The Food Chain - 面临水资源短缺的生活 封面

面临水资源短缺的生活

Living with water shortages

本集简介

根据联合国数据,水资源短缺正在成为各大洲日益严重的问题。政府间气候变化专门委员会报告显示,全球约半数人口每年至少会经历一段时间的严重缺水。全球变暖和人口增长预计将加剧这一状况,那么在缺水情况下经营家庭或企业是怎样的体验?露丝·亚历山大走访了巴基斯坦卡拉奇和哥伦比亚波哥大的家庭与企业,并探寻南非开普敦的经验教训——该市2018年曾因面临"零水日"(自来水断流)危机而备受关注。节目中还将探讨海水淡化技术是否可能成为可持续解决方案。节目联系邮箱:thefoodchain@bbc.co.uk 由鲁梅拉·达斯古普塔和比阿特丽斯·皮卡普制作。 (配图:2018年南非开普敦民众排队取水场景。图片来源:彭博社/盖蒂图片社/BBC)

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

这个BBC播客由英国境外的广告支持。

This BBC podcast is supported by ads outside The UK.

Speaker 0

对食物着迷吗?

Obsessed with food?

Speaker 0

喜欢寻找最佳食谱吗?

Love finding the best recipes?

Speaker 0

我是塞缪尔·戈德史密斯,美食作家、厨师,也是《Good Food》播客的主持人。

I'm Samuel Goldsmith, food writer, cook, and host of the Good Food podcast.

Speaker 0

每周,我都会与顶尖厨师、美食作家以及引领饮食方式变革的人坐下来交谈,这些人真正让美食变得精彩。

Every week, I sit down with top chefs, food writers, and people at the forefront of changing the way we eat, all the people who really make food great.

Speaker 1

如果你喜欢一个

If you love a

Speaker 0

一顿美味的餐食和一场精彩的对话,请在Spotify上搜索《Good Food》播客,每周二更新新鲜剧集。

good meal and a great conversation, search for the Good Food Podcast on Spotify, serving up fresh episodes every Tuesday.

Speaker 0

那里见。

See you there.

Speaker 2

联合国表示,水资源短缺是每个大陆日益严重的问题。

Water scarcity is an increasing problem on every continent according to The United Nations.

Speaker 3

我真想冲过去把水龙头关掉。

I just wanna grab it from them and turn the tap off.

Speaker 3

请别用这么多水。

Please don't use so much water.

Speaker 2

据估计,全球约有一半的人口每年至少有一部分时间面临严重的水资源短缺。

It's estimated that around half of the world's population experiences severe water scarcity for at least part of the year.

Speaker 2

气候变化和人口增长预计将使这一情况更加恶化。

Climate change and population growth is expected to make the situation worse.

Speaker 4

这不仅仅是关于今天用水量的问题,更要考虑未来的发展。

It's not only about today's amount of water that we're using, it's thinking about what comes ahead.

Speaker 2

这是来自BBC世界服务的《食物链》节目。

This is the Food Chain from the BBC World Service.

Speaker 2

我是露丝·亚历山大,本周我们将了解在水资源短缺的情况下,人们的日常生活是怎样的。

I'm Ruth Alexander, and this week we're finding out what daily life is like when water is in short supply.

Speaker 5

我今天的水从早上8点就停了,要到明天早上8点才会恢复。

My water today has been cut off since 8AM and won't be back on until 8AM tomorrow.

Speaker 2

我们将了解人们如何适应,以及正在探索哪些解决方案。

We'll find out how people adapt and what solutions are being explored.

Speaker 6

我们说,现在就行动吧。

We say, let's go for it now.

Speaker 6

让我们降低成本。

Let's bring the costs down.

Speaker 6

让我们提升能力,将水资源分配到世界更多地方。

Let's build up the capacity to distribute this to more places in the world.

Speaker 2

我们从巴基斯坦开始,我们的记者巴雷克·沙比尔一直在观察水罐车如何为这座世界级大都市的居民运送供水。

We start in Pakistan, where our reporter, Barak Shabir, has been watching water tankers arrive to bring supplies to the residents of one of the world's mega cities.

Speaker 7

您好,这里是巴基斯坦沿海城市卡拉奇,人口超过两千万。

Good afternoon from Karachi, a seaside city of over 20,000,000 people in Pakistan.

Speaker 7

我正站在城市七个供水点之一的众多大型水罐车旁。

I'm standing by numerous huge water tankers at one of the seven water hydrants in the city.

Speaker 7

该市约40%的人口正面临严重的供水短缺。

Around 40% of the city's population is facing adverse scarcity of water supply.

Speaker 7

卡拉奇的水危机已持续一段时间,但过去三年因气温上升而达到顶峰。

The water crisis in Karachi has been going for a while, but has peaked in the last three years due to rising temperatures.

Speaker 7

供水需求与实际供应之间至少存在50%的缺口,水务委员会的水罐车服务正试图填补这一空白。

There is at least a gap of 50% between the demand and supply of water, and this tanker service by the water board is trying to fill the vacuum.

Speaker 7

一辆载有千加仑水的水罐车可满足约四口之家的用水需求。

A single tanker containing thousand gallons of water caters to a family of about four people.

Speaker 7

政府表示,他们以补贴价格提供供水,仅为实际价格的一半。

The government says they are providing it at a subsidized cost, which is half of the actual price.

Speaker 7

每天从这个地点出发的200至300辆水罐车向东部地区供应水源。

An average of 200 to 300 tankers from this location supply water to the District East on a daily basis.

Speaker 2

水资源短缺部分由炎热天气、基础设施落后和偷水行为造成。

The water shortages have been brought about in part by hot weather, poor infrastructure, and theft.

Speaker 2

那么人们是如何应对这一状况的呢?

So how are people coping with this situation?

Speaker 2

我一直在和格洛丽亚·谢拉齐交谈,她和丈夫以及年幼的儿子住在一套公寓里。

I've been talking to Gloria Shirazi, who lives in an apartment with her husband and young son.

Speaker 2

正如她通过视频连线给我展示的那样,她的周围堆满了大瓶的清水,当地人称之为甜水。

Surrounded, as she showed me over video link, with large water bottles filled with fresh water or sweet water, as they call it there.

Speaker 3

不客气。

You're welcome.

Speaker 3

你看到这些了吗?

Do you see these?

Speaker 3

这两个?

These two?

Speaker 3

这些罐子?

The cans?

Speaker 3

嗯。

Yeah.

Speaker 3

所以这些就是我们不得不获取的饮用水。

So these these are the drinking waters that we have to get.

Speaker 3

我们有三加仑,也就是19升水。

We have three gallons, 19 liters of water.

Speaker 3

我用它来做饭,每十五天,政府会直接给我们送来甜水。

I use it for the cooking, and, every fifteen days, we have sweet water directly from the government sent to us.

Speaker 3

我们把水从管道转移到我们内置的水箱里。

We transferred this water from the pipelines to our inbuilt tanks, water tanks.

Speaker 3

这边是阳台。

This over here is the balcony.

Speaker 3

请别介意里面的杂乱。

Please do not mind the mess in there.

Speaker 3

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 3

你能看到这些水箱。

You you can see these tanks.

Speaker 3

你能看到这个水箱的大小吗?

Can you see this the size of the tank?

Speaker 3

这个水箱有40升水。

This has 40 liters of water.

Speaker 3

我们得用这这么多水撑过十五天。

We we have to utilize this for fifteen days this much water.

Speaker 3

除此之外,你可以看到这些小桶装的水。

And other than that, you can see these small gallons.

Speaker 3

我装了几桶水。

There are a few buckets that I have filled with water.

Speaker 3

我们就用这些水。

We just use that.

Speaker 3

但有了孩子和宠物,我需要的水比这多。

And with a kid and my pet, I require more than this.

Speaker 3

于是我和丈夫坐下来商量,觉得可以多花点钱买些饮用水。

So me and my husband sat together, and we said we might spend a little extra and we get some sweet water.

Speaker 3

我们在卡拉奇各地都从水车购买饮用水,这对我们的开销来说相当昂贵。

So sweet water we get from tankers all around in Karachi, and that's quite expensive for us.

Speaker 2

用水限制是否影响了您为家人准备的菜肴类型?

Have the water restrictions affected what kind of dishes you're preparing for your family?

Speaker 3

我非常喜欢做饭。

I love cooking.

Speaker 3

我是一名职业女性,但我还是喜欢在周末做些精致的菜肴。

I'm a working woman as well, but I would love to cook something elaborate on on the weekends.

Speaker 3

为了我的丈夫、儿子,我会邀请别人来家里,比如我的父母、妹妹。

For my husband, my son, I invite people over, my mother, my father, my sister.

Speaker 3

但由于缺水,我已经很久很久没有这样做了。

But it's been a very, very long time since I've done that just because of the shortage of water.

Speaker 3

我以前经常做米饭类的菜肴。

I used to prepare rice dishes a lot.

Speaker 3

在巴基斯坦,每顿午餐或晚餐都必须有米饭。

And, you know, in Pakistan, it has to be there in every dinner time or at lunch.

Speaker 3

而抓饭是我们最喜欢的菜肴之一。

And biryani is one of our favorite.

Speaker 3

为了洗米,我不得不使用大量的水。

In order to wash the rice, I had to utilize a good amount of water.

Speaker 3

你知道,要把米洗干净,因为里面有很多灰尘和一些小昆虫。

You know, wash it off so that there is a lot of dust and a lot of, you know, these, small tiny insects in it.

Speaker 3

所以我就不这么做了。

So I stopped doing that.

Speaker 3

相反,我现在用通心粉、面条、意大利面和意大利细面来代替米饭。

Instead, I use macaroni and noodles and, pasta, spaghetti instead of using rice.

Speaker 3

由于这里的天气,蔬菜特别容易沾灰,尤其是菠菜。

So vegetables because of the weather here, it's very dusty, especially spinach.

Speaker 3

我们需要多次清洗它。

We need to wash it a lot.

Speaker 3

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 3

用水的话,可能需要冲洗三遍。

With water, maybe three times we need to rinse it.

Speaker 3

相反,我找到了一种购买冷冻蔬菜的方法,它们已经洗好了。

Instead, I found a way to get the frozen ones, which is already washed.

Speaker 3

由于这些原因,我们的预算显然很紧张。

We are short of budget because of that those things, obviously.

Speaker 2

所以你不得不购买更贵的食物吗?

So you're having to buy foods that are more expensive?

Speaker 3

是的。

Yes.

Speaker 3

因此,我们每周要花大约20到30美元买水。

Because of this, we buy water, say, around 20 to $30, something like that per week.

Speaker 3

此外,我必须购买那些已经清洗并包装好的额外蔬菜,以免我的儿子缺乏五岁孩子所需的蔬菜营养。

And then, I have to buy, these extra vegetables, which are already washed and packed so that I don't deprive my son of, the vegetable nutrients that's, you know, required for, five years old.

Speaker 2

今晚你准备做什么晚餐?

And what are you cooking for dinner tonight?

Speaker 3

我正在做快速的牛肉末,这种菜不需要太多清洗。

I am cooking, very quick beef mince, which does not require a lot of washing.

Speaker 3

所以它是预先准备好的、冷冻的,我只是把它拿出来,然后用压力锅快速煮一下,这样不需要很多水。

So it's, preprepared, frozen, and I'm just I just took it out, and I'm gonna cook it in the pressure cooker very quickly so it doesn't require a lot of water in it.

Speaker 2

格洛丽亚·谢拉齐。

Gloria Shirazi.

Speaker 2

七年前,另一个沿海城市也陷入了类似的境地。

Seven years ago, another coastal city found itself in a similar situation.

Speaker 2

开普敦位于南非,被大西洋和印度洋环绕,依赖水库提供淡水,经过三年异常干旱后,供水变得非常紧张。

Surrounded by the Atlantic And Indian Oceans, Cape Town in South Africa was dependent on reservoirs for fresh water, and after three unusually dry years, supplies were running very low.

Speaker 2

2017年12月,BBC世界服务采访了排队等候泉水的人们,询问他们如何应对日益严格的用水限制。

The BBC World Service spoke to people as they queued up for spring water in December 2017, asking how they were managing with the increasing restrictions on water usage that were being put in place.

Speaker 4

洗衣服、洗碗,你知道,这很可怕,因为你不知道水箱里会不会还有足够的水。

Doing the laundry, doing your dishes, you know, it's scary because you don't know if there's there's gonna be enough water coming out of your tank.

Speaker 3

有时当有人在洗桶时,我们会把那水留下来,用来冲厕所。

Sometimes when somebody's washing a bucket, we would keep that water so that we can flush with that water.

Speaker 8

我们不会每次上完厕所都冲水,因为那样会用掉很多水。

We don't flush the toilet every time because that uses a lot of water.

Speaker 8

我们回到了过去,用脸盆洗衣服来节约用水,不再放水洗澡。

We came to, like, the old times, washing in a wash basin to save water, not running the bath.

Speaker 8

没有水,我们无法继续下去。

Without water, we cannot go.

Speaker 2

当时,政府警告称,开普敦正朝着所谓的‘零水日’迈进,届时城市将不得不关闭水龙头。

At the time, the government warned that Cape Town was heading towards what it called day zero, when the city would have to turn off the taps.

Speaker 4

到2018年2月,每人每天的用水量已降至50升。

By February 2018, we were down to 50 liters per person per day.

Speaker 4

禁止任何户外用水。

There was no outdoor use allowed.

Speaker 4

我们不能给游泳池加水。

We could not fill up swimming pools.

Speaker 4

我们被要求使用中水(灰水)来冲厕所。

We were told that we had to use reused water, grey water, for things like flushing of toilets.

Speaker 2

这是开普敦大学土木工程系副教授、未来水资源研究所所长基尔斯蒂·卡登。

This is Kirsty Carden, an associate professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Cape Town and director of its Future Water Research Institute.

Speaker 2

我一直在和她讨论这座城市从这次经历中学到了什么。

I've been talking to her about what the city learned from the experience.

Speaker 4

将每人每天的用水量降至50升,对于住在带花园房屋中的普通人来说非常困难。

Bringing it down to 50 litres per person per day for the average person who lives in a house with a garden was tough.

Speaker 4

完全禁止用于洗车或灌溉的户外用水已经很难了,但每人每天只有50升水时,连冲厕所都做不到。

Not being able to use any outdoor water at all for washing cars or irrigation was one thing, but at 50 litres per person per day you cannot flush a toilet.

Speaker 4

一个普通的马桶冲水系统大约需要6到10升水。

A normal system of a toilet will take about six to 10 litres of water.

Speaker 4

因此,冲厕所被严格限制在绝对必要的范围内,当我们确实需要冲厕所时,会使用在极短淋浴中收集的灰水。

So toilet flushing was really restricted to absolute essentials and when we did flush toilets we were flushing it with the grey water that we had collected during extremely short showers for example.

Speaker 2

这对你在厨房里的行为有什么改变吗?

How did it change what you did in the kitchen?

Speaker 2

厨房?

Kitchen?

Speaker 4

我认为这确实改变了很多,因为你必须仔细考虑用新鲜水洗蔬菜水果、用更少的水做饭,比如不再煮一大锅意大利面。

I think it did change quite a lot because you thought carefully about things like washing vegetables and fruit in fresh water, what you could cook with less water, so not great big pots of pasta for example.

Speaker 4

如果你要煮类似的东西,你会把水留下来用于其他用途。

If you were going to cook something like that, you would save the water for other uses.

Speaker 4

我们洗碗的方式也变了,不用洗碗机,而是用很小的水盆,非常小心地冲洗,非常用心地做,绝不让水龙头一直开着。

And the ways in which we wash dishes, not in dishwashers, but in very small basins, very carefully rinsed, very, you know, very mindfully done, no leaving taps on.

Speaker 2

当时发布了一首两分钟的淋浴歌曲,对吧?用来鼓励人们播放它,确保淋浴时间不超过两分钟?

There was a two minute shower song released, wasn't there, to encourage people to put it on and spend no more than two minutes in the shower?

Speaker 4

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 4

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 4

事实上,当时推出了一系列淋浴歌曲,一些酒店甚至把它们通过音响系统播放出来。

In fact, you know, there was a range of shower songs that that came out, and there were certainly hotels had them, you know, essentially piped through their sound systems.

Speaker 2

比如开普敦《八月报》委托制作的这首。

Like this one commissioned by the Cape August newspaper.

Speaker 2

这些限制是否对所有家庭和社区一视同仁,无论贫富?

Did the restrictions affect all households and neighbourhoods equally, rich and poor?

Speaker 4

富人当然可以负担得起安装雨水收集罐,从而获得一些缓解。

The rich could certainly buy themselves some reprieve in terms of being able to afford a rainwater tank.

Speaker 4

干旱期间安装了成千上万口井,以便人们能够继续为游泳池注水和浇灌花园。

There were many thousands of boreholes installed during the drought so that people could continue to do things like filling up their pools and watering their gardens.

Speaker 4

但在其他方面,我们的待遇基本平等。

But in all other respects we were pretty much equal.

Speaker 4

每个人都能从城市获得相同量的水。

Everyone got access to the same amount of water from the city.

Speaker 4

非正式定居点的家庭没有任何用水限制。

Informal settlement households were not restricted in any way.

Speaker 4

他们的水龙头一直像往常一样持续出水。

Their taps continued to flow in the ways that they always flowed.

Speaker 4

对于中等收入或低至中等收入家庭,分配的用水量是按每户四人计算的。

For the middle income or low to middle income households, the amounts of water that were allocated were calculated based on a household size of four people.

Speaker 4

在许多低至中等收入地区,每户人数可达八人或更多。

In many of the low to middle income areas household sizes can be eight or up.

Speaker 4

对于这些家庭来说,这意味着他们甚至无法获得每人每天50升的水量。

And for those households this meant that they were not even getting their 50 litres per person per day.

Speaker 4

因此,许多人不得不在城市周围的天然泉眼排队取水,有些人甚至奇怪地去邻近的非正式定居点,从水龙头接满水桶。

So many of them queued at natural springs around the city, many of them bizarrely would go to a neighbouring informal settlement and fill up their bucket from a tap.

Speaker 4

你可能不会想到,一个住在设施齐全房屋里的人还会采取这种做法。

You wouldn't think that that would be an option for somebody living in a fully serviced house.

Speaker 4

我们还使用了水资源管理设备,比如水表上的流量限制器或流量切断器,一旦达到每日配额就会切断供水。

And we had things like water management devices, so flow restrictors or flow stoppers on your water meter, that once you reach your daily allocated amount would cut off your water.

Speaker 4

因此,对于生活在中等收入或低至中等收入区域的人们来说,这可能是最艰难的,尽管理论上我们所有人都获得了相同的水量。

So for people living in those middle income, low to middle income areas, which was probably toughest for them, even though theoretically we were all receiving the same amount.

Speaker 2

最终,‘零水日’并未到来,政府也因此受到批评,被认为无端恐吓了市民。

In the end, day zero didn't arrive and the government's been criticised, hasn't it, for needlessly scaring citizens.

Speaker 2

以现在的视角来看,你认为当时的公众宣传信息是正确的吗?

Do you think, with hindsight, do you think the public message was the right one?

Speaker 4

我认为这是一种恐吓策略。

I think it was a scare tactic.

Speaker 4

我认为当时的市长很可能非常担心开普敦这样规模的城市会发生什么。

And I think the mayor at the time was probably extremely scared about what was going to happen to a city the size of Cape Town.

Speaker 4

想象四百五十万市民在全市排队取水的场景,任何市长或城市管理者都不愿去考虑。

The spectre of four and a half million people having to queue for water across the city is not one that any city mayor or city manager wants to even consider.

Speaker 4

我们很幸运,四月中旬第一个冷锋到来,我们确实下了雨,一周内水库水量增加了1%。

We were lucky that halfway through April the first cold front arrived and we did get rainfall and it did add a 1% in one week to our dams.

Speaker 4

这让我们摆脱了困境。

So that pulled us out.

Speaker 4

但如果那场雨没有到来,或者再晚一个月才来,我们就会陷入极其困难的境地。

But if that rainfall hadn't arrived or it hadn't arrived for another month, we would have been in an extremely difficult situation.

Speaker 2

从那以后,基尔丝蒂说,该市加大了对阻止水管漏水的投入,并正在探索增加供水来源的方案,这些来源不那么依赖降雨,比如地下水开采和净化后的污水回用。

Since then, Kirsty says the city has invested more in stopping water leaks and has been exploring options for increasing supply from sources that aren't so dependent on rainfall, like groundwater extraction and purified sewage effluent.

Speaker 2

清除外来树种也很有帮助,因为它们比本地物种消耗更多水分。

Removing alien trees, take up more water than native species, is also making a difference to supplies.

Speaker 2

那么人们对用水的态度呢?

And what about people's water usage?

Speaker 2

现在他们更小心了吗?

Are they more careful now?

Speaker 4

我们已经经历了好几年远高于平均水平的降雨,因此人们的记忆逐渐淡忘了。

We've now had a number of years of well above average rainfall, so people's memories fade.

Speaker 4

然而,我认为人们普遍比以前更关注漏水、浪费、水龙头未关紧以及避免不当用水的问题。

However, I do think that people in general are more cognizant of leaks, of wastage, of leaving tats running, of actually being sure that they're not misusing water than they would have been before.

Speaker 2

供水会不会再次变得如此紧张?

Could supplies get so low again?

Speaker 4

当然会。

Absolutely.

Speaker 4

我们身处一个水资源极不安全的环境中。

We're in a very water insecure environment.

Speaker 4

对开普敦西部地区的预测是,未来将变得更热更干燥。

The predictions for the Western Cape are that we are going to be hotter and drier.

Speaker 2

对于其他面临水资源短缺的城市,你有什么建议?

What advice would you have for other cities who are facing water shortages?

Speaker 4

他们必须制定某种规划,以应对更大的不确定性。

They have to put in place some form of planning that takes into account greater uncertainty.

Speaker 4

我们必须预测并规划气候更大的变异性,同时也要考虑人们进入城市的方式、生活方式的变化,以及这些变化对水资源需求的影响。

We've got to anticipate anticipate and plan for greater variability in climate, but also in the ways in which people come into cities and the ways in which their lifestyles change and what water is needed for those lifestyle changes.

Speaker 4

因此,这不仅关乎我们今天使用的水量,更关乎对未来发展的思考。

So it's not only about today's amount of water that we're using, it's thinking about what comes ahead.

Speaker 2

凯西·卡顿,您正在收听BBC世界服务的《食物链》节目。

Kirsty Carton, you're listening to the Food Chain from the BBC World Service.

Speaker 0

对食物着迷吗?

Obsessed with food?

Speaker 0

喜欢寻找最佳食谱吗?

Love finding the best recipes?

Speaker 0

我是塞缪尔·戈德史密斯,美食作家、厨师,也是《优质美食》播客的主持人。

I'm Samuel Goldsmith, food writer, cook, and host of the Good Food podcast.

Speaker 0

每周,我都会与顶尖厨师、美食作家以及改变我们饮食方式的前沿人物对话,这些真正让美食变得出色的人。

Every week, I sit down with top chefs, food writers, and people at the forefront of changing the way we eat, All the people who really make food great.

Speaker 1

如果你喜欢

If you love a

Speaker 0

一顿美味的饭菜和一场精彩的对话,请在Spotify上搜索《Good Food Podcast》,每周二更新新鲜剧集。

good meal and a great conversation, search for the Good Food Podcast on Spotify, serving up fresh episodes every Tuesday.

Speaker 0

届时见。

See you there.

Speaker 2

我是露丝·亚历山大。

I'm Ruth Alexander.

Speaker 2

本周,让我们了解生活在缺水状况下的感受。

This week, what it's like to live with water shortages.

Speaker 2

人们担心,气候变化和人口增长将导致越来越少的水资源供给越来越多的人。

It's feared climate change and population growth will mean less water for more and more people.

Speaker 2

对于生活在哥伦比亚首都波哥大的1100万人来说,限水已经成为他们日常生活的一部分。

For the 11,000,000 who live in Bogota, the capital of Colombia, water rationing has become a part of their routine.

Speaker 2

四月,由于降雨量不足,水库降至数十年来的最低水平,官员们将城市划分为九个区域,轮流关闭每个区域24小时的供水。

In April, as reservoirs reached their lowest point in decades due to a lack of rainfall, officials divided the city into nine zones, which have their water supply turned off for twenty four hours on rotation.

Speaker 2

记者卢克·泰勒可以让我们了解一下那里现在的生活状况。

Journalist Luke Taylor can give us an idea of what life there is now like.

Speaker 5

现在是哥伦比亚波哥大当地时间早上8点刚过,今天是星期二,通常这没什么特别的,但由于波哥大供水限令的安排方式,情况就不同了。

So it's just after 8AM here in Bogota, Colombia, and it's a Tuesday, which normally would be insignificant, but because of the way that water rationing is rolled out in Bogota.

Speaker 5

我的水从早上8点开始就被切断了,要到明天早上8点才会恢复。

My water today has been cut off since 8AM and won't be back on until 8AM tomorrow.

Speaker 5

这种情况现在已经变得异常平常了。

It's become alarmingly normal now.

Speaker 5

在哥伦比亚首都,这已经成为生活中令人烦恼的一部分,你必须

It's kind of just an annoying part of life in the Colombian capital that one has

Speaker 9

应对

to deal

Speaker 5

with.

Speaker 5

就我而言,家里到处都放着水杯。

So in my case, there are glasses of water dotted around the house.

Speaker 5

如果你去厨房,冰箱里放着各种各样的容器,里面都是我前一天晚上装满的水。

And if you go into the kitchen, inside the fridge, I have all sorts of random receptacles filled with water that I filled up the night before.

Speaker 5

当然,水壶也装得满满的。

And, of course, the kettle is filled to the brim.

Speaker 5

很明显,没有一杯茶,我怎么度过这一天呢?

Obviously, how will I get through my day without a cup of tea?

Speaker 5

水资源限制对家庭的影响是一方面,但对于餐馆和咖啡馆等商业场所来说,影响则更为复杂,因为它们的用水方式更多样,用水量也明显更高。

The impact of the water restrictions at home are one thing, but for businesses, it has a a more complicated impact on restaurants and cafes because their their use of water is far more varied and obviously a lot higher.

Speaker 5

我打算去采访一些咖啡馆和餐馆,看看他们是如何应对的。

I'm going to speak to some cafes and restaurants and find out what they're doing to adapt.

Speaker 10

我的

My

Speaker 11

名字是卡洛斯·莱莫斯。

name is Carlos Lemos.

Speaker 11

我们位于皮斯科特拉,我是这里的老板。

We are in Piscotella where I am the owner.

Speaker 11

当停水时,我们大楼里有一个水箱,但容量很小,所以我们必须节约用水。

What happens when the water is cut off is that we have a tank in the building, but the capacity of that tank is very small, so we have to use less water.

Speaker 11

当用水耗尽时,我们也会采取其他措施。

We also take measures when we run out of water.

Speaker 11

我们会关门。

We close.

Speaker 11

我们不提供洗手间设施。

We don't provide toilet facilities.

Speaker 11

我们使用可生物降解的一次性纸制包装,这样就不必使用普通餐具,避免清洗餐具导致用水耗尽。

We use biodegradable disposable paper packaging so that we don't use normal plates, that we don't dirty the plates because we then run out of water.

Speaker 11

来店的顾客变少了,有时他们会觉得体验明显不同。

Fewer clients come and sometimes they feel that the experience obviously changes.

Speaker 11

但例如,在这个区域,一旦停水,办公室就会关闭,导致销售额下降,人流量减少约40%。

But for example, in this area, when the water goes out, the office is closed so that the sales decrease and the flow of people decreases by about 40.

Speaker 5

查皮诺阿尔托街区遍布时尚的餐厅和酒吧,其中许多是农场到餐桌模式,比如Minimal餐厅,它提供来自哥伦比亚各地的菜肴,从太平洋沿岸到加勒比海,再到安第斯山区,并直接与原住民社区合作。

The Chapinero Alto neighborhood is full of trendy restaurants and bars, many of which are farm to table, like Minimal Restaurant, which serves dishes from all across Colombia, from The Pacific to The Caribbean, and up in the Andes, and works directly with indigenous communities.

Speaker 10

我叫阿雷娜·冈萨雷斯。

My name is Arena Gonzales.

Speaker 10

我是一名服务员,也是一名调酒师。

I am a waitress and also a bartender.

Speaker 5

波哥大的限水措施对您的影响有多大?

And how affected have you been by the water restrictions in Bogota?

Speaker 10

影响真的很大,因为在那些日子里,我们不得不在晚上关门,因为没水了,或者我们只接受预订,仅此而已。

It really affects so much because in those days, we have to close in the night because we don't have more water or we just take the reservation and that is all.

Speaker 10

所以我们有时不得不关闭洗手间。

So we have to sometimes close the bathrooms.

Speaker 10

有时我们无法像平时那样彻底清洁,但我们尽力了。

Sometimes we don't clean everything so well like we like, but we try.

Speaker 10

但真的很难熬。

Like but really it was so hard.

Speaker 5

你们有更改菜单吗?

And have you changed the menu?

Speaker 5

你们对提供的产品做了任何调整吗?

Have you made any changes to to the products that you serve?

Speaker 10

至于食物,我们一般不改。

Like, in general, for the food, we don't change

Speaker 4

对于食物。

for the food.

Speaker 10

但饮料方面,是的。

But for the drinks, yeah.

Speaker 10

我们没有,我不知道,拿铁、浓缩咖啡。

We don't have, I don't know, cappuccino, espresso coffee.

Speaker 10

我们只有美式咖啡。

We just have American coffee.

Speaker 10

果汁和鸡尾酒呢?

What about juices, cocktails?

Speaker 10

所以我们得买商店里卖的整桶水。

So we buy the whole bucket of water that they sell in the store.

Speaker 10

我们用这种水来做鸡尾酒和果汁。

We try with that water for the cocktails, for the juice.

Speaker 10

但有时候,我们不得不告诉顾客:不好意思,你们想要的这种产品我们没有。

But sometimes, yeah, we have to say like, no, we don't have that product that you want.

Speaker 10

我们没有瓶装水。

We don't have water.

Speaker 10

有时候顾客能理解,但有时候人们会……

Sometimes the people understand, but sometimes it's like, people

Speaker 5

抱怨。

complain.

Speaker 10

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 5

我从Minimal开车二十分钟到城市里的另一家餐厅Matrona,那里提供传统的哥伦比亚菜。

I've traveled around twenty minutes from Minimal to Matrona, another restaurant in the city which serves traditional Colombian food.

Speaker 5

我来这里是为了采访服务主管亨利·梅洛。

I'm here to speak to the head of service, Henry Mello.

Speaker 9

我们必须将水储存在大瓶子里,以便维持运营,因为清洗餐具、玻璃器皿等所需的用水量非常大。

We will have to store water in big bottles to be able to sustain ourselves because the consumption of water to wash the crockery, the glassware, and everything is very high.

Speaker 9

有些菜品我们无法提供,因为它们是当天制作的,需要饮用水。

And there are some products that we cannot offer because they are prepared in the day and need drinking water.

Speaker 9

比如说汤。

Let's say soup.

Speaker 9

这些基本上都是以水为基础的。

These are basically water based.

Speaker 9

因此,在限水日我们会限制这些菜品的供应,这行得通,因为那些日子顾客很少,许多办公室也关门了。

So, no, we restrict them on rationing days, and that works because there is a lack of customers on those days, and many offices are shut.

Speaker 9

顾客数量减少了大约30%。

There is more or less of 30% decrease in customers.

Speaker 2

亨利·梅洛在波哥大接受卢克·泰勒的采访。

Henry Mello talking to Luke Taylor in Bogota.

Speaker 2

随着水资源短缺成为越来越多地方的问题,难怪出现了许多企业试图解决这一问题。

With water scarcity a problem for a growing number of places, no wonder there are businesses popping up to try to solve the problem.

Speaker 6

实际上,地球上97%的水都存在于海洋中。

Actually, 97% of all of the water on Earth is in our seas and oceans.

Speaker 2

这是德斯塔林公司首席运营官兼联合创始人阿列克谢·列文。

This is Alexei Levine, Chief Operating Officer and Co Founder of Destollinator.

Speaker 6

因此,你可以想象,这促使我们关注海洋这一巨大的可用资源。

So you can imagine how this prompted us to look at this vast resource that we have available to us in our season oceans.

Speaker 2

该公司从海水和其他地下咸水水源中提取纯净水,这一过程称为海水淡化。

The company extracts pure water from the sea and other salty sources underground, a process known as desalination.

Speaker 6

这听起来很简单,但实际上,盐是一种极难从水中提取的元素和矿物质。

Now that sounds simple, but actually salt is an incredibly problematic element, a mineral to extract from water.

Speaker 6

这个过程需要消耗巨大的能量。

It requires huge amounts of energy.

Speaker 6

盐是可溶性矿物质,而且也具有很强的腐蚀性。

It's a soluble, mineral, so it's, and it's also very corrosive as well.

Speaker 6

如果你去过海边,看过海边的汽车或房屋,就会发现它们因空气中的盐分而严重腐蚀。

You'll see, know, if you've ever been by the beach and looked at cars or houses by the beach, they can become quite eroded because of salt in the air.

Speaker 6

因此,这是一个非常具有挑战性的过程,可能是最难处理的水源之一,但它却非常丰富。

So it's a very challenging it's probably one of the most challenging types of water to process, but it is abundant.

Speaker 6

海水淡化主要集中在中东国家。

Desalination is largely concentrated in Middle Eastern countries.

Speaker 6

如果你想想我现在所在的阿联酋,大约42%的饮用水来自海水淡化。

If you think about The UAE where I'm currently sitting, about 42% of drinking water comes from desalination.

Speaker 6

而在科威特和卡塔尔等国家,这一比例约为90%。

And in Kuwait and countries like Qatar, it's about 90%.

Speaker 2

问题是,这个过程耗能巨大且会造成污染。

Problem is, it's energy intensive and polluting.

Speaker 2

提取出的盐分通常以高浓度有毒卤水的形式被排回海洋,对海洋生物有害。

The salt that's extracted is often put back into the sea in a highly concentrated toxic brine that's harmful to marine life.

Speaker 2

科学家和企业正在努力寻找更环保的方法。

Scientists and businesses are trying to find more environmentally sound methods.

Speaker 2

亚历克谢表示,他的运营通过使用太阳能解决了这些问题。

Alexei says his operation gets around those problems using solar power.

Speaker 6

我的联合创始人威廉有一个非常简单却极具洞察力的想法。

William, my cofounder, he'd had this very simple but very powerful insight.

Speaker 6

他当时住在阿拉伯联合酋长国,正在观察传统的太阳能光伏板。

He was living in The United Arab Emirates, and he was looking at traditional solar PV panels.

Speaker 6

你可以想象,在这种干旱地区,这些面板会变得非常热。

And what happens is these panels get tremendously hot, as you can imagine, when they're in a an arid region like this.

Speaker 6

事实上,当面板变热时,它们的效率会下降。

And in fact, as the panels get hot, their efficiency dips.

Speaker 6

这是一个鲜为人知的事实:当面板温度达到约85摄氏度时,它们常常会停止工作。

So it's a little known, fact, but when the panels get to about 85 degrees centigrade, they very often will stop working.

Speaker 6

因此,这个洞察力的核心在于利用这些面板所吸收的热量,我们捕获这种热能。

So, the insight was really about looking at that heat that is captured in these panels, and we'd harvest that thermal energy.

Speaker 6

用热水来储存能量成本极低,而且效率很高。

Hot water as a means of storing energy is incredibly low cost and very efficient.

Speaker 2

他们可以利用这些能量全天候对海水和微咸水进行蒸馏。

They can use that energy to distill sea and brackish water twenty four hours a day.

Speaker 6

想象一下,这就像一个加压的巨大水壶,水瞬间汽化,我们收集到的产品是超纯水。

Think of it like a giant kettle under pressure, and the water flashes and we harvest what is our product, which is ultra pure water.

Speaker 6

现在,我们可以用这种超纯水来制造氢气,或者进行再矿化,制成高品质的饮用水。

Now we can take that ultra pure water and we can, for example, make hydrogen with it, or we can remineralize it and make very high quality drinking water.

Speaker 2

剩余的盐分则被重新利用。

The leftover salt is then repurposed.

Speaker 6

我们把废弃的卤水回收到系统中,进行超浓缩,使其变成浓稠的咸汤,然后结晶。

We take our waste brine, we recycle it through our system, we ultra concentrate it so it becomes like a thick salty soup, and then we crystallize it.

Speaker 6

我们生产盐,没有任何物质被排回环境。

We make salt, and nothing goes back into the environment.

Speaker 2

截至目前,亚历克谢的公司在阿拉伯联合酋长国有两家工厂。

To date, Alexei's company has two plants in The United Arab Emirates.

Speaker 2

我问他,这项技术是否能够规模化,并让低收入国家负担得起。

I asked him whether this is something that could be scaled up and made affordable for lower income countries.

Speaker 6

令人悲哀的讽刺是,露丝,在低收入国家,人们往往为水支付更高的溢价。

The sad irony, Ruth, is that in lower income countries, very often, they pay much more of a premium, for water.

Speaker 6

我们看到低收入国家面临的挑战,并不是提供负担得起的水的能力。

The challenge that we see for low income countries is not the ability to provide affordable water.

Speaker 6

实际上,关键是获得诸如世界银行或亚洲开发银行等组织的支持,以真正为项目提供担保,因为我们能够提供技术,同时也能带来部分资金支持。

It's actually gaining the support of organizations, whether it's, for example, the World Bank or Asian Development Bank, to actually underwrite projects because we can provide the technology, and and we can actually bring some of the financing to bear as well.

Speaker 6

但我们需要确保项目能够得到保障,以维持其财务稳定。

But what we need to ensure is that the projects can be guaranteed in order to ensure their financial stability.

Speaker 6

如果你能以可持续且循环的方式处理它,就像我们所做的那样,我们就说:现在就行动吧。

And, if you can process it in a way that's sustainable and circular as we do in our case, we say, let's go for it now.

Speaker 6

让我们降低成本。

Let's bring the cost down.

Speaker 6

让我们提升能力,将这种技术推广到世界更多地方。

Let's build up the capacity to distribute this to more places in the world.

Speaker 2

阿列克谢·莱文。

Alexei Levine.

Speaker 3

让我们洗手。

Let's wash hands.

Speaker 3

再稍微多一点。

A little more.

Speaker 3

你怎么看?

What do you think?

Speaker 3

像这样洗手。

What Wash your fingers like this.

Speaker 3

它们干净、闪亮又整洁。

They're clean, sparkly and clean.

Speaker 3

看,我们现在已经适应了这种生活方式。

See, we have adapted to this lifestyle now.

Speaker 3

即使洗手时,我也得考虑要用多少水。

Even washing my hands, I have to think how much water to use.

Speaker 3

但这对我们来说现在已经成了常态。

But this has become a norm for us right now.

Speaker 2

你现在对水的看法有什么不同吗?

Do you think about water differently now?

Speaker 2

你重视它吗?

Do you value it?

Speaker 3

当然。

Absolutely.

Speaker 3

上班路上,我开车经过一些平房,看到园丁们正在给绿植浇水,他们只是在浪费水。

On the way, when I drive to work, I see a few bungalows, and I see, their gardeners who are actually, you know, they're putting water in their, in the greenery, and they're just wasting it.

Speaker 3

他们要么在洗车,诸如此类,我真想停下我的车,冲过去把水龙头关掉。

And they're either washing their cars and all, and I just want to stop my car, and I just wanna grab it from them and turn the tap off.

Speaker 3

请别用这么多水,或者等一等。

Please don't use so much water or just wait.

Speaker 3

让我用我车里的桶装水。

Let me fill the bucket that is in my car.

Speaker 3

你知道,事情就是这样。

You know, that's that's how it is.

Speaker 2

当你展望未来时,这种情况是你考虑的因素之一吗?

Is this situation a factor you take into account when you look into the future?

Speaker 2

这是否影响了你对生活的决策?

Is it something that's shaping your decisions about life?

Speaker 3

确实如此。

It certainly is.

Speaker 3

我和我丈夫都在工作。

Me and my husband are both working.

Speaker 3

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 3

所以我们有一笔收入。

So there is this amount of income that we are having.

Speaker 3

其中四分之一就花在了这个目的上。

Say a quarter of it goes just for this purpose.

Speaker 3

这太多了。

So that's too much.

Speaker 3

因此,我无法考虑租更大的公寓或更好的住所,因为我喜欢植物,喜欢园艺,也喜欢在家里养动物。

For that reason, I can't think of renting a bigger apartment, renting a a better place so that I love plants, I love gardening, and, I love, you know, having animals in my house.

Speaker 3

我想这么做,但因为整个城市的工作机会都很稀缺,我已经放弃了这个梦想。

I want to but I have given up that dream just because we are short of work in the whole city, actually.

Speaker 3

老实说,我们甚至考虑过搬出这座城市,但工作状况……这让我们很困扰。

We've honestly speaking, we have thought about moving from the city even, but, you know, the, the situation of jobs and, you know, that that has messed us up.

Speaker 2

格洛丽亚·谢拉齐。

Gloria Shirazi.

Speaker 2

感谢格洛丽亚以及我们本周采访的每一位人士。

Thanks to her and to everyone we spoke to for this week's program.

Speaker 2

您可以通过电子邮件将您遭遇缺水的生活经历分享给我们,邮箱是 thefoodchainbbc dot co dot uk。

You can share your experiences of living with water shortages by emailing thefoodchainbbc dot co dot uk.

Speaker 2

您也可能想收听本周的《商业日报》。

And you may also like to listen to this week's Business Daily.

Speaker 2

伊丽莎白·霍德森将探讨如何改造老旧的供水基础设施,以防止污染泄漏和盗窃行为。

Elizabeth Hodson will be looking at how old water infrastructure is being modernized to prevent pollution leaks and theft.

Speaker 2

请在 BBC 世界服务中搜索《商业日报》。

Search for Business Daily on the BBC World Service.

Speaker 2

由我以及美食链团队的罗梅拉·达斯·古普塔和比阿特丽斯·皮克普致意。

From me and the rest of the food chain team, Romella Das Gupta and Beatrice Pickup.

Speaker 2

感谢收听,下周再会。

Thanks for listening, and join us again next week.

Speaker 0

对食物着迷吗?

Obsessed with food?

Speaker 0

喜欢寻找最佳食谱吗?

Love finding the best recipes?

Speaker 0

我是塞缪尔·戈德史密斯,美食作家、厨师,也是《好食物播客》的主持人。

I'm Samuel Goldsmith, food writer, cook, and host of the Good Food Podcast.

Speaker 0

每周,我都会与顶尖厨师、美食作家以及引领饮食变革的人士畅谈,那些真正让美食变得精彩的人。

Every week, I sit down with top chefs, food writers, and people at the forefront of changing the way we eat, All the people who really make food great.

Speaker 1

如果你喜欢

If you love a

Speaker 0

一顿美味的饭菜和一场精彩的对话,请在Spotify上搜索《好食物播客》。

good meal and a great conversation, search for the Good Food Podcast on Spotify.

Speaker 0

每周二更新全新集数。

Serving up fresh episodes every Tuesday.

Speaker 0

届时见。

See you there.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客