这么说只是比喻,但在这里是字面意思,因为你试图更快地取得多数优势、达成目标,并确保你有方法修复时钟的齿轮,以便重新设置一切。
And a lot of moving pieces, which is usually something I say metaphorically, but this is literal with all of this stuff as you're trying to score majorities and get goals faster than others, and make sure that you have a method for repairing those gears to your clock so that you can get things set up again.
我以为我会喜欢它。
I thought I was gonna like it.
我确实喜欢它。
I did like it.
这对我来说是一朵玫瑰。
That's a rose for me.
奥洛伊,布拉格天文钟。
Orloj, the Prague Astronomical Clock.
你有没有为我们的听众拼写出来?
You should did you spell it for our listeners?
O r L O J。
O r L O J.
好了。
There we go.
好吧。
Alright.
奥洛伊是我们美国人一直这么说的。
Orloj is what, we United Statesians keep saying.
哦,不会吧。
Oh, no.
我们一直发音都很正确。
We pronounce things correctly all the time.
继续。
Continue.
我们是的。
We yes.
所以,浏览图书馆的一个有趣之处在于,你会发现一些你从未知道存在的东西。
So one of the fun things about browsing the library is that you'll find things you didn't know existed.
我偶然发现了一整排《自由》和《冻结》游戏。
I came across a whole shelf of Freedom and Freeze games.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
我非常喜欢一位设计师,因此我总是很期待看到图书馆里有什么,人们都收藏了哪些作品。
A designer I really enjoy, and so I'm always excited to see what's there and what people have in a library like this.
有一款我没玩过的游戏,我就把它借了出来。
And there was a title I had not played, and I took it out.
它是在2020年发布的。
It came out in 2020.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
它叫作‘Feierabend’或‘下班时间’。
It's called Feierabend or Finishing Time.
这是一款关于管理员工的游戏中。
This is a game about managing a work staff.
它主要讲述这家公司的员工在下班后或周末的活动。
It's all about what the employees at this business do after work or on the weekends, basically.
这是一款工人放置类游戏。
And it's a worker placement game.
你的工厂里有这么多员工,你要派他们去休闲放松。
You've got all these people in your factory and you're sending them on leisure time.
你可以派他们去钓鱼或跑步,游戏的货币是压力或放松,当达到某个节点时,你就从压力状态转为放松状态。
And so you can send them fishing or running, which is going to earn them The currency of the game is stress or relaxation, and there's a point at which you are now stressed and you are now relaxed.
但每次派所有员工外出后,你都必须让他们全部回到工作岗位,而根据他们每周的工作时长,这会产生大量压力。
But every time you send all your workers out, you then have to send them all back to work, which depending on how many working hours they have in a week produces a lot of stress.
因此,你会沿着放松轨道逐步上升,但很快他们又会回到红色压力区。
And so you work your way up this relaxation track, and then they're all in the red again.
这听起来太糟糕了。
That sounds terrible.
这就像一种主题,谁会想要这种主题?
That's like a theming who wants that theme?
这真的很棒。
It's a great time.
这是一个以员工为核心的引擎构建游戏。
It's an engine builder, but with people.
你们可是在这里听到的。
You guys heard it here.
你还可以收集这些,它们被称为罢工令牌,你可以用它们来改善工作环境。
You can you can also collect these, they call them strike tokens, where you can then improve the conditions of the workplace.
比如减少工作时间、提高薪酬质量、改善薪酬周期、增加假期时间。
So, you know, fewer working hours, better quality of pay, better pay period, more vacation time.
你一开始没有假期,但一旦发起罢工,你就可以花费这些令牌来获得假期。
You start out with no vacation weeks, but then once you strike to do that, you spend these tokens to get vacation.
你可以让员工暂时离开系统一周或两周,等他们回来时,就不必为他们的压力支付费用。
You can then send your workers away from the system for a week or two at a time, and then you don't have to pay for them when they come back, as far as their stress goes.
你努力争取获得40点放松值,这会触发游戏结束。
And you try and maneuver your way to getting 40 relaxation, and that triggers the end of the game.
那不一样。
It was different.
那时有很多自由和轻松的空间。
It was you know, a lot of freedom and free
你们在争取最放松的状态,各种手段都用上了。
schemes You're were fighting to get the most relaxed.
是的。
Yeah.
你拼命工作,只为尽可能地放松。
You're working real hard to be as relaxed as possible.
美国式做法。
The American way.
你可以去相亲,这样你就有了一个伴侣棋子,可以和你一起去游乐园,还能为你带来额外的奖励。
You can can go on blind dates so that now you have a partner meeple that can go on to, like, you can go to the amusement park with your partner, and they catch you actual extra bonuses.
你可以和他们一起度周末。
You can go away for the weekend with them.
你可以带他们去度假,虽然花费翻倍,但收益也翻倍。
You can take them on vacation, which costs double, but gets you double the benefits.
这真是段愉快的时光。
It's a it's a fun time.
Feierabend,这是一个拼写起来令人困惑的德语词。
Feierabend, which is a confusing German word to spell out.
你可以查一下下班时间。
You can look up finishing time.
对我来说,那是一个呼啦圈。
That was a hula hoop for me.
你在《金星商人》的第100局游戏中排名第几?
Where in the rankings was your hundredth gameplay of Merchant of Venus?
我的意思是,我不想一直提这个,但我确实玩了我的第100场《金星商人》图片周。
I mean, I didn't wanna harp on it, but I did play my one hundredth game of Merchant of Venus Picture Week.
是的。
Yes.
看看我有多开心。
See how happy I am.
非常开心。
So happy.
对。
Yeah.
这是我最爱的游戏,至今仍是第一,剧透一下。
My favorite game of all time, my number one still, spoilers.
我玩得很开心,第100场时我勉强赢了。
I had a great time, and I won just barely with my one hundredth game.
下一个玩家下一轮就要赢了,但我成功从他手里抢到了胜利。
The next guy was going to win on his next turn, and I managed to steal it from him.
我告诉你,如果你正在听并且觉得惊讶的话。
I will tell you this for if you're listening and thinking, wow.
埃里克只玩过他最喜欢的游戏一百次。
Eric has only played his favorite game a 100 times.
一百次已经很多了,我们刚才在讨论,如果你觉得自己玩过最爱的游戏几百次,那很可能并没有。
A 100 is a lot, and we were talking about this that if you think you've played your favorite games hundreds of times, you probably haven't.
我不算Board Game Arena上的次数。
I'm not counting board game arena.
但人们总觉得自己玩过的游戏次数比实际多。
But people think they've played games more than they have.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道吗,弗农跟我们说,他一直记录着家人玩各种游戏的次数,他会问孩子们:你们觉得我们玩过这个多少次?
You know, you'll who was telling us that they oh, Vernon was telling us that he kept track of all the times his family played games, and he would ask kids, how many times do think we played this?
他们就会猜四十次、五十次。
And they would guess forty, fifty.
是的。
Yeah.
他差不多只有一半。
He's like, half that.
12次。
12.
20次。
20.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道吗?
You know?
这确实是实际情况。
And that really is the case of things.
你根本没怎么玩游戏。
You don't play games.
一百
A 100
很多。
is a lot.
我们登录了。
We have log in.
计数棋盘游戏竞技场?
Count board game arena?
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
我只是说,在棋盘游戏竞技场上,你可以很快地玩完一局又一局。
I'm just saying because on board game arena, you can just blow through games.
好的。
Okay.
在那里你可以玩数百款游戏。
So there you can play hundreds of games.
是的。
Yes.
如果有人这么说,那么是的,我相信他们。
If someone says that, then, yes, I believe them.
但如果有人说,他在现实生活中玩过这个游戏700次,我表示怀疑。
But if someone says, I played this game 700 times in real life, I doubt that.
如果他们真的记录并玩了700次,我反正都会离开房间。
And if they have kept track and have played it 700 times, I just back out of the room anyway
说得有道理。
Fair enough.
出于其他原因。
For other reasons.
好的,汤姆。
Alright, Tom.
你呢?
How about you?
好的。
Alright.
我玩过两个游戏。
I play, I got two games.
《Fathom》是我的,那个你都知道不错的游戏叫什么来着?
Fathom is my, what's the one you knew was good?
《A Rose》。
A rose.
是的。
Yeah.
抱歉。
Sorry.
《Fathom》是一款关于深海声呐探测的游戏,你在水下寻找各种东西。
Fathom is a game about doing deep sea pinging, and you're finding stuff under the water.
听起来真的很酷。
It sounds really cool.
它只是把东西放在板子上,然后摆出各种图案。
It is just putting stuff on a board and making patterns with it.
但你是以一种非常有趣的方式来做这件事。
But it's a you do so in a really fun way.
你是在操控一艘船,然后还有一个小型潜水器吗?
You're moving a ship around, and then you have a little submersible?
潜水器会从你的船里出发,在周围探索,你可能会发现宝藏。
Submersible that moves out of your ship and goes around, and you find you might find a treasure.
你可能会发现一艘外星飞船之类的,但大部分时间你都在找鱼、甲壳类动物,还有许多我念不出名字的东西。
You might find an alien ship or something, but you're mostly finding fish and crustaceans and a lot of things I can't pronounce.
我不是在开玩笑。
I'm not kidding.
我的意思是,那里有很多术语。
Like, there's a there's a lot of words there.
我知道海葵。
I know that Anemones.
我和你一起玩过圣诞贝勒。
I played played Santa Belle with you.
我知道。
I I know.
我
I
在我的圣诞贝勒游戏中有个棘手的问题。
have a thorn in my game of Santa Belle.
不过,我喜欢你把东西摆到板上的方式。
Anyway, the but I I like the way you got the stuff on your board.
所以每个人一开始都有一袋东西,我当时就想,哦,这是个袋装游戏。
So everyone starts with a bag, and I was like, oh, it's a bag building game.
不是这样的。
It's not.
你的袋子里有一堆彩色的标记。
You have a bunch of colored tokens of your bag.
你从中抽出一些,可以把它们放在你的棋盘上,然后把袋子传给桌边的其他人。
You pull some out, and you can put them on your board, but then you pass your bags around the table.
所以你会得到不同的颜色,并且试图匹配颜色。
So you're getting different colors, and you're trying to match colors.
你把颜色放在一个声呐板上,像是在探测并收回它们。
You put colors on a sonar board that you're kinda pinging and pulling back off.
这只是你构建图案的方式。
It's just the way you you build patterns.
这还是那种老式的构建图案玩法,但你的做法很有趣。
It's that same old build pattern stuff, but the way you do it is fun.
游戏模块里还有四个小盒子,提供了不同的计分方式。
And there's four little boxes in the game modules that add different ways to score.
你可以随便挑一个来玩。
You can just pick one of them and play with it.
每个游戏都附带参考卡,挺好。
And each one comes with reference cards Alright.
这很不错。
Which is nice.
当然,只有两张,因为显然他们认为应该共享参考卡。
Of course, only two because apparently, they believe in sharing reference cards.
我我
I I
我知道。
I know.
这是你的,我知道。
This is your I know.
你目前坚持的立场。
Your current hill to die on.
我知道。
I know.
没人反对我的观点。
No one is no one is opposed to me on this.
如果我说,有没有人希望游戏里减少参考卡片的数量?
If I'm like, does anyone here wish that people put less reference cards in games?
没人和我一样。
No one's like me.
我赞同这个做法。
I'm on board that train.
这就像夏令时一样。
It's like daylight savings time.
Anyway,我们继续吧。
Anyway, let's continue.
你给他带了讲台了吗?
Did you bring the soapbox for him?
这跟背部有关。
It's it's about back.
另一个游戏是呼啦圈,这个游戏叫Shapely,如果你只听到这个名字,你并不会知道它具体是做什么的。
The other game is the hula hoop, and this is a game called Shapely, which if you just heard the name of it, you would not know what it was about per se.
这跟形状有关。
It's about shapes.
那个音效是什么?
What was that sound effect?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我也不知道。
I don't know either.
当我正面对着麦克风时,听起来更好。
It sounds better when I'm on the mic front.
真是一头猪。
What a pig.
好的。
Alright.
所以Shapely是一个游戏,你会得到一堆小的黄色形状,这些形状让我一看到就想起过去插孔玩具里的完美形状。
So Shapely is a game where you get a bunch of these little yellow shapes that remind me just when I looked at them of the shapes of perfection back in the days that you plugged in the holes.
你有四个这样的形状,它们是磁性的,可以贴在一个小磁性板上。
And you have four of them, and they're magnetic, and you get to put them on a little magnetic board.
然后你会得到一个单词,需要用这些形状拼出像‘bat’、‘cow’或‘tree’这样的词。
And then you you get a word, and you have to make, like, bat or cow or tree out of these shapes.
你可以使用一到四个形状来拼写。
You could use one to four of your shapes.
你要尽可能快地完成,然后把自己的标记放在板上,按回合顺序进行。
And so you do it as fast as you can, and then you put your token on the board then to in a turn order.
接着你把所有卡片洗匀,再加两张牌,正面朝上摆出来。
And then you take all the cards, shuffle them, add two more cards, put them face up.
是的。
Yep.
然后我给大家看我的图片,每个人都要猜那是什么。
And then I show my picture to everybody, and everyone has to guess what that is.
猜对的人越多,我得的分数就越高,如果你猜对了,你也能得一分。
The more people who guess it, the more points I get, and you get a point if you get it correctly.
但一旦有人猜出了我的图案,比如老鼠、蝙蝠,或者猜错了,下一个人就轮到,这时可选的图案只剩下七个,而不是八个。
But once people have guessed mine, rat bat or incorrectly, then the next person goes, there's now seven choices rather than eight to pick from.
所以如果你是最后一个,比如说这是一款六人游戏。
So if you're last let's say it's a six player game.
你是最后一个,就只剩下三个选择,而不是八个。
You're last there's only three choices to pick from rather than eight.
所以你那幅糟糕的画或那个奇怪的小东西被猜中的几率就更高了。
So our chance of getting your terrible drawing or terrible little thing is higher.
好的。
Okay.
人们还是会猜错,因为用三个奇怪的形状来拼出一只蝙蝠实在太难了。
People still get it wrong because it's hard to make a bat with three weird shapes.
好的。
Okay.
我喜欢这个。
And it's I I like that.
我喜欢这个点子。
I like the idea of it.
现在这个游戏看起来有点像在米开朗基罗或者不是米开朗基罗,TJ Maxx卖的那种。
Now the game looks a little like it's sold at, you know, Michaels or some not Michaels, TJ Maxx.
它有那种教育类游戏的感觉,但我认为它是个挺有趣的game。
It has that, you know, education look, but I thought it was a pretty fun game.
它来自R和R,非常有趣。
It's from R and R, and it's very enjoyable.
不错。
Nice.
你玩过Glyphix吗?另一个类似的游戏,也是派对游戏,你要用一些奇怪的形状拼出图案?
Have you played Glyphix, another game party game similar to that where you're making shapes out of other weird shapes?
我喜欢这个,因为我喜欢这样的想法:如果我第一个完成,就能拿到第一个位置,这样能获得额外两分,非常好。
This one I liked because I like the idea of if I finish first, I'll take the first spot, which gives you two extra points, which is great.
但这样一来,其他人从更多选择中挑选你的单词。
But also then people are picking your word out of a lot more a lot more choices.
所以这还挺有意思的。
So that's kind of a neat thing.
所以我自己可能都不会选这个。
So I might not even pick that one.
我可能会说,我希望别人排第四。
I might say I want people to go fourth.
而且每一轮你都会失去一个形状,所以最后只剩下三个形状。
Also, every round you lose a shape, so you're down to three shapes.
总共只有三轮。
There's only three rounds.
到了最后一轮,就只剩下两个形状了。
And then down to two shapes in your final round.
但你可以选择的一个位置会给你额外的形状,甚至额外的卡片。
But one of the spots you can go to will give you an extra shape or even an extra card.
所以下一轮,我会拿到两张卡片,然后选择其中一张来玩。
So next round, I get two cards, I pick which one I'm gonna do.
有意思。
Interesting.
听起来策略性更强了
Sounds like more strategy than
确实是。
It was.
我觉得这是R和R公司设计的一款非常不错的游戏。
I thought it was a pretty neat game from R and R games.
所以这就是《Shapely》。
So that's Shapely.
非常棒。
Very cool.
不错。
Nice.
让我们继续聊点更恐怖的东西吧?
Let's move on to something a little more horrific, shall we?
是的。
Yes.
现在,再来一个桌游恐怖故事。
And now, another tale of board gaming horror.
天啊。
Oh my.
这太吓人了。
That's horrific.
孩子们,都过来。
Gather round, children.
2017年3月,我哥哥汤姆和我在父母的农场相聚,参加家庭聚会。
In March 2017, my brother Tom and I met at my parents' farm for a family get together.
我们住得相隔几个小时的车程,而农场正好位于我们两家之间的便利中点。
We live a few hours apart, and the farm sits at a convenient midpoint between our homes.
那里是我们庆祝特殊场合、共度时光的地方。
It's where we celebrate special events and spend time together.
多年来,它也成了我们聚在一起玩桌游的主要机会。
Over the years, it's also become our main chance to play board games together.
那个周末,我们主要玩了一些轻松的游戏,比如卡坦岛、闪光点消防队和花火。
That weekend, we stuck mostly to lighter games, Catan, Flashpoint Fire Rescue, and Hanabi.
我妻子不会参与每一场游戏,但她有几款特别喜欢的游戏,会加入一起玩。
My wife doesn't jump into every game, but she has a few favorites she'll join in and play.
她有一种非凡的优化天赋,在我们一起玩的大多数游戏中,她都能赢。
She has an uncanny talent for optimization, and in most games we play together, she wins.
当时,她最钟爱的是以宝石为主题的引擎构建游戏《璀璨宝石》,她从未输过。
At the time, her favorite was the jewel themed engine builder, Splendor, which she never lost.
我不记得那局游戏的每一个细节,但我记得结局。
I don't remember every detail of that particular game, but I do remember the ending.
我们围坐在桌旁,有汤姆、我、我的弟媳,还有我妻子。
We sat around the table, Tom, myself, my sister-in-law, and my wife.
和任何一场正常的《Splendor》游戏一样,我们逐步构建了自己的牌阵,收集宝石,一点点逼近所需的15个声望点以结束游戏。
Like any normal session of splendor, we built up our tableaus, collected gems, and inched toward the 15 prestige points needed to trigger the end.
随着游戏进入白热化,我们每个人只差一两步就能获胜。
As the game tightened, each of us was just a move or two away from victory.
然后轮到我妻子了。
Then it was my wife's turn.
她下了自己的回合,获得了一个贵族,并平静地宣布:‘我有15分了,所以’
She played her turn, which awarded her a noble and calmly announced, I have 15 points, so
我触发游戏结束。
I trigger the end of the game.
桌旁响起一片集体的叹息。
A collective groan circled the table.
我离胜利就差一点了,我说。
I was so close, I said.
她又赢了。
She had won again.
听到她完成回合后,坐在她旁边的汤姆兴奋地扔下宝石,抓起一张卡。
After hearing that she had finished her turn, Tom, who was sitting next to her, excitedly threw down gems and grabbed a card.
他宣布自己不仅也达到了分数,而且拥有16个声望点。
He announced that not only had he also reached the point total, but he had 16 prestige points.
在《辉煌》游戏中,如果多人达到目标,分数更高者获胜。
In splendor, if multiple people reach the goal, the higher point total wins.
这意味着汤姆做了一件不可能的事。
That meant Tom had done the unthinkable.
他险胜,刚好领先于我妻子。
He barely won, finishing just ahead of my wife.
从那个周末剩下的时间直到今天,汤姆都拒绝再玩《辉煌》。
For the rest of that weekend and still to this day, Tom has refused to play Splendor again.
每年我们的游戏聚会中,这个故事都会重新提起几次,那是他最辉煌的胜利时刻,也是他唯一一次击败我妻子在她最爱游戏中的时刻。
The story resurfaces a few times each year during our gaming sessions, that shining moment of his greatest triumph, the one and only time he defeated my wife at her favorite game.
但为了纪念汤姆的四十岁生日,我觉得有必要揭露这个故事背后一个更黑暗的秘密。
But in honor of Tom's fortieth birthday, I feel compelled to reveal that this story has a much darker secret narrative.
那天晚上晚些时候,
Later that night,
在玩完《辉煌》几个小时后,我妻子悄悄走近我,提出了两个阴险的问题。
a few hours after the game of splendor, my wife quietly approached me with two sinister questions.
嘿。
Hey.
在《辉煌》中,一旦有人达到15分,我们就结束这一轮。
In splendor, once someone reaches 15 points, we finish the round.
对吧?
Right?
是的,我说。
Yes, I said.
每个人都有相同数量的回合。
Everyone gets the same number of turns.
她停顿了一下。
She paused.
汤姆不是先开始游戏的吗?
Didn't Tom start the game?
我停下来看着她,真相逐渐浮现在我脑海中——一个直到现在都悄然吞噬着我的真相。
I stopped and stared at her as the truth dawned on me, A truth that has quietly consumed me until now.
是的,我说。
Yes, I said.
这意味着汤姆不会再有下一轮了。
That means Tom wouldn't have gotten another turn.
你赢了。
You won.
有
Have
你有没有遇到过这种情况,后来才意识到某件事?
have you ever had this happen where you realized something later on?
我的意思是,我妻子意识到她赢了的时候,就发生了这种情况。
I mean, this happened with my wife realizing she had won.
我想去年在邮轮上,我们聊过这个,我当时开心地宣布我赢了她两分。
We talked about this on the cruise, I think, last year, where I gleefully announced that I had beat her by like two points.
然后她突然说:哦,接着抬起手臂,原来下面还藏着四分的加分。
And then she went, Oh, and lifted up her arm, and she had four points worth of bonus underneath.
你讲过这个故事,但还是很好笑。
You have told that story, and it's still good.
我本来得意地说我赢了你两分,结果我再也笑不出来了。
The way, I beat you by two, and then I had to, well, not laugh anymore.
不过我要说,有些人就是那种,你知道的,除非可能是霍斯战役,否则他们永远不会输。
I will say, though, that when a person comes, there are a few people who are, you know, they cannot lose, unless maybe it's the Battle of Hoth.
比如说,几个小时后他们跑来跟你说:嘿,我们没做这个、这个和这个,要是做了我就赢了。
Let's say they come to you later on several hours later and go, you know, we didn't do this, this, and this, and I would have won.
我就说:太晚了。
I'm like, too late.
是的
Yeah.
那
The
那些书已经发生了。
books That's have been already happened.
已经盖棺定论,从此以后都将如此。
It has been sealed, and that us evermore will be.
你需要
You You need
在结果公布之前提交你的挑战。
to submit your challenge before the results have been posted.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我们无法回到过去。
We cannot go back in time.
事情已经发生了。
It's happened.
但我要说,对我而言,这是另一部分。
But I will say, for me, it's the other part of it.
两年前的夏天,我和我爸玩纸牌,赢了他;然后和我妈玩,也赢了她,从此我就再也没和他们玩过纸牌,因为就这样了。
Two summers ago, I played cribbage against my dad, beat him, played against my mom, beat her, and I have not played them in cribbage ever again because that's it.
我赢了他们俩,这是我第一次赢了他们中的任何一个。
I've won both I've it's the first first time I've ever beat both both of either of them.
对。
Right.
然后接连两次,我做不到。
And then it back to back, and I can't.
我做不到。
I can't.
就这样了。
That's it.
为什么?
Why?
我赢过这个。
I've I've won this
那是我的巅峰。
That's my apex.
我已经登顶了。
I've pinacled.
再没有更高的地方了。
There is no higher point.
从今往后只能走下坡路了。
It's only downhill from here.
所以我妈对此有点不高兴。
So and my mother's a little annoyed about that.
哦,天哪。
Oh, no.
我明白。
I understand.
这就像《金星商人》一样,埃里克玩了100局,但他对我的战绩是零胜一负,而我已经退役了。
It's just like like Merchant of Venus, Eric's played a 100 games, but he has he has zero and one against me, and I've retired.
不错。
Nice.
这确实让我有点不爽。
It does irk me just a little bit.
但我也想说清楚。
But it wasn't I also want be clear.
那场比赛根本不是平局。
It was not a close game.
确实不是。
It was not.
你完胜了我。
You destroyed me.
我非常期待那一天。
I looked so forward to that day.
很多年前那完全是个骗局。
It was a total con many years ago.
我当时打算和汤姆在《金星商人》里对局。
And and, I was I was gonna play Tom at Merchant of Venus.
我打算教他玩,我们一起过了一遍。
I was gonna teach it to him, and we went through it.
但我们只有那么多时间。
But we only had so much time.
所以我想我们只是玩了一局简化的游戏,以确保我们理解了所有规则,他也能够感受一下。
So I think we were playing a shortened game just to make sure we got all the rules down and and he could get a flavor.
但每次我走一步,我都会想,这样做好吗?
But every time I moved, I would move and be oh, is this good?
埃里克说,太棒了。
And Eric's like, that's amazing.
太惊人了,他不断发现游戏中的每一个遗物和所有这些有利于汤姆的特殊规则突破,是的,他彻底击败了我,然后退役了。
That's amaze he kept discovering every relic in the game and all of these special things that broke all the rules in Tom's favor, and, yes, he destroyed me and has retired.
我妻子也这样。
My wife does this too.
她当时在大楼里的某个地方,却完全不知道发生了什么。
She somewhere in the building but had no idea that was happening.
没有。
No.
是的。
Yeah.
要是你能学会就好了。
If only if only you learned.
是的。
Yeah.
斯蒂夫会说,我赢了你。
Steph will say, I I beat you.
我已经赢了那局游戏,不需要再玩一次。
I won that game already, and I don't need to play it again.
而且我觉得,我需要报复。
And and I'm like, but I'm like, I need retribution.
我得再玩一次。
I need to play this again.
不行。
No.
不行。
No.
我已经赢了。
I won already.
我不需要
I don't need to
再玩了。
play it.
相反,当我跟詹妮弗一起玩的时候,她是我最好的朋友之一,我们的约定是直到我们俩都至少赢过一次才停止。
Conversely, when I play with Jennifer, who's one of my best friends, the deal is we keep playing until both of us have won at least once.
这就是
That's the
约定。
deal.
好吧。
Okay.
所以我们玩一局游戏。
So we play a game.
如果有人不喜欢,那也没办法。
If somebody doesn't like it, too bad.
我们还是会继续玩,直到另一个人
We're still gonna play it until the other person
哦,有些游戏我还会继续玩下去。
Oh, there'd be some games I'd still be playing.
是的。
Yeah.
不。
No.
如果他们想的话。
If the if they want to.
就像有人想
It's like somebody wants
哦,好的。
Oh, okay.
这样更好。
That's better.
对。
Yep.
天啊,我会说,求求你让我赢吧。
Man, I'd be like, oh, please let me win.
你们两个都不能走。
You both can't leave.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
你好。
Hi.
稍等一下,播放来自杰克·瓦萨尔纪念基金的广告,这是一个致力于在游戏者需要帮助时提供支持的组织。
Quick time out for a message from the Jack Vassal Memorial Fund, an organization dedicated to helping out gamers in their time of need.
这个组织的存在也离不开游戏社区的巨大慷慨,一个完美的例子就是Board Game Geek每年举办的拍卖会,今年将于2026年3月12日开始。
It's also an organization that would not exist without the tremendous generosity of the gaming community, and a perfect example of this is the annual auction on Board Game Geek, which this year begins on 03/12/2026.
你可以找到许多个人和出版商捐赠的精彩物品,这些物品不仅能让你的游戏日更愉快,还能为需要帮助的组织提供支持。
You can find some wonderful donations from individuals and publishers that will make your gaming day just a little bit brighter while providing support to an organization that needs it.
如果你认识的人遭遇了灾难性事件并需要帮助,请让他们前往jackvassel.org填写我们的申请表。
And if you know someone who needs assistance from a catastrophic event, send them to jackvassel dot org to fill out our form.
那是 jack v a s e l,点 o r g。
That's jack v a s e l, dot o r g.
谢谢。
Thanks.
好了,朱莉,该中场休息了。
Alright, Julie, it's interlude time.
我知道。
I know.
我们要把这个变成一个传统。
Is We're gonna make a tradition.
我觉得我们应该这么做。
Think we should.
所以以前在展会上,当汤姆不在的时候,我们总会碰面。
So we we, at at previous conventions, we've sort of met up when Tom is not around.
对。
Right.
而且因为我们很少能当面见面。
And because we don't get to see each other in person very often.
我知道。
I know.
而且实际上,你知道的,聊天,尤其是他不在的时候。
And actually, you know, chat, especially when he's not around.
我知道。
I know.
我们就在那儿。
We we are we are here.
今天其实是星期天,虽然我不确定这段内容该插在节目的哪个位置。
It's actually Sunday, although I'm not sure where I'm gonna stick this in the show.
我们可能会在某个时候把这段内容插入到播客里。
We're we're gonna probably interject this at some point into the podcast.
听好了。
Listen.
就放在你觉得合适的地方。
Just wherever you feel like it.
wherever 感觉对了就放那儿。
Wherever Wherever it feels It's right.
形式。
Form.
我们已经进入了这种星期天的状态,就是感觉像,
We have reached that level of Sunday where it's just like,
是的。
Yeah.
一切都很好。
It's all good.
是的。
Yeah.
它
It's
很好。
fine.
一切都很好。
Everything's fine.
是的。
Yep.
所以,有几个问题。
So a a couple of questions.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
我们刚坐下时,桌上已经摆着一篮子鸡肉。
We when we arrived to sit down at the table, there was a basket of chicken waiting for us.
我的桌上也有一篮子鸡肉。
There was a basket of chicken at my table.
是的。
Yes.
这是你们为Van Rider准备的演示桌。
This is your demo table for Van Rider.
后来我们才知道,它之前一直放着,都旧了。
And and we we later learned that it had been sitting around, like, old.
从昨晚就开始了。
Since last night.
是的。
Yeah.
所以它就像个烫手山芋一样被传來传去。
So it had just been, like, passed around like a hot potato.
或者很可能根本不是什么烫手山芋。
Or very probably not very hot potato.
那是深夜被遗弃的鸡肉。
It it was late night chicken that got abandoned.
深夜被遗弃的鸡肉。
Late night abandoned chicken.
所以我很想知道,除了我们刚发现的鸡肉之外,你在桌上还发现过什么最奇怪的东西?无论是在这里还是其他地方。
So I would I'd love to know what's the weirdest thing you found on the table other than the chicken that we just found, either here or elsewhere that you've discovered?
嗯,我要说,在骰子塔邮轮上,或者一般来说在邮轮上,都有一个藏橡胶小黄鸭的传统。
Well, I will say there's a tradition on the Dice Tower cruise or in cruises in general to hide rubber duckies.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
我曾经发现过一整堆。
I have found a stash.
我觉得是有人不小心落下的,因为不止一只隐藏的小黄鸭。
I think somebody left behind on accident because it wasn't just one hidden roar.
而是一整堆橡胶小黄鸭。
It was like a stash of rubber duckies.
哦,像是一整
Oh, like all
那些小黄鸭。
the duckies.
感觉真的很糟糕,因为有人在整艘船上到处搜寻它们。
Felt real bad because somebody had hunted them down throughout the ship.
哦。
Oh.
然后可能把它们拿走清点战利品。
And then probably took them out to count their loot.
所以不是分发的问题。
So it wasn't the distribution.
不是有人打算藏鸭子。
It wasn't somebody that was going to hide the ducks.
而是有人找到了很多鸭子。
It was somebody who found many ducks.
感觉就像。
Felt like.
我不确定。
I don't know for sure.
我从来没查出来是谁拿走了它们。
I never found out who took who got them.
我又把它们藏了起来。
I rehid them.
哦。
Oh.
好吧。
Alright.
我把它们重新分散到了整个节目里。
I redistributed them throughout the show.
我喜欢这样。
I like that.
所以这就是那个最奇怪的,但也可以说是个有点苦乐参半的故事。
So that is that is the weirdest and also but it was also a kind of bittersweet tale.
是的
Yeah.
你呢?
How about you?
我是说,
I'm I mean,
我的又跟食物有关了。
it's mine's food related again.
我找到了游戏厅的一个角落,那里堆满了零食。
I found a corner of the gaming hall that was just piled with snacks.
这简直就是零食中心。
It was like this was snack central.
而且不清楚这些零食是谁的。
And it was not clear who they belonged to.
这就是大家把零食都堆在附近的地方。
It was just this is where everybody piled their snacks in the general vicinity.
哦。
Oh.
我不知道有没有什么规定。
And I didn't know if there was there were rules.
这就像一个自助餐桌,还是没人留了标记?
It was like a potluck table or it was Nobody had left a sign?
这就像一个小小的免费图书馆,放一本书,拿走一本书。
It was a a a leave it was like a, you know, the little free little library, leave a book, take a book.
嗯。
Uh-huh.
我觉得这样也好。
And I and I feel like okay.
很多时候,有人拿出零食,结果就会一片混乱。
So a lot of times, somebody leaves out snacks and it would just be anarchy.
要是你在高中这么干,几秒钟内就被抢光了。
Like, if you did that at the high school, it would be gone in seconds.
没人吃那些零食。
No one was eating the snacks.
对。
Right.
因为我们是玩家,所以我们想要规则。
Was because we are gamers and we want rules.
是的。
Yes.
而且没有提供任何规则。
And there were no rules provided.
那是一个零食交换。
It was a snack exchange.
是的。
Yeah.
这大概就是发生的情况。
That's probably what happened.
嗯,这些都被遗留下来了,但总比那些随机的游戏组件后来还得重新分回各自游戏库里要好。
Well, that's those are things things that have been left behind, which is still better than random game components that then have to be redistributed to their games in the library.
所以这还不错。
So that's good.
是的。
Yes.
好吧。
Alright.
我还有个问题要问你。
So I have another question for you.
对。
Yeah.
你个人在展会上最傻气地随身携带过什么东西?
What is the silliest thing you you personally have carried around at a convention?
我觉得一定是为某个大型活动做准备的时候。
I it's gotta be setting up for some sort of big event.
我知道我提过那个香蕉服装
I know I've mentioned the banana costume
是的
Yeah.
我穿过的
That that I've worn
作为粉丝最爱。
for a fan favorite.
确实是。
It is.
而且这里的粉丝,
And by fan,
我的意思是,这是我个人最爱的。
I mean, it's my personal favorite.
你作为粉丝,是的。
You as a fan Yes.
感谢这一个。
Appreciate that one.
作为你的粉丝,埃里克·萨默尔。
Me as a fan of you, Eric Summerer.
是的。
Yep.
是的。
Yep.
是的。
Yep.
是的。
Yep.
我觉得这适用。
I I feel like this applies.
我们其实最近提到了我们在其中一场Dice Tower展会上做的现场魔法运动员。
We we mentioned actually recently the the live magical athlete that we did at one of the Dice Tower cons.
是的
Yeah.
那会儿我们带着一大堆池塘浮筒和服装到处走。
That was carrying around a bunch of pool noodles and costumes.
对。
Yep.
所以得在大厅里来回搬运,因为这些东西不会自己出现,你得亲自搬着它们走。
And so walking through halls, because this stuff doesn't just appear, you have to carry these things around
哦,当然得带过去。
to Oh, get them for sure.
是的。
Yes.
所以我们为各种活动准备了大量奇怪的道具。
So a lot of weird props for the various events that we've done.
那通常是我搬过最奇怪的东西。
That's usually the weirdest thing I've had to carry around.
而且通常,你需要走更长的距离,因为得从货车或储藏室一路搬运到活动地点。
And often, it's a longer distance you expect because you have to carry it from a van or a storage room all the way to wherever it's being done.
是的。
Yes.
而且没错。
And yeah.
那确实挺奇怪的。
That's that's weird.
这很公平。
It's fair.
泳池浮筒。
Pool noodles.
泳池浮筒。
Pool noodles.
真的。
Legit.
我也经历过很多次,我认为这其实是桌游展会的常态。
I have also had so I've again, I think but that's I think the nature of board game conventions.
你需要携带很多东西,是的。
There's a lot of things you carry Yeah.
这些物品和你的游戏或角色扮演都没有直接关系,这才是困难的部分。
That are non sequitur related to your game or cos play or so that's the challenging part.
所以,把这当作挑战来看,对我来说现在似乎很正常。
So to think of that as that is the challenge is that that seems normal to me now.
是的。
Yep.
最不寻常的,我想说是汤。
The most unusual, I'm gonna say, is soup.
我们又回到汤了。
And we're back to soup again.
因为你知道,在展会中间想要一碗热腾腾的汤,嗯。
Well, because, you know, wanting a cozy little bowl of soup in the middle of a convention Mhmm.
很奇怪。
Is weird.
还要成功地在人群中穿行而不洒出来或被挤坏。
Also successfully getting it through crowds without spilling it or having it crushed against you.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
挑战性很高。
High levels of challenge.
很成功。
It was successful.
这碗汤值得。
The soup was worth it.
不错。
Good.
但我不会重复这次经历。
But I would not repeat the experience.
汤有盖子吗?
Was there a lid on the soup?
是的。
Yeah.
我当时就说,是的。
I was like, yeah.
是个泡沫塑料盒。
Was a Styrofoam container.
我去了一家,呃,
I went to like a Okay.
店,把汤拿在前面。
Place and got the soup in front.
但我边走边觉得它特别珍贵,就像宝石一样,
But then I was walking around, like, it was a precious like, it was gems,
对,是的。
like Yeah.
用双手捧着。
Cupped in my hands.
我只是在想,比如一 Bowl 汤敞开着穿过
I'm just thinking of, like, an open bowl of soup trying to go through
Gen Con 的一些走廊。
some of the halls at Gen Con.
那会
That would
更加奇怪。
be be even more unusual.
很不稳。
Precarious.
而且还装得过满,所以你得特别慢地走?
And it's overfilled, and so you're trying to move really slowly?
是的。
Yep.
我喜欢这个。
I like that.
那是Ministrone。
It was Ministrone.
非常愉快。
It was delightful.
我需要它。
I needed it.
好的。
Alright.
好的。
Alright.
经典的说法是‘赌城发生的事就留在赌城’,但我们得稍微透露一点,或者说是把汤洒出来。
So the the classic statement is what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but we we have to spill the beans a little bit or spill the soup.
是的。
Yes.
有什么是你绝对需要分享、而我们还没谈到的事情吗?
What is something that you absolutely need to share that we haven't already talked about?
好的。
Alright.
我爱拉斯维加斯。
So I love Las Vegas.
我爱拉斯维加斯。
I love Las Vegas.
我喜欢来这里,但我从不赌博。
I like coming here, and I don't gamble.
但我喜欢去一些秘密酒吧。
But I like going like, there's plenty of speakeasies
哦。
Oh.
或者现代的秘密酒吧,当然。
Or modern day speakeasies Sure.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。