本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎收听梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins podcast.
天哪。
Oh my god.
我刚刚录完了你即将听到的这一集。
I I just finished recording the episode you're about to listen to.
我必须告诉你,毫无疑问,这是迄今为止我们做过的最棒的单集之一。
I have to tell you, hands down, this is one of the single best episodes we've ever done.
这是一场彻底改变了我看待世界方式以及对可能性认知的对话。
It is a conversation that has fundamentally changed how I view the world and how I view what's possible.
它涉及显化、神经科学、魔法,以及你如何释放大脑、心灵和人生最深层目标的力量。
It's about manifestation, neuroscience, magic, and how you can unlock the power of your brain, your heart, and your deepest purpose in life.
你即将认识一位博士。
You're about to meet Doctor.
吉姆·多蒂。
Jim Doty.
他刚刚从我们的波士顿演播室走出去,才一分钟前。
He just walked out of our Boston Studios literally a minute ago.
我冲回来想跟你聊聊,天啊。
I came racing back in here to talk to you and wow.
让我稍微跟你介绍一下他。
Let me tell you just a little bit about him.
他是一位世界知名的神经科学家,也是斯坦福大学的先驱性神经外科医生。
He's a world renowned neuroscientist, a pioneering Stanford neurosurgeon.
他还是斯坦福同情与利他主义研究与教育中心的创始人兼主任。
He's also the founder and director of the Stanford Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education.
他曾担任达赖喇嘛基金会的主席。
He was the former chairman of the Dalai Lama Foundation.
我说真的,你即将体验的内容将改变你对生活、对可能性的看法。
I kid you not, what you're about to experience will change the way you think about your life, about what's possible.
更重要的是,博士。
And more importantly, Doctor.
多蒂将一步步引导你,教你如何释放大脑的潜能,体验人生中非凡的可能性。
Doty is going to walk you step by step on how to unlock the power of your brain and experience the extraordinary possibilities of your life.
嘿,我是你的朋友梅尔。
Hey, it's your friend Mel.
我非常兴奋你在这里。
I am so excited that you're here.
能和你共度时光、相聚在一起,总是让我感到无比荣幸。
It's always such an honor to spend time with you and to be together.
嘿,如果你是新来的,欢迎加入梅尔·罗宾斯播客大家庭。
Hey, if you're brand new, welcome to the Mel Robbins Podcast family.
感谢你选择收听这个播客,并点播了这一集,因为这说明你是一个相信自己拥有更大可能性的人。
Thank you for choosing to listen to this podcast and for hitting play on this particular episode, because it tells me that you're the type of person that sees bigger possibilities for yourself.
你对学习如何运用神经科学和显化科学来帮助自己实现目标充满兴趣。
And you're interested in learning how you can use neuro science and the science of manifestation to help you achieve it.
我喜欢这一点。
I love that.
我也想了解所有关于这个的内容,因此我无比兴奋地向你们介绍一位真正非凡的人。
I want to know all about that too, which is why I am beyond thrilled to introduce you to someone who is truly extraordinary.
博士。
Doctor.
吉姆·多蒂从加利福尼亚来了。
Jim Doty is here from California.
他现在在我们的波士顿演播室。
He's in our Boston studios.
他是一位斯坦福大学的神经外科医生。
He is a Stanford neurosurgeon.
他是一位世界知名的神经科学家、《纽约时报》畅销书作者,也是一位慈善家。
He's a world renowned neuroscientist, a New York Times bestselling author, a philanthropist.
他是斯坦福大学慈悲、利他主义研究与教育中心的创始人兼主任。
He's the founder and director of the Stanford Center for Compassion, Altruism Research, and Education.
他所做的远不止这些。
He has done so much more than just that.
但仅举几例,他是一名退伍军人。
But to name a few, he's a military veteran.
他创办了多家大型医疗设备公司。
He has founded massive medical device companies.
他是全球微创脊柱手术领域的顶尖专家之一。
He's one of the world's leading experts in minimally invasive spinal surgery.
他曾担任达赖喇嘛基金会的主席。
And he was the former chairman of the Dalai Lama Foundation.
他今天来这里,将向你传授关于显化与视觉化的科学原理,解释其为何有效,以及如何根据科学正确地实践。
And he is here to teach you the science of manifesting and visualization, why it works and how to do it properly according to the science.
你和我将在本次对话结束后,完全掌握如何运用博士的
You and I are going to leave this conversation knowing exactly how to leverage Doctor.
多蒂非凡的研究与智慧。
Doty's extraordinary research and wisdom.
所以,请帮我欢迎多蒂博士。
So please help me welcome Doctor.
吉姆·多蒂做客梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
Jim Doty to the Mel Robbins podcast.
能与您在一起我感到非常荣幸和愉快。
It is a pleasure and a joy to be with you.
您能来到这里我真是太兴奋了,我迫不及待想开始这场对话。
I am so thrilled that you are here and I cannot wait for this conversation.
我想从这里开始:您能直接对正在听我们对话的人说,如果他们认真吸收您即将分享和教授的所有内容,他们的生活可能会发生怎样的改变吗?
And so where I want to start is, can you speak directly to the person that's listening to us and tell them how their life might be different if they take to heart absolutely everything that you are about to teach and share with us today?
当然可以。
Of course.
我认为我们很多人面临的挑战是,我们相信了内心那些消极的自我对话。
And I think the challenge for so many of us is that we believe the negative self talk we have.
结果,我们形成了局限性的信念,进而限制了我们的可能性。
And as a result, we create limited beliefs that then limit our possibilities.
我们相信这种持续不断的内心独白。
And we believe this ongoing narrative.
而事实上,我们自身拥有更多的力量。
And the reality is we have more power within ourselves.
关键在于明白,你掌控着这一切,因为外界并无他人能替你解决一切。
And it's understanding that you control this because there is nothing out there.
我这样说并不是消极的,意思是,你不能指望某个人突然出现,为你解决所有问题。
And I don't mean this in a negative way, but I mean, you can't wait for somebody to magically take care of everything.
事实是,你自身拥有改变处境的力量,关键只是相信这一点。
The reality is you have the power within yourself to change your circumstance, and it's just believing it.
听我说,我知道,我成长在一个充满挑战的环境中。
And listen, I will tell you, as you know, I grew up in a challenging background.
我父亲是个酒鬼。
My father was an alcoholic.
我小时候,母亲中过风。
My mother had had a stroke when I was a child.
她部分瘫痪,长期抑郁,曾试图自杀。
She was partially paralyzed, chronically depressed, attempted suicide.
我们被驱逐了。
We were evicted.
我们依靠公共援助生活。
We were on public assistance.
在那种情况下,你知道,你会觉得毫无希望。
And in those situations, you know, you think there's no hope.
但正如我发现的那样,从我的第一本书到走进魔法商店,我走进一家魔法店,遇见了一位把我当人看待的女士。
But as I found, and, from my first book into the magic shop, I walked into a magic shop and met a woman who looked at me as a human being.
我的意思是,太多人对他人妄加评判。
And what I mean by that is so many people make judgments about people.
他们看不到他人所经历的道路、问题或逆境。
And they don't recognize the path or the the problems or the adversities they faced.
每个人都值得被倾听。
And everybody deserves to be list.
所以,这家魔法店里的这位女士,是一个充满光辉的人。
So this woman in this magic shop, she was a radiant being.
她面带微笑,有一种让人感到安心的气场。
She had a smile, a presence that made you feel safe.
这种心理上的安全感对于降低你的压力反应至关重要。
And this is a key psychological safety to down regulate your stress response.
她让我觉得自己没问题。
And she made me feel okay.
当我12岁的时候,她并没有轻视我。
She didn't look down on me when I was 12.
作为一个12岁的孩子,她平等地与我对视。
As a 12 year old, she looked at me as an equal eye to eye.
与她的这次互动改变了我人生的轨迹,因为它改变了我看待世界的方式。
And that interaction with her changed the trajectory of my life because it changed how I saw the world.
你写过关于你过去的经历。
You've written about your past.
你写过关于这位魔法店里女人的这段经历,但至今它仍能引发你如此强烈的情感,这是为什么?
You've written about this interaction with this woman in the magic shop and still it brings so much emotion up in you, how come?
第一,我心怀感激。
One, I'm appreciative.
第二,有人愿意花时间注视你、理解你、欣赏你的本质,并对你表现出兴趣,这意义非凡。
Two, I mean, having somebody take the time to look at you, see you, appreciate what you are, and taking that interest.
这非常有意义。
It's very meaningful.
我始终不敢对此习以为常。
And I try never to take that for granted.
而且,我希望每一次互动中,你都能明白,很多人其实正在承受痛苦。
And even, and I hope every interaction, you understand that a lot of people are suffering.
他们背负着过去的包袱,而这些包袱正在限制着他们。
They're carrying baggage from their past and that baggage is limiting them.
很多时候,仅仅倾听一个人,就能深刻地改变他们的生活,因为人们最渴望的,就是被听见。
And oftentimes just listening to somebody can profoundly change their lives because that's what people want to be heard.
有时候,仅仅是一声问候。
And sometimes it's just hello.
有时候,仅仅是一个拥抱。
Sometimes it's just a hug.
所以我总是告诉人们,永远不要忘记你改变他人人生的能力。
So I always tell people, never forget your own ability to change somebody's life.
同时也要认识到,很多时候,别人与你互动的方式与你本身无关。
And also to recognize that oftentimes how somebody is interacting with you has nothing to do with what's going on.
这与他们所背负的包袱有关。
It has to do with the baggage they're carrying.
所以,请给他人一些善意的假设。
And so give people a benefit of a doubt.
因此,如果你像我一样在这样的环境中长大,通常只有两条路可走。
And so if you grew up in a background like mine, typically there are two paths.
一条路是成为酗酒者、药物滥用者,或出现心理健康问题。
One is the path you become an alcoholic, drug abuser, have mental health issues.
另一个问题是关于Excel,对吧?
The other issue over excel, right?
过度努力。
Over achieve.
而过度努力者的道路会分叉。
Then the path of the overachiever gets bifurcated.
有一类人说,没人帮过我。
There's one group who say, nobody helped me.
这一切都是我自己做到的。
I did this all myself.
我不会去帮助任何人。
I'm not going to help anybody else.
然后还有另一类人,我可能过于典型地属于这一类,我理解人们所经历的痛苦。
Then you have the other group, which I probably typified maybe excessively, where I understand the pain people go through.
而且非常深刻。
And very deeply.
所以我对这一点非常敏感。
So I'm very attuned to that.
我本人也总是因为同样的原因流泪。
I personally cry all the time for the same reason.
我从未听过有人解释过,为什么我如此执着于做我所做的事情。
And I don't think I've ever heard anybody explain, why I feel so driven to do what I do.
谢谢你这么说。
So thank you for that.
听到有人解释为什么我总是泪流满面,为什么我每次结束这个播客时都会告诉听众我爱他们,这对我来说是一份真正的礼物。
That was a real gift to me to hear somebody explain why tears come up all the time and why I end this podcast every single time by telling the person who's listening that I love them.
因为我知道,对大多数人来说,他们根本听不到别人说这句话。
Because I know for most people, they actually don't hear it said by anybody else.
是的。
No.
这是一个非常令人悲伤的现状,我们可以聊聊这个,因为太多人一直生活在恐惧之中。
And which is a very sad statement because, and we can talk about this, but so many people live in a fear mode all the time.
而且这当然会带来各种有害的影响。
And of course it has all sorts of deleterious effects.
而处于爱的状态或用心去生活是非常困难的,尤其是当你面临各种干扰,让你难以认清真正的自己时。
And being in a love mode or a heart centered mode is very difficult, especially if you have all sorts of challenges that distract you from who you really are.
我认为你给予人们的礼物,而我也努力去给予人们的,是一种希望和可能性的感觉。
And I think the gift you give people, and hopefully I try to give people, is a sense of hope and possibilities.
我想回到那个魔术店里的时刻,那个真正永久地塑造了你、改变了你人生轨迹的时刻。
I want to go back to the moment in the magic shop that truly shaped you forever and changed the trajectory of your life.
让正在聆听的人能够真正地在故事中看到自己,或看到他们所爱的人。
And so the person who's listening can really perhaps see themselves or someone they love in the story.
你能描述一下,当你12岁的时候,走进这家魔术店的情景吗?
Could you explain as a 12 year old, you're walking into this magic shop.
首先,当时你内心的情感状态是怎样的?你正经历着许多人心中都有的痛苦与艰难,而一位你从未见过的成年女性只是与你简单互动,这究竟是如何改变了一切的?
First, just kind of how you felt emotionally at that point in your life going through all of the heartache and the hardship that you did that so many people do and how this interaction with an adult woman who you had never met, who just interacted with you, how that actually changed?
在我家的情况是,每当发生争吵或困难事件时,我就会骑上自行车,尽可能远、尽可能快地逃离。
Well, what would happen in my situation at home was whenever there was fighting or challenging events, I would get on my bike and ride as far and as fast away as I could.
我骑了很远的距离,远离了家,最后来到了一个购物中心。
And I rode a great distance far from my house and ended up at a strip mall.
我早就对魔术感兴趣了。
And I'd had an interest in magic for a while.
我以前有一个塑料拇指,用来变魔术。
I used to have a plastic thumb that I would do tricks with.
我儿子也有一个那样的东西。
My son has one of those.
是的。
Yes.
对。
Yes.
然后我把它弄丢了。
And, I lost it.
所以我一直在找一个塑料拇指。
And so I was looking for a plastic thumb.
但不管怎样,我看到了这家魔法商店,就进去了,有趣的是,里面有一位女士,大概五十多岁。
But anyway, I saw the magic shop and I went in and what was interesting was this woman was there and who was in her mid fifties probably.
我至今仍清晰地记得她,因为她穿着一件蓝白相间的长袍。
And I I still remember her vividly because she was wearing a blue and white muumuu.
记得那种衣服吗?因为她是一位体型较大的女士。
Remember these outfits because she was a larger lady.
她留着飘逸的灰发,戴着一副眼镜,镜架滑到鼻尖,还连着一条链子。
And she had this flowing gray hair and she had these glasses that were at the tip of her nose and she had a chain on them.
她正在读一本平装书。
And she was reading this paperback book.
你听起来像是在描述《哈利·波特》里的魔药课教授。
You you sound like you're describing the potions professor in Harry Potter.
她可能还真是呢。
And she may have been, actually.
但她从眼镜上方抬起了头,我便开始向她询问关于魔法的事。
But she looked up from her glasses, and I started querying her about magic.
她说,我只是在这儿帮着照看商店,因为这是我家儿子的店,他出去办点事了。
And she said, I'm just here babysitting the shop because, this is my son's store and he's doing an errand.
但这引发了我和她的交谈。
But this led to her and I having a conversation.
大约二十分钟后,她对我说:‘我真的很喜欢你。’
Then after about twenty minutes, she said to me, she said, I really like you.
她说:‘我觉得我能帮到你。’
She said, I think I can help you.
我还要在这儿待六个星期。
I'm here for another six weeks.
如果你每天来,我觉得你能学到很多东西。
If you show up every day, I think you could learn a lot.
我当时完全不明白她是什么意思。
And I had no clue what she meant.
那时候,‘正念’或‘神经可塑性’这些词还没进入大众的常用语汇。
And this was before mindfulness or, neuroplasticity were in the sort of common lexicon.
我确实每天都去了。
And I did show up every day.
但我得告诉你,这并不是因为我缺乏洞察力或自我意识。
Now I have to tell you, it wasn't because I hadn't any insight or self awareness.
我当时是个贫穷的12岁孩子,充满绝望和无助感。
I was a poor 12 year old in despair with feeling of hopelessness.
但我还是每天都去了。
But I did show up.
我每天去的原因有两个:第一,我实在没什么别的事可做。
And the reason I showed up was one, I had absolutely nothing else to do to do.
第二,她每天给我吃巧克力曲奇饼干。
Two, she was giving me chocolate chip cookies.
所以,这正是我与她互动的两个动力。
So those were the two drivers of, my interaction with her.
但要理解发生了什么,是因为她似乎接触过一些东方冥想实践。
But to sort of understand what happened is she apparently had some exposure to Eastern meditation practices.
她教会了我,可以说,就是现在所谓的正念练习。
And she taught me, if you will, what is now called a mindfulness practice.
而我从未意识到,作为孩子,我那时一直身处战区。
And what I never realized was that as a child, I was in a war zone all the time.
持续的创伤,因为你永远不知道接下来会发生什么。
A constant trauma because you never know what's going to happen.
这是一片混乱。
It's chaos.
总会有意想不到的事情发生。
There's always unexpected things.
你无法依赖任何人。
You can't rely on anyone or any person.
因此,你的肌肉始终紧绷。
And as a result, your muscles are always tight.
你总是四处张望。
You're always looking around.
你无法集中注意力。
You can't focus.
当然,学习需要你能够专注。
And of course, to learn, you have to be able to attend.
如果你无法活在当下,就不可能学会东西。
If you can't be present, it's not possible to learn.
所以她意识到这一点,因为她最初教我的是一种放松技巧。
So she recognized this since she initially taught me a, relaxation technique.
然后她教会了我专注或留意的能力。
And then she taught me the ability to focus or attend.
而最重要的是,她让我明白,我脑海中持续存在的负面对话并不是事实。
And then probably the most critical thing was she taught me that the negative dialogue that was going on in my head was not truth.
当我们告诉自己不够好、不值得、不配得到爱时,我们常常以为这些话里有某种真实性。
And oftentimes when we tell ourselves we're not good enough, we're not worthy, we don't deserve love, we think there's some truth in that.
是的。
Yeah.
但作为人类,我们有一种消极偏见,使得消极的言论更容易在我们心中留下印记。
But we have, as humans, a negativity bias where negative statements have a tendency to stick with us.
这常常导致反复思虑。
And this leads oftentimes to rumination.
一旦你告诉自己这是不可能的,我做不到,它就会变成真相。
And once you tell yourself it is not possible, I cannot, that becomes truth.
是的。
Yeah.
因此,我们为自己构建了一套局限性的信念体系。
And so we create our own limited belief system.
于是她教我一种方法,用积极的自我肯定来回应,同时不对那些消极情绪做出反应,只是让它们悄然飘过,还要不断鼓励自己保持积极。
And so she taught me a technique to respond with positive self affirmation, but also to not respond to those negative feelings, and just let them drift by, but also to constantly encourage positivity within yourself.
这让我以一种不同的方式看待世界。
And this led me to look at the world in a different way.
我之所以这么说,是因为如果你对自己过于苛刻,你看待世界的眼光也会变得苛刻,且充满评判。
And the reason I say that is, if you're hypercritical with yourself, you're hypercritical in your the lens through which you see the world and you're very judgmental.
我告诉人们的是,一旦我理解了自己内心正在发生什么,我就开始用一种不同的视角看待世界——充满善意与同情。
And what I tell people is once I understood what was going on in my own head, it made me look at the world through a different lens, one of kindness, compassion.
这也消解了我对父母的愤怒。
And it also dissipated the anger that I had towards my parents.
因为显然,父母本应是照顾者。
Because what happens is, of course, they're supposed to be the caregivers.
但如果他们没有能力处理自己的痛苦,就无法帮助你。
But if they don't have the tools to take care of their own pain, they can't help you.
因此,意识到人们都背负着包袱,他们的反应往往与你无关,这一点非常重要。
So that realization was very important as the realization that people carry baggage and their reactions oftentimes have nothing to do with you.
因此,以一种更体贴、温和、友善的方式与人互动,我认为具有非凡的力量。
And so having a much more thoughtful, gentle, kinder way to interact with people, I think is extraordinarily powerful.
你后来成为了一名神经外科医生。
You went on to become a neurosurgeon.
你是什么时候以及如何开始实践显化法的?
How and when did you start manifesting?
你能谈谈作为一名神经外科医生与对大脑功能和神经连接的兴趣之间的重叠和联系吗?
And can you talk about the kind of overlap and connection between being a neurosurgeon and the interest in the functioning and wiring of the mind itself?
另外一件事我还没提到,就是在这种正念练习结束时,我们进行了一次讨论,主题是如何实现愿望或进行可视化。
Well, the other thing, I didn't mention was that at the end of this, if you will, mindfulness type practice, we had a discussion and the discussion was about how to manifest or visualization.
所以她在12岁时就教你如何实现愿望和可视化了吗?
So she taught you how to manifest and visualize at the age of 12?
是的。
Yes.
哇。
Wow.
于是她让我列出十件我想要的东西。
So she asked me to make a list of 10 things that I wanted.
我得告诉你,这是从一个12岁穷孩子的视角来看的。
Now, I have to tell you this is through the lens of a 12 year old who's poor.
所以,按照典型的思维方式,我说我想要成为百万富翁,因为在1968年,这看起来是一笔巨款。
So, in typical fashion, I said I wanted, to be a millionaire, which in 1968 was a lot of money it seemed like.
我想拥有一座豪宅。
I wanted to have a mansion.
我想成为一名医生。
I wanted to be a doctor.
与其说我是善良体贴,不如说我只想当医生,这样别人才会看着我说:你是个不错的人。
And it wasn't so much listen, I was always kind and thoughtful, but I wanted to be a doctor so people looked at me and said, you're okay.
我想拥有一辆保时捷。
I wanted a Porsche.
我想拥有一块劳力士手表。
I wanted a Rolex watch.
还有所有这些外界的、物质的东西,我们社会中很多人认为自己需要它们。
And all of these external, material things that so many people in our society think they need.
他们觉得,只要得到了这些东西,就能填补我们每个人内心的那种空虚。
They think somehow if you get this stuff, that's going to fill the void all of us have.
但当然,这根本做不到。
And of course it doesn't.
但社会不幸地倾向于追求外部的认可,相信只要实现了社会所定义的成功标准——金钱、权力、地位,就能带来幸福。
And, but society is oriented, unfortunately, towards seeking external affirmation with a belief that if you fulfill the societal narrative of success, which is money, power, position, that will then translate into happiness.
当然,这个说法被一遍又一遍地重复,但它并不成立。
And of course, this is a story that's been told over and over and over again, and it does not.
我相信你一定认识许多极其成功却实际上非常痛苦的人。
And I'm sure you know many, many extraordinarily successful people who are actually miserable.
嗯,当你在听多迪安医生讲话时,我想强调一点。
Well, you know, one thing I want to highlight as you're listening to Doctor.
多迪安,我真的很惊叹于你解释事物的能力,以及你对自己所做之事为何如此重要的深刻联结。
Dodian, I just am so blown away by, your gift of explaining things and how connected you are to why this is important to you.
我认为每个人都有必要理解你想要教我们的:我们很多人其实都知道,追逐外在的东西是社会一直以来的优先事项,但你更进一步地指出,问题不仅在于你认为这些东西能让你快乐。
And it's important to, I think everybody to understand what you're trying to teach us is that I think a lot of us know that chasing the external stuff is what society has been prioritizing, but you're going a layer deeper, which is it's not just about the belief that you think those things will make you happy.
而是在于,当你感到被忽视时,你的切身体验是:那些拥有这些外在成就的人才会被看见。
It's that your lived experience when you feel invisible is that people that have those things are seen.
这是一种比‘幸福’更深层的心理动因的揭示。
And that is an explanation that cuts at a way deeper psychological driver than happiness.
而这种感觉自己无足轻重、不被看见、没有得到每个人应得的尊重与关怀的体验。
And that experience of feeling like you don't matter, you're not seen, you, are not treated with a level of dignity and care that every human being deserves.
我还没听过有人真正把对地位和表面物质的执着与真正的幸福联系起来——其实我们人类最基本的需求是连接感,是有人真正关心你,而你却误以为拥有那些闪亮的东西就能实现这一点。
I haven't heard anybody truly connect the dots between the obsession with chasing status and surface level items and actually not happiness, but the fundamental need that we human beings have for connection and the sense that somebody actually cares about you and you think that that's going to happen because of the shiny stuff that you acquire.
而你在这里要说的是,事实并非如此。
And you're here to say that actually it doesn't.
完全不是这样。
It doesn't at all.
我认为这对很多人来说都是个挑战,因为他们被灌输了这种叙事,而这种叙事本质上是不幸和恐惧的。
And I think that's a challenge for so many people because they've been sold this narrative and it's a narrative of unhappiness and it's a narrative of fear.
我之前说过,当你追逐那些虚荣的东西时,那是因为你内心的不安全感。
And I was saying earlier, when you chase slangs like that, that's because of your own insecurity.
结果,这会激活你的交感神经系统,也就是所谓的逃跑、战斗或冻结反应。
And as a result, that activates your sympathetic nervous system, which of course is the flight, fight or freeze response.
当这种情况发生时,会严重影响你的大脑功能,以及外周生理状态,可能导致许多严重的疾病,并降低你的预期寿命。
And when that happens, actually that has a very negative effect on how your brain functions, but also your peripheral physiology and can lead to a lot of very significant diseases and decrease your life expectancy.
但如果你能将这种叙事转向爱的状态呢?
Versus if you shift that narrative, if you will, to the love mode.
我的意思是,我们每个人都有能力从交感神经系统的激活状态切换过来,交感神经系统是我们自主神经系统的一部分,起源于脑干并分布于全身各器官,尤其是心脏;而切换到副交感神经系统,这才是我们人类作为物种真正演化出的生存方式。
And what I mean by that is all of us have the ability to actually shift from engagement of our sympathetic nervous system, which is part of our autonomic nervous system, which arises in the brainstem and is distributed throughout all the organs in your body, but especially your heart, to the parasympathetic nervous system, which is really how we evolved to live, as a species.
我们并不是每时每刻都处于压力之中。
It's not that we were stressed every second.
我们只是偶尔会感到压力。
We were stressed periodically.
这种压力模式本意是在面对威胁时被激活并做出反应。
And that stress mode was meant to activate in the face of threat and respond.
如果你幸存下来,你就立刻回到副交感神经系统的活跃状态;如果没幸存,那就另当别论。
And either you survived or didn't survive, but then you immediately went back to engagement of your parasympathetic nervous system if you survived.
我们天生就是为了在这种状态下生活的。
That is the system we were designed to live in.
在这种状态下,你会去关心他人,也会因关心他人而得到回报,当你照顾他人——尤其是你的后代,或是在我们共同人性的背景下——会释放催产素和其他神经递质,激活你的愉悦与奖励中枢。
That is the system in which you care, which you're rewarded for caring, where you have the release of oxytocin and these other neurotransmitters that activate your pleasure and reward centers when you care for another, especially your offspring, but also within, the context of our common humanity.
而你希望处于的就是这种状态,尤其是当你想要实现目标时,因为那时你的认知脑网络和外周生理功能都会达到最佳状态。
And that is the mode you want to be in, especially if you want to manifest because that is when your cognitive brain networks, your peripheral physiology work at their best.
而这正是所谓的爱的状态。
And that is from the love mode, if you will.
我想试试看能不能用更简单的方式重新表达一下。
I want to see if I can translate back.
这里面有很多专业术语。
This is for a lot of big words.
我知道你是一位神经外科医生,而且你在全球各地教授这些概念,但我希望你和我一起,拥抱一下正在听的人。
I realize that you are a neurosurgeon and you teach these concepts all over the world, but I want you and I to put our arm around the person that's listening.
我想试试看能不能把这一切科学内容简化成通俗易懂的说法。
And I want to see if I can't shorthand all this science.
你一直使用‘恐惧模式’和‘心脏模式’这两个词,我非常喜欢。
So you keep using the word fear mode and heart mode, which I love.
如果你理解得没错的话,你刚才精彩地解释了,我们的神经系统其实有两种状态。
You also just beautifully explained, if I'm hearing you correctly, that there are two, modes to our nervous system.
副交感神经、交感神经、休息、平静与爱、战斗或逃跑。
Parasympathetic, sympathetic, rest, calm, and love, fight or flight.
当我们聆听时,每当你说‘恐惧模式’,我们是否可以理解为你在谈论交感神经系统的战斗或逃跑反应——这是我们许多人所处的状态,它会关闭我们对可能性、连接、潜能和爱的感知;而与之相对的是‘心脏模式’,也就是你的副交感神经系统。
And that as we listen, is it okay if every time you say fear mode, we just go, okay, he's talking about the sympathetic fight or flight nervous system that a lot of us live in that shuts you off to possibility, connection, potential, and love versus the heart mode, which is your parasympathetic nervous system.
而连接、显化、实现以及你生命中的潜能,都存在于这种状态中。
And it is where the connection and manifestation and fulfillment and the potential of your life exists.
这样理解这个问题可以吗?
Is that a way to think about this?
不,不。
No, no.
这正是理解它的完美方式。
That's the perfect way to think about it.
当你处于这种状态时,一切都会向积极的方向改变。
And, when you're in that mode, everything changes for the positive.
心脏模式。
The heart mode.
是的。
Yes.
当你处于这种状态时,你的意图实现的可能性最大。
And the possibilities of having your intention manifest are greatest when you were in that mode.
好的。
Okay.
明白了。
Got it.
所以我想处于心之模式。
So I want to be in heart mode.
那个魔法店里了不起的女士是怎么教你12岁时实现愿望的?
How did this amazing woman in the magic shop teach you to manifest when you were 12?
我得告诉你,我不想误导大家。
Well, I have to tell you, and I don't want to mislead people.
我当时觉得这都是胡扯。
I thought it was a lot of bullshit.
原因是我以前从未接触过类似的东西。
And the reason is is because, of course, I had never been exposed to anything like that.
我的意思是,能够有意识地放松肌肉,通过特定的呼吸方式平复神经系统,这些对我来说都是全新的。
I mean, being able to sit and and relax your muscles with intention, being able to breathe a certain way to calm your nervous system down were completely new to me.
所以我花了一点时间才理解这一点。
So it took a little while for me to understand that.
但一旦我理解了,我就意识到它有多么强大,因为我不再总是被消极的自我对话和恐惧所困扰。
But once I did understand it, I realized how powerful it was because I didn't constantly have this negative self talk going on and this fear constantly.
正如你所知,这类正念练习如今被广泛讨论,已经改变了数百万人的生活,并且对每个人来说都触手可及。
And so, as you know, these types of mindfulness practice, which are very commonly discussed today and have changed millions of lives, are readily available to everyone.
从根本上说,她教给我的是一种放松技巧、专注技巧,以及应对消极自我对话、以慈悲的眼光看待世界的方法。
And fundamentally, what she taught me was this type of a technique, a relaxation technique, a focus technique, and dealing with the negative self talk, looking at the world through a lens of compassion.
我们还谈到了可视化。
And we talked about visualization.
要最大限度地进行可视化,你就必须放松,保持平静,不能执着于‘我想要什么’。
For you to maximally visualize, that means you have to be relaxed, you have to have calm, you have to not look at what I want.
这对很多人来说是个关键区别,因为他们清楚自己想要什么,却不清楚自己真正需要什么。
And this is the difference for a lot of people because they have a vision of what they want, but not what they need.
举个例子,我们来谈谈物质拥有。
And as an example, we're talking about possessions.
我想要一辆保时捷。
I want a Porsche.
我想要一块劳力士,这正是我曾经追求的。
I want a Rolex, which was what I did.
他们认为,只要得到那个东西,一切就会好起来。
And they think that if I just get that, I'll be okay.
但问题是,这并不会让你真正好起来。
And the problem is that it won't make you okay.
当你坐在那里,只关注自己,想着‘只要我有了这个,我就需要那个’,而相比之下,如果说‘我想当一名医生’。
And when you're sitting there self focused saying, if I just have that, I need this, versus as an example saying, I want to be a doctor.
这时,目的不再是‘我想当医生,好让大家都夸我多厉害’,而这正是我过去的想法。
Now it's not, I want to be a doctor so everybody looks at me and says how great I am, which is what I did.
我想当医生,是因为我想帮助别人。
It's, I want to be a doctor because I want to help people.
这两者完全是两种不同的叙事。
Those are completely two different narratives.
一个是我想为他人服务。
One is I want to be of service.
这正是人类被设计的方式。
That is how we were designed as human beings.
而不是我想要什么给自己。
Not I want for me.
当你改变看待世界的方式,改变你想要的东西时,你会意识到:第一,你认为自己想要的很多东西其实毫无价值,而真正有力量、能赋予人目的和意义的,是服务他人、与人连接、关心他人——这自然会激活你生理的各个方面,包括大脑和外周生理,让它们发挥最佳状态。
And when you change how you look at the world, when you change what you want, you realize, one, a lot of what you think you want is worthless versus what is powerful, what gives a person purpose and meaning, which of course activates every aspect of your physiology, both brain and peripheral physiology to work at their best is being of service, being connected, caring for others.
通过罗伯特·瓦尔丁格和历时85年的哈佛研究,我们知道,当你关心他人,用这种视角看待世界时,你生活中的一切都会改善。
And we know through the work of Robert Waldinger and the 85 year old Harvard study, When you care for others, when you look through that lens, everything in your life improves.
而正是在这样的状态下,你才能最大限度地实现你意图的落地。
And that is the place where you also have the ability to maximize the possibilities for your intention to manifest.
你说人类天生就是为了服务他人。
You said that human beings are wired for service.
作为一名神经外科医生,你来到波士顿是为了传授 compassion(慈悲)。
As a neurosurgeon, as a person that, you know, you're you're here in Boston to go teach about compassion.
你曾担任过主席。
You were the chairman
达赖喇嘛基金会的主席。
Of the Dai Lama Foundation.
是的。
Yes.
那么,人类是如何天生就具备服务他人的倾向的呢?
So how are we wired for service as human beings?
如果你看看我们物种的进化过程,与其他物种不同,首先,我们的每胎后代数量很少。
Well, if you look at our evolution as a species, unlike other species, one, we have a small litter size.
这说法很专业啊。
That's a very clinical one.
我想如果我是你妻子,你跟我说什么小生育规模,我肯定会打你,多蒂医生。
I think if I were your wife and you said that I'd smack you, doctor Doty, a small litter size.
我妻子确实打过我好多次,相信我。
Well, my wife has smacked me multiple times, believe me.
我们的后代并不会跑进丛林或森林里自生自灭。
And, our offspring do not run off into the jungle or the forest.
他们需要被照顾十多年以上。
They have to be cared for for well over a decade.
如果你不获得回报,为什么要耗费时间、资源和精力去照顾你的孩子呢?
And why would you expend the time, the resources, the energy to care for your offspring unless you were rewarded?
当你照顾孩子时,获得回报的方式是释放不同的神经递质,比如催产素,也就是爱的荷尔蒙。
The way you're rewarded when you care for your offspring is the release of different neurotransmitters such as oxytocin or the love hormone.
当这些物质释放时,你的愉悦和奖励中枢就会被激活。
And when those are released, your pleasure and reward centers are activated.
你的生理状态会达到最佳。
Your physiology works at its best.
你通过爱与关怀的视角来看待世界,因为你希望你的后代能够生存下去。
And you look at the world through the lens of love and caring because you want your offspring to survive.
随着我们物种的进化,你可能听说过所谓的邓巴数字。
As we evolved as a species, and you're probably aware that there's something called Dunbar's number.
最多约150人,这通常是部落的规模。
So up to 150 people, which was typically the size of a tribe.
同样,由于你身处一个充满敌意的环境中,照顾他人至关重要,否则群体将无法生存。
Again, it was important because you were in a hostile environment that you cared for the other or the group would not survive.
这些是非常根深蒂固的遗传驱动力,它们伴随我们,使我们的物种得以延续。
So these are very deep seated genetic imperatives that are with us that allow our species to survive.
我们生来就不是为了长期处于交感神经系统主导的状态。
We are not meant to live chronically in the sympathetic nervous system.
作为物种,我们本应处于副交感神经系统主导的状态,在这种状态下,我们拥有开放、慷慨、关怀与爱。
We are meant as a species to live in our parasympathetic nervous system where we have openness, generosity, caring, love.
问题是,资本主义社会的发展方式,实际上让许多人长期激活了交感神经系统,从而偏离了他们的生命目标。
The problem is the nature of how capitalist society has been developed actually for many, many people activates their sympathetic nervous system chronically and they get distracted from their purpose.
我们的目标是彼此相爱。
Our purpose is to love one another.
我太喜欢这句话了。
I love that.
我也喜欢你把它简化为:你不是在恐惧模式,就是在心灵模式,而你的天性是倾向于心灵模式的。
And I love that you've simplified it to you're either in fear mode and heart mode and that you are hardwired for heart mode.
你的使命是爱自己,爱他人,保持在这种状态中。
Your purpose is to love yourself, to love other people, to be in that mode.
还有,医生。
And Doctor.
达蒂,我们得短暂暂停一下,听一段赞助商的广告,但你可别走开。
Doty, we need to take a quick pause so we can hear a word from our sponsors, but don't you dare go anywhere.
事实上,在你听广告的时候,也把这段内容分享给他人吧。
In fact, while you're taking a listen to the sponsors, share this with someone.
这是我ever听过最有力的对话之一。
This is one of the most powerful conversations I've ever had.
所以,我希望你们所爱的每个人都能体验到这种改变人生的智慧,别走开,因为吉姆·多蒂博士。
So I want everybody that you love to experience this life changing wisdom too, and don't go anywhere because Doctor.
多蒂博士和我会在短暂的休息后等你回来。
Doty and I will be waiting for you after a very short break.
请继续关注我们。
Stay with us.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你们的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your friend Mel Robbins.
今天,你和我将与多蒂博士共度时光。
And today you and I are spending time together with Doctor.
来自斯坦福的吉姆·多蒂博士,我们将深入探讨显化背后的科学。
Jim Doty from Stanford, and we're digging into the science of manifestation.
所以,多蒂博士。
So Doctor.
多蒂,你能解释一下什么是显化吗?
Doty, can you explain what manifesting is?
你是如何理解、向全世界的人描述和教授这一概念的?
How do you think about it or describe and teach it to people around the world?
正如你所知,关于显化或这一术语,存在大量玄学和伪科学成分。
So, as you know, with manifestation or that terminology, there's a lot of woo woo and pseudoscience.
很多人利用这一点谋取利益。
And a lot of people take advantage of that.
不幸的是,这最终变成了一些人赚钱的机会。
And it turns unfortunately into a money making opportunity for some people.
但事实上,显化的能力从根本上基于神经科学。
The reality is though, that actually the ability to manifest is fundamentally based in neuroscience.
没有任何玄学成分。
There is no woo woo.
也没有任何魔法。
There's no magic.
根本不存在吸引力法则。
There's no law of attraction.
根据其在公元一至二世纪的历史,赫尔墨斯主义者提出了这个概念。
Based on the history of it back in the first and second century, the Hermetics came up with this idea.
它后来通过各种繁荣福音和其他形式被传播开来。
And it's been propagated through different, prosperity gospels and all sorts of other things.
仿佛只要你拥有正能量并将它释放到世界上,你就能吸引来保时捷、法拉利和豪宅。
As if if you have positive energy and you put that energy out in the world, you will be able to manifest the Porsche, the Ferrari, the mansion.
但如果没实现,那就是你的错,因为你不够用心,或者没做对。
And, but if it doesn't happen, it's your fault because you didn't care enough or you didn't do it the right way.
或者再买一本书,我会告诉你真正的方法。
Or just buy another book and I'll tell you the real way to do it.
但从根本上说,它基于神经科学。
But fundamentally, it's based on neuroscience.
我的意思是,你实现目标的方式——我会定义什么是实现——就是将一个意图嵌入你的潜意识中,使其最有可能发生或实现。
And what I mean by that is the way in which you manifest, and I'll define manifestation, is the ability to take an intention and embed it into your subconscious in a manner such that it has the greatest likelihood to occur or to manifest.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我的意思是,人们没有意识到,我们每秒钟都会从感官接收大约六百万到一千万比特的信息。
And what I mean by that is what people don't appreciate is every second we have about six to 10,000,000 bits of information coming to us from our sensory organs.
这正是塑造我们自我的原因。
That's what makes us who we are.
它构建了我们的现实。
That creates our reality.
但在意识层面,我们只能处理50到100比特的信息,因为99.9%的信息都用于维持身体功能。
But on a conscious level, we can only deal with 50 to a 100 because 99.9% go to maintain our bodily function.
不过,这50到100比特的信息,你是可以掌控的。
That 50 to a 100 though, you have control over.
50到100
50 to a
比特的信息。
Bits 100 of information.
比特的信息。
Bits of information.
你如何应对这一点?
How do you deal with that?
你需要借助一些工具,我的意思是,那些将某种东西植入你潜意识的工具。
Well, you take the tools and what I mean by that is the tools to embed something into your subconscious.
好的。
Okay.
最好的方法是,我相信你听说过这句话:一起激活的神经元会连接在一起。
The best way to do that, and I'm sure you've heard the term, what fires together, wires together.
但你能为那些不了解的人解释一下吗?这句话是什么意思?
But can you explain that for the person What does that mean?
如果你养成习惯,就会形成神经通路。
If you create habits, this results in the creation of neural pathways.
而反复重复这些习惯,实际上会建立神经回路,从而将其固化并最终促成事情的发生。
And if the mere repetition of those habits actually lays down the circuitry that then gets embedded and then actually makes things happen.
我来具体解释一下。
And I'll explain it as follows.
当你能够运用所有的感官或能力来强化这一意图并反复进行时,你就是在建立这些神经通路。
When you are able to use all of your sensory organs or abilities to embed that intention and do it repeatedly, that is when you're creating these neural pathways.
举个例子,如果你有一个目标,你可以拿一支笔把它写下来——这本身就是一种身体上、触觉上的行动;然后你默读它,再出声朗读,接着在脑海中想象它,如此一遍又一遍地重复。
As an example, if you have an intention, you take a pencil, you write it down, you're actually doing something physical, tactile, then you read it silently, then you read it aloud, then you visualize that, and you do that over and over and over again.
这样做会将这个意图深深植入你的潜意识中。
What that will do is then embed that into your subconscious.
随后,不同的认知脑网络就会被激活。
And then these different cognitive brain networks get activated.
现在,我们能稍微拆解一下吗?
Now, can we unpack that just a minute?
当然可以。
Sure.
因为每个听这个的人,都希望确保自己完全理解了你的指导,博士。
Because everyone that listens to this loves to make sure that they just got the instructions from you, Doctor.
多蒂,因为我简直全神贯注地听着你每一句话。
Doty, because I'm like hanging on every word.
这个过程有几个步骤,因为你用了铅笔,进行了书写,而且如果你在YouTube上观看,你亲眼看到了。
And so there were a couple steps to that because you had the physical pencil, you had the act of writing, you had this moment where if you're watching on YouTube, you saw it.
但如果你是在听,让我来描述一下。
But if you're listening, let me describe it.
他向后靠在椅子上。
He sat back in his chair.
他将双手合十放在胸前,闭上眼睛,开始谈论重复这个想法。
He put his hands kind of in prayer at his chest, closed his eyes, and he started talking about repeating the thought.
这就是你用来将它编码进大脑的步骤序列吗?
Is that the chain of events that you do to encode it in your mind?
是的。
Yes.
当然。
Absolutely.
那么,你能再给我们详细讲一遍吗?
So we so what is will you walk us through it one more time?
是的。
Yes.
所以,你想要做的是尽可能多地调动你的所有感官,来强化这一意图。
So again, what you want to do is to use all of your sensory organs as much as possible to embed that intention.
通过写下来、大声朗读、在脑海中想象,这些行为共同构成了将这一意图植入你潜意识的过程。
So by writing it down, by reading it aloud, by visualizing it, that creates the process where this gets embedded into your subconscious.
一旦你成功将其内化,它就会激活大脑的不同区域。
And what happens is once you get this embedded, it activates different parts of your brain.
而且不涉及太多技术细节,其中一个叫做默认模式网络。
And without getting too technical, one is something called the default mode network.
所以,默认模式网络。
So the default mode network.
是的。
Yes.
这就是当你的思绪飘散或陷入白日梦时所发生的情况。
So this is what happens when your mind wonders, or you're daydreaming.
它是自我指涉的,因为它专注于内在,但正是在这里你构建了关于你是谁或你想要什么的叙事。
And it's self referential because it's internally focused, but it's where you create the narrative of who you are or what you want.
所以如果你有消极的自我对话,如果你反复思虑,比如‘我永远不够好’,‘我做什么都不顺利’。
So if you have negative self talk, if you ruminate, if you are like, I'm never good enough, nothing works out for me.
像这样的事情不会发生在我这样的人身上。
Things like that don't happen to a person like me.
我永远都做不好。
I can never get it right.
这确实如此。
That is Absolutely.
在默认模式下
In the default mode
这对一些人来说会变得非常活跃,并导致反复思虑。
And that gets really activated and results in rumination for some people.
我可以再问你一个问题吗?
Can I ask you another question?
因为你在最开始提到的一件事是,你描绘了一幅美丽的图景,展示了如何利用大脑非凡的力量,帮助你获得生命中真正渴望的东西,帮助你活在心流状态。
Because one of the things that you said at the very, very beginning is you painted this gorgeous picture of the ability to leverage the remarkable power of your brain to help you get what you truly desire in life, to help you live in heart mode.
你说这仅仅关乎相信它。
And you said it's just about believing it.
而我们难以相信它的部分原因,就在于默认模式网络,以及你一遍又一遍重复的这些故事。
And part of the reason why we have trouble believing it is because of the default mode network and all of these stories you've repeated over and over and over again.
这样说公平吗?
Is that is that fair to say?
不。
No.
完全正确。
That's exactly, correct.
而且而且
And and
我们能否重新编程,或者铺设一条新的轨道?
Can we can reprogram or we can lay down a new track?
当然了。
Oh, absolutely.
而且它随时可用,24小时不间断,不管你过去经历过什么。
And it's available, twenty four seven, and it doesn't matter what's happened to you before.
你知道,很多人会陷入执念。
You know, so many people get fixated.
我不配得到这些,但其实我们都配得上。
Well, I don't deserve this because of we all deserve it.
一旦这种信念被内化,你为自己塑造了想要成为的样子或对自己的认知,你就是在创造显著性。
So once this gets embedded and you create the narrative of who you want to be or how you see yourself, what you're doing is you're creating salience.
明白吗?
Okay?
这个词是什么意思?
What's that word mean?
意思是让它变得重要。
It means making it important.
明白吗?
Okay?
一旦某件事变得重要,就会激活我们所说的任务正向网络。
Once something is important, this activates what we call our task positive network.
而任务正向网络由三个部分组成。
And the task positive network has three parts.
它包括显著性网络。
It has the salience network.
它包括注意力网络。
It has the attention network.
然后它还包括执行控制网络。
And then it has the executive control network.
一旦某件事具有显著性,你实际上就是在说:这件事值得我关注。
And once something is salient, what you're basically saying is this deserves my attention.
而且
And
通过以一种非常特定的方式去做,这件事就会对你变得重要。
by doing it in a very specific way, then that becomes important to you.
这会深植于你的潜意识中,成为你需要关注的事情。
That gets embedded into your subconscious as something to pay attention to.
一旦这被定义为你重要的事情,就会激活你的注意力网络,从而使你在认知上将注意力集中在该意图上。
Once that is defined as something important to you, then that activates your attention network so that then you cognitively focus your attention on whatever that intention is.
好的。
Okay.
一旦这些被激活,我在书中用了一个类比,就像你有一个文件柜,然后把这份标着‘重要事项’的文件放进去。
Once those are activated, and, I use the analogy in the book, it's as if you've have a file cabinet and you put this file into the file cabinet that says important stuff.
一旦文件放好,注意力网络就会被激活,举个例子,就像一只寻血猎犬,它说:好吧。
And once that is there, then the attention network is activated, which is, as an example, a bloodhound that is it says, okay.
现在那里有东西了。
Now there's something there.
我需要追踪它,弄清楚这里发生了什么。
I need to track this down and figure out what's going on here.
然后你激活了血猎犬,它就会开始运作。
Then you activate the Bloodhound and then that gets released.
一旦注意力集中,它就会开始在你环境中的各种可能性中搜索。
And then once that attention is focused, then it starts looking around through all the possibilities in your environment.
一旦它识别出目标,你的执行控制网络就会被激活,这在某种程度上是追踪你潜意识内容的机制。
And as soon as it identifies one, then your executive control network is activated, which in some ways is the thing that chases down what is in your subconscious.
这就是它的运作方式。
And this is how it works.
这里没有魔法。
There is no magic here.
这本质上是基础的神经科学,我们每个人都能通过这些方法掌握,因为你能将你的意图深植于心。
This is fundamentally basic neuroscience and is something that we all have the ability to master by just doing these techniques whereby you are able to embed your intention.
你要一遍又一遍地去做。
You do it over and over.
这并不是做一次就完事的。
And it's not as if one and done.
我所说的意思是,有些人一觉醒来就立下新年决心。
And what I mean by that is some people wake up and this is like a New Year's resolution.
我要从1月1日开始做这件事。
I'm going to do this January 1.
结果1月1日一到,你第一天就失败了。
And then January 1 comes and you already failed the first day.
一开始你不能设定过高的期望。
You have to not have excessive expectations at first.
我的意思是,这些都基于习惯。
What I mean by that is these are based on habit.
习惯是怎么形成的?
What happens with habit?
你要从小事做起。
You start small.
你不能坐那儿说,我下个月就要减掉一百磅。
You don't sit there and say, I'm gonna lose a 100 pounds in the next month.
你说,我要试着调整饮食,不再喝碳酸饮料。
You say, I'm gonna try to modify my diet where I'm not drinking sodas.
这是第一个小目标。
That's the first little one.
每一个这样的小胜利都会增强你的信心,最终让你能够完成大事。
And each of these little wins strengthens you to actually then do the big thing ultimately.
所以你不会在第一天就跑去跑马拉松,而是先从起床散步一圈开始。
So you don't start by running a marathon on day one, you start by getting up out of bed and walking around the block.
我非常感谢你,尤其是作为一名神经科学家,为我们详细讲解了大脑的这四个部分,并用科学验证了这是激活重塑思维能力的机制。
I really appreciate you, especially as a neuroscientist, walking us through all those four parts of the brain and validating that based on the science, this is the mechanism through which you can activate the ability to reprogram your mind.
当我们谈论通过重复来形成新习惯时,我想大多数人都明白,比如戒掉喝碳酸饮料这件事。
When we talk about forming new habits through repetition, I think most of us understand that if you want to, let's just take the example of stop drinking soda.
我每天都必须采取一个具体的行动,不管我喜不喜欢。
There is a specific physical action that I have to do every day, whether I like it or not.
而坚持不喝碳酸饮料,只专注于喝水或其他非碳酸饮料,这种重复,我明白了。
And the consistency of not drinking just focusing on drinking water or a non soda beverage, that repetition, I get it.
我知道我需要做什么。
I know what I need to do.
我看到人们出问题的地方在于,当涉及到消极的自我对话时,这种想法已经深深植根于潜意识中。
Where I see people trip up is that when it comes to negative self talk, it is so embedded in the subconscious.
你已经这样思考了这么久,而且因为它一直存在于你脑海的角落,不像多喝水或每天散步那样是你可以外部观察到的具体行为。
You've been thinking this way for so long and because it's there in the back of your mind, unlike learning to drink more water or learning to go for a walk every day, it's not a physical thing that you kind of see outside yourself.
这实际上是深植于内心的编程。
This is actually programming deep within.
所以你能帮我和听众理解一下吗?
And so could you help me and the person listening understand?
假设你一生中都一直有这样一个念头在脑海中:我不够好。
Let's say that you have for your entire life had this narrative in your mind where like, I'm not good enough.
我该如何运用你刚才提到的这四个大脑部分和相关技巧,一步一步地重新编程我默认模式网络中的自我对话方式?你可以选一个例子,因为你是最了解这套技巧并教给全世界的人。
How do I use these four parts of the brain and the technique you just described step by step to program a completely different way of talking to myself in my default mode network and pick whatever because you are the expert teaching people around the world this technique.
所以,请选一个你认为最常见的默认消极自我对话信念。
So pick whatever you believe is the most common default negative self talker belief.
然后你能一步步告诉我吗,医生,我该怎么做?
And then if you could walk us step by step, what am I doing Doctor.
多蒂,我每天该做什么?
Doty every day?
首先,人们需要认识到,作为人类,我们背负的负担就是消极的自我对话。
Well, think the first thing people need to recognize is the burden we carry as a human being is negative self talk.
它不会完全消失。
It is not going to go a 100% away.
事实就是这样。
That's just the way it is.
事实上,我经常谈论这些,我会问人们:你们有多少人有消极的自我对话?
In fact, I was you know, I speak about these things and I have I say to people, how many of you have negative self talk?
通常有90%的人会举手。
And usually 90% of people raise their hand.
我会说,剩下的10%在撒谎。
I say the other 10% are lying.
而且,从理论上讲,我不在乎。
And and I don't care in theory.
我的意思是,显然你已经检查过这些领域了。
I mean, obviously, you have examined these areas.
我也检查过这些领域。
I have examined these areas.
我仍然会有负面的自我对话。
I still have negative self talk.
但关键在于,面对负面的自我对话时,你能安然处之。
The key is though, in the face of the negative self talk, you're okay.
要明白它是什么,不要让它压垮你,让你坐在那里想:天啊,我太糟糕了。
And understand what it is and not let it overpower you where you sit there and go, oh god, I'm horrible.
你只是反复琢磨它,认清它的本质,然后任它存在。
And you just ruminate over this, recognize for what it is and let it sit there.
你不需要对它做任何事。
You don't have to do anything with it.
这就是正念冥想的基本实践。
And this is the fundamental practice of mindfulness meditation.
但我认为不同之处,也是我们在斯坦福所教授的,是对自己保持慈悲。
But the aspect which I think is different and actually what we teach at Stanford is to have compassion for self.
当你给自己这些积极的肯定时,你会说:你值得,你足够好,你配得上。
And this is when you give yourself these positive affirmations and you say you're worthy, you're good enough, you deserve.
而很多消极的自我对话源自哪里?
And a lot of the negative self talk comes from where?
它源自我们童年时期背负的包袱。
It comes from the baggage that we carry from our childhoods.
而这正是很多人没有意识到的。
And this is what a lot of people don't appreciate.
你时时刻刻都在塑造现实。
You're manifesting all the time.
但人们没有意识到的是,他们生活中许多决定——包括人际关系、工作以及各种选择——实际上都是基于他们背负的包袱,也就是他们人生故事的叙事。
What people don't realize though is that many of the decisions they make in their lives, the relationships, the jobs they have, the decisions they make are actually based on the baggage that they carry and that is the narrative of their story.
因此,我认为你首先要做的就是静下心来,无论是通过与治疗师的对话,还是通过写下来反思,去理解你是如何成为今天的自己的,从而意识到是什么造就了这一切。
And so one of the first things I think you have to do is to sit back and whether it's with a therapist reflection where you're writing things down and trying to understand how you become you, to have some awareness of what created this.
一旦你获得了这种洞察,就能减少被它影响或深信不疑,而是明白这不过是人类天性的一部分,这没什么大不了的。
And once you have that insight, then that allows you to not be as affected or to believe it, but understand that it's the nature of how humans are wired and it's okay.
这不会改变。
That's not gonna change.
某种程度上,这也像是接纳你的阴影自我。
And in some ways, it's like also accepting your shadow self.
对吧?
Right?
我们每个人都有让自己感到羞愧、尴尬的部分。
All of us have a part of us that we're ashamed of, we're embarrassed about.
我们有时确实做过一些可怕的事情。
We've done actions that are horrible sometimes.
你无法将你的阴影推开。
And you can't push your shadow away.
你必须接受它,并将其融入你的自我之中。
You have to accept it and integrate it into who you are.
这一点对这种情况也同样适用。
And the same is true of this.
一旦你能做到这一点,内在批评者的影响力就会减弱。
So once you're able to do that, that lessens the power of that inner critic.
所以让我试着再翻译一下,因为你大脑真的很厉害。
So let me see if I can just, again, translate this because you've got a really big brain.
你擅长处理大脑相关的问题,而且你与我们这个时代最伟大的精神领袖都是朋友。
You operate on brains and you are friends with the biggest spiritual leaders of our time.
你教授同情心、显化和可视化,所有这些内容。
And you teach compassion, manifestation, visualization, all of this.
我只是想确保我做好我的工作,让你在聆听时,真正能够吸收这些非凡的智慧和道蒂博士的馈赠。
And I just want to make sure that I do my job and that as you're listening, that you truly are able to take all of this extraordinary wisdom and the gift of Doctor.
并加以运用。
Doty and apply it.
所以我听到你说,如果你拿一张纸,开始写下童年的经历让你对自己产生了哪些信念,那么第一步就是把这些写下来,帮助你与之分离,看清它本质上只是一个故事,就像书中的故事一样,是你不断对自己重复讲述的内容。
And so I heard you say that if you were to take out a piece of paper and you were to just start journaling around what did my childhood make me believe about myself, that that first step of seeing that in writing helps you separate from it and see it for what it is, which is it is a story just like a story in a book that is something you've been telling yourself over and over.
而与之分离,就是第一步。
And just separating yourself from it is the first step.
但我好奇的是,我该如何开始学习一个新的故事呢?
The thing I'm curious about though is how I start to learn a new story.
因为,比如说,如果我们拿一支长笛进来,对吧?
Because for example, if we, if we were to bring in a flute, right?
如果我把它递给你,你能吹奏吗?
And, and, and, would you be able to play a flute if I handed it to you?
当然不能。
Of course not.
是的,我也不能。
Yeah, me either.
但如果我练习一年,我大概就能学会。
But if I practiced it for a year, I could probably learn it.
所以我假设,即使我已经分开来看,并意识到‘我的童年让我相信自己是X’,也一定有一种方法。
And so I'm assuming that there's a technique, even once I separate and go, oh, my childhood taught me to think X about myself.
那么,利用显化和视觉化的科学来为自己编写一个新故事,具体方法是什么?
What is the technique for how you use the science of manifestation and visualization to start to write a new story about yourself?
不。
No.
我认为这是个非常好的问题。
I think that's an excellent question.
事实上,第一步是理解你已经显化了什么。
And in fact, the first step is understanding what you've already been manifesting.
那就是负面的东西。
Which is the negative.
是的。
Yes.
你之所以显化了它,是因为你在潜意识中反复重复它,并且从童年起就整天与这些想法互动。
And you've been manifesting it because you've repeated it in your subconscious and you've interacted with those thoughts all day long since your childhood.
这也是一种显化形式。
And that is a form of manifestation.
这证明了显化是有效的,因为你一再重复它。
It proves that it works because you've just repeated it over and over.
我相信你一定遇到过这样的人,他们说:天啊,我都第三次离婚了。
Well, I'm sure you've met people who go, gosh, I'm going through my third divorce.
而且每次都是和同一个人结婚。
And it's like, married the same person every time.
你会说:是的,你确实如此。
And you're like, yes, you did.
对。
Yeah.
因为你显化了它,因为你一遍又一遍地用同样的方式思考。
Because you manifested it because you think the same way over and over and over again.
所以我们确实有能力改变这个叙事。
So we do have the power to change that narrative.
好的。
Okay.
接下来我们要讨论的是,之前稍微提到过的,区分你真正想要的和你以为自己想要的,以及你真正需要的。
And then the next thing is, which we discussed a little bit, is understanding the difference between what you want or think you want and what you need.
但是医生。
But Doctor.
多蒂,我不想考虑我需要什么。
Doty, I don't want to think about what I need.
我想考虑我想要什么。
I want to think about what I want.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
就是,我想得到那个东西。
Like, but I want the but I want that thing.
但我想要这个。
But I want this.
但我想要那个。
But I want that.
但我想要另一样东西。
But I want the other thing.
嗯,有趣的是,你这么说,因为人们常说:‘吉姆,你不是一直批评物质主义吗?’
Well, you know, it's funny you say that because people say, geez, Jim, you know, you you sort of lambast this idea about materialism.
听我说,我根本不是这样。
Listen, I don't at all.
我喜欢物质的东西。
I like material things.
我开一辆保时捷。
I drive a Porsche.
我住在一个非常好的房子里。
I live in a very nice house.
你看,你把这一切都实现了。
See, you manifested all of this.
这是真的。
That is true.
但不同的是,第一,这些东西很好拥有。
But the difference though, is one, they're wonderful to have.
但它们并不是必需的。
They're not necessary.
我的意思是,如果所有这些东西都被拿走了,也不会影响我对自我的认知。
What I mean by that is if all of these things were taken away from me, it has no impact on who I see myself as.
我并不是用它们来寻求外界的认可。
I am not using them for external validation.
我使用它们是因为我喜欢它们。
I'm using them because I enjoy them.
这是两回事。
And those are different things.
那些追逐物质、需要外界肯定的人,他们的身份感就建立在这些上面,这会导致痛苦,因为他们永远得不到想要的东西。
People who chase after stuff, the I part, who need external affirmation, that is their identity, and that causes suffering because they never get what they want.
相反,如果你以爱或用心的状态来看待,专注于你帮助他人的画面,你就会获得所有这些其他东西。
Versus if you look through the love or the heart mode and you're focused on a image of you helping other people, you get all of these other things.
如果你想要,它们都会向你敞开。
They're available to you if you want them.
但实现这一切最根本的方式,是让自己保持中心,处于平静的状态,以‘我如何才能更有帮助?’的视角去看待一切。
But the way the greatest way to manifest is to have yourself centered, to be in a calm mode, to look through the lens of how can I be helpful?
然后,如果你愿意,其他的一切也会随之而来。
And then that gives you all the other stuff if you so desire.
但如果你只专注于这些,就不会得到它们。
But focusing solely on that doesn't get that.
你并没有过一种有目标和意义的生活。
You're not living a life of purpose and meaning.
你只是在追逐快乐,逃避痛苦。
You're chasing pleasure and avoiding pain.
虽然这可能会让一些人说,我很幸福。
And while that can sort of cause some people to say, I'm happy.
如果你仔细观察,这些大多数人可能在某个层面上是快乐的,但这种快乐是短暂而肤浅的;而如果你追求目的和意义,那种快乐才是深刻且持久的。
If you actually look at the most of these people may be happy on one level, but that happiness is transitory and shallow versus if you chase purpose and meaning that is deep and long lasting.
哇。
Wow.
你知道吗,医生。
You know, Doctor.
多蒂,现在似乎是该暂停一下的好时机。
Doty, this feels like a good time to hit the pause button.
我们将在听完赞助商的简短广告后继续。
And we're going to continue after we hear a short word from our sponsors.
如果你从这段内容中有所收获——你怎么可能没有呢?
And if you're getting something out of this and how could you not?
我希望你把这段内容分享给每一个人。
I want you to share this with everyone.
医生。
Doctor.
多蒂是我们每个人的改变人生的礼物。
Doty is a life changing gift to all of us.
每个人都值得学习、了解并能够运用这些知识。
Everybody deserves to learn this, to know this and to be able to use it.
因此,提前感谢你将这些内容分享给你在乎的人。
So thank you in advance for sharing this with the people that you care about.
请不要离开,因为在短暂的广告之后,我们会继续回来。
And don't go anywhere because we're going to be waiting for you after a very short break.
关于显化科学,我们还有很多内容要探讨。
And we got a lot more to cover on the science of manifestation.
请继续关注我们。
Stay with us.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your friend Mel Robbins.
今天,你和我要向斯坦福神经外科医生学习关于显化科学的一切,
And today you and I are learning all about the science of manifestation from Stanford neurosurgeon, Doctor.
詹姆斯·多蒂博士。
James Doty.
你刚才说的那句话,我想确保拿出我的魔法荧光笔,特别强调一下。
You just said something that I want to make sure I take out my magic highlighter and I call attention to.
那就是,如果去掉所有物质层面的东西,你是否仍然对自己感到满意
That if you were to remove all of the material stuff, do you actually still feel good about who you
是吗?
are?
完全正确。
Absolutely.
拥有这些东西来享受是一回事,但需要这些东西来定义你的价值则是另一个完全不同的议题,根据研究,你说这会导致不快乐。
And having those things to enjoy them is one thing, But needing those things to define your worth is a completely separate issue that based on research you're saying leads to unhappiness.
既然我们谈到物质物品,你能解释一下视觉化的科学吗?或者说视觉化和显化是同一回事吗?
And since we're talking about material items though, can you explain how the science of visualization or man are visualization and manifestation the same things?
是的。
Yes.
好的。
Okay.
那么,显化科学如何帮助你实现目标,或者帮助你获得生活中想要的物质东西呢?
So how does the science of manifestation help you achieve goals or help you get material things if that's something that you would like to have in your life?
让我给你举个例子。
Well, let me give you an example.
当我12岁的时候,我列了一份所有物质愿望的清单,而我实现了清单上的每一样东西。
I mean, when I was 12, I had a list of all material things and I got every one of them.
清单上都有什么?
What was on the list?
我成为了一名神经外科医生,一名斯坦福大学的教授。
I become a neurosurgeon, a professor at Stanford.
我拥有了所有的物质成功。
I have all this material success.
我是一位成功的创业者。
I'm a successful entrepreneur.
我拥有数百万甚至上千万美元。
I have millions and millions of dollars.
我住在纽波特海滩,有一栋俯瞰海湾的豪宅。
I'm, I have a home overlooking the bay in Newport Beach.
我在佛罗伦萨拥有一座别墅。
I have a villa in Florence.
我们都有
I have We're all
我现在已经开始讨厌你了。
starting to hate you right now.
是的。
Yes.
领先。
Ahead.
那时候我是单身,一直在和很多漂亮的女生约会。
And, you know, I was single at the time and I was dating all these attractive women.
我所有的朋友都说:天啊,你的生活太棒了。
And all my friends said, God, your life is so great, man.
看看你。
Look at you.
但我却是我一生中最不快乐的时候,因为我总期待着:好吧,我要爬这座山,然后我就会对自己感到满意。
Yet, I was never more miserable in my entire life because I kept expecting, okay, I'm going to climb this mountain and then I'm going to feel good about myself.
然后我会去爬下一座山。
Then I'm going to climb the next mountain.
我会对自己感到满意。
I'm going to feel good about myself.
但我从未对自己感到满意。
And I never felt good about myself.
这些都没让我对自己感到满意。
None of that stuff made me feel good about myself.
事实上,我在互联网泡沫破裂期间损失了八千万美元。
And in fact, I I don't, you know, I lost $80,000,000 during the .com crash.
结果,这当然引起了我的注意,因为我当时负债三百万美元,还有一千五百万美元的贷款。
And as a result, of course, that gets your attention because I was $3,000,000 in debt and I had a $15,000,000 loan.
因此,我经历了一段深刻的自我反思,因为我想要弄清楚在这个过程中我究竟犯了什么错误,毕竟我以为自己已经做到了一切。
And as a result, had I went through a period of steep self reflection because I I wanted to understand what mistake had I made in this process because I'd done everything I thought.
原因是我只关注于:看我做到了什么,让我对自己感觉良好。
And it was because I was focused on, look at me, I did this, make me feel good about myself.
而我一直在追逐的,正是这个。
And that's what I was chasing.
但这并没有帮助到我。
And it didn't help me.
于是,我不得不面对这场巨大的损失。
And so here I am having to deal with this massive loss.
我正在出售所有这些资产。
I'm selling all of this.
你知道的,我曾经有一辆法拉利、一辆保时捷、一辆揽胜、一辆宝马和一辆奔驰。
You know, had a Ferrari, a Porsche, a Range Rover, BMW, a Mercedes.
我有一栋价值数百万美元、俯瞰海湾的房子。
I had a several million dollar house overlooking the bay.
我不得不卖掉所有这些东西。
I had to sell all of this stuff.
在那段时期,我不得不与我的银行家打交道,当然,他想要回他的钱。
And it was interesting, during that situation, I had to deal with my banker, of course, who wanted his money.
我还得与我的律师打交道,因为我设立了一系列不同的信托。
And I had to deal with my lawyers because I had set up a variety of different trusts.
但我设立了一个慈善信托,并将股票注入其中。
But I had set up a charitable trust and had put stock into it.
老实说,这很可能是个避税手段。
Honestly, it was probably a tax avoidance thing.
并不是因为吉姆·多蒂特别善良。
It wasn't because Jim Doty was super nice.
对。
Right.
所以,我在和我的律师打交道,他说:‘吉姆,我有个好消息告诉你。’
So, I was dealing with my lawyer and he said, look, Jim, I have some good news for you.
我们其实从未完成那个信托的文件手续,所以你不必捐出任何股票。
We actually never completed the paperwork for that trust, so you don't have to give any of that stock away.
你可以直接保留它们。
You can just keep it.
我为此经历了一段深刻的反思。
And I went through this period of of deep reflection about this.
但最终,我还是告诉他,把股票捐出去吧。
And, at the end of the day, I told him to go ahead and give the stock away.
是谷歌吗?
Was it Google?
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
但那是三千万美元。
But it was $30,000,000.
但这三千万美元改变了所有事情。
But what that $30,000,000 did was it changed everything.
我在全球设立了健康诊所。
I set up health clinics around the world.
我为受艾滋病和艾滋病毒影响的青少年设立了项目。
I set up programs for adolescents who are affected by AIDS, HIV.
我为残障人士设立了项目。
I set programs for the disabled.
我资助了研究。
I funded research.
我设立了讲席教授职位。
I set up Endowed chairs.
但某种程度上,这是一条有趣的轨迹,因为我真的从一无所有走向了富有,然后在精神层面上又回到了一无所有。
And in some ways, though, it was an interesting trajectory because I went truly from rags to riches, literally, to rags again in terms of the spiritual.
好的。
Okay.
我所做的事情并没有抚慰我的灵魂。
What I was doing was not soothing my soul.
所以当我倾其所有,面对三百万美元的债务时,一切才真正发生了转变。
And so when I gave everything away, being in the face of $3,000,000 in the hole, that is when everything changed.
正是在那时,我在斯坦福创立了研究慈悲的中心。
This is where I started the center at Stanford that studies compassion.
我见到了达赖喇嘛尊者。
I met his holiness, the Dalai Lama.
我与这些精神和宗教领袖建立了深厚的关系,这对我的人生产生了极其深远的影响。
I developed these relationships with all of these spiritual and religious leaders, which has been incredibly, incredibly impactful in my life.
所以,这是一种不同的从贫到富。
And so it's a different rags to riches.
这个故事中有太多方面我想深入探讨,因为我的人生中曾多次陷入一无所有、甚至可能失去一切我所珍视的东西的境地。
There are so many aspects of that story I want to unpack because I have been in a, I've been in many moments of my life where I had nothing and was on the verge of losing everything that I cared about.
但假如我听到有人谈论保时捷、这个那个,然后你失去了一切,接着迎来精神觉醒,我听着还是会想:这对你来说真不错,但我现在连买杂货的钱都凑不出来,我依然想要一辆保时捷。
But if I had heard somebody talking about Porsches and this and that and the other thing, and then you lose it all and then you have a spiritual waking, I would still, as I'm listening, go, that's nice for you, but I am having trouble putting groceries on the table and I still would love a Porsche.
我知道,因为我了解你的背景,对你而言,唤醒人们内心对生命更深层意义的觉知,以及如何以科学的方式运用显化与可视化来真正释放潜能,是多么重要。
And I know, because I know some of your background, how important it is for you to awaken something inside of people about the deeper meaning of life and the way to use manifestation and visualization and the science of all this in a way to truly unlock your potential.
对于那些正在苦苦挣扎、从未经历过表面意义上的富足的人,你该如何让他们真正理解:他们其实可以运用这些工具——脱离过去的叙事、明确自己想相信的自我认知,然后写下来、相信它、重复它,尝试打开心扉,活在‘心之模式’中?
And how would you have somebody who's listening, who is really struggling and never has achieved that moment of riches that is surface level, truly grasp the power of what is available to them to use these tools of separating from your past story and identifying what you want to believe about yourself and then writing it and believing it and repeating it and trying to open up your heart and live in this heart mode.
当我们真正投入、信任你,即使在你深陷困境、似乎金钱才是解决方案的时候,你究竟可以获得什么?
What is available to you if we lean in and trust you even when you're really struggling and it seems like money is the solution?
不。
No.
不。
No.
你说得完全对。
You're absolutely right.
我不希望给人留下这样的印象:看看我最糟糕的时候,我是一名神经外科医生,收入超过99.9%的人。
And, I don't want to give anybody the impression that, look, my worst day, I was a neurosurgeon making more than 99.9% of people.
所以,尽管我失去了所有财富,陷入债务,但我确实有恢复的能力。
So even though I lost all this money and was in the hole, I certainly had the ability to recover.
但大多数人并没有这种能力。
And most people don't have that.
因此,我必须明确承认这一点。
So I certainly want to acknowledge that.
我并不是说我的故事就是每个人的故事。
And I'm not saying that my story is everyone's story.
听好了,我出身极其卑微。
Listen, I started from very, very humble beginnings.
但这个故事的核心在于,你身处何处并不重要,重要的是你相信什么。
But the fundamental aspect of the story is it doesn't matter where you're at, it matters what you believe.
当你有消极的自我对话,建立起这些局限性的信念体系时,你就是在为自己打造一座牢笼。
And when you have this negative self talk and you create these limited belief systems, that is the prison you're creating for yourself.
但第一步是要明白,是的,境遇可能非常糟糕。
And the first step though, is to understand that, yes, circumstances can be very horrible.
是的,境遇可能导致你连家人都养活不了。
Yes, circumstances can result in you not even being able to feed your family.
我真心承认这一点,因为我深知饥饿的感觉。
And I truly acknowledge that because I know what it's like to be hungry.
但无论如何,你依然有希望。
But regardless, you have possibilities.
当你能够打断这种消极的信念体系,当你能够以可能性的视角来看待问题时。
When you're able to interrupt that negative belief system, when you're able to look through the lens of possibilities.
因为当你消极时,当你认为这不可能、世界与我为敌时。
Because when you are negative, when you say it's not possible, the world is against me.
每个人都讨厌我。
Everybody hates me.
嗯哼。
Mhmm.
从根本上讲,你正在改变自己的生理状态。
Fundamentally, you're changing your physiology.
正如你可能知道的,我们的身体会产生振荡或振动。
And as you probably know, we have oscillation or vibrations that come from our bodies.
其中最显著的一种来自你的心脏。
And one of the greatest ones is from your heart.
如果你有消极的自我对话,如果你制造了这种负面情绪,它就会向外传播。
If you have this negative self talk, if you create this negativity, that goes out.
来自你心脏的生物电能量可以延伸到身体外三到五英尺的距离。
The bioelectrical energy that comes from your heart extends three to five feet outside your body.
我相信你之前提到过,你一定有过这样的体验。
And I'm sure you've experienced you were mentioning something early.
天啊,你进来的时候,让我感觉很好。
Gosh, when you walked in, you made me feel good.
这是我们每个人都能够给予他人的礼物。
That is a gift all of us have to give people.
我相信你一定遇到过这样的人,一见面你就觉得:我不喜欢这个人。
And I'm sure you've met people who as soon as you meet them go, I do not like that person.
我们每个人都有能力成为前者,而不是后者。
All of us have the ability to become the former, not the latter.
这取决于你如何看待这个世界。
It's how you look at the world.
当你改变看待世界的方式,不再从负面的角度看待困境时,这里其实充满了无限可能。
And when you change how you look at the world from that one of negativity because, you know, your situation is difficult to look at, there are amazing possibilities here.
因为我常对人们说,当我改变看待世界的方式时,世界也改变了看待我的方式。
Because what I tell people, when I changed how I looked at the world, the world changed how it looked at me.
因为人们主动向我靠近,因为我对此敞开心扉。
Because people reached out to me because I was open to it.
我心怀感激。
I was appreciative.
我心存感恩。
I was thankful.
我没有坐在那里想,世界讨厌我。
I didn't sit there and say, the world hates me.
没人会做任何事。
Nobody's gonna do anything.
当你改变看待世界的方式时,这种能量也会改变。
That energy changes when you change how you look at the world.
你所说的这种能量,是指从恐惧模式转向心流模式的能力。还有很多研究和科学内容是你所写的,关于处于心流模式时,你从服务的心态出发,积极地展现和想象关于自己的正面信念。
And the energy you're talking about is the ability to move yourself from a fear mode And into a heart there's also a lot of research and science that you write about and how being in that heart mode, where you're coming from a place of service, where you are actively manifesting and visualizing positive beliefs about yourself.
我很好。
I am good.
我值得被爱。
I am worthy.
我被爱着。
I am loved.
你平时会说些什么来帮助自己进入心流模式?
What are the things that you say that help you drop into heart mode?
这听起来可能有点奇怪,但从根本上说,我们所创造的世界正是我们自己创造的。
This may sound strange, but fundamentally the world we create is one we create.
这是我们为自己营造的一种幻觉。
It is a delusion that we have created for ourselves.
这种幻觉可能是‘世界讨厌我,人人都讨厌我,世界与我为敌’,也可能是‘哇,看这阳光’。
And that delusion can either be one of the world hates me, everybody hates me, the world is against me, versus saying, wow, look at the sunshine.
我在这里。
I am here.
看看我周围这些了不起的人。
Look at all these amazing people around me.
看看这些可能性。
Look at the possibilities.
我并不是在说一些不真实的陈词滥调。
And I'm not saying this out of some, trope that is not true.
当你改变看待自己的方式时,这是真实的。
It is true when you change how you look at yourself.
现在,如果你想实现愿望,有几种方法。
Now, if you want to manifest, there are several techniques.
你能给我们演示其中几种吗?
And Can you walk us through a couple?
当然可以。
Sure.
不过,你首先要找一个安静的地方,让自己从恐惧状态转变为心之状态,在那里不会被打扰,没有噪音,不摄入含咖啡因的饮品,也不使用任何精神活性物质,只是单纯地活在当下。
One of the first things you have to do though, is find a place, a calm place where you can shift from being in the fear mode to the heart mode, where you're not distracted, where it's not noisy, where you're not taking caffeinated beverages or using mind altering substances where you can simply be present.
然后你可以开始进行呼吸练习。
And then you can begin a breathing exercise.
这种呼吸练习的本质——这是一种正念练习——能帮助你进入心之状态。
The very nature of that breathing exercise, and this is a mindfulness practice, gets you into the heart mode.
接着,你会开始用不同的视角看待世界。
And then you start seeing the world through a different lens.
然后你会开始,比如说,思考:我已经实现了什么?
And then you start, as an example, talking about what have I already manifested?
你就那样坐着,感受它。
And you sit there with that.
你爱自己,意味着你承认:是的,这件事确实发生了。
And you love yourself in the sense that you're saying, yes, that happened.
但首先,这种情况常常发生在孩子身上,他们会认为:这是我的错。
But number one, and this is oftentimes the case with children, they look at say, it's my fault.
这不是你的错。
It's not your fault.
你没问题。
You're okay.
无论过去发生过什么,你都依然没问题。
And you're also okay no matter what's happened in the past.
你知道吗?我们每个人都值得拥有第二次机会,有时甚至是第三次机会。
You know, all of us deserve a second chance and sometimes a third chance.
大多数人内心其实都是充满爱与善意的。
There most people are loving, kind people inside.
他们常常被外界的力量打击,使他们认为自己不配得到爱。
And they have been battered by the forces oftentimes that make them think that's not the case or that they don't deserve love.
每个人都值得被爱。
Everybody deserves love.
每个人都值得拥有尊严。
Everybody deserves dignity.
因此,当你能静下心来反思这一点,然后思考自己真正想要的是什么、什么能让你快乐时,大多数人如果真的静下心来思考,就会意识到‘买保时捷或法拉利’这种虚假的叙事。
And so when you can sit in that quiet space and reflect on this and then think about what it is you truly want, what would make you happy, most people, if they actually sit there and do it, they realize the false narrative of getting the Porsche or the Ferrari.
如果他们静下心来思考,他们真正想要的是什么?
If they sit there and think about it, what do they really want?
他们想要家人的安全。
They want security for their family.
他们想要餐桌上有食物。
They want food on the table.
他们想要一个遮风挡雨的住所。
They want shelter.
如果你从这个角度去看,那就是我在做些什么来服务我的家庭和环境,而这最终也会帮助到我。
And if you look through that lens, that is what am I doing to be of service to help my family and my environment, which will ultimately help me.
因此,在进行这些练习时,理解你所拥有的力量,同时还有一个与依附相关的方面。
And so going through those exercises, understanding the power that you have, and also, there's another aspect which is related to attachment.
造成痛苦的最大原因之一就是依附和渴望。
One of the biggest things that causes suffering is attachment and craving.
拥有目标是很好的。
And it's wonderful to have goals.
运用这些技巧来实现目标是很好的。
It's wonderful to utilize these techniques to manifest.
但这其中有一些需要注意的地方。
But there's certain caveats to that.
一是有时候事情并不会如愿实现。
One is sometimes things don't manifest.
而这并不一定是因为你做错了什么,或者上天在对你不满。
And it's not necessarily because you did anything wrong or, the gods are looking down at you badly.
有时候,你的潜意识甚至知道那对你并不好。
Sometimes your subconscious may even know that it's not good for you.
因此它不会让这种事情发生。
And it doesn't allow that to happen.
另一个问题是,事情并不总是如我们所想象的那样发生。
The other is that, things don't happen always exactly as we visualize.
它们可能接近预期,但很多时候并不完全一致。
They may approximate it, but oftentimes they're not exactly.
我有一些东西已经努力了十年或十五年,我坚信它们终会实现,但你必须有耐心。
And I have things I've been trying to manifest for ten or fifteen years, and I firmly believe they will manifest, but you have to be patient.
你必须付出努力。
You have to do the work.
你必须做这些练习。
You have to do the exercises.
而所有这些都没关系,因为我并不执着于结果。
And, all of that is okay because I'm not attached to the outcome.
这是一件至关重要的事。
And that is a critical thing.
是的。
Yes.
我想要它发生吗?
Do I want it to happen?
当然。
Absolutely.
它应该发生吗?
Should it happen?
当然。
Absolutely.
它会发生吗?
Will it happen?
也许吧。
Maybe.
也许不会。
Maybe not.
而且它更可能发生,是吗?
And it's more likely that it will?
是的。
Yes.
因为你正在用这些技巧训练你的大脑,并让自己进入一种心流状态,以促成它的发生。
Because you are training your mind using these techniques and putting yourself in a heart mode to make it happen.
你在书中写过,你的大脑无法分辨真实发生的事和生动想象的事。
You you wrote in your book, your brain can't tell the difference between what is real and vividly imagined.
通过专注于成功的感受,你训练你的大脑去期待它。
By focusing on the feeling of success, you train your brain to expect it.
当然。
Absolutely.
当你激活你的潜意识时,我敢肯定你一定经历过这种情况:在派对上人声鼎沸时,有人喊了你的名字,你立刻就会转过头去。
And when you activate your subconscious, and I'm sure you've probably experienced this, if you're at a party and it's very noisy, somebody says your name, you immediately turn.
即使在如此嘈杂的环境中,你依然能注意到自己的名字,因为它深深植根于你的内心。
Even in the dint of all this noise, you are attuned to your name because it's deeply embedded in you.
同样的道理也适用于同步现象和巧合,因为你的潜意识总是在寻找那些重要的东西。
The same is true, and this is the nature of synchronicities and coincidences, because your subconscious is always searching for what is salient.
但这表明你一直在留意各种可能性。
But it shows you that you're constantly listening for the possibilities.
这种情况一再发生在我身上,我会遇到某些事情。
And this happens to me over and over again where I will have something.
而且,这是一种倾向性乐观的态度。
And, know, there's this attitude of dispositional optimism.
我认为这至关重要。
And this is, I think, really critical.
无论发生什么,我始终对可能性保持乐观。
Regardless of everything, I always remain optimistic of possibilities.
而且,曾有一项针对越南战俘的研究。
And, you know, there was a study done in prisoners in Vietnam, prisoners of war.
有一个关于个体的特定案例。
And there's a particular case for an individual.
我的意思是,他被关了大约七八年。
I mean, he was in prison for, like, seven or eight years.
他说,支撑我活下去的是,我没有给自己设定出狱的时间限制。
He said, what kept me alive was I didn't put a time frame on me getting out.
我只是深深相信自己终会获释,并为此心怀感激。
I just had this deep feeling that I would get out and I was thankful for that.
你明白吗?
You see?
所以,无论环境多么绝望,他们依然相信可能性的存在。
So no matter how dismal the circumstance, they still believe in the possibility.
我认为这至关重要。
And I think that's critically important.
这种倾向性乐观的理念已经得到了研究。
And this idea of dispositional optimism has been studied.
而且,这就像进入心灵模式一样。
And again, it's like being in heart mode.
当你关注他人、致力于服务他人,并始终感受到存在的无限可能时,你的生理状态会达到最佳。这种状态能阻止你陷入默认模式,不再沉溺于‘什么不可能’,而是以‘什么可能’的视角看待世界。
Your physiology works at its best When you are focused on others, when you're trying to be of service, when you have this constant feeling of the amazing possibilities that exist, it stops you or limits you from going down the spiral into your default mode, ruminating about what can't be versus looking at the world through the lens of what could be.
我想进一步探讨进入心灵模式的力量,以及你刚才提到的倾向性乐观、相信事情会变好、对结果抱有希望和乐观,并对此心怀感激。
I want to expand on the power of learning how to be in the heart mode and what you just brought to the table, this dispositional optimism and the belief that things can get better, the hope and the optimism that things will turn out and feeling grateful for that.
因为当你处于心灵模式时,你多次提到我们天生就被设计为处于这种模式。
Because when you're in the heart heart mode, you've talked a lot about how we are naturally wired to be in that mode.
平静、连接、乐于服务、心怀开放。
Calm, connected, open to service, open hearted.
你能解释一下,当你处于心灵模式时感受到的积极情绪——比如感恩、同情、爱——是如何与大脑沟通,并强化你此时所想的内容的吗?这些情绪让心灵模式下的思维以非常强烈的方式在大脑中固化。
Can you explain how positive emotions, the emotions that you feel when you're in the heart mode, like gratitude, compassion, love, how do those emotions communicate to your brain and accelerate or make it stronger that what you're thinking about when you're in heart mode actually wires in a very strong way based on the emotions of heart mode.
你刚才已经说出来了。
You just said it.
哦,我说了吗?
Oh, I did?
感恩、同情和爱这些积极情绪是如何创造能力,帮助你实现或重塑大脑的?
How do positive emotions like gratitude and compassion and love, create the ability to manifest or like rewire your mind?
正如我们之前所说或讨论的,这些积极的信念体系能让你的生理机能达到最佳状态,包括你的大脑和外周生理功能。
As we said or discussed earlier, these types of positive belief systems make your physiology work its best, both your brain and your peripheral physiology.
当你的所有认知脑网络都处于最佳运作状态时,你实现意图的可能性就最大。
When all your cognitive brain networks function at their best, that is the greatest likelihood for you to manifest, your intention.
关于感恩已经有很多研究显示,仅仅坐下来写下三件你感激的事情,就能改变一切。
There's a lot of work that has been done on gratitude, showing that simply sitting down and writing three things you're grateful for changes everything.
它会改变你看待世界的方式,让你不再从‘我缺少什么’的角度去看,而是充满感激。
It changes how you view the world, how you look not from the lens of what I don't have, but how grateful you are.
举个例子,全球一半的人口每天生活费不足2.5美元。
As an example, half of the world's population lives on less than $2.50 a day.
我真是无比幸运。
I am extraordinarily blessed.
所以,无论情况有多糟——当然,我并不是说我在遭受巨大痛苦,但即便如此,我依然有起有落,也经历过一些极其打击士气的状况。
And so I no matter how bad it is, and again, and I'm not saying that I'm horribly suffering, but that being said, I still have ups and downs and have had situations which are incredibly demoralizing.
但归根结底,即使面对这些不如我所愿或不希望发生的事情,我依然心怀感恩。
But at the end of the day, I sit back and I have gratitude even in the face of these horrible things that were not as I planned or nor wanted happen.
你必须明白,无论发生什么,你都非常幸运。
And you just have to understand that regardless of all of them, you're very fortunate.
作为一名著名的神经科学家和神经外科医生,你的日常显化习惯是怎样的?
As a renowned neuroscientist and neurosurgeon, what does your daily manifestation routine look like?
你能为我们详细介绍一下吗?
Can you walk us through it?
当然。
Sure.
你需要明白,我已经冥想了五十多年了。
Now you have to understand, I've been meditating for well over fifty years.
所以某种程度上,这已经成为一种习惯,对吧?
So in some ways that becomes the habit, right?
这就是你的思维方式。
It is your mindset.
这是你看待世界的方式。
It is how you look at the world.
这是你行走于世的方式。
It is how you walk in the world.
希望它是通过爱的方式,尽管并不总是如此。
And hopefully, it's through the love mode, although not always.
我向你保证,我妻子会生我的气,她说:别人叫你慈悲先生,但你是个混蛋。
And I will assure you my wife will get mad at me and she'll say, they call you mister compassion, but you're an asshole.
所以知道你是普通人很好。
So so That's good to know you're human.
是的。
Yes.
我非常人性化。
I am very human.
那么让我先从早晨开始。
So let me start with the morning first.
每天早上,我醒来后都会坐在床边做呼吸练习。
Every morning, I wake up and I sit at the side of the bed and I do a breathing exercise.
这种呼吸练习的本质能让我进入副交感神经系统。
And the very nature of that breathing exercise shifts me into the parasympathetic nervous system.
那呼吸练习具体是怎样的?
And what is the breathing exercise?
就是慢慢地用鼻子吸气,屏住四秒钟,再缓慢地呼出。
It's just slowly breathing in through the nose, holding it for four seconds, slowly letting it out.
我会这样做一到两分钟。
And I do this for a minute or two.
你可以坐着,也可以躺着。
You can sit, you can lay down.
没有固定的形式要求。
There's nothing that is prescriptive.
人们在正念练习上常常在这里迷失方向。
And this is where people get lost about mindfulness practices.
他们总觉得必须像佛陀一样盘坐才能做,因此变得非常焦虑。
They somehow think you have to sit like a Buddha and do this, and they get all anxious about it.
完全没必要感到焦虑。
There's no reason to be anxious at all.
只是找到一个让你感觉舒服的地方就行。
It's just to find a place where you feel comfortable.
然后我会进行这个呼吸练习:用鼻子缓慢吸气四到六秒,屏住呼吸四到六秒,再通过嘴巴缓慢呼出。
And then I go through this breathing exercise of slowly breathing in for four to six seconds, holding it for four to six seconds, slowly letting it out through the mouth.
这样能让我进入副交感神经系统,或者强化我已有的状态。
And then that shifts me into the parasympathetic nervous system or strengthens where I'm already at.
接着我会去感受身处这个世界时的喜悦与惊叹。
And then I think of the joy and awe of being in this world.
然后我就这样静静地体会一到两分钟。
And I just sit with that for a minute or two.
之后,我就会逐个默念字母表,这能让我一整天都保持专注。
And then literally, I just go through that alphabet and that centers me for the day.
如果我以这种专注的状态来看待事物,这实际上会为我创造实现目标的环境,因为我处于正确的心态中。
And if I'm centered looking through that lens, then that actually creates the environment for me to manifest because I am in the right mindset.
我保持平静。
I'm calm.
我深思熟虑。
I'm thoughtful.
我在考虑他人。
I'm thinking about others.
我不只关注自己。
I'm not self focused.
而这种状态的本质,正让我能够实现目标。
And the very nature of that allows me to manifest.
现在,我原本打算在晚上提到,我们每个人都有目标。
Now, I was going to mention in the evening, all of us have goals.
我们每个人都有意图。
All of us have intentions.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。