本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
本期节目由Apollo Neuro赞助。
Today's episode is sponsored by Apollo Neuro.
Apollo Neuro是领先的医生推荐的可穿戴技术。
Apollo Neuro is the leading doctor recommended wearable technology.
Apollo获奖的Smart Vibes AI在后台无缝运行,自动融入您的生活,提供温和、个性化的振动,刺激您的迷走神经,帮助您更快入睡、更久保持睡眠,并每天平衡、专注地醒来。
Apollo's award winning Smart Vibes AI works effortlessly behind the scenes, automatically integrating into your life to deliver gentle, personalized vibrations that activate your vagus nerve, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up balanced, focused, and ready each day.
不仅如此,Apollo Neuro还是唯一能改善您HRV的可穿戴设备。
Not only that, but the Apollo Neuro is the first and only wearable that improves your HRV.
Apollo使用起来毫不费力。
Apollo is effortless.
只需全天候佩戴,让它为您完成所有工作。
Simply wear it throughout the day and night and let it do the work for you.
它安全适用于任何人,无任何副作用,是唯一可以佩戴在身体任何部位的可穿戴设备。
It's safe for anyone and everyone with no side effects and is the only wearable that can be worn anywhere on your body.
最佳健康状态需要身心协调,而Apollo正是建立这种连接的关键。
Optimal health requires both the mind and body to be in line and Apollo is the key to establishing that connection.
查看下方描述,使用我的专属折扣节省90美元。
Check the description below to save $90 with my special discount.
今天就用Apollo Neuro掌控你的健康。
Take control over your health today with Apollo Neuro.
好了,各位。
Alright, everybody.
欢迎回到Dylan Gemelli播客。
Welcome back to the Dylan Gemelli podcast.
我经常这么说,而且我是发自内心地这么说。
So I say this a lot, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart.
我是地球上最幸运的人之一,因为我从事着一份工作——我不觉得这是工作,而是能与全球最聪明、最有学识、最有见识的人交流。
I am one of the most blessed individuals on the planet because I have the job, I guess, and I don't consider it a job to speak to the most brilliant and well educated people and informed people all over the world.
这就是我的工作。
That's my job.
我珍惜我拥有的每一秒、每一个时刻。
And I value every second, every moment that I have.
但我也只是普通人,我有一份简短的清单。
But also, I'm human and I have a short list.
这是一份我一直想完成的采访清单。
It's it's a bucket list of interviews that I've wanted to do.
你知道,我几乎从未向任何人分享过这份清单,除了我的妻子和在祷告中,关于谁会来、会聊些什么等等。
And, you know, I I I've never really shared this with anybody other than my wife and and in prayer, you know, about who's coming on and and whatnot.
但今天的嘉宾,自从我开始做播客以来,几乎一直都在这份清单上。
But my guest today has been on that list for almost the entire time since I started my podcast.
所以今天对我来说格外特别。
So today is extra special to me.
我迫不及待想和他聊聊。
I can't wait to talk to him.
我从未见过如此博学的人,我会尽力给他一个最好的介绍,但我根本无法充分表达他的伟大。
I have not met somebody with such a plethora of knowledge, so I'm gonna try to give him the best introduction that I can, but I can't do him any justice whatsoever.
但他是一位医生。
But he's a physician.
他是一位科学家。
He's a scientist.
他是一位畅销书作者。
He's a best selling author.
我刚买了他的书。
I just got his book.
这本书叫《吃出健康:人体自愈的新科学》。
It's called eat to beat disease, the new science of how your body can heal itself.
他还有一本书,叫《吃出好身材:燃脂、修复新陈代谢、延长寿命》。
And he also has a book, eat to beat your diet, burn fat, heal your metabolism, and live longer.
他的知识和视频无处不在,他是一位著名的演讲者,你到处都能看到他。
He is everywhere with his knowledge and his videos, and he is a prominent speaker, and you can find him all over the place.
今天非常荣幸能为大家带来,医生。
I am honored and pleasure to bring you today, Doctor.
威廉·李。
William Li.
谢谢,戴伦。
Well, thank you, Dylan.
很高兴能来这里。
It's a pleasure to be here.
太棒了,老兄。
Awesome, man.
你知道吗?
Well, you know what?
我知道你很忙。
I know you're busy.
感谢你抽出时间。
I appreciate your time.
正如我所说,我一直在期待这次对话。
Like I said, I have been really looking forward to this.
在和你简短交流后,我发现你远超我的预期,而我原本就已经抱有很高的期望。
And then after speaking with you briefly and realizing that you were going to be far more than I expected, and I already had high expectations.
我想充分利用和你在一起的每一秒。
I wanna take advantage of every second I have with you.
所以我想先说的是,你太聪明了,而且我欣赏你的很多方面,比如你从不回避问题。我常遇到一些人,他们给出的答案总是模棱两可、绕圈子,但你在谈论任何事情时都毫不迟疑,非常直接。
So what I wanna start off with first is you are so brilliant, and, you know, a variety of things appreciate about you is that you're I I I tend to find people that I call it political answers because when you ask them a question, they kind of dance and you have zero hesitation in everything that I see you talk about and that you do.
所以我的第一个问题是:你是如何在如此广泛的领域中保持如此敏锐的?
And so my first question would be to you is how do you stay so sharp on such a variety of topics?
你平时练习或做些什么,让你能始终如此专注,无论被问到什么问题,你都能应对自如?
What is it that you practice or that you do that keeps you that in line where it just seems like no matter what you get asked, it's
你说的是精准吗?
what pinpoint?
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,我真的很幸运,因为我一直朝着同一个方向努力,像砌砖一样,一步步构建我的科学家生涯。
You know, I'm really fortunate because I've been working in the same direction, building brick by brick, my career looking as a scientist.
我是一名血管生物学家。
I'm a vascular biologist.
作为一名医生,我接受的是内科培训,这个领域非常广泛。
As a physician, I'm trained in internal medicine, which is extremely broad.
在内科领域,我全身心投入。
And in internal medicine, I've gone whole hog.
所以我曾管理过重症监护室,也管理过急诊室。
So I've run intensive care units, I've run emergency rooms.
我已经远远超出了普通家庭医学和舒适区的范畴。
So I've gone far beyond the usual family practice and a fair weather medicine area.
我就像在飓风眼之中穿梭一样。
I fly through the eye of the hurricane kind of thing.
而且,我认为随着时间推移,作为一名研究者,我真正热衷于投身未知领域,揭开面纱,发现新事物。
And, you know, I think over time and I'm a researcher, so I literally am excited to plunge into the unknown and and pull back the cloak and discover new things.
所以我认为我只是学会了如何保持站稳脚跟。
So I think I've just learned how to stay on my feet.
而且,我一直是个非常踏实的人。
And, and I've always been a very grounded person.
所以,我总是这样告诉人们。
So, and I always tell the people this.
我首先是个科学家,很多人认为非科学家的人觉得科学家整天像个天才,什么都懂,到处谈论。
I'm I'm sort of a scientist first, and a lot of people think that people who are not scientists think that scientists go around being brainiacs, talking about everything that they know.
但事实上,像我这样的真正科学家,大部分时间都在谦逊的海洋中挣扎,因为我们大部分时间都在思考自己不知道什么,提出问题,保持好奇。
But in fact, real scientists like me, we spend most of our time in kind of a, treading water in a sea of humility because we spend most of our time thinking about what we don't know and, and asking questions and being curious.
所以我会说,我是个很务实的人,大部分时间都在满足好奇心,琢磨我们接下来该问什么问题。
So I would say, you know, I'm a pretty grounded person who spends most of my time, scratching the itch of curiosity and figuring out, like, what questions do we need to ask next?
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
我欣赏你的一点是你非常注重事实和数据。
And one of the things I love about you is how fact based that you are and that data driven.
我也是这样。
I am the same way.
我不喜欢夸张。
I don't like hyperbole.
我不喜欢夸大其词,也不喜欢神话般的回答和想法。
I don't like over exaggeration, and I don't like mythical answers and thoughts.
我喜欢事实。
I like facts.
我喜欢扎实的基础工作,我很欣赏你这样做。
I like groundwork, and I love that you do that.
我知道有一些事情是你一直在研究并发现的,但还有一些我们之前讨论过、你最近发现的新内容。
And I know that there's some things that you're constantly working on that you found, but some of the things that I know that that we kind of talked about that you found out that are newer.
我想深入探讨一下这些内容。
I want to get into some of that stuff.
我想跟大家分享这些,也想谈谈它们。
I want to share that with everybody and I want to talk about it.
我们之前谈到大脑有自己的微生物组,我对这个话题非常着迷。
So we were talking about the brain having its own microbiome, and I am so intrigued by that.
我希望你能深入讲解一下你的发现,以及这些发现对我们所有人意味着什么。
And I want to I'd love for you to just kind of dig in and explain what you found and and what that means for all of us.
对。
Right.
所以,听我说,多年前我上医学院时,第一周就学到细菌是坏的。
So listen, when I went to medical school years ago, within the first week, what I was taught is that bacteria are bad.
我们必须记住数百种细菌,并通过记忆抗生素来杀死它们。
We had to memorize hundreds of bacteria and that we must kill bacteria by memorizing antibiotics.
事实上,自抗生素出现以来的几十年里,医学实践一直将这种极其重要的工具当作一种粗暴的手段,只要有可能就消灭细菌。
And really, the practice of medicine for decades really has been since the advent of antibiotics, which is about one hundred years ago, really been using this incredibly important tool as a blunt instrument to smash bacteria whenever we can.
多年前,我在医学院被教导说,作为一名医生,我遇到的大多数细菌都是有害的。
And I literally thought years ago, taught by taught in medical school that most of the bacteria that I'm going to encounter as a physician are bad bacteria.
所以我需要像西部枪手一样做好准备,随时掏出我的武器——就像约翰·韦恩那样,每只手一把枪,每只手一种抗生素,来击倒那些坏家伙。
So I needed to be prepared like a gunslinger to be able to whip out my weapon, you know, like John Wu style, you know, a gun in each hand, an antibiotic each hand to be able to knock out the bad guys.
但事实上,在过去十五年里,我对这一点的理解完全颠倒了,我现在意识到,人类一生中遇到的大多数细菌其实是有益的,而且大多数都生活在我们的体内。
Well, actually, I have to say in the last decade and a half, my understanding of that has completely been inverted, where I've now realized that most of the bacteria that humans meet in their lives are good bacteria, and most of them are inside our bodies.
当然,现在每个人都知道肠道细菌了。
And, of course, everybody by now has heard about gut bacteria.
是的
Mhmm.
你不需要是个生物黑客也能听说过这个。
You don't have to be a biohacker to, have heard that.
这现在基本上是日常用语了。
This is, like, basically common parlance now.
我们的肠道里生活着三十九万亿个有益细菌。
39,000,000,000,000 good bacteria lives in our gut.
它们能做各种事情,比如降低炎症、产生短链脂肪酸。
They do all kinds of things like lower inflammation, produce short chain fatty acids.
它们可以改善我们的新陈代谢,帮助调节血脂,向大脑发送信息,沟通肠脑轴。
They can improve our metabolism, help our lipids, text message our brain, communicate the brain gut brain axis.
于是我开始深入研究,作为一名专注于肠道微生物组的研究者。
So I started to really begin digging in as somebody whose research went into the gut microbiome.
因此,我实际上研究了肠道微生物组,以弄清楚这些肠道细菌中是否有什么我们完全不了解、会让我们感到惊讶的特性?
So I actually studied the gut microbiome to be able to say, is there something about these gut bacteria that is totally unknown to us that would be surprising to us?
这不就是肠脑轴吗?
Well, this is that gut brain axis, right?
所以,假设我们大部分的肠道细菌都生活在肠道的最后一部分,也就是结肠。
So assume that most of our gut bacteria live in the last part portion of our gut, the colon.
对吧?
Right?
顺便问一下,戴伦,你知道肠道细菌主要生活在结肠的哪个部分吗?
So by the way, do you know Dylan, what part of the colon the gut bacteria mostly live in?
不,我不知道。
No, I do not.
好吧。
Okay.
那我给你简单上一堂解剖课。
So let me give you a quick anatomy lesson.
好的。
Okay.
结肠从身体右侧开始。
Colon starts from the right side of the body.
你乘电梯上升。
You take an elevator up.
这是一条向上延伸的管道,然后你换乘自动扶梯。
It's a tube that goes up and then you take the escalator.
它横跨你的腹部,因此有一段水平的部分。
It goes across your belly, so there's a horse of a horizontal part of it.
在另一端,穿过肠道后,你乘坐下行电梯,这条管道向下延伸,这部分称为降结肠,最终通向直肠,然后就是排便通道,你就完成了。
And then on the other end of it, which after crossing your gut, you got the down elevator and this tube goes down, and that down part of your descending colon then winds up in your rectum, then it's your poop shoot, and then you're you're done.
现在,你从结肠右侧开始上升的部分连接着小肠,那里有一个小囊袋,叫做回肠。
Now the the part that that you start going up on the right hand side of the of the colon that connects to the small intestines and there's a little pouch there called the ileum.
回肠,回肠。
ILEUM ileum.
实际上,阑尾就在这里,明白吗?
It's actually where the appendix is, alright?
结果发现,大多数肠道有益菌——健康的肠道微生物组,就存在于这个小囊中。
And it turns out most of the gut bacteria, the healthy gut bacteria microbiome is right there in this pouch.
事实上,由于它的位置如此特殊,我们开始重新思考:阑尾是否真的具有我们之前未曾意识到的功能。
In effect, its location is so particular that we're beginning to ask anew whether or not the, appendix actually might have a job that we didn't realize.
事实上,有些人开始认为,阑尾就像一个健康肠道菌群的弹夹,就像你记得的那种老式Pez糖果盒一样。
In fact, we're begin some people are beginning to think that the appendix is a, kind of an ammo clip for healthy gut bacteria, like a Pez dispenser, if you remember those old candies.
是的。
Yeah.
显然,它里面充满了新的或可补充的有益菌,当你需要时就能用上。
Clearly, it's just loaded with the new, or a refill for healthy bacteria when you need it.
我们现在还不能确定这一点,但这个想法确实令人震惊:几十年来,外科医生一直认为阑尾没用,发炎了就该切掉。
Now we don't know that for a fact, but it is kind of a mind blowing idea that, you know, for for decades, surgeons always thought you don't need that appendix out with the appendix.
它发炎了。
It's inflamed.
把它切除吧。
Get rid of it.
不像扁桃体那样毫无用处。
Doesn't do any good like the tonsils.
扁桃体也没啥用。
Tonsils are useless as well.
完全不是这样。
Totally not.
扁桃体是我们免疫系统的一部分。
The tonsils are part of our immune system.
好吧,我们大多数人从小都抱有这些观念,但现在我们开始意识到它们并不完全正确。
Okay, so like most of us have grown up in this with these ideas that we're beginning to realize just weren't quite right.
好的。
Okay.
盲肠和结肠是大多数肠道细菌的栖息地。
So cecum in a colon being the home for most of the gut bacteria.
有趣的是,它们究竟起什么作用呢?
Well, interestingly enough, what do they do?
它们与我们的免疫系统进行交流。
They communicate with our immune system.
当我上医学院的时候,我之所以提到这一点,是因为我想让听众了解,正如你善意地评价我的专业能力那样。
So when I was in medical school and I'm just giving you reference because I wanna share with the people listening that, you know, how, you know, you were kind enough to characterize me, you know, for my expertise.
但专业知识来之不易,我们今天所知道的,可能与昨天大不相同。
But, you know, expertise is hard won, and what we know today might be very different from what we know yesterday.
而我们明天所知道的,又会继续演变。
And what we know tomorrow is gonna evolve again.
因此,我并不把这种研究的爆炸式增长视为错误信息或虚假信息。
And so I don't really look at this huge explosion of research as misinformation or disinformation.
我认为这是一种连续的过程。
I look at it as a continuum.
总是努力跟上最新的进展。
Or always trying to stay on top of what's the latest thing.
我们免疫系统的70%实际上存在于肠道壁内。
So, the 70% of our immune system is actually found inside the wall of our gut.
哇,不在我们的淋巴结里,也不在我们的脾脏里。
Wow, not in our lymph nodes, not in our spleen.
它生活在我们的肠道内部,对吧?
It lives inside our gut, right?
所以,肠道细菌通过肠壁与免疫系统进行交流,这真的非常重要。
So you have gut bacteria talking through the wall of the, of of the gut, talking to the immune system, which is really, really important.
我花了很多时间思考这一点,因为健康的肠道细菌与免疫系统之间的这种交流对于战胜癌症至关重要。
And I I spent a lot of time thinking about that because that conversation between healthy gut bacteria and immune system very important to overcoming cancer.
我们稍后再谈这个。
We can talk about that later.
但肠道壁中还存在另一种东西——神经。
But the other thing that is found in the wall of the gut are nerves.
这些神经从大脑出发,延伸至肠道。
Nerves that start in the brain and go and and go down to the gut.
那么,这些神经是什么?
So what nerves are those?
再回到医学院的时候。
Again, back to med school.
我知道你没上过医学院,所以我给你来个速成课。
I know you didn't go to med school, so I'm giving you a I'm giving you a crash course.
请听好。
Please.
我们学过颅神经,颅的意思是来自大脑。
Learned about the cranial nerves, cranial meaning brain, coming out of the brain.
其中最大的一条颅神经叫做迷走神经。
One of the biggest cranial nerves is called the vagus nerve.
我知道在生物黑客圈里很多人听说过迷走神经刺激之类的东西,但其实这是一大束神经。
I know people in the biohacking world have heard of, know, vagus stimulation and stuff, but this is actually a gigantic trunk of nerves.
你有一条左侧的。
You got a left one.
你还有一条右侧的。
You got a light right one.
它们从我们大脑的底部发出。
They come out of the base of our brain.
它们像沿着电线杆一样沿着这些神经向下爬行,顺着我们的脖子往下延伸。
They they they crawl down these nerves like telephone poles, crawl down, telephone wires, crawl down our neck.
它们进入她的胸部。
They get into her chest.
它们像渔网袜一样缠绕着我们的食管。
They wrap around our esophagus like a fishnet stocking.
明白吗?
Alright?
然后它们继续向下延伸到我们的膈肌,直接穿过膈肌。
Then they go a little bit lower to our diaphragm, punch right through the diaphragm.
明白吗?
Alright?
接着它们进入我们的肠道和腹部。
And then they're in our gut, and they're in our belly.
一旦它们进入我们的腹部,这些粗大的神经干,你可以想象成一支粗大的笔。
And once they get into our belly, these big thick trunks that I would say think about it like a big fat pen.
就像那种老式的粗笔一样。
You know, like those old pens, big fat pens.
它们的粗细大概就是那样。
That's about how thick they are.
但一旦它们穿过横膈膜进入腹部,这些神经纤维就会像尾巴一样散开,像马尾,像画笔,但更长。
But once they get down below our diaphragm into our gut, the the the wiring, the nerves splay out like the they fan out like the tail, like a horse's tail, like a paintbrush, but really long.
然后它们遍布整个消化道。
And then they're going all over the gut.
明白吗?
Alright?
有趣的是肠脑轴。
Now what's interesting is the gut brain axis.
肠道与大脑之间,以及大脑与肠道之间的大量通信都是通过迷走神经进行的。
A lot of the communication between the gut and the brain and the brain and the gut goes through the vagus nerve.
再次说明,我过去一直以为是大脑通过迷走神经进行通信。
Now once again, I'd always thought years ago that it's the brain communicating with the vagus nerve.
副交感神经的放松与消化系统被认为是一条单向通道,从大脑向下传递信号到肠道,因为你知道,你的肠道能有多聪明呢?
The parasympathetic relaxation digestion system was communicating a one way street from your brain down to your gut because, you know, how smart is your gut anyway?
你的大脑要聪明得多,所以是大脑向下发出信号,告诉肠道该做什么。
Your brain's a lot smarter, so it's downstream signals telling our gut what to do.
捏吧,宝贝,捏吧。
Squeeze baby squeeze.
我一直在消化。
I keep on digesting.
但这个观点现在已经被推翻了。
Well, that's now been overturned, that whole idea.
所以我只是想告诉你,作为一名像我这样的医学研究者,观察数据、追踪科学发展的脉络,当我们开始理解人体时,最令人兴奋的是,旧的章节正被撕掉扔掉,新的章节正在被书写。
So I'm just telling you, what's exciting about being a medical researcher like me, looking at the data and following this the the narrative of science as we're beginning to understand the human body is that, you know, there are the old chapters being ripped out and thrown out and new chapters are being written.
顺便说一下,事实证明,沿着从大脑到肠道的迷走神经,只有20%的神经信号是来自大脑的电信号。
So it turns out, by the way, along the vagus nerve, which goes from the brain down to the gut, only 20 of the nervous signals of the electrical signals going along your vagus nerve come from your brain.
20% 的信号是从上往下传递的。
20% go from top down to the bottom.
80% 的电信号是从肠道传回大脑的。
80% of the electrical communication go from the gut back to the brain.
哇哦。
Wow.
而这 80% 的信号中,很多是由我们的肠道菌群决定的。
And that 80% of those signals, a lot of them are dictated by our gut bacteria.
所以你可以把这看作是肠道菌群向大脑发送短信的通道。
And so think about it as the channel that that from which our gut bacteria sends text messages to our brain.
好的。
Okay.
对。
Right.
非常深刻。
Pretty profound.
所以,好吧。
So, Okay.
但我们还没谈到大脑微生物组呢。
But that's we haven't even gone to the brain microbiome.
长期以来,直到最近,我们都认为肠道-大脑轴就是这样运作的。
So for a long time, until recently actually, we thought that that's how the gut brain axis actually works.
你知道这个双向通道。
You know this back and forth channel.
有血脑屏障之类的。
There's a blood brain barrier, blah blah blah.
但在过去几年里。
Well, within the last couple of years.
人们开始研究脑组织和脑脊液,发现大脑有自己的微生物组,有天然存在于大脑中的有益细菌。
People have been looking into brain tissue and brain fluid and found that the brain has its own microbiome, healthy bacteria that naturally live in the brain.
数量不多。
Not a lot of them.
所以你并不是在说一个黄蜂窝般的细菌群,但那里确实有足够的数量。
So you're not talking about a hornet's nest of bacteria, but there's enough back there.
它们在做些什么。
They're doing something.
我们确切知道它们在做什么吗?
Do we understand exactly what they're doing?
嗯,其实并不清楚。
Well, not really.
我们知道它们并没有感染大脑。
We know they're not infecting the brain.
它们并没有让你患上脑膜炎,对吧?
They're not giving you meningitis, right?
好的,它们并没有引起大脑炎症。
Okay, they're not causing brain inflammation.
它们以某种方式在进行交流。
They are communicating somehow.
这是关于我们大脑中健康细菌的故事。
And it's this story of healthy bacteria in our brain.
我们现在也在其他曾被认为是无菌的组织中发现了它。
We're also now finding it in other formally considered sterile, no bacterial tissues.
母乳,曾经被认为无菌,其实并不是。
Breast milk, once thought to be sterile, nope.
拥有良好的肠道菌群。
Got good gut bacteria.
顺便说一下,在怀孕第八个月时,孕妇的子宫会向肠道发送一条信息,说:我们快到了。
By the way, in the eighth month of pregnancy, the pregnant mom's uterus sends a text message to her gut to say, you know, we're almost there.
我们差不多一个月后就要生宝宝了。
We're almost ready to pop baby about a month out.
好的。
All right.
然后,肠道回应说:好吧,我们要引入一种叫乳酸杆菌的细菌。
And and then, the gut says, all right, we're going to get some bacteria called lactobacillus root.
我准备好了。
I ready to go.
所以这些乳酸杆菌根菌。
So then these lactobacillus root.
为什么在怀孕第八个月,肠道里的细菌会像打Uber一样,搭上血小板和血细胞的便车,而这些血小板会把细菌当作新的Uber送到乳头并放下它们。
Why bacteria in the gut at eight months hitch a ride like an Uber in, platelets, blood cells, and these platelets take the bacteria as of new Uber up to the nipple and drop them off.
这就是Uber的下车点。
That's where the Uber drop off is.
明白吗?
Alright?
现在,这些肠道细菌提前一个月就停在乳头上,随时待命,等待宝宝出生,好在宝宝第一次吸吮时,让宝宝第一口吃到奶。
Now this gut bacteria is sitting at the nipple a month early, ready to rock, waiting for the baby to be born, to take that first suckle and get that first mouthful of milk.
这就是妈妈把健康的肠道细菌重新输送给婴儿的方式。
And then that's how the mom injects her healthy gut bacteria back down into the baby.
直接进入肠道。
Right into the gut.
明白吗?
Alright?
我只是想告诉你,这些都是一些全新的范式。
So I'm just telling you these are these are paradigms.
是的。
Yeah.
这些新发现令人震惊,因为它们实际上告诉我们,我们还有多少未知的东西。
Are brand new that are mind blowing because it actually tells us how much we don't know.
顺便说一下,人类精液刚从睾丸中排出时曾被认为无菌。
By the way, human semen out of the testicles thought to be sterile.
不对。
Nope.
它里面含有细菌。
Got bacteria in it.
哇。
Wow.
膀胱里的尿液原本被认为是无菌的。
The bladder urine supposed to be sterile.
你的膀胱里也有细菌。
Got bacteria in your bladder.
这就是尿路感染。
It's a urinary tract infection.
对吧?
Right?
错了。
Wrong.
实际上,身体里本来就存在一些正常的微生物群。
It actually there's no naturally normal little bits of microbiome sitting around.
所以我要告诉你的是,大脑中存在有益细菌这一发现,与我们在身体其他部位发现的情况是一致的。
So what I'm telling you is that this discovery that there is healthy bacteria in the brain is consistent with what we're finding in other parts of the body.
认为所有细菌都是有害的,这种假设完全错了。
And the assumption that all bacteria are bad, totally off base.
理解人体的新领域告诉我们,必须保持开放的眼光,当在意想不到的地方发现细菌时,不要过于惊讶。
The new kind of field of understanding the human body is that we have to be looking for keeping our eyes open and not be too surprised when we find bacteria in places we didn't expect.
然后提出问题:这些细菌在做什么?
And then ask the question, what are these bacteria doing?
它们在控制我们的情绪吗?
Are they controlling our mood?
它们在控制我们的神经递质吗?
Are they controlling our our neurotransmitters?
它们是否真的有助于我们的视力和认知?
Do they actually help us with vision, with cognition?
顺便说一下,当我们患有痴呆、脑雾时,是不是细菌出了问题?
By the way, when we have dementia, brain fog, you know, is is there a problem with the bacteria?
未来我们会不会用细菌来治疗大脑?
Do we treat the brain with bacteria in the future?
比如,把细菌输入大脑来治疗脑部疾病?
Like unload bacteria into the brain in order to treat brain disease?
你能想象这样一个未来吗?我们实际上在为大脑输送益生菌。
Can you imagine a future, you know, that in which we're actually delivering probiotics for the brain?
目前已经有临床证据表明,某些肠道细菌确实能够改变帕金森病的症状。
Well, there's already clinical evidence that some gut bacteria actually can modify Parkinson's symptoms.
哇哦。
Wow.
所以不要想当然。
So assume nothing.
对任何可能性都保持期待。
Expect anything.
这才是当今世界真正科学家该做的。
That's what a real scientist does to in today's world.
观察生物标志物,研究微生物组,关注人体的防御系统。
Looking at biomarkers, looking at, microbiome, looking at health defense systems.
所以,我的研究领域其实就是保持开放的眼光。
And so that's really kind of my field is is eyes wide open.
是的。
Yes.
并且努力构建人类健康的新叙事。
And trying to put together the new story of human health.
所以我有很多事情要讲,但我想说几点。
So I've I've got multitudes of things, but I wanna say a couple things.
第一,我不是科班出身的科学家,但你和我有着相同的心态,我都相信总能找到新的东西、加以改进,或者至少去观察、质疑和提问。
One, I'm not a scientist by trade, but you and I share the same mindset where the I have the same belief system as you is that there's always a way to find something new or improve or at least look and question and ask.
我一直觉得,最重要的一些事情就是提问。
And I have always felt that some of the most important things to do are ask.
永远要提问,这从无害处,而且总该有个解释。
Always ask that that never hurts, and there should always be an explanation.
如果有个奇怪的解释,那就深入探究。
And if there's a a strange explanation, then you dig.
而且,你知道,这涉及术语和表达方式。
And, you know, it's it's terms, it's terminology.
我想你会同意这一点。
And I think you'll agree with this.
我是一名营养学家,曾经二十年一直害怕脂肪,直到我克服了这种恐惧。
I I'm a nutritionist and I lived in a fear of fats for twenty years until I overcame it.
我认为细菌也是如此,听到这个词时,你就会默认它意味着疾病,却不了解或关联到它具有多重含义的事实。
And I think it's the same sort of thing with bacteria where you hear the word and you just assume it's a sickness and illness, you don't understand and correlate the fact that it has a multifaceted meaning.
所以我非常喜欢这一点。
So I'm I love this.
我要做一个推断,如果你觉得我错了请纠正我,这个推断基于你刚才告诉我的事实。
I'm gonna make an inference here and you correct me if I'm wrong, and this is based on the facts that you just gave me.
你说我们70%的免疫系统在肠道里。
So you said 70% of our immune system is in our gut.
所以如果我们有肠道问题、肠漏等问题,这就是我们容易患病和出现健康问题的原因。
So if we have gut problems, leaky gut problems, etcetera, that is why we're so susceptible to illness and problems and disease.
对吗?
Correct?
是因为免疫系统的70%在肠道吗?
Because the immune system has the the 70% in the gut?
你知道,有很多因素会导致肠道发炎,从而影响我们的免疫系统。把我们的免疫系统想象成一支由众多不同类型的免疫细胞组成的超级士兵军队吧,它们就像特种部队一样经过训练。
Well, you know, there's a lot of things that can cause inflammation in the gut that can shift our immune system and tackle our immune think of our immune system as an army of super soldiers with lots of different, types of cells, immune cells that are trained like special forces.
每一种细胞都有自己的武器。
Each one has its own weapon.
每一种细胞都有自己的技能。
Each one has its own skill set.
你知道,有海豹突击队,有游骑兵,有海军陆战队。
You know, you got the seals, you got the rangers, you got the marines.
它们各自承担不同的任务。
They all do different things.
对。
Right.
但它们必须相互配合。
And, but they gotta cooperate.
他们必须协同合作。
They gotta collaborate.
当出现肠漏和其他自身免疫或炎症性疾病时,你实际上是在破坏指挥链。
And what happens with leaky gut and other autoimmune conditions and inflammatory conditions is you're really disrupt disrupting the chain of command.
在某些情况下,你甚至会让一些士兵做错事。
And in some cases you're actually causing some of the troops to actually do the wrong thing.
他们被部署在错误的位置,或接到了错误的指令,这可能会造成严重的后果。
They're stationed in the wrong place or given the wrong instructions, and that can actually be really devastating.
因此,我认为炎症性肠病、克罗恩病、溃疡性结肠炎、乳糜泻,还有许多肠易激综合征,
And so I think that, you know, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, you know, celiac disease, you know many of the irritable bowel.
这些疾病显然都伴随着炎症。
These clearly have inflammation.
它们明显破坏了肠道屏障。
They clearly disrupt the gut barrier.
它们明显干扰了正常的免疫功能。
They clearly interfere with normal healthy immune function.
一旦失去平衡,你就得想想,我们的身体就像马戏团的杂技演员。
And once you get out of balance, you know you think about them like our our bodies are like Cirque du Soleil acrobats.
他们能在骑自行车的同时走钢丝,还能在游泳池里倒立翻腾。
They are able to do the high wire act while they're riding the bicycle, while they're, you know, flipping upside down in the swimming pool.
我们实际上能做的事情真是令人惊叹。
It's really quite amazing what we're actually able to do.
所以,无论你认为自己在开发什么样的医疗设备,这都太了不起了。
Like, that's why to me, no matter what kind of medical device you think you are developing, that's amazing.
什么样的药物呢?
What kind of pharmaceutical?
我们无法超越大自然。
We can't beat mother nature.
人们常说,哦,人工智能会超越我们,创造出新的东西,我对此表示怀疑。
Like, you know, people are like, oh, AI is gonna, like, you know, outstrip us into create I doubt it.
我们的生物学实在是太复杂了
I mean, our biology is so complex
嗯。
Mhmm.
无论我们理解了什么,都只能让我们退后一步,惊叹于我们为何不更常生病。
That whatever it is that we're understanding can only make us sit back and marvel that we don't get sick more often.
是的。
Yeah.
我们其实一直保持着平衡。
Like, we're in balance all the time.
偶尔我们会失衡,然后必须重新振作起来。
Occasionally, we fall off the wagon, and then we gotta kinda pick ourselves back up again.
但你知道,大多数人会问:我为什么生病了?
But, you know, while most many people ask, why did I get sick?
我作为研究者的工作,其实正是基于另一个问题:我们为何不更常生病?
My work as a researcher is really based on why don't we get sick more often?
我们的身体究竟做了什么来保护自己?
What is it that our body does to defend itself?
对我来说,这是其中之一
And to me, that's one of the
我喜欢把问题倒过来,问一些别人可能不会问的问题。
I love flipping questions around and asking the things that other people might not be asking.
我认为,通过了解我们的防御机制、如何增强它们以及它们如何保护我们,你会学到更多。
I think you would actually learn more by learning about our defense mechanisms and what we need to do to strengthen them and how they work to to protect ourselves.
我很喜欢这一点。
I love that.
你所做的事情的美妙之处就在于,你能够看到事物的各个方面,而不只是因为某人说了什么就接受它,因为事实并非如此。
And and that's the beauty of what you do is that you look at all sides of things and don't just accept just because somebody said something that that's it because it's not.
正如我所说,我不是科学家,但我的一贯假设是,科学是一个永无止境地寻找答案和提出问题的过程,以克服那些在我看来毫无意义的信念体系。
And I I like I said, I'm not a scientist, but my assumption has always been that science is a never ending search for answers and questions that need to be asked to to overcome belief systems that are nonsensical to me at times.
但我再问你一个问题。
But here's another question for you.
我觉得在过去两三年里,有一些话题被广泛传播,而‘肠漏’就是其中最热门的一个,至少在生物黑客圈子里,人人都在谈论线粒体和肠漏。
I feel like in the past, and you correct me if I'm wrong here, two to three years, there's been certain things that have become just popularized and leaky gut is like at the top of that list, whether it's mitochondria and leaky gut, at least in biohacking spheres that everybody wants to talk about it.
但我对肠漏症总是得到一些模糊的回答,而且各种说法还很奇怪。
But I feel I get such a vague answer on leaky gut and strange differentiations.
我觉得这让很多人感到困惑。
And I I think it's confusing to a lot of people.
我真希望你能先用简单的话解释一下肠漏症到底是什么,以及如何真正照顾好你的肠道。
I would love it if you would first just explain what it is in simple terms and to how to really take care of your gut.
人们到底该怎么做才能治疗和养护肠道呢?
What what do people really need to do to treat it and take care of the gut?
是的。
Yeah.
好吧,你知道,我是一名医生,接受过解剖学、生理学和病理学的训练。
Well, look, you know, I'm a I'm a physician, so I'm trained on anatomy and physiology and pathology.
这几十年来我一直从事这方面的工作。
Like that's been decades of what I do.
所以,我必须基于我的训练和经验来回答你的问题,并以一种符合我专业背景的方式解释这些内容。
So I I got to come at this, you know, answer your question and and explain things in a way that is, consistent with my my training and experience.
所以我把肠道看作一根管道。
So I think about the gut as a tube.
它大约有40英尺长,从嘴巴一直延伸到肛门。
It's about 40 feet long, you know, from end to end, from the mouth all the way to the anus.
而且它有一层内衬。
And you know, it's got a lining.
它之所以有这层内衬,是为了防止肠道内的物质泄漏出来。
And the reason it's got a lining is to protect the stuff inside the gut from leaking out.
想象一下,当你吃东西、喝咖啡、饮酒,或者摄入其他东西时,胃酸在不断搅动,那些被搅动起来的物质。
Think about it when you're eating food, drinking coffee, having whatever booze or whatever, you know, and then having your stomach acid, you're churning and that stuff that's churned up.
这些被消化的食物是偏酸性的。
That digested food is kind of acidic.
它可能会灼伤。
It can burn.
确实会。
It can.
一开始并不干净,你知道的,它只是慢慢通过肠道往下移动。
It's not very clean at the beginning, you know, and it's just like just like making its way down through the gut.
幸好我们有一层保护整个肠道的内衬,对吧?
Thank goodness we've got a lining that protects the entire part of the gut, right?
光照非常重要,因为它是密封的,我是说,它是防水的,对吧?
Lighting is really important because if and it's and it's airtight, I mean it's like watertight, right?
所以想象一下这种情况。
So think about that.
如果这层内衬开始出现孔洞或泄漏,肠道里的内容物就会从管壁渗出,进入你不想让酸性物质存在的腹腔。
If that lining started springing holes in it or leaks, what's in your gut is going to leak out from the wall of the tube into the the cavity of your belly where you don't want to have acidic stuff.
你不希望肠道里的细菌漏出来。
You don't want to have bacteria from the gut.
你不希望粪便泄漏出来,对吧?
You don't want to have poop leaking out, right?
所以想象一下尿布漏了的情况。
So think about like the burst diaper.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我们不希望这样。
We don't want that.
不好。
No good.
不好。
No good.
所以,这层内膜实际上非常、非常重要。
So that lining is actually the, the the the gut lining is actually really, really important.
顺便说一下,它不仅仅是一层被动的内膜。
By the way, it's not just a passive lining.
它由细胞构成,遍布着分泌各种激素的细胞,包括GLP-1、血清素,以及所有这些对我们行为、消化和整体生理功能至关重要的调节物质。
It's filled with cell it's made of cells and, is riddled with cells, pebbled with cells that secrete various hormones, including GLP one and serotonin and all these other important regulators for our behavior and and digestion and and our overall physiological function.
你不应该随意破坏肠道内膜,但有时肠道内膜会受到破坏。
You don't want to be messing with, the gut lining, but sometimes the gut lining becomes disrupted.
当肠道内膜受损时,许多因素都会导致这种情况,炎症是最容易让肠道内膜受到刺激的方式之一。
And when the gut lining becomes disrupted, a lot of things can cause that inflammation is one of the easiest ways to kind of rub their gut lining the wrong way.
轻微的炎症会导致水肿。
Little inflammation causes edema.
它会使细胞彼此分离。
It spreads apart the cells.
现在,有良好意图的免疫细胞进入其中,引发了慢性炎症。
Now you got well intentioned immune cells getting in there, you got chronic inflammation.
你会把肠道撑出一个洞。
You're gonna blow apart a hole in the gut.
明白吗?
Okay?
那么现在会发生什么?
And now what happens?
内容从内向外渗漏。
Leaking from the inside out.
这正是你不想看到的。
Exactly what you don't want.
这基本上会引发一连串的炎症和更多问题,而你的身体会试图将它隔离起来。
And basically that triggers a domino effect of more inflammation and more problems and your body wants to wall it off.
顺便说一下,我知道健康、养生和生物黑客圈子里的人。
By the way, you know, I know the the Wellness and health and biohacker space.
他们经常谈论肠漏问题。
They talk about leaky gut all the time.
我要具体指出一个医学状况,其中肠漏最严重地发生,那就是所谓的肠穿孔。
I'm going to kind of stick a landing on a medical condition where the leaky is most problematic gut occurs, and that is something called bowel, meaning gut perforation.
你实际上可能会出现。
You can actually have.
一个针尖大小的漏孔,不仅穿透黏膜层,而是贯穿整个肠道壁。
A pinhole size leak that goes all the way, not just the lining, but all goes all the way through the entire wall of the gut.
现在你相当于在肠道壁上直接打了个洞,就像水管被戳穿一样。
Now you've basically punched a hole right through the entire wall of the gut like a garden hose.
你就像用钉子把它钉穿了。
You put put a nail through it.
明白吗?
Alright?
这一定会发生。
It's gonna happen.
肠道内部的废物会喷溅出来。
Spray out junk from the inside of the gut.
想想粪便。
Think poop.
想想酸液。
Think acid.
想想各种细菌喷洒进你的肠道。
Think all kinds of bacteria spraying into your gut.
这可是危及生命的紧急情况。
Now that is a life threatening crisis.
这可不是渗漏。
It's not leaking.
确实在泄漏,但这是一个危机。
It is leaking, but it is a crisis.
你知道我们的身体是如何应对这种危机的吗?
And you know how our body responds to that crisis?
那就像一个终极的泄漏肠道,一个完美的泄漏肠道。
That's like the ultimate leaking gut, a perfect leaking gut.
你知道吗?
Do you know something?
你听说过人体里有一个叫大网膜的器官吗?
Have you heard of an organ in the body called the omentum?
没有,我没听说过。
No, I have not.
大网膜就像一块大围裙。
The omentum is like a big apron.
你知道吗?你去看牙医时,他们会给你围上一块围裙。
You know, you go to the dentist, they put on an apron on you.
是的
Yeah.
好的
Okay.
所以这可能会很有帮助,我认为你可能会引用我的话。
So this is this will be good for for I think you'll you'll probably quote me on this.
人体中有一个叫大网膜的器官,它就像一件围裙。
So there's an organ in the body called the omentum, and it's like an apron.
它主要由脂肪和其他类型的组织构成。
It's kinda made out of fat and other kind of tissues.
这个器官就像一只棒球手套,持续在你的腹部移动,确保你的肠道没有泄漏。
This thing is like a baseball glove that moves around your belly continuously, and it is making sure there are no leaks in your gut.
没有穿孔。
No perforations.
天哪。
Oh, man.
当它发现穿孔时,这个东西就像章鱼一样。
When it finds a perforation, this thing is like an octopus.
它会迅速移动到那个漏口处。
It'll zoom over to that leak.
就像棒球手套一样,它会抓住肠道,将穿孔部位隔离起来,从而避免你发生危及生命的损伤。
And like a baseball glove, it'll grab that gut, and it'll wall off that perforation so you don't actually wind up having a life threatening injury.
所以这个大网膜,你知道的,我意思是?
So the omit you know, I'm you know?
我跟你说这些,是因为医生、医学博士才会告诉你这种内容,
And I'm I'm sharing this with you because this is the kind of stuff that a physician, an MD will tell you,
对吧?
right?
这并不是基于猜测、玄学,也不是什么新潮的科学领域,而只是最基础的医学知识。
It's not on, you know, speculation, not on woo woo ism, not on, you know, cool new, areas of science, but just like really fundamentals.
而这正是我们身体奇妙平衡的一部分。
And this is part of the remarkable balance in our body.
顺便说一下,大网膜包裹住肠道的这个作用。
And by the way, that omentum walling off the gut.
这能救命。
That's lifesaving.
好吧,你会的。
Okay, you will.
你会疼得要命。
It will hurt like crap.
你会去急诊室。
You will go to the emergency room.
他们会给你做扫描。
They will do a scan.
他们会发现你的大网膜紧紧贴在那个区域。
They will find your omentum stuck right in that area.
事实上,它还能精确定位漏口的位置。
And in fact, it actually pinpoints where the leak is.
外科医生打开你,直接过去把洞缝上。
Surgeon opens you up, goes right there, sews up the hole.
这简直就是最严重的肠道漏液了。
That is like the mother of all leaking guts.
所以我只是告诉你,这是真的。
So I'm just telling you, it's real.
这是个问题,但你的身体已经准备好应对它了。
It's a problem, but your body's already set up to deal with it.
但那是一个急性穿孔,急性漏液。
But that's an acute hole, an acute leak puncture.
但这种慢性炎症实际上会磨损肠道内壁,这就是你最终出现侵蚀性、极具破坏性问题的原因,因为它不再局限于某个点。
But this chronic inflammation can actually wear down the lining of the gut, and that's where you wind up having this erosive, really destructive thing because it's not in pinpoint anymore.
你无法把它隔离开。
You can't wall it off.
它可能影响大面积区域,于是你就到处漏液了。
It can be in big areas, and so then you've got leaking all over the place.
正是这种渗漏引发了炎症的野火,带来大量问题,整个世界都受影响
And it's that leaking that just causes a wildfire of inflammation and a whole lot, a whole world
了大麻烦。
of a problem.
所以这个大网膜会不会有可能受损呢?
So this omentum is is that something that could potentially ever get damaged?
如果会的话,你怎么知道它受损了?又该怎么做才能保护它?
And if so, how would you know and what would you do to protect that?
因为显然你希望它得到保护并正常运作。
Because clearly you want that protected and functioning.
是的。
Is.
它是一个相当庞大的器官。
It's a pretty extensive organ.
它扎根于我们腹部深处。
It's rooted in our, like, kind of in deep inside our belly.
我的意思是,如果你真的把一只章鱼扔进你的肚子里,就像你在YouTube或Instagram上看到的那些奇妙的海底生物一样,那就是大网膜。
I mean, literally, if you were to take an octopus, you know, you see on, I don't know, YouTube or Instagram, all these like cool undersea things of octopus, just throw an octopus in your belly and that's the omentum.
它遍布全身,顺便问一下,你知道人们怎么称呼它吗?
It goes all over the place and it's, by the way, you know what they call it?
我们称之为。
We call it.
在医学上,我们称它为腹腔的警察。
We call it in medicine, the policeman of the abdomen.
这很合理。
Makes sense.
它是负责你肠道区域的警察,确保你的肠道不会以一种
It's the cop that that has the beat of your your gut is not leaking in a
危及生命的方式泄漏。
life threatening way.
太棒了,老兄。
I love it, man.
那么这就引出了一个问题,因为每当出现某种状况,人们总是被灌输各种建议:吃这个、用那个,这就是答案,这就是关键。
So then that would pose the question because there's some as always, when there's any sort of condition that you're flooded with, take this to treat it and do this and use this, and this is the answer, and this is the key.
你能稍微解释一下,关于益生元、后生元这些概念吗?
Can you just explain maybe a little bit when it comes to, like, prebiotics, postbiotics, etcetera?
到底哪些东西是真正有效的,哪些是毫无意义的,甚至可能引发不良反应?
What what is actually good that someone implements and what is nonsensical or could actually cause an adverse, you know, reaction?
因为我知道,如果你用了错误的东西,反而会制造更多问题。
Because I know that you can create more problem by taking the wrong stuff.
听好了。
Well, listen.
如果你想聊聊肠漏症以及如何真正解决它。
If you wanna talk about leaky gut and how to actually address it.
好的。
Okay.
这种背景性的、发炎的肠漏症虽然不具特异性,但确实是个问题。
This is sort of the background inflamed leaky gut that is kind of nonspecific, but it's a problem.
对吧?
Right?
所以你必须明白,身体本身就有自我修复的倾向。
So what you gotta understand is that the body wants to heal itself anyway.
嗯。
Mhmm.
明白吗?
Alright?
我们要做的是利用身体本身想要做的事情。
And what we wanna do is to leverage what the body wants to do.
你不应该与身体对抗。
You don't wanna fight the body.
这就像逆着暗流游泳。
That's like swimming against, against a riptide.
你知道吗?
You know?
你做不到的。
You're not gonna make it.
你要顺其自然。
You wanna go with the flow.
这才是你摆脱暗流的方法。
That's how you get out of the riptide.
明白吗?
Okay?
那么,身体想要做什么呢?
So what do what does the body wanna do?
嗯,它会分泌黏液来保护肠道,因为黏液是一种覆盖物。
Well, it secretes mucus in order to be able to protect the gut because mucus is a covering.
你就想一下,轮胎上有个洞。
Just think about like, you got a hole in a tire.
你往那里涂一些硅胶。
You put some, some some, silicone there.
它会黏住,可能会堵住。
It's gonna gum it up and and maybe stop it.
所以,我们肠道下部的黏液实际上是一种非常自然的封堵漏洞的方式,第一点。
So mucus in our gut, lower gut, is actually a very natural way to plug up leaks, number one.
第二点是,我们肠道内壁的细胞实际上会生长。
Number two is the cells lining our gut actually grow.
它们长得很快。
They grow pretty fast.
事实上,它们长得如此之快,以至于会完全更新,也就是说, literally 在一夜之间自我替换。
In fact, they grow so fast that they will turn over, meaning replace themselves literally overnight.
明白吗?
Okay?
因为你想一想,我们的肠道里有大量细胞。
Because you think about it, we got we got a lot of cells in our gut.
它们会被脱落。
They are shed.
你每天排便时,其实是在排出大量肠道内老旧死亡的细胞。
When you take a poop every day, you're you're you're crapping out a lot of old dead cells from your gut.
它们会立刻重新长出来。
They grow right back.
它们会迅速再生以恢复肠道的完整结构。
They go right back to realign it.
因此,我们的肠道内壁具有惊人的再生能力。
So we've got this incredibly regenerative capacity in of our gut lining.
我们希望促进这种再生。
We want to encourage regeneration.
我们希望促进愈合。
We want to encourage healing.
我们希望促进那些实际上有帮助的黏液分泌。
We want to encourage that mucus that can actually be helpful.
所以,我们要避免那些可能引起刺激、发炎或进一步激活炎症的东西。
So, and we want to stay away from things that could irritate, inflame, or otherwise activate further inflammation.
所以,我想告诉你的的是,肠道细菌本身就能降低炎症。
So, so what I would tell you is that, oh, and then the gut bacteria are there to lower inflammation all by themselves.
健康的肠道细菌会分泌短链脂肪酸,而这些短链脂肪酸能自然地减轻炎症。
So healthy gut bacteria will secrete short chain fatty acids, and those short chain fatty acids actually naturally lower inflammation.
把炎症看作是对肠道的一种刺激。
Think about inflammation as an irritant to the gut.
如果你有一点炎症,再加上肠漏症引发更多炎症,那就像是多米诺骨牌效应,像一场野火。
So if you have a little bit of inflammation and, and then there's more inflammation because of leaky gut, now you've got like a domino effect, like a wildfire.
这可不是篝火。
It's not a campfire.
现在你面对的是森林大火。
Now you got a forest fire.
明白吗?
Alright?
这可是个问题。
That's a problem.
所以你想把这场森林大火扑灭。
So you want to calm down the forest fire.
你该怎么做呢?
How do you do that?
嗯,肠道细菌就像你体内的消防员一样。
Well, gut bacteria sort of act like inside your body firemen.
它们一开始就在试图扑灭炎症,对吧?
They're trying to spray down the inflammation to begin with, right?
所以我们要以健康的方式滋养我们的肠道细菌。
So nurture our gut bacteria in a healthy way.
我们能做些什么呢?
What can we do?
我们知道,像酸奶这样的发酵食品,对于恢复肠道平衡非常有帮助。
Well, we know that fermented foods like yogurt, for example, can be very helpful to restore some of the balance in our gut.
所以我认为益生菌——也就是我们可以摄入的、有助于调节肠道菌群平衡的细菌——会非常有帮助,这是第一点。
So I think probiotics, which are really just bacteria that we can ingest that will help to adjust the balance in our gut, could be really helpful, number one.
对于一些人来说,酸奶可能比泡菜更容易接受和推广。
And yogurt, arguably, for some people, little easier to sell and easier to tolerate than kimchi, for example.
但实际操作的方法有很多。
But there's different ways of actually doing it.
我认为任何发酵食品都可能有帮助,但酸奶特别有效。
I think that any kind of fermented food could be helpful, but yogurt is particularly helpful.
它有点像形成一层保护膜。
It's kind of coating.
顺便说一下,一个小贴士:不是任何酸奶都行,要选全脂酸奶。
And by the way, little pro tip here, not any yogurt, whole fat yogurt.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
不是低脂酸奶。
Not low fat yogurt.
好的。
Okay.
这其实是个很大的意外,因为多年来我们一直被告诉低脂酸奶才是正确的选择。
And this is actually a big surprise because for years, we've been told that low fat yogurt is the way to go.
全脂的很危险,会升高你的血脂。
Whole fat's dangerous, raises your lipid.
完全错了。
Totally wrong.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我们还不完全明白其中的原因,但事实上,这些有益菌群的恢复作用并不会升高你的胆固醇,反而会降低它,不会增加心脏病风险,反而会降低心脏病风险,减少患心脏病的概率。
We don't fully understand it, but actually the healthy bacteria, that restoration does not raise your cholesterol, lowers it actually, does not cause more heart disease, lowers your heart disease, lowers the risk of heart disease.
事实上,有一些证据表明,食用全脂酸奶还能降低某些癌症的风险,比如结直肠癌。
And in fact, there's some evidence that it lowers the risk of some cancers like colorectal cancer as well by eating whole fat yogurt.
那么低脂酸奶的问题在哪里?
Now what's the problem with low fat yogurt?
实际上,本身并没有什么问题。
Actually, well, no problem intrinsically.
但如果你看一下低脂酸奶的成分表,就会发现问题出在哪里。
But if you look at the ingredient label of low fat yogurt, you will find where the problems are.
因为如果你把酸奶中的脂肪去掉,想想会发生什么。
Because low fat yogurt, if you take the fat out of yogurt, okay, think about what happens.
所以它会变得塌陷。
So it collapses.
就像一种松散的混合物。
It's kinda like the sloppy mix.
完全尝不出酸奶的味道。
Doesn't taste like yogurt at all.
所以很多酸奶公司会添加增稠剂和乳化剂进去。
So many yogurt companies will add thickeners, emulsifiers into it.
从口感上讲,这可能没问题,但我们开始发现,这些乳化剂实际上会损害你的肠道菌群。
And that might be okay from a mouthfeel perspective, but some of these emulsifiers we're beginning to discover, can actually damage your gut microbiome.
它们无意中破坏了酸奶本应帮助的那些东西。
They inadvertently damage the very thing that yogurt is trying to help.
明白吗?
Alright?
它们损害的是细菌,而不是帮助细菌。
They damage the bacteria, not help the bacteria.
现在我们来说说大家都喜欢的加糖酸奶。
Now then you talk about the sweetened yogurts, which everybody loves.
你知道,你拿起来一看,上面有一层果冻,一些色彩鲜艳的果冻。
You know, you pick them up and they've got a layer of jelly, you know, some colorful jelly.
看。
Look.
嘿。
Hey.
听好了。
Listen.
味道很棒。
It tastes great.
它很甜。
It's sweet.
但当你看配料表时,会发现它含有人工甜味剂、人工色素和人工香精。
But when you look at the ingredient label, it's got artificial sweeteners, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring.
这完全不好,因为这些成分也会损害肠道菌群。
Totally no good because those can damage the gut microbiome as well.
所以我告诉人们,如果你想修复肠道,酸奶是个不错的选择。
So what I tell people, if you want to heal your gut, yogurt's a great choice.
全脂酸奶,不过顺便说一句,现在很难找到了。
Whole fat yogurt, which is not that easy to find anymore, by the way.
我的意思是,我经常在地中海地区做研究。
I mean, like, I do a lot of research in the Mediterranean.
你去希腊,找全脂酸奶根本不是问题。
You go to Greece, no problem finding whole fat yogurt.
真的,随便往右一转、往左一转,都能找到。
Like like, just turn to the right, turn to the left, you'll find it.
在美国,就没那么容易找到了。
In America, it's not that easy to find.
你得真的、真的好好找。
You gotta really, really search.
你知道吧?
You know?
所以当我建议你买全脂酸奶时,如果想让它甜一点,就学希腊人那样做。
So when I say get whole fat yogurt, if you wanna make it sweet, do what the Greeks do.
买蜂蜜。
Get honey.
买一些有机蜂蜜。
Get some organic honey.
滴一点上去,这样你就得到了这种天然的、你知道的,像这样的东西。
Dribble a little bit on there, and now you've got this natural anti you know, like this.
它具有抗菌性。
It's got antimicrobial.
它非常好。
It's it's it's great.
它很甜。
It's sweet.
蜂蜜里含有一些有益的生物活性物质。
It's got some good bioactives in honey.
然后再加一些新鲜水果、时令水果、浆果、烤坚果、开心果、核桃之类的。
And then take some fresh fruit, seasonal fruit, berries, toasted nuts, pistachios, walnuts, whatever.
把它们压碎。
Crush them up.
把它们放进去。
Drop them in there.
哦,来自浆果或坚果的膳食纤维,会滋养你的肠道菌群,帮助恢复平衡。
Oh, the dietary fiber, from your berries or your nuts on the yogurt, they will actually feed your gut microbiome and help to restore that balance.
所以我倾向于解决问题时,不是去寻找最先进、最昂贵、最复杂的方法,而是简化它。
So I like to think about solutions to problems, not by reaching for the most highest tech, most expensive, most complicated thing, but I to boil it down.
基本原理其实很简单。
The fundamentals are pretty easy.
滋养你的肠道。
Feed your gut.
让它恢复平衡。
Get it back in balance.
降低炎症。
Lower inflammation.
你的肠道是最强大的非甾体抗炎策略。
Your gut is the most powerful nonsteroidal anti inflammatory, kind of strategy there is.
无论你吃多少布洛芬,都没用。
There's not there's no amount of Motrin you can take.
布洛芬能让你做到当肠道得到适当调理时它自己就能做到的事。
Ibuprofen can let you do what your gut can do when when treated properly.
益生元也能滋养肠道微生物群。
Now prebiotics also feed the gut microbiome.
它们就像是肠道细菌的肥料。
They're like fertilizer for gut bacteria.
但你知道,我知道现在有很多五颜六色的胶囊和补品,还有人喜欢堆叠使用。
But, you know, like, I know there's all these colorful capsules and supplements and, you know, stacking that people do.
这也没问题。
That's okay.
你知道吧?
You know?
但我认为,我喜欢说,补品是用来锦上添花的。
But I I think that, you know, I like to say supplements are for topping off.
先从基础做起。
Start with the fundamentals.
食物是任何疗愈行为的基础。
Food is the fundamental for anything that you wanna do for healing.
如果你吃色彩丰富的食物,也就是所谓的彩虹饮食,比如浆果、辣椒,还有绿叶蔬菜。
And if you eat colorful foods, eat the rainbow, so to speak, berries, peppers, you know, even greens.
你想想看。
Like, think about it.
绿叶蔬菜其实有多种颜色。
Like, greens have a variety of colors.
如果你是个画家,了解潘通色卡中的绿色,那就想想看。
If you're a painter and you know Pantone colors for green, think about it.
你去农产品市场,会看到无数种不同色调的绿、紫、蓝。
You go to the produce market, they've got so many different Pantone versions of green and purple and blue.
这太惊人了。
It's amazing.
这些食物中的各种颜色和色素,实际上有助于滋养肠道微生物组。
All those colors, those pigments in foods actually help to feed the gut microbiome.
对吧?
Right?
所以,不深入细说,我想说的是,我赞成首先通过饮食方式来减轻炎症,让肠道自然恢复并促进愈合再生。
So, you know, without digging too far into this, what I would say, I like the idea of quelling inflammation using a dietary approach first that allows your gut to reset itself naturally for healing regeneration.
如果你能让肠道重新恢复平衡,那实际上就会开始自然愈合。
If you can get that gut back on balance, all right, that actually is gonna start to heal naturally.
同时,你也需要避免那些会损伤肠道的东西,比如酒精、超加工食品、像零度可乐这类饮料,还有大量摄入肉类。
Now you also do wanna avoid those things that can damage the gut, alcohol, ultra processed foods, as diet diet soda, you know, like, all, in a heavy meat load.
我知道蛋白质很重要,但像生酮饮食那样,大量、大量、大量地吃肉,对肠道也相当有压力。
You know, I know protein is big, but, like, for the carnivore diet, like, heavy, heavy, heavy meat intake, and also kinda rough on the
肠道。
gut.
是的。
Mhmm.
所以我建议人们采取一种更温和、更友善的方式。
So I tell people, take a kinder, gentler approach.
让你的身体自我修复。
Let your body heal itself.
我同意。
I agree.
而且这也会引出下一个话题,因为你提到的这些观点。你知道吗,李医生,我曾经多年吃那些难吃的无脂和低脂酸奶,直到我意识到自己错过了那么多脂肪。
So and this is gonna transition us too because of the points you made, but so you know how angry I am, doctor Li, I spent so many years eating that terrible tasting fat free and low fat yogurt until I came to the conclusion of all the fats that I was missing.
当我改吃全脂酸奶后,我的脂肪摄入量从每天十五到二十克增加到了大约一百二十克。
And when I changed to the whole fat and I changed to I went from fifteen, twenty grams of fat a day to about a 120 grams of fat a day.
我是说,这是一次巨大的转变,因为我有一天突然醒悟,再也受不了这样了。
Like, I'm talking massive transition because I just woke up one day and said I can't do this anymore.
我的皮肤、专注力、健康状况,以及我一整天的状态都发生了翻天覆地的变化。
And my skin, my focus, my health, my the just the way that I function throughout the day has just drastically changed.
我甚至会坚持到生命尽头说,低脂饮食正是导致我出现心脏问题、甚至可能形成斑块的原因之一,接下来我也会和你聊聊这部分。
And I I will argue to to the end of time that the low fat diet caused some of the heart issues that I ended up kind of dealing with and overcoming here and some of the plaque potentially, which is where I'm gonna go with some of this with you.
至于酸奶,你做的和我完全一样。
But what you do with the yogurt, exactly what I do.
我会加浆果。
I do the berries.
我最后会加蛋白粉,但我每天吃很多酸奶,它不仅像你说的那样健康,还很有饱腹感。
I put protein powder in end, but I have so much yogurt every day, and it is it's not only is it good like you said, but it's satiating.
它开启了我一整天的开始。
And it it starting my morning.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,酸奶、酸奶中的蛋白质以及其中的脂肪实际上有助于激活饱腹激素。
I mean, yogurt and yogurt protein and and the fat in it actually helps to activate those satiety hormones.
而且,这本质上是一种稳态调节,重新平衡了大脑中关于饱腹感的信号。
And and again, that's kind of a homeostasis, a rebalancing of what's actually happening in the brain, the signals for for satiety.
然后你再给酸奶加点别的东西,让它更接近传统的地中海饮食风格,你就已经为自己构建了一种全面的饮食方式。
And then you add a few things to your yogurt to make it, let's call it more traditional Mediterranean, You've actually given yourself a kind of a complete approach, you know, to things.
所以我知道,这并不是唯一的解决方案。
So I I know that, it's not the only solution.
你知道吧?
You know?
每个人都寻找非黑即白的简单答案。
Everyone looks for black and white simple things.
我想说的是,这是一个例子。
What I would say is that this is this is an example.
是的。
Yeah.
现在,一个相对直接的方法实际上可以带来显著的改善。
Now a relatively straightforward approach can actually go a long way towards healing.
我想聊聊食物、胆固醇和心脏健康的问题,但我还有一个关于菠菜和草酸类食物的问题,因为我觉得这件事也被人过度放大了。
I wanna get into some foods and cholesterol and heart stuff, but I have one more question pertaining to spinach and oxalate type foods, because that's another thing that I feel like just goes.
有些人在这方面简直走到了极端。
It just goes insane with some people where they just go to the extreme on.
哦,你不能吃菠菜,也不能吃某些食物,因为它们含有草酸。
Oh, you can't eat spinach and you can't eat certain foods because of the oxalates.
你能简单谈一下吗?
Can you just briefly touch on?
这真的是个大问题吗?
Is that really that big of a problem?
我们需要避免这些食物吗?
And do we need to avoid some of these foods?
因为我发现像菠菜这样的食物含有很高的营养价值。
Because I find things like spinach and other things have such high value within them in terms of what we get.
这里是否存在恐惧,还是背后有事实依据?
Is there fear going on here or is there some fact behind it?
嗯,你看,我
Well, look, I
我认为大多数人,尤其是在生物黑客领域,都认识到个性化营养意味着每个人的需求都不同。
think most people recognize, especially in the biohacker space, that the idea of personalized nutrition simply means everybody's requirements are different.
每个人的身体都略有不同,每个人对食物的耐受性和对食物成分的代谢方式也略有差异。
Everyone's body is a little bit different, and everyone's going to tolerate foods and process what's in a food in a slightly different way.
而这正是草酸这个概念的由来。
And that's actually where this idea of oxalates come in.
有些人对草酸耐受性很好,无论摄入多少都没有问题。
Some people tolerate it really well and have no problem at any level.
有些人对草酸非常敏感,他们会把草酸转化成结石。
Some people are very sensitive to oxalates, and they tend to take the oxalates out and turn them into stones.
肾结石或胆结石,你知道的,或者痛风进入关节,可能都是另一个问题。
What's a kidney stone or a gallstone, you know, can be a or into a a gout into your joint could be actually be another problem.
明白吗?
Alright?
这确实是个医学问题,但并不是每个人都会这样。
This is a medical issue, but not everybody, actually.
事实上,我认为只有少数人会出问题,大多数人在正常、健康、常规的菠菜摄入量下根本不会有事,因为除非你是个极端分子,而我想传达的一个信息就是,大多数身体健康的人在短时间内对几乎任何食物都能耐受。
In fact, I would say the minority of people, most people have no problem at normal, healthy, regular doses of spinach because, I mean, unless you are an extremist, and I think this is maybe one of the messages that I want to communicate is that most people who are generally healthy can tolerate a range of almost anything for a little bit of while.
但如果你彻底极端化,把东西推到极致,原本健康的东西反而可能变得不健康,就像水一样。
But if you kinda go whole hog and you take things to extreme, this is where something healthy could actually be unhealthy, like water.
你可能会因为喝太多水而引起水中毒,信不信由你。
You could actually cause water toxicity, believe it or not, by having too much water.
你知道的吧?
You know?
这就是生活的本质。
That's that's the stuff of life.
所以我认为对大多数人来说,草酸和菠菜完全是没问题的。
So I think for most people, oxalates and spinach perfectly fine.
正如你所指出的,菠菜不仅仅是草酸。
And as you point out, spinach is not just oxalate.
人们喜欢把事情简单化。
People like to oversimplify.
哦,这是含草酸的食物。
Oh, this is an oxalate containing food.
肯定不好。
Must be bad.
必须避免。
Must avoid.
好的。
Alright.
你知道吗?
You know what?
菠菜还有很多其他好处。
Spinach has got all kinds of other good news.
我想特别指出的是,像甜菜一样贴近地面生长的菠菜,是天然膳食硝酸盐的优质来源——这些氮元素来自土壤,在菠菜中天然含量很高。
And the one that I like to point out is that spinach growing low to the ground like beets are a great source of natural dietary nitrates, nitrogen from the soil, naturally found at high levels in spinach.
明白吗?
Alright?
你和我可能以前都不知道,但当你吃菠菜的时候,你妈是不是总说:别狼吞虎咽地把菠菜吞下去。
When you and I don't know you about know about this, but when you chew when you eat your spinach, you know, how our mom's like, don't bolt your spinach down.
就是说,你把菠菜放进嘴里,只想赶紧咽下去,不想多嚼。
You know, like, just you you chew you you put it in your mouth and you just try to swallow it so you don't have to fade over.
就像所有孩子都会做的那样。
Like, that's what all kids do.
对吧?
Right?
但实际上,你得让菠菜更好吃。
But, actually, you wanna make your spinach tasty.
加一点特级初榨橄榄油,一点大蒜,挤点柠檬汁或柠檬皮屑,再放些金葡萄干,也许再撒点辣椒片。
Little extra virgin olive oil, a little bit of garlic, a squeeze of lemon or lemon zest, add some golden raisins, you know, maybe a little some chili flakes.
这是我做的一道西班牙风味菜。
That's like a Spanish dish that I make.
明白吗?
Alright?
非常美味。
Very tasty.
但如果你有一道做得特别美味的炒菠菜,你就得好好咀嚼。
But if you have a really good tasty dish of spinach cooked, you wanna chew it.
你想要细细品味它。
You wanna savor it.
当你细细品味时,咀嚼中会释放出令人惊叹的风味。
When you savor it, your chew chew chew amazing flavors.
对吧?
Right?
我刚才跟你说的那道菜。
That dish I was just telling you.
来我家吧。
Come over to my house.
你一定会爱上它。
You're gonna be you'll be loving it.
我可以告诉你,当你咀嚼时,菠菜中的天然硝酸盐会接触到你舌头上微生物群,也就是舌面上的细菌。
And I can tell you when you chew it, you are exposing the nitrates from the spinach, the natural ones, to your tongue microbiome, the bacteria on your tongue.
我明白了。
I see.
舌头上的有益肠道菌群,因为肠道从口腔开始,将菠菜中来自土壤的氮转化为一种形式,当你吞下菠菜时,它会被吸收到血液中,变成——等等——一氧化氮。
Net healthy gut bacteria on your tongue because the the gut starts in your mouth, converts that nitrogen from the soil in the spinach into a form that when you swallow that spinach gets absorbed into your bloodstream as, wait for it, nitric oxide.
一氧化氮是一种天然的信号分子,能发挥多种作用。
Nitric oxide is a natural signaling molecule that does a lot of things.
它在血液中立即起作用之一是让血管放松,而放松的意思就是扩张。
One of the things it does right away in your bloodstream is it causes your blood vessels to relax, And by relaxing, mean dilating.
明白了。
Okay.
血管扩张。
Vasodilation.
那么,当你用一氧化氮引起血管扩张时,会发生什么?
So what happens when that when when you vasodilate with nitric oxide?
你的血压会下降。
Your blood pressure falls.
你知道吗?每降低一毫米汞柱的收缩压,你患致死性中风的风险就会降低百分之四?
Do you know that for every one unit of one millimeter mercury that your blood pressure falls systolic, you decrease your risk of fatal stroke by four percent?
真的吗?
Really?
好的。
Okay.
顺便说一下,高血压是无声的杀手。
And by the way, high blood pressure is the silent killer.
随着年龄增长,血管会变得越来越僵硬。
As you get older, vessels get stiffer and stiffer.
你的血压会越来越高,影响大脑,最终会增加中风的风险。
Your blood pressure goes higher and higher, affects your brain, and actually, eventually, it puts sets you up for a stroke.
菠菜、一氧化氮、血管舒张,血压下降。
Spinach, nitric oxide, relaxation, blood pressure comes down.
它对大脑有保护作用。
It is it is brain protective.
明白吗?
Alright?
没有什么比让身体获得更多一氧化氮更聪明的生物黑客方法了。
There's no more clever biohack than to actually, get more nitric oxide in your body.
明白吗?
Alright?
通过吃美味的菠菜并好好咀嚼,就是其中一种方式。
And chewing your food by having tasty spinach is just one way to do it.
甜菜根也能起到同样的效果。
Beets will also do it.
还有另一件事,我觉得真正热衷于生物黑客的人会觉得特别有趣。
Now the other thing that I I think, people that are really into biohacking might find super interesting.
我知道,我在我的YouTube频道上拍过一些视频,讲的就是一氧化氮是我们体内的一种天然触发因子。
And I, you know, I made YouTubes on my YouTube channel about this is nitric oxide is a natural trigger in our body.
记住,如果你咀嚼并吞下菠菜,就能获得一氧化氮。
Remember, you can get it from spinach if you chew it and swallow it.
一氧化氮是我们体内招募天然干细胞的天然触发因子。
Nitric oxide is a natural trigger for the recruitment of natural stem cells in our body.
真的吗?
Really?
你血液中的一氧化氮,你知道它有什么作用吗?
Nitric oxide in your bloodstream, you know what it does?
它会发出信号。
It signals.
过来。
Come here.
它会触发存在于我们骨髓中的干细胞——天然干细胞。
It triggers stem cells that live in our bone marrow, natural stem cells.
好的。
Alright.
我们骨髓里大约有七千万个这样的干细胞,而一氧化氮会让它们像蜜蜂从蜂巢中飞出一样迅速涌出,遍布我们的血液循环系统。
We got about 70,000,000 of them that live in our bone marrow, and nitric oxide will cause stem cells come flying out of our bone marrow like bees coming out of our hive, and they will buzz around inside our bloodstream circulating everywhere.
这些干细胞只是在寻找需要修复的地方。
And these stem cells are just looking for what I need to fix.
我需要修复大脑、肝脏和心脏中的某些东西吗?
Do I need to fix something in the brain and the liver and the heart?
它们正在修复各种问题。
And they're fixing stuff.
因此,通过食物摄入一氧化氮的另一个好处——比如菠菜、甜菜或芝麻菜——是它能刺激你体内自身的再生性干细胞。
So the other benefit of nitric oxide coming from food, which could be spinach or beets, for example, or arugula, is that you wind up actually stimulating your own stem cell, regenerative stem cells from inside the body.
这就像一种小小的生物黑客技巧,很多人会欣赏,因为它不需要任何昂贵的投入。
This is like a little biohack that a lot of people, might appreciate that it doesn't require anything expensive.
这仅仅是营养的一部分,你知道的?
It's it's just part of nutrition, you know?
所以,营养是帮助身体自我修复的基石,这其实正是生物黑客的一个核心原则,对吧?
And so again, nutrition is the is the bedrock for helping the body heal itself, which is really one of the principles of biohacking, right?
所以我总是认为,让我们从基础开始。
So I always think let's start with the basics.
让我们看看能用基础方法做些什么。
Let's see what we can do with the basic.
在我们添加其他东西来补充之前,让我们先把这一点做到极致,而补充剂就是你用来补充的东西。
Let's take that as far as we can before we start adding other things to top it off, which is what you can do supplements.
我同意,老兄。
I agree, man.
你知道吗,我觉得菠菜其实味道很不错,我并不会大量吃,但只是稍微用黄油炒一下,就像你提到的那些做法。
You know, I find spinach to taste quite good actually, and I don't pop by it by any stretch, but just a little bit of just a little bit of saute in the butter and like some of the stuff you said.
我觉得这太棒了。
And I think it is phenomenal.
我的意思是,好吧。
I mean, it's like, okay.
现在我们来谈谈一氧化氮,因为我知道它有多有益。
So now talking about the nitric oxide because I know how beneficial.
你在心脏方面有什么发现吗?
What do you find in terms of, like, with the heart related?
比如,你认为一氧化氮对改善射血分数,或者对心力衰竭或心脏功能不足等方面有帮助吗?
Like, do you find that nitric oxide is important for, say, ejection fraction improvement or anything to do with, like, heart failure or lack of work there?
因为我读过这方面的文献,但我想知道你对它可能产生积极影响的看法。
Because I've I've read literature on that, but I'm curious your thought on how that could potentially have a positive effect.
你看。
Well, look.
我的意思是,一氧化氮及其在心血管系统中的干细胞招募作用,无论是心脏的冠状动脉——也就是心脏的血管,还是心肌本身,都是一个重要的因素。
I mean, nitric oxide and and its stem cell recruitment in the cardiovascular system at the heart level, whether it's the coronary arteries, which are the blood vessels of the heart or the heart muscle itself, you know, is is is a substantial player.
这是心脏病学中一个活跃的研究领域。
It's an active area of researching cardiology.
因此,研究心脏的专家们正在持续关注一氧化氮。
So people who study the heart are really looking, continuing to look at nitric oxide.
顺便说一下,我的一位同事和朋友,伊格纳罗医生。
By the way, you know, a colleague and friend of mine, Doctor.
伊格纳罗博士发现了一氧化氮对心脏健康的作用。
Luis Ignarro discovered the function of nitric oxide for heart health.
他因这项发现获得了诺贝尔奖。
He won the Nobel Prize for this.
好的。
Okay.
这就是一氧化氮对心脏健康如此重要的原因。
That's how important nitric oxide is for heart health.
明白吗?
Alright?
我想称他为博士。
I'd like to call him Doctor.
不,是 N O,代表一氧化氮,就像以前的詹姆斯·邦德那样。
No, n o, which for nitric oxide, you know, like like the old James Bond thing.
他是个很棒的人,聪明绝顶,还在不断探索一氧化氮的新作用。
He's a great guy, ingenious, and and still thinking about new roles for nitric oxide.
所以非常重要。
So very important.
明白吗?
Okay?
它对促进心脏良好的血液流动很重要。
It's important for, getting good blood flow in the heart.
一氧化氮有助于修复可能受损的硬组织。
Nitric oxide is good for helping to regenerate hard tissue that might be damaged.
我们仍在探索如何利用它,但我可以告诉你,有一种非常棒的食物和研究可以提供一氧化氮,那就是黑巧克力。
We're still trying to figure out how to leverage it, but I'll tell you, a really amazing food and a study that that can deliver nitric oxide, that, which is dark chocolate.
真的吗?
Really?
黑巧克力是一种没人觉得难吃的食品。
Dark chocolate is a food that nobody thinks sucks.
对吧?
Right?
非常受欢迎。
Very popular.
你知道吗,当我做演讲之类的事情时,只要我拿出一块黑巧克力,班上每个人都会兴奋起来,因为他们都支持它。
You know, when I, you know, do my keynotes and stuff like that, if I show a piece of dark chocolate, like, everybody gets up in class because they they they're rooting for it.
对吧?
Right?
但这里说的是科学依据。
But here's the science.
巧克力,比如巧克力棒这种甜点,意思是它是制造出来的糖果。
Chocolate as a as in chocolate bars, a confection, which means it's a candy made, you know, manufactured.
但它是一种糖果,从本质上讲,黑巧克力是植物性食物。
But it's a candy that's actually made at the start from in terms of dark chocolate, it's a plant based food.
明白吗?
Okay?
因为可可豆,你有没有去过丛林看过可可豆?巧克力就是从那里来的,比如哥斯达黎加或者其他一些地方,你知道巧克力是从哪儿来的吗?
Because the cacao pod have you ever been to a jungle to look at cacao pods where chocolate comes from, Like in, Costa Rica or some of these other, places that that you know, like, where does your chocolate come from?
它来自丛林,长在长着橄榄球形状的橙棕色豆荚的树上。
It comes from a jungle, and it comes from trees that grow these football shaped orange and brown pods.
我的意思是,它真的看起来像一个橄榄球,就像汤姆·布雷迪那种能扔的球,只不过它是星形的,而且你没法放气。
I mean, literally, it looks like a football, you know, like a like a Tom Brady thing you can throw, except in star, and you can't deflate it.
明白吗?
Alright?
然后,你摇一摇。
And, and you shake it.
你会感觉到里面有什么东西在前后晃动。
You you feel something, kind of shaking back and forth there.
你用刀切开,把它劈开,里面就是这些——我该说多少呢?
You open it up with a knife and split it open, and you've got this, these, how much I should say?
像银元大小的种子荚。
Like, silver dollar shaped, seed pods.
它们被一层白色的果肉包裹着。
They're covered with this white fruit.
顺便说一句,如果你吃新鲜可可果的果肉,非常美味。
And by the way, if you eat the fruit of a fresh cacao pod, delicious.
它有点甜,又有点咸。
It's a little sweet and salt.
它有点甜中带酸。
It's a little bit sweet and sour.
任何有机会这样做的人,如果你正在度假或想订购一些异国水果,不妨买一个可可果。
Anybody who's got a chance to do this, if you're vacationing or you wanna order some exotic fruit, order yourself a cacao pod.
好的,选一个熟透的,打开它,像这样围绕着可可果的果皮吃,这就是你与自然互动的方式。
Okay, a ripe one and open it up and just eat around the skin around the cacao pod like this is you interacting with nature.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
里面含有维生素C和其他营养成分。
You got vitamin C and other things in there.
现在,这些种子荚经过干燥、烘烤、发酵、再次烘烤,研磨成粉末,这种源自种子荚的植物性粉末正是黑巧克力的基础。
Now that seed pod is dried, roasted, fermented, fermented, roasted, ground up into a powder, and that plant based powder coming from the seed pod actually is the basis for dark chocolate.
当你看到70%黑巧克力、80%黑巧克力时,那个百分比就是来自这种植物的粉末含量。
When you see 70% dark chocolate, 80% dark chocolate, that's the percentage of the powder that comes from the plant.
黑巧克力的百分比越高,对吧,你可以看到这个百分比。
The higher the percentage of dark chocolate, right, you can see the percentage.
百分比越高,里面这种植物成分就越多。
The higher the percentage, the more this plant based stuff in there.
那么,这种植物里面到底有什么呢?
Now what's inside this the plant?
大自然真是非常神奇。
Well, mother nature is pretty amazing.
我总是说,你知道,植物性食物是大自然的药房,不是用 p h 拼写的 pharmacy,而是用 f 拼写的 farm,也就是农场。
I always say, you know, plant based foods are mother nature's pharmacy, not with a p h, but with an f, like farm.
我们都知道,黑巧克力中的可可含有的一种多酚叫做原花青素。
One of the things that we know is that, dark chocolate cacao has, a polyphenol called proanthocyanidin.
这只是一个复杂的化学名称。
That's just a complicated chemical name.
大多数人根本念不出来。
Most people can't pronounce it.
我的工作就是念这些术语,所以我练得很多。
I I'm I'm my job is to pronounce this kind of stuff, so I I have a lot of practice.
但这个原花青素,你知道它有什么作用吗?
But this proanthocyanidin, you know what it does?
招募干细胞。
Recruit stem cells.
好的。
Okay.
研究表明,如果你给患有冠状动脉疾病、射血分数降低、血管僵硬迟钝、容易出问题的六十岁人群服用它。
And studies have shown that if you give people with coronary artery disease and depressed ejection fraction and a sluggish, nonresilient, stiff blood vessels to set up for a problem, like in their sixties.
明白吗?
Alright?
也就是说,这些人正面临心脏病发作或缺血的风险。
Like, that's heading towards some events like a heart attack or ischemia.
到了这个阶段,你很可能需要植入支架。
You're probably heading to a stent at that stage.
明白吗?
Alright?
迟早你会得到的。
At some point, you're gonna get it.
如果你让人们每天喝两杯用高多酚黑巧克力制作的热巧克力,连续一个月。
Well, if you give people high polyphenol dark chocolate, two cups of of hot chocolate made with super polyphenol dark chocolate a day for a month.
你在最开始测量这些心脏病患者的干细胞数量,以及他们血管的僵硬程度。
And you measure at the very beginning these are people with heart disease, and you measure at the beginning their stem cells, and you measure how stiff their blood vessels are.
干细胞数量不多,血管也比较僵硬,情况不太好。
Not a lot of stem cells and pretty stiff blood vessels, not so good.
明白吗?
All right?
你让他们连续一个月每天喝两杯用80%以上黑巧克力制作的热巧克力。
You give them two cups of hot chocolate a day made with dark chocolate, 80% or higher for a month.
到了第三十天,你再测量他们的干细胞数量。
And at thirty days, you measure their stem cells.
他们的血液循环中的干细胞数量可以翻倍,这些干细胞由可可原花青素招募,用于心血管系统的修复与再生。
They can have double the number of stem cells in their bloodstream, recruited into their bloodstream for healing and regeneration of the cardiovascular system by cacao pyranthocyanidins.
顺便说一下,这是一个临床研究。
This is a clinical study, by the way.
当你检测血管的弹性与僵硬度时。
And when you test the resiliency of the blood vessels, the stiffness.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道吗?你有没有听说过一种叫血流介导的血管舒张(FMD)的东西?
So do you know something have you heard of something called flow mediated dilation, FMD?
没有。
No.
我没听说过。
I haven't.
好的。
Alright.
所以,这是每个生物黑客都应该知道的事情。
So this is like something that a biohacker should know.
明白吗?
All right?
这实际上来自心血管研究。
It's actually from cardiovascular research.
所以你想了解自己的血管有多坚韧。
So you wanna find out how resilient your blood vessels are.
血管的韧性是长寿和健康衰老的关键。
Resiliency is the name of the game for longevity and and healthy aging.
对吧?
Right?
以下是你要做的。
So here's what you do.
你拿一个血压计袖带,充气,挤压你的手臂。
You take a blood pressure cuff, pump it up, you squeeze your arm.
对吧?
Right?
现在你把它勒紧。
And now you squeeze it.
噗,噗,噗,噗,现在你的手臂已经没有血流了。
Puff, puff, puff, puff, and now there's no blood flow into your arm.
就是说,你稍微往上勒紧一点就行。
Like, you barely squeeze it up high.
现在你的手臂血流已经被切断了。
Now you've cut off blood flow to your arm.
你会感觉到一点刺痛。
You get little tingles.
明白吗?
Alright?
然后你拿一个超声探头。
And then you take an ultrasound probe.
它就像一支笔,是的。
It's like a pen Yeah.
笔尖连接着超声探头,你把它放在肘窝处。
Tip connected to an ultrasound, and you put it right at the crook of your elbow.
现在你在血流被阻断的情况下进行测量。
And you're now measuring with the blood flow cut off.
你正在观察波形,看它如何逐渐消失。
You're looking at the waveform to see the waveform get extinguished.
明白吗?
Alright?
通常,当血液在其中泵送时,会出现一个波形,然后下降。
So normally when blood's pumping in there, it's gonna have a wave, and it's gonna go down.
它会再上升。
It's gonna go up.
这就是正常的血液进出过程。
That's normal blood pumping in and out.
对吧?
Right?
所以你在充气的同时,观察波形从正常逐渐消失直至停止。
So you're you're pumping it up, you're watching that waveform get extinguished from normal to shut down.
现在,如果你身体健康,血管具有良好的血流介导扩张功能,当你突然释放血压计袖带时。
Now if you are healthy, you the flow mediated dilation, you suddenly release the blood pressure cuff.
此时,血液会自然地迅速回流。
Now what happens is the blood comes rushing back naturally.
如果你年轻健康,血管弹性良好,猜猜会发生什么?
If you're young and healthy with good resilient blood vessels, guess what?
波形会突然反弹。
That waveforms go boink.
它会立刻恢复回来。
It's gonna come right back.
呈现出漂亮而强劲的峰值。
Nice and big big stiff peaks.
血流涌入时会出现一个漂亮的峰值,然后会回落。
Blood flow coming in is gonna get a nice peak, and then it's gonna go back down.
漂亮的峰值,然后流出。
Nice peak and come out.
这就是弹性。
That's resiliency.
在心血管疾病中,当你血管僵硬、有斑块和堵塞,而且你的肌肉——我的意思是你的血管内皮功能不佳时——我研究的是血管,所以这正是我的专长。
In cardiovascular disease, when you've got stiff blood vessels, you got plaque and blockages, and and your muscles aren't your spoo muscles are not working very well and your blood vessels I study blood vessels, so this is like my wheelhouse.
我可以告诉你,这个波形是不健康的。
I can tell you that the waveform is unhealthy.
对。
Right.
sluggish,不高不低,没有反应,不好。
Kind of sluggish, not so high, not so low, that's not responsive, no good.
在这个可可实验中,连续一个月每天喝两杯用高多酚黑巧克力制作的热巧克力,你先测了基线。
Now with this cacao experiment, two cups of hot chocolate dart made with dark high polyphenol dark chocolate for a month, you tested the baseline.
这不太好,因为患有心脏病。
It's kind of not so good because of the heart disease.
你在干细胞出现一个月后进行检测。
You test after a month after stem cells have come out.
现在你实际上重新训练并再生了血管内壁。
Now you've actually retrained and regenerated and re healed the lining of the blood vessels.
猜猜看?
Guess what?
你可以将弹性、血流介导的扩张能力提高一倍。
You can double the resiliency, the flow mediated dilation.
这个超声探头显示你迅速恢复了。
That ultrasound probe shows you bounced right back.
这正是我所说的,身体有自我修复的意愿。
This is actually what I'm talking about when, when I say that the body wants to heal itself.
我们选择的食物、饮食和生活方式的选择,以及我们对环境的接触,实际上都能帮助我们的身体恢复。
The food that we choose, the the diet and lifestyle choices we make, exposures that we actually have to our environment, they can actually help our body bounce back.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。