本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿,我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎收听梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
Hey, it's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins Podcast.
我经常收到你们的来信。
I hear from you all the time.
你们为钱而感到压力。
You're stressed about money.
现在所有东西都贵多了。
Everything costs so much more right now.
你说得对,确实如此。
And you're right, it does.
买房似乎遥不可及。
Buying a house feels out of reach.
储蓄看起来不可能。
Saving seems impossible.
所以,如果你正落后于财务目标,或者你身边有人现在正经历经济困难,你是否在想:现在掌控我的财务还来得及吗?
So if you're falling behind or there are people in your life who are struggling financially right now, And if you're wondering, is it too late to get a handle on my finances?
或者你正在努力还清债务,或者你坚信自己永远无法退休,或者你对金钱总是成为焦虑的来源、成为与配偶争吵的导火索感到厌倦。
Or you're trying to pay off your debt or you're convinced you're never gonna retire or you're so tired of money always being a source of anxiety or the source of fights with your spouse.
如果积累财富的感觉遥不可及,这一集就是专门讲给你听的。
If the idea of building wealth feels out of reach, this episode is dedicated to you.
你会喜欢这个的。
You're gonna love this.
今天我们邀请的嘉宾是大卫·巴赫。
Our guest today is David Bach.
他是全球最受信赖的理财专家之一。
He's one of the most trusted money experts in the world.
他在这方面已经撰写了十本《纽约时报》畅销书。
He's written 10 New York Times bestselling books on the topic.
更重要的是,大卫·巴赫已经教会了数百万像你一样的普通人,如何从你当前所处的位置开始积累财富。
And more importantly, David Bach has taught millions of regular people just like you how to build wealth starting exactly where you are right now.
我之所以进行这场对话,是因为你们不断告诉我,你们想知道到底该怎么做。
And I'm having this conversation because you keep telling me you wanna know exactly what to do.
而这正是你将在本集中获得的内容。
And that's exactly what you're gonna get in this episode.
大卫·巴赫将告诉你具体该投资哪些基金。
David Bach is gonna tell you the specific funds to invest in.
他将分享你可能在401(k)或罗斯IRA中犯下的惊人错误?
He's gonna share the shocking mistake that you're probably making in your four zero one k or your Roth IRA?
你做过资金转存吗?
Have you done a rollover?
你最好认真听,因为这个错误正在让很多人蒙受损失。
Well, you better listen to this because this is a mistake that's costing people right now.
他的建议非常实用、具体且简单。
His advice is so tactical, so specific, so simple.
听完之后,你会意识到:天啊,这其实就在我身边。
Once you hear it, you're gonna realize, oh my gosh, this is right under my nose.
我可以做到。
I can do it.
我想让你知道,我曾经也经历过无法支付账单时的恐惧和持续不断的压力。
And I want you to know, I'm somebody who has felt the terror and the nonstop stress of not being able to pay my bills.
我知道陷入债务、不知如何脱身、怀疑自己是否能翻身是什么感觉。
I know what it's like to not know how to dig yourself out of debt and wonder if you ever will.
我要告诉你,如果你遵循大卫·巴赫的建议,你不仅能做到,而且一定会做到。
And I'm gonna tell you, if you follow David Bach's advice, you not only can do it, you will do it.
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎来到《梅尔·罗宾斯播客》。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins Podcast.
很高兴你今天在这里。
I'm thrilled that you're here today.
我今天能在这里感到非常兴奋,因为能和你在一起、共度时光是一种荣幸。
I'm thrilled to be here today because it's an honor to be together, to spend time with you.
如果你是新听众,或者因为有人分享给你而来到这里,我想亲自欢迎你加入梅尔·罗宾斯播客大家庭。
And if you're a new listener or you're here because somebody shared this with you, well, I just wanted to personally welcome you to the Mel Robbins Podcast family.
今天,你和我要聊聊那些能为你和你关心的人建立财务自由的顶级习惯,而在这个世界上,再也没有比大卫·巴赫更适合教你这些习惯的人了。
Today, you and I are gonna talk about the top habits that will build financial freedom for you and the people that you care about, And there is no better person on the planet to teach those habits to you than David Bach.
三十多年来,大卫一直是个人理财领域最受尊敬的声音之一。
David has been one of the most respected voices in personal finance for over thirty years.
他撰写了十本《纽约时报》畅销书,其中包括大热之作《自动成为百万富翁》,这是一套具体的分步计划,数百万人正是通过这套方法摆脱债务、为更美好的未来储蓄,而这一切都始于你当下的处境。
He is the author of 10 New York Times bestselling books, including the mega smash hit, The Automatic Millionaire, which is a specific step by step plan that millions of people have followed to get out of debt, to save for a better future, all by starting exactly where you are right now.
他的书籍销量已超过七百万册。
His books have sold over 7,000,000 copies.
这些书已被翻译成二十种语言。
They've been translated into 20 languages.
他一生致力于帮助数百万像你这样的人建立真正的财富,避免那些让你深陷债务、阻碍你前进的错误。
And he has made a career of helping millions of people just like you build real wealth and stop making the mistakes that are currently keeping you in debt and holding you back.
他今天来到这里,为你提供一套具体的分步计划,帮助你掌控自己的财务状况。
He's here today to give you a specific step by step plan to take control of your finances.
所以,请和我一起欢迎我的朋友大卫·巴赫,来到《梅尔·罗宾斯播客》。
So please help me welcome my friend, David Bach, to the Mel Robbins Podcast.
谢谢你来到这里。
Well, thank you for being here.
见到你真是太好了。
It's fabulous to see you.
见到你我也很高兴。
It is fabulous to see you too.
我非常爱你这位朋友。
I love you as a friend.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我喜欢你的活力,也喜欢你的工作。
I love your energy, and I love your work.
我非常期待今天的对话,因为很多人都在为钱担忧。
And I am very excited about the conversation today because so many of us are concerned about money.
我们为自己的未来感到担忧。
We're concerned about our future.
我们关心的是如何支持身边的人,帮助他们规划财务未来。
We're concerned about how to support the people in our lives around their financial future.
我想从这一点开始。
And where I wanna start is this.
如果我认真吸收你即将教给我们的所有内容,那么当我应用今天学到的知识后,我的生活会有什么不同?
If I take everything to heart that you're about to teach us, how will my life be different if I apply what I learned from you today?
首先,是的。
Well, first and foremost Yeah.
我会给你希望。
I'm gonna give you hope.
哦。
Oh.
现在很多人在金钱问题上都失去了希望,这影响了他们的生活。
A lot of people right now are missing hope when it comes to their money, which is impacting their life.
因此,我相信在金钱方面,没有人应该被落下。
So I believe that nobody should be left behind when it comes to money.
这就是为什么我花了三十年的时间教人们关于金钱的知识。
That's why I've spent thirty years of my life teaching people about money.
所以,老实说,梅尔,现在这个国家的问题是我们正在把人们抛在身后。
And so the challenge right now in this country, honestly, Mel, we're leaving people behind.
目前在这个国家,每十个人中就有七个人生活在月光族的状态中。
In this country right now, seven out of 10 people are being left behind because they're living paycheck to paycheck.
等等。
Wait.
在美国,每十个人中就有七个人靠工资过活?
Seven out of 10 people in The United States live paycheck to paycheck?
停下来,好好想一想这句话。
Stop for a moment and take that in.
这意味着,如果你开车经过一条街道,看到十户人家,其中七户都是靠工资过活。
Because that means if you're driving down a street and there's 10 houses, seven of those 10 are living paycheck to paycheck.
所以,如果你是月光族,背负着信用卡债务,可能还有学生贷款,而且感到没有希望,我向你保证,在接下来的这九十分钟里,或者无论我们在一起多久,你都会看到隧道尽头的光。
So if you're living paycheck to paycheck, if you've got credit card debt, you maybe have student loans and you don't have hope, I promise you at the end of these ninety minutes together or however long we are together, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
所以这是第一点。
So that's number one.
明白了吗?
K?
第二点,并不是所有人都在月光族。
Number two, not everybody's living paycheck to paycheck.
对吧?
Right?
因为还有另外三个人,如果你刚开始投资,也许你已经开了罗斯个人退休账户, somewhere 听说过,或者你在工作中使用了401(k)计划,甚至已经买了第一套房子。
Because there's three other people out there from the So if you're starting on investing, maybe you've opened up your Roth IRA, you heard about that somewhere, or you're using your four zero one k plan at work, or you've even bought your first home.
你做了很多正确的事情,但你不确定,我是不是做得够好?
You you've because you're doing a lot of things right, but you're not sure, am I doing everything right?
你有点怀疑。
Like, you kinda have this doubt.
我不确定自己是不是真的走在正轨上。
Like, I'm not I don't know if I'm really on track.
我不确定自己是不是选对了投资。
I don't know if I really have the right investments.
所以你可能觉得自己做得不错,但仍然知道需要帮助。
So maybe you think you're doing things right, but you still know you need help.
我懂你。
I got you too.
现在有些人是从头开始。
Now some people are starting over.
好的。
K.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,人生的现实是离婚、丧偶。
I mean, the reality of life is between divorce, between widowhood.
你知道吗,这个国家丧偶的平均年龄是59岁。
You know, average age of widowhood in this country is 59.
当你看到女性在丧偶后所面临的财务状况时,她们往往一贫如洗。
When you look at what happens to women as a result of widowhood financially, they're often wiped out.
我们正在迅速进入一个非常严肃的话题。
And we're getting real, real serious quickly here.
但作为女性,你根本负担不起对自己的财务状况一无所知。
But, like, so as a woman, you can't afford to not know what's going on with your finances.
我真想从这一点开始逐一拆解。
There is so much I wanna just pull apart from that.
因为很多人问我,梅尔,你是怎么摆脱债务的?
Because a lot of people ask me, how did you get out of debt, Mel?
我和我丈夫在41岁时负债80万美元。
My husband and I were $800,000 in debt at the age of 41.
我很欣赏你从这一点开始:你必须下定决心,厌倦了月光族的生活。
So I like that you're starting with you have to make a decision that you're tired of living paycheck to paycheck.
你厌倦了目前所处的境况。
You're tired of being in the situation that you're in.
而你在这里告诉我们,因为你已经帮助数百万人摆脱了债务。
And you're here to tell us because you've you have helped millions of people get out of debt.
现在还不晚吗?
That it's not too late?
只要你不放弃,就永远不晚。
It's never too late unless you give up.
我总是说,你离另一种生活只差一个决定。
I always say you're one decision away from a different life.
对我来说,我非常受负面动力驱动。
And for me, I'm very negatively motivated.
也就是说,事情必须变得真的很糟。
Like, things have to get really bad.
我有点固执。
I'm kinda stubborn.
是的。
Yeah.
我终于到了一个点,再也无法忍受持续的压力、不断的挫败感,以及无法支付账单的羞耻感和债务带来的沉重压力,于是我做出了一个决定。
And I just got to a point where I was so tired of the constant stress and the constant frustration and the shame of not being able to pay my bills and the crushing pressure of being in debt that I just made a decision.
我不干了。
I'm done doing this.
我必须搞清楚这个问题,因为没人会来,没人会帮我的。
I have to figure this out because no one is gonna no one's coming.
没人会来救你。
Nobody's coming to save you.
没错。
Nope.
没人会来替我还这些账,但我发誓,我一定要做到。
No one's coming to pay these bills, but I'll be damned.
有太多人比我笨多了,但他们都已经解决了这个问题。
There's so many people that are way less smart than I am that have figured this out.
如果这些人都能做到,那我也一定能搞明白。
If these other people can do it, then I can figure this out too.
通常让人在金钱问题上做出决定的有两件事
Two things get people typically to make a decision around money
什么
What
是哪两件事?
are they?
或者在生活中的其他方面也是如此。
Or life in general.
是痛苦,或者是对你最重要事物的清晰认知。
It's pain or it's clarity around what's most important to you.
有些人必须经历大量痛苦才能获得这种清晰认知。
Now some people have to go through a lot of pain to get clarity.
这是艰难的方式。
That's the hard way.
艰难的方式就是有人用一根两英寸见方的木板狠狠打你一下,然后你突然意识到:我实在受不了了。
The hard way is someone smacks you over the with a two by four, and you're just like, I I can't do this anymore.
我奶奶在30岁的时候就是这样。
That was my grandmother even at 30.
也许她的痛苦不像你那样背负着巨额债务,但她的痛苦在于她明白了。
Maybe her pain wasn't like yours with so much debt, but her pain was she got clarity around.
我30岁了。
I'm 30.
我们没钱。
We have no money.
我们没有大学文凭。
We don't have a college degree.
她在吉佩尔百货商店卖假发。
She sold wigs at Gimpels department store.
我祖父在一家工厂工作。
My my grandfather worked in a a plant.
在威斯康星州密尔沃基,有许多中产阶级家庭。
There are middle class people living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
在30岁时,她明白了自己不想在威斯康星州退休。
And at 30, she got clarity that she didn't wanna retire in Wisconsin.
她在30岁时做出了决定。
She decided at 30.
她觉得这里冷得要命。
She's like, it's so freaking cold here.
我是在湖对岸的密歇根湖畔的马斯基根长大的。
Well, I grew up across the lake in Muskegon.
好吧。
Okay.
所以我懂。
So I know.
她在那里长大,然后说,我希望有一天能到佛罗里达或加利福尼亚退休。
So she grew up there, and she's like, I wanna retire one day to Florida or California.
她在30岁时就做出了这个决定。
She decided that at 30.
然后像你一样,她为自己的计划努力了三十年。
Then like you, she worked on her plan for three decades.
我祖母过去常说,大卫,你不是在几天内变富的。
My grandmother used to say, David, you don't get rich in days.
你是在几十年里变富的。
You get rich in decades.
你不是在几天内摆脱债务的。
You don't get out of debt in days.
债务的问题在于,你一天之内就能欠下债务,但不可能在一天之内还清。
If you the the problem with debt is you can get in debt in a day, but you can't get out of debt in a day.
我觉得就是这一刻,你对自己现状感到极度厌倦,于是下定决心去改变,做得更好。
I I think it's just this moment where you get so sick of your own situation that you organize the resolve to change and do better.
我想稍微拓宽一下视野,因为我确实认为,美国每十个人中有七个,以及全球许多人都在挣扎,他们月光族,承受着巨大的压力和焦虑。
I wanna broaden the tent a little bit because I do think that statistic that seven out of every ten people in The United States and plenty of people around the world right now are struggling, they're paycheck to paycheck, they're feeling the pressure and the stress of it all.
我想谈谈一些其他人群,比如那些正面临最糟糕就业市场的人。
And I wanna talk a little bit about some other people, like people that might be entering one of the worst job markets out there.
你二十多岁,还不确定该做什么,因为你心里想:我连和三个室友合租的房租都很难付得起,现在找工作也很困难,还有沉重的学生贷款。
You're in your 20s and you're not quite sure what to do because you're saying to yourself, I I can barely even pay for my rent with three roommates, and I'm having trouble finding a job right now, and I have crushing student loans.
今天谁还能从这场对话中获得希望呢?
Who else is going to get hope from this conversation today?
让我告诉你
Let me tell
你真正需要了解的是这个经济现状,这可能是你在本播客中听到的最重要的信息。
you what's really going on in this economy because this is probably the most important thing you're gonna hear in this podcast.
好。
K.
我们现在生活在一个我称之为自动经济的时代。
We're living in what I call now an automatic economy.
自动经济。
Automatic economy.
自动经济。
Automatic economy.
好。
K.
好。
K.
自动经济要么让你致富,要么让你一直贫穷。
An automatic economy either makes you rich or it keeps you poor.
现在有很多人,梅尔,正在变得富有。
And there are a lot of people, Mel, right now becoming rich.
事实上,我们将进入一个十年,在这十年里,我认为创造的财富将超过我们一生中任何时期。
In fact, we're going into a decade where I believe more wealth will be created in the next decade than in any time in our lifetime.
真的吗?
Really?
百分之百。
100%.
在美国,通往财富的途径有两条。
There's two escalators to wealth in America.
明白吗?
Okay?
因为这个系统是被操纵的。
Because the system's rigged.
你必须听好,尤其是年轻人。
You need to hear this, especially young people.
懂吗?
K?
有两条通往财富的自动扶梯。
There's two escalators to wealth.
它们是房地产和股票。
They are real estate and stocks.
你必须拥有房地产,也必须拥有股票。
You have to own real estate and you have to own stocks.
而现在的市场比以往任何时候都更加被操纵。
And this market's now more rigged than it's ever been.
当我说到‘被操控’时,我的意思是,我们国家的一切都旨在让这两类资产价格上涨。
And when I say rigged, what I mean is everything in our country is designed for those two asset classes to go higher.
所有的税收政策、所有激励措施和存在的机会,都是为投资者服务的。
All the tax laws, all the incentives, all the opportunities that exist are for for investors.
如果你不是投资者,你被甩在后面的速度将前所未有地快。
If you're not an investor, you are being left behind faster than you've ever been left behind.
今天任何二十多岁的人,都可以从零钱开始投资。
Anyone who's in their twenties today can start investing their change.
没错。
That's true.
你今天就可以开始投资。
You can start investing literally today.
你可以下载像Acorns这样的应用,每次花钱时都能自动投资你的零钱。
You can open an app like Acorns and be investing your change every time you spend money.
你可以一次投资一美元,进入分散的投资组合。
You can be investing a dollar at a time in diversified portfolios.
你可以几乎不花任何成本点击一个按钮。
You can click a button at almost no cost.
二十年前这可不是真的。
And that was not true twenty years ago.
二十年前,用少量钱成为投资者有时很难。
Twenty years ago, it was hard to sometimes become an investor with a small amount of money.
如今,借助科技,整个投资领域已经实现了民主化。
Today with technology, the whole playing field's been democratized.
在金钱方面,人们常犯的最大错误有哪些,这些错误让他们陷入困境?
What are some of the biggest mistakes that people make when it comes to money that keep them stuck?
好的。
Okay.
第一,在金钱方面,你要么有自己的理财计划,要么别人替你制定计划。
Number one, when it comes to money, you either have a plan for your money or someone else has a plan for your money.
哦。
Oh.
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
所以,呃,让这个稍微想一想。
So, like, like, like, let that sit for a second.
你要么为自己的钱制定计划,要么别人就替你制定计划。
Either you have a plan for your money or someone else has a plan for your money.
很多人其实都在为你钱的去向制定计划。
Lots of people have a plan for your money.
自动经济是由你的手机驱动的。
The automatic economy is driven by your phone.
好的。
Okay.
我们整天拿着的这部手机,就像一个吸金磁铁。
That phone that we hold all day long is a money magnet.
想想看,把它当作一个吸金磁铁。
Think about that as a money magnet.
我这么说是什么意思?
What do I mean by that?
这意味着这个工具要么在帮你积累财富,要么在让你失去财富。
That means this tool is either helping you build wealth or it's taking wealth away from you.
哦,等一下。
Oh, hold on.
所以手机要么在帮你积累财富。
So the phone is either helping you build wealth.
要么在让你失去金钱。
Or it's taking money away from you.
顺便说一句,这两种情况都是自动发生的。
And by the way, in both cases, it's automatic.
所以如今,历史上从未有过如此先进的技术来让你与财富分离。
So what's happening today, there's never been greater technology ever in the history of our lifetime to separate you from your wealth.
但没有人想一次性就把你的财富夺走,梅尔。
But nobody wants to separate you, Mel, from your wealth once.
他们想在你一生中不断从你身上榨取财富。
They wanna separate you from your wealth for your lifetime.
他们称之为客户的终身价值。
They call it the lifetime value of a customer.
好的。
K.
所以当我把你引入我所销售的产品时,我不希望你只买一次。
So when I bring you into whatever I'm selling you, I don't want you to buy from me once.
我希望你以订阅的方式持续购买我的产品。
I want you to buy from me on a subscription level.
我希望你持续向我付费,无论是大家都会想到的Netflix、健身房,还是每一个服务、你的维生素、面霜、乳液和各种神奇药水。
I want you to be paying me whether everybody think about Netflix, the gym, every single service, your vitamins, your creams, your lotions, and your potions.
每个人都让你签了自动付款的协议。
Everyone's got you signed up to pay them automatically.
如果你去查看,打开你的信用卡,或者你办公室里有人已经告诉我他们这么做了,就使用像Monarch这样的系统。
If you go through, open up your credit cards or someone one of your people in your office already told me they did this, use a system like Monarch Yep.
或者YNAB。
Or YNAB.
对吧?
Right?
这些是不同的软件系统,你可以用它们追踪所有开支,看清每月都在向谁付款。
These are different software systems where you can track all of your expenses, and you can see who are you paying monthly.
人们已经忘记了有多少机构在持续扣取他们的工资。
People have lost touch with how many people are attached to their paychecks.
但你必须制定一个计划:为未来存多少,为应急存多少,为实现梦想存多少?
But you gotta have a you gotta have a plan for what am I putting away for the future, what am I putting away for emergencies, and what am I putting away for my dreams?
这叫做计划。
That's called a plan.
好的。
K.
大多数人拥有的,是我所说的‘无计划计划’。
What most people have is what I call the no plan plan.
啊?
K?
你听到了吗?
Did you catch that?
这就是所谓的无计划计划。
It's the no plan plan.
所以,如果你在听,而且你心想:我其实没给妈妈做任何计划。
So, like, if you're listening and you're like, don't really have a plan for my mom.
我现在就坐在这里。
I I'm sitting here right now.
就是,我觉得我没做计划。
Like, I don't think have a plan.
对吧?
Right?
你有一个无计划计划。
You have a no plan plan.
大多数人实际上都在带着‘无计划’的计划生活。
Most people are literally walking around with a no plan plan.
所以发生的情况是,他们生活中唯一与财务相关的就是工资进来,然后立刻花光。
And so what happens is the only thing that's a part of their life financially is their paycheck comes in, and then it goes right out the freaking door.
这是因为你有一个‘无计划’的计划。
That's because you got a no plan plan.
你需要一个自动成为百万富翁的计划。
You need an automatic millionaire plan.
好的。
Okay.
你需要一个自动化的百万富翁计划,让你的钱自动流向对你财务而言重要的所有方面。
You need an automatic millionaire plan where your money is automated to go into everything that is important for you financially.
你需要做的几乎是拿出一张黄色便签纸,写下:这些是我必须安排好的事情。
And and what needs to happen is you you almost you take out a yellow pad of paper and you go, these are the things I have to have.
K。
K.
我必须支付房租。
I have to have rent.
是的。
Yep.
我总得有个地方住。
I gotta live somewhere.
是的。
Yep.
我必须支付车贷。
I have to have a car payment.
很多车贷其实远高于实际需要,但确实有些东西是你必须有的。
Now a lot of car payments are way higher than they need to be, but there there are certain things you have to have.
你必须有医疗保险。
You have to have health care.
然后你就把它列到我们的清单上。
Then you make it on our list.
这些是锦上添花的东西。
These are nice to have.
所以,当你回到背负80万美元债务的时候,你不得不削减开销。
So, like, when you go back to you having $800,000 in debt, you had to cut things out.
天哪。
Oh my god.
我们整整十年都没去度假过。
We didn't go on a vacation for, like, a decade.
你看,我们连出去吃饭都不去了。
See, people We didn't go out to dinner.
我们取消了所有订阅服务。
We we we cut subscriptions.
我们甚至不得不让孩子们退出镇上的足球队一年。
Like, we had to pull the kids out of town soccer for a year.
我们实在负担不起。
Like, they're we just couldn't afford it.
人们必须真正听到这一点,因为他们往往希望在十二个月内就解决这个问题。
People have to, like, really hear that because they want it to be fixed often in twelve months.
你刚才说你花了十年时间,但你的整个人生都已经不同了。
And you just said you spent a decade, but your whole life's different.
另一点是,当你开始走出债务的过程时,你会开始感觉更好。
The other thing is when you start the process of digging out, you start to feel better.
这真的太对了。
It's so true.
其实,你并不需要完全摆脱债务才能感觉好转。
It actually doesn't take you being debt free to feel better.
你只需要开始着手解决债务问题,就会有所改善。
It just takes you starting the process of working on getting debt free.
好的。
Okay.
我希望你能听到这一点。
I want you to hear that.
无论你是在散步、开车、在工作中听我们,还是在YouTube的大屏幕上观看我们。
Whether you're on a walk or you're in a car or you're listening to us at work or you're watching us on your big screen on YouTube.
我的意思是,当你开始掌控局面时,你真的会感觉更好。
I mean it, like you literally will feel better when you start taking control.
你不需要完全还清债务。
You don't have to get out of debt.
为什么当你开始一点一点地还债时,你会感觉更好呢?
Why do you start feeling better when you start chipping away
你会立刻感觉更好,因为当你不处理财务问题时,你知道自己在逃避。
at You your feel better instantly because when you don't deal with your finances, you know you're not dealing with it.
它永远不会消失。
It never goes away.
它一直萦绕在你心头。
It is in the back of your mind.
它始终占据着你的思绪。
It is in the front of your mind.
钱的问题在于我们一直在使用它。
And the problem with money is we use it all the time.
对吧?
Right?
我们不得不不断地花钱。
We we we constantly have to spend money.
所以当你知道自己一点都没在存钱时,你并不是傻瓜。
So when you know you're not saving anything, you're not an idiot.
你知道自己没在做什么。
You know what you're not doing.
对吧?
Right?
所以我只是觉得这全都是关于优先级的问题。
So I just think it's all about priorities.
对我来说,理想情况下应该优先考虑什么,我不是想告诉别人该怎么做,但对我来说,我希望你能把钱当作一种自由自己的工具。
And to me, what the priorities should be, ideally, I'm not trying to tell people what they should do, but to me, I want you to use money as a tool to free yourself.
从什么中?
From what?
从所有事情中。
From everything.
我希望你拥有选择权。
I want you to have options.
所以我认为,你越明确生活中真正重要的东西——比如彻底弄清楚你的价值观:什么对我来说真正重要?
So I think the more you prioritize what matters in your life, like, get super clear on your values, like, what's really important to me?
我最看重的是什么?
What do I value most?
当你深入思考无论什么可能对你重要的事——比如家庭、社区、做出改变、精神成长、与朋友和家人相处、亲近自然。
When you deeply look at whatever it could be, my family, my community, making a difference, my spiritual growth, being with friends and family, being in nature.
选择对你最重要的事情。
Choose the things that matter most to you.
因为当我写第一本书《聪明女性财务自由》时,我教人们——这也是我为客户所做的:列出你的支出,写下你的价值观,然后逐项对比你的支出与价值观。
Because what I taught when I wrote my first book, Smart Women Finish Rich, I taught people, because this is what I do with my clients, take your expenses, line them up, write out your values, and then go right through your expenses and compare them to your values.
问问自己,它们是否一致?
And ask yourself, do they match?
大多数人花钱的方式与他们的价值观相冲突。
And most people spend money in a way that is in conflict with their values.
当你清楚自己的价值观时,关于金钱的决策过程就会变得更容易。
And when you are clear on your values, the decision making process around your money becomes easier.
好的。
Okay.
所以我们知道,你必须有个计划,否则就毫无计划。
So we know you gotta have a plan or you have no plan.
但你必须有个计划,而且你会给我们这个计划。
But you gotta have a plan and you're gonna give us the plan.
即使我月光族也没关系。
And it doesn't matter if I'm living paycheck to paycheck.
即使我刚经历离婚,财务上一败涂地也没关系。
It doesn't matter if I've just gone through divorce and I'm financially ruined.
不管你是不是二十岁,还没有工作,都没关系。
It doesn't matter if you're 20 years old and you don't have a job yet.
这就是我们要遵循的计划。
Like, this is the plan we're gonna follow.
但要坚持下去。
But keep going.
关于金钱,我们最大的误解是:只要赚更多钱,就会变富有。
The biggest myth we have about money is if I make more money, I'll be rich.
如果你赚得更多却不懂得存钱,你并不会变富有。
You won't be rich if you make more money if you don't keep some money.
你得先赚钱,然后存下一部分钱。
You gotta make money and then keep some money.
所以二十年来,我一直教人们要先支付自己,每天自动从收入中留出一部分。
So for twenty years, I've been teaching people to pay themselves first automatically one hour a day of their income.
这意味着,如果你有一份有401(k)计划的工作,是的。
That means if you have a job with a four zero one k plan Yep.
你每天收入的前一个小时直接存入你的401(k)账户。
The first hour a day of your income goes right into your four zero one k.
我根本不明白这是什么意思。
I don't even understand what that means.
收入的前一个小时是什么意思?
What's the first hour of the day of your income?
好的。
Okay.
好问题。
Great question.
大多数人九点上班。
So most people come to work at nine.
我九点到这里。
I came here at nine.
K。
K.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yep.
他们工作到五点。
And they work until five.
好。
K.
他们从你这里领工资。
And they're getting a paycheck from you.
好的。
Okay.
对吧?
Right?
他们从九点到五点领工资。
They're being paid from nine to five.
是的。
Yes.
每天第一个小时的收入,无论你赚多少,有些人每小时赚20美元,有些人每小时赚30美元,有些人每小时赚50美元,还有些人每小时赚100美元。
That first hour a day, whatever you make, some people make $20 an hour, some people make $30 an hour, some people make $50 an hour, some people make a $100 an hour.
有些人拿最低工资。
People make minimum wage.
有些人拿最低工资。
Some people make minimum wage.
不管怎样,你每天收入的第一个小时都必须存入一个税前可抵扣的退休账户。
Whatever it is, that first hour day of your income has to go into a pretax deductible retirement account.
好的。
Okay.
这可以是个人退休账户(IRA),或者如果公司有401(k)计划的话。
So that could be an IRA account or if the company has a four zero one k plan.
钱就存在那里。
That's where it goes.
好的。
K.
现在,你每天收入的一小时等于你总收入的12.5%。
Now one hour a day of your income equals 12 and a half percent of your gross revenue.
好的。
K.
所以你薪水的12.5%,对。
So 12 and a half percent of your salary Yep.
这就是你希望自动存入的金额,看不见摸不着,而且在工作时就处理掉。
Is what you wanna be automatically putting into, like, out of sight, out of mind, and at work.
所以现在关键来了。
So now here's the thing.
人们可能会想:他刚才是不是说我要把总收入的12.5%存起来?
People are gonna like, did he just say I'm supposed to save 12 and a half percent of my gross income?
你是在开玩笑吧?
Are you freaking kidding me?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
是的。
Yes.
我就是这么想的,因为我现在是月光族。
That's what I'm thinking because I'm like, I'm I'm living paycheck to paycheck.
我也是月光族。
I'm living paycheck to paycheck.
我觉得被困住了,无法做我想做的事。
And I feel trapped, and I can't do the things I want to do.
那我为什么要把本就没有的12%拿出去呢?
So why would I take 12% that I don't have?
那我们来算一笔账。
So let's go through the math on this.
我们来算算这笔账。
Let's go through the math.
你之所以要先付给自己,原因就在这里。是的。
The whole reason you wanna pay yourself first Yes.
这样你就不用缴税了。
Is so you don't pay taxes.
所以几十年前,四十多年前,政府制定了税收法律,使这些401(k)计划可以抵税。
So what the government did decades ago, over forty years ago, was create tax laws that made these four zero one k plans deductible.
K。
K.
这就是为什么它被称为先支付自己。
So that means and this is why it's called pay yourself first.
这意味着当你把钱存入退休账户时,就可以避免缴税。
That means when you put money in a retirement account, it avoids paying taxes.
你绕过了国税局。
You you skip the IRS.
K?
K?
合法地。
Legally.
好的。
Okay.
等一下。
So hold on a second.
所以假设我一天赚了100美元。
So if I let's just say I make a $100 in a day.
我要拿出12美元存入
I'm gonna take $12 and put it in the
401
401
k。
k.
401k。
401 k.
你 basically 的意思是,根据法律,这12美元是从100美元中扣除的。
What you're basically saying is under the law, the $12 comes out of the 100.
不用缴税。
Not taxed.
不缴税,与你不取出时那100美元全部被征税的情况形成对比。
Not taxed versus what happens where if you don't take it out, the whole 100 is taxed.
另一件事是,你把钱存入退休账户。
So the other thing is what happens is you put it in your retirement account.
现在它免税增长,并且在你退休取出之前都保持免税。
Now it grows tax free, and it grows tax free until you take it out at retirement.
你随时可以提前取出。
Now you can always access it beforehand.
你不应该这么做,因为那样会产生税费和罚款。
You shouldn't because then there's taxes and penalties.
所以这是一种让你未来财富增长的工具。
So it is a vehicle to grow your future money.
这就是你在为未来存钱的时候。
This is this is when you're putting money aside for your future.
好的。
K.
这可不是为了买房。
This is not for your house.
这也不是为了应急。
This is not for emergencies.
这也不是为了实现梦想。
This is not for dreams.
这是为未来做准备。
This is the future.
如果你二十多岁,刚找到第一份工作。
If you're in your twenties, you get your first job.
我们现在有年轻人刚拿到第一份工作。
Like, we've got kids now getting their first job.
是的。
Yep.
我儿子杰克22岁了。
My son Jack's 22.
他即将从大学毕业。
He's gonna be graduating from college.
他即将找到第一份工作。
He's gonna have his first job.
如果我的孩子们从找到第一份工作起,每天节省收入的一小时,他们就再也不用为钱发愁了。
If my kids save an hour a day of their income from the moment they get their first job, they'll never have to worry about money again.
事情就是这么简单,因为每天节省一小时的收入,就能换来你的财务自由。
That's how simple it is because one hour a day of your income buys your financial freedom.
现在其实也有很多研究支持这一点,因为我们已经这么做了很久。
Now there's actually a lot of research on this now too because we've been doing this for so long.
富达拥有全球最大的401(k)计划之一。
So Fidelity has one of the largest four zero one k plans in the world.
截至本月,有565,000人在他们的401(k)计划中成为了百万富翁。
As of this month, 565,000 people who are millionaires inside their four zero one k plans.
这些百万富翁在他们的退休账户中平均拥有140万美元。
Those millionaires have, on average, $1,400,000 in their retirement account.
他们花了多长时间,存了多少钱?
How long did it take them and how much did they save?
他们掌握了所有数据。
They have all the data.
我现在就告诉你们。
I'm gonna give it to you right now.
平均需要26年,而那些在富达401(k)账户中拥有140万美元的人平均年龄为59岁,他们储蓄了税前收入的14%,略多于一小时。
It took an average of twenty six years, and the average person who has $1,400,000 inside these Fidelity four zero one ks plans is age 59, and they saved 14% of their gross income, a little over one hour.
差不多是一小时十分钟。
It's like one hour and ten minutes.
所以,如果你存下14%,再加上雇主通常提供的匹配缴款,
So if you put 14% away and then the employer, which most employers match on top of that
是的。
Yep.
这就是那些成为401(k)百万富翁的人所做的事情。
That's that's what these people did that became four zero one k millionaires.
他们在二十六年内成为了自动百万富翁。
They became automatic millionaires in twenty six years.
这些人都是普通人。
These men are ordinary people.
明白吗?
Okay?
他们是那些支出少于收入的普通人。
They're ordinary people who simply spent less than they made.
他们每花一美元,只花了90美分,实际上只花了86美分。
They spent 90¢ out of every dollar, and they actually spent 86¢ out of every dollar.
所以他们只是每美元省下14美分。
So they still they just saved 14¢ out of every dollar.
明白了。
Got it.
所以有一点肯定可以总结。
So one takeaway for sure.
如果你在一家有401(k)计划的公司工作,一定要参与,确保至少扣除12%,并且确认这笔钱确实被投资了。
If you work for a company where there's a four zero one k, pull it out, make sure you're taken out at least 12%, and make sure you know it's it's actually invested in something.
你应该把钱投到哪里?
What should you invest it in?
好的。
Okay.
我来明确告诉你该投资什么。
I'm gonna tell you exactly what you should invest in.
好的。
Okay.
我记下来。
Writing this down.
我会让这个变得非常简单。
I'm gonna make this super simple.
我知道我们在录像,
I know we're taping this,
但我没关系。
but I'm okay.
我会假装这是说给墙后所有年轻人听的。
Gonna pretend like this is for everybody that's in that behind this wall for all your young people here.
是的。
Yes.
好的。
K.
我敢拿我的生命打赌,你的富达计划里确实有。
So I am willing to bet my life on it that your Fidelity plan Yes.
里面有一种叫做目标日期共同基金的东西。
Has what's called a target dated mutual fund in it.
目标日期共同基金。
Target dated mutual fund.
好的。
Okay.
因为这现在是所有401(k)计划中的主流配置。
Because this is what's in the bulk of all four zero one k plans now.
所以在大多数401(k)计划中,你都有一个目标日期共同基金。
So in the bulk of four zero one k plans, you have a target dated mutual fund.
这种基金是一种资产配置型基金,由专业人员管理股票和债券的组合,并根据你退休的年龄进行动态再平衡。
And what that does is that is an an asset allocation fund that is professionally managed between stocks and bonds, and it is created to be rebalanced towards your age of retirement.
所以年轻时风险更高,年老时更保守?
So higher risk when you're younger and more conservative when you're older?
没错。
Exactly.
这是我给99%拥有401(k)计划的人的建议,因为这一切都为你打理好了。
That is the my recommendation for ninety nine percent of people who have four zero one k plans because it is done for you.
你不需要自己操心。
You don't need to think.
收益一直还不错,然后就别管它了。
The returns have been just fine, and then just leave it alone.
所以我们知道那些投资于401(k)计划并任其自然发展的普通人,最终往往实现了财务自由。
And so we know people who invest in their four zero one k plans and just leave it alone, they're the ones who end up being financially free.
我在这里给你讲的都是完整的退休规划课程。
The other thing we see I'm giving you like the full blown retirement planning lessons here.
并不是每个人都会在一家公司待上二十六年。
Not everybody stays at a job for twenty six years.
所以有些人会在这里有一个401(k)计划,然后离开这里去别处。
So some people are gonna have a four zero zero one k plan here, then they're gonna leave here and go somewhere else.
我不愿这么说,但确实会发生。
I hate to say it just happens.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
所以你绝对不该做的第一件事就是把钱取出来。
So what you shouldn't do, number one, is cash it out.
年轻人经常把401(k)计划里的钱取出来。
Now young people cash out four zero one k plans all the time.
为什么?
Why?
因为他们账户里的钱还不多。
Because they don't have a lot in it yet.
于是他们想,反正也就一万美元。
So they go, well, it's $10,000.
这钱也不算多。
It's not that much money.
对吧。
Right.
所以我想去旅行。
And so I wanna go on a trip.
他们把钱取出来了。
And they cash it out.
他们要缴税,还要付罚款。
They pay tax, and they pay penalties.
不仅仅是你把那1万美元取出来,还有一半因为税费和罚款没了。
It's not just that you took the $10,000 out and lost half of it to taxes and penalties.
你还失去了所有的复利收益。
You lost all the compound interest.
那1万美元在四十年后,光是本金就可能增值到5万到10万美元。
That $10,000 in forty years could easily be just the $10,000 alone could be worth 50 to $100.
有人离职了。
Somebody leaves.
他们去了别的地方。
They go somewhere else.
他们需要做的是所谓的转存。
What they need to do is what's called a rollover.
好的。
K.
所以有两种方式可以进行资金转存。
So there's two ways to roll money over.
他们可以回到富达,因为你说过你的计划是在富达,他们可以告诉富达:我要离开了,我想把钱转到IRA账户。
They can go back to Fidelity because that's where you told me your plan is, and they can tell Fidelity I'm leaving, and I wanna move it into an IRA account.
富达可以通过电话在五秒内完成这个操作。
And Fidelity can do that on the phone in five seconds.
basically,就是填一些表格。
Basically, you know, I fill out some paperwork.
他们会把钱转到IRA账户。
They'll move it into an IRA account.
你可以保持完全相同的投资。
You can have the exact same investment.
现在这笔钱在你的名下,属于IRA账户。
Now it's in your name, in an IRA account.
他们没有把钱留在这里。
They didn't leave it here.
好。
K.
这非常重要。
That's really important.
你不应该把钱留在旧的401(k)计划里。
You shouldn't leave money in old four zero one k plans.
或者他们找到新工作后,可以根据新公司的计划,将资金转入新的401(k)计划。
Or they'll get a new job, and they can roll it into, depending on the plan, the new four zero one k plan.
好。
K.
根据新计划的情况,这可能是一个很好的选择。
That can be a great way to go depending on the new plan.
然而,人们在转移这笔资金时常犯的错误是,资金转入新计划后被放成了现金。
The mistake that people make, however, when they roll this money over is that it rolls into a new plan and it gets put in cash.
所以这笔钱不会被投入基金。
And so that doesn't get put into a fund.
天啊。
Oh my gosh.
我知道。
I know.
所以这可能会让人们损失巨额资金。
So so that can cost people a fortune.
他们,你听到吗?
They I do you hear that?
有太多人了,我听到有人在说:分享,分享,分享,因为这种事情就是人们觉得你没做对。
There are so many I hear somebody going share, share, share because this is like one of those things where it's just like People don't think you're doing the right thing.
人们根本不知道。
People don't know.
这有时候真让我想哭,因为人们就是不知道。
It actually can make me cry sometimes because people just don't know.
所以我再告诉你另一件会发生的事。
So I'll give you another thing that happens.
有人在这里完全做对了,就在梅尔·罗宾斯这里。
Someone's doing everything right here at Mel Robbins.
他们听这个播客。
They listen to this podcast.
是的。
Yes.
他们注册了14%。
They signed up for 14%.
是的。
Yes.
他们听我说过不要只留在梅尔·罗宾斯,于是他们去了新公司。
They heard me say don't leave it at Mel Robbins, and they go to their new employer.
对。
Yep.
这笔钱会被转入他们的新计划,而新计划默认将你设置为3%的储蓄率。
It gets rolled into their new plan, and the new plan opts you in at 3%.
所以他们原本的储蓄率是14%。
So they were at 14% savings.
他们被默认设置为3%,却没去调整回来。
They got opted in at 3%, and they don't get in there and change it.
全球最大的基金公司之一先锋集团最近对此做了一项研究。
So Vanguard, one of the largest fund companies in world, just did a study on this.
先锋集团认为,仅这一项错误——你从一个计划转到另一个计划,原本的储蓄率是固定的,却被默认设置为更低的比率,且没有重新调高——就让普通人损失了高达30万美元的退休金。
Vanguard thinks that that single mistake alone, that one simple mistake, you switched from one plan to another, you were saving at a certain rate, you got opt in at a lower rate, you didn't bump it back up again, is costing the average person $300,000 in retirement.
什么?
What?
我居然完全不知道这件事。
And it's just you I didn't know this.
我简直想立刻中断采访,跑去查一下我的账户,确认自己有没有做对。
I I'm I'm literally wanna stop the interview and go run and pull up, like, my stuff and just make sure I'm doing the work.
你之后的4000美元就没了。
Your $4.00 k for it afterwards.
但这太惊人了。
But I I that's incredible.
我知道。
I know.
如果你做不到12%,嗯。
Now if you can't do the 12% Mhmm.
你还是应该尽量做你能做到的百分比。
You should still do whatever percentage you can.
还是你应该直接定12%,然后再看能不能下调?
Or should you just say, do the 12% and see if you can scale back?
好的。
Okay.
在理想情况下,我们干脆直接一步到位,定12%。
In an ideal world, let's just rip the band aid off and go do the 12%.
那确实是理想情况
That's that's the ideal
世界。
world.
因为发生的情况是,你已经和数百万人做过这个了
Because what happened you've done this with millions
了很多人。
of people.
当你果断行动、直接开始时,你第一个月就会明显感觉到。
When you rip the Band Aid off and you just go do it, you're gonna notice it honestly the first month.
第二个月,感觉会好一点。
Second month, a little bit less.
到了第三个月,你就察觉不到了。
And third month, you won't notice it.
所以到第三个月时,你会自己调整开支吗?
So by the third month, you will have adjusted your own spending?
已经适应了。
Adjusted.
而且让我告诉你,因为我以前总是到处说话。
And here's and let me give you an I because I used to speak all the time every all over the place.
我会对观众说,尤其是在这种经济环境下,让我问你们一个问题。
And I would say to an audience, especially when you're headed in an economy like this, let me ask you guys a question.
我们坦诚一点吧。
Let's be honest for a second.
如果我今天来办公室对你们说,真的很抱歉。
If I come into the office today and I say to you, I'm really sorry.
情况很艰难。
Things are tough.
我爱你们。
I I love you.
你们太棒了。
You're amazing.
我们重视你们。
You we value you.
你们是我们长期计划的一部分。
We you're a part of our plan long term.
目前,我们需要将你们的工资降低10%,但我们希望你们能留下。
And for right now, we need to cut your pay by 10%, but we want you to stay.
你们中有多少人会留下?
How many of you are staying?
大多数人会选择留下。
Most people are staying.
所以,当你在房间里提出这个问题,当人们诚实地面对自己时,大多数人还是会留下。
So, like, when you're a room and you ask that question and people are honest with themselves, most people will stay.
他们会接受这10%的工资削减。
They'll they'll take the 10% pay cut.
然后我会问:为什么你们能在工作中接受10%的工资削减,却无法给自己减掉10%的开支呢?
And then I go, why would you take the 10% pay cut at work, but you can't give yourself a 10% pay cut?
我根本不是在要求你接受10%的降薪。
I'm not even asking you to take the 10% pay cut.
我只是让你把这10%为自己存起来。
I'm just asking you to put the 10% away for yourself.
有趣的是,你说得对。
You know what's interesting about that is you're right.
你会接受这10%的降薪,因为你立刻意识到找新工作并赚到同样多的钱会更难,与其这样,不如直接接受降薪,或者你可能本来就喜欢这份工作之类的。
You would take the 10% because you immediately perceive that it would be harder to get a different job and make the money, and it'd be easier to just take the cut, or maybe you like the job or whatever and
你会调整。
you adjust.
那第二件事你会怎么做?
And what's the second thing you would do?
嗯,其实你刚已经说了。
You well, actually, you just said it.
你会调整。
You just adjust.
你会适应的。
You'd adjust.
是的。
Yes.
你会适应的。
You'd adjust.
然后你就习惯了,却没意识到我们其实可以做出决定,减少开支,把你说的那12%存下来,投资于我们自己的自由。
And then you get used But to the fact that you're paying we don't think about the fact that we could make a decision to adjust to living on less in order to take that money, that 12% you're talking about, and invest it in our own freedom.
我们是被动地适应。
We adjust reactively.
我们并不总是愿意主动调整。
We don't always wanna adjust proactively.
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
我从你这里学到的,大卫,是如果你曾经觉得扭转财务状况已经太晚了,其实并没有。
What I'm learning from you, David, is that if you ever thought it's too late to turn your finances around, it's not.
财务自由始于小事。
Financial freedom starts small.
一切都在于习惯。
It's all about the habits.
关键是系统。
It's about systems.
你知道我最喜欢什么吗?
And you know what I love?
我喜欢你解释的方式,因为它感觉可行且重要。
I love the way you explain it because it feels doable and important.
我知道你在听的时候也有这种感觉,别走开,因为大卫才刚刚进入状态。
And I know you're feeling that way too as you are listening, and don't go anywhere because David is just getting warmed up.
他有很多具体的工具、具体的策略,还会和你分享更多错误经验,帮你彻底掌控财务状况。
He has so many specific tools, specific tactics, more mistakes to share with you that are gonna help you get a handle on your finances once and for all.
我还会请你花一点时间,把这段内容分享给生活中那些需要摆脱债务、想要积累真正财富的人。
And I'm also gonna ask you to please take a moment to share this with the people in your life who need to get out of debt, who want to build real wealth.
我们马上回来,继续聆听大卫·巴赫的分享,请不要走开。
We'll be right back with more from David Bach when he return, so stay with me.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your buddy Mel Robbins.
今天,你和我将跟随大卫·巴赫学习如何摆脱债务、建立真正财富的精华课程。
And today, you and I are getting a master class in getting out of debt and building real wealth with none other than David Bach.
他是全球顶尖的金融专家之一。
He's one of the world's top financial experts.
他撰写了十本《纽约时报》畅销书。
He's written 10 New York Times bestsellers.
今天,大卫带来了所有你需要的工具和要点,帮助你从为财务焦虑不安,转变为真正掌控局面。
And today, David is here with all the tools and takeaways you need to go from feeling stressed about your finances to taking control.
好了,大卫,我们继续吧。
All right, David, let's just jump back in.
我在想,我们的一个孩子,我们的女儿,她是个歌手兼词曲作者,同时还要做很多其他兼职,比如当服务员、接演出、做保姆或零售工作,只要是能赚钱的她都做。
I'm thinking about, one of our kids, our daughter, who's a singer songwriter, and she works a bunch of other side jobs, you know, whether it's waitressing or picking up gigs or babysitting or retail, anything she can to make money.
对于那些不在有401(k)计划的公司工作的人,他们该怎么办呢?
What does somebody in that situation do if they don't work somewhere with a four zero one k?
你正在自动存多少钱?
What are you making automatic?
所以,实际上,最大的问题是,那些没有401(k)计划的人没有自动化的退休账户。
So so, actually, the single biggest problem is we don't have automatic retirement accounts for people who don't have four zero one k plans.
哦。
Oh.
不过,她可以让这件事变得自动化。
However, she can make it automatic.
她只需要付出一点努力就行了。
She just she just has to do the work.
对吧?
Right?
那她该怎么做呢?
So what does she do?
她可以去像书中提到的富达、嘉信理财、先锋集团这样的公司。
She can go to, like in the book, Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard.
我只是在这里列举一些公司。
I'm just listing firms here.
是的。
Yeah.
Coinbase、Robinhood、Acorns。
Coinbase, Robinhood, Acorns.
她需要选择一家公司。
She needs to pick a firm.
对。
Yep.
就她的情况而言,我不知道她赚多少钱,但她可以先开一个IRA账户。
In her case, I don't know how much money she's making, but she could start with an IRA account.
好的。
Okay.
所以她可以开一个罗斯IRA账户。
So she could do a Roth IRA.
罗斯IRA是用税后资金投入的。
So Roth IRAs are after tax money.
好的。
Okay.
好处是资金增长免税,取出时也免税。
The advantages of money grows tax free, and it comes out tax free.
对于年轻人来说,如果她今年打算投资,额度是7500美元,对。
For young people, if she's gonna say that this year, it's gonna be $7,500 Yep.
我会建议她开一个罗斯IRA账户。
I would tell her to do a Roth IRA.
好的。
K.
如果她需要税收减免,以她的年龄并不需要这个税收减免。
If she needs a tax deduction, she doesn't need the tax deduction in her age.
不。
No.
所以她应该选择罗斯IRA。
So so so she should do a Roth IRA.
好的。
K.
所以我想说对于
So I So for
对于做零售工作、月光族、最低工资的人来说,仍然可以开设罗斯IRA。
somebody that's working a retail job, they're paycheck to paycheck, they're, like, minimum wage, you can still do a Roth IRA.
每个人都可以开设罗斯IRA。
Everyone can do a Roth IRA.
好的。
Okay.
你只需要上网点击几个按钮就能开通。
And all you gotta do is go online and click some buttons and open it.
好的。
Okay.
然后你可以让钱从你的工资中自动扣除。
And then you can have money taken out of your paycheck.
嗯,不是从你的工资。
Well, not your paycheck.
你可以让钱从你的支票账户中扣除,好的。
You can have money taken out of your checking account K.
你发工资的时候。
When you get paid.
所以回到自动化的部分。
So going back to making automatic.
当你在工作时赚到钱,如今大多数情况下,他们其实希望你自动入账。
When you make money at a job, that paycheck today, most cases, they actually wanna deposit it automatically.
是的。
Yes.
他们不想给你支票。
They don't wanna give you a check.
对。
Correct.
发支票的整个方式正在消失。
And the whole day of giving you checks is going away.
所以,在零售行业工作时,当钱存入账户,很多零售工作实际上都有401(k)计划。
So when the money is deposited on a retail job see, a lot of retail jobs actually all have four zero one k plans.
人们不使用这些计划,因为他们觉得自己不会长期待在这里。
People just don't use them because they, like, they think to themselves, I'm not staying here.
这也是个错误,因为人们在零售岗位上会待两三年、四五年,却一点都没存下钱。
That's a mistake too because people stay in retail jobs two, three, four, five years, and they haven't saved anything.
但如果她不打算使用当前零售工作提供的计划,而选择开设一个罗斯IRA账户,她可以设置在工资入账后的第二天自动从她的支票账户扣款。
But if she's not gonna use a plan at a retail job that she has and she opens up a Roth IRA, she sets up the account to debit her checking account the day after her account is deposited.
她知道自己的工资什么时候到账。
She knows when her check's being deposited.
对吧?
Right?
所以,对于每月1号和15号到账的工资,Roth IRA账户可以自动从她的支票账户中扣除一定金额,比如50美元、100美元或200美元,转入IRA账户。
So, like, for checks deposited on the first and the fifteenth, the Roth IRA, the account can pull the money, whatever it is, $50, a $100, $200, out of her checking account and move it into the IRA account.
所有这些都可以在同一个地方完成。
And it can all be done in the same place.
就应该在同一个地方办理。
It should be done in the same place.
这样会让你的生活更轻松。
It makes your life easier.
明白了。
Got it.
这就是退休账户。
So that's the retirement account.
好的。
Okay.
好的?
Okay?
现在她应该去处理安全账户了,因为她还有一件事应该做。
Now she would get to the security account because there's a second thing she should do.
好的。
Okay.
每个人都应该这么做。
And everyone should do this.
这是自动的,每个人都应该这么做。
This is the automatic Everyone should do this.
她需要开始建立一个安全账户,也就是应急账户。
She needs to start building a security account, an emergency account.
应急账户就是存钱以应对突发情况。
An emergency account is how is setting aside money for an emergency.
这不是为了旅行。
It's not for a trip.
这不是为了考虑人们用应急资金做的其他上万件事。
It's not for think of 10,000 other things that people use emergency money for.
我要重新装修我的房子。
Gonna redo my house.
我要重新打理我的院子。
I'm gonna redo the yard.
不。
No.
这是为了应对紧急情况。
It's for an emergency.
所以这笔钱会被转入一个独立的账户。
So the money gets moved into a separate account.
好的。
K.
嗯?
K?
这个账户应该放在货币市场基金里。
That account should be in a money market.
好。
K.
原因是它需要保持流动性。
The reason is it should be liquid.
好。
K.
好。
K.
所以目前货币市场账户的收益率大约是4%。
So a money market account right now at this moment is paying about 4%.
回报不算高,但很安全。
It's not a big return, but it's safe.
它是流动的。
It's liquid.
所以我现在在给富达免费做宣传,但我们就用一家真正的券商吧。
So I'm giving Fidelity a bunch of free press here, but let's just use a real brokerage firm.
好的。
Okay.
好的。
Okay.
她把钱存到富达。
She's she deposits her money at Fidelity.
是的。
Yep.
这笔钱实际上进入了富达的支票账户。
And that money actually goes into a Fidelity checking account.
好的。
K.
在她那个富达账户里,她有一个罗斯IRA。
Now in that Fidelity account that she has, she has a Roth IRA.
明白了。
Got
嗯。
it.
所以钱已经转入了罗斯IRA。
So the money's moved to the Roth IRA.
是的。
Yep.
她还有一个单独的货币市场账户,那是
And she has a separate money market Which is
你的应急账户。
your emergency account.
那就是应急账户。
Which is the emergency account.
好的。
Okay.
行吗?
K?
如果我们想要更复杂一点,那么第三件事是她有一个梦想账户。
Now if we're gonna get super sophisticated, then the third thing is you have a dream account.
梦想账户是用来存她从现在到退休和应对紧急情况之间想做的所有事情的钱。
And the dream account is for all the things that she's gonna wanna do between now and retirement and emergencies.
所以也许她的梦想是今年年底去墨西哥。
And so maybe her dream is to go to Mexico at the end of the year.
太好了。
Great.
她每次发工资都会在梦想账户里存一笔钱,用来支付这笔开销。
She puts money aside every paycheck in the dream account to pay for that.
明白了。
Got it.
所以如果我把14%的收入用于退休储蓄,其中12%到14%是给退休的,那我在货币市场和梦想账户里分别投多少呢?
So if I'm doing 14%, 12% to 14% in the retirement, what am I doing in the money market, and what am I doing in the dream account?
这取决于你有多认真。
So it depends on how serious you are.
是的。
Yep.
但我建议人们把3%到5%的资金存入应急账户。
But I would tell people to be putting 3% to 5% in the emergency account.
好的。
Okay.
然后你可以根据自己的意愿决定往梦想账户里存多少。
And then I would choose how much you wanna put in the dream account.
好的。
Okay.
最快实现梦想的方式就是为它存钱。
The fastest way to get the dreams done is you fund for it.
实现梦想的方式就是为它们投资。
The way dreams come true is you fund for them.
我知道人们会想,天哪。
So I know people are like, oh my god.
他谈的这笔钱也太多了吧。
This is so much money he's talking about.
所以对于那些我之前跳过的人,
So for people who don't because I skipped over this.
对于那些觉得自己不可能从零做到14%的人,是的。
For people who don't believe they can go from zero to 14% Yep.
我说过,有些人就是死活不肯改变。
And I said, you know, some people are just like their heels are dug in.
或者他们害怕,或者他们受父权思想影响。
Or they're scared or they're patriarchal.
或者
Or
存1%。
Put 1%.
1%。
1%.
就做一点,为什么只做一次呢?当你已经……因为你是
Just do some why do just one per like, what benefit does that have when you're already, like Because you're
因为你已经注册了。
signed because you're signed up.
你会意识到,如果你只做1%,根本感觉不到变化。
And what you'll realize is if you do 1%, you won't notice it.
几个月后,你就可以提高到2%。
And then a couple months later, you can go to two percent.
再过几个月,你就可以提高到3%。
And then a couple months later, you can go to 3%.
如果你直接从1%开始,真相是这样的。
If you just went from one here's the truth.
你可以在一年内做到这一点。
You can do this in a year.
一月做1%,二月做1%,就坚持每年做1%。
You go 1% January, 1% in February, just do 1% a year.
你根本不会注意到你的开支变化了1%。
You'll never notice your expenses changing by 1%.
如果你每个月都这么做,你会注意到总共增加了12%。
You're And if you did it every month, you'll notice be by 12%
你也不会注意到你的收入变化了1%。
by You the won't notice your income changing by 1%.
根本不可能察觉到。
There's just no way.
首先,这甚至都不到1%。
First of all, it's not even 1%.
实际上每美元大概只有75美分,对吧。
It's more like 75¢, right, for every dollar.
这根本不是整整一个百分点,因为你没有缴税。
It's like it's not a whole full percent because you're not paying taxes.
所以,如果你一年只存1%,到年底你就会存到12%。
So that 1%, if you just did 1% a year for a year at the end of the year, you'd be at 12%.
你会存下平均有退休账户的美国人储蓄金额的四倍。
You'd be saving four times what the average American who has a retirement account saves.
这感觉真的很容易做到。
That feels so doable.
这完全可以做到。
It's doable.
梅尔,是这样的。
Mel, here's the thing.
我们怎么知道这真的可行呢?
How do we know it's doable?
目前退休账户里已经有44万亿美元了。
There's $44,000,000,000,000 now in retirement accounts.
让这个信息沉淀一下。
Let that settle for a second.
这里有四万亿,这仅仅是美国的数据。
There's four this is just in The US.
退休账户中总共有44万亿美元。
There's $44,000,000,000,000 in retirement accounts.
包括个人退休账户、401(k)计划,以及其他各种退休账户。
IRAs, four zero one k plans, all these different retirement accounts.
这一切都发生在过去三四十年,但大部分是在最近二十年内发生的。
This has all happened in the last thirty, forty years, but the most of it's happened in last twenty years.
你该怎么做?我忘了问你。
What should you I forgot to ask you.
你应该把梦想账户投资到哪里?
What should you invest the dream account in?
那是货币市场账户吗?
Is that a money market account?
你的梦想是一年后实现吗?
Is your dream a year?
你的梦想是两年内实现吗?
Is your dream in two years?
你的梦想是三年内实现吗?
Is your dream in three years?
你的梦想是五年内实现吗?
Is your dream in five years?
比如,如果你的梦想是买房,就像你花了十年才还清债务一样,大多数人不可能突然间就买得起房子。
Like, if your dream is to buy a house, just like it took you ten years to get out of debt, most people can't just turn around and buy a house.
所以,如果你说,我今年22岁。
So if you're like, look, I'm 22 years old.
我确实希望有朝一日能买一套房子。
I really someday do want to buy a house.
我们会聊聊租房和买房的区别。
We'll talk about the difference between renting and owning.
这可能需要你五年时间。
It might take you five years.
所以你的时间越长,就可以越激进一些。
So the longer you have, the more aggressive you can be.
所以如果你告诉我,你一年或两年内就需要用这笔钱,我会建议你把钱放在货币市场基金里。
So if you're telling me you need the money in a year or two, I'm going to have you put in a money market account.
如果你告诉我,你的这个梦想五年内都不会实现,我会建议你把它放在平衡型共同基金里。
If you tell me you don't you're not gonna have this dream come true for five years, I'm gonna have you put it in a balanced mutual fund.
这是一种由60%股票和40%债券组成的共同基金。
That's a that's a mutual fund that's 60% stock and 40% bond.
好的。
Okay.
而且我这里已经算是保守了。
If and that I'm being conservative here.
对吧?
Right?
所以如果你告诉我,七年以后才用钱,我会建议你全部投资股票。
So if you'd say to me it's seven years out, I'm gonna have you invest probably all stocks.
说到股票,你应该去挑选个股吗?
Now speaking of stocks, should you try to pick individual stocks?
绝对不要。
Absolutely freaking not.
真的吗?
Really?
当然了。
Absolutely.
尽管我七岁时在麦当劳买了第一只股票,九岁时又买了迪士尼的第二只股票。
Even even though I started by buying my first stock at McDonald's at age seven, and I bought my second stock at nine in Disney.
好吧。
And okay.
所以我会说得前后矛盾。
So I'm gonna talk out of both sides of my mouth.
我学会投资是因为祖母帮我买了第一只股票,是的。
I learned how to invest because my grandmother helped me buy my first stock Yep.
在七岁时买的麦当劳股票。
In McDonald's at age seven.
好吧。
K.
在麦当劳,她对我说,你知道,世界上有三种人。
At McDonald's, she said to me, you know, there's three types of people in the world.
世界就是这样运作的。
This is how the world works.
有一种人像你一样,走进麦当劳花钱消费。
There's people like you who come in McDonald's and you spend money.
你被称为消费者。
You're called a consumer.
她说,还有一种人在这里工作。
She goes, there's people who work here.
他们是员工。
They're employees.
他们拿最低工资。
They make minimum wage.
在美国,这样的人很多。
That's a lot of people in America.
靠这个谋生很难。
It's a tough way to make a living.
然后她说,还有老板。
And then she said, and then there's owners.
老板拥有这个地方。
And the owners own this place.
今天我要教你如何购买麦当劳的股票,这样当你来这里时,你就是老板了。
And I'm gonna teach you today how to buy stock in McDonald's so that when you come here, you're an owner.
她带我回家,拿出《华尔街日报》,圈出了MCD——这是麦当劳的股票代码,即使在那时也是如此。
And she took me home and she took out The Wall Street Journal and she circled MCD, which is a ticker, even back then, from McDonald's.
她让我坐在电视前,就是那种底部滚动股票行情的电视屏幕。
She sat me in front of a TV screen the you know, the TV screen where the tickers go across the bottom.
有趣的是,大多数人甚至不知道那是什么。
Funny thing is most people don't even know what those are.
那些是股票代码。
Those are stock symbols.
她对我说,当你看到MCD时,我要你喊出价格并记下来。
And she's like, when you see MCD, I want you to call out the price and write it down.
然后你再回来这里,我们来看看价格是多少,再翻看报纸。
And then you're gonna come back here, and we're gonna look at what prices is, and we're gonna look in the newspaper.
明天,我们就要去经纪公司。
And then tomorrow, we're gonna go down to the brokerage firm.
我们会帮你买一股麦当劳的股票,这样你就拥有了这家餐厅的一部分。
We're gonna buy you one share of McDonald's, and you're gonna own a piece of this restaurant.
你现在就进入了美国的投资体系。
And you'll now be in the American system of investing.
我当时七岁。
I was seven years old.
九岁时,我和她一起去了迪士尼乐园。
At nine years old, I'm with her at Disneyland.
我当时说,你能买下这个地方吗?
I'm like, can you buy this place?
她回答,当然可以。
She's like, yeah.
所以她在我很小的时候就教会我以投资者的思维思考。
So she so she taught me at a young age to think like an investor.
现在我也对我的孩子们做了同样的事。
Now I have done the same thing with my kids.
K。
K.
我的孩子们并不拥有麦当劳。
My kids don't own McDonald's.
他们拥有像Shake Shack这样的公司。
They own things like Shake Shack.
对吧?
Right?
这是一只很棒的股票。
It's been a great stock.
但他们拥有的是自己感兴趣的东西。
But they own things that they're interested in.
他们拥有亚马逊。
They own Amazon.
他们拥有Meta。
They own Meta.
他们持有一些个股。
They got a handful of individual stocks.
然而,我的孩子们也知道我不希望他们持有个股。
However, my kids also know I don't want them owning individual stocks.
我希望他们投资指数基金。
I want them owning index funds.
所以他们有一些个股,但他们也有一个投资组合。
So they got a few individual stocks, but they have a portfolio.
我只是给你看看我平时是怎么做的。
I'm just giving you, like, behind the scenes of my go.
家庭。
Family.
是的。
Yeah.
这正是每个父母都想了解的。
This is exactly what every parent wants to know.
你平时是怎么做的
What are you doing
我的孩子和我的投资组合几乎完全一样。
with I your have my kids in portfolios almost are identical to mine.
所以我为他们设立了小型投资组合,但我让我的财务顾问为他们构建了和我一样的投资组合,只是因为她们更年轻,所以稍微激进一点。
So I have them they're small portfolios, but I have my financial adviser built the same portfolio that I have, a little bit more aggressive because they're younger.
我会让他们持有这些ETF指数基金,因为这是最好的投资方式。
And I will have them in these portfolios of ETFs, exchange traded mutual funds, because that's the best way to invest.
这就是分散投资。
That's that's diversification.
不费时间、成本低、税务高效,而且你不会搞砸。
Doesn't take time, low cost, tax efficient, and you won't screw it up.
每个人都想知道你投资的是哪只基金。
Everyone wants to know what fund are you in.
让我告诉你一只基金。
Let me give you one fund.
告诉我。
Tell me.
因为我确实列出了所有这些基金。
Because I've got all I literally have all these funds listed
在这里。
in here.
好的。
Alright.
你在第几页?
What page are you on?
但我现在在第135页。
But I'm on page one thirty five.
所以有一只先锋基金。
So there's a fund by Vanguard.
是的。
Yep.
好的。
Okay.
这只基金叫做先锋
This fund is called the Vanguard
我就在这一只。
I'm in that one.
总股票市场。
Total stock market.
是的。
Yeah.
我知道我投资了
I know I'm invested in
就是这一只。
that one.
如果你还没投资这只基金,它的ETF代码是VTI。
Of you who aren't invested in this, the symbol is VTI if you buy the ETF.
这只基金包含了3600只股票。
This fund has 3,600 stocks in it.
也就是说,你基本上拥有3600家公司的股份。
Meaning, you're basically an owner in 3,600 companies.
你成为了美国的股东。
You're an owner of America.
好的。
Okay.
所以,如果一个人不知道该从哪里开始,这就成了一个起点。
So so so that starts like, if a person's like, I don't know what to start with.
比如,你带你女儿这么做。
Like, you took your daughter.
直接把钱存入罗斯IRA账户和VTI基金。
Just stick the money in the Roth IRA and the VTI fund.
好的。
Okay.
她就都涵盖了。
She's covered.
3500只股票。
3,500 stocks.
所以我在这里列出了所有不同的指数基金。
So I list all the different index funds in here.
从指数基金开始。
Start with an index fund.
这会让您的生活更轻松。
It just makes your life easy.
而且,我还想说一点。
And, also, I wanna say something.
这对年轻人来说非常重要。
This is really important for young people.
年轻人最大的误区是,认为年轻时应该用钱冒险,追求激进投资。
The greatest myth for young people is that that's the time to be aggressive with your money and take risk.
让我解释一下。
Let me explain that.
等等。
Wait.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。