本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
《专注的艺术》是一套寻找人生意义、重塑自我并创造理想未来的实践哲学。
The Art of Focus is a practical philosophy to find meaning, reinvent yourself, and create your ideal future.
我是作者丹·科,将在其他人之前亲自朗读这本书的摘要版本。
I'm the author, Dan Coe, and I'll be reading my own summarized version of this book before others can.
这样我才能为各章节提供正确的背景解读。
That way, I can provide the correct context for the chapters.
我会尽量涵盖高层次的原则和建议,但这就是我写这本书的原因。
I will try to cover the high level principles and advice, but there is a reason I wrote the book.
有些内容确实无法省略。
Few things can be left out.
如果你对完整内容感兴趣,我建议你通过描述中的链接获取平装版、Kindle版或有声书。
I would encourage you to grab the paperback, Kindle version, or audiobook via the link in the description if you are interested in the full teachings.
如果需要,你也可以下载这份摘要的PDF或EPUB版本。
And if you'd like, you can also download the PDF or EPUB version of this summary.
第一章:引言 本书开篇描绘了现代世界的生存状态。
Chapter one: Introduction The book begins by illustrating the state of the modern world.
醒来后连按四次闹钟,盯着手机,挣扎起床,煮咖啡,堵车通勤,八小时枯燥工作,再次堵车回家,与伴侣争吵,遛宠物,看电视,昏睡过去,日复一日。
Wake up, hit snooze four times, stare at your phone, roll out of bed, make coffee, sit in traffic, eight hours of unfulfilling work, sit in traffic, again, argue with your significant other, walk the pet, watch TV, pass out, repeat.
人类被社会驯化,沿着预设的默认路径生活。
Humanity is conditioned to follow a default path in life that is set out by society.
那99%循规蹈矩、从不质疑、只会传承既有认知的人群,最终丧失了独立思考能力。
The 99% of people that do what they're told, question nothing, and pass down what they know lead to a population that can't think for themselves.
这导致了单调、机械且麻木的生活状态。
This leads to a dull, mechanical, and mindless life.
童年时我就发现:如果所有人都做相同的事,结果必然雷同,而显然多数人对这样的结果并不满意。
In my childhood, I made the observation that if everyone does the same thing, they will get the same results, and it's not hard to see that most people aren't happy with those results.
鲜少有人设定目标,能坚持的人更是凤毛麟角,但这恰恰是进化的唯一途径。
Few people set and even fewer people stick to their own goals, yet that is the only way to evolve.
目标意味着问题,而这个问题正是让你发展技能和思维的关键。
A goal implies a problem, and that problem is what allows you to develop your skill set and mindset.
它引导你形成更复杂的身份认同,从而在人生中找到意义与进步。
It is what leads to a more complex identity that can find meaning and progress in life.
这条默认路径在我们的时代尤为显著。
This default path is pronounced in our times.
这是你必须克服的主要问题。
This is the main problem that you must overcome.
信息、机会和便利性都极度丰富。
There is an abundance of information, opportunities, and convenience.
我们会将其中大部分标记为干扰项——除了那些经过批判性思维筛选的内容。
We will label most of these, except for the ones you filter with critical thought, as distractions.
干扰会让你越来越偏离真实的自己与理想的自我。
Distractions lead you further away from who you are and who you want to become.
平庸生活的解药是专注。
The solution to a mediocre life is focus.
人类通过意识注意力每秒能处理10到50比特信息。
Humans can process 10 to 50 bits of information per second with their conscious attention.
我们选择处理哪些信息、如何处理及为何处理,将决定生活质量。
The what, how, and why behind that information we choose to process will determine our quality of life.
即:我们关注什么、如何解读信息、以及最初为何关注,这些都至关重要。
That is, what we hold in our attention, how we interpret that information, and why we gave it our attention in the first place is of utmost importance.
你可以把一生中通过专注处理的大约1250亿比特信息视为你的潜力。
We can consider the approximate 125,000,000,000 bits of information you process through focus in your lifetime as your potential.
由于其中大部分要用于梳洗、杂务等基础责任,我们必须极度谨慎地分配注意力——它决定人生成果。
With a large chunk of this dedicated to grooming, errands, and other based responsibilities, we must care deeply about where we direct our focus as it will determine the outcome of our lives.
在整本书中,我只要求你做到:第一,
Throughout the book, all I ask is that you: one.
以完全开放的心态阅读,不要急于贴标签或评判,而是通过直接体验来理解我所说的内容。
Read with a radically open mind, do not label or judge immediately, but seek to understand what I am saying through direct experience.
这可能需要数天、数年甚至数十年。
This may take days, years, or decades.
第二,对这些观点要质疑、挑战并加以完善。
Two, question, challenge, and build with the ideas.
本书中的观点将像你遇到的任何其他观点一样,塑造你的人生轨迹。
The ideas in this book will shape the outcome of your life just like any other idea you come across.
我希望你能运用它们、检验它们、迭代改进它们,从而为人类做出贡献。
I hope that you use them, test them, iterate on them, and make them better so that you can contribute to humanity.
第三,不要把我的话当作金科玉律。
Three, do not take what I say as law.
我只是无限可能中的一种视角。
I am one perspective out of infinite.
我所说的没有绝对真理。
None of what I say is absolute truth.
这些观点在某些情境下对我有帮助,或许对你也适用,但也可能完全无法引起共鸣。
It served my life in certain situations and may in yours, but it may not resonate at all.
接下来,让我们深入探讨本书的核心内容。
With that, let's dig into the meat of the book.
第二章,原则篇。
Chapter two, the principles.
原则是永恒的,策略则与时俱进。
Principles are timeless, tactics are with the times.
这并不意味着你应该忽视策略,但要明白它们在任何生活领域带来的成果都是暂时的。
That doesn't mean you should ignore tactics, but know they are temporary in the results they provide across any domain of life.
《专注的艺术》是基于27条原则撰写的。
The Art of Focus is written with 27 principles in mind.
我将以快速列举的方式在这里列出它们。
I will list them in a rapid fire fashion here.
一。
One.
宇宙的最高法则是熵增。
The supreme law of the universe is entropy.
没有什么是永恒的,从情绪到观念,从健康到教育体系赖以保障你未来的那些制度。
Nothing is permanent, from emotions to ideas to your health to the systems that the education system relies on to secure your future.
二。
Two.
系统化思维——即理解现实每个缝隙中的目标、流程和问题——是让你掌控局势的关键。
Systems thinking, or understanding the goal, process, and problem of any crevice of reality is how you rig situations in your favor.
精神熵,即心智的混乱,意味着我们必须通过自我设定的目标、实现路径以及当下要专注解决的问题,来创造并维持生活秩序,从而避免被干扰吞噬。
Psychic entropy, or disorder in the mind, means that we must create and maintain order in our lives through self generated goals, a path to achieve them, and problems to focus on right now, so we don't get consumed by distractions.
我们注意力聚焦的信息结构,或者说意识中的内容,决定了生活质量。
The structure of the information we focus our attention on or the content in our consciousness determines our quality of life.
但信息始终处于形成中。
But information is in formation.
它永远在变化,并非永恒。
It is ever changing, impermanent.
你专注的事物必须按日、月、年的节奏调整变化。
What you focus on must adapt and change on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
五。
Five.
跳出局部看整体,能让你认清负面情境的本质——其实没那么严重。
Zooming out to see the big picture of a situation allows you to see negative situations for what they are, not that serious.
六。
Six.
自我实验是彻底解决问题的唯一途径,能在生活中获得新发现并积累真实经验。
Self experimentation is the only way to solve your problems for good, make novel discoveries in your life, and gain true experience.
七。
Seven.
你的大脑是一台信息处理机器。
Your mind is an information processing machine.
我们通过模仿周围环境来生存。
We imitate the environment around us to survive.
明智的模仿让你既能融入社会获得益处,又不会沦为体制的无意识奴隶。
Intelligent imitation is how you leverage the benefits of fitting in while not becoming a mindless slave to the systems of society.
思想封闭会让你错失本可发现的洞见、发现和真理。
Close mindedness closes you off to discoveries, insights, and truths that otherwise wouldn't be found.
彻底的开放心态能让你拓展自我,积累成功所需的多元视角。
Radical open mindedness allows you to expand as an individual and collect the perspective necessary to succeed.
九。
Nine.
观察与提问能让你学会以智慧和优雅应对困境。
Observation and questioning are how you learn to navigate difficult situations with wisdom and grace.
十。
10.
评判与辨别之间存在本质区别。
There is a distinction between judgment and discernment.
评判会导致思想封闭,而辨别能让你借鉴他人经验,为自己的发展做出明智决策。
Judgment leads to closed mindedness, but discernment allows you to pull from others' experiences in a way that helps you make wise decisions for your own development.
十一。
11.
多数人痛苦的根源在于对现实的期待与实际状况之间的落差。
The cause of most people suffering is the expectations people have compared to the reality of a situation.
当下这一刻本就不该是它正在呈现之外的任何样子。
The present moment isn't supposed to be anything other than what it's being.
12、当你实践彻底接纳时,你开始看清事情的本质。
12, when you practice radical acceptance, you begin to see situations for what they are.
你无法通过任何想法改变现状。
There is nothing you can think that will change the situation.
13。
13.
人可以知道很多却理解很少。
One can know a lot but understand very little.
知识是向上构建的,而理解是向内发现的。
Knowledge is constructed upward while understanding is discovered inward.
14。
14.
做出新颖发现的唯一途径就是探索未知。
The only way to make novel discoveries is to explore the unknown.
现实探索必须成为日常实践。
Reality exploration must become a daily practice.
你必须突破你被设定好的默认人生路径。
You must puncture the default path you've been conditioned to live.
15。
15.
这个世界需要更多整体性的综合者,那些探索现实并连接多领域关联的人,而非困守一隅并将全部身份认同建立其上。
The world needs more holistic synthesizers, those who explore reality and connect the dots between multiple domains rather than getting stuck in one pocket and basing their entire identity around that.
16。
16.
现代社会推崇生产力却忽视创造力。
The modern world favors productivity but neglects creativity.
这导致了高效却失去人性的机械化机器。
This leads to robotic and efficient machines that are no longer human.
创建你内心喜爱的高效系统,但不要犹豫去超越它们,去发现下一个必须解决的问题。
Create the efficient systems that your mind loves, but don't hesitate to evolve beyond them and discover the next problem that must be solved.
17。
17.
心智通过叙事来理解世界。
The mind makes sense of the world through storytelling.
生命以章节和阶段展开。
Life unfolds in chapters and phases.
它是问题浮现、冒险召唤、好奇心、未知探索、挣扎、顿悟、蜕变、解决方案与高潮的展开过程。
It is an unfolding of problems, calls to adventure, curiosity, exploration of the unknown, struggle, insight, transformation, solution, and climax.
与这一切共舞。
Flow with them all.
18。
18.
没有失败,成功便无从谈起。
Success cannot exist without failure.
失败是揭示问题的参照点,从中产生目标并汲取教训。
Failure is a reference point that reveals a problem from which generate a goal to discover a lesson.
19。
19.
迭代与坚持胜过自满与固守。
Iteration and persistence is better than complacency and consistency.
20。
20.
现实并非非黑即白,但极端总是最受关注。
Reality is not black and white, but the extremes get the most attention.
魔力存在于质疑一切才能发现的灰色地带中。
The magic is found in the gray area that can only be found by questioning everything.
21。
21.
我们的视角决定了对情境的积极或消极解读。
Our perspective determines the positive or negative interpretation of situations.
真理寻求者必须捕捉真理的种子,以培养更全面的视角,从而获得更积极的解读。
The truth seeker must hunt for kernels of truth to cultivate a more holistic perspective that allows for more positive interpretations.
22。
22.
你无法摆脱自我,而是将其发展到与现实合一的境界。
You don't get rid of the ego, you develop it to the point of being at one with reality.
23。
23.
生活中遇到的每个问题都要求你提升心智水平、拓宽视角或增加自我的复杂性。
Every problem you encounter in life demands an increase in your level of mind, openness of your perspective, or complexity of self.
24。
24.
人类依靠精神层面的存在而生存。
Humans survive on the mental plane of existence.
我们赖以生存的是构成身份的理念,以及维持这一身份形态的一切。
We survive the idea that is our identity and everything that allows that identity to maintain its form.
25。
25.
在只能看到痛苦表象的世界里,精通之道让你与众不同。
Mastery sets you apart in a world that can't see beyond the miserable surface.
26。
26.
战术压力是一种将自己投入未知领域以测试自身潜能的策略。
Tactical stress is a strategy to throw yourself into the unknown and see what you are capable of.
它能强制推动教育、技能获取和视野拓展。
It forces education, skill acquisition, and expansion of perspective.
27。
27.
若你需要从他人处获取某物,几乎不可能保持真实自我。
If you need something from another, it is nearly impossible to act with authenticity.
对于尚未达到独立境界的人而言,自私必须成为优先考量。
Selfishness must be a priority for those who have not developed themselves to the point of independence.
第三章:三大支柱 根据我的探索、经验和反思,美好生活有三大支柱:专注力、精力和阅历。
Chapter three: The Three Pillars From my exploration, experience, and reflection, there are three pillars to the good life: focus, energy, and experience.
引述:'将注意力集中在有意义的目标上,将其作为抵御干扰的屏障,凭借过往经验明确实现路径,并重新聚焦眼前选择——这种能力堪称超能力。'
Quote, the ability to focus your attention on a meaningful goal, holding that in the back of your mind as a distraction repellent, knowing exactly how to achieve it through prior experience and refocusing on the choice in front of you is a superpower.
第一支柱:专注力。
Pillar one, focus.
专注力如同肌肉,可以通过训练增强。
Focus is a muscle that can be trained.
正如通过体能训练塑造身体,你也可以通过心智训练塑造思维。
Just like you can condition your body with physical training, you can condition your mind with mental training.
专注力存在一个我们称之为视角或世界观的框架。
Focus has a frame that we call perspective or worldview.
这个框架由你一生中处理的信息所塑造。
This is conditioned by the information you process throughout your life.
你的视角会限制你在任何情境中的感知与解读能力。
Your perspective restricts what you can perceive and interpret in any situation.
视角由你计划达成的目标、已知的实现路径以及必须识别的问题共同构建。
Perspective is constructed with the goals you plan to achieve, paths you know to achieve them, and problems that must be identified to achieve them.
请注意,如果你不知道自己追求的目标是什么,那你就是在追求社会赋予你的目标。
Note, if you do not know what goals you are pursuing, you are pursuing the one society assigned to you.
你的注意力将局限于你视角所允许的现实层面。
Your focus will be limited to the aspects of reality that your perspective allows.
除非你设定能带你进入未知领域的目标,否则你认为生活中理所当然的问题就不会显现为问题。
Unless you create goals that launch you into the unknown, a problem that you consider a normal part of your life won't reveal itself as a problem.
正因如此,你将无法以任何有意义的方式去学习、发现或行动。
Because of that, you will have nothing to learn, discover, or act on in any meaningful fashion.
这就是训练注意力的方法——通过设定并追求基于兴趣的目标,让你的心智能够感知新信息,从而推动自我进化。
This is how you train your focus, by setting and pursuing interest based goals that allow your mind to become aware of new information that leads to the evolution of who you are.
这强调了彻底开放心态的重要性。
This stresses the importance of radical open mindedness.
如果你长期处于思维封闭、压力山大和视野狭窄的状态,改变人生的机遇可能会与你擦肩而过,而你只会归咎于外因,却从不反省自身。
If you are in a constant state of closed mindedness, stress and narrow focus, an opportunity to change your life may pass you by, and you'll justify your inability by blaming anything or anyone but yourself.
随着时间的推移,你新训练过的大脑将获得分辨信号与噪音的能力,你的注意力会自然偏向那些为生活带来繁荣的信息。
With time, your newly trained mind will gain the ability to filter signal from noise and your focus will be biased toward the information that brings prosperity to your life.
第二支柱:能量。
Pillar two: Energy.
特定目标需要特定量的精神能量来实现。
Specific goals demand a specific amount of mental energy to actualize.
当你被锁定在默认路径上时,你的精神能量都消耗在社会赋予你的目标上。
When you are locked into the default path, you are spending mental energy towards the goals that society assigned to you.
这使得你难以投入到真正想要实现的目标中。
This makes it difficult to invest in the goals you truly want to achieve.
熵,或称自然界的税,是系统混乱度的量度,也是进化的驱动力。
Entropy, or nature's tax, is the measure of disorder in a system and the driving force of evolution.
它表明除非付出努力逆转熵增,否则万物终将随时间分崩离析。
It shows that everything falls apart with time unless an effort is made to reverse entropy.
维持系统秩序需要能量。
Energy is required to maintain order in the system.
系统有其目的、实现该目的的路径,以及沿途需要投入精力解决的问题。
A system has a purpose, a path for achieving that purpose, and problems to invest energy in along the way.
社会已用多年时间为大众注意力构建了各种系统。
Society has had years to construct systems for the attention of the masses.
若不想过平庸生活,就必须在生活的各个领域投入时间来创建和维护系统。
If you don't want to live an average life, time must be dedicated to both creating and maintaining systems in all areas of your life.
你需要在健康、财富、人际关系和幸福等领域建立目标层级,并经常(最好是每天)为之投入精神能量。
It is necessary that you create a hierarchy of goals across the domains of health, wealth, relationships, and happiness and invest mental energy into them often, if not daily.
否则,你将只会继续专注于默认路径,最终变得和他人无异。
If you don't, you will only continue to focus on the default path and end up like everyone else.
那可不妙。
That isn't pretty.
第三支柱:经验。
Pillar three, experience.
你不能未经亲身经历过滤就把任何观点、意见或建议当作铁律——即便那建议出自我本人。
You cannot take ideas, opinions, or advice as law without the filter of direct experience, even if that advice is my own.
经验的获取源于发现生活问题、解决问题,并通过升级思维运作系统来优化流程。
Experience is gained by identifying problems in your life, solving them, and making your process more efficient by evolving the systems your mind operates on.
当经验足够丰富时,专注与能量的反馈循环就会更加紧密。
With ample experience, the feedback loop of focus and energy tightens.
人生成果将呈复利增长,因为你从信息中筛选出的内容更能促成有效行动。
Your results in life compound because what you filter from the information you interpret is more conducive to meaningful action.
第四章:宇宙法则。
Chapter four: The Universe Quote.
奋斗是普世真理。
Struggle is a universal principle.
认为某件事不该成为你生活的一部分很愚蠢,但我们却常这么做。
It is silly to think that it isn't supposed to be a part of your life, but that is what we do.
我们期望生活按特定方式发展,而实际上它本就没有应该或不应该的样子。
We expect life to be a certain way when it isn't supposed to be anything other than what it's being.
宇宙就是现实的本体。
The universe is the identity of reality.
我选择用大写的'宇宙'这个词,而非上帝、梵或道等文化标签,一是因为它们都指向同一本质,二是人们对自己认同的标签容易过度情绪化。
I choose the word universe with a capital u instead of cultural labels like God, Brahman, or Teodo because one, they all point to the same thing, and two, because people get overly emotional about the one they identify with.
它们在概念层面存在分歧,但在体验层面却是一致的。
They disagree on a conceptual level, but agree on an experiential level.
无论你信仰如何,要理解这一点:宇宙即万物。
To make sense of it no matter your beliefs, the universe is everything.
词语只是指向某种体验的概念。
The word is a concept that points to an experience.
你曾体验过它,只是你的思维定式迫使你局限在狭隘视角里,无法整合那些你以为反对的信仰体系的真理——这不是分歧,而是误解。
You have experienced it before, but you may not label it as that because your conditioning has forced you into a narrow perspective that can't integrate the truths of a belief system you think you disagree with when it isn't disagreement, it's misunderstanding.
说这话的我曾经是个无神论者和重度怀疑主义者。
This is coming from a former atheist and heavy skeptic.
跳出思维定式吧。
Get out of your head.
任何语言都无法证明语言得以存在的本源。
No amount of words can prove what allows words to exist.
宇宙被划分为无数被称为'理念'的创造性片段。
The universe is divided into infinite creative parts called ideas.
万物或每个理念都相互关联、层层嵌套,让你能理解这个世界。
Everything or every idea is connected and layered to allow you to make sense of the world.
你缺乏目标感,是因为你与那些能让你看清目标本质的理念断开了联系。
You don't have a sense of purpose because you are disconnected from the ideas that allow you to see that purpose.
你尚未深入探索现实,未能理解或创造自己在这个世界中的位置。
You have not explored reality to the point of making sense of or creating your place in the world.
这些想法都是无常且不断流动的。
These ideas are impermanent and ever flowing.
宇宙或一首歌可被视为眼前展开的和谐乐章。
The universe or one song can be seen as a harmony unfolding before your eyes.
其中有高潮、低谷、问题、解决方案、上升情节、下降情节、高潮和结局。
There are highs, lows, problems, solutions, rising actions, falling actions, climaxes, and resolutions.
这些模式贯穿整个生命,尤其是构成大多数情境结构的故事与游戏,但鲜少有人跳出局部去观察这种结构。
These patterns reflect across all of life, especially the stories and games that form the structure of most situations, but few people zoom out to observe that structure.
从现实角度看,当人类无法看清完整的故事或游戏时,就会经历痛苦。
In a practical sense, humans experience suffering when they cannot see the full story or game.
他们将注意力孤立在某个情境上,像静态图像般固守于心。
They isolate one situation with their focus and hold it in their mind like a static image.
现实在不断前进,而你却困于过去。
Reality is moving forward while you are trapped in the past.
引述:当我们运用心灵的创造力从高处俯瞰生活时,就能发现、收集并运用那些带来内心平静与现实进步的深刻洞见。
Quote, when we harness the creative ability of our minds to view life from above, we can discover, collect, and harness profound insights that bring us peace and progress below.
你感到生活无意义,是因为未能扎根于当下。
Your life feels meaningless because you are not grounded in the present moment.
这与组织性宗教或信仰体系无关。
This is not about organized religion or a belief system.
这关乎接入最高维度的视角,让你变得比以往更具创造力。
This is about tapping into the highest perspective there is to become more creative than you ever have.
若创造力是成为不可替代之人的关键,而你的创造力取决于思维的开放与扩展,那么将宇宙理解为自然法则将使你超越99%的人。
If creativity is the key to becoming irreplaceable and your creativity depends on the openness or expansion of your mind, understanding the universe as natural law will put you ahead of 99% of people.
上行下效,天象地应。
As above, so below.
第五章,自我
Chapter five, the self.
引文
Quote.
你正被吸引向你最高的版本,而你内心的深处能感知到这一点
You are being attracted to your highest version and the depth of your core can sense it.
外部进化的召唤要求你向内凿穿那些通过条件作用层层叠加的心理建构
The external call to evolve requires you to chisel inward beneath the mental constructs that have been layered through your conditioning.
你的内在状态必须与不断变化的外在状态合而为一
Your internal state must become one with the ever changing external state.
人类是模式识别与学习机器
Humans are pattern recognition and learning machines.
自出生起,我们就像海绵一样吸收各种观念,并将某些观念体系或意识形态奉为圭臬
Since we were born, we absorb ideas like a sponge and adopt groups of ideas or ideologies as law.
这窄化了我们的思维,局限了我们所认为重要的事物
This narrows our mind and limits what we perceive as important.
社会很早就开始影响我们,因为大多数人都是无意识的——而那些塑造我们思维的朋友、父母和老师,他们的思维也曾被他们的朋友、父母和老师所塑造
Society gets to us early because most people are mindless and the friends, parents, and teachers that condition our minds had theirs conditioned by their friends, parents, and teachers.
很少有人能通过批判性思维、自我设定的目标和自己开辟的道路,有意识地创造出一个真正的自我
Few people have a self that is a conscious personal creation through critical thinking, self generated goals, and forging their own path.
在年轻时,我们就超越了生理生存的需求
At a young age, we transcend the need for physical survival.
我们不必过多担心这个问题
We don't have to worry about it as much.
这时更危险的东西开始发挥作用:概念生存,或者说维持你自我认知的存续
This is where something more dangerous comes into play: conceptual survival or surviving the idea of who you are.
这种现象在宗教、政治和咖啡爱好者等小众群体中都显而易见
This is easily noticeable across religion, politics, and niche communities like coffee drinkers.
如果你被灌输进某种宗教信仰体系,当有人质疑那些信仰时,你会感到受到威胁。
If you are conditioned into a religious belief system, you will feel threatened when someone challenges those beliefs.
就像被蛇缠住的老鼠,你会猛烈反击,试图通过告诉对方他们是错的来复述你脑海中的观念。
Like a mouse in the binds of a snake, you will lash out and attempt to reproduce the ideas in your head by telling them they are wrong.
共和党人和民主党人正陷于他们所坚持的对立观念的战争中。
Republicans and Democrats are in a war of opposing ideas they are attached to.
当有人质疑他们的信仰时,他们会感到生理上的威胁。
They feel physically threatened when someone challenges their beliefs.
如果你最喜欢的运动队输了,或者有人说他们是差劲的队伍,你会有什么感觉?
If your favorite sports team loses or somebody says they're a bad team, how do you feel?
你的生存真的受到威胁了吗?还是你没意识到自己为一个虚构概念表现得有多可笑?
Is your survival actually at stake or do you not see how silly you are being over a fabricated idea?
当你体重增加时,你是在为身体的重量而焦虑,还是在担心自己作为健康个体的身份认同会消失?
When you gain weight, do you stress about the physical weight on your body or do you stress that the idea of your identity as a healthy individual will die?
你通过言语和行动在每个情境中维持并复制着你的身份认同。
You are surviving and reproducing your identity through words and actions in every situation.
如果你没有创造自己,你就是在无意识地助长愚昧、邪恶与毁灭的蔓延,而你甚至可能毫不在意。
If you did not create yourself, you are furthering the spread of mindlessness, evil, and destruction without even knowing it, and you probably don't even care.
如果我们想创造一个工作更少、收入更高、享受生活,且能让思想涟漪穿越宇宙创造天堂的身份,这个过程将会是痛苦的。
If we want to create an identity that works less, earns more, enjoys life, and has its ideas ripple through the universe to create heaven, it will be painful.
把你的所谓自我想象成一个智力结构,像房子而非家园。
Think of your quote self as an intellectual structure, a house but not a home.
改造房屋时,你不会挖掉地基看着它倒塌。
When you go to remodel a house you don't rip the foundation out and watch it fall.
你要在发现问题时,做出小而策略性的改变,这些问题会破坏房屋的美观和功能。
You make small and strategic changes as you become aware of problems that ruin the aesthetic and function of the house.
要改变你自己,你必须解决与你所设定目标一致的问题,而不是那些被分配给你的问题。
To change who you are, you must solve problems in alignment with the goals you create, not the ones that are assigned to you.
这就是有目标地生活的方式。
That's how you live with purpose.
从表象开始,这样你就能摆脱狭隘思维带来的压力状态。
Start superficial so you can stop living in a narrow minded state of stress.
先解决健康问题、财务困境和人际关系,然后深入探索你不断进化的使命。
Fix your health, fix your money problems, fix your relationships, and then dive into the depths of your ever evolving purpose.
大多数人找不到人生目标,是因为他们没发现目标其实就在眼前。
Most people don't find their purpose because they don't see the purpose staring them in the face.
你必须先解决那些阻碍你超越肤浅生活的燃眉之急。
You must solve the burning problems that are preventing your mind from expanding beyond surface level living.
你的人生目标不止一个。
You do not have one purpose.
随着时间推移、努力付出和自身成长,你会从较小的目标逐步迈向更伟大的使命。
You move from lesser to greater purposes with time, effort, and evolution of who you are.
第六章:游戏人生 生活就像电子游戏。
Chapter six: The Game Life is like a video game.
我喜欢把生活和我青少年时沉迷的网络游戏《魔兽世界》作类比。
I enjoy making the connection between life and the MMORPG World of Warcraft that I spent a bit too much time playing as a teen.
游戏中,你会面临一系列选择和新手教程。
In the game, you are prompted with a series of choices and tutorials.
你要选择种族。
You choose your race.
你要选择职业。
You choose your class.
你要选择外观。
You choose your appearance.
随后你就会被传送到相应的新手区域。
You are launched into your relative starting zone.
你会学习游戏的基本原理、规则和机制。
You are taught the fundamentals, rules, and mechanics of the game.
你进行练习,升级几次,然后开始作为主角的旅程。
You practice, level up a few times, and begin your journey as the main character.
你解锁技能、特质、职业选项、特定战利品的地下城,以及加入公会和使用飞行快速旅行的能力。
You unlock skills, traits, profession options, dungeons for specific loot, and the abilities to join a guild and travel faster with flight.
所有这些选择决定了你所能获得的机会,以及你是否会享受这个游戏。
All of these choices determine the opportunities available to you and whether you will enjoy playing the game or not.
你可能不喜欢扮演辅助角色,但你可能喜欢扮演坦克并领导团队。
You may not like playing a support role, but you may love playing a tank and leading the group.
在现实生活中,我们可以随时选择重新开始游戏。
In real life, we can make the choice to start our game over at any point.
我们可以改变自己是谁,追求什么,并积累实现这一现实的资源,如技能、人脉和环境。
We can change who we are, what we pursue, and stack the resources that allow us to achieve that reality like skills, a network, and our environment.
在视频游戏中有NPC或非玩家角色。
In a video game there are NPCs or non player characters.
这些人被编程为仅仅存在于游戏中。
These are people who are programmed to simply exist in the game.
他们没有任何自主意识。
They have zero conscious thought.
你可以与他们互动,但他们在整个游戏中保持不变。
You can interact with them, but they stay the same for the entirety of the game.
他们永远不会升级。
They never level up.
引用:我们不断从父母、老师和朋友那里学习,而他们又从自己的父母、老师和朋友那里学习,这些人受到他们的人生道路、文化和社会的影响。
Quote, we learn and learn and learn from our parents, teachers, and friends who learn from their parents, teachers, and friends who are influenced by their life path, culture, and society.
学校、政府和宗教机构在权威性上排名最高,通常是你在寻求解决问题答案时最先接触到的信息来源。
Schools, governments, and religious institutions rank the highest in authority and are often the first sources of information you are exposed to when seeking an answer to solve your problems.
要在学校、社会和宗教中表现良好,你必须用学校、社会和宗教的教诲来洗涤心灵。
To be good in school, society, and religion, you must wash your mind with the teachings of school, society, and religion.
一个仅靠自身来维系意义的社会结构。
A social fabric that relies solely on itself to make sense.
毫无根据,却必不可少。
Groundless, but necessary.
是工具,而非主宰。
A tool, not a master.
通过社会教化,大多数人仍像NPC般按照既定程序进行游戏。
Through social conditioning, most people remain NPCs playing the game they were programmed to play.
从宏观角度看,这个元游戏就是社会本身。
From a macro perspective, this metagame is society.
从微观角度看,一切都是心理博弈。
From a micro perspective, everything is a mind game.
每个情境都包含一系列目标、问题及连接路径,每个人都会根据自身身份或视角来解读。
Every situation has a series of goals, problems, and paths in between that every individual perceives according to their identity or perspective.
若能重塑思维,将情境视为可自定义目标的游戏,规划路径并解码最优行动,连平凡日常也能变得妙趣横生。
If you can mold your mind to see a situation for what it is, a game, by creating your own goal, constructing a path to get there, and deciphering the most advantageous actions you can take, even mundane situations can become enjoyable.
游戏之所以令人愉悦,在于它能凝聚心神,消除那些会导致无聊或焦虑的干扰因素。
Games are enjoyable because they focus the mind and eliminate distractions that can replicate until you reach a state of boredom or anxiety.
游戏会呈现由高到低的目标序列,每个目标都对应特定难度的挑战。
Games present a descending series of goals each presenting a certain level of challenge.
引述:若你的能力与游戏挑战不匹配,那将会是糟糕的体验。
Quote, if your skill doesn't match the challenge that the game presents, you're in for a bad time.
若能力远超挑战难度,你会感到无聊。
If your skill is high and the challenge low, you will get bored.
若能力远低于挑战难度,你会陷入焦虑。
If your skill is low and the challenge is high, you will get anxious.
当挑战略高于你的能力水平,但你对自己的执行力有绝对信心时,你便触及了人类体验中无需药物、草药或其他外部物质就能达到的最愉悦境界。
When the challenge is just above your skill level, but you have absolute confidence in your ability to execute, you tap into what is arguably the most enjoyable point in the human experience that is accessible without drugs, herbs, or other external compounds, of course.
要在生活中创造乐趣,你必须设计宏观与微观的游戏。
To create enjoyment in your life, you must create macro and micro games.
人生的宏观游戏是以愿景为目标,以毕生事业为道路,而微观游戏则是沿途升级的方式。
The macro game of your life is your vision as the goal, life's work as the path, and micro games as the way to level up along the way.
微观游戏就是日常情境。
Micro games are everyday situations.
你必须以开放心态面对每个情境,设立自己的目标,并尝试赢得那些有助于实现愿景的游戏。
You must approach every situation with an open mind, create your own goal, and attempt to win the games that are conducive to your vision.
其余一切都是干扰。
Everything else is a distraction.
不要参与那些游戏。
Do not play those games.
如果参与了,就要从中学习。
And if you do, learn from them.
要快。
Fast.
第七章:透镜箴言 在主观现实中,你是视角的容器。
Chapter seven: The Lens Quote You are a perspective vessel in a subjective reality.
你有能力超越狭隘的自我认知转换视角,从更高、更整体的角度观察情境,涵盖背景、前景和细节。
You have the ability to shift that perspective beyond a narrow identity to view situations from a higher, more holistic perspective that encapsulates the background, foreground and detail of the situation.
视角就像一台单反相机。
Perspective is like a DSLR camera.
相机本身因其程序设定存在局限。
The camera itself has its limits due to how it is programmed.
你可以为相机安装不同镜头,根据拍摄意图以影响图像感知的方式捕捉场景。
You can attach different lenses to the camera to capture a situation in a way that influences how the image is perceived based on your intention with the shot.
在现实世界中,你的视角如同意识形态或观念,比如宗教信仰、饮食准则、商业模式和人际关系动态。
In the real world, your lenses are ideologies or perspectives like religious beliefs, diet guidelines, business models, and relationship dynamics.
大多数人一生都固守单一视角。
Most people have one lens stuck to their camera for life.
他们将永远无法看清全局、触及真相。
They will never see the big picture and get at the truth.
你的任务是要像变形者一样。
Your job is to be like a shape shifter.
研究多种视角,收集能让你从多元角度观察世界的镜片。
Study multiple perspectives and collect the lenses that allow you to see the world from multitude of perspectives.
这样才能减少被动反应,采取最有利于未来的行动。
This is how you stop reacting so much and take the actions that are best for your future.
相机的视野范围就是你的意识场域。
The field of view of the camera is your field of awareness.
当你拉近焦距专注某物时,背景就会模糊。
When you zoom in and focus on one thing, the background blurs.
这能在现实生活中创造专注力,消除干扰。
This creates focus in your practical life and eliminates distractions.
但长期保持这种狭窄视野会限制创造力。
But staying in this narrow focus limits your creativity.
有时你必须拉远镜头,收集真相、模式和创意资源。
At times, you must zoom out to gather truths, patterns, and creative resources.
然后才能重新聚焦,将其应用到实际生活中。
Then you can zoom back in to apply them to your practical life.
引述:此时此刻的你,是过去精神、身体、财务和心灵选择的具现。
Quote, you, at this very moment in time, are a manifestation of your past mental, physical, financial, and spiritual choices.
你想成为什么样的人,取决于此刻及未来每个选择,直到生命终结。
Who you want to become is a manifestation of the choices you make at this moment and the next until it all comes to an end.
要做出更好的决策,就不能像无意识的机器人那样度过一生。
To make better decisions, you can't go through life as a mindless robot.
你必须停下来,拓宽视野,以不反应的状态观察局势,然后做出能实现理想未来的最佳选择。
You must pause, gain perspective, perceive the situation from a place of non reaction, and make the best choice that actualizes your ideal future.
如果美好生活是由一系列高质量决策创造的,而高质量决策又源于低质量决策后的改进,那么带着微笑频繁且彻底地失败对你最有利。
If the good life is created by a series of high quality decisions, and the high quality decisions only stem from improvement after low quality decisions, then it is in your best interest to fail hard and often with a smile on your face.
在相同时间内,一个无论感受如何都做出100个决策的人,其进步速度将远超那个被思想奴役只做一个决策的人。
Given the same amount of time, a person who makes 100 decisions regardless of how they feel will make exponentially more progress than the person who makes one decision because they are a slave to their thoughts.
意识的本然状态是混沌。
The default state of consciousness is chaos.
除非你的头脑专注于某个想法、任务或刺激,否则它会滑向消极方向:焦虑或无聊。
Unless your mind is engaged with a thought, task, or stimulus, it will wander off in a negative direction: anxiety, or boredom.
当我们允许随机性进入生活,消极情绪的增长潜力就会扩大。
When we allow randomness into our lives, negativity increases in potential.
每产生一个积极念头,就会有100个消极念头——除非你拥有与理想未来一致的目标、路径和优先级来锚定注意力。
For every good thought, there are 100 negative thoughts if you do not have the purpose, path, or priority in alignment with your ideal future to ground your attention.
我可以幻想赚大钱,但如果缺乏明确目标,思绪就会飘向令人压力的账单、工作、学生贷款,这些念头会不断分裂,直到你被淹没在不堪重负中。
I can fantasize about making a lot of money, but if I don't have clarity, my mind will wander to stressful bills, work, student loans, and those thoughts will splinter into more until you are drowning in overwhelm.
出路在于精进之道。
The path out is the path of mastery.
通过自我教育、技能习得和日常实践,全力以赴为自己创造最佳生活。
The utter dedication to creating the best life for yourself through self education, skill acquisition, and daily practice.
引述:'对生活持封闭思维、追求速效药的态度是我们时代最大的陷阱,其影响远比普通人认为的更深——讽刺的是,他们认为自己没受封闭思维影响的想法,本身就是封闭思维的体现。'
Quote, the closed minded quick fix attitude toward life is the greatest trap of our times and it runs much deeper than the average person believes, which is ironic because the reason they think they aren't a victim of closed mindedness is closed mindedness in itself.
多数人在遇到第一丝困难时就关闭了思维。
Most people close their minds at the first hint of difficulty.
大师拥抱困难,因为他们经历过困难呈现的模式:感知阈值,或称跑步者的高潮。
Masters embrace difficulty because they've experienced the pattern it presents: the perception threshold, or runner's high.
当你坚持度过日益艰难的处境,终将突破至享受的状态。
When you stick through the increasing difficulty of a situation, eventually you break through to a state of enjoyment.
这种现象存在于宏观与微观层面。
This occurs in the macro and micro.
学习走路、说话或冲泡你最爱的咖啡,都不需要速成之法。
You don't need a quick fix to learn to walk, speak, or brew your favorite coffee.
这些技能源于必要性与兴趣,尽管它们和学习其他技能一样困难。
Those came from necessity and interest even though they are as difficult as learning any other skill.
若你不将理想未来视为必需或兴趣,处境就会变得比实际更难。
Since you don't treat your ideal future as a necessity or interest, situations become more difficult than they are.
不要与之对抗,要与之共舞。
Don't fight with it, flow with it.
第八章:终极公式 多数人在毕业后就停止了学习。
Chapter eight: The Formula Most people stop learning after graduation.
这很危险。
This is dangerous.
你会陷入重复性任务的泥潭,生活一成不变,继而感到厌倦。
You get trapped completing repetitive tasks, life stays the same, you get bored.
解药是通过学习、创造和探索,打造有趣的人生。
The cure is to learn, build, and discover your way into an interesting life.
在已知领域中不可能实现改变。
It is impossible to change in the known.
相同的日常、相同的工作、相同的物理/心理/数字环境、相同的身份、相同的视角。
The same routines, the same job, the same physical, mental, and digital environments, the same identity, the same perspective.
若你感到迷茫,解决之道恰恰相反。
If you feel lost, the solution is counterintuitive.
主动投身未知,让自己更加迷失。
Throw yourself into the unknown and become even more lost.
换个环境,读新书,掌握新技能来转行,或是开创自己的事业。
Move locations, read new books, acquire new skills to change careers, or build your own business.
强迫自己进入一个能获得清晰认知和兴趣的领域,然后找到出路。
Force yourself into a place where you can gain clarity and interest, then discover your way out.
如果你对任何事都不感兴趣,那是因为你未曾涉足未知领域。
If you aren't interested in anything, it's because you aren't in the unknown.
你根本没有机会发现自己的兴趣所在。
You don't have a chance at finding your interests.
要做好这件事,你需要通过逆向愿景和正向愿景来构建认知框架。
In order to do this well, you need an anti vision and vision to create the frame of your perspective.
一个目标提供观察情境和识别问题的视角,一条路径为你的教育、技能获取和建设带来清晰方向,以及每天专注的优先事项来锚定注意力。
A purpose to provide a lens to perceive situations and identify problems, a path to bring clarity to your education, skill acquisition, and building, and a priority to focus on every single day and ground your attention.
所有这些共同构建了一个免受干扰且随成长不断扩展的思维体系。
All of these create a mind that is protected from distractions and expands with each level you reach.
逆向愿景与正向愿景。
The anti vision and vision.
引述:首先,要残酷地认清两件事。
Quote, first, become brutally aware of two things.
第一,你不想要什么。
One, what you don't want.
第二,如果继续当前行为,你最终会走向何方。
Two, where you will end up if you keep doing what you've been doing.
观察大众,看看无意识行为会导致什么结果。
Observe the masses and see where mindless action leads.
展开剩余字幕(还有 304 条)
那并不美好。
It's not pretty.
通过反思和经历来明确自己不想要什么,比明确自己想要什么更容易。
It's easier to know what you don't want from reflection and experience than it is to know what you want.
你可以通过理解自己不想做什么,来明确真正想要什么。
You can understand what you don't want to provide insight into what you do want.
这是一个迭代的过程。
This is an iterative process.
你自认为的渴望可能在一年、一个月甚至一周内改变,但若不犯错,你永远无法意识到这点。
What you think you want can change in a year, month or week, but you will never realize that without making mistakes.
错误是指引你走向更好生活的罗盘。
Mistakes are your compass toward a better life.
要创建你的反向愿景和理想愿景,请从这些问题开始。
To create your anti vision and vision, start with these questions.
对你而言,令人不满的一天是怎样的?
What does an unfulfilling day look like to you?
你理想中的一天是怎样的?
What does your ideal day look like?
你会避免与哪种类型的人成为伴侣?
What kind of person would you avoid as a significant other?
你理想中的伴侣是什么样子?
What is your ideal version of a significant other?
你不想以怎样的外表、感受和方式行事?
How do you not want to look, feel, and act?
你希望以怎样的外表、感受和方式行事?
How do you want to look, feel, and act?
维持你的生活方式,多少钱算太少?
How much money is too little to sustain your lifestyle?
为什么这个数额太少?
Why is it too little?
有了那笔钱,你仍无法做到什么?
What won't you be able to do with that money?
你最讨厌生活在什么样的环境中?
What environment would you hate living in?
为什么?
Why?
你理想的环境是什么样的?
What is your ideal environment?
具体描述一下这些方面。
Get specific with these.
把这些写在日记或笔记本里,当灵感来临时随时补充。
Write these down in a journal or notebook and add to them as inspiration strikes.
目标、路径、优先级。
Purpose, path, priority.
你当前的目标就是生活中最紧迫的问题,那个你一直拖延未解决的问题。
Your purpose is the most pressing problem in your life right now, the one you've been putting off solving.
引用:'你的人生目标是你在世界上想要解决的大问题,但大多数人缺乏个人、职业或社交方面的发展去追求它。'
Quote, your life's purpose is the big problem you want to solve in the world, but most people don't have the personal, professional, or social development to pursue that.
目标会从肤浅层面逐渐升华到形而上层面,你无法跳过中间步骤。
Purpose evolves from superficial to metaphysical and you cannot skip steps.
在你去解决世界上的大问题之前,你必须先解决自己生活中的大问题。
Before you go off to solve big problems in the world, you must solve the big problems in your life.
健康、财富和人际关系是你最迫切需要解决的问题所在。
Health, wealth, and relationships are where your burning problems exist.
解决它们。
Fix them.
仅此就能为好奇心、创造力和意识打开空间,因为你的大脑不再被生存压力所困扰。
That alone will open up room for curiosity, creativity, and consciousness because your mind is not plagued with the stress of survival.
你的路径是一个随着时间演变的目标层级结构,与你不断发展的目标保持一致。
Your path is a hierarchy of goals that evolves with time in alignment with your evolving purpose.
要提升思维境界,你必须掌握技能、接受教育并获取知识。
There are skills, education, and knowledge you must acquire to reach a new level of mind.
这是一条永无止境的道路,通往精通之道。
This is a never ending path, the path of mastery.
将你生活的各个领域——健康、财富和人际关系——逐一拆解,找出那些能创造更好生活的小而关键的优先行动。
Deconstruct each domain of your life, health, wealth, and relationships into a path to uncover the small priority actions you must take to create a better life.
你不必同时专注于所有方面,但最终都需要逐一改进。
You don't have to focus on them all at once, but you will need to improve them all eventually.
财富与人际关系的提升程度取决于健康状况,反之亦然。
Wealth and relationships can only improve as much as your health and vice versa.
你的首要任务将包括每天投入专门时间进行学习或建设。
Your priority will involve learning or building for a dedicated time block every day.
这一点将在项目章节中更深入讨论。
This is discussed in more depth in the project chapter.
在探索之路上,让好奇心引领你发现生活呈现的机遇冰山。
Along your journey, let curiosity be your guide into the icebergs of opportunity that life presents.
好奇心是你前进路上的燃料。
Curiosity is the fuel along your path.
当你向未知领域推进时,新奇信息会吸引你的注意。
As you are pushing into the unknown, novel information will grab your attention.
这些可能成为你最好的朋友,也可能成为最糟糕的敌人。
These can be your best friend or worst enemy.
有四种途径可以进一步满足你的好奇心。
There are four paths you can take to pursue your curiosity further.
其一是欣赏。
One is appreciation.
珍惜你遇到的每一个想法、每一个人和每一次机遇。
Appreciate the ideas, people, and opportunities that you encounter.
你不必评判或投射。
You don't have to judge or project.
欣赏它们的本来面目。
Appreciate them for what they are.
二是理解。
Two is understanding.
你可以寻求更深入地理解这些机会。
You can seek to understand the opportunities deeper.
这需要你沉浸在与该领域相关的书籍、内容和信息中。
This requires immersing yourself in books, content, and information relevant to that area.
三是精通。
Three is mastery.
一旦你理解了某件事,就可以选择精通它。
Once you understand something, you can then choose to master it.
当你感到有深入探索的冲动时,不要压抑它。
When you feel the pull to go deeper, don't suppress it.
四是变现。
Four is monetization.
当你全力投入少数几个领域时,你可以将这些技能和兴趣与商业原则结合,以此谋生。
When you go all in on a select few areas, you can pair those skills and interests with business principles to create a living out of it.
通过追求与愿景一致的目标层级潜入未知领域,自我教育以获得清晰认知,执行最小优先级的任务,并保持开放心态去发现生活的新可能。
Dive into the unknown by pursuing your vision aligned hierarchy of goals, educate yourself to gain clarity, execute the smallest priority task, and keep an open mind to discover new potentials for your life.
第九章:变革 我们正生活在看似第二个黄金时代的时期。
Chapter nine: The Shift We are living through what seems to be a second golden age.
正规教育正受到独立教育家、记者、专家和艺术家的挑战,他们试图打破薪资和物理范围的限制。
The formal education is being challenged by independent educators, journalists, experts, and artists that sought to remove the cap from their salary and physical reach.
银行体系正受到去中心化货币程序员的挑战。
The banking system is being challenged by decentralized currency programmers.
政府正面临远程办公和多重国籍避税需求的挑战。
The government is being challenged by remote work and the desire for multi nation citizenship to pay less taxes.
小时候,我感到很孤独。
When I was a child, I felt alone.
我觉得自己无法与同龄人产生共鸣。
I felt like I couldn't relate to my peers.
他们都盲目听从父母、老师,毫无主见地迎合朋友,从不质疑这些决定是否正确。
They all obeyed their parents, teachers and conformed to their friends without questioning whether or not it was the right decision.
他们按部就班地上学、工作,从此再也听不到他们有任何精彩的人生故事。
They went to school, got a job, and from that point forward you never heard anything interesting from them again.
正规教育有其价值,但人们逐渐对其保障未来的能力失去信心。
Formal education has its place, but people are losing trust in its ability to secure their future.
人们花费4到12年时间和数万美元——这还不算之前12年的公立学校教育——最终换来的往往只是一纸文凭,这种现象太普遍了。
It's all too common for people to invest four to twelve years and tens of thousands of dollars after twelve prior years of public schooling to be left with close to nothing but a piece of paper.
对于那些渴望充实工作与自由时间的人来说,传统职业给不了这些。
For those who want fulfilling work and an open schedule, a job isn't going to give it to you.
我在大学度过五年后醒悟过来:当时还剩两年毕业,即便有全额奖学金仍贷款两万美元,明明渴望开辟自己的道路,却不得不为求职所困——这成了我人生的噩梦。
I realized this after spending five years at university, having two years left to complete my degree, taking out $20,000 in loans even when I had a full ride scholarship, knowing I wanted to create my own path, getting a job was the bane of my existence.
出于好奇选修网页开发入门课程后,我发现了自己的热爱,用不到一个月自学完成全部课程,经历多次创业失败后,凭借自学成果在首次面试就获得高薪技术工作——虽然当时不得不为生存接受这份工作。
Discovering my love for web development after taking an introductory course out of curiosity, learning the entire course curriculum through self education in less than a month, using my self study to get a high paying tech job after my first interview after multiple business failures and accepting that I had to get a job to survive.
正规教育的现实给了我一记耳光。
The reality of formal education slapped me in the face.
如果六个月自学能比五年正规教育学到更多实用技能,为什么我没早点这么做?
If I could learn more useful skills in six months of self education than I could in five years of formal education, why hadn't I done that earlier?
如果通过自学不仅能获得比多数人更高薪的工作,最终还能转化为超级盈利的事业,为什么我要在大学浪费那么多时间?
If I could get a higher paying job than most of the population through my studies that would eventually transfer over into a hyper profitable business, why did I waste so much time in college?
这引出了深度知识的重要性。
This introduces the importance of deep knowledge.
好奇心是实现你梦想的道路。
Curiosity is the path to doing the things you want to do.
好奇心塑造了独一无二的你,这在自动化工作的未来中至关重要。
Curiosity is what makes you, you, and that is a necessity heading into the future of automated work.
如果你和所有人学习相同的东西,只为跻身少数现存岗位,那么你几乎可以被任何人取代。
If you learn the same thing as everyone else to be trained into the select few jobs that are left, you can be replaced by almost anyone.
解决之道在于深度学习。
The solution is deep knowledge.
我喜欢把深度学习比作思维的压缩文件。
I like to think of deep knowledge as a zip file for the mind.
随着传统教育体系走向终结(正如所有事物都会消亡),我确信未来的教育将由线上创作者担任教师,每位学生都能加入最符合其兴趣、价值观和学习方式的学校。
With the formal education system nearing its end, as all things do, I'm convinced that the future of schooling will be done online with creators as teachers and each student can join the school that aligns the most with their interests, values, and preferred method of learning.
单一的学校体系将不再主宰他们的童年和青年时期。
One school system wouldn't dominate their childhood and early adulthood.
学生将根据课程、导师关系和内容提供的深度学习,在不同创作者之间流动,形成去中心化的学校体系。
Students would evolve from creator to creator according to the deep knowledge they provide in their courses, mentorships, and content as decentralized schools.
深度学习是能逐步提升学生思维水平的知识。
Deep knowledge is information that gradually raises the level of mind of the student.
它能帮助学生解决一系列问题,最终实现具有意义的目标层级。
It helps them solve a sequence of problems toward a meaningful hierarchy of goals.
未来的工作形态正在我们眼前形成。
The future of work is being created right before our eyes.
通过获取和传播深度学习,你有能力开创自己的事业,因为未来要求我们用思维而非时间换取收入。
You have the ability to create your own career through the acquisition and distribution of deep knowledge, because the future demands that we earn with our mind, not our time.
你必须从表层到形而上层面解决自身问题,从而提升你能为世界提供的价值。
You must solve your own problems from superficial to metaphysical to increase the value you have to offer to the world.
互联网就是一个巨大的社区。
The internet is one big community.
你们的祖先曾是各自社区里的创业者。
Your ancestors were entrepreneurs within their own communities.
每个人都发挥着自己最擅长的角色。
Everyone fulfilled a role that they were best suited for.
创业就是现代生存法则,而互联网就是你的猎场。
Entrepreneurship is modern survival and the internet is your hunting ground.
你通过追随好奇心猎取深层知识。
You hunt for deep knowledge by pursuing your curiosity.
多巴胺是你的指南针,但你必须摆脱那些即时快感带来的多巴胺麻醉,才能真正理解这一点。
Dopamine is your compass and you will need to break free of your drip fed dopamine sedation of quick pleasures for this to make sense.
第十章 新贵阶层 没人说过他们想每周工作四十多小时,用无脑娱乐麻痹自己,把梦想一拖再拖,直到某天醒来才惊觉时光飞逝。
CHAPTER 10 THE NEW RICH Nobody said they wanted to work forty plus hours a week, numb their mind with mindless entertainment, and put off their dreams just to wake up one day wondering where the time went.
但这就是大多数人的日常。
Yet that's what everyone does.
'工作'这个词会引发一连串压力思绪,让人想到明天、后天乃至余生永远要做的事。
The word work creates a cascade of stressful thoughts and emotions about what people have to do tomorrow and the next day forever until their life ends.
人们没意识到工作是生活的必要组成部分。
People don't realize that work is a necessary part of life.
它为休息提供对比。
It brings contrast to rest.
人人都想大半辈子躺在沙滩上喝椰汁,但当真有了空闲时间,他们反而可能是最痛苦的。
Everyone wants to spend the majority of their life sipping coconuts on the beach, but when they have free time on their hands, they are arguably the most miserable.
他们不明白工作能为心灵带来秩序。
They don't realize that work brings order to the mind.
终生事业这个概念从未掠过麻木大众的脑海。
The concept of a life's work doesn't cross the minds of the mindless masses.
你毕生的事业正是你对未来愿景的固有组成部分。
Your life's work is an inherent part of your vision for the future.
这就是你如何将随时间积累的价值影响力传递给他人,借助互联网的力量,这从未如此可行。
It is how you spread the impact of the value you develop over time to others and, with the power of the internet, it has never been so feasible.
你必须通过有意识的生活方式设计,为人生事业创造空间。
You must create space for your life's work through intentional lifestyle design.
如果你不主动掌控时间,时间就会被别人夺走。
If you don't take the time, it will be taken from you.
在这个推崇80小时工作周、高压环境无处不在、休息恢复时间稀缺的世界里,你必须奋起反抗。
In a world where eighty hour workweeks are encouraged, high pressure environments are abundant, and little time is given for rest and recovery, you must fight back.
引用:四小时工作制、单一专注和有意义的工作正在互联网小众圈层成为新常态,这有其深刻道理。
Quote, four hour workdays, singular focus, and meaningful work are becoming the norm in small pockets of the Internet and for good reason.
古罗马人、古希腊人、史蒂夫·乔布斯、查尔斯·达尔文,以及越来越多的远见者、战略家和创新者,都将成功归因于极短的工作时长配合大量散步等休闲活动。
Ancient Romans and Greeks, Steve Jobs, Charles Darwin, and an ever growing list of visionaries, strategists, and innovators attribute their success to surprisingly low work times accompanied by an abundance of restful activities like long walks.
大多数人看到成功的创意工作者,就以为他们比普通员工工作时间更长。
Most people see successful creatives and assume they work longer than the average employee.
这是错误的。
This is false.
世界上最具影响力的创意工作者们的工作时长会让你惊掉下巴,因为他们明白专注力有限,而创造力需要摆脱对工作的狭隘聚焦。
Most of the world's most impactful creatives worked for an amount of time that would make your jaw drop because they understood that focus is finite and creativity demands a lack of narrow focus on work.
休息能拓宽你的注意力广度,让大脑接收新想法和解决方案。
Rest opens your focus to allow your mind to register new ideas and solutions.
要开始你的生活方式设计,请遵循以下流程。
To start your lifestyle design, follow this process.
拿出一个笔记本。
Pull out a notebook.
详细记录你每时每刻在做什么以及为什么这样做。
Write down exactly what you are doing and why you do it at every minute of the day.
准确写下你在清晨、午后和夜晚的感受。
Write down exactly how you feel in the morning, afternoon, and night.
优先处理、删减并重组你的一天,让自己感觉更好且拥有更多时间。
Prioritize, remove, and restructure your day in a way that allows you to feel better and have more time.
这需要你对自己诚实。
This requires honesty with yourself.
建立一个为期一周的系统来逆转日常生活中的熵增。
Create a week long system to reverse entropy in your daily routine.
规划好你的晨间惯例、专注工作时段、其他任务与会议,以及夜间作息。
Plan out your morning routine, focused work routine, other tasks and meetings, and your nightly routine.
接下来一周里,回顾你的笔记并开始迭代系统中不奏效的部分。
Over the next week, go back to your notebook and begin iterating on things that don't work in your system.
为确保最佳思维产出、创造力和生活享受,需要考虑三个方面:如何充实你的头脑,如何清空你的头脑,以及如何运用你的头脑。
To ensure maximum mental output, creativity, and life enjoyment, there are three things to consider: how you fill your mind, how you empty your mind, and how you use your mind.
你有责任通过时间和实践来创建每日系统,但应该将这三大领域融入你一天的各项活动中。
It is up to you to create a daily system with time and practice, but you should incorporate these three areas throughout the activities in your day.
首先是充实头脑。
One is fill your mind.
你需要能应用于目标的教育、想法和新颖资源。
You need education, ideas, and novel resources you can apply towards your goals.
这会带来内在动力。
This leads to intrinsic motivation.
第二是清空头脑。
Two is empty your mind.
你不想被困在混乱的思维泡沫中,即使其中包含有用想法。
You don't want to be trapped in a chaotic bubble of thoughts and useful ideas.
这正是你毫无进展的原因。
That's exactly how you make zero progress.
把想法写下来。
Write things down.
三是善用你的心智。
Three is use your mind.
你需要一个载体来集中精力实现你的想法,并以清晰的思路去执行。
You need a vessel to focus your efforts with your ideas and the clarity to execute.
构建你的未来。
Build your future.
我们深知用创意火力充实头脑的重要性,也明白清空头脑为创意涌现留出空间的必要性。
We understand the importance of filling our minds with creative firepower and emptying our minds to allow space for creative emergence.
现在我们需要学习如何将这种创造力聚焦到工作中。
Now we need to learn how to focus that creativity into our work.
引述:四小时专注工作胜过八小时分心工作。
Quote, four hours of focused work is better than eight hours of distracted work.
小时候我听说过蒂莫西·费里斯的《每周工作四小时》。
When I was a kid, I heard about The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss.
不知为何,四小时工作日的概念在我整个青年时期都萦绕在脑海中。
For some reason, the notion of a four hour work day stuck in my head throughout my young adulthood.
仅这一点就改变了我的人生方向。
This alone changed the direction of my life.
我把每天工作超过四小时视为需要解决的问题。
I perceived anything more than four hours of work a day as a problem.
我从未将想要实现的生活方式标记为不可能。
I didn't label the lifestyle I wanted to achieve as impossible.
这迫使我在工作时间超过四小时时,大脑就会开始构思创新解决方案。
This forced my mind to work on a creative solution whenever I worked longer than four hours.
我得以发现商业机会,让我每天只需工作两小时,而其他人做着同样的事却要工作八到十二小时。
I was able to notice opportunities in business that allowed me to work two hours a day while everyone else worked eight to twelve hour days doing the same thing.
对大多数人来说,四小时工作日目前还无法实现。
For most people, the four hour workday isn't a possibility right now.
不是因为一开始你需要工作更长时间,而是因为之后你可以工作更短时间。
Not because you'll have to work longer at the start, but because you'll have to work shorter.
如果你有工作、配偶或家庭,显然你需要从小处着手并优先安排工作。
If you have a job, spouse, or family, it is obvious that you will need to start small and prioritize your work.
从每天一小时开始,随着取得成效,逐步增加到四小时工作制。
Start with one hour a day and as you get results, increase to a four hour workday.
为什么是四小时?
Why four hours?
因为根据个人经验、科学研究以及全球最受尊敬的创意人士的案例,三到五小时是心智能量消耗的最佳区间。
Because from personal experience, scientific studies, and anecdotes from the world's most respected creatives, three to five hours is a sweet spot for mental energy expenditure.
以四小时为截止期限,构建了一个你可以赢得胜利的游戏框架。
Four hours as a deadline creates the frame of a game that you can play to win.
如果你扮演一个只工作四小时的角色并将这种特质内化,你就会感受到在规定时间内完成工作的压力。
If you play the character of someone who only works four hours and you've internalized that trait, then you will feel the pressure to complete your work within that time.
更妙的是,当你把工作时间分割成更小的区块时,就创造了一个强大的环境,能将注意力聚焦到具有良性压力的高效状态。
Even better, when you chunk that work session up into smaller time blocks, you create a powerful environment to narrow your focus into a productive state of good stress.
如果你能花八小时为他人筑梦,就能花一小时为自己圆梦。
If you can spend eight hours building someone else's dreams, you can spend one hour building your own.
第十一章:技能叠加 工作形态正在改变。
Chapter 11: The Skill Stack The state of work is changing.
专才已过时,但通才同样面临淘汰。
Specialists are out, but so are generalists.
我们正处在一个专业化通才的时代。
We live in a time of specialized generalism.
你必须追随好奇心,痴迷于现实的某个缝隙,叠加技能来解决该领域内的迫切问题,并让你技能树的根基延伸到其他相关领域。
You must pursue your curiosity, become obsessed with one crevice of reality, stack skills to solve burning problems within that domain, and let the base of your skill tree spread its roots into other connected domains.
在这个数字复兴时代,成为专才是被取代的最佳途径。
Becoming a specialist is a great way to get replaced in this digital renaissance.
将自己局限于单一技能并非实现独立成功之道。
Pigeonholing yourself into one skill is not the path to independent success.
若成为专家,你虽能为他人工作换取丰厚薪水,却未意识到正是他们赋予你获取报酬的机会。
If you become a specialist, you can work for someone else for a pretty paycheck, but you don't realize that they are the reason you can get paid.
你无法创造独立收入,因为你尚未掌握那些能让你获得报酬的技能。
You can't create an independent income because you haven't learned those skills that allow you to get paid.
大企业设有市场、销售、运营等部门,各司其职以获取客户并交付产品。
Big businesses have marketing, sales, operations, and other departments that all serve a role in acquiring customers and delivering their products.
除了令人分心的享乐外,你作为个体所能学习和应用的事物并无限制。
There are no limits aside from pleasurable distractions to what you can learn and apply as one person.
个人可通过学习设计、营销、写作和视频制作,经营价值数百万美元的生意,销售他们生活中已解决问题的方案。
Individuals can learn design, marketing, writing, and video to run a multi million dollar business selling a solution to the problem they solved in their lives.
得益于互联网上可获取的深度知识,通过六到十二个月的专注努力,你就能在任何技能领域跻身前10%。
Thanks to deep knowledge being accessible to those who want to find it on the internet, you can become top 10% in any skill with six to twelve months of focused effort.
当你将下文讨论的技能组合运用时,机会表面积将呈指数增长。
When you combine the skills we will discuss below, your opportunity surface area compounds.
信息与媒介。
The message and medium.
没有价值交换就不可能实现你定义的成功。
It is impossible to achieve your version of success without value exchange.
你必须成为有价值信息的载体,并在人际关系、商业和日常生活中用它交换你期望的价值形式。
You must become a vessel of valuable information and exchange it for your desired form of value in relationships, business, and everyday life.
换言之,若想赚钱——即获得你期望的价值形式——就必须用你自身的价值形式与拥有金钱的人进行交换。
In other words, if you want to make money, the form of value you want, then you have to exchange your own form of value with someone that has money.
财富不会凭空出现。
It isn't just going to appear out of thin air.
有价值的信息传递方式应具备共鸣性、易理解且可执行。
A valuable message is a way to communicate with others that is relatable, understandable, and actionable.
这需要理解人性和心理学。
This requires an understanding of human nature and psychology.
最佳方式是学习市场营销和销售,因为它们包含了理解心理学的实用框架,并有真实世界的实践。
The best way to do this is to learn marketing and sales because they contain practical frameworks for understanding psychology with real world practice.
价值由感知决定,而感知受个人世界观的影响。
Value is determined by perception and perception is influenced by an individual's worldview.
要让你的信息传播有价值,必须针对某个群体或个人的心智水平、身份认同和条件反射来精心设计。
To spread valuable information with your message, it must be crafted for a group or individual's level of mind, identity, and conditioning.
有些特定词汇可以用来捕捉、保持并传递注意力价值。
There are certain words you can craft to capture, hold, and deliver value on attention.
你必须让人们关注你,否则他们的注意力会被更有吸引力或更有价值的事物吸引。
You must get people to focus on you or else their focus will gravitate towards something more distracting or valuable.
你的信息必须模仿宇宙的运行方式。
Your message must mimic the universe.
讲述故事,带领人们经历高潮与低谷,像你最喜欢的电影那样激发情感,开启好奇心循环来吸引注意,激化问题以塑造他们的观点,通过个人经历产生共鸣,暗示一个理想结果的目标,为他们提供实现该结果的路径。
Tell stories, lead people through highs and lows, spark emotions like your favorite movies, open a curiosity loop to capture attention, agitate a problem that then shapes their perspective, relate with them through personal experience, imply a goal with a desirable end result, provide a path for them to follow to achieve that result.
价值就是行为改变。
Value is behavior change.
传播信息的媒介是写作或演讲。
The medium by which you spread your message is writing or speaking.
意识中有内容,集体意识中也有内容。
There is content in consciousness and content in the collective consciousness.
你心智的前端是意识中的内容,而互联网的前端是集体意识中的内容。
The front end of your mind is content in your consciousness and the front end of the internet is content in the collective consciousness.
你心智的后端是塑造你身份的无意识程序,而互联网的后端是承载内容的程序化操作系统。
The back end of your mind is the unconscious programming that shapes who you are and the back end of the internet is the programmed operating system that houses content.
将内容放入虚拟现实,就是你通过商业为人类做出贡献的方式。
Putting content into virtual reality is how you contribute to humanity through business.
从学习写作开始,通过营销和销售掌握心理学,为互联网世界创作有价值的内容。
Start by learning to write, harness psychology through marketing and sales, and write a valuable message for the world to discover on the internet.
持续写作有助于提升表达能力。
Consistent writing helps your speaking.
写作对所有人开放。
Writing is accessible to anyone.
互联网上的一切都始于文字。
Everything on the internet starts with writing.
电子邮件、帖子、广告、视频脚本、字幕、私信等等。
Emails, posts, advertisements, video scripts, captions, direct messages, and more.
不要认为人类心理学不适用于任何形式的写作,无论你在何处写作。
Do not think that human psychology does not apply to any and all forms of writing regardless of where you write it.
写作、演讲、营销和销售是决定你所学其他技能成果的基础能力。
Writing, speaking, marketing, and sales are the foundational skills that will determine the results of any other skill you learn.
结果导向型技能。
Results oriented skills.
引用:结果导向型技能是你运用所选信息和媒介的方式。
Quote, results oriented skills are how you apply your message and medium of choice.
它们是传递价值的载体。
They are the vessel for distributing your value.
信息和媒介是永恒的,而结果导向型技能会随环境变化。
The message and the medium are evergreen, while results oriented skills change with the landscape.
你必须紧跟兴趣领域的发展脉搏,以免随时间推移被淘汰。
You must keep your finger on the pulse of advancements in your interest so that you don't fade out as time progresses.
在当下这个时代,结果导向型技能是数字化的。
At this point in time, results oriented skills are digital.
我们生活的世界已不再是印刷机刚发明时,盈利技能都围绕其展开的时代了。
We don't live in a world where the printing press was just invented and profitable skills revolved around that.
我们生活在一个数字化的世界。
We live in a digital world.
这些以结果为导向的技能会不断变化,但电子邮件营销、平面设计、摄像、摄影、剪辑、动画、人工智能和社交媒体等技能,让我们能够通过选择的媒介将信息应用于当前环境。
These results oriented skills are subject to change, but email marketing, graphic design, videography, photography, editing, animation, artificial intelligence, and social media are a few that allow us to apply our message to the current landscape with our medium of choice.
这些技能不仅对你的业务有用,对他人也同样有益。
These skills are not only useful for your business, but for others.
所有品牌、创作者和学生都会在个人和职业生活中遇到需要解决的问题。
All brands, creators, and students have problems that they want solved in their personal and professional lives.
当你将结果导向型技能与长青技能相结合时,你可以在自己的业务上实践,或创建产品服务来运用这些技能帮助他人发展业务。
When you stack results oriented skills with evergreen skills, you can practice on your own business or create a product or service to use those skills to grow someone else's.
如果你投入相当于获得一个学位的时间来建立拥有5万名志同道合读者的邮件列表,这个容量是专业足球场可容纳人数的两倍。
If you invest the time it would take to get a degree in building an email list of 50,000 like minded readers, that's twice the capacity of what a professional football stadium can hold.
现在,如果你能构思出有说服力的信息,写几封邮件,并推广你为解决自身问题而创建的产品,那么你一个月至少赚到美国平均工资,我一点也不会感到惊讶。
Now, if you craft a persuasive message, write a few emails, and promote a product that you've created as a solution to your own problems, I would not be surprised if you made the average United States salary in a month, minimum.
第12章:项目一模式 我注意到自己生活中一个模式:总会挤出时间来构建属于自己的东西。
Chapter 12: The Project One pattern I've noticed in my life is that I've always carved out time to build something of my own.
像学业、客户工作,甚至是职场分配的项目虽然必要,但它们无法带给我所追求的满足感。
Things like schoolwork, client work, and even projects assigned to me on a job were necessary, but they didn't bring me the fulfillment I was looking for.
我意识到大多数人缺乏满足感的根源在于,他们从未主动选择学习或构建过自己真正想做的事。
I realized that the source of most people's lack of fulfillment is that they've never learned or built something that they chose to learn or build.
从出生起,人们的思想输入输出就被传统人生路径所奴役。
The inputs and outputs of one's mind were enslaved since birth with the conventional life path.
学习这个,构建那个,直到人们开始憎恶这两件本可让他们获得自由的事。
Learn this, build that, to the point where people hate the only two things that will free them from that enslavement.
如果你不做选择,社会就会替你选择。
If you don't make a choice, society chooses for you.
持续不断地推进个人进化项目,让我的每一天都充满新鲜感。
Having a perpetual stream of evolving personal projects to work on first thing brought novelty to my days.
我在多个领域的发现、见解和进步,是我对生活充满热情的源泉。
The discoveries, insight, and progress that I made across multiple domains were the source of my zest for life.
项目是具象化的目标层级,它能梳理思维,而你正是那个无限延伸的项目。
A project is a tangible hierarchy of goals that orders the mind and you are the infinite project.
你就是自己毕生的作品。
You are your life's work.
你本身就是一个承载着多个项目的容器,每个项目都有其意义、路径和优先级,当它们实现时,便能推动你不断进化。
You are a project that houses projects each with a purpose, path, and priority that when actualized allows you to evolve.
项目是你向未知抛出的锚点,让你能逆着艰难的学习激流,最终完成目标。
A project is how you throw an anchor in the unknown and pull yourself through a difficult current of learning experiences to complete the project.
学习的源泉在于挣扎,而非死记硬背。
The source of learning is struggle, not memorization.
学习是将知识转化为理解的过程,而人生的低谷正是叠加式课程显现的时刻——但前提是你要在实践中运用它。
Learning is the process of turning knowledge into understanding, and the lowest points of your life are those where a stackable lesson presents itself, but only if you apply it in reality.
项目能帮你构建所学知识的框架。
Projects help you frame what you learn.
它们让你能追逐目标、遭遇障碍,并从伴随的问题中重塑思维。
They allow you to pursue a goal, hit a roadblock, and frame your mind from the accompanying problem.
唯有如此,你才能真正学到能立即应用的实用知识。
Only from there can you truly learn something useful that can be instantly applied.
要高效学习信息,不要先急着开始学习。
To learn information with efficiency, don't start learning first.
先为你想要达成的目标创建一个项目。
Create a project for the goal you want to achieve.
设计实现该目标的路径或系统。
Create a path or system to achieve that goal.
用已知的知识在现实世界中开始构建这个项目。
Start building the project in the real world with what you know.
向人们传授你正在构建的内容。
Teach people about what you are building.
对象可以是朋友、家人或网络同好。
This can be friends, family, or internet peers.
当无法继续构建或表达想法时,识别知识缺口。
Identify knowledge gaps when you can't build further or articulate your thoughts.
深入学习以填补这些知识缺口。
Study deep knowledge to fill those knowledge gaps.
回归构建与教学。
Return to building and teaching.
无限循环这个过程。
Repeat forever.
这种学习方式通过新颖性、模式识别和自我实验来最大化你接触的信息流。
This learning process utilizes novelty, pattern recognition, and self experimentation to maximize the flow of information you experience.
引述:多数人不断学习学习再学习,却在构建时不得不从头开始,因为他们发现所学知识对当前项目没有直接用处。
Quote: Most people learn and learn and learn just to start over when it comes time to build because they realize that everything they've learned has no direct use in the project they began.
他们缺乏一个具体目标作为解读学习成果的透镜。
They don't have a goal specific lens to interpret their learnings from.
彻底解决问题的唯一途径是自我实验。
The only way to solve your problems for good is through self experimentation.
自我实验与盲目信任理论、导师、信仰体系、意识形态、操作建议或教条截然相反。
Self experimentation is the opposite of blind trust in a theory, guru, belief system, ideology, how to advice, or dogma.
这是发现真正适合你及其无限独特需求的唯一方法。
It is the only way to discover what truly works for you and your infinitely unique needs.
对于任何问题,你都有数十种甚至上百种解决方案可选。
For any given problem, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of options available to you to solve it.
局限于已知的一两种方法可能无法解决问题。
Limiting yourself to the one or two that you know may not solve your problem.
你的任务是研究大量解决问题的方案。
Your job is to research a plethora of solutions to your problem.
测试所有方案,不要局限于某一个。
Test them all without latching onto one.
注意它们之间的原则、模式和真相。
Note principles, patterns, and truths between them.
留意对你有用但对他人未必有效的方法。
Note what gets you results but may not get others results.
开始运用所学知识创造你自己的解决方案。
Begin to create your own solution with what you've learned.
这才是真正价值所在。
This is where true value is cultivated.
这种价值可以用于盈利,也可以用来改善生活。
This value can be used for profit or just to make your life better.
如果你有感情问题,可以尝试静修、聘请心理咨询师、阅读建议类书籍,或直接与伴侣共同解决。
If you have relationship problems, try going on a retreat, hiring a therapist, reading a book with advice, or working on it directly with your partner.
如果你有财务问题,可以尝试制定预算、开展副业或提升技能以获得更高薪工作。
If you have money problems, try creating a budget, starting a side business, or improving your skill set to get a higher paying job.
如果你有健康问题,可以尝试生酮饮食等流行疗法,学习营养学原理,并全面了解信息直到掌握全貌。
If you have health problems, try fad diets like carnivore or keto, study nutrition principles, and immerse yourself in information from all sources until you understand the full puzzle.
不要因为重要问题无法立即解决而气馁。
Don't be discouraged if the important problems in your life aren't solved in an instant.
第十三章:容器 每个人都是创业者。
Chapter 13: The Vessel Everyone is an entrepreneur.
有些人只是选择通过解决个人问题来获得报酬。所有盈利产品最初都是项目,无论最初是否有销售意图。
Some just choose to get paid for the problems they solve in their personal All profitable products start as a project whether the intention to sell is there or not.
如果你想创造独立收入来摆脱社会束缚,就需要销售有价值的产品。
If you want to generate a creative independent income to free yourself from society's chains, you will need to sell a valuable product.
还有什么比一个解决所有生命体都会遇到的迫切问题的个人项目更好的起点呢?
And what's a better starting point than a personal project that solves a burning problem that all living beings encounter?
自我提升就是解决你生活中的问题。
Self improvement is about solving problems in your life.
商业就是解决他人生活中的问题。
Business is about solving problems in other people's lives.
别再过度复杂化赚钱的方式了。
Stop over complicating how to make money.
别再试图解决那些根本不存在的创意问题了。
Stop trying to solve creative problems that don't exist.
掌握解决自身问题的技能——这本身就是价值的自动筛选器——然后把解决方案转化为面向他人的产品。
Acquire the skills to solve the problems in your life, which is an automatic filter for value, then turn the solution into a product for others.
商业中有四个永恒的市场:健康、财富、人际关系和幸福。
There are four eternal markets in business: health, wealth, relationships, and happiness.
这些领域正是你和他人的生活中所有迫切问题和有意义目标所在之处。
These are where all burning problems and meaningful goals exist in your life and in others.
解决你自己的问题,然后出售解决方案。
Solve your own problems and sell the solution.
引用:如何创办一家价值十亿美元的公司。
Quote, how to start a billion dollar company.
相反,先从一个人开始。
Instead, start as one person.
如果你无法将自己的兴趣转化为收入,那你更不具备创办需要十倍资源的企业所需的技能。
If you can't turn your interests into income, you don't have the skill to start a business that requires 10 times the resources.
作为个体,你完全有能力吸引观众关注你的作品,并将有价值的产品呈现给他们。
You, as an individual, have the ability to attract an audience to your work and put a valuable product in front of them.
这正是多数人开始将现代商业复杂化的起点。
This is where most people start complicating modern business.
他们说你需要细分市场,瞄准一个你可能并不想合作的受众群体。
They say you need to niche down and target an audience that you probably don't care to work with.
现代商业建议绝对是让你最终进入另一个你讨厌的行业的捷径。
Modern business advice is a surefire way to end up in another line of work that you hate.
让我们用一个简单的陈述把这些都联系起来。
Let's tie this all together with a simple statement.
最赚钱的细分市场就是你自己。
The most profitable niche is you.
你的目标就是你的品牌。
Your purpose is your brand.
你的道路就是你的产品。
Your path is your product.
你的优先事项就是你的内容。
Your priorities are your content.
你的内容包含着吸引人们关注你品牌的有价值信息。
Your content contains the valuable message that attracts people to your brand.
当你偶尔将产品呈现在他们面前时,这就是你开始创造独立收入的方式。
When you occasionally put your product in front of them, that's how you start to generate an independent income.
有什么比你为实现目标而学习的技能和兴趣组合更细分呢?
What is more niche than your combination of skills and interests that you have learned on the path towards your goals?
每个人都有相同的宏大目标:赚更多钱、拥有更多性爱、获得更多精力、结束存在焦虑。
Everyone has the same big goals of making more money, having more sex, having more energy, and ending their existential angst.
虽然目标相同,但你将走的道路却不同。
While the goals are the same, the path you will take is different.
如果我和另一个人都有赚钱的目标,我们都会研究并尝试不同的事物。
If myself and another have the goal of making money, we are both going to research and experiment with different things.
我可能会尝试电子商务或数字产品,而他们则尝试预算规划和开设实体店。
I may try e commerce or digital products while they try budgeting and starting a brick and mortar business.
通过追求目标、自我实验解决问题、将个人项目转化为产品并传播有价值的信息来吸引志同道合者,我认为随着时间的推移和不断迭代,你很难不获得想要的财富。
By pursuing your goals, solving your problems through self experimentation, turning your personal projects into products and spreading a valuable message to attract people with a similar identity as you, I see it as very difficult to not make as much money as you please with time and iteration.
若你成为小众领域,饱和便不复存在。
If you are the niche, saturation ceases to exist.
每个人都应拥有独特产品,服务于同频人群并提升集体意识。
Everyone will have a unique product that serves people at their level of mind and helps raise the collective consciousness.
人类的命运并非必然。
The fate of humanity is not guaranteed.
集体的进化力量取决于组成它的每个个体。
The evolution of the collective is only as powerful as the individuals that comprise it.
正因如此,我们的进化依赖于你我通过意识进步产生的信息复制所创造的个体。
It is for that reason that our evolution depends on the individuals you and I create through the reproduction of information born from conscious personal progress.
将自我打造成事业,是你在精神层面的繁衍方式。
Turning yourself into a business is how you reproduce on a spiritual level.
这是你塑造全球个体发展并造福人类的方式。
It is how you shape the development of selves across the globe and contribute to humanity.
当多数人传播导致邪恶与毁灭的信息时,你可以从表象到本质解决问题,成为巨大价值的创造者。
While most people spread information that holistically leads to evil and destruction, you can seek to solve problems from superficial to metaphysical and become a massive value creator.
重申这条道路的核心:理解并体验宇宙的运行规律。
To reiterate the entirety of this path: Understand and experience the patterns of the universe.
体验人类情感的全光谱。
Experience the full range of the human experience.
让你的决策与理想自我的视角对齐。
Align your decisions with the perspective of your ideal self.
追求目标层级,解决生命中的真实问题。
Pursue a hierarchy of goals and solve the true problems in your life.
以更高维度的思维,运用创造力构建造福人类的整体性项目。
From an elevated level of mind, use your creative ability to build holistic projects that contribute to humanity.
追寻创意,亲手打造。
Hunt for ideas and build with your own two hands.
化无形为有形。
Make the immaterial, material.
点石成金。
Turn dirt into gold.
在这个渴求深度的世界里,成为价值的源泉。
Become a fountainhead of value in a world that is desperate for depth.
归根结底,通过专注的艺术在世界上留下你的印记。
At the root of it all, leave your dent in the world through the art of focus.
结束。
The end.
如果你想获取本书的实体版、有声版或电子版,可以查看描述中的链接。
If you'd like to grab a physical, audio or digital version of my book, you can check the link in the description.
谢谢。
Thank you.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。