The Joe Rogan Experience - #2210 - 卡利·米恩斯与凯西·米恩斯医学博士 封面

#2210 - 卡利·米恩斯与凯西·米恩斯医学博士

#2210 - Calley Means & Casey Means, MD

本集简介

凯西·梅恩斯博士是Levels Health的联合创始人,该公司通过实时数据提供代谢健康洞察。卡利·梅恩斯是Truemed的联合创始人,该公司支持健康食品、补充剂和运动的HSA支出。两人合著了《优质能量》一书。 www.caseymeans.com www.calleymeans.com 了解更多广告选择,请访问podcastchoices.com/adchoices

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

乔·罗根播客。

Joe Rogan podcast.

Speaker 0

快来看看。

Check it out.

Speaker 1

《乔·罗根体验》节目。

The Joe Rogan experience.

Speaker 0

展示我的一天。

Showing my day.

Speaker 0

白天黑夜都在听乔·罗根播客。

Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day.

Speaker 2

最近怎么样?

What's up?

Speaker 2

很高兴认识大家。

Nice to meet you guys.

Speaker 1

很荣幸参加你的节目,乔。

Great to having us, Joe.

Speaker 2

感谢你们来到这里。

Thanks for coming here.

Speaker 2

我虽然很开心,但这不是个愉快的话题。

I'm all happy, but this is not a happy subject.

Speaker 2

我不知道。

I don't know.

Speaker 2

用'我们处境有多糟糕'来开始一期播客可能不太合适。

It's probably a bad way to start off a podcast of how fucked we are.

Speaker 2

但我真的很感激你们所做的一切,我记得第一次是在塔克节目上看到你们,你们揭露的所有细节...虽然令人震惊,但并不意外。

But I really appreciate what you guys have been doing and get I I think I first saw you on Tucker, and the the details of all the stuff you guys have exposes, it's not I mean, it's shocking, but it's not surprising.

Speaker 2

这真的太疯狂了。

It's it's really crazy.

Speaker 2

那我们能聊聊这个吗?听说你曾经是'黑暗面'的人?

So can we get into this like you used to be on the dark side?

Speaker 2

就从你开始吧。

Let's start with you.

Speaker 2

向大家介绍一下你的背景,比如你是如何开始从事这项工作的。

Tell everybody your background, like how you got started with this.

Speaker 0

我们在华盛顿特区出生长大,我曾以为作为一个优秀的年轻保守派,就应该支持制药行业或食品行业,为这些行业辩护。

We were born and raised in Washington DC, and I thought being a good young conservative was supporting the pharma industry or supporting the food industry, defending those industries.

Speaker 0

所以我和凯西一起去了斯坦福大学。

So I went to Stanford with Casey.

Speaker 0

她学生物学。

She studied biology.

Speaker 0

我学政治学和经济学,参与竞选活动,但后来成了一名说客。

I studied political science and economics and went on campaigns, but then was a lobbyist.

Speaker 0

在华盛顿,两党人士都会为食品和农业行业工作。

Everyone bipartisan in DC goes to work for the food and the farm industry.

Speaker 0

有一天早上,我正在与农业行业合作,实际上是在将资金引向斯坦福医学院的院长——一位疼痛专家,让他加入NIH小组,在2011年声称关于阿片类药物成瘾的问题被夸大了。

And on one morning, I'm working with the farm industry to literally steer money to the dean of Stanford med school, who's a pain specialist, to be put on an NIH panel to say that opioids in 2011, that the issues around addiction were overblown.

Speaker 0

而事实上,我们帮助策划了一个NIH小组,发布报告说阿片类药物没问题。

And he we we actually helped engineer an NIH panel to issue a report to say, opioids are okay.

Speaker 0

疼痛是一场危机。

Pain is a crisis.

Speaker 0

然后在下午,为食品公司工作,为可口可乐服务,将资金导向值得信赖的机构,将资金导向NAACP(全国有色人种协进会),声称将可口可乐从食品券计划中移除是种族主义行为。

And then later in the afternoon, for food companies, working for Coke, steering money to institutions of trust, steering money to the NAACP, to say that, taking Coke off food stamps was racist.

Speaker 0

至今,可口可乐仍是食品券计划中购买量第一的商品。

Coke soda today to this day is the number one item on food stamps.

Speaker 0

我从根本上意识到,我们是在牟利。

What I realized fundamentally is that we are, profiting.

Speaker 0

国内最大的行业、最大的金主们正从孩子们身上获利——尤其是让他们上瘾、生病、恐惧,然后给他们用药并从中获利。

The biggest industries, the biggest spenders in the country are profiting from kids, particularly getting addicted, sick, and fear, and then and then drugging them and and profiting from that.

Speaker 2

当你们制定策略试图假装阿片类药物不是问题时,对话是怎样的?

What what is the conversation like when you guys are formulating a strategy to try to pretend that opioids aren't a problem?

Speaker 2

具体来说,这些对话是什么样子的?

Like, how what are the conversations like?

Speaker 0

这一点对人们的理解非常重要。

This is really for important for people to understand.

Speaker 0

这个受凯西觉醒深刻影响的制度化体系,会让好人获得合理的推诿空间。

The institutionalized system, which was greatly impacted by Casey's awakening, is that it takes good people and gives them plausible deniability.

Speaker 0

没有人在那些密室里密谋或试图成为恶人。

Nobody's in those backrooms conspiring and trying to be an evil person.

Speaker 0

他们实际上只是在讨论。

They're literally talking.

Speaker 0

你知道这些像我这样的初级员工谈论痛苦灾难时,都在说我们必须把阿片类药物这项创新带给美国人民。

Do you know these junior staffers like me about the scourge of pain, you know, and how we have to get this innovation of opioids to the American people.

Speaker 0

现在是关于肥胖问题,试图让六岁儿童使用Ozempic,这已成为标准治疗方案。

Now it's about obesity and trying to get Ozempic to six year olds, which is now the standard of care.

Speaker 0

在这些房间里,人们认为自己在做正确的事,把这项创新带给美国人民,每个人都能自我欺骗。

In the rooms, it's about doing what's right and getting this innovation to the American people, and everyone can kind of fool themselves.

Speaker 0

在食品方面,重点是给孩子们提供廉价的热量。

With the food, it's about getting cheap calories to kids.

Speaker 0

你明白吗?

You know?

Speaker 0

我们并非要收买并利用哈佛这类学术研究机构来宣称糖不会导致肥胖,然后贿赂NAACP声称低收入人群需要政府补贴的可乐。

It's not we're gonna buy off and weaponize these academic research institutions like Harvard to say sugar doesn't cause obesity and then pay the NAACP to say lower income people need to be getting their government subsidized Coke.

Speaker 0

我们是在倡导选择自由。

It's that we're promoting choice.

Speaker 0

而我——我真的曾经相信这一点,人们也确实这么相信。

And I I really did believe that and people believe that.

Speaker 0

我认为现在有太多迹象表明人们开始意识到事情真的没有朝正确方向发展。

I think there there's there's pings that that's coming through in so many ways of people realizing this really isn't going in the right direction.

Speaker 0

你可以在医生自杀率、医生职业倦怠率中看到这点,我所有进入制药行业或食品行业的哈佛商学院朋友中,精英商业人士普遍存在慢性抑郁现象。

I think you see it with suicide rate among doctors, the burnout rate among doctors, the fact that every friend I have from Harvard Business School who went into the pharma industry, who went into the food industry, There's there's chronic rates of depression among elite business people.

Speaker 0

我觉得人们开始意识到这点,但但在这些场合里,大家仍自认为在做正确的事。

I I think people are starting to realize this, but but but still in these rooms, it's about doing the right thing.

Speaker 0

你会这样说服自己。

You you convince yourself of that.

Speaker 2

哇。

Wow.

Speaker 2

所以基本上所有人都被这东西困住了,没人能跳脱出来

So it's just everyone's sort of captured by this thing and nobody steps out

Speaker 0

的界限?

of the lines?

Speaker 0

我的意思是,最高层面上,乔,我认为我们没意识到我们国家存在一个定义性的生存问题——我们的主要机构已被控制。

I mean, the highest level, Joe, you know, I think we don't realize that there's a defining existential issue in our country where our major institutions have been captured.

Speaker 0

我觉得,就像是有意识信号在试图警示我们这一点,比如你知道的,你请来揭露这些事的人,试图敲响警钟,而人们正涌向这个节目。

I think there's, like, pings of consciousness trying to alert us to this, like, you know, you having people on that are calling this stuff out, trying to ring the alarm bell and people flocking to this show.

Speaker 0

你知道的,来自军工复合体、医疗保健复合体的标志性阶层。

You know, Iconic class from the military industrial complex, from the health care industrial complex.

Speaker 0

我认为埃隆作为世界首富试图向我们兜售某些东西,这就像是在说:让我们把资源给那些揭露这些问题的人。

I think Elon being the richest person that the world's trying to sell us something, it's like, let's get resources to these people calling these things out.

Speaker 0

我觉得这就像唐纳德·特朗普。

I think it's like Donald Trump.

Speaker 0

比如,我一直在思考这个问题。

Like, I've been thinking about this a lot.

Speaker 0

为什么他是我们这一代人的标志性人物?

Why is he the defining figure of our lifetime?

Speaker 0

为什么选民们一次又一次地选择他,支持这场MAGA运动,让他成为我们这一代人的代表人物?

Like, why have voters again and again and again gone to him and said, you know, this MAGA movement, like, why are we, like, supporting this person, making him the defining person of our generation?

Speaker 0

他代表了什么?

What does he represent?

Speaker 0

他代表的是对体制中某些不对劲之处的一针见血。

He represents, like, putting finger on something that's just not quite right with institutions.

Speaker 0

我认为问题在于我们无法完全理解情况有多糟糕,以及有多少人参与其中。

And I think the problem is we can't quite wrap our hand head around how bad it is and how so many people are complicit.

Speaker 0

但现在所有这些迹象都摆在眼前。

But there's all these signs right now.

Speaker 0

我认为如果我们不意识到这一点——我们的机构已被控制——我们将会陷入困境。

And I think I think we're gonna be brought to our knees if we don't realize this, that our institutions have been captured.

Speaker 0

对我来说,医疗保健领域,凯西所谈论的,就是一个非常直观的例子,说明食物和我们孩子的健康方面出现了严重问题。

Like, to me, health care, what Casey talks about, it's it's a really visceral example of something just not right with what's happening to food, what's happening to our kids' health.

Speaker 0

我认为这种情况也正发生在军队或军工复合体身上。

And I think it's happening to the military too or the military industrial complex.

Speaker 0

我真的担心我们正濒临社会层面的崩溃——食物问题、健康危机、潜在的核战争威胁。

Like, I'm truly worried that we're on the verge of almost a societal level collapse with what's happening to our food, what's happening to our health, happening with the potential nuclear war.

Speaker 0

我认为已有人开始意识到这点,他们正试图奋力挣脱这种局面。

And I think we have people starting to realize this, and they're trying to, like, lunge out for it.

Speaker 0

但我们却被指责是在危言耸听。

But we're being told it's alarmist.

Speaker 0

我们被告知这都是阴谋论。

We're being told it's a conspiracy theory.

Speaker 0

对我来说,这就是我们在健康问题上得出的结论。

And and to me, that that's what we've kind of landed on this health issue.

Speaker 0

让我们回归事实本身——看看孩子们身上正在发生什么。

Let's just bring it down to the facts of what's happening to kids.

Speaker 0

让我们放下阴谋论,直面现实。

Let's bring it down to just like, let's forget the conspiracy theory.

Speaker 0

暂且不论在场各位的言论如何

What even anyone's saying in this room.

Speaker 0

看看我们的食物发生了什么变化,再看看孩子们遭遇了什么

Let's look what's happening to our food and look what's happening to kids.

Speaker 0

因为根据我们看到的统计数据,确实有某种非常阴暗的事情正在发生

Because by the stats we're seeing, there's something really dark happening.

Speaker 0

抛开任何阴谋论不谈,仅就统计数据而言,我国尤其是美国民众健康状况的变化趋势确实令人忧心

Like like, outside any conspiracy theory, just the statistics of what is happening to our health in this country and uniquely in America is dark.

Speaker 2

那么,凯西,能否请你同样分享一下你是如何走上这条道路的。

And so, Casey, if you could do do the same sort of to explain how you got on this path.

Speaker 2

你最初是从医学院开始的。

You you started off with medical school.

Speaker 2

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

而且

And

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

就像凯莉一样,你知道,我们在华盛顿特区长大。

So just like Callie, you know, we grew up in DC.

Speaker 1

我热爱生物学,上了斯坦福医学院,接着做了外科住院医师和头颈外科手术,一步步往上爬。

I was I loved biology, went to Stanford Medical School, went on to do surgical residency and head and neck surgery, climb the ladder.

Speaker 1

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 1

做每个优秀医学生和住院医师该做的事。

Do what every good medical student and resident is supposed to do.

Speaker 1

攀登学术阶梯,发表论文等等。

Climb the academic ranks, publish papers, etcetera.

Speaker 1

所以我埋头走在那条路上。

And so I was heads down in that journey.

Speaker 1

就像凯莉说的,就像我认为现在美国人民乃至全球正在发生的事情一样,我内心深处有个声音在低语,然后声音渐大,最终成为震耳欲聋的呼唤告诉我:有些事情不对劲。

And just like Kelly's saying, like with what I think is happening with the American people right now and really more globally, there was something inside of me that was whispering and then speaking a little louder and then finally was a deafening call to me that something is not right.

Speaker 1

我每周工作八小时。

I'm working eight hours a week.

Speaker 1

我每天要做两到五台手术。

I'm operating two, three, four, five surgeries a day.

Speaker 1

在某种程度上,我对此感觉良好。

In some ways I feel good about that.

Speaker 1

也许他们的鼻窦炎暂时稍微好转了一些。

Maybe their sinusitis is a little better for a little while.

Speaker 1

但本质上,当你稍微抬头看一眼时——医疗行业其实不希望你这样,你知道的,每个人都在拼命工作。

But fundamentally, when you pop up for just a second, which they don't want you to do in health care, you know, everyone's working their tails off.

Speaker 1

但当你稍微抬头环顾美国民众的健康状况、儿童健康、全生命周期的健康以及全球健康状况时,那简直是一场灾难。

But when you pop up for just a second and look around at what is happening to American health, children's health, health across the lifespan, as well as global health, it's a disaster.

Speaker 1

毫不夸张地说,这就是一场灾难。

It's literally a disaster.

Speaker 1

再次强调,有人会说这种观点危言耸听。

And again, this isn't people will say that's alarmist.

Speaker 1

但你知道,我试图理解为什么我对自己的工作感觉不对劲。

But I, you know, in trying to understand, like, why don't I feel right about my work?

Speaker 1

我开始以不同的方式审视数据,并开始关注健康趋势的变化。

I just started looking at the data in a different way, and I started to look at what's happening with health trends.

Speaker 1

如果你简单浏览一下正在发生的事情清单,简直令人难以置信。

And if you just kind of run through the list of what's happening, it's it's unbelievable.

Speaker 1

就像我们正在被摧毁,而且这是最近才发生的,还在加速恶化。

Like we are getting destroyed and it's very recent and it's accelerating.

Speaker 1

数据本身就能说明一切。

The stats speak for themselves.

Speaker 1

你非常清楚这一点。

You know, you know this very well.

Speaker 1

74%的美国人超重或肥胖。

Seventy four percent of Americans are overweight or obese.

Speaker 1

如今50%的美国成年人患有二型糖尿病或糖尿病前期。

Fifty percent now of American adults have type two diabetes or prediabetes.

Speaker 1

1950年时,美国仅有1%的人口患有二型糖尿病,这些疾病当时极为罕见。

These were diseases where there was one percent of Americans in 1950 had type two diabetes.

Speaker 1

而现在,50%的美国人患有糖尿病前期或二型糖尿病。

Now it's fifty percent of Americans have prediabetes or type two diabetes.

Speaker 1

阿尔茨海默症和痴呆症发病率正直线飙升。

Alzheimer's dementia are going through the roof.

Speaker 1

自2012年以来,年轻成人痴呆症病例增加了三倍。

Young adult dementias have increased like three times since 2012.

Speaker 1

我们观察到早发性痴呆现象,现在预计每两个美国人中就有一个人会在一生中患癌症。

So early onset dementias we're seeing, you know, this one in two Americans are expected to have cancer in their lifetime now.

Speaker 1

二分之一的比例。

One in two.

Speaker 1

过去十年间,年轻成人癌症发病率增加了79%。

And young adult cancers are going up seventy nine percent in the last ten years.

Speaker 1

当然,自闭症发病率也高得惊人。

We've got, of course, the autism rates are absolutely astronomical.

Speaker 1

如今在美国,每36个儿童中就有一个患有自闭症。

One in thirty six children has autism now in The United States.

Speaker 1

而在2000年,这个比例是每150个儿童中才有一例。

That was one in one hundred fifty in the year 2000.

Speaker 1

在我居住的加利福尼亚州,每22人中就有一人患有终身性神经发育障碍。

And in California, where I live, it's one in twenty two, one in twenty two with a lifetime neurodevelopmental disorder.

Speaker 1

不孕不育率正以每年1%的速度递增。

We've got infertility going up one percent every year.

Speaker 1

如今40岁男性中有25%存在勃起功能障碍。

Twenty five percent of men now 40 have erectile dysfunction.

Speaker 1

相当于全国四分之一的男性。

A quarter of the country.

Speaker 1

要知道,这本质上是一种代谢性疾病。

You know, this is fundamentally a metabolic disease.

Speaker 1

77%的美国年轻人因肥胖或药物滥用问题无法服兵役。

We've got seventy seven percent of young Americans can't serve in the military because of obesity or drug abuse.

Speaker 1

我们还有自身免疫性疾病的问题。

We've got we've got autoimmune diseases.

Speaker 1

一些研究称这类疾病每年增长13%。

Some studies are saying they're going up thirteen percent per year.

Speaker 1

这简直令人难以置信。

It's just really unbelievable.

Speaker 1

我还可以列举更多疾病案例。

And I could go through so many more diseases.

Speaker 1

当然还有心脏病——作为美国头号致死病因,每年导致约80万人死亡,而这种疾病几乎完全可以预防。

Of course, we've got heart disease, which is almost totally preventable as the leading cause of death in United States, killing around eight hundred thousand people per year.

Speaker 1

当我环顾四周时就在思考,这些不仅仅是统计数据。

And I think what as I kind of just looked around and again, these are just statistics.

Speaker 1

我开始尝试拼凑这些线索。

I started trying to put the pieces together.

Speaker 1

为什么会发生这种情况?

Why is this happening?

Speaker 1

为什么这些疾病会同时激增?

Why are these all going up all at once?

Speaker 1

这让我踏上了长达七八年的探索之旅,最终离开了外科领域,永远放下了手术刀。

And that led me on what is now a seven, eight year journey, ultimately leaving the surgical world, putting down my scalpel forever.

Speaker 1

因为我意识到,当你以寻找根本原因的视角审视科学,带着略微不同的角度重返PubMed时,问题不再是‘如何治疗已出现的疾病’,而是‘它们为何会发生’?

Because what I realized is that when you go to the science with a root cause perspective, you go back to PubMed with a slightly different perspective, not how do I treat these diseases once they emerge, but why are they happening?

Speaker 1

你会看到一个极其明显、不容忽视的答案——正因如此我们不得不为此写书——这一切都源于代谢功能障碍,这个我在医学院从未学过的术语。

You see a very obvious blaring answer, which is why we had to write a book about it, which is that it's all caused by metabolic dysfunction, a term that I never learned in medical school.

Speaker 1

我了解了代谢综合征及其构成的各种疾病。

I learned about metabolic syndrome and the different individual diseases that make it up.

Speaker 1

但这里存在一个问题。

But there is a problem.

Speaker 1

我们的饮食和所处的现代世界正在从根本上破坏我们的核心细胞生物学机制,这种破坏正在摧毁人体及细胞将食物能量转化为生命能量、细胞能量的基本方式。

There is a fundamental breaking of our core cellular biology that is caused by our diet and the world we're living in, the modern world we're living in today, that is crushing the very way that the human body and our human cells can transmit food energy to life energy, to cellular energy.

Speaker 1

因此,我们的身体本质上——我的意思是,由于代谢健康是我们体内产生能量的方式,而当前环境正协同破坏着我们的代谢健康,科学对此已非常明确——这基本上就像我们所有人活着的时候都处于半死亡状态。

And so our bodies are essentially I I mean, fundamentally, because metabolic health is how we make energy in the body, the way that our environment is now synergistic to you storing our metabolic health and the science is very clear about this, It's basically like all of us are a little bit dead while we're alive.

Speaker 1

这就是代谢功能障碍的本质。

That's what metabolic dysfunction is.

Speaker 1

它意味着体内能量不足。

It's less energy in the body.

Speaker 1

我们处于能量匮乏状态。

We're underpowered.

Speaker 1

这个事实非常令人沮丧。

And that's very dark.

Speaker 1

当你退一步思考时会发现,研究结论如此清晰,而我却从未知晓。

Like when you step back and say, Okay, this is clear from the research and I never learned it.

Speaker 1

我在斯坦福医学院时没学过这些。

I didn't learn it at Stanford Medical School.

Speaker 1

在外科住院医师培训期间也没学过。

I didn't learn in my surgical residency.

Speaker 1

但我们本可以解决这个问题。

And we could fix it.

Speaker 1

如果我们都能迅速行动起来,清醒过来,审视数据并拼凑线索,这个问题很快就能解决。

We could fix it really quickly if we all popped up and woke up and looked at the data and put pieces together.

Speaker 1

但当然,我们没有被训练去串联这些点。

But of course, we're not trained to connect dots.

Speaker 1

这不是我们在医学领域的职责。

That's not our job in medicine.

Speaker 1

我们被训练遵循算法并做出被动反应。

We are trained to follow algorithms and to be reactive.

Speaker 1

所以我认为,回到我们为何对此如此热忱的宏观视角——

And so I think, you know, just to sort of of back up to the bigger picture of why we're so passionate about this.

Speaker 1

我认为MAHA运动的存在原因、人们如此热衷你大量探讨这个话题的播客的原因在于,人们感觉到事情不对劲,也明白这个健康问题只是当今世界真实状况的冰山一角。

I think that the reason they're the MAHA movement, the reason that people are so passionate about your podcast that talks about this so much, People know that something's not right, and people know that this health issue is the tip of the iceberg of what's actually happening in our world today.

Speaker 1

它是一种映射。

It is a reflection.

Speaker 1

人类健康问题直接反映了我们地球生态系统的崩坏状况。

Our human health is simply a reflection of the destroyed ecosystem of our globe.

Speaker 1

事实上,我们已经忘记了自己与自然完全相连且相互依存,而这场健康危机不过是生态系统遭到破坏的反映。

The fact that we are we have forgotten that we're completely connected to nature and we're completely interdependent with nature, but that the health crisis is simply a reflection of a destroyed ecosystem.

Speaker 1

而人类在近几十年来变得如此强大,技术如此先进,联系如此紧密,以至于我们现在确实既有能力摧毁世界,也有能力摧毁我们的健康。

And humans have become so powerful and so technologically advanced and so connected in the recent decades that we now actually do have the power to both destroy the world and destroy our health.

Speaker 1

健康问题只是正在发生的、更具存在性意义的更大问题的冰山一角。

And the health is just the tip of the iceberg of a much bigger thing happening that is existential.

Speaker 1

我认为我们都希望孩子们健康。

And I think that's we all want kids to be healthy.

Speaker 1

我们都希望人类健康。

We all want humans to be healthy.

Speaker 1

但这同时也与所有系统和所有问题相互关联。

But this is also it's interconnected with all the systems and all the issues.

Speaker 1

我想人们很难完全说清楚这一点,但事实就是如此。

And that's I think it's hard for people to to totally articulate that, but that is what's happening.

Speaker 1

而我们现在实际上确实拥有选择权。

And we we actually we actually have a choice right now.

Speaker 1

我确实认为此刻正是我们需要做出决定的时刻。

And I do believe this is the moment that we need to decide.

Speaker 1

我们是否要解决这些相互依存的问题?

Are we going to address these interdependent issues?

Speaker 1

我们是否愿意付出努力,并有足够的勇气为此奋斗?

And are we going to make the effort and be courageous enough to fight for this?

Speaker 1

还是我们会任由他人告诉我们一切正常、无需担忧,而我们的健康和地球的健康正在被彻底摧毁?

Or are we going to let ourselves be told that there's nothing wrong, nothing to see here while our health and the health of the planet is just absolutely being destroyed.

Speaker 1

这就是我们的使命所在。

So that that's what our mission is.

Speaker 2

我认为其中最令人不安的是,在数据如此明显的情况下,发声的人却寥寥无几。

I think one of the most disturbing things about it is how few people are speaking out when the data is so obvious.

Speaker 2

而当你们以及像Brigham Bueller或Andrew Huberman这样专注于问题本质的人阐述这些时,所有数据都摆在眼前,但我们却只能在互联网上听到这些真相。

And then when you guys lay it out and when people like Brigham Bueller or Andrew Huberman, when any of these people that are, like, very focused on what the problems are, lay it out, the the data's all there, but yet we're not being told this anywhere other than the Internet.

Speaker 1

没错。

Right.

Speaker 2

只有那些不依赖高管和网络的独立节目,没有制药公司、食品公司或类似企业的广告。

It's only independent shows that don't rely on executives and networks where there's pharmaceutical drug companies advertising or food companies or any of these things.

Speaker 2

你根本听不到这些内容,我是说,除了福克斯新闻偶尔让你们上节目。

You you don't hear any of this stuff, I mean, other than Fox News has allowed you guys on a few times.

Speaker 2

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

没错。

That's right.

Speaker 0

他们是唯一这么做的。

They're the only ones.

Speaker 2

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

嗯,给他们点赞。

Well, kudos to them.

Speaker 2

确实。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

确实如此。

Absolutely.

Speaker 2

这是人类共同面临的问题,而人们竟然愿意收钱来避谈我们面临的最大难题之一。

It's it's a human issue, and the fact that people are willing to take money to not talk about one of the biggest problems that we have.

Speaker 2

我甚至不知道儿童痴呆症或青年痴呆症这回事。

I didn't even know about the childhood dementia thing or the young adult dementia thing.

Speaker 0

二型糖尿病过去在孩子身上几乎从未出现过,你知道的,在他们这个年龄段。

Type two diabetes used to be never seen, you know, among kids in their career.

Speaker 0

没错。

Right.

Speaker 0

我们过去称之为早发性糖尿病。

We used to be called early onset.

Speaker 0

现在他们不再用早发性这个说法了。

They don't call it early onset anymore.

Speaker 0

正如凯西所说,如今33%的年轻人患有糖尿病前期症状。

As Casey said, thirty three percent of young adults now have prediabetes.

Speaker 0

我是说,这种糖尿病前期并非孤立现象。

I mean, this prediabetes is not some isolated thing.

Speaker 0

它是这棵大树的一个分支。

It's the it's the branch of the tree.

Speaker 0

这是细胞层面的失调,而每一种疾病都在恶化。

It's cellular dysregulation, and every single disease is going down.

Speaker 0

阿尔茨海默症现在被称为三型糖尿病。

Alzheimer's is now called type three diabetes.

Speaker 0

如果你没有糖尿病前期或糖尿病,患阿尔茨海默症的几率就会大大降低。

If you don't have prediabetes or diabetes, you have a very diminished chance of having Alzheimer's.

Speaker 0

所以,这完全说得通。

And, you know, so so it makes total sense.

Speaker 0

但哈佛医学院专攻阿尔茨海默症的专家们,他们全部课程、整个培训体系的核心都在于接受阿尔茨海默症的存在与蔓延,然后寻求边际改善方案。

But somebody from Harvard Medical School that specialized in Alzheimer's, their entire course load, their entire training, their entire focus is on accepting Alzheimer's that it's there, that it's growing, and then figuring out marginal improvements for it.

Speaker 0

世界上受教育程度最高的人群中,确实有人连这些疾病的成因都不了解。

There's literally people that are the highest educated people in the world do not even understand what causes these diseases.

Speaker 0

他们只是接受这个事实,并研发针对这些病症的疗法,那些边际性的治疗方案。

They're just accepting that and and and making the the cures for them, the the the marginal treatments.

Speaker 1

我想补充一点,如果你退一步从整体来看,当前医疗行业最大的问题之一就是过于割裂。

And I would just say also, like, if you if you do step back and look at everything holistically, like, one of the biggest problems with the health care industry right now is that it's so siloed.

Speaker 1

我们有超过100个不同的内外科细分专业,而美国医疗当前的商业模式是以量取胜。

We have over a 100 different medical and surgical subspecialties, and the business model of American health care right now is volume.

Speaker 1

考核标准是你能接诊多少病人?

It's how many people can you see?

Speaker 1

这就是你获得报酬的依据。

And so that's what you get paid for.

Speaker 1

报酬与治疗效果无关。

You don't get paid for outcomes.

Speaker 1

报酬只与接诊量挂钩。

You get paid for volume.

Speaker 1

这种机制催生了一种医疗结构——让患者尽可能多地看专科医生才最有利可图。

And so that has incentivized a structure of health care where it's most profitable to actually be seen by as many specialists as humanly possible.

Speaker 1

这就是普通美国人正在面对的情况。

That's what the average American is dealing with.

Speaker 1

他们带着一堆问题去看初级保健医生,结果收到八到十个转诊单,然后一辈子就在这些不同的医疗机构之间来回转,实际上并没有感觉好转,反而感到失望。

They go to the primary care doctor with a list of issues and they get eight, ten referrals and they spend their life going through revolving doors of these different health care offices and not actually really feeling better and they feel disappointed.

Speaker 1

这就是为什么我认为人们会感到沮丧。

That's why I think people are frustrated.

Speaker 1

所以我们有这么多医生,他们被激励着只埋头于自己的专业领域,实际上却不愿站出来看看事物之间是如何相互关联的大局,而事实上这一切都是相互联系的。

So we've got all these doctors who are incentivized to really be head down in their specialty lane and not actually step out and look at the big picture of how things are connected when in fact it's all connected.

Speaker 1

我们不再看到整个身体了,我只是根据在医学院的实际经历告诉你这些。

We don't see the body anymore And I'm just telling you this from sheer experience of being in medical school.

Speaker 1

我们没有接受过将身体视为一个统一系统的训练。

We are not trained to see the body as a unified system.

Speaker 1

我们被训练成看到二三十个不同的部分。

Trained to see it as twenty, thirty different parts.

Speaker 1

所以既没人看到森林,也没人看到树木。

And so no one's seen the forest or the trees.

Speaker 1

但凯莉指出,看看正在发生什么。

But Kelly's saying, look at what's happening.

Speaker 1

你看看孩子们身上发生的事。

You look what's at happening with kids.

Speaker 1

我们面临多动症和自闭症激增的问题。

We've got ADHD through the roof, autism through the roof.

Speaker 1

这些都是神经发育方面的问题。

These are neurodevelopmental issues.

Speaker 1

再来看看中年阶段。

Then you look at midlife.

Speaker 1

女性和男性都感到抑郁。

Well, women and men are depressed.

Speaker 1

我们的精神疾病发病率极高。

We have huge rates of mental illness.

Speaker 0

25%的女性。

Twenty five percent of women.

Speaker 1

如今25%的女性在服用SSRI类药物。

Twenty five percent of women now are on SSRI.

Speaker 1

我是说,我们生活在人类历史上最富裕、最安全的国家,却有25%的人在服用SSRI类药物。

I mean, we're living in like the wealthiest, safest country in human history and twenty five percent of people are on SSRI.

Speaker 1

这太疯狂了。

That's insane.

Speaker 1

然后进入更年期、围绝经期这个年龄段,会出现所谓的脑雾现象。

Then you go into menopause, perimenopause, that age group, and it's sort of brain fog.

Speaker 1

接着我们看到阿尔茨海默症发病率不断攀升。

And then we have full blown Alzheimer's going up.

Speaker 1

所以我们看到这些神经发育问题和神经退行性问题贯穿了整个生命周期。

So we've got all these neurodevelopmental issues and neurodegenerative issues sort of across the lifespan.

Speaker 1

然后你再看看荷尔蒙方面的问题。

And, you know, then you look at kind of the hormonal side of things.

Speaker 1

现在的女孩进入青春期的时间比以往早得多。

We've got girls going through puberty much earlier than they ever were.

Speaker 1

你知道,地球上各大洲的情况。

You know, are the of continents on earth.

Speaker 1

我们现在的青春期开始时间是最早的。

We are the earliest puberty rates right now.

Speaker 1

自1900年以来,这个时间平均提前了六年。

That's gone down on an average six years since 1900.

Speaker 1

我们的青春期开始时间大大提前了。

Our puberty rates are way earlier.

Speaker 1

所以女孩们大约在10岁就达到性成熟。

So girls are reaching sexual maturity at like age 10.

Speaker 0

她们正在经历青春期。

They're getting puberty.

Speaker 1

到了中年时期,你会发现女性不孕症的比例高得惊人。

Then you've got in midlife, you look at women and infertility is through the roof.

Speaker 1

多囊卵巢综合征作为代谢性生育问题,影响着26%的女性。

We've got PCOS is affecting twenty six percent of women as the metabolic fertility issue.

Speaker 1

这是该国不孕不育的主要原因之一。

It's a leading cause of infertility in the country.

Speaker 1

再看看老年阶段,更年期症状对女性而言简直是场灾难。

Then we look at older age and like menopausal symptoms are a disaster for women.

Speaker 1

这就是为什么像《新更年期》这样的书能一度成为全国畅销书第一名——因为女性们太绝望了。

This is why a book like the New Menopause is like the number one book in the country for a while because women are desperate.

Speaker 1

如果你退后一步纵观所有这些现象,会发现神经性问题在人生各个阶段集中爆发,激素问题也在人生各个阶段集中爆发。

So if you step back and look at all these different things, we've got these neuro issues throughout the lifetime all exploding, these hormonal issues throughout the lifetime all exploding.

Speaker 1

这些问题无处不在,却没人停下来追问原因。

It's happening all over the place, but no one's stopping asking why?

Speaker 1

比如:为什么会这样?

Like, why is this happening?

Speaker 1

相反,我们把多动症归为一类。

Instead, we put ADHD in a bucket.

Speaker 1

把抑郁和焦虑归为另一类。

We put depression and anxiety bucket.

Speaker 1

我们把阿尔茨海默病也归入一个类别。

We put Alzheimer's in a bucket.

Speaker 1

所以这确实是个问题。

And so that's that's really the problem.

Speaker 1

而且我认为,当你思考这些现象时,会发现我们正在丧失生育能力,整个人生阶段都在失去理智。

And I think, you know, when you think about some of these things, it's like we're becoming infertile and we're losing our minds across the lifespan.

Speaker 1

这到底是怎么回事?

Like, what the hell is happening?

Speaker 1

这些疾病分类所代表的正是这种状况。

Like, that's what these diseases, these buckets of diseases represent.

Speaker 1

因此我认为,就像我们讨论过的,这只是冰山一角。

And I think that's why I think it's, you know, we talked about like it's a tip of the ice.

Speaker 1

健康问题本质上是地球环境问题的冰山一角。

Health is a tip of the iceberg of fundamentally like a planetary issue.

Speaker 1

但地球环境问题本身又是更深层问题的表象——我认为这实际上是个精神层面的危机。

But like the planetary issue is the tip of the iceberg of what I think is really, really going on here, which is like a spiritual issue.

Speaker 1

就像我们...我们在这个世界上已经不再为生命而战了。

Like we we we are like not fighting for life in this world anymore.

Speaker 1

我认为这更多是一个意识层面的问题。

And I think that's more of a consciousness issue.

Speaker 1

你知道,我们总在讨论为什么没人关注这件事?

You know, we talk about why is no one covering this?

Speaker 1

我觉得其实人们都看到了。

It's like, I think people see it.

Speaker 1

某种程度上,我们完全丧失了对生命奇迹性的敬畏。

I think in some way we have like totally lost a respect for like the miraculousness of life.

Speaker 1

这正是我们行为所反映的。

That's what our actions are reflecting.

Speaker 1

我们明明知道很多。

Like, we know a lot.

Speaker 1

我们拥有技术、资金和资源来解决所有这些问题——无论是地球还是健康问题——但我们却没有行动。

We have the technology, the money, and the resources to fix all of this, the planet and health, and we're not.

Speaker 1

因此我认为在意识层面上正在发生一些更阴暗的事情。

And that's why I think there's something darker happening on like the consciousness level.

Speaker 1

我认为如果我们继续陷于党派政治和纠缠于个别政策理念的争论中,我们将很难摆脱这种困境。

And I think we could get our way out of this if we like, I think it's going to be hard to get our way out of this if we stick to like partisan politics and quibbling about individual policy ideas.

Speaker 1

我认为必须从根本开始:我们是否致力于生命、敬畏之心、与本源连接,然后倾听并找到出路?

I think it has to start with like, are we committed to life and to awe and to connecting with source and then listening and moving our way out of here?

Speaker 1

还是说我们选择不这样做?

Or are we not?

Speaker 1

如果我们选择不这样做(我认为这正是我们当前的所作所为),虽然我看到巨大的光明面存在——这也是为什么大家都对此感兴趣。

And if we choose not, which is what I think we're doing, I mean, I think there's huge light happening because that's why everyone's interested in this.

Speaker 1

这就是为什么现在很多人关注这个议题。

That's why a lot of people are interested in this issue right now.

Speaker 1

但我确实认为我们正走向生存性灾难,因为我们现在已经强大到这种程度。

But like, we don't, like, I do think we're on the road to existential disaster because we're that powerful now.

Speaker 1

所以,我认为第一步是我们需要决定:今生要做出怎样的选择。

And so, you know, I think step one is us deciding like what choice do we want to make in this lifetime.

Speaker 1

我们是否愿意相信人类的存在本身就是一个奇迹?

Do we want to do we want to believe that humans are that life is a miracle?

Speaker 1

这个宇宙是个奇迹。

This universe is a miracle.

Speaker 1

我们的身体都是奇迹。

Our bodies are miracles.

Speaker 1

我们想要在这一生中与神建立连接。

And we want to connect with God in this lifetime.

Speaker 1

为此我们要建造并尊重这些与地球紧密相连的圣殿。

We want to build and respect these temples that are interconnected with the earth to do that.

Speaker 1

还是我们选择不这么做?

Or do we not?

Speaker 1

这就是我们当下必须做出的选择。

And like, that's the choice we have right now.

Speaker 1

我认为我们必须非常严肃地对待这个选择。

And I think we have to take that very seriously.

Speaker 1

我认为当前很多政治事件,MAHA,都反映了人们渴望找到为生命奋斗的方式却不知如何着手。

And I think a lot of the political that's happening, MAHA, it's all just a reflection of people wanting to find a way to fight for life and not knowing how.

Speaker 1

但但从最宏观的层面看,我觉得这大概就是正在发生的事情。

But but on the biggest level, like, that's what I think is kinda happening here.

Speaker 2

人们希望生命能比这种持续疲惫的状态更有意义。是的。

And wanting life to make more sense than than than just this constant state of fatigue and Yeah.

Speaker 2

不断与各种疾病抗争。

Constantly dealing with diseases.

Speaker 2

我想具体讨论你提到的几个问题,比如为什么女孩初潮年龄越来越早?

I wanna talk about a couple specific things you said and questions like, why are girls going through periods so much earlier?

Speaker 1

如果你问《纽约时报》,他们会写个标题说'女孩青春期来得越来越早,但没人知道原因'。

Well, if you ask the New York Times, they'll write a headline that says, girls are going through puberty way way eat earlier, and no one has has any idea why.

Speaker 1

当然,这是因为没有双盲安慰剂对照、同行评议的随机对照试验能确切指出单一原因。

And, of course, that's because there's not a double blind, placebo controlled, peer reviewed, you know, RCT in a journal that can exactly pinpoint the one reason why it's happening.

Speaker 1

但如果我们把这些线索串联起来——虽然这么说肯定会被指责缺乏证据——当下环境正在发生什么变化?

But again, if we put the dots together, which of course I'm going to be called like not evidence based for saying that, what's happening in our environment right now?

Speaker 1

那么导致青春期提前的是雌激素过量,对吧?

So what drives early puberty is excess estrogens, right?

Speaker 1

我们就像是在用雌激素来,你知道的,触发整个青春期发育过程。

We're like we're pushing estrogens to basically, you know, spark that whole process of puberty.

Speaker 1

看看我们的世界吧。

Well, look at our world.

Speaker 1

这些雌激素从何而来?

Where are these?

Speaker 1

我们体内会有额外的雌激素吗?

Would we be having extra estrogens?

Speaker 1

让我们看看环境中的塑料制品。

Well, let's look at our environment, the plastics.

Speaker 1

如你所知,塑料制品无处不在。

So we've got plastics, as you know, everywhere.

Speaker 1

我很喜欢你之前和布里格姆讨论这个时提到的金属杯,我觉得这个想法很棒。

I love you were talking about this, I think, with Brigham, like you got the the metal cups and I love it.

Speaker 1

但自1907年塑料商业化以来,地球上已生产了约80亿公吨的塑料。

But like there have been 8,000,000,000 metric tons of plastic produced on planet Earth since about nineteen o seven when plastic was commercialized.

Speaker 1

塑料的有趣之处在于,当它分解时,会像异雌激素一样作用——这种外源性雌激素分子能直接与我们的雌激素受体结合,发挥类似雌激素的效果。

And the interesting thing about plastic is that when it breaks down, it acts like a xenoestrogen, an exogenous estrogen molecule that can literally bind to our estrogen receptors and act like estrogens.

Speaker 1

现在我们知道了这一点——塑料简直无处不在。

So now we've got know this, like we've got plastic effing everywhere.

Speaker 1

我们呼吸的空气中都有它的纳米颗粒。

It's literally in the air we're breathing, the nanoparticles.

Speaker 1

它存在于我们的食物中。

It's in our food.

Speaker 1

它存在于我们的水中。

It's in our water.

Speaker 1

它存在于一切事物中。

It's in everything.

Speaker 1

如今我们在每个人体器官中都发现了塑料,所以这当然会影响我们的身体和年轻女孩们的身体。

And we've now found plastics in every human organ, so of course that's affecting our bodies and our young girls' bodies.

Speaker 1

它甚至在子宫内就开始影响我们的身体。

It's actually affecting our bodies in utero.

Speaker 1

最近一项研究表明,所有被解剖的胎盘中都含有微塑料。

There was a recent study that was done that showed one hundred percent of placentas that were dissected had microplastics in them.

Speaker 1

这是第一点。

So that's one.

Speaker 1

第二,看看农药的情况。

Number two, look at the pesticides.

Speaker 1

有些农药的分子作用就是增加芳香化酶——这种能将睾酮转化为雌激素的酶。

So there are pesticides actually where their molecular activity is to increase aromatase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen.

Speaker 1

比如莠去津,在欧洲被禁用,但美国每年喷洒7000万磅,它会增加芳香化酶,从而将睾酮转化为雌激素。

So atrazine, which is banned in Europe, but we spray 70,000,000 pounds of it per year in The US increases aromatase, which converts testosterone to estrogen.

Speaker 1

在海外是非法的。

Illegal overseas.

Speaker 1

而我们却从其他国家购买。

And it is we buy it from other countries.

Speaker 1

因此中国、德国等国家向我们出售一种化学物质,每年有7000万磅喷洒在我们的食物上,这种物质无色无味,却能促进芳香化酶活性,将睾酮转化为雌激素。

So China and Germany and other countries are selling us a chemical of which 70,000,000 pounds are spread on our food, invisible and tasteless, which upregulates aromatase and converts testosterone to estrogen.

Speaker 1

这是第二点。

So that's number two.

Speaker 1

再来看看我们体内的脂肪。

And then you look at just the fat that we have on our bodies.

Speaker 1

脂肪——尤其是内脏脂肪,即腰腹周围代谢活跃的脂肪组织——本身就是个代谢活跃的器官,会将睾酮转化为雌激素。

So fat and especially visceral fat, the metabolically active fat around our midline, that is a metabolically active organ that actually converts testosterone to estrogen.

Speaker 1

我们正生活在人为创造的、充满雌激素的极端环境中,而这一切都无形无迹。

So we are living in this wildly estrogenic environment that is created by humans and it's all invisible.

Speaker 1

再说回来,我们甚至不知道该怎样设计研究来证明这一点,对吧?

And, you know, again, it's like, how would we even do the study, right, to show that?

Speaker 1

但如果你把这些线索串联起来,答案就非常清晰了。

And yet if you put the pieces together, it's very clear.

Speaker 1

现在说说晚年阶段——关于雌激素,美国有大量女性正在服用避孕药。

Now, go into later life and talking about estrogens, We've got a huge percentage of American women on birth control pills.

Speaker 1

当然,这应该是在青春期之后的事了。

That's, of course, post hopefully post puberty.

Speaker 1

但我们让女性服用外源性雌激素治疗痤疮、多囊卵巢综合症、月经不调,当然有时也用于避孕。

But we're putting women on exogenous estrogens for acne, for PCOS, for menstrual irregularity, sometimes, of course, for actual birth control.

Speaker 1

但现在这种情况在环境中已经非常普遍了。

But it's like it's very ubiquitous now in the environment.

Speaker 1

当你了解这些情况时,你会想:我们怎么能允许这种事情发生?

And it's like when you kind of know this stuff, you're like, how are we allowing this to happen?

Speaker 1

当然,这也正在影响男孩们。

And then, of course, it's affecting boys, too.

Speaker 1

没错。

Right.

Speaker 1

你知道,我就在想我们生活的这个世界充满了雌激素。

You know, and so I kind of just think about this world we're living in where it's tons of estrogens.

Speaker 1

这里可没有大量外源性睾酮存在,对吧?

It's not like there's a bunch of exogenous testosterone, right?

展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
Speaker 1

塑料制品并不会同样刺激睾酮分泌。

It's not like the plastics are also stimulating testosterone.

Speaker 1

所以环境中充斥着这些雌激素。

So you've got these estrogens.

Speaker 1

然后我们又被糖分包围,甚至孩子们的校园午餐里也满是糖。

Then we're barreled with sugar and it's literally like it's in our kids school lunches.

Speaker 1

糖无处不在。

There's sugar everywhere.

Speaker 1

糖分促使儿童内脏脂肪堆积,将雌激素转化为睾酮。

Sugar is driving the visceral fat in kids, is turning estrogen to testosterone.

Speaker 1

我们仿佛生活在一个使人女性化的世界里,这会导致女孩青春期提前。

So it's like we live in a world that's basically feminizing us, which for women that's going to make puberty early.

Speaker 1

对男性而言,则会使其女性化。

For men, it's going to feminize them, you know.

Speaker 1

此外,整个食品体系也在促使内脏脂肪堆积,让我们体内雌激素更为富集。

And then we also have an entire food system that's driving visceral fat to make us more estrogen sort of rich.

Speaker 1

这会造成什么影响?

And what is this doing?

Speaker 1

我认为这在很多方面正在削弱美国的活力,对吧?

I think in a lot of ways, it's depleting American vigor, right?

Speaker 1

就像我们生活在这种难以摆脱的雌激素环境中。

Like we're living in this estrogen stew that's hard to get away from.

Speaker 0

我认为我的经验与此相关,从根本上说,之所以发生这种情况,是因为这些研究都是由化工公司和食品公司资助的。

This is where I think my experience ties is that on the foundational level why this is happening, it's because these studies are all funded by the chemical companies, by the food companies.

Speaker 0

我们几乎被专家误导了,在慢性病和营养问题上,我们放弃了常识判断。

Like like, we've almost been, I think, misled by the experts when it comes to chronic conditions and when it comes to nutrition to take leaves of our common sense.

Speaker 0

难道我们需要等待一项双盲安慰剂对照的人类随机对照研究,才能知道我们大脑中有0.5%是塑料成分是否对当下有利吗?

Like, do we need to wait for a double blind placebo controlled human randomized controlled study to know whether point 5% of our brains being plastic is a good thing right now.

Speaker 1

最新数据显示。

It's the recent data showing.

Speaker 0

难道我们需要进行一项为期十年的人类随机对照研究,才能确定像草甘膦这种喷洒在我们几乎所有食物和儿童食物上的除草剂——喷洒时需要穿着防护服,并且会杀死所有内部生物——是否有害吗?

Do we need to have a human randomized control ten year study to know whether an herbicide like glyphosate that's being sprayed on almost all of our food and our children's food that people have to wear hazmat suits to spray and kills every single organism inside?

Speaker 0

我们是否需要等待一项研究?

Do we need to wait for a study?

Speaker 0

就像医疗系统被割裂一样,我们也割裂了这些问题,完全抛弃了常识。

Like like, we've been we've we've just as the medical system is siloed, we've siloed all these questions and just taken leave of our common sense.

Speaker 0

野生动物,比如野外的狼群,并不会普遍患上肥胖症、糖尿病或代谢功能障碍。

Like animals in the wild, wolves in the wild are not getting, like, chronic rates of obesity, diabetes, metabolic dysfunction.

Speaker 0

我们天生就具备辨别有益事物的本能——知道阳光有益,牛排有益,西兰花有益。

Like, we're born with an innate sense of of knowing what's good for us, of knowing that the sun is good, of knowing that, you know, steak is good, that broccoli is good.

Speaker 0

这些食物我们不可能过量食用。

We can't overeat those things.

Speaker 0

问题在于我们被哈佛、斯坦福和塔夫茨营养学院的教授们欺骗了,根据我的观察,这些机构本质上就是食品行业和制药行业的公关部门,它们把这一切当作既定事实全盘接受。

The problem is we've been lied to by the professors at Harvard, at Stanford, at Tufts Nutrition School that I believe are essentially, from my experience, PR for the food industry and the pharmaceutical industry that accepts all these things as a given.

Speaker 0

塔夫茨营养学院80%的预算来自食品公司。

I mean, Tufts Nutrition School, 80% of their budget is from food companies.

Speaker 0

据我们估算,斯坦福医学院50%的预算直接或间接与制药业有关。

You know, by our estimate, 50% of Stanford Medical School's budget comes somehow touches pharma.

Speaker 0

从根本上说,在基层、微观层面上,这些行业已经侵蚀了我们信任的机构,并引导我们走向歧途。

So just fundamentally, like, on the on the grassroots, like, micro level, these industries have co opted our institution of trust and led us to be.

Speaker 0

你问为什么只有我们在发声?

And you ask why we're the only people speaking out?

Speaker 0

因为我们已经让循证医学真正接受了所有这些疾病不断滋生蔓延的事实。

Because because we've made it that evidence based medicine really accepts all this disease growing and happening.

Speaker 0

而目前95%的医疗支出都用于疾病发生后的治疗。

And 95% of medical spending right now is on disease once it's happened.

Speaker 0

这些支出用于管理病症。

It's on managing conditions.

Speaker 0

在我们社会中,没有比美国国立卫生研究院、食品药品监督管理局、哈佛医学院、斯坦福医学院更受信任的机构了。

And there's no higher levels of trust in our society than the NIH, than the FDA, than Harvard Med School, than Stanford Med School.

Speaker 0

所以所有这些机构都在强化这种模式。

So all of them are enforcing this.

Speaker 0

而真正耐人寻味的是他们关注的重点所在。

And then it's really just interesting where their emphasis is.

Speaker 0

比如,我前几天刚读到加州医疗委员会正在检查医生的执照,如果医生开具五份疫苗豁免说明,就会对他们进行审查。

Like, I was just reading the other day that California, the medical board, is checking the licenses of doctors, putting them under review if they write five vaccine exception notes.

Speaker 0

如果你在疫苗问题上偏离正统观点,几乎就会面临吊销执照的风险。

You literally are, like, on the verge of losing your license if you even go outside the orthodoxy on vaccines.

Speaker 0

但这种程度的重视体现在哪里?

But where is that level of emphasis?

Speaker 0

这种程度的关注体现在哪里?

Where is that level of focus?

Speaker 0

在儿童代谢健康和儿童营养方面,这种严格程度又在哪里?

Where is that level of rigor around metabolic health for kids, around nutrition for kids?

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

我认为儿童感染小儿麻痹症确实是大事,但现在有50%的青少年超重或肥胖。

I think it is a big deal, like, of kids getting polio, but, fifty percent of teens are obese or overweight right now.

Speaker 0

比如,我们的糖尿病前期发病率正在飙升。

Like, we have prediabetes skyrocketing.

Speaker 0

医疗系统确实知道如何集中精力处理某些问题。

Like, the medical system knows how to focus on something.

Speaker 0

他们知道如何告诉国会,为了某些事可以不惜一切代价。

They know how to tell congress that there's no cost too high for something.

Speaker 0

当涉及药物干预时,我们正在用让国家破产的方式治疗已患病的人群。

Like, when it comes to pharmaceutical interventions, we're bankrupt the country with interventions once people get sick.

Speaker 0

我真心认为——这也引出了解决方案——其实这是个关于人们觉醒的乐观故事,为什么我们现在处于生死存亡的紧要关头。

Like like, I truly believe, and this gets to, like, the solutions and how I actually think this is an optimistic story of people waking up, why it's an existential kind of knife's edge we're on right now.

Speaker 0

我们可以迅速改变现状。

We can change this really quick.

Speaker 0

非常迅速。

It the quick.

Speaker 0

问题在于那些从我们的恐惧中获利的利益集团——这本质上是个经济事实陈述——他们从我们的疾病中获利,从我们的抑郁中获利,从我们的不孕不育中获利。他们篡夺了我们信任的机构,篡改了临床指南。

The issue is that interest that profit from us being in fear that just fundamentally is a statement of economic fact, profit from us being sick, profit from us being depressed, profit from us being infertile, They have co opted our institutions of trust, and they've co opted the clinical guidelines.

Speaker 0

说真的,当我还是个初级员工时,曾协助可口可乐向美国糖尿病协会输送资金。

Like, literally, when I was a junior employee, I helped Coke funnel money to the American Diabetes Association.

Speaker 0

好吗?

Okay?

Speaker 0

美国糖尿病协会声称糖尿病患者无需担心糖分摄入。

The American Diabetes Association says that if you have diabetes, you don't need to worry about your sugar intake.

Speaker 0

他们说这与饮食无关。

They say it's not tied to food.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

美国儿科学会目前建议,若您的孩子12岁且体重超标,无论是轻微还是明显超重,都不应等待饮食干预。

The American Academy of Pediatrics right now is saying that if your child is overweight, slightly overweight, overweight, 12 years old, dietary infringits don't wait.

Speaker 0

它明确指出不要观望饮食干预是否有效,直接使用Ozempic。

It says do not wait to see if dietary infringits work Ozempic.

Speaker 0

该药物目前正针对六岁儿童进行试验。

It's now being studied on six years old.

Speaker 0

美国精神病学协会。

The American Psychiatry Association.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

精神病学标准指出,如果你的孩子有点抑郁,应立即使用SSRI类药物进行干预。

The psychiatrist that the standard of care, if your child is a little sad, SSRI, immediate intervention.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

过去五年里,高中生使用SSRI类药物的比例翻了一番。

SSRI rates have doubled among high schoolers in the past five years.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

如果你的孩子有点多动,这就是标准治疗方案。

If your child's a little fidgety, the standard of care.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

他们不问孩子是否缺乏日照,不问是否久坐不动,不问是否被强迫食用超加工食品——这些足以让任何生物发狂,而我们却让孩子承受着这些。

It's not asking whether they're in the sunlight, not asking if they're too sedentary, not asking if they're being forced fed ultra processed food, which would make any animal crazy if we subject them to what kids are subjected to.

Speaker 0

对此没有讨论的余地。

No discussion with that.

Speaker 0

这根本不在临床指南里。

It's just not in the clinical guidelines.

Speaker 0

所以像凯西这样优秀的医生进入医疗体系——我们就像吸引聪明人的磁铁。

So these doctors, these good people like Casey, go into the medical system where I we're we're this magnet for smart people.

Speaker 0

我们以正确的理由吸引他们加入。

We get them in for the right reasons.

Speaker 0

赚钱有更轻松的方式。

There's easier ways to make money.

Speaker 0

但他们进来后,就被单一技能束缚住了。

But they come in, and they get saddled with one skill.

Speaker 0

他们背负着巨额债务,然后意识到这是个被操纵的体系。

They get saddled with a bunch of debt, and then they're realizing this is a rigged system.

Speaker 0

极少数人——不幸的是——像凯西这样有勇气选择退出。

Some people, few people, unfortunately, had the courage like Casey to drop out.

Speaker 0

我当时觉得她是个白痴。

I thought she was an idiot.

Speaker 0

我当时就想,你在干什么呢?

I was like, what are you doing?

Speaker 0

你知道的,我们当时有点被洗脑了,觉得就该走传统路线。

I was you know, we were kind of brainwashed to do the traditional system.

Speaker 0

我简直不敢相信。

I couldn't believe it.

Speaker 0

我们有一年都没联系。

We didn't talk for a year.

Speaker 0

但人们很难理解你可以放弃这一切,因为社会给人们贴上了这些资历标签。

But it just is hard for people to understand that you can walk away from this because our society stamps these credentials on people.

Speaker 0

比如,还有什么比当斯坦福医学院院长更好的呢?

Like, what's better than being the dean of Stanford med school?

Speaker 0

现任斯坦福医学院院长和凯西是同一个专业,都是做头颈外科的。

The dean of Stanford med school right now was Casey's same specialty, head and neck surgery.

Speaker 0

在医学领域晋升的方式就是专精,你专注于面部那几英寸的区域。

And the way you rise up in medicine as you do specialty, you focus on, you know, a couple inches of the face.

Speaker 0

然后他又在更狭窄的身体部位进行专科进修。

And then he focused on a fellowship on an even narrower part of the body.

Speaker 0

这就是你晋升的路径。

Like, that's how you rise up.

Speaker 0

你把情况都分割开了。

You've siloed the situation.

Speaker 0

任何未被分割的领域都被认为不科学,被视为古怪离奇。

Anything that's not siloed is considered not scientific, is considered wack wacky.

Speaker 0

他们称我们为...那个...‘玄学派’,就因为我们谈论这些营养学。

We they've called us the, what, what, the woo woo caucus, talking about these nutrition.

Speaker 0

医疗体系强化了这种割裂的视角——糖尿病、心脏病、抑郁症、肾病、癌症,它们全被看作独立的问题。

The medical system enforces this siloed view where diabetes, heart disease, depression, kidney disease, cancer, they're all separate things.

Speaker 0

如果你患有这些病症,你要看五位互不沟通的专科医生。

If you have those conditions, you're seeing five separate doctors not they're not speaking to each other.

Speaker 0

这非常有利可图,也非常成问题。

That's very profitable, very problematic.

Speaker 0

所以解决方案真正在于改变临床指南——如何评估疾病及如何进行干预——使其遵循科学依据,即这些都是代谢性疾病。

So the solution is is is truly just having the clinical guidelines of how diseases are assessed and how they're intervened changed to following the science, which is these are metabolic conditions.

Speaker 0

美国90%的医疗预算都用于管理可预防和可逆转的生活方式疾病。

90% of The US medical budget is tied to managing preventable and reversible lifestyle conditions.

Speaker 0

如果我们让享受医疗补助的人,不是给他们开他汀类药物、注射奥兹匹克或SSRIs——要知道低收入人群正因医疗补助而破产,1.3万亿美元啊。

If we had people on Medicaid, instead of jamming with the statins, jamming them with Ozempic, jamming them with SSRIs, you know, lower income people were going bankrupt from Medicaid, $1,300,000,000,000.

Speaker 0

这个数字还在增长。

It's growing.

Speaker 0

它在预算中的占比甚至超过了国防预算。

It's bigger part of the budget than defense budget.

Speaker 0

如果我们真的思考如何用这笔钱来促进繁荣、激励运动、鼓励这些人选择更健康的食物,我们的国家将焕然一新。

If we literally just ask how do we have that money to spur thriving, to incentivize exercise, to incentivize healthier food for these folks, we'd be a transformed country.

Speaker 0

道理就这么简单,但这需要道德勇气。

It's it's literally that simple, but it it takes that moral courage.

Speaker 0

这需要美国人真正站出来说,不。

It takes Americans actually saying, no.

Speaker 0

我要反对美国国立卫生研究院。

I am gonna go against the NIH.

Speaker 0

我要提出质疑。

I am gonna ask questions.

Speaker 0

但我们当然遭遇了激烈抵制,记得吗,大概是什么时候?

But we of course, we have violent just reading, you know, back would what?

Speaker 0

是2022年吗?

Was it 2022?

Speaker 0

当时美国所有公共卫生官员都把你当作头号敌人,就因为你谈论阳光、食物和健康饮食。

Like, every single public health official in America said you were, like, the enemy number one for talking about sunlight and talking about food and talking about healthy eating.

Speaker 0

新冠是一种代谢性疾病。

COVID was a metabolic condition.

Speaker 0

新冠是一种食源性疾病。

COVID was a foodborne illness.

Speaker 0

就是说,如果你的代谢健康,你基本上不会死于新冠,这一点相当明显。

Like, if you were metabolically healthy, you did not die of COVID, like pretty demonstrably.

Speaker 0

而你曾是头号威胁。

And you were threat number one.

Speaker 1

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

请继续。

Go ahead.

Speaker 1

嗯。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

对。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

不。

No.

Speaker 1

我觉得卡莉提到的这点也很关键,我认为这也是为什么——幸好现在有很多医生站出来发声,我对这些医生以及其他医疗人员——包括执业护士、骨科医生、脊椎治疗师、护理师等——充满感激,他们勇敢发声却因此遭受很多非议。

I think I think that Callie's getting into something also that I I think is part of reason that why I mean, there are a lot of fortunately, are a lot of doctors speaking out right now, and I have so much, like, gratitude for all the other, not only doctors, but, like, NPs, DOs, chiropractors, nurse practitioners, these amazing people who are speaking up and getting a lot of shit for it.

Speaker 1

但这非常具有部落性。

But this is very tribal.

Speaker 1

我认为当你思考这个问题时很困难,这是一种不打破公约、不违背规范的本能。

I think that when you think about and it's hard, this is a primal instinct to not break out of the pact and to not go against what the norm is.

Speaker 1

所以在很多方面,我们当前面临的问题将归结于:我们是否有足够的勇气推动人类文明回归正轨。

So I think in a lot of ways what we're dealing with here is going to come down to how courageous are we willing to be to move humanity back.

Speaker 1

而这里的人类文明,很大程度上也包含地球的健康,因为它们是相互关联的。

And by humanity, very much also the Earth's health because they're interconnected.

Speaker 1

它们本就是一体同源的。

They're one and the same.

Speaker 1

我们是否有勇气为此挺身而出?

How courageous are we going to be to stand up for that?

Speaker 1

还是眼睁睁看着一切从指缝中溜走?

Or are we going to let things slip through our fingers?

Speaker 1

说到部落性——我在医学院时有个惊人发现:斯坦福大学曾在我就读期间获得辉瑞300万美元的课程改革资助。

And I think the tribe, when I was in medical school, it's amazing because of the interest and the fact that, you know, Stanford got a $3,000,000 grant from Pfizer while I was there to revamp the curriculum.

Speaker 1

而制定临床指南的美国糖尿病协会正从可口可乐和吉百利公司获得数百万美元的资金。

And the fact that the American Diabetes Association that makes clinical guidelines is getting millions of dollars from Coke and Cadbury.

Speaker 1

美国糖尿病协会还从美赞臣(生产配方奶粉)、雅培营养(生产配方奶粉)以及生产流感疫苗的疫苗公司那里获得数百万美元。

And the American Diabetes Association is getting millions of dollars from Mead Johnson that makes formula and Abbott Nutrition that makes formula and vaccine companies that make flu vaccines.

Speaker 1

比如资金问题——美国国立卫生研究院刚刚报告了8000起与食品和制药行业存在重大利益冲突的案例。

Like the fact that the money I mean, 8,000 major conflicts of interest were just reported at the NIH with food and pharma.

Speaker 1

因此在每个层面,医疗指南一旦偏离,医生就面临诉讼风险。而我们所尊敬的美国国立卫生研究院,也充斥着大量利益冲突,医学院校也在接受这些资金。

So at every level, medical guidelines that if you step out of, you are at risk for litigation as a doctor and the NIH, you know, oh, like, you know, this thing that we all respect, tons of conflicts of interest and the medical schools accepting money.

Speaker 1

作为实习生,你加入的这个群体只能听到一种声音。

The tribe that then you become a part of as a trainee is a tribe that only hears one thing.

Speaker 1

所以我对医生们怀有深切同情,因为我确实经历过医学院教育,却没能学到那些后来不得不自学的知识——那些真正帮助我和他人建立基础细胞健康、获得真正健康的知识。

And so I have a lot of compassion for doctors because I was I did go through medical school and not learn any of the things that I had to learn after to actually figure out how to help myself and others truly generate foundational cellular health to be healthy.

Speaker 1

回顾我自医学院毕业后不得不学习的内容,

Like, I just look back at what I've had to learn since medical school.

Speaker 1

你知道,我主要学习了器官特异性生理学、药理学,然后在住院医师期间学会了做手术。

You know, I learned about basically organ specific physiology, pharmacology, and then in residency, I learned how to do surgery.

Speaker 1

当然,在整个过程中还学会了如何开账单。

And then, of course, throughout the whole thing, learned how to bill.

Speaker 1

但这些终究不是真正奠定细胞健康基础的工具。

Is ultimately those are not the tools that actually generate foundational cellular health.

Speaker 1

要知道,美国80%的医学院不要求修读任何营养学课程,一分钟都不需要。

You know, 80% of medical schools in The United States don't require a single nutrition course, not one minute of nutrition.

Speaker 1

然而我们90%的医疗支出都与疾病有关。

And yet 90% of our health care costs are tied to diseases.

Speaker 1

正在折磨美国人生活的种种问题都与食品和医生息息相关。

The things that are torturing American lives are tied to food and doctors.

Speaker 1

这不在我们的工具箱里。

It's not a hammer in our toolbox.

Speaker 1

我没有学过。

I didn't learn.

Speaker 1

我在斯坦福医学院时不知道,美国农业部膳食指南委员会95%的成员都与食品行业存在利益冲突。

You know, I didn't learn at Stanford Medical School that 95% of the people on the USDA Food Guidelines for America Committee had a conflict of interest with the food industry.

Speaker 1

我没学到美国国立卫生研究院存在8000项利益冲突。

I didn't learn that there were 8,000 conflicts of interest at the NIH.

Speaker 1

我没学到地球上有80亿吨塑料正在降解成雌激素类似物。

I didn't learn that there are 8,000,000,000 tons of plastic on planet Earth that are degrading into estrogen analogs.

Speaker 1

我没学到全球食品供应每年要喷洒60亿磅农药——主要来自中国和德国——这些农药与阿尔茨海默症、痴呆症、癌症、肥胖症、线粒体功能障碍、不孕症、多动症和肝功能紊乱存在强烈关联。

I did not learn that there's 6,000,000,000 pounds of pesticides sprayed on our global food supply every single year, most from China and Germany, and that these are literally tied very strongly to Alzheimer's, dementia, cancer, obesity, mitochondrial dysfunction, infertility, ADHD, liver dysfunction.

Speaker 1

我没学到每天只需走7000步就能将肥胖、二型糖尿病、阿尔茨海默症、痴呆甚至胃酸反流风险降低40%到60%。

I didn't learn that, you know, simply taking 7,000 steps per day can slash your risk of obesity, type two diabetes, Alzheimer's, dementia, even gastric reflux by forty to sixty percent.

Speaker 1

而美国人平均每天只走3500步。

And the average American is walking 3,500 steps per day.

Speaker 1

说真的,我们整个国家都缺乏运动。

Like, we're literally just not moving as a country.

Speaker 1

只要每天走7000步——大约45分钟——就能显著降低所有主要慢性病的风险。

And if you just walk a little bit 7,000 steps, which takes like forty five minutes, you slash your risk of every major chronic disease.

Speaker 1

我没学到人体需要阳光照射,因为昼夜节律生物学主导着我们的细胞健康。

I didn't learn that we need to be getting sunlight because circadian biology dictates our cellular health.

Speaker 1

我们作为昼行性动物,其生物过程在白天和夜晚各有不同。

Like we are diurnal animals that have biologic processes that happen during the day and other biologic processes that happen at night.

Speaker 1

而身体判断昼夜的方式,是通过光子是否照射到视网膜和皮肤细胞。

And the way your body knows whether it's day or night is if you get photons hitting your retina and your skin cells.

Speaker 1

这对人类健康而言非常基础且至关重要。

Pretty basic, pretty foundational for human health.

Speaker 1

这些我都没学过。

Didn't learn anything about it.

Speaker 1

没学过任何关于阳光的知识。

Didn't learn anything about sunlight.

Speaker 1

没学过任何关于光子的知识。

Didn't learn anything about photons.

Speaker 1

没学过任何关于睡眠的知识。

Didn't learn anything about sleep.

Speaker 1

要知道,我们现在的平均睡眠时间比100年前少了20%。

You know, we're sleeping 20% less on average than we were 100 ago.

Speaker 1

睡眠是一个巨大的风险因素。

And sleep is a huge risk factor.

Speaker 1

在实验环境下,你可以让一个年轻健康的人连续五晚睡眠不足,他们就会变成糖尿病前期。

You can in an experimental setting, take a young, healthy person and subject them to sleep deprivation for five nights and they become prediabetic.

Speaker 1

而50%的美国人都处于糖尿病前期或患有二型糖尿病,我们的睡眠质量却很差。

Well, fifty percent of Americans are prediabetic and type two diabetic and we're not sleeping well.

Speaker 1

而我关于睡眠的知识一分钟都没学过。

And I didn't learn not one minute on sleep.

Speaker 1

所有这些事情,还有更多。

So all the things and so many more.

Speaker 1

当然,关于营养学的内容一点也没有。

And of course, nothing about nutrition.

Speaker 1

你知道,马蒂·马卡里谈到过这个,比如,我确实没学到医疗失误和用药错误是美国第三大死因。

You know, and Marty Makary talks about this, like, I certainly didn't learn that medical error and medication is the third leading cause of death in The United States.

Speaker 1

我学到的是病人来了,我需要给他们贴上诊断标签并开药。

I learned that patient comes in and I need to label their diagnosis and give them a pill.

Speaker 1

所以当我谈到部落主义时,我对那些感到被困住的医生们充满了同情。

So it's when I when I speak of the tribalism, it's like I have so much compassion for doctors who feel stuck right now.

Speaker 1

他们被困在一个破碎的系统中。

They're stuck in a broken system.

Speaker 1

他们所属的部落教会了他们特定的认知体系。

The tribe that they're a part of has taught them a certain set of things.

Speaker 1

数万亿美元的利益集团刻意让他们通过狭隘的视角学习知识。

There are huge trillions of dollars of interest to make the things that they learn a specific myopic lens.

Speaker 1

而串联线索是危险的——一旦偏离指南,就可能面临严厉的诉讼甚至公众嘲笑。

And putting together dots is risky because if you step outside the guidelines, you're at risk for intense litigation and potential ridicule.

Speaker 1

我就经常被称作伪科学的另类右派,你知道的,那些神神叨叨的议员。

I mean, I'm called pseudoscientific alt right, you know, woo woo caucus all the time.

Speaker 1

这确实令人恐惧。

And so that's scary.

Speaker 1

我认为从根本上说,这其实更是个意识与灵性问题——我们需要祈祷获得勇气。

And I think that fundamentally, this is again why it comes down to like this is actually more of a consciousness and spiritual issue because it's like we need to pray for courage.

Speaker 1

我们需要每天早晨坐下来,决定我们想要什么样的未来。

We need to sit down every morning and decide what we want for the future.

Speaker 1

我们想要什么?

What do we want?

Speaker 1

我们都是参与者。

We're all players.

Speaker 1

我们都很重要。

We're all important.

Speaker 1

我们都需要发出自己的声音。

We all need to use our voices.

Speaker 1

保持沉默意味着什么?我们想要怎样的未来?又愿意为此付出什么?

Being complicit, like what future do we want and what are we willing to do for it?

Speaker 1

并理清我们的优先事项?

And get our priorities straight?

Speaker 1

我们的优先事项是房子、房贷、游艇和正在扼杀我们的舒适生活吗?

Is our priority like our house and our mortgage and our boat and our comfortable life that's killing us?

Speaker 1

还是说要提升自我,成为未来和地球的守护者,并做出一些更艰难的选择?

Or is it to elevate, to be stewards of the future and of the planet and to make some harder choices?

Speaker 1

我想说的一点是,如果有医生在听,我可能是在对信徒说教,但就像另一边的那个部落,你知道,我认为我们都在促进健康,这很美好,人们真的很健康快乐,而且并不那么困难,也不那么昂贵。

And I think one thing I would just say, if there are doctors listening, I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but like this tribe on the other side, you know, that I think we're all in of like promoting health, like it's beautiful and people are really healthy and happy and it's not that hard and it's not that expensive.

Speaker 1

在这个努力推动人类迈向更和谐未来的部落里,每个人都受到欢迎。

And everyone is welcome here in this tribe of trying to move humanity towards more harmonious future.

Speaker 1

每个人都受到欢迎。

And everyone is welcome.

Speaker 1

这是两党共同的。

It's bipartisan.

Speaker 1

就像布里格姆说的,这关乎人类团队,而人类团队自然延伸就是地球团队,因为它们是相互关联的。

It's really about like Brigham was saying, like, this is about Team Humanity and team humanity always by extension will be team planet because they're interconnected.

Speaker 1

因此,我认为我们需要摆脱那种更像我们过去的、部落主义的人类自我,真正意识到我们需要勇敢。

And so I think we need to break out of that that sort of like more our past, you know, human selves of tribalism and really realize, like, we need to be brave.

Speaker 1

我们需要有勇气。

We need to courageous.

Speaker 1

我们需要为生命而战。

We need to fight for life.

Speaker 1

而当我们开始这样做时,前景是相当光明美好的。

And and it's pretty, pretty bright and wonderful when we start doing that.

Speaker 2

我认为大多数人并不了解食品体系存在的问题,关于农药、关于人们如何在医学院学习营养学这些方面。

I don't think most people were aware of the problems in regards to the food system, in regards to pesticides, pesticides, and and in in in regards to, like, how people learn nutrition in medical school.

Speaker 2

我认为他们直到大约五六年前才真正意识到这些问题。

I don't think they were really aware of that until about five or six years ago.

Speaker 2

我觉得这些观念开始逐渐渗入主流意识。

I think it started to creep into the zeitgeist.

Speaker 2

我想在此之前,人们完全信任医生,后来疫情爆发,人们对医疗系统失去了很多信任。

I think before that, people just put all their faith in doctors, and then I think COVID happened, and people lost a lot of faith in the medical system.

Speaker 2

他们对美国国立卫生研究院失去了大量信任。

They lost a lot of faith in the NIH.

Speaker 2

他们看到了福奇那些自相矛盾的视频,说什么你不会感染新冠,还有雷切尔·玛多那些鬼话。

They they saw all the contradictory videos of Fauci saying, you know, you're not gonna catch COVID and Rachel Maddow and all that shit.

Speaker 2

然后你就会想,天啊。

And you're like, oh my god.

Speaker 2

这整个系统都是被收买来促进利润的。

This is all a bought and paid for system to promote profit.

Speaker 2

而且

And

Speaker 0

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 0

我想贾马尔稍微提到过这个,但我觉得这非常重要,因为没人意识到——很多听众几年前听我们讲时,会觉得这听起来像阴谋论。

I think I think Jamal talked a little bit about this, but I think it's so important because nobody realizes this is I think a lot of people listening at us years ago, it's just like, this sounds conspiratorial.

Speaker 0

然后事实就发生了,对吧?

And it's just like, what actually happened?

Speaker 0

有几个关键的历史日期,我认为是蓄意构建了这个体系。

And there's a couple, like, really important dates that happened that are historical that I think, like, set this structure really intentionally.

Speaker 0

第一个是1909年的弗莱克斯纳报告。

The first was nineteen o nine, the Flexner Report.

Speaker 0

所以实际上,约翰·D·

So literally, John D.

Speaker 0

洛克菲勒的私人律师为国会的报告执笔,这份报告基本确立了当今医学教育的标准。

Rockefeller's personal lawyer wrote the report for Congress that basically set the standard that's the standard today for medical education.

Speaker 0

其约束性指南中明确写道,整体健康、营养及身体相互关联性的内容都是伪科学。

And it literally says in the binding guidelines that holistic and holistic health and nutrition and anything about interconnectedness of the body is pseudoscience.

Speaker 0

报告称我们需要命名病症,然后切除或开药治疗。

It says we need to name the condition and cut it out or prescribe it.

Speaker 2

这是哪一年的事?

And what year is this?

Speaker 2

1909年。

Nineteen o nine.

Speaker 2

所以他们至今仍遵循1909年的建议。

So they're they're still going by the recommendations of nineteen o nine.

Speaker 1

我们依然遵循着

We still follow the

Speaker 0

弗莱克斯纳报告。

Flexner report.

Speaker 0

我是说,这是一项政策,它

Some a policy I mean, and it

Speaker 2

这样我们就能获得

that we can get the

Speaker 0

政策固然重要,但重新审视弗莱克斯纳报告,并根据1909年以来我们对人体精妙互联性的新认知,更新科学教育标准和医疗指南,才是真正良好的开端——毕竟我们受制于法律框架,再次强调,这并非阴谋论。

policies, but but, like, resending the Flexner report and having updated scientific education and standard of care guidelines based on what we've learned since nineteen o nine about the majesty of the interconnectedness of our body is a really good first start because we're binded under a law to just demonstrably just like, again, not conspiratorial.

Speaker 0

约翰·D·

John D.

Speaker 0

洛克菲勒的私人律师撰写了这份报告。

Rockefeller's personal lawyer wrote this report.

Speaker 0

为什么?

Why?

Speaker 0

因为约翰·D·

Because John D.

Speaker 0

洛克菲勒是制药工业之父,利用石油副产品生产药品,并作为首批投资者支持约翰斯·霍普金斯大学、芝加哥大学等主要医学院校,开创了现代健康教育体系。

Rockefeller is the father of pharmaceutical industry and created pharmaceuticals from byproducts of oil production and was the first investor into Johns Hopkins and other major medical schools, University of Chicago, and started the modern education program for health.

Speaker 0

当时医疗领域存在一些重大问题。

There were some big issues in the health.

Speaker 0

那是个蛮荒无序的时代。

This is the Wild West.

Speaker 0

但他创立约翰斯·霍普金斯和住院医师培训标准,刻意将疾病分类隔离,然后以顶级制药商身份推广其产品和干预方案。

But he created Johns Hopkins and the standard of residency training as a way to silo diseases very intentionally and then prescribe his products and interventions as the top pharmaceutical maker.

Speaker 0

而他创建的医学院本质上就是他的分销体系。

And the medical schools that he created were basically a distribution system to him.

Speaker 0

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 0

接着到了二战时期。

So you get to World War two.

Speaker 0

直到二战前后,大约上世纪五六十年代,我认为你能想到或任何听众能想到的医学奇迹都诞生于那个时期之前。

Up until World War two, around that time, the nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties, I would argue almost any medical miracle you can think of or any listener can think of was created before that time.

Speaker 0

要知道,这些都是针对急性情况的处理——急诊手术、消毒程序、抗生素让感染不再致命。

You know, it's all acute situations, emergency surgical procedures, sanitation procedures, antibiotics to make an infection not deadly.

Speaker 0

我们能想到的几乎所有医学奇迹,都是针对那些会立即致命的传染病。

Almost every medical miracle we can think of was something that was going to kill you right away, infectious disease.

Speaker 0

然后你服药或接受一段有限时间的治疗,之后就可以停药。

And then you take the pill or take the treatment for a finite period of time and you stop it.

Speaker 0

或者快速做完手术就康复——这些才是真正的医学奇迹。

Or do the surgery quickly and you're That those are medical miracles.

Speaker 0

在二战之前,我们确实取得了许多重大医学进展。

And we had a lot of good things happen up until World War two.

Speaker 0

医疗行业在二十世纪五六十年代非常刻意地推出了避孕药。

Very intentionally, the medical industry saw the birth control pill in the late nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties.

Speaker 0

避孕药是人类历史上第一种需要长期服用超过数周的药物。

And the birth control pill was the first pill in world history that people took for longer than a couple weeks.

Speaker 0

这是史上第一种让人产生‘哦,有意思’想法的药丸。

It was the first pill ever that is like, oh, interesting.

Speaker 0

你确实可以让人长期服用一种药物,甚至可能是他们的大半生。

You can actually convince someone to take a pill for years, for almost most of their life.

Speaker 0

持续性的收入。

Recurring revenue.

Speaker 0

医疗行业非常重视利用这种建立起来的信任。

And there was a huge emphasis of the medical industry to take the trust engendered.

Speaker 0

直到1960年,罗伯特·肯尼迪都曾谈到这一点。

Up until 1960, RFK talks about this.

Speaker 0

我们过去不在慢性病管理上投入资金。

We didn't spend money on chronic disease management.

Speaker 0

所有医疗都是针对急性病症的。

All medicine was acute issues.

Speaker 0

慢性疾病,比如糖尿病、肥胖症,这些都不在医生的诊疗范围内。

Chronic disease, you know, diabetes, obesity, that was outside the doctor's office.

Speaker 0

他们意识到可以将慢性病医疗化。

They saw that you could medicalize chronic conditions.

Speaker 0

如今,90%到95%的医疗支出都用于慢性病治疗。

Today, 95 90 to 95% of spending is on chronic conditions.

Speaker 0

那么我们该怎么办呢?

So we what do we do?

Speaker 0

上世纪七十年代,萨克勒家族——就是后来制造阿片类药物的那家人的祖辈——他们发明了安定。

We in the nineteen seventies, literally, Sackler family that did you know, that their their grandkids did and kids did the opioids, Their their their forebearers created Valium.

Speaker 0

当时美国有30%的女性服用安定,《时代》杂志称其为'妈妈的小帮手',形容那个时代为'安定国度'。

And thirty percent of women in The United States in the nineteen seventies were on Valium, Time Magazine, Valium Nation, mommy's little helper.

Speaker 0

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 0

于是我们开始创造各种精神疾病分类。

So we started creating all these psychiatric conditions.

Speaker 0

我们开始将心脏病医疗化。

We started medicalizing heart disease.

Speaker 0

我们开始将二型糖尿病等疾病医疗化,由制药行业全额资助的学术研究开始宣称二型糖尿病不可逆转、本质是遗传病,心脏病等疾病也是如此,然后开始给患者大量开药。

We started medicalizing all these type two diabetes, started creating academic research totally funded by the pharmaceutical industry saying that type two diabetes isn't reversible, that it's basically genetic, heart disease, all these things, and started pilling them started pilling them.

Speaker 0

那么食物发生了什么变化?

Then what happened to food?

Speaker 0

慢性病在七八十年代并不是什么大问题。

Chronic disease wasn't that big of a deal in the nineteen seventies, nineteen eighties.

Speaker 0

你看看这张图表。

You you look at the graph.

Speaker 0

你看看所有慢性病的趋势图。

You look at the graph of all chronic conditions.

Speaker 0

在八十年代出现了一个急剧的转折。

There's just a sharp turn in the nineteen eighties.

Speaker 0

几乎就在同一年,美国卫生局发布了吸烟有害健康的报告。

It's the literally to almost to the year of the surgeon general report saying smoking wasn't great.

Speaker 0

这份报告一出,菲利普莫里斯和雷诺烟草就成了当时全球最大的两家公司。

So the second that report came out, Philip Morris and RJ Reynolds were two of the largest companies in the world.

Speaker 0

那时候的顶级企业名单上可没有微软和谷歌。

It wasn't like Microsoft and Google on the top companies list.

Speaker 0

就像是烟草公司一样。

It was like cigarette companies.

Speaker 0

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 0

多巴胺是种极好的销售品,这正是现在科技公司在做的。

Dopamine is a really good thing to sell, which which the tech companies do now.

Speaker 0

他们动用了资金储备,到1990年时,美国乃至世界历史上规模最大的三笔并购交易,都是烟草公司收购食品公司。

And they used their cash piles, and by 1990, the three largest m and a deals in American history in world history were cigarette companies buying food companies.

Speaker 0

于是就有了RJ雷诺收购纳贝斯克。

So you had Nimbusco bought by RJ Reynolds.

Speaker 0

卡夫和通用食品被收购——你见过那些图表吗?显示几乎所有食品公司都被少数几家企业掌控的图表?

You had Kraft and US Food buy and you see those graphs of of of all the food companies owned by, like, a couple a couple companies?

Speaker 0

那些就是烟草公司的手笔,他们非常刻意地做了两件事。

That was the cigarette companies, and they did two things very, very intentionally.

Speaker 0

他们先是掌控了权威机构,宣称超加工食品是健康的;然后又让自家科学家动手脚,使食品本身更具成瘾性。

They took over the institutions of trust to say ultra processed food was healthy, and then they took their scientists and rigged the food itself to make it more addictive.

Speaker 0

不是为了毒害孩子,而是为了让它更具成瘾性。

Not to kill kids, but to make it more addictive.

Speaker 0

于是就有了那个字面意义上的食物金字塔,宣称超加工食品很棒,金字塔的基础是低脂碳水化合物。

So you had that literal food pyramid which said ultra processed food is great, low fat carbs based the pyramid.

Speaker 0

那实际上是烟草行业为了推广他们的成瘾性产品而刻意构建的。

That was constructed literally by the cigarette industry to promote their addictive products.

Speaker 0

这种我称之为食品武器化的行为,并不只是某种阴谋论。

And this weaponization of food, as I call it, it's not just like this conspiracy.

Speaker 0

毫不夸张地说,菲利普莫里斯和阿切尔丹尼尔斯米德兰这两家烟草公司,当时是美国最大的食品生产商。

Literally, cigarette industry, those two companies, Philip Morris and Archerians, were the two largest food producers in The United States.

Speaker 0

在1990年代,美国约50%的食品都是由烟草公司生产的。

Like, 50% of American food were created by cigarette companies in the nineteen nineties.

Speaker 0

他们让我们对这些食品上瘾并将其武器化,各种慢性病的发病率随之飙升。

And they have got us addicted and weaponized this food, and all chronic conditions have just shot up.

Speaker 0

这是因为由烟草业科学家研发的超加工食品,从根本上劫持了我们的进化生物学机制。

It's because that ultra processed foods literally by tobacco industry scientists hijacks our evolutionary biology.

Speaker 0

再说,你不可能吃过量的草饲牛排,但这些由比我们聪明得多的科学家设计的食品,正是他们正在做的。

Again, you can't overeat grass fed steak, but these food with scientists much smarter than any of us, that's what they're doing.

Speaker 0

他们正在关闭我们社会的信号系统。

They're they're they're shutting off our society signals.

Speaker 0

这种廉价上瘾食品的副产品——我们甚至还没有相关研究——是它们被喷洒了所有这些化学物质。

The byproduct of this cheap addictive food, which we don't even have research for yet, is that it's sprayed with all these chemicals.

Speaker 0

在美国允许使用1万种化学物质喷洒,而在欧洲只允许400种。

It's sprayed with 10,000 chemicals that are allowed in The United States when only 400 are allowed in Europe.

Speaker 0

所有这些化学物质都是为了让人对食物上瘾、让食物便宜,你知道,为了单一作物种植。

All these chemicals to make the food addictive, to make the food cheap, you know, to do the mono cropping.

Speaker 0

这种食物绝对是...我们不需要等待相关研究结果。

And that food is absolutely and we don't need to wait for the research on this.

Speaker 0

这些化学物质,这些神经毒素正在摧毁我们自身,以我们尚未完全理解的方式破坏我们的微生物群。

These chemicals, these neurotoxins destroying ourselves, destroying our microbiome in ways we don't fully understand.

Speaker 0

所以我想向大家明确一点:这一切的发生,都是非常有意为之的。

So I just want to make clear to everyone, like, this has happened, like, very intentionally.

Speaker 0

就像这样,而且这种情况也能很快被逆转。

Like like and it can be undone pretty quickly too.

Speaker 0

但我们必须意识到这不是阴谋论。

But we have to realize this isn't a conspiracy.

Speaker 0

这是真实存在的腐败,是蓄意为之的。

It's true corruption that that that that happened deliberately.

Speaker 1

我想补充几个日期。

I would just add a few more, like, dates.

Speaker 1

我认为关于研究有一点很重要,我们几乎是世界上唯一一个将举证责任倒置的国家——我们允许这些化学物质直接进入食品系统。

I like, you know, I think one thing about the research, you know, we're one of the only countries in the world where the burden of proof for harm like we allow these chemicals to just enter our food system.

Speaker 1

我们的食品系统中存在一万种化学物质。

We have 10,000 chemicals in our food system.

Speaker 1

欧洲只有400种,因为他们必须证明物质安全才能使用。

Europe, only 400 because they have to show that it's safe before they use it.

Speaker 1

而我们却可以直接使用这些物质。

We're allowed to use it.

Speaker 1

然后,只有在问题出现后,人们才不得不进行研究。

And then and then only, you know, only if there's issues that crop up do people have to do research.

Speaker 1

所以,你知道,存在这种荒谬的'公认安全'(GRAS)认定,本质上是企业自行评估他们创造的化学品是否被普遍认为安全。

So, you know, there's this like ridiculous GRAS, generally recognized as safe designation, which is essentially a company self assesses whether the chemical that they are creating is generally recognized as safe.

Speaker 1

没有人监督这一过程。

No one's overseeing it.

Speaker 1

布里格姆也谈到这一点,就像对FDA的同情。

And Brigham talks about this, like compassion for the FDA.

Speaker 1

他们不堪重负。

They're overwhelmed.

Speaker 1

有太多事情要处理。

There's a lot of stuff to do.

Speaker 1

这有点像囤积者的房子。

It's kind of like a hoarder's house.

Speaker 1

我们该从哪里开始呢?

Where do we even start?

Speaker 1

比如,我不确定是否该相信这种说法。

Like, I don't necessarily know if I buy that.

Speaker 1

我认为这种情况相当糟糕,我们被收买了才会允许所有这些化学品存在。

I think that it's pretty pretty bad and bought off that we have all these chemicals.

Speaker 1

但它们基本上只需自我认定为'一般认为安全',就能进入我们的食品系统。

But they basically just have to self designate if it's generally recognized as safe and then it can go into our food system.

Speaker 1

我觉得非常值得思考的一点是——我经常反思——食品化学品和药物之间到底有什么区别?

One thing that I find really interesting is like that I really reflect on a lot is like, what is the difference between a food chemical and a drug?

Speaker 1

它们都是科学家在工厂实验室里合成的分子。

They're all just synthetic molecules that are made in factories, in labs by scientists.

Speaker 1

你知道区别在哪里吗?

Do you know what the difference is?

Speaker 1

在于用途意图。

Intended use.

Speaker 1

所以基本上,只要用途是食品,你几乎可以合成任何东西添加到食物中。

So basically, if the intended use is for food, you can synthesize almost anything you want and put it in food.

Speaker 1

我们的食品系统中充斥着近万种几乎不受监管的化学物质,这些物质通过收买论文宣称其安全性,导致我们正在被大规模下药和毒害。

We are being mass drugged and poisoned in our food system with 10,000 virtually unregulated chemicals which have bought off papers saying that they are safe.

Speaker 1

看看孟山都关于非霍奇金淋巴瘤的所有诉讼案件就知道了。

I mean, you look at what happened with all the Monsanto litigation about non Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Speaker 1

他们不得不公开所谓的'孟山都文件'。

They had to release this whole thing called the Monsanto papers.

Speaker 1

这些解密文件显示他们找人代笔科学论文,声称草甘膦是安全的。

They were declassified where they ghost wrote scientific papers saying that glyphosate is safe.

Speaker 1

整个体系腐败不堪——我们的食品系统存在上万种未受监管的化学物质,显然我们正因此病得越来越重。

So there's all this corruption in there where basically we have 10,000 unregulated chemicals in our food system and we're getting sick as hell, obviously.

Speaker 1

然后那些循证派人士会说:我们需要十年纵向研究来证明草甘膦导致X、Y、Z疾病。

And then you've got the evidence based people saying, well, we need to have a ten year longitudinal study to show that glyphosate is causing X, Y, Z disease.

Speaker 1

显然这种思路是错误的,因为首先是环境中所有毒素的协同作用导致了这些多效性健康问题。

And it's like, obviously that's not the right approach because first of all, it is the synergistic combination of all the toxins that are now in our environment that are leading to all these pleiotropic health issues.

Speaker 1

这非常难以研究。

That's very hard to study.

Speaker 1

所以我们必须清醒过来,用常识去认清现状,而不是再等十年去做那些会被腐败侵蚀的NIH资助研究。

So we have to get our heads out of our ass and use our common sense and realize what's going on and not wait ten years with these, you know, NIH funded studies that are going to be corrupted.

Speaker 1

而且,我认为这只是食品化学物质问题的一个方面。

And, you know, I think so that's just that's just one thing about the food chemicals.

Speaker 1

卡尔,我想补充一点,就像其他日期一样,你看看加工食品的兴起,加工食品真正开始流行是在这些企业合并之后。

I just wanted to add to your point, Cal, like some other dates, like you look at the processed food emergence, processed food like really didn't start taking off until these mergers.

Speaker 1

可以说它最初只是稍有苗头。

Like it's there was a little bit of a start of it.

Speaker 1

超加工食品在二战前根本不存在。

Ultra processed foods did not exist before World War II.

Speaker 1

当时我们需要为士兵提供可以运输的耐储存食品等等。

We and, you know, we needed to have shelf stable food for soldiers and things like that that we could ship.

Speaker 1

所以最初可能有些好的初衷。

And so there were maybe some good intentions there.

Speaker 1

但后来有人看到了其中有利可图的机会。

But then it got there was an opportunity there that got seen.

Speaker 1

我们还可以利用女权运动来反对,比如待在厨房就是奴隶的观念。

And we can also, you know, weaponize the feminist movement against, you know, oh, being in the kitchen, you're a slave.

Speaker 1

你知道,你的价值不在家庭内部,你需要攀登企业晋升阶梯。

You know, you don't that your values outside the home, you need to climb the corporate ladder.

Speaker 1

来,尝尝这些我们最初为士兵准备的方便食品,我们会告诉你这实际上就是你的解放。

Here, have this convenience food that we basically made for soldiers and we're going to tell you that this is actually your liberation.

Speaker 1

所以人们自然就不再下厨做饭了。

So of course we got people not cooking.

Speaker 1

家庭不再一起用餐了。

Families aren't eating together anymore.

Speaker 1

比如,现在孩子们67%的热量摄入来自超加工食品。

Like, you know, kids are eating 67% of children's calories now are ultra processed foods.

Speaker 1

这些是指由食品科学家在工厂生产的食品,不仅仅是加工食品,而是最高级别的超加工食品,占热量摄入的67%。

These means foods that come from a factory made by food scientists, not just processed, ultra processed, the highest form of processing 67% of calories.

Speaker 1

然后到了1970年代,高果糖玉米糖浆问世,正如卡莉所说,这发生在一些企业合并之前。

Then you go to the 1970s and we have the advent of high fructose corn syrup, which as Callie talks about, this preceded some of the mergers.

Speaker 1

高果糖玉米糖浆是一种大规模杀伤性武器,食品科学家利用对冬眠动物(如熊)的了解开发了它——果糖是少数不仅不会产生饱腹感,反而会让人更饥饿的卡路里类型之一。

High fructose corn syrup is a weapon of mass destruction that basically food scientists used an understanding about hibernating animals like bears, who fructose is one of the only types of calories where instead of making you feel satiated, it makes you more hungry.

Speaker 1

这是进化形成的,我们早就知道这一点。

And this is evolutionarily and we knew this.

Speaker 1

在秋季,当动物准备冬眠并开始食用富含果糖的浆果时,它们需要为冬天囤积大量脂肪。

In the fall, when animals are preparing for hibernation and they start eating fructose rich berries, they need to put on a ton of fat for winter.

Speaker 1

因此果糖存在一种正向反馈机制:它会让熊感到饥饿甚至变得暴力,以压倒其他动物,在短时间内获取尽可能多的浆果,从而为冬季堆积三维打印般的脂肪。

And so there's a feed forward mechanism with fructose where it actually gets the bears to be hungry and even violent to outcompete other animals to get as many berries as possible in a short period of time to lay three d print fat for winter.

Speaker 1

于是科学家们理解了这个原理后说:'嘿,我们可以制造出比浆果中的果糖浓度高上千倍的液态果糖,分子结构相同但浓度更高。'

So you have the scientists understanding this and say, hey, we can make liquid fructose thousand times more potent than the fructose you'd find in berries, Same molecule, but in higher concentration.

Speaker 1

而且我们可以把它添加到所有食品中。

And we can add it to everything.

Speaker 1

我们可以把它加进沙拉酱里。

We can add it to salad dressing.

Speaker 1

我们还要把它加进番茄酱里。

We're gonna add it to ketchup.

Speaker 1

我们要把它加进学生的校园午餐里。

We're gonna add it to children's school lunches.

Speaker 1

我们显然会把它加进汽水里,让人们变得贪得无厌。

We're gonna add it obviously to sodas, and we're gonna make people insatiable.

Speaker 1

我们要让人们的身体和大脑误以为在为永远不会到来的冬天做准备。

We're gonna make their bodies and their brains think that they're preparing for winter that's never coming.

Speaker 1

已有研究表明高果糖玉米糖浆与暴力行为、儿童多动症等种种问题相关。

And there has been research that shows that hyphthros corn syrup is associated with violence, ADHD in kids, all of these different things.

Speaker 1

最后我想提一下,快进到1986年——我认为另一个非常重要的年份,当时通过了诉讼法案,规定我们不能起诉疫苗生产商,这就是《疫苗安全法案》。

Just last thing I'll mention, flash forward 1986, I think another very important date, which is the date when the litigation went through that said we couldn't sue vaccine manufacturers and the vaccine safety act.

Speaker 1

这在整个历史上都是非常重要的时刻,因为这是国会首次通过立法,规定制药公司不必为不当行为承担诉讼责任。

That's a very important date in the whole history because it is the one of the first times where we were able to pass legislation through Congress that said that pharmaceutical companies could not be sued for wrongdoing.

Speaker 1

这一条款至今仍然有效。

And that still is present today.

Speaker 1

他们基本上设立了一个微不足道的小基金,人们可以申请无过错疫苗伤害赔偿,但就是不能起诉制药公司。

They basically put together a little paltry little fund that people could apply to get, you know, no fault reimbursements for for vaccine harm, but you cannot sue the company.

Speaker 1

于是企业开始获得法律豁免权,免于为不当行为负责,这一趋势随后加速发展。

So you start to get companies being legally immune from wrongdoing, which has then accelerated.

Speaker 1

他们现在甚至开始试图将类似的法律保护扩展到农药领域。

And they're now starting to try and push things like that for pesticides as well.

Speaker 1

这就是我们为何会陷入当前处境的部分历史原因。

So that's just some of the history of like why we are where we are today.

Speaker 1

这并不复杂。

It's not rocket science.

Speaker 1

过去五十年间,这一切都已形成制度化和结构化体系。

This has all been very institutionalized and structured, and it's the last fifty years.

Speaker 1

只要有正确的领导,我们完全可以扭转这种局面。

Like, we can undo all of this with leadership.

Speaker 1

以上简要说明了我们如何走到今天这一步的部分图景。

And so that's just a little bit of the picture of of how we're we are where we are today.

Speaker 2

在继续之前,我能就高果糖玉米糖浆补充一点看法吗?

Before can I just say one thing about the fructose corn syrup?

Speaker 2

你提到这个我很高兴,因为我原本不知道果葡糖浆有独特的方式让人更上瘾并破坏饱腹感

I'm I'm so glad you brought that up because I didn't know that there was a unique way that it makes it more addictive and and kills your satiety

Speaker 1

哦,是的。

Oh, yeah.

Speaker 2

或者说增强瘾性,更准确说是破坏饱腹感。

Or increases it or kills it rather.

Speaker 2

因为我一直以为糖就是糖,这也是许多反对者常用的论调——他们会说'这都是胡扯'。

Because I'd always thought that sugar was sugar, and this is one of the arguments that a lot of people that are poo pooing all this stuff like, oh, this is nonsense.

Speaker 2

糖就是糖。

Sugar is sugar.

Speaker 2

是啊。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

就像他们认为苹果里的糖和果葡糖浆里的糖没有任何区别。

Like, there's no difference between the sugar and high fructose corn syrup versus the sugar in an apple.

Speaker 1

不。

No.

Speaker 1

这真的很有趣。

It's it's really interesting.

Speaker 1

有两本关于这个主题的精彩书籍。

There's two amazing books on this.

Speaker 1

科罗拉多大学的理查德·约翰逊写了《自然希望我们发胖》,而大卫·珀尔马特则写了《降低尿酸》。

Richard Johnson from use use University of Colorado wrote Nature Wants Us to Be Fat, and then David Perlmutter wrote Drop Acid.

Speaker 1

这两本书都讨论了一种名为尿酸的分子,它是果糖代谢特有的产物。

Both books are about a molecule called uric acid, which is unique to fructose metabolism.

Speaker 1

当果糖在体内代谢时(与葡萄糖不同),会产生尿酸,导致大脑和身体产生氧化应激和线粒体功能障碍——如果线粒体功能受损,就无法将糖分转化为能量,你知道线粒体是细胞的动力源。

So when fructose is metabolized in the body, not like glucose, it creates uric acid, which creates oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in the brain and the body that if you have mitochondrial dysfunction, you're not going to able to process sugars to energy, you know, mitochondria powerhouse of the cell.

Speaker 1

过量的果糖会通过尿酸超载破坏线粒体功能。

So you break the mitochondria with the excess fructose overloading the mitochondria with uric acid.

Speaker 1

然后会发生什么?

And then what happens?

Speaker 1

你就无法将糖分转化为能量了。

You can't turn sugars to energy.

Speaker 1

那你该怎么办呢?

So what do you do?

Speaker 1

你把糖分转化为脂肪。

You turn sugars to fat.

Speaker 1

于是你开始3D打印脂肪,因为过量的果糖破坏了线粒体。

So you start three d printing fat because you break the mitochondria with excess fructose.

Speaker 1

除此之外,当大脑中出现线粒体功能障碍和氧化应激时,可能会引发暴力行为、多动症等问题,使熊变得狂躁,从而尽可能多地获取浆果。

And on top of that, the mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative stress when happening in the brain is what may inspire the violence and the ADHD and all that stuff to make the bears manic so they get as much berries as possible.

Speaker 1

这就是现在美国每个教室里每个孩子身上正在发生的情况。

This is what's happening in every kid in every classroom in America now.

Speaker 1

所以这大致简单地解释了正在发生的生物学机制

And so that's kind of some of the biology very simply about about what's happening

Speaker 0

关于果糖。

with fructose.

Speaker 2

所以苹果可能是个不好的例子,但.

So the the apple is probably a bad example, but, like, cane sugar.

Speaker 2

甘蔗糖是以果糖为基础的吗?

Is cane sugar fructose based?

Speaker 1

嗯,通常来说,它含有蔗糖,而蔗糖会包含一定比例的葡萄糖和果糖。

Well, it's generally, it's gonna have sucrose, which is gonna have some amount of glucose and fructose.

Speaker 1

但关于水果的关键在于,我们体内有400万亿个细胞,我们具备清除尿酸的能力,也有处理生理量果糖的能力。

But this is the thing about fruit is that we have 40,000,000,000,000 cells and we have the ability to clear uric acid and we have the ability to process fructose in a physiologic amount.

Speaker 1

如果我们吃的是一个苹果,就永远不会出现尿酸升高和线粒体超负荷的情况。

We're never going to have the uric acid increasing and overloading the mitochondria if we're eating an apple.

Speaker 1

问题是当你摄入的果糖量是苹果的二十到三十倍,就像直接往体内倾倒果糖时,就会突然导致体内尿酸激增并引发其他问题。

It's when you're eating twenty, thirty times the fructose that an apple has and you're literally pouring it down that all of a sudden imagine you get this huge rise in uric acid in the body and other things that are happening.

Speaker 1

这时身体就会不堪重负。

And that's when it overwhelms.

Speaker 1

所以某种程度上说'剂量决定毒性',因为我们的身体具备排毒能力。

So it's a bit of that dose makes the poison because our body has the ability to excrete toxins.

Speaker 1

我们的身体能够应对一些重金属。

Our body has the ability to deal with some heavy metals.

Speaker 1

我们的身体或许有能力清除一定量的草甘膦,但我们无法全天24小时不间断地清除所有这些物质叠加起来百倍剂量。

Our body has the ability to probably clear some level of glyphosate, but we can't clear all of it all the time, twenty four hours a day in 100 times the quantity of all these things together.

Speaker 1

而那些研究和循证派系,以及这种科学崇拜,他们最爱对此视而不见。

And the research and the evidence based thing and this cult of the science, they love to ignore that.

Speaker 1

这种协同效应——对我们细胞资源的压倒性消耗——被刻意忽略了,因为我们总是孤立地研究事物。

The idea of synergistic effects of this of this overwhelming breaking of our cellular resources is just conveniently forgotten because we study things in isolation.

Speaker 1

这恰恰是双盲安慰剂对照研究的定义方式。

That's literally the definition of how a double blind placebo controlled study happens.

Speaker 1

它只测试单一变量,你懂的,每次只研究一个因素。

It's one variable, you know, and one thing that you're testing.

Speaker 0

你没法在

You can't do it on

Speaker 1

道理上

sense.

Speaker 1

我们生活在有毒的大染缸里。

We live in a toxic stew.

Speaker 0

双盲安慰剂对照研究的唯一答案,每位嘉宾上来都这么说,这就是黄金标准。

The only only answer of double blind placebo controlled studies, which every guest comes on is just like, that's just the gold standard.

Speaker 0

大家都默认这就是你需要的。

That's just everyone just accepts that that's what you need.

Speaker 0

双盲安慰剂对照研究,唯一的答案就是药片,本质上。

A double blind placebo controlled study, the only answer is a pill, like, essentially.

Speaker 0

你不能用那种方式测试致幻剂。

You can't test psychedelics on that way.

Speaker 0

你无法测试食物。

You can't test food.

Speaker 0

你无法测试运动。

You can't test exercise.

Speaker 0

你无法对这些进行盲测。

You can't blind those things.

Speaker 0

所以任何真正认识到我们生病原因的整体性和相互联系的事物,都无法通过双盲安慰剂对照研究来研究。

And so anything that actually recognizes the the the unison and the interconnectivity of why we're getting sick can't be studied through a double blind placebo controlled study.

Speaker 0

实际上FDA就是这样被建立的。

You actually have the FDA that's basically created.

Speaker 0

从近期MDMA的审批决定就能看出这一点。

You saw this with the recent MDMA decision.

Speaker 0

本质上这个系统被操纵了——通过我们研究事物和审批药物的最高标准途径,唯一能被批准的只有合成药丸。

It's basically rigged that the only thing that can be approved through the, you know, top way we study things and and and and approve drugs is a synthetic pill.

Speaker 0

这是唯一能通过双盲安慰剂对照研究的东西。

That that's the only thing that can basically lead to through a double blind placebo controlled study.

Speaker 1

就像疫苗的情况,是啊。

It's like with vaccines, it's like, yeah.

Speaker 1

我敢打赌单一疫苗不太可能引发自闭症。

I bet that one vaccine probably isn't causing autism.

Speaker 1

但那些在18个月前接种的20种疫苗呢?

But what about the the the 20 that they're getting before eighteen months?

Speaker 1

我们并没有从协同效应角度来审视这个问题。

Like, we don't look at it in synergistic.

Speaker 1

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 1

所以这是个严重的问题。

And so that's that's a big problem.

Speaker 1

这就是科学崇拜的问题所在,我特意说‘科学’是因为科学本身是美好的。

And this is where the cult of the science, and I say the science specifically because science is beautiful.

Speaker 1

运用科学方法和这种探索自然世界的方式是一门美妙的艺术。

Using the scientific method and using that way of inquiry into the natural world is a beautiful art.

Speaker 1

但把那些经常被收买或篡改的论文武器化——要知道,我们一些核心医学期刊的负责人甚至承认,已发表的研究中50%最终被证明是错误的。

But weaponizing papers that are often bought for or corrupted and you know, the leaders of some of our key medical journals have actually even said that 50% of scientific research that publish ends up being wrong.

Speaker 1

所以它们要么被收买、被篡改,要么本身就是错的。

So it's bought for corrupted or wrong.

Speaker 1

我们却依赖这些研究。

We rely on this.

Speaker 1

有个值得注意的趋势是:如果我们选择串联线索或运用直觉——上帝赋予的直觉,用任何其他方式而非这种特定检验方法看待事物,就会被视为危险分子。

And if one interesting trend that we're seeing in our world is that if we do choose to put dots together or use our intuition, our God given intuition, anything other than this particular way of examining things, you are dangerous.

Speaker 1

你很危险。

You are dangerous.

Speaker 1

我认为这确实是我们需要质疑的事情。

And I think that that's something we need to really question.

Speaker 1

你知道,特别是作为一个女性,我很快就要考虑生孩子了。

You know, I think especially as a woman, like, I'm and thinking about having kids soon.

Speaker 1

我在想,哇。

I'm like thinking about like, wow.

Speaker 1

我的身体有能力构建一个人类,三维打印一个人,为那个人类注入灵魂。

Like, I I have the ability in my body to, like, build a human, three d print a human, pull in a soul to that human.

Speaker 1

我不需要同行评审的研究或教科书来告诉我怎么做。

I don't need a peer reviewed study or a textbook to tell me how to do that.

Speaker 1

我们的身体、直觉、思维以及体内发生的微妙变化都很重要。

Our body and our intuition and our minds and the subtle things happening inside us are important.

Speaker 1

它们是不可思议的。

They are incredible.

Speaker 1

我们现在被告知,如果你那样做就不能信任自己,而且你很危险。

We have now been told that like you can't trust it and you are dangerous if you do that.

Speaker 1

我认为这就是为什么现在父母们感到非常沮丧的原因之一——虽然我还没为人父母,但你知道Callie是——当我们现在被告知,父母因为运用自己的判断来照顾家庭和孩子就成了敌人,我想这对人们来说肯定是极其令人沮丧的,而这基本上就是我们现在被要求接受的观念。

And I think that's one of the reasons why I think parents are very frustrated right now is because parenting, I'm not a parent yet, but you know, Callie is, but like, you know, when we're being told now that parents are the enemy for using their own judgment about their families and kids, like, I think that's probably it's it's deeply frustrating to people, and that's basically what we're being asked to do.

Speaker 1

确实如此。

So yeah.

Speaker 2

我想谈谈阿尔茨海默症。

I wanna talk about Alzheimer's.

Speaker 2

这是另一个我想讨论的话题,当我们谈到性早熟时。

That was the other thing that I wanna talk about when you when we talked about early puberty.

Speaker 2

你提到过阿尔茨海默症的风险正在不断上升。

You you mentioned the escalating risks of Alzheimer's.

Speaker 2

阿尔茨海默症是什么时候开始出现的?

When did Alzheimer's become a thing?

Speaker 2

因为我读到一篇文章说它是在植物油问世之前就存在的。

Because I was reading this article that was saying that it was before the advent of seed oils.

Speaker 2

你几乎很少见到这种情况,甚至可能从未见过。

You very, very, very rarely saw it, if at all.

Speaker 0

不。

No.

Speaker 0

它像所有其他慢性病一样在爆炸性增长。

It's been exploding like every single other chronic condition.

Speaker 0

我简单说一下,这与你刚才提到的凯西的观点有关。

I'll just quickly go to it ties to Casey's point you just made.

Speaker 0

2024年是美国历史上阿尔茨海默症、癌症、自身免疫性疾病、心脏病、糖尿病、肾衰竭、自闭症发病率最高的一年。

This year in 2024 is the highest rate in American history of Alzheimer's, cancer, autoimmune conditions, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, kidney disease, autism.

Speaker 0

你能想到的每一种慢性疾病都处于历史最高水平,并且随着我们在治疗这些疾病上投入更多资金,其发病率还在加速增长。

Every single chronic disease you can think of is at an all time high growing at an increasing rate as we spend more money to treat those conditions.

Speaker 0

所以我认为我们想表达的一个观点是,所有NIH、FDA都在默认接受这种趋势。

So I think what one point we're trying to make is that, you know, all the NIH, all the FDA, it's all on accepting that trend as a given.

Speaker 0

他们完全对此撒手不管了。

It's totally washed their hands of it.

Speaker 0

那我们如何找到边际药片来稍微改善这种情况,而不是追问原因呢?

And how do we find marginal pills to make this a little bit better, not asking why?

Speaker 0

关于阿尔茨海默症的问题,我们想表达的观点是,对于这类慢性疾病,你真正需要问的不是阿尔茨海默症本身。

And that question about Alzheimer's, the point we're trying to make, is that when it comes to chronic conditions, which Alzheimer's is, you have to really not ask the Alzheimer's question.

Speaker 0

你必须追问为什么这只是这棵树上的一个分支——肥胖问题。

You have to ask why that's one branch on this tree, obesity.

Speaker 0

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 0

这棵树。

This tree.

Speaker 0

我们讨论过,我认为凯西有一个绝妙的框架。

And we talk about and I think Casey has this amazing framework.

Speaker 0

你实际上可以观察五个生物标志物——代谢功能障碍的标志物:高密度脂蛋白、甘油三酯、血糖、血压和腰围。

You can literally look at five biomarkers, the biomarkers of of metabolic dysfunction, HDL, triglycerides, blood sugar, blood pressure, and your waistline.

Speaker 0

我不是在开玩笑。

And I'm not joking.

Speaker 0

我没有夸张。

I'm not being hyperbolic.

Speaker 0

如果我们解雇美国所有慢性病和营养研究领域的研究人员,取消所有相关拨款,并制定政策来优化这五项生物标志物,那么从定义上讲,你就不会患上二型糖尿病。

If we fired every single researcher and every single and canceled every single grant in the US government for all chronic disease research and all nutrition research and created all policy to maximize those five biomarkers in America, you, by definition, don't have type two diabetes.

Speaker 0

你几乎百分之百不会得心脏病。

You almost have a zero percent chance of getting heart disease.

Speaker 0

你患阿尔茨海默症的几率几乎为零。

You have very close to zero percent chance of getting Alzheimer's.

Speaker 0

从定义上说,你根本不会肥胖。

You are not obese by definition.

Speaker 0

真的,你可以逐一排查所有折磨美国人的慢性病。

Literally, you go down every single chronic condition that is torturing American life.

Speaker 0

如果你是糖尿病患者,你抑郁或自杀的可能性是常人的四倍,因为我们大脑中有细胞,而糖尿病就是细胞失调。

If you're diabetic, you're four times more likely to be depressed or suicidal because there are cells in our head, and diabetes is cellular dysregulation.

Speaker 0

所以,说真的,我不是在否定科研工作——我知道有很多深入钻研细节的研究英雄。

So so, like, literally, I'm not like like, on the on the research and the science thing, you know, I think there's great heroes who've been, you know, getting into the weeds on the on the research.

Speaker 0

但慢性病与基本生活方式因素息息相关。

But chronic disease is interconnected to basic lifestyle factors.

Speaker 0

我认为这是个政治问题。

I think this is a political issue.

Speaker 0

说实话,每个美国人都需要思考:这是个需要渐进改良的问题——只需稍好一点的药物干预和稍深入的研究?

Honestly, every American needs to ask, is this an incremental issue where we need slightly better pharmaceutical interventions and slightly better research?

Speaker 0

还是需要彻底转变认知——理解人体机能的相互关联,并意识到医学乃至我们对环境的看法都需要根本性变革?

Or is this a radical shift of understanding how our bodies are interconnected and understanding that that needs to be a shift in medicine and frankly how we view the environment?

Speaker 0

这个问题我们认为相当紧迫且具有生存意义。

That is a question that we actually think is relatively urgent and relatively existential.

Speaker 0

现代社会是令人惊叹的。

Modern society is amazing.

Speaker 0

但正如凯西所说,当前形势很严峻。

But as Casey said, this is dark right now.

Speaker 0

如果你相信凯西关于慢性病的统计数据,并实际计算医疗支出以GDP两倍速度增长的数学——这已是美国规模最大且增长最快的产业。

Like if you believe what Casey's saying about these statistics about chronic disease and you actually look at the math that we're growing two times with health care spending, the rate of GDP, it's the largest and fastest growing industry in the country.

Speaker 0

美国增长最快的产业并非人工智能。

The the fastest growing industry in The United States is not AI.

Speaker 0

也不是科技行业。

It's not tech.

Speaker 0

而是医疗保健。

It's health care.

Speaker 0

随着它的发展,我们却变得更病态、更肥胖、更抑郁、更不育。

And as it grows, we get sicker, fatter, more depressed, more infertile.

Speaker 0

这将使国家破产,而且趋势毫无减缓迹象。

It is going to bankrupt the country, and it's not slowing down.

Speaker 0

如果你真的相信这点,相信我们需要新范式——是要进行更好的研究,还是该承认现有研究本身就是错误的?

So if you actually believe this, believe we need a new paradigm, is it about getting better research, or is it about actually saying the research is wrong?

Speaker 0

将慢性病割裂看待的整个范式就是错误的。

This whole paradigm of seeing chronic disease in silos is wrong.

Speaker 0

我相信你可以多谈谈阿尔茨海默症,但它们是相互关联的。

So I'm sure you can talk more about Alzheimer's, but it's interconnected.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

不。

No.

Speaker 1

我认为渐进主义与激进变革之间的选择,正是我们需要自问的关键问题。

I think the point about incrementalism versus radical is the question we need to be asking ourselves.

Speaker 1

就像,我们并不是...是的。

Like, we're not yeah.

Speaker 1

就阿尔茨海默症而言,一个非常有趣的观察角度是:大脑仅占我们体重的2%,却消耗了全身20%的能量。

And so in terms of Alzheimer's, so I think something a really interesting framing is that the brain, you know, it's only 2% of our body weight, but it uses 20% of our body's energy.

Speaker 1

关于阿尔茨海默症有个理论认为,是大脑中的斑块导致的。

And there's been this theory with Alzheimer's of like, oh, it's the plaques in the brain.

Speaker 1

比如tau蛋白缠结、β淀粉样蛋白沉积等等这些因素。

It's the tau and the tangles and the beta amyloid and all these things.

Speaker 1

所以我们曾经认为,好吧。

And so we thought, okay.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客