本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嘿。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔,欢迎收听梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
It's your friend Mel, and welcome to the Mel Robbins podcast.
如果你正处于二十多岁或三十多岁,我知道你现在对约会已经厌倦了。
If you're in your twenties or thirties, I know you've had it with dating right now.
我有两个女儿。
I've got two daughters.
她们都二十多岁,她们的所有朋友,无论男女,都在说约会环境有多糟糕。
They're in their twenties, and all of their friends, regardless of gender, are saying how toxic the dating scene is.
无休止的滑动、突然消失、每个人同时和无数人约会,却从不匹配真正感兴趣的人,或者你是否怀疑自己是否能遇到一个正常的人?
The endless swiping, the ghosting, the fact that everyone is dating a million people at the same time, not matching with people who you're actually interested in, or wondering, are you ever gonna meet anyone normal?
或者你可能不是二十多岁,但你和我一样。
Or maybe you're not in your twenties, but you're like me.
我是个父母。
I'm a parent.
或者你可能是叔叔或阿姨,听到外面的情况如此糟糕,你感到担忧。
Or maybe you're an aunt or an uncle, and you're worried because it sounds like a freaking nightmare out there.
所以我决定做点什么。
So I wanted to do something about it.
我请来了一位了不起的专家,他既是数据科学家,又是恋爱教练,你必须听一听他的观点。
I've called in an incredible expert who is a data scientist and a dating coach, and I need you to hear something.
如果你现在正在听我的声音,或者在YouTube上观看我,并开始觉得自己可能会永远单身,那你是错的。
If you're listening to my voice right now or you're watching me on YouTube and you're starting to think you're gonna be single forever, you're wrong.
今天,你将了解到在恋爱方面,有一些经过数据支持的具体方法是你必须做的。
Today, you're gonna learn that there are specific data supported things that you need to do when it comes to dating.
例如,你将知道如何修改你的交友软件个人资料,才能获得更多与你真正可能合得来的人的匹配。
For example, you're gonna learn exactly what you need to change on your dating app profile to get more matches with people that you actually might be compatible with.
其次,你将了解到每天可以做的一些具体事情,帮助你结识优秀的人。
Second, you're gonna learn specific things that you could be doing every single day in your life that will help you meet awesome people.
第三,你将了解关于‘瞬间火花’的误区,以及‘慢热’的重要性。
Third, you're gonna learn about the myth of the spark and the importance of the slow burn.
你还会了解到一些令人震惊的数据,关于真正促成匹配的因素,而这与你的想象完全不同。
You're also gonna learn shocking statistics about what actually creates a match, and it's not what you think.
最后,我们的专家列出了八个你需要问自己的问题,因为根据研究,你现在很可能在寻找错误的人,关注错误的事情。
And finally, our expert has eight questions you need to be asking yourself because based on the research, right now, you're probably looking for the wrong person, and you're focused on the wrong things.
今天,你和我将运用数据、研究和专家的情感建议,消除约会应用带来的挫败感,把主动权重新掌握在你自己手中。
Today, you and I are gonna use data, research, and expert relationship advice to take the frustration out of dating apps and put the power back in your hands.
那么,我们开始吧。
So let's get into it.
嗨。
Hey.
我是你的朋友梅尔。
It's your friend, Mel.
你在这里,我真是太兴奋了。
I'm so fired up that you're here.
能和你共度时光,一直是我莫大的荣幸。
It is always such an honor to spend time with you to be together.
我想花点时间欢迎新来的听众,因为这一集我知道正在全球范围内广泛传播,所以如果你是新听众,欢迎加入梅·罗宾斯播客大家庭,我想特别说明一件事。
I wanted to take a moment and welcome you if you're new because this is one of those episodes that I know is getting shared all over the planet, and so if you're brand new, welcome to the Mel Robbins Podcast family, and I wanna acknowledge something.
你知道,我已婚了。
You know, look, I'm married.
我今年五十多岁,但我想承认,当你在二十多岁、三十多岁时,会感受到一种独特的压力。
I'm in my fifties, but I wanna acknowledge that there is a unique sort of pressure that you can feel when you're in your twenties and thirties.
当你的朋友们纷纷成双成对时,你会开始想:我是不是永远都会是那个单身的人?
You know, as your friends start to pair off and you start wondering, am I always gonna be the single one?
我什么时候才能遇到一个让我深爱、并值得我被如此对待的人呢?接下来我想告诉你的是。
Am I ever going to find somebody that I fall in love with, who treats me the way that I deserve, and here's what I want you to know.
无论你是二十多岁、三十多岁正在约会,还是已经身处一段关系中却在为朋友收听,或者你像我一样是父母、叔伯姨婶,正试图帮助成年子女应对约会世界,这一集都是我送给你的礼物。
Whether you're in your twenties or thirties and you're dating, or you're already in a relationship but you're listening on behalf of one of your friends, or you're a parent like I am, or an aunt and uncle, and you're trying to help your adult kids navigate the dating world, this episode is my gift to you.
今天我们请到了一位了不起的嘉宾,洛根·尤里。
We've got an incredible guest in the studio today, Logan Urie.
她是一位受过哈佛大学训练的行为科学家,深谙现代约会的方方面面。
She is a Harvard trained behavioral scientist who knows the ins and outs of modern dating.
她曾领导谷歌的行为科学团队。
She ran Google's behavioral science team.
她是一位恋爱教练,教导单身人士做出必要的改变,以便找到配得上他们如此优秀的人。
She is a dating coach and teaches people who are single the changes that they need to make in order to find someone that deserves someone as awesome as they are.
她是Hinge的关系科学总监,我要先说一件事。
She is the director of relationship science at Hinge, and I'm gonna say something right up front.
这一集并不是由Hinge赞助的。
This is not an episode that's sponsored by Hinge.
我邀请Logan来是因为,我已经快没什么新话可以对生活中那些二十多岁、三十多岁的人说了。
I asked Logan to be on because I've kinda run out of things to say to the people in my life in their twenties and thirties.
但Logan拥有数据、科学依据和经过研究验证的建议,这些可能是你从未听过的。
But Logan has the data, the science, and the research backed advice that you've probably never heard before.
这一集献给生活中所有单身或在关系中挣扎的人。
This episode is for everyone in your life who is single or struggling in their relationships.
那么,不多说了,请大家欢迎Logan Urie来到《Mel Robbins播客》。
And without further ado, please help me welcome Logan Urie to the Mel Robbins Podcast.
洛根·乌里,欢迎来到梅尔·罗宾斯播客。
Logan Urie, welcome to the Mel Robbins Podcast.
很高兴能来到这里。
So happy to be here.
好的。
Okay.
我一直在期待你来到这个演播室,和我们深入探讨二十多岁和三十多岁的约会话题。
I have been so fired up for you to be here in this studio to have this conversation about dating in your twenties and your thirties.
其中一个原因是我有两个二十多岁的女儿,这里一百四十三工作室的一半团队都不到三十岁,我不断听到这个年龄段的人抱怨约会有多糟糕,说他们找不到人,正在退出社交软件,感到非常沮丧。
And one of the reasons why is because I have two daughters in their twenties, half of the team here at one hundred forty three Studios is early thirties and under, and I am hearing nothing but people complaining in that age group about how toxic dating is, about how they can't find anybody, how they're getting off the apps, how they're super discouraged.
我非常感激你搭飞机横跨全国来到这里,与我们分享你卓越的智慧,以及你通过与单身人士合作所积累的数据科学和经验。
And I'm so grateful that you hopped on a plane and flew all the way across country to share your amazing wisdom and this mix of data science and the wisdom that you have from working with people who are single and coaching them.
所以我想先说声谢谢,然后想问你:你能对正在收听的听众说几句话吗?
And so I just wanna start by saying thank you and then asking you, could you speak to the person listening?
如果听众采纳了你即将分享的关于在线约会平台的全部建议——如何利用它们为自己服务,以及现实生活中约会需要知道的一切——他们的生活会有什么不同?
What can the person listening expect to be different about their life if they take everything that you're about to teach us about the online dating platforms and how to use them to your advantage and also what you need to know about dating in real life?
他们的生活会有什么不同?
How is their life gonna change?
我迫不及待想和你深入探讨这些内容。
I can't wait to dig into all of this with you.
对于那些单身但并不想单身的听众,我真的很想帮助他们理解那些阻碍他们找到爱情的行为模式,以及该如何应对。
And for that person listening who is single and they don't wanna be, I really want to help them understand their patterns of behavior that are holding them back from finding love and then what to do about it.
他们一直以来都是按照自己的方式行事。
And they've been doing things their way their whole life.
我希望他们能以开放的心态参与这次对话,真正准备好以科学家的方式看待约会,用新的方式去尝试和验证自己的假设。
I want them to come into this conversation with an open mind and really be ready to think about dating like a scientist, dating in a new way, testing their theories.
因为可能他们认为应该和谁在一起,并不一定是那个能让他们长期幸福的人。
Because it might be that who they think they should be with is not who's gonna make them happiest long term.
我希望他们对我的建议持开放态度,也对约会对象持开放态度。
And I want them to be open minded about my advice and open minded about who they date.
以科学家的方式约会是什么意思?
What does dating like a scientist mean?
因为听起来很无聊,而且我
Because that sounds like boring and I
想到的是橡胶手套和烧杯。
think of rubber gloves and beakers.
像科学家一样约会,就是运用科学方法的精髓,如果你还记得高中生物课的话。
Dating like a scientist is taking the best of the scientific method if you can think back to biology class in high school.
那么会发生什么呢?
So what happens?
你会提出一个假设。
You come up with a hypothesis.
是的。
Yep.
然后你去验证它。
Then you test it.
你进行实验。
You run experiments.
然后你看看,我的假设是对还是错?
And you see was my hypothesis right or was my hypothesis wrong?
比如,对那些说自己拥有高等学位的听众来说。
So for example, to the listener out there who says, I have an advanced degree.
我需要找一个也有高等学位的人。
I need to be with someone who also has an advanced degree.
很好。
Great.
这就是你的假设。
That's your hypothesis.
让我们来验证一下。
Let's test it.
也许你真正想要的是一个富有求知欲的人。
Maybe what's going on is you actually just really want someone who's intellectually curious.
这种特质可能出现在上过大学和研究生的人身上,也可能出现在没上过大学但热爱阅读的人身上。
That can come with someone who went to college and grad school or someone who didn't but is a voracious reader.
你为什么不和一些没有高等学位的人出去约会,聊聊有趣的话题,看看他们是否能跟上你的思路并让你保持兴趣?
Why don't you go out with some people who don't have advanced degrees, talk about interesting topics, see if they can hold your conversation and keep you interested.
也许你会发现,你确实需要那个高等学位,但更可能的是,你会发现真正重要的是你想要的某种内在特质,而不是那个学位本身。
And maybe what you find out is that you did need that advanced degree, but more likely you find out that it was about some underlying trait that you wanted and not about the advanced degree.
所以,保持开放的心态去检验你的假设。
So be open to testing your assumptions.
所以,今天的对话主要围绕20多岁和30多岁的人。
So the conversation today is really about 20 year olds and 30 year olds.
我特别关注20多岁这一群体,因为我的孩子就处在那个阶段。
And I'm hyper focused on the 20 because that's where my kids are.
而我也听到最多抱怨的就是这个年龄段的人。
And that's where I hear the most amount of complaining.
我非常高兴你能来,因为你曾在谷歌工作,拥有哈佛大学的心理学学位,还在Hinge担任了五年什么职位?
And I was very excited to have you here because you've been at Google, you have a psychology degree from Harvard, you've spent five years as what is the title you have at Hinge?
关系科学总监。
Director of relationship science.
只是对你这个正在听的人说一下,你可能会想:好吧,她是来自Hinge的。
And just for you listening right now who is like, okay, she's from Hinge.
所以她只会告诉我要用这些应用。
So she's just gonna tell me to use the apps.
Hinge并没有赞助这一集。
Hinge is not paying for this episode.
Logan Urie来了,她带来了这些智慧,帮助你充分利用这些工具。
Logan Urie is here, and she is bringing all this wisdom to help you use it to your advantage.
你在任何在线应用上都做了一些错误的事,同时在现实生活中你也有一些错误行为,这些也是问题的一部分。
And there are things that you're doing wrong on any online app, and there's also things that you're doing wrong in real life that are part of the problem.
我们要把应用层面和现实生活的部分区分开来。
And we're gonna separate the app from the real life piece of this.
那么首先,关于这个年龄段,你观察到了什么?这样我们才能让大家明白他们的经历是正常的。
And so first of all, what are you seeing when it comes to this age group so we can normalize people's experience?
我听到的和你一样,很多人说感到精疲力尽,或者非常怀念没有约会应用的过去,他们浪漫化那段时光,觉得‘我只是想自然地相遇’。
I'm hearing the same things that you are where a lot of people are talking about being burned out or a lot of people are yearning for this previous age before the dating apps where they kind of romanticize it and think, I just wanna meet organically.
我只是想通过朋友和家人认识人。
I just wanna meet through friends and family.
我觉得非常重要的是要区分什么是约会本身,什么是自我暴露、冒险和被拒绝的心理体验,嗯。
And I feel like it's really important to separate what is dating in general, what is the psychological experience of putting yourself out there, taking risks, and getting rejected, Mhmm.
以及什么是具体的技术?
And what is specifically the technology?
我看到的情况是,很多人把这两者混为一谈,把在约会应用出现之前就一直存在的问题归咎于应用或技术。
And what I see happening is that a lot of people are conflating the two, and they are blaming apps or technology for something that has been happening in dating long before there were dating apps.
所以我想让大家记住一点:在人类历史的长河中,约会其实是很晚近的现象。
And so one thing I want people to keep in mind is that dating is relatively new in the span of human history.
是吗?
It is?
是的。
Yes.
所以,我们今天所知的约会文化,其实早在1890年左右、应用出现之前就已经开始了。
So it really started dating culture as we know it kind of pre apps in around 1890.
那是人们第一次真正外出约会,女性也开始在商店工作,自己结识伴侣。
That was one of the first times where people were actually going out and women were working in shops and they were meeting themselves.
在此之前,可能是媒人帮你安排,或者你父亲希望你嫁给隔壁的小伙子,以便合并两块土地。
Before that, it might be the matchmaker set you up or your father wanted you to marry the guy next door so that you could combine the two parcels of land.
所以,人类自己选择伴侣这个想法其实是新的。
So, actually, the idea of humans on their own choosing a partner is new.
如果你觉得这很难,那是因为对每个人来说都很难,因为在人类历史的长河中,我们才刚刚开始这样做不久。
And if it feels hard for you, it really feels hard for everyone because this is something new that in the span of human history, we just haven't been doing for very long.
所以我们说的是,大概从上两代人开始的。
So we're talking like two people ago that started, basically.
是的。
Yeah.
只有少数人
A few people were
还在学习中。
still learning.
你刚才说的这一点我特别想强调一下,因为作为一位母亲,我很好奇的一点是。
And the thing that you said that I really wanna highlight because one of the things that I'm curious about, particularly as a mother Mhmm.
现在很多人把责任都推给这些应用,我并不是说这些应用不值得被责备,但就我而言,应用的目的是帮助人们建立联系,而真正重要的,是你在现实生活中怎么做。
Is the fact that there's a lot of blaming of the apps, and I'm not saying that the apps don't deserve a lot of blame, but the purpose of the app, as far as I'm concerned, is to actually connect with people, and then your job is what you do in real life.
我想特别强调这一点:这里其实有两件事。
And I really wanna highlight this part that there are two things here.
一是你如何使用这个应用,但另一点——我对这一点持怀疑态度——那就是,现在人们只需在手机上翻一翻就变得太容易了,我认为,人们在现实生活中主动展现自我的勇气和胆量正在下降。
One is how you're using the app, but the other is, and I'm suspicious about this, that it's become too easy to just look on your phone and people, I believe, have become less courageous and brave with putting themselves out there in real life.
我是在酒吧认识我丈夫的。
I met my husband at a bar.
我们就是这样认识的。
That's how we met.
我转过身去和他搭话,而他当时是个陌生人。
And I met him by turning around and talking to him, and he was a stranger.
你将来会嫁的人,现在很可能还是个陌生人。
The person that you will marry is likely a stranger right now.
你周围到处都是陌生人。
And there are strangers everywhere around you.
那么,你在数据中或在辅导单身人士的经验中,是否发现人们愿意主动展示自我的意愿在下降?这种意愿自古以来就一直很难做到。
And so are you seeing anything in the data or anything in your experience coaching people who are single about how there is a decrease in a willingness to put yourself out there, which has always been hard since the beginning of time?
我们确实看到越来越少的人愿意主动展示自己。
We're absolutely seeing fewer people willing to put themselves out there.
人们对被拒绝有着极大的恐惧,尤其是在Z世代中尤为明显。
There's a huge fear of rejection, and we're especially seeing this in Gen Z.
他们特别害怕被拒绝的可能性,这导致他们不敢冒险。
They are particularly sensitive to the idea that they could be rejected, and it's causing them to take fewer risks.
这让我非常担忧,不仅在约会方面,而是在生活的方方面面,因为大多数值得拥有的东西,都需要你主动出击并承担被拒绝的风险。
And this really scares me not just in dating, but in all aspects of life because most things worth having are things that you have to put yourself out there for and risk being told no.
我想指出的另一点是,注重质量而非数量。
The other thing I wanna point out is focus on quality over quantity.
当然,人们可能会倾向于把Hinge当作一场人气竞赛。
Of course, there can be a tendency to want to use Hinge as a popularity contest.
有多少人会喜欢我?
How many people can like me?
我能用这个来提升自我价值感吗?
Can I use this as an ego boost?
但我不希望你用它来寻求关注,而是希望你用它来建立联系。
But instead of using it for attention, I want you to use it for connection.
所以我经常告诉人们,同时要少和几个人聊天。
And so I often tell people, talk to fewer people at the same time.
同时处理太多对话真的很难,你可能会因为匹配了某个人,却被其他人分散了注意力,而错过一段绝佳的连接。
It's really hard to juggle a lot of conversations, and you might miss a great connection because you matched with them and then got distracted by someone else.
最近,Hinge 推出了一个叫‘轮次限制’的功能:如果你在应用上,有八个人在等你回复消息,你必须先回复他们,或者关闭匹配,才能获得新的匹配。
So recently, Hinge launched something called your turn limits, where if you're on the app and there's eight people who you owe a response to where you have to respond to the message, you either need to respond to them or close out the match before you can get any more matches.
哦。
Oh.
所以我们正在努力解决这种选择悖论的问题——同时面对太多人。
So you're we're really trying to tackle this problem of paradox of choice, too many people at the same time.
约会倦怠感最主要的原因之一,就是没有收到对方的回复。
One of the biggest causes of dating burnout is not hearing back from someone.
我跟你匹配上了。
I matched with you.
我对你特别期待。
I'm so excited about you.
我约你出来,结果你却从不回复。
I ask you out, and then you never reply.
这太让人沮丧了。
That sucks.
这让我感觉特别糟糕。
That makes me feel really bad.
然后我就在想,我哪里做错了吗?
And then I'm wondering, what did I do wrong?
你很可能根本没做错什么。
You probably didn't do anything wrong.
我可能只是在和太多人聊天了。
I'm probably just talking to too many people.
所以这实际上是运用了行为科学中的默认机制:如果我们默认你一次只能和少数人聊天,并且必须回复他们,这将帮助你集中注意力,获得更多的约会机会,建立更好的关系。
So this is really using the behavioral science technology of defaults and saying, if we're just gonna default you to where you can only talk to a few people at the same time and you need to reply to them, it's gonna help you focus and get to more dates and into better relationships.
现在人们在个人资料上最常犯的错误是什么?
What are the top things that the person is doing wrong right now on their profile?
为了提高根据数据匹配到人的几率,他们需要改进哪些方面?
And what do they need to fix in order to increase based on the data their chance to connect with somebody?
人们在个人资料上最常见的一个问题就是没有真实地展现自己的样子。
So one of the top issues that people have on their profiles is that they're not really painting a picture of who they are.
比如,几年前我认识一位女士,她告诉我她在某个应用上看到了她现在的丈夫,而他所有的照片都是在‘火人节’拍的。
So for example, I met this woman a few years ago who told me that she saw her now husband on an app, and all of his pictures were from Burning Man.
她
And she
当时就说:‘这明显是红灯信号。'
was like, well Red flag.
危险信号。
Red flag.
危险信号。
Red flag.
她说,我不去
She's like, I don't go
火人节,所以对他没兴趣。
to Burning Man, so I'm not interested in him.
后来她碰巧在一个聚会上通过朋友认识了他,然后他说,哦,是的。
Then she happened to meet him at a party through a friend, and he's like, oh, yeah.
我只去过一次火人节。
Went I to Burning Man once.
我只是把那些照片放上去,因为那是我仅有的照片。
I just put those up there because those were the only photos that I had.
所以他并不明白,你的个人资料基本上就是你的广告牌,告诉别人你是谁。
And so he didn't understand that your profile is basically your billboard telling people who you are.
所以当你的朋友查看你的个人资料时,它能代表真实的你吗?
And so when your friends look at your profile, does it represent who you are?
我发现很多时候并不能。
And I found it often doesn't.
我看到站在我面前的人是一个美丽、充满活力、多维度的个体,拥有许多不同的特质。
I say, the person in front of me is a beautiful, vibrant, three-dimensional person with a lot of different characteristics.
但你给我看的个人资料却只提到了动漫。
The profile you're showing me just talks about anime.
很酷。
Cool.
你喜欢动漫。
You like anime.
我们可以给你找一个也喜欢动漫的人,但你能在个人资料里多说说其他方面吗?
We'll find you somebody who likes anime, but can you tell me other things on your profile?
所以要充分利用这片有限的空间来讲述你的故事,展现真实的你,谈谈你的性格、你在寻找什么、你的约会风格,帮助我们真正理解你是谁。
And so really using that limited space to tell your story, show people who you are, talk about what you're like, what you're looking for, and what dating you might be like, and really help us understand who you are.
在我向你提出下一个问题之前,我想分享一个由听众玉奈提出的疑问,她是一位29岁的女性,正在分享自己在约会中最大的领悟。
Before I jump into my next question for you, I wanna I have a a question that was submitted by a listener named Yuna who is sharing about her biggest dating revelation as a 29 year old.
我今年29岁。
I'm 29 years old.
我是一名女性,希望约会男性。
I'm a female looking to date men.
我关于约会最大的疑问是:你到底该怎么知道自己该找什么样的人?
And my biggest question about dating is basically, like, how do you know what to look for?
我觉得年轻的时候,我有一份清单,列出了我理想伴侣应该具备的条件,但那些都比较表面。
Like, I feel like when I was younger, I had this, like, list of things that I thought I wanted my partner to have, and they were kind of superficial.
比如,我特别希望对方喜欢健身之类的。
Like, I really want them to be into the gym and stuff.
但随着时间推移,我意识到,我当初认为重要的那些条件其实根本不重要,而我喜欢的人,也从来不是我原先以为会喜欢的那种类型。
And as time has gone on, I've just realized, like, none of the things I thought were important are, and the people that I've liked have not been the people that I thought I'd like.
所以我想问,你到底该怎么知道自己该找什么样的人?
So I guess, like, how do you know what to look for?
也就是说,最重要的事情是什么?你如何在约会初期就发现这些,而不是花很多时间去了解一个人,最后却发现并不是你真正想要的人呢?
Like, what are the most important things, and how can you figure those things out early on in dating instead of, like, spending a lot of time getting to know someone and not really finding the people that you want, I guess.
首先,我想称赞Yuna在二十多岁时就提出了这个问题。
First, I wanna commend Yuna for asking this question, especially in her twenties.
我认为很多人要么问得太晚,要么根本不会问这个问题。
I think a lot of people ask this question either way too late or not at all.
所以我把这叫做从‘舞会约会’心态转向‘人生伴侣’心态。
So I call this moving from the prom date mentality to the life partner mentality.
那么,一个好的舞会约会对象需要具备什么?
So what makes a good prom date?
他们拍照时看起来很帅气。
They look cute in pictures.
你希望和他们彻夜跳舞。
You wanna dance the night away with them.
也许舞会结束后,你还想亲吻他们,或者做更多一点的事情。
Maybe you wanna kiss or do a little bit more than that after prom.
但你有没有想过,这个人会去牙科诊所接你的孩子吗?
But you're not thinking about, will this person pick up my kids from the dentist?
这个人有很多债务吗?
Does this person have a lot of debt?
他有财务责任感吗?
Are they financially responsible?
但在人生的某个阶段,大概在你打算结婚前几年,你应该开始转变心态,去寻找不同的品质。
But at a certain point in life, probably a certain number of years before you wanna get married, you should start shifting your mindset towards looking for different qualities.
我很多三十多岁、四十多岁的单身客户,仍然在寻找‘舞会约会型’的对象,却不明白为什么自己找不到爱情或理想的伴侣。
And so many of my clients in their thirties and forties who are single are still looking for the prom date, and they don't understand why they haven't found love or haven't found a great partner.
所以,我首先会告诉尤娜,要做出这种转变。
So first, I would tell Yuna to make that shift.
接下来,我会谈谈关于长期关系成功的关键因素的研究,哪些方面比人们想象的更重要,哪些则没那么重要。
Now I'll talk about the research on what matters more and less than people think they do for long term relationship success.
第一个是外貌。
So the first one is looks.
我们喜欢有吸引力的人。
We love an attractive person.
我希望你能真正感受你身边的人。
I want you to feel into the person that you're with.
但研究表明,随着时间推移,我们会适应拥有的一切,对对方的外貌也会越来越不看重。
But what the research shows is that over time, we adapt to whatever we have, and we appreciate somebody's looks less.
所以我常开玩笑说,每个帅哥背后都有个人对和他做爱感到厌倦。
So I like to joke that behind every hot person is somebody who's sick of having sex with them.
外貌当然很好,但你别把所有隐性的筹码都押在外貌这一项上。
So looks are great, but you don't wanna spend all of your metaphorical coins just on the looks department.
人们认为对长期关系成功更重要的另一件事是金钱。
The next thing that people think matters more than it does for long term relationship success is money.
你看。
Look.
金钱很好。
Money is great.
它可以让生活轻松很多,但并不是唯一重要的事。
It can make life a lot easier, but it's not the only thing.
当人们因为金钱而和根本不合适、完全不感兴趣的人在一起时,我觉得这真是太遗憾了。
And I feel like it's such a shame when people get into relationships with people who they're not a good fit with, who they're not interested in because of just money.
因此,我们都承认金钱带来的力量和自由,但它对长期关系成功的影响力,其实比人们想象的要小。
And so I think we can all acknowledge the power and the freedom that money gives you, but it matters less than people think it does for long term relationship success.
接下来两个因素是共同的爱好和相似的性格。
The next two are shared hobbies and similar personalities.
你不需要和伴侣有完全相同的爱好,只要你们彼此给予空间去发展各自的兴趣即可。
You do not need to have identical hobbies to your partner as long as you both give each other space to explore your separate hobbies.
关于相似的性格,我经常觉得人们会犯这个错误,尤其是像我或者我一些朋友这样的人。
And for similar personalities, I often feel like people make this mistake, especially someone like me or some of my friends.
如果一段关系里有两个你,那就太多了。
If you had two of you in a relationship, that's way too much.
你真正需要的是一个能与你互补的人。
You actually want someone who balances you out.
所以如果你是个感到沮丧的人,是的。
So if you're somebody who's frustrated Mhmm.
因为你一直认为自己有理想中的伴侣,却总是遇不到合适的,当你调整了心态后,需要采取哪些步骤呢?
Because you keep thinking you have this ideal and then you are not getting the right matches, what are the steps you need to take once you kind of shift your mindset?
在应用上有没有具体该做的事?
Are there specific things to do on the app?
有没有哪些行为能真正扩大你的约会对象范围?
Are there behaviors that you need to engage in that will actually open up your dating pool to more people?
是的。
Yeah.
我刚刚给你列出了那些对长期关系来说,其实没人们以为的那么重要的因素。
So I just gave you a list of what matters less than people think they do for long term relationships.
但对于Yuna和所有听众,我真的很想让你们知道,哪些因素比人们想象的更重要。
But for Yuna and for all the listeners, I really want them to know what matters more than people think they do.
很好。
Great.
当我让人自己列出这份清单时,第一个是情绪稳定。
And when I've asked people to come up with this list themselves, the first one is emotional stability.
一个人在不同情境下会如何反应?
How does somebody respond in different situations?
他们能否在刺激和回应之间留出停顿的空间?
Are they able to take that pause between stimulus and response?
他们能否保持情绪稳定?
And can they be emotionally stable?
下一个品质是善良。
The next one is kindness.
这一点被严重低估了。
This is so underrated.
那个人如何对待那些他们一无所求的人?
How does that person treat someone who they don't need anything from?
然后是忠诚。
Then loyalty.
这个人会帮朋友搬家吗?
Does this person help their friends move?
这个人有没有从生命早期就一直保持联系的朋友?
Does this person have friends from a long period of their life?
如果他们对朋友忠诚,那么他们对你也更可能忠诚。
If they're loyal to their friends, they're much more likely to be loyal to you.
下一个是一个成长型思维。
The next one is a growth mindset.
你是否觉得你生来就拥有现有的所有技能?
Do you feel like you're just born with the skills you have?
还是你觉得人生是一个可以不断进步的过程?
Or do you feel like life is something where you can continuously get better?
成长型思维之所以重要,是因为当你的关系不可避免地遇到挫折时,你难道不希望你的搭档是一个愿意直面这些问题的人吗?
And why a growth mindset matters is when your relationship hits those inevitable rough spots, don't you want your copilot to be a person who's ready to tackle them head on?
然后是共同妥善处理冲突的能力。
Then the ability to fight well together.
并不是在找一个完全不和你吵架的人。
It's not looking for someone with whom you don't fight with at all.
而是要明白,我们能否以一种积极的方式吵架,彼此站在同一阵线,朝着相同的目标努力?
It's understanding, can we fight in a way where we're positive, we're on the same team, we're working on the same outcome?
最后一个是我最喜欢的,那就是他们把你哪一面带出来了?
And then the last one is really my favorite, which is what side of you do they bring out?
哦,我超喜欢这一点。
Oh, I love that.
这是二十多岁的人,其实所有年龄段的人都常常误解的一点。
This is something that people in their twenties, really people of all ages get wrong.
所以我会有许多客户对我说,洛根,我和这个男生约会过。
So I'll have so many clients who say, Logan, I went out with this guy.
他从纸面上看,完全符合我所有的要求。
He's everything I wanted on paper.
我父母会对他着迷。
My parents would be obsessed with him.
他是波斯人。
He's Persian.
他是一名医生。
He's a doctor.
他上的是好学校。
He went to the right school.
我就说,好吧。
And I'm like, okay.
我等着看他的缺点呢。
I'm waiting for the butt.
他们就说,是的。
And they're like, yeah.
但当我跟他相处时,他总让我觉得自己不够好。
But when I spend time with him, he kinda makes me feel bad about myself.
他特别在意那些我根本不关心的表面东西,但他表面上看确实完美。
And he's really into all this superficial stuff that I'm not into, but he's so good on paper.
所以我会说,把你认为自己应该找的东西列个清单,撕掉它,然后重新列一个你真正该关注的清单。
And so I would say take that checklist of what you think you should be looking for, tear it up, and instead make a new checklist of things to look for.
而我用来做这件事的工具叫‘Post Date Eight’。
And so the tool that I have for that is called the post date eight.
什么?
The who?
Post
The post
Date Eight。
date eight.
Post Date Eight。
The post date eight.
好的。
Okay.
那八项是什么?
What are the eight things?
这些是每次约会后你要问自己的八个问题。
These are eight things to ask yourself after every date.
它们的作用是在约会过程中训练你的大脑,去关注真正重要的事情。
And what they do is they train your brain during the date to look for the things that matter.
这样你就从评估心态转变了。
So you move from the evaluative mindset.
他够好吗?
Are they good enough for me?
他赚得多吗?
Do they make enough money?
转向体验心态。
To the experiential mindset.
和他在一起时,我感觉如何?
How do I feel when I'm around them?
这些就是问题。
So these are the questions.
他们激发出了我哪一面?
What side of me did they bring out?
我们刚刚才讨论过这个。
We just talked about that.
约会时我的身体感觉如何?
How did my body feel during the date?
是紧张、放松,还是介于两者之间?
Stiff, relaxed, or something in between?
我感到精力充沛还是精疲力尽?
Do I feel energized or de energized?
他们身上有什么让我感到好奇的地方吗?
Is there something about them that I'm curious about?
他们让我笑过吗?
Did they make me laugh?
我感觉被倾听了吗?
Did I feel heard?
在他们面前,我感觉自己有吸引力吗?
Did I feel attractive in their presence?
我是感到着迷、无聊,还是介于两者之间?
And did I feel captivated, bored, or something in between?
现在有趣的是
Now here's what's interesting
我喜欢‘我感觉自己有吸引力吗?’这个问题
is that I love the question about did I feel attractive?
因为我们常常过于关注化学反应和火花,是否被对方吸引?
Because I think we're often so focused on the chemistry and the spark and am I attracted to you?
是的
Yeah.
以至于你忘了,真正重要的是你是否感觉更完整了,嗯。
That you forget that it's really about whether or not you feel like more of you Mhmm.
以及你是否在这段关系中感到有吸引力。
And whether or not you feel attractive in this.
因为我觉得我们都经历过这样的情况:约会某个人,觉得他们非常有魅力,但整个过程中,尽管我们被他们吸引,甚至有点心跳加速,却始终很紧张,担心自己的外表,担心他们怎么想我们。对我来说,如果你能通过这八个问题来审视,就能轻易筛掉很多人,因为你根本无法在这样的人面前做真实的自己。
Because I I think we've all had the situation of of dating somebody where we think they're really hot, but the whole time, even though we're attracted to them and we might be a little tingly, we're actually very tense because we're worried about how we look and we're worried about what they think and we're worried about And to me that feels like if you go through those eight questions, that's easily gonna weed a lot of people out because you can't actually be yourself around a person like that.
是的。
Yes.
这个清单有多种方式能帮助你改变追求的对象,因为它能帮你识别那些纸上看起来不错,却让你对自己感觉糟糕的人。
There's a lot of ways in which this list can really help you shift who you go after because it helps identify those people who are good on paper but who don't make you feel good about yourself.
如果每次约会后都做一遍,它还能帮你意识到:哦,这是一个慢慢升温的人。
If you do it after every date, it also helps you realize, oh, this is a slow burn person.
这是一个我每次约会都越来越喜欢的人。
This is someone who I'm liking more and more each date.
即使一开始没有产生火花,我也会花更多时间去了解他们。
Even though they didn't initially spark, I'm gonna invest more time in getting to know them.
我觉得在约会、事业、朋友圈、居住地等方面,最重要的是理解:这种情况会激发我哪一面?
And I feel like in dating, in your career, in your friend group, in where you live, so much is understanding what side of me does this situation bring out.
所以,如果你收到一份高薪的工作邀约,但去面试时却感到不自信。
So if you get a job offer with a lot of money, but when you went to the interview, you felt insecure.
没人给你开门。
Nobody held the door open for you.
他们很害怕。
They dreaded it.
是的。
Yeah.
经理一直谈论这个地方多么竞争激烈、充满男性荷尔蒙。
The manager keeps talking about how cutthroat and testosterone driven the place is.
那他们给你开多少钱,谁在乎呢?
Well, who cares how much money they offered you?
如果你在面试时感到不舒服,你在工作中也不太可能感到舒适。
If you didn't feel comfortable in the interview, you're unlikely to feel comfortable in the job.
所以我认为人们真的需要关注这个概念:留意不同情境下会激发你哪一面,而不是只关注那些容易衡量的因素,比如对方有多吸引人,或者工作报酬有多高。
And so I think people do really need to work on this concept of paying attention to what side of you different situations bring out instead of just the things that are easy to measure, like how hot someone is or how much a job is offering you.
关于情侣的研究是什么?
What's the research on couples
那些能走得很远的关系,就像一见钟情的火花,而你刚刚提到了‘慢热’这个词。
that go the distance that it's like the spark and love at first sight versus you just mentioned this word slow burn.
它会随着时间推移逐渐发展。
It builds over time.
很多人认为他们必须有那种火花,如果感觉不到,就会轻易放弃很多人。
So a lot of people think that they need to have the spark, and they write a lot of people off if they don't feel it.
但研究表明,只有百分之十一的情侣经历过一见钟情。
But the research shows us that only eleven percent of couples experience love at first sight.
对许多人来说,这是一种叫做‘ mere exposure effect ’(单纯曝光效应)的概念。
And for many people, it was this concept called the mere exposure effect.
你和某人相处得越多,就越容易喜欢上他们。
The more you're around somebody, the more you start to like them.
这就是为什么人们最终会和朋友群体中的人或同事结婚。
That's why people end up marrying someone in their friend group or somebody that they work with.
所以,你绝对可以随着时间的推移培养出那种火花。
So you can definitely build the spark over time.
而慢热型的人可能一开始没有那种火花型的人那么迷人,但他们却是绝佳的长期伴侣。
And the idea of a slow burn is somebody who may not be initially as charming as that other sparky person, but they would make a great long term partner.
通过寻找慢热型的人——那些被别人忽视的人——你其实能在约会中大获成功。
And you can really win in the dating game by looking for a slow burn person, somebody who other people overlook.
我很想播放一位叫索菲亚的听众的问题。
I'd love to play this question from a listener name Sofia.
嗨,梅尔。
Hi, Mel.
我叫索菲亚。
My name is Sofia.
我最近刚满21岁。
I recently just turned 21.
我是波士顿的一名大学生,打电话来寻求感情和约会建议,因为我现在真的过得一塌糊涂。
I'm a college student in Boston, and I'm calling in for relationship and dating advice because I am just so down atrocious.
在过去四年的大学时光里,我一直处于暧昧关系中,这对我来说还行,因为我并没有寻找认真的关系。
I've spent the past four years of college just being in situationships, which worked okay for me because I wasn't looking for anything serious.
但现在我真正决定,我觉得自己需要安定下来。
But now I'm actually deciding that I feel like I need to settle down.
这种情况对我来说有点有毒。
It's been kind of toxic for me.
我意识到,对于男性,我痴迷于追求的过程,但当他们真的提出认真关系时,我却突然失去了兴趣。
And I realized that, like, with men, I'm obsessed with the chase, but then when they actually come forward with something serious, I'm suddenly disinterested.
所以,是的,我只是需要一些帮助,来以最真实的自己示人,因为我感觉自己一直在波士顿的这些男生身上玩捉迷藏,而我不想再这样下去了。
So, yeah, I just need kind of help with how to show up as my most authentic self because I feel like I'm playing this game of, like, cat and mouse with these guys in Boston, and I don't wanna do that anymore.
索菲亚,我以前也完全经历过这种情况,追求的过程确实非常令人兴奋。
Sofia, I have absolutely been there before where the chase is really exciting.
但一旦有人表现出兴趣,维持那份兴趣反而变得更难。
And then once somebody shows interest, it can be harder to maintain that interest.
如果你不熟悉依恋理论,我想跟你聊聊可能正在发生的事情。
And if you're not familiar with attachment theory, I wanna talk to you about what might be going on.
依恋理论的简要版本是,主要有三种依恋类型。
So CliffsNotes version of attachment theory, there's three main attachment styles.
第一个是安全型。
So the first one is secure.
你对亲密关系感到自在,同时也享受独处的时间。
You're comfortable with intimacy, but you're also comfortable with time alone.
焦虑型依恋。
Anxious attachment.
你担心别人会抛弃你。
You worry that people are gonna abandon you.
你总是想保持联系。
You constantly wanna be in touch.
如果有人没有回复你早上发给他们的表情包,你就开始胡思乱想,渴望更紧密的连接。
If somebody doesn't respond to the meme you sent them that morning, you start spiraling, and you want to be more connected.
而回避型的人担心别人会束缚自己,最终让自己失望,所以还没等对方靠近,你就先退缩了。
And avoidant, you worry that somebody's gonna smother you and eventually disappoint you, so you pull away before they can even get close.
我们知道,大约50%的人属于安全型,25%是焦虑型,25%是回避型。
So what we know is that around 50% of the pool is secure, 25 is anxious, and 25% is avoidant.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
听起来很不错。
Sounds pretty good.
有很多安全型的约会者,但这并不是全部真相。
There's lot of secure daters out there, but that's not the whole story.
很多安全型的约会者已经处于关系中了。
A lot of the secure daters are already in relationships.
所以约会市场上有很多焦虑型和回避型的人在彼此约会。
So the dating pool has so many anxious and avoidant people dating each other.
天哪。
Oh god.
这创造了一种被称为焦虑-回避循环的现象。
And this creates something called the anxious avoidant loop.
下面是它的运作方式。
So here's how it works.
我曾经是个焦虑型的约会者。
I was an anxiously attached dater.
我的爱情故事是,我会追逐你,对你产生浓厚兴趣,然后你却退缩了。
My story of love is that I chase you, and I get really interested in you, and then you pull back.
我会努力说服你和我在一起,证明我的价值。
And I try to convince you to be with me and prove my value.
对于回避型的人来说,他们的故事是:你会让我窒息。
For the avoidant person, their story is you're gonna smother me.
你会让我不堪重负。
You're gonna overwhelm me.
我会失去所有的独立性。
I'm gonna lose all my independence.
所以他们选择了远离。
So they pull away.
焦虑型和回避型的人不断彼此约会,强化了这些非常不健康的行为模式。
So anxious and avoidant people keep dating each other, reinforcing these really unhealthy patterns.
但如果你像我一样,你只会觉得:哦,这就是爱情的样子。
But if you're like me, you just think, oh, that's what love is.
这就是约会的样子。
That's what dating is.
就是我去追逐别人。
It's I chase someone.
但当你像我一样和一个安全型的伴侣约会时,这种幻想可能会被打破,让你看到还有另一种方式。
But then when you date a secure partner like I did, it can really burst that bubble and show you that there's another way.
我记得当我和我丈夫约会时,我们已经交往了几个月,我因为某件事生他的气。
So I remember when I was dating my husband, we've been dating for a few months, and I got mad at him about something.
我做了过去在其他关系中总会做的事:拿出手机,发一堆愤怒的信息给他,抱怨他让我失望,诸如此类,其实就是想找架吵。
And I did what I always would have done in past relationships, which is take out my phone and punch away a bunch of angry text to him about how he's disappointing me and this and that, really looking for a fight.
我期待他回击我。
And I expected him to fight back.
但他是个治疗师的孩子,回信给我时说:哇。
But then he, child of a therapist, wrote back to me and said, wow.
听起来你真的很生气。
It sounds like you're really upset.
我们应该当面讨论这件事。
We should discuss this in person.
那是一个非常重要的时刻,因为他抓住了我一贯的行为模式,并彻底打断了它。
And that was such a powerful moment because he took a pattern that I had, and he really stopped it in his tracks.
这让我意识到,关系中还有另一种相处方式。
And it made me understand that there was a different way to be in relationships.
所以对我来说,十年前遇到我现在的丈夫时,我意识到我不必再陷入焦虑与回避的循环中。
So for me, ten years ago, meeting my now husband, I realized I didn't have to be in an anxious avoidant loop.
这确实是我生命中的一个关键转折点。
And that really was such a pivotal change in my life.
所以对你来说,索菲亚,我觉得理解你的依恋风格、理解为什么追逐的感觉如此令人兴奋——因为你把焦虑误认为是化学反应,
And so for you, Sofia, I feel like understanding your attachment style, understanding how the chase feels really exciting because you're confusing anxiety for chemistry.
你沉迷于戏剧性。
You're addicted to the drama.
相反,我希望你能变得更加安全可靠,同时去寻找一个同样安全可靠的伴侣。
Instead, I want you to become more secure yourself and also to go for a secure partner.
他们起初可能显得无聊,因为你太沉迷于追逐的过程和那种未知的结果,但这些人恰恰是优秀的长期伴侣。
They may seem initially boring because you're so addicted to the chase and the fact that you don't know what will happen, but these are the people who make great long term partners.
洛根,很高兴你在这里。
Logan, I am so glad you're here.
我已经学到了很多,并且开始以完全不同的方式看待这个问题。
I am already learning so much, and I'm starting to think about this completely differently.
你听这些建议和她的观点时,肯定也有同样的感受。
I'm sure you are too as you're listening to all of this advice and her perspective.
我们现在暂停一下,让我们的精彩赞助商说几句话,但请把这期内容分享给生活中所有需要听到这些的人——基本上就是所有单身、正在约会且感到沮丧的人。
We're gonna hit pause and give our amazing sponsors a chance to share a few words, but please share this with everyone in your life who needs to hear this, which is basically everybody who's single and who's dating and who's frustrated.
当我们回来时,会继续深入探讨数据和科学。
And when we return, we're gonna dig right back into the data and the science.
你可千万别走开。
So don't you dare go anywhere.
短暂休息后,我会在这里等你。
I'll be waiting for you after a short break.
别走,留下来。
Stay with me.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your friend Mel Robbins.
今天,你和我将一起获取所有经过研究支持的建议,帮助我们自己以及那些单身、正在约会、感到沮丧的亲人,我们将和洛根·尤里一起改变这一切。
And today, you and I are getting all the research back and data supported advice that we need for ourselves and the people that we love who are single and dating and frustrated, we're changing that with Logan Urie.
当我得知你要来我们在波士顿的演播室时,我在团队会议上说,如果我们的听众、他们的朋友大量涌入问题,我们就把它们发布到网上。
So when I knew that you were gonna be here in our Boston studios, I said something in a team meeting, and it was if there was an absolute explosion of inbound questions from them, from their friends, we put it out online.
我真的不敢相信我们收到了这么多关于你的问题。
Like, I cannot believe the number of questions that we got for you.
我想读一下一位名叫弗吉尼亚的25岁女性的问题。
And I wanna read you this one from a woman named Virginia who is 25.
有很多研究指出,在线约会降低了男性的自信,让他们变得懒惰。
There are all these studies about how online dating has lowered men's confidence and made them lazier.
所以他们只是在线刷屏,而不是去酒吧主动搭讪。
So they just scroll online rather than approach someone at a bar.
这真的吗?
Is this true?
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
我并没有从性别角度去思考这个问题。
I don't think about it from a gendered perspective.
我觉得人们已经不习惯当面与人交谈了,因为他们觉得所有交流都可以在线上完成。
I do feel like people are not in the habit of talking to anyone in person because they feel like that happens online.
我们可以在很多不同的地方看到这种现象。
So we can see this in so many different places.
对吧?
Right?
你都不想给餐厅打电话。
You don't wanna call a restaurant.
你只想在手机上操作。
You just wanna do it on your phone.
你一直在通过科技与各种事物互动。
You are constantly engaging with things through technology.
所以我认为,现在人们想放纵一下,看看谁在线,谁是单身,谁可能对他们感兴趣。
And so I think right now, people want to go unhinge, see who's available, see who's single, see who might be interested in them.
这比亲自上前搭讪感觉安全多了。
And that feels so much less risky than going up to someone in person.
约会应用很棒。
And dating apps are great.
你可以认识很多原本不会遇到的人,但人们也应该培养承担风险、面对面交谈和主动出击的技能。
You can meet a lot of people you wouldn't have met otherwise, but people should also be working on the skills of taking a risk, having a conversation in person, and putting themselves out there.
我觉得这
I think this
是一个非常重要的部分,因为我确实认为,现在人们过多地把责任归咎于这些应用。
is a really important part because I do think that there's too much blaming of the apps Mhmm.
而且没有足够深入地思考,好吧。
And not enough really thinking about, okay.
周围其实有很多人。
Well, there's people all around me.
如果我排队站着,我会跟人聊天吗?
If I'm standing in a line, am I talking to people?
正如我提到的,我丈夫是在酒吧里主动跟我搭话才认识我的。
I mean, as I mentioned, my husband met me by talking to me at a bar.
如果你根本不关注应用之外的世界,我不认为你真的在约会。
And if you're not actually looking outside the apps, I don't actually think you're dating.
我特别欣赏的一位朋友是我朋友莎拉的丈夫,萨姆·帕尔。
So one of my favorite people who I really admire is my friend Sarah's husband, Sam Parr.
每当我跟萨姆聊约会的话题时,他都会谈到自己如何提升吸引力,他确实有一套明确的策略。
And whenever I talk to Sam about dating, he talks about what he did to make himself a more desirable partner, and he really had a strategy for it.
比如,他说,当一个人有热情爱好时,我觉得特别有魅力。
So for example, he said, I think it's really attractive when people have passions.
所以我要努力培养一个有趣的话题爱好。
So I'm gonna work on developing a hobby that will be interesting to talk about.
他后来对牛仔布产生了浓厚兴趣。
And he got really into denim.
当他约女生见面时,他会说:‘这周末我要去参加牛仔布交换活动。’
And when he was meeting up with girls, he would say, I'm going to this denim swap this weekend.
让我跟你聊聊日本牛仔布。
Let me tell you about Japanese denim.
那还挺酷的。
They That's kinda cool.
是的。
Yeah.
她们会觉得这很有趣。
They would find it interesting.
他确实非常突出。
He he really stood out.
他令人印象深刻。
He was memorable.
他充满热情。
He was passionate.
然后他说,我想成为一个更好的讲故事的人。
Then he said, I wanna become a better storyteller.
所以他效仿了单口喜剧演员的做法。
So he did what stand up comedians did.
他会练习讲述这些故事,观察哪些部分让人感兴趣,哪些部分让人觉得无聊。
He would practice telling the stories, see what parts people found interesting, see what they found boring.
在约会时,他就能更吸引人,讲出更好的故事。
And then on dates, he would be able to be more compelling and tell better stories.
所以我认为,我们常常向外看,说:谁才是属于我的人?
And so I think we so often look out and say, who's out there for me?
没人够格。
Nobody's good enough.
我住的城市是约会最糟糕的地方。
I live in the worst city for dating.
那你做了什么让自己成为一个更有吸引力的伴侣呢?
Well, what are you doing to make yourself a more attractive partner?
你做了什么来展示你拥有成长型思维?
What are you doing to show that you have a growth mindset?
你让自己置身于哪些场合,以便能认识更多人?
What places are you putting yourself in that would help you meet more people?
当然,这是一种双向的互动,双方都必须积极参与。
And so, of course, it's a two sided equation where both people have to show up.
但有哪些你能掌控的事情,能让你成为一个更有吸引力的伴侣呢?
But what are the things within your control that can make you more attractive as a partner?
我还有另一个问题。
Here's another question that I have.
暧昧关系一直存在,还是我们这一代人为了逃避承诺而发明的概念?
Have situationships always existed, or is this a concept our generation has invented to avoid commitment?
我经常思考这个问题,我们总是不断为同样的事情创造新术语。
I think about this a lot, how we constantly are reinventing terms for the same thing.
我们能聊聊这个吗?
Can we talk about this for a minute?
我跟不上这些术语了。
I cannot track with the terminology.
我们在一起,但不是在约会。
We're together, but we're not dating.
我们在约会,但又不是那种关系。
We're dating, but we're not like this.
我们是专属的,但又不是在约会。
We're exclusive, but we're not dating.
约会就是这么回事。
Dating is this thing.
我们就是这样,我完全搞不懂这些术语。
We're we're like, I can't understand the terminology.
那么,什么是‘情境关系’呢?
And so what is a situationship?
你对
And what do you think about
这一切怎么看?
all this?
‘情境关系’是一种没有明确定义的浪漫关系。
A situationship is an undefined romantic relationship.
所以我们一起相处,有亲密行为,但没有明确的标签。
So we're spending time together, we're hooking up, but we don't have labels.
这难道不是通过你们的行为来定义的吗?
How is that not defined by your actions?
这就是我不明白的地方。
This is the thing that I don't understand.
比如,如果你和某人发生性关系、经常和他们在一起,难道你们的行为不已经定义了你们的关系吗?
Like, don't your actions define the fact that you're in a relationship if you're having sex with somebody and you're hanging out with them?
我觉得这是更广泛讨论的一部分
I think this is part of
当人们为某事赋予语言时,它就会变得更为固化和具体。
a larger conversation about how when you apply language to something, it sort of solidifies and becomes more concrete.
但人们早就一直在进行这种非正式关系了。
But people have been doing situationships for a very long time.
我觉得我在大学时就经历过不少这样的关系,只是我们当时不这么叫它。
You know, I feel like I had plenty of situationships in college, but we didn't call it that.
现在它有了一个名称。
Now it has a term.
而如今,它却被更多地污名化了。
And then now it's more stigmatized.
但如果两个人都同意我们不是排他的,也没有未来,只是享受彼此的陪伴,我认为这种关系本身并不一定是坏事。
But I think that if two people both agree that we are not exclusive or we do not have a future together, but we're having fun together, I don't think his situationship is necessarily bad.
当其中一方没有表达自己的需求或愿望时,这种关系才会变得有害。
When it becomes harmful is when one person isn't expressing their needs or desires.
我真的很想要一段专一的关系。
I really do want something exclusive.
你和其他人约会,这让我很难受。
It hurts me that you're going on dates with other people.
我想找到一个长期的伴侣。
I want to find a long term partner.
如果对你来说也是如此,那就和对方好好谈谈,问清楚我们是什么关系。
If that is the case for you, then have a conversation with the person and say, what are we?
我有兴趣删掉Hinge。
I'd be interested in deleting Hinge.
你呢?
Would you?
那样你就能得到你需要的信息了。
Then you have the data you need.
如果你们想法一致,那就恭喜了。
If they're on the same page, congratulations.
你删掉这些应用,然后继续前行。
You delete your apps, you move forward.
如果他们不是这样,至少你也知道了。
If they're not, at least you know.
我非常注重掌握那些能让你做出正确决定的数据,而不是像很多人那样,因为害怕答案而不敢提问。
And I'm really all about know the data that empowers you so that you can make the right decision for yourself as opposed to what so many people do, which is I'm afraid of the answer, so I don't ask the question.
太对了。
Boom.
就在这里。
Right there.
你根本就没问。
You're not even asking.
你一边抱怨对方没有承诺,一边却根本不去问清楚。
You're bitching about the fact that there's no commitment and you're not actually asking for it.
你只是在期待它发生。
You're hoping for it.
我认为,很多人在感情中犯的一个巨大错误就是追逐关系的潜力,却为不可接受的行为找借口,希望只要我再多陪陪你,更多地融入你的生活,总有一天你会注意到,这段关系会变得比它实际的样子更重要。
I think one of the huge mistakes that so many people make in relationships is they chase the potential of it and you excuse away behavior that isn't acceptable, hoping that at some point, if I just hang out with you a little bit longer, if I insert myself into your life, at some point, you're gonna notice and this is gonna become something bigger than it actually is.
人们拒绝将他人的行为视为真相,也不愿为是否愿意接受这些残羹剩饭承担责任。
And there is this refusal to see people's behavior as the truth and then take responsibility for whether or not you are willing to accept these table scraps.
我完全同意你所说的每一点。
I completely agree with everything you said.
我觉得很多人
And I feel like a lot
都需要接受这一点,因为太多人约会时是看中对方的潜力,或者觉得自己能帮助对方找到更好的工作。
of people do need to embrace this because so many people date someone for their potential, or they feel like I can coach them to the better job.
我能帮他们克服社交焦虑。
I can help them overcome their social anxiety.
如果你不会因为一个人现在的样子而想和他在一起,那就不要因为期待他的潜力而和他在一起,因为你无法押注于他的未来。
I think if you would not want to be with someone for how they are now, then don't be with them because you cannot bet on their potential.
如果你这么做了,当事情没有如愿发展时,你可能会感到失望或沮丧。
And if you do, you might be disappointed or frustrated if it doesn't work out.
如果允许的话,人们会向你展示他们真实的样子。
And so people will show you who they are if you let them.
但很多时候,我们想要控制一切。
But too often, we wanna control everything.
我们想扮演导师与学徒的关系。
We want to play the mentor mentee relationship.
我们总想着,如果发生某件事,这个人或许会改变。
We wanna say, oh, I think this person could change if this just happens.
但相反,你要掌握自己人生的主动权,同时明白你不是路上每一辆车的驾驶员。
But instead, be in the driver's seat of your life, but understand that you are not the driver of every other car on
这条路。
the road.
我觉得你不是在和潜力约会。
Well, I don't think you're dating potentially.
你是在和一个项目约会。
I think you're dating a project.
而且不仅仅是不会成功,这还不公平。
And I also it's not only that it won't work out, it's that it's not fair.
就像坐在另一个位置上一样。
Like, being in the other seat.
想象一下,有人选了你,然后说:‘只要我能让她瘦一点就好了。’
Imagine somebody choosing you and going, well, if I can get her to lose a little weight.
是的。
Yeah.
或者,只要我能让她改变说话的语气。
Or if I can get her to change her tone of voice.
只要她能喜欢上体育,这段关系就能成。
Well, if I can get her to just like the sports, then this is gonna work out.
我的意思是,你会愿意和这样的人谈恋爱吗?
I mean, would you wanna be in a relationship with somebody at this And
如果我知道了这件事,我会很受伤。
that would hurt me if I found that out.
在生活的许多方面,如果你设定了一个目标,并采取某些步骤去实现它,那么事情就会如愿发生。
In many aspects of life, if you set a goal and you do certain steps to to achieve it, that will happen.
如果你有财务目标,努力赚更多钱、存更多钱;如果你想跑马拉松,遵循训练计划,你就能达成目标,因为这些事情都在你的掌控之中。
If you have a financial goal and you work on making more money and saving more money, if you wanna run a marathon and you follow a training plan, you can get there because those things are within your control.
但约会是关于你和另一个人相互选择,而你无法控制他人的行为。
But dating is about you and another person choosing each other, and you cannot control somebody else's behavior.
而这件事最难的地方在于,有时候他们就是不会选择你。
And the hardest thing about that is that sometimes they won't choose you.
总是如此。
All the time.
根据你作为这方面的教练的经验,你觉得人们在约会时最常犯的严重行为错误是什么?或者他们是如何为红灯信号找借口的?
And what do you see as kind of the top big behavior mistakes that people make when they date for the potential or when they are excusing away red flags based on your experience as a coach in this realm?
我认为人们没有退后一步、从宏观角度去真正审视他们约会的对象。
I think people don't take that step back and zoom out and really look at who they're dating.
因此,当我为约会咨询客户做指导时,我们会进行一次关系审计。
So when I work with dating coaching clients, we do a relationship audit.
我们会详细梳理他们生命中所有重要的关系。
And we really go through all the major relationships in their lives.
我们甚至从中学时期开始,从那些故事入手。
We even start in middle school, and we start with the stories.
你当时很受欢迎吗?别人对你感兴趣吗?
Were you popular and people were interested in you?
你是不是白人学校里唯一的南亚孩子,直到上大学才有人对你产生兴趣?
Were you the only South Asian kid in a white school and nobody was attracted to you until you went to college?
你是大器晚成的类型吗?
Were you a late bloomer?
真正去审视你的人生,把它看作一系列经历,以及这些经历如何塑造了今天的你。
And really looking at your life as a series of experiences and how they impacted who you are now.
然后你就会开始发现其中的模式。
And then you start to see the patterns.
真有意思。
Wow.
我还没准备好谈恋爱,所以我总是和情感上不成熟的人约会。
I'm not ready to date, so I always dated emotionally unavailable people.
然后我怪他们,但其实问题出在我自己身上。
And then I blame them, but it was really me.
或者我太乐观了,总是选择那些我认为有潜力的人,但结果是我感到沮丧,因为我约会的是他们的潜力,而不是他们的现实。
Or I'm such an optimist that I choose people because I think that they could reach their potential, but what ends up happening is I'm frustrated because I'm dating them for their potential for the project and not for reality.
所以,退一步想想,独自思考,或和治疗师、朋友一起探讨,真正问问自己:这些模式是什么?
And so taking that step back, do it alone, do it with the therapist, do it with a friend, and really say, what are the patterns?
是什么在阻碍我?
What's holding me back?
我该如何
And how can
才能在未来做出不同的选择?
I make a different choice in the future?
我觉得这是因为内心深处害怕成为那个单身的朋友。
I think it's this deep fear of being the single friend.
我想指出一件很少被提及的事情,那就是二十多岁是你人生中最艰难的十年之一,因为你前二十年都是和朋友们一起度过的。
Like, there's there's like, one of the things I wanna acknowledge that's not talked about a lot is the fact that the twenties is one of the hardest decades of your life because you've spent the first two decades moving through life with all your friends.
然后,我称之为‘大分散’的时刻发生了——大学毕业后,每个人都去了不同的城市,加入了不同的朋友圈,从事不同的工作,人生轨迹和时间表开始发生变化,你渐渐发现,有些人似乎赶在你前面,或者开始配对了。
And then what I call the great scattering happens, and everybody moves in different directions when you graduate from college and they're in different cities and different friend groups and have different jobs and then people's trajectories and timelines start to change and then you start to notice that people are either pulling ahead or so you think or they're pairing off.
我现在就在我女儿们身上看到了这种情况:以前住在一起的朋友,现在都搬去和伴侣同住了。
And I've seen this right now with my daughters where friends who are living together are now moving in with significant others.
于是,你开始拿自己的关系状态和人生里程碑与他人作比较。
And so you start to see relationship status and milestones against your own.
我认为这会引发一种恐慌感。
And I think it creates this sense of panic.
对于正在经历这种感受、觉得自己是那个单身朋友的人,你有什么想说的吗?
What do you wanna say or have someone who's listening that's feeling that, like I'm the single friend.
我是那个找不到对象的人。
I'm the one that can't find someone.
有什么好消息吗?或者,当你身处那个阶段时,你希望当时有人告诉你什么?
What is the good news, or what do you wish you knew when you were in that place?
所以我想换个角度来回答你的问题。
So I actually wanna take your question in a slightly different path,
这听起来可能有点老套,但我想说的是:珍惜你的友谊,因为朋友就是你的人生董事会。
which is that this sounds so cheesy, but the thing that I would wanna say is hold on to your friendships because your friends are your life board of directors.
这些人将影响你所有的决定。
These are the people who are gonna influence all of your decisions.
他们会帮你判断是否该去读法学院。
They're gonna help you figure out if you should go to law school.
他们会帮你摆脱一段有毒的关系。
They're gonna help you get out of that toxic relationship.
当你的孩子遇到问题时,他们会给你建议。
They're gonna advise you when your child is having a problem.
人们往往忽视友谊,因为在高中和大学时他们不断结识新朋友,却不知道30岁之后等待他们的是什么——我接触的很多客户都说,‘我需要恋爱方面的帮助,但我现在的朋友数量远不如我希望的那么多。’
And I think people take friendship for granted because they are in situations like high school and college where they're meeting a lot of different people, and they don't understand what's waiting for them on the other side of 30, which is so many of my clients that I work with say, you know, I need help with dating, but I also don't have as many friends as I want.
或者,我已经好几年没见大学时的朋友了。
Or I haven't seen my college friends in years.
因此,真正要培养这些关系,投入时间精力,飞越半个国土去见朋友,经常发消息关心他们生活中的点滴。
And so really fostering those relationships, investing in them, flying across the country and seeing people, texting them about things in their lives.
我觉得我们严重高估了找到朋友的容易程度,却低估了长期友谊的重要性。
I feel like we really overestimate how easy it will be to find a friend, and we underestimate how important those long term friendships are.
所以对于你的女儿、她的同龄人,以及所有这些人来说,你的朋友将对你的决策产生巨大影响。
And so for your daughter, for her peers, for all those people, your friends are gonna have a huge impact on the decisions you make.
因此,要明智地选择,并珍惜它们。
So choose wisely and hold on to them.
洛根,我真的很喜欢你这样条分缕析地讲解,我得暂停一下,让我们给赞助商一点时间说几句话。
Logan, I just love how you break this down, and I need to hit pause so we can give our sponsors a chance to share a few words.
请把这个节目分享给你爱的人,也请不要走开。
Please share this episode with the people that you love, and please don't go anywhere.
洛根这才刚刚开始。
Logan's only just getting started.
我还有好多问题没问呢,你可千万别走。
I got so many more questions, so don't you dare go anywhere.
广告结束后我就回来等你。
I'll be waiting for you after a short break.
别走开。
Stay with me.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我是你的朋友梅尔·罗宾斯。
It's your friend Mel Robbins.
今天,你和我将一起了解那些在现代约会世界中你和你所爱之人必须掌握的数据与科学支持的策略。
And today, you and I are getting the data and science supported strategies that you need to be using and so do the people that you love in the modern dating world.
所以,洛根,消失行为已经变得非常普遍。
So Logan, ghosting has become so common.
在现代生活和约会中,人们该如何应对消失和被拒绝带来的情感压力?
How can someone navigate the emotional toll of ghosting and rejection in modern life and dating?
我们在Hinge的研究中发现了一个关于消失行为的有趣现象:当问及人们为何选择消失时,大多数受访者——占40%——表示,他们不知道该如何向对方解释自己为什么不想再见面。
The interesting thing about ghosting that we found in our research at Hinge is that when you ask people, the majority of people, 40%, say that the reason why they ghost is because they don't know how to explain to somebody why they're not interested in seeing them again.
另一方面,当你问人们,你更希望被冷处理还是被直接拒绝?
On the other hand, when you say to people, would you rather be ghosted or have somebody reject you?
85%的人说,直接拒绝我吧。
85% of people say, reject me.
虽然那一刻很痛苦,但我宁愿知道原因。
It hurts in the moment, but I'd rather know.
所以一部分人说,告诉对方原因太难了。
So one side of the population is saying, it's too hard to tell you why.
而另一部分人说,不。
And the other side is saying, no.
请告诉我为什么。
Please tell me why.
因此,我的建议是,打开手机上的备忘录应用,写一条非常简单的拒绝信息,每次都可以复制粘贴。
And so my advice for people is to open up the notes app on your phone and write a very simple rejection text that you can copy and paste every time.
把它给我们看看。
Give it to us.
嘿,某某。
Hey, so and so.
很高兴认识你,但我认为我们不适合做情侣。
It was great meeting you, but I don't think we're a romantic match.
就这样。
That's it.
简短又得体。
It's short and sweet.
你需要
Do you need
我祝你一切顺利。
a I wish you well.
我希望你过得最好。
I hope you're the best.
比如,所有
Like, all
那种类型的。
that kind that.
你可以说:祝你在铁人三项中好运。
You can say, I wish you the best of luck with your triathlon.
希望你能得到你面试的那份工作。
I hope you get that job you interviewed for.
你可以加上任何你想加的内容。
You can add whatever you want.
但我不建议添加任何反馈,因为你并不是了解这个人的人。
But what I wouldn't add is any feedback because you are not an expert on this person.
你只是刚认识他们,你并不需要向他们解释什么。
You just met them, and you don't owe them an explanation.
你欠他们的,是善意和明确的决定:我不再想见你了。
What you do owe them is the kindness and the decision of I'm not interested in seeing you again.
我们常常让对方陷入模糊的境地,疑惑着:我不知道是否该放手了,也许他只是暂时离开,也许他 later 会再联系我。
And so often, we let people just sit there in ambiguity wondering, well, I don't know if I should move on because maybe he's just away and maybe he'll text me later.
如果他能直接告诉你他对你没兴趣,这反而会给你清晰的指引,让你能够放下并去寻找别人。
If he can just let you know he's not interested, it actually gives you the clarity to move on and find someone else.
对于二十多岁的人而言,很多人会觉得:好吧,我现在处于一种暧昧关系中。
For people in their twenties, many of them feel like, okay, I'm in this situationship.
这种关系很随意,但我真的想把它发展成认真的关系。
This is like casual, but I really wanna move this to something serious.
但他们不知道该如何开启这样的对话。
But they don't know how to have the conversation.
你有什么建议?
What is your advice?
是的。
Yes.
很多人会回避‘我们到底是什么关系’这样的对话,因为他们要么不知道该怎么说,要么害怕得到自己不想听的答案。
So a lot of people do avoid the what are we conversation because they either don't know how to do it or they're afraid of the answer that they're gonna get.
所以,我们从头开始说起。
So let's start at the beginning.
我认为首先得问问自己,为什么你想进行这场对话。
I think first, check-in with yourself about why you wanna have this conversation.
对于一些焦虑型依恋的人来说,他们往往会急于展开这场对话,因为他们只是想把对方锁定住。
For some people who are anxiously attached, they actually rush to this conversation because they just wanna lock somebody down.
所以如果你是这样的人,不妨和朋友聊聊,做个内心确认。
And so if you are somebody like that, gut check with a friend.
我们已经约会这么久了。
We've been dating for this long.
这是我们一起做过的事情。
This is what we've done together.
先确认一下,现在是不是提出这个问题的好时机。
Just gut check that it's a good time to bring it up.
然后你可以更直接地开口,比如:嘿。
Then you can bring it up more directly like, hey.
我真的很喜欢你。
I'm really interested in you.
我希望能成为彼此的唯一。
I'd love to be exclusive.
你感觉怎么样?
How are you feeling?
或者如果你需要一点帮助,你可以说,我们待会儿要见我的同事。
Or if you need a little help, you know, you can say, we're gonna be meeting my coworkers later.
我该叫你什么?
What should I call you?
你可以慢慢切入话题。
You can ease into it.
接下来这部分非常重要,但很多人常常忽略。
Then this is a really important part that people often miss.
这是一次对话。
This is a conversation.
这不是一场谈判。
This is not a negotiation.
如果对方给了你一个你不满意的结果,你的责任不是去说服他们改变主意。
If the person gives you an answer that you don't like, it's not your job to convince them otherwise.
随他们去吧。
Let them.
你现在有了做出决定所需的信息,明白了。
You now have the information that you need to decide, okay.
他们想六个月后再谈这件事。
They wanna revisit this in six months.
我愿意六个月后再谈这件事吗?
Do I wanna revisit this in six months?
这对我来说没问题。
That's fine with me.
我会留下。
I'll stay.
或者他们刚结束一段关系。
Or they just got out of relationship.
他们并不想认真交往。
They're not looking for anything serious.
但我想要,所以我打算结束这段暧昧关系,不管它叫什么。
Well, I am, so I'm going to end this situationship or whatever.
真正理解到,这其实是两个人互相了解的机会。
And so really understanding that this is an opportunity for two people to check-in.
你现在在哪里?
Where are you?
我在哪里?
Where am I?
我们想要什么?
What do we want?
我们朝着同一个方向前进吗?
Are we heading in the same direction?
你掌握的信息越多,就越有能力为自己做出正确的决定。
And the more information you have, the more empowered you are to make the right decisions for yourself.
我有一个来自听众艾米丽的另一个问题。
I have a another question from a listener named Emily.
我们接下来播放这个吧。
Let's play that one next.
你好,梅隆·洛根。
Hi, Melon Logan.
非常感谢你回答我的问题。
Thanks so much for taking my question.
我叫艾米丽,今年32岁。
My name's Emily, and I'm 32.
我在信任自己的直觉以及重新适应约会方面感到困难。
I'm having trouble trusting my instincts and getting comfortable with dating again.
有哪些方法或迹象可以让我知道我准备好了呢?
What are some ways or signs, I guess, that I could know that I'm ready?
我还会准备好吗?
Will I ever be ready?
听起来她已经准备好了。
Sounds like she's ready.
听起来她只是害怕而已。
Sounds like she's just scared.
她可能是个犹豫型的人,这属于我提出的三种约会倾向之一。
She might be a hesitator, which is part of my three dating tendencies.
有很多人对关系抱有不切实际的期望。
So there's a lot of people that have unrealistic expectations.
浪漫型的人对关系抱有不切实际的期望。
The romanticizer has unrealistic expectations about relationships.
最大化型的人对伴侣抱有不切实际的期望,而犹豫型的人则对自己抱有不切实际的期望。
The maximizer has unrealistic expectations of their partner, and the hesitator has unrealistic expectations of themselves.
所以她可能在等待自己100%准备好才开始约会,但实际上她应该在还没完全准备好时就开始,这样才能在实践中提升约会能力。
So she might be waiting until she's a 100% ready to start dating, whereas she should start before she's ready so that she can get better at dating.
我会对她说,我认为她应该在每次约会后做一次复盘,因为这是她自我反思的好机会。
What I would say to her is that I think she should take the post date eight after every date because that's an opportunity for her to check-in with herself.
我参加的约会是否让我感到舒适?
Am I going on dates that make me feel comfortable?
人们激发出的是我哪一面?
What side of myself are people bringing out?
听起来她可能有点与自己的身体、需求或快乐来源脱节了。
It sounds like she's a little disconnected maybe from her body or what she wants or what makes her happy.
她越能理解自己、明白自己真正想要什么,就越快能找到一段关系。
And the closer that she can get to understanding herself and what she wants, the sooner she'll find a relationship.
因为不了解自己的人,即使参加一百次约会,也可能说:外面没有好女孩。
Because people who don't know themselves can go on a 100 dates and then say, there's no good girls out there.
外面没有好男生。
There's no good guys out there.
从统计上讲,你很可能遇到过一个非常适合你的人,但你不知道该找什么,因为你连自己都不了解。
Well, statistically, you probably met someone who would have been great, but you didn't know what to look for because you don't even know yourself.
聊聊吧
Talk
给那些已经精疲力尽的人。
to the person that is burnt out.
是的。
Mhmm.
他们已经退出了那些交友应用。
They've been off the apps.
他们跟朋友抱怨说一切都太有毒了。
They are complaining with their friends about how toxic everything is.
但内心深处仍有一种渴望,觉得我可能该重新回到场子里了。
But there is that yearning deep inside, like, I I should probably put myself back out there.
你该怎么做到这一点呢?
How do you do this?
当我与那些感到倦怠、不再主动约会的客户合作时,我会告诉他们:你可以暂时远离约会。
When I work with clients who are burned out and not putting themselves out there, I do tell them you can take a break from dating.
有些人约会的方式是不可持续的。
Sometimes people date in a way that's not sustainable.
我自己也这么做过。
And I did this myself.
我记得当我还在使用约会软件、约会的时候,有一周我去了八场半约会。
I remember when I was on the apps and I was dating, I went once went on eight and a half dates in one week.
那真是太疯狂了。
And it was so crazy.
我去约会时总在想:我是不是已经跟你说过这个了?
I was going on the date saying, did I already tell you this?
我是不是已经讲过这个故事了?
Did did I tell you the story already?
我根本记不清自己跟谁聊过。
I couldn't keep track of who I was talking to.
那一点都不有趣,我感到精疲力尽。
It wasn't fun, and I got burned out.
这根本无法持续。
It wasn't sustainable.
对人们来说,慢慢约会、一次只约会一个人要好得多。
It's so much better for people to date slowly, date one person at a time.
如果你是内向的人,给自己一些时间恢复,这样你就不用陷入反复下载Hinge、对Hinge感到疲惫、删除Hinge、休息一段时间、然后再重新下载的循环。
If you're an introvert, give yourself time to recover, and then you don't have to go through this cycle of downloading Hinge, getting burnt out on Hinge, deleting Hinge, taking a break, then redownloading it.
这种下载、删除、重复的循环对人们来说感觉并不好。
That download, delete, repeat cycle doesn't feel good for people.
我真的很
I'd so
那你应该怎么做呢?
should you do it instead?
我认为你应该放慢脚步,认真审视自己,告诉自己:我是个内向的人。
I think you should slow down and really look at yourself and say, I'm an introvert.
如果每周约会超过一次,我会感到精疲力尽。
I can't go on more than one date a week without feeling burnt out.
或者我真的很热衷于我的爱好。
Or I'm really passionate about my hobbies.
我需要为这一点留出时间。
I need to keep time for that.
所以我认为人们应该设定最低的约会次数,让自己多出去接触他人。
And so I think people should be going on a minimum number of dates to get themselves out there.
但要以一种可持续的方式进行,而不是以每小时60英里的速度猛冲,最终精疲力尽,然后不得不休息。
But do it in a way where it feels like something you can sustain over time instead of going 60 miles an hour burning out and then needing to take a break.
人们避免倦怠的其他方法还包括更加主动一些。
Other things that people can do to avoid burnout are also being more proactive.
我知道这听起来反直觉,但我们从Hinge的研究中发现,那些感到最疲惫的女性,往往是那些获得最多关注、被过多选择压得喘不过气的女性,而她们实际上反而更被动。
I know that sounds counterintuitive, but the research we found at Hinge shows that some of the women that feel the most burned out are the women that get the most attention, feel overwhelmed by choice, and they're actually being more passive.
她们只等待那些主动来找她们的人。
They're only looking at the people who come to them.
相反,如果她们采取不同的方式,主动追求自己想要的,那种掌握主动权的感觉会与疲惫感呈负相关。
Instead, if they take a different approach and go after what they want, that feeling of being in the driver's seat is negatively correlated with feeling burned out.
换句话说,你越主动追求自己想要的,就越不容易感到疲惫。
In other words, the more that you go after what you want, the less burned out you feel.
这是Shay的问题。
This question from Shay.
我住在纽约市,由于种种原因,这里约会简直不可能。
I live in New York City, and it feels impossible to date here for a laundry list of reasons.
我90%的朋友和我认识的人都单身,不管他们多大年纪。
90% of my friends and the people I know are all single no matter what age they are.
这仅仅是纽约的问题,还是全球普遍现象?
Is this just a New York problem, or is this across the globe?
不同州、不同城市的人结婚年龄各不相同。
Different states, different cities have different ages at which people marry.
我相信我们都知道一些来自南方、很早就结婚的人。
I'm sure we all know people from the South who got married earlier.
我认为这确实因地区而异。
I think it does differ based on region.
但总体而言,很多人告诉我,他们住的城市是约会最糟糕的地方。
But overall, many people tell me, I live in the worst city for dating.
我认为,当人们持有这种态度时,往往会自我实现。
And I think that when people have that attitude, it can be very self fulfilling.
朱莉娅25岁问:从统计学角度看,生活在城市中的二十多岁的人更有可能在线上还是面对面认识伴侣?
Julia 25 asks, statistically speaking, are people in their twenties living in a city more likely to meet someone online or in person?
我觉得人们确实会对居住地产生一种焦虑,我住的地方对吗?
I do think that there's this kind of angst about where I live and am I in the right place?
我是在线上认识人,还是在现实中认识人?
Am I meeting them online, in person?
你在数据中看到了什么?
What are you seeing in the data?
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,如果我们退一步看看你收到的问题,很多都是:我是不是住错了城市?我只能通过约会应用认识人吗?
I mean, even if we just take a step back and look at the questions that you're getting, a lot of them are, am I living in the wrong city, and can I only meet someone on a dating app?
所以我会告诉她,自2017年以来,情侣们相识的最主要方式是通过网络,这是迈克尔·J的研究结果。
So what I would tell her is that since 2017, the number one way that couples meet is online, and that's research from Michael J.
罗森菲尔德。
Rosenfeld.
所以回到20世纪50年代,人们主要通过朋友和家人相识。
So going back to the nineteen fifties, people mostly met through friends and families.
从90年代开始,随着更多女性进入职场,人们既通过朋友和家人,也通过工作场合相识。
Starting in the nineties when more women were in the workplace, people were meeting through friends and family and also at work.
从2010年开始,有20%的人通过网络相识,如今这一比例已接近60%。
Starting in 2010, 20% of people met online, and it's now close to 60%.
所以从统计上看,你更有可能通过网络认识他人。
So statistically, you are more likely to meet someone online.
然而,我想劝大家不要陷入线上与线下这种二元对立的思维。
However, I wanna push people away from this binary of online versus offline.
为什么不能只是拥有一个身份呢?
Why can't you just have an identity?
我就是一个约会的人。
I'm a dater.
我愿意建立联系。
I'm open to connection.
你知道有什么不错的活动吗?
Do you know a great event?
我跟你一起去。
I'll come with you.
你有可爱的兄弟吗?
Do you have a cute brother?
我想见见他。
I'd like to meet him.
哦,我还有一个约会应用,通过它我认识了原本不会遇到的人。
Oh, I also have a dating app where I meet people who I wouldn't have met otherwise.
我认为这种全方位的约会方式比只能选择一种要健康得多。
And I think this holistic portfolio of dating is so much healthier than feeling like I can only choose one.
托马斯,二十六岁。
Thomas twenty six.
我非常想听听你对‘恶心感’到底意味着什么的看法?
I would love to hear your thoughts on the What does the ick really mean?
这只是一个借口来切断关系吗?
Is it just an excuse to cut someone off?
它真的只是表面现象,还是背后有更深层的原因?
And is it really at the surface level, or what is it about?
托马斯,我很高兴你问了这个问题,因为我很喜欢谈论这个话题。对于不了解‘恶心感’的人,我的朋友、喜剧演员贾里德·弗里德说得特别到位。
Thomas, I'm so glad you asked this because I love talking about the For people who don't know what the ick is, my friend Jared Fried, who's a comedian, really nails this.
他在他的Netflix脱口秀《37岁还是单身》中提到了这一点。
He talks about it in his Netflix special 37 and single.
他讲了一个女孩和一个男生约会的故事。
So he tells a story of a girl who's on a date with a guy.
她对他非常有好感。
She's really into him.
他们相处得很愉快。
They hit it off.
她想回家和他睡觉。
She wants to go home and sleep with him.
然后他去付账,你听到的是魔术贴钱包被拉开的声音。
And then he goes to pay the bill and you hear, and it's the sound of a Velcro wallet being pulled open.
突然间她感到反感,说:我再也无法和这个人继续下去了。
And suddenly she gets the and she says, I can't see this person anymore.
当贾里德讲喜剧时,他会问观众:有一个例子是,我和一个男生约会,我想象他为了赶公交车而奔跑。
And when Jared does comedy, he asks people in the audience for So one is I was on a date with a guy, and I imagined him running to catch a bus that he was late for.
甚至这件事根本没在现实中发生,她就已经感到反感了。
Not even didn't even happen in real life, and she got the ick.
我经常从别人那里听到这种说法。
And I hear this all the time from people.
你知道,他穿凉鞋配袜子。
You know, he wore socks with sandals.
他认为镍back乐队是个好乐队。
He thinks that Nickelback is a good band.
我对这种‘反感’情绪特别反感,因为我觉得人们用它来逃避亲密关系。
And I have such a big problem with the ick because I think that people use it as a way to push away connection.
我觉得这其实源于内心的一种状态——你觉得自己还没准备好进入一段关系。
And I think it has to do with something on the inside where you don't feel ready for a relationship.
你很害怕。
You're scared.
你希望在被拒绝之前先拒绝别人。
You wanna reject someone before they reject you.
但我们都知道,一个人可以换一个新的钱包,喜欢镍币乐队并不会影响你长期关系的成功。
But we all know that somebody can get a new wallet, that somebody liking Nickelback has no impact on your long term relationship success.
但当你过分关注这些小事时,你就真的无法与任何人建立联系了,这是一种保持单身却把责任推给别人的手段。
But when you focus on the you really make it impossible to connect with anyone, and it's a way to stay single but blame someone else.
你知道,有
You know, there's
我们收到了很多关于平均有多少人同时与男性和女性交谈的问题。
a lot of questions that we got about the average of how many people are men and women talking to at the same time.
我没有这方面的精确数据,但Hinge目前推出的‘轮次限制’功能正是试图降低这个数字。
I don't have exact data on that, but what Hinge is doing right now with Your Turn Limits is really trying to lower that.
我们有研究显示,当一个人同时与五人或更少的人聊天时,更有可能与他们约会上演,并更有可能发展成一段关系。
So we have research that people think that when you talk to five or fewer people at the same time, you're more likely to get to a date with them and you're more likely to get into a relationship.
所以很多人喜欢把鸡蛋放在所有篮子里。
So a lot of people like to have their eggs in all the baskets.
他们喜欢保持选择的开放性。
They like to keep their options open.
但行为科学的一项有趣研究指出,我们虽然偏好更多选择,但当选择更少时,事情往往更好,因为那时我们会对自己的决定更有信心。
But an interesting piece of research from behavioral science is that we prefer options, but often things are better when we have fewer choices because then we feel more confident in our decisions.
所以,如果你希望一次只专注于一个人,那很好。
So if you are somebody who wants to focus on one person at a time, that's great.
如果你想要更多选择,可以同时与五、六、七、八个人聊天。
If you want more options, talk to five, six, seven, eight people at a time.
但当你试图同时维持这么多关系时,总会有一些会掉下来。
But when you're trying to keep all these balls in the air, you're going to drop some.
几周前我去参加一个派对,有个女孩说:‘你是在Hinge工作吗?’
And so I was at a party a few weeks ago, and this girl was like, you work at Hinge?
我老公呢?
Where's my husband?
看看我的手机。
Look at my phone.
我老公呢?
Where's my husband?
我当时就说:‘好吧。’
And I was like, okay.
不错。
Cool.
我们打开Hinge吧。
Let's open Hinge.
我当时在想,她犯了哪些错误。
And I was like me the mistakes she was making.
她有那么多匹配对象,却都不回复。
She had so many matches that she wasn't responding to.
我当时就想,你明明花了心思表达兴趣,还和对方匹配上了。
And I was like, you went through the effort of indicating interest in this person and matching with them.
你们的对话连三个来回都没撑到。
You didn't even get to the third back and forth in your conversation.
然后你却在问,我老公去哪儿了?
And then you're saying, where's my husband?
他完全有可能就在你的匹配列表里,但你只是不停地添加更多人,却从不认真看看每一个,问自己:我想和你约会吗?
He very well could be in your matches, but you're just getting more and more people instead of actually looking at each one and saying, do I wanna go on a date with you?
太好了。
Great.
我们来安排一下。
Let's set that up.
我难道永远都不想见到你了吗?
Do I not wanna ever see you?
很好。
Great.
我会结束这段对话。
I'll close out the conversation.
所以我认为人们不明白需要一步一步地看待每个人,并思考:我是否要继续推进?
And so I think that people don't understand the necessary steps of looking at one person at a time and saying, do I move forward or not?
并做出结束的决定。
And making the decision to close.
因为
Because what
你选择关闭也会影响算法,决定下次给你推荐谁。
you close also informs the algorithm of who's your who you're shown next.
我喜欢这个问题。
I love this question.
我们在与新人初次沟通时,通过玩心理游戏、不够热情、不及时回复来制造欲罢不能的效果,这到底是帮助了我们,还是伤害了我们?
Are we overthinking initial communication with a new person by playing games or not being overly enthusiastic or leaving them wanting more by not responding quickly, actually helping us or hurting us?
我很高兴这个人问了这个问题,因为我实际上已经做过一些
I'm really glad that this person asked this question because I've actually done a
关于这一点与Z世代的大量研究。
lot of research on this with Gen Z.
Z世代是数字原住民。
So Gen Z are digital natives.
他们有一种叫做数字肢体语言的东西。
They have something called digital body language.
我们都有这种语言,但这是通过在线交流传递的未言明的信息。
We all have this, but this is the unspoken messages that we send through our communication online.
例如,肢体语言方面,当我向后靠在椅子上并交叉双臂时,这给你带来的印象,和我身体前倾、对你说的话表现出极大兴趣时是不同的。
So for example, body language, when I sit back in my seat and I cross my arms, that gives you a different impression than when I'm leaning forward, very interested in what you're saying.
我们在网上也做同样的事情。
We do the same thing online.
比如,你是否使用句号,是否提出问题,以及回复消息需要多长时间。
So if you use periods or not, if you ask questions or you don't ask questions, how long it takes you to respond to a message.
我发现,许多不同世代的人都会关注数字肢体语言,但Z世代对此尤为重视。
And what I saw is that a lot of different generations tune into digital body language, but Gen Z is very focused on it.
因此,他们会玩一种游戏:我注意到她回复我花了 exactly 多少小时,那我就等那个时间再加一小时才回复。
And so they play these games of I saw exactly how many hours it took for her to respond, so I'm gonna wait that plus an hour to respond.
当你玩这种游戏时,没有人会赢。
Nobody wins when you play games.
获胜的方式是找到你喜欢的人,投入这段关系,离开应用,进入真实的关系,这样你就再也不用约会了。
The way to win is to find someone that you like, invest in the relationship, get off the app, get into relationship, and you never have to date again.
但当你坐在那里玩这种游戏,过度分析回复时间时,我觉得你这是只见树木,不见森林。
But when you're sitting there playing games and overanalyzing response times, I feel like you're missing the forest for the trees.
所以建议就是做你自己,然后
So is the advice just be yourself and
如果你想沟通,那就去沟通吧。
if you wanna communicate, communicate?
我觉得‘做你自己’这句话对很多人来说很难践行,因为我确实听到很多人说:做你自己,但要做最积极版本的自己,做你自己,
I think just be yourself can be hard for people to follow because I I do hear from a lot of people where they're like, just be myself, but the most positive version of myself, just be myself,
但要成为每个人都喜欢的那个自己。
but the self that everyone likes.
这说得通。
That's fair.
但我不知道该怎么跟我的孩子说,因为当我看到他们沉迷于这种事时,我只想说:发个该死的短信吧,你到底怎么了?
But I don't know what the hell to say to my kids because when I look at them obsessing over this kind of thing, I'm just saying send the damn text, like what the hell is wrong with you?
但你让我突然意识到,哦,等等,
But you just made me realize, oh, wait,
我根本不会去想数字肢体语言这回事。
like, I don't even think about digital body language.
所以我想说的是,如果你选择参与这个游戏,那你们俩都会陷入长时间等待的游戏中。
So what I would say is that if you opt into the game, then you're both gonna play the game of waiting for a long time.
但当两个人真的喜欢对方时,他们就不会再关注回复时间,而只会对对话感到兴奋。
But when people really like each other, they stop thinking about response times, and they just get excited about the conversation.
我的最好的朋友拉娜,我每天都和她发消息。
So my best friend Lana, I text with her all day, every day.
我没有在考虑回复时间,因为我全身心投入到对话中了。
I'm not thinking about the response time because I'm engaged in the conversation.
进行一场更吸引人的对话。
Have a more engaging conversation.
对你即将见面的人产生兴趣,放下手机和短信,去约个会吧。
Get excited about the person that you're meeting, and get off the app and get off text and get onto a date.
人们花在发短信上的时间太长了。
People spend way too long texting.
人们
People
花费,但这就是关键。
spend Well, that's the thing.
发短信的好处是它很简单。
The thing about texting is it's easy.
是的。
Yes.
如果他们想见你,早就安排计划了。
If they wanted to see you, they'd be making plans.
这个年龄段的很多人把发短信误认为对方有兴趣,我认为你应该把发短信看作是对方感到无聊。
A lot of people in this age group mistake texting for somebody being interested, and I think you should look at texting as somebody being bored.
如果他们没有把关系推进到现实生活中,那他们对你根本没有兴趣,就是这样。
And if they're not actually moving it into real life, they're not interested in you, full stop.
我觉得
I think that
这是人们被技术误导的另一个地方。
this is another place where people get confused by the technology.
短信是一种帮助你与人建立联系的工具,但不应该是整个关系的全部。
Texting is a tool that helps you connect with somebody, but it shouldn't be the whole relationship.
因此,在Hinge,我们发现发三天短信后就约见面是最理想的时机。
So at Hinge, we found that the sweet spot is after three days of texting, get to a date.
可能是电话通话,可能是视频约会,也可能是在酒吧见面。
Might be a phone call, might be a video date, might be meeting at a bar.
但当你觉得‘我需要更多地了解他们,问问他们的梦想’时。
But when you're like, oh, I need to get to know them more and ask them about their dreams.
那你觉得第一次约会是干什么用的?
It's like, what do you think a first date is for?
所以我认为人们在见面前花了太多时间聊天。
So I think people spend way too much time talking in advance.
然后他们在脑子里构建出一个人的幻想。
Then they create a fantasy of somebody in their head.
他们去赴约时。
They show up to the date.
对方并不符合他们的幻想,因为他们自己编造了这个幻想,于是感到失望。
The person doesn't meet their fantasy because they made it up, and then they're disappointed.
避免这种情况的方法是,比你想象的更早地通过电话、视频或面对面见面。
The way to avoid that is to meet them phone date, video date in person sooner than you think.
我也非常认同这种观点:核心目的是建立联系,无论是在现实生活中还是在应用上,这都是约会,然后尽快离开应用,真正与对方相处。
I also love the emphasis on the whole point is to connect somewhere, whether it's in real life or it's on the app, it's all dating, and then get off the app as fast as you can to actually be with the person.
我喜欢三天规则。
I love the three day rule.
我认为只是不停地发短信是个巨大的错误。
I think it's a huge mistake to just text, text, text.
我喜欢你指出这一点:当你只是反复来回聊天,因为这样简单、方便,而且有人关注你感觉很有趣时,你脑海中的幻想就会越大。
I love the fact that you're calling people out, that the longer you are just going back and forth because it's easy and convenient and it's fun to have somebody pay attention to you, the bigger the fantasy is in your head.
而最快抵达现实的方式,就是亲自见到对方。
And the faster you're gonna get to reality is by getting in front of the person.
我也很喜欢你告诉所有人,要结束那些你并不感兴趣的话题。
And I also love that you're telling everybody close out the conversations you're not interested in.
是的。
Yeah.
像你希望被对待的方式一样去对待别人。
Like, treat people how you'd wanna be treated.
而且我喜欢你告诉所有人,不要玩这种游戏,因为你只会吸引那些也想玩这种游戏的人。
And I love that you're also telling everybody, don't play the game because you're only inviting other people that wanna play a game.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。