本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
乔·罗根播客。
Joe Rogan podcast.
去看看吧。
Check it out.
乔·罗根体验。
The Joe Rogan experience.
展示我的一天。
Showing my day.
乔·罗根播客。
Joe Rogan podcast.
我的夜晚。
My night.
一整天。
All day.
你好,理查德。
Hello, Richard.
最近怎么样?
What's happening?
你好,乔。
Hello, Joe.
挺漂亮的
It's pretty
很高兴再次见到你。
nice to see you again.
见到你真好。
Good see you.
当你的丈夫安德鲁进来时,他跟我提到了你的书。
So when your husband Andrew came in here, he told me about your book.
然后我跟你聊了聊,觉得你非常有趣。
And then I talked to you, and you seemed very interesting.
你给我简单介绍了一下这本书。
And you gave me, like, a little brief synopsis of it.
然后我听了它的音频磁带,简直疯狂。
And so then I listened to it on audio tape, and it's fucking crazy.
这是关于神秘主义女权主义,女性解放的秘密历史。
And it is the occult feminism, the secret history of women's liberation.
你知道,我以前对女权主义没什么明确的看法。
You know, I didn't really have much of an opinion on feminism.
我的想法是,不幸的是,我遇到过一些女权主义者,她们似乎就是不喜欢男人,不知为什么。
I my my opinion was, you know, unfortunately, run into some feminist that just seemed did not like men for whatever reason.
这个世界上有很多人对自己的处境不满,但直到听了你的书,我才开始认真思考这一切是怎么开始的,我觉得这简直太离谱了。
And, you know, there's a lot of people in this world that aren't happy with their position or station in life, but I didn't really think too much into how this all got started until I listened to your book, and I'm like, this is kinda bonkers.
所以在深入讨论你的书之前,你是怎么决定写这个主题的?
So before we get into your book, like, how did you decide to write about this?
你的这段经历是怎样的?
Like, what what was your little journey?
哦。
Oh.
或者说是段漫长的旅程?
Or big journey?
是的。
Yeah.
这确实是一段漫长的旅程。
It's kind of a big journey.
所以当我成长的时候,我一直在所有尖子班里。
So when I was growing up, I was like a in all the advanced kid classes.
从幼儿园开始,我就被不断灌输:你会上大学。
And from the time I was in, like, kindergarten, it was just pounded into my head like, you're going to college.
你会拥有事业。
You're going to have a career.
你知道,你很聪明,必须好好利用这份天赋。
You know, you're smart, and you have to do something with that.
就是这样。
It was, like Right.
我面前唯一被提出来的选择。
The only option that was put before me.
于是我沿着这条路一直走到了毕业。
And so I followed that path, like, all the way through school.
当我完成十二年的普通教育时,我意识到几件事。
And by the time I got done with twelve years of regular school, I realized a couple things.
第一,学校并不是学习知识的地方。
One is school is not where you go to learn things.
学校对聪明人来说,总的来说并不怎么好。
School isn't school is not so great for smart people for the most part.
再让我上四年学,听起来简直像地狱一样。
And that I really didn't like Like, another four years of school just sounded like hell to me.
我真的很想结婚生子。
And I really just wanted to get married and have kids.
这一直是我真正想要做的事,尽管这让我的马克思主义女权主义母亲感到震惊,她并不喜欢
That's kinda what I always wanted to do, much to the horror of my Marxist feminist mother who did not like
很早就这样了。
at an early age.
她试过了,但我是个总爱问‘为什么’的孩子。
Well, she tried, but I was the why kid.
我就是那种一直问‘为什么’的孩子。
I was the kid that's just like, why?
为什么?
Why?
是的。
Yeah.
可为什么呢?
But why?
我爸爸是个像拉什·林博那样的人。
And I had, like, a Rush Limbaugh dad.
哇。
Wow.
他们离婚了。
They got divorced.
真让人惊讶。
Shocker.
谁能料到呢?
Who could have seen it coming?
他们在我九岁左右离婚了,所以我成长在两个截然不同的世界里。
So they got divorced when I was, like, nine, and I had so I grew up in, like, two worlds.
我有一个共和党商人、拉什·林博式的爸爸,还有一个马克思主义女权主义的疯狂妈妈。
I had, like, Republican business owner Rush Limbaugh dad, and I had Marxist feminist crazy mom.
妈妈一直都是马克思主义者和女权主义者吗?爸爸也一直都是拉什·林博那样的共和党人吗?
Was the mom always Marxist, feminist, and was the the the dad always like a Rush Limbaugh Republican?
是的。
Yep.
他们是怎么相爱的?
How did they fall in love?
他们是怎么在一起的?
How did
怎么会这样?
all that happen?
没有。
Didn't.
我是意外怀上的。
I was an accident.
哦,所以他们只是一时冲动。
Oh, so they just fall in lust.
是的。
Yes.
我就像个意外宝宝,我爸爸说,当他看到我的时候,他就想,好吧,我不要别人了。
I was like an oops baby, and my dad said that when he saw me, he was like, well, I don't want anybody else.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,这对我来说是唯一重要的事,所以我一定要让它成功。
Like, this is the only thing that matters to me, so I'm gonna make this work.
他尽力了。
And he tried his best.
他们怎么可能会因为如此截然不同的意识形态走到一起的?
How did they even hook up with such radically different ideologies?
我觉得他们在一起的时候根本没谈过那种事。
I don't think they were talking about that sort of thing when they got together.
他们可能只是在酒吧里闲逛。
They were probably hanging out at a bar.
不是。
No.
所以他们其实并不太了解对方。
So they didn't really know each other very well.
不太了解。
Not really.
不。
No.
他们差不多就是,在同一个地方工作,在职场相遇,然后发生了一段短暂的恋情,接着我就出生了。
They were kinda like, they worked in the same place and met at work and then had, like, a fling, and then I was born.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
所以我父母离异了。
So I had divorced parents.
对。
Yeah.
那段时间真的很难熬,因为我妈妈特别讨厌我爸爸。
It was it was really rough because my mother, like, hated my dad.
她从来不会告诉我他做错了什么。
Could never tell you anything he did wrong.
是的。
Yeah.
他就像是个邪恶的白人父权主义者,一个糟糕透顶的共和党人。
It was just like, he's a evil white patriarchist, bad bad Republican man.
我最早的记忆之一就是他们为了1988年布什对杜卡基斯的选举而争吵,甚至威胁要把对方锁在家里,好阻止对方投票之类的事。
One of my earliest memories is them fighting over the Bush Dukakis election in '88 and, like, threatening to lock each other in the house so that the one can cancel the other one's vote and stuff.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道。
I know.
挺有趣的。
Fun.
那确实挺有趣的。
It was fun.
这事儿是在基蒂·杜卡基斯喝漱口水之前还是之后?
Was this before after Kitty Dukakis drank mouthwash?
或者她喝了什么?
Or what did she drink?
她喝了类似的东西。
She drank something like that.
想想。
Think
所以。
so.
剃须水或漱口水,想喝醉。
Aftershave or mouthwash to try to get drunk.
是的。
Yeah.
选举的压力一定疯狂到极点。
Would the pressure of the election must have been so insane.
而且那时候还没有社交媒体。
And this is pre social media.
对吧?
Right?
这位女士当时已经深受酗酒困扰,我认为她曾因饮用某种非饮品而住院。
This lady was already struggling with, like, alcoholism, and I think she was hospitalized for drinking something that was not a drink.
那我们能查出那到底是什么吗?
Well, can we find out what that was?
这真的太疯狂了。
It was really crazy.
对吧?
Right?
你还记得吗
Remember do you remember
吗?
that?
我只记得那场选举简直太疯狂了,尤其是民主党和共和党之间的对抗,那时候的民主党还更像现在的共和党。
I just remember that whole election being pretty nuts, like, as far as, like, the Democrats versus Repo and this was when Democrats were more like how Republicans are right now.
他们并没有那么麻烦。
They weren't, like, too burdensome.
骑着坦克装成一个热爱战争的硬汉。
Riding a tank to make everybody think he was, like, a pro war tough guy.
记得吗?
Remember that?
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我记得他说过‘读我的嘴唇,不加新税’之类的话。
And I remember read my lips, no new taxes, and all that stuff.
所以,小时候我就一直经历这些,我觉得从那时起,我的大脑就已经在思考这类事情了。
So, like, I I had this going on, like, as a kid, so I think my brain was already thinking about this sort of stuff from the time I was little.
外用酒精。
Rubbing alcohol.
哦。
Oh.
嘿。
Yo.
太疯狂了。
That's crazy.
指甲油去除剂。
Nail polish remover.
天哪。
Oh my god.
她喝了指甲油去除剂?
She drank nail polish remover?
我的天。
Holy shit.
她就不能像普通人一样闻闻油漆吗。
She couldn't just huff paint like normal person.
她公开谈论自己与酒精和苯丙胺成瘾的斗争,以减少对这些问题的污名化,后来在她的书中详细描述了这些经历。
Very open about her struggles with alcohol and addiction to amphetamines to reduce the stigma surrounding these issues, later detailing these experiences in her books.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我的父母因为这件事差点要杀了对方。
So my parents were, like, ready to kill each other over that.
他们就在那之后立刻离婚了。
And so they divorced right right after that.
他们离婚后,我就轮流和爸爸、妈妈一起生活,经历了两种完全不同的现实和世界观。
They divorced, and so I'd spend time with dad, and I'd spend time with mom, and I had two completely different realities and worldviews.
我认为在这种环境中长大,你会努力分辨什么是真实的。
And I think growing up like that, you're trying to sort out what's true.
你会试图弄清楚,妈妈说的世界观有没有道理,爸爸说的世界观有没有道理?
You're trying to figure out, like, is there any merit to what mom's saying the world is or any merit to what dad's saying the world is?
我觉得我爸更有说服力,也更擅长把我拉向他的方向,因为我从来就没真正接受过。
And I think dad was more persuasive and and better at pulling me his direction because I never really absorbed.
我觉得马克思主义就是装模作样,很蠢。
Like, I always thought Marxism was, you know, faking gay and stupid.
我根本就没信过那一套。
I just never bought into it at all.
那你小时候为什么会这么想?
Why at an early age did you think that?
因为我早就看到,我们并不是生来就平等,也不是每个人都拥有相同的东西,有些人确实更努力。
Because I already had seen that, you know, we're not all born equal with equal things, and some people work much harder.
有些人天生就有天赋和才能。
Some people have natural gifts and talents.
我妈妈在家里经常会说一些话,比如‘各尽所能,按需分配’。
And to think that because my mother would literally say stuff in the house like, from, you know, from each person according to their ability to each person according to their need.
就连在学校里,做小组项目时,大家都想跟我一组,因为我是个聪明的孩子,能把作业做完。
And I was like, even when I do that in class, like, if there's a group project, everybody wants me on their team because I'm the smart kid who's gonna do the homework.
最后所有事情都我来做,但别人都得了A,尽管我做了全部工作。
I end up doing everything, and everybody else gets the a even though I did everything.
所以我是
So I
就是那些特别支持社会主义的人。
was like are the people that are really into socialism.
是的。
Yes.
人们
People
做事情敷衍了事。
that half assed stuff.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yeah.
所以,从小我就注意到,不对。
And so, like, from being a little kid, I even noticed, like, no.
事情并不平等,也不总是公平的,这取决于你的天赋和能力,以及你如何运用这些天赋,因为有很多人,比如我母亲,非常有才华,是个极其聪明的人,但她情绪上非常混乱。
Things aren't equal, and things aren't always fair, and it depends on, you know, your natural skills and abilities, and then what you do with those things because there's lots of people like, my mother was super talented, really intelligent person, but she was so, like, emotionally chaotic.
她从未将这些才能真正用于任何事情。
She never applied them to anything.
她从未真正取得任何成就或做出什么成绩。
She never really got anywhere or did anything.
她有着对自己应该拥有的生活的宏大梦想,却从未真正实现,因为。
She had big dreams of what she thought she should have and and never really got there because Yeah.
她情绪极不稳定,相当混乱。
She was so, like, emotionally unregulated and kinda chaotic.
所以我只是看到了,不对。
So I just kinda saw that, no.
并不存在一种方式,能简单地平衡一切,让每个人都能平等。
There's not this, like, thing where you can just even the playing field and make it all equal for everyone.
事情不是这样的。
That's not how it works.
还有一种情况,如果你被马克思主义这样的意识形态束缚住了,只要你持这种信仰,就会一直与整个世界处于斗争之中,是的。
There's also a thing that if you're locked up in something like Marxism, you you if that's your ideology, you're in this constant struggle with the rest of the world all the time Yes.
你总是想把它扭曲成符合你意识形态的样子。
Where you wanna bend it to your ideology.
你想要改变它。
You wanna change it.
所以,即使你非常聪明,你的日常心态也是斗争。
And so even if you're a very intelligent person, your daily mindset is struggle.
你的日常心态是冲突和存在危机。
Your daily mindset is conflict and existential crisis.
你知道,人们
Like, you know, people
正是如此,这就是摆在面前的图景
is exactly that was that was the picture that was laid in front
我。
of me.
是的。
Yeah.
这太
It's such
可惜了。
a shame.
爸爸的家,他离婚后开了家公司,一直在拼命打拼。
Dad's house, and he's like, he started a business after the divorce, and he's like hustling.
他每天工作十二到十四个小时。
He's working twelve to fourteen hour days.
他竭尽全力让一切运转起来。
He's doing everything he can to make it work.
他从不抱怨。
He's not complaining.
他就觉得,这就是你必须做的事。
He's just like, this is what you gotta do.
如果你想成功,如果你想做自己的事,证明你确实擅长你所从事的,你就得去竞争。
If you wanna make it, if you wanna, you know, do your own thing and prove that, you know, you're good at what you do, you have to compete.
你得走出去。
You have to get out there.
你得努力工作。
You have to work hard.
为什么要抱怨呢?
Why complain about it?
而我妈妈的整个世界都变得充满苦涩和怨恨,因为她总觉得:我本该得到这些。
And then my mom's whole world was she ended up being very bitter and resentful because it was like this view of, but I deserved this.
本该是我。
That should have been me.
我因为各种原因失去了这一切。
I got robbed of it because whatever reason.
而且经常我觉得,如果我更漂亮一点,工作上的男人就会给我加薪,就像办公室里那个女的那样。
And often it was like, if I was more attractive, you know, the men at work would have given me a raise if I looked like the other woman in the office or something.
你知道的吧?
You know?
所以她一直带着这种苦涩和怨恨。
So it was like this bitter, resentful.
她简直像是在和整个世界作战。
She was kinda like at war with the world.
所以看到这两点,我的父母都不是完美的。
So seeing those two things neither of my parents are perfect.
谁是完美的呢?
Who is?
谁有完美的父母?
Who has perfect parents?
但对我来说,我更愿意选择在这里努力,因为我有目标,愿意全力以赴,认真生活,弄清楚什么对我重要,然后把所有精力都集中在那上面。
But it was kinda like, I'd rather play over here where there's a purpose for me working hard and giving it my best shot and trying in life and figuring out what's important to me and then tailoring, you know, all my efforts toward that.
我只是觉得拥有一个家庭太棒了。
And I just thought that having a family was so cool.
我想拥有我未曾拥有的家庭。
And I wanted to have the family I didn't have.
所以我有一个梦想,那就是结婚、生子,组建一个完整的家庭,创造一个让孩子能健康成长的地方,远离我曾经经历的尖叫、争吵和混乱,也远离如今许多孩子所面临的困境。
So I I had this dream of, like, getting married, having kids, having an intact family, and making it like a place where kids can grow up without all the screaming and yelling and chaos that I had and that a lot of kids have nowadays.
我没有上大学。
So didn't go to college.
我拿到了全额奖学金,但我没有去,所有人都觉得这简直是天塌了。
I had a full ride scholarship, and I didn't go, which everybody thought was the end of the world.
你怎么能这么做呢?
It was like, how could you do that?
你的人生完了。
Your life is over.
你永远都不会有出息了。
You'll never be anything.
我当时就想,走着瞧吧。
And I was kinda like, we'll see.
你知道的。
You know?
在如今信息如此发达的情况下,我们却坚信只有通过正规机构才能接受教育,这真的很奇怪。
It is very weird that we're convinced that the only way to get educated is by an official institution with all the information that's available now.
我的意思是,即使在那时候,这正是《心灵捕手》的整个前提。
I mean, even back then, like, that's the whole premise of Goodwill Hunting.
你完全可以从公共图书馆变得非常聪明。
Like, you can get very smart from a public library.
你真的不需要它,因为书籍对每个人都是开放的。
You really don't need it's just the books are available for everyone.
如果你去追寻,信息对每个人都是可得的。
The information's available for everyone if you chase it down.
并不是只有上过大学的人才能获得知识。
It's not like the only people that get any information are the ones who go to these colleges.
这是教育领域最大的谎言之一,认为我们可以让每个人都能接受教育。
It's one of the biggest lies that education like, we can just educate everyone.
问题在于我们并没有接受足够的教育。
The problem is we're not educated enough.
如果每个人都能充分获得教育,每个人都会变得聪明,都会过得很好。
And if everyone had enough access to education, everyone would be intelligent, everyone would be thriving.
互联网某种程度上已经证明了这一点。
It's like the Internet's kinda proved this.
我有一位老师。
I had a teacher.
这并不是信息匮乏的问题。
It's not an information problem.
对吧?
Right?
我高中时有一位老师说过一句话。
I had a teacher in high school that said something.
我不确定这是不是他的原话,还是他在转述别人的话,但他说过,教育是让你在没有智慧的情况下也能过得去的东西,而智慧是让你在没有教育的情况下也能过得去的东西。
I don't know if this is his quote or he was quoting someone else, but he said, education is something that allows you to get along without intelligence, and intelligence is something that allows you to get along without education.
我喜欢这句话。
I like that.
这挺好的。
That's pretty good.
我当时就想,哦,我明白了。
And I was like, oh, I get it.
有些人就是对某些事情特别愚钝。
There's there's certain people that are just dumb at certain things.
比如,我记得曾经和一些聪明人在一起,他们却完全不懂汽车是怎么工作的。
Like, I remember being around intelligent people that had no knowledge of how a car worked, of any of the workings of a car.
你会说,哦,那是以前火花塞的时代了。
You would tell well, this is back in, like, spark plug days.
你会跟他们解释,比如,你的火花塞电缆松了。
You'd explain to them, like, oh, one of the cables for your spark plug got loose.
你只有五个气缸在工作。
You're only firing on five cylinders.
那六个气缸全都不行,这就是为什么车子会这么抖。
Those six the whole six is not that's why it's, like, shaking like that.
谁?
Who?
是的。
Yeah.
谁?
Who?
如果换成别的事,比如经济,或者政治流程,这家伙会觉得对方是个傻子。
Like, if that if it was anything else, if you're talking about the economy, if you're talking about the political process, that guy would think the other guy was a moron.
但现在这个家伙却觉得自己是个傻子。
But now this guy thinks he's a moron.
我记得上汽车维修课的时候,想着,智力的类型其实有很多种。
I remember, like, being, like, auto shop class going, there's a lot of different kinds of intelligence.
我们只是做了一件奇怪的事,就是把人分类,认为你必须上特定的学校。
We've just done this weird thing where we've categorized, like, you have to go to specific schools.
你必须得拿个学位。
You have to go to the you gotta get a degree.
每个人都想上常春藤盟校。
Everybody wanted to go to Ivy League schools.
我住在波士顿。
I lived in Boston.
这当时非常重要。
It was, like, very important.
你接受过高等教育吗?
Did you get a higher education?
你努力让所有人都感到骄傲,但他们全都过得不开心。
You you go on to make everybody proud, and they were all fucking miserable.
我爸爸曾经对我说过这样的话。
Well, my dad said this to me.
他是唯一一个在我毕业时,我对他说我不想上大学继续这条路的人。
He was the only person that when I graduated, I said, I don't think I wanna go to college for this.
我觉得那不是我想做的事。
I don't think that's what I wanna do.
当我想到未来从事相关职业时,我根本提不起兴趣。
Like, any of the things I'm looking at when I think about, like, having a career in in that thing, I'm not very excited about it.
我一点都不会觉得兴奋,想去干这个。
I don't I don't get, like, oh, hyped up to go do this.
我当时就想,我其实只是想,也许有一天吧,但我特别希望将来能有一堆孩子之类的。
I was like, I really just kinda wanna you know, maybe someday, but I would love to have a bunch of kids and stuff.
我爸爸说,我办公室里很多人都是有学位的,他们都有工作。
And my dad was like, you know, a lot of the people in my office have degrees and, you know, they have careers.
其中一些人过得非常不开心。
Some And of them are very miserable people.
所以如果你不想走这条路,他告诉我,你随时都可以以后再决定。
So if you don't wanna do that he's like, you could always decide to go later.
所以我跟大家商量了一下,
So I was like, I'll I kind of, like, bargained with everyone.
我就说,我先试一年吧。
I was like, I'm just gonna give it a year.
你知道的。
You know?
你也试试看。
Do that too.
是的。
Yeah.
如果一年后,我没上高中却想上大学了,那我就去。
And if it you know, if I feel like I wanna go to college after a year of no high school, then I'll go.
你知道的,我仍然可以这么做。
You know, I could still do it.
但我20岁的时候生了孩子,这又像是天塌了一样。
But I ended up having a baby at 20, which again was the end of the world.
天哪,蕾切尔。
Oh my god, Rachel.
你的生活完了。
Your life is over.
你什么都成不了。
You'll never be anything.
你什么都做不成。
You'll never do anything.
对你来说一切都结束了。
It's over for you.
这真是个悲剧。
It's such a tragedy.
它被当成一件可怕的事情一样对待。
It was like treated like this horrible thing.
但我却觉得这很棒。
And I thought it was great.
当我有了她之后,我当时的工作对我而言就完全不再重要了。
And when I had her, the job that I had did not matter to me anymore at all.
那看起来太愚蠢了。
It seemed so stupid.
就像任何人都可以去做,我当时是个美发师。
It was like anybody can go I was a hairstylist at the time.
任何人都可以去剪头发。
Anybody can go do haircuts.
别人可以给黛比剪头发,但只有我能当她的妈妈。
Someone else can cut Debbie's hair, but only I can be her mom.
我想做这件事。
I wanna do that.
所有人都告诉我,你得回去工作。
And everybody was telling me, you have to go back to work.
你得回去工作。
You have to go back to work.
我们现在就是这样做的。
That's what we do now.
孩子出生两周后,你就得回去上班。
Two weeks after the baby's born, you gotta go back to work.
你需要钱。
You need the money.
你需要保障。
You need the security.
你需要收入。
You need the income.
我环顾四周,心想这太疯狂了。
And I looked around and thought, this is insane.
到底是谁设计出这套系统的?
Like, who came up with this system?
因为我竟然要在孩子才两周大的时候把她送走,让一个根本不了解、不在乎、也不像我那样爱她的人整天照顾她。
Because I am going to go drop her off at two weeks old and let some lady who doesn't know or care about or love my baby the way that I do take care of her all day long.
你知道吗,算上通勤时间,我每天要离开她九个到九个半小时。
You know, if you factor in the commute, it's like nine, nine and a half hours that I'm away from her.
等我回到家,给她喂饭、洗澡,就已经该睡觉了,一天就这么结束了。
By the time I get home and feed her and give her a bath, it'll be bedtime, and that'll be it.
我一整天可能只有两个小时能和我的宝宝待在一起。
I'll get, like, maybe two hours with my baby all day.
你知道吧?
You know?
我还得把赚的一半钱付给一个陌生人,让他们来养我的孩子。
And I get to pay half of what I make to this other random person to raise my child.
这主意是谁想出来的?
Who came up with this?
这太荒谬了。
This is stupid.
而且我还得交税。
And I have to pay taxes.
你知道吧?
You know?
而且我还得再买一辆车,买保险,置办一套上班穿的衣服。
And I have to have a second vehicle and insurance and a work wardrobe.
我当时就想,这真是最低效、最愚蠢的系统,可我身边所有人都觉得这挺好。
And I just thought, this is the most inefficient, stupid system, and everyone around me is like, this is this is good.
这就是我们每个人都该做的。
This is what we all need to do.
就连那些基督教保守派的女性朋友和家人也说,你可别依赖男人,不然你会被虐待。
Even the, like, Christian conservative women that were friends and family members were like, well, you don't wanna depend on a man because then you're gonna get abused.
他们用各种恐吓让我觉得待在家里带孩子是天大的坏事。
They they fear mongered me to death about staying home with my kids.
那时候,这还是我高中时的男朋友,我第一个孩子就是和他生的。
And at the time, this was my high school boyfriend who I had my first child with.
因为当时我有点自由意志主义倾向,而我父母那时都已经离过好几次婚了。
Because I was kind of a libertarian at this stage, and both my parents at this point, my parents have multiple divorces between the two of them.
我一直都知道。
And I always I know.
我总是听说,婚姻只是一张纸。
I always heard, oh, marriage is just a piece of paper.
真正重要的是你们彼此相爱,诸如此类。
What really matters is that you love each other and that sort of thing.
我从小时候就认识这个家伙。
And I'd known this guy since we were kids.
我们认识彼此很久了。
We we'd known each other forever.
我们在一起很久了。
We'd been together for a long time.
所以我觉得这很棒。
So I thought this was great.
我的目标是,让我们达到我可以全职当妈妈的阶段。
And my goal was, let's get us to the point where I can stay home and be like a full time mom.
他当时有些事情在发生。
And he had stuff going on.
结果没成。
It did not work out.
他离开了。
He took off.
太打击人了。
Devastating.
太糟糕了。
Horrible.
对我来说太惨了。
Terrible for me.
没有大吵大闹。
No big fights.
没有出轨。
No cheating.
没有那种事。
Nothing like that.
你知道的,他是个低调的人,所以我并不想透露他的私事。
You know, he's a private person, so I don't wanna tell his business.
但他有自己的个人事情要处理,然后就离开了。
But he had his own personal things going on and left.
然后又回到了你懂的,我得去工作,做个职场妈妈,而我不喜欢那样。
And it was back to you know, I had to work and be a working mom, and I didn't like that.
我仍然觉得这里有问题,但我还没真正去思考过,我们是从哪里得来‘女性必须工作’这种观念的?
And I still thought that there was something wrong here, but I hadn't really, like, looked into where do we get this idea that women must be working?
比如,我奶奶就不工作。
Like, my grandma didn't work.
顺便说一句,愿她安息。
Bless her soul, by the way.
我奶奶今年4月1日就要满一百岁了,她还健在。
She is gonna be turning a 100 April 1, my grandma, who's still with us.
她可能是我最大的依靠,也是我尽管在混乱的家庭中长大却还能保持正常的原因,因为她非常稳重,是个善良的基督徒女士,只上过八年学,但她什么都会做。
And she's probably my ace in the hole and the reason I kinda turned out normal despite my chaotic family upbringing because she was super grounded, nice Christian lady, only an eighth grade education, but she knew how to do everything.
她会回去拔鸡毛,煮好当晚餐,把园子里的菜都腌起来,保存所有食物。
She'd go back and, like, pluck a chicken, cook it up for dinner, can everything in the garden, preserve all the food.
她早上八点之前完成的事,比地球上大多数人都要多。
She had more done by 8AM than most human beings on earth.
所以,我有祖母作为支柱,真正帮助我度过这些难关。
So I had, like, grandma as a pillar to really help me through this stuff.
向祖母致敬。
So shout out grandma.
这其实就是工作。
Which is work.
是的。
Yeah.
这是家务活。
It's housework.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
是的
Yeah.
对
Yeah.
这其实非常重要
Which is like really important.
事情必须得做完
Like, it has to get done.
是的
Yeah.
大多数人觉得别人应该做这些事
And most people think someone else should do that.
对
Yeah.
我需要在办公室里
I need to be in an office.
是的。
Yeah.
这是给那些低薪的打工人做的。
This is for wageies, like low low paid wagey people to do.
我需要做些重要的事情。
I need to be doing something important.
但是
But
我一直觉得她非常重要。
I always thought she was really important.
她对我来说特别重要,因为当我的父母忙自己的事时,我总是被送到奶奶家。
She was super important to me because when, you know, my parents were off doing whatever they were doing, I'd always get dumped at grandma's.
所以我成长过程中和她待了很长时间。
So I spent a ton of time with her growing up.
她充满智慧。
And she was full of wisdom.
就像我说的,她什么都会做。
And like I said, she knew how to do everything.
她的动手能力简直了。
Like, her practical skills were crazy.
她什么都能做。
She can cook anything.
她什么都能打扫干净。
She can clean anything.
她会罐装和保存食物。
She can can and preserve food.
她成长于大萧条时期。
She grew up during the Great Depression.
她出生于1928年。
She was born in 1928.
哦,天哪。
Oh, wow.
是的
Yeah.
而且她确实经历了不少事情。
And she's she had been through some stuff.
比如,她丈夫死于癌症。
Like, she lost her husband to cancer.
她女儿死于肾病。
She lost her daughter to kidney disease.
她真的经历了很多。
Like, she had been through it.
所以她有很多很好的建议和智慧。
So she had a lot of, like, good advice and wisdom.
她总是说,真希望我像你一样聪明。
And she'd always say, oh, I wish I was smart like you.
真希望我像你一样聪明,能去上学什么的。
I wish I was smart like you, and I could go to school and stuff like that.
但我心想,奶奶,你是唯一一个知道自己在做什么的人。
But I thought, grandma, you're the only person that knows what the hell they're doing.
你是我世界里唯一一个
You're the only person in my world who
嗯,草
Well, the grass
总是更绿。
is always greener.
是的。
Yeah.
草总是更绿。
The grass is always greener.
你知道吗?
You know?
当你看到一位进入职场且非常聪明的女性时,你会想,哦,她会有一番事业。
When you're looking at a a woman that's entering into the workforce who's really intelligent, you start thinking, oh, she's gonna have a career.
是的。
Yeah.
而且她总有一天会成为首席执行官。
And she's gonna be a CEO someday.
是的。
Yeah.
每个人都会尊重她。
Everyone's gonna respect her.
与此同时,那个人却在吃药、有自杀倾向、睡不着觉,而且
Meanwhile, that person's on pills and suicidal and can't sleep and
嗯,这就是生活。
Well, we it's life.
我们会谈到这个。
We're gonna get into that.
我们肯定会谈到,这对女性来说结果如何。
We're gonna get into, I'm sure, like, how it's turned out for women.
是的。
Yeah.
推动她们进入职场,告诉她们可以兼顾一切,以及她们是如何应对的。
Pushing them into the workforce, telling them they can have it all, and how they're dealing with that.
但我并没有很好地应对。
But I didn't I didn't deal with it well.
我在工作时,总觉得应该在家,想念孩子,觉得自己在家庭方面彻底失败了。
When I was at work, I felt like I should be at home and I was missing my kids and like I was really failing on the home front.
而当我在家时,又觉得应该为工作付出更多,始终感到被撕裂——我从几乎所有有孩子又有工作的女性那里都听到过这种感受,是的。
And when I was at home, I felt like I should be giving more to work and I felt constantly torn and that's something I hear from pretty much every woman I talk to who has kids and a job Yeah.
这真的很难,你总觉得自己无法充分兼顾两方面。
That it's really tough, that you always feel like you're not able to give enough to each thing.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你不可能一直把自己摊得这么薄,我认为这种建议是错误的。
You just can't spread yourself that thin all the time, and I think it's bad advice.
我认为我们给女性的建议是反向的。
I think we give women backwards advice.
我认为我们告诉她们:用你所有的生育年华、整个青春去建立事业,上学、打拼事业。
I think we tell them, spend all your fertile years, all your youth building a career, going to school and building a career.
等你到了三十岁、三十五岁左右,事业已经打下基础,那时再考虑结婚生子。
Then by the time you're like 30, 35, and you're you've got all that established, then you can think about getting married and having kids.
但到那时,你最好赶紧找个人,马上行动,因为你只剩下几年时间了。
Well, by then, you better find somebody quick and get on it because you got a a handful of years left.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,你可能还需要做试管婴儿和其他各种辅助手段。
You know, and you might need IVF and all these other things.
很多女性都在挣扎,而这恰恰是没人愿意谈论的话题。
And a lot of women struggle, and it's one of the it's actually nobody wants to talk about this.
这是每个人都还没准备好面对的对话。
This is the conversation no one's ready for.
女性接受高等教育是全球范围内生育率下降的最主要相关因素,无论经济、种族、文化或社会地位如何。
Women's access to higher education is the number one correlate around the world regardless of economics, race, culture, status, anything to falling birth rates.
哇。
Wow.
结果发现,当我们不断向年轻女性灌输‘教育、事业、教育、事业’的理念时。
So it turns out that when you push young women that it's education, career, education, career.
为什么呢?
Because why?
我们为什么要这样告诉她们?
Why do we tell them that?
否则,你就得依赖男人,而他会虐待你。
Otherwise, you're at the mercy of a man, and he'll abuse you.
他会占你便宜。
He'll take advantage.
他知道你依赖他,所以你必须这么做。
He knows that you depend on him, so you've gotta do that.
如果你感觉有点不对劲,没关系。
If you're feeling a little off, it's okay.
现在是二月。
It's February.
每个人在二月都会有点状态不好。
Everybody feels a little off in February.
天更黑了。
It's darker.
天气更冷了。
It's colder.
你可能已经放弃了一些新年决心,但你不必等到春天才能重新调整自己。
You probably already gave up on some New Year's resolutions, but you don't have to wait till spring to get yourself right again.
这一切都始于对日常习惯做一些小改变,其中之一就是早起。
It all starts with making small changes to your routine, and one of those is a g one.
这并不是什么重大的彻底重启。
It's not some big dramatic reset.
这是你每天早上可以做的一件小事,能在其他一切都乱糟糟的时候保持稳定。
It's one small thing that you could do every morning to keep consistent when everything else is chaos.
一勺,搞定。
One scoop, done.
AG One 能帮助提升你的能量、改善肠道健康,并在阴暗的傍晚为你提供支持。
AG one can help support your energy, your gut health, and can support you through the darker evenings.
它从早到晚为你提供基础性的支持,而这一切都源于获取每日所需的营养。
It gives that foundational support from morning to night, and it all comes down to getting your daily nutrition.
它含有75多种成分,包括抗氧化剂、矿物质、益生菌和功能性蘑菇,有助于支持你的免疫健康和整体健康。
There's more than 75 ingredients, including antioxidants, minerals, probiotics, and functional mushrooms to support your immune health and overall health.
而这正是这一年中它能真正帮上忙的时候。
And this is the time of year when it can really help.
如果你想了解详情,请访问 drinkag1.com/rogan,首次订阅即可在欢迎礼包中免费获得三份 AG One 旅行装、维生素D3加K2以及其他礼品。
If you wanna check it out, go to drinkag1.com/rogan, and you'll get three a g one travel packs, vitamin d three plus k two, and other gifts free in your welcome kit with your first subscription.
网址是 drinkag1.com/rogan。
That's drinkag1.com/rogan.
对于很多人来说,这不也是一个实际的考虑因素吗?
Isn't there also a practical consideration for a lot of people?
因为如今的生活成本与上世纪五十年代或六十年代已经大不相同了。
Because the cost of living is very different now than it was, like, say, the nineteen fifties or the nineteen sixties.
靠一份收入维持生活变得非常困难。
It's very difficult for a
很多人难以
lot of people to get
靠一份收入维持生活。
by on one income.
是的。
Yes.
确实如此。
It is.
但你有没有想过,为什么会这样?
But have you ever asked why that is?
我确实思考过,但我很想听听你的看法
I I have, but I'd love to hear you talk
关于这一点。
about it.
在二十世纪七十年代之前,只有百分之五的学龄儿童母亲在外工作。
So prior to the nineteen seventies, we had five percent of mothers with school age kids working outside the home.
纵观人类历史,即使在工业革命时期,比如17、18世纪、19世纪,还有你提到的四、五十年代,一个人当个清洁工就能养活一家四口。
And for all of human history, even during the industrial revolution, you know, 1718, nineteen hundreds, like you said, in the forties and fifties, you could be as a janitor and support a family and have four kids on one income.
但二十世纪七十年代发生了一些变化,而且再也没变回去。
And something shifted in the nineteen seventies, and it's never shifted back.
所以这不可能是股市表现如何造成的。
So it can't be like how the stock market's doing.
也不可能只是过去五十年里那些其他独立的经济因素发生了变化。
It can't really be like all these other independent economic factors that have shifted and changed and been so different over the course of the last fifty years.
我们真正发生巨大改变的,是推动女性进入大学和劳动力市场。
The one big thing that we changed is we pushed women into college and into the workforce.
到了二十世纪八十年代,女性的劳动力参与率已经与男性持平。
And by the nineteen eighties, they were on par with men in workforce workforce participation.
所以在大约二十年的时间里,我们通过让所有女性进入职场,几乎使劳动力规模翻了一倍,而男性的工资却再也没有恢复过来。
So in the span of about twenty years, we almost doubled the labor force by pushing all the women in, and men's wages have never recovered.
因此,你现在陷入了一个双收入陷阱——即使有些女性想待在家里,即使有些父亲希望妻子能在家照顾孩子,这也变得非常困难。
So now you are stuck in a two income trap where even women who wanna stay home and even dads who would love to have their wife home with their kids, it's really tough.
那么,为什么女性进入职场后,男性的工资没有随着通货膨胀而上涨,反而保持稳定?
So why did women entering the workforce keep men's wages stable or keep them from going up along with the in with the inflation?
这从根本上改变了经济结构。
It really fundamentally changed the economy.
我有个朋友叫艾伦·克莱里,他写了一本关于这个话题的书。
I have a friend named Aaron Clary who wrote a book about the about this.
他分析了一种他称之为以女性为中心的经济模式,这种经济更偏向消费驱动。
It's an analysis of what he calls a female based economy where it's more consumer driven.
女性承担了80%的消费支出。
Women are like responsible for 80% of consumer spending.
现在她们都受过教育并进入就业市场,我们有了更多像人力资源部门、心理学、社会学这样的领域。
And now that they're all educated and in the job market, we have a lot more of things like HR departments, psychology, sociology.
经济已经从制造业和生产这类男性主导的行业,转向了大量女性从大学毕业后进入的领域,你知道她们都学什么专业吗?
Like the economy shifted away from being like manufacturing and production and more male dominated things to we have all these women coming out of university and, you know, they what do they get degrees in?
我认为80%的心理学学位都是由女性获得的。
I think 80% of psychology degrees are earned by women.
尽管我们大力推动女性进入STEM领域,但她们在STEM学位中可能仍只占20%左右。
And then despite all our efforts to push women into STEM, they're still like maybe 20% of STEM degrees.
于是我们有了这么多受过高等教育的女性,以及大量类似办公室工作、人力资源工作、社交媒体经理这样的‘软性’岗位。
So we have all these very educated women, and we have a lot of kind of fluffy jobs like office jobs, HR jobs, social media managers.
大多数女性从事的仍然是她们过去在家中做的那些事情。
Mostly women do a lot of the same things they used to do in the home.
她们是护士、幼儿教育者、零售员工、厨师、家政人员。
So they're nurses, they're early childhood educators, they're retail workers, they're cooks, they're housekeepers.
她们在做许多过去一直在做的工作,这些工作被马克思主义女权主义者称为无偿劳动。
They're doing a lot of the stuff they used to do, which the Marxist feminist called unpaid labor.
对吧?
Right?
这就是所谓女性无偿劳动的迷思。
This is the myth of women's unpaid labor.
所以,过去我们为自己家庭做的一切——打扫自己的房子、教育自己的孩子、为家人做饭,也许还要为无法做饭的父母或祖父母做饭,还有文书工作、为丈夫的生意记账等等——现在这些事情我们都在为公司做。
So instead of cleaning your own house, educating your own children, cooking meals for your family, maybe for your your parents or grandparents who can't cook for themselves, all the things we used to do for our own family, clerical work, bookkeeping for your husband's business, things like that, we're doing those things for corporations.
而这在某种程度上是刻意为之的。
So that and and this was kinda by design.
这本书的很多内容都在讲,推动女权主义的那些人,并不是因为女性受压迫,或者他们真的关心女性的地位。
A lot of the book is about the fact that there were people who pushed feminism and it wasn't because women were oppressed and they cared about the position of women necessarily.
推动第十九修正案、进步主义和女权主义的,正是那些起草联邦储备法案、提出所得税制度、设计义务教育体系的同一批人。
It's because the same people who pushed, the nineteenth amendment and pushed progressivism and feminism were the same people who drafted the federal reserve legislation, came up with the income tax, came up with the compulsory education system.
尤其是在马克思主义者看来,他们推动女权主义是因为他们认为,如果我们能把母亲和女性推入劳动力市场,就能使劳动力规模翻倍——全世界无产者联合起来。
And especially on the Marxist side, they they pushed feminism because they said if we can push mothers and women into the workforce and we double the workforce, workers of the world unite.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I'm saying?
所以我们拥有庞大的劳动力,通过大学体系,我们可以某种程度上向年轻女性灌输社会主义和马克思主义思想,因为她们本来就倾向于这些理念。
So it's like we have this huge workforce, and through the university systems, we can kind of propagandize the young women to be socialist and to be Marxist because they kinda tend that way anyway.
女性的思维方式本质上就是集体主义的,这有其原因。
The way that women's brains work is very like communitarian for a reason.
我们是母亲。
We're moms.
你知道的吧?
You know?
所以很容易将她们激进化,这可不是我的个人观点。
So it's very easy to radicalize, and this isn't my opinion.
你可以去书里看看,只要读一读这些人的著作,他们自己就说得很清楚。
Like, go over in the book how you can just read the writings of these people, and they tell you.
奥古斯特·巴贝尔、亚历山大·科兰蒂、玛格丽特·富勒,这些19世纪早期的作家们都说过,我们必须把女性从家庭中拉出来,远离母亲的角色,把她们推入职场,这样我们才能对她们进行政治动员。
August Babel, Alexander Colanty, Margaret Fuller, like all these early eighteen hundreds writers were saying, we need to get women away from the home and away from being mothers and push them into the workplace because then we can politicize them.
我们可以促使她们成为革命者。
We can motivate them into becoming revolutionaries.
这就是我们如何获得足够的人数来让这件事运作起来。
And that's how we'll get the numbers to make this work.
哇哦。
Wow.
是的。
Yeah.
所以现在,你不再待在家里照顾孩子和为家庭、社区做这些事,而是为一家公司做这些事。
So now instead of staying home with your kids and doing all these things for your family, for your community, you're doing them for a corporation.
你缴纳所得税。
You're paying income tax.
你还要缴纳所有与在外工作相关的其他税款,比如汽油税,因为你上下班要开车,还有工资税,诸如此类的所有费用。
You're paying all the other taxes associated with having to work outside the home, gas tax because you're driving back and forth to work, payroll taxes, all that kind of stuff.
而你整天都远离孩子,他们去哪儿了?
And you are away from your kids all day, where do they go?
他们去公立学校,而公立学校系统则可以向他们灌输应该有什么价值观,应该有什么世界观,而不是由父母来决定。
They go to public schools where the public school system then can dictate to them what the values should be, how you know, the what the world view should be instead of the parents.
嘿。
Hoy.
是的。
Yeah.
这真让人深思。
It just makes you wonder.
就像,文化发生了这么多巨大的转变,让你不禁想知道,如果这些从未发生,我们会是什么样子?
Like, there there's all these giant shifts in culture, and it makes you wonder what what would we look like if that had never taken place?
嗯,你问到我为什么开始写这个话题了。
Well, that's so you asked, like, how why did I start writing about this?
这就是原因。
That's why.
因为我曾经有过一个瞬间,意识到女权主义远远领先。
Because I had, like, an moment where I realized feminism is far and away.
简直没得比。
Like, it's not even close.
这是人类历史上规模最大的社会革命,而且发生在短短一个世纪之内。
It's the biggest social revolution in all of human history, and it happened in one century.
我们推翻了以往所有文明中长期存在的整个社会秩序,在一个世纪内将其彻底颠覆并彻底改变。
We took the whole social order that was in every culture around the world for all of the rest of time that's recorded, and we flipped it upside down and completely changed it in one century.
如今,你生活的方方面面都因女权主义而不同,而你甚至都没有意识到这些变化。
Everything about your life is different now because of feminism in ways that you don't even think about.
比如,你在职场中的行为方式、法律制度的运作、教育体系的运行——生活中每一件事都因女权主义以及推动女性平等这一模式而发生了连锁变化,但其实这根本不是真正的平等。
You know, the way that you act in the workplace, the the way that legislation works, the way that school systems work, like every single thing about life has changed as a downstream result of feminism and pushing this model of women's equality, which it's really not.
这根本不是关于平等。
It's really not about equality.
你只要去读一读第一波女权主义者的原始文献,每个人都会以为第一波只是……哦,她们只是想要一些权利。
And all you have to do is read all the first everybody thinks first wave was just, oh, they just wanted rights.
她们只是想要那么一点点权利。
They just wanted a few rights.
那已经很好了。
That was good.
你知道吗?
You know?
普通人会说,是的。
And the average person would say, yeah.
我觉得那很好。
I I think that that was good.
但他们不知道真实的历史。
But that's because they don't know the real history.
他们不知道真实历史的原因是,当性别研究和女性研究在二十世纪六十年代末由福特基金会联合洛克菲勒家族和卡内基家族创立时,他们彻底重写了女性获得选举权的历史。
And the reason they don't know the real history is because when they invented gender studies and women's studies, which were created by the Ford Foundation with some help from the Rockefellers and the Carnegies in the late sixties, they literally rewrote the history of how women's suffrage happened.
有一位名叫约瑟夫·米勒的教授,他研究了西方大学普遍使用的十二本主要女性历史教材。
So there's a professor named Joseph Miller who did an examination of 12 the main 12 textbooks that are most commonly used in all the Western universities to teach women's history.
他甚至不是右翼人士。
And he's not even like a right winger.
他只是一位自由派大学教授。
He's like a liberal college professor.
但当他仔细研究这12本教材,并与原始资料——比如报纸文章、女权主义者自己的著作、女权主义者与反女权主义者之间的公开辩论,以及数量远超支持者团体的反女权主义团体的全部文献——进行对比时,他发现这些教材刻意遗漏了大量真实发生的事情,或者故意曲解了历史真相,目的就是为了把女权主义包装成与它真实面貌截然不同的东西。
But when he looked and examined those 12 textbooks and compared them to the actual writings, you know, newspaper articles, writings of feminists themselves, public debates held between suffragists and anti suffragists, all of the writings of anti suffragist groups, which far outnumbered pro suffragist groups, he found that they left out huge chunks of what really happened or intentionally misrepresented what actually happened on purpose to kind of sell feminism as something different than what it what it really was.
那么他们遗漏了什么?
So what did they leave out?
他们最核心遗漏的一点是:女性并不想要女性解放。
So the most important thing they left out was that women did not want women's liberation.
什么?
They What?
是的。
Yes.
每个人都假设并相信,这是一场自下而上的运动,十九世纪的女性们环顾四周,意识到:我们被压迫了。
Everybody assumes and believes that it was a grassroots thing that women kinda looked around in the nineteenth century, they went, you know, we're oppressed.
我们没有任何权利。
We don't have any rights.
我真希望能去工作。
I wish I could work.
我真希望能逃离我那个酗酒又打我的混蛋丈夫。
I wish I could get away from my bastard husband who drinks me drinks and beats me.
我需要权利。
I need I need rights.
我需要一个银行账户。
I need a bank account.
我需要信用卡。
I need credit cards.
我想上大学。
I wanna go to university.
她们游行、抗议,直到争取到了投票权和职场平等。
And and they marched and they picketed until they had voting rights and and equality in the workplace.
这就是每个人听到的故事,但完全不对。
That's the story everyone's heard, and it's not correct at all.
事实上,恰恰相反。
It's it's in in fact, it's the opposite.
这真是太荒谬了。
So this is hilarious.
在十九世纪末,支持妇女选举权的团体和反对妇女选举权的团体之间爆发了一场大规模的争论。
When the so we had this big fight in the late eighteen hundreds between pro suffrage groups and anti suffrage groups.
当时在美国和英国,大多数女性如果加入其中一方,实际上更多人加入了反对妇女选举权的团体。
Most women in The United States and England, if they were a member of either, they far outnumbered by joining the anti suffrage groups.
她们强烈反对这项运动。
They were very much against it.
只有极少数女性支持妇女选举权。
It was only a small minority of women who were pro suffrage.
这些团体经常进行公开辩论。
And these groups would debate publicly.
她们会撰写宣传册。
They would write pamphlets.
她们会撰写文章。
They would write tracks.
我们对实际发生的事情有着非常详尽的文字历史记录。
We have a really good written historical record of what actually happened.
而女性并不想要投票权。
And women didn't want it.
她们认为,自己已经拥有许多美好的东西,而投票权会把这些都毁掉。
They thought they thought they had a lot of great things going on already that were gonna get ruined by suffrage.
比如,我们来澄清一些误解。
For example, here's some let's do a little myth busting.
人们以为在第十九条修正案通过之前,女性被剥夺了受教育的机会。
People have this idea that prior to the nineteenth amendment, women were denied an education.
这完全不对。
Completely untrue.
美国最早的一些大学是专门为女性设立的大学、神学院和中学。
Some of the first universities in The United States were exclusively female universities and seminaries and secondary schools.
实际上,女性可能比男性拥有更多受教育的机会,因为男性总是得去田里劳作、下矿井、参军、建设国家基础设施、修铁路。
More women actually probably had the opportunity to go than men because men always had to work in the fields, in the mines, go to war, build the infrastructure of the nation, work on railroads.
你知道的。
You know?
所以人们认为,女性将来要教孩子,所以你应该多接受一点教育。
So women were seen as like, well, you're gonna be teaching the kids, so you should probably do a little extra education.
而吉米和比利则需要和爸爸一起干农活。
Whereas Jimmy and Billy, they need to work the farm with dad.
嗯。
Mhmm.
你知道的。
You know?
所以从来没有任何法律禁止女性接受高等教育。
So there was never any law that prohibited women from higher education.
女权主义者所做的是依赖于框架建构。
What happens what feminists do, they rely on framing.
所以他们会说,因为当时没有男女合校的大学,只有女子大学,而男性有单独的学校,基本上是隔离的,因此她们声称女性没有平等的教育机会。
So they'll say, because there weren't coed universities, because it was women's universities and then men had separate ones, it was mostly segregated, they'll say women didn't have equal access to education.
更好的学校是男子学校吗?
Were the better schools men's schools?
不是。
No.
事实上,我想可以说有一部分是。
In fact, I'd say so I guess you could say some.
有少数常春藤盟校不让女性进入某些专业,但主要是医学类之类的领域。
There were a handful of Ivy League institutions that didn't let women into certain programs, but it was mostly like medical stuff, things like that.
而在第十九条修正案通过之前,这种情况就已经改变了。
And that had already changed before the passage of the nineteenth amendment.
女性早已开始进入常春藤盟校的教育体系,被允许学习生物学并成为医生。
Women were already being led into Ivy League education, being allowed to do biology and and become doctors.
我书中的许多第一波女权主义者都拥有学位和受过教育。
Many of the women in my book who were first wave suffragists had degrees, had educations.
另一个说法是,女性不被允许外出,比如离开家。
The other one is like women weren't allowed to, like, leave the house.
她们不被允许婚外性行为或婚外生子。
They weren't allowed to, you know, sex out of wedlock or children out of wedlock.
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
这太糟糕了。
It was so terrible.
但我的书里大多数四处奔走倡导女性选举权的女性,都曾婚外生子、有婚外情、有多名性伴侣,甚至有些是女同性恋者。
But most of the women in my book who were traveling the world promoting women's suffrage had children out of wedlock, had extramarital affairs, or multiple sex partners, or were even lesbians.
公开的女同性恋者,环游世界,赚钱,发表演讲,撰写宣传册和传单,为选举权运动筹款。
Open lesbians, touring the world, making money, giving speeches, writing pamphlets and tracks, raising money for the suffrage movement.
没有人把她们关进监狱。
Nobody put them in jail.
没有人鞭打她们。
Nobody whipped them.
有没有什么污名呢?
Was there some stigma?
当然。
Sure.
但我认为,你不能说对这些行为的污名化等同于父权制对女性的压迫。
But I don't think that you can argue that stigma against those sort of things equates to oppression of women by the patriarchy.
人们总是这样描述,但事实并非如此。
It's always framed that way, but that's not true.
那么,她们是哪一年通过第十九条修正案的?
So what year did they pass the nineteenth amendment?
第十九条修正案是什么?
And the nineteenth amendment is what
赋予了女性投票权。
gave women 20.
赋予了女性投票权。
That gave women the right to vote.
对吧?
Right?
嗯。
Mhmm.
所以当时有些女性说,我不想要投票权。
So there were women that said, I don't want the right to vote.
是的。
Yes.
事实上,当她们
In fact, when they
为什么即使维持传统家庭生活,你也不想要投票权呢?投票权关乎世界、关乎美国、关乎我们的法律和治理方式。
Why why wouldn't you just want the right to vote even keeping a traditional household, like the right to have a say if it's about the world, it's about The United States, it's about our laws and how we're gonna govern?
对。
Yeah.
让我告诉你她们当时的理由。
So I'll tell you what their reasoning was.
她们说,如果我们投票,就会失去目前享有的许多保护和福利。
They said we're gonna lose a lot of the protection and provision that we currently enjoy.
例如,在19世纪的纽约州,女性结婚时,如果带有自己的钱或遗产,即使丈夫出轨、离家或离婚,他也无权分走这些财产。
So for example, in the state of New York in the eighteen hundreds, as a woman entering a marriage, if you had money, if you had an inheritance that came with you when you got married, if your husband cheated on you or left or divorced you, you he couldn't take any of that.
你的遗产受到保护,不会因为丈夫离开而被他拿走。
Your inheritance was protected from, you know, your husband leaving and taking it.
只有男性才需要对债务负责。
And only men could be held responsible for debt.
当时还有一种被称为‘养家者法律’的制度,由法院执行,是一种系统性的法律。
And there was something called breadwinner laws that the courts it was like a systemic law.
这并不是某一条具体的法律,
It wasn't like one specific law.
而是一整套法律体系,规定:
It was like a whole legal framework that said, look.
女性需要养育孩子、怀孕和生孩子。
Women have to raise kids and be pregnant and have babies.
因此,我们必须让男性承担起为女性和孩子提供经济支持的责任。
So we have to hold men responsible for financially taking care of women and children.
所以女性不会被投入债务人监狱。
So women couldn't be thrown into a debtor's prison.
她们在法律上无需对偿还贷款或类似债务负责。
They couldn't be held legally liable for repaying a loan or anything like that.
她们可以拥有财产。
They could own property.
人们也不相信这一点。
People don't believe that either.
人们认为女性什么财产都不能拥有。
People believe women couldn't own anything.
他们这样说的原因是,一旦结婚,夫妻就被视为一个法律实体。
And the reason they say that is because once you were married, you were considered one legal entity.
但即便如此,在1800年的纽约州,已婚男子若想出售婚后取得的财产,必须获得妻子的书面同意,且法院必须确保她没有受到胁迫。
But even then, a married man in the state of New York in 1800 couldn't sell a property that was owned after he was married without his wife's written consent, and the court had to be assured that she was not being coerced into it.
因此,就连反女权主义者自己也辩称,我们已经拥有想要的一切。
So there were already like, the anti suffragists themselves argued, we kinda have everything we want.
你知道吗,我们实际上已经享有了这个体系的大部分好处,你们不叫它父权制,但我们称之为父权制。
You know, we we have, like, most of the benefits of this, you know, pay they didn't call it a patriarchy, but what we would call a patriarchy.
他们说,我们是这个体系的主要受益者。
They said, we're the primary beneficiaries of this system.
我们有很多保护措施。
We have a lot of protections.
如果让我们平等,我们就会失去这些保护。
And if you make us equal, we're gonna lose those.
比如,如果我们被征召入伍怎么办?
Like, what if we get drafted?
如果我们得去当陪审员,听那些关于谋杀、强奸等可怕细节怎么办?
What if we have to go do jury duty and hear, like, the gruesome details of, like, murders and rapes and things like that.
这会让家庭成员之间彼此对立。
It's going to pit the family against each other.
就因为有了投票权吗?
Just with the right to vote?
是的。
Yeah.
为什么?
Why?
就因为投票权?那为什么呢?
Just with the right to vote because so Why
你们难道不能保留所有这些特权,同时还能参与其中吗?
couldn't you keep all those things and just be able to participate?
可惜的是,他们说对了。
Well, unfortunately, they were right.
一个很好的例子是女性禁酒运动。
So one really good example is the women's temperance movement.
你们还记得禁酒令吗?
You guys remember prohibition.
推动禁酒令的主要是女性。
That was primarily women who pushed for prohibition.
这是妇女禁酒联盟。
It was the women's temperance union.
这就像一场基督教运动,旨在禁止酒精。
It was like a Christian movement to ban alcohol.
当时女性没有投票权,但她们成功推动了禁酒令的通过,这意义重大。
And women didn't have the right to vote, but they got prohibition passed, which was huge.
这简直是一件没人料到会发生的事,而它之所以能实现,很大程度上是因为她们强烈的政治动力。
Like, it was one of those things that nobody thought was even gonna happen, and and it happened largely because of their political motivation.
它之所以成功,是因为她们可以前往国会或参议院说:我们不是一个政治投票团体。
And the reason that it worked is because they could go to congress or they could go to the senate and say, we're not a political voting bloc.
我们拥有道德制高点来要求这些事,因为你们无法收买我们的选票。
We have a moral high ground from which to ask for these things because you can't buy our vote.
你们不能,你知道的,比如用承诺我们想要的东西来诱惑我们投你们的票。
You can't, you know, like, offer us things and kinda seduce us into voting for you based on promising us things that we want.
她们不想失去这种优势,因为她们觉得自己拥有很大的影响力。
And they didn't wanna lose that because they felt like they had a lot of influence.
而她们所预言会发生的事情,那些反选举权人士说,你们会看到很多离婚。
And the things they predicted would happen, they the anti suffragists said, you're gonna see a lot of divorce.
你们会看到家庭破裂,因为这会让丈夫和妻子对立起来,就像我父母那样,你知道,妈妈想投民主党。
You're gonna see broken up families because it's gonna pit husband and wife against each other just like it did with my parents where you've got you know, mom wants to vote for the Democrat.
爸爸想投共和党,或者反过来。
Dad wants to vote for the Republican or vice versa.
现在他们为此争吵不休。
Now they're fighting about it.
他们想要分裂。
They wanna split.
他们有着不同的世界观,政治利益将被用来在男女之间制造隔阂,并拆散家庭。
They have separate world views, and political interests will be used to drive a wedge between men and women and break up families.
然后我们都会变成一群单亲妈妈。
And then we're all gonna be a bunch of single moms.
我们都将不得不去工作。
We're all gonna have to work.
他们真的预测到了这些事情。
Like, they they literally predicted this stuff.
这本书中有一整章专门讲他们的论点。
In one whole chapter of the book is dedicated to their arguments.
他们怎么会有这么惊人的预见力呢?
How do they have such amazing foresight?
我的意思是,我以前无知地想,好吧。
I mean, I just would ignorantly, I would think, okay.
我觉得女性应该有投票权。
Well, I think women should have the right to vote.
她们是人。
They're human beings.
她们住在这里。
They live here.
有一些法律正在被制定,比如,为什么会这样
There's there's laws that are being oh, like, why would that
我认为,当我们回顾历史时,其中一个问题是‘现时主义’的谬误。
Well, I think one of the problems we have when we look back at history is the fallacy of presentism.
我们用现在的视角,带着右翼的观念来看待它。
We're looking at it through, like, our eyes now with the Right.
我们脑海中已经固化了对世界的种种预设。
With all of the presuppositions that we have about the world kinda baked in.
而在当时,也就是1920年,人们并没有意识到,男性获得普遍投票权的时间其实比女性早不了多久。
And at this time, so in 1920, people don't realize that men had only universally gotten the right to vote very shortly before women got it.
在英国,大多数男性直到女性获得投票权前大约十年才拥有投票权。
So in The UK, most men couldn't vote until about ten years before women got the vote in The UK.
在美国,男性投票也存在各种限制。
There was all kinds of restrictions on voting in The United States for men.
你可能需要缴纳人头税。
You may have to pay a poll tax.
你可能还得参加考试,比如识字测试或政治知识测试。
You might have to take a test, like a literacy test or a political literacy test.
可能还存在某种宗教要求。
There might be a religious requirement of some kind.
可能还存在某种种族要求。
There might be a racial requirement of some kind.
男性投票可能面临各种不同的限制。
There could be all different kinds of restrictions on men voting.
你可能必须是财产所有者。
You might have to be a property owner.
你可能必须达到一定年龄。
You might have to be a certain age.
所以当时有很多男性。
So there was a lot of men.
并不是所有男性一直都能投票,而所有女性永远都不能投票。
It wasn't like all men could always vote and no women could ever vote.
在争取选举权的过程中,美国西部已经有几个州,如犹他州和怀俄明州,授予了女性选举权。
And at the time of trying to pass suffrage, there were already a few states in the West that had granted women's suffrage like Utah and Wyoming.
犹他州的情况很有趣,因为当时那里主要由摩门教徒定居,而他们大多是多妻主义者。
And in Utah is a fun case because it was mostly settled by Mormons at the time, and they were mostly polygamists.
联邦政府和犹他州之间为此爆发了激烈争斗,因为联邦政府认为,这种多妻制在当地越来越流行,会给我们带来麻烦。
And there was this big fight between the feds and the state of Utah because the feds did not they were like, this polygamy thing is getting really popular out there, and it's gonna cause us some problems.
他们想赋予女性投票权。
And they wanna give women the right to vote.
而摩门教徒认为,如果我们赋予女性投票权,我们就能保住多妻制,因为她们会投票支持它——毕竟这对她们有利,正如摩门教会所认为的那样。
And the Mormons thought if we give women the right to vote, we can keep polygamy because they're gonna vote for it because it's beneficial to them in whatever ways that the LDS church thought it was.
联邦政府赌的是:不会的。
The feds were betting on the fact that, nah.
我认为,如果我们赋予女性投票权,她们会说:不要再有这种多妻制了,那就让她们投票吧。
I think if we give women the right to vote, they're gonna say no more of this polygamy, so let them have it.
就让她们投票吧。
Just let them have it.
结果联邦政府赌输了,摩门教的妻子们继续投票支持多妻制。
Well, the feds lost the bet, and the Mormon wives kept voting for the polygamy stuff.
联邦政府不喜欢这样。
The feds didn't like it.
所以他们在摩门教会的财务方面也做了一些可疑的操作。
So what they did there was also a little bit of stuff going on with the finances of the LDS church that was a little sus.
他们在1878年通过了一项修正案,或者说是国会通过了一项法律,我想是这样。
They passed an amendment or, yeah, a law through congress in 1878, I think.
日期我可能记错了。
I could be wrong on the date.
目的是取消女性的选举权。
To take away women's suffrage.
他们收回了女性的投票权。
They took the vote back from them.
他们说:你们不能再投票了。
They said no more voting for you.
不能这么做。
Can't do that.
因为你是在为一夫多妻制投票。
Because you're voting for polygamy.
是的。
Yeah.
因此,犹他州的女性曾被授予选举权,但随后被剥夺了五十年。
And so women in Utah had suffrage granted and then had it removed for fifty years.
我想她们是从大约1870年到1920年这段时间没有投票权。
It it was from I think it was about '9 1870 to 1920 that they didn't have the right to vote.
而反女权运动者,这可是个大问题。
And the anti suffragists, this was a big deal.
所以支持女性选举权的女性会去犹他州,反对女性选举权的女性也会去犹他州,她们会与当地女性交谈,试图争取她们站在自己这边。
So pro suffrage women would go to Utah, and anti suffrage women would go to Utah, they'd talk to the women and try to because everyone's trying to get them on their side.
她们发现,女性其实并不想参与政治。
And they kinda found that, like, women really didn't wanna be involved in politics.
她们觉得家里有太多事情要操心了。
They felt like we have so much going on at home.
他们才是社区组织者。
They were the community organizers.
顺便说一下,我们现在没有这种模式了。
We don't have this anymore, by the way.
我在照顾我的祖父母。
I'm taking care of my grandparents.
我在照顾我的叔叔,他患有疾病,行动不便。
I'm taking care of my uncle who, you know, has a disease and is infirmed.
我有七个孩子,我的表亲和妹妹也各有七个孩子,我们大家一起抚养他们。
I've got seven kids, and so does my cousin, and so does my sister, and we all raise them kinda together.
我们非常忙碌。
We're very busy.
我们负责所有教会事务。
We're doing all the church stuff.
我们一起教孩子们。
We're teaching the kids together.
政治就像你得了解很多东西,还得信息充分,但我们真的没时间,也确实没兴趣。
Politics is just like you have to know so much about it, and you have to be so informed, and we just we don't have time, and we we really don't have interest.
大多数人其实漠不关心,但持漠然或反对态度的人远多于支持的人,差距非常大。
Most of them were really indifferent, but more were either indifferent or against it than were for it by such a margin.
所以这就是考验。
So this is the test.
他们让民众投票决定是否要举行投票,规模最大的一次公投发生在马萨诸塞州。
They let them vote on whether they wanted the vote in a huge the biggest referendum was in Massachusetts.
所以他们让女性投票决定是否想要获得选举权。
So they let women vote on whether they wanted the vote in a referendum.
实际到场的女性并不多。
Of the women that showed up, not a lot of them showed up.
人数算不上多,但在数千名前来投票的人中,只有4%的人支持将选举权列入选票。
It was a fairly smallish number, but of the thousands that showed up to vote, only 4% wanted suffrage on the
选票上。
ballot.
这太疯狂了。
That's crazy.
只有4%。
Only 4%.
那么伊丽莎白·凯迪·斯坦顿和苏珊·B.
So guess what Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B.
安东尼之后做了什么?
Anthony did after that?
所有支持妇女选举权的领袖都禁止女性投票决定是否要选举权。
All the pro suffrage leaders, they banned women from voting on whether they wanted to vote.
这难道不疯狂吗?
Isn't that crazy?
苏西·B. 苏珊·B.
How did Susie b Susan B.
安东尼是怎么卷入这一切的?
Anthony get involved in all this?
因为她就是那种人,我记得她不是在2美元钞票上吗?
Because she was one of those people that was like, what was she on the $2 bill or something?
是的。
Yeah.
她总是被当作一位了不起的女性被推崇。
And she was one of those people that's always held up as this, like, amazing woman.
嗯。
Mhmm.
然后我开始听你的书,当时我就想,等等。
And then I started listening to your book, and I was like, wait.
什么?
What?
对。
Yeah.
像她和伊丽莎白·凯迪·斯坦顿这样的女性,是美国两位主要的领袖人物。
A lot of these women like her and and Elizabeth Cady Stanton were kind of the two big figureheads in America.
还有很多其他重要的人物,但大多数人只知道这两位。
There were a lot of other important people, but those are the two most people have heard of.
她们是撰写妇女选举权历史的人,那是一部庞大的、多卷本的历史著作。
They're the ones who wrote the history of women's suffrage, which is this giant, like, multi volume history that they wrote.
然而,她们从非常偏颇的视角来撰写这段历史,把自己塑造成这场运动的明星。
Now they wrote it from a very biased perspective to make themselves the rock stars of this movement.
她们希望在历史书中被铭记为这些了不起的、强悍的、革命性的、独立自主的女性。
They wanted to be remembered in the history books as being these awesome badass kind of revolutionary strong independent women.
事实上,她们创造了‘独立坚强女性’的叙事,声称女性是受害者,需要被解放。
They, in fact, came up with the strong independent woman narrative that women were victims who needed to be unvictimized.
在编写妇女选举权历史时,她们试图将其他女权主义者从历史中抹去。
They had other suffragists that they were trying to cut out of the history when they were putting together this history of women's suffrage.
露西·斯通就曾说:等等。
Lucy Stone was one that said, wait a minute.
你们把一些至关重要的信息遗漏了,比如我们的主要支持者其实是男性——进步派男性、社会主义者男性,甚至一夫多妻制的男性。
You guys are leaving out huge chunks of important information like the fact that our main support comes from men, progressive men, and socialist men, and polygamist men.
比如,你们为什么要省略这部分?
Like, why are you guys leaving this out?
如果你们这么做,大家都会知道你们压根没提这些事。
If you do it, like, everyone's gonna know you just didn't mention any of that.
因为当时,这些是众所周知的。
Because at the time, it was, like, super well known.
妇女参政运动当时面临很多公关问题,因为它被看作是妓女、社会主义者、马克思主义者、一夫多妻主义者和革命者热衷的事情。
They had a lot of PR problems in the suffrage movement because it was known as something that prostitutes, socialists, Marxists, polygamists, and revolutionaries were into.
她当时就说,你们不能把那部分省略掉。
And she was like, you can't leave that out.
这就像是一个主要论点。
It's like a main point.
也许你们不喜欢它如何描绘我们,但你们必须把它包括进去。
Maybe you don't like how it portrays us, but you gotta include it.
所以他们虽然不情愿,但还是纳入了一些相关内容,但他们原本打算完全省略,并按照我们现在所知的那样,将其塑造成一场女性对抗男性的斗争。
So they, like, reluctantly did include some of that, but they were gonna try to leave it out altogether and frame it, as we know it now, as a fight of women against men.
这场被压迫女性对抗系统性压迫女性的父权制的斗争。
This fight of oppressed women against the oppressive patriarchy that was systemically trying to keep a boot on women's necks.
这太疯狂了。
It's crazy.
他们自己的同事都说,事情根本不是这样的。
Their own colleagues were like, that ain't how it happened.
就连当年的进步男性也是个问题,这真疯狂。
It's crazy that progressive men were a problem even back The
直男癌的问题是
the simp problem is
渣男一直以来都是个问题。
ass men have always been a problem.
他们是个巨大的问题。
They're a giant problem.
是的。
Mhmm.
这就是女性主义所做的一件事。
And that's one thing that feminism does.
它给了她们一种方式,我总是称她们为吸血鬼的随从。
It gives them a way to be like I always call them like vampire familiars.
是的。
Yes.
她们从来没能真正变成吸血鬼,但却为吸血鬼做了一切事情,而吸血鬼还爱着她们。
They never really get to be a vampire, but they do all the deeds for the vampires and the vampire loves them.
她们就围绕在吸血鬼身边,你知道的?
And they they hang around the vampire and they you know?
这是狡猾的家伙的交配策略。
It's the sneaky fucker mating strategy.
对。
Yes.
没错。
Yep.
是的。
Yes.
那是什么?
What is that?
乌贼?
Cuttlefish?
对。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
乌贼就是这样做的。
Cuttlefish do that.
就像狡猾的雌性乌贼假装自己是雌性,以便靠近雌性。
Like sneaky bitch ass cuttlefish pretend they're female so they can hang around the females.
对。
Yep.
这正是当时发生的情况。
And that's exactly what was happening.
还有其他的动机。
There were other motivations too.
比如,维多利亚·伍德胡尔是一位著名的女权主义者。
Like, Victoria Woodhull was a famous feminist.
她是第一个拥有大型报纸的人。
She was the first one to have, like, a big newspaper.
她被称为撒旦夫人,因为她主张自由恋爱。
She was known as missus Satan because she was into free love.
她希望将卖淫合法化。
She wanted to make prostitution legal.
她说婚姻只是卖淫的一种法律形式。
She said that marriage was just a legal form prostitution.
她认为这与普通的卖淫没有任何区别。
She saw it to be no different than regular old run of the mill prostitution.
她真的非常激进。
She was, like, really radical.
她也是一个骗子。
She was also a scam artist.
我在研究这些女性的历史时发现,她们大多沉迷于神秘学或反基督教,因为她们认为基督教是父权制且压迫性的。
Like, the thing I found when I was looking into the histories of all these women, they were into the occult or very anti Christian because they saw it as patriarchal and oppressive.
她们通常是骗子或诈骗犯。
They were usually con artists or scammers.
因此,当时灵性主义和江湖庸医非常流行。
So spiritualism and snake oil salesman was, like, really big and popular at the time.
这位女士兜售假的癌症疗法。
This lady sold fake cancer cures.
她因向垂死之人兜售假癌症疗法、骗取他们的钱财,被四个不同州通缉。
She was wanted in like four different states for selling fake cancer cures to dying people and scamming them out of their money.
通过推动妇女选举权,她吸引了大量人资助她、给她捐钱。
And by pushing suffrage, she got a lot of people to fund her and give her money.
其中一位就是科尼利厄斯·范德比尔特。
And one of them was Cornelius Vanderbilt.
她会假装自己能够与死者沟通。
And she would pretend to be able to contact the dead.
她声称自己能够联系到古希腊人以及所有这类灵魂,比如亚伯拉罕·林肯的灵魂会在梦中向她显现等等。
She would say she could contact, like, ancient Greeks and and all these spirits, like the spirit of Abraham Lincoln was coming to her in dreams and stuff.
我认为科尼利厄斯根本不相信这些。
I don't think Cornelius believed that at all.
但他所了解的是,她确实经营着一个卖淫团伙,她的所有朋友都是为华尔街绅士服务的妓女。
But what he did know about her was that she did run a prostitution ring, and all her friends were hookers who worked the Wall Street gentlemen.
所以她基本上有一个由妓女组成的情报网络,为她提供内幕交易信息。
And so she basically had a spy network of prostitutes who would give her insider trading information.
他利用这一点在第一个黑色星期五操纵了股市。
He used that to game the stock market on the first Black Friday.
我记得,根据《纽约时报》的说法,按今天的价值换算,大约是1889年的18美元相当于现在的2600万美元。
I think it was, like, $18.89 for today's equivalent of $26,000,000 according to the New York Times.
所以当《纽约时报》采访他时,问他怎么做到的——当时2600万美元相当于130万美元,但按今天的货币价值,2600万美元。
So when the New York Times interviewed him and said, how did you do how did you come out 26,000,000 at the time, was 1.3, but today's money, 26,000,000.
当别人都输得一塌糊涂时,你是怎么做到的?
How'd you pull this off when everybody else has just lost their ass?
他回答说:照我这么做,去咨询灵媒。
And he said, do as I do, consult the spirits.
他说这位女性通过通灵给了他这个内幕消息。
So he said that this woman had contacted the dead and given him the tip that way.
但其实她只是经营着一个卖淫团伙。
But it was really just she had a prostitution ring.
所以这些就是涉及的人物。
So these were the were the people involved.
明白吗?
Okay?
这才是他们真正做的事。
And this is what they were really doing.
但当性别研究系掌握这段历史后,他们不会告诉你这些真相。
But when gender studies departments got ahold of this history, they're not gonna tell you any of this.
他们的任务是成为大学里的公关部门,向年轻女性推销马克思主义和女权主义,以实现革命化和激进化,而他们在这方面得到了中情局的帮助,是的。
Their job was to become the PR branch in the universities to sell Marxism and feminism to young women to revolutionize and radicalize, and they had help doing that from the CIA Yeah.
与此同时。
At the same time.
因为我们正处于冷战时期,我并不是说共产主义是好的。
Because we were in the midst of a cold war, and I'm not saying communism's good.
我绝对不是这个意思。
I'm definitely not.
但根据当时中情局的看法,他们试图宣扬西方自由主义在俄罗斯和东欧地区优于共产主义。
But according to the CIA at the time, they were trying to push Western liberalism as being superior to communism in Russia and the Eastern Bloc.
因此,他们认为女权主义有助于实现这一目标,于是资助了《女士》杂志的创立。
So they thought feminism was good for that purpose, so they helped fund the beginning of Ms.
杂志。
Magazine.
他们提供了奖学金。
They granted scholarships.
他们编造了一些假奖学金,其中一项给了格洛丽亚·斯泰纳姆。
They made up, like, fake scholarships, one of which was given to Gloria Steinem.
你知道吗?
You know?
然后他们让她受雇多年,走遍全球推广女权主义。
And then they had her employed for years going around the world pushing feminism.
所以,从来不是普通女性说:我想投票。
So it was it was never that the average woman was like, I wanna vote.
我想听政治辩论。
I want to listen to political debates.
我想学习经济学和外交政策。
I wanna learn about economics and foreign policy.
我真的很关心这些问题,我想了解,我想投票。
I'm really concerned about these things, and I wanna know and I wanna vote.
女性关心的是诸如干净的饮用水、安全的牛奶、安全的公园、更少的犯罪这类事情。
Women were concerned about things like having clean water drinking water, clean milk, safe parks, you know, less crime, all those sort of things.
他们还预测,如果给女性投票权并这样政治化我们,就再也不会关注我们孩子和社区的福祉了。
And one of the other things they predicted would happen, they said if you give women the vote and you politicize us like this, it's all gonna be it's not gonna be about the welfare of our children and communities anymore.
取而代之的会是堕胎和避孕这类问题。
It's gonna be about things like abortion and birth control.
如今在政治中,你还能听到哪些女性议题?
And what are the only women's issues that you ever hear about anymore in politics?
只有堕胎权,以及获得避孕措施、获得堕胎服务这类事。
The right to abortion and things like access to birth control, access to abortion.
现在你听到的就只有这些了。
It's like the only thing you hear now.
那女性呢?即使是保守派的女性,她们去哪了?为什么不再为一百五十年前她们所争取的那些事发声?
Where are all the women, even on the right, like, fighting for the things they were fighting for a hundred and fifty years ago?
无处可寻。
Nowhere.
这全都是关于,你知道的,甚至包括特朗普。
It's all about, you know like, even Trump.
特朗普在这方面让我很沮丧,因为他觉得我们必须推出更多项目,让所有妈妈们重返职场。
Trump frustrates me on this because he wants he's like, we gotta have more programs to get all the moms back to work.
我只想问,为什么?
And I'm like, why?
你为什么要这么做?
Why do you wanna do that?
你为什么要逼所有妈妈们回去工作?
Why do you wanna push all the moms back to work?
这真是个糟糕的主意。
That's a terrible idea.
你认为他为什么这么说?
Why do you think he's saying that?
他是个自由派,而且是个女权主义者。
He's a liberal, and he's a feminist.
他喜欢雇佣女性。
He loves hiring women.
如果他停止雇佣女性,很多问题或许就能解决,这可能是他最大的软肋。
It's probably his biggest Achilles heel if he would stop hiring women and get rid of a lot of his problems.
但他就是喜欢雇佣女性,而且非常支持职业女性。
But he loves hiring women, and he's a very pro working woman.
比如他的第一任妻子,他特别欣赏的一点就是她非常成功,事业有成,诸如此类。
He like his first wife, one of the things he loved about her was she very, like, successful in business and and things like that.
伊万卡也是同样的情况。
Ivanka, same thing.
是的,她们有孩子,但她们请了保姆,而且有钱得不得了,完全能支撑她们去做这些事。
And, yes, they have kids, but they have nannies, and they have all the money in the world to, like, support them while they're off doing this sort of thing.
但普通女性呢?女权主义承诺给她们的,似乎只是能分到一小块蛋糕。
But what happens to the average woman the promise of feminism looks something like you're gonna have the corner off.
看起来就像《欲望都市》那样。
It looks like Sex and the City.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。