本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
我的智力并不依附于大脑中的任何语言。
My intelligence is not attached to any language in my brain.
我以抽象的方式思考,并非所有人工智能都必须基于大语言模型。
I think in an abstract way, not every AI has to be LLM based.
我意识到,并非世界上的一切都与语言相关。
And there was a realization to me is like not everything is related to language in this world.
比如机器人技术并不依赖于语言。
Like robotics is not attached to language.
EBM 是这个故事的一部分。
EBM is one part of the story.
将 EBM 与大语言模型结合是这个故事的另一部分。
EBM attached to the LLM is another part of the story.
这正是基于能量的模型的全部意义。
This is the whole point of energy based model.
你从来不需要猜测下一个词。
You never have to guess the next word.
你不再真的在玩猜谜游戏了。
You don't really play in a guessing game anymore.
你看到你的能量景观,就知道正确答案在哪里。
You see your energy landscape, you know where the right answer is.
欢迎各位人类来到《神经元》播客的最新一期。
Welcome, humans, to the latest episode of the neuron podcast.
我是《神经元》的编辑科里·诺尔斯,和往常一样,我们邀请到了格兰特·哈维。
I'm Corey Knowles, editor of the neuron, and we're joined as always by Grant Harvey.
你好吗,格兰特?
How are you, Grant?
最近一家叫逻辑智能的公司发布了重大新闻。
Looks like some big news big news dropped recently here from a company called Logical Intelligence.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
That's right.
Logical Intelligence。
Logical Intelligence.
这真是个重磅消息。
This is some pretty huge news.
所以,Logical Intelligence刚刚宣布,颜立坤加入了。
So Logical Intelligence just announced that Yan Likun.
我们说的是图灵奖得主,前Meta首席人工智能科学家,深度学习的奠基人之一,他现在担任他们技术研究委员会的创始主席。
We're talking the Turing Award winner, former chief AI scientist at Meta, and one of the godfathers of deep learning, just joined as the founding chair of their technical research board.
这家公司正在打造与ChatGPT和Claude完全不同的东西。
And this company is building something completely different from ChatGPT and Claude.
这家公司的创始人Eve Bodnia也有着非凡的背景。
The founder, Eve Bodnia, has a wild background as well.
她是一位物理学家,拥有量子信息和代数拓扑的博士学位。
She's a physicist with a PhD in quantum information and algebraic topology.
她发表了22篇关于暗物质和量子力学的论文,并表示她的新Kona模型首次出现了通用人工智能的可信迹象。
She's published 22 papers on dark matter and quantum mechanics, and she's saying that her new Kona model represents the first credible signs of AGI.
所以今天,我们要深入剖析基于能量的模型到底是什么,为什么它们几乎不会幻觉,它们与语言模型相比处于什么位置,以及这究竟是通向AGI的路径,还只是一个非常强大的约束求解器。
So today, we're gonna break down what energy based models actually are, why they almost can't hallucinate, where they belong versus language models, and whether this is actually a path to AGI or just a really strong constraint solver.
所以今天,我们要请她来谈谈。
So today, we're gonna bring her on.
欢迎Eve Bodnia来到Neuron频道。
Eve Bodnia, welcome to the neuron.
很高兴你来。
It's great to have you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
干杯。
Cheers.
很高兴能来这里。
Happy to be here.
太好了。
Excellent.
那我们先从你开始吧。
Well, let's start with you.
你有如此出色的背景,研究暗物质和量子物理,真了不起。
That's such an awesome background, thinking of of dark matter and quantum physics.
这个背景是如何引导你创立逻辑智能的呢?
How did that background lead you to start logical intelligence?
实际上,这个背景比听起来要复杂一些。
Actually, it's this background is a little bit more complex than it sounds.
我觉得从小时候起,我就天生充满好奇,一直想理解这个宇宙是如何运作的。
I think since, like, I was a kid, I was just naturally curious, and I was trying to understand how this universe works.
我试图选择一个对我没有限制的领域。
And I was trying to, like, pick a field which has, like, no limits to myself.
我觉得自己不适合当医生或工程师,因为这些领域有明确的掌握界限,而我总觉得不够好,无法更进一步。
Like, I felt that I'm not gonna be a good doctor or, like, an engineer because there's a level of things you can master and kinda, like, I was not good enough to go further.
在理论科学方面,我觉得自己可以不断深入,而且我对数学和理论物理还算擅长。
And on theoretical science, I felt like I could just go up and up, and I was relatively okay with mathematics and theoretical physics.
我想,也许我就从物理学开始,全身心投入,去理解事物是如何运作的,自然的基本规律是什么,并成为一名教授。
And I'm like, well, maybe I'm just gonna start with physics and just throw myself into it and try to understand how things work, what's, like, the fundamental laws of nature, and become a professor.
我大概是在十一岁左右做出这个决定的。
And I just made the decision maybe when I was, like, around 11 years old.
从那以后,我整个一生都在努力优化自己,寻找身边最优秀、最聪明的人,向他们学习,同时寻找最好的学习资源。
And since then, my whole life, I was, like, trying to optimise for finding the best people, the smartest people around me, so I can learn from them and, like, the best resources available for this.
所以我和家人搬了很多次家,最终来到了湾区。
So I moved a lot with my family and ended up being in the Bay Area.
我在加州大学伯克利分校读本科时,认识了丹尼尔·麦肯齐教授。
I went to UC Berkeley for my undergrad, and I met professor Daniel McKenzie.
嗨,丹。
Hi, Dan.
他深深投身于暗物质研究,同时也专注于理解对称性是如何运作的,以及这些对称性如何被用来描述自然规律。
He was he was, like, so deep into dark matter, but also he was focused on just general, like, understanding how, you know, symmetries and how it's, like, how the symmetries work and how it's applied to describe the laws of nature.
所以并不仅仅是暗物质。
So it was not just dark matter.
主要是粒子物理学,这是最基础的领域之一。
It was mainly, like, the particle physics, is, like, one of the most fundamental areas.
我被它的数学基础所吸引,一旦你接触了不同的领域,就会开始发现其中的模式。
And I was, like, attracted to mathematical foundations of it, and eventually, once you expose to different areas, you start seeing the patterns.
我当时有点理解了粒子物理学的工作原理,同样的数学方法也可以应用于理解大脑的工作方式。
And I was like, well, I kinda like understand a little bit how particle physics works and the same mathematical methodology can be applied to, like, how brain works.
确实有一些框架,每个框架都不同,但有些框架可以用来解释大脑的工作方式。
Well, there are some frameworks, like, every frameworks, but some frameworks can be applied how the brain works.
一旦你开始质疑大脑是如何工作的,你自然就会追问什么是智能,以及它是如何运作的。
And once you start questioning how the brain works, you're naturally questioning what is intelligence and how it works.
我遇到了迈克尔·弗里德曼,当时他在谷歌量子人工智能部门,我们在我的博士期间于加州大学圣塔芭芭拉分校有过合作。
And I met Michael Friedman, who was back then at Google Quantum AI, and we had a collaboration at UC Santa Barbara during my PhD year.
他问我:‘你为什么在脑机芯片开发这个领域做这些事?’
And he's like I I why he he just shared, like, Eve, what are you doing with, like, brain chip development space?
我们在人工智能领域也在做同样的事情。
We are also doing the same in AI space.
我们自然而然地开始讨论这个话题。
And we started naturally talking about it.
我觉得,也许存在一些基本的规律,能从物理学的角度来描述智能,而不是传统的计算机科学方法。
And I'm like, well, maybe there is some fundamental laws describing intelligence just from the physics perspective rather than, you know, traditional computer science techniques.
我进一步深入研究,用我自己的数学语言理解了能量模型究竟是什么。
And I just went deeper and got an idea of sort of what is energy based models are, but in my own mathematical language.
然后我与我们的首席人工智能官进行了交流。
And then I spoke with our chief of AI.
他说,这些想法其实已经以另一种形式存在了。
And he's like, well, those ideas already exist in a different form.
他正在开创这一领域。
And is pioneering it.
所以我说,好吧,我想了解更多。
So I'm like, okay, I I wanna learn more.
所以这完全是事情自然发展的结果。
So it it was like a natural progression of things.
我从未想过自己会成为硅谷的科技人士。
It was never me, like, imagining myself being a tech whatever person in Silicon Valley.
我从来没想过自己会做这件事。
I was never I was never imagining myself doing this.
我当时就想,我只是做个教授而已。
I was like, oh, I'm just gonna be a professor.
我就去教书。
I'm gonna be teaching.
我只是想深入研究,发表我的论文。
I'm just gonna go deeper, publish my papers.
所以当架构的解决方案出现时,我的第一反应是:哦,我只是发篇论文,然后在某处获得终身教职。
So when the solution came for the architecture, my first instinct was like, oh, I'm just gonna publish a paper and get a tenure somewhere.
后来我遇到了一位朋友,他说:如果你在学术界,想要跟AI公司同样的速度推进,会相当困难,所以你或许应该考虑创办一家公司。
And then I met a friend and he's like, oh, if you're in academia, it's kinda gonna be hard for you to move the same speed as AI companies, so maybe you should consider start a company.
到那时我已经怀孕八个月了,而且我已经有自己的房子了。
And I was eight months pregnant by then, and I already had my own home.
我当时真的很激动,你知道的。
I was, like, very ed, you know.
我说,不行。
And I'm like, no.
不行。
No.
不行。
No.
这不可能。
There's no way.
绝对不可能。
No way.
然后这件事才慢慢在脑子里沉淀下来,我想,好吧。
And then it just, like, sinks in in your brain, and you just I'm like, okay.
我们干脆直接做吧。
Let's let's just do it.
瞧,我们现在就在这儿了。
And here here we are.
这太棒了。
That is so awesome.
是的。
Yeah.
真是个精彩的故事。
What a great story.
真酷。
That's cool.
对。
Yeah.
看到它是如何自然发展的真的很棒,你既在追随自己的热情,又在追随科学,而这一切最终把你带到了今天的位置。
It's cool to see how it kind of evolves naturally, and it's like you're following your passion, but then you're also following the science, and then that leads you to this to where you are now.
学校。
School.
是的。
Yeah.
你知道,学术界是个很棒的地方。
And, you know, academia is amazing place.
你只是无条件地做科学。
Like, you're just doing science unconditionally.
而在产业界,我觉得你不得不强迫自己有条件地做,因为你的企业必须盈利,你必须,
And industry, I feel like you have to force to make it conditionally because your business has to be profitable, and you have to,
对,是的。
like Yeah.
考虑其他变量。
Take into account other variables.
但另一方面,你拥有来自投资者的大量资源,他们也是你值得信赖的合作伙伴,你们在愿景上达成一致,这正是它的强大之处。
But on another hand, you have a lot of resources from your investors who are also your trusted partners, and you, like, aligned on the vision and that's what makes it powerful.
我非常高兴自己做出了这个选择。
And I'm I'm very happy that I made this choice.
我依然在做我原来做的事情。
I'm I'm still doing what I was doing.
只是事情的规模变大了。
It's just like the the scale of things is larger.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
For sure.
你能给我们简单介绍一下什么是基于能量的模型吗?
Could you could you give us the the overhead simple view of what is an energy based model?
嗯。
Mhmm.
对。
Right.
而且我们已经
And we've
特别是将它与语言模型进行对比。
Specifically contrasting it to language models as well.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得我最好先说明我对大语言模型的看法,然后再解释我对能量模型的观点,这样你们就能看出其中的区别。
I feel like it's better for me to, like, understanding my view on the LLMs, and then I explain my views on IBMs, and you're kinda gonna see the difference.
完美。
Perfect.
所以,大语言模型非常出色。
So the LLMs, they're great.
它们是处理语言相关任务的优秀AI模型。
They're great AI models for language related tasks.
任务。
Tasks.
当我刚开始使用第一个由OpenAI发布的大语言模型时,我打开它后。
And when I just started playing with the first LLM, it just came out from OpenAI and I opened it.
我当时想,哇,这看起来太棒了。
I was like, wow, that looks amazing.
如果你问一些个人问题,它会做出回应。
If you ask, like, personal questions, it responds.
然后,我会尝试深入探索。
And, you know, then I try to go deeper.
它就像是,哦,你能帮我做数学或者我的研究吗?
It's like, oh, can you help me with math or, like, with my research?
它在提供一些资源方面仍然相当不错,但当你点开那些链接时,会发现有些内容有点不对劲。
And it's still pretty good at, like, providing you some, you know, resources, but then you kinda go on the links and you see, like, things a little bit off.
我当时就想,我很好奇它是怎么运作的,随着我逐渐理解得更深,我意识到它的做法其实就是把所有数据映射到一个语言空间中。
And I'm like, well, I'm just wondering how and as I was understanding a little bit more, I just realized, like, the way it's done, it's just taking all the data and it maps in a language space.
然后它试图预测下一个词,以词元的形式进行。
And then it tries to, like, predict the next word, like, in a form of tokens.
它会自然地产生幻觉,因为有时候在某些语言中,词语之间本身就很容易彼此接近。
And it's like it naturally hallucinates because, like, sometimes words just naturally close to each other in in some languages.
而且,它还会让你的智能依赖于语言。
And also, it makes your intelligence language dependent.
我会说多种语言。
Like, I speak multiple languages.
我女儿会说西班牙语。
Like, my daughter speaks Spanish.
我会说俄语。
I speak Russian.
我也会说乌克兰语。
I also speak Ukrainian.
我会说英语。
I speak English.
哇。
Wow.
当我
And when I
太棒了。
That's awesome.
当我从整体上思考时,我的思维并不依附于大脑中的任何一种语言。
When I think in general, when I think, I I don't, like my intelligence is not attached to any language in my brain.
对吧?
Right?
我以一种抽象的方式思考,但仍然能够用我所会的任何语言来解码它。
I think in an abstract way, but yet I have a chance to decode it in any language I speak.
但有时候我根本不需要说话。
But also sometimes I don't have to, like, speak at all.
我可以只是动一动东西,根本不用开口说话。
I can just, you know, move things around and I don't have to speak.
于是我对这一点有了一个领悟。
So and there was a realization to me.
这世界上的事情,并非全都与语言相关。
It's like not everything is related to language in this world.
比如,机器人技术就和语言无关。
Like, robotics is not attached to language.
如果你在尝试通过固件或硬件控制电路,最低层级的逻辑操作根本不需要任何语言。
If you're trying to control the circuits, like lower the lowest logic level via firmware or hardware, you don't need to have any language in there.
对吧?
Right?
所以,是的。
So Yeah.
语言是我们人类相互交流并创建与我们沟通的程序的重要部分。
Language is a big part for us, people, to communicate with each other and create programs which communicate to us.
但周围有很多信息与任何语言都无关。
But there's a lot of a lot of just information around us not tied to any language.
我觉得,这是一个很棒的领悟。
And I'm like, well, it's it's a great realization.
如果大型语言模型历史上是第一批与语言绑定的AI模型,人们自然会认为AI就是大型语言模型。
And if LLM historically were the first AI models which are tied to the language, people naturally think, oh, AI means LLM.
我只是想弄清楚,如何能让人们明白,并非所有的AI都必须基于大型语言模型。
I'm like, I just need to, like, understand how I could just teach people that not every AI is has to be LLM based.
确实存在一些以抽象方式思考的模型,就像你的大脑一样。
And there are models out there which think in an abstract way, just like your brain.
你可以通过不同的行为形式来解读它们。
And you can have a chance to decode it in different form of action.
比如,可以是运动。
Like, can be movement.
它可以是软件之间的交流,比如你的AI模型与其他软件对话,或者你的AI用不同的语言进行交流。
It can be software speaking like, your AI model speaks to another software, or it can be your AI speaks in different languages.
所以你应该拥有选择权。
So you're supposed to have a choice.
而这些选择都不需要依赖于你必须附加的外部扩展。
And each of these choices is not really relying on, like, an extension you're supposed to attach to yourself.
比如,有人会问,为什么用数独来说明EBM?
Like, for example, Sudoku people asking, like, why Sudoku for the EBMs?
数独就是一个例子,你可以用大脑来解决它。
Like, Sudoku is an example when you can solve it with your brain.
你不需要编写程序来完成它,也不需要在任何语言中寻找模式来解决它。
You don't have to write a program to do this, and you don't have to search for any patterns in any language to solve it.
这样做的目的只是为了告诉人们:嘿,你周围有一个世界。
The whole purpose is just to show people, hey, there's a world around you.
这不仅仅是语言。
It's not just language.
还有更多内容。
There's a lot more.
还涉及空间思维。
There's, like, spatial thinking involved.
而这正是我们的初衷,因为我意识到很多人根本看不到其中的区别。
And that was, like, the whole purpose because I realized, like, many people just don't see the difference.
我们设计的模型正是为此而生。
And the model we designed is exactly for that.
它并不是在使用某种语言思考,而是拥有自己的向量抽象表示,就像机器语言中的机器事物一样。
It's not it's not thinking it's any language, but it has its own vector abstract representation, like machine things in machine language, let's say.
这不是一个技术术语,但它有自己的语言。
It's not a technical term, but it thinks it's an own language.
然后你可以做出选择,比如你希望它以图像形式、视频形式还是语言形式呈现?
And then you can have a choice, like, do you want it to be drawn in a form of image or in a form of video, in a form of language?
或者你只是想继续以同样的方式思考,并与另一个软件交流。
Or you might just wanna continue thinking in the same way and talk to another software.
哇。
Wow.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
我一直在思考这个问题,意思是,从最基础的层面来说,并不是每个人都将打字作为主要的交流方式。
I've been thinking about this forever in the sense that that that, you know, not everyone very at simple level, not everyone types as their primary form of communication.
对吧?
Right?
比如,艺术家会画画。
Like an artist draws.
没错。
Exactly.
音乐家则会演奏音乐。
A musician will play music.
人们还有其他交流方式,不仅仅是语言。
Like there's there's there's other ways for people to communicate than just language.
所以,有另一种方式来做这件事真是太棒了。
So it's brilliant that there is another way of doing this.
我不确定你是否必须将所有内容都进行分词,才能像如今我们所知的语音模型那样工作。
And I wasn't sure if you had to tokenize everything in order to get like, you know, like for example, like a voice model that we know of as today.
语音模型在技术上是否仍然像文本一样被分词?
Is a voice model technically tokenized like like text still?
也就是说,它在技术上是否仍然是一个
Like, is it still technically a,
优秀的模型?
like, good model?
它仍然是一种语言。
Is still a language.
对吧?
Right?
就是这样。
It's just Yeah.
语言以音频形式存在。
Language in, like, the audio firms form.
所以这可能是有道理的。
So it probably makes sense.
你不必这样做。
You don't have to do this.
比如我们创建的基于能量的模型,它直接接收数据并将其映射为自身的抽象表示。
Like, the energy based model we created, it just takes data and it maps it in its own abstract representation.
对。
Right.
我们称之为能量景观,然后你可以同时看到所有可能的情景,整个科学的核心就是如何以最快的方式导航这个景观。
We call it energy landscape, and then you kinda see all the scenarios at the same time, and the whole science becomes how do you navigate this landscape in the fastest possible way.
所以在这种情况下,我们根本没有任何标记。
So in this case, we don't have any tokens at all.
就像,这里没有任何标记。
Like, there's no token.
这是一个无标记的模型。
It's token free model.
但语言可以附加到它上面。
But the language can be attached to it.
所以我们有一个适用于机器人学的EBM版本,它没有任何类似LLM的层。
So we have a version of the EBM which is suitable for robotics, which doesn't have any like LLM layer.
在这种情况下,LLM只是一个用户界面。
In this case, LLM is just like a user interface.
因为对我们来说,语言就像我跟你说话,我的语言本身没有智能。
Because language for us, it's like I I speak to you and my language has no intelligence.
我的大脑有一些智能,但我的语言是空的,除非它与我的大脑相连。
It's like my brain has some intelligence, but my language is empty unless it's attached to my brain.
所以你所谓的智能语言,或者任何语言,都只是你智能的一种体现。
So your smart language or just any it's it's a manifestation of your intelligence.
你可以模仿它,但有时候并不需要。
And you can mimic it, but you don't have to sometimes.
在这种情况下,EBM可以通过LLM与人交流,如果你希望语言外显,LLM就像一个用户界面。
So in this case, the EBM, it has an ability to speak to people through the LLM if you want the language to be out there, an LLM just like a user interface.
但我们也有一个不包含它的版本。
But we also have a version which does not.
这就是为什么我开始谈论生态系统,你知道,人们总在谈论AGI。
So this is why I start talking about ecosystem, like, you know, people talk about AGI.
AGI只是一个时髦的词,就像这个视频开头一样,你刚才说,我看到了AGI的迹象。
AGI is a fancy word and the beginning of this video, whatever, you just said, like, I see the signs of AGI.
那不是我。
It's not me.
是记者们看到了AGI的迹象。
It's the journalists see the signs of the AGI.
但对我来说,自然,这很合理。
But for me, like, naturally Fair enough.
对我来说,自然地,我会问,什么是AGI?
For me, naturally, I asked, like, what is AGI?
我们能定义什么是AGI吗?
Like, can we define what is AGI?
如果你开始
And if you start
谈论的话,重要的是在某个时候停下来定义它。
talking an important step to pause and define it at some point.
没错。
Exactly.
所以,你知道,你跟每个人交谈时,他们都会有自己的AGI定义。
So and, you know, every person you're gonna speak to, they're gonna have their own definition of AGI.
确实如此。
It's true.
对我来说,AGI是一种通用智能,能够规划、适应,具备某种预测能力——不一定需要精确的预测,但它是规划的一部分。
And to me, AGI is some form of general intelligence which can plan, which can adopt, it can have some sort of prediction in it doesn't have to be precise prediction, but it's part of the planning.
对吧?
Right?
所以作为人类,我们不断进化,大脑中拥有记忆。
So we as humans as evolving, you have memory in your brain.
你的大脑有某些特定的区域和层级结构。
Your brain has like certain parts and certain hierarchy.
这些区域之间相互沟通。
It communicates to each other.
有短期记忆。
There's short term memory.
也有长期记忆。
There's long term memory.
所有这些都在帮助你优化规划与预测,以便生存。
All of this is doing is helping you optimize for planning and prediction so you can survive.
而这正是让我们人类变得聪明的原因。
And that's what makes, like, us sort of humans intelligent.
这里也是同样的道理。
And it's like it's the same idea here.
对吧?
Right?
所以AI也会有所进化。
So there's gonna be some evolution of AI.
如果我们想与真实世界互动,就必须具备规划、预测和适应的能力。
If we wanted to interact with the real world, you need to have ability to plan and predict and adopt.
因为这个世界非常严酷,环境可能相当恶劣。
Because the world is a very, like it can be pretty tough environment.
比如自动驾驶汽车会遇到不同的天气状况。
Like, you can have weather different weather for self driving cars.
天气可能会变化,或者在制造环境中出现不可预测的情况,你需要能够迅速应对。
This weather can be changing or it can be like manufacturing situations when there's something unpredictable came up and you need to be able to respond to this quickly.
而这正是使其安全的原因。
And that's what makes it safe.
对吧?
Right?
你对这种变化环境的响应速度有多快,你适应它的智能有多快。
How quickly you can respond to this changing environment, how quickly you can adopt your intelligence to it.
所以对我来说,如果你具备这种能力,这或许就是你准备好进化的通用智能形式。
So to me, if you have this ability, this is maybe your general form of intelligence which is ready to evolve.
也许这就是我对通用人工智能的定义。
Maybe that's my definition of AGI.
我喜欢这个说法。
I like that.
好的。
Okay.
是的。
Yeah.
这很合理。
That's fair.
所以这基本上就是你能够多快地适应并利用你从所有感官接收到的信息。
So it's basically it's basically just how quickly you can adapt and use the information that you're taking in from all of your senses.
这样准确吗?
Is that would that be accurate?
或者
Or
也许吧。
Maybe.
但你也需要能够保留任务。
But you also need to be able to preserve the task.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Right.
如果你只是毫无理由地采纳,那就毫无意义。
If you just adopt for, like, no reason, there's no point.
进化有着非常明确的目标。
Evolution has a very well defined task.
比如,我们是活着的生物。
Like, hey, we live in beings.
我们希望生存下去。
We want to survive.
对吧。
Right.
对于不同的AI来说,有些形式会试图最小化它所使用的资源和时间
For different AIs, there's gonna be some forms of it that's gonna try to minimize the resources it's using, time
对。
Right.
用来计算这些事情。
For computing the things.
而且,如果你是一个AI驱动的自动驾驶汽车,你希望它能到达最终目的地,而不希望它仅仅因为‘下一个词该出现了’就随机把你丢在森林里。
And also, like, if you give a task if you are an AI driven self driving car, you want it you wanna reach your final destination and you don't want it, like, randomly dropping you off in the forest just because, oh, next word is gonna be here.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我们要换条路了。
We're gonna go a different way.
是的。
Yeah.
我见过一些涉及语言模型的自动驾驶汽车公告,这让我有点害怕,因为我想,你真的希望它不断往返云端,做这些操作吗?
I've seen some I've seen some self driving car announcements involving language models, and it sort of freaked me out because I was like, do you really want does it need to go back and forth to the cloud and do this and all this stuff?
这有点吓人。
It's a little bit scary.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
这就是为什么我们要专门为这类情况构建模型,因为你知道,未来世界将无处不在AI。
It's like, this is why we're on building the models for specifically this this kind of situations because, you know, the world is gonna have AI everywhere.
比如五年后,AI将无处不在,我们只是希望确保人类在这个AI驱动的世界中是安全的。
Like, five years from now, AI is gonna be everywhere, and we just wanna make sure that we as people, like, safe in this AI driven world.
而且,我们放入系统的任何AI都应该帮助我们,真正实现它该做的事。
And whatever AI we put in our system, it helps us, and it actually does what it's meant to be doing.
所以回到你关于幻觉的问题。
So back to your point on hallucinations.
就像你的大脑会自然地产生幻觉,我的也是,我们所有人都会。
Like your brain hallucinates naturally, so is mine, like all of us.
我们不是精密的机器。
We're not precise machines.
这就是为什么如果你想盖房子或者建一座桥,你需要去学工程。
This is why if you wanna build a house or like a bridge, you go to engineering school.
对吧?
Right?
你是通过学习正式方法来帮助缩小思维范围,并建立一些检查标准。
You like, you're learning the formal methods to help to to to narrow your thinking and have some measures to check it.
所以AI也是同样的道理。
So this AI is the same way.
自然状态下,它并不精确,但有办法让它自我对齐,也有办法让它达到形式上的精确。
Like, naturally, it's it's not it's not precise, but there are ways to make it self align, and there are ways to make it formally precise.
哇。
Wow.
是的。
Yeah.
我们来谈谈这个。
Let's talk about that.
那么,从非技术人士的角度来看,这个机制在高层面上是如何运作的呢?
So so how how does that work in terms of the, I guess, like, the exact mechanism at a high level for folks who aren't super technical?
它是如何在嗯中自我约束的?
How how does it constrain itself in a in a Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
向那个方向。
To to that.
因为这是一个无令牌的模型,你的输入数据已经映射到能量景观中,作为工程师或人类,你可以在训练过程中设置约束的位置。
So because it's token free model and your input data already mapped in the energy landscape, you can as an engineer or as a human, you can set up where the constraints are during your training.
所以你仍然需要对它进行一些训练。
So you're still gonna train it a little bit.
对吧?
Right?
你会向它展示一些包含答案的完整数据集,或者展示一些包含答案的稀疏数据。
You're gonna show it some complete dataset with, like, with the answers, or you could show it some sparse data with the answers.
在那里,它内部会告诉你,它会映射这个能量景观的形状。
And there, what it's gonna tell you internally, it's gonna map the shape of this energy landscape.
因此,这个能量景观的最高点代表可能性较低的情景,而最低点则代表可能性较高的情景。
So the highest point on this energy landscape is going to be less probable scenarios, and the lowest is going to be highly probable scenarios.
这与理论物理建模非常吻合,因为在理论物理中我们总是希望最小化能量。
And this is very much matching sort of this theoretical physics modelling when we always want to minimize the energy.
所以,如果你擅长理论物理,你会写出拉格朗日量,它会反映你系统中的动能和势能,然后通过对这个拉格朗日量进行推导,得到运动方程,进而预测模型的行为。
So typically, if you're good at theoretical physics, you're gonna write the Lagrangian which is which is gonna reflect your kinetic and potential energy in your system, and you're to this Lagrangian and derive equations of motion, and then you're going to make predictions how the model is going to behave.
在这种情况下,情况也是一样的。
So in this case it's the same situation.
我们要找到这个能量景观的最小值点,并全面观察这个景观。
We're going to find the minimal points of this energy landscape and we're gonna oversee this landscape.
因此,你总是拥有这种鸟瞰的视角。
So you always have this bird view eye.
而且,你知道,你会确切地知道正确答案在哪里。
And, you know, you're gonna you're gonna know exactly where the right answers are.
在训练模型时,你也有能力让它自我对齐,因为有时你的能量景观可能会有一点偏差。
And as you training your model, you have ability to self align it as well because sometimes your energy landscape is gonna be a little bit off.
而具体取决于你使用的建模方式,我们使用的是带有校正项的模型,这样可以将你带回原始的势能景观。
And just depending on what modelling you're using, we're using the model which has correction terms, so it can bring you back to the original landscape.
所以,当然,这是一种微扰理论,技术人员都明白我的意思。
So and, of course, you it's it's a cold perturbation theory and technical people understand what I mean.
但通常来说,如果你有一个主导项,然后稍作微扰,你仍然可以将其拉回到原来的位置。
But typically, if you, like, have a leading term and then you perturb it a little bit, like, you still can bring it back to where it was originally.
而这就涉及delta的问题,即你的微扰有多强。
And it's a subject of delta, like, how how strong your perturbations are.
你可以将微扰定义为环境等因素的函数。
And you could define a perturbation as a subject of your environment and so on.
而这就是大语言模型的本质。
And this is what LLMs are.
遗憾的是,你永远无法真正做到这一点,因为模型不同,架构也不同。
Unfortunately, you'll never be able to do so just because the model is different, the architecture is different.
所以这就是自对齐的部分。
So this is the self alignment part.
无幻觉的部分适用于那些需要答案精确、数学上精确的任务。
The hallucination free part comes for the tasks where you want the answers to be precise, mathematically precise.
显然,你无法对诗歌或类似的任务进行形式化验证。
Obviously, you cannot formally verify poetry or similar, like, tasks.
但如果你想要验证你的数据分析,或者你在生成代码并希望确保其正确性,你可以将其连接到外部验证器,比如Lean4,有些人也在其他语言中使用它。
But if you wanna verify your data analysis or, like, you're generating a code and you wanna make sure it's correct, here you can attach it to external verifier like Lean4, and some people use it in other languages.
我们个人使用Lean4。
We personally use Lean4.
然后你可以对输出进行形式化,让答案在编译器层面得到验证。
And then you can formalize the output and have your answer kinda checked on the level of compiler.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
太棒了。
Awesome.
我知道你们网站上的数独测试。
I know the Sudoku the Sudoku test on your website.
对吧?
Right?
你的速度比其他所有工具都快得多。
Yours is wicked fast compared to all the other ones.
所以我在想,这些操作基本上都是在几秒钟内完成的吗?
And so I wonder, like, is is that so that all of that's happening in, split seconds, basically.
没错。
Exactly.
然后它也是在同一时间内进行验证的吗?
And then it's also verifying it in that same time?
嗯。
Mhmm.
是的。
Yeah.
这就是基于能量模型的全部意义所在。
So this is this is the whole point of energy based model.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
你再也不必猜测下一个词了,你不再需要玩猜词游戏。
You never have to guess the next word, or you never you you don't really play in a guessing game anymore.
你可以看到你的能量景观,知道正确答案在哪里,然后立刻知道该往哪里走。
You see your energy landscape, you know where the right answer is, and you just know where to go right away.
这正是节省你时间的关键。
And this is what's saving your time.
所以我们的模型非常小。
So our models are very small.
我们的模型参数规模从两千万到两亿不等,而且我们是在最便宜的H100显卡上运行的。
Like, we we scale in this model from, like, 20,000,000 parameter to 200,000,000 parameter, and there is a range And in we run it on, like, the cheapest h 100 GPU.
我当时就想,这太令人印象深刻了。
So I I was like That's impressive.
是的。
Yeah.
我深受你大脑的启发。
I was like a lot inspired by your brain.
对吧?
Right?
比如,你现在和我说话的时候,如果有人问:‘我能为你创建一个数字孪生体吗?’
Like, as you're speaking to me right now, if somebody says, hey, can I create a digital twin of yours?
而我正试图映射你的身体内部状态、你听我讲话时处理的信息、你的视觉感知等。
And I'm trying to map, like, your internal body state, the information you process as you're listening to me, your visuals.
这需要海量的GPU、能源和协调工作,但你的大脑却能自然地以不到20瓦的功耗完成这一切。
It's gonna take, like, enormous amount of GPUs and energy and orchestration, but your brain just naturally can do it, like, less than 20 watts.
所以,如果你的架构设计得当——我必须明确说明,我并不是在拿人和机器直接比较,因为我们已经进化了数百万年。
So if you make the architecture right well, I'm not comparing people, full disclosure, with the machines because we evolved, like, for many years.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
对。
Right.
是的。
Yeah.
所以背后确实有很深层的进化机制,但在这里,核心理念是:如果设计得当,根本不需要那么多GPU。
So there's some some very hardcore evolution behind, but here, the idea is there if you make it right, it's not supposed take you that many GPUs.
这很巧妙。
That's neat.
我在使用Kona时注意到一件事,特别吸引我:观看它让我想起了扩散模型。
I noticed something I noticed that really stood out to me in playing with Kona is that to watch it reminds me of, like, diffusion.
这种风格上是否存在相似性或关联呢?
Is is there a similarity or relationship there in that style?
比如,看着它运行时,那种感觉和扩散模型很像,仿佛在反复迭代同一个东西,不过我知道两者有巨大差异。
Like, watching it, it it's that same feel as it's going over, and it looks like it's iterating over the same thing, like but I understand there's there is a big difference.
对吧?
Correct?
是的。
Yeah.
所以这可能会是一个非常深入的讨论,因为扩散模型有太多不同的版本。
So it it can be quite deep discussion because there is so many, like, different versions of diffusion models.
是的。
Yeah.
对我来说,进行技术讨论时,我总是希望先明确定义概念。
And to me, to have a technical discussion, like, I always want to define things first.
我们不能含糊其辞。
We don't we don't go on ambiguous.
对吧?
Right?
但显然,扩散模型之间有一些相似之处。
But there's some similarities with diffusion models, obviously.
一般来说,基于能量的模型理念并不新鲜。
And the ideas of energy based models in general, they're not that new.
它们已经存在了大约二十年,甚至更早的科学研究可以追溯到四十年前。
They've been out there for, like, twenty years and some early, like, science even forty years ago.
问题是,没有人尝试过构建基于能量的推理模型。
The the problem was nobody tried to build energy based reasoning model.
人们尝试将基于能量的技术和建模应用于现有的大语言模型或图像识别。
People tried to apply, like, energy based techniques and modeling to, like, existing LLMs or image recognition.
但真正去设计推理部分本身。
But to actually design the reasoning part itself.
这才是真正新颖的地方,我们只是运气好,成功了。
This is where things are really new and we just got lucky that we made it.
我觉得是的。
I think Yeah.
这太棒了。
That's awesome.
我喜欢
I love
这个。
that.
我也欣赏你的坦诚。
I appreciate the honesty too.
我真的觉得这是一个令人兴奋的方向。
I I really feel like this is an exciting direction.
当我想到,你知道的?
When I think of you know?
但在思考这个问题时,很难摆脱大语言模型的思维定式。
And it's hard to get out of the LLM trap in my mind when thinking of it.
我也得说,因为我一直想到代理中的节点。
I've gotta say too because I keep thinking of, like, nodes in agents.
比如,速度简直快得离谱。
Like, speed is insane.
作为一个经常做数独的人,这真的让我印象深刻。
And as a guy who does a lot of sudoku, it's also really impressive.
嗯,数独只是其中一件事。
Well, sudoku is just one of the things.
我们只是想,有没有一种最简单的方式来说明,存在一些不依赖语言的任务,这些任务是人们熟知且喜爱的,并且能够立即理解,同时也能用大语言模型进行测试。
It's just we we thought of like, what's the simplest way to illustrate that there are different tasks which are not based on any language and people, like, know and love and can get immediately and something which can be tested with the LLMs.
因为大语言模型常被宣传为具备推理能力的模型。
Because LLMs, we compare it to advertised as LLM reasoning model.
所以它的目标是推断和扩展知识。
So it's meant to be extrapolating knowledge.
它从一些游戏中学习,然后应该能够推导出其他游戏的规则。
It learns from some game games, and then it's supposed to, like, sort of extrapolate the rules for other games.
但在这里,我们离这个目标还很远。
And here, we're not even close to this.
而能够推断和扩展知识,是自然智能最关键的能之一。
And being being able to extrapolate knowledge is one of the most crucial abilities for natural intelligence.
对吧?
Right?
所以这就是大语言模型所缺乏的。
So there's like this is what LLM doesn't have.
所以如果你拿一个大语言模型,教它做数学并赢得IMO和其他各种奥赛,我们自然会假设:哦,这个模型真聪明。
So if you take LLM and you teach it to do some math and win IMO and all of these fancy Olympiads, It's just we have a natural assumption, like, oh, this model is so smart.
那我给它一些代码,或者给它一些其他数学问题,它应该也能解决。
Let me give it some code or let me give it some other problems in mass and it's gonna solve it.
但现实并非如此。
And reality is not.
对吧?
Right?
并不是这样的。
It's not.
它只是非常擅长你训练它做的那一件事。
It's just really good at one thing you're trained for.
但如果你让一个孩子去学习数学,他们很可能会擅长数学建模。
But if you take a child and you force them to, like, learn some mathematics, they're probably gonna be good at, like, mathematical modeling.
他们可以尝试理论物理,甚至走得更远。
They can try theoretical physics or they can, like, go even further.
他们甚至可以学习法律。
They can even study the law.
对吧?
Right?
法律就像是语言中的逻辑,我个人做不到,但我有很多物理系的朋友去了哈佛法学院。
Which is like a logic in language, which I I I can't do personally, but I have a lot of friends from physics department went to law school in Harvard.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
真有趣。
Funny.
我之前没意识到那里有这么多交叉之处。
Didn't real didn't realize there was so much crossover there.
是的。
Yeah.
因为人们天生擅长在不同领域之间迁移知识,而创造力就来源于此。
Because, like, naturally, people are good at extrapolating knowledge across different domains, and that's where the creativity comes from.
对吧?
Right?
你有时会从一些你从未想过的地方获得灵感,然后突然就奏效了。
You sometimes, like, get idea from some other areas which you never dreamed of, and all of a sudden it works.
是的。
Yeah.
不幸的是,在这个阶段,它们还做不到,而且我认为它们永远也做不到这一点。
Unfortunately, at this stage, they can't do it, and I don't think they will ever be able to do this.
哇。
Wow.
这很有趣。
That's interesting.
接下来是什么
What's the next
在Kona的发展上,你现在处于什么阶段?
where would you say you are right now in terms of your development of Kona?
那你的路线图是什么样子的?你能分享到什么程度?
And and, like, what are your what's your road map look like to to what extent you can share?
我明白这可能问得太多了。
I understand that that might be asking too much.
不。
No.
当我们刚开始这家公司时,我只有些理论上的想法。
It's so the first, when we started this company, I just had, like, some theoretical idea.
对吧?
Right?
然后我身边有一群才华横溢的工程师,他们把我的想法变成了一个概念验证,那还是几个月前的事。
And then I was surrounded by talented engineers who just brought this idea into a form of proof of concept, and that was like few months ago.
自然而然的问题就是:这个概念验证能不能成为我们今天这个模型的原型?
And the natural question was like, oh, can the proof of concept be the actual, like, toy model for the model for the model we have today?
所以答案是肯定的,但要达到这一步,我们必须进行一系列实验,来评估哪些是对的、哪些有效、哪些无效。
So the answer was yes, but to get there, we had to perform like a series of experiments to evaluate, like, what's right, what works, what doesn't.
所以当架构完全设计好后,下一步就是:它是否兼容LLM或一般的Transformer?
So when the architecture was fully designed, the next step would be, oh, is it compatible with LLMs or with transformers in general?
因为它从根本上来说非常不同。
Because it's so fundamentally different.
我们甚至不确定这样做是否可能。
We didn't even know, like, it's it's possible to do.
所以第一步是连接Transformer并尝试稍微扩展它,然后再将其缩小回玩具模型的版本。
So the first step was to attach transformer and try to scale it a little bit, and then kinda shrink it back to the toy model version.
我们成功做到了。
So we successfully done so.
然后我们想,是否可以不使用LLM,而是连接一个最简单的、与LLM相关的模型,这个模型很小,而且我们能理解。
And then we're like, oh, can we, like, not even have an LLM, but the most simplest version of something related to LLM attached to transform it, which is small and we understand.
所以我们把它连接上了。
So we attach that.
我们还对其进行了扩展,然后再缩小,结果发现:嗯,这个方法是可行的。
We also scale it and then scale it back and like, okay, that works.
我们不如直接把真正的LLM连接到EBM上,看看它作为用户界面表现如何?
How about we just attach the real LLM to the EBM and see how it how it is as a user interface?
它能否以我们期望的方式提示EBM?
Can it prompt the EBM in the way we want?
答案是肯定的。
And the answer was yes.
于是我们再次进行扩展并测试,我们有一组与空间思维和层次规划相关的基准测试。
So we again scale it and then test it, like, we have a set of benchmarks, which is related to spatial thinking and hierarchical planning.
我们为模型的最小版本、概念验证版本和真实版本都设定了基线,然后相互对比,结果似乎都有效。
So we, like, had baselines for the smallest version smallest version of the model, then proof of concept, then the real version of the model, and kind of like compare it back and forth, and seems to be working.
于是我们想,好吧,让我们尽可能地扩大规模。
So then we're like, okay, let's actually try to scale it as much as we can.
我们进行了一系列实验,并且对它的运行机制有了相当不错的理论理解。
And we performed a bunch of experiments, and also we have pretty decent theoretical understanding how it works.
因此,我们没有看到任何障碍。
So we don't see any obstacles.
但你知道,工程工作可能会很棘手。
But, you know, engineering can be tricky.
所以有时候事情能运行,有时候你得调试。
So sometimes things work and sometimes things you need to debug.
对我个人来说,最大的部分是如何表达这一点?
So the biggest part for me personally was to how to say it?
所以EBM本身并不是自然的自回归模型,因为它不涉及逐字生成,而且也不是极度激进的。
So the the EBM is not naturally auto regressive, because there's no talking and it's also non ultra aggressive.
这意味着它同时在审视所有可能的情景。
So meaning it's overseeing all possible scenarios at the same time.
但当你试图将其与变换器连接时,变换器是非常激进的。
But when you try to attach it to transformers, transformers are very ultra aggressive.
所以你得把这种狂野的东西,连接到一个思维非常线性的东西上。
So you have to, like, take this wild thing and attach to something which is, like, thinking very sort of linear.
一步接一步。
One step after another.
是的
Yeah.
对
Yeah.
所以你在中间面临巨大的信息丢失。
So you you facing a huge information loss in the middle.
当你尝试用LLM来提示EBM时,情况也是一样。
And then the same the same thing when you try to prompt using LLM, the EBM.
所以这一层的信息也大幅减少了。
So there is also like a giant reduction of the information on that layer.
所以我们当时试图单独协调这一层,这花了一些时间,也尝试看看它的扩展性如何。
So we were trying to, like, orchestrate this layer alone, which took some time and try to see how it scales.
所以我认为这是我们遇到的最大困难。
So I think that was the biggest difficulty we faced.
但现在架构已经建立了。
But now the architecture is there.
它是可扩展的。
It's scalable.
它已经按照我们的预期在进展,甚至还有一些超出。
It's it's already, like, progressing the way we expected and a little bit even beyond.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我们现在就处于这个阶段。
That's where we are.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
它是否永远都需要语言模型作为接口,还是这只是临时步骤?
Will it always need the the language model attachments to it as like the interface or is that just like an interim step?
明白。
Okay.
这只是因为,正如我所说,GI 是一个生态系统。
It's just for you know, like, I said to me, GI is the ecosystem.
你需要能够适应和规划。
You need to be able to adopt and plan.
有时候你需要语言,因为这是为了那些可能想和你交流的人,而你作为AI,我的意思是。
And sometimes you need language because it's for people who might want to speak to you and you as AI, I mean.
你需要具备说话的能力。
And you need to have an ability to speak.
你需要具备执行空间任务的能力,比如导航等等。
You need to have an ability to, like, perform spatial tasks like navigation and so on.
在这里,你不一定非得有这个能力,但拥有它会更好。
And here, like, you don't have to have it, but it's nice to have ability to have it.
对于机器人来说,你根本不需要它。
For robotics, you don't need to have it at all.
你只需要把EBM用来控制你的能量分配,比如城市中能量的分布。
You could just put the EBM to control your, like, energy grades, like how much energy distribute in the town.
而且你可以控制它,因为它会实时分析海量数据。
And you can control it, like, because there's it's gonna analyze a giant chunk of data in real time.
这就是为什么我们具备毫秒级响应能力在这里很重要,因为这对交易也同样重要。
And this is why the millisecond skill we have is important here because also important for trading.
这就像我所说的软性优势应用场景。
This is like my soft soft card use case.
说得通。
Fair enough.
我只是非常喜欢整个算法的理念,我个人也特别喜欢博弈论,而交易场景中就蕴含了大量相关原理。
Just I just love this whole idea of, like, algorithms, and it's it's like I love game theory, personally, and there's a lot of it in trading use case.
但确实如此。
But yeah.
所以你并不总是需要大语言模型,但拥有它确实很好。
So you don't have to have LLM all the time, but it's nice to have it.
你能
Could you
做同样的事情,比如你把这个用在机器人上。
do the same thing where you attach like, let's say you have this in a robot.
你能以同样的方式给它附加一个视觉动作模型吗?
Could you attach like a vision action model to this in the same way?
这是不是意味着
Is that how that
会这样运作?
would work?
或者
Or
是的。
Yeah.
我认为我们其实不需要视觉动作模型。
I don't think we actually need a vision action.
你只需要一个能获取视觉信息的传感器。
All you need is like a sensor which takes the visual information.
所以,它完全可以只是摄像头,用来采集大量图像,同时也包括温度传感器等,任何用于自动驾驶或一般自主导航系统的传感器都可以。
So it it can be just the cameras which take in, like, a bunch of pictures for you, but it also, like, a temperature sensors as well, whatever sensors people use for, like, self driving cars or, you know, self navigating systems in general.
这些全部都可以映射到能量空间中,并且因为我们在EBM中具备推断知识的能力,所有这些都可以整合成一个统一的空间。
And this alone can be all mapped in energy space, and it all can be like one space for all because we do have ability to extrapolate knowledge in in the EBMs.
这另一部分让我非常兴奋,因为现在你不再需要专门为生成视频或图像而设计独立的模型了。
That's another part I'm so excited about because now all of a sudden you don't need to have, like, a separate model just for generating your videos, generating your images.
你可以将所有功能整合在一个系统中,而且
You could just have it all at one and
哦,这太有道理了。
Oh, that makes so much sense.
我们一直认为,外部存在一个完整的世界,最终必须被它们所理解。
You know, we keep thinking about this idea that that there is this whole world out there that is eventually going to have to be understood by them.
LLM和我们之间的一个重大区别在于,我们拥有这种经验性知识,所有这些空间感知信息,而它们并不具备同等程度的这类能力。
That one of the big differences between, like, an LLM and us is that we have this experiential knowledge, all of this spatial stuff that that they do not have in the same way.
你听完这些之后,是否觉得EBM可能是其中的一环?也许正是那个最终通向AGI的认知缺口?也许这类系统需要多个组成部分共同构成?
Do you see after saying that, do you see that EBMs are a piece of this, maybe the cognitive hole that becomes AGI at some point, that maybe there are multiple elements to such a thing?
如果我说得有点离谱,抱歉。
I'm sorry if that's a little out there.
好的。
Okay.
这绝对是朝着更大目标迈出的一步。
I think it's definitely a step towards something bigger.
这确实是一步进展。
It's definitely a step.
令人兴奋的是,这一步能与我们已有的技术兼容。
And what's exciting, this step is compatible with what we already have.
所以我们并不是说,要完全抛弃LLM,因为EBMs的存在。
So we we we don't say, like, I am gonna kill the LLM entirely because of EBMs.
实际上,语言很重要,LLM也值得拥有自己的位置。
You actually like, language is important and, you know, LLM deserve the place to be.
是的。
Yeah.
所以它就会是那样。
So it's gonna be that.
我们会看看它如何扩展。
And we'll see how it scales.
对吧?
Right?
我们会看看它如何学习、如何适应。
We'll see how it learns, how it adopts.
将来会有一个世界,在那里我们会知道EBMs特别擅长某一项任务,但在另一项任务上却不擅长。
There's gonna be a world when we're gonna know that EBMs are specifically good at one one particular task, but not good in another particular task.
如果是这样,就会出现一些我们目前还不知道的EBMs版本。
And if that's the case, there's gonna be some versions of the EBMs, like, you know, we don't know of.
但人们很有创造力,我们会想出一些办法,这整个就是生态系统。
But people are creative, and we're gonna come up with something, and it's it's the ecosystem.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
我认为人也是如此。
Same's true of people, I would say.
我的意思是,无论是人还是元素,似乎一切都存在我们擅长的领域,也有一些我们特别不擅长的愚蠢方面。
I mean, whether it's people or elements, it seems like everything has here's what we're here here are areas where we're really good, and here's something silly that we're just awful at.
没错。
Exactly.
而这正是构成我们社会的原因。
And this is what makes us as a society.
对吧?
Right?
我们只是,比如说
We just, like
嗯。
Mhmm.
总的来说,你知道的,作为集体意识共同发挥作用,为所有人带来益处。我认为人工智能也可以成为其中的一部分,同样的道理。
Altogether, you know, function as collective consciousness and collectively contribute And to the benefits of all of I could see AI to be a part of it and the same the same thing.
这就像,循证医学只是故事的一部分。
Is it like, EBM is one part of the story.
对吧?
Right?
你是在问我接下来会怎样。
You're asking me what's next.
循证医学只是故事的一部分。
EBM is one part of the story.
将循证医学与大语言模型结合,是故事的另一部分。
EBM attached to the LLM is another part of the story.
但你还得在上面加上智能代理层。
But then you have agentic layer on top.
我们实际上已经拥有相当智能的代理层了。
We actually do quite quite intelligent agentic layer.
然后你可以在LLM之间、EBM之间协调智能代理层,或者直接克隆EBM和LLM的混合体。
And then you can orchestrate the agentic layers between LLMs, between EBMs, or you can just clone the hybrids of EBMs and LLMs.
接着你可以设置某种博弈论情境,包括传递性博弈和非传递性博弈。
And then you set up some sort of game theory situation, transitive games, non transitive games.
这样一来,你突然就拥有了一个完整的AI生态系统演化过程。
And this is you you have your full evolution of AI ecosystem all of a sudden.
因为它会自我训练、自我对齐,并创造出我们根本无法想象的东西。
Because it's gonna self train, it's gonna self align, it's gonna create something we can't even dream of.
所以这才是令人兴奋的部分。
So that's exciting part.
我不知道在哪个时刻你会称之为通用人工智能(AGI)。
And I don't know at what moment you call it AGI.
你是说,当你已经有代理能为你解决黎曼猜想时,这才算AGI吗?
Do you call it, like, when you already have agents, I don't know, bringing you solutions for Riemann hypothesis?
还是说,只要能控制能源电网和汽车,就算AGI了?
Or it's just ability to control the energy grid and the car?
那它到底是什么?
So what is it?
这是个好问题。
That's a great question.
好吧。
Alright.
是的。
Yeah.
我不知道。
I don't know.
经典的定义是它能够泛化。
The the the the classic is is it can generalize.
对吧?
Right?
所以,目前能量模型能够泛化吗?
So, I mean, at this point, can can the energy model generalize?
你是说你可以输入任何数据,它就能给出答案,通常都能提供可靠且准确的回答。
Can can you give it you're saying you can give it any data in, and it can give you an answer it can give you reliable answers, usually accurate.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这在我看来就是通用人工智能。
I mean, that sounds like AGI to me.
但现在我们看到了。
But now we see.
但你知道,十年前,如果人们知道现在的大型语言模型能有这样的表现,他们也会称它为通用人工智能。
But, you know, ten ten years ago, people would like, if they would know how LLMs perform right now, they would also call it AGI.
我认为通用人工智能的定义也会随着发展而演变,因为我们将会迎来新事物。
I think the definition of the AGI is gonna evolve as well because, like, we're gonna have a new thing.
我们会看到新事物的缺陷,然后说:‘哦,不。’
We're gonna see the flaws in the new thing and be like, oh, no.
不。
No.
不。
No.
这完全是胡扯,AGI应该是更高层次的东西。
This is bull Like, AGI is something higher.
改变标准。
Move the goalposts.
是的。
Yeah.
我可以想象,大学里会开设关于AI和AGI的课程。
I could see, like, textbooks, the course on AI and AGI in the universities.
他们会讨论不同领域中曾经被称为AGI的东西。
They're gonna talk about different areas what was called as an AGI.
所以
So
所有的
All of the
在不同的时间,我们不断把AGI的门槛推得更远。
different times we've pushed the bar further away on AGI.
没错。
Exactly.
AGI的百科全书。
The encyclopedia of AGI.
我有太多相关的问题要问,但我想回过头来谈一点:假设你在机器人例子中使用了能量模型,并且你想和机器人对话。
I have I have so many branching questions on this, but one of the things I wanted to go back and touch on is, let's say you were to have the energy model in the robot example, and you wanted to talk to the robot.
会不会也是类似的情况?比如,假设它有传感器,但它是否需要某种语言或语音模型才能真正和你交流?
Would it be the say would it be a similar thing where, okay, let's say it has sensors, but would it need some sort of like language speech model to to actually talk to you out of it?
然后,对于智能体,我也有同样的问题:你知道,智能体是否需要某种类似……
And then I guess the same question for agents, which is, you know, does does does the agent need some sort of like, I guess, like
比如为了人类互动?
Like for human interaction?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
但这始终取决于人们的需求,对吧?
Well, it's it's always up to people, right, what we need.
这不取决于AI模型。
It's not up to AI model.
所以,如果有人告诉我——而我是一名工程师——如何设计这样的机器人,我会问:我们有哪些可用的数据?
So the way if if somebody would tell me and I were an engineer how to design such robot, I would say, okay, what what kind of data we have available?
我们可能有语言部分,也就是人们跟我交谈。
We have probably the language part, which is, you know, people talking to me.
我们还有视觉部分。
And we also have the visual part.
我们还有传感器测量距离,判断你离物体有多远。
We also have sensors measuring the distance, how far you are from things.
你可能还会从周围的整体环境中获取输入,从而调整你的行为和身体移动。
You probably have, like, an input from, like, overall environment around you, so you can adopt your behavior and your, like, moving your body around.
所以你可以在这里获得大量输入信息,同时你也有一个目标。
So you can have, like, a bunch of input information out here and you also, like, have a purpose.
那么,这是一种什么样的机器人呢?
So what kind of robot is it?
它是你的家用清洁机器人,还是别的什么?
Is it gonna be, I don't know, your house cleaner or something else?
因此,目标将决定你需要多少以及何种类型的互动。
So the purpose is gonna define how much and what kind of interaction you're gonna have.
如果这是一个照顾病人的机器人,而这个人独自一人,没有看护者。
So if it's a robot who is taking care of like a sick person and this person just leave themselves and they don't have a caregiver.
那么它们会有一套固定的日常流程,这些流程可能需要通过语言来传达,但同时也必须具备评估周围环境的能力。
So they they gonna have a set of routines and they probably should be communicated using language, but it's also they should be having ability to, like, evaluate what's around them.
这个人有危险吗?
Is this person in danger?
我该拨打911吗?
Should I call 911?
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
这取决于机器人的用途。
It depends on the purpose.
因此,将所有这些要素整合在一起,并确保它们按预期方式协同工作,这一点至关重要。
So this is why it's important to have all of these ingredients in place and be combined in in the way and making sure it's functioning the way it's meant to be.
所以,仅靠大语言模型是无法做到这些的。
So LLMs alone cannot do this.
而且这也很昂贵。
And it's also, like, very expensive.
在计算方面,你得等上几分钟才能知道它是要往左还是往右。
And in terms of compute, you have to wait for, like, few minutes before it knows is it going left or right.
所以你需要在秒级、毫秒级的范围内理解周围的情况。
So you need to be able, like, on on the seconds, milliseconds to understand what's around you.
人类现在能做到这一点,真是令人惊叹。
Kind of amazing that humans could do that now.
我知道。
I know.
我知道。
I know.
也许我们本身就是通用人工智能。
It's like May maybe we are an AGI.
我们正在寻找它。
We're looking for it.
我们只是在尝试创造一个自己的版本,但我不确定。
We're just trying to create a version of ourselves, but I don't know.
是的。
Yeah.
更像是一种玩笑,说有一天,我们的孩子会回望过去,觉得你们竟然让人开车载你们?
More or joking that one of these days, our kids will will look back and think, you let people drive you in a car?
像这样,你们怎么会做这种事,人类?
Like, why would you ever do that, humans?
是的。
Yeah.
那么这里的扩展范式会是什么?
What would what would then be the the scaling paradigm here?
也许这更多是关于如何训练这些东西。
And perhaps this is more about, like, how you train one of these things.
比如,是不是只是尽可能多地使用GPU进行同样的训练运行?
Like, is is it is it just doing doing the same training run on as many GPUs as you can do?
它是以相同的方式运行的吗?
Is it is it work the same way?
或者怎么说呢。
Or how do yeah.
我们会找到答案的。
Well, we're gonna find out.
我只能猜测它会变成什么样。
I can only speculate how is it gonna be.
比如,目前我们所做的扩展,暂时还是只用一个GPU。
Like, right now, the scaling we're doing, it's all still one GPU for now.
但我们还没有让模型真正进入现实世界足够久,去真正理解它。
But we haven't, like, forced the model to be out there in real world enough yet to understand.
所以对我来说,当我从理论角度研究它时,最重要的问题是:架构是否可扩展?
So for me, like, when when I was working on it from the theoretical perspective, the most important question is, is architecture scalable?
而那些参数到底在哪里?
And is that what what parameters are out there?
因此,有办法在不使用太多GPU的情况下分解你架构中的复杂性。
So there are ways to break complexity in your architecture without having too many GPUs.
我来举个例子说明我的意思。
I'm gonna give you an example by what I mean.
所以,大语言模型具有一些性能水平。
So LLMs, they have some level of performance.
一旦你达到GPU的临界数量,拥有大量计算资源和数十亿参数时,就会出现某种基础性转变。
And then once you reach a critical mass of GPUs, so you have a lot of compute and a lot of, like, billions parameters, then you have some sort of base transition.
突然之间,你就会观察到不同的行为。
And all of a sudden you've seen a different behavior.
而正是在这个阶段,大语言模型才真正开始发挥作用。
And this is where, like, things really start working for the LLMs.
需要有足够的GPU,才能观察到这种复杂性带来的行为变化。
Like, there needs to be enough GPUs to see this kind of complexity change behavior.
在我们的情况中,当我们使用混合架构,将EBM与大语言模型结合时,就能观察到这种相变。
And for our case, we see the phase transitions when we work with the hybrid, when we have the EBM attached to the LLM.
存在一些阶段,LLM占主导,但随后EBM开始占主导。
There's there are regimes when the LLM dominating, but then the EBM starts dominating.
如果EBM阶段占主导,那你其实不需要GPU。
And we just like, if the EBM regime is dominating, then you you don't really need GPUs.
但如果LLM占主导,你仍然需要GPU。
But if there is a regime on LLM dominating, you still need the GPUs.
所以简短的回答是,这可能取决于具体的应用场景。
So it's the short answer here, it's probably gonna depend on the use case.
如果你处理的是需要实时处理大量语言的应用场景,那么在使用EBM与LLM的混合模型时,很可能有一部分时间LLM会占主导。
If you're working with a use case when you have to process a lot of language in real time, so most likely there's gonna be a portion when the LLM is gonna be dominating if you're using the hybrid of the EBMs.
但我们直到实际测试后才知道。
But we don't know until we, like, actually test test.
但当我看到这种相变时,相变是物理学中的一个非常标准的术语。
But when I when I saw this, like, phase transition and phase transition is, like, a very standard term in physics.
你通常在凝聚态物理中看到它,这些模型背后有着优美的数学原理,这也是我博士研究的一部分。
You typically see it in condensed matter, and there's beautiful mathematics behind of these models, and that was a part of my PhD studies.
当我看到这一点时,简直让我震惊。
And when I saw it, it's, like, blew my mind.
我当时就想,这太疯狂了,居然真的会发生。
I was like, it's just you it's it's crazy that it happens.
所以
So
好的。
Okay.
我有个问题想问你,但我相信科里也有同样的疑问。
I've I've got out there question for you, but I'm sure Corey has this one too.
你认为人类是否有点像在运行一个基于能量的模型?
Do you think that humans are kind of like a are we running an energy based model up here?
你认为这是不是
Do you think that's kind of
和我们正在做的事情很接近?
close to what we're doing?
当我学习的时候,好吧。
When I was when I was studying so okay.
坦白说,没人知道大脑是如何工作的。
Full disclosure, nobody knows how the brain works.
外面有一些理论。
There are theories out there.
有理论,也有假设。
There are theories, there are hypotheses.
一个好的理论的标准是,你建立一个模型,试图将其与真实数据对应,观察你在现实生活中实际看到的现象,同时还能做出一些预测,而这些预测在某种程度上会成真。
And what makes you a good theory is if you take a model, you're trying to map it in real data and you see what you actually see in real life, but you also can make a little bit of prediction and then prediction to some degree comes true.
所以,这就是一个好模型的标准。
So that's what makes it a good model.
对于视觉皮层,比如在人类和动物中是如何运作的,已经有一些很好的模型。
And there are good models for, like, how the visual cortex, for example, performs in humans, in animals.
其中一些模型已被应用于人工智能,尤其是在图像识别方面。
And some of it is adopted to AI, especially for the image recognition.
因此,有一些基于能量原理的技术。
So there are techniques for the using the energy based principles.
但这是描述大脑的模型吗?
But is this the model to describe the brain?
没人知道。
Nobody knows.
但这仍然是一个非常开放的科学问题。
But again, it's a very open scientific question.
如果是的话就太酷了。
Be cool if it was.
是的。
Yeah.
从我个人作为物理学家的职业经历来看,我发现这个世界上的一切都倾向于最小化能量,几乎任何事物都可以写出拉格朗日量。
I have From a my personal career, as a physicist, I see that everything in this world wants to minimize energy and pretty much for everything, you can write the Lagrangian.
至于这个拉格朗日量是否能给出正确的运动方程,我就不得而知了。
Whether this Lagrangian is gonna give you correct equations of motions, I don't know.
这正是实验物理学要告诉你的。
That's what the experimental part of physics is gonna tell you.
但事实上,你知道,这似乎走在正确的道路上。
But in reality, you know, this seems to be on the right track.
这对我来说。
This to me.
我有个问题。
It's a I have I have a question.
在考虑能量基模型不需要GPU负载以及其他相关开销时,当我想到像我们之前讨论过的与大语言模型结合的混合场景,这感觉像是一个能带来更高效率、更可持续的AI的解决方案。
In thinking about EBMs as being as not requiring the GPU load and all of the other things that are involved, when I think about that in a in a hybrid scenario like we were discussing with an LLM, that feels like a solution that could lead to much greater, you know, efficiency and more sustainable AI in the long run.
这是过度延伸了,还是我方向对了?
Is that a stretch, or or am I on the right track?
这取决于你怎么定义可持续。
Well, it depends how you define sustainable.
对吧?
Right?
那么,什么是可持续人工智能?
So what is sustainable AI?
这是个很好的问题。
I that's a great question.
我们假设它更节能,因此运行成本更低。
Let's say let's say it's more energy efficient, so therefore, it's not costing as much to run.
是的。
Yeah.
我就从这点开始。
I'll start there.
对。
Yeah.
我认为无论是从环境角度还是财务角度来说都是如此。
I I would say both environmentally and financially.
是的。
Yeah.
会很好。
Would be nice.
对吧?
Right?
不。
No.
但你知道吗,当我看到这个时,这叫什么?
But you know what's when I saw this what's this called?
Molten book on x。
Molten book on x.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
当有不同的智能体在互动时,你知道,它们在彼此交谈,并且产生不同的主题。
When there's, like, different agents playing, you know, they're talking to each other and they're coming up with different topics.
我最初的反应是,哦,你其实可以做到同样的事,但为了节省你所使用的计算资源的成本。
My initial reaction was like, oh, you can actually do the same, but to preserve your money for how much compute you're using.
因此,你可以通过使用LLM或EBM来优化这种智能体系统,以优化智能体自身资源的使用。
So you can actually optimize this agentic game either using LLM or EBMs on optimizing for the agentic system its own resource.
对吧?
Right?
而且
And
我们是在讨论开放的Kona吗?
Are we talking about open open Kona?
我们是在讨论Kona四核吗?
Are we talking about Kona quads?
所以我说的是在Kona上以及可能在LLM上的智能体层。
So I'm I'm talking about agentic layer on Kona and maybe on the LLMs.
因此,我们实际上可以设置一个不变量,使系统能够以某种方式运行,从而保护其自身的资源,也就是金钱和时间。
So we can actually set up an invariant potentially so we can, like, function in a way to preserve its own resources, which is money and time in this case.
是的。
Yeah.
所以你可以相当有创意。
So you can be pretty creative.
你知道,关于MoltBook、Open Claw,不管这周是哪一个,我想说的是。
You know, the thing I'll say about that about about MoltBook, Open Claw, whichever one it is this week.
Moldt Book是社交平台。
Moldt Book is the social
AI的社交网络。
network of the AI of the AI.
稍微有点吧。
With it a little bit.
每个提示的令牌负载都多得离谱。
The token load on every single prompt is obscene.
比如,还没打一个字,就已经有16000个了,类似这样。
Like like, 16,000 before you ever type a word, something like that.
这非常耗资源,而且如果不在本地运行,成本会很高。
It's very, it it's intensive and expensive if you're not running something local.
所以我认为,这种技术在代理式应用场景中其实有很大的潜力。
So I think, you know, there's there could be a really cool opportunity for this type of technology in an agentic setting
就像那样。
like that.
当然了。
Oh, definitely.
但当我看到那些大科技公司如此慷慨时,我觉得简直不可思议。
But we are like, when I see how generous those big tech companies are, it's, like, amazing to me.
我现在不会只是为了让人玩玩就这么做。
I wouldn't do it for just people to play with it for now.
对吧?
Right?
我只会,嗯,做企业对企业(B2B)。
I would just, like, we b to b.
我们把它卖给企业。
We sell it to businesses.
我们与关键任务行业交流,他们说:我需要一个专门为我服务的模型,来控制我硬件的这部分功能。
We talk to mission critical industry and they're like, hey, I need a model just for me, which is gonna control like this part of my hardware.
我们会实际获取数据,然后训练模型,根据模型的规模,这个过程需要几天时间,之后就可以投入使用了。
And we actually take the data and then we train the model, which takes a couple of days given the size of the model, and then it's good to go.
在这种情况下,我们清楚地知道资源用在了哪里,能够掌控这些资源,人们也能掌控自己的安全数据等等。
So in this case, we, like, know exactly what the resources are spent for, and we sort of can control this resource, and people can control their security data and so on.
所以这使得整个模式既简洁又高效,而且由于模型体积小,我们的成本也不高。
So that's what makes it, like, nice, clean, but also, like, itself, it doesn't cost us much because the models are small.
所以,是的,这些商业模式非常出色。
So, yeah, the the business models are quite amazing.
我知道这些大科技公司是怎么做的,比如生成我的照片,或者生成视频供人娱乐。
And I know, like, how these big tech companies, like, hey, generate the picture of me and, you know, generate the video, play with it.
我就想,这有什么意义呢?
And I'm like, what's the point?
然后他们还亏了一大笔钱。
And then they, like, losing a bunch of money.
所以我不确定。
So I don't know.
我觉得这全都很好。
It's I think it's it's all great.
我们刚刚开始把大语言模型作为第一个历史性的AI。
We're just starting LLM as the first historical AI.
而且,你知道,这是第一个商业模式。
And, you know, this is the first business model.
人们最初只是想,好吧,把它交给人们,然后他们可以随意使用。
People just initially thought, okay, give it to people and then they can do with this whatever.
但现在我们进入了真正可以学习的阶段。
But now we are at the stage when we can actually learn.
我们从这些商业模式的优缺点中学习,尝试借鉴并改进它。
We learn from all the pros and cons of these business models and try to adopt it and make it something better.
目前这个领域的科学进展真的超乎想象,而且围绕已发生事情的研究数量也非常庞大。
The amount of science right now is really otherworldly in this space and and kind of the amount of research being done around what's already happening.
而最令人着迷的一点在于,事实上,如今在这个领域所进行的科学研究,与十年前相比,简直是天壤之别。
And, that's that's probably the most fascinating thing is the truth of it is is the amount of science being done now compared to ten years ago on this subject is is night and day.
那么,十年后或二十年后,这又意味着什么?
What does that mean for ten years from now or twenty?
是的。
Yeah.
对我来说,最令人兴奋的部分是,似乎人类经历了一个进化过程,接着是我们人类推动了人工智能的进化,而终将有一个时刻,我们会与之共同进化。
This exciting part to me is like it it seems that there was an evolution just for us for people, then there was us people pushing the evolution of AI, and there's gonna be a moment when we sort of co evolve together.
也许二十年后,我们会生活在一个完全无法想象的世界里,比如:‘没有AI的时候,我到底是怎么做到这些的?’
Like, it's gonna be a world when maybe in twenty years we couldn't even imagine, like, oh, how many did I do this without AI?
就像现在,孩子们写博士论文时,可能会想:‘以前的人是怎么靠手工完成的?’
Like, right now, kids probably writing the PhD thesis, and they're like, oh, how people do it by hand?
我以前还是靠手工做的,但现在你可以直接交给EPT之类的工具,它就能做得很好。
I was still doing by hand, but now it's like you could just put it in charge EPT or whatever, and it it did great.
你认为总体来看这是好事,还是认为这会损害人们的的学习过程?
Do you think that's a good thing on net, or do you think that that's gonna hurt people's, you know, learning process?
当然会损害学习过程。
Oh, definitely gonna hurt the learning process.
好的。
Okay.
我有孩子,我知道这种情况已经普遍存在了。
I have kids and, you know, I see it's already out there.
这很有趣。
It's it's interesting.
我很想知道整个教育体系将会发生什么变化,人们将如何应对这一点。
I'm curious what's gonna happen with educational system in general and how people are gonna navigate this.
我们现在在教育方面确实处于一个奇怪的境地,不是吗?
We're kind of in this weird spot right now with education, aren't we?
是的。
Yeah.
我想问一下,回到商业应用场景,因为我觉得你所提供的东西真的很棒。
I do wanna ask you going back to the business use case because I think what you're what you're offering is really cool.
如果有人想使用Kona模型或与您合作创建自己的模型,他们该如何操作呢?
How could someone work with a Kona model or or create work with you to create their own model if if they so wanted to do that?
你是说,如果有人想用Kona创建自己的模型?
You mean if somebody wants to create their own model with Kona?
对,就是这样。
You like Yeah.
要合作的话
To work
基本上就是与你们合作。
with basically, to work with you.
因为我知道你们有Kona,还有Alif,对吧?那是一个解决方案。
Because I know you have Kona, and then you also have Alif, I believe, the is the solution.
Alif只是专门用于需要修改部分的智能代理层。
Alif is just the agentic layer specifically for the parts where you need for modification.
所以我们用它来做cogen。
So we use it for cogen.
这原本是我们内部的一个工具,后来对外发布了,我们在铂金数据上做了测试,人们看到后惊呼:天哪,它真的能解决铂金问题,于是我们就稍微公开了一点。
Like, it was our internal tool which just got out and we tested on platinum and people saw, like, oh my god, it actually solves platinum and we, like, made it a little bit public.
是的。
Yeah.
起初,它根本没打算对外,因为还不足以胜任实际的代码生成场景。
At first, it was, like, never meant to be the public because it was not, like, good to go for the actual code generation use case.
明白了。
Got it.
是的。
Yeah.
在把它开放给不认识的用户之前,对我们来说这将是一段探索之旅。
So it's gonna be a journey for us to see, like, before we give it to just people we don't know.
我们想先了解它的边界在哪里,它是如何扩展的,有哪些问题,擅长什么,不擅长什么。
Let's say, we want to understand where the boundaries of this, like, how it's scaling, what's the issue is, what it's good at, what it's bad at.
这纯粹是为了安全考虑,你不想随便搞出个东西,然后放出去让别人胡乱使用。
And it it's just for the sake of safety because you don't wanna, like, create something wild and then put out there in public and people start doing crazy things with it.
所以我们只是想了解、熟悉它,并弄清楚什么是安全的。
So we just wanna, like, understand, know it, and figure out what's safe.
然后我们才能把它发布出去,也许可以附上API,让人们可以在其基础上进行开发。
And then we can put it out there and maybe attach API to it, and then people could start building on top of it.
但我们还不到这个阶段。
But we're not we're not at this stage.
是的。
Yes.
这很合理。
That's fair.
这完全合理。
That's totally fair.
是的。
Yeah.
确实如此。
It is.
确实是。
It is.
我想知道具体来说,你提到过能量模型已经存在很久了。
I guess I was wondering specifically, so you mentioned that there's energy models have been around for a while.
你说在某些形式上,可能已经有四十年了。
You said in some forms, maybe four four decades old in some way.
到底是什么让推理能量模型如今成为可能?
What what in particular made the reasoning energy model cape like, capable of happening now
嗯。
Mhmm.
而以前却不行呢?
Versus before?
看起来是你的想法把这一切串联起来了。
It seems like it's your ideas were what put it together.
但还有什么其他因素让你觉得,嘿。
But what's what what what else led you to say, like, hey.
我们现在实际上可以做到以前做不到的事情。
We could actually do this now when we couldn't have done it before.
是的。
Yeah.
我认为,对我个人而言,缺失的部分是人工智能的延迟空间概念。
I think that the to me, personally, the missing part was missing is the idea of the latency space for AI.
而延迟空间就像是你大脑中的延迟空间。
And latency space is something like, literally, like your brain latency space.
它是你大脑中某个部分,能让你把任务一直保留在潜意识里。
It's some some part of your brain which keeps the task on the on the back of your mind.
而且,至少据我所知,以及根据其他人的认知,因为直到我们出现之前,基于能量模型的推理并不存在。
And you just like, at least to my knowledge, and apparently to other people's knowledge since the EBMs for reasoning were not there until us.
至少我们之前没看到多少真正有效的成果。
At least we haven't seen much, like, which is actually working.
我觉得,延迟变量才是关键所在。
I felt like the latency variables is what was crucial.
而且,你们训练它的方式也不同。
And also, like, the way you train it was different.
而且,我们在训练过程中让整个过程变得透明了。
And also, we sort of the training process, we made it transparent.
模型具备自我对齐的能力。
It's there is ability to self align for the model.
因此,这在某些使用场景下类似于自我监督。
So almost like a self supervision for certain use cases.
所以,这就像多个部分需要以特定方式协同设计。
So it's like multiple pieces which need to be engineered together in a certain way.
此外,关于能量景观的导航算法,源自一个我本人在博士期间研究并热衷的完全意想不到的领域。
And also navigation algorithm on the energy landscape came from completely unexpected area I personally was working and passionate was passionate about during my PhD years.
所以
So
太棒了。
Excellent.
那么,Eve,人们可以去哪里了解更多关于你们在Logical Intelligence所做工作的事情呢?
Well, Eve, where could people go to learn more about what you all are doing over at Logical Intelligence?
这真是非常有趣的内容,我相信我们的观众会有很多问题。
This is really fascinating stuff, and I am certain our viewers will have questions.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我们差不多一周前刚成立了公司,我收到了超过2000封邮件和LinkedIn消息,这很好。
So we launched the company basically a week ago or something, and I received, like, over 2,000 emails and messages on LinkedIn, which is good.
我始终心怀感激。
Like, I'm always grateful.
看到人们充满好奇总是很有趣,这说明我们做对了些什么。
And it's always, like, fun to see that people are curious, so it means, like, we're doing something right.
我们正在与多位教授和领域专家合作,尝试撰写一些教育材料并发布到我们的网站上。
And we're partnering with a bunch of professors and fields in experts, so we can try to write some education materials and put it on our website.
我们还有一个小型科学团队,正在撰写关于LLM和各类EBM背后基础数学原理的内容,并试图发表论文。
We also have like a small science team who just writing about foundational, like mathematics behind LLMs, behind EBMs of different kind, and they're trying to publish papers.
所以你看,我觉得论文可能是最好的起点。
So see, I I feel like maybe papers would be the best place as a start.
但同样,这真的很棒。
But again, like, is amazing.
他正在尝试许多不同的技术,但还有更多即将推出。
He's doing, like, lots of different techniques, but there's also a lot more coming up.
所以,如果你持续关注的话。
So I guess if you just stay tuned.
当然了。
Heck yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
比如Amylabs在生产新材料,而我们也在生产新材料。
For, like, amylabs producing new materials and us producing new materials.
所以,我们实际上是在开创一个全新的领域。
So, like, we we build in a new field, like, literally.
不是EBM本身,而是EBM的推理部分是AI领域的一个新领域。
Not not the EBM part itself, but the EBM reasoning part is a new field in AI space.
我想我们会继续与像你这样了不起的人交流,向公众进一步解释,并在网上传播,希望有所帮助。
And I guess we're just gonna speak to amazing people like you and, you know, try to explain more for public and put it out there in the Internet and hopefully it helps.
这就是创造力如何融合在一起的例子。
Is the example of, like, how the creativity comes together.
你在学习一些完全不相关的东西,然后突然之间,啪的一下就明白了。
You're learning something which completely unrelated, and then all of a sudden it just like boom.
有道理。
Makes sense.
这里面当然有很多运气成分,因为人们知道这些碎片,但把它们组合在一起并不容易,没错。
So, obviously, a lot of luck in here because, you know, people know the pieces, but bringing pieces together is not easy and Right.
花了一些时间。
Took some time.
这太令人着迷了。
That's fascinating.
有时候,正是具备多元知识背景的合适人选才能出现,并提出那个关键的想法。
And, you know, sometimes it takes the right person with that diverse knowledge set to come through and have the idea that needed to happen.
当然。
Well, definitely.
没错。
Definitely.
我们非常期待见证你们的成长,并看看这一切将走向何方。
Well, we're super excited to watch watch you all grow and see see where this goes.
如果有机会,格兰特和我真想和你彻夜畅谈。
Grant and I would nerd out for days with you if given the opportunity.
简直有上百个问题想问你。
Sounds So like a 100 more questions.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。