本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
你害怕说英语吗?
Are you scared of speaking English?
你不是一个人。
You're not alone.
我是哈南。
I am Hanan.
我是乔治。
And I'm Georgie.
我们的新系列《克服演讲焦虑》将帮助你战胜说英语的恐惧。
And our new series, Beating Speaking Anxiety, helps you fight your fears of speaking English.
听听学习者和专家的分享,获取提升口语技能的实用建议。
Hear from learners and experts and get practical advice about how to improve your speaking skills.
请访问我们的网站 bbclearningenglish.com,查找《克服演讲焦虑》。
Find beating speaking anxiety on our website bbclearningenglish.com.
大家好,欢迎收听《地道英语表达》,我们将为您解释母语者常用的短语,帮助您也能自如使用。
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, where we explain phrases used by fluent English speakers so that you can use them too.
我是菲菲,今天和贝丝在一起。
I'm Feifei and I'm here with Beth.
嗨,菲菲。
Hi, Feifei.
这周我在我们BBC英语学习的播客里听到了一个有趣的短语。
I heard an interesting phrase on one of our BBC Learning English podcasts this week.
受访者谈到了对商店的网络攻击,紧接着,航空公司也遭到了网络攻击。
The interviewee was talking about cyber attacks on shops and hot on the heels of that, there were cyber attacks on airlines.
我听了这一期。
I heard this episode.
非常有趣。
It was very interesting.
就像这个短语,hot on the heels(紧随其后)。
Just like this phrase, hot on the heels.
意思是某事紧接着另一件事发生,常常是出人意料的。
It means something happens immediately after something else, often unexpectedly.
是的。
Yes.
事件接连发生,中间几乎没有间隔。
Events happen one after the other with not much of a break.
例如,我表妹上周赢得了一个烹饪比赛,紧接着就被邀请为一场婚礼提供餐饮服务。
For example, my cousin won a cooking competition last week and hot on the heels of that, she's been asked to cater for a wedding.
太棒了。
That's great.
我最喜爱的一位歌手刚刚发行了新专辑,而她的世界巡演公告紧随专辑发布之后就公布了。
One of my favorite singers just released a new album and her new world tour announcement came hot on the heels of the album's release.
我立刻订了票。
I booked tickets straight away.
我等不及了。
I can't wait.
哦,真令人兴奋。
Oh, how exciting.
我们来听一听
Let's listen
更多关于hot on the heels的例子。
to more examples of hot on the heels.
今晚又有一场风暴即将来临,紧跟着昨天的洪水。
There's another storm coming tonight, hot on the heels of the flooding yesterday.
在我获得大幅加薪之后不久。
Hot on the heels of my massive pay rise.
我就中了彩票。
I won the lottery.
在赢得联赛冠军后不久,球队又赢得了杯赛。
Hot on the heels of their league win, the team then won the cup.
我们还用hot on the heels来表示紧随某人或某事之后,尤其是当你很可能实现目标时。
We also use hot on the heels to talk about following closely behind someone or something, especially if you're likely to succeed in what you're aiming to do.
是的。
Yes.
所以我们可以说警车紧追着劫匪,意思是警察们与劫匪距离非常近,正在追捕他们。
So we could say the police car was hot on the heels of the robber, which means the officers were very physically close to the robber chasing them.
对。
Yes.
或者在跑步比赛中,第二名的选手可能紧追着前面的选手。
Or in a running race, the person in second might be hot on the heels of the person in front.
他们非常接近超越对方了。
They are very close to beating them.
这个短语的变体还包括 hot on the tail 或 hot on the trail。
And variations of this phrase include hot on the tail or hot on the trail.
例如,我昨晚看了一部电影,里面的侦探正在紧追一名骗子。
For example, I watched a film last night where detectives were hot on the tail of a congman.
听起来很戏剧化。
Sounds dramatic.
我们下次会带来另一个实用的英语短语。
We'll be back next time with another useful English phrase.
那我们先告辞了。
Goodbye for now.
再见。
Goodbye.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。