本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎收听梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins podcast.
我早就想和你聊聊了。
I have been dying to talk to you.
我太高兴你今天在这里了,因为我有个特别搞笑的故事,要告诉你前几天在工作时发生的事。
I'm so excited that you're here today because I have a hilarious story to tell you about what happened at work the other day.
这个故事会解释为什么你的生活、我的生活,为什么感觉比应该的更艰难,更重要的是,我们该怎么做。
This is gonna explain why your life, why my life, why it just feels harder than it should, and more importantly, what we're gonna do about it.
所以,先说这个故事。
So first, the story.
我们正在吃午饭,我们One Four Three工作室的优秀制作人卡梅伦转向我们所有人,说:‘你们听好了。’
So we're all having lunch, and Cameron, one of our amazing producers here at one four three studios, turns to us all and is like, so check this out, you guys.
我的电视遥控器坏了,她讲这个故事的时候还笑着。
My TV remote stopped working, and she was kinda laughing as she was telling the story.
她说:‘你知道吗,我打开后盖一看,电池没电了。’
And she said, so, you know, I opened up the back and the batteries, they're dead.
但她去找AA电池时,却找不到任何一节。
But she went to look for double a batteries, and she couldn't find any.
那她是怎么做的呢?
So what did she do?
她做了你我都会做的事。
Well, she did what you and I do.
她没有去买新电池,而是把键盘里的电池取出来,装进了遥控器里。
Instead of buying new batteries, she took batteries out of her keyboard and put them into a remote control.
问题解决了。
Problem solved.
对吧?
Right?
因为现在遥控器能用了,但她的键盘却不能用了。
Because now the remote works, but her keyboard doesn't.
所以,卡梅伦在解释自己实际上随身带着家里仅有的两节可用的AA电池时,忍不住笑自己。
So now Cameron's laughing at herself as she's explaining that she basically walks around home with the only two double a working batteries in her pocket.
她把这些电池从遥控器移到无焰蜡烛,再移到浴室秤,又回到键盘上。
She moves them from the remote to her flameless candles, to her bathroom scale back to the keyboard.
她不停地把电池拿出来又放进去,我们都笑个不停,因为我们都干过这种事。
She's just popping them in and popping them out, and we're all laughing because we've all done this.
我打赌你也有类似的故事。
I bet you have a story like this.
我们都有。
We all do.
我们都有这样的经历:比如要去车管局、给信用卡公司打电话却要等两个小时,或者有个 overdue 的预约始终没安排上。
We all have stories about needing to go to the DMV or calling your credit card company and being on hold for two hours or having an overdue appointment that never gets scheduled.
或者你有一堆‘羞耻堆’,里面全是那些在你家角落里安家落户的亚马逊退货物品。
Or you've got this pile of shame where you've got Amazon returns that have taken up permanent residence in a corner of your house.
这些任务被称为生活管理。
These are these tasks that are called Life Admin.
当生活的行政事务失控时,这就是我们的感受——因为我们从不停下来解决问题。
This is what it feels like when the administrative aspects of Your and My Life gets out of control because we're not stopping to fix the problems.
我们只是把它们从一个地方挪到另一个地方。
We're just moving them around.
就像卡梅隆口袋里的电池一样。
Like the batteries in Cameron's pocket.
你把压力从一个房间移到另一个房间,从一天移到另一天,从一年移到另一年。
You're moving the stress from one room to another, from one day to another, from one year to another.
这些东西总是跟着你到处跑。
This stuff just follows you everywhere.
这简直就像你我背上背着一个无形的压力背包,因为我们从未去办那些琐事。
It's almost like you and I have an invisible backpack of stress because we never run the errand.
我们从不打电话,或者更糟的是,你试图在午餐时间打电话,却发现医生办公室在午餐时间关门了。
We never make the call, or worse, you try to make the call on your lunch break only to find that the doctor's office is closed during the lunch break.
你花在拖延上的时间和精力,比真正去做那些能让你前进的事情还要多。
You're spending more time and energy staying behind than doing the actual thing that gets you ahead.
那接下来会发生什么?
And then what happens?
周末来了,却根本感觉不到乐趣,因为你的半边大脑还在惦记着这一周没完成的那些事。
The weekend comes, and it doesn't even feel fun because half of your brain is still tracking all the things that you didn't get to do during the week.
所以今天我们要这么做。
So here's what we're gonna do today.
首先,我要告诉你,这很正常。
First of all, I'm gonna tell you this is normal.
我们都在为生活事务而挣扎。
We are all struggling with Life Admin.
我们被账单、电池盒、收据和需要打的电话埋得喘不过气。
We are buried alive under our bills and battery boxes and receipts and phone calls we need to make.
今天,我们要解决这个问题。
And today, we're gonna fix that.
今天,我要教你如何挑一个工作日,彻底处理这些事。
Today, I'm gonna show you how to take one weekday and finally deal with this.
你将重新掌控你的生活,因为今天在梅尔·罗宾斯播客中,你和我将一起完成完美的生活事务日。
You are going to get on top of your life again because today on the Mel Robbins podcast, you and I are doing the perfect Life Admin Day.
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎来到梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins podcast.
我早就想和你聊聊了。
I have been dying to talk to you.
非常高兴你在这里。
I am so excited that you're here.
能够花时间与你共度,始终是我的荣幸。
It's always an honor to be able to spend this time and to be together with you.
如果你是新听众,或者因为有人分享给你而来到这里,我想这集节目很可能会被很多人转发,我想花一点时间,亲自欢迎你加入梅尔·罗宾斯播客大家庭。
And if you're a new listener or you're here because somebody shared this with you, and I think this is gonna be one of these episodes that a lot of people get texted to them, I just wanna take a moment and personally welcome you to the Mel Robbins Podcast family.
你选择了一档绝佳的播客来收听或观看,因为今天,你和我将一起完成完美的生活事务日。
You have picked an incredible podcast to listen to or watch because today, you and I are gonna do the perfect Life Admin Day together.
我一直在思考这个问题。
I have thought about this.
我和我的团队已经深入分析过这个问题。
My team and I have unpacked this.
我们将帮助你处理那些悄然让你崩溃、让生活比本应更艰难的隐形事务。
We are gonna help you take all the invisible stuff that is quietly driving you crazy, that is making your life harder than it needs to be.
我说的是那些你还没打的电话、一再推迟的预约,还有那些总在你脑海里挥之不去、即使你试图放松也会消耗你精力的琐事。
I'm talking about the calls you haven't made, the appointments you keep putting off, the errands that live in the back of your mind and steal your energy even when you're trying to relax.
我们每个人都有那些堆积如山、让人抓狂却始终抽不出时间去处理的事情。
We all have the things that are piling up and driving us crazy that we can't get to.
因此,在143工作室,我们把这些称为生活管理事务。
And so here at one four three Studios, we call those kinds of things Life Admin.
接下来我们要怎么做呢?
And so here's what we're gonna do.
我会教你如何腾出一个工作日,让你终于能彻底处理这些琐事,因为你只需要专注一天,就能把所有事情搞定。
I'm gonna show you how to trade one weekday, and you're gonna finally deal with all this because you're gonna have this stuff handled just one focused day.
我称之为生活事务日。
I call it a Life Admin Day.
如果你坐在那里想,好吧。
And if you're sitting there going, okay.
那么,到底什么是生活事务日呢?
Well, what exactly is a Life Admin Day?
就是字面上的意思。
It's exactly as it sounds.
这是你专门安排出来的一天,属于你自己的时间,不是为了去度假,不是仅仅躺在沙发上放松,不是替别人跑腿,也不是打扫房子,而是有意识地 dedicating 一整天,彻底处理那些堆积在角落里、停在车后座等着送去某处、摆在台面上、或在你脑海中挥之不去的所有琐事。
It's one day that you schedule, that you take for yourself, not so you can go on vacation, not to just kinda relax on the couch, not to run errands for everybody else, not to clean the house, but one day that you are going to dedicate on purpose to getting absolutely everything that is piling up in the corners or riding around in the back of your car waiting to be dropped off somewhere or sitting on the countertops or nagging you in the back of your mind.
用一天时间,彻底解决所有这些事。
One day to attack it all.
以下是一些我所指的例子。
And here are some examples of what I'm talking about.
这些都是我团队里的人说的:天啊,这就是我会用生活事务日来做的事。
These are things that people on my team said, oh my gosh, this is what I would use the Life Admin Day.
那台还放在箱子里的站立式办公桌。
That standing desk that's still in the box.
我得把它组装起来。
I need to set it up.
那双你每天早上都想到、却还没拿去修的破靴子。
Broken boots that you think about every morning, but you haven't gotten them to the cobbler.
一个无线路由器。
A Wi Fi router.
你也有一个吗?
You got one of those?
它已经跟着你搬了两次家。
That has moved apartments with you twice.
亚马逊的退货物品,或者那些已经过了退货期限、一直放在角落等着退回却再也退不了的东西。
Amazon returns or returns that you can no longer return because they've been sitting in the corner waiting to be returned that they're past the date of return.
需要放照片的相框,还有没寄出的生日贺卡。
Picture frames that need pictures, birthday cards that haven't been sent.
对于我们这些在美国的人来说,那个真正的身份证,我们都没人有的那个证件,90%的人都没有这个东西,但你必须有它才能登机。
For those of us in The US, the real ID, that ID that none of us have, 90% of people don't even have this thing, and you need it to get on a plane.
今天就是为了这个目的。
That's what this day is for.
是为了预约。
It's for appointments.
是为了那些你没时间打的电话。
It's for the phone calls you don't have time to make.
我向你保证,如果你能在这一年里,特意抽出一整天,专心处理掉所有这些让你抓狂、占据你大脑空间、毁掉你周末的行政事务——因为没人会替你做这些,天啊。
And I promise you, if you can just commit one day of your life on purpose this entire year to plowing through all of these administrative tasks that drive you crazy and take up space in your mind and ruin your weekends because no one else is gonna do it, holy cow.
你会感觉整个人都焕然一新。
You are going to feel on top of the world.
你会重新找回你的周末,因为你再也不用在周末拼命挤时间处理这些事了。
You're gonna get your weekends back because you're not gonna have to spend your weekends trying to fit all this stuff in.
接下来一分钟,我会教你一个非常具体的五步框架,你将在自己安排的这一天里,严格按照这个框架来执行。
And in just a minute, I am gonna teach you a very specific five part framework that you will follow on this one intentional day that you're about to schedule for yourself.
仅用一天就能获得的一些好处。
Here are some of the payoffs from just one day.
你将安排六到十二个逾期的预约或任务,我会教你一个简单的技巧,让你一整年都不必再为这些事操心。
You will schedule between six and twelve overdue appointment or tasks, and I'm going to teach you a simple trick so that you don't have to think about them again for the rest of the year.
我说的是你的理发预约、美甲、牙医、医生、兽医,所有这些明年的预约。
I'm talking about your hair appointments, your nails, your dentist, your doctor, the veterinarian, all those appointments for the next year.
你将完成十到二十项待办事项。
You will check off between 10 to 20 open items.
我说的是退货、维修、需要寄出的东西、需要修理的物品。
I'm talking returns, repairs, things that need to get mailed, stuff that needs to get fixed.
你将彻底消除两到五件每天让你烦心的事。
You will eliminate, like, bye bye, between two and five things that just annoy you every day.
比如灯泡坏了、电池没电了、需要再配一副钥匙这些事。
You know the missing light bulb, the batteries, the second set of keys that need to be made.
你知道我说的是什么。
You know what I'm talking about.
你每天只花一点时间想想它。
You think about it once a day.
你会处理三到五件你已经拖延了好几个月的事情,比如车管所的预约、支付账单、打电话给医生办公室、联系你的健康保险,而通过简单地抽出这一天,遵循我即将教你的五步框架,你将腾出未来的周末和晚上时间,最重要的是,你会重新感受到自己有能力掌控生活。
You're gonna handle three to five things that you've avoided for months, whether that's a DMV appointment, it's paying for a bill, it's calling the doctor's office, it's talking to your health insurance, and you're gonna free up future weekends and evenings, and most importantly, by simply taking this one intentional day and following the five step framework that I'm about to teach you, you're gonna feel capable.
你会重新感觉生活回到了正轨。
You're gonna feel back on top of your life again.
你会找回大量的思维空间和内心的平静。
You're gonna get so much brain space and peace back.
那么,我们来具体看看吧。
So let's get into the specifics.
好的。
Okay.
生活事务日流程的第一步是选一天,如果可能的话,我建议你把周一专门用来处理生活事务。
The first step of the Life Admin Day process is just pick a day, and the day that I recommend that you dedicate to doing Life Admin, if you can, is Monday.
所以,我希望你打开日历。
So I do want you to open up the calendar.
如果你正在开车,现在别这么做,但可以提前想想。
If you're driving, don't do that right now, but maybe think ahead.
你可以等打开日历时再回来听这个。
You can come back and listen to this when you have your calendar open.
打开日历。
Open up a calendar.
看看接下来的几周。
Look at the next couple weeks.
选一天。
Pick a day.
有意识地选一天,把它定为你的生活事务日。
Pick a day on purpose that you're gonna designate as your Life Admin Day.
我的意思是,情人节有专门的一天。
I mean, Valentine's has a day.
圣帕特里克节也有专门的一天。
Saint Patrick's has a day.
土拨鼠也有自己的日子。
Groundhog has a day.
你可以拥有一个生活管理日,所以我希望你选一个。
You get to have a Life Admin Day, and so I want you to pick it.
我知道你可能在想:等等,梅尔。
And so I know you may be thinking, well, hold on, Mel.
你说我得专门腾出一天时间?
You're saying I gotta take a day?
是的。
Yes.
你必须腾出一天时间。
You have to take a day.
你可能心里想:我没时间专门腾出一天。
And you may be thinking to yourself, well, I don't have time to take a day.
所以,让我直接回应这个想法——你认为自己没时间腾出一天来处理那些堆积如山、让你感到生活落后、压力重重的事情。
And so let me just address this notion that you don't have time to take a day to address things that are piling up and making you feel like you're behind in life and stressed out.
我的意思是,你可能现在经济上很困难,同时打几份工,你会说:我没钱腾出一天来。
I mean, you might be struggling financially right now, and you're working a bunch of different jobs, and you say, well, I can't afford to take a day.
或者你一直在照顾他人,或正在哀悼,或正经历挫折或诊断,因此你已经感到精疲力尽,生活事务管理对你来说就像另一座根本没力气攀登的高山。
Or you're constantly spending your time caregiving, or you're mourning, or you're going through a setback or a diagnosis, and so you already feel beaten down, and Life Admin just feels like another mountain that you don't even have the energy to climb.
所以,如果这就是你,我想直接对你说话。
And so let me speak directly to you, if this is you.
逃避所有这些事情,只因为它们看起来艰难又令人窒息,只会让情况变得更糟。
Avoiding all of this because it feels hard and overwhelming just makes it worse.
真的会更糟。
It really does.
你能应对的,因为你只需要说:我要在日历上预留出一天时间。
You can handle this because simply saying, I'm gonna block off my calendar.
我要消除干扰,然后专心投入。
I'm gonna remove the distractions, and I'm gonna dig in.
我要打开这些账单,即使我害怕面对。
I'm gonna open up these bills even though I'm scared to.
我会打电话,即使面对它让我感到害怕。
I'm gonna make the phone calls even though I'm confronted by it.
我会挤出时间去车管局,或者换新驾照,不管是什么事。
I'm gonna find the time to get to the DMV or to get my new license or whatever it may be.
仅仅这样做,就是在向你、你的大脑、你的生活传递一个信号:尽管很多事情在发生,但我依然掌控着一切。
Simply doing that signals to you, to your brain, to your life, hey, there's a lot going on, but I'm still in charge.
在我带你一步步走过你的生活事务日,让你高效完成事务并最终感觉良好之前,我得先讲一些基本规则,因为这些规则也揭示了我过去尝试用一天时间处理事务时所犯的错误。
Before I walk you through how you are going to move through your Life Admin Day to get the most stuff done and to feel the best by the end of it, I gotta cover some ground rules because the ground rules also expose the mistakes that I've made in the past when I've tried to take a day to get on top of stuff.
这些是必须遵守的基本规则。
These are ground rules that are mandatory.
明白吗?
Okay?
所以第一条规则:你指定的生活事务日不是整理清扫日。
So ground rule number one, your designated life admin day is not a decluttering day.
你不允许整理衣橱、翻找杂物或进行大扫除。
You are not allowed to organize closets or sort through doors or do a spring cleaning.
整理杂物会分散你的注意力,因为整理看起来非常有成效——你搬动东西,让抽屉变得整齐漂亮,但这其实是个陷阱。
Decluttering distracts you because decluttering is this thing that feels really productive as you're moving stuff around and you're making the drawer really pretty, but it's a trap.
即使抽屉变得漂亮了,你依然没有电池。
Because even if the drawer is pretty, you still don't have any batteries.
你依然有账单要付。
You still have bills to pay.
你依然没有预约理发或孩子的健康检查。
You still don't have an appointment for your hair or your kid's wellness appointment.
你依然有电缆盒子要归还。
You still have cable boxes to return.
你依然有一袋衣服需要送去捐赠,这袋衣服已经在车后座放了五个月。
You still have a bag of clothing that needs to be dropped off that's been in the back of your car for five months.
所以整理杂物在消耗你的精力,而这些精力本应用于完成你一直拖延的日常事务。
And so it's stealing your energy, and this is energy that you need in order to finish all the Life Admin stuff you've been putting off.
因此,第一条规则:不要整理杂物。
So rule number one, no decluttering.
别想这件事。
Don't even think about it.
第二条基本原则:尽量让你的家或公寓变得安静和空旷。
Ground rule number two, try to get your house or apartment as quiet and as empty as you can.
如果你能独处,那真是种奢侈。
If it's possible for you to be alone, I mean, what a luxury.
我明白。
I get it.
但如果你能独处,没有别人,没有宠物,没有任何人此刻需要你的时间,只要你能保持专注且不受打扰,这一天就能高效完成生活事务。
But if you can be alone, no people, no pets, no nobody that needs your time right now, the day works for Life Admin if you can stay focused and uninterrupted.
我只是希望你腾出空间,来完成这五个步骤。
I just want you to make space to be able to do the five steps.
第三条基本原则:这是你的生活事务日。
Ground rule number three, this is your Life Admin Day.
所以,你的生活事务日是为你自己而设的。
And so your Life Admin Day is about you.
我将引导你完成这五个步骤的方式,你需要先关注自己。
And the way that I'm gonna walk you through these five steps, you need to think about yourself first.
然后你才会去考虑其他人,因为你总是先处理别人的事务,所以还没轮到自己就已经耗尽了精力。
Then you're gonna think about other people because you already try to handle everybody else's administrative stuff first, and that's why you run out of energy before you can get to your own.
我接下来要引导你完成的这五个步骤之所以能奏效,是因为我们将聚焦于你,以及最后一条准则。
The reason why the Life Admin Day in these five steps that I'm gonna walk you through is gonna work because we're going to focus on you and the final ground rule.
在安排生活管理日、如何安排生活管理日、以及在生活管理日中处理哪些事务时,绝对没有任何羞耻感或道德评判。
There's absolutely no shame, no moral judgment when it comes to when you take the Life Admin Day, how you take the Life Admin Day, what you're going to be digging into during your Life Admin Day.
生活管理日是为你而设的。
A Life Admin Day is for you.
因此,即使感觉压力很大,你依然抽出时间,这本身就是在对自己说:我有能力应对。
And so by making the time, even though it may feel overwhelming, you are saying to yourself, I feel capable.
我有能力处理这些事。
I am capable of handling this.
只要你安排好这一天,就会感觉好很多。
And you will feel better simply by scheduling the day.
好的。
Alright.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
你准备好现在一步步了解如何真正执行生活管理日了吗?毕竟你已经把日子安排好了。
You ready to walk through how exactly we do the Life Admin Day now that you've got your day scheduled?
首先,在完美的生活管理日的前一天或前一晚,你要进行一次头脑风暴式清空。
First of all, you're gonna do a brain dump the day or the night before the perfect Life Admin Day.
说起来很简单。
It's as simple as it sounds.
你要把所有萦绕在你脑海中的事情都写在纸上:所有未完成的事、让你烦心的事、堆在家里各处的杂物、你一直打算去办的琐事、以及你一直打算归还的东西。
You're gonna take everything that is on your mind, and you're gonna dump it onto a piece of paper, Everything that's unfinished, everything that's bothering you, everything that is piled up somewhere in your house, every errand that you keep meaning to run, everything you keep meaning to return.
事实上,在我们准备这一集时,我和我们的高级制片人艾米一起笑了,我对她说:艾米,明天你来我们家录这期节目时,一进前门往右看,你会看到一个装满夏装的透明垃圾袋,这些衣服我已经十年没穿过了。
In fact, as we were preparing this episode, I was laughing with our senior producer, Amy, and I'm like, Amy, when you come over to tape this thing tomorrow, I want you to look to the right when you walk in our front door, and you are going to see a clear trash bag that is full of summer clothes that have not fit me in a decade.
它们就放在那里,而且说来惭愧,它们就堆在长外套挂的地方下面,因为我有点在躲着它们。
They are sitting there, and by the way, they are on the floor under where the long coats are hung because I'm kinda hiding them.
它在那里已经四个月了。
It's been there for four months.
你知道我昨天做了什么吗?
And you know what I did yesterday?
因为我一告诉她就感到尴尬,所以我实际上把它搬到了车库里。
Because I was embarrassed once I told her, I actually moved it to the garage.
这可不是生活管理。
Now that's not Life Admin.
这只是把我的问题挪来挪去,却没有真正解决任何事。
That is moving my problems around and not actually fixing anything.
每次我走过那个透明塑料袋时,你知道我会说什么吗?
Every time I walk past that clear bastic bag, you know what I say?
然后我还会看到那件紫色的。
And then I also see the purple.
我那里有一条连衣裙,是浅薰衣草色配深紫色条纹,它让我想起十年前更瘦的时候——更年期之前那个夏天,然后我就想,我花了多少钱买这件蠢衣服啊,结果只穿过三次,于是感到矛盾,接着继续走,结果‘捐赠夏装’又回到脑子里——但如果你做了头脑风暴,就不会这样了。
I've got this, like, sundress in there that's like a light lavender with a dark purple stripe, and it reminds me of the summer that I was really, really thin ten years ago before menopause, and then I'm like, and then I think about how much money I spent on that stupid thing, and then I feel like I only wore it three times, and then I feel conflicted, and then I keep walking, and then donate summer clothes goes back up into my mind, but not when you do a brain dump.
因为如果它写在纸上,它就能在你脑子里真正消散。
Because if it lives in the paper, it actually can die in your head.
还有一些非常有趣的研究解释了为什么这种方法有效。
And there's some really interesting research that explains why this works.
如果你在YouTube上观看,我现在正举起贝勒大学的研究资料。
If you're watching on YouTube, I am holding up the research from Baylor University.
这项研究太引人入胜了。
This is such a fascinating study.
让我告诉你它的内容,因为我非常喜欢这项研究。
Let me tell you about it because I love this study.
我们以前讨论过这个。
We've talked about it before.
这是研究负责人直接说的。
So this is right here from the director of the study.
他提到的这位是迈克尔·K。
He's talking about this is Michael K.
斯卡伦,拥有博士学位。
Scullen, who's got a PhD.
他是贝勒大学睡眠神经科学与认知实验室的主任。
He's the director of Baylor's sleep neuroscience and cognitive laboratory.
他说,我们生活在一个24/7的文化中,待办事项清单似乎不断增长,导致我们在睡前对未完成的任务感到焦虑。
And he says, we live in a twenty four seven culture in which our to do lists seem to be constantly growing and causing us to worry about unfinished tasks at bedtime.
大多数人只是在脑海中反复循环他们的待办事项,因此他们想在这项研究中探索:在睡觉前把所有未完成的事项写下来,是否会影响入睡能力。
And most people just cycle through their to do lists in their heads, so they wanted to explore in this study whether the act of writing down all the unfinished things that were on your to do list before you go to bed, if it had any impact on your ability to go to sleep.
以下是他们的发现。
Now here's what they found.
这非常有趣,它展示了把脑海中所有正在纠结的事情写下来的力量。
This is super fascinating, and it shows you the power of writing down everything in your mind that you're currently holding onto.
他们发现,写下待办事项清单可以释放脑海中那些盘旋不去的想法,从而减少焦虑。
They found that writing a to do list offloads all of those thoughts that are up in your mind, and it reduces worry.
这项研究还发现,当人们写下他们的待办事项时,入睡速度会更快。
And they found in this study that when people would write down their to do list, they would fall asleep faster.
他们将这一方法与一个写下所有已完成事项的对照组进行了对比。
And they tested this against a control group that was writing down all the things they did.
所以你写下你已经做完的所有事情, blah blah blah,所有你完成的事情,而另一组则进行了头脑风暴。
So you write down all the things you did do right, blah blah blah blah, all the things that you got done, and then the other group wrote down they did a brain dump.
我还在担心哪些事情?
What are all the things that I'm still worried about?
我还有哪些事情没做?
What are all the things that I have left to do?
是那些写下未完成待办事项的组更快入睡。
It was the group that wrote down their to do list that wasn't finished that fell asleep faster.
为什么?
Why?
因为把事情写在纸上,它们就留在纸上,从而消除了你心中的担忧,因为你已经把它记下来了。
Because putting it on paper allows it to live on the paper, and it erases the worry in your mind because you have it on the paper.
所以这就是我们在第一阶段要做的事情。
And so that's what we're gonna do in phase one.
你只需要把所有让你烦心的事情写下来,可以随意在家里走动。
You're just going to write down all of the things that are bothering you, and feel free to walk around your house.
在家里走一走,如果有车库就去看看,再看看你的车。
Walk around your house, look in the garage if you have one, look in your car.
有哪些让你烦心但还没做的事?
What are all the things that you need to do that are bothering you?
堆积的账单、没时间处理的退货事项,统统都写下来。
The bills that are stacked up, the returns that you don't have time for, just keep writing them down.
你可以在之前一整天里都做这件事,因为新的事情会不断冒出来。
You can do this throughout the day before because things are going to keep coming up.
让我给你们举些例子,看看我们团队目前在他们的脑力清空清单上,准备在生活事务日处理的事项。
Let me give you some examples of things that our team currently have on their brain dump to attack on their Life Admin Day.
准备好听了吗?
You ready for these?
好的。
Okay.
本订购了一台空气炸锅,但他太累了,没力气组装。
Ben has an air fryer that he's ordered, but he's too tired to put it together.
所以几个月来,他一直看着它,却不断叫外卖。
So for a couple months, he just keeps looking at it and ordering takeout.
杰西的汽车登记已经逾期两年了。
Jesse has a car registration that's two years late.
我想,这大概是她开车时的赌博方式吧,因为杰西,你可能会被开罚单,而且还是张昂贵的罚单。
I guess this is her version of gambling every time she drives because you could Jesse, you could get a ticket, an expensive one for crying out loud.
再来一个。
Here's another one.
特蕾西有一张两年前的LabCorp账单,她需要处理,但却不知道怎么登录LabCorp账户。
Tracy has a LabCorp bill from two years ago that she needs to do something with, but she can't figure out the LabCorp login.
当你真正停下来想想,这到底要花多少时间?
When Like, you really stop and think about it, what what is this gonna take?
十分钟?
Ten minutes?
我们已经带着这些东西好几个月甚至好几年了。
And we've been carrying this stuff around for months and years.
有一位医生需要你之前做的扫描报告副本,而你已经拖了一年没处理。
A doctor who needs a copy of a scan that you got, and you've been putting it off for a year.
你有一幅已经装框的画,需要挂在浴室里。
There's a picture that you need to hang in your bathroom that's framed.
干得不错。
Good job.
你确实把画装框了,但它还是搁在那里。
You got it framed, but it's still sitting.
实际上,我刚想到另一件事。
Actually, I just thought of another thing.
我买了一个超可爱的钥匙挂钩。
I bought the cutest little hook thing for keys.
是黄铜做的。
It's brass.
它和什么都搭。
It goes with everything.
它在玄关那儿。
It's in the entry.
你知道它在哪吗?
Do you know where it is?
它一直放在祖母的柜子上,离该安装的地方只有三英寸,螺丝都备好了,我的钥匙就搁在上面,估计都快三个月了,你们都看到它躺在那儿了,难道还指望有哪个魔法仙子来替我把它挂上去吗?
It has been sitting on top of my grandmother's cabinet three inches from where it needs to go with the screws, with my key my keys on top of it for probably, what, three months, you guys, you've seen it laying there As if some magical fairy's gonna come and put it up for me?
天哪。
Oh my god.
一个步行垫。
A walking pad.
我们团队的另一个人四个月前订购了一个步行垫。
Another person on our team ordered a walking pad four months ago.
猜猜它现在在哪?
Guess where it is?
在盒子里,在壁橱里。
In the box, in the closet.
哦,还有个人会把贺卡收起来,然后用三孔打孔器打孔,再套上圆环保存起来。
Oh, another person is takes holiday cards and then puts a three hole punch in them and then puts, I guess, a ring on them and then stores them.
这个主意挺可爱的,但现在已经让她困扰了,因为那是三个月前的事了。
That that's a cute idea, but now it's haunting her because that was three months ago.
对我来说,我们的狗霍米长胖了不少,我意识到自己可能喂得太多了。
For me, the dogs our dog, homie, has gotten quite large, and I realize I'm probably overfeeding him.
是我让它变得这么胖的,我需要做点研究,可能得带它去兽医那里,看看它多重,以及我到底该喂它多少。
And I'm the one that's making him quite tubby, and I need to do a little bit of research, probably take him to the vet, find out what he weighs and what I should actually be feeding him.
我的意思是,我已经考虑这件事六个月了。
I I mean, I've been thinking about this for six months.
再说一遍,大家之前定下的规则之一是什么?
Again, what was one of the ground rules, everybody?
生活事务。
Life admin.
不评判。
No judgment.
现在我要你们做的是。
And now here's what I want you to do.
接下来你们要选出最重要的五到十项优先事项。
Now you're gonna choose your top five to 10 priorities.
明白吗?
Okay?
我要你们拿一支荧光笔。
And I want you to take a highlighter.
这些就是你们明天早上醒来后,生活事务清单中最优先处理的事项。
These are the priorities that are gonna be top of the list for Life Admin when you wake up tomorrow morning.
那你们怎么选择这些呢?
Now how do you choose these?
你们要标出那些最让你困扰的事情。
You're gonna highlight the things that bother you the most.
这些都是你拖延了好几个月的事情。
They're the things that you've avoided for months.
这些事情因为你没做而让你浪费了金钱或时间。
They're things that cost you money or time by not doing it.
这些事情每天都会带来麻烦。
They're things that create daily friction.
例如,TSA预检通道或者办理REAL ID。
For example, TSA PreCheck or getting that REAL ID.
在美国有一种叫做REAL ID的东西,大概已经存在十年了。
There's something called a REAL ID that's been here in The United States for, I guess, for ten years.
他们一直提醒我们这件事即将来临。
They've been warning us it's coming.
我公司90%的人要么不知道它是什么,要么就没有办理,原因就是我们根本不知道它是什么。
90% of us in my company either don't know what it is or we don't have it, which means we don't have it because we don't know what it is.
我们仍然用护照出行。
We are still traveling with our passports.
我不知道我有没有那个东西。
I have no idea if I have that thing or not.
医生预约、汽车保养、坏掉的门把手、内衣,我要说了。
Doctor's appointments, car service, the broken doorknob, underwear, I'm gonna say it.
你多久没换过那些变形、污渍、脏得不行的内衣了?你心里明明知道该买新的了。
How long have you pulled on underwear that is stretched out, stained, disgusting, and you're like, I need to buy underwear?
他们就会说:天哪。
And they're like, oh god.
好吧。
Okay.
那我还是先说说内衣吧。
Well, I'll get to I'll get to the underwear instead.
我得读一下这个标题。
Gotta I gotta read this headline.
好吧。
Okay.
这种事可以写在你的头脑清空清单上。
That's the kind of thing that can be on your brain dump.
一切皆有可能。
Sky's the limit.
你会发现有很多事情都会出现在清单上。
You're gonna find that there's lots of things that make the list.
你可以不断往里添加内容。
You can keep adding to it.
我希望你标出接下来明天要专注完成的前五到十件事。
I want you to highlight the top five to 10 things that you're gonna commit to tomorrow.
关键是这样一件事。
And here's the thing.
仅仅完成头脑清空就能让你内心发生转变,因为你把原本在脑子里反复琢磨的负担,转移到了纸面上。
Just making the brain dump is going to shift something inside of you because you're shifting the mental load from managing it upstairs to putting it on a piece of paper.
所以,当你完成头脑清空并标出要做的事之后,如果感到一丝兴奋,别感到惊讶。
And so don't be surprised if after doing the brain dump and highlighting what you're gonna do, you feel a little excited.
你感到有点动力了。
You feel a little motivated.
如果你有这种感觉,今晚就可以拿下几件小事。
And if you feel that way, you can grab a few wins tonight.
洗个衣服或者开始整理一下自己,根本没什么问题。
There's no problem doing some laundry or starting to kinda get yourself organized.
比如,当你开始觉得,哇,把这一切写下来感觉真好。
Like, if you start to feel like, wow, feels really good to get this down on paper.
哇,我为自己感到骄傲,因为我决定明天一口气搞定所有让我抓狂的事情。
Wow, I'm really proud of myself that I'm taking tomorrow to just plow through all of these things that drive me absolutely bananas.
我越来越兴奋,因为我正在掌控自己的生活,而不是让生活不断打倒我。
I'm I'm getting excited that I'm getting on top of my life instead of life constantly knocking me down.
现在你已经为迎接完美的生活管理日做好了准备。
And now you have set yourself up to hit the ground running to have the perfect Life Admin Day.
我太兴奋了,要向你解释这个方法。
I'm so excited to explain this to you.
你还知道我还有什么兴奋的事吗?
You know what else I'm excited about?
我们的赞助商。
Our sponsors.
所以,请花点时间听一下我们的赞助商说几句话。
So take a minute and listen to a few words from our sponsors.
我也希望你花点时间,把这一集发短信或邮件给那些你总觉得总在替他们做生活管理的人。
And I also want you to take a minute and either text this episode or email this episode to the people in your life who you feel like you're always doing their Life Admin.
比如你的成年子女、姐妹、父母,我知道你爱他们,但你替他们做了太多本该他们自己做的事。
You know, your adult kids, your sister, your parents, I know you love them, but you're doing an awful lot that they could be doing for themselves.
花点时间把这一集发给他们,因为他们需要掌握完美生活管理日的秘诀。
Take a minute and send this episode to them because they need the formula for the perfect Life Admin Day.
如果我能让他们开始做自己的生活管理,我就为你腾出了时间去做你自己的事。
If I can get them doing their Life Admin, I'm freeing up time for you to do yours.
好了。
Alright.
别走开,因为我们回来后马上进入完美生活管理日的五个时间块。
And don't go anywhere because we're jumping right into the five time blocks of the perfect Life Admin Day when we return.
所以请继续关注我。
So stay with me.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your friend Mel Robbins.
今天,我和你聊聊日程安排和完美生活管理日的改变人生的力量。
Today, you and I are talking about the life changing power of scheduling and doing the perfect Life Admin Day.
我们已经讨论过为什么这很重要。
We've already talked about why this matters.
我们谈到了前一天晚上如何为第二天做准备。
We've talked about setting yourself up the night before.
你已经完成了头脑风暴。
You've done your brain dump.
你已经标出了那些真正困扰你、并希望优先处理的事情。
You've highlighted the things that are really bothering you that you kind of want to prioritize.
现在你已经准备好进入你的完美生活管理日了。
Now you are ready to jump into your perfect Life Admin Day.
我们已经深入思考并研究了如何构建这一天。
Now, we have thought and researched extensively about how to structure this.
我们研究了与生产力相关的研究,以及所谓的认知负荷——那种心理上的沉重感。
We've looked at research related to productivity, to what's called cognitive load, which is the kind of mental heaviness that you get.
我们研究了决策疲劳。
We've looked at decision making fatigue.
我们研究了一天中做事情的最佳时间。
We've looked at research on the best time of day to do things.
接下来我要带你了解完美生活管理日的结构,我们将把生活管理日分为五个特定的时间段。
And what I'm about to walk you through is the structure of the perfect Life Admin Day, and we're going to do our Life Admin Day in five specific time blocks.
你生活管理日的第一个时间段被称为通话时段,从早上9点持续到上午11点。
And the first time block of your Life Admin Day is what we call the call block, and it goes from 09:00 in the morning till 11:00 in the morning.
你将花两个小时打电话并安排预约,为未来的你铺平成功之路。
You're gonna spend two hours making phone calls and scheduling appointments to set the future you up for success.
我想让你选一个最能让你高效工作的地点,而对我来说,我不能在书桌前做这件事。
I want you to sit yourself where you're gonna be the most productive, and for me, for me, I cannot do this at my desk.
我不能在书桌前做这件事的原因是,我在厨房餐桌旁效率更高。
The reason why I can't do this at my desk is because I'm more productive at the kitchen table.
我不会那么分心。
I'm less distracted.
我的电脑也不在那儿。
My computer isn't there.
不知为什么,我就是会不停地推进、推进、推进、推进、推进各种事情。
And I, for whatever reason, just tend to move, move, move, move, move through things.
所以,无论你在哪里能最高效地专心完成电话事务,那就是我希望你待的地方。
And so wherever you're going to be the most productive to be able to just put your head down and move through the call block, that's where I want you to be.
我们会给你两个小时来打电话,接下来我想让你这样思考这件事。
We're gonna give you two hours to make phone calls, and here's how I want you to think about this.
就我个人而言,我不喜欢使用电脑日历。
Now for me personally, I don't like working with a computer calendar.
当我进行生活事务日处理时,我不喜欢用电脑日历,是因为我很容易分心,会立刻跳去使用Slack、发短信,或者突然开始查看邮件。
And the reason why I don't like working with a computer calendar when I'm going through a Life Admin Day is it's way too easy for me, I'm highly distractible, to jump into Slack, to jump into texts, to all of a sudden be looking at emails.
这并不是你在做的事情。
That's not what you're doing.
你最有效率的方式,是在早上九点到来时,把所有需要的东西都准备好。
The way that you're gonna be the most effective is if you've got everything that you need when 09:00 strikes in the morning.
你可以把接下来几个月的日程打印出来。
You can print out your calendar for the next couple months.
这样你就不用打开笔记本电脑查看了。
That way you don't have to open up your laptop and look.
因为只要你一打开笔记本电脑,就会收到短信,去看社交媒体,开始回复邮件。
Because you open up your laptop, you're gonna get a text, you're gonna look at social media, you're gonna start responding to emails.
这简直就是陷阱。
That is a death trap.
所以把你的日历打印出来,这样你就能大致知道哪些日子可以预约,同时把你的头脑风暴笔记放在旁边,然后开始打电话。
So print out your calendar so you kinda have a sense of what days you can book appointments for, have your brain dump next to you, and then start making your calls.
我们先从与你个人相关的预约开始。
And we're gonna start with the appointments that are related to you personally.
这里说的‘个人’,指的是你身体、心理和情绪上的自我维护。
And by personally, I mean your physical, mental, emotional maintenance of you.
这里有个小贴士。
And here's the pro tip.
我们从头部开始,然后逐步往下。
We're gonna start at your head, and then we're gonna move down.
那么你头顶上有什么事要处理呢?
So what's on top of your head?
如果你有头发,那就先安排理发。
Well, if you have hair, haircuts.
接下来我们来看眼睛。
We're gonna move to your eyes.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我知道这听起来很傻,但我们得为你把所有事情都安排好。
I know it sounds so dumb, but we gotta get everything for you.
对吧?
Right?
你需要去做个眼科检查吗?
Do you need to get an eye exam?
你需要修理一下你的眼镜吗?
Do you need to get your glasses fixed?
你的鼻子、心脏、肠胃、腿、膝盖。
Your nose, your heart, your gut, your legs, your knees.
哦,我忘了你的牙齿。
Oh, I forgot your teeth.
你的牙医。
Your dentist.
我希望你认真地从上到下思考一下自己,这里还有一个绝妙的建议。
I want you to really think about yourself top to bottom, and here's another incredible tip.
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
当你打电话预约理发、眼科检查、牙科、或者手部美甲时,
When you call to make your hair appointment or you call to make your eye exam or you call the dentist, you call for your manicure, nails at the end of your hands.
把全年的预约都安排好。
Make the appointments for all year.
不要只安排下次要去的时候。
Don't just make it for the next time you're going.
确保你也把下一次的预约安排上。
Make sure you make the next one too.
设置成循环预约。
Put it on repeat.
如果是每月一次的保养,就把全年的都提前约好。
If it's a monthly maintenance, go ahead and schedule it all year.
如果是每年一次的检查,就把今年和明年的都安排上。
If it's an annual appointment, do this year and next year.
这就是我总是感到沮丧的原因,因为如果我没做生活事务管理日,临时打电话预约,所有该死的档期都被你们这些有条理的人占满了。
This is why I'm always frustrated because if I haven't done a Life Admin Day and I'm calling at the last minute, all the freaking appointments are taken by people like you who are organized.
所以我想让你用这个技巧。
And so I want you to use that tip.
你不是只预约一次。
You're not just making one appointment.
嘿。
Hey.
好吧,我总算联系上你了。
Well, I got you on the phone.
我们直接把今年剩下的时间都排满吧。
Let's just schedule it out for the rest of the year.
我每六周剪一次头发。
So I get my haircut every six weeks.
我们就往后排六周。
Let's go out six weeks.
那是哪一周?
What week is that?
好的。
Okay.
让我查一下我的日历。
Let me flip to my calendar.
我们先从你的身体健康开始,然后处理你的其他事务。
We're gonna start with you physically, then we're gonna move to your stuff.
我们要谈谈保险。
We're gonna talk about insurance.
你需要预约汽车保养吗?
Do you need to book your car to be serviced?
你需要打电话给药房或医生办公室续药吗?
Do you need to call the pharmacy or your doctor's office to refill prescriptions?
你能批量订购日常必需品吗,比如卫生纸、洗衣液?
Can you order everyday essentials in bulk like toilet paper, detergent?
你能设置一个你真正会使用的订阅服务吗?
Can you set up a subscription that you actually use?
一旦你弄清楚了如何维护和照顾好自己,你就可以开始处理其他事情和他人了,比如宠物医生的预约、让你头疼的孩子的安排、你母亲的预约。
Once you figure out the kind of maintenance and upkeep of you, now you're allowed to move on to other things and other people, like the vet, like appointments for your kids that are driving you crazy, appointments for your mother.
然后我们再处理那些你一直回避的电话、需要重新安排的预约,任何你总说‘我晚点再做’的事情。
Then we're gonna move on to any place that you've been avoiding calling, any appointment you need to reschedule, anything that you've been saying, I'll do it later.
不行。
No.
从九点到十一点,你现在就去做。
From nine to eleven, you're gonna do it now.
如果你很难静下心来专心做事,那我建议你这么做。
And if you're somebody who has trouble sitting and just focusing, here's what I want you to do.
这听起来可能很荒谬,但我是在Instagram上看到的,这意味着它有效。
This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I saw it on Instagram, which means it works.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
你会找一条皮带、绳子或腰带,把自己绑在椅子上。
You're gonna get a leash or a rope or a belt, and you are going to tie yourself to your chair.
我知道这听起来很荒谬,但如果你把自己绑在椅子上,每次你想站起来时都会被拦住,因为你肯定会想站起来,因为这太无聊了。
I know it sounds ridiculous, but if you leash yourself to the chair, you will catch yourself every time you go to get up because you're gonna wanna get up because this is very boring.
但回报是巨大的——你知道这件事已经完成了,你一次性安排好了未来一年的所有预约。
But the payoff is so incredible to know that this is done, that you have bulked these bookings so you've taken care of it for a year.
你已经安排好了未来一年的宠物美容。
You got your dog grooming for a year.
你已经安排好了今年和明年的牙医预约。
You got your dentist appointment this year and next year.
你在运动季开始前就安排好了孩子的健康检查,确保他们完成体检。
You got your well visits for your kids way before sports season, so you get your physicals.
你已经把一切都掌控住了。
You are on top of this.
你知道到11点时你会感觉有多棒吗?
You know how fantastic you're gonna feel by 11:00?
天哪。
Holy cow.
那么,为什么这样做有效?为什么我们要在早上第一时间打电话?
Now why does this work, and why are we doing calls first thing in the morning?
因为决策疲劳——也就是你因需要做出的决定而感到精疲力尽——在早上是最轻的。
Because decision fatigue, which is you're just exhausted by the decisions that you need to make, it's the lowest in the morning.
这些电话能带来最大的心理解脱,因为你能迅速把它们搞定。
And these calls create the biggest mental relief because you can bang them out.
如果我们把它们推迟到一天中晚些时候,很多地方午餐时间都关门了。
And if we push them later to the day, a lot of these places are closed during lunch.
到了一天中后期,很多人会遇到漫长的等待时间。
A lot of people start having hold times later in the day.
所以,你一早就处理这些事,能建立起动力。
And so you doing it first thing in the morning creates momentum.
你是在早上利用大脑最强的战斗力,避免这种拖延。
You are leveraging your brain's, like, firepower first thing in the morning and avoiding this.
这些电话中的很多,你可能已经回避或忘记六个月了,这造成了拖延。
A lot of these calls you've probably been avoiding or forgetting to do for six months, and that's created wait.
只要你一拿起电话拨出去并安排好,就像砰的一声,事情就完成了。
The second you just pick up the phone and dial and you schedule it, it's like, boom, that's done.
把它从清单上划掉。
Cross it off the list.
砰的一声,你回避了六个月的事情,不到六分钟就搞定了。
Boom, something that you've been avoiding for six months takes under six minutes.
你不会解决任何问题。
You're not going to fix anything.
你不是在跑腿。
You're not running errands.
你只是在安排时间。
You're only scheduling.
你只是在打电话。
You're only calling.
你只是把事情一项一项地安排到未来的日程表中。
You're only putting things in the calendar for the future one task at a time.
完成后,打个大勾,这是个很棒的成就,然后继续下一步。
When it's done, big check mark, that's a great win, and you move on.
如果需要工具、汽车或任何情感投入,就不该放在九点到十一点这个时间段里。
If it requires tools, a car, any emotion, it does not belong in the nine to 11 block.
现在我知道你可能在想,好吧,梅尔,如果我打电话,经常得等很久。
And now I know you're probably thinking, okay, Mel, if I'm doing calls, oftentimes you end up on hold.
比如,给你手机运营商打电话,你会想,天啊,要等那么久;或者跟健康保险公司通话,他们转接你、帮你取消业务时你得等着;或者改机票时也得等着,你一直在等。
Like, if you have to call your cell phone carrier, you know, you're like, oh my god, you're on hold for so long, or you're on hold with the health insurance company while they forward you or cancel, or you're on hold to change tickets for the airline, and you're on hold.
那你该怎么办呢?
What are you gonna do?
你可以在坐着的时候,同时做一些其他事情。
Well, you can have some things that are here with you that you can be doing while you're still in the chair.
因为我不想让你离开椅子,因为如果我让你去洗衣服,你肯定会分心。
Because I don't want you to leave the chair because if I tell you to go do laundry, you're not gonna get distracted.
如果我让你在等待时把洗碗机里的东西拿出来,那你现在就会去拿洗碗机里的东西,接着去准备午餐,然后再做别的事情。
If I tell you to unload the dishwasher while you're on hold, you're now going to be unloading the dishwasher, and then you're gonna be making lunch, and then you're gonna be doing something else.
我需要你坐在椅子上把那些电话打完。
I need you in the chair to get these calls done.
但这里有一些在等待时你可以做的事情的建议。
But here are some suggestions for what you can do while you're sitting on hold.
第一,你可以继续把其他事情记在脑力清空清单上。
Number one, you can keep putting other things on the brain dump.
第二,你可以继续查看日历,标出那些有空档可以安排预约的日子。
Number two, you can continue to look forward through your calendar and highlight days that are open for appointments.
你还可以拿出孩子的学校日历,在等待时把它们整理到你的日历里,这样你就能清楚地知道孩子明年有哪些重要日程,方便你安排预约时参考。
The other thing that you can do, you can take your kid's school calendar and make sure that it is laid out into your calendar while you're on hold so you have key dates for what your kids have coming up in the next year in the calendar so that as you're making appointments, you have the key dates there.
如果你有手提包或背包,就把它放在你旁边。
If you have a purse or a backpack from work, have it right next to you.
如果你要等三十分钟,就把包拿出来,因为你一直想整理它、清理掉不需要的东西,现在就是好时机。
If you've got a thirty minute hold, pull that sucker out because you've been trying you've been dying to, like, clean it out and get it organized and throw things out.
另一个小贴士:你可以把洗衣篮放在身边。
Another pro tip, you can have your laundry basket next to you.
你可以一边等待一边叠衣服,配对袜子。
You can be folding laundry while you're doing it, matching socks.
任何你能在座位上等待通话时做的事情,都很棒。
Anything that you can do in the chair while you're waiting on hold, awesome.
你知道吗?当你抬头一看,已经是上午11点,你已经打了20通电话,预约了所有这些会面,照顾好了自己,一切尽在掌握,那种感觉有多棒?
You know how incredible it's gonna feel to look up and it's 11AM and you've made 20 phone calls and you've booked all these appointments and you've taken care of yourself and you're on top of it?
我的意思是,光是这种感觉,就值回这一天了。
I mean, that alone would be worth the day.
现在,当你做完这一切,把事情都安排进日历,把全年计划都理清楚了,天啊,给自己鼓个掌吧。
Now, once you've done all that, once you've got it in the calendar, once you've got the year mapped out, oh my god, give yourself a round of applause.
这感觉是不是很好?
Doesn't that feel good?
当然感觉很好。
Of course it feels good.
当然。
Of course.
我为你感到非常兴奋。
I'm so excited for you.
感觉太好了,而我们才刚刚开始。
It feels so good, and we're just getting started.
我们还有四个任务要完成,接下来要做的这个特别棒,因为我打算带你走出家门。
We've got four more blocks to do, and the one that we're gonna do next is awesome because I'm gonna get you out of the house.
但别走开。
But don't go anywhere.
我想花点时间,让我们听听我们杰出赞助商的致辞。
I wanna take a moment so we can hear a word from our amazing sponsors.
我也希望你花点时间分享这个链接。
I also want you to take a moment and share this link.
把这个内容从你的动态中转发给所有你觉得被生活压得喘不过气的人,而这样的人无处不在。
Get this out of your feed and send it to everybody that you know that is feeling run over by life, and that's everybody.
这场对话,这种打造完美生活管理日的公式,真的是你可以送给别人的礼物,我非常感谢你花时间参与其中。
This conversation, this formula for the perfect Life Admin Day, it truly is a gift that you can give to somebody else, and I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.
别走开。
And don't go anywhere.
等我们回来时,我会告诉你你的完美生活管理日第二个时间段是什么内容。
I can't wait to explain what the second time block is on your Perfect Life Admin Day when we return.
继续跟我在一起。
Stay with me.
如果我告诉你,你可以在一口三盎司、能放进口袋的饮品中获得23克完全蛋白,你会怎么想?
What if I told you you could get 23 grams of complete protein in a three ounce shot that fits in your pocket?
味道非常好。
It tastes delicious.
它不含任何人工色素、人工甜味剂或香精,而且只有100卡路里。
It has no artificial dyes, no artificial sweeteners or flavors, and it's only a 100 calories.
这些卡路里的92%都来自蛋白质。
92% of those calories come from protein.
你可以随身携带,放在包里或口袋里。
You can have it on the go, in your purse, in your pocket.
这可不是幻想。
Well, it's not a fantasy.
这是现实。
It's reality.
它叫做Pure Genius蛋白饮。
It's called Pure Genius Protein Shots.
我联合创立了Pure Genius蛋白饮,因为我正努力增加日常蛋白质摄入,听了这个播客里所有专家的建议后,这很难吗?
I co founded Pure Genius Protein because I'm trying to get more protein in my life and after listening to all of the experts on this podcast, has it been hard?
于是我与这些同样享誉全球的专家合作,共同创立了Pure Genius,并推出了我们的第一款产品——一款含23克蛋白质、仅100卡路里的蛋白饮。
So I worked with some of those same world renowned experts to co found Pure Genius and create our first product, a 23 gram, 100 calorie protein shot.
它解决了我生活中的许多问题,帮助我实现了个人营养目标。
It solved so many problems in my life and has helped me meet my personal nutritional goals.
我认为如果你试一试,一定会对它的美味、便捷和出色效果感到惊讶。
And I think if you try it, you're going to be shocked at how delicious, convenient, and amazing it is.
本周,使用代码 Mel 在 puregeniusprotein.com 订购首单可享 20% 折扣。
This week, save 20% on your first order at puregeniusprotein.com when you use code Mel.
此外,还提供 30 天无理由退款保证。
Plus there's a thirty day money back guarantee.
为你的健康干杯。
Here's to your health.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your friend Mel Robbins.
今天,我和你聊聊如何打造完美的生活管理日。
Today, you and I are talking about how to create the perfect Life Admin Day.
我们已经讨论过五个时间块中的第一个。
We've already talked about the first time block of the five time blocks.
那就是通话时间块。
It is the call block.
你从九点一直做到十一点。
You did that from nine till eleven.
干得不错。
Good job.
现在你可以从椅子上起来了,因为我们即将进入第二个时间段,这个时段是关于跑腿的。
Now you can get up out of your chair because we're gonna move on to time block number two, which is all about errands.
我非常喜欢这个时段,但我想谈谈在生活管理日你应该跑哪些腿,因为跑腿时段不是做你每周都会做的那些琐事。
And I love this block, but I wanna talk about what type of errands I want you to be running on Life Admin Day because errand block is not doing the errands that you do every week.
如果你每周都能去超市,那今天我们就不从上午十一点到下午一点去采购杂货。
If you can get to the grocery store every week, we're not gonna grocery shop from 11AM to 1PM today.
今天,我希望你用这两小时,去做那些你一直没法从清单上划掉的事情。
Today, I want you to take the two hours, and I want you to do all those things that you can't seem to get off your list.
我会给你举一些这样的例子。
And I'm gonna give you a bunch of examples of this.
明白吗?
Okay?
我们要做的事情包括把放在车后座长达五个月的衣服送过去。
We're gonna be doing things like dropping off the clothes that have been in the back of your car for the last five months.
这指的是现身并完成在美国的TSA预检面试。
This is showing up and getting that interview done for the TSA PreCheck here in The United States.
事实上,夏洛特在她的团队里告诉我们一个故事,她曾八次重新安排这个预约,因为她总告诉自己没时间做这件事。
In fact, Charlotte on her team was telling us a story that she rescheduled this exact appointment eight times because she kept telling herself she did not have time to do it.
但最后,她只是腾出了五分钟完成了预约。
And then finally, she just made the five minute appointment work.
只需要这么点时间。
That's all it took.
完成后,她兴奋不已。
When she was done, she was euphoric.
她问自己:我为什么要八次重新安排这个预约?
She's like, why did I reschedule this eight times?
你知道为此纠结和重新预约花了多少时间吗?
Do you know how much time it took to think about it, to reschedule?
不。
No.
今天我们要处理的就是这种琐事。
This is the kind of errand we're running today.
你得去换机油了,因为已经超期六个月了。
You're gonna get the oil change because it's been overdue for six months.
你得去车管所,更新你的驾照或办理车辆年检。
You're gonna go to the DMV, and you're gonna get your driver's license renewed or your car registration done.
你得去银行,关闭那个你一直想关的账户,里面只剩13美元了,是时候处理了。
You're gonna show up at the bank and close that account that you've been meaning to close because it only has $13 in it, and it's just time to do it.
你得完成选民登记,打流感疫苗。
You're gonna get your voter registration done, your flu shot.
你得顺路去五金店,买下你需要的那个零件,或者能装在狗围栏项圈上的电池,网上总找不到合适的。
You're gonna stop by the hardware store and pick up that part that you need or that battery that fits in your dog fence collar and you can't seem to find the right one online.
你得找到那个你修东西需要的螺丝尺寸,网上买不到,因为你也不确定它到底是什么,所以得带着螺丝去店里比对。
You're gonna find that one screw size that you need in order to fix something and you can't get it online because you're not quite sure what it is, so you need to bring the screw.
它在你车里的杯架里放了四个月了。
It's been in your car for four months in the cup holder.
每次你放下保温杯,看到它晃动,你就会想起它。
You remember it every time you put your thermos down and it wobbles.
还有那件我得做的事。
There's that thing I need to do.
我们今天就做这件事。
We're doing that today.
你会把那两台自从你孩子上中学以来就积满灰尘的笔记本电脑送到当地一家非营利组织。
You're gonna drop off the two laptops that have been collecting dust since your kids were in middle school at that local nonprofit.
你会去临终关怀区域中心,报名参加培训并获取更多信息。
You're gonna stop at the hospice regional center, and you're gonna sign up for the training and get more information.
你会把从当地图书馆借的所有书归还。
You're gonna drop off all the books that you checked out from the local library.
你会报名并参观那家你一直想加入但拖了六个月的健身房。
You're gonna sign up and take a tour at the gym that you've been meaning to join for six months.
而且在你去那儿的时候,你要安排一次免费的培训,由那里的一名工作人员带你参观,向你讲解所有设备的使用方法,就这个周末。
And while you're there, you're gonna set up a free training with someone who works there so you can get a tour and be walked through and understand all the equipment this weekend.
你还要把两个月前搬家时留下的WiFi路由器真正寄出去。
You're gonna actually mail the WiFi router from your move two months ago.
这里有个关于你今天办事清单的小贴士。
And here's a pro tip for your errand block.
我强烈建议,无论你今天在这两小时的办事时间里选择完成哪些任务,都把它们写在便利贴上。
I highly recommend that whatever errands you are choosing to run today in this two hour block, you write it on a Post it note.
为什么?
Why?
因为我了解你。
Because I know you.
当你一坐进车里,你就不会想去做换机油这种事,反而会想顺路去你最爱的那家店,逛逛货架。
And the second you get in your car, you're not gonna feel like getting your oil changed, you're gonna feel like going to your favorite store that's on the same road and wandering the aisles.
我想让你对自己诚实一点,如果你把便利贴贴在车里的仪表盘上,或者随身带着手机,无论你是坐地铁还是在城里散步,你都有了明确的指令,只要我在附近,你就不能擅自绕道。
I want you to keep yourself honest, and if you put a Post it note on your dashboard in your car, or you keep it on your phone as you're, you know, riding the subway or walking around the city, you now have your marching orders, and you are not allowed to take a detour while I'm in the neighborhood.
这会让你保持专注,因为你只有两个小时,却有很多事情要完成。
And this will keep you focused because you only got two hours and you got a lot of stuff to get done.
这个任务块一结束,也就是 Erin 块结束,时间就到一点了,该吃午饭了,你会感觉棒极了。
As soon as this block is done, the Erin Block, it's gonna be 01:00, it's time for lunch, and you are gonna feel so amazing.
天啊。
Oh my God.
因为至少有三到五件一直困扰你的事现在已经完成了。
Because at least three to five things that have been haunting you are now done.
如果你就在这里停下,到第二个任务块为止,今天就已经值了。
And if you stopped right here at Block Number 2, this day would have already been worth it.
我的天。
Holy cow.
因为第一个任务块是打电话。
Because block 1 was calls.
搞定。
Boom.
我们已经搞定这个了。
We got that done.
我们已经帮你把生活安排好了。
We got your life scheduled out.
现在是第二块,搞定。
Now block two, boom.
我们把你平时挤不进周计划的琐事都处理完了。
We got all those errands done that you don't normally fit into your week.
现在我们进入正题了,接下来是第三段时间块,我们称之为‘赚钱块’。
Now we are cooking, and that brings me to the time block number three, and we call this the money block.
别紧张,我知道面对金钱可能会让人有点不安。
Now don't get all freaked out because I know facing money can be a little confronting.
我记得我和丈夫经济困难的时候,最不想做的就是做金钱规划。
I remember when my husband and I were struggling, the last thing I wanted to do was do a money block.
但你会爱上这个赚钱块,还记得我们的基本原则吗?
But here's what you're going to love about the money block, because remember our ground rules?
这里没有评判。
There's no judgment.
没有任何道德含义。
There's no moral implications.
我们只是要用这个时间块来减轻你的压力,帮助你掌控一件可能在潜意识中让你非常困扰的事情。
We are just going to use this time block in a way that reduces stress for you and that helps you get on top of something that's probably really bothering you subconsciously.
明白吗?
Okay?
我们要做的就是,我喜欢这一点,因为金钱时间块根本不是关于其他任何事,而是在短短两小时内建立关于金钱的界限和掌控力。
And all we're gonna do, I love this because the money block isn't about anything other than creating boundaries and power around money in just two hours.
接下来我们要这么做。
And here's what we're gonna do.
我们会遵循曾做客梅尔·罗宾斯播客的全球知名理财专家的建议。
We're gonna follow the advice of the world renowned financial experts that have been on the Mel Robbins podcast.
我们会提供他们所有精彩节目的链接,这样如果你愿意,就可以观看,并深入关注具体的策略和建议。
We're gonna link to all of their incredible episodes so that you can watch them if you want to and really focus in on the specific tactics and and advice.
我提到的是像戴维·巴赫、摩根·豪塞尔和蒂芙尼·阿利奇这样的世界知名专家。
I'm talking about world renowned experts like David Bach, Morgan Housel, and Tiffany Aliche.
特别是蒂芙尼·阿利奇,她对希望你做的事情有非常明确的要求。
And Tiffany Aliche, in particular, is very specific about what she wants you to do.
但他们都说了相同的话。
But all of them say the same thing.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
这就是金钱障碍要解决的问题。
And this is what the money block is for.
除非你先清楚钱都花到哪里去了,否则你无法掌控自己的财务。
You can't get control of your money unless you first know where it's going.
而这就是金钱障碍要做的全部内容。
And that's all we're doing with the money block.
就这么简单。
That's it.
从一到三,我们要弄清楚你的钱都花到哪里去了。
From one to three, we're gonna figure out where's your money going.
然后你知道诺亚和我要做什么吗?
And then you know what Noah and I are gonna do?
我们要阻止那些本不该接触你资金的人,因为你根本没意识到有多少人在从你身上吸钱。
We are gonna block access that people have to your money that they shouldn't have access to because you don't realize how many people are sucking money from you.
那我们不如用资金封锁法来设立一些界限,看看钱到底流向了哪里?
So how about we use the money block to just put up some boundaries, to just see where our money is going?
这样你就可以说:我觉得不行。
So you can be like, I don't think so.
我觉得我能做得比这更好。
I think I can do better than this.
所以这就是你在资金封锁法中从一到三要做的第一件事。
And so here's the first thing you're gonna do in the money block from one to three.
你要打印出你的月度银行对账单。
You're gonna print out your monthly bank statement.
如果你能打印出两个月的银行对账单,还会额外加分。
You get bonus points if you print out two monthly bank statements.
你还需要打印出所有的信用卡账单。
And you are also going to print out all of your credit card statements.
我说的是那些消费卡。
I'm talking the charge cards.
我说的是商店的分期付款卡。
I'm talking store charge cards.
不管是什么卡,我都希望你把所有账单都打印出来,然后深呼吸。
Whatever they are, I want you to print all that out and take a deep breath.
没人会说你做错了。
Nobody's gonna make you wrong.
我让你这么做,是因为每一位理财专家都建议你和我这样做。
I'm telling you to do this because this is what every single financial expert recommends that you and I do.
如果你别的什么都不做,至少把你的月度银行对账单和信用卡账单打印出来。
If you do nothing else but print out your monthly bank statement and your credit card statements.
顺便说一下,这可能会花你两个小时,因为你可能不记得所有的登录信息。
And by the way, it might take you two hours because you may not know all your logins.
你可能都不记得自己有哪些信用卡了。
You may not know which credit cards you have.
只要花两个小时把这件事理清楚,你就已经赢了。
Just taking two hours to get on top of that, you win.
你太棒了。
You're amazing.
而这件事如此重要,我之所以让你打印出来,是因为这样你才能仔细看看你的银行账户里有哪些收入和支出。
And the reason why this is so important and why I want you to print it out, okay, is because then you're gonna take a look at what is going in my bank account and what is coming out.
我的信用卡上都有哪些消费记录?
What are the charges on my credit card?
接下来我要你做的是。
Here's what I want you to do.
我们要用荧光笔标出来,你的钱都花在了哪里,因为我觉得你会很惊讶——每个月都有那么多小额和大额支出悄悄从你的银行账户里流走。
We're gonna take that highlighter, right, and we're gonna highlight where your money's coming out because I think you're gonna be really surprised by how many little amounts of money and big amounts of money are seeping out of your bank account every single month.
你没意识到有人在从你这里扣取的费用和手续费。
Charges and fees you didn't realize somebody's sucking from you.
如果你看到一些收费,但不想再支付了,或者心想:‘这是什么鬼?’
If you see charges but you don't want to pay anymore or you're like, What the hell is this?
或者:‘我为什么要付这个钱?'
Or Why am I paying for that?
或者:‘这到底是干什么的?'
Or what is this for?
把这笔费用标出来。
Highlight that sucker.
明白吗?
Okay?
因为如果你在这个资金核查时段(从1到3)结束后还有剩余时间,取消那些定期扣款的项目可以获得额外加分。
Because if you have leftover time at the end of this money block, which is from one to three, you get extra points for canceling those things that are coming out on a reoccurring basis.
我敢保证,你的银行账户和信用卡上一定有一些你根本没意识到的扣款。
I guarantee you, there are things coming out of your bank account and being charged to your credit card that you don't even realize you're paying for.
你可能甚至有一张两年都没用过的信用卡。
You may even have a credit card that you have not used in two years.
事实上,上周末我去探望父亲时,无意中听到他打电话给一家大型信用卡公司。
In fact, I overheard my father on the phone when I was visiting him last weekend, and he was on the phone with a credit card company, a really big one.
他当时说:你好。
He was like, hi there.
是的。
Yes.
我打电话是因为我收到了两张新信用卡,卡号不同,但都收取了开卡费。我认为这是因为我和两位不同的客服人员沟通,他们各自为我开通了一个账户,从而都能获得业绩提成。我想取消利率较高的那张卡,并确保记录显示这是持卡人主动申请取消的,以免影响我的信用评分。
I'm calling because I received two new credit cards in the mail with different account numbers, both of which charged me a credit card fee for opening up the credit card, and I believe that that happened because I spoke to two different representatives who I would imagine each opened up a different account so they got credit for it, And I want to cancel the one with the higher interest rate, and I want to make sure the records show that it was canceled at the cardholder's request so this doesn't ding my credit.
我当时站在走廊里,心想:厉害啊,老爸。
And I was standing in the hallway like, damn, go dad.
然后我突然想到,我自己到底有多少张连自己都忘了的信用卡呢?
And then I thought to myself, do I how many do I have credit cards that I don't know of?
比如,我曾经有一张信用卡,我根本没意识到它已经自动续期了。
Like, is this like, I once had a credit card that I didn't realize had renewed.
我已经取消了,但不知怎么的,在取消信用卡的同时,续费却在48小时内自动生效了,因为这就是你接下来会发现的另一件事。
I had canceled it, and somehow in the cancellation of the credit card, the renewal came like within forty eight hours because this is the other thing you're gonna find.
当你把所有这些资料都打印出来时,尤其是信用卡相关的,你一定会说:等等。
When you print all this stuff out, especially credit cards, you're gonna be like, oh, wait a minute.
这个马上就要续费了,这意味着他们即将向我收取年费。
This is about to renew, which means they're about to hit me with the annual fee.
我根本就没用过这张卡。
I don't even use this thing.
我现在必须以我的名义取消它,或者至少得想想该怎么做,而不是任由这些事情牵着我走。
I need to cancel it at my request now, or I need to just, like, do I need to figure out what to do instead of just letting this stuff run me over.
我们143团队的每一个人,每一个人都说,我的银行账户或信用卡上有一个本该取消的流媒体服务。
Every single person on our team at 143, every single one of them, said there is a streaming service on my bank account or my credit card that I meant to cancel.
我打赌你也有这种情况。
I bet you have that too.
你知道,你为了看奥运会、追大型活动或看刚上映的电影而注册了某个服务,然后你就想:好吧。
You know, you sign up for something to watch the Olympics or to stream that big event or to watch that movie that just came out, and you're like, okay.
我只是会一次性注册这个流媒体服务,先用免费试用,然后取消。
Well, I'm just gonna sign up for the streaming service once, I'm gonna do the trial offer, and then I'm gonna cancel.
然后你就忘了取消,下一刻你就每个月都被扣49美元。
And then you forget to cancel, and then next thing you know, you're getting billed $49 a month every month.
你就要用这个时间块来处理这个问题,因为这种情况会一再发生。
This is how you're gonna use this time block because this issue is gonna come up over and over and over again.
你注册的免费试用,你退了却没收到退款的东西,那些一直在扣费的项目。
That free trial you signed up for, that thing that you returned that you didn't get credit for, the stuff that's coming out.
关键是这一点。
And here's the thing.
如果到了凌晨3点,第三个时间块——资金管理块——结束了,就找一个文件夹,把这些标出的重点放进去。
If 03:00 rolls around and this third block, the money block, is now over, just get a folder and put these highlighted things.
记得用记号笔划掉所有账户号码。
Make sure you Sharpie out any account numbers.
你不想让这些信息留在打印出来的纸上到处流传。
You don't want that rolling around on a printout.
但把这些都放进一个文件夹里,现在你就可以把它放进手提包或背包里。
But put all these in a folder, and now you can stick that in your purse or your backpack.
当你吃午饭休息时,或者堵车时,这些就是你可以打的电话。
And when you have a lunch break, when you're sitting in traffic, now these are the calls you can make.
你看到吗?这个‘一生管理日’现在帮你有效利用零散时间,为长期成功做好准备。
Do you see how this One Life Admin Day now sets you up to use pockets of time effectively to set yourself up for success in the long term.
这就是我们的第三个要点。
And that is our third buck.
你不觉得这很棒吗?
Don't you love that?
我并没有让你做任何预算。
I didn't make you do any budgeting.
我也没有让你做任何复杂的事情。
I didn't make you do anything complicated.
我只要你在这次‘生活管理日’里,打印出一两个月的银行对账单,打印出你能找到的每一张信用卡账单,这样你就能看到自己支付的利息,知道什么时候会自动续费,并进行对比。
All I asked you to do in your Life Admin Day is print out your bank statements for a month or two, print out every credit card statement that you can find so you can see the interest that you're paying, you can see when this thing renews, you can compare it all.
然后我只是希望你看看,问问自己,我的钱都花到哪里去了?
And then I just want you to look and ask yourself, where's my money going?
哪里存在漏洞和浪费?
And where are the holes and the leaks?
我现在就要把这些地方堵上。
I'm gonna plug right now.
而仅仅通过现在标出这些问题,就能让你在任何有五到十分钟空闲的时候,随时打电话取消那些你不想要的付费服务。
And simply highlighting it now empowers you to be able to do that at any moment you got five to ten minutes to make the call and cancel whatever it is that you're paying for that you don't want.
还有很多免费的服务可以帮助你完成这件事,所以你不必独自面对。
And there's also so many services that can help you do this that are free, so you don't have to do this alone.
我真的很喜欢这个部分。
I just love this block.
现在我们已经进入状态了,因为你心里想:哦,对啊。
And now that we're on a roll because you're like, oh, yeah.
哦,对啊。
Oh, yeah.
从我的银行账户里滚出去。
Get out of my bank account.
我要把我的钱拿回来,伙计。
I'm taking my money back, man.
我知道我的钱花到哪儿去了。
I know where my money is going.
现在我们进入第四个模块。
Now we're gonna move on to block number four.
第四个模块和金钱模块一样,只不过我们要用邮件来操作。
Block number four is just like the money block, only we're gonna do it with email.
我太喜欢这个了。
I love this.
我们要取消订阅所有你不使用的邮件和应用。
We are going to unsubscribe from all the emails and all the apps you don't use.
我的意思是,你好好想一想这一点。
I mean, just just think about that for a minute.
你要在下午三点到四点之间抽出一小时,处理邮件区块。
You're gonna take an hour from three to 4PM, the email block.
删除。
Delete.
删除。
Delete.
删除。
Delete.
删除。
Delete.
我要你取消订阅那些你不再使用的邮件和应用。
I want you to unsubscribe from emails and apps that you don't use.
我要你取消订阅,取消那些你不值得付费的应用,清理掉收件箱里那些重复的垃圾和杂乱信息。
I want you to unsubscribe, and I want you to cancel apps that you don't wanna pay for, and I want you to clear out the clutter, the junk, the reoccurring garbage that's in your inbox.
因为每次有无意义的信息进入你的收件箱,都会分散你对重要事情的注意力。
Because every time something hits your inbox that is meaningless, it takes your attention away from something important.
即使你是那种能直接忽略它的类型,没关系,它仍然在消耗你的精力。
And there's even if you're the kind of person that can just, I can just ignore it, you know, whatever, it still drains you.
当你决定退订时,那种感觉真的很奇妙,甚至让人充满力量。
And there's something crazy just empowering when you're like, unsubscribe.
你无法再接触到我。
You don't get access to me.
退订。
Unsubscribe.
你无法再接触到我。
You don't get access to me.
我厌倦了收到这封邮件,之前我还因为不好意思而犹豫退订——因为发件人是我女儿中学朋友的妈妈,她开了个Substack,不知怎么我就被加进了这个邮件列表,而我根本不想待在这个列表里,又不想让她知道我退订了。
I'm tired of receiving this email, and I felt bad about unsubscribing because it was the mom of my daughter's middle school friend that has started a substack, and somehow I've ended up on this email list that I don't wanna be on, and I don't want her to see that I've unsubscribed.
退订。
Unsubscribe.
让她知道吧。
Let her.
让她失望吧。
Let her be disappointed.
你根本不想读她每周发给你的关于酸面团的论文。
You do not wanna read her thesis on sourdough that she's sending you every week.
让她失望吧。
Let her be disappointed.
你正在夺回自己的生活、收件箱和掌控权。
You are taking your life, your inbox, and your power back.
当我们团队讨论这个问题时,我们的执行制片人特蕾西,她简直就是需要一个生活管理日的典范。
And as we were talking about this as a team, our our executive producer, Tracy, who's like the poster child, I'm it's turning out for needing a Life Admin Day.
抱歉把你推出来当靶子,特蕾西,但你那些没处理好的事,反而让我觉得自己对生活更有掌控感。
Sorry to throw you under the bus, Tracy, but all the stuff that you're not taking care of is making me feel like I'm a little bit more on top of my life.
这不是竞争。
Not a competition.
等等。
Wait.
我刚打破了一条规矩。
I just broke a ground rule.
我说过,这没什么可羞愧的,也没有道德评判。
I said there was no shame and no moral judgment.
我知道你能承受得住,特蕾丝,你也一直在笑,但我还是想分享一件事,因为和团队一起讨论并制作这一集真的太棒了,每个人都有很多关于那些阻碍生活和思维的杂乱事物的故事。
And I and I know you can take it, Trace, and you've been laughing along, but I just wanna share something because it's been so awesome to talk about and to create this this episode with our team because everybody has so many stories about the clutter that is blocking your life and your brain.
当我们谈到邮件堆积的问题时,特蕾丝就开始取消订阅了。
And as we were talking about the email block, as we were just talking about it, Tracy started unsubscribing.
看看这个清单。
Check out the list of things.
她五年前为朋友从新奥尔良一家花店订购过花,至今还在他们的通讯列表里。
A florist shop in New Orleans that she ordered flowers for a friend from five years ago.
她还在他们的通讯列表中。
She was on their newsletter list.
她高中时加入的健身房,那都已经是十三年前的事了,却依然在他们的通讯列表里。
The gym that she belonged to in high school, that was like thirteen years ago, still on the newsletter list.
别提了,当你做了一件好事,捐给非营利组织或政治事业,结果你的邮箱却被转给了某个超级政治行动委员会或该非营利组织的全国版本。
Don't even get me started when you do a really good thing and you donate to a nonprofit or a political cause, and then you somehow have your email distributed to some super PAC or the national version of the nonprofit.
我知道你是在为这个世界做好事,但老天啊,别把我的名字到处给别人,不然你现在会收到五百封来自你曾经热衷过的事业的邮件。
I realize you're doing good in the world, but dear God, do not give my name to everybody because now you're gonna 500 emails from a cause that you were once excited about.
现在你只想说:再收到一封邮件我就要死了。
Now you're like, I want to die if you send me another email.
Trace,你还有别的什么疯狂的例子吗?
What was the other one that you had, Trace, that was crazy?
哦,哦。
Oh, Oh.
哦。
Oh.
她 basically 就是说:来,再一个。
She's basically like, here's another one.
来自一家我两年前去过一次的餐厅,我根本不住在那个城市或那个州,却每天收到他们当晚本地烧烤店的特价推送。
From a restaurant I ate at once two years ago, I don't even live in that town or that state, and I'm getting daily updates about the specials that they're offering tonight at this local grill.
取消订阅。
Unsubscribe.
取消订阅。
Unsubscribe.
你再也无法接触到我了。
You don't get access to me anymore.
而且说实话,花这一小时,你会感觉自己正在重新找回一部分自我,因为你确实如此。
And taking this hour, I kid you not, you feel like you're taking a part of yourself back because you are.
不是每个人、每件事、每个企业或每个事业都值得你关注。
Not everyone and everything and every business and every cause deserves your attention.
我们现在已经到了一个地步,人们可以随意进入你的私信、短信和收件箱,而这个邮件屏蔽功能就是你喊出‘够了’的时刻。
And we've gotten to a point in life where people can slide right into the DMs and the texts and the inbox, and this email block is where you say, Enough.
我的收件箱已经因为工作、家庭和我真正感兴趣的事情而不堪重负。
My inbox is already overwhelming based on work and my family and the things I'm actually interested in.
我要花这一小时,然后取消订阅。
I'm gonna take the hour, and I'm gonna unsubscribe.
通过这样做,我更加重视我的专注力。
And in doing so, I'm doubling down on the importance of my focus.
在这个试图窃取我注意力的世界里,我有权决定哪些内容可以进入我的收件箱,哪些不可以。
I get to say, in a world that's trying to steal my attention, what is allowed in my inbox and what's not.
因为你们以前听过我说过,如果每件事都很重要,那就没有一件事重要。
Because you've heard me say before, if everything's important, nothing is.
如果你不得不翻阅35封你根本不记得订阅过的邮件,而退订链接却藏在小字条款里,你根本找不到它。
And if you have to scroll through 35 emails that you don't even remember signing up for, you can't find the unsubscribe because it's buried somewhere in the fine print.
如果你必须翻阅这些内容,它们依然在消耗你的专注力。
If you have to scroll through those things, they're still draining your focus.
所以,让我们花一小时,删除,删除,删除,删除,删除,删除,删除,删除,删除,删除。
So, let's just take an hour, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete.
哦,你现在是不是感觉好多了?
Oh, don't you feel better already?
当然了。
Of course you do.
我们把邮件处理块安排在三点到四点之间,其中一个原因是:首先,你可能已经累了,因为你已经完成了两小时的通话块。
And one of the reasons why we left the email block to be from three to four is because, first of all, you're probably gonna be tired because you've made two hours of calls with the call block.
你已经完成了两个你平时从不做的琐事块任务。
You've done two hours of errands that you never do in the errand block.
你还掌控了自己的财务,看清了钱花在哪里,并在财务块中设立了重要的界限,让自己变得更有力量。
You've also taken control of your money and seen where your money's going, and you've started to put up very important boundaries and set yourself up to be empowered there in the money block.
邮件处理块排在第四个,是因为我们知道,这个环节可以相对平静、不带情绪和精力地完成。
The email block is the fourth block because, you know, we can kinda do this without any emotion and energy.
你会开始感受到:天啊,我竟然这么有掌控感。
You're gonna start to feel, oh my god, so empowered.
你会超爱这个过程,它会逐渐变成一种习惯。
You're gonna freaking love this, that it's gonna start to become a habit.
我也不想让你更早做这件事,因为一旦你打开手机或电脑,就很容易分心,而我不希望你分心。
And I also didn't want you to do this earlier because once you're on your phone or your laptop, it is so easy to get distracted, but I don't want you to get distracted.
别回复短信。
Don't be responding to texts.
不要回复邮件。
Don't be responding to emails.
这仅仅是清理你的收件箱,那些你可能拥有的成千上万封未读邮件,那些你多年前购物时注册的列表,或者你为别人买礼物时加入的订阅,现在你不断收到关于滑雪板装备的更新,而你根本就不会滑雪。
This is just about cleaning up your email inbox, those thousands of unread emails that you probably have, the lists that you got onto from the things that you bought years ago or that your kids you bought for somebody for a present, now you're getting all kinds of updates about snowboarding gear, and you don't even snowboard.
只需逐个查看,点击取消订阅,你就再也不会收到这些地址的邮件了。
Just go through, hit unsubscribe, and you'll never be emailed again from that address.
现在你的收件箱在未来一段时间内都会保持干净。
And now your inbox will be clean for the near future.
这难道不棒吗?
Isn't that awesome?
天啊,你已经做了这么多。
Oh my God, you've done so much.
我的天啊。
Holy cow.
你准备好迎接最后一个模块了吗?
Are you ready for the final block?
完美生活管理日的最后一个模块。
The final block of the perfect Life Admin Day.
安排你的下一个生活管理日。
Schedule your next one.
就这样。
That's it.
就这样。
That's it.
只需要五分钟。
It takes five minutes.
安排你的下一个生活管理日。
Schedule your next one.
这是朋友之间的建议。
And here's from one friend to another.
现在你已经按照我推荐的方式完成了生活管理,从通话到跑腿、到财务、到邮件,再到如今安排下一个周期,你已经看到了它的力量。
Now that you've done Life Admin in the way that I've recommended it, and you've gone in the order of the blocks from calls to errands to money to email to now scheduling the next one, you see the power of it.
你知道那些陷阱。
You know the pitfalls.
你知道自己能完成多少事情。
You know how much you can get done.
你可以把它安排在任何你想做的日子。
You can schedule it for any day you want.
我其实并不在意,因为你现在已经知道怎么做一次了。
I don't really care because you now know how to do one.
你可以把它安排在星期三。
You can schedule it on a Wednesday.
你可以把它安排在星期五。
You could schedule it on a Friday.
如果你愿意,也可以把它安排在星期六。
You could schedule it on a Saturday if you want.
如果你有一天是半休,要到下午才去上班或上夜班,你就可以利用上午时间完成一个通话和跑腿任务块。
If you have a half day where you're not going into your hourly job or your shift work until the afternoon, you could take a morning and do a call and an errand block.
搞定。
Boom.
这就是完美生活管理日的力量。
That's the power of the perfect Life Admin Day.
现在你已经理解了这个框架和五个时间块,它永远不会变,你可以随时插入一个这样的安排。
Now that you understand the framework and the five time blocks, it never changes, and you can insert one of these whenever you want.
你做得越多,就能越快完成它们,因为每一个生活管理日都在帮你掌控对你重要的事情,帮你清除杂乱、分心和那些逐渐缠上你的浪费金钱的事物。
And the more often you do these, the faster you can move through them because every Life Admin Day is helping you stay on top of the things that are important to you, and it's helping you clear out the clutter and the distraction and the money wasting things that start to get attached to you.
每次执行时,都是同样的五个时间块,按同样的顺序进行。
It's the same five blocks done in the same order every single time you do it.
所以,用安排下一个生活管理日来结束这次生活管理,搞定,你完成了。
So end the Life Admin by scheduling your next one, and boom, you did it.
在你完成完美的生活管理日后,你能期待哪些改变?
What can you expect to change after you've done the perfect Life Admin Day?
你已经完成了全部五个时间块?
You've done all five time blocks?
我会告诉你,你今晚会过得很轻松,因为你什么都不用做。
Well, I'll tell you what, you're gonna have a great night because you don't have to do anything.
你明天醒来时会感觉轻松许多。
You're gonna wake up tomorrow and feel lighter.
接下来几个月的周末你会感觉自由自在,因为你不再有那些乱七八糟的琐事要跑腿。
Your weekends for the next couple months are gonna feel free because you don't have weird errands that you need to run.
那些事一直在纠缠着你。
They're haunting you.
那些看似不可能的小任务,不再那么可怕了。
The small tasks that feel impossible stop feeling so scary.
你会重新感到自己有能力。
You're gonna feel capable again.
你会意识到,自己不再落后了。
You're gonna realize you're no longer behind.
更重要的是,你会向自己证明,无论生活多么忙碌和令人不堪重负,只要花一天时间,你就能重新找回自己。
And more importantly, you're gonna have proven to yourself that no matter how busy and overwhelming life can get, all it takes is one day, and you feel like yourself again.
我非常期待看到和听到,当你看完这一集并遵循这五个时间块后会发生什么。
I'm so excited to see and to hear what happens when you take this episode and you follow these five time blocks.
我非常想听听你的反馈。
Here's what I would love to hear from you.
是什么事情在困扰着你?
What's the thing that's haunting you?
你房间的角落里有什么?
What is in the corner of your room?
你车后座上还拖着什么东西?
What's where are you hauling around in the back of your car?
是什么事情你一直没法着手去做?你知道理智上它只需要十分钟就能完成,但不知为何,你就是一再拖延、拖延、再拖延。
What is that thing that you cannot seem to get to and you know intellectually it would take you ten minutes to get it done, but for whatever reason you just keep putting it off and putting it off and putting it off.
因为我想让这些让我们抓狂的事情变得正常化,欢迎在评论区和评价里分享。
Because I wanna normalize all of these things that drive us crazy and drop in the comments, drop in the reviews.
告诉我们,你最想着手处理的是什么?或者,那个让你压力重重、却一直拖延的最愚蠢的小事是什么?
Let us know what is the thing you're most excited to tackle or the dumbest thing you've been putting off that is causing you stress.
我知道,如果你分享你将在生活管理日中处理的事情,你会让其他人感到不那么孤单,并获得同样的动力。
I know if you share what you're gonna tackle in your Life Admin Day, you're gonna make somebody else feel a little less alone and empowered to do the same thing.
我也想感谢你将这个播客分享到你的家庭群聊中。
I also wanna thank you for sharing this episode in your family group chat.
如果你厌倦了对成年子女大喊大叫,让他们做这些事,那就让你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯来对他们大喊,向他们解释如何完成完美的生活管理日,这样你就可以专心处理自己的生活管理事务,而他们作为年轻人,也会知道如何管理自己的生活。
If you're tired of yelling at your, adult kids about doing this stuff, let your friend Mel Robbins, yell at them and explain to them how to do the perfect Life Admin Day, and then that way you can focus on your stuff for your Life Admin, and they, as young adults, will know how to do their own Life Admin.
还有一件事。
And one more thing.
如果没人告诉过你,我想确保让你知道,作为你的朋友,我爱你们,我相信你们,也相信你们有能力创造更好的生活。
In case nobody else tells you, I wanted to be sure to tell you that as your friend, I love you and I believe in you, and I believe in your ability to create a better life.
花一天时间,按照这个五步框架,为自己打造一个完美的人生管理日,天哪。
And taking one day and following this five part framework to give yourself the perfect Life Admin Day, holy cow.
这会让你感觉好很多。
That is gonna lead to feeling so much better.
你会拥有更美好的一周。
You're gonna have a better week.
你会拥有一个更好的周末。
You're gonna have a better weekend.
你会拥有一个更好的季度。
You're gonna have a better quarter.
天啊,仅仅这一项改变就能创造更好的生活。
And by God, just that one change does create a better life.
好了。
Alrighty.
我在下一期节目中等你。
I'll see you in the very next episode.
当你点播播放时,我会在那里迎接你。
I will be there to welcome you in the moment you hit play.
关于毛巾,我也遇到同样的情况。
I'm kind of at the same thing with towels.
比如,什么时候该花11美元买条新毛巾了?
Like, when is it like it's just time to to spend the $11 and get a new towel?
我现在有一条白色的洗脸巾。
I have one right now that's a white washcloth.
上面全是化妆品。
It's like so full of makeup.
我在想,我干嘛还留着这东西?
I'm like, why am I keeping this thing?
好吧。
Okay.
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
好吧。
Okay.
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
好的。
Okay.
我们开始吧。
Here we go.
正在录制。
Rolling.
所以现在她的遥控器能用,但鼠标不行。
So now her remote works, but her mouse doesn't work.
所以卡梅隆等一下。
So Cameron hold on.
让我再从头来一次。
Let me start over one more time.
好的。
Okay.
我们来一次。
Let's do one.
我们回到开头。
We're gonna go back to the top.
然后特蕾西说,好的。
Then Tracy goes, okay.
我再重来一次,因为现在我明白这个故事了。
Let me start one more time because now I'm getting the story.
好吗?
Was it good?
我太喜欢了。
I loved it.
太棒了。
So good.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
太好了。
Great.
我们行了吗?
Are we good?
很好。
Good.
好的。
Okay.
很好。
Good.
我确实没行。
I I did not okay.
好的。
Okay.
太棒了。
That's amazing.
好的。
Okay.
我还该说些什么?
What else should I say?
天啊。
Oh my god.
太好了。
That's great.
太好了。
That's great.
太好了。
That's great.
太好了。
That's great.
好的。
Okay.
很好。
Great.
这有帮助吗?
Was that helpful?
是否解决了你需要完成的事情?
Did it get what you needed done?
很好。
Great.
太棒了。
Wonderful.
干得好。
Great job.
工作。
Job.
哦,完美。
Oh, perfect.
干得漂亮,各位。
Great job, guys.
干得漂亮。
Great job.
哦,还有一件事。
Oh, and one more thing.
不,这可不是花絮。
And no, this is not a blooper.
这是法律条款。
This is the legal language.
你知道的,就是律师写的、我需要念给你们听的内容。
You know, what the lawyers write and what I need to read to you.
本播客仅用于教育和娱乐目的。
This podcast is presented solely for educational and entertainment purposes.
我只是你的朋友。
I'm just your friend.
我不是持证治疗师,本播客也不替代医生、专业教练、心理治疗师或其他合格专业人士的建议。
I am not a licensed therapist, and this podcast is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician, professional coach, psychotherapist, or other qualified professional.
明白了吗?
Got it?
很好。
Good.
我们下一期再见。
I'll see you in the next episode.
SiriusXM 播客。
SiriusXM Podcast.
本段由微软 Copilot 赞助。
This segment is sponsored by Microsoft Copilot.
好的。
Okay.
我得坦白一件事。
I need to confess something.
多年来,我是说真的很多年,我一直想在楼上这面空白墙上打造一面照片墙。
For years, and I mean years, I have been talking about creating a photo wall in my home on this blank wall upstairs.
总觉得这里缺了点什么。
It feels like it's missing something.
我甚至在这档播客里多次提到过它。
I've even described it here on the podcast several times.
但每次走过楼上走廊里这面空墙时,我都会感到一阵内疚。
And yet every single time I walk by this empty wall upstairs in the hallway, I feel this surge of guilt.
因为一想到要完成这件事,我就觉得压力太大了。
It's because the idea of doing it totally overwhelms me.
这些话听起来是不是很熟悉?
Does any of this sound familiar?
也许对你来说,不是照片墙,但一定有某件事你一直想开始或去做,只是觉得太复杂了,不知道从何下手或如何组织。
Maybe for you, it's not a photo wall, but there's something you've been wanting to start or to do, but it just seems like it's too overwhelming to get going or to organize it.
也许是更新你的简历,或者根据你的年龄、当前状况和可用时间,找到适合你的锻炼计划。
Maybe it's updating your resume or figuring out the right workout routine based on your age, based on where you are right now, based on how much time you have.
也许你想学一门新语言,但不太确定该如何开始,又如何每天挤出几分钟来学习。
Maybe you want to learn a new language, but you're not quite sure how do you get started and fit it in every day for a couple minutes.
是不是很有趣,那些本可以让你生活变得更好的事情,却总是被我们复杂化?
Isn't it funny how something that could make your life better is easy to overcomplicate?
有时候,最快的进步方式就是寻求一点帮助、一个推动力、一个计划,有人告诉你:从这里开始。
Sometimes the fastest way forward is to ask for a little bit of help, a nudge, a plan, someone to say, here's where you can start.
当我意识到这一点关于这个照片墙项目时,我的心态发生了转变。
And when I realized that about this photo wall project, something shifted for me.
我要么继续为此自责,要么就直接寻求帮助。
I can either keep beating myself up again about it or I could just get help.
这次,我会带着帮助来完成它。
And this time, I'm gonna do it with help.
而这就是微软Copilot的用武之地。
And that's where Microsoft Copilot comes in.
当你感到卡住或被需要完成的事情压得喘不过气时,它真的非常有帮助。
It is so helpful when you're feeling stuck or overwhelmed by something you need to do.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。